PDA

View Full Version : Official Pokemon Discussion Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55

Rose Storm
1st March 2011, 9:54 PM
Ghost is my favourite type. :3 I love Chandelure, Cofagrigus and Golurk. Jellicent is okay.

Endless
1st March 2011, 9:55 PM
On the topic of ghost types this gen. Well I love Jellicent and Frillish. They look so classy and nice, but you can somehow see the ghost type in them to. I don't care too much about Chandelure and the line, to me they are overhyped. Golurk is actually interesting and I like how it can learn fly, also it is a robot~ However the last ghost line ,Cofafgrigus, is just so forgetable. I don't know why, but I tend to forget it.
I am quite happy with them, and keep in mind that Ghost is far from my favorite type.

hever
1st March 2011, 9:55 PM
^I wasn't even aware that Jellicent was a ghost type until I today!

Excadrill
1st March 2011, 9:56 PM
Did anybody here read Nintendo Power's interview with the creators of the Generation V pokemon in the newest issue? And their review of the games? It got a 9 out of 10.

hever
1st March 2011, 9:57 PM
^You have a link anywhere online so we can read it?

Dracoste
1st March 2011, 10:01 PM
I also like the ghost type this gen.

Yamask line: Kinda eery though, a pokémon that got created out of a human soul(at least...the dex says that). It's ability is also quite unique, the pokémon that hits it will also have that ability and the Pokémon that hits that Pokémon also gets that ability, and on and on and on...

Litwick line: Litwick looks so cute^w^ It's also the non-legendary pokémon with the highest Sp. Atk. And Chandelure's dex entry is als very eery. But I do like the line in overal.

Golett line: I first was wondering "how the heck can Golurk learn fly!" until I saw that comic about it, that explained a lot.

Frillish line: the gender difference looks pretty awesome. However, for some kind of reason the male Jellicent makes me hungry:rolleyes:

hever
1st March 2011, 10:07 PM
Litwick line: Litwick looks so cute^w^ It's also the non-legendary pokémon with the highest Sp. Atk. And Chandelure's dex entry is als very eery. But I do like the line in overal.

It's amazing how my brother once drew a "fakemon" of the same typing and almost the same appearance years back. I could not believe it when I first saw it. I immediately thought to have it in my team.

Weaver_8
1st March 2011, 10:09 PM
Frillish line: the gender difference looks pretty awesome. However, for some kind of reason the male Jellicent makes me hungry:rolleyes:

Mmmmm, Pringles.

travisjb90
1st March 2011, 10:15 PM
The ghost types this generation are really cool. They all have interesting idea. Some of them have really cool type combos too. My favorite is Cofigrigus.

hever
1st March 2011, 10:16 PM
The ghost types this generation are really cool. They all have interesting idea. Some of them have really cool type combos too. My favorite is Cofigrigus.
Ehh don't care much for it.

Weaver_8
1st March 2011, 10:33 PM
My favorite ghosts for this region are the Golurk line and the Jellicent line. Cofagrigus is fine to me, but he does creep me out with his origins.

s2daam
1st March 2011, 11:00 PM
The Ghosts.. aren't impressing me too much this reigon. I kinda wanted a new Duskull kind of line..

hever
1st March 2011, 11:03 PM
^Why? We don't need another one of those.

And I agree. We need more ghost types. All the other types are taking the Pokemon World.

Bulbatordile
1st March 2011, 11:04 PM
I really like Cofagrigus and Golurk. Cofagrigus is creepy which I like and I generally like things based around ancient egypt. I like how Golurk blends golem influences and is also robot like. Its quite a different take on what you might think a ghost type is. Atleast to me I wouldn't have expected it to be a part ghost type from first appearances.
Design wise those two tick a lot of boxes for me.

Cofagrigus and Golurk are up there with Dusknoir and Mismagius for me as favourite ghost types. I'm probably going to use Cofagrigus, as I've known about it longer from the pre-release stuff I feel i fell I should chose it first.

I also quite like the Litwick line. I've always wanted a ghost/fire duel type. Litwick itself I find really cute. Infact I've also wanted a ghost/water type. I'm pretty impressed with all the new ghost types.

hever
1st March 2011, 11:07 PM
I also quite like the Litwick line. I've always wanted a ghost/fire duel type. Litwick itself I find really cute. Infact I've also wanted a ghost/water type. I'm pretty impressed with all the new ghost types.
Lucky that we have those (http://serebii.net/pokedex-bw/592.shtml) as well.

kaiser soze
1st March 2011, 11:07 PM

And I agree. We need more ghost types. All the other types are taking the Pokemon World.

I think there is a good installment of ghosts in this generation. the fact that there are less ghosts in the universe is a carryover for 1st gen, where gengar's line was the only one. plus I think they should be a little rare; we dont want them as common as water types

Sponge
1st March 2011, 11:08 PM
My favourite ghost and favourite pokemon this gen is Cofagrigus. I just love everything about it. I also love the Golett line.

Ghost types always seem to be winners for me though.

Although my least fav of the ghosts this gen would be Jellicent, I don't dislike it I just don't care for it as much as the others.

So I'll definitely be using Cofagrigus in my team. When I get to Castelia City I'll probably skip ahead to Relic Castle if I can and catch a Yamask. (as far as I know you can enter the desert without beating the Castelia gym)

Bulbatordile
1st March 2011, 11:09 PM
Lucky that we have those (http://serebii.net/pokedex-bw/592.shtml) as well.

Those were what I were refering to! :) I just didn't mention their names.

hever
1st March 2011, 11:11 PM
Those were what I were refering to! I just didn't mention their names.
Ahh. Gotcha.

Sponge
1st March 2011, 11:12 PM
The only thing I don't like about Golett is that it appears so late in the game, it could have possibly been a contender for my team except you can't get it until after the sixth gym I think....

hever
1st March 2011, 11:24 PM
I think there is a good installment of ghosts in this generation. the fact that there are less ghosts in the universe is a carryover for 1st gen, where gengar's line was the only one. plus I think they should be a little rare; we dont want them as common as water types

I totally agree.

Sabonea_Masukippa
1st March 2011, 11:30 PM
So I'll definitely be using Cofagrigus in my team. When I get to Castelia City I'll probably skip ahead to Relic Castle if I can and catch a Yamask. (as far as I know you can enter the desert without beating the Castelia gym)

Hmm, I can't remember if you can get all the way to the castle without the gym badge, but you probably can. I remember getting a Scraggy, Darumaka, and Sandile on route 4 before Burgh for sure, though. I don't remember for Maractus, Sigilyph, Yamask, Dwebble. If you can get them all before the badge...that's got to be the most amount of Pokemon I ever caught in an hour.

MetalFlygon08
1st March 2011, 11:36 PM
You can't get past the 1st 'paved' part of the desert, the workman will stop you iirc, but there's deep sand, trainers, and a healing house to the left by going through a hole in the fence, and a small gap in the rocks.

Tytus
1st March 2011, 11:39 PM

At least it's not as bad as Gen 1, when there was one Ghost line.

Dr. Leggs
1st March 2011, 11:42 PM
The Ghosts.. aren't impressing me too much this reigon. I kinda wanted a new Duskull kind of line..

What is a 'Duskull kind of line'?

The Oncoming Storm
1st March 2011, 11:55 PM
My fave ghost this gen is the chandlure line. The rest are pretty much allright in my book. I think this gen was a great gen for the lesser types. We got a slew of ghosts, psys, fighting, eletrics, and useable bugs.

rocky505
1st March 2011, 11:58 PM
The Golett line are my favorite ghosts. Robo ghosts are awesome.

Cobalt_Latios
2nd March 2011, 12:38 AM
The Golett line are my favorite ghosts. Robo ghosts are awesome.
Well, they are based off of golems (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/50/Clay-golem.jpg).

/CL

Xman96
2nd March 2011, 1:04 AM
My favorite ghost this gen is Chandelure. I just love this guy, and his pre-evos. Second favorite is Cofagrigus. All the others are really good as well, and I am starting to warm up to the MALE version. The female version I still can't stand.

Silent Conversation
2nd March 2011, 1:15 AM
I must agree that the Litwick line is my favourite ghost line. Ghost/fire is an original, interesting type combo, and in all honesty, I've always preferred three Pokemon evolution lines to two Pokemon evolution lines like Golett.

Wadeledge
2nd March 2011, 2:02 AM
Golett line: I first was wondering "how the heck can Golurk learn fly!" until I saw that comic about it, that explained a lot.

What comic?

Sabonea_Masukippa
2nd March 2011, 2:09 AM
You can't get past the 1st 'paved' part of the desert, the workman will stop you iirc, but there's deep sand, trainers, and a healing house to the left by going through a hole in the fence, and a small gap in the rocks.

Ah, well there you go then.

You know what I hate battling? lvl25 Tranquil next to Driftveil City on Route 6. Protect, Quick Attack, and Roost are freaking annoying.

Cobalt_Latios
2nd March 2011, 2:12 AM
I must agree that the Litwick line is my favourite ghost line. Ghost/fire is an original, interesting type combo, and in all honesty, I've always preferred three Pokemon evolution lines to two Pokemon evolution lines like Golett.
Yeah, when I first saw the sprites I thought: "wtf? A candle?! Seriously?" Then when it becomes a Chandelier I thought: "a possessed chandelier in a haunted house/mansion? I works so well!" And then I saw it's stats. Yup, now I consider it one of my favorite fire types this gen.

Only Pokemon can make a chandelier, of all things, epic!

/CL

Silent Conversation
2nd March 2011, 2:23 AM
Yeah, when I first saw the sprites I thought: "wtf? A candle?! Seriously?" Then when it becomes a Chandelier I thought: "a possessed chandelier in a haunted house/mansion? I works so well!" And then I saw it's stats. Yup, now I consider it one of my favorite fire types this gen.

I definitely agree that some of the Pokemon look weird or stupid upon first impression, but look a lot better once you find out more about them. I originally thought Beheeyem looked ugly and just too strange for my liking, but after looking through its base stats and moves, I really like it and am putting it on my team.

Excadrill
2nd March 2011, 2:29 AM
Patrat gave me the impression it was another weak normal-type rodent like Rattata and Bidoof. It seems that the only difference is hypnosis. Lame.

But I had similar worries about Sewaddle and Venipede, and I was so wrong. Butterfree and Beedrill look so awful in comparison.

rocky505
2nd March 2011, 2:29 AM
Well, they are based off of golems (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/50/Clay-golem.jpg).

/CL They are robots made of clay which is called Golbot.

Dr. Leggs
2nd March 2011, 2:31 AM
Patrat gave me the impression it was another weak normal-type rodent like rattata and bidoof. It seems that the only difference is hypnosis. Lame.

Were you expecting anything more from the regional rodent?

BW202
2nd March 2011, 2:54 AM
I have warmed up to the Oshawott line so much. Originally, I only liked Dewott. Now, because of the anime I am in love with Oshawott, and I have now seen Samurott's badass...ness.

R_N
2nd March 2011, 3:11 AM
Patrat gave me the impression it was another weak normal-type rodent like Rattata and Bidoof. It seems that the only difference is hypnosis. Lame.

But I had similar worries about Sewaddle and Venipede, and I was so wrong. Butterfree and Beedrill look so awful in comparison.
Yeah, they're all pretty samey. But let's give a fair comparison to see how they actually stack up anyway

TIME TO SCIENCE THIS UP

Base Stat Comparisons ARE GO
BST: Watchog (420) > Raticate (413) > Bibarel (410)
HP: 60 55 79
AT: 85 81 85
DF: 69 60 60
SA: 60 50 55
SD: 69 70 60
SP: 70 97 71

So about the same in terms of stats. Raticate is the fastest, Watchog has the better defenses although Bibarel has a bulker HP stat. Raticate is teh weakest and none of them should go near special attacks ever.

So notable moves? Well take them to ~25, since chances are people won't use them past that
-Watchog gets Bite at level 6, Detect at 11, CRUNCH at 16, Hypnosis at 18, Confuse Ray at 20 [EVOLUTION LEVEL], Super Fang at 22
-Bibarel gets Rollout at 13, Water Gun at 15 [EVOLUTION LEVEL], Headbutt at 18, and Hyper Fang at 23
-Raticate gets Focus Energy at 7, Bite at 10, Pursuit (eh...) at 13, Hyper Fang at 16, Sucker Punch (!!!) at 19, [Evolves at 20], Crunch at 24

So Watchog kind of got the better deal, move-pool-wise; Sucker Punch aside, anyway. Poor Bibarel had a pretty baren move pool until Rollout.
It should be noted that Raticate's gen 3 move pool was awful, though. Like absolutely awful.

Also weird: Raticate has Swords Dance as a -- move, Watchog has Low Kick.

Cobalt_Latios
2nd March 2011, 3:27 AM
They are robots made of clay which is called Golbot.
No, I do in fact mean "golem (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golem)"

/CL

rocky505
2nd March 2011, 3:31 AM
No, I do in fact mean "golem (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golem)"

/CL Golems can't fly robots can. It is a Golbot it has both golem and robot in it.

Dr. Leggs
2nd March 2011, 3:33 AM
It's part golem, part robot/mecha. You guys are agreeing. -_-

Grei
2nd March 2011, 3:38 AM
What comic?

A comic from this page. (http://img156.imageshack.us/g/4komazuruzukin.jpg/)

(specifically, this one. (http://img13.imageshack.us/i/4komagoruugu.jpg/))

R_N
2nd March 2011, 3:45 AM

Aw, I was hoping more would have been scanned by now.

and translated

Cobalt_Latios
2nd March 2011, 3:47 AM
Golems can't fly robots can. It is a Golbot it has both golem and robot in it.
Why didn't you say so in first place!

/CL

hever
2nd March 2011, 3:56 AM

and translated

Which ones would you like to be translated?

I'll translate this one, as I just finished reading it:
http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/1575/4komayuniran.jpg

First image:
Oshawott: ":O Why are the Solosis talking in Telepathy?!"
Solosis: *pi pi pi pi*

Second image:
Solosis1: *pi pi*"Heyy. What time did you wake up this morning? I woke up at 7AM."*pi pi*
Solosis2: *pi pi*"Well, I woke up at 6:55!"*pi pi*

Last image:
Oshawott: "they're probably using telepathy because it's an important conversation."
Solosis2: *pi pi*"ha! i beat you!"*pi pi*

EDIT:
These are pretty funny!!!! :D Thanks for the link!

Grei
2nd March 2011, 4:05 AM

and translated

Me too. Although it seems pretty much all of these were scanned on the same day, so I wonder if there's a different reason for why others haven't been uploaded yet than "the uploader didn't have the time." :/

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/1575/4komayuniran.jpg

First image:

Second image:
Solosis1: *pi pi*"Heyy. What time did you wake up this morning? I woke up at 7AM."*pi pi*

Last image:
Oshawott: "they're probably using telepathy because it's an important conversation."

EDIT:

Haha, that is funny!

R_N
2nd March 2011, 4:12 AM

[img 139]http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/1575/4komayuniran.jpg[/img139]

First image:

Second image:

Last image:

EDIT:

hee hee

let's see, the Zekrom, Gothitelle, Whimsicott, Yamask and Archeo ones look interesting.

hever
2nd March 2011, 4:28 AM
http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/2928/4komazekrom.jpg

First image:
"Zekrom's tail in which the light is a generator."

Second image:
Zoroark: "Today is a little bit cold" (I wonder why :P)
Beartic: "Do you want to play *Oshikura Manju?"

Third image:
Zekrom: " I want to join!!"
All: "Yes! That's alright, let's all do it together!"

Last:
Zekrom: "Oshi--ku--ra!!"
All: "AAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!" *spark spark*

*Type of game in the olden days to keep warm.

R_N
2nd March 2011, 4:32 AM
Pfaahaha, I thought maybe Zoroark was cold because of Beartic and they would try to use Zekrom as a heater

This is way better

Mr.Munchlax
2nd March 2011, 4:36 AM
Can someone please translate the Rufflet & Braviary ones?

Wadeledge
2nd March 2011, 4:41 AM

Awesome, thanks! These are awesome!

hever
2nd March 2011, 4:49 AM
http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/794/4komagochiruzeru.jpg

1st:
Gothetelle: "This is mystical Gothetelle, for the forecast."

2nd:
Gothi: "Tomorrow's weather will be crisp and clear! It's going to be a great day!"
Tepig: "Umm... the forecast huh..."

3rd:
Tepig: "hehe.. thanks, but I think it's going to be a lot different tomorrow."

4th:
Gothi: "You don't believe me Tepig?! >:O You're not the psychic, here!"
Tepig: "She can hear me?!!?!?!"

BW202
2nd March 2011, 4:55 AM

1st:

2nd:
Gothi: "Tomorrow's weather will be crisp and clear! It's going to be a great day!"

3rd:

4th:

Lol, Tepig's face is priceless XD.

Cobalt_Latios
2nd March 2011, 4:58 AM

1st:

2nd:

3rd:

4th:
That's awesome!

Taking Psychic's to a whole other meaning :).

/CL

R_N
2nd March 2011, 4:59 AM
these continue to be wonderful

hever
2nd March 2011, 5:02 AM
http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/4921/4komaerufuun.jpg

1st-3rd images:
Whimsicott:
" I will ride this whirlwind, so it can show me where I can get into a house through a crack!"
"Ahh... I wonder which crack I need to enter in..."
"Oh! There! I choose that one!"

Last image:
Whimsicott: "AN INTERRUPTING ISLAND?!?!"
Crustle: "YOU CAN'T ENTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

R_N
2nd March 2011, 5:08 AM
Hahaha that's actually really clever

hever
2nd March 2011, 5:21 AM
http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/7582/4komaaaken.jpg

1st:
Achen is probably all the bird pokemon's ancestor.

2nd:
Swanna: "Yes, PERHAPS!!!!"

3rd:
Swanna: "Let's go celebrate! Let's fly!!"

4th:
Archen: "... I can't fly. =((("

My eyes are hurting from reading the kanji, so I'll stop there for today.

R_N
2nd March 2011, 5:24 AM
Archeops' is just as depressing as it seemed like
perhaps more so

hever
2nd March 2011, 5:25 AM
K I fixed it. I hope it makes more sense now. He does look like a depressing Pokemon though. :(

Cobalt_Latios
2nd March 2011, 5:32 AM
http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/7582/4komaaaken.jpg

1st:
Acheops is probably all the bird pokemon's ancestor.

2nd:
Swanna: "Yes, PERHAPS!!!!"

3rd:
Swanna: "Let's go celebrate! Let's fly!!"

4th:
Archeops: "... I can't fly. =((("

My eyes are hurting from reading the kanji, so I'll stop there for today.
I'd hate to nitpick, but it's Archen, not Archeops.

/CL

hever
2nd March 2011, 5:33 AM
UGHH These new names are still foreign to my brain ok?! But thanks for that. C:

R_N
2nd March 2011, 5:47 AM
You know, for such a compact language, they sure do use a lot of characters to say "Yes, perhaps."

hever
2nd March 2011, 5:50 AM
You know, for such a compact language, they sure do use a lot of characters to say "Yes, perhaps."

You're right. There are a couple of ways to say "maybe" in Japanese, and in this instant, they used. 〜かもしれません (kamoshiremasen), which has seven characters!

R_N
2nd March 2011, 5:59 AM
You're right. There are a couple of ways to say "maybe" in Japanese, and in this instant, they used. 〜かもしれません (kamoshiremasen), which has seven characters!

Japanese is absolutely bonkers sometimes, I swear.

Cobalt_Latios
2nd March 2011, 6:01 AM
Try French sometimes, same deal. At least with the words. The grammatical structure is in such a way that you can't really mess it up, so long as you stick with the rules. And those rules typically do work.

/CL

Mario with Lasers
2nd March 2011, 6:11 AM
That's because you guys never had to learn Portuguese!

R_N
2nd March 2011, 6:13 AM

Pffff everyone knows Portuguese is all ese ja puerto va

hever
2nd March 2011, 6:45 AM
Try French sometimes, same deal. At least with the words. The grammatical structure is in such a way that you can't really mess it up, so long as you stick with the rules. And those rules typically do work.

/CL
Oh Gawd. All I know how to say is Marcon, which is boy, right? I have it for Rosetta Stone and I stopped. :(

Va se ga la

BW202
2nd March 2011, 7:27 AM
Four friggin days! (Two for you European n00bs XD)

What rating would you give this generation's Pokemon on a scale of 1-10?

Personally, I would give it somewhere between a 8.5 and a 9.5. There are maybe twelve that I just don't like at all. Overall, this is probably my favorite set of Pokes ever.

Zhanton
2nd March 2011, 7:30 AM
I can't really judge them until I get to actually see them and use them, tbh. [8 days to go~] They look pretty good, though. Some are simple, like the designs of Gen I and II, others are complicated, like Gen IV. But I know these aren't my favourite set ever. That belongs to the Johto Pokemon. <3

Neinteen91
2nd March 2011, 11:16 AM
Why, why, why, WHY did they think it was a good idea to change Roobushin to Conkeldurr?

The Oncoming Storm
2nd March 2011, 11:29 AM
Id rate thes pokes with a solid 9.7214526. I dont like maybe five of them. The rest are badarse.

Sabonea_Masukippa
2nd March 2011, 11:34 AM

To be fair, in 'real speech' most people just say 'かも' (kamo) because...you know ... it's shorter and stuff.

Why, why, why, WHY did they think it was a good idea to change Roobushin to Conkeldurr?

Roobushin --> Rou 老 'old (age)' + fushin 普請 'building/construction'

Conkelder --> Concrete + Elder
Also has the nice bonus of sounding like conk and is to conk someone on the head with a concrete pillar.

Sounds like a pretty decent idea to me, at least.

Dracoste
2nd March 2011, 12:30 PM
I like Hilbert's name. It is not a bad name. It is a name you don't hear to often and that is cool that it is different.

Who's Hilbert?

Blazios
2nd March 2011, 1:42 PM
Who's Hilbert?

The male playable character. The one that people thought would be called Blake.

Dr. Leggs
2nd March 2011, 1:49 PM

Because Roobushin doesn't make sense to English audiences.

creature
2nd March 2011, 2:57 PM
anyone know if the underground will still be on this game? i love that splace so much !

Hejiru
2nd March 2011, 3:01 PM
anyone know if the underground will still be on this game? i love that splace so much !

You mean the Underground fro Diamond/Pearl/Platinum? No, it is not returning. But new things like the EntraLink are there.

Dracoste
2nd March 2011, 3:21 PM
Hilbert and Hilda....ugh....I liked "Blair" and "Whitlea", the names from the demo, more.
Luckily if I go to the battle subway I get Hilda as partner, I don't really have that much trouble with that name, instead of...Hilbert...

Hejiru
2nd March 2011, 3:23 PM
How could they give such a hot trainer such a disgusting name? Hilda.... ugh.

Rockstar95
2nd March 2011, 4:26 PM
I named my trainer Blair from the demo :P
http://img688.imageshack.us/i/img00261201103021551.jpg/

6th Gym :D

R_N
2nd March 2011, 4:46 PM
Hilda, huh?

Guess the theme is "foreign," then.

hever
2nd March 2011, 5:22 PM
Hilda, huh?

Guess the theme is "foreign," then.

Isn't that what BW is all about?

UStrainer40137
2nd March 2011, 5:24 PM
Well that explains why I battled an English speaker in a JP game.

LexSuicune
2nd March 2011, 6:31 PM
You mean the Underground fro Diamond/Pearl/Platinum? No, it is not returning. But new things like the EntraLink are there.

EntraLink?

Dr. Leggs
2nd March 2011, 6:34 PM
EntraLink = High Link.

Hejiru
2nd March 2011, 7:12 PM
EntraLink = High Link.

It's called the EntraLink in the US, isn't it?

Dracoste
2nd March 2011, 7:19 PM

yes, EntraLink is the English name for it. The guy above Dr. Legs probably haven't heard the English name yet. So Dr. Leggs clarrified it that it's the English name for High Link.

Sakrey
2nd March 2011, 7:19 PM
Yeah, because of the Entree.

Wheeeeeee!

Weaver_8
2nd March 2011, 7:21 PM
Sazandora is an interesting Pokemon, in its very first form Monozu it had one head but when it evolves into Jiheddo it gets two heads, then when it evolves Sazandora it again has one head, and two hand puppets... yeah. People often talk about how creepy it is that Jiheddo when it evolves loses one of the sentient heads, but I am thinking of this differently. What if when Monozu evolves it brains splits in two and forms another head instead of growing a completely knew brain. Both heads are connected but one represents the right side of the brain and the other is the left side thus the conflict the two get into with each other. Then when it evolve to Sazandora the two heads containing one half of the brain lose the brain-halves and go to for a new head where the brains again come together once more. This explains why the two hand heads can eat just like the third head, since they still have the throats they had when of the brain-halves were still in them.

Sorry for the long post.

Dr. Leggs
2nd March 2011, 7:21 PM

Yes, that's what I'm saying.

Also, English classifications are on the main site.

Look at Dwebble and Crustle.

Hejiru
2nd March 2011, 7:26 PM
Yes, that's what I'm saying.

"Rock Inn Pokemon" for Dwebble and "Stone Home Pokemon" for Crustle... is that significant?

Dracoste
2nd March 2011, 7:27 PM

Haha. It make them sound like snails to me actually.

Dr. Leggs
2nd March 2011, 7:30 PM
"Rock Inn Pokemon" for Dwebble and "Stone Home Pokemon" for Crustle... is that significant?

Just noting the silly puns. XD

Dracoste
2nd March 2011, 7:31 PM

Rick Inn sounds like Rockin'. was that the pun that you noticed?

Hejiru
2nd March 2011, 7:32 PM

...what puns? It's a Inn of Rock and a Home of Stones... am I missing something? Unless you mean "Rockin' Pokemon" for Dwebble

Care to explain for denser people like me? :p

Mr.Munchlax
2nd March 2011, 7:48 PM

Main site?

Dracoste
2nd March 2011, 7:51 PM
Main site?

*sigh*

Kidding right...Oh well...We call this (http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml) the Main site.

Anyway, we were talking about Dwebble and Crustle. They aren't one of my fav bug type this gen nor my fav rock type. But they actually look funny.

Blazios
2nd March 2011, 7:52 PM
Dwebble's classification seems more suited for Roggenrola IMO.

Dwebble's Pokédex antry in BW011 is going to be odd, though.

Mr.Munchlax
2nd March 2011, 8:24 PM

*sigh*

Kidding right...Oh well...We call this (http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml) the Main site.

Anyway, we were talking about Dwebble and Crustle. They aren't one of my fav bug type this gen nor my fav rock type. But they actually look funny.

Sorry, my brain is half asleep at the moment so I wasn't sure if you meant the main site or the official pokemon website

SasakiThePikachu
2nd March 2011, 8:25 PM
So, who loves Munna?

Reuniclus has a lot of fans, and Gothitelle...well, she gets compared to Lady Gaga a lot...but who else has a passion for the psychic, pink, beflowered little cutiepie?

I'm always a fan of the hypnosis/dream eater combo...and yay for the gen 1 reference.

Dracoste
2nd March 2011, 8:28 PM
Sorry, my brain is half asleep at the moment so I wasn't sure if you meant the main site or the official pokemon website

Ooooow. Oh ok, we are all human aren't we, we make mistakes from time to time^_^ Just a simple misunderstanding.

So, who loves Munna?
Munna actually looks very cute. If I was going to use a pshychic type, I think it will be Munna/Musharna

I'm always a fan of the hypnosis/dream eater combo...and yay for the gen 1 reference.
I'm currently busy with my 2nd FR walkthough, is that girl that "mentions" Munna also in the remake?

Lorde
2nd March 2011, 8:29 PM
So, who loves Munna?

I like Munna now, but I wasn't so keen on the little pink Pokemon back when it was revealed. I didn't even understand what it was supposed to be. I thought it was some type of cow for a while, then I heard it was based on the same thing Drowzee and Hypno were based on. I like those flower patterns that Munna has. I've always found them cute and I just noticed that Fennel has a similar flower-like accessory in her hair :3

Gothitelle...well, she gets compared to Lady Gaga a lot

Which is puzzling, considering that they look almost nothing alike. People just like to point out random stuff :|

Weaver_8
2nd March 2011, 8:31 PM
So, who loves Munna?

Reuniclus has a lot of fans, and Gothitelle...well, she gets compared to Lady Gaga a lot...but who else has a passion for the psychic, pink, beflowered little cutiepie?

I love Munna though some people might not be able to tell this :rolleyes:

Munna is so cute, and I have images of them just floating around in my dreams as background scenery. Its strangely calming. Munna's evo is cute too, even when it opens its eyes. Is it me or does it seem like something out of Winnie the Pooh?

Which is puzzling, considering that they look almost nothing alike. People just like to point out random stuff :|

Lady Gaga has worn many different kinds of oddities before, maybe people think this likes one of her outfits?

SasakiThePikachu
2nd March 2011, 8:40 PM
I think so Dracoste...she's in/around the Rock Cave, if memory serves...

Kira, I think it's the layered dress Gaga once wore...someone posted it a while back. It really, really does look like Gothitelle, although I didn't see any resemblance until then. Google 'lady gaga layer dress' and you'll find it easily.

No Weaver, we'd never have guessed, lol. It does look Pooh-ish now you mention it!! :3

Dracoste
2nd March 2011, 9:11 PM
I think so Dracoste...she's in/around the Rock Cave, if memory serves...

Found her! She's in the southern part of route 10, just before the entrance/exit of the rock tunnel, near Lavender town.
"The POKéMON here in the mountains are so chunky... I wish there were pink POKéMON with a floral pattern!"

Xman96
2nd March 2011, 9:14 PM
I now see why Gothitelle is so often referred to as Lady Gaga. I googled it and the layered dress that she wore does look kind of like a white version of Gothitelle.

Dr. Leggs
2nd March 2011, 9:17 PM
Jeez, I thought they were kinda intuitive...

Rock Inn = Rockin'

I first saw Stone Home as a pun on Phone Home or something of the like but maybe I'm wrong. Dwebble and Crustle are growing on me regardless, though.

Some of the classifications are pretty cool; Sigilyph is the Avianoid Pokemon, Carracosta is the Prototurtle Pokemon, Simipour is the Geyser Pokemon, Archeops is the First Bird Pokemon, Whimsicott is the Windveiled Pokemon, Scrafty is the Hoodlum Pokemon, Elgyem/Beheeyem are the Cerebral Pokemon, Cryogonal is the Crystallized Pokemon, Golett/Golurk are the Automaton Pokemon and so forth.

Interestingly, Thundurus' classification is the same as one of Zekrom's signature moves; Bolt Strike. Odd.

Hejiru
2nd March 2011, 9:36 PM
I get Sigilyph; Avianoid. Avia means bird and noid means "kind of like". Fits with the translation "Psuedo Bird"

And Scrafty is the Hoodlum Pokemon. Heh heh. HOODlum. xD

The Eleventh
2nd March 2011, 10:33 PM
I get Sigilyph; Avianoid. Avia means bird and noid means "kind of like". Fits with the translation "Psuedo Bird"

And Scrafty is the Hoodlum Pokemon. Heh heh. HOODlum. xD

Eh, "hoodlum" wasn't chosen because the first four letters spell "hood". It was chosen because "hoodlum" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hoodlum) means a thug. Haven't you heard of that word?

The Eleventh
2nd March 2011, 10:37 PM
I don't see how Gothitelle looks like Lady Gaga. Some said that Electra Elesa looked like Gaga. I don't see the similarities. . .

Dracoste
2nd March 2011, 10:45 PM
Eh, "hoodlum" wasn't chosen because the first four letters spell "hood". It was chosen because "hoodlum" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hoodlum) means a thug. Haven't you heard of that word?

Of course he knew that, he just made a (funny) pun.

I don't see how Gothitelle looks like Lady Gaga. Some said that Electra Elesa looked like Gaga. I don't see the similarities. . .

http://img.allvoices.com/thumbs/event/598/486/54675709-lady-gaga.jpg

I think this is why people think Gothitelle looks like lady Gaga

Valoo.
2nd March 2011, 10:48 PM
^
Lopunny puns are Lofunny. I hope I don't pignite a pun conversation...
Where can I see the classifications?

Dracoste
2nd March 2011, 10:52 PM
Where can I see the classifications?

You go to a pokémon's page, like Sawk's (http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/539.shtml), and look in the box "Classification" and you can read there, that it's the "Karate Pokémon".

Lorde
2nd March 2011, 10:56 PM
http://img.allvoices.com/thumbs/event/598/486/54675709-lady-gaga.jpg

I think this is why people think Gothitelle looks like lady Gaga

The only thing that Gothitelle and Lady Gaga have in common is the layered dress design from what I can tell. Some people say that Meloetta looks like a Bratz doll and that Keldeo looks like a My Little Pony toy, but I honestly don't see the similarities. I think people just like to compare things for the hell of it.

Silent Conversation
2nd March 2011, 11:04 PM
I can kind of see Gothitelle as being Gaga, however it's very vague. On the other hand, I see absolutely no resemblance between Elesa and Gaga. At all.

Grei
2nd March 2011, 11:10 PM

And of course, there's absolutely no possibility that the word "hoodlum" was chosen over, say, "prankster" because the word "hoodlum" has the word "hood" in it, right? There's absolutely no way that pun is intentional.

:|

Come on.

R_N
2nd March 2011, 11:12 PM

And of course, there's absolutely no possibility that the word "hoodlum" was chosen over, say, "prankster" because the word "hoodlum" has the word "hood" in it, right? There's absolutely no way that pun is intentional.

:|

Come on.

Prankster has different connotations than Hoodlum

just saying

Sabonea_Masukippa
2nd March 2011, 11:16 PM
Can someone please translate the Rufflet & Braviary ones?

Can't find Braviary's one, but here's Rufflett's:

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/7430/4komawashibon.jpg

First Panel
Narrator: With its feet Rufflet ...

Second Panel
Narrator: ...Can crack open berries.

Third Panel
Left Rufflet: Are you trying to crack open berries too?
Right Rufflet: No...

Fourth Panel:
Right Rufflet: No. The earth [is what I'm trying to crack open!] .
Left Rufflet: That's impossible!!

Grei
2nd March 2011, 11:20 PM
Prankster has different connotations than Hoodlum

just saying

Point being, the pun is definitely there.

Can't find Braviary's one,

http://img534.imageshack.us/f/4komawargle.jpg/

Hejiru
2nd March 2011, 11:39 PM

Of course I have; I'm not an idiot. I was pointing out that hoodlum convieniently contains "hood". I was pointing out the pun.

OkUrRight
2nd March 2011, 11:44 PM
so i have what i think is an important question about the trading process for the new game. i know you can't trade your pokemon from your old version to new one until you beat the game and when you do items won't go with them but what about when you transfer the celebi and the dogs. if you put an item on them will they still be able to be transfered because i want to move my power items over to my black game once i get it or white whichever i get.

Grei
2nd March 2011, 11:56 PM
so i have what i think is an important question about the trading process for the new game. i know you can't trade your pokemon from your old version to new one until you beat the game and when you do items won't go with them but what about when you transfer the celebi and the dogs. if you put an item on them will they still be able to be transfered because i want to move my power items over to my black game once i get it or white whichever i get.

No, I don't believe they can hold any items.

Silent Conversation
2nd March 2011, 11:59 PM
In a way I think that's actually a good idea. It stops people from trading over important items such as Master Balls or Exp Shares so they have two of an item that you can usually only get one of. It's a pretty simple method of stopping "cheating", so to speak.

R_N
3rd March 2011, 12:04 AM
In a way I think that's actually a good idea. It stops people from trading over important items such as Master Balls or Exp Shares so they have two of an item that you can usually only get one of. It's a pretty simple method of stopping "cheating", so to speak.

Sadly all those Master Balls I've been stockpiling "Just in case" will now go to waste :'(

Silent Conversation
3rd March 2011, 12:08 AM
Sadly all those Master Balls I've been stockpiling "Just in case" will now go to waste :'(

Ya, I can't say that I won't want another Master Ball when capturing a legendary and remembering that I'm saving it for Tornadus :(

Sabonea_Masukippa
3rd March 2011, 1:21 AM
http://img534.imageshack.us/f/4komawargle.jpg/

So apparently I'm blind.

http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/3439/4komawargle.jpg

Panel 1:
Right Braviary: For us, the more scars you have on your body...
Left Braviary: ...The more you prove you are a valiant warrior.

Panel 2
Snivy: Oh! A flock of Braviary!

Panel 3
Snivy: They're the warriors of the sky? So cool.

Panel 4
Snivy: Everyone's injured! What happened to these Braviary?
Braviary: Proof we're warriors

lindsy95
3rd March 2011, 1:40 AM
Has anyone noticed serebii has added the dex entries?

Or am I late? XD

Silent Conversation
3rd March 2011, 2:26 AM
Has anyone noticed serebii has added the dex entries?

Or am I late? XD

I noticed that too, but I just thought that they had been there for a long time, I just hadn't really noticed.

BW202
3rd March 2011, 2:29 AM

Why is that a better name? It makes ZERO sense, just like the other Japanese names that people liked better. If you actually mean the meaning of it, then they both mean practically the same thing. It really irks me when people bi*** about something that makes practically no sense.

Silent Conversation
3rd March 2011, 2:31 AM
I personally don't like the name Conkeldurr, but it's definitely better than Roobushin, so I'm not complaining.

OkUrRight
3rd March 2011, 2:39 AM
but i will be able to pass over pokerus right

Dr. Empoleon
3rd March 2011, 2:47 AM
roobushin is even wores than its jap name: rasputin, which sounds like the russian monk rasputin. gah, hate it

Hejiru
3rd March 2011, 3:14 AM
I noticed that too, but I just thought that they had been there for a long time, I just hadn't really noticed.

No, he just added them today.

BW202
3rd March 2011, 3:15 AM
roobushin is even wores than its jap name: rasputin, which sounds like the russian monk rasputin. gah, hate it

Lol, that's an odd one. I'm fine with people not liking a name like whoever it is up there (although I really like the multiple puns in it). It's just when people say a Japanese name is better that I hate. It's just the natural need some people have to complain even when there is practically no logical thing to complain about.

Grei
3rd March 2011, 3:17 AM

His Japanese name is Roobushin.

(am I missing some sort of sarcasm here?)

Silent Conversation
3rd March 2011, 3:18 AM
His Japanese name is Roobushin.

(am I missing some sort of sarcasm here?)

Maybe he means romanized name vs. original name?

Dr. Leggs
3rd March 2011, 3:20 AM

Still isn't even close to Rasputin. ._.

Lishus13
3rd March 2011, 3:21 AM
Rasputin was a Russian. >_>

Silent Conversation
3rd March 2011, 3:22 AM
Still isn't even close to Rasputin. ._.

Well in that case I have no idea :S

Dr. Leggs
3rd March 2011, 3:22 AM
Rasputin was a Russian. >_>

Yes?

Nobody was arguing that. .-.

Lishus13
3rd March 2011, 3:23 AM
Yeah, just saying it's not the JP name...or like...ever romanized to "Rasputin" lmao.

Blueysicle
3rd March 2011, 3:25 AM

I don't remember Rasputin ever being a possible romanization for Roobushin. I don't see why anyone would think it was. I mean, I'm not too keen on Russian history, but I'm fairly certain that a concrete pillar wielding old guy has nothing to do with a healer/monk.

Silent Conversation
3rd March 2011, 3:26 AM
I don't remember Rasputin ever being a possible romanization for Roobushin. I don't see why anyone would think it was. I mean, I'm not too keen on Russian history, but I'm fairly certain that a concrete pillar wielding old guy has nothing to do with a healer/monk.

I didn't actually know the romanized name, I was just throwing out a suggestion because I couldn't explain the original post.

Weaver_8
3rd March 2011, 3:30 AM
I didn't actually know the romanized name, I was just throwing out a suggestion because I couldn't explain the original post.

Oh, I just thought you meant roobushin sound similar too Rasputin. Well okay the sound of both these names is strained, but is still there... kinda

By the way did you just make up the Rasputin thing randomly?

Dr. Leggs
3rd March 2011, 3:33 AM
Roobushin is the romanization, for the record.

slowpoke child
3rd March 2011, 3:39 AM
to get off the topic of rasputin, i just realized somethin abt scrafty and scraggy.

scraggy is the hoodlum pokemon. i always questioned y scrafty had pants or extra skin or whatever that he holds onto. is this a reference to how hoodlums wear baggy pants rly low? that could also explain the "aggy" from his name

Dr. Leggs
3rd March 2011, 3:42 AM
Yep, the molted skin is designed after really baggy trousers... I love it. XD

Scraggy is an actual word, meaning skinny or scrawny, but it very well could also be a combination of baggy and scrawny, or something of the like. It's one of those names that could have a huge number of roots.

Grei
3rd March 2011, 3:43 AM
to get off the topic of rasputin,

That's not its name even in Japanese. That's not the name of a Pokemon at all.

i just realized somethin abt scrafty and scraggy.

scraggy is the hoodlum pokemon. i always questioned y scrafty had pants or extra skin or whatever that he holds onto. is this a reference to how hoodlums wear baggy pants rly low? that could also explain the "aggy" from his name

Yes. That's the idea behind its entire design--it resembles a punk teenager or gangster, with the pants that are saggy. Scrafty resembles this even moreso, with its mohawk and shed skin hood and baggy pants that seem to trail behind him.

Cobalt_Latios
3rd March 2011, 3:45 AM
to get off the topic of rasputin, i just realized somethin abt scrafty and scraggy.

I think it's because it's a lizard that's in the process of shedding it's skin, while Scrafty is shedded skin being used as... "clothes" as it were.

/CL

slowpoke child
3rd March 2011, 3:46 AM
Yep, the molted skin is designed after really baggy trousers... I love it. XD

Scraggy is an actual word, meaning skinny or scrawny, but it very well could also be a combination of baggy and scrawny, or something of the like. It's one of those names that could have a huge number of roots.

lol hes pretty intense. i dnt love scraggy tho. i think its funny and i like it, but i dnt rly like the way it looks tho. i might try it out tho.

and hes got awesome nickname opps =D trouj, pants, pantaloons, hoodz, etc

its pretty insane mahon =D)

The Oncoming Storm
3rd March 2011, 10:49 AM
Ive been thinking more and more about how trubbish looks like a decapitated zombiefied makuhita head

Sabonea_Masukippa
3rd March 2011, 1:13 PM
Oh god...Cofagrigus is no. 69 in the Unova Dex ... someone's getting fired :S

Also, who knew it had 145 Base defense? Now if only it had better HP.

Xweek
3rd March 2011, 2:00 PM
Bad Kipper, bad Kipper!

Dr. Leggs
3rd March 2011, 3:00 PM
Oh god...Cofagrigus is no. 69 in the Unova Dex ... someone's getting fired :S

Also, who knew it had 145 Base defense? Now if only it had better HP.

I could've sworn it got Pain Split...

I'm a huge fan of Cofagrigus, though. Calm Mind + Rest + Leftovers should work in-game, as its defense is already massive and Calm Mind is the perfect boosting move for it.

Dracoste
3rd March 2011, 7:59 PM
Just one day left(for the EU at least^_^)

The first wild Pokémon that I want to catch is a Audino, I'm probably also going to use it, at least, until I get a Minccino, I still will be training it, could be helpfull in triple battles against my friends.

Which pokémon will be the first one you will catch In BW?

travisjb90
3rd March 2011, 8:13 PM
The first wild Pokemon I want to catch is either a Lilipup or a Patrat.

Chibi_Muffin
3rd March 2011, 8:18 PM
Probably either Purrloin or Pidove. Most likely Purrloin though. ^_^

Tomorrow!!! OH MY I'M GONNA HAVE BLACK TOMORROW!!! Here I come, Unova! Yay!!!

Lorde
3rd March 2011, 8:21 PM
Which pokémon will be the first one you will catch In BW?

Probably a Patrat or a Lillipup (or whatever that dog thing is called). I don't plan on using either of those Pokemon in the games, but I do want to start filling up my Pokedex with new Unova Pokemon as soon as possible. I probably won't be getting my game until late next week, but I already have most of my team figured out as well as some other stuff. I also plan on taking my time with the game, since I hate rushing through.

TsukiMirage
3rd March 2011, 8:29 PM
I'm gonna catch a Patrat first. In fact, it'll be my only other pokemon til I get to Pinwheel Forest. I plan to train it up to help catch the rest of my team later.

Kariachi
3rd March 2011, 9:13 PM
My first capture is probably going to be a Patrat. Use him until he evolves so he can function as a good HM slave. Should keep my poor Oshawott from dying before I get my Darumaka.

SasakiThePikachu
3rd March 2011, 9:23 PM
Ah, you go away for one day, and people are comparing Roobushin to Rasputin, lol.

The first important pokemon I'll catch will be Munna (it's going on my team :3) but the first pokemon I'll catch in B&W will honestly be whatever springs up first in my path the minute I have a pokeball.

I want to relive the excitement of the firs gen, back when I caught everything I came across. I started getting snooty in later gens.

Wild pokemon appeared.
Nah, don't like the look of you.
*runs*

Palkia98
3rd March 2011, 9:25 PM
Proboably the elemental apes, or whatever one i get.

Blazios
3rd March 2011, 9:30 PM
The first Pokémon I'll be catching for my actual team will be Roggenrola, though I'll be trying to catch as many species as I can.

Dracoste
3rd March 2011, 9:35 PM
I'm also going to catch every Pokémon I come across of course, but I just want to make a special first catch this gen, because the first wild Pokémon ever I saw(not caught, because you couldn't have any pokéballs with you at that time) was a shiny Sentret.
So I really want that the first Pokémon that I catch this gen is rare/special, to make up to that sad "incident" that happened in Silver.
It doesn't matter how long I will be staring at that grass, my first catch will be a Audino!

After that, I just catch every non-caught pokémon that comes across me.

NidokingJ
3rd March 2011, 9:36 PM
The first pokemon im going to catch is sandile, Then as soon as that happens say bye bye to overgrow serperior. HA! Lilligant want me to catch her to replace him.

Dr. Leggs
3rd March 2011, 9:42 PM
As I'm getting most of my team via eggs, the first important catch I'll be making is Yamask.

Tytus
3rd March 2011, 10:03 PM
My first capture is probably going to be a Patrat. Use him until he evolves so he can function as a good HM slave. Should keep my poor Oshawott from dying before I get my Darumaka.

HM slaves are unnecessary in this game.

My first catch is going to be whatever comes up first when I have Pokeballs.

IatosHaunted
3rd March 2011, 10:10 PM
I'm making it a point to NOT plan my whole team in advance, but one of my first important captures will probably be a Purrloin. That's one of my favorites.

isshoni
3rd March 2011, 10:10 PM
I have purposely tried to keep as much of the new games in dark as possible, so I know next to nothing about the locations, thank goodness. I've only looked into the Pokémon themselves. It seems though, that Sandile is quite early on, so maybe it's gonna be him! Or Munna, or something else. I might just wanna use everything.

One things for sure though. When I get to the daycare/can transfer from Gen IV, whichever comes last, I'm gonna bring over my japanese ditto and get that shiny Krookodile I've wanted for ages now.

I'm also going to catch every Pokémon I come across of course, but I just want to make a special first catch this gen, because the first wild Pokémon ever I saw(not caught, because you couldn't have any pokéballs with you at that time) was a shiny Sentret.

The same thing happened to me in one play-through of LeafGreen with a Pidgey. It's like the worst thing ever.

The Eleventh
3rd March 2011, 10:14 PM
I'll be catching everything I see to fill up my Dex, although the first Pokémon I'll catch for my team will be Patrat, which I will nickname "Suri", as in Suricata, the genus meerkats are part of.

Kariachi
3rd March 2011, 10:17 PM
HM slaves are unnecessary in this game.

So I've heard. I'm not taking the risk.

Dr. Leggs
3rd March 2011, 10:18 PM
What "risk"?

To complete the game, all you need is Cut.

hever
3rd March 2011, 10:21 PM
^Thanks for not placing that in a Spoiler tag.

Kariachi
3rd March 2011, 10:26 PM
What "risk"?

Then I'll need Patrat to use Cut. No shame in using him as a supplementary battler as well.

Dr. Leggs
3rd March 2011, 10:29 PM
^Thanks for not placing that in a Spoiler tag.

Practically everybody on the Gen V boards knows this by now.

smashbro77
3rd March 2011, 10:31 PM
What "risk"?

is that seriously all you need what about things like surf and strength are they just not used at all?

hever
3rd March 2011, 10:33 PM
Practically everybody on the Gen V boards knows this by now.
I beg to differ.

Dracoste
3rd March 2011, 10:39 PM
I beg to differ.

Well, I think we spoke off this pages ago. People were quite pleased with this news.

hever
3rd March 2011, 10:41 PM
Well, I think we spoke off this pages ago. People were quite pleased with this news.

People don't go few pages back and read every single post to find this out. But whatever, I'm over it.

Dracoste
3rd March 2011, 10:43 PM
People don't go few pages back and read every single post to find this out. But whatever, I'm over it.

Not a few pages, somewhere around like 200 pages. It was a long time ago actually.

Oh well, I'm just glad we don't have to have a slot occopied by a pokémon that is way underleveled. And that we don't have to use a HM slave to get to the bad team's boss(I'm looking at you Mt. Coronet)

Blueysicle
3rd March 2011, 10:44 PM
I beg to differ.

If something so small as only Cut being needed to reach the end of the game is a spoiler to you, why are you on the 5th Generation boards -where there's a hundred times bigger spoilers floating around everywhere- in the first place?

As for what Pokemon I'll be catching first, I'm not sure. I really haven't planned my team out at all (Aside from Serperior and Scrafty), so I'll just catch as I go and use what I like.

Krake
3rd March 2011, 10:51 PM
I really want to use my favorites for my team (which should be easy, since I have so many this generation), but I don't know which I should use first. I guess since I'll be getting White first, I'll start with using the version exclusives and Oshawott (which will be the starter that I'm getting first) and then work from there.

hever
3rd March 2011, 10:54 PM
If something so small as only Cut being needed to reach the end of the game is a spoiler to you, why are you on the 5th Generation boards -where there's a hundred times bigger spoilers floating around everywhere- in the first place?

As for what Pokemon I'll be catching first, I'm not sure. I really haven't planned my team out at all (Aside from Serperior and Scrafty), so I'll just catch as I go and use what I like.

That's pretty big news to some people. Have a heart.

kogawolfman
3rd March 2011, 11:00 PM

But the point stands: If you're trying to avoid spoilers, why would you be on the 5th Generation boards in the first place?

Krake
3rd March 2011, 11:03 PM

They do have a point. Why is that a big deal for it to be spoiled when this thread, for example, is about the new Pokemon?

So spoiling the new Pokemon doesn't bother you, yet knowing that you don't need an HM slave does?

Silent Conversation
3rd March 2011, 11:06 PM
I didn't know about that before I read it here, and I'm actually quite pleasantly surprised I found out before the game's release. However, I would understand why some people would be upset by that not being in spoiler tags, because it's a pretty big change and some people may not want that ruined.

hever
3rd March 2011, 11:09 PM
But the point stands: If you're trying to avoid spoilers, why would you be on the 5th Generation boards in the first place?

They do have a point. Why is that a big deal for it to be spoiled when this thread, for example, is about the new Pokemon?

So spoiling the new Pokemon doesn't bother you, yet knowing that you don't need an HM slave does?

Omg. Did I ever say it was me who was bothered?!?!

Krake
3rd March 2011, 11:15 PM
Omg. Did I ever say it was me who was bothered?!?!

You sorta implied it with your posts.

Besides, since we are talking about it in the New Pokemon Discussion, where no one who doesn't want the games spoiled would go, why should it matter? The fact that all the Pokemon are being discussed here means that no one who cares about that would be here.

Silent Conversation
3rd March 2011, 11:17 PM
The fact that all the Pokemon are being discussed here means that no one who cares about that would be here.

I don't completely agree with that. There could be some people who just want to know about the Pokemon and nothing more (that's not me, I'm just putting myself in somebody else's shoes)

hever
3rd March 2011, 11:21 PM
You sorta implied it with your posts.

Besides, since we are talking about it in the New Pokemon Discussion, where no one who doesn't want the games spoiled would go, why should it matter? The fact that all the Pokemon are being discussed here means that no one who cares about that would be here.
Well, the implications were just coincidences, I guess. But I'm not bothered by the posts. Just want people to use the spoiler tag, just in case; it's there for a purpose. But as I said, it's whatever now.

Krake
3rd March 2011, 11:34 PM
I don't completely agree with that. There could be some people who just want to know about the Pokemon and nothing more (that's not me, I'm just putting myself in somebody else's shoes)

I suppose that makes sense, in that case.

Blackjack the Titan
3rd March 2011, 11:38 PM
Stupid question
Which is cuter Tepig or Oshawott (from anime)?

BW202
3rd March 2011, 11:40 PM
Oshawott HANDS DOWN. And that's saying something cause Tepig is pretty damn cute.

Alli
3rd March 2011, 11:41 PM
I am now in Chargestone cave and have so far managed to capture every Pokémon available so far! Can't wait to finish my Black version so that I can start breeding my teams for White!

Pyrax
3rd March 2011, 11:41 PM
is that seriously all you need what about things like surf and strength are they just not used at all?

Surf and Strength are used in certain places.
Strength is used in Twist Mountain, as far as I know.

I am now in Chargestone cave and have so far managed to capture every Pokémon available so far! Can't wait to finish my Black version so that I can start breeding my teams for White!

Wrong thread mate (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=467060)

Lorde
3rd March 2011, 11:44 PM
Stupid question

It's all a matter of personal preference to be honest. I like Oshawott in the Japanese anime, but not the English anime. I dislike Tepig in the Japanese anime, but like it in the English anime. It's sort of weird, but I judge the anime Pokemon by their voices most of the time, and not by how they look. Snivy is pretty cool too, but I wouldn't call it "cute", per se. I'm choosing it as my Starter Pokemon in Black version, but that's just because I want a Serperior on my team.

hever
3rd March 2011, 11:47 PM
Uhh Oshawott, of course. C;

Dracoste
3rd March 2011, 11:50 PM
Stupid question

Snivy! ...Oh, I have to choose between those two. Er... Oshawott, it just looks so cute with that potato nose, that lil clamp on it's belly and those freckle like whiskers. There is of course nothing with the cuteness of Tepig, I like Oshawott just a tad more.

Drzjevito
4th March 2011, 12:15 AM
just got my game and finished beating the first gym with my servine...waiting for my brother and my brother in law to catch up...cant wait to continue the game

Blackjack the Titan
4th March 2011, 12:26 AM
In the anime, Oshawott was kinda annoying. But even without the whole sob story of Tepig in episode 4, I thought that there was some cuteness in it. Personally, I think all tough Pokémon are cute. Serperior is just a dragon transvestive. Samurott is, ehh… pretty cool. Emboar! I hope I get a female one so I can make more Tepigs!

Dr. Leggs
4th March 2011, 12:51 AM
Serperior is just a dragon transvestive.

I think you mean transvestite, and no, it's not.

KickAsh
4th March 2011, 1:01 AM
In the anime, Oshawott was kinda annoying.
I want in to evolve already so it can be a BA Dewott and not be so annoying. Because I agree, Oshawott is kind of annoying. But it is the damn cutest Pokemon ever, so it can easily be forgiven.

Mario with Lasers
4th March 2011, 1:14 AM
Serperior is just a dragon transvestive.

are you shitting me

Grei
4th March 2011, 1:37 AM
What is a dragon transvestite?

Blackjack the Titan
4th March 2011, 1:49 AM
What is a dragon transvestite?

Transestites are males that act like females or like males.

BCVM22
4th March 2011, 1:53 AM
And again, this has what to do with Serperior?

Honestly, first the malarkey about "zomg the new iPad 2 is black and white! Nintendo games on Apple hardware" and now this? Are you on some sort of quest to see how many mind-blowingly irrelevant conversations you can bring up in a certain span? Because you're off to a mighty fine start.

Dr. Leggs
4th March 2011, 1:57 AM
And again, this has what to do with Kyurem?

*Serperior

Regardless, what he said.

Palkia98
4th March 2011, 2:02 AM
I used to hate Emboar, then i grew on me and is now my starter/powerhouse

hever
4th March 2011, 2:08 AM
I used to hate a lot of Pokemon from this Gen., now I ruff 'em, including Audino. I didn't know her earlobes were stethoscopes. :O

Grei
4th March 2011, 2:36 AM
Transestites are males that act like females or like males.

I'm well aware of what a normal transvestite is. (Also, a female can be a transvestite, just sayin'.)

What confuses me is how a dragon can be a transvestite.

Dr. Leggs
4th March 2011, 2:54 AM
Or how Serperior is either of those things.

hever
4th March 2011, 3:01 AM
Pokemon can be transvestites now? Can they be homosexuals as well?

Silent Conversation
4th March 2011, 3:02 AM
Pokemon can be transvestites now? Can they be homosexuals as well?

Well, I guess the fifth generation is opening up possibilities we never thought could be opened :D

hever
4th March 2011, 3:03 AM
Well, I guess the fifth generation is opening up possibilities we never thought could be opened
We need to pass a bill for these games now...

Crimson_Blazer
4th March 2011, 3:08 AM
I used to hate Emboar, then i grew on me and is now my starter/powerhouse

Fire starters are my favorite. Every new game I pick the fire starter first. I've been that way since red when I picked charmander for the first time. So tepig is definately my favorite

Blackjack the Titan
4th March 2011, 3:21 AM
Well, I guess the fifth generation is opening up possibilities we never thought could be opened :D

Lol u can now put two pokémon of the same gender and egg group and u will find an egg.
(Only works on male Serperiors, Gardevoirs, Gothitelles, and Jynxs. And female Machamps, Throhs, Sawks, and Conkeldurrs.)

hever
4th March 2011, 3:23 AM
^You being serious?

Silent Conversation
4th March 2011, 3:27 AM
Lol u can now put two pokémon of the same gender and egg group and u will find an egg.
(Only works on male Serperiors, Gardevoirs, Gothitelles, and Jynxs. And female Machamps, Throhs, Sawks, and Conkeldurrs.)

If this is true, then I am absolutely speechless.

Dr. Leggs
4th March 2011, 3:30 AM
It isn't.

He's trying to be hilarious.

locomo
4th March 2011, 3:31 AM

Arnt the pokemon in bold, male ONLY. fail.

R_N
4th March 2011, 3:33 AM
Arnt the pokemon in bold, male ONLY. fail.

The Machop line is 75% Male, 25% female.

jwla
4th March 2011, 3:41 AM
Jynx is 100% female, though. That's a problem. hahaha

Blackjack the Titan
4th March 2011, 3:56 AM

Well still, there are 25% of them. Let's get off this topic now.

Back to real Pokémon discussion. It seems like Driftblim is just a balloon pokémon that knows Ghost moves. Then would Jellicent be just a jellyfish knowing Ghost moves as well. Some Ghost Pokemon are not legit Ghosts but they just happen to be able to perform a lot of Ghost type attacks. So are they really Ghosts?

R_N
4th March 2011, 4:07 AM
Well still, there are 25% of them. Let's get off this topic now.

Back to real Pokémon discussion. It seems like Driftblim is just a balloon pokémon that knows Ghost moves. Then would Jellicent be just a jellyfish knowing Ghost moves as well. Some Ghost Pokemon are not legit Ghosts but they just happen to be able to perform a lot of Ghost type attacks. So are they really Ghosts?

Most of the ghosts aren't really "ghosts" they just have ghostly qualities to them that has them labeled ghosts.

Dr. Leggs
4th March 2011, 4:17 AM
Drifloon is made of spirits of people and Pokemon so it's safe to assume that it and Drifblim are both ghosts.

I always saw Ghost-types as the same idea as youkai; spirits whose physical appearances and capabilities are based off of real-life phenomena. Like, the Gastly line is obviously gas spirits, Shedinja is a shell spirit, Drifloon/Drifblim are balloon spirits, and so on.

locomo
4th March 2011, 4:18 AM

i didnt make machamp bold. Only throh and sawk.

Dr. Leggs
4th March 2011, 4:18 AM
Regardless, he wasn't being serious.

PoryGone222
4th March 2011, 4:27 AM
So I have a question about Zoroark's ability. Will the illusion fool the AI in game or is it just for show?

Dr. Leggs
4th March 2011, 4:31 AM
It seems to have a decent success rate against the in-game AI, with the exception of the Battle Subway.

Lishus13
4th March 2011, 4:42 AM
10 bucks Jynx is just a transsexual Sawk.

I mean, the signs are all there....
....look deeper.

noodlestrudels
4th March 2011, 4:57 AM
Srafty is boss gangsta awesomeness. 'Nuff said.

Missingno. Master
4th March 2011, 1:45 PM
Last night I came to the surprising realization that Whirlipede is my new favorite Pokemon. Weezing is now a close second. I dunno why, I just like Whirlipede, you know? It's not that rattling a change for me, though. My favorite is still a Poison-type, and the Poison-type remains my favorite type.

Dr. Leggs
4th March 2011, 1:50 PM
Whirlipede's pretty cool. I'm digging how it's the Curlipede Pokemon XD

Gwyn400
4th March 2011, 2:12 PM
I just got Pokemon Black :D been deliberately avoiding most info about the new games so it's more exciting when I play them

Chimchar15
4th March 2011, 2:38 PM
I just got Pokemon Black :D been deliberately avoiding most info about the new games so it's more exciting when I play them

Congrats I hope you enjoy. Missingo yes the Poison type is pretty cool, and I was angered at how little attention it was given this generation.

NorthernLord
4th March 2011, 3:24 PM
Hey I just started my brand new Black version which I got today.
And I noticed that it was autumn in my game when I started to play. But I would have expected it to would be winter or spring in my game, as it's winter up here in Norway right now. I know that my date and time settings were a little bit off sync. They were set to 17th of march 2011, although it's the third.
But I guess the game is programmed to start at autumn always? It's not like it's any big deal or anything, but I'd prefer my game to be set to winter or spring, as that is the current season up here.

Wadeledge
4th March 2011, 3:28 PM
Hey I just started my brand new Black version which I got today.
And I noticed that it was autumn in my game when I started to play. But I would have expected it to would be winter or spring in my game, as it's winter up here in Norway right now. I know that my date and time settings were a little bit off sync. They were set to 17th of march 2011, although it's the third.
But I guess the game is programmed to start at autumn always? It's not like it's any big deal or anything, but I'd prefer my game to be set to winter or spring, as that is the current season up here.

The game is programed where at the start of each month it's a new season, that way you don't have to wait an entire year to play it in the winter or anything!

Spring-Jan, May, Sep
Summer-Feb, June, Oct
Fall-Mar, July, Nov
Winter-Apr, Aug, Dec

http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/seasons.shtml

NorthernLord
4th March 2011, 3:30 PM
The game is programed where at the start of each month it's a new season, that way you don't have to wait an entire year to play it in the winter or anything!

Spring-Jan, May, Sep
Summer-Feb, June, Oct
Fall-Mar, July, Nov
Winter-Apr, Aug, Dec

http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/seasons.shtml

Oh yeah that's good! Thanks.

BW202
4th March 2011, 4:54 PM
Whirlipede's pretty cool. I'm digging how it's the Curlipede Pokemon XD

That's awesome XD. It's there just a list of the new classifications on the Serebii Pokedex?

Dr. Leggs
4th March 2011, 5:01 PM
Naw, you'll just have to look at each Pokemon individually. :r

SasakiThePikachu
4th March 2011, 5:16 PM
I LOVE BLAAAAACK!!

Note for new players - watch the tv in your house when you get downstairs. There's an amusing little skit for anyone who can understand japanese :D

This game is amazing. I love my Snivy!!! *hugs her* It's a real shame she's bold nature because I wanted her to learn Dragon Tail, but aw well...

The Eleventh
4th March 2011, 5:22 PM
I got White today, and can't wait to start playing. I'm currently anxiously waiting for my brother to return home, as I don't want to begin without him. I've read the manual several times now. :p

Dracoste
4th March 2011, 5:27 PM
I'm playing Black now, I've choosed Oshawott, a friend of mine choosed Snivey, both our Pokémon got the Serious natureXD

According to the TV, your sign is a Scolipede if you are born in November.

I want to catch a Audino now...how does shaking grass actually occurs? Can you just stare at the grass until it shakes? Or do you have to walk in the grass?

Tyrannotaur
4th March 2011, 6:12 PM
I'm playing Black now, I've choosed Oshawott, a friend of mine choosed Snivey, both our Pokémon got the Serious natureXD

According to the TV, your sign is a Scolipede if you are born in November.

I want to catch a Audino now...how does shaking grass actually occurs? Can you just stare at the grass until it shakes? Or do you have to walk in the grass?

From what I've seen in videos it just kinda happens as you walk around. I don't know if it is like the Pokeradar where if you see another wild pokemon it cancels the grass out or w/e. I'm still waiting till Sunday to play.
-;248;

Wadeledge
4th March 2011, 6:26 PM
From what I've seen in videos it just kinda happens as you walk around. I don't know if it is like the Pokeradar where if you see another wild pokemon it cancels the grass out or w/e. I'm still waiting till Sunday to play.
-;248;

Based on what others have said it does disappear if you run into another Pokemon on your way to it, so repel away!

Dr. Leggs
4th March 2011, 6:27 PM
Yes, another wild encounter will stop the rare spot, so be careful.

I don't know though if walking is necessary; I'd presume it is, but I'm not sure. Walking laps around patches of grass should work.

Silent Conversation
4th March 2011, 8:52 PM
For the next two days I may not be able to come to this section. I'm getting way too jealous of all these European users who now have the game.