PDA

View Full Version : Official Pokemon Discussion Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55

hever
4th March 2011, 8:55 PM
^It's just two days. I'm sure it will go by fast.

SasakiThePikachu
4th March 2011, 9:03 PM
Got my first gym badge, and caught an Audino :P

Was also confused about how the shaking grass occurrs...but then was walking around in the Dream Lot and a patch just started to shake! So I ran right for it and...ta-da! Audino :3 not hard to catch at all, thank goodness (unlike bloody Purrloin, which broke out of 3 pokeballs *growls*). Also got the liberty pass. It's been a good day!!!!!

What happened on my TV was some strange show talking to a pokemon trainer who was describing her pokemon using lots of japanese words! 'Kawaii' etc. Really made me laugh - it's like a nod to all the fanboys and girls out there! And I felt like a rather pathetic human being that I understood every word of it :D

Lorde
4th March 2011, 9:04 PM
According to the TV, your sign is a Scolipede if you are born in November.

I'm guessing that Scolipede is the Pokemon equivalent of Scorpio. And wow, Pokemon Astrology? I never thought that would be referenced to in the games. Anyway, has anyone tried finding any other Pokemon astrological signs by watching the television? It might be cool if we had an official list of those. I've always been interested in that sort of stuff, so it would be interesting to learn about other astrological signs in the Pokemon world.

MagnetonNr1
4th March 2011, 9:09 PM
According to the TV, your sign is a Scolipede if you are born in November

I'm a Scolipede, then :p

SasakiThePikachu
4th March 2011, 9:10 PM
Alomomola is March :D I wanna know what pokemon mine is!!! (sept)

It's like that ep of the anime where Misty finds out she's a Gyrados :D

MetalFlygon08
4th March 2011, 9:13 PM
Shaking Grass/Water/Dirt also dissaperes if you pick up an item.

MagnetonNr1
4th March 2011, 9:13 PM
Alomomola is March :D I wanna know what pokemon mine is!!! (sept)

It's like that ep of the anime where Misty finds out she's a Gyrados :D

I want to find out all the sings :p they even made watching TV interesting in this Gen :D

Missingno. Master
4th March 2011, 9:22 PM
^It's just two days. I'm sure it will go by fast.

Just two days?

JUST two days?!

It may be "just" two days, but do you have any idea of how long that is in Pokemon fanatic years?! Tomorrow's gonna crawl by slower than a Ninjask in Trick Room conditions, to say nothing of Sunday morning.

Silent Conversation
4th March 2011, 9:22 PM
If anybody finds out December, can they post it here? I like this astrology idea and am quite interested.

MetalFlygon08
4th March 2011, 9:24 PM
Or July? I'm betting Vanilluxe is a Summer Month..

MagnetonNr1
4th March 2011, 9:36 PM
TV just made an ad for an Escape Rope for just 2.999.999 - now that's great, isn't it?

Sawsbuck is January btw.
Buffalon is May.
Braviary is August.
Crustle is either July or Juny, sorry.

Wadeledge
4th March 2011, 9:39 PM
October is Libra so I'm trying to figure out which of the new Pokemon corelates with that...

GaZsTiC
4th March 2011, 9:41 PM
Which Pokemon is April? I really wanna know!

Shneak
4th March 2011, 9:47 PM
Just two days?

JUST two days?!

It may be "just" two days, but do you have any idea of how long that is in Pokemon fanatic years?! Tomorrow's gonna crawl by slower than a Ninjask in Trick Room conditions, to say nothing of Sunday morning.

This. Longest week, and tomorrow is the longest day.

MagnetonNr1
4th March 2011, 9:50 PM
Juny is Klink
April is Whimsicott
September is Gothorita

The Oncoming Storm
4th March 2011, 9:53 PM
damn im a whimsicott that suks.

Roxas013
4th March 2011, 9:54 PM
i want 2 kno wat May is. im assuming a tauros

Shneak
4th March 2011, 9:54 PM
August anyone?

MagnetonNr1
4th March 2011, 9:55 PM
May is Buffalon
August is Braviary
February is Simipour
December is Fraxure

Wadeledge
4th March 2011, 9:56 PM
i want 2 kno wat May is. im assuming a tauros

It'll probably be Bouffalant because they seem to be using ONLY Unova Pokemon.

Edit:
Ninja'd! But that at least means I guessed right!

C'mon October!

Aurath8
4th March 2011, 10:00 PM
December people! December is where its at!

Shneak
4th March 2011, 10:01 PM
Braviary? Meh.

bleeding-chocobo
February is Simipour

So, my pokemon sign is a Simipour? Neat. ^^

Ememew
February, July, October, and December are the only ones left, right?

EDIT: Never mind about Feb. Or December.

R_N
May is Buffalon
August is Braviary
February is Simipour
December is Fraxure

Awesome, I'm a Braviary

I wonder why they didn't even try to match up the signs with the Pokemon most of the time. Braviary =/= a lion.
December probably should have been Whimsicott

MagnetonNr1
4th March 2011, 10:02 PM
February, July, October, and December are the only ones left, right?

EDIT: Never mind about Feb.

July is Crustle!

Good grief, telly doesn't say anything about the signs anymore.

... and my right thumb is blistering.

Dr. Leggs
4th March 2011, 10:03 PM
Ooh, looks like I'm a Bouffalant. I really dig this astrology deal... Teeny things like that just make the game even cooler.

Roxas013
4th March 2011, 10:07 PM
luks lik im bouffalant

PoryGone222
4th March 2011, 10:11 PM
September?

lindsy95
4th March 2011, 10:12 PM
Juny is Klink
April is Whimsicott
September is Gothorita

September is Gothorita?

I'm a Gothorita... : ( I don't hate them, but...

I really can't wait for Sunday now!

Umbreon's Girl
4th March 2011, 10:16 PM
May is Buffalon

That's me! But I think I like Tauros a little bit better.

Ememew
4th March 2011, 10:18 PM
So it's just October left now?

Here's the list so far for quick reference:

Jan - Sawsbuck
Feb - Semipour
Mar - Alomomola
Apr - Whimsicott
May - Bouffalant
Jun - Klink
July - Crustle
Aug - Braviary
Sept - Gothorita
Oct - ???
Nov - Scolipede
Dec - Fraxure

Lucario0708
4th March 2011, 10:22 PM
i'm a funky bouffalant then

anyone else other than me wondering what the heck is reuniclus?

i think it's what happened when an abra got eaten by a ditto

Beeblebrox
4th March 2011, 10:22 PM
September is Gothorita

:(:(:(

Damn, I really wish I hadn't traded in my DSi. The three weeks wait will be torture.

Mario with Lasers
4th March 2011, 10:27 PM
Alomomola is March :D

April is Whimsicott

Can I travel back in time and be born nine days later, please.

BCVM22
4th March 2011, 10:28 PM
anyone else other than me wondering what the heck is reuniclus?

It's a cellular organism. It starts as a single cell, then doubles and finally becomes the full life form.

Silent Conversation
4th March 2011, 10:32 PM
So my Poke-zodiac sign is a Fraxure? Okay, that's kind of random, but I'll go with it.

Korobooshi Kojiro
4th March 2011, 10:38 PM
I bet that Ferrothorn is the Libra equivalent, since he's got a similar shape.

Anyway, it's nice to see the cute little flavor text that we miss in the Japanese version since everyone focuses on the main text. Can't wait to see what else we find out...

Rikudo Sennin
4th March 2011, 10:43 PM
I would also say Ferrothorn for libra, it makes sense.
I guess I'll find out tomorrow when I get my copy xD

Lucario0708
4th March 2011, 10:50 PM
It's a cellular organism. It starts as a single cell, then doubles and finally becomes the full life form.

ya i see that, but what's the thing floating inside the jell-o supposed to be?

ForeverFlame
4th March 2011, 10:51 PM

The nucleus. It's basic biology...

SmartD
4th March 2011, 10:55 PM
I saw the list of english names for the 5th gen Pokemon and they're really good. I find it funny Pignite is Tepig's evolution name. It used to be a nickname for Tepig before its english name was revealed. Scraggy and Trubbish are nice names. Roggenrola is kind of long name.

PokemonOwn
4th March 2011, 10:55 PM

Castform

What does anybody think of Audino? Do you think you might use it in-game, just for a laugh? Or is it even good in Competitive battles? Discuss.

Dracoste
4th March 2011, 11:03 PM
Castform

What does anybody think of Audino? Do you think you might use it in-game, just for a laugh? Or is it even good in Competitive battles? Discuss.

I've just owned Lenora's Watchog with one. I started with an Attract(I've got a male Audino) then I've used Work Up, then kept attacking with secret attack. I've only got 20 HP left when I've hit it with a secret attack that paralized that Watchog:D So one other hit...And I defeated it!

I really like Audino^_^

RitterCat
4th March 2011, 11:05 PM
YES I'm a Crustle =D It's good they made July crab related, to link with Cancer

Rykel22
4th March 2011, 11:12 PM
So by Pokestrology I'm a Fraxure. kinda cool but weird considering dragon type don't like ice

The Eleventh
4th March 2011, 11:14 PM
I'm a Sawsbuck, so. I suppose it vaguely resembles Capricorn.

Xman96
4th March 2011, 11:20 PM
I am the almighty Klink! It's ok I guess...I just wish that I had a desire to use one.

Missingno. Master
4th March 2011, 11:23 PM
What is all this about? Pokemon astrology? Where are all of you getting this?

Dracoste
4th March 2011, 11:30 PM
What is all this about? Pokemon astrology? Where are all of you getting this?

Well, when you watch the TV in BW, they sometimes talk about it.

Ememew
4th March 2011, 11:32 PM
Can't wait for the games to be out here so I can see it myself . . .

So far, October is the only month I haven't seen posted on here yet.

iLoveDratinis
4th March 2011, 11:34 PM
Im going to use an audino.. then teach it flamethrower, thunderbolt, and surf. probably.

Valoo.
5th March 2011, 12:43 AM
For 'pokestrology' what Pokemon is September?

SasakiThePikachu
5th March 2011, 12:52 AM
Yaaay!

I can't believe my pokestrology sign corresponds to the prevo of one of my fave new pokemon. I'm so lucky. The only other way I could've been this happy was if it was Munna's line or Vullaby's live!! :D

Sapphire, you're with me - sept = gothorita

Lorde
5th March 2011, 12:58 AM
Sawsbuck is January btw.
Buffalon is May.
Braviary is August.
Crustle is either July or Juny, sorry.

Sawsbuck for January eh? Well, at least it sort of fits. Buffalon for May was sort of obvious now that I think about it. Braviary for August is sort of odd, since the sign for people born in August is generally Leo, if I remember correctly. Crustle for July would make the most sense, since Crustle looks a lot like a crab (Cancer). I read that Simipour is the sign for February. That's kind of cute :3

xxDUNE
5th March 2011, 12:59 AM
December.. Fraxure.. cool. At least it's a dragon type aaand evolves into Haxorus. Makes it that much better.

jwla
5th March 2011, 1:14 AM
December.. Fraxure.. cool.

I'm December too. Fraxure is actually my favorite of that line, so not bad! ;)

Tyrannotaur
5th March 2011, 1:27 AM
Any one know what April is? I'm curious. I'm a Taurus normally, but I know that stretches more into may so it makes sense for May to get Boufallant. I also assume the game gets this info from the birthday you set on your DS.

-;248;

Missingno. Master
5th March 2011, 1:28 AM
Ohhh. So I'm a Braviary. Cool.

Silent Conversation
5th March 2011, 1:42 AM
How did they come up with these Pokemon choices anyways? Some reason or was it just random? Because Sagittarius is Fraxure, and I see no resemblance between it and an archer.

Mario with Lasers
5th March 2011, 1:53 AM
Maybe it has something to do with the Japanese (Chinese?) Zodiac.

IatosHaunted
5th March 2011, 1:58 AM
I guess I'm a Swasbuck, then. Meh. =/

Korobooshi Kojiro
5th March 2011, 2:06 AM

If that was the case, then they'd be REALLY off.

Dr. Leggs
5th March 2011, 2:06 AM

All the other choices are pertinent to the Western Zodiac (Crustle = Cancer, Whimsicott = Aries, Klink = Gemini) so it's probably just the best they could think up.

R_N
5th March 2011, 2:20 AM

Chinese zodiac is based on year, this is pretty clearly based on Month so it's the astrological signs, although rather than each one having half of two months, just used the latter part and gave them that whole month. Also that there's even less in common with the Chinese zodiac animals.
A lot of signs do match.

February is Aquarius, the water carrier. Simipour's head holds water, and is kind of feminine so that might be in play.
March is Picies, the fish, so it got Alomomola. Probably chosen over Basculine since Alomomola is so symmetric in design.
April is Aires, the ram/sheep, so it got the pokemon based on the vegetable lamb Whimsicott (though I think Capricorn would have worked just as well)
May is Tauros, the bull, so it got the closest thing in Boufalant.
June is Gemini, the twins, so it gets Klink the pokemon made of twin gears.
July is Cancer, the crab, so it gets the big hermit crab Crustle
September is Virgo, the virgin, so it got the middle staged, young, presumably "innocent" Gothirita

the other aren't quite as cut and dry, but I guess that:
Braviary is Leo's representative because Leos are considered "brave" and I think it's a masculine sign.
Scolipede probably had some scorpion in its design somewhere, so I guess it was the closest fit to Scorpio.
Sawsbuck for Capricorn...I guess it's kind of like a goat? Maybe there's something about its personality I'm not aware of?

Fraxure for Sagittarius....I have no idea at all. Like at all, I would have thought maybe Zebstrika because of horses but I'm at a loss for Fraxure.

DaTreeko =3
5th March 2011, 2:22 AM
I can't wait to see what Pokemon is for October! As said earlier, it could be Ferrothorn. I do like the Pokemon, but I really can't see myself as one.

Korobooshi Kojiro
5th March 2011, 2:24 AM
March is Picies, the fish, so it got Alomomola. Probably chosen over Basculine since Alomomola is so symmetric in design.
Yeah, but Basculin is actually TWO FISH.

It would've been perfect for Pisces. PERFECT!

R_N
5th March 2011, 2:27 AM
Yeah, but Basculin is actually TWO FISH.

It would've been perfect for Pisces. PERFECT!

Okay well then I guess it's because of

Pisceans possess a gentle, patient, malleable nature.

I could see Libra being a number things. Ferrothorn because of similar shape, Conkeldurr due to the concrete blocks it carries around, Vanilluxe because of trying to balance itself, Chandelure...

XXD17
5th March 2011, 2:34 AM
Chinese zodiac is based on year, this is pretty clearly based on Month so it's the astrological signs, although rather than each one having half of two months, just used the latter part and gave them that whole month. Also that there's even less in common with the Chinese zodiac animals.
A lot of signs do match.

February is Aquarius, the water carrier. Simipour's head holds water, and is kind of feminine so that might be in play.
April is Aires, the ram/sheep, so it got the pokemon based on the vegetable lamb Whimsicott (though I think Capricorn would have worked just as well)
September is Virgo, the virgin, so it got the middle staged, young, presumably "innocent" Gothirita

Braviary is Leo's representative because Leos are considered "brave" and I think it's a masculine sign.
Scolipede probably had some scorpion in its design somewhere, so I guess it was the closest fit to Scorpio.
Sawsbuck for Capricorn...I guess it's kind of like a goat? Maybe there's something about its personality I'm not aware of?

Fraxure for Sagittarius....I have no idea at all. Like at all, I would have thought maybe Zebstrika because of horses but I'm at a loss for Fraxure.

Actually, Cobalion is based off of a goat hence the wavy horns and the beard so I think it will fit capricorn better than sawsbuck...as for leo, we do have liepard which is at least a large feline...for sagittarius, it doesn't have to be a centaur because it is simply called the archer, therefore any pokemon that that is slightly humanoid and has affiliation with sharp objects or projectiles would fit so I'm thinking bisharp...and you are missing libra the scale which could be both reshiram and zekrom because they represent balance when they are together...but this is just me ranting, I'm a whimsicott

Roll
5th March 2011, 2:40 AM
Aha, I'm a Virgo but I'm apparently a Braviary for my Pokestrology sign!

I'm pegging on Sigilyph for October/Libra.

Grei
5th March 2011, 2:50 AM
I'm gonna guess Conkeldurr.

Figures that the one month nobody knows about yet is the one that my birthday falls under. -_-

Zhanton
5th March 2011, 2:51 AM
Not really surprising that I'm a Bouffalant (or however you spell its name).

Wadeledge
5th March 2011, 3:02 AM

Figures that the one month nobody knows about yet is the one that my birthday falls under. -_-

Tell. Me. About. It.

R_N
5th March 2011, 3:09 AM
guys guys guys

watch this (http://ds.ign.com/articles/115/1153627p1.html)

Chairman
5th March 2011, 3:22 AM
guys guys guys

Listened to it before....

but you actually like it?

R_N
5th March 2011, 3:27 AM
Listened to it before....

but you actually like it?

It's catchy,yes.

Not quite as good as PokeRap GS, but a billion times better than the god-awful Hoenn rap

Shneak
5th March 2011, 3:32 AM
guys guys guys

It's cool that they took the time to do this.

Carina
5th March 2011, 3:52 AM
A lot of signs do match.

Animals in the Chinese zodiac aren't only based on year. In fact, the animals also have designated months, days and hours.
For example, the Tiger's month is March, but I don't see how that relates to Alomomola. Seems like this pokestrology is simply based on Western zodiac.

I'm an October baby too so am curious what Pokemon represents the scales! Maybe something from the Chandelure line?

Rentaline99
5th March 2011, 4:48 AM
guys guys guys

It's nice and catchy as well as gives pronunciations. Sounds good to me.

Dr. Leggs
5th March 2011, 5:15 AM
Ahh, that was fun to listen to. Pronunciations are cool too, coh-fa-GREE-gus makes sense.

BCVM22
5th March 2011, 5:17 AM
That is catchy in the guiltiest possible way.

Dr. Leggs
5th March 2011, 5:18 AM
Only qualm is 'Haxorus is green and bright'.

Huh?

BCVM22
5th March 2011, 5:20 AM
150+ new Pokémon. Not every lyric is going to be a home run.

Cobalt_Latios
5th March 2011, 5:34 AM
It's catchy,yes.

Not quite as good as PokeRap GS, but a billion times better than the god-awful Hoenn rap
Although, considering they never did a Sinnoh Pokerap... that should say something.

I still liked it though. Considering I managed to get most of the pronunciations right even before this pretty damn impressive. There's a few that I'm glad I heard the pronunciations for, because now it makes a lot more sense.

/CL

ForeverFlame
5th March 2011, 6:03 AM
I think it sounds terrible. I'm impressed about the pronunciations though. I got most of them right this time (no Sceptiles or Illumises, anyway).

Rentaline99
5th March 2011, 6:06 AM
Only qualm is 'Haxorus is green and bright'.

Huh?

It's referring to the highlighter green color.
...Yeah, it took a while.

Shine
5th March 2011, 6:08 AM
What I find odd is that in the PokeRap, both Haxorus and Snivy are "green and bright".

A mistake probably?

Or it's just us hearing it wrong?

Cobalt_Latios
5th March 2011, 6:14 AM
What I find odd is that in the PokeRap, both Haxorus and Snivy are "green and bright".

A mistake probably?

Or it's just us hearing it wrong?
I hope so... Haxorus is more of a "dirty yellow" than green. I actually had to check it, just to be sure.

/CL

The Oncoming Storm
5th March 2011, 6:25 AM
This song was posted on the bw anticipation thread earlier. I downloadd Diana and now its my ringtone.

I round mushrannas pronuciation and patrats weird but the rest where spot on with mine.

XXD17
5th March 2011, 8:58 AM
So do we know which pokemon represents libra yet?

SasakiThePikachu
5th March 2011, 10:36 AM
So do we know which pokemon represents libra yet?

What's wierd about this pokestrology thing is that it literally is one pokemon for each month, but the real zodiac (and even the chinese one) aren't that specific - there's usually overlapping with 2 signs for each month. For example I'm a virgo born sept 15th, but my friend was born only 12 days after me and she's a Libra.

Makes working this out in terms of which pokemon represents which sign kinda confusing...except for Taurus/Boufallant, of course ;)

The Oncoming Storm
5th March 2011, 10:43 AM
I was born at the end of april so im going to consider myself a bouffolant.

XXD17
5th March 2011, 11:39 AM
What's wierd about this pokestrology thing is that it literally is one pokemon for each month, but the real zodiac (and even the chinese one) aren't that specific - there's usually overlapping with 2 signs for each month. For example I'm a virgo born sept 15th, but my friend was born only 12 days after me and she's a Libra.

Makes working this out in terms of which pokemon represents which sign kinda confusing...except for Taurus/Boufallant, of course ;)

Yeah I know what you mean...real astrology signs occur by third months...for example if you were born in the last third of March and the first two thirds of April, you would be an Aries. If you were born the last third of april or the first two thirds of may, you would be a Taurus and so on...correlating one pokemon to a month is a lot more simple...The parallels given so far make sense as snowyarticuno described...fraxure represent saggitarius mainly because they both have association with long sharp objects, fraxure's sword-like tusks and sagittarius's arrows...the only one we are missing is libra...

Valoo.
5th March 2011, 11:58 AM
0.o Oh my...I'm a Gothorita

Did anyone else get female starters on their first try? I got 2 girl Oshawotts before getting a male

The Eleventh
5th March 2011, 12:08 PM
I have a female Oshawott for my starter.

And oh my God! That song is so catchy, and I really don't want to admit it. It's so cheesy, but it's been so long since we've had something like that. This is our closest to a Unova Pokérap.

Dracoste
5th March 2011, 12:22 PM
That button in the bag is just amazing, past gens we had to organize the bag ourself. But that little green button organize everything for you!

It looks like that the TV shows every months a lot...except for October...
The "cartoons" about your adventure are quite helpfull too.

SasakiThePikachu
5th March 2011, 12:54 PM
0.o Oh my...I'm a Gothorita

Did anyone else get female starters on their first try? I got 2 girl Oshawotts before getting a male

Damn you! Bragging is not big or clever! :P

I had to restart to get my girl. What do you want to bet that when I start with Tepig and Osha, who I want as boys, I'll get friggin girls?

I'm loving the electronic bulletin board between routes/cities. Very Tokyo-ish :D

Ophie
5th March 2011, 1:02 PM
Don't you think Mienshao should have a signature attack?It doesn't really have an attack that involves whipping>.>They should make an unique attack for it...and it should also learn Power Whip>.>

Oh,and it should also learn some kind of dance attack like Dragon Dance...I dunno...it has such an incomplete movepool and it's such an awesome pkmn

I think Mienshao is fine the way it is. Overloading it with strong moves will make it, well, too strong.

The Japanese have taken quite a liking to it. Their favorite tactic, from what I've watched on YouTube, is to use Fake Out, then U-Turn to a wall or bulky Pokémon. Together, this takes out a large chunk of the opponent's HP while Mienshao's Regenerator heals back what little damage has been done to it.

Power Whip would've been awesome!

On a totally different subject, I can't get over how much more awesome Krookodile's shiny sprite is than its normal sprite. I almost never ever like shiny sprites over the regular ones, but Krookodile's is just too amazing, and it's the first shiny ever that I really really wanted to get.
http://i771.photobucket.com/albums/xx355/isshonilove/BW-Sprites/553.pnghttp://i771.photobucket.com/albums/xx355/isshonilove/BW-Sprites/BW-Sprites%20Shiny/553.png
That shiny colouring is just perfect and way prettier than the normal dark red one, which makes my eyes bleed.

The first shiny Pokémon I really wanted to get was Glaceon. Shininess has always bee a bonus, but for some reason, that increased contrast and brighter blues made it look that much colder than regular Glaceon.

Meh, I am just going to use the internet. Serebii has maps, and gamefaqs has guides for the games. Also the pokedex online is much more complete than the one the books have.

Of course, the books have the advantage of always being accessible. I can access my books more often than I can access my computer. I may just splurge and get the collectors' guide anyway. Well, that's provided the information in there is nice and detailed.

It's from Prima, right? Because Prima has had a hit-and-miss record with Pokémon games. Their Ruby/Sapphire guide was superb, but their FireRed/LeafGreen guide? Not so much.

I used Durant (And I'm still using it in Battle Subway), and it was REALLY great. Iron Head and X-Scissor destroy even neutral-type opponents, it can counter Fire-types with Stone Edge.
It might be one of the most useful Pokemon this Gen.
I haven't used Heatmor, but it has more weaknesses than Durant and it's worse competitively.

Considering Durant has only 1 weakness, it's not hard to go higher than that. Heatmor has the competitive disadvantage, but by gum, I'm going to find a way to make it work.

Is anyone else kinda sad that there are so few water pokemon this time around? I mean I love all the new type combos and I like that the bug types are getting more useful but what I loved in past games is the wide variety of water types you could choose from.

Water is the most numerous type in the game. Even with Generation 5's mere moderate amount of Water-types, it's still the most numerous type overall.

The Normal-type is creeping close though.

Is it still canon if Word-of-God stuff isn't in the actual game/product? It just seems kind of skimpy to explain away things that can't be experienced.

Sure it is. That's how it is in Death Note and Battlestar Galactica. It's how it's like in any quality work: Only a small portion of what the creators, designers, and artists think up actually make it into the finished product. If a detail is unnecessary and inconsequential, you shouldn't have it in there in the first place. But that doesn't make it less canon, as long as it doesn't contradict anything in the finished production.

I've made longer. HGSS discovery thread. Now that was a monster!

/CL

There was also that Voltorb Flip guide I typed up, though much of the length came from the step-by-step diagrams showing how my tips came into play.

...Not that it wouldn't be much cooler/better/useful if it were Water/Fighting, though...

And the worst part is that we got a pure-Water multi-bearded samurai pokémon and then our new Water/Fighting is a... neopet.

Nah, I'm quite familiar with the art style Neopets uses, and it is most certainly not that. It looks closer to an homage to My Little Pony.

Which is odd considering most Pre-5th Gen Fighting-Types are based on martial arts or hand-to-hand combat and not sword combat.

Quite true. Another thing to note is that of the Pokémon we've had that are themed on blades: Scyther, Scizor, Kabutops, Leafeon, Nuzleaf, Shiftry, Seviper, Gligar, Gliscor, Skarmory--none of them are Fighting-type. In addition, the Axew line and the Pawniard line are also based on blades and are not Fighting.

Well, there is Gallade...though because his blades are on his forearms, his combat style IS closer to a martial artist than a swordsman.

Still, the proof is there--just because a Pokémon is a sword user does not make it a Fighting-type.

And the equal presence of priority makes Sturdy worthless.

Carracosta learns Aqua Jet, so even against priority moves, it can still deal with them.

That Vivaldi reference is way too obscure - I'm not sure they'd put that in what is still, essentially, a game aimed at children/teens.

It makes me giggle everytime someone says that Charizard should be a dragon type/will hopefully be made into a dragon type next gen. Yeah...if you honestly believe that GF is going to change the typing on one of the first pokemon after 15 years, you need to stop deluding yourself.

What's MMO?

They adapted the move Body Purge as Autotomize, which I'd reckon is beyond SAT-level vocabulary (and means exactly what you think it means). A reference to Vivaldi is no biggie. Besides, I'm sure most people have at least heard Spring. The Four Seasons Suite is one of the most famous suites in the world.

Typing games are actually pretty fun

Typing of the Dead, for example, was fairly popular

edit: woooooah jumped straight to Burgh rank

Popular or not, I'm sure a keyboard you can attach to the DS and related systems would be of great use. Whenever Nintendo produces a new add-on, it also produces a new game to use it on. The (original) Zapper got Duck Hunt, the SNES mouse got Mario Paint, The Transfer Pak got Pokémon Stadium, the Rumble Pak got Star Fox 64, the e-Reader got Donkey Kong, the Wii Motion Plus got Wii Sports Resort, the Wii Wheel got Mario Kart Wii, the Balance Board got Wii Fit, and the Wii Zapper got Link's Crossbow Training. The Game Boy Camera was its own game as well as a camera.

In some cases, the game with the device cost as much as the device by itself. In other cases, it only cost slightly more.

If Nintendo decides to release the keyboard at all, it WILL release the Pokémon typing game with it. Video games and keyboards never really took off though. When Nintendo last tried it with Mario Paint, that was pretty much the only SNES game that used it.

At least it's not as bad as Gen 1, when there was one Ghost line.

Well, that was a special case in that Game Freak wanted the Ghost and Dragon types to be unique. They're pretty strong types, Ghost with a lot of immunities and Dragon with a lot of key resistances. By extension, I'd say that explains why they put in only 1 more Ghost and 1 more Dragon for Generation 2. But Generation 3, the designers just decided to dispense with that trait altogether and gave us tons of Dragons and Ghosts.

I definitely agree that some of the Pokemon look weird or stupid upon first impression, but look a lot better once you find out more about them. I originally thought Beheeyem looked ugly and just too strange for my liking, but after looking through its base stats and moves, I really like it and am putting it on my team.

I'm putting it on mine too. Though I liked Beheeyem immediately, and that's because I had quite a laugh out of its theme: The games try as hard as it can to tell you that this and Elgyem are extraterrestrial visitors without saying it outright. It's in their name, their Pokédex descriptions, their abilities, their moves, their stats, and most certainly their appearances. And not just any otherworldly beings, but the B-movie invaders you'd see in the 50s and 60s.

I've always really enjoyed the aesthetic of the Atomic Age--googie architecture, huge pink Cadillacs, sock-hop diners, jukeboxes, Elvis, pompadours, and so forth--so I had to smile when there's a Pokémon that drew inspiration from this era.

I'm also quite amused by their very high catch rates. Elgyem's is 255 (the absolute highest and what you'd expect out of early-game fodder like Caterpie and Bidoof), and Beheeyem's is 90. By comparison, the elemental monkeys' catch rates are 65. I'm not sure why it's so high (Ferroseed and Ferrothorn share this characteristic), but I'd bet it ties into their theme somehow. I'm guessing it's due to the (supposed) easy capture of the Roswell aliens, and thuse these guys would be easy to capture too.

Transestites are males that act like females or like males.

No, a transvestite is someone who takes pleasure ot pride in dressing up as the opposite sex.

A lot of signs do match.

Darn, I was matching them up, as it's gone a few pages without a definite answer.

My best guess is that Sagittarius, as the mythological character, was an aggressive hunter wielding sharp things as weapons, making Fraxure the closest equivalent.

I'm Gemini, as my birthday is at the end of May. However, Klink is associated with June here, so I guess my Unovan constellation is Bouffalant. Works well enough, as it's going on my triple battle team.

LimeStar
5th March 2011, 3:06 PM
I'm a Braviary and a Gothorita :3

I'm born on the crossover day, sometimes I'm listed as Leo, sometime Virgo, so I get the two different signs :}

Blazios
5th March 2011, 3:10 PM
Well, I'm a Braviary.

Anyway, anyone who tries to use a Minccino be warned: It is absolutely pathetic until it evolves, when it begins to 1HKO or 2HKO most things. Especially if you teach it Wake-Up Slap before it evolves.

travisjb90
5th March 2011, 3:46 PM
I really like the Pokemon Zodiac! That is really cool. I was born in January so I am a Sawsbuck! That is cool, I like Sawsbuck.

Carina
5th March 2011, 3:55 PM

Isn't it just our luck?
I'm guessing October is the candle-chandelier pokemon.

Korobooshi Kojiro
5th March 2011, 4:04 PM
Yeah, I just saw someone on Bulbagarden mention the guide-book mentioned Lampent (who has the shape of a scale) was indeed the October one. :)

Mr.Munchlax
5th March 2011, 4:20 PM
I really like the Pokemon Zodiac! That is really cool. I was born in January so I am a Sawsbuck! That is cool, I like Sawsbuck.

What pokemon zodiac?

MagnetonNr1
5th March 2011, 4:22 PM
What pokemon zodiac?

The Unova TV sometimes broadcasts something about the "Pokémon Zodiac"

Tyrannotaur
5th March 2011, 4:22 PM
April is Aries, the ram/sheep, so it got the pokemon based on the vegetable lamb Whimsicott (though I think Capricorn would have worked just as well)
May is Taurus, the bull, so it got the closest thing in Boufalant.

I am a Taurus in real life, but a Aries in Pokemon. Huh. Whimsicott is cool, but I'd consider myself more of a Taurus than an Aries. So I guess I could say I'm a Boufalant, even though the game would say I'm a Whimsicott.

This is a cool feature. Something they didn't have to add but they did anyway and it adds an interesting little quirk to the game.
Bravo Gamefreak. (Or was this not in the JPN version?)

-;248;

TsukiMirage
5th March 2011, 5:01 PM
I'm personally deciding to have the winter Sawsbuck as my zodiac sign.

Ophie
5th March 2011, 5:06 PM
Anyway, anyone who tries to use a Minccino be warned: It is absolutely pathetic until it evolves, when it begins to 1HKO or 2HKO most things. Especially if you teach it Wake-Up Slap before it evolves.

Ah, kind of like with Bronzor in Diamond/Pearl/PLatinum then. Those things can't even dent most Pokémon until they evolve.

KickAsh
5th March 2011, 5:14 PM
Pokemon Zodiac. As a Cancer in real life, my sign is Crustle. Awesome, I love Crustle.

Cinccino is that good? I totally overlooked it. Wow.

Tyrannotaur
5th March 2011, 5:17 PM
Ah, kind of like with Bronzor in Diamond/Pearl/PLatinum then. Those things can't even dent most Pokémon until they evolve.

They are annoying at least. I hated those Explorer dudes who would spam confuse ray and hypnosis. Interesting about Minccino though. Kind of reminds me of Jigglypuff alot too.

Those of you who have played the game, what do you think of Scolipede? Is he better than other beginner bugs like Beedrill or Dustox? I was considering using him, but I'm not sure.

-;248;

Pokemon Trainer Blue
5th March 2011, 5:28 PM
I hate how Mienshao and Bisharp evolve at such high levels. I'll be at the 8th gym with their first forms...could they have at least made it a LITTLE lower, or put a filler evo in between?

luxrayshock
5th March 2011, 5:30 PM
I hate how Mienshao and Bisharp evolve at such high levels. I'll be at the 8th gym with their first forms...could they have at least made it a LITTLE lower, or put a filler evo in between?

I'm also not a big fan of the late evolution levels. Lots are in the 50's and who really trains all 6 pokes that high until the elite four.

KickAsh
5th March 2011, 5:40 PM
I'm also not a big fan of the late evolution levels. Lots are in the 50's and who really trains all 6 pokes that high until the elite four.
I agree as well. Unless there are trainers on the direct way from Point A to Point B, I usually don't engage in battles. I don't take side routes or cut down trees or go into caves to find extra trainers to battle. I only battle those trainers on the most direct way between where I left and where I'm going.
Luckily, I got Black, so I can take advantage of Black City.

Skydra
5th March 2011, 5:48 PM
guys guys guys

Saw it, as a regular on IGN. I don't really care for it that much, but its better than the Pokerap.

The high evolution levels are fine with me. Its not hard to train up to level 50-60 or so to evolve. And I say that even while getting White, which doesn't have all the Black Forest trainers.

R_N
5th March 2011, 6:58 PM

But I'll be damned if they couldn't take hits like a champ.
Kind of reminds me more of Kirlia: frail, weak, and not even that fast. Getting it to that Gardevoir was no joke, I'll tell you.

bippacooleth
5th March 2011, 7:03 PM
Damn you! Bragging is not big or clever! :P

I had to restart to get my girl. What do you want to bet that when I start with Tepig and Osha, who I want as boys, I'll get friggin girls?

I'm loving the electronic bulletin board between routes/cities. Very Tokyo-ish :D

Yess, I love them too. Very nice :)

I'm a Bouffalant, which is alright I supoose. And the new song is amazing. So bad that its good - 'Watchog watches stuff' srsly?!

MagnetonNr1
5th March 2011, 7:12 PM
Those of you who have played the game, what do you think of Scolipede? Is he better than other beginner bugs like Beedrill or Dustox? I was considering using him, but I'm not sure.

Well, until it reaches its Scolipede form it's quite... meh... but Scolipede sure is a kinda strong Pokémon. I use it a lot.

CaptainCombusken
5th March 2011, 7:19 PM
I'm SO hating the Ground shaking spots. I've been going round and round in Wellspring cave for a few of 'em for ages now, and I've only got items so far... or a Roggenrola interrupts my path to one.
Do you have to be moving around for one to appear? or is it time based?

DestroyerOfWorlds
5th March 2011, 7:27 PM
Wait wait wait.
If there's a Pokemon Zodiac, which Pokemon represents Ophiuchus?

R_N
5th March 2011, 7:29 PM
Wait wait wait.
If there's a Pokemon Zodiac, which Pokemon represents Ophiuchus?

None of them because it doesn't count

bippacooleth
5th March 2011, 7:29 PM
I'm SO hating the Ground shaking spots. I've been going round and round in Wellspring cave for a few of 'em for ages now, and I've only got items so far... or a Roggenrola interrupts my path to one.
Do you have to be moving around for one to appear? or is it time based?

Well, for the grass shaking ones all I'm doing is running up and down past a patch of grass on Route 3 and finding a patch every minute or so. Not sure if the cave ones work the same, but I'd suggest investing in some repels - I think they have no effect on the shaking spots? Someone may need to confirm this.

On this topic, the shaking spots are amazing. Audino levels up my lv15 team one level everytime I defeat one, and the patches are not rare at all. Insta-grinding :D

MagnetonNr1
5th March 2011, 7:31 PM
EDIT: Good grief. I was too slow again :p

And No, repels don't have any effect on shaking spots, whirling dust, etc.

CaptainCombusken
5th March 2011, 7:45 PM
And now comes the happiness.
Finally, after looking for AGES, I found a Drilbur. It was a Male, thank god, and was a relatively good level, level 12, the second highest you can get it at. There was nerves from me when I thought my Chiro's Gust would knock him out, but it left him with red HP. I used a Dusk Ball and then I caught him. I sighed, relieved.

Just some training 'till level 14 and I'm done!

MagnetonNr1
5th March 2011, 7:49 PM
Today I found a Sigilyph in Resort Desert
First thought: WANT!!!

... In the end it cost me 10 (!!) Ultra Balls!!

Missingno.Fan
5th March 2011, 7:51 PM

Those things are seriously that hard to catch? *cries*

streetlightdsb
5th March 2011, 7:55 PM

Those things are seriously that hard to catch? *cries*

I caught mine with a Pokeball at about 1/3rd health. I tried one Great Ball before that. It's catch rate is 45 FYI. :)

MagnetonNr1
5th March 2011, 7:57 PM
Well - I never have any luck catching Pokémon...
And is 45 high or low, because I don't know much about catch rates.

R_N
5th March 2011, 7:58 PM
Can't be any worse than Solrock & Torkoal

Each of which took up an entire healthy stock of Poke, Great, and Ultra balls.

bleeding-chocobo
5th March 2011, 8:00 PM
I caught mine with a Pokeball at about 1/3rd health. I tried one Great Ball before that. It's catch rate is 45 FYI. :)

Aw, it is? Well, I'll catch one anyway. I really want to use one of those. :)

MagnetonNr1
5th March 2011, 8:02 PM
Well.. now I have a problem...
Should I use Sigilyph (looks pretty nice to me) from now or should I keep my Tranquill?

Dr. Leggs
5th March 2011, 8:04 PM
Sigilyph is far superior to Unfezant.

Shneak
5th March 2011, 8:05 PM
Well.. now I have a problem...
Should I use Sigilyph (looks pretty nice to me) from now or should I keep my Tranquill?

Sigilyph has a huge moveset and has an awesome design. I'm going to use it.

travisjb90
5th March 2011, 8:05 PM
I don't mind the high evolution levels. It is cool that it takes so long to evolve them. Its like you are more rewarded for all your hard work.

rocky505
5th March 2011, 8:06 PM
Unfezant is nothing compared to Pidgeot, Swellow and Staraptor. I find it better than Noctowl though.

Dr. Leggs
5th March 2011, 8:08 PM
I feel like it at least has the upper hand on Pidgeot though (easily the worst of the regional birds).

MagnetonNr1
5th March 2011, 8:10 PM
Well, alright... goodbye Tranquill and... Hello, Sigilyph :D... but I still need a nickname...

@travisjb
Just like for Tyranitar, Dragonite, etc.? Yeah, that's quite cool.

What? Nooo - nobody likes Pidgeot... I use it whenever I can :p

CaptainBrain
5th March 2011, 8:28 PM
Staraptor and Swellow are the best regional birds. On top of having great designs, they get decent movepools; especially Staraptor. Unfezant has a good design, but the poor thing has a very unfortunate movepool. Noctowl is in the same boat. Pidgeot...there's no saving that one. I actually prefer Pidgeotto to Pidgeot.

R_N
5th March 2011, 8:34 PM
Unfezant is nothing compared to Pidgeot, Swellow and Staraptor. I find it better than Noctowl though.

I remain convinced that had Unfezant's stats been made defensively oriented it would be waaaaay better. It's movepool screams for it having defensive stats, but lol no.

Even Pidgeot is better

Or they could have given it Acrobat.

Blazios
5th March 2011, 8:45 PM
I remain convinced that had Unfezant's stats been made defensively oriented it would be waaaaay better. It's movepool screams for it having defensive stats, but lol no.

Even Pidgeot is better

Or they could have given it Acrobat.

You know a Pokémon's movepool's awful when Drill Peck would even be an improvement.

R_N
5th March 2011, 9:06 PM
You know a Pokémon's movepool's awful when Drill Peck would even be an improvement.

Drill Peck's a good move, at least. But yeah.

But just imagine if Unfezant had, say, 105 defense, 93 special defense, and lets say 80 speed. Suddenly it doesn't suck nearly as much!
I mean it's not wonderful but it'd be better

7 tyranitars
5th March 2011, 9:23 PM
unfezant is unfortunate that it basicly only have special attacks while his sp attack sucks but his attack is way better still love it's design tho :)

Valoo.
5th March 2011, 9:25 PM
Is anybody using Musharna? My Munna's a beast so far in-game

KickAsh
5th March 2011, 9:31 PM
I hate Unfezant. I like how GF tried to design a staple Flying-type off of a more unusual type of bird (roadrunner), as opposed to more traditional birds like eagles/owls. But as Snowyarticuno said, Unfezant's movepool screams defensive. Moves like Featherdance and Taunt--defense. One of it's abilities, Big Pecks--defense. Egg Move Lucky Chant and TM moves Substitute (combined with Roost, another move it learns) and Protect--DEFENSE. Ugh why GF, why?! Such a good design, such a terrible Pokemon.

If it's defenses were (a lot) better, imagine it with it's decent 93 Speed stat, using Taunt, Substitute, Featherdance/Roost, and Sky Attack.

bleeding-chocobo
5th March 2011, 9:33 PM
Braivary and even Mandizbuzz outclass Unfezant. :>

Grei
5th March 2011, 9:39 PM
I hate Unfezant. I like how GF tried to design a staple Flying-type off of a more unusual type of bird (roadrunner), as opposed to more traditional birds like eagles/owls. But as Snowyarticuno said, Unfezant's movepool screams defensive. Moves like Featherdance and Taunt--defense. One of it's abilities, Big Pecks--defense. Egg Move Lucky Chant and TM moves Substitute (combined with Roost, another move it learns) and Protect--DEFENSE. Ugh why GF, why?! Such a good design, such a terrible Pokemon.

If it's defenses were (a lot) better, imagine it with it's decent 93 Speed stat, using Taunt, Substitute, Featherdance/Roost, and Sky Attack.

It's... a dove. At least, Pidove is. Tranquil is... something, and Unfezant is a pheasant (Sugimori or Masuda or someone official said this specifically).

I have no idea where you got the indication that it was a roadrunner, besides Bulbapedia, which tends to be very crappy with their "Origins" sections (and their romanizations). :/

I think what would also help it would be giving it more of a variety of physical attacks to use. It's got... what? Aerial Ace, Sky Attack, Pluck, U-Turn, and Fly. 4 Flying-type attacks, 1 Bug-type attack. That gives it no coverage whatsoever.

BW202
5th March 2011, 9:40 PM
I'd say Unfezant is tied with Swellow for my favorite regional bird. I like Staraptor, it's just that feather...thing on its head. I am currently on a bus home from a baseball tournament. Since I pre-ordered from Gamestop, do you think there's a chance I'll come home to the game?

\/ Omg I haven't even looked at Unfezant's Sugmori art closely yet. That is just BADASS XD.

KickAsh
5th March 2011, 9:44 PM
I have no idea where you got the indication that it was a roadrunner. :/
http://www.petinfospot.com/pictures/greater_roadrunner_2.jpg
http://www.pokecharms.com/games/images/thumb/4/41/Sugi_521.png/165px-Sugi_521.png
I think they look pretty similar. I missed the the obvious play on "pheasant" in the name Unfezant, but I still think Unfezant looks damn similar to a roadrunner.

R_N
5th March 2011, 9:56 PM
The whole line is based on a number of different birds, essentially. Which I think is neat, usually they're pretty rigid in theme but they managed to link a few different kinds of bird into one line and still keep consistency.

Nebbio
5th March 2011, 9:57 PM
I caught a Scraggy and I think it's animation is awesome. I called it Chuckles.

CaptainCombusken
5th March 2011, 10:00 PM
OOh! Something interesting in my playthrough!
You know the guy in the Nacrene Museum? The scientist? Turns out, he's Lenora's HUSBAND. 0.0 When I saw that on my screen.

And it seems like Tympole really IS the Troll Pokemon... It seems to have a low escape rate (so you can't escape a wild battle from it easily). Just like trolls which don't go away.

KickAsh
5th March 2011, 10:02 PM
I'd say Unfezant is tied with Swellow for my favorite regional bird. I like Staraptor, it's just that feather...thing on its head
Going by just design, Staraptor is my favorite, followed by Swellow, and then Unfezant comes in a semi-close third. I honestly like Unfezant's design, which makes it an even bigger shame I have to hate because of it's movepool and stats.

R_N
5th March 2011, 10:05 PM
You know the guy in the Nacrene Museum? The scientist? Turns out, he's Lenora's HUSBAND. 0.0 When I saw that on my screen.

And it seems like Tympole really IS the Troll Pokemon... It seems to have a low escape rate (so you can't escape a wild battle from it easily). Just like trolls which don't go away.

He even shows up in the anime
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/thumb/f/fd/Hawes_anime.png/250px-Hawes_anime.png
Scrawny guy, eh?

Oh and his name is Hawes

Grei
5th March 2011, 10:05 PM
http://www.pokecharms.com/games/images/thumb/4/41/Sugi_521.png/165px-Sugi_521.png
I think they look pretty similar. I missed the the obvious play on "pheasant" in the name Unfezant, but I still think Unfezant looks damn similar to a roadrunner.

Huh. I see the resemblance, but Sugimori did say it was a pheasant.

Besides:

http://etc.usf.edu/clipart/2300/2373/pheasant_2_lg.gif
http://www.gobirding.eu/Images/Pheasants/Pheasant/Pheasant,%20Cley,%2028-Mar-09%20L.JPG

Pay special attention to the spikes on the backs of the legs, the speckled design on the feathers on the bottom half of the body, the mask-like parts around its eyes, the tail, the feathers poking up in the back (which is only really visible on the female Unfezants), and plumpness (the Roadrunner is skinnier, while Unfezant and pheasants are more plump).

Mario with Lasers
5th March 2011, 10:08 PM

It has 64 Base Speed, I guess that's a lot by the second badge city.

KickAsh
5th March 2011, 10:11 PM
Huh. I see the resemblance, but Sugimori did say it was a pheasant.
Oh I was confusing pheasants with quails. Weird. But if Sugimori said so, then yeah Unfezant must be based of a pheasant.
So did Sugimori design Unfezant?

Scrawny guy, eh?
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20101227123620/pokemon/images/thumb/c/c4/Aloe_kidachi.jpg/185px-Aloe_kidachi.jpg
They don't look like a married couple, but hey, love chooses you.

R_N
5th March 2011, 10:18 PM
What would make them look like a married couple?

KickAsh
5th March 2011, 10:21 PM
What would make them look like a married couple?
They don't look like they share any common interests, do they? (Other than archaeology, but I only know that from the games, I don't think anyone could infer that.) And most married couples have to share common interests, just to keep them selves from driving each other crazy.
I hope I didn't sound racist when I said they don't look married...I didn't intend to be.

R_N
5th March 2011, 10:25 PM
They don't look like they share any common interests, do they? (Other than archaeology, but I only know that from the games, I don't think anyone could infer that.) And most married couples have to share common interests, just to keep them selves from driving each other crazy.
I hope I didn't sound racist when I said they don't look married...I didn't intend to be.

We don't see a lot of them, they probably have a number of interests. Archeology is just at the fore-front.

KickAsh
5th March 2011, 10:34 PM
We don't see a lot of them, they probably have a number of interests. Archeology is just at the fore-front.
They probably do have a lot of shared interests, I said that they don't look like they do. Lenora is in to Pokemon battling, obviously, as it is her job and hobby. Does such a tweedy guy look like he's into battling? No. Who knows, maybe Hawes is the greatest trainer who ever lived, and all his Pokemon are Lv. 100 and he fistfights Mewtwo. But does he look like that? Nope.
We know Lenora enjoys baking. While baking is certainly more mild and therefore more to Hawes' speed, he still doesn't look like a baker.
In short, Lenora seems more adventurous, boisterous, and outgoing. Hawes looks like he doesn't go outside if he thinks the sun is too bright. They look like total opposites.

R_N
5th March 2011, 10:41 PM
They probably do have a lot of shared interests, I said that they don't look like they do. Lenora is in to Pokemon battling, obviously, as it is her job and hobby. Does such a tweedy guy look like he's into battling? No. Who knows, maybe Hawes is the greatest trainer who ever lived, and all his Pokemon are Lv. 100 and he fistfights Mewtwo. But does he look like that? Nope.
We know Lenora enjoys baking. While baking is certainly more mild and therefore more to Hawes' speed, he still doesn't look like a baker.
In short, Lenora seems more adventurous, boisterous, and outgoing. Hawes looks like he doesn't go outside if he thinks the sun is too bright. They look like total opposites.

Opposites attract, complete each other blah blah blah

Palkia98
5th March 2011, 11:08 PM
Im stuck on either cxhoosing Snivy or Tepig, the final evolutions are amazing but i want good movsets.

hever
5th March 2011, 11:11 PM
Good movesets? Then choose Tepig.

I like Snivy, but sucks that the only good thing about its final evo is the speed.

Dr. Leggs
5th March 2011, 11:23 PM
Serperior has decent Speed and defenses which can be supplemented with Leech Seed and Coil, but its offensive power is very lacking.

Emboar is basically the opposite, with a wide movepool and usable offensive stats. But it's got low defenses and the base speed of Cyndaquil.

Cobalt_Latios
5th March 2011, 11:28 PM
Well, I sure missed out on a nice little discussion :s.

Well, considering where you find them, and where you're going, and the level of the Pokemon in Victory Road... a little grinding, and you're fine.

I've done so a few times. Takes me a couple of hours, but at least this way you can guarantee that you'll have the coverage where you need it. Then again, it was much easier to do in say, RSE/DPPt, but I'll have to see how it is in Black/White before I add it there.

But I'll be damned if they couldn't take hits like a champ.
They kind of were more or less designed for that. At least giving 'em Gyro Ball made it all worthwhile.

Kind of reminds me more of Kirlia: frail, weak, and not even that fast. Getting it to that Gardevoir was no joke, I'll tell you.
That's what the ole Exp Share is for.

On this topic, the shaking spots are amazing. Audino levels up my lv15 team one level everytime I defeat one, and the patches are not rare at all. Insta-grinding :D
Hmmm... I think I'll consider doing that. Even though Audino freaks me out for whatever reason :s.

-_-, well, at least it's going to be worth it.

Sigilyph is far superior to Unfezant.
So much. This is probably going to be the first Pokemon game where I do not use the regional bird in my team. Better stats, better moveset, and it's design is awesome! It may not evolve, but considering what it's typing is, I really don't care.

True, but I don't really like Pidgeot all that much; even if both Unfezant and Pidgeot start off as both a Pidgeon and a mock-Pidgeon, respectively.

Well, alright... goodbye Tranquill and... Hello, Sigilyph :D... but I still need a nickname...
Hieroglyph (if it fits)
Or just: Sygil.

Staraptor and Swellow are the best regional birds. On top of having great designs, they get decent movepools; especially Staraptor.
Staraptor gets a lot of great attacks and has the nice stats to use it.

Unfezant has a good design, but the poor thing has a very unfortunate movepool. Noctowl is in the same boat. Pidgeot...there's no saving that one. I actually prefer Pidgeotto to Pidgeot.
At least Unfezant has "stuff" to work with. Noctowl, not so much. Pidgeot may have a better movepool than Unfezant, but it doesn't have the stats to use them as efficiently.

Braivary and even Mandizbuzz outclass Unfezant. :>
Too bad you get them so late :/. Eh, "better late than never" ;).

I think what would also help it would be giving it more of a variety of physical attacks to use. It's got... what? Aerial Ace, Sky Attack, Pluck, U-Turn, and Fly. 4 Flying-type attacks, 1 Bug-type attack. That gives it no coverage whatsoever.
I hardly team my flyer that diverse a moveset to begin with. So it's not pathetic, just useable. Not competitively, mind you, but it useable.

Ain't it funny that Sigilyp is going to be more used than Unfezant?

I caught a Scraggy and I think it's animation is awesome. I called it Chuckles.
Once you Scrafty, you'll definitely be grateful :D.

/CL

hever
5th March 2011, 11:28 PM
Im stuck on either cxhoosing Snivy or Tepig, the final evolutions are amazing but i want good movsets.

You can compare the stats here (http://serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon.shtml).

bleeding-chocobo
5th March 2011, 11:32 PM
Too bad you get them so late :/. Eh, "better late than never" ;).
/CL

Haha, yeah. Hopefully, one of my cousins (they're getting White and Black), can trade me a Rufflet if they get far enough into the game.

Palkia98
6th March 2011, 12:08 AM
Im looking forward to axew/fraxure/haxorus they are my favourite pokemon of all time, (and it's hard to beat tyrannitar)

UStrainer40137
6th March 2011, 12:12 AM
It does look a lot like a road runner. Seeing as I don't like Unfezant's english name too much, I'll probably be naming mine Roadrunner.

Carina
6th March 2011, 1:56 AM
Yeah, I just saw someone on Bulbagarden mention the guide-book mentioned Lampent (who has the shape of a scale) was indeed the October one. :)
Don't know what guide-book this is but if it's true, awesome. :) Thanks for the heads up, Koro. :D

Ihakasa
6th March 2011, 2:08 AM
Bleh I'm less excited for the release tomorrow and more stressed.
I'm just so worried about what starter I'm getting :UUUU
I wanted to have a super balanced team with a fire, a water, and a grass early on in the beginning.
Those damn monkies keep throwing everything off.

Originally I was going to get Oshawott, have Pansear and have my Petilil until I realized Pansears moveset sucks :U
And then I wanted the water monkey but I need Snivy for it
Which ruins my whole balance thing cause I was also planning on Leavanny...
And I can't have three grasses.
I'm considering Tepig but then I get stupid grass monkey with an alright movepool but is still a grass.
Is there like any other water/fire pokemon you get in the beginning or am I just going to have like all grass for the first 5 gyms ; A;

Denexiar
6th March 2011, 2:14 AM
It took me a while to warm up to most of the designs for Pokemon this Gen. Now, I just find most of them amazing- Especially Deino's line. That line sounds even better to me due to the hint of German in the names.

Weaver_8
6th March 2011, 4:27 AM
I'd like you all to meet the inspiration of woobat.
http://cdn2.arkive.org/media/AC/AC545697-BD11-48EB-8015-A1C4A22D5726/Presentation.Large/Honduran-white-bats.jpg

may the squeeing commence. :3

R_N
6th March 2011, 4:35 AM
eeeeeeeeee so cuuuuute. Those are Honduran, right?

are there any images/video of them in flight?

Weaver_8
6th March 2011, 4:38 AM
eeeeeeeeee so cuuuuute. Those are Honduran, right?

are there any images/video of them in flight?

Yep their Honduran, sadly though out of the images I found none of them showed them in flight.

BW202
6th March 2011, 4:43 AM
Squeeeeee! Those things are ca-ute. It's a f***ing pigbat XD. One more thing to like about the line.

EDIT: Great vid (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NehjuAFkRco) of them.

R_N
6th March 2011, 4:50 AM
Squeeeeee! Those things are ca-ute. It's a f***ing pigbat XD. One more thing to like about the line.

EDIT: Great vid (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NehjuAFkRco) of them.

Awww they're tent makers? So cute. Pretty chill little fellas, too.

Shame they didn't get a shot of them flying

BW202
6th March 2011, 5:06 AM
Awww they're tent makers? So cute. Pretty chill little fellas, too.

Shame they didn't get a shot of them flying

Looks like a beanie toy. May be fake. Hopefully not cause this one is mega cute XD.
http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs43/f/2009/134/c/6/honduran_white_bat_3_by_zmouse.jpg

ashgirl92
6th March 2011, 5:21 AM
Looks like a beanie toy. May be fake. Hopefully not cause this one is mega cute XD.
http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs43/f/2009/134/c/6/honduran_white_bat_3_by_zmouse.jpg

That is totally fake. But it is really cute anyways. Oh well.

Dr. Leggs
6th March 2011, 5:23 AM
Regardless, Honduran fruit bats are too cute to live.

R_N
6th March 2011, 5:28 AM
That's definitely a plush but I must have it

TsukiMirage
6th March 2011, 6:45 AM
Aww, Honduran fruit bats are so cute. I would love if one can up to me and poked me with her tiny nose. I guess I just have to stick with Woobat.

BW202
6th March 2011, 7:23 AM
Well, not even a day until I get to meet these BA new Pokemon. I got church, lunch and will hopefully come home to the game. :D Off to bed, can't wait till tomorrow!

Btw, 200 posts exact before BW XD.

falseswipe
6th March 2011, 4:50 PM
Got the game this morning at 9. I'm having a hard time finding an Audino.

Silent Conversation
6th March 2011, 5:02 PM
Well, two more hours for me. I just have to go to my piano practice, and when I come back, I'll be heading to Gamestop.

lindsy95
6th March 2011, 5:11 PM
One more hour, my stepdad doesn't feel like driving me yet :l

-will be getting a drivers permit soonish-

Psychic Silver
6th March 2011, 5:15 PM
Got the game this morning at 9. I'm having a hard time finding an Audino.

I cant stop finding them :L

Silent Conversation
6th March 2011, 5:16 PM
Speaking of Audino, is it true that you get a TON of experience if you defeat an Audino in the wild?

bippacooleth
6th March 2011, 5:18 PM
Speaking of Audino, is it true that you get a TON of experience if you defeat an Audino in the wild?

Jaysus the EXP is amazing. Battle a level 12 Audino with a level 11 Lillipup and thats two levels right there. Even at higher levels its easily the best way to train

falseswipe
6th March 2011, 5:18 PM
Yeah, like Chansey.

Silent Conversation
6th March 2011, 5:20 PM
Are there a lot of trainers who use Audino? Because Audino + Lucky Egg will equal a huge amount of EXP, so I'm really hoping to find a lot.

Shneak
6th March 2011, 5:24 PM
Are there a lot of trainers who use Audino? Because Audino + Lucky Egg will equal a huge amount of EXP, so I'm really hoping to find a lot.

Audino can be found on every grass route. You don't even need a trainer.

Dragoniteftw
6th March 2011, 5:27 PM
I am so glad you get the lucky egg as a gift, its helped alot with training

CaptainCombusken
6th March 2011, 6:31 PM
Yeah. I've kinda decided to do some rotation of two of my team members, Joltik/Galvantula and Tirtouga/Carracosta, because I realised today just how useful and awesome Carracosta is, but I don't want to sacrifice Galvantula who I think is awesome and is my ever useful Electric type.
But I revived my fossil and Tirtouga was a few levels behind. I levelled a bit somewhere else but got bored so headed onto the route I hadn't been on yet (Route 6). After getting frustrated a having to fight Deerlings and Karrablasts, I finally found a Shaking spot and battled Tabuune. I knocked it out and basically climbed a whole level. So basically my Exp bar was just as full as it had been before the battle, except I was a level higher. Awesome Exp.

Love this song.Alder's Theme (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fquuOdoeG7Q). It's from the games. It's great.

Also lovin' Clay's character, especially his accent.

Tommyb2405
6th March 2011, 6:54 PM
ergh... anyone got any good team selections for fighting the Pokemon League?

current team is:
Krookodile - 42
Zebstrika - 35 :/
Emboar - 48
Samurott - 46
Throh - 37 :/
Rufflet 41

i know that Zebstrika and Throh are low levels... any suggestions on who i could bring in?

CaptainCombusken
6th March 2011, 6:59 PM
For the league, you need a Good Dark type/Dark type user, preferably two.
A Good Flying or Psychic type.
And a Good Fighting or Bug type.
Your Krookodile is perfect for taking on Shauntal and Caitlin.
Rufflet will do perfectly for Marshal, although maybe having a Psychic type would be a good idea as a Just-in-case measure.
And Emboar should do fine for Grimsley. Just make sure for all of the members you have at least one backup person who can still deal with each member effectively as well as your primary battler.

Dr. Leggs
6th March 2011, 7:08 PM
Audino is wicked awesome to get experience from. And rare spots aren't hard to find, so this is great.

Tommyb2405
6th March 2011, 7:26 PM
thanks a lot... busy leveling them up at the minute :)

Kreis
6th March 2011, 7:27 PM
Audino is wicked awesome to get experience from. And rare spots aren't hard to find, so this is great.

How are you finding all these rare spots? I haven't found a single one yet despite having battled over 100+ wild Pokemon in the same area. Do you have to be exactly in the grass or what?

Dr. Leggs
6th March 2011, 7:29 PM
How are you finding all these rare spots? I haven't found a single one yet despite having battled over 100+ wild Pokemon in the same area. Do you have to be exactly in the grass or what?

I went into the Dreamyard and walked between the two grass patches (not actually going in them though). They come up really fast.

MetalFlygon08
6th March 2011, 8:04 PM
If you stand still and wait, a rare grass will eventually shake, picking up an item, or engaging in any battle resets the random timer.

Also

Audino=Metal Slime

Dr. Leggs
6th March 2011, 8:12 PM
So they can appear even if you don't move?

Kreis
6th March 2011, 8:16 PM
So they can appear even if you don't move?

30 minutes and I'm still waiting. This Audino or Musharna better be shiny.

MetalFlygon08
6th March 2011, 8:17 PM
yup, I 'snipe' Audino, so to speak, I sit and wait for a patch to flare up, then I strike, also works well for hunting Drillbur and Ducklett.

Chimchar15
6th March 2011, 8:18 PM
Yay for Emboar being Pokemon of the week on the same day as the U.S release! This is a good day.

Lorx
6th March 2011, 8:31 PM
This is getting very exciting I must say!

Midnight Sun
6th March 2011, 8:53 PM
I'd just like to post about my stupidity. :'D

Am I the only one who thought Woobat's nose was it's eye? Hope not, because I didn't realize that it was it's nose until today. Now I understand why I thought it was so stupid looking. XD

Dr. Leggs
6th March 2011, 8:54 PM
People thought that briefly after we first saw it but then they realized it was the nose. XD

CaptainCombusken
6th March 2011, 8:58 PM
I never stopped thinking that that was the case...
And I still can't see it. Even now...
He's a Cyclops! I refuse to believe otherwise!

XXD17
6th March 2011, 9:13 PM
I don't really care...either way it's an awesome fluffball with wings...but the pokemon that really took me by surprise was musharna and what it looks like when it's awake...

LexSuicune
6th March 2011, 10:11 PM
I quite like Woobat, Swoobat on the other hand I'll never fully appreciate, the tail is too much for me x_x

Dracoste
6th March 2011, 10:47 PM

I've been hunting for a specific Minncino: Female, Adamant and Technician ablity.
To find the right one I've been catching female minccino in route 5 for a couple of hours. I've now got a box full of Minccino^-^'

I recently evolved my Minccino. And Work up+Tail Slap is a strong nice combo. Also Sing+(Work-up+)90 base attack Wake-Up Slap is also a very neat combo. Cincinno is such an awesome Pokémon. High speed and high attack and some very nice moves.

My Mincinno used sing, it's health was only halfway and i caught in a Pokéball ;) I'm only using it for it's ablity to learn fly now. Nothing else.

xxDUNE
6th March 2011, 10:52 PM
If I catch a Pokemon that has more then 1 ability, will any others that appear in the wild say when it has the ability that mine doesn't have? I thought there was something like that since I think that happened with the Munna I ran into.

CaptainCombusken
6th March 2011, 10:54 PM
I need to slow down on this game...
Chargestone Cave already is not great for just two days...

At least it's school again tomorrow, which is good. I'm probably going to do a lot of wild Pokemon training, catching Pokemon I don't have yet, etc... Probably battle one trainer a day to make sure it goes really nice and slowly. Maybe two.

I know; I can train up all the Pokemon who are currently boxed up! genius stroke there Proby! Nothing will make the game pass slower than me training each and very one of My Pokemon to high-ish levels. Right; new aim. Train all the Pokemon I currently have to Level 30 (Only One is higher, my boxed Excadrill). I've collected quite a few...

And yes, that third paragraph I did just make up on the spot XD.

Poke_Cannon
6th March 2011, 11:05 PM
best pokemon game i've ever played.. and it helps that i stayed away from forums and info til now.

picked the otter as my starter.. and wondering if it was a good idea.. as it seems like each starter gets outclasses by other pokemon of the same type throughout the game..

i got the Audino from a shaking patch, i had no idea why it was shaking.. and i was like.. POKERADAR SHINY.. haha. but no..

i want that blue fighter [i have white] guess i have to wait for more patches.

THERE'S SO MANY AWESOME POKEMON I DONT KNOW WHO TO CATCH AND USEEEEEEE. AHHHHHHH

Dracoste
6th March 2011, 11:07 PM
If I catch a Pokemon that has more then 1 ability, will any others that appear in the wild say when it has the ability that mine doesn't have? I thought there was something like that since I think that happened with the Munna I ran into.

For some pokémon it's easy to see which ability they have, Munna for excample. When you run into a munna, you know when it has Forewarn, cause it comes into effect right when you start the battle. When the ability Forewarn isn't activated in the start of the battle, you then know it has the Synchronize ability...Sadly you can't see the ability of Minccino from the start...Is someone interested in a whole bunch of Minccino^_^'

xxDUNE
6th March 2011, 11:19 PM
For some pokémon it's easy to see which ability they have, Munna for excample. When you run into a munna, you know when it has Forewarn, cause it comes into effect right when you start the battle. When the ability Forewarn isn't activated in the start of the battle, you then know it has the Synchronize ability...Sadly you can't see the ability of Minccino from the start...Is someone interested in a whole bunch of Minccino^_^'
Yeah I thought about that too but I wasn't sure. I figured it out after though when I was able to lower the defense of a Pidove (meaning it has Super Luck) when I had a Pidove with Big Pecks already. But it's nice to know though. Agh, I thought it was going to be easy now.

Sponge
6th March 2011, 11:30 PM
Didn't serebii have a page detailing where each pokemon could be seen in trainer battles? I can't find it anywhere...

I have pokemon white and I'm wondering who I have to battle to see a pokemon from the Gothitelle family. So I can then get one from the GTS.

Ultimate Glalie
6th March 2011, 11:36 PM
Didn't serebii have a page detailing where each pokemon could be seen in trainer battles? I can't find it anywhere...

I have pokemon white and I'm wondering who I have to battle to see a pokemon from the Gothitelle family. So I can then get one from the GTS.Just look through the Routes here: http://www.serebii.net/pokearth/unova/

XXD17
6th March 2011, 11:38 PM
I've been hunting for a specific Minncino: Female, Adamant and Technician ablity.
To find the right one I've been catching female minccino in route 5 for a couple of hours. I've now got a box full of Minccino^-^'

I recently evolved my Minccino. And Work up+Tail Slap is a strong nice combo. Also Sing+(Work-up+)90 base attack Wake-Up Slap is also a very neat combo. Cincinno is such an awesome Pokémon. High speed and high attack and some very nice moves.

My Mincinno used sing, it's health was only halfway and i caught in a Pokéball ;) I'm only using it for it's ablity to learn fly now. Nothing else.

OMG I love Cincinno!!! I use mine as a technician scout with encore, u-turn, t-wave and tail slap...it's adamant with max attack and speed and it works to an extent...the only problem is that it can't take any hits...can your cheer up one take hits? cheer-up would be great only if Cincinno can live to use its effect...focus sash maybe?

Sponge
6th March 2011, 11:45 PM
Just look through the Routes here: http://www.serebii.net/pokearth/unova/

Thanks, I checked and it was actually the one pokemon battle I missed in the desert resort. What bad luck...

Dracoste
6th March 2011, 11:51 PM
OMG I love Cincinno!!! I use mine as a technician scout with encore, u-turn, t-wave and tail slap...it's adamant with max attack and speed and it works to an extent...the only problem is that it can't take any hits...can your cheer up one take hits? cheer-up would be great only if Cincinno can live to use its effect...focus sash maybe?

I always put my opponent to sleep first before I use Work Up. But that is just beneficial about the moveset of mine Cinccino. And I just need to be lucky that my opponent doesn't wake up in three turns.
But it doesn't always need Work-Up, it can also easily sweep Rock and Steel type Pokémon with a 90 base attack Wake-up Slap and a 37.5 base power Tail Slap can take out the other types, you just need to be lucky then that it hits more than 2 times.

Chimchar15
6th March 2011, 11:59 PM
Man this game is amazing! I'm only in Striaton City but I love it already. I'm about to get my free Pansage and it's off to train and then the gym battle. I love the depth that the cities and towns now have. When I saw route 2 from Accumula Town I was in awe. Then being on that strip of grass and seeing the wind blow through it damn. Nuvema Town has to be the most beautiful home town in any Pokemon game yet. The beginning was really good and I loved the way the characters were introduced. Well I'm off to play more.

XXD17
7th March 2011, 1:06 AM
I always put my opponent to sleep first before I use Work Up. But that is just beneficial about the moveset of mine Cinccino. And I just need to be lucky that my opponent doesn't wake up in three turns.
But it doesn't always need Work-Up, it can also easily sweep Rock and Steel type Pokémon with a 90 base attack Wake-up Slap and a 37.5 base power Tail Slap can take out the other types, you just need to be lucky then that it hits more than 2 times.

So it seems it's only walled by ghosts interesting...does it hold anything to increase sing's accuracy because I always throw out sing as a feasible move for most pokemon considering it barely ever works...

Blazios
7th March 2011, 1:11 AM
My Cinccino just had a basic Tail Slap/Bullet Seed/Rock Blast/Wake-Up Slap moveset.

CaptainCombusken
7th March 2011, 9:05 AM
I need to slow down on this game...
Chargestone Cave already is not great for just two days...

At least it's school again tomorrow, which is good. I'm probably going to do a lot of wild Pokemon training, catching Pokemon I don't have yet, etc... Probably battle one trainer a day to make sure it goes really nice and slowly. Maybe two.

I know; I can train up all the Pokemon who are currently boxed up! genius stroke there Proby! Nothing will make the game pass slower than me training each and very one of My Pokemon to high-ish levels. Right; new aim. Train all the Pokemon I currently have to Level 30 (Only One is higher, my boxed Excadrill). I've collected quite a few...

And yes, that third paragraph I did just make up on the spot XD.
Didn't people read my post?
I'd like some thoughts.

R_N
7th March 2011, 9:20 AM
Didn't people read my post?
I'd like some thoughts.

Thoughts on what?

Seemed to resolve your own problems as you posted. Have fun trying to resist the temptation

SasakiThePikachu
7th March 2011, 10:04 AM
I'm stuck at the second gym town (too early. brain not function. cannot recall eng names) waiting for someone to send me over some eggs to fill up the rest of my team... -___-

Minccino is getting some good reviews. I might consider training one when 'gray' comes out... (white team already planned)

hever
7th March 2011, 10:18 AM
Uhh so I caught an Audino, and I'm really digging her.

Kokoromori
7th March 2011, 10:49 AM
All ready two Pokemon dead. D;

falseswipe
7th March 2011, 1:21 PM
I'm stuck trying to catch a Throh in Black. Audino is way too common.

Dracoste
7th March 2011, 1:41 PM
So it seems it's only walled by ghosts interesting...does it hold anything to increase sing's accuracy because I always throw out sing as a feasible move for most pokemon considering it barely ever works...

It's currently holding a Silk Scarf.

I'm always lucky with low accuracy moves, like Fire Blast and even Sing. However, moves with 95% accuracy, like thunder fang, tend to hit less often than the enes with less accuracy, the game probably does that to annoy me...

But it won't be a bad idea to give it a Wide Lens.

Squirtlemasterr
7th March 2011, 2:08 PM
I was hoping to catch a Zorua. But I learned yesterday(when I bought the game) that you need to go to a Celebi event and trade it in the game. Kinda dissapointed about that. I won't even get my 3DS till the 27th so i'll probably never get it, but it's all good.

Tommyb2405
7th March 2011, 2:26 PM
training my Elgyem up at the moment... anyone know where the best place to train it up would be...

it's level 30 and knows Psybeam, Thunderbolt, Hidden Power and Imprison

Porygandrew
7th March 2011, 2:29 PM
training my Elgyem up at the moment... anyone know where the best place to train it up would be...

it's level 30 and knows Psybeam, Thunderbolt, Hidden Power and Imprison

Help thread is someplace else. Have you tried higher-leveled areas, considering the new XP formula?

Dracoste
7th March 2011, 3:19 PM
I'm in a weird cave, The Guidance Chamber, and a old man just told me a legend, on route 6, when Pokémon were still seperated from the humans, there was a war between humans, because of the war a fire started and the Pokémon were in peril, then the three legends Terrakion, Virizion en Cobalion apeared, Terrakion destroyed the rocks that blocked the escape route, Virizion used it's speed to control the flames and Cobalion led the Pokémon into safety.
After that they retreated themself into caves and still think that the Pokémon are seperated from the humans. And that old man wants that the character catch the Pokémon and show that the Pokémon can be friends with humans.

Man, the legendarys this gen really get some awesome backstorys/myths.

EDIT: I've just caught the Pokémon that was hiding in the cave, Cobalion. I caught it in one try with a Premier Ball:D.

Kreis
7th March 2011, 3:32 PM
Uhh so I caught an Audino, and I'm really digging her.

You're doing it wrong. You're supposed to only knock them out for exp. Duh.

Dracoste
7th March 2011, 3:42 PM
You're doing it wrong. You're supposed to only knock them out for exp. Duh.

Well I'm using one, and I have to say, they are very usefull, with their pretty high HP, Def and Sp. Def they are not that so easily KO'd. They also have decent attack and Sp. Atk.

But yes, they are very handy to level up fast, just give a Pokémon a Lucky Eeg, battle a Audino and it gets a load of exp points.

Mr.Munchlax
7th March 2011, 5:05 PM
I still haven't gotten my game yet. I ordered both versions back in January on Best Buy, and the order status is still "Order In Process of Being Fulfilled. Usually Ships In 1-2 Days". I know I'm over-reacting and I'm not expecting it to come in the mail today but it's just that I'll only be at the shipping destination by this Saturday and I saw how for some people, they had the same situation and it took 5-7+ days for their packages to be shipped so I'm a little worried the same thing will happen to me too

s2daam
7th March 2011, 5:25 PM
So I'm done. Just catching all the Pokémon I can now :D I must say.. Maractus is definately growing on me.. straight into my team. Without it it would be safe to say I wouldn't have got where I am now :P

Tommyb2405
7th March 2011, 9:09 PM
what are everyones feelings about Rotation battles...?

just had my first one... bloody hell they're weird xD

MagnetonNr1
7th March 2011, 9:23 PM

I like them, but unfortunately there are only like 3-5 rotation battles in-game.

Dracoste
8th March 2011, 12:11 AM

I have to say they are quite fun. But everytime I rotated, the opponent rotated in such way, that it let me in a disadvantage, until I managed to beat one of his Pokémon.
I also fought my friend in a rotation battle, you really need some skill and strategy to win these kinds of battles.

Snipehsheep
8th March 2011, 12:34 AM
I like them, but unfortunately there are only like 3-5 rotation battles in-game.

If i'm correct, thats only in white, and regular triple battles are more common in White.

It's the reverse for Black.

Sir-Aero
8th March 2011, 12:36 AM
Why can't Reshiram & Zekrom be shiny?

Ultimate Glalie
8th March 2011, 12:38 AM
Why can't Reshiram & Zekrom be shiny?There is a shiny check implemented by Game Freak which prevents them from being shiny.

lindsy95
8th March 2011, 1:21 AM
No one knows why they made the shines impossible to get, though.

I'm thinking a future event or to make the ingame cutscenes not weird.

BCVM22
8th March 2011, 1:28 AM
They didn't "make them impossible to get". Or rather they did, but the shinies don't exist to act as some sort of tease. They exist simply because that's proper and complete programming. The right way to do things is to program in complete fashion, even if some of those elements will never be accessed in normal gameplay, because debugging and other troubleshooting efforts that come up during development often take the developers outside the boundaries of normal gameplay and they can't have the in-development game crashing on them every time they go near a shiny Zekrom or a shiny Victini or what have you.

It is for this same reason that shinies of other Legendaries - Celebi, etc. - and stuff like the ???-type Arceus exist even though they're impossible to obtain in normal gameplay: simply because it's inefficient and incomplete to not include them in the programming.

Mario with Lasers
8th March 2011, 1:59 AM

Well, Virizion is green in the overworld and yet pink when shiny... And then there's Victini... I don't believe that's the reason.

UStrainer40137
8th March 2011, 2:03 AM

I'm also thinking a future event, anyone care to explain Cold Flare and Freeze Bolt?

lindsy95
8th March 2011, 2:21 AM
Well, Virizion is green in the overworld and yet pink when shiny... And then there's Victini... I don't believe that's the reason.

Cutscene=/=overworld sprite.
Wouldn't it be weird for the dragons to have epic cutscenes then being a different color than when you fight them? Although that doesn't apply to Victiny. -shrug.

They didn't "make them impossible to get". Or rather they did, but the shinies don't exist to act as some sort of tease. They exist simply because that's proper and complete programming. The right way to do things is to program in complete fashion, even if some of those elements will never be accessed in normal gameplay, because debugging and other troubleshooting efforts that come up during development often take the developers outside the boundaries of normal gameplay and they can't have the in-development game crashing on them every time they go near a shiny Zekrom or a shiny Victini or what have you.

It is for this same reason that shinies of other Legendaries - Celebi, etc. - and stuff like the ???-type Arceus exist even though they're impossible to obtain in normal gameplay: simply because it's inefficient and incomplete to not include them in the programming.

You took when I said impossible to literally, I'm aware that they are in the programming but impossible to get outside of hacking/possible events.