PDA

View Full Version : Official Pokemon Discussion Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55

Grey Wind
16th March 2011, 6:24 PM
I know this has nothing to do with anything, but I just want to state that if the third 5th gen pokemon game is called 'Twilight', I will throw myself under a train.

Yes, Unfezant's movepool is appalling. I planned to use one when I first set eyes on Pidove (awww! innit cute!!) because I have a wierd thing for using regional birds, even the crappy ones (looking at you, Pidgeot). But then I saw it's movepool. Ay caramba. I know its never going to learn close combat, but give the bird a chance, GF!

I can't believe the department store isn't available until so fudging late in these games. This is probably my only big complaint so far. I need carbos, dammit! It's annoying - by the time I reach the dept store, my pokemon will be so high levelled that the medicine won't have any effect...

Question - do you at least get a chance to heal/be healed between battling N and Ghetsis? I'm officially wigged out (buffy ref ftw!!) if you don't.
Buses work better than trains

Just use the feather things instead of vitimans. Thats what I did - although my Pokemon still ate the vits I gave them when I was there

elorasheppard
16th March 2011, 6:27 PM
Lots of romance and sparkling included.

And they change the playable characters to Edward and Bella, a pasty boy and a mousy girl :)

Wouldn't that be super! (note: sarcasm)

PokemonOwn
16th March 2011, 7:11 PM
lol, Twilight would be bad.

What's better, Blitzle, or Joltik?

Blitzle can be caught quite early on in the game, but let's see which is better?

At level 10, Biltzle will know Quick Attack, Tail Whip and Charge. Joltik will have Leech Life, Screech, T-Wave, String Shot and Spider Web. Joltik is easily better, because it has a better movepool at that point. At level 11, Blitzle will learn Shock Wave, and it will be it's main source of power for a while. At Level 12, Joltik will have learned Fury Cutter, and then, at 15, Electroweb, which is undeniably an awesome move.

Blitzle should learn T-Wave rather late, at level 15, while at 18, Joltik will have learned Bug Bite. At 18, Blitzle will learn Flame Charge, which will be it's best Fire type move. Joltik will learn Gastro Acid at level 23, and then Slash at 27. By that point, Biltzle will be a Zebstrika, and would have learned Pursuit and Spark, which will be Zebstrika's best move.

Joltik will get Electro Ball at level 29, which is awesome considering his speed stat. Zebstrika gets Stomp at 29, and Discharge at 33, Joltik learns Signal Beam (Awesomecake!) at level 34, and it evolves into Galuvanta at level 37. Zebstrika gets Wild Charge at 39, and Galuvanta gets Discharge at 45, and the Bug Buzz at 47.

IMO, I like Joltik better, because it's so cute, and I found Zebstrika quite lacking. What's your opinion?

MagnetonNr1
16th March 2011, 7:14 PM
IMO, I like Joltik better, because it's so cute, and I found Zebstrika quite lacking. What's your opinion?

Zebstrika... I don't like Joltik's design that much...

Poke_Mania97
16th March 2011, 7:27 PM
How is hydreigon pronounced? I say it like Hi-dra-gon. my friend says it as hi-drey-gi-on

GirlsILikeThem
16th March 2011, 7:28 PM
What do you guys think of the woman who has her husband's Pokemon use Wake-Up Slap on him to get him up?

Poke Mania9, I pronounce it hy-dry-gon.

seithecs
16th March 2011, 7:35 PM
How is hydreigon pronounced? I say it like Hi-dra-gon. my friend says it as hi-drey-gi-on

I want to say Hydreigon as Hy-Drey-Gon, but Deino, it's pre-evo, is pronounced Die-No, so maybe Hy-Dry-Gon? I prefer Hy-Drey-Gon rolls off the tongue better.

@GirlsILikeThem: I'd say she's getting double the bp. Wonder if she gets STAB too.

Poke_Mania97
16th March 2011, 7:37 PM
I want to say Hydreigon as Hy-Drey-Gon, but Deino, it's pre-evo, is pronounced Die-No, so maybe Hy-Dry-Gon? I prefer Hy-Drey-Gon rolls off the tongue better.

Its called Die-no? haha my friend calls it De-no!

anyway, he always tries to correct me, so im gonna correct him!

he called Zoroark Zo-roark, even though its pronounced Zorro ark

Dracoste
16th March 2011, 7:55 PM

I pronounce them just like how I've learned things in German Class.
So:
Hi-dry-gon and Die-no

But I'm not entirely sure about Zweilous.
If I pronounce it in the German way its "Tswy-lous" because a "Z" is pronounced as "ts" in German.

Mario with Lasers
16th March 2011, 8:11 PM
Die-no, Tsvy-lous (or is it Tswy-lous?), Hi-dry-gon.

GirlsILikeThem
16th March 2011, 8:22 PM
I'm abandoning Pignite for Darmanitan. I didn't really want Emboar anyway. Should have started with Oshawott, as I love Water Pokemon...but I thought there were enough other Water Pokemon in the game.

Hejiru
16th March 2011, 9:07 PM
So Deino is just pronounced like "dino"? As in dinosaur? Lame. :/

I like the german numbers incorporated into the names, and I love Hydreigon's name, but saying "Dino" just sounds weird. Couldn't they have incorporated "ein" some other way?

Seem
16th March 2011, 9:16 PM
lol, Twilight would be bad.

What's better, Blitzle, or Joltik?

Blitzle can be caught quite early on in the game, but let's see which is better?

At level 10, Biltzle will know Quick Attack, Tail Whip and Charge. Joltik will have Leech Life, Screech, T-Wave, String Shot and Spider Web. Joltik is easily better, because it has a better movepool at that point. At level 11, Blitzle will learn Shock Wave, and it will be it's main source of power for a while. At Level 12, Joltik will have learned Fury Cutter, and then, at 15, Electroweb, which is undeniably an awesome move.

Blitzle should learn T-Wave rather late, at level 15, while at 18, Joltik will have learned Bug Bite. At 18, Blitzle will learn Flame Charge, which will be it's best Fire type move. Joltik will learn Gastro Acid at level 23, and then Slash at 27. By that point, Biltzle will be a Zebstrika, and would have learned Pursuit and Spark, which will be Zebstrika's best move.

Joltik will get Electro Ball at level 29, which is awesome considering his speed stat. Zebstrika gets Stomp at 29, and Discharge at 33, Joltik learns Signal Beam (Awesomecake!) at level 34, and it evolves into Galuvanta at level 37. Zebstrika gets Wild Charge at 39, and Galuvanta gets Discharge at 45, and the Bug Buzz at 47.

I really don't suggest Zebstrika, while it can be useful early on, I just found it could barely take a hit at the harder stages later.

Besides, Joltik/Galuvanta are cuter, and have some good bug moves as well as electric.

MickHarford
16th March 2011, 9:28 PM
People's thoughts on the better ice Pokemon to raise, Vanillite or Cubchoo?

GaZsTiC
16th March 2011, 9:39 PM
Couldn't they have incorporated "ein" some other way?

That would be like pronouncing "one" like "un". Numbers really should never have their pronunciations changed.

Out of the Deino line, my favourite name, by far, is Zweilous. The anime are either going to **** it up or they will pronounce it correctly and have loads of kids going "WTF?"

R_N
16th March 2011, 9:45 PM

Vanillite, definitely.

Hejiru
16th March 2011, 9:45 PM
That would be like pronouncing "one" like "un". Numbers really should never have their pronunciations changed.

Out of the Deino line, my favourite name, by far, is Zweilous. The anime are either going to **** it up or they will pronounce it correctly and have loads of kids going "WTF?"

No no, I meant still pronouning it "ein" but without combining it with some other pun besides "dino"

So how is it pronounced? I do not know German, and I've been saying:
"Dye - no"
"Zwey - louse"
"High - drey - gon"

Is that incorrect?

Will-powered Spriter
16th March 2011, 10:04 PM
No no, I meant still pronouning it "ein" but without combining it with some other pun besides "dino"

"Dye - no"
"Zwey - louse"
"High - drey - gon"

Is that incorrect?

They ei is pronounced like eye.

The zw is pronounced like tzv.

PokemonOwn
16th March 2011, 10:05 PM

Why no Cryogonal?

Chubchoo is disgusting. Beartic has horrible speed. Vanillite has better speed, better stats, and has a better moveset.

Dracoste
16th March 2011, 10:09 PM
"Dye - no"
"Zwey - louse"
"High - drey - gon"

Is that incorrect?

Well, If you really want to pronounce it in the German way then it's about:
Die-no
Tswy-lous
Hi-dry-gon

rocky505
16th March 2011, 10:17 PM
Why no Cryogonal?

Chubchoo is disgusting. Beartic has horrible speed. Vanillite has better speed, better stats, and has a better moveset. Vanillite has a better moveset? The only special moves Vanillite gets are Weather Ball(Final form only) Uproar,Icy Wind, Mirror Shot, Ice Beam, and Blizzard by level up. While by TMs are Hidden Power,Hyper Beam(Final form only) round, frost breath, flash cannon. And by breeding are water pulse and powder snow. And cubchoo gets superpower(Beartic only) fury swipes, Slash, flail, Icicle Crash(Beartic) and thrash by level up. By TM's frustration, Return, Dig, Brick break, Rock tomb, Aerial ace, Facade, Fling, Shadow Claw, Giga Impact, Stone Edge, Bulldoze, Rock slide, Rock smash, Cut, Strength and Dive. Now by Breeding it gets Avalanche, Ice Punch, Night Slash, Assurance and Focus Punch. Movepool belongs to Cubchoo/Beartic for more variety. Another reason Cubchoo evolves earlier. And how is cubchoo disgusting he is freaking adorable! Yes I know Vanilluxe has 95 base in attack but it's only useful with Explosion and maybe Ice Shard.

Hejiru
16th March 2011, 10:24 PM
And how is cubchoo disgusting he is freaking adorable!

Snot.

10charmanders.

rocky505
16th March 2011, 10:27 PM
Snot.

10charmanders. Well Vanilluxe drools which is also disgusting.

Hejiru
16th March 2011, 10:29 PM
Well Vanilluxe drools which is also disgusting.

Drooling is nothing. Dripping snot from your nose (which the Pokedex constantly mentions) is quite disgusting.

Dracoste
16th March 2011, 10:32 PM
Drooling is nothing. Dripping snot from your nose (which the Pokedex constantly mentions) is quite disgusting.

The snot that hangs from its nose is the thing what makes it so adorable.
And Beartic's frozen snot beard just looks awesome.

abraxas
16th March 2011, 10:42 PM
The snot that hangs from its nose is the thing what makes it so adorable.
And Beartic's frozen snot beard just looks awesome!

Are snoty nosed kids cute? Kids can be cute. Cubs can be cute. Snoty nose versions of either, not so much. Cubchoo is cute when it kicks its little legs.

And Vanilluxe, drool? I'm not sure it actually drools, does it?

rocky505
16th March 2011, 10:56 PM
Are snoty nosed kids cute? Kids can be cute. Cubs can be cute. Snoty nose versions of either, not so much. Cubchoo is cute when it kicks its little legs.

And Vanilluxe, drool? I'm not sure it actually drools, does it? Yes Vanilluxe drools look on it's sugimori art at the left head and you can see it coming out of it's mouth.

abraxas
16th March 2011, 11:07 PM
Yes Vanilluxe drools look on it's sugimori art at the left head and you can see it coming out of it's mouth.

I did, and it's more of a dip in the mouth, which gives (somewhat) an illusion of it drooling, rather than it actually drooling, where as on Cubchoo, it's distinctly mucus.

Porygandrew
16th March 2011, 11:14 PM
Yes Vanilluxe drools look on it's sugimori art at the left head and you can see it coming out of it's mouth.

Both are disgusting and make me want to take a flamethrower darmanitan to both.

but I did think this was cute (http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a249/drew2u/Pokemon/152_5804.jpg)

R_N
16th March 2011, 11:22 PM
The drool is barely noticable on the Vanill family

The snot...isn't.

Dracoste
16th March 2011, 11:33 PM

Well yeah, real life version.
But in anime and games they become funny and cute.

For example:
Bo from Shin Chan is funny.
And Cubchoo looks cute with that big drip of snot hanging from its nose :3
But yeah, he does become more cute when he kicks those lil' legs^_^

But taste differs.

And it's quite funny the vanil line drools. We should be the ones to drool because of them.

KickAsh
17th March 2011, 2:30 AM
It's tough. Vanillite is a good special sweeper, Beartic is a good physical sweeper.
Beartic:
As physical moves, Beartic gets Icicle Crash and Thrash. And Beartic's Egg Moves aren't bad--Avalanche and Ice Punch for physical STAB, and Night Slash because hey, Night Slash. It also gets Sword Dance to raise it's already high base 110 Attack stat, and perhaps most impressively, it does get Surf and Dive for some awesome coverage.

Vanilluxe:
Vanilluxe has a base 110 Sp.Atk stat, which makes moves like Ice Beam and Blizzard hurt. And it's ability, Ice Body, restores HP in Hail, so get a teammate to use Hail and Vanilluxe gains back a little HP each turn, and it's most powerful attack, Blizzard, hits without fail. Your primary concern with Vanilluxe is a low base 85 Defense stat that is going to let Fighting-type moves destroy you. But Vanilluxe gets Acid Armor to boost Defense sharply, allowing you to survive longer. And Vanilluxe gets Flash Cannon for some coverage against other Ice-types. It also gets Magnet Rise as an Egg Move, which makes in invulnerable to Earthquake and other Ground-type attacks for 5 turns.

Toss-up. You decide.

Why no Cryogonal?
I don't know!!! Cryogonal is a beast, look at that movepool! Ice Beam at level 33? Yes, please. Reflect and Light Screen? Acid Armor? Recover? Damn.
It also gets Explosion, which a lot of people seem to think makes Vanilluxe great, and Flash Cannon for coverage. And its ability Levitate. I think the reason it doesn't get as much notice is because of it's rarity, and it's so-so great stats. Other than amazing Sp.Def and some nice Speed, there's not much to brag about. Its Attack and Defense is terrible, and its Sp.Atk is mediocre. It also gets no moves to boost Sp.Atk.
But bottom line: Cryogonal deserves way more credit. It's awesome, and while people waste their time with Vanilluxe and Beartic, I'm gonna be hunting for Cryogonal.

If I remember right, I took Hydreigon down with nothing more than Stunfisk's Mud Bomb. I might've used a Hyper Potion once or twice, but I never even brought Swanna to the field.
Ghetsis was really difficult. His Hydreigon was ridiculous. 2HKO Reshiram? Whattt?!!! The worst part was that its Focus Blasts kept hitting, and 1/3 of my team has a weakness to Fighting. Vanniluxe didn't even have a chance and Scrafty went down easily too. Apparently Ghetsis didn't get the memo that Focus Blast has 70 Accuracy.

LexSuicune
17th March 2011, 3:15 AM
I would go with Vanillite, I think the line is rather fun to raise.

Snipehsheep
17th March 2011, 4:14 AM
My Sawsbuck is amazing.

Lvl 46 Sawsbuck@Big Root
114 Attack
71 Defense
66 Sp. Atk
79 Sp. Def
97 Speed
Sap Sipper
Moves:
Jump Kick, Leech Seed, Horn Leech, Toxic.
Toxic + Leech Seed + Horn Leech (Physical Giga Drain) with Big Root allows him to stall great. Jump Kick is just to give my team a good fighting move. (I may be getting a Hihidaruma and replace Sawsbuck's Jump kick with Substitute, though)

Cobalt_Latios
17th March 2011, 4:17 AM
Ghetsis was really difficult. His Hydreigon was ridiculous. 2HKO Reshiram? Whattt?!!! The worst part was that its Focus Blasts kept hitting, and 1/3 of my team has a weakness to Fighting. Vanniluxe didn't even have a chance and Scrafty went down easily too. Apparently Ghetsis didn't get the memo that Focus Blast has 70 Accuracy.
Focus Blast only has 5 hits in it. You could have easily just spammed revives until it used them up, then resorted to hoping that your team could survive Fire Blast. At only 10 PP then, you could then hope he switch to Dragon Pulse, or something.

Or, outspeeding that thing. There's a few Pokemon that can learn speed boosting moves... of course, you'd have to set up beforehand.

Also, giving Mienshao a shot here. Pretty good movepool so far. May try and test a few TMs on it, since I haven't gotten the opportunity to do so. Any thoughts?

/CL

Snipehsheep
17th March 2011, 5:04 AM
I just caught Darumakka to try it out, and Jesus. That little ape massacres everything!

Iyashii
17th March 2011, 5:13 AM
Level 62? My entire party was Level 45 and I beat Ghetsis after stalling with Hyper Potions and getting his Hydreigon to Struggle itself to death.

Omfg.

I stalled with Gigalith,(Sturdy Body ftw), and Hyper Potions until it was only struggling.

Being on White, Zekrom couldn't get a hit on him.
Oddly enough my girlfriend on Black didn't have much trouble.

BW202
17th March 2011, 7:04 AM

So easy for me. Sent in Zebstrika to use Thunder Wave and weaken a bit with Return. After that, one Hi Jump Kick from Scrafty and he was done.

RedMage23
17th March 2011, 9:11 AM
I'm loving the new Pokemon. I didn't think I'd do this, but I'm going to make an entire team of purely Gen V Pokemon to supplement my current roster. It's probably gonna include Sawk, Musharna, Garbodor, Vanilluxe, Haxorus, and Excadrill. I may replace Vanilluxe with Carracosta, Beartic, or Zebstrika; I'm still deciding.

isshoni
17th March 2011, 10:30 AM
I am sure you remember it wrong, lol.

I don't think so. My Stunfisk had max hp and it had gained at least three levels from the E4 so I think Dragon Pulse only did around 50% damage. With max special attack Mud Bomb did a good deal of damage per hit and allowed Stunfisk to recover some crucial hp with Shell Bell making Hydreigon unable to 2HKO. I used that Hyper Potion on the third turn and then on the next proceeded to take the poor dragon out.

tombux
17th March 2011, 11:01 AM
It looks more like a leech to me...okay...perhaps just a itsy tiny bitsy bit

I can actually see it flying towards someonse face and keep stuck on it and then that guy screams "Get it off! Get it off! Get it off!" and then it gives an electric shock and flies aways^_^

i think its a baby lampray

Dracoste
17th March 2011, 11:41 AM
I don't think so. My Stunfisk had max hp and it had gained at least three levels from the E4 so I think Dragon Pulse only did around 50% damage. With max special attack Mud Bomb did a good deal of damage per hit and allowed Stunfisk to recover some crucial hp with Shell Bell making Hydreigon unable to 2HKO. I used that Hyper Potion on the third turn and then on the next proceeded to take the poor dragon out.

You do know that Hydreigon's ability is Levitate... So ground attacks can't hit it.

So I'm also sure you remember it wrong.

isshoni
17th March 2011, 12:30 PM
You do know that Hydreigon's ability is Levitate... So ground attacks can't hit it.

So I'm also sure you remember it wrong.

Omg, I meant Sludge Bomb of course! :D The funny thing is that just yesterday I bred and trained a Hydreigon for the subway and still didn't realize what I was saying. Anyway, I still beat it with Stunfisk, but just by using Sludge Bomb instead.

Pokemon Trainer Blue
17th March 2011, 1:36 PM
My Vanilluxe has around 133 Attack and 126 Special Attack due to all the Attack EVs this game gives you, and the nature it has...

Ehhh....

So it has Ice Beam AND Avalanche in its moveset right now...
I don't know...what do you think?

Grey Wind
17th March 2011, 2:02 PM
Did anybody else have awful trouble using Rufflet? Mine couldn't take down anything and couldn't take hits.... ugh I'm sooo glad he evolved today

Mario with Lasers
17th March 2011, 2:24 PM
Omg, I meant Sludge Bomb of course! :D The funny thing is that just yesterday I bred and trained a Hydreigon for the subway and still didn't realize what I was saying. Anyway, I still beat it with Stunfisk, but just by using Sludge Bomb instead.

Ah, Sludge Bomb, now it makes sense.

Wait, it learns Sludge Bomb and Surf but not Ice Beam... why thank you, Game Freak.

RalphyUK
17th March 2011, 2:35 PM
I have grown to like some of the new Pokemon. Although I do not like the legendary Pokemon much. I liked it when they looked simple, Imagine trying to draw some of the new ones, Id have difficulty even drawing a Ditto let alone a Garbodor.

srullic
17th March 2011, 2:43 PM
Does scrafty after one DD outspeeds Hydra? My team is around 53 and Im about to challange E4

PsnType
17th March 2011, 2:47 PM
If i want to kill, litwick for spatk it gives +1 in ev spot i attach Focus Bracelet or w/e its called would i gain 2? or 3? or 4? im curious... thanks in advance

Mario with Lasers
17th March 2011, 2:54 PM
Does scrafty after one DD outspeeds Hydra? My team is around 53 and Im about to challange E4

Try to set-up two or three DDs against Cofagrigus. The first move it uses is Toxic and the second one Protect so, if you have Shed Skin, you can switch in, use one DD and have... 51% chance of being auto-cured of Poison after these two turns. Then you can keep on with this (and maybe using an Antidote or two) until you get a couple more DDs and proceed to sweep Ghetsis.

The Eleventh
17th March 2011, 5:19 PM
Aaah! I really want to battle N and Ghetsis! But I'm only at Mistralton Cave. I won't rush, though, as I want to enjoy White to its fullest. :p

travisjb1990
17th March 2011, 5:28 PM
I love all the new Pokemon. They are so cool.They are all so awesome and very creative. They are all based on such cool things. They all look great too. They are my favorite generation of Pokemon.

PsnType
17th March 2011, 6:07 PM
If i want to kill, litwick for spatk it gives +1 in ev spot i attach Focus Bracelet or w/e its called would i gain 2? or 3? or 4? im curious... thanks in advance

PokemonOwn
17th March 2011, 6:24 PM

A Power Lens would give an extra 4 Sp Attack Evs for each one that you faint.

Dwebble/Crustle's performance in-game, anyone?

PsnType
17th March 2011, 6:34 PM
A Power Lens would give an extra 4 Sp Attack Evs for each one that you faint.

Dwebble/Crustle's performance in-game, anyone?

Wich = 5 right?

and something that normally gives 2, would be 6?

PokemonOwn
17th March 2011, 6:37 PM
Wich = 5 right?

and something that normally gives 2, would be 6?

Yes, it would.

Personally, is Deerling/Sawsbuck a good Grass type to use?

My other members will be:

Haxorus
Emboar
Swanna
Krookodile
Galuvlanta

Aurath8
17th March 2011, 8:15 PM
Cubchoo.

Vanniluxe has very deceiving stats. 120 base special attack and Ice Beam sounds good. However its special movepool consists of Ice Beam, Flash Cannon, Water Pulse, Weather Ball and Blizzard. Weather Ball is useless without weather, and the only one other than Hail that works is Rain making Water Pulse useless. Blizzard only works in Hail which (unless your team is full of ice types) hurts the rest of the team. Ice Body wont save you either. Flash Cannon along with Ice Beam are the only moves that fit on most sets. Rain hurts any Fire types as well, limiting options further.
Hidden Power works but loads of breeding is basically necessary for a good HP type and power.
I realise I've not acknowledged Light Screen and Acid Armour and othr defensive options. However, defensive ice types dont work with one useless resistance and four weaknesses to common types.
Beartic has Icicle Crash, Rock Slide, Brick Break, Superpower, Avalanche, Yawn, focus Punch and Hone Claws which gives it useful types with mamy supereffectives and something that Vanniluxe wants badly - options.

samurottwarrior
17th March 2011, 8:25 PM
Is anyone training an Archeops?

When i send it out in battle he moves around so much that i think my eyes are going to curl into the back of my head and its gonna gimme a seizure.

And if thats not bad enough there is a part in his animation where he starts flapping even FASTER....

I might have to switch him before he literally kills me O.o

shiny gible
17th March 2011, 8:52 PM
I'm training him haha he's cool and very strong. Anyways he's just flying is all =p doesnt bother me

ForeverFlame
17th March 2011, 8:55 PM
It's not as bad as Yanmega. Now I can see why Yanmega has Speed Boost... That thing is like a fighter jet.

Shadow Lucario
17th March 2011, 8:57 PM
Bisharp is now one of my favorite Pokemon. Not only does it have a decent speed, but it's pretty strong. On top of that he looks badass.

BW202
17th March 2011, 9:01 PM
^ Yes! Bisharp is my new favorite Pokemon...Typhlosion and Swampert have finally been surpassed.

LexSuicune
17th March 2011, 9:03 PM
What's the best dark type this gen?

Dracoste
17th March 2011, 9:13 PM

This gen got a lot of dark types than usual. So it depends on your own preferences.

But...
Zoroark has an nice unique ability.
Mandibuzz is a flying wall.
Scrafty also has high def and Sp. def stats.
Bisharp is the one with the highest attack stat(of this gen).
Hydreigon is the one with the highest Sp. Attack stat(of this gen).

BW202
17th March 2011, 9:16 PM

I'd say Scrafty. One Bulk Up and mine can take out teams with HJK.

rocky505
17th March 2011, 9:25 PM
This gen got a lot of dark types than usual. So it depends on your own preferences.

But...
Zoroark has an nice unique ability.
Mandibuzz is a flying wall.
Scrafty also has high def and Sp. def stats.
Bisharp is the one with the highest attack stat(of this gen).
Hydreigon is the one with the highest Sp. Attack stat(of this gen). Where's Krookodile and Liepard?

Dracoste
17th March 2011, 9:29 PM
Where's Krookodile and Liepard?

Krookodile don't have the need to be mentioned to be awesome.

Liepard has........errr.........high speed?

Redstars89
17th March 2011, 9:32 PM
Really Loving Carracosta. He is by far my favorite this Generation. Currently using a Curse set with Impish Nature 252HP evs and 252 Defense evs for tanking. One fantastic thing about his solid rock ability is that it helps makes up for points not allocated to special defense. Most grass moves for example tend to be special attacks so this gives him some chance to live. With its perfect HP IV of 31 this thing will have upwards of 440 HP total which is fantastic with his already great defense. Earthquake, the thing you think he would fear is not that bad when you factor his enormous defense stat and 25% reduction to super effective hits.

TsukiMirage
17th March 2011, 9:55 PM
Carracosta is awesome. So far it has yet to let me down. Not to mention it rocks in the Battle Subway.

rocky505
17th March 2011, 9:59 PM
I just noticed that we didn't get many Special Attacker Pokemon this gen. Most of them are psychic types and come after or right before the E4. We got too many physical pokemon.

Redstars89
17th March 2011, 10:07 PM
I just noticed that we didn't get many Special Attacker Pokemon this gen. Most of them are psychic types and come after or right before the E4. We got too many physical pokemon.

Something which makes Carracosta even better :)

Tinygreyalien
17th March 2011, 10:24 PM
i gotta say hydreigon is a beast, however i'm having trouble with the rest of my tem when it comes to the lvl 70+ elite 4

might be because of levels but i cant think of any good water types besides simipour and carracosta. and because of my dark type fetish and the overload of dark types in 5th gen i cant help but have 2 or more of them in my party

right now i got
zoroark, serperior, simipour, hydriegon, chandelure and excadrill all level 67. i cant get past the first person without spamming items. should i switch out some for others or stick :S i'm not sure

SasakiThePikachu
17th March 2011, 10:50 PM
might be because of levels but i cant think of any good water types besides simipour and carracosta. and because of my dark type fetish and the overload of dark types in 5th gen i cant help but have 2 or more of them in my party

^^ this.

I'm up to the 7th gym town, and I've encountered a serious lack of water types. If you didn't pick the water starter or obtain the water monkey, and if you don't like Tympole or want to wait for Tirtouga...well, you don't get a water type, sir.

Not until waaaay later...and then pretty much the only thing that's easy to find is Basculin (I never thought anything could annoy me as much as Magikarp, but if I see one more Basculin, that faint far-off exploding sound you hear will be me taking a shotgun to my DS).

I know they saturated (haha, sorry) the third and 4th gen with water types, but the choices this gen really suck butt. And where the eff do you mind Alomomola and Frillish?? Either they're rare, or they're just hiding on a route I haven't found yet.

Dracoste
17th March 2011, 10:55 PM
And where the eff do you mind Alomomola and Frillish?? Either they're rare, or they're just hiding on a route I haven't found yet.

Frillish is easily findable in Driftveil city(only Pokémon actually, not counting the surfing spots). Also on route 1 and 18. Alomomola is findable in the surfing spots. It's like the sea's Audino.

And I've heard alot of talk from every water Pokémon except from Swanna...

SasakiThePikachu
17th March 2011, 11:00 PM
Frillish is easily findable in Driftveil city(only Pokémon actually, not counting the surfing spots). Also on route 1 and 18. Alomomola is findable in the surfing spots. It's like the sea's Audino.

*salutes*

Cheers, Dracoste! To Driftveil I must fly!!

I can't find Alomomola...I've tried surfing everywhere accessible so far (up to Iccirrus) but I keep running into hordes of enthusiastic Basculin. No water spots when I actually need them ;___;

rocky505
17th March 2011, 11:02 PM

And I've heard alot of talk from every water Pokémon except from Swanna... I say Jellicent and Swanna are your best bets for a good surfer if you didn't choose Oshawott.

Dracoste
17th March 2011, 11:02 PM
*I can't find Alomomola...I've tried surfing everywhere accessible so far (up to Iccirrus) but I keep running into hordes of enthusiastic Basculin. No water spots when I actually need them ;___;

Just buy loads of max repels and surf around, eventually you will come across a water spot. I come across them alot when I'm running along the water coast actually.

GalladeX
17th March 2011, 11:03 PM
*salutes*

Cheers, Dracoste! To Driftveil I must fly!!

I can't find Alomomola...I've tried surfing everywhere accessible so far (up to Iccirrus) but I keep running into hordes of enthusiastic Basculin. No water spots when I actually need them ;___;

I find a lot on the water route outside Nuvema Town/Route 1, if that helps.

isshoni
17th March 2011, 11:25 PM

Swanna is the new Golduck, except with less options.

I can't find Alomomola...I've tried surfing everywhere accessible so far (up to Iccirrus) but I keep running into hordes of enthusiastic Basculin. No water spots when I actually need them ;___;Just buy loads of max repels and surf around, eventually you will come across a water spot. I come across them alot when I'm running along the water coast actually.

Or you could just save the money and run back and forth on the dry land and make surf spots appear that way. Then you can just use a simple repel and surf to the spot. That's how I fished for Milotic on Route 1. Most of the time I didn't even need those repels because the spots were like one step away from the shore.

Slowemperor
17th March 2011, 11:37 PM
Despite the fact that I love the lack of surfing (Tentacool annoy) if that means not having a good choice of water pokémon, which is one of my favourtie types, I'd rather have another Hoehn! I worked it out because I love Carracosta, who, I must say, is great.

Also on another note: Reuniclus is awsome. Not just visually, which is one of the best and most original psychic pokémon ever (his counterpart is not so much of my liking), it is also very viable in battle. In the start it was not great, but by the time I got to N I realised how much he was doing! I had mine with Shell Bell at the time but I'm getting a Life Orb which with Magic Guard is BAM!

abraxas
18th March 2011, 12:03 AM
Despite the fact that I love the lack of surfing (Tentacool annoy) if that means not having a good choice of water pokémon, which is one of my favourtie types, I'd rather have another Hoehn! I worked it out because I love Carracosta, who, I must say, is great.

Also on another note: Reuniclus is awsome. Not just visually, which is one of the best and most original psychic pokémon ever (his counterpart is not so much of my liking), it is also very viable in battle. In the start it was not great, but by the time I got to N I realised how much he was doing! I had mine with Shell Bell at the time but I'm getting a Life Orb which with Magic Guard is BAM!

The Panpour line, Tympole line, Basculin, Tirtouga line, Ducklett line, Frillish line, Alomomola are more than enough to cover any Water type need.
I went with Tirtouga, and it has been an amazing member of my party. Shell Smash once, and you can crush so many victims.

Slowemperor
18th March 2011, 12:08 AM
The Panpour line, Tympole line, Basculin, Tirtouga line, Ducklett line, Frillish line, Alomomola are more than enough to cover any Water type need.
I went with Tirtouga, and it has been an amazing member of my party. Shell Smash once, and you can crush so many victims.

I know the choice is not that bad, but
Panpour is not that good, I tried and it failed, I moved to touga.
Tympole is a matter of personal taste, I just don't like it.
Basculin is not very viable.
Ducklett is the same as Tympole, and also I took to much time to find it.
Frillish is my second choice, and 3rd favourite water (after touga and osha) from this gen. The typing is great and the visuals are original.
Alomomola I never actually looked at it seriously... I suppose it might do something.

Dareliisko
18th March 2011, 12:14 AM
I have a question about the Entralink, my friend went into my world and looked at the missions, and the 2 support missions he had were:

Prize Power S
and
Prize Power S In Return

whats the difference?

Dracoste
18th March 2011, 12:29 AM
I have a question about the Entralink, my friend went into my world and looked at the missions, and the 2 support missions he had were:

Prize Power S
and
Prize Power S In Return

whats the difference?

I don't think there is any difference. In both you transform into a Pokémon, your friend haves to catch you, when he do so, he gets the power-up.

R_N
18th March 2011, 12:34 AM

I don't know, man, I'd say Swanna's flying type gives it nice options that Golduck's movepool (which mostly consists of mediocre physical moves)

isshoni
18th March 2011, 1:10 AM
I don't know, man, I'd say Swanna's flying type gives it nice options that Golduck's movepool (which mostly consists of mediocre physical moves)

Yeah, it might have Roost, Tailwind, Air Slash, Hurricane and Brave Bird, but they'd still do things pretty much the same. I mean, they have very balanced and therefore rather mediocre stats so they can't do anything too special.

Although, it might be able to setup rain + tailwind and then hit with Hurricane before it's bye-bye-Swanna time. Still, I don't see much difference to Golduck when you look at it's attacking capabilities. It just has stab Air Slash/Hurricane over Golduck's Psychic and Focus Blast and nothing more.

Stat-wise Golduck has the upper hand and design-wise I love 'em both. Move pool goes to Swanna if you want a team player, whereas Golduck can make do by itself, also having those few physical options and Hone Claws or Calm Mind to give it more power.

Personally, I don't bother with Tailwind and I'm waiting for DW Politoed before I start planning rain strategies, so to me they'd function in a very similar manner.

SasakiThePikachu
18th March 2011, 2:02 AM

Or you could just save the money and run back and forth on the dry land and make surf spots appear that way. Then you can just use a simple repel and surf to the spot. That's how I fished for Milotic on Route 1. Most of the time I didn't even need those repels because the spots were like one step away from the shore.

Both good ideas, thank you. I guess it'll take a bit of patience; it just annoys the frig out of me that I can't get rid of Audino and Drilbur (and even the bloody elemental monkey trio keep popping up in shaking patches in the forest! rare my butt!!!) but the one pokemon I need to find in one of those speical spots, I can't find for love nor money.

I'm wondering...to anyone who didn't look at all the spoilers as these pokes were released...how excited are you everytime a new wild poke appears? I mean, I saw each and every spoiler and knew exactly what was coming and when, and I still practically wet myself everytime something new came out of the grass to attack me.

Game: Wild pokemon appeared!
Me: OMG OMG OMFG!! (In earth-shattering scream) It's So Cute! MUST CATCH IT

abraxas
18th March 2011, 2:09 AM
I'm wondering...to anyone who didn't look at all the spoilers as these pokes were released...how excited are you everytime a new wild poke appears? I mean, I saw each and every spoiler and knew exactly what was coming and when, and I still practically wet myself everytime something new came out of the grass to attack me.Game: Wild pokemon appeared!

You're not alone on that aspect. I've done it pretty much every step of the way. Walk into the grass, so and so appears, spaz out. Catch it, walk a bit more, and something else pops out. Spaz and catch. I'm pretty sure it has been bad on my heart. =P
I suppose it has something to do with finally being able to have it after seeing it for so long, knowing about it. And to be honest, post-game, I know I'll do the same thing with finding older Pokes that normally couldn't be found in their respective games.

KickAsh
18th March 2011, 3:02 AM

Where's Krookodile and Liepard?
Well we did get a lot of good Darks this gen...
The best Dark-type this gen is either Krookodile or Scrafty. Krookodile is really awesome, and Scrafty can 2HKO pretty much anything it touches after Dragon Dance+Hi Jump Kick.
But Hydreigon is good, too. So if you're looking to choose a Dark-type, it's pretty much preference.

Liepard sucks. :|

Is anyone training an Archeops?

Me. I have an Archen going right now, and it's at level 35.
Archen @ Eviolite
-Dragonbreath
-Crunch
-Acrobatics
-Agility
It's awesome. I was worried about Deafeatist (worst ability ever?), but after an Agility or two, Archen outspeeds everything (I trained in Wellspring Cave, against other level 35 'mons), and then after the speed boosts, it can attack and attack HARD. Acrobatics has 2HKO everything so far and Crunch and Dragonbreath just devastate everything.
I plan on breeding for a shiny Archen with Dragon Claw later on.

I'm wondering...to anyone who didn't look at all the spoilers as these pokes were released...how excited are you everytime a new wild poke appears? I mean, I saw each and every spoiler and knew exactly what was coming and when, and I still practically wet myself everytime something new came out of the grass to attack me.

Game: Wild pokemon appeared!
It was exactly like this for me. There were a handful Pokemon I didn't know about because they are at the bottom of Serebii's 5th Generation Pokemon page, and I just never scrolled down that far, or I simply skipped over them. These included Elektross and his line, Durant, and Elgyem + Beheeyem. When I first saw Durant in Victory Road, I think I may have pooped my pants. Of all Pokemon to be unaware of until during the game, Durant may be the best. It's soooo cool.
And when I encountered Tynamo in Chargestone Cave, I had a similar reaction. I clutched my DSi impossibly tight and made a face equivalent to a monkey who was being presented with a truckload of bananas.

might be because of levels but i cant think of any good water types besides simipour and carracosta.
Frillish-->Jellicent. Problem solved. It's a reliable special wall (it also gets Recover and Water Absorb), and that Water/Ghost typing is nice.
But what's wrong with Carracosta?

Johto King
18th March 2011, 3:35 AM
Was anyone dissapointed in this game? I just beat the game today and thought it was.....meh. The 3-d graphics were cool, but half the gym leaders look really bizzare... And the pokemon in this game weren't to great either. There was a hand full of ones I really liked but bisides that I was dissapointed. I'll finish the post game but after that I'm going back to soul silver just cause it's probably the beat pokemon game I have ever played. Maybe I'll get into 5th gen when smogon releases it's 5 th gen move strats but I won't be using any 5th gens. Opinions??

smashbro77
18th March 2011, 3:40 AM
Was anyone dissapointed in this game? I just beat the game today and thought it was.....meh. The 3-d graphics were cool, but half the gym leaders look really bizzare... And the pokemon in this game weren't to great either. There was a hand full of ones I really liked but bisides that I was dissapointed. I'll finish the post game but after that I'm going back to soul silver just cause it's probably the beat pokemon game I have ever played. Maybe I'll get into 5th gen when smogon releases it's 5 th gen move strats but I won't be using any 5th gens. Opinions??

are you serious???? i really find the new gen pokemon really cool and even if you dont like them you have to admit a lot of them are good competitive-wise. also if you get bored try the battle subway, from what i heard its actually pretty realistic (at least compared to the old battle towers) and you can always try random matchup on wifi.

Pseudo-Unlegendary
18th March 2011, 3:44 AM

For one, this is moderately off topic on this thread, since it is in regards of the pokemon. But going with the pokemon comment you had, they have grown on me like crazy and in my long history with pokemon this is the first game where I have legitimately wanted to catch them all.

abraxas
18th March 2011, 3:52 AM
Keeping on the same train of thought, it was the Pokemon that made this game so refreshing to me, and much like Pseudo-Unlegendary, had me wanting to catch every one, every stage.

BW202
18th March 2011, 3:56 AM

Weird gym leaders? Hmm all I see are Burgh and Brycen being weird. At least you can see personality in them unlike early generations. As for not liking the Pokemon, not really sure, I have an opposite opinion only disliking like 5-10% of them. I mean especially after the mediocre Sinnoh, this was a great game. It has definitely been my favorite generation with Hoenn in second and Johto closely behind that (only because of Typhlosion). I'm gonna guess it's nostalgia for you seeing your name.

Pseudo-Unlegendary
18th March 2011, 3:57 AM
One thing, I was annoyed with names on two occasions.

1. Cofagrigus, the wifi problem is silly little trivia but it needs correction.
2. Braviary, I loved its japanese name (Wargle) so much that I was considering it for my team, and then its english name is Braviary and I'm just like, "I'm so glad I chose Black so I don't have to waste poke balls on him".

Kariachi
18th March 2011, 3:58 AM
My level 53 Throh nearly got himself killed by a level 36 Deino. Holy shizznits. Are all the cute pokemon this gen stronger than all hedge?! *goes to train the one she caught*

R_N
18th March 2011, 4:03 AM

2. Braviary, I loved its japanese name (Wargle) so much that I was considering it for my team, and then its english name is Braviary and I'm just like, "I'm so glad I chose Black so I don't have to waste poke balls on him".

What's wrong with Braviary as a name?
And it's not like you couldn't just nickname it...

abraxas
18th March 2011, 4:05 AM

The whole Cofagrigus fiasco is awful. Not that it has any real impact on me, but, still. Really? I wonder if it gets fixed, how long before it even happens?
And, yes, some of the English names were just sad. Such as Krokorok from Waruvile. Waruvile seemed great. Krokorok even looks odd as a name.

Pokemon Trainer Blue
18th March 2011, 4:09 AM
I'm starting to hate the GTS. It's a given that people will always troll, but honestly, they don't even get to see a reaction. A level 9 or under Zekrom for your Sawsbuck? A level 100 Seperior for your Cryogonal?

The GTS needs much improvement. Trading pokemon over it is still a pain sincd last gen.

Sabonea_Masukippa
18th March 2011, 4:10 AM
And, yes, some of the English names were just sad. Such as Krokorok from Waruvile. Waruvile seemed great. Krokorok even looks odd as a name.

Ditto, Geodude, Golem, Haunter, Koffing, Mr. Mime, Wigglytuff, and so on and so on.

Also, Waruvile means literally Badvile, or maybe Evile (if you want to be a little looser in translation). It's no 'better' a name than Krokorok. And while I'm here (in case there's anyone who's mistaken) it would be pronounced Wa-ru-vail, not War-u-vile.

R_N
18th March 2011, 4:11 AM
And Waruvile doesn't look odd as a name?
And what makes it so much better than Krokorok

Also I dare you to deny the fun in saying "Krokorok"

BW202
18th March 2011, 4:16 AM

I may be the only one who was glad that it didn't stay as Wargle. It's just so lame compared to Braviary. I mean a simple two syllable name for such an awesome Poke.

Johto King
18th March 2011, 4:19 AM
Weird gym leaders? Hmm all I see are Burgh and Brycen being weird. At least you can see personality in them unlike early generations. As for not liking the Pokemon, not really sure, I have an opposite opinion only disliking like 5-10% of them. I mean especially after the mediocre Sinnoh, this was a great game. It has definitely been my favorite generation with Hoenn in second and Johto closely behind that (only because of Typhlosion). I'm gonna guess it's nostalgia for you seeing your name.

Not to Seem too negative I did enjoy going though the game and seeing the unique routes and caves. Plus I loved how you battled your rivals a dozen or so times. Idk if it was my team that kinda dragged on me cause I couldn't get my 2nd member till the 5th gym. But I must admit I am biased to the nostagia of the old games :P. I guess I need to finish the post game and play some competetive play before I give this game a final say.

abraxas
18th March 2011, 4:23 AM
Ditto, Geodude, Golem, Haunter, Koffing, Mr. Mime, Wigglytuff, and so on and so on.

Also, Waruvile means literally Badvile, or maybe Evile (if you want to be a little looser in translation). It's no 'better' a name than Krokorok. And while I'm here (in case there's anyone who's mistaken) it would be pronounced Wa-ru-vail, not War-u-vile.

It's really not even a matter of being a better name or not; it's mostly just on personal preference. The name doesn't put a damper on the Pokemon. A rose by any other name, yeah?

And Waruvile doesn't look odd as a name?
And what makes it so much better than Krokorok

Also I dare you to deny the fun in saying "Krokorok"

Pffft! Haha! Well, yeah, it's odd, too, but, to me, just not as much as Krokorok.
And, yes, I won't deny the fun it saying the name. ;x

R_N
18th March 2011, 4:25 AM
Although I will say I have no idea of the second part of the name.
It reminds me of octoroks, but I imagine that wasn't the intent what with sharing nothing in common.

JoshR
18th March 2011, 4:56 AM
I kinda wish I had my Smeargle before fighting Zekrom and Reshiram. It sure would be awesome to have a Smeargle with fusion bolt and fusion flare!

palapala
18th March 2011, 5:28 AM
I'm starting to hate the GTS. It's a given that people will always troll, but honestly, they don't even get to see a reaction. A level 9 or under Zekrom for your Sawsbuck? A level 100 Seperior for your Cryogonal?

The GTS needs much improvement. Trading pokemon over it is still a pain sincd last gen.

Want to trade me reshiram/zekrom for my lv31 solosis?

Yea, seriously... why people even put up offer like that? No one is going to make that trade, unless it is a hacked one... maybe someone should just trade hacked pokemon (that would corrupt their file) to them in a wide spread fashion to make these people fear unfair trade.

JoshR
18th March 2011, 6:00 AM
Whats the big deal with Reshirams lv 9 and under anyway? Maybe they want a hacked one because they think it will be shiny. And with the GTS negotiations... Half the people think that the pokemon must be lv 100 or legendary to be "Fair Trade". The most fair trades I've made were between my karrablast for thier shelmet and vice-versa.

Rakurai
18th March 2011, 6:05 AM
I find a good amount of reasonable trades so long as I'm not searching for a legendary Pokemon, and I refine the search as much as possible.

It can be a fairly reliable way to get Pokemon with high IVs and/or egg moves if you search for level 10 and under Pokemon that are popular on the competitive scene (Like Gible and Deino).

R_N
18th March 2011, 6:06 AM
I basically ignore the main GTS. It works wonderfully when you put something up.
The trick is that so long as it's fair, it will go through very quickly. It's probably why you don't see a lot of fair/reasonable trades when you search: the good ones are taken up quickly.

Like seriously I've probably used the GTS to get a solid 20 Pokemon, and never had to wait that long for the trade to be successful by putting them up.

Missingno. Master
18th March 2011, 6:17 AM
I've gotten good Pokemon off the regular GTS. Like a Mystery Egg Axew, for example. It is now, by the way, a level 100 fully EV-trained Haxorus, which kicks some major *** over random wifi.

palapala
18th March 2011, 6:28 AM
It's probably why you don't see a lot of fair/reasonable trades when you search: the good ones are taken up quickly.

QFT

imo it is way easier to put up an offer to trade than to seek.

BW202
18th March 2011, 6:30 AM
Although I will say I have no idea of the second part of the name.
It reminds me of octoroks, but I imagine that wasn't the intent what with sharing nothing in common.

Is it not Croco + Rock to sort of go with its type?

Onyx Umeki
18th March 2011, 6:39 AM
I love the GTS negotiations. Sometimes you get idiots but a lot of them I get legit people.

Got a shiny tangela for my shiny spearow.
Got a shiny oddish for my shiny tangela.
Got a shiny growlithe for a hydreigion i got over the regular Gts xD

I hate the random wi fi battling too.. xDD So many Yanmegas and Volcanronas and Garchomps

R_N
18th March 2011, 7:03 AM
Is it not Croco + Rock to sort of go with its type?

I guess, but usually they don't mix rocks with unrelated ground types

MasterKenobi
18th March 2011, 7:06 AM
I'm starting to have Pokemon White withdrawal. Hopefully I Will have sometime to play a bit later, but I ended after DriftVeil City...

Missingno. Master
18th March 2011, 7:06 AM
I hate the random wi fi battling too.. xDD So many Yanmegas and Volcanronas and Garchomps

So bring stuff with Stealth Rock and Ice moves.

Dracoste
18th March 2011, 1:19 PM

I agree, and Cofagrigus isn't the only Pokémon who suffers from this.
From what I know Marshtomp and Skuntank also can't be traded over GTS without nickname.

44Silver4
18th March 2011, 2:33 PM
hey i dont know if this is going off topic but this is to discuss pokemon so heres my question
what is the best grass pokemon you can get in white?

MetalFlygon08
18th March 2011, 3:45 PM

I've noticed, a lot of people are going to start seeing the practicality of tiers now, since only mainstream legendaries are banned,

I've battled a few people who cheat, a few who PokeSaved their teams, a few who just are on for fun, and a few who are playing with their ingame team and lead with a level 20 liepard.

funny thing is, the pokesavd teams are the ones who allways DC when their shakey accuracy move misses, or they guess wrong on a zoroak illusion.

SasakiThePikachu
18th March 2011, 4:41 PM
I agree, and Cofagrigus isn't the only Pokémon who suffers from this.
From what I know Marshtomp and Skuntank also can't be traded over GTS without nickname.

Ok Cofragigus I at least understand, but why would un-nicknamed Marshtomp or Skuntank be banned? I can't see how they're potentially offensive in any way...

I'd use my in-game too in a random wifi battle because they kick butt but I wouldn't lead with a level 20 liepard :3

@Metalflygon - that's usually because, ime, pokesavd teams are trained by cowardly, cheating losers...

Hydrogen
18th March 2011, 4:52 PM
I wish that they would take all unobtainable offers off of the GTS. People seeking "Reshiram Lv 9 and under" are blocking my search for a Zekrom and other pokemon. :(

ZeoViolet
18th March 2011, 4:57 PM
Nothing surprised me more when I activated Repel with a level-31 head pokemon....and yet still somehow ran into a fully-evolved Leavanny at level 25. I've never seen that happen before!

Dracoste
18th March 2011, 5:28 PM
Nothing surprised me more when I activated Repel with a level-31 head pokemon....and yet still somehow ran into a fully-evolved Leavanny at level 25. I've never seen that happen before!

You probably ran into shaking grass, repels don't affect shaking grass.

Ok Cofragigus I at least understand, but why would un-nicknamed Marshtomp or Skuntank be banned? I can't see how they're potentially offensive in any way...
Marshtomp, Skuntank

ZeoViolet
18th March 2011, 5:59 PM

Marshtomp, Skuntank

Perhaps. But the only pokemon so far that I've seen come out of shaking grass was Audino, which can be...anywhere, really. Interesting. I had heard fully evolved pokemon like Poliwrath (for the first time ever) could be fished from bubbling water, though. Maybe this was the same sort of thing.

Grey Wind
18th March 2011, 6:05 PM

Marshtomp, Skuntank
Thats... thats ridiculous 0.o Why did NoA do that?

MagnetonNr1
18th March 2011, 6:05 PM
Perhaps. But the only pokemon so far that I've seen come out of shaking grass was Audino, which can be...anywhere, really. Interesting. I had heard fully evolved pokemon like Poliwrath (for the first time ever) could be fished from bubbling water, though. Maybe this was the same sort of thing.

Well - you can also find fully evolved Pokés in shaking grass.
e.g. I found a Stoutland
You can also find the other Basculin forme in the bubbling water.
In Black you find the blue forme, which you can normally only catch in White version.
And the other way around

Dracoste
18th March 2011, 6:11 PM

Audino is findable in every shaking grass. On some routes there is a change to see other Pokémon, for example
Pinwheel forrest outside: Sawk/Throh 5%
Pinwheel forrest inside: monkey trio each 10%

Slowemperor
18th March 2011, 6:52 PM
Where are you guys grinding your pokés? Post-E4 routes have well leveled trainers but they are not refightable... That might be a rather major post-game flaw in BW.

I recently fell in love with the Bisharp/Golurk duality. I love both design individually and the way they contrasts both type-wise and aesthetic-wise.

DarumakkaImposter
18th March 2011, 7:03 PM
Where are you guys grinding your pokés? Post-E4 routes have well leveled trainers but they are not refightable... That might be a rather major post-game flaw in BW.

I recently fell in love with the Bisharp/Golurk duality. I love both design individually and the way they contrasts both type-wise and aesthetic-wise.

im training in giant chasm

PokemonOwn
18th March 2011, 7:16 PM
Who used Foongus/Amoonguss in their game?

Rentaline99
18th March 2011, 8:30 PM
QFT

imo it is way easier to put up an offer to trade than to seek.

Exactly. I put out a legit offer and get a trade reply in less than an hour.

Cobalt_Latios
19th March 2011, 1:01 AM
hey i dont know if this is going off topic but this is to discuss pokemon so heres my question
what is the best grass pokemon you can get in white?
Petilil. Evolve into Liligant, and you also have the second most broken Pokemon in the game.

No joke.

/CL

bippacooleth
19th March 2011, 1:10 AM
Petilil. Evolve into Liligant, and you also have the second most broken Pokemon in the game.

No joke.

/CL

I loooooooooooove Lilligants.

Seriously, my one has replaced Samurott as my starter pokemon in my heart. Definitely the one to go for - I beat Caitlin's Sigilyth with my Lilligant, as well as Ghetis' Bisharp and half of N's team xD

Electric
19th March 2011, 1:37 AM
This hasn't even been said on this thread yet, but Durant is also the name of some pro basketball player in the US o_0

Nice, but nobody cares about the NBA, only NCAA BRACKETS!!!!!!!!!!!

Does anyone else get pretty annoyed when you are in a triple/rotational battle against someone with the 3 Elemental Monkeys?

DarumakkaImposter
19th March 2011, 3:02 AM
This hasn't even been said on this thread yet, but Durant is also the name of some pro basketball player in the US o_0

Nice, but nobody cares about the NBA, only NCAA BRACKETS!!!!!!!!!!!

Does anyone else get pretty annoyed when you are in a triple/rotational battle against someone with the 3 Elemental Monkeys?

i hate that!

who likes the emboar evo. line?

BW202
19th March 2011, 3:21 AM
i hate that!

Me, me, me!!!

I know people have disliked it because of the ugliness and bulkyness, but IMO it is one of the most masculine lines ever, especially Emboar.

What about the Pawniard line? My new favorite Pokemon is Bisharp, he's so badass. What's you guys' opinion?

DarumakkaImposter
19th March 2011, 3:33 AM
Who used Foongus/Amoonguss in their game?

i did for about a week on my JP white. it was useless though

Me, me, me!!!

I know people have disliked it because of the ugliness and bulkyness, but IMO it is one of the most masculine lines ever, especially Emboar.

What about the Pawniard line? My new favorite Pokemon is Bisharp, he's so badass. What's you guys' opinion?

i couldnt wait for the games to comeout last year. i was so excited to get Bisharp

Nostalgic Hybrid
19th March 2011, 3:33 AM
Me, me, me!!!

I would include him in my team but I already have a team of six I like. Too many Pokemon I like this gen.

Reminds me of something from Megaman though.

hoody2222
19th March 2011, 3:34 AM
EDIT: im sorry for what i said. i was very angry because i couldnt find good pokesmon to put on my team. anyway, i actullay found beartic very interesting

Hejiru
19th March 2011, 3:35 AM
i think all the pokemon suck. im returing my white. musharna is ugly but. an ice cream cone? really. shame on u nintendo

Troll harder.

BW202
19th March 2011, 3:41 AM
i think all the pokemon suck. im returing my white. musharna is ugly but. an ice cream cone? really. shame on u nintendo

Obvious troll is obvious. Report and move on. (Wow you'd think I was on Bungie or something)

Nostalgic Hybrid
19th March 2011, 3:42 AM

Good to know that you signed-up just to say that.

DarumakkaImposter
19th March 2011, 3:49 AM

youd really join to say that? what a waste of words.

so who likes cubcoo and beartic? i personally like them

Chimchar15
19th March 2011, 3:56 AM

I do. Beartic is amazing especially against dragons. Love the guy.

BW202
19th March 2011, 3:59 AM

Well Cubchoo passes Teddiursa in cuteness. Don't really like Ursarang (sp?), so boring, and Beartic's ice beard is pure awesomeness.

This is fun so...Trubbish line? Trubbish is cute as can be, but I can't warm up to Garbodor, he's so weird. I mean what's up with his mouth XD. He's one of the very few I dislike this generation.

KickAsh
19th March 2011, 4:06 AM
Meeee. I love them all. Tepig is adorable, Pignite is just so cool, and Emboar's arms are a little bit awkward but otherwise I really like it.

I would include him in my team but I already have a team of six I like. Too many Pokemon I like this gen.
I have anxiety issues over what Pokemon to use. I like so many 'mons this gen.

http://antbag.com/images/troll_spray.jpg

Second? What would you say is the most broken? Hydreigon?

Bisharp is so badass, agreed. My favorite Pokemon is Accelgor. Talk about badass. He's not the most powerful Pokemon ever, but I love it's design so much. He's just so cool. The crossed arms, the billowing cape, the ridiculous Speed, and the fact that he floats...yes I do really love Accelgor. Honorable mention to Thundurus (look at that Sugimori art), Zoroark, Krookodile, and Pansear.

I do. Cubchoo is adorable, and Beartic is like Ursaring except much cooler. Icicle beards FTW.
Although for my Ice-type I'm using a Cloyster or maybe Cryogonal if I can find one.

DarumakkaImposter
19th March 2011, 4:08 AM
Well Cubchoo passes Teddiursa in cuteness. Don't really like Ursarang (sp?), so boring, and Beartic's ice beard is pure awesomeness.

This is fun so...Trubbish line? Trubbish is cute as can be, but I can't warm up to Garbodor, he's so weird. I mean what's up with his mouth XD. He's one of the very few I dislike this generation.

yes to teddiursa

meh....it took me a while to get that trubbissh was a garbage bag that was ripped. its like gardobor is gonna grind your pokmone up if he gets ahold of it with his mouth XD

Bisharp is so badass, agreed. My favorite Pokemon is Accelgor. Talk about badass. He's not the most powerful Pokemon ever, but I love it's design so much. He's just so cool. The crossed arms, the billowing cape, the ridiculous Speed, and the fact that he floats...yes I do love Accelgor. Honorable mention to Thundurus (look at that Sugimori art), Zoroark, Krookodile, and Pansear.

eehhh....accelgor is pretty good but i like escavalier alot better

KickAsh
19th March 2011, 4:19 AM
eehhh....accelgor is pretty good but i like escavalier alot better
I like the mystique and agility of Accelgor to the bluntness of Escavalier. Accelgor has the whole ninja vibe going. But yeah Escavalier is cool.

Despite the fact that Trubbish is a trash bag, I want to hug it, so cuteness points to it. But Garbodor, despite having some of the coolest biological abilities ever
(http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Garbodor) still alienates me. It's just that design.

Let's keep this going: Thoughts on this gen's fossil Pokemon, Tirtouga-->Carracosta and Archen-->Archeops, anyone?

Onyx Umeki
19th March 2011, 4:19 AM
I adore Cubchoo so much. On my Black game, I traded over 6 eggs to re go threw the game with and He is in there. So adorable how he sucks his little icicle booger up and flails his feet around xDD

I agree that Lilligant is awesome. Sleep powder and Quiver dance + Own tempo petal dance is utter rape.

DarumakkaImposter
19th March 2011, 4:22 AM
I like the mystique and agility of Accelgor to the bluntness of Escavalier. Accelgor has the whole ninja vibe going. But yeah Escavalier is cool.

Despite the fact that Trubbish is a trash bag, I want to hug it, so cuteness points to it. But Garbodor, despite having some of the coolest biological abilities ever
(http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Garbodor) still alienates me. It's just that design.

Let's keep this going: Thoughts on this gen's fossil Pokemon, Tirtouga-->Carracosta and Archen-->Archeops, anyone?

yah. accelgor really does look likee a ninja

BW202
19th March 2011, 5:00 AM

Oh, definitely best ones imo. The only generation that I've liked both fossil lines. Don't like Omanyte line, Kabuto, Lileep line, Shieldon line. Both lines this gen are great aesthetically and are pretty great competively also. Archeops is one of my favorites.

DarumakkaImposter
19th March 2011, 5:03 AM
Oh, definitely best ones imo. The only generation that I've liked both fossil lines. Don't like Omanyte line, Kabuto, Lileep line, Shieldon line. Both lines this gen are great aesthetically and are pretty great competively also. Archeops is one of my favorites.

kabuto is ok. lileep and shieldon?... well, ill have to agree with you on this one

BCVM22
19th March 2011, 5:05 AM
Thoughts on this gen's fossil Pokemon, Tirtouga-->Carracosta and Archen-->Archeops, anyone?

Archen/Archeops reminds me a lot of Cranidos/Rampardos in that it's a glass cannon: somewhat decent attack with a very diverse moveset, but limited ability to take a hit.

abraxas
19th March 2011, 5:05 AM
Yeah, I really like the fossils this gen., mostly Tirtouga. Lurvs me a turtle. =3 This makes the only Gen. in which I've made it a point to use a fossil Poke, as a matter of fact.

KickAsh
19th March 2011, 5:09 AM
Yeah I agree the only fossils I've really liked up until now were Armaldo and Aerodactyl. But now Carracosta and Archeops are here, and they are the best fossils for a gen ever imo. Both are really awesome, but I do like Archeops a little better. And the best part is, yes, they are viable competitively, something unusual for a fossil Pokemon.

Archen/Archeops reminds me a lot of Cranidos/Rampardos in that it's a glass cannon: somewhat decent attack with a very diverse moveset, but limited ability to take a hit.
Yeah Archeops' 75/65/65 defenses paired with Defeatist is a sweeper's wet dream. :/ At least Archeops gets Dragon Tail to deal with things that would destroy it.
Rampardos is worse. Lower defenses, and a much lower Speed stat don't let it get much done.
So yes, glass cannons.

Aquarelle
19th March 2011, 5:42 AM
Yeah, I really like the fossils this gen., mostly Tirtouga. Lurvs me a turtle. =3 This makes the only Gen. in which I've made it a point to use a fossil Poke, as a matter of fact.

I really like Tirtouga as well. I find it so cute and when I first saw one, I immeditely wanted one.

I don't really like how it's a water/rock type, just like the Kabuto and Omanyte lines, though. I was hoping for more originality in the typings of the fossils. But, oh well, it doesn't really matter.

Also, I noticed how the Archen line is flying/rock type, just like Aerodactyl. This means that the fossil Pokemon in gen 5 have the same typings as the first generation fossil Pokemon. I wonder if this was intentional?

Cobalt_Latios
19th March 2011, 5:57 AM
Yeah I agree the only fossils I've really liked up until now were Armaldo and Aerodactyl. But now Carracosta and Archeops are here, and they are the best fossils for a gen ever imo. Both are really awesome, but I do like Archeops a little better. And the best part is, yes, they are viable competitively, something unusual for a fossil Pokemon.
I have to say, that despite Tirtouga and Carracosta being ancient turtles, I do rather prefer Archen and Acheops for being, well, Archeopteryx's; a fossil concept that hadn't been done yet.

And for that little bit of "obscurity" (it's not, but I don't know that many people who readily know what it is), I give it that.

Yeah Archeops' 75/65/65 defenses paired with Defeatist is a sweeper's wet dream. :/ At least Archeops gets Dragon Tail to deal with things that would destroy it.
Rampardos is worse. Lower defenses, and a much lower Speed stat don't let it get much done.
So yes, glass cannons.
The whole idea is that it has a great enough Speed stat with a high enough Attack stat to get in a powerful hit as quickly as possible before being taken out. It's all about how you use it.

Also, I rather liked the Lileep line. Sure was something unusual. Granted, I preferred Cradily, but still. Tried Armaldo later on though.

Second? What would you say is the most broken? Hydreigon?
Volcarona is first, because of Quiver Dance. Yes, being able to increase Speed, Special Defense, and Special Attack can lead to it being very painful. Hydreigon can learn Dragon Dance, but seeing as it mostly has a better use of it's Special stat, I don't consider it much of an issue (and, you could always just chuck something that could absorb most of it's hits anyways). Put it this way, Quiver Dance alone makes both Liligant and Volcarona "broken", so to speak (not only that, but they have roughly the same stats... well, sort of).

Haxorus and Chandelure would be there... if it weren't for the fact that their speed stats aren't pretty.

edit: What are people's thoughts on Mienshao? For a fighter, it has some great Speed and Attack, and it even gets a pretty nice movepool. U-Turn, Bounce, Jump Kick, Drain Punch, Hi Jump Kick... and the TMs it learns are quite impressive. Glad I decided to train one.

/CL

BW202
19th March 2011, 6:22 AM
edit: What are people's thoughts on Mienshao? For a fighter, it has some great Speed and Attack, and it even gets a pretty nice movepool. U-Turn, Bounce, Jump Kick, Drain Punch, Hi Jump Kick... and the TMs it learns are quite impressive. Glad I decided to train one.

/CL

I was going to train one myself, but you get it too late so I went with Scrafty. Great design also, one of the best of the generation.

Alright, a line I don't really like is the Patrat line. What about you guys? Now that I think of it, I don't like any of the regional rodents (Ratatta, Sentret, Zigzagoon, Bidoof it's what I call them) aside from Linoone. They aren't the worst ones (that would go to the purple rat), but just not warming up to them.

BCVM22
19th March 2011, 6:47 AM
The regional rodents aren't really meant to be viable battle options for very long. They're meant to give you basic Pokémon to catch at the outset of your journey and to serve as a warm body in your lineup until you actually get to the point in your game where you can start purposely catching and using the Pokémon you want.

I will say that Watchog can be a real pain to battle, with Hypnosis, Crunch and Super/Hyper Fang.

R_N
19th March 2011, 7:02 AM
If people can carry a Deino or Zweilous for the bulk of the game, I think I might actually use a Watchog someday.

What with actually having a usable move pool and all.

TsukiMirage
19th March 2011, 8:22 AM
Watchog is actually pretty useful. I used it to catch nearly my entire team and several legendaries. it can't really take the hit for long, but that can be gotten around.

But still, once I got Golett and Deino, I had to give Watchog up in favor of a better attacker.

isshoni
19th March 2011, 9:12 AM
What are people's thoughts on Mienshao? For a fighter, it has some great Speed and Attack, and it even gets a pretty nice movepool. U-Turn, Bounce, Jump Kick, Drain Punch, Hi Jump Kick... and the TMs it learns are quite impressive. Glad I decided to train one.

/CL

I've now been using one with HJK, Stone Edge, Fake Out and U-Turn as a lead in the subway and it just tears things apart with that HJK. U-Turn is for bringing out Hydreigon into Psychics and Earthquakes, and Fake Out is to break Sturdys and to do additional damage to those who I gotta U-Turn from. It works wonders with both Life Orb and Wide Lens.

I also tried my singles team out in the super double line and I gotta say I'm surprised by how well Mienshao and Hydreigon complemented each other as the leading duo.

Xaby
19th March 2011, 10:52 AM
^U-Turn also has great synergy with Regenerator. Mienshao could also act as a good Baton Passer, as it has access to both Calm Mind and Swords Dance, allowing him to pass offensive boosts to both ends of the physical and special attacking spectrum, as well as, again, allowing it to heal damages taken during boosting with Regenerator.

isshoni
19th March 2011, 12:13 PM
But setting up is next to impossible with those 65/60/60 defenses as almost any hit takes it down, especially if it has taken Life Orb damage. I haven't used Mienshao in a ful 6 vs 6 battle so I don't know how it'd perform, but it really does shine in the subway as the battles are short and you just have to dish out as much damage as possible.

Poke_Mania97
19th March 2011, 12:47 PM
What do u think it is the best ability for Krookodile? I like Moxie because it can be useful when raising the attack, and in my krookodile's case its attack stat is its best

PokemonOwn
19th March 2011, 1:03 PM
What do u think it is the best ability for Krookodile? I like Moxie because it can be useful when raising the attack, and in my krookodile's case its attack stat is its best

Tbh, Moxie is beast.

Who used Maractus? Too elusive for me to catch, though.

TehBrawlGuy~
19th March 2011, 1:06 PM
I haven't done much of anything with Gen. V competitive, but without a doubt Intimidate for ingame non-subway purposes. Revive > switch = every physical threat being made useless.

Moxie seems more useful in a battle where you can't lolrevivespam.

Grey Wind
19th March 2011, 1:10 PM
Does anybody use Stouland? Mine did well until I swapped him for Rufflet

Zhanton
19th March 2011, 1:18 PM
Tbh, Moxie is beast.

Who used Maractus? Too elusive for me to catch, though.

I really wanted to use Maractus as my sixth Pokemon, but having two Grass types might be challenging so I decided against it and went with Vanillite. Maractus is really cute though :]

Omigosh, Cottonee is absolutely adorable when it's asleep. Most cutest thing ever! I love how when Pokemon are asleep their eyes close. So cute~

Poke_Mania97
19th March 2011, 1:27 PM
I am up to the 6th gym and i have early-mid lv40s am i way in front of the leader? my friend said that he cant believe im at lv40 at that stage...

SasakiThePikachu
19th March 2011, 1:43 PM
I am up to the 6th gym and i have early-mid lv40s am i way in front of the leader? my friend said that he cant believe im at lv40 at that stage...

Yeah, you're about 10 levels better than she is, and she's pretty crap to begin with (my Musharna swept her with 3 Charge Beam OHKO's) so you should be able to crush her with ridiculous ease.

I'm so happy to hear everyone giving good reports on Lilygant - I'm getting one for my white team. The minute I saw the potential for a sleep powder+ dream eater and own tempo+petal dance, I was hooked.

Plus she's bee-yoo-tee-ful -^^-

Grey Wind
19th March 2011, 1:49 PM
^ Huh, Skyla was the only Gym I had trouble with.
Who are most people here use as a flying type? I'm using Braviary even though Rufflet was awful

Poke_Mania97
19th March 2011, 2:06 PM
Who are most people here use as a flying type? I'm using Braviary even though Rufflet was awful

im using serperior! lol serperior can fly. nah joking! Im using a Tranquil to fly for my team. im not using it, its just to fly with

TehBrawlGuy~
19th March 2011, 2:31 PM
A Ducklett, since it also carries Surf, and those are the only two you really need on a regular basis.

Chill92
19th March 2011, 2:44 PM
I'm wondering for pokemon Grey how they would change the Legendary plot. Will N temporarly get both Reshiram and Zekrom like Cyrus had short control of Dialga and Palkia? Will Kyurem inteferre N? Will it join the player in some way? It's something I'm really looking forward to

Johto King
19th March 2011, 3:53 PM
I hope they will bring back pokemon following you in pokemon grey.

ashgirl92
19th March 2011, 4:05 PM
What does everyone think of Electross? I have one on my team, and it makes a good mixed sweeper, but the speed isn't the best, plus it seems to me like it can't take hits very well. I was thinking about switching it out, but I have no idea what I will switch it out for. Joltik maybe?

R_N
19th March 2011, 7:26 PM
What does everyone think of Electross? I have one on my team, and it makes a good mixed sweeper, but the speed isn't the best, plus it seems to me like it can't take hits very well. I was thinking about switching it out, but I have no idea what I will switch it out for. Joltik maybe?

Cynthia's Eellektross almost swept through me after I took out all her other Pokemon.
It's a monster.

Dragoniteftw
19th March 2011, 7:29 PM
was bored in class yesterday, so I wrote a poem about bisharp, enjoy! (didn't really know where else to post it)

Bisharp Ballad

http://mmii.info/icons/DeoxysPrime/pokemon_bisharp.gif

When me and you first met,
I was looking through serebii.net.
Your nearly scizor like stat,
and your power ranger combat,
Was enough to make me decide,
that a physical sweeper was inside.

But Your typing is complete murder,
4x weak against common pokes like gurdurr.
The fact is you have so much potential,
But Ev training your speed is too essential.
Dark/steel wasn't gamefreaks best move
and the Base speed of 70 isn't something that I approve.

But alas I still think your a great poke,
Even-though smogon members think your a joke.
But bisharp you don't need any approval,
Even if fighting types can quickly cause your removal.

By Dragoniteftw

lol.

JoshR
19th March 2011, 8:14 PM
was bored in class yesterday, so I wrote a poem about bisharp, enjoy! (didn't really know where else to post it)

Bisharp Ballad

http://mmii.info/icons/DeoxysPrime/pokemon_bisharp.gif

When me and you first met,
I was looking through serebii.net.
Your nearly scizor like stat,
and your power ranger combat,
Was enough to make me decide,
that a physical sweeper was inside.

But Your typing is complete murder,
4x weak against common pokes like gurdurr.
The fact is you have so much potential,
But Ev training your speed is too essential.
Dark/steel wasn't gamefreaks best move
and the Base speed of 70 isn't something that I approve.

But alas I still think your a great poke,
Even-though smogon members think your a joke.
But bisharp you don't need any approval,
Even if fighting types can quickly cause your removal.

By Dragoniteftw

lol.

So true. I couldn't get past him in the E4 at first but then I realized he was 4x weak to fighting and my Zoroark (Lv 35 then) Killed him in one hit with focus blast.

LexSuicune
19th March 2011, 9:03 PM
lmfao, that was rather witty, poor Bisharp.

At least its shiny form is amaze.

ashgirl92
19th March 2011, 9:10 PM
Cynthia's Eellektross almost swept through me after I took out all her other Pokemon.
It's a monster.

Oops! Sorry for the spelling error. I think I will reconsider and keep it, I just need to train it some more : )

Cobalt_Latios
19th March 2011, 9:15 PM
Started with Sigilyph, then went ahead and used Archen/Archeops. May consider using Rufflet/Braviary though.

I'm wondering for pokemon Grey how they would change the Legendary plot. Will N temporarly get both Reshiram and Zekrom like Cyrus had short control of Dialga and Palkia? Will Kyurem inteferre N? Will it join the player in some way? It's something I'm really looking forward to
I'm still going by my theory that N will somehow get a hold of both of them, then you go to confront him, you perform a double battle against him, Ghetsis shows up afterwards, takes control of both of them (somehow), Kyurem shows up, you catch it, then you and N tag battle against Ghetsis.

Doubtful, but it's a cool concept. And it seems the most plausible as well.

/CL

Grey Wind
19th March 2011, 9:21 PM
Started with Sigilyph, then went ahead and used Archen/Archeops. May consider using Rufflet/Braviary though.

/CL
Braviary is a beast, and its worth struggling through Rufflet to get him

XXD17
19th March 2011, 9:21 PM

Unfezant is great...it's high defense makes it the perfect fodder pokemon to stall for time when you're in a pinch...my main flyer is an archeops though...

GalladeX
19th March 2011, 9:23 PM

I took her out in a minute flat. ._.

I used Sigilyph! She was really great.

It took me a half hour to find her, though...

Grey Wind
19th March 2011, 9:24 PM
Sigilyph always freaked me out... ._.

R_N
19th March 2011, 9:28 PM
Oops! Sorry for the spelling error. I think I will reconsider and keep it, I just need to train it some more : )

I don't blame you for messing it up. Until I was fighting Cynthia, I never realized that it was Eel and not just El

I should have never doubted Nintendo's punning abilities

GalladeX
19th March 2011, 9:38 PM
Sigilyph always freaked me out... ._.

That's why I love it~ <3

I tend to like "weird" Pokemon, like Cryogonal, Frillish, and Sigilyph.

Which reminds me...there was no concept art for Frillish's first design - before it was a Ghost - right? I always wanted to know what it looked like...

Maverik
19th March 2011, 9:39 PM
Which reminds me...there was no concept art for Frillish's first design - before it was a Ghost - right? I always wanted to know what it looked like...

Probably exactly the same, there are very few ghostlike qualities in Frillish and Jellicent as of now, they tacked it on after it was made.

GalladeX
19th March 2011, 9:40 PM
Probably exactly the same, there are very few ghostlike qualities in Frillish and Jellicent as of now, they tacked it on after it was made.

Like the red eyes? I think that's the only "ghostly" thing about them...

WynautQueen
19th March 2011, 9:41 PM

Right. I was really confused when I realized they were a ghost type. It's a neat Pokemon, but that really came by surprise, given that I didn't do much prior looking into the Gen V Pokemon besides their appearances.

Maverik
19th March 2011, 9:41 PM

They do look creepy, but I believe they added those along with the ghost type. At first glance they still resemble pure water types.

Kingudora
19th March 2011, 9:50 PM
They do look creepy, but I believe they added those along with the ghost type. At first glance they still resemble pure water types.
I think they look ghostly somehow. But that is perhaps because I have phobia for jellyfish!

KickAsh
19th March 2011, 10:10 PM
It's a monster.
Eelektross has no weaknesses, so yeah what can you do? Outspeed it I guess.
It's spelling is Eelektross, not Eellektross or Electross.

Skyla was pathetic. I took out 2 of her Pokemon with Serperior, who has a weakness to Flying-types. So that shows how difficult I found her to be.

Archeops is the best Flying-type this gen. Some it's stats (Attack, Sp.Atk, and Speed) are monsterous and it has the movepool to back them up.

I'm still going by my theory that N will somehow get a hold of both of them, then you go to confront him, you perform a double battle against him, Ghetsis shows up afterwards, takes control of both of them (somehow), Kyurem shows up, you catch it, then you and N tag battle against Ghetsis.

O_o That's a very interesting theory, and yeah, it does seem pretty plausible. The only problem is that Kyurem has a capture rate of 3, and if you have to catch it to advance in the game, that will not be fun. Or maybe GF will change the capture rate to Ram/R@m's 45 capture rate.
I think it would be badass if Ghetsis had Genesect though. Or Meloetta.
Ghetsis battling with a Meloetta :)

Jellicent has a billowing cape instead of a body. That could be to reflect its jellyfish-ness, though.

PokemonOwn
19th March 2011, 10:13 PM
Who used Yamask in their playthrough? Cofagrigus would be fine to use, in the late game. Also, did anyone bother to catch Cryogonal for their team?

KickAsh
19th March 2011, 10:18 PM
^I've been hunting for Cryogonal for the last 5 days for varying lengths of time. No luck. It has a 1% chance of appearing, and I never have good luck with stuff like this. If you want to know if it's good: yes, it is good. In theory at least.

Alright, a line I don't really like is the Patrat line. What about you guys? Now that I think of it, I don't like any of the regional rodents (Ratatta, Sentret, Zigzagoon, Bidoof it's what I call them) aside from Linoone. They aren't the worst ones (that would go to the purple rat), but just not warming up to them.
I like Patrat-->Watchog. They have a weird charm. They're my favorite regional rodents. And Watchog is actually the best regional rodent so far, battlewise.

BW202
19th March 2011, 10:22 PM
^I've been hunting for Cryogonal for the last 5 days for varying lengths of time. No luck. It has a 1% chance of appearing, and I never have good luck with stuff like this. If you want to know if it's good: yes, it is good. In theory at least.

At least it'll be a whopping 5% in couple weeks.

Lorde
19th March 2011, 10:24 PM
Who used Yamask in their playthrough? Cofagrigus would be fine to use, in the late game. Also, did anyone bother to catch Cryogonal for their team?

I was very tempted to capture a Yamask for my team since I figured that a Ghost-type Pokemon would be pretty cool but I decided against it. I actually went for Zoroark instead since I had never used a Dark-type Pokemon on my team before. As for Cryogonal: I sure didn't. I didn't want to spend time looking for it so I never really bothered with that Pokemon. It would've been a cool Pokemon to have for the Gym battle in Opelucid City but I just didn't have the patience to search for it.

RedMage23
19th March 2011, 10:28 PM
I took out Skyla's entire gym with a level 36 Zebstrika who was level 39 by the end of it.

Right now I'm just figuring out how I can get through the Dragon gym when I haven't trained any Ice or Dragon types.

KickAsh
19th March 2011, 10:31 PM
At least it'll be a whopping 5% in couple weeks.

It'll be like the only Pokemon to pop up in the wild grass with such a staggering chance/

Carina
19th March 2011, 10:32 PM
I took out Skyla's entire gym with a level 36 Zebstrika who was level 39 by the end of it.

Right now I'm just figuring out how I can get through the Dragon gym when I haven't trained any Ice or Dragon types.

Just improvise with other attacks. ;) I beat Iris using mostly Scraggy and Whimsicott.

PokemonOwn
19th March 2011, 10:35 PM
Who actually used a non-Unova Pokemon in their game? I don't mean Celebi or the Beasts either. I, personally wouldn't be bothered to do so. Also, who used a Deerling/Sawsbuck? I'm planning to use one for my team.

Rakurai
19th March 2011, 10:37 PM
Who actually used a non-Unova Pokemon in their game? I don't mean Celebi or the Beasts either. I, personally wouldn't be bothered to do so. Also, who used a Deerling/Sawsbuck? I'm planning to use one for my team.

I used a Garchomp, Manectric, and Milotic, personally.

R_N
19th March 2011, 10:37 PM

I'm sure more people will do so once Dream World is up and running.
I've thought about doing so when ever I get another version

RedMage23
19th March 2011, 10:38 PM
I used a Garchomp, Manectric, and Milotic, personally.

I'm assuming you used AR?

I just used Celebi once to help capture Virizion.

R_N
19th March 2011, 10:42 PM
I'm assuming you used AR?

I just used Celebi once to help capture Virizion.

I think he had the JP version, so he probably traded/bred something to the JP version then traded to the US version

ForeverFlame
19th March 2011, 10:44 PM
I used Sawsbuck. Jump Kick is amazing in this game since there's so many Normal, Dark, and Steel types. I swept Grimsley with Sawsbuck.

Zoroark is fun to play with, as well. Put a Pokemon that's weak to Psychic at the end of your party, and watch as the opponent uses Psychic-type moves over and over again even though it has no effect on Zoroark.

ashgirl92
19th March 2011, 10:49 PM

No to the first question, but I do have a Sawsbuck on my team. To me, it is pretty useful. It has good attack and speed. It's health isn't too shabby either. A lot of people like Lilligant, and some might agrue it is better than Sawsbuck, but in my opinion, Sawsbuck just appeals to me. Probably because it changes every season... lol. But regardless, it is a decent pokemon to use : )

aggronFTW
19th March 2011, 10:52 PM

I'm using unfezant, I wanted to use pidove too much to listen to people saying it had a bleh movepool, it's level 62 and still has quick attack :'(, probably switch that for return.

What's your guys favorite electric type this gen? It felt like the treatment it got was pretty mixed, nothing outstanding but nothing terrible either. Although my zebstrikas been terrible my whole playthrough.

KickAsh
19th March 2011, 10:53 PM
I grabbed a Shellder from Undella Bay. Cloyster's gonna be incredible with Shell Smash and Skill Link.
But other than that, no.

I'm sure more people will do so once Dream World is up and running.
I'm waiting for this.

What's your guys favorite electric type this gen? It felt like the treatment it got was pretty mixed, nothing outstanding but nothing terrible either. Although my zebstrikas been terrible my whole playthrough.
Galvantula. Cool design, nice movepool, nice stats.

Kingudora
19th March 2011, 10:56 PM
I'm using unfezant, I wanted to use pidove too much to listen to people saying it had a bleh movepool, it's level 62 and still has quick attack :'(, probably switch that for return.

I would say Galvantula. Compoundeyes and Thunder are ridiculously good together!

AuraChannelerChris
19th March 2011, 11:01 PM
When I first saw that Hydreigon can be obtained at lvl. 64, I told myself:

"I'm not training that late-evolving monster."

R_N
19th March 2011, 11:05 PM

It took ages and when I was done I slammed it into the box and searched on the GTS for another Zweilous to avoid training another one.

Dracoste
20th March 2011, 12:12 AM

well, in Iccirus City you can buy the TM Blizzard. I also didn't have any Ice Pokémon, so I thaugh my Audino and Samurott Blizzard.

I traded my female Modest freshly hatchet Larvesta against a Modest Deino with Dark Pulse of my friend.
And I gave her a lucky egg and went to Nimbasa City. From just one Pokémon she went to Lv. 27:D And after 2 days without too much trouble she was a Hydreigon.

I'm kinda having some kind of deja-vu right now.

In Diamond I transfered a Dratini over from FR and trained it to fill my Pokédex, after it became a Dragonite I though "Hmmm, why shouldn't I keep training it." And so I did, and then Dragonite became my fav Pokémon.
Now the same thing happens with Hydreigon, if my friend haven't traded one with me, I probably never considered it to keep training her.

Cobalt_Latios
20th March 2011, 12:21 AM
Eelektross has no weaknesses, so yeah what can you do? Outspeed it I guess.
It's spelling is Eelektross, not Eellektross or Electross.
Or anything with Mold Breaker and Ground attacks that can outspeed it. Pretty fun actually.

Archeops is the best Flying-type this gen. Some it's stats (Attack, Sp.Atk, and Speed) are monsterous and it has the movepool to back them up.
Considering I've kept Acrobatics on it, that says something.

Zoroark is fun to play with, as well. Put a Pokemon that's weak to Psychic at the end of your party, and watch as the opponent uses Psychic-type moves over and over again even though it has no effect on Zoroark.
I just like using anything that can't learn any of the moves that Zoroark learns and imagine them being supified as said Pokemon attacks them with really odd moves.

It took ages and when I was done I slammed it into the box and searched on the GTS for another Zweilous to avoid training another one.
Level grinding not something you like doing I suppose?

/CL

BCVM22
20th March 2011, 12:21 AM
What's your guys favorite electric type this gen?

Galvantula. It's fast, and fast don't lie. Compoundeyes + Thunder gives it power with accuracy, and learning Sucker Punch plus getting STAB on Bug Bite/Signal Beam/Bug Buzz makes it a perfect counter to Dark- and Psychic-types. Big fan of Galvantula; it'd be damn near perfect if its Defense weren't so low.

Deino and Zweilous are a true pain to level up all the way to the end, but my goodness is it worth it. Hydreigon is every bit as powerful as its design and status might denote. It can learn some great stuff, both Physical and Special, via level-up and TM; give it a good moveset and just go to town.

RedMage23
20th March 2011, 12:28 AM

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k217/MyAlbum_01/091025.gif

R_N
20th March 2011, 12:34 AM

Not particularly, no. It was far less painful this game, but Deino was a gigantic pain overall.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k217/MyAlbum_01/091025.gif

At least he stopped once Charmander learned Metal Claw

Unlike CERTAIN OTHER people who level up to 55 before Clay or 80 before Round 1 Lance

Maverik
20th March 2011, 12:35 AM
How excellent is Haxorus?

Cobalt_Latios
20th March 2011, 12:39 AM
How excellent is Haxorus?
It's preferable to have a Jolly nature, as you'll want something to boost his "decent" Speed stat. It's usable, but it is good to have something to allow you to outspeed certain things.

Mine has MoldBreaker, so it's fun to attack things that have abilities that allow them to "resist" things... like Elektross.

/CL

Dracoste
20th March 2011, 12:39 AM
Unlike CERTAIN OTHER people who level up to 55 before Clay or 80 before Round 1 Lance

I actually know a kid that had a lvl 80 Charizard before the 3rd gym.
Reason: he couldn't find the way through the Rock tunnel, so he just trained his Charmander/Charmeleon/Charizard.

I could never, ever, ever, ever, ever, have that kind of patience.

Cobalt_Latios
20th March 2011, 12:41 AM
Not particularly, no. It was far less painful this game, but Deino was a gigantic pain overall.
I find it's not so bad once you start to OHKO stuff. I didn't find it as bad here, but there was a point where it was starting to "drag-on" as it were.

Luckily, I only do it now to "round off" my team to certain levels, and what have you.

/CL

Maverik
20th March 2011, 12:52 AM
@Cobalt Latios Nice to know that Haxorus is cool, hopefully that anime egg event they held in Japan previously will come to the U.S. and I can hatch my own jolly Axew.

Blueysicle
20th March 2011, 1:01 AM
It's a shame though that Thunder is pretty much the only really good move that Galvantula can abuse Compoundeyes with. I still adore the thing though. Even if it's fairly frail, I've had a blast using it on my team. Plus, you know Game Freak has done some magic design-wise when it can make an arachnophobe like me want to cuddle the thing.

I actually made it a point not to level grind too much in this game. Usually I make sure my team is about five or ten levels higher than the computer, but for the most part I've been on par with my opponents. I don't know about you guys, but I actually found it a bit more fun when me and the enemy are equally matched rather than grossly overleveled in my favor.

Mr. E Goods
20th March 2011, 1:06 AM
It's a shame though that Thunder is pretty much the only really good move that Galvantula can abuse Compoundeyes with. I still adore the thing though. Even if it's fairly frail, I've had a blast using it on my team. Plus, you know Game Freak has done some magic design-wise when it can make an arachnophobe like me want to cuddle the thing.

I actually made it a point not to level grind too much in this game. Usually I make sure my team is about five or ten levels higher than the computer, but for the most part I've been on par with my opponents. I don't know about you guys, but I actually found it a bit more fun when me and the enemy are equally matched rather than grossly overleveled in my favor.

yeah I do too. I especially try and hold back with my Archeops in training, because it OHKO everything it verses XD I try and make my teams levels always even too, so one pokemon isnt way in front of the rest.

Grei
20th March 2011, 1:14 AM
yeah I do too. I especially try and hold back with my Archeops in training, because it OHKO everything it verses XD I try and make my teams levels always even too, so one pokemon isnt way in front of the rest.

This happened to me with my Scrafty. It ended up being a much higher level than the others because of how well he performs.

DarumakkaImposter
20th March 2011, 1:50 AM

on my JPwhite i had a level 62 emboar while every one else was in 30s and low 40s

Moonlight_Tails
20th March 2011, 2:03 AM

Galvantula originally but lately it's been a pain. Got a bad nature I guess. Constantly getting knocked out in one hit. Thinking of training an Eelektross

Chill92
20th March 2011, 2:10 AM

/CL[/QUOTE]

That's a cool theory actually, let's see if it happens.

BTW I fell in love with my Haxorus in my second run of the game. I never used it against the Elite four, wanting to "save" it. Spamming Dragon dance and 2 full restores each, Haxorus literally pwned N's and Ghetsis team single handlely! It was only lv 50 against Reshiram and came to lvl 53 when I defeated Ghetsis

XXD17
20th March 2011, 2:27 AM
Or anything with Mold Breaker and Ground

Considering I've kept Acrobatics on it, that says something.

/CL

acrobatics is actually a great move...it does 55 when you are holding an item but doubles to 110 when not holding anything...competitively, this may be a bad idea but held items are not required in-game...

DarumakkaImposter
20th March 2011, 2:43 AM

/CL

That's a cool theory actually, let's see if it happens.

BTW I fell in love with my Haxorus in my second run of the game. I never used it against the Elite four, wanting to "save" it. Spamming Dragon dance and 2 full restores each, Haxorus literally pwned N's and Ghetsis team single handlely! It was only lv 50 against Reshiram and came to lvl 53 when I defeated Ghetsis[/QUOTE]

are you talking about Zekrom and Reshiram? if so then how would you catch them if N has them. unless he gives them to you.

Chill92
20th March 2011, 2:48 AM
^ Aagainst N's Reshiram I started with Haxorus and continued to sweep

R_N
20th March 2011, 2:54 AM
^ Aagainst N's Reshiram I started with Haxorus and continued to sweep

But Zekrom forces his way into your party, I thought

rocky505
20th March 2011, 3:05 AM
But Zekrom forces his way into your party, I thought Nope you can put him in the PC if you don't want to use him.

DarumakkaImposter
20th March 2011, 3:07 AM
But Zekrom forces his way into your party, I thought

umm... no.

you can put him into your party or not from the pc. you dont have to

Cobalt_Latios
20th March 2011, 3:09 AM
are you talking about Zekrom and Reshiram? if so then how would you catch them if N has them. unless he gives them to you.
Yup. You don't. I'm sort of going out on a limb here and partially basing my "theory" off of how Platinum worked; you caught Giratina at a lower level, different forme, and later, you were able to acquire both Dialga and Palkia.

Kind of like that. N would get control of both, Ghetsis would then "dispose" of him, he'd realize your intentions, come to help you, and you'd then participate in a tag battle to take down Ghetsis, using Kyurem, and whatever else N could potentially have on his team.

And considering one of the Plasma Sages even mentions that he would have wanted N to "confront" Ghetsis, it sort of fits.

/CL

DarumakkaImposter
20th March 2011, 3:12 AM
Yup. You don't. I'm sort of going out on a limb here and partially basing my "theory" off of how Platinum worked; you caught Giratina at a lower level, different forme, and later, you were able to acquire both Dialga and Palkia.

Kind of like that. N would get control of both, Ghetsis would then "dispose" of him, he'd realize your intentions, come to help you, and you'd then participate in a tag battle to take down Ghetsis, using Kyurem, and whatever else N could potentially have on his team.

And considering one of the Plasma Sages even mentions that he would have wanted N to "confront" Ghetsis, it sort of fits.

/CL

well...yah its a good theory.

Carina
20th March 2011, 11:28 AM
Re: non-Unova Pokemon, I'm waiting til I get the Super Rod so I can FINALLY add Starmie to my team.
If I really wanna get competitive, Swampert would also have to go in. :)

yeminied
20th March 2011, 11:30 AM
acrobatics is actually a great move...it does 55 when you are holding an item but doubles to 110 when not holding anything...competitively, this may be a bad idea but held items are not required in-game...

Emolga just kills everything with Acrobatics. It's a really great move, especially in-game where items aren't a necessity.

Yamask is such a great Pokemon. A defensive style is how I really like to play and it works really well with a Will 'o Wisp and Hex combination. It's sky high defences allow it to get off that first Will 'o Wisp and then it can carry on taking hits like a champ. It's special defence isn't too shabby either so it can take hits from both ends of the spectrum.

It pretty much single-handedly took down all of Twist Mountain which is something you don't get from offensive playing Pokemon.

I actually have a few Pokemon on my team that play more defensively. What experiences have you had with more stally Pokemon and what have worked really well for you?

TsukiMirage
20th March 2011, 12:02 PM
Interesting question- How many of a single pokemon do you catch? I usually only catch one or two of those I'm not gonna be using, but my friend catches several of different genders. Seems like a waste to me, but he does it in case he needs to breed or trade.

TehBrawlGuy~
20th March 2011, 12:10 PM
Interesting question- How many of a single pokemon do you catch? I usually only catch one or two of those I'm not gonna be using, but my friend catches several of different genders. Seems like a waste to me, but he does it in case he needs to breed or trade.

Ditto is the only reason I don't catch one of each gender as well.

As for trading, if it's wild I can just catch it when I need to, probably with better moves/balls than I would have at that point in the game.

SasakiThePikachu
20th March 2011, 1:52 PM
To anyone worried about the last gym, I say to you here:

Train a Mienfoo, evolve it, and you will be fine.

I was having aneurysms of terror over how I'd fare in the last gym (I have no ice moves/types on my team, and my only dragon was a very slow Deino with pathetic defense) but I worked hard levelling up my Mienfoo on Rt 10, and after she evolved, she tore through the gym with Fake Out and Jump Kick. Drayden's Haxorus was OHKO'd and it wasn't even a critical freakin' hit!!

I love you, Zsa Zsa.

Musharna also surprisingly came in handy. I feared that damned Druddigon could kill her with night slash, but it barely did any damage! Hypnosis, Nightmare, and Dream Eater took care of the rest. Sweet dreams, b*tch, hehehe.

Whoa, is Cryogonal that rare? I want one now o.O whereabouts do you catch it? Cannot wait for the seasons change - it's been altogether rather boring (scenery wise) playing through autumn. I want to see moonboots Sawsbuck ^.^

Poke_Mania97
20th March 2011, 2:51 PM
because of the theory someone has made, i just hope grey comes soon! and also i hope kyerum has a 2nd form! the one we see now looks ugly.

JD
20th March 2011, 3:12 PM
I have to say I really do enjoy using Zoroark it's a really good Pokemon. When I was battling Caitlyn in the Elite 4 it was disguised as my Darmanitan so she thought Psychic type moves would work she kept using Psychic and I managed to sweep her entire team without taking one bit of damage illusion is a great ability. I was also surprised at how good Leavanny was it has great attack and decent speed mine usually OHKO'd everything when it attacked the only thing I don't like is the shallow movepool it has. I wish it had like Stone Edge or something like Night Slash...

Nacreous
20th March 2011, 3:24 PM

I love Acrobatics!I taught my Mienshao that move...it never holds any item so it's very powerful^^

RedMage23
20th March 2011, 3:55 PM
Do you guys think Zorua/Zoroark will be a normally catchable Pokemon in the third version? Or will they just have a different event? Personally I think it will be normally catchable.

I enjoy playing through Autumn for some reason, but I'd rather it be spring (mostly because I've been wanting it to be spring in real life). I like the Fall colors even though I'm from New York (IRL Unova) and I see Fall colors every year.

Grey Wind
20th March 2011, 3:56 PM
I have to say I really do enjoy using Zoroark it's a really good Pokemon. When I was battling Caitlyn in the Elite 4 it was disguised as my Darmanitan so she thought Psychic type moves would work she kept using Psychic and I managed to sweep her entire team without taking one bit of damage illusion is a great ability. I was also surprised at how good Leavanny was it has great attack and decent speed mine usually OHKO'd everything when it attacked the only thing I don't like is the shallow movepool it has. I wish it had like Stone Edge or something like Night Slash...
I know Illusions is awesome. I sent out Zoroark against Marshal disguised as Rufflet, and he kept using Stone edge while I mauled him with Aerial Ace

BTW Sasaki, you get Cryogonal in Twist Mountain

SasakiThePikachu
20th March 2011, 5:27 PM
I know Illusions is awesome. I sent out Zoroark against Marshal disguised as Rufflet, and he kept using Stone edge while I mauled him with Aerial Ace

BTW Sasaki, you get Cryogonal in Twist Mountain

Or I get one through a trade, coz I just learned there's only 1% chance of seeing it, and I'm very lazy xD but thanks for the info!

I also just learned that's where you find Cubchoo. Huh. Guess running through Twist Mountain with max repel wasn't so great an idea after all...