PDA

View Full Version : Official Pokemon Discussion Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55

Valoo.
29th March 2011, 4:41 PM
I'm confused, I thought Reuniclus was meant to be the 'sperm' of this generation.

Sigh. There's nothing quite like penis-noses and sperm homunculi to make you realise that some pokemon fans have really dirty minds.
Don't forget Reshiram and Palkia

Chibi_Muffin
29th March 2011, 4:42 PM
I'm confused, I thought Reuniclus was meant to be the 'sperm' of this generation.

Sigh. There's nothing quite like penis-noses and sperm homunculi to make you realise that some pokemon fans have really dirty minds.

Actually, it's an egg cell. =3

Seriously, the line goes egg cell > embryo > foetus. Look at the body shape (it goes from completely round, to having a bit of a body, to looking humanlike). It says a lot when Game Freak can make a foetus Pokémon look adorable.

Speaking of Elektross... I thought about training one for a sec, but it's mouth... I thought it had jaws, not that sucker... thing. Ew.

SasakiThePikachu
29th March 2011, 4:51 PM

Seriously, the line goes egg cell > embryo > foetus. Look at the body shape (it goes from completely round, to having a bit of a body, to looking humanlike). It says a lot when Game Freak can make a foetus Pokémon look adorable.

Speaking of Elektross... I thought about training one for a sec, but it's mouth... I thought it had jaws, not that sucker... thing. Ew.

But it's still creepy-awesome looking!! I can't wait to raise one. I love the really 'monster-ish' pokes.

@ Sabonea:
What should we call this fruit we just discovered?
Well, it's orange. How about 'orange?'
Cool. What about this yellow thing? Shall we just call it a y-
No. That shall be known as a lemon.
Oh...kay.

Logic fail xD

AZIIKO4876
29th March 2011, 5:22 PM
Now that they've made pokemon based on food they won't stop nah jk. But what if they started making food like pokemon besides vinniluxe or however its spelled..

Dracoste
29th March 2011, 5:40 PM
Now that they've made pokemon based on food they won't stop nah jk. But what if they started making food like pokemon besides vinniluxe or however its spelled..

Like Exeggute and Exeggutor?

R_N
29th March 2011, 5:42 PM

Who cares? What is wrong with Pokemon based on food (and exeggcute had that beat by several years)?

streetlightdsb
29th March 2011, 5:45 PM
^I hate nature for designing ugly things!!! Animals are supposed to be cute. This is unacceptable! I mean a spider is kinda cool but this is taking it too far!!! Clearly Gaia has run out of ideas.

Also 'orange' worst. name. for. a. fruit. ever.

This is the best thing I've ever seen on the forums. Well played :)

codeyokoo
29th March 2011, 6:19 PM
training pokemon after lvl 56 on black goes so slow -.-

Lorde
29th March 2011, 6:20 PM
What the heck is up with Fraxure? I was looking for one at Victory Road the other day and I only found one within a two hour period (which I accidently defeated). I swear I found at least 5 of those things within the same time frame when I played the Japanese games. Someone else I know was also having trouble finding a wild Fraxure in their game. I really wanted a Haxorus for my team but since I couldn't find a Fraxure, I had to settle for something else. Why do I get the feeling that the encounter rates were changed for the English versions, just to troll fans because? This is all somehow James Turner's fault.

Dracoste
29th March 2011, 6:32 PM
What the heck is up with Fraxure? I was looking for one at Victory Road the other day and I only found one within a two hour period (which I accidently defeated). I swear I found at least 5 of those things within the same time frame when I played the Japanese games. Someone else I know was also having trouble finding a wild Fraxure in their game. I really wanted a Haxorus for my team but since I couldn't find a Fraxure, I had to settle for something else. Why do I get the feeling that the encounter rates were changed for the English versions, just to troll fans because? This is all somehow James Turner's fault.

Fraxure only has 10% on appearing, so I have to say you were quite lucky in you Japanese game.(I only encountered Heatmore outside the victory road...)
If you want to catch a pokémon of the Haxorus line I suggest Mistralton cave, in there Axew has 20% of appearing.

SasakiThePikachu
29th March 2011, 7:39 PM

I'm finding it a little strange that I trained in Victory Road (inside and out) for about 2 hours straight and never encountered a Deino. Not once. I mean, wtf?! Made me seriously glad I raised one from an egg, if they're apparently that rare.

Routine
29th March 2011, 7:55 PM
I'm finding it a little strange that I trained in Victory Road (inside and out) for about 2 hours straight and never encountered a Deino. Not once. I mean, wtf?! Made me seriously glad I raised one from an egg, if they're apparently that rare.

That's weird, I remember Deino was one of the first Pokemon I encountered when I was going through Victory Road in Black. It's got a 20% chance of appearing after all D:

Lorde
29th March 2011, 9:06 PM

Don't remind me about Deino. It was the first Pokemon I encountered at Victory Road and I battled it with Swoobat. Long story short, it defeated Swoobat, twice. I revived it the first time it fainted and I was going to get back at the Deino but it went ahead and defeated Swoobat a second time. It was just ridiculous. I managed to capture one Deino yesterday but like I said, I'm having trouble finding Fraxure. It has a 10% encounter rate but it never shows up in my game. Oh, and I just realized that the evolution glitch doesn't exist on this GTS. I was trying to evolve Boldore that way but it didn't work. FML.

R_N
30th March 2011, 12:06 AM
Don't remind me about Deino. It was the first Pokemon I encountered at Victory Road and I battled it with Swoobat. Long story short, it defeated Swoobat, twice. I revived it the first time it fainted and I was going to get back at the Deino but it went ahead and defeated Swoobat a second time. It was just ridiculous. I managed to capture one Deino yesterday but like I said, I'm having trouble finding Fraxure. It has a 10% encounter rate but it never shows up in my game. Oh, and I just realized that the evolution glitch doesn't exist on this GTS. I was trying to evolve Boldore that way but it didn't work. FML.

I didn't even know you could find wild Fraxure

You are searching the outer portion of VR for it, right?
Honestly I found Pokemon encounters outside fairly rare in general. Actually made hunting Heatmor a minor pain...

SasakiThePikachu
30th March 2011, 12:19 AM

Honestly I found Pokemon encounters outside fairly rare in general. Actually made hunting Heatmor a minor pain...

Really?! I couldn't walk through one tuft of ground/grass without Heatmor glomping me from all directions. I guess the experience of encounter rate really does differ from game to game, judging by the reports above...

CaptainBrain
30th March 2011, 12:22 AM
I saw Deino first thing when I got into Victory Road. I think that I only saw one or two Heatmor, which I didn't mind. I don't really like that thing.

yeminied
30th March 2011, 4:07 AM
I've had real problems finding a Deino. I went all around Victory Road, inside and out, to no avail.

For something with a 20% chance of appearing it sure did take a long time to come out but when they did I made sure I caught them all.

Lorde
30th March 2011, 5:15 AM
I saw Deino first thing when I got into Victory Road. I think that I only saw one or two Heatmor, which I didn't mind. I don't really like that thing.

Heatmor's all right IMO. I found like 20 of those while I was training around Victory Road the other day and I did get tired of seeing them all the time, but I prefer Heatmor over Durant. Durant is just a pest and I really disliked running into those things since most of my attempts at capturing them failed miserably. They also look pretty mean. Heatmor looks odd but it doesn't look like it means any harm. Durant just looks like it'll bite you if you get too close.

Will-powered Spriter
30th March 2011, 6:26 AM
Deino's not too rare, but it isn't available in all chambers of victory road, so it probably seems rarer. I found two going through the place.

Heatmor are not rare.

R_N
30th March 2011, 6:28 AM
Deino's not too rare, but it isn't available in all chambers of victory road, so it probably seems rarer. I found two going through the place.

Heatmor are not rare.

I'm aware they aren't, but I was more commenting on how whenever I was outside the Victory Road proper I almost never ran into anything. It took ~3 battles (several trips in and out of the mountain apart) to finally run into one, for me.

Shine
30th March 2011, 6:36 AM
Deino apparently only appears on 2 rooms inside the Victory Road - the same 2 rooms that has a pond inside them.

I never find Deino outside those 2 rooms.

LexSuicune
30th March 2011, 3:00 PM
Is it easy to acquire a Deino through Wi-Fi, i'm thinking it's the only way I'll get one for my game early on :/

Ghastly Ninja
30th March 2011, 3:03 PM
It's gonna be uber so w/e.

I'm with you, I'm not a fan of Ubers. I prefer NU/UU tier, I hate how theirs so many pokemon overlooked ;418;

Lorde
30th March 2011, 4:31 PM
Deino apparently only appears on 2 rooms inside the Victory Road - the same 2 rooms that has a pond inside them.

I never find Deino outside those 2 rooms.

Yeah, I remember only finding Deino in those two rooms now that you mention it. The rest of the time, I was just running into Durant and Woobat inside the caverns of Victory Road. Still, I'm wondering about Fraxure. I have this feeling that the encounter rates just aren't what they seem.

Is it easy to acquire a Deino through Wi-Fi, i'm thinking it's the only way I'll get one for my game early on :/

You can get any Pokemon through Wi-Fi early on which is really cool since you can make a team composed of your favorite Pokemon. I decided to use a combination of my personal favorites and random Pokemon this time around. I wouldn't have minded a Rufflet egg now that I look back but overall, my game experience was pretty cool.

Chibi_Muffin
30th March 2011, 4:38 PM
I've only found 3 encounters in Victory Road. First was... Durant, I think. Second was Boldore. Third was female Deino, which was what I was looking for. After training her up (long story), I used Repels so didn't see anything else.

You can find wild Fraxure?! @_@ Seriously? If you want one, there's Mistralton Cave as well. First Pokémon I found there was an Axew...

Silent Conversation
30th March 2011, 10:16 PM
You can find wild Fraxure?! @_@ Seriously? If you want one, there's Mistralton Cave as well. First Pokémon I found there was an Axew...

I guess they make Fraxures wild for the people who don't want to train an Axew all the way to Level 38 just to get it to its middle stage, only to have to train it ten more levels to finally get it to Haxorus.

KickAsh
30th March 2011, 10:32 PM
Really?! I couldn't walk through one tuft of ground/grass without Heatmor glomping me from all directions. I guess the experience of encounter rate really does differ from game to game, judging by the reports above...
It depends on what Pokemon you're looking for. Want to find a Heatmor? All you'll find are Durants. Looking for Durant? All you'll find are Heatmors. /

Heatmor's all right IMO. I found like 20 of those while I was training around Victory Road the other day and I did get tired of seeing them all the time, but I prefer Heatmor over Durant. Durant is just a pest and I really disliked running into those things since most of my attempts at capturing them failed miserably. They also look pretty mean. Heatmor looks odd but it doesn't look like it means any harm. Durant just looks like it'll bite you if you get too close.
Get this: Heatmor burns Duran't shells to a crisp and then snacks on them. So, if that doesn't prove that Heatmor doesn't have some superiority over Durant, then I don't know what does. (I do really like Durant, though.)
I didn't like Heatmor very much until I saw his Sugimori art--his sprite doesn't do him a justice.
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/b/b0/631Heatmor.png
His tail is an exhaust pipe. That's sooo neat.

Mario with Lasers
30th March 2011, 10:56 PM
I guess they make Fraxures wild for the people who don't want to train an Axew all the way to Level 38 just to get it to its middle stage, only to have to train it ten more levels to finally get it to Haxorus.

That's weird, because you can get Axew at lv30-31 after the sixth badge, and by the time you get to Victory Road, it will be in a level much higher than 40. Actually, I think my Fraxure evolved into Haxorus by then...

R_N
30th March 2011, 11:08 PM
Maybe they wanted a Gabite parallel?

Would have been nice if they were Zweilouses instead. For, uh, foreshadowing purposes, of course.

isshoni
30th March 2011, 11:09 PM
It's strange hearing about people having trouble finding stuff. I'm a big fan of using Repels, but still I'm always plagued by things like Cryogonal, Tynamo and those very rare shaking grass Pokémon when I don't even notice the shaking patches.

I didn't like Heatmor very much until I saw his Sugimori art--his sprite doesn't do him a justice.

I'm really really sad, because I really wanna love Heatmor, but I just can't bring myself to do it. Its face is just a bit too weird for me, and it's completely useless competitively too. It's a shame really. I might force myself to like it and use in an in-game team sometime.

Durant, however is a completely different story. It's looks aren't perfect either, but to me it still looks a little better. I'm also having an extremely hard time beating those nasty little buggers in the clearly ant-infested subway. I might even have to try out one myself.

Silent Conversation
30th March 2011, 11:24 PM
That's weird, because you can get Axew at lv30-31 after the sixth badge, and by the time you get to Victory Road, it will be in a level much higher than 40. Actually, I think my Fraxure evolved into Haxorus by then...

I guess some people just don't like training pre-evolved Pokemon. Personally I like taking a basic Pokemon and watching it evolve into its final stage, but I guess others just want to get to the final evolution as easily as possible, and training a Fraxure right off the bat is easier than training an Axew, then a Fraxure.

KickAsh
30th March 2011, 11:27 PM
I'm really really sad, because I really wanna love Heatmor, but I just can't bring myself to do it. Its face is just a bit too weird for me, and it's completely useless competitively too. It's a shame really. I might force myself to like it and use in an in-game team sometime.

Durant, however is a completely different story. It's looks aren't perfect either, but to me it still looks a little better. I'm also having an extremely hard time beating those nasty little buggers in the clearly ant-infested subway. I might even have to try out one myself.
I agree, Heatmor's head is a little off-putting. It's so...thin. But I just gloss it over and appreciate the magnificence that is the rest of his body. It sucks too much competitively to use, agree, and I like Chandelure more anyway, but Heatmor's design...I do really like it.

But Durant...competitively (and design-wise), that thing is a monster. Thunder Fang, Claw Sharpen, X-Scissor, and Stone Edge with Hustle and the highest Speed of any Steel type is a wonderful, wonderful thing.

Sabonea_Masukippa
31st March 2011, 1:34 AM

WIth the exception of maybe 2nd gen, the 'newest' Pokemon have always had sprites that don't quite do the Pokemon justice, in my opinion (look at the difference between Gliscor or Stunky in DP and Pt, for one example).

Cobalt_Latios
31st March 2011, 1:34 AM
Late to the party once again, but I have some rather valid excuses. One of them involved "forum maintenance".

Swannas pretty decent, especially if you need a water type because you picked Emboar, and you need a flier.
Meh, Skyla's Swanna's killed my Archeops, so I don't like it as much. That, and I'm just not a fan of it's design.

Also, Tympole line and Pan/Simipour fill in the water typing pretty well anyways. Tirtouga/Carracosta, maybe, but it's speed is a letdown.

Don't worry, real life took care of that for you
http://www.balikyetistir.com/images/2011/02/lamprey-closeup.jpg
Hold on, I thought they were referring to Tynamo... aren't those based off of larval/juvenile Lamprey or some such?

That picture is of your generic Lampreys, not the "younger" variety.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/6f/Diversas_lampreas.1_-_Aquarium_Finisterrae.JPG
Meh, I consider Hagfish far more disturbing. Lampreys are kind of cool, sort of. They're like vampires but more ancient.

It doesn't really look much like a glass eel, but I suppose it shares more in common with those than lampreys (which is what we were posting and definitely what Eelektrik & Eelektross are)
Pretty much why I was so damn happy when I found out we'd be getting a Lamprey Pokemon. Not entirely what I had hoped for design wise, but they're cool, just the same. And just recently... I finally noticed that Elektross is actually spelled "Eelektross". Oy.

I thought Reuniclus was just a very well developed cell, or something similar.

And yet, Game Freak had the audacity to have "Crunch" a learned upon evolution move *facepalm*. How the hell does it crunch without jaws?

Wait, there are Fraxure in Victory Road?

*thinks for a moment*

Oh, outside of it. Yeah, I battle some.

Fraxure only has 10% on appearing, so I have to say you were quite lucky in you Japanese game.(I only encountered Heatmore outside the victory road...)
If you want to catch a pokémon of the Haxorus line I suggest Mistralton cave, in there Axew has 20% of appearing.
That's where I got mine. 'Course, I had other uses for it, but I still caught one.

Not for me. I somehow have this very awkward encounter rate. Right when I think I won't encounter it, I do. I once had a string of 5-6 rare Pokemon back to back. I honestly forget where it was, but it was weird.

Mistralton cave + 2 and a half hours = 3/4 of a box full of Axews looking for a Jolly one with Mold Breaker.

Do. Not. Ask.

It depends on what Pokemon you're looking for. Want to find a Heatmor? All you'll find are Durants. Looking for Durant? All you'll find are Heatmors.
Not true, as you find Heatmor outside and Durant inside. Durant's are pretty useful to training... at least until they decide to kill you every ten encounters :s.

Get this: Heatmor burns Duran't shells to a crisp and then snacks on them. So, if that doesn't prove that Heatmor doesn't have some superiority over Durant, then I don't know what does. (I do really like Durant, though.)
And it's our first Anteater. Took GF long enough. Sure, it may not be the "best" representation of it, but hey, I'll take what I can get.

Mine would have been a Haxorus when it would have defeated Iris, had her own Haxorus not been a douche and OHKOd my Fraxure with Dragon Claw. Luckily, I fixed that once I get to partake in a triple battle in one of the houses.

It's strange hearing about people having trouble finding stuff. I'm a big fan of using Repels, but still I'm always plagued by things like Cryogonal, Tynamo and those very rare shaking grass Pokémon when I don't even notice the shaking patches.
Funny thing, I remember hearing Tynamo were ridiculously rare. Enter Chargestone Cave, then decide to leave in order to do a bit of training. Guess what I encounter as I'm about to leave? Yup. Tynamo. A female one.

I like it, but I haven't really found a moment or opportunity to actually use one. I mean, considering that the only things I have left in terms of battles are in Nimbasa, Castelia, the Elite 4, Cynthia and the Riches (and the Subway, but I haven't really done much of that yet), I really don't know if there's a good enough opportunity to do so.

I'm thinking of using one... but I dunno, I've just had my team murdered by them every so often I've developed a grudge against them.

Also, "ant-infested subway". That sounds kind of amusing when you think about it right. Hahaha! Second time Durant been used towards making a joke.

/CL

KickAsh
31st March 2011, 1:45 AM
And it's our first Anteater. Took GF long enough. Sure, it may not be the "best" representation of it, but hey, I'll take what I can get.
At least they thought outside of the box, giving us an anteater with a Fire type and theme, instead of an orthodox Ground or Rock typing. I like that.

MetalFlygon08
31st March 2011, 2:06 AM
IMO

Durant's Bug/Steel should have Heatmors a Fire/somthing, to match them up better.

Though I am interested in seeing how the anime handles the rivalry, since heatmor only attack durants to melt the metal and eat it.

R_N
31st March 2011, 3:36 AM
WIth the exception of maybe 2nd gen, the 'newest' Pokemon have always had sprites that don't quite do the Pokemon justice, in my opinion (look at the difference between Gliscor or Stunky in DP and Pt, for one example).

Have...you actually looked at some Gen 2 sprites?
They aren't Gen 1 bad but...

And there's not a lot of difference between Stunky
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/c/c0/Spr_4d_434.pnghttp://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/f/ff/Spr_4p_434.png
In fact it looks just like a second frame

Gliscor got quite the face lift, though
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/8/87/Spr_4d_472.pnghttp://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/c/cb/Spr_4p_472.png
No wonder they used the PtHGSS sprite as the animation base

Cobalt_Latios
31st March 2011, 4:03 AM
Gliscor got quite the face lift, though
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/8/87/Spr_4d_472.pnghttp://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/c/cb/Spr_4p_472.png
No wonder they used the PtHGSS sprite as the animation base
On that note PtHGSS's Gliscor sprite actually looks like it's anime counterpart.

/CL

Chaos Rush
31st March 2011, 4:17 AM
Have...you actually looked at some Gen 2 sprites?
They aren't Gen 1 bad but...

And there's not a lot of difference between Stunky
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/c/c0/Spr_4d_434.pnghttp://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/f/ff/Spr_4p_434.png
In fact it looks just like a second frame

Stunky and Skuntank actually had their colors adjusted to match their Sugimori art in freaking HG/SS (not Platinum). This also happened to Torterra, Chimchar, Chatot, Glameow, and Purugly. The B/W sprites retained the HG/SS colors.

Ironically, several Gen I/Gen II Pokemon that received new colors in HG/SS that matched their Sugimori art better had their colors changed back to what they were in D/P/Pt, such as Shellder, Koffing, and Mantine. While some Gen I Pokemon in B/W received completely new sprites and a brand new color palette, such as Arcanine (who IMO, now looks more majestic than ever). Kinda makes you wonder how many artists were in charge... I would prefer it if all of the sprites matched their Sugimori art for consistency, like what they did with Gen III Pokemon.

Night_Walker
31st March 2011, 5:22 AM
I've been quite impressed with the Pokemon of this generation. There have been a couple of disappointments for me: Duosion and Sandile. But the majority have impressed me greatly: Boldore, Darumaka, Leavanny, Stoutland, Tirtouga, Zebstrika.

palapala
31st March 2011, 8:39 AM
Oh... dream world, when will you come online?

BCVM22
31st March 2011, 9:06 AM
Oh... dream world, when will you come online?

When Japan has enough infrastructure and resources restored to allow an earthquake- and tsunami-stricken nation to devote time and energy to ultimately meaningless frivolities such as this.

http://www.pokemon-gl.com/pre/en.html

SasakiThePikachu
31st March 2011, 11:04 AM
When Japan has enough infrastructure and resources restored to allow an earthquake- and tsunami-stricken nation to devote time and energy to ultimately meaningless frivolities such as this.

http://www.pokemon-gl.com/pre/en.html

Hey, we're all hoping the dream world will come online soon - that doesn't mean we're being heartless about the plight those poor Japanese people have had to suffer.

I love Heatmor's Sugimori art. He's like 'I have a headache. I need a cuddle ;__;'

@ CL; the first ever Axew I saw/caught was a jolly one. Shame I'm not planning to raise one until Gray version...and I like all my pokes to have the ID no. of the game they're on. What do you want to bet I won't be so lucky 2nd time around?!

Roxas013
31st March 2011, 11:08 PM
does anyone hava art on Samurott standing on its hind leggs

Silent Conversation
31st March 2011, 11:26 PM

I found this one on Google if it helps:

http://th03.deviantart.net/fs70/150/i/2011/047/4/6/503___samurott_by_ligernekoka-d39pfsb.jpg

foxyman1167
31st March 2011, 11:41 PM

On that topic, I'd like to see a Samurott taking out his sword (and no, not his genitals)

I was so excited for Sandile, after seeing it in the anime, and I wasn't disappointed when the time came to use one, same goes for Snivy. Both were the best choices I made for my first BW team, and I really like them.

I'm having trouble wrapping my head around pokemon in game that evolve at insanely high levels, like Deino and Larvesta. I'd love to get around to using them, but I wouldn't have a Hydreigon or even a Volcarona before beating the Elite Four, so it makes it harder for me to like them.

I would like to say this though, Audino is the best thing invented since Technician Scizor's Bullet Pawnch.

kuyoyo
1st April 2011, 1:00 AM
One small thing I've just notice, but Deerling and Sawsbuck only change form if they are in your party during the season. I caught a Shiny Sawsbuck a few minutes ago and the Sawsbuck I already have is still in the box in Autumn form. Is it just my game or is this the normal thing?

GaZsTiC
1st April 2011, 1:02 AM
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/0/0a/Unova_starters_evolution_artwork.png

Enjoy...

Cobalt_Latios
1st April 2011, 1:06 AM
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/0/0a/Unova_starters_evolution_artwork.png

Enjoy...
Why the hell can't Serperior learn Power Whip?

Otherwise, cool pic!

/CL

Sabonea_Masukippa
1st April 2011, 2:14 AM
One small thing I've just notice, but Deerling and Sawsbuck only change form if they are in your party during the season. I caught a Shiny Sawsbuck a few minutes ago and the Sawsbuck I already have is still in the box in Autumn form. Is it just my game or is this the normal thing?

It's normal, they only change form when you remove them from the box I believe.

Silent Conversation
1st April 2011, 3:04 AM

Enjoy...

Wow, an awesome pic. It makes Serperior look so much more powerful, Emboar look a lot more bad-***, and Samurott just looks, well... awesome.

LexSuicune
1st April 2011, 7:19 AM
I love that pic, first official pic of it using it's sword <3

MetalFlygon08
1st April 2011, 2:59 PM
For the person with the high level evolution post...

The evolution levels represent where the pokemon is found ingame,

lets look at Rufflet and Spearow

Spearow requires around 20 levels to evolve into Fearow if caught asap.

Rufflet also requires around 20 levels to evolve into Braivairy when caught at level 34 at Victory Road.

Dratini and Deino are in a similar boat

Dratini takes roughly 20-30 levels to evolve one, then 25 levels after to evolve again.
Deino, if it evolved at the normal levels of other Psuedo-Legends, would require like 5 levels to be fully evolved. so it takes the same level amounts as Dratinit to evolve.

Larvesta represents the sun's long life cycle for it.

It seems Pokemon Locations were decided before evolution levels.

Really it's only a problem if you start with them via egg.

SasakiThePikachu
1st April 2011, 7:07 PM
Has anyone else noticed that in this gen, you encounter the pokemon in-game in pretty much the same numerical order as they are listed in the pokedex (evolutions excluded, base forms only)?. It's not exact, but it's pretty close :)

maxximuscree
1st April 2011, 7:11 PM
did not know this. loving the pic with the black/white starters. i had samurott in my head transforming into a blade and dropping on the opponent.

RedMage23
1st April 2011, 7:36 PM
I love that pic, first official pic of it using it's sword <3

It kind of makes sense that Samurott wouldn't use its sword very often. Samurai's swords (at least in the Edo period) were mostly for show and they primarily used bows in battle.

StormNO
1st April 2011, 7:53 PM
there is not enough water pokemon

KickAsh
1st April 2011, 9:28 PM
It kind of makes sense that Samurott wouldn't use its sword very often. Samurai's swords (at least in the Edo period) were mostly for show and they primarily used bows in battle.
And also the arquebus. Although not many attacks for Pokemon revolve around guns, or even bows for that matter...

Sabonea_Masukippa
1st April 2011, 9:59 PM
there is not enough water pokemon

There's seventeen different water Pokemon, and 9 fully evolved or non-evolving Pokemon. That's more than the amount of Fire-Pokemon introduced in this gen, and only one less than Bug Pokemon.

Considering the rarity of water-routes in the game, it's actually quite a lot.

What is lacking is fish-shaped water-types, but GF was aware of that and that's why they gave Basculin two forms. No doubt water will be back to their annoying spamminess in the future.

Obviously, compared to Kanto (30) or Hoenn (29?) there's less, but not enough in BW? I dunno.

Silent Conversation
1st April 2011, 10:02 PM
There's seventeen different water Pokemon, and 9 fully evolved or non-evolving Pokemon. That's more than the amount of Fire-Pokemon introduced in this gen, and only one less than Bug Pokemon.

I think that there's not enough good water types. Samurott, Carracosta and Jellicent are the only ones that really stand out to me.

Sabonea_Masukippa
1st April 2011, 10:06 PM
Well, 1/3 ain't bad. But I while I do see your point, the non-legend water types from fourth gen, as a whole, aren't exactly something to write home about (if your talking competitive). If you're talking looks, though, same point although exclude Buizel and Piplup lines.

Hejiru
1st April 2011, 10:22 PM
Has anyone else noticed that in this gen, you encounter the pokemon in-game in pretty much the same numerical order as they are listed in the pokedex (evolutions excluded, base forms only)?. It's not exact, but it's pretty close :)

It's always been that way. Roughly, at least.

Sabonea_Masukippa
1st April 2011, 10:26 PM
Roughly, yes, but it's much more noticeable in this gen, compared to say, Gen 1.

Grei
1st April 2011, 10:39 PM

I love that! I love that all of the Pokemon that appear in a specific area show up together. It makes it seem more like, when the Pokedex is being created, you're truly making a log of the Pokemon you see... rather than just putting Pokemon in a random order.

?

What makes you think that Samurott wouldn't use its swords very often? It has attacks that allow it to use swords--Fury Cutter, Slash, X-Scissor, Razor Shell, Night Slash, Aerial Ace, Air Slash...

I think that there's not enough good water types. Samurott, Carracosta and Jellicent are the only ones that really stand out to me.

I agree. Though Seismitoad's not bad.

Silent Conversation
1st April 2011, 11:08 PM
I agree. Though Seismitoad's not bad.

Yeah, that's true. It's better than Swanna or Simipour, anyways.

Ghastly Ninja
1st April 2011, 11:24 PM

I personally Love Swanna, and Jellicent OH! and The Alomomola is awesome a physical tank!

Silent Conversation
1st April 2011, 11:27 PM
Swanna is really nothing special. It's a Unovian, prettier looking Pelipper.

Cobalt_Latios
2nd April 2011, 12:17 AM

Considering the rarity of water-routes in the game, it's actually quite a lot.

What is lacking is fish-shaped water-types, but GF was aware of that and that's why they gave Basculin two forms. No doubt water will be back to their annoying spamminess in the future.
Although, I do have to say that Carvanha/Sharpedo was something I was indeed looking forward to while playing RSE. So that's something.

That, and Relicanth. Hoenn had good water types.

Obviously, compared to Kanto (30) or Hoenn (29?) there's less, but not enough in BW? I dunno.
Hoenn had a rather absurd amount of water types, but considering the whole "plot" of it, it does sort of make sense.

At least GF made an effort to give us good water types.

Sinnoh... well, Floatzel and Gastrodon are the ones that "stick out".

/CL

Hejiru
2nd April 2011, 12:36 AM
Water has always been the most populous type.

KickAsh
2nd April 2011, 12:55 AM
Although, I do have to say that Carvanha/Sharpedo was something I was indeed looking forward to while playing RSE. So that's something.

That, and Relicanth. Hoenn had good water types.

Very, very good. There's Swampert, of course, and I love Ludicolo. He's like a stoner/surfer Pokemon. And according to Bulbapedia:

Ludicolo is happy to a fault. It dances around without a care in the world all day. If a Ludicolo hears loud, happy music, it will come running to dance along to it. It cannot resist joining in with people having a good time.
And that's awesome. Ludicolo is one of my favorite Pokemon.
I've also always liked Crawdaunt, and Milotic is nice, and although they're both pretty unpopular, I really like Walrein and Huntail. And Sharpedo is one of my all-time favorites, too.
So yeah I like Hoenn's Water types, too.

I like Swanna. I know it's not anything special competitively, but I really like it's design.

Venomrec
2nd April 2011, 12:56 AM
How come they only make 2 evo's for cats? Liepard & purrloin are some of my favorites since meowth & persian. They need a monster evolution where they become scary.

KickAsh
2nd April 2011, 12:58 AM
^Probably because cats don't grow into anything. Kittens-->Cats-->???

GaZsTiC
2nd April 2011, 1:00 AM
How come they only make 2 evo's for cats? Liepard & purrloin are some of my favorites since meowth & persian. They need a monster evolution where they become scary.

Kitten--> Cat--> Ghost cat?

Does want.

Venomrec
2nd April 2011, 1:02 AM

This is where outside the box takes place, kitten>>Cat>>Lioness or giant cat maybe rabbid.

Cobalt_Latios
2nd April 2011, 1:30 AM
Doesn't Purugly count there? :p, I kid, I kid!

/CL

Pyrax
2nd April 2011, 1:32 AM
It's normal, they only change form when you remove them from the box I believe.

Doesn't work.
I tried it this morning, it didnt change form.

Shneak
2nd April 2011, 3:37 AM
Does anyone find Cofagrigus completely useless? It's supposed to have high defense and sp. defense, but it kind of sucks. A shame.

Silent Conversation
2nd April 2011, 3:39 AM
Does anyone find Cofagrigus completely useless? It's supposed to have high defense and sp. defense, but it kind of sucks. A shame.

I guess if you want a Pokemon just for pure defense, you go with Cofagrigus. Other than that, though, it has no use.

Zalbar
2nd April 2011, 4:01 AM
You guys seem to be forgetting mummy, set it out front as a damage sponge and give it some status effect manuvers, then lol at the opponent as even thier ability becomes crippled.

Cobalt_Latios
2nd April 2011, 4:03 AM
Defense yes, but not Special Defense.

/CL

KuroiMawile
2nd April 2011, 4:17 AM
Doesn't work.
I tried it this morning, it didnt change form.

Currently looking at both an Autumn and Winter form- Deerling and Sawsbuck.

Battles aren't changing it, either.

Roxas013
2nd April 2011, 4:39 AM
mine changed wen i took it out the box and wen 2 show it at that weather lab

Ltrainer
2nd April 2011, 6:23 AM
Someone just posted this on Gamefaqs

http://pokemonblackandwhite.net/?p=4298

Pokemon Grey Baby!!! and a new Pokemon will debut!

yeminied
2nd April 2011, 6:26 AM
Are you guys kidding me? Cofagrigus is amazing!

With that gargantuan defense stat you come in on physical attackers then you burn them with Will-o-wisp making their attacks do even less.

After that you can proceed to use Hex, which, after burn, gives it a base power of 100, multiplied by 1.5x due to STAB.

It's Special Defense and Special Attack are nothing to laugh at allowing it to sponge attacks like nobody's business though it's mediocre HP stat leaves much to be desired.

I will admit Cofagrigus will be doing nothing if you treat it as an attacker. Treat it as a defender and you have a very good one at that.

PsychoIncarnate
2nd April 2011, 6:33 AM
Someone just posted this on Gamefaqs

http://pokemonblackandwhite.net/?p=4298

Pokemon Grey Baby!!! and a new Pokemon will debut!

Gamefaqs isn't exactly the best place for finding information that's TRUE

Edit: Especially since "Grey" hasn't been announced in ANY way

Edit Edit: Also, today is April Fools LOL

R_N
2nd April 2011, 6:55 AM
Wow, I do believe that's the only "NEW POKEMON/NEW GAME!!!" fake we've had all day.

A solid try, but it's no Korochu

codeyokoo
2nd April 2011, 8:59 AM
Trying to fill my etire pokedex but its taking so long >.<

Bariosu
2nd April 2011, 10:09 AM
I'm not sure if anyone noticed but apart from Victini, starters and the legendaries. The Unova pokedex is in the order of when you encounter the pokemon in the wild starting from Route 1.
I thought that was pretty cool. Although Audino is one of the pokemon which differentiates from this, since it does appear in Route 1 but isn't next to the Route 1 pokemon.

CaptainCombusken
2nd April 2011, 11:00 AM
Hello again...

Anyway, I loved Pokemon White. It was great. Haven't had the time to post this yet, but it was really great. Thank you Gamefreak.

Plus, My friend got Pokemon Black. Someone I know getting a Pokemon game? Unheard of usually. So I'm doubly happy.

On a different note, Cofagrigus. I agree. It don't really like it. My Pokemon are almost always completely attacking, I rarely have many status moves. It's only in competitive that I choose to use Status or Stat moves. So I wouldn't use Cofagrigus. I don't like its design much either.

I love using Hex. But I think it's best suited to other Pokemon. Like Gengar for instance. It may be frail, but if you have Hypnosis, Dream Eater, Will-o-wisp and Hex, it makes for a frighteningly strong Pokemon.

SasakiThePikachu
2nd April 2011, 11:25 AM
I'm not sure if anyone noticed but apart from Victini, starters and the legendaries. The Unova pokedex is in the order of when you encounter the pokemon in the wild starting from Route 1.
I thought that was pretty cool. Although Audino is one of the pokemon which differentiates from this, since it does appear in Route 1 but isn't next to the Route 1 pokemon.

If you look back one page, I mentioned that just yesterday xD

It is cool. If you didn't check out all the spoilers pre-game, its a neat way of knowing what to expect in what area.

I so wish that scan thingy wasn't fake. Being able to unlock a feature where the pokemon follow you around again would be awesome. I think they oversold it with the 'new' pokemon silhouette though - why would a new pokemon be revealed now? If you're going to make an April Fool's, at least make it believable.

I'm hoping for a Cofragrigus evo next gen that'll make him more usable an an attacker, like they did for Dusclops. Can you imagine...Sarcofagrigus!!! He'd be a beast.

Sabonea_Masukippa
2nd April 2011, 11:36 AM
I so wish that scan thingy wasn't fake. Being able to unlock a feature where the pokemon follow you around again would be awesome. I think they oversold it with the 'new' pokemon silhouette though - why would a new pokemon be revealed now? If you're going to make an April Fool's, at least make it believable.

The awful Google-translate Japanese was also another big give away ;)

I'm hoping for a Cofragrigus evo next gen that'll make him more usable an an attacker, like they did for Dusclops. Can you imagine...Sarcofagrigus!!! He'd be a beast.

Yes, it can evolve into a pyramid ... or a Sphinx ... or something ...

This is my guess too, we've had a cat-pokemon every gen except Gen 2 and they've all been 2 stagers.

This is where outside the box takes place, kitten>>Cat>>Lioness or giant cat maybe rabbid.

'Outside the box' is what led to Samurott, which is a polarizing member of the Oshawott family (most people don't seem to have a problem with the design, just as an evo of Dewott). My feeling is that they got 'stuck' for some reason with an otter being the base animal for the 1st two and just couldn't think of anything realistic to make it evolve into (baby otter --> otter --> ???), saw the sea-lions and thought - 'yay, saved!'.

AwesomeTree
2nd April 2011, 11:42 AM
Re - April Fool's Scan - It looked more like a new form (I saw a different Genesect) then a new Pokemon to me.

codeyokoo
2nd April 2011, 11:51 AM
I'm not following this at all >.<

Sabonea_Masukippa
2nd April 2011, 12:10 PM
^What's so hard to follow?

5th Villa
2nd April 2011, 1:41 PM
When would be the time that Japan announces the third installment game ?

Pyrax
2nd April 2011, 1:43 PM

Usually a couple of months/years after the first two games are released.

Sabonea_Masukippa
2nd April 2011, 2:05 PM

Based on DPt's timeline, sometime in the 1st quarter of next year would be the earliest to expect anything.

KickAsh
2nd April 2011, 4:08 PM
I guess if you want a Pokemon just for pure defense, you go with Cofagrigus. Other than that, though, it has no use.
Make Cofagrigus hold a Rocky Helmet. A physical hit gives the opponent some damage and Mummy.
Cofagrigus also has some use as a spinblocker.

Are you guys kidding me? Cofagrigus is amazing!

With that gargantuan defense stat you come in on physical attackers then you burn them with Will-o-wisp making their attacks do even less.

After that you can proceed to use Hex, which, after burn, gives it a base power of 100, multiplied by 1.5x due to STAB.
Yeah, that's how you do it. You have to play to its strengths.

Gamefaqs isn't exactly the best place for finding information that's TRUE

Edit: Especially since "Grey" hasn't been announced in ANY way

Edit Edit: Also, today is April Fools LOL
What about this: http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Unknown_silhouette_found_in_the_coding_of_TCG_Onli ne
Was this debunked/was it a joke?

This is my guess too, we've had a cat-pokemon every gen except Gen 2 and they've all been 2 stagers.
Yeah, exactly. I guess a cat Pokemon down the road COULD evolve into like a lion or jungle cat, but I just don't see that happening. Persian and Liepard are already close enough to panthers.

Coganaut
2nd April 2011, 4:11 PM
sorry to bust your bubble but I here there will be no pokemon "Grey" the reason being that by the time that they would finish the 3rd installment it wouldn't be till 2012 because it has to be revamped for the 3ds

Article: http://www.pokemonaus.com/?p=2767
Video Interview with Game Freak: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/overview-interview-pokemon-black/710753

UStrainer40137
2nd April 2011, 4:23 PM
sorry to bust your bubble but I here there will be no pokemon "Grey" the reason being that by the time that they would finish the 3rd installment it wouldn't be till 2012 because it has to be revamped for the 3ds

Video Interview with Game Freak: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/overview-interview-pokemon-black/710753

I highly doubt "Grey" will be revamped for the 3DS, knowing trends of previous generations and potential compatibility issues. If I'm correct about this, then "Grey" (or maybe R/S remakes) will come to Japan later this year and to the rest of the world in early 2012. They're more than likely going to wait until 6th gen. (if that ever comes) to make Pokemon games exclusively for the 3DS.

KickAsh
2nd April 2011, 4:32 PM

Video Interview with Game Freak: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/ov...n-black/710753

Ummm....did you read that article? The first one says, and I quote:

A Spanish website recently interviewed staff from GameFreak where they declared there won’t be a third Unova Pokémon game...

Of course GameFreak would say this though, why announce an improved port for games that are about to be released next month? That would slightly tarnish sales and make a few potential buyers hold off for the updated version.

There is more evidence to suggest there will be a third Unova title such as the inclusion of the Dragon/Ice Pokémon Kyurem who is somehow connected to Zekrom and Rershiram. There is also hidden data within Black and White that would suggest Kyurem to be the mascot of the next game. Finally GameFreak have previously hinted that a third instalment could go deeper into the life of N where we could learn more about his life including his full name."
Yeah, and the only argument for no third installment is that the DS is almost "dead", but I think enough people would buy Grey for it to be worth GF's time developing.

And as for the interview with Junichi Masuda, he says that he was surprised to hear people saying there would be no third version, and that he doesn't recall ever saying that.

So it still looks for now as if there will be a third installment.

Grei
2nd April 2011, 4:40 PM
What about this: http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Unknown_silhouette_found_in_the_coding_of_TCG_Onli ne
Was this debunked/was it a joke?

Not debunked, and it doesn't seem to be fake. Since we don't know what it is, we can't really say it's not anything at all. We just have to wait for the silhouette to be used in full, really.

Something tells me it isn't a Pokemon but just a "monster" sprite that was never used. But, you never know.

For that first link, it doesn't need to be "revamped" at all. The 3DS is backwards-compatible with the current DS game packs. It could have some 3DS-exclusive features, but beyond that, there won't be anything that makes it 3DS-exclusive. It'll be for the DS, most likely--no revamps necessary.

You're, like, two months late on that second link. Masuda stated in an interview that he was surprised at the rumors about there being "no Grey version"--I think a bigger higher-up would know about if a Grey wasn't being planned.

Here's what really happened: GameFreak said something to help sell their current games, and that's it. If you just released a new product to stores, would you say, "But WAIT! Eventually, we're going to release a new-and-improved version of Black and White--one with more features, better upgrades, and extra material!"?

No, you'd try to say things that wouldn't cause people to not buy your product. That's what GameFreak did. There's no "confirmation" there.

KickAsh
2nd April 2011, 5:05 PM
Not debunked, and it doesn't seem to be fake. Since we don't know what it is, we can't really say it's not anything at all. We just have to wait for the silhouette to be used in full, really.

Something tells me it isn't a Pokemon but just a "monster" sprite that was never used. But, you never know.
Oh ok. So there's a chance it isn't something new at all, but just an old sprite GF never used? Got it.
I actually want it to be an old sprite. I love seeing old ideas GameFreak had but never used/tweaked.
Munna, Blaziken and Latios as the same Pokemon, and maybe this shadow. I just like seeing these things.

R_N
2nd April 2011, 7:02 PM
It's probably not even a GameFreak anything. Remember, this is a tcg thing.
You know
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/thumb/2/2f/SetSymbolJungle.png/30px-SetSymbolJungle.pnghttp://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/thumb/e/e6/SetSymbolFossil.png/30px-SetSymbolFossil.pnghttp://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/thumb/7/7e/SetSymbolTeam_Rocket.png/30px-SetSymbolTeam_Rocket.png
The game that loves to
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/thumb/8/8f/SetSymbolGym_Heroes.png/30px-SetSymbolGym_Heroes.pnghttp://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/thumb/7/75/SetSymbolNeo_Genesis.png/30px-SetSymbolNeo_Genesis.pnghttp://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/thumb/f/f8/SetSymbolNeo_Discovery.png/30px-SetSymbolNeo_Discovery.png
Have little symbols for each set?
So the way I figure it, it's either a forgone set symbol, a future set symbol (with an abstract "pokemon" or animal to represent it. Perhaps NEW DISCOVERIES or something), or was intended to be a TCG Simulator-specific deck symbol.

edit: And don't forget that sometimes the TCG just does its own thing. Anyone remember the mysterious shark "pokemon" from allll the way back in Neo Genesis
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/8/84/NeoGenesis103SuperRod.jpg

BCVM22
2nd April 2011, 9:19 PM
It'll be for the DS, most likely--no revamps necessary.

The 3DS is out now and if you count on Generation V going by the same time frame as Generation IV, the third Unova game wouldn't be due until next fall, a full 18 months after the 3DS released. The 3DS is out now - Nintendo and their associated developers have nothing to gain by continuing to push defunct hardware. That we have Mario and Zelda titles forthcoming for the 3DS indicates this further.

If people refuse to upgrade to the 3DS, that's entirely their prerogative as consumers, but they also need to realize that Nintendo is a business and as a business, they're going to do what makes them money (pushing software for the 3DS) and are under no obligation to continue supporting software that is now officially a generation old.

It's probably not even a GameFreak anything. Remember, this is a tcg thing.
You know
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/thumb/2/2f/SetSymbolJungle.png/30px-SetSymbolJungle.pnghttp://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/thumb/e/e6/SetSymbolFossil.png/30px-SetSymbolFossil.pnghttp://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/thumb/7/7e/SetSymbolTeam_Rocket.png/30px-SetSymbolTeam_Rocket.png
The game that loves to
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/thumb/8/8f/SetSymbolGym_Heroes.png/30px-SetSymbolGym_Heroes.pnghttp://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/thumb/7/75/SetSymbolNeo_Genesis.png/30px-SetSymbolNeo_Genesis.pnghttp://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/thumb/f/f8/SetSymbolNeo_Discovery.png/30px-SetSymbolNeo_Discovery.png
Have little symbols for each set?
So the way I figure it, it's either a forgone set symbol, a future set symbol (with an abstract "pokemon" or animal to represent it. Perhaps NEW DISCOVERIES or something), or was intended to be a TCG Simulator-specific deck symbol.

Makes perfect sense to me.

KickAsh
2nd April 2011, 11:47 PM
Oh good point. Well that's a little underwhelming, but it does make sense.

Weaver_8
3rd April 2011, 4:59 AM
From my understanding of his dex entry that mustachesque thing on cryogonal is in fact ice chain that it uses to capture its prey. I found that somewhat interesting and makes me ponder, where us its mouth. I haven't really thought about it before but the only thing on cryogonal that is apparently a facial feature is its eyes and I'm starting to wonder about those too. All in all though, it is still cool to have an angry snowflake added to the Pokemon family. Oh, also I think it makes sense that it is so rare to find in the wild since it can easily turn into water vapor if the temperature is even a little bit high. Does that mean between spring and fall the cryogonals you found are in the middle of evaporating?

SasakiThePikachu
3rd April 2011, 11:27 AM
The 3DS is out now and if you count on Generation V going by the same time frame as Generation IV, the third Unova game wouldn't be due until next fall, a full 18 months after the 3DS released. The 3DS is out now - Nintendo and their associated developers have nothing to gain by continuing to push defunct hardware. That we have Mario and Zelda titles forthcoming for the 3DS indicates this further.

If people refuse to upgrade to the 3DS, that's entirely their prerogative as consumers, but they also need to realize that Nintendo is a business and as a business, they're going to do what makes them money (pushing software for the 3DS) and are under no obligation to continue supporting software that is now officially a generation old.

But this 'Pokemon Gray' would still technically part of the fifth generation and therefore belonging to a trio along with Black and White (theorising for a moment that a third game will be released at all, which is likely). Surely they wouldn't break up a trio by having the third version released on a different console to the other two? They've never done that before in Pokemon history. Hm...but then again, has this wierd overlap with games being released then a new console being released few days later ever happened before? I'm not clear on the facts, but wasn't Emerald released very close to the DS' release, and that was still a GBA game?

The sixth generation, on the other hand, will obviously be for the 3DS (or maybe a newer console if one has been release by then. Now there's a scary thought! Getting waaaaay too far ahead of myself there -__-)

BCVM22
3rd April 2011, 11:52 AM
Surely they wouldn't break up a trio by having the third version released on a different console to the other two?

There would be no break. 3DS units are fully capable of communicating with DS family units on a technical level and software of the two platforms can be made to do the same if they really want it to.

They've never done that before in Pokemon history.

Gold and Silver were dual-compatible titles while Crystal was Color-exclusive.

I'm not clear on the facts, but wasn't Emerald released very close to the DS' release, and that was still a GBA game?

The facts are sitting there for anyone who needs them. Emerald predated the DS by about two months.

Blackjack the Titan
3rd April 2011, 12:51 PM
I'm upgrading to the 3DS just because 6th gen may be 3D from that point on.
But wait. Won't there be a 3DS XL or 3DS Lite?

Silent Conversation
3rd April 2011, 3:06 PM
I'm upgrading to the 3DS just because 6th gen may be 3D from that point on.
But wait. Won't there be a 3DS XL or 3DS Lite?

Knowing how rapidly Nintendo comes out with new handhelds, then probably.

codeyokoo
3rd April 2011, 4:04 PM
Is there still a missingno. pokémon or isn't there. I'm confused :/

Pyrax
3rd April 2011, 4:40 PM
Is there still a missingno. pokémon or isn't there. I'm confused :/

Are you referring to Victini?

codeyokoo
3rd April 2011, 5:06 PM
Are you referring to Victini?

No I'm not. I'll send you a link to it.
It's kinda weird.

There's a pokemon in pokémon blue but it's not really a pokémon...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tOyBahKkbk

Grei
3rd April 2011, 5:40 PM
No I'm not. I'll send you a link to it.
It's kinda weird.

There's a pokemon in pokémon blue but it's not really a pokémon...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tOyBahKkbk

That is a glitch. It's not a real Pokemon.

codeyokoo
3rd April 2011, 6:06 PM
ok ty n_n

already thought it was really weird :3

SasakiThePikachu
3rd April 2011, 6:36 PM
There would be no break. 3DS units are fully capable of communicating with DS family units on a technical level and software of the two platforms can be made to do the same if they really want it to.

There would be a break. Doesn't matter if the consoles are capable of interracting, 3DS is still a different console to the DS. That's what I was saying.

Gold and Silver were dual-compatible titles while Crystal was Color-exclusive.

Did not know that. Hm. That makes it more possible that 'Gray' could be for 3DS only.

The facts are sitting there for anyone who needs them. Emerald predated the DS by about two months.

Yeah... admitting I'm not aware of the facts was not an invitation for you to point out that I could learn them if I tried. Calling someone on their ignorance is pretty ineffective if they confess ignorance in their opening statement. But this makes it possible that 'Gray' could still be for the DS.

I'm just really hoping it comes out on the DS, mainly because I just spent all my money ensuring my last year of uni education and transport for next year and don't have Ł100 for frivolities like a new games console while my old one works fine. However, should probably just count my lucky stars that B/W weren't 3DS exclusive ^-^;

R_N
3rd April 2011, 6:44 PM
TCalling someone on their ignorance is pretty ineffective if they confess ignorance in their opening statement.

No it doesn't. If anything that is an invitation to be corrected if wrong.
Saying you're ignorant does not make you immune to being corrected.

Anyway it's not like all this is really going to matter. The new game most likely won't come out for another 2 years, at which point one can better look at the DS and see if it's dead yet.

Chaos Rush
3rd April 2011, 7:01 PM
I think it's hilarious that some of you guys think that they'll still be releasing DS games in 2012.

You guys do realize that the DS came out in 2004, right?

R_N
3rd April 2011, 7:07 PM
I think it's hilarious that some of you guys think that they'll still be releasing DS games in 2012.

You guys do realize that the DS came out in 2004, right?

And that (so far as I know someone please don't correct me if I'm wrong) Nintendo has no games lined up for the foreseeable future*, either. Kind of weird to have 2 years of nothing as the other big franchises move on to 3DS and then suddenly drop a DS game when the system (geez, hasn't this thing had the longest handheld system life or something?) is no doubt in its death throws if not already dead.

*Localizations not withstanding.

kuyoyo
3rd April 2011, 7:13 PM
I think it's hilarious that you think it's hilarious about people think that DS Games will still be released in 2012.

I know this is sort-of off-topic but you do realise that the 3DS has been released at a time when the world is still in the after-effects of a global depression, and the Japan Earthquake so a lot of people can't afford the 3DS at its current price (I know I can't yet). So, Game Freak would be stupid if they make 'Grey', or whatever the third game is called, a 3DS exclusive game as it probably won't sell as well as BW did. I can't see Game Freak moving Pokemon to the 3DS before Gen VI is released, probably in 2013 (Jpn) and 2014 (rest of the world).

SasakiThePikachu
3rd April 2011, 7:20 PM
I wasn't saying I don't want to be corrected. I was saying that I don't need someone telling me 'the facts are there if you want to look for them'. I knew that already, for chrissake. I was hoping someone would give me the facts, because I didn't know them. No need for assholishness.

Kuyoyo - I don't think the fact that we're in a global recession will stop the 3DS selling well. You'd be amazed how many people still find money for trivial crap while they don't have the money to feed their families. My mum complains about grocery bills but we still have satellite tv and dvd rental...

BCVM22
3rd April 2011, 7:50 PM
so a lot of people can't afford the 3DS at its current price (I know I can't yet).

Video games are entertainment. They're a want, not a need. Whether people can afford them or not is not going to depress them any as a market, because there will always be people who can afford them and will spend money on them.

So, Game Freak would be stupid if they make 'Grey', or whatever the third game is called, a 3DS exclusive game as it probably won't sell as well as BW did.

No. Again, you're making the mistake of projecting the present into the future. The third Unova game wouldn't be due until next fall - that's fall of 2012 - at the earliest, by which time the 3DS will have been out and will have been Nintendo's handheld pillar for a year and a half. Nintendo has absolutely nothing to gain from pushing a AAA title for defunct hardware at that point, because by then, much if not most of their user base will have upgraded to the 3DS and the ones that haven't will have to if they want to continue playing Pokémon (and the rest of Nintendo's key franchises; the first 3DS Zelda title drops in June and the first 3DS Super Mario title is on its way).

kuyoyo
3rd April 2011, 9:08 PM
No. Again, you're making the mistake of projecting the present into the future. The third Unova game wouldn't be due until next fall - that's fall of 2012 - at the earliest, by which time the 3DS will have been out and will have been Nintendo's handheld pillar for a year and a half. Nintendo has absolutely nothing to gain from pushing a AAA title for defunct hardware at that point, because by then, much if not most of their user base will have upgraded to the 3DS and the ones that haven't will have to if they want to continue playing Pokémon (and the rest of Nintendo's key franchises; the first 3DS Zelda title drops in June and the first 3DS Super Mario title is on its way).

No, you're the one making the mistake. The DS won't be defunct by then. It's more pratical for Nintendo to keep Gen V on the DS and move to 3DS exclusive for Gen VI. BW is compatable with the 3DS so why can't Grey be the same? I, for one, won't be buying the 3DS until the price has come down a lot. And I assume a lot of people will be doing exactly the same. So, why should Nintendo release Grey for just the 3DS when a lot of people are still using the DS? Releasing it on the DS will actually give Nintendo more than it would releasing it just for the 3DS.

R_N
3rd April 2011, 9:17 PM
No, you're the one making the mistake. The DS won't be defunct by then. It's more pratical for Nintendo to keep Gen V on the DS and move to 3DS exclusive for Gen VI. BW is compatable with the 3DS so why can't Grey be the same? I, for one, won't be buying the 3DS until the price has come down a lot. And I assume a lot of people will be doing exactly the same. So, why should Nintendo release Grey for just the 3DS when a lot of people are still using the DS? Releasing it on the DS will actually give Nintendo more than it would releasing it just for the 3DS.

3DS recently had one of the best openings for any system ever in at least two countries (Japan & Europe; US numbers haven't been released yet so far as I know) and even with the recent disaster continued to do well in sales in Japan. And in 2 years or so, it will no doubt be in even more hands with people upgrading.

Meanwhile Nintendo has pretty much left the DS at this point to focus on the 3DS with several of the mainline titles going straight to it with more in the making.

AuraChannelerChris
3rd April 2011, 9:19 PM
Time to mention how Woobat is so awesome, people.

R_N
3rd April 2011, 9:22 PM
Time to mention how Woobat is so awesome, people.

Woobat is awesome and so is Swoobat.
I still feel bad for using other Pokemon and not it, though; it evolved because it loved me and all I wound up using it for after getting Solosis was a flier. Maybe next game

BCVM22
3rd April 2011, 9:35 PM
The DS won't be defunct by then.

You're right, it's defunct now. Nintendo has moved on and most of the large third-party developers will do so very shortly if they haven't already. What part of that still says "active and well-supported" to you?

It's more pratical for Nintendo to keep Gen V on the DS and move to 3DS exclusive for Gen VI.

That's not more practical at all. Nintendo and their associated developers are businesses, which ostensibly exist to make money. What makes more of that money for them? Software for hardware that's been on the market in one iteration or another since 2004, or software for hardware that will be less than two years old by the time this discussion topic becomes relevant?

BW is compatable with the 3DS so why can't Grey be the same?

That's about the best you can hope for, really, that the next core title is some sort of dual-compatible game like Gold and Silver, optimized for the 3DS but playable on the DS family. And again, that's the absolute best you can hope for and it's not a real strong possibility at that.

I, for one, won't be buying the 3DS until the price has come down a lot. And I assume a lot of people will be doing exactly the same.

And that's fine and your right as a consumer, but you don't constitute the entire userbase nor do "a lot of people" you're assuming for. As has been pointed out, the 3DS launched very strongly worldwide and the userbase for the 3DS certainly isn't going to shrink in the next seventeen months.

So, why should Nintendo release Grey for just the 3DS when a lot of people are still using the DS? Releasing it on the DS will actually give Nintendo more than it would releasing it just for the 3DS.

No, the question is why you believe defunct hardware will still be active and relevant, much less enough of either to be the exclusive home of a system-selling game like a Pokémon core title, seventeen months from now when it is already on the way out now. Again, as a 3DS title, money is made off of sales of the game itself and sales of the hardware to anyone who didn't have a unit before then. As a DS title, money is made off of game sales and nothing else.

kuyoyo
3rd April 2011, 9:44 PM
You're right, it's defunct now. Nintendo has moved on and most of the large third-party developers will do so very shortly if they haven't already. What part of that still says "active and well-supported" to you?

That's not more practical at all. Nintendo and their associated developers are businesses, which ostensibly exist to make money. What makes more of that money for them? Software for hardware that's been on the market in one iteration or another since 2004, or software for hardware that will be less than two years old by the time this discussion topic becomes relevant?

That's about the best you can hope for, really, that the next core title is some sort of dual-compatible game like Gold and Silver, optimized for the 3DS but playable on the DS family. And again, that's the absolute best you can hope for and it's not a real strong possibility at that.

And that's fine and your right as a consumer, but you don't constitute the entire userbase nor do "a lot of people" you're assuming for. As has been pointed out, the 3DS launched very strongly worldwide and the userbase for the 3DS certainly isn't going to shrink in the next seventeen months.

No, the question is why you believe defunct hardware will still be active and relevant, much less enough of either to be the exclusive home of a system-selling game like a Pokémon core title, seventeen months from now when it is already on the way out now. Again, as a 3DS title, money is made off of sales of the game itself and sales of the hardware to anyone who didn't have a unit before then. As a DS title, money is made off of game sales and nothing else.

No, The DS is not yet defunct. Grey will make Nintendo more money if they release it on the DS as they won't have to waste the millions of dollars upgrading Black and White to full 3D in addition to the improvement to the BW storyline. Those are the facts. Nintendo would make more money from Gen V if they remain on the DS rather than halfway through converting to the 3DS. But, if there is a RS remake then that could be on the 3DS considering the fact it's a different storyline and game altogether.

BCVM22
3rd April 2011, 9:50 PM
No, The DS is not yet defunct.

Okay, you keep saying this, but you don't actually back it up. What part of anything the DS has coming up says "not defunct" to you, or at the very least, says "won't be defunct by next fall"?

Grey will make Nintendo more money if they release it on the DS as they won't have to waste the millions of dollars upgrading Black and White to full 3D in addition to the improvement to the BW storyline. Those are the facts.

No, those are you getting the facts wrong. Upgrading the Black and White engine to make for a good title for the 3DS does not cost "millions of dollars" in the slightest, nor does improving on Black and White's story elements cost anywhere near the time and money you appear to think it does. The platforms are very similar in the necessary programming, meaning the work needed to upgrade Black and White's engine (itself probably a super-upgraded version of the Generation IV engine) wouldn't be anywhere near as extensive as you appear to think, and if reports are to be believed, Game Freak has had 3DS dev kits for over a year now.

Nintendo would make more money from Gen V if they remain on the DS rather than halfway through converting to the 3DS.

We've already established why this is not the case, that they will make far more money from selling a game and the hardware to go with it (as a 3DS-exclusive core title would) than they would just the game alone. And pre-emptively, the difference in platforms would not be prohibitive and a 3DS-only core title would have no issues communicating with Black and White.

R_N
3rd April 2011, 9:52 PM
Yes I"m 100% certain it will cost millions of dollars to "upgrade" to 3DS technology when more than likely it will just use vaguely upgraded BW graphics with a bigger upper screen resolution and however they add the 3D affect (which probably won't cost that much in the long term)

Chaos Rush
3rd April 2011, 9:57 PM
Woobat is awesome and so is Swoobat.
I still feel bad for using other Pokemon and not it, though; it evolved because it loved me and all I wound up using it for after getting Solosis was a flier. Maybe next game

On my first playthrough, I had the fortune of having my Woobat evolve as early as Lv19. It was a really useful Pokemon at first, but once I got around the later Gyms, I noticed that it kept fainting... a lot... and Heart Stamp wasn't really that strong anymore. They should've given Woobat a third evolution that could rival Crobat. Crobat was awesome in my first Diamond playthrough, it was godly when my Golbat evolved at only Lv23, and remained a useful team member for the duration of the journey. Unfortunately, Swoobat seemed to become weaker and weaker as the journey went on...

R_N
3rd April 2011, 10:01 PM
On my first playthrough, I had the fortune of having my Woobat evolve as early as Lv19. It was a really useful Pokemon at first, but once I got around the later Gyms, I noticed that it kept fainting... a lot... and Heart Stamp wasn't really that strong anymore. They should've given Woobat a third evolution that could rival Crobat. Crobat was awesome in my first Diamond playthrough, it was godly when my Golbat evolved at only Lv23, and remained a useful team member for the duration of the journey. Unfortunately, Swoobat seemed to become weaker and weaker as the journey went on...

Yeah, an evolution will do it a lot of good. As it is, it's really frail and doesn't have enough special attack oomph to stick around for long.
And so would Simple, if Dream Woobat ever gets released through events or Pokemon Typing. Amnesia & Calm Mind oh my~

abraxas
3rd April 2011, 10:14 PM
Ah, S/Woobat. I fell for the little bugger right from the start, and was happy to place one on my team, which, for the first bit of the game, was one of my power houses (Roggenrolla being the main). And even though once it evolved, and everything else started becoming better and better, while it stayed medioce, I was ok with it still being part of the team. Until...
Sigilyph. That was the downfall for Swoobat. Same typing, but far better stats and moves. It was just way better at doing what Swoobat should have been doing. The only use Swoobat gets, now, is post game flying. ;-; I do feel a little bad for that. ;x

R_N
3rd April 2011, 10:19 PM
Damn you Nintendo for making us feel for this adorable collection of pixels and data ;-;

CaptainCombusken
3rd April 2011, 10:21 PM
WHY did you use Heart Stamp? It's a physical move, Swoobat is a special attacker. Plus it's only 60 Power. Keeping confusion for a long while and then getting Future Sight and then Psychic is what I did and I had good success with it. I mostly used Air Cutter and Air Slash until then anyway...

But yeah. I like Swoobat. A lot.

SasakiThePikachu
3rd April 2011, 11:36 PM
Ah, S/Woobat. I fell for the little bugger right from the start, and was happy to place one on my team, which, for the first bit of the game, was one of my power houses (Roggenrolla being the main). And even though once it evolved, and everything else started becoming better and better, while it stayed medioce, I was ok with it still being part of the team. Until...
Sigilyph. That was the downfall for Swoobat. Same typing, but far better stats and moves. It was just way better at doing what Swoobat should have been doing. The only use Swoobat gets, now, is post game flying. ;-; I do feel a little bad for that. ;x

Sounds like my experience with my Seismitoad (then a Palpitoad).

She carried my team for a long time, but now with my Hydreigon and Volcarona all grown up, she's the weak link in my party. Sorry, Stef ;__;

KickAsh
3rd April 2011, 11:37 PM
I found that breeding a Woobat with Roost helps it. A lot.
But ultimately, I still replaced it. It's just not that good.

They should've given Woobat a third evolution that could rival Crobat.
*Sigh* That would be so awesome. The design would be cool, but also it would make Swoobat sooo much better.

WHY did you use Heart Stamp?
I guess the flinching.

And so would Simple, if Dream Woobat ever gets released through events or Pokemon Typing. Amnesia & Calm Mind oh my~
^Just wait, Swoobat. You'll have your day. Jusssst wait....

Sabonea_Masukippa
4th April 2011, 12:22 AM
Oh lord, the mere mention of a Swoobat evolution has set me off on Gen 6 speculation again...Must resist...must resist ...

Um ... so .... how's about that Amoongus? Huh? Grass/poison, haven't seen that for a while, aye? Huh? huh?

Grei
4th April 2011, 12:25 AM
Um ... so .... how's about that Amoongus? Huh? Grass/poison, haven't seen that for a while, aye? Huh? huh?

I feel a Tentacool-esque annoyance every time I see one.

Though Foongus is adorable. :3

SasakiThePikachu
4th April 2011, 12:29 AM
Oh lord, the mere mention of a Swoobat evolution has set me off on Gen 6 speculation again...Must resist...must resist ...

Can't see either without saying 'the foongus is amoongus' out loud in a scottish accent, which is pretty funny when I'm playing DS in a public place.

Chaos Rush
4th April 2011, 12:31 AM
I am obsessing over the fact that Golurk can learn Fly. It's so epic that I'm going to use him as my flyer.

Sabonea_Masukippa
4th April 2011, 12:38 AM
^For some reason Golurk just makes me ... do fangirl-eqsue screams of amazement. I love its design.

BTW, have you seen the images of it flying yet? Epic

5th Villa
4th April 2011, 1:37 AM
Is the any meaning behind Solosis's name ? And it's weird cause I always associate Solosis with Scoliosis ( a curve of the backbone )

R_N
4th April 2011, 1:42 AM
Is the any meaning behind Solosis's name ? And it's weird cause I always associate Solosis with Scoliosis ( a curve of the backbone )

solo, as in one, and sis from things like meiosis

BCVM22
4th April 2011, 1:42 AM
Solo- from "singular/only/one" and -sis from meiosis/mitosis, cell division. Literally, it's "one cell".

Ballistixz
4th April 2011, 4:43 AM
anyone that uses tangrowth can tell me how useful it is? i was looking at its stats and it seems to be very meaty with the exception of its speed and special defense.

i was thinking of like putting sleep powder, toxic, giga drain, and leech seed on it but idk. im new to this competitive pokemon stuff.

RedMage23
4th April 2011, 8:36 AM
It's amazing how much of a difference one move can make. I made a Zoroark, but at first I wasn't sure of its movepool. I planned it to be a straight, no-nonsense special sweeper, so I taught her Night Daze, Grass Knot, Shadow Ball, and Foul Play. I used her on the Battle Subway and wasn't really doing all that well. Then, I double-checked its movepool, and discovered it could learn freaking FLAMETHROWER. Needless to say, I replaced Shadow Ball, and I wrecked the Battle Subway's single track in one go. I LOVE Zoroark now, it's one of my favorite Pokemon. It's mostly because of the illusion; I usually have it masquerading as Sawk, which works quite nicely.

Shiny Arcanine
4th April 2011, 1:43 PM
^For some reason Golurk just makes me ... do fangirl-eqsue screams of amazement. I love its design.

BTW, have you seen the images of it flying yet? Epic

This is my golurks name

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlWaTAZUxUQ

LexSuicune
4th April 2011, 10:01 PM
Golurk quickly skyrocketed to my top ten Pokemon list after I saw it flying <3

SasakiThePikachu
4th April 2011, 10:10 PM
I don't get the obsession with Golurk. I guess it's just not 'monsterish' enough for me. But then, I don't tend to like genderless pokes.

It learns Fly because it's meant to be like a mecha, right? In that case I might nickname my 'Wing Zero' :3

For anyone using a Haxorus...would you recommend Jolly or Adamant nature? I kinda of lean toward Jolly because its atk is already evil and the speed badly needs boosting...but my Mienshao is Adamant, and damn does she kick butt...

BCVM22
4th April 2011, 10:38 PM
It learns Fly because it's meant to be like a mecha, right?

It's half-ancient golem, half-Gigantor-esque anime mecha, which accounts for the Fly ability, yes.

Porygandrew
4th April 2011, 10:45 PM
It's half-ancient golem, half-Gigantor-esque anime mecha, which accounts for the Fly ability, yes.

I'm calling different robo-formes for Golurk in Cobalt.

Silent Conversation
4th April 2011, 10:51 PM
I'm calling different robo-formes for Golurk in Cobalt.

That would be awesome, but I feel like it's not gonna happen. Golurk is too much of an...average...Pokemon to get new forms. Could happen, though, and I'd love it if it did happen.

But the 3rd game isn't gonna be called Cobalt...

rocky505
4th April 2011, 10:52 PM
But the 3rd game isn't gonna be called Cobalt... How do you know?

Silent Conversation
4th April 2011, 10:55 PM
How do you know?

It just doesn't really fit with the theme of Black and White. It's too out of place to be the name of the third game. It's cooler than Grey, but less likely.

Blackjack the Titan
4th April 2011, 11:12 PM
That would be awesome, but I feel like it's not gonna happen. Golurk is too much of an...average...Pokemon to get new forms. Could happen, though, and I'd love it if it did happen.

But the 3rd game isn't gonna be called Cobalt...

Why would you say Golurk is average? Sure it's a Ground/Ghost type, but like Rotom, it should be given the ability to change into different forms. It should transform into different mechanical forms that show the seal on its body (yes, like a Transformer)

PandaGuns
4th April 2011, 11:14 PM
For anyone using a Haxorus...would you recommend Jolly or Adamant nature? I kinda of lean toward Jolly because its atk is already evil and the speed badly needs boosting...but my Mienshao is Adamant, and damn does she kick butt...

Adamant + Outrage is beastly. But I do occasionally wish it had a higher speed, yes.

BCVM22
4th April 2011, 11:27 PM
Why would you say Golurk is average?

Because it's a rank-and-file Pokémon. Rotom was one-off, waiting for you at the back end of an abandoned mansion and had a concept that actually made sense with the forme changes, that it was an electric poltergeist capable of possessing electrical devices. Golett and Golurk are none of those things.

Sure it's a Ground/Ghost type, but like Rotom, it should be given the ability to change into different forms.

Based on what?

It should transform into different mechanical forms that show the seal on its body (yes, like a Transformer)

There's nothing about Golurk or its concept that says "Transformer", and the giant robots to which Golurk owes much of its concept and design were not the sort that transformed into jets and cars. This may well be the nerdiest sentence ever, but not all giant robots are created equal.

Blackjack the Titan
4th April 2011, 11:34 PM
What if, in the third installment, we are presented a certain iten that lets us remove Golurks' seals and they gain a different ability, type, and form. I would like to see Nintendo come up with something like that.

BCVM22
4th April 2011, 11:36 PM
But that's completely random and largely baseless. There's nothing about Golett or Golurk that says "impending forme change". Rotom, at the very least, was hiding inside a TV in D/P, giving you some hint as to the concept.

Regardless, Nintendo has no hand in the Pokémon titles.

Lorde
5th April 2011, 12:25 AM
I don't get the obsession with Golurk.

Neither do I, but it seems like everyone I've talked to loves that thing. I also don't really get the obsession with Golett. I like their type combination but that's about it. I guess I just dislike genderless Pokemon because you can't Ship them. But yeah, Haxorus is a great Pokemon. I traded for one this morning and I've been using it all day long. It's really reliable in battle and I like that. I remember back when we had some screenshots of it in battle. Some people believed that Axew evolved into it but I couldn't believe that. Imagine my surprise when it turned out to be true :s

Silent Conversation
5th April 2011, 1:43 AM
Why would you say Golurk is average? Sure it's a Ground/Ghost type, but like Rotom, it should be given the ability to change into different forms. It should transform into different mechanical forms that show the seal on its body (yes, like a Transformer)

I don't mean average as in quality, I mean average as in its relevance to its game. Think about it - you can find Golett in the wild, and while it's a good Pokemon, it doesn't have a "backstory" that would suggest it could get new forms.

Take both Rotom and Castform. They're both Pokemon you can't find in the wild, and must get by doing something specific. Both of them have aspects that would make them suitable for forms (Rotom is a ghost that can live inside a television, and Castform is affected by the weather and experimented on by the Weather Institute)

R_N
5th April 2011, 1:47 AM
What if, in the third installment, we are presented a certain iten that lets us remove Golurks' seals and they gain a different ability, type, and form. I would like to see Nintendo come up with something like that.

I'm certain that removing the seal sealing the power source would be nothing but fantastic things and not just release all the energy being sealed causing the golem to become motionless

KickAsh
5th April 2011, 1:53 AM
I'm certain that removing the seal sealing the power source would be nothing but fantastic things and not just release all the energy being sealed causing the golem to become motionless
That would be an interesting form.
Ace Trainer Kenny sent out Golurk!
Serperior used Leaf Blade!
It's super effective!
The opponent's Golurk did nothing...

Silent Conversation
5th April 2011, 1:56 AM
That would be an interesting form.
Ace Trainer Kenny sent out Golurk!
Serperior used Leaf Blade!
It's super effective!
The opponent's Golurk did nothing...

You know, I'm sure someone will come up with some interesting, complex strategy on how to make that work in their favour...

KickAsh
5th April 2011, 2:05 AM
You know, I'm sure someone will come up with some interesting, complex strategy on how to make that work in their favour...
Oh my God you're right....*coughSmogoncough*
That's kind of scary, isn't it?

Grei
5th April 2011, 2:05 AM
It just doesn't really fit with the theme of Black and White. It's too out of place to be the name of the third game. It's cooler than Grey, but less likely.

One could argue that Crystal did not fit with Gold and Silver, and Platinum did not fit with Diamond or Pearl.

RedMage23
5th April 2011, 2:56 AM
One could argue that Crystal did not fit with Gold and Silver, and Platinum did not fit with Diamond or Pearl.

Exactly. They seem like they should be switched.

R_N
5th April 2011, 2:58 AM
I think platinum fits. All three are very valuable (somewhat pretty) minerals/gems

XXD17
5th April 2011, 3:20 AM
WHY did you use Heart Stamp? It's a physical move, Swoobat is a special attacker. Plus it's only 60 Power. Keeping confusion for a long while and then getting Future Sight and then Psychic is what I did and I had good success with it. I mostly used Air Cutter and Air Slash until then anyway...

But yeah. I like Swoobat. A lot.

The problem is that it doesn't learn any special psychic moves besides confusion until level 41 and you don't get many TM's that can benefit it...When I went through black, I wanted to change it up bit (and I also wanted to train different pokemon that I can ultimately transfer to my master cartridge on white) so I decided to abandon my basic early team layout of Serperior, Unfezant, Stoutland, Darmanitan, Krookodile, and Zebstrika for something different...I went for a Samurott, Swoobat, Leavanny, Zebstrika, Simisear, and Sawk...I needed the zebra for t-wave, Sawk, Samurott, and simisear so I can eventually transfer them and swoobat and leavanny because they evolve with happiness so might as well train them now to save happiness training time later...So I searched and found a bashful woobat with great SA IV's so I decided to train it...when it finally evolved at level 20, it was the fastest poke on my team with a hardy dewott, serious Sawk, Quirky Blitzle, quirky pansear, and jolly swadloon...It often got to attack first but its attack power fell short...eventually, I placed the pansear to the PC, since i didn't really train it after the 1st gym, for an axew and all my pokes evolved...surprisingly, the Sawk I had was really powerful helping make take out Clay's excadrill with one brick break...the leavanny was no slouch either being super fast and with great attack...zebstrika was OK and Samurott powned...the bat, however, kind of sucked...even though it knew air slash, calm mind, confusion, and charge beam, it didn't do much...I kind of stopped training it since it can't take out anything without dying itself, it was outsped by both sawk and leavanny, but i kept it on the team since it was the only flying type I bothered to train and I need a flyer...eventually, my Sawk and my MODEST Haxorus became my powerhouses...so that's my horrible experience with swoobat...it's a very cute pokemon and I love its cry but it really couldn't match up to even my old sassy unfezant...

Pseudo-Unlegendary
5th April 2011, 3:20 AM
You know what I think is pretty cool, the starters this gen are so even. Same base stats, similar in popularity (unlike the Meganiums of the world), all are about pretty even competitively and any one of them are useable.

Mario with Lasers
5th April 2011, 3:29 AM
Actually, Serperior is MUCH more competitive than the other two... unless you ignore DW abilities, if then Emboar has a TR niche but besides it, all of them suck equally.

poor Samurott

not that I care about him, haha sucker

Grei
5th April 2011, 3:34 AM
Also, if the early hatred for all three final evolutions of the starters is discounted, I recall quite a bit of hatred for Emboar. If I were to have ranked the Starters from most-liked to least-liked, it would have been Serperior-Samurott-Emboar.

Now Samurott is widely-adored, but Emboar still gets a bit of flack for being a Fire/Fighting-type. And for not being super-pretty.

Although I personally love all three of them a lot. I think this is the best set of Starters we've ever had, excluding the Kanto trio (Johto was pretty good, also).

XXD17
5th April 2011, 3:43 AM
The only usable one really is serperior, great defenses, great boosting moves, but a crappy movepool...Emboar is too slow and has horrible defenses, unless it's on a trick room team, it can't do much...and samurott's stats are just too average...

Hejiru
5th April 2011, 4:46 AM
Actually, Serperior is MUCH more competitive than the other two... unless you ignore DW abilities, if then Emboar has a TR niche but besides it, all of them suck equally.

Perversity Serperior with Leaf Storm, anyone?

R_N
5th April 2011, 6:32 AM
Perversity Serperior with Leaf Storm, anyone?

That would be what he's referring to, yes

isshoni
5th April 2011, 10:42 AM
I don't get the obsession with Golurk. I guess it's just not 'monsterish' enough for me. But then, I don't tend to like genderless pokes.

Yeah me neither. I have absolutely no idea what makes it so cool that so many people have to be obsessed with it, but then again, we all have our favourites.

I still, however, think that it's definately not gonna get any different formes in a similar way that Rotom did, because it's just a normal Pokémon with nothing special to it. It's just about as likely to get new formes as say Musharna or Ferrothorn or any other. Also, it being genderless I don't see anything like Gallade or Froslass coming either.

Exactly. They seem like they should be switched.

On this I agree simply because Platinum would better go with Silver and Gold with all of them being precious metals and Crystal might also be better suited to accompany Diamond and Pearl.

I think platinum fits. All three are very valuable (somewhat pretty) minerals/gems

However, I also think that these sets of three complement each other very well having seemingly out of place third members, which could easily be swapped with each other. Besides, Crystal obviously had to be Crystal because of Suicune. Suicune has a bloody crystal on its head and it was given a much greater role in the plot than any other mascot had ever gotten before. (I think Pikachu doesn't count here, the whole game being based on the anime and all) So it's only fair that it got a game with a suiting name.

Blackjack the Titan
5th April 2011, 11:17 AM
Sorry if I'm being redudnant, but what if the pattern is starting all over again?
Once you walk out of Nuvema Town, it says Route 1. Could this mean another section of Pokémon is unfolding? You don't meet older pokés till you beat N and Ghetsis.
So could the game pattern go as the following:

Color/Color
Color

Metal/Metal
Gem

Gem/Gem
Gem

Gem/Gem
Metal

As I can recall, every other (when starting with gen 1) gen have a title relating to the first two, and every other (starting with gen 2) gen have a title unrelated to the first two games.

I'm more concerned about the ominous Route 1 which, to me, got processed as, "OmG r they starting another saga of Pokémon?"

Dracoste
5th April 2011, 11:37 AM
I'm more concerned about the ominous Route 1 which, to me, got processed as, "OmG r they starting another saga of Pokémon?"

They started with route 1 again, cause they want to have a new start. They want people to experience Pokémon BW just like people experienced RB, that's is also the reason you don't meet any Pokémon from other gens until you have the national dex.

SasakiThePikachu
5th April 2011, 3:08 PM
I heart Meganium. It wasn't as awesome as Typhlosion, but it's sure as hell prettier than Feraligatr. But anyways...

Interesting theory that the Pokemon reboot might include the game names too. It kind of fits considering we've just had Black and White. To be honest I'll be surprised if they call the 3rd game 'Grey', even if it fits with Kyurem, because it sounds a bit...well, dull, but I just can't think of what else it'll be. I'm hoping for Purple...that would be cool. I just don't see Crimson as a possibility...it's too close to Red, Fire Red and Ruby. Oh hell, I don't know.

*cracks knuckles*

So, who else loves the Tynamo line?

Weaver_8
5th April 2011, 3:33 PM
I heart Meganium. It wasn't as awesome as Typhlosion, but it's sure as hell prettier than Feraligatr. But anyways...

Interesting theory that the Pokemon reboot might include the game names too. It kind of fits considering we've just had Black and White. To be honest I'll be surprised if they call the 3rd game 'Grey', even if it fits with Kyurem, because it sounds a bit...well, dull, but I just can't think of what else it'll be. I'm hoping for Purple...that would be cool. I just don't see Crimson as a possibility...it's too close to Red, Fire Red and Ruby. Oh hell, I don't know.

*cracks knuckles*

I think the fact that Grey sounds so dull shows how well it would fit with Kyurem. The Pokemon Kyurem as someone had aptly said before was that Kyurem looks like a broken chicken. The Pokemon itself looks rather dull and wobbly in itself.

Also I love the Tynamo line! Especially the last one in this line. He's skipping!

Kariachi
5th April 2011, 4:08 PM

*cracks knuckles*

I'm still going with Sepia. Kyurem wouldn't show clearly on a gray package.

I like the Tynamo line's designs, but I've yet to train one. Have to get on that.

isshoni
5th April 2011, 4:48 PM
To be honest I'll be surprised if they call the 3rd game 'Grey', even if it fits with Kyurem, because it sounds a bit...well, dull, but I just can't think of what else it'll be. I'm hoping for Purple...that would be cool. I just don't see Crimson as a possibility...it's too close to Red, Fire Red and Ruby. Oh hell, I don't know.

I'm personally certain that the third version will be called Grey/Gray just because it has to. I can't live in a world where black and white aren't followed by grey. Besides, grey's my absolute favourite colour too, so I could never see it as dull.

I'm not feeling Crimson as a Pokémon title. It just doesn't sound right, but if there's gotta be a Pokémon game titled Crimson, I'd pair it up with something like Indigo and still it seems kinda bad. I mean Red & Blue and Ruby & Sapphire anyone?

*cracks knuckles*

Tynamo line along with Serperior, Cryogonal and Mienshao were the only ones I loved instantly this gen.

PokemonOwn
5th April 2011, 4:56 PM
Tynamo line along with Serperior, Cryogonal and Mienshao were the only ones I loved instantly this gen.

My Cryogonal swept the last Gym with just Ice Beam.

I do! The final evolution has no weaknesses! Levitate + Electric type = Win.

Chaos Rush
5th April 2011, 5:38 PM
When I first saw Cryogonal in the ice Gym, I thought, "wow, Cryogonal is officially the coolest looking Pokemon ever". I would like to use it on my current playthrough, but there's so many Pokemon I would like to try ;_; , plus Cryogonal has terrible Defense.

I find it hard to decide what my team should be just because of how awesome I think these Pokemon look: Zebstrika, Gigalith, Excadrill, Conkledurr, Scolipede, Liligant, Krookodile, Sigilyph, Reinclus, Klinklang, Eelektross, Chandelure, Haxorus, Cryogonal, Mienshao, Golurk, Bisharp, Braviary, Hydreigon...

GaZsTiC
5th April 2011, 5:49 PM
I despise Cyrogonal. It's just so freaky looking.

PokemonOwn
5th April 2011, 6:00 PM
I despise Cyrogonal. It's just so freaky looking.

I thought that too. However, I enjoyed using it through the game. It it very fast, and can cover it's Rock weakness, by using Flash Cannon. It's Shiny Sprite is horrible, though...

PokemonOwn
5th April 2011, 6:13 PM
Anyone's thoughts on Sigilyph? I love it. It's fast, and it's strong. It's not too frail either.

EDIT: The reason why I may have double posted, is because there was a SpamBot above me, and his post may have been deleted.

abraxas
5th April 2011, 6:31 PM
Sigilyph is great. I had no intention of using it, but after having battled a few, I found them to be fairly tough, and decided to give one a try. It became the death of my team's Swoobat, though (Now just a post game travel slave). Adding Shadowball and Charge Beam, while already having Psychic and Air Slash, he pretty much took on the vast majority of the E4.

TsukiMirage
5th April 2011, 6:50 PM
Sigilyph has been awesome. Much more helpful then Reuniclus was on my team. Though it was a ***** to find one with a good nature.

Robotic Wind
5th April 2011, 6:58 PM
I've never seen Golurk fly...I don't even own the games but, IF I did I would no doubt own Golurk for my flyer...amazing poke.

Not as amazing as Cryogonal though....

Lorde
5th April 2011, 8:00 PM
Sigilyph is ok I guess. I haven't been able to find one yet but I think it looks really cool. I remember thinking that the little thing on top of its head looked sort of like an Unown at one point. Anyway, I really enjoyed the Psychic-type Pokemon in this generation. Gothitelle is my favorite Psychic-type introduced in Generation 5 but Woobat is a close second. Those alien Pokemon have also grown on me recently and I even plan on using the evolved form of Elgyem in White version soon.

Blackjack the Titan
5th April 2011, 8:25 PM
If Golurk was to use Fly completely for battling purposes, it would only cover its Grass weakness. Bug isn't good against Ghost so…

Rakurai
5th April 2011, 8:38 PM
Moves are chosen mainly to cover the opponent's weaknesses, not the Pokemon's own.

Fly is kind of mediocre, considering your opponent will just take the opportunity to switch out if you try to use it on a human player. Though I would like to see a Golurk use it in whatever 3D title they plan on making for the amusement factor.

Robotic Wind
5th April 2011, 11:05 PM
I haven't had a chance to look at Siglyph's moves but I like its design.

For those who have tried it how is Cryogonal??

KickAsh
5th April 2011, 11:41 PM
Anyway, I really enjoyed the Psychic-type Pokemon in this generation. Gothitelle is my favorite Psychic-type introduced in Generation 5 but Woobat is a close second. Those alien Pokemon have also grown on me recently and I even plan on using the evolved form of Elgyem in White version soon.
Amen to that. I love Gothitelle.

It outspeeds a whole bunch of stuff, scores some acceptable damage, withstands almost any special attack that comes its way, and then 2HKOs the opponent. I found this to be the case. I didn't use it for very long, though, as I bred a Shellder that will probably outshine Cryogonal once it evolves.

Silent Conversation
5th April 2011, 11:47 PM
I haven't used either of the two version exclusive psychic types, but just from its stats and moves Reuniclus looks a lot better. Give it a Quick Claw and it's just about perfect.

KickAsh
5th April 2011, 11:58 PM
^Well, I know Reuniclus is a beast competitively, but I stubbornly insist on using Gothitelle. I love that thing. It was actually a deciding factor a while ago as to which game I would buy. My thoughts were: "I like Reshiram a lot better, but if Gothitelle is exclusive to White then I'm getting White."

Gothitelle is ok in-game so far, and I haven't used her competitively yet. I want it to have Shadow Tag, so I have to wait for the DW to open.
I'm also interested in Miracle Eye, so I think I'll hatch a Gothita with that eventually. Just another random project.

EDIT: Gothitelle's moves
-Psyshock
-Toxic
-Tickle
-Fake Tears
^Not bad, but will be much better with Shadow Tag.

Grei
6th April 2011, 12:55 AM
I haven't had a chance to look at Siglyph's moves but I like its design.

From what I heard, its defense is too low to really be extremely useful. But then, neither are Lilligant's, and she's done extremely well for me.

R_N
6th April 2011, 1:27 AM
Lilligant is death to all who oppose her
As is Vanilluxe but mostly Lilligant

Dragrath
6th April 2011, 1:37 AM
Lilligant is death to all who oppose her
As is Vanilluxe but mostly Lilligant

Lilligant... Oblivious +quiver danced boosted pedal dance = death to all who don't resist grass... :)

R_N
6th April 2011, 1:47 AM
Petal Dance is for chumps
You never need it

Just use Giga Drain (still use Own Tempo, though, confusion immunity is sweet)

abraxas
6th April 2011, 2:00 AM
I'm....I'm a chump, Snowy? ;-;
Anyway, however you use Lilligant, she is a beast. Sure, she looks all sweet, gentle, and innocent, but she was born to destroy.
That said,in the end, I did keep Simisage on my team, rather than Lilli, but I do plan on having her a first string member on my White run through.

Sapphire Kirby
6th April 2011, 2:03 AM
Petal Dance is for chumps
You never need it

Just use Giga Drain (still use Own Tempo, though, confusion immunity is sweet)

Exactly! While Haruna (my Lilligent) was unluckily graced with Chlorophyll, the attacks Giga Drain, Sleep Powder, Dream Eater, and Quiver Dance works wonders for me! Whats beater than STAB healing?

I originally wasn't going to catch a Petalil because two grass types on my team would be redundant. But when I entered Pinwheel Forest I just had to catch the first one I saw.

So, was their any Pokemon you didn't plan for your main team but caught anyway.

R_N
6th April 2011, 2:14 AM
I ran Quiver Dance/Leech Seed/Sleep Powder/Giga Drain holding a Big Root
Self healing killing machines (with added sleep benefits) are the best ones.

I'm still surprised I used Gigalith & Vanilluxe, but I don't regret it. They were fantastic (and Vanill is so cuuuute)

Mark_Chaos
6th April 2011, 2:23 AM
Golurk is now my new favorite ghost type. Also, new favorite Steel Type Bisharp along with dark type Zoroak.

Grei
6th April 2011, 2:28 AM
Exactly! While Haruna (my Lilligent) was unluckily graced with Chlorophyll, the attacks Giga Drain, Sleep Powder, Dream Eater, and Quiver Dance works wonders for me! Whats beater than STAB healing?

I originally wasn't going to catch a Petalil because two grass types on my team would be redundant. But when I entered Pinwheel Forest I just had to catch the first one I saw.

So, was their any Pokemon you didn't plan for your main team but caught anyway.

Lilligant is amazing. Although I use Petal Dance. I love that attack. ._.

Beartic in Black run #1. I completely fulfilled my plans for White, so there weren't any unexpected twists in that game.

Dragrath
6th April 2011, 3:50 AM
Lilligant is amazing. Although I use Petal Dance. I love that attack. ._.

Beartic in Black run #1. I completely fulfilled my plans for White, so there weren't any unexpected twists in that game.

Don't be ashamed as a boosted pedal dance can **** on anything (180 power w/ STAB) without an immunity where gigadrain might heal it turns up lacking in sheer power...(Although it is quite competent w/ big root and dosen't lock you in for 2/3 turns...)You would need enough boosts to survive a hit so energy ball would be a better bet in my opinion.

TsukiMirage
6th April 2011, 4:02 AM
Yeah, Lilligant is awesome. She really saved me during the pokemon league and the battle with Ghetsis. Even Hydreigon wasn't much trouble after a couple of Quiver Dances. Though to be honest, it did use most of it's Fire Blast up on the rest of my team.

isshoni
6th April 2011, 7:12 AM
Beartic in Black run #1.

I used a Beartic too even though I wasn't gonna. It proved to be surprisingly bad actually. And I think it's safe to say it's really bad when it's bad even with decent IVs (I spent hours hunting a proper Cubchoo and all I found were Cryogonal..)(..and I'm still wondering why on earth didn't I train one of them instead) and EV training in-game.

I just personally had a really really bad experience with my Beartic. My Vullaby swept half the E4 and N and Ghetsis by herself, even my Stunfisk just refused to faint when my big and strong Beartic didn't do anything but faint. Maybe Ice really is just too bad a type defensively speaking.

Musharna wasn't supposed to be on my first team either.

Ballistixz
6th April 2011, 8:21 AM
I used a Beartic too even though I wasn't gonna. It proved to be surprisingly bad actually. And I think it's safe to say it's really bad when it's bad even with decent IVs (I spent hours hunting a proper Cubchoo and all I found were Cryogonal..)(..and I'm still wondering why on earth didn't I train one of them instead) and EV training in-game.

I just personally had a really really bad experience with my Beartic. My Vullaby swept half the E4 and N and Ghetsis by herself, even my Stunfisk just refused to faint when my big and strong Beartic didn't do anything but faint. Maybe Ice really is just too bad a type defensively speaking.

Musharna wasn't supposed to be on my first team either.

ya i hated beartic aswell. i dont get why some ppl like him. i tried to use him, i really did, but he just sucks... if its ice specific pokemon then any of the other ice types in black/white are better then the bear. not only that but its atk stat is the dominant stat and its special atk is so very low. and if im not mistaken, isnt all ice type moons special oriented moves? last i checked blizzard/icebeam/etc were special moves... maybe thats why he sucks.

Edit: nvm he got ice punch/icicle crash which are both physical. still id rather have another ice type pokemon.

isshoni
6th April 2011, 8:34 AM
Oh don't get me wrong here, I love his design and him as a poke, but he just wasn't very usable.

He also gets Icicle Crash which is physical and has 85 BP iirc. He also gets all the coverage in the world with the rest of his move pool, but mine usually fainted before he could hit anything. Even with max hp.

His special attack is something like 70 iirc, which is usually still very usable in-game. Anything's usable in-game so it shouldn't be that much of a problem.

Ballistixz
6th April 2011, 8:41 AM
meh i hated everything about him including his looks tbh.

vanilluxe seems to have better overall stats then the bear. even its speed is significantly higher. and since vanilluxes is special oriented type he can use special atks like ice beam and blizzard for higher damage.

crygonal has massive special defense and speed over the bear as well. it even has decent special atk. and kyurem is better for obvious reasons.

TheJugganawt
6th April 2011, 8:51 AM
I bred two lucarios together about 40 times to get an adamant Riolu, it achieved level 27 and started evolving but I cancelled it, now it wont evolve anymore. What do i do?!

Hejiru
6th April 2011, 8:57 AM
I bred two lucarios together about 40 times to get an adamant Riolu, it achieved level 27 and started evolving but I cancelled it, now it wont evolve anymore. What do i do?!

It'll try to evolve again next time it levels up.

magentaman
6th April 2011, 9:55 AM

rilou only evolves in daytime. if it's night in your game now, it won't evolve

SasakiThePikachu
6th April 2011, 11:23 AM

What the last two posts said - and this isn't the place to ask questions like that, you need the help thread.

Thanks for the warning, guys, I was just considering using a Beartic and now believe I had a narrow escape o.O It's horrifying how many pokes I had no intention of using have now wormed their way into my heart and are demanding a spot on my next play through. Sigilyph, Cinccino, Swanna (if just for the beauty of it ;__; ), Simisage, Scolipede...hell, even Druddigon is looking good to me now. I fully believe that by the time 6th gen comes out, I will have played with every single available Unova pokemon. I don't think I've ever been so in love with the selection before o.O

Rockstar95
6th April 2011, 11:54 AM
Started my second playthough few mins ago
Took Oshawatt this time and managed myself a modest on th efirst try that made me really happy

Chimchar15
6th April 2011, 12:09 PM
Anyone who says Beartic sucks isn't using him right. He can't take many hits I'll give you that but mine has raped plenty Pokemon in-game.

Darkmega354
6th April 2011, 2:54 PM
I didn't really have a team plan, but... I used a Munna up until I beat the last gym, even though I was sorta planning on having my friemd trade me a Solosis from his White game. I was also using a Druddigon until its ugliness was too much to bear. I then switched it for a Haxorus. Best decision ever.

On another note:Klingklang. Is it any good in-game? I really like its design, but pure steel-type just seems boring to me for some reason.

TraverseTown
6th April 2011, 3:36 PM
I used a Cryogonal as soon as I could get one. It was Autumn of course and the encounter rate was 1%. I found one in a few minutes. I knew how rare it was and that it was genderless, so I didn't bother to check the nature.

Anyway, it really like it! It usually performs very well during Random WiFi Rotation Battles. I usually hold using it until towards the end so I can predict when a special move is coming. I like using it with Confuse Ray for some reason. Also, I apparently chose to give it Flash Cannon instead of Recover. I'm fixing that soon.

Flygon_Frank_66
6th April 2011, 4:06 PM
I've got a Leafeon male that I'm trying to breed with a Ditto,
I bred them many times in my Soul Silver. So I moved them to
my White and they can't breed anymore.

Any idea why??

Dracoste
6th April 2011, 4:18 PM
I've got a Leafeon male that I'm trying to breed with a Ditto,
I bred them many times in my Soul Silver. So I moved them to
my White and they can't breed anymore.

Any idea why??

What does the Day-care man say when you have those two in the day-care?

If he says that they want to play with other pokémon rather than each other they can't breed.

If he says "they don't seem to like each other" they still can breed.

But next time ask this in the Help Thread.

Valoo.
6th April 2011, 4:22 PM
^ This isnt a help thread. (sorry ninja'd meant the guy above you)

And Beartic....I considered using it then thought its head was too small and switche. Thank Arceus I did that

XXD17
6th April 2011, 5:28 PM
I didn't really have a team plan, but... I used a Munna up until I beat the last gym, even though I was sorta planning on having my friemd trade me a Solosis from his White game. I was also using a Druddigon until its ugliness was too much to bear. I then switched it for a Haxorus. Best decision ever.

On another note:Klingklang. Is it any good in-game? I really like its design, but pure steel-type just seems boring to me for some reason.

Klinklang is actually a pretty good poke...the only problem is that it has literally no moves...it's mainly physical in terms of attacking so gear grind is the only move it can really spam and that's it...shift gear on it works well to help boost its already decent attack and speed...it does get t-wave or toxic for status and volt switch is an option...as for other attacks, it's either return or rock smash...very good poke, very unique, smaller movepool than lilligant's or serperior's...Oh yeah, no egg moves either...

Aurath8
6th April 2011, 6:48 PM

Kliklang is one of those pokemon which, if you can find an alternative, choose the alternative. Only use it if you are adamant on using one. Almost all the time, something will be able to do a better job than Kliklang.
His physical movepool has three moves in it. gear Grind, Return(which every pokemon gets) and Rock Smash. He has Special Steel and Electric moves but not much beyond Hidden Power or Echo Voice. To summarise, he has a miniscule movepool.

Now, Beartic, if you think its bad, or worse use it defensively, ur doin' it wrong.

abraxas
6th April 2011, 7:16 PM
Poor Klinklang. I had such hope for it, I really did, but his movepool was, indeed, the death of it. And there were such better Steel types: Ferrothorn, Bisharp, Escavalier, Durant.
As for Bertic, I can't say anything for or against it, as I've yet to use it, and I have no plans on using it. Why? The head. It disturbs me. ;x It reminds me of Pinhead from Puppet Masters.

RedMage23
6th April 2011, 7:21 PM
Poor Klinklang. I had such hope for it, I really did, but his movepool was, indeed, the death of it. And there were such better Steel types: Ferrothorn, Bisharp, Escavalier, Durant.
How can you even talk about good Steel types without mentioning Excadrill? :530:

abraxas
6th April 2011, 7:25 PM
How can you even talk about good Steel types without mentioning Excadrill? :530:

I knew I was forgetting at least one... lol
Yes, Excadrill is also a very great Steel type Poke. Just another reason why Klinklang gets pushed into the corner to collcet dust.

Dracoste
6th April 2011, 7:34 PM
Well, Ingo's Klinklang was still quite tough to beat. I though, being a steel type and all, it was slow, but by my surprise it outsped all my pokémon, the only thing that gear grind did was increasing his attack, that speed boost wasn't necessary.

I lost my first battle against it....cause my Volcarona's Heat Wave missed...Grrrr....then it squashed her with a giga impact...

WhiteRaine
6th April 2011, 7:34 PM
I really like Timburr and Darumaka at the moment. I definitely don't think their the prettiest pokemon, but right now, I just finished the third gym and Darumaka was very helpful with his Fire Fang and Incinerate. Timburr, well, hes just got Low Kick that helps on pokemon whom are week to fighting. They wont be on my permanent team, I'm just saying that they ARE helpful in the beginning. :)

KickAsh
6th April 2011, 8:18 PM
I know I'm late for the name discussion, but I have to say that, as a nerd, I would have liked to see Pokemon Diamond and Pokemon Graphite.

Absol Wings
6th April 2011, 8:26 PM
I wasn't much into Darmanitan at first, even though I've always wanted Game Freak to make a daruma pokemon, but now I realized it's just one of those pokes whose sprite doesen't make them justice. The awesome thing about him is the face, but in his sprite you can hardly see only his eyes and huge mouth, and is all legs and hands. The sugimori artwork is the one that shows its true beauty :3

soda531
6th April 2011, 9:46 PM
Does anyone else find Zoroark to be kind of disappointing? I mean i fricken love his design, moves, and ability, but i find his defenses terrible. I could just suck but he gets 1 hit KOed a lot for me!

isshoni
6th April 2011, 9:54 PM
Now, Beartic, if you think its bad, or worse use it defensively, ur doin' it wrong.

No one in their right mind would ever use it defensively.

50 Base Speed is low tbh, so it'll rarely get to go first. It can usually take the first hit, but whatever it can't ohko will finish it off on the second turn, so it all comes down to that speed. You can't be base 50 slow with only average defenses. Even if it did ohko the majority of opponents it'll still be taking a hit before doing so, and in-game that damage builds up faster than you'd like.

I never gave up on my lovely Beartic and I still think everything's viable in-game. It just gives you that much needed extra challenge.

R_N
6th April 2011, 10:00 PM
Meanwhile Vanilluxe & Cyronogal are zipping around going all PEW PEW with their Ice Beams and Icy Winds

Screw type coverage I have tremendous ice power

XXD17
6th April 2011, 10:22 PM
Does anyone else find Zoroark to be kind of disappointing? I mean i fricken love his design, moves, and ability, but i find his defenses terrible. I could just suck but he gets 1 hit KOed a lot for me!

A few tricks to using zoroark (based on my own online experience with a brave one) 1. discombobulate your opponent with illusion. Make zoroark impersonate another one of your pokes just let your opponent see it, then GTFO...This tactic works the best when your zoroark knows moves that the pokemon its impersonating can also learn...some moves include u-turn, focus blast and flamethrower...2. switch between real and fake...by switching between zoroark, another poke and the real thing and using different moves every time, the opponent will seriously be confused at what moves you have that is if he/ she doesn't catch on that one is actually a zoroark...I also messed with the item possibility as well by having my zoroark impersonate a reuniclus...my opponent therefore thought my reuniclus was scarfed allowing me to set up and sweep...and 3. when worse comes to worse, zoroark can still hit very hard. It might be frail but it doesn't go down quietly...

isshoni
6th April 2011, 10:23 PM
Meanwhile Vanilluxe & Cyronogal are zipping around going all PEW PEW with their Ice Beams and Icy Winds

Screw type coverage I have tremendous ice power

I wanna have that too! Luckily Twist Mountain's my next destination in White. Cryogonal, here I come ;;______;;<3 And finally you'll be mine.

I'm just currently fed up with playing. All I see are eggs. Hundreds and hundreds of eggs. I hate breeding more than words can ever express.

So maybe tomorrow.. or the day after that.. or next week..

soda531
6th April 2011, 10:41 PM
A few tricks to using zoroark (based on my own online experience with a brave one) 1. discombobulate your opponent with illusion. Make zoroark impersonate another one of your pokes just let your opponent see it, then GTFO...This tactic works the best when your zoroark knows moves that the pokemon its impersonating can also learn...some moves include u-turn, focus blast and flamethrower...2. switch between real and fake...by switching between zoroark, another poke and the real thing and using different moves every time, the opponent will seriously be confused at what moves you have that is if he/ she doesn't catch on that one is actually a zoroark...I also messed with the item possibility as well by having my zoroark impersonate a reuniclus...my opponent therefore thought my reuniclus was scarfed allowing me to set up and sweep...and 3. when worse comes to worse, zoroark can still hit very hard. It might be frail but it doesn't go down quietly...
Yeah i get what youre saying, i just used him for ingame and had a hasty nature, which i know is TERRIBLE lowering his already subpar defense. Now im breeding for an adamant or modest nature

Ballistixz
6th April 2011, 11:25 PM
Anyone who says Beartic sucks isn't using him right. He can't take many hits I'll give you that but mine has raped plenty Pokemon in-game.

what is the correct way to use him then when his only redeeming trait is his atk? he is extremely slow and his defense is not all that great. crygonal has insanely high special defense, good special atk, and very good speed. vanilluxe has high special atk, high defense, high special defense, and high speed. the bear only has high atk. not only that but since the bear focuses mainly on its physical ice side it has access to less powerful ice moves. there decent ya, but ice beam is just plain better imo.

i mean if your looking for a defensive ice pokemon why not go with crygonal for its insanely high special defense and speed?

Now, Beartic, if you think its bad, or worse use it defensively, ur doin' it wrong

first of it has such bad defense in both of its defensive stats. 2ndly i already mentioned crygo and luxe. if ur looking for a defensive ice pokemon then why not crygonal? i mean even vanilluxe has higher defensive stats and that pokemon seems to be more of the offensive type...

Sabonea_Masukippa
7th April 2011, 12:06 AM
Haven't used Beartic yet, but I love it's design. Considering real-life polar bears can be quite fast, why not

give him an evolution in Gen 6? Just take 10 off Sp At add forty speed and 5 or 10 to Attack, and both defenses. Wouldn't make him amazing, but still, it'd help.

Same with Klinklang

Give Klang an alternate evo and flip its normal stats with its special ones.

Anyway, I was playing around with some sprites and I decided to put my copy of the sheet of all the 5th gen sprites into like a silhouette. My goodness some of them like Volcorona, Chandelure, Sigilyph, are just so elegant. Most of them are beautiful. Mana Ibe (the woman who designed Herdier) said in an interview that, when designing a new Pokemon, they work on its silhouette to make sure it doesn't clash with an older one, and with the exception of Solosis and Voltorb, mission accomplished.

MetalFlygon08
7th April 2011, 3:35 AM
Give Beartic Aqua Jet

Add SteamRoller to Klinklang's moveset.

We need an 'Improvements to Gen 5 Pokemon' thread.

rocky505
7th April 2011, 3:37 AM
Give Beartic Aqua Jet

Add SteamRoller to Klinklang's moveset.

We need an 'Improvements to Gen 5 Pokemon' thread. Ice shard too!

MetalFlygon08
7th April 2011, 3:39 AM
or an exclusive...

Ice Sneeze

Beartic sneezes and sends shards of ice, pretty much Ice Shard with more POW.

IatosHaunted
7th April 2011, 3:49 AM
Since everyone's talking about the new ice-types, was anyone else dissapointed we didn't get an ice dual-type? I know last gen we got a handful, but I would've liked to see another. Ice is one of my favorite types to work with.

Lorde
7th April 2011, 5:43 AM
Since everyone's talking about the new ice-types, was anyone else dissapointed we didn't get an ice dual-type?

You mean other than Kyurem? I rarely use Ice-type Pokemon, so I personally wasn't disappointed. I thought about using Beartic at one point since I wanted something to counter Drayden's Dragon-type Pokemon with, but I decided to go with other Pokemon. I've heard complaints about Beartic so I'm kind of glad that I didn't use it. Same goes for Vanilluxe as well, although I've heard nothing but praise for it. I'm glad that people enjoy it, but it's just not the right kind of Pokemon for me.

manifesto
7th April 2011, 5:49 AM
I wanted to use Beartic so bad during my playthrough but it just didn't make the cut. I wish that they at least gave it higher defenses and made some better attacks to help it out. It can master avalanche, but that's not really a passing strategy. I'm frustrated with the new ice types because of this, sadly because even though vanilluxe and cryogonal are good, I dislike their designs. D:

WhiteRaine
7th April 2011, 5:50 AM
No matter how hard I friggin' try, I just can not make Trubbish or Purrloin grow on me. (including their evolutions) I am not a fan of their looks. At all. I also cant seem to take a fancy for Pidove and its evolutions. Da Route 1 bird just doesn't work for me in this gen. Mm mm. Nu uh, nooooo way! Dems pokemon just aren't for me. ;)

Shiny Arcanine
7th April 2011, 6:21 AM
No matter how hard I friggin' try, I just can not make Trubbish or Purrloin grow on me. (including their evolutions) I am not a fan of their looks. At all. I also cant seem to take a fancy for Pidove and its evolutions. Da Route 1 bird just doesn't work for me in this gen. Mm mm. Nu uh, nooooo way! Dems pokemon just aren't for me. ;)

eh i still like Meowth and Grimers line better than the 5th gen cat and garbage pokemon heck purgly was better than purrloin but hey just personel preferance/