PDA

View Full Version : Official Pokemon Discussion Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55

Luxrayess
24th September 2010, 6:57 PM
Tabunne is baffling to me because it's the first Pokemon where I liked the in-game sprite far far more then its art.

In what way? Can you show me it's animated sprite?

CyndaquilRules
24th September 2010, 7:03 PM
http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/923/photoon20100924at20282.png

Twas bored.

lindsy95
24th September 2010, 7:13 PM
Yeah, I'd like to see all the animations. No, not the sprite peices :<

As in and actual .GIF fileeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

charizard master 100
24th September 2010, 7:15 PM
is the snot ice bear's evolution the one with the icicles sticking out his chest

Clay Psyduck
24th September 2010, 7:22 PM
cool monkey pic. i meant to say without the flaming hair

I meant to say that I don't see the similarities at all, except the color.

is the snot ice bear's evolution the one with the icicles sticking out his chest

Yes. Although if you look closely, it appears that they are coming out of his nose too, to make a sort of icicle snot-bear-mustache.

charizard master 100
24th September 2010, 7:27 PM
i think the angry looking snowflake is going to be used quite a bit as an ice pokemon

Lorde
24th September 2010, 7:29 PM
Tabunne is baffling to me because it's the first Pokemon where I liked the in-game sprite far far more then its art.

It's actually the opposite in my case; I hate the ingame sprite and love the original Ken Sugimori artwork. I do like that Tabunne is great for training early on in the game since it gives out tons of experience points, but I dislike everything else about it since it's a wannabe Chansey, so to speak. As for that polar bear Pokemon, the nose drip thing turned me off :[

Linkdarkside
24th September 2010, 7:34 PM
yeah the baby bear is cute, more art comes out.

CyndaquilRules
24th September 2010, 7:37 PM
http://img810.imageshack.us/img810/9837/photoon20100924at20272.png

Didn't do quite as good with this one...

charizard master 100
24th September 2010, 7:39 PM
As for that polar bear Pokemon, the nose drip thing turned me off :[

for once i thought that was actually quite funny, because it tries to make itself look cute so you wont beat it up but then you send out zekrom and cross thunder it lol xp

CyndaquilRules
24th September 2010, 7:52 PM
And I'm done,

http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/250/photoon20100924at2028.png

R_N
24th September 2010, 7:55 PM
Wait it looks like Chilla has, like, three diferent sections to the scarf?

Head thing, three neck pieces, and a tail??
This is why we need a new PBR, I want to see this thing in more detail.

Lorde
24th September 2010, 7:56 PM
Thanks for posting that Ken Sugimori artwork for the Isshu Pokemon. Although they're not in the best quality, they're still really amazing. I think I like Chillarmy's evolved form a lot more now that I see it's official artwork; it actually looks like it has a coat on or something. As for Zuruggu, it still looks like a yellow reptile with sagging pants. Not my cup of tea though. I haven't seen the others but I'll check out the rest of the thread.

charizard master 100
24th September 2010, 8:06 PM
that pokemon that is trying to hold up his pants is like some idiot in class who forgot to wear his pants on P.E day

Kokoromori
24th September 2010, 8:26 PM
I wonder how the trashbag would have turned out if they used a GLAD bag. AHURHUR

charizard master 100
24th September 2010, 8:26 PM
Thanks for posting that Ken Sugimori artwork for the Isshu Pokemon. Although they're not in the best quality, they're still really amazing. I think I like Chillarmy's evolved form a lot more now that I see it's official artwork; it actually looks like it has a coat on or something. As for Zuruggu, it still looks like a yellow reptile with sagging pants. Not my cup of tea though. I haven't seen the others but I'll check out the rest of the thread.

I still think that it is stupid that every other website posts pics of the pokemon but serebii cant

Luxrayess
24th September 2010, 8:32 PM
I wonder how the trashbag would have turned out if they used a GLAD bag. AHURHUR

(Shh! The Glad bag is an Item in Pokemon Grey that turns the trash-bag Poke into Heavy-Duty Defense mode when you trade it onto Terra Ruby or Aqua Sapphire. XD)

R_N
24th September 2010, 8:41 PM
(Shh! The Glad bag is an Item in Pokemon Grey that turns the trash-bag Poke into Heavy-Duty Defense mode when you trade it onto Terra Ruby or Aqua Sapphire. XD)

Poison/Steel 120 base defense stats is nothing to scoff at!!

natie
24th September 2010, 8:55 PM
What's a glad bag? D:

charizard master 100
24th September 2010, 8:58 PM
Poison/Steel 120 base defense stats is nothing to scoff at!!

i bet everyone would be using it then

Lorde
24th September 2010, 9:04 PM
I still think that it is stupid that every other website posts pics of the pokemon but serebii cant

Well at least there are still some sites with images of the 5th Generation Pokemon. It might not be the main site but it's still nice to be able to see what the new Pokemon look like, even if you don't have the games. It's just a shame that those images floating around are just sprites, fan-art, or low quality Ken Sugimori artwork. Anyway, speaking of that garbage bag Pokemon line: I think they're an interesting replacement for Grimer and Muk. They're ugly a truck for sure but they still retain that old dirty feel that Grimer and Muk had back in the day.

LexSuicune
24th September 2010, 9:08 PM
Well lol Chinchillarmy must be quite coveted as well to make some fantastic coats.

Ricey
24th September 2010, 9:10 PM
Which pokemon is supposed to be the "punk"?

Blazios
24th September 2010, 9:13 PM

Zuruggu (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Zuruggu_%28Pok%C3%A9mon%29) and its evolved form Zuruzkin (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Zuruzukin_%28Pok%C3%A9mon%29), I think.

Linkdarkside
its a shame that Electarantula did not have a third stage,though at least it got decent stats and could end whit a evo in sixth gen.

I wonder how the trashbag would have turned out if they used a GLAD bag. AHURHURHefty Hefty Hefty

charizard master 100

zuruzukin. i belive it is a fighting/dark type and is mostly attack based. it has pink punk hair, trousers on the floor and you can see a hoddie from behind

charizard master 100
24th September 2010, 9:17 PM
[QUOTE=Linkdarkside;11652011]its a shame that Electarantula did not have a third stage,though at least it got decent stats and could end whit a evo in sixth gen.

it would have been good. i was thinking of using it

CyndaquilRules
24th September 2010, 9:19 PM
What's a glad bag? D:

http://reportyourcomplaint.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/Glad-ForceFlex-Trash-Bags.jpg

Ricey
24th September 2010, 9:20 PM
yeah i thought it was them.

Aether13
24th September 2010, 9:36 PM
Not sure if anyone's pointed this out yet - the similarity to Godzilla franchise monsters.

Ononokusu - Godzilla. Large, green, dinosaur-esque.
Sazando - King Ghidorah. A three-headed dragon/hydra, which can fly (it seems). I think Ghidorah had some limited flying capacity.
Hihidaruma - King Kong. It looks like a gorilla. Nuff said.

Okay, im only going to adress these three lol.

First, Ononokusu isn't like Godzilla at all, he has a yellow tint not a green one. Plus Godzilla doesn't have an Axe for a head, end of discussion.

Second, There are alot of three headed dragon/hydra's that can fly. Example would be the Hydra from Hercules.

Third, King Kong has an actual shape to it's body that resembles an ape, Hihidaruma is like a blob, with ape shaped hands and feet. Also King Kong doesn't have the eyebrows Hihidaruma has.

So I personally don't see the "Godzilla" reference in the series

MetalFlygon08
24th September 2010, 9:38 PM
I see plenty of CD-I references in this gen though...V_V

Hejiru
24th September 2010, 10:02 PM
So in case anyone missed it:

OFFICIAL spellings of the Japanese names:

-Kyurem
-Keldeo
-Meloetta
-Genesect

R_N
24th September 2010, 10:03 PM
I see plenty of CD-I references in this gen though...V_V
My eyes rolled so hard it physically hurt

Kokoromori
24th September 2010, 10:29 PM
The hell is CD-I? D:/

MetalFlygon08
24th September 2010, 10:32 PM
Search it on Youtube, look at YouTube Poops, proceed to split with laughter.

The0d0re
24th September 2010, 10:36 PM
Theres a guy who looks like Mothra.

Chaos Rush
24th September 2010, 10:45 PM
Okay, I know this is old news to you guys, but I'm doing my best not to spoil myself, hence why I only know what 10&#37; of the Gen V Pokemon look like. But anyways, I just found out that Pokabu3 is Fire/Fighting. IS THIS A JOKE!?!?!?

The0d0re
24th September 2010, 10:47 PM
Okay, I know this is old news to you guys, but I'm doing my best not to spoil myself, hence why I only know what 10% of the Gen V Pokemon look like. But anyways, I just found out that Pokabu3 is Fire/Fighting. IS THIS A JOKE!?!?!?

Yeah he is.

MetalFlygon08
24th September 2010, 10:54 PM
Ganon, it's the Sadow Hog, he could've been the Defensive member of a trio of Fire/Fighting (Blaziken-Power, Infernaper-Speed, Ganon-{should've been} Defensive)

Drizz
24th September 2010, 11:20 PM
I think all these new pokemonz are lame. a viking pokemon with bleach blonde hair, a batch of eggs, a magnet and a peice of gum. I'm surprised the gum didn't give it a move called stick to my shoe. gamefreak are selling out pokemonz. 1st generation will always be best.

Wait...

But yet ur signature has a saying no matter what generation you always find a favorite?

Drizz
24th September 2010, 11:22 PM
I think all these new pokemonz are lame. a viking pokemon with bleach blonde hair, a batch of eggs, a magnet and a peice of gum. I'm surprised the gum didn't give it a move called stick to my shoe. gamefreak are selling out pokemonz. 1st generation will always be best.

Wait...

But yet ur signature has a saying no matter what generation you always find a favorite?

Lorde
24th September 2010, 11:32 PM
Okay, I know this is old news to you guys, but I'm doing my best not to spoil myself, hence why I only know what 10&#37; of the Gen V Pokemon look like. But anyways, I just found out that Pokabu3 is Fire/Fighting. IS THIS A JOKE!?!?!?

Yeah those Pokabu evolutionary forms are all Fire/Fighting. This is the third time in a row this has happened from what I can recall. I don't have a real problem with it since I'm not going to be using Pokabu in any of the games anyway, but it is getting to be quite repetitive at this point. They could have been a bit more creative but they choose to follow the old trend.

Sabonea_Masukippa
24th September 2010, 11:33 PM

Sarcasm, my friend. Sarcasm.

Ememew
24th September 2010, 11:34 PM
Drizz, Sabonea wasn't seriously saying he disliked the new Pokemon. He was making a point by saying that if Gen I Pokemon had been introduced later (such as Jynx, Exeggcute, and Magnemite) people would be complaining about them the same way they are complaining about the Gen V Pokemon.

Sabonea_Masukippa
24th September 2010, 11:42 PM
Drizz, Sabonea wasn't seriously saying he disliked the new Pokemon. He was making a point by saying that if Gen I Pokemon had been introduced later (such as Jynx, Exeggcute, and Magnemite) people would be complaining about them the same way they are complaining about the Gen V Pokemon.

That's right.

Can you imagine the fan rage is GF had debuted something like Ditto in 5th gen and we'd got a blurry screenshot of it, like we did for stuff like Harderia last week, without knowing anything about it. Come on.

"lol it looks likez gum."
"WTF what can that thing even do"
"urgh, nintendo is running out of ideas."

My point is that rightly or wrongly 1st gen gets a free pass on its designs because people are so used to them, while the new ones need some getting used to. It also doesn't help that, seemingly, many people reduce first gen to Charizard, Pikachu and Mewtwo in their minds and judge all the new Pokemon against them.

R_N
24th September 2010, 11:51 PM
Yeah those Pokabu evolutionary forms are all Fire/Fighting. This is the third time in a row this has happened from what I can recall. I don't have a real problem with it since I'm not going to be using Pokabu in any of the games anyway, but it is getting to be quite repetitive at this point. They could have been a bit more creative but they choose to follow the old trend.

And considering what Infernape & Emboar are based on, I wouldn't be surprised to see Gen 6's fire type be part Fighting as well

Clay Psyduck
24th September 2010, 11:59 PM
That's right.

Can you imagine the fan rage is GF had debuted something like Ditto in 5th gen and we'd got a blurry screenshot of it, like we did for stuff like Harderia last week, without knowing anything about it. Come on.

My point is that rightly or wrongly 1st gen gets a free pass on its designs because people are so used to them, while the new ones need some getting used to. It also doesn't help that, seemingly, many people reduce first gen to Charizard, Pikachu and Mewtwo in their minds and judge all the new Pokemon against them.

You're my new best friend.

nikohesus
25th September 2010, 12:09 AM
Hey guys, discovered some new animated sprites you might like.

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/nikohesus/Pokemon/animated/lucario.gif
http://www.majhost.com/gallery/nikohesus/Pokemon/animated/nidoking.gif
http://www.majhost.com/gallery/nikohesus/Pokemon/animated/shimama.gif
http://www.majhost.com/gallery/nikohesus/Pokemon/animated/tyranitar.gif

That's right.

Exactly, the designs of the previous generations were far too simple for my liking. People just have to get used to the brand new, more detailed designs. If gen 1 had an Ice Cone Pokemon, it'll look EXACTLY LIKE AN ICE CREAM CONE WITH NO DETAIL.

TheAncient
25th September 2010, 12:37 AM
Is it just me, or should the final grass starter be more than just a grass type?

Lorde
25th September 2010, 12:41 AM
Is it just me, or should the final grass starter be more than just a grass type?

I don't think I see what you mind to be honest. It looks like a grass snake Pokemon so it's a Grass-type. That seems perfectly logical. I don't see what other type it could have possibly received to make it stand out more or anything similar. I don't like Tsutarja's final evolution (which is why I forget it's name lol) and I don't think it would appeal to me much even if it were given a unique type combination like, say, Grass/Dragon or something to that effect.

MightTales
25th September 2010, 12:42 AM
I really like the pokeball mushroom...but how can their be a pokemon based on a pokeball when like they havnt been around all the time.
im just saying
And know this is just a game

R_N
25th September 2010, 12:44 AM
Hey guys, discovered some new animated sprites you might like.

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/nikohesus/Pokemon/animated/lucario.gif

This animation is off, I think. He doesn't jut forward as much as he should.
Compare: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgv_cvEK_LM (~3:30)

nikohesus
25th September 2010, 12:50 AM
This animation is off, I think. He doesn't jut forward as much as he should.
Compare: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgv_cvEK_LM (~3:30)

That was a fan made animation using the animation parts of the sprites.

R_N
25th September 2010, 12:57 AM
That was a fan made animation using the animation parts of the sprites.

Judging from the shadows, I doubt it was fanmade so much as it was incompletely ripped from the stat screen.

SamusTheHedgehog
25th September 2010, 1:08 AM
Wow, Nintendo is running out of ideas

my friend said it quite good himself: 1st gen designs were great, 2nd Gen were Good, 3rd gen were meah, and 4th gen (aside from select ones, like Lucario and Electivire) were bad, but 5th is even worse, I mean, what the heck is this:
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/b/b1/527Koromori.png

Sabonea_Masukippa
25th September 2010, 1:14 AM

my friend said it quite good himself: 1st gen designs were great, 2nd Gen were Good, 3rd gen were meah, and 4th gen (aside from select ones, like Lucario and Electivire) were bad, but 5th is even worse, I mean, what the heck is this:

Well who are we to argue with your friend who can say stuff good?

And, I believe that Koromori based off of a fruit bat, but I could be wrong.

Ophie
25th September 2010, 1:15 AM
Wow, that's exactly the kind of thinking that the others were making fun of just a few posts up.

davidxrawr
25th September 2010, 1:18 AM

Its not that bad. IMO its a great zubat replacement. Even gen I has weird pokemon ",

nikohesus
25th September 2010, 1:29 AM
Judging from the shadows, I doubt it was fanmade so much as it was incompletely ripped from the stat screen.

Well, the sprites aren't fanmade, but the animations are.

Either you are typing extreme sarcasm in response to the above posts, or you just suck at life.

O Fortuna
25th September 2010, 1:30 AM
And considering what Infernape & Emboar are based on, I wouldn't be surprised to see Gen 6's fire type be part Fighting as well

Oh, I really hope so. I would love to see the outrage if that happened for a fourth consecutive time.

I daresay it's a better design than Seel, Tangela or Ditto. Take the damn nostalgia glasses off.

nikohesus
25th September 2010, 1:33 AM

Well, the sprites aren't fanmade, but the animations are.

Either you are typing extreme sarcasm in response to the above posts, or you just suck at life.

CyndaquilRules
25th September 2010, 3:45 AM
;165;

That's one of the best ones..

LexSuicune
25th September 2010, 3:47 AM
Koromori is, Kokoromori isn't. That thing is hideous.

CyndaquilRules
25th September 2010, 3:52 AM
Koromori is, Kokoromori isn't. That thing is hideous.

To each their own.

Rakurai
25th September 2010, 4:11 AM
I think the Tsutaja line is my new favorite as far as starters go, now that I've used one in-game firsthand. I really like the look of every single stage, which wasn't the case with any of the previous starters.

I do think it would've been nice if it had a secondary typing of some sort, though, because it suffers from a small movepool like quite a few other pure grass types do.

Kokoromori
25th September 2010, 4:26 AM
Koromori is based on some small, round, white, cotton-ball looking bat. I can't remember what it's called. Bulbapedia might say.
Kokoromori is either based on a fruit or vampire bat.

But anyway, Zubat was just based on a generic bat so...Koro is basiclly much more original.

R_N
25th September 2010, 4:38 AM
Are people badmouthing Koromori & Kokoromori
*flips out switchblade*

smashbro77
25th September 2010, 4:49 AM
man I want black and white now (im in america) im freakin pupmed especially for onokonusu and the bug/fire pokemon the only thing im not too crazy about is the thud that the pokemon make when they switch into battle

smashbro77
25th September 2010, 4:50 AM
man I want black and white now (im in america) im freakin pupmed especially for onokonusu and the bug/fire pokemon the only thing im not too crazy about is the thud that the pokemon make when they switch into battle

Lorde
25th September 2010, 4:54 AM
Koromori is receiving hate? Impossible! It was the second Pokemon from Generation 5 I fell in love with, the first being Zorua. I don't like Kokoromori as much as I like Koromori since it's animation is a bit disturbing to me, but Koromori has charm and beauty and I'm glad some people can see that. I usually try to give every Pokemon a chance before I judge them too harshly so maybe others should at least try to tolerate the newer Pokemon; you might end up liking them eventually.

CurseShooter
25th September 2010, 4:55 AM
IMO Kormori & Kokoromori are the best looking batish Pokemon ever... Although I would of loved to see a 2nd Evolution with 4 wings just so it could be a Zubat & Evolutions Counter Part ;)

CSolarstorm
25th September 2010, 4:55 AM
I really like the pokeball mushroom...but how can their be a pokemon based on a pokeball when like they havnt been around all the time.
im just saying
And know this is just a game

Pokemon like the mushroom one and Voltorb probably influened people to design Pokeballs.

gleek
25th September 2010, 5:00 AM
Koromori = love.

Kokoromori
25th September 2010, 5:03 AM
Voltorb was made from a screw-up while working on a Pokeball.
However, the mushroom's design was used to design the most recent Pokeball.

Kokoromori
25th September 2010, 5:07 AM
Voltorb was made from a screw-up while working on a Pokeball.
However, the mushroom's design was probably used to design the most recent Pokeball.

R_N
25th September 2010, 5:11 AM
The mushroom supposedly evolved its caps to be those colors because everyone, not just people, are attracted to it.

(so it can eat them, presumably)

Sabonea_Masukippa
25th September 2010, 5:23 AM
I forget who asked for it, but here are all the classifications for the Pokemon (except Kyurem).

#494 Victini: Victory Pokemon
#495 Tsutaaja: Grass Snake Pokemon
#496 Janobii: Grass Snake Pokemon
#497 Jarooda: Royal Pokemon
#498 Pokabu: Fire Pig Pokemon
#499 Chaobuu: Fire Pig Pokemon
#500 Enboar: Large Fire Pig Pokemon
#501 Mijumaru: Sea Otter Pokemon
#502 Futachimaru: Training Pokemon
#503 Daikenki: Dignified Pokemon
#504 Minezumi: Lookout Pokemon
#505 Miruhog: Caution Pokemon
#506 Yorteri: Puppy Pokemon
#507 Harderier: Faithful Dog Pokemon
#508 Murando: Generous Pokemon
#509 Choroneko: Ill-Natured Pokemon
#510 Lepardath: Cruelty Pokemon
#511 Yanape: Grass Monkey Pokemon
#512 Yanakey: Thorn Monkey Pokemon
#513 Baope: High Temperature Pokemon
#514 Baokey: Spark Pokemon
#515 Hiyape: Water Throw Pokemon
#516 Hiyakey: Drainage Pokemon
#517 Munna: Dream Eating Pokemon
#518 Musharna: Trance Pokemon
#519 Mamepato: Baby Pigeon Pokemon
#520 Hatohboh: Wild Pigeon Pokemon
#521 Kenhorou: Pride Pokemon
#522 Shimama: Electric Pokemon
#523 Zeburaika: Thunder and Lightening Pokemon
#524 Dangoro: Mantle Pokemon
#525 Gantle: Ore Pokemon
#526 Gigaiath: High Pressure Pokemon
#527 Koromori: Bat Pokemon
#528 Kokoromori: Courting Pokemon
#529 Mogurew: Mole Pokemon
#530 Doryuuzu: Deep Earth Pokemon
#531 Tabunne: Healing Pokemon
#532 Dokkoraa: Brawny Pokemon
#533 Dotekkotsu: Brawny Pokemon
#534 Roobushin: Brawny Pokemon
#535 Otamaro: Tadpole Pokemon
#536 Gamagaru: Vibration Pokemon
#537 Gamageroge: Vibration Pokemon
#538 Nageki: Judo Pokemon
#539 Dageki: Karate Pokemon
#540 Kurumiru: Sewing Pokemon
#541 Kurumayu: Leaf Shelter Pokemon
#542 Hahakomori: Nursing Pokemon
#543 Futsude: Centipede Pokemon
#544 Wheega: Cocoon Centipede Pokemon
#545 Pendorar: Mega Centipede Pokemon
#546 Monmen: Cotton Ball Pokemon
#547 Erufuun: Secret Wind Pokemon
#548 Churine: Root Pokemon
#549 Doladia: Flower Decoration Pokemon
#550 Basurao: Violence Pokemon
#551 Meguroko: Desert Crocodile Pokemon
#552 Warubiru: Desert Crocodile Pokemon
#553 Warubiaru: Menacing Pokemon
#554 Darumakka: Daruma Doll Pokemon
#555 Hihidaruma: Flaming Pokemon
#556 Maracatchy: Cactus Pokemon
#757 Ishizumai: Stone Dweller Pok&#233;mon
#758 Iwapalace: Rock Dweller Pokemon
#759 Zuruggu: Shed Skin Pokemon
#760 Zuruzukin: Scoundrel Pokemon
#761 Symbolar: Pseudo-Bird Pokemon
#762 Deathmas: Spirit Pokemon
#763 Deathkahn: Coffin Pokemon
#764 Purotooga: Ancient Turtle Pokemon
#765 Abagoora: Ancient Turtle Pokemon
#766 Arken: Oldest Bird Pokemon
#767 Arkeosu: Oldest Bird Pokemon
#768 Yabukuron: Garbage Bag Pokemon
#769 Dastdasu: Dump Site Pokemon
#570 Zoroa: Bad Fox Pokemon
#571 Zoroark: Disguised Fox Pokemon

#572 Chillarmy: Chinchilla Pokemon
#573 Chirachiino: Scarf Pokemon
#574 Gochimu: Staring Pokemon
#575 Gochimiru: Manipulation Pokemon
#576 Gochiruzeru: Heavenly Body Pokemon
#577 Uniran: Cell Pokemon
#578 Douburan: Splitting Pokemon
#579 Rankurusu: Amplification Pokemon
#580 Koaruhii: Water Bird Pokemon
#581 Swanna: Swan Pokemon
#582 Vanipucchi: Kindness Pokemon
#583 Vanirichi: Ice and Snow Pokemon
#584 Baivanilla: Blizzard Pokemon
#585 Shikijika: Four Season Pokemon
#586 Mebukijika: Four Season Pokemon
#587 Emonga: Flying Squirrel Pokemon
#588 Kaburumo: Front Row Pokemon (Possibly the Put On Pokemon)
#589 Shubargo: Cavalry Pokemon
#590 Tamagetake: Mushroom Pokemon
#591 Morobareru: Mushroom Pokemon
#592 Pururiru: Floating Pokemon
#593 Burunkeru: Floating Pokemon
#594 Mamambou: Nursing Pokemon
#595 Bachula: Sticky Pokemon
#596 Denchula: Electric Spider Pokemon
#597 Tesseedo: Thorn-Body Pokemon
#598 Nattorei: Thorn-Ball Pokemon
#599 Gearu: Gear Pokemon
#600 Gigearu: Gear Pokemon
#600 Gigigearu: Gear Pokemon
#602 Shibishirasu: Electric Fish Pokemon
#603 Shibibiiru: Electric Fish Pokemon
#604 Shibirudon: Electric Fish Pokemon
#605 Reguray: Brain Pokemon
#606 Orbeam: Brain Pokemon
#607 Hitomoshi: Candle Pokemon
#608 Lamplar: Lamp Pokemon
#609 Chandela: Temptation Pokemon
#610 Kibago: Tusk Pokemon
#611 Onondo: Axe-Jaw Pokemon
#612 Ononokus: Axe-Jaw Pokemon
#613 Kumashun: Freezing Pokemon
#614 Tunbear: Freeze Pokemon
#615 Freezio: Crystal Pokemon
#616 Chobomaki: Snail Pokemon
#617 Agirudar: Shell-less Pokemon
#618 Maggyo: Trap Pokemon
#619 Kojofuu: Martial Arts Pokemon
#620 Kojondo: Martial Arts Pokemon
#621 Kurimugan: Cave Pokemon
#622 Gobitto: Golem Pokemon
#623 Goluugu: Golem Pokemon
#624 Komatana: Knife Pokemon
#625 Kirikizan: Sword Blade Pokemon
#626 Baffuron: Head-butt Bull Pokemon
#627 Washibon: Young Eagle Pokemon
#628 Wargle: Valour Pokemon
#629 Vulchai: Diaper Pokemon
#630 Vultina: Bone Eagle Pokemon
#631 Kuitaran: Ant-Eater Pokemon
#632 Iant: Iron Ant Pokemon
#633 Monzu: Rude Pokemon
#634 Jihead: Violence Pokemon
#635 Sazandra: Brutality Pokemon
#636 Meraruba: Torch Pokemon
#637 Urugamoth: Solar Pokemon
#638 Cobalon: Iron Heart Pokemon
#639 Terakion: Cavern Pokemon
#640 Verdion: Savannah Pokemon
#641 Torneros: Whirlwind Pokemon
#642 Boltros: Lighting Attack Pokemon
#643 Reshiram: Yin Pokemon
#644 Zekrom: Yan Pokemon
#645 Landros: Fertility Pokemon
#646 Kyurem: ??? Pokemon ****anslation pending]
#647 Kledio: Foal Pokemon
#648 Meloetta: Melody Pokemon
#649 Genesect: Paleozoic Pokemon

EDIT: Yay we got some Sugimori!! I want more though! Have to say I love Chillachino even more now! In fact all four look heaps better.

R_N
25th September 2010, 5:35 AM

Oh this is fantastic

I love that Kokoromori is the couting Pokemon. His dex entries are so :3 too

Kokoromori
25th September 2010, 5:36 AM
Courting Pokemon.

Teehee! <3

Omg I just noticed Vulchai's egg is a n upsidown skull.

Sabonea_Masukippa
25th September 2010, 5:37 AM

Oh this is fantastic

I love that Kokoromori is the couting Pokemon. His dex entries are so :3 too

When I first read "diaper" in Japanese I did a double take and even though I knew the word, I still looked it up just to be sure. I suppose it is wearing a bone-diaper but still. It still beats Darumakka's dex entry for fecal references.

MetalFlygon08
25th September 2010, 5:53 AM
The poop stuff makes great homage to the pioneers, who in order to survive harsh winters on their treck, burned Buffalo Poop to keep warm. (I bet theres an ingame story about it's poop saving freezing travlers)

The Poop-Dex entry will probally be edited in the English version (like Bathroom to Washroom in RSE)

Ememew
25th September 2010, 6:07 AM
On that note, I'm guessing "Diaper Pokemon" will be changed to "Eggshell Pokemon" or something similar.

As for it's evolved form, Vultina, "Bone Eagle" sounds just plain cool. Hope that classification doesn't get re-translated for American audiences.

Rerbren
25th September 2010, 6:15 AM
I've seen alot of signatures that contain fifth gen sprites that overlap and such. How can I do this? When I try to put the sprites on a paint window to edit their position, they have the black square behind them that prevents them from overlapping.

Sabonea_Masukippa
25th September 2010, 6:20 AM
I've seen alot of signatures that contain fifth gen sprites that overlap and such. How can I do this? When I try to put the sprites on a paint window to edit their position, they have the black square behind them that prevents them from overlapping.

You have to recolour the background to white or delete the background before you start stacking up sprites. Paint is OK, but I use the free editor Paint.net which you can download (the image in my current sig had 31 layers before it was finished so I could play around with placement)

R_N
25th September 2010, 6:28 AM
I can never get Paint.net's layers to work right.

Real men layer things in vanilla paint, keeping an entire resource file saved for reference.
Both ways
In the snow
Uphill

Clay Psyduck
25th September 2010, 6:30 AM

Not sure if you're trolling or not.

Go back and look at generation 1 without your nostalgia glasses on and look at all the designs and what they are and how 'creative' they are.

If you honestly think that any of that is better than even half of the gen 5 Pokemon, then you and your friend are stuck in the past, or can't comprehend what a good design is.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_mmBw3uzPnJI/SgLi5J2YzPI/AAAAAAAAljk/gEhADObnpYs/s400/honduran-white-bat-4.jpg

It's based on a real bat.

Another pic:
http://www.arkive.org/media/AC/AC545697-BD11-48EB-8015-A1C4A22D5726/Presentation.Large/photo.jpg

A different (I think), but similar bat
http://www.bats.org.uk/data/images/threats/white_nose_al_hicks_nydeccrop.jpg

CurseShooter
25th September 2010, 6:32 AM
Not sure if you're trolling or not.

Go back and look at generation 1 without your nostalgia glasses on and look at all the designs and what they are and how 'creative' they are.

If you honestly think that any of that is better than even half of the gen 5 Pokemon, then you and your friend are stuck in the past, or can't comprehend what a good design is.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_mmBw3uzPnJI/SgLi5J2YzPI/AAAAAAAAljk/gEhADObnpYs/s400/honduran-white-bat-4.jpg

It's based on a real bat.

Another pic:
http://www.arkive.org/media/AC/AC545697-BD11-48EB-8015-A1C4A22D5726/Presentation.Large/photo.jpg

A different (I think), but similar bat
http://www.bats.org.uk/data/images/threats/white_nose_al_hicks_nydeccrop.jpg

Epic Kill!

Centipod128
25th September 2010, 6:34 AM
Yeah, I'm siked!!! Also, I think that Bug/Fire type is the greatest, Next to #2: Daikenki and #1:Shanderaa.

Rerbren
25th September 2010, 6:46 AM
You have to recolour the background to white or delete the background before you start stacking up sprites. Paint is OK, but I use the free editor Paint.net which you can download (the image in my current sig had 31 layers before it was finished so I could play around with placement)

Its just that the main problem is keeping the sprite's black outline. Whenever I recolor the background to white the outline disappears and the sprite looks strange. Especially Yanakki, because his tail and arms aren't attached to his body afterwards.

Sabonea_Masukippa
25th September 2010, 6:53 AM
Its just that the main problem is keeping the sprite's black outline. Whenever I recolor the background to white the outline disappears and the sprite looks strange. Especially Yanakki, because his tail and arms aren't attached to his body afterwards.

Try this image, it's big, but it's got all the veekun sprites (minus forms/formes) it should have a white background if you open it up in paint.

http://yfrog.com/i3bwmontagexp

Rerbren
25th September 2010, 6:57 AM
It was still black, but thanks anyway.

CurseShooter
25th September 2010, 7:01 AM
MS Paint doesn't work well with Transparent background images (.png). I would recommend Paint.net to start off. I use Photoshop CS4 which is a bit more complicated.

Clay Psyduck
25th September 2010, 7:01 AM

Assuming you are using Microsoft Paint, your best bet is to literally to go in an manually delete the black.

When I used to do that, I'd just zoom in and select huge parts and delete them, and then go in with the smallest possible Eraser (which is like, a pixel) and erase the rest.

Sabonea_Masukippa
25th September 2010, 7:10 AM
It was still black, but thanks anyway.

Here's what I should have done in the first place:

http://yfrog.com/n6whitespritesp

With a white background so it should open fine in paint, if you don't want to/can't use paint.net or another editor.

MetalFlygon08
25th September 2010, 7:24 AM
or wait for me to finsh this!

http://www.iaza.com/work/100925C/bw_pokemon_sprites25467.png

I started this becuase I was tired of having to juggle 2 paints.

Tyrannotaur
25th September 2010, 7:50 AM

Koromori pic

I know people have replied to you, but whatever I want to as well. :P
1. This gen is sort of a reboot, so alot of the pokemon are "new versions of older pokemon". At first I too was kinda annoyed by this, but once you realize that its basically different species of the same animal, the designs grow on you. I mean both North America and Japan have deer, but they are different species of deer. Much like Shinjuka and Stantler. I've tried to explain this to my friend as well, who seems to call everything by the previous pokemon it is replacing and then the number. So Pokabu is "Torchic 3". Bothers me, but I think that's one of the reasons he does it. People will hopefully realize that while these pokemon are "replacing" the old ones, they are still entirely new pokemon.

2. With that in mind, I have to say that alot of the pokemon are unique. Whether you don't like the designs is up to you, but your complaining is not going to make the designs different. So either learn to like them or move on. Though if you do decide to move on I'd still say you should give this gen a try. Alot of pokemon I hated when I first saw them are awesome to me now. Frosslass, Magmortar, Dunsparce, Mamoswine, Chansey, Magmar, etc. Sure I still hate a few of them, but I'm allowed too. You know the saying "Don't judge a book by its cover"? Yeah that applies here. Try out the games, if you still don't like any of the pokemon still then sell it to gamestop. Simple.

3. just a side note. nintendo doesn't control the "ideas" for pokemon, Game Freak does. Nintendo is just the producer.

I used Photoshop elements for my sig. You are basically changing the sprites outline as well as the background. Since the outline color matches the background. You either need to find PNG sprites, Sprites with a different background then the outline, or use a more powerful program. Photoshop elements runs about 100 bucks and isn't worth buying for signature making unless you are going to do it alot. I'm sure there are free programs you can use however.

or wait for me to finsh this!

http://www.iaza.com/work/100925C/bw_pokemon_sprites25467.png

I started this becuase I was tired of having to juggle 2 paints.

Ooohh that is helpful. Let me know once you finish! :-D

-;248; man Serebii is laggy today...

charizard master 100
25th September 2010, 11:26 AM
Ganon, it's the Sadow Hog, he could've been the Defensive member of a trio of Fire/Fighting (Blaziken-Power, Infernaper-Speed, Ganon-{should've been} Defensive)

but emboar failed to deliver.such a shame =(

charizard master 100
25th September 2010, 11:29 AM

it should have been poison or dragon instead of plain grass

charizard master 100
25th September 2010, 11:34 AM

it thought this is a very good pokemon actually and i think that it is slightly better than zubat as it looks a bit more creative

Aurath8
25th September 2010, 11:40 AM

So 110 HP isn't enough for you? Plus Bulk Up for that so-so defense stat.
And six resistances too.
'Ken and 'Ape could barely take a hit but a least Emboar has a chance.

charizard master 100
25th September 2010, 11:54 AM
So 110 HP isn't enough for you? Plus Bulk Up for that so-so defense stat.
And six resistances too.
'Ken and 'Ape could barely take a hit but a least Emboar has a chance.

yes but most of his level up moves require recoil.

setup- sent out emboar in to double match with yannapu. oppenent has ononosuku and doryuuzu.yannapu uses seed bomb and kills doryuuzu. emboar uses flare blitz and does around 90% damage on ononosuku. ononosuku uses stab dragon claw and ko's yannapu. opponet uses kenhorou and i use kojondo. kojondo uses drain puch on kenhorou and does 50%. kenhorou revenge kills emboar with stab air slash.

he would have got another hit but due to slow speed and recoil he didnt

Slowemperor
25th September 2010, 12:00 PM
Deathmas (562): The mask Deathmas carries is its face from when it was human. Occasionally, it stares at it, sobbing.
Deathkan (563): According to rumors, it swallows nearby humans and turns them into mummies. It likes to eat gold nuggets.
Hitomoshi (607): Hitomoshi’s light burns brighter when it’s sucked up a human or Pokemon’s life energy.
Lamplar (608): It’s feared as an ominous Pokemon. It drifts unsteadily through town, searching for the souls of the deceased.
Chandelar (609): It blazes when it absorbs a soul. It swings the flames on its arms to put opponents into a hypnotic trance.
Pururiru (592): It sinks to the bottom of the sea with its enemies’ bodies still bound in its thin, veil-like arms.
Burunkeru (593): If a lost ship sinks in Buringeru’s habitat, the crew members' life force gets completely absorbed.

This ghosts are creepier than ever!

Gobit (622): Energy burning inside its body enables it to move, but what kind of energy this is is unclear.
Gorog (623): It flies through the sky at mach speed. If the seal on its chest is removed, its energy becomes uncontrollable.

And this one is just awsome.

charizard master 100
25th September 2010, 12:03 PM
omg desukan(have to call it that) entry is horrific. that going to scare the crap out of some young kid playing pokemon in egypt

Slowemperor
25th September 2010, 12:06 PM
And the pre-evo is an actual human soul! How can you bare capturing a dead guy's soul?!

Hejiru
25th September 2010, 12:10 PM
I'll see your creepy and raise you a disgusting.

Darumakka (554): Since Darumakka’s droppings are hot, ancient people put them in their pockets to warm their bodies.

So the Pokedex is saying people literally put a steaming pile of Darumakka sh*t in their pocket.

Slowemperor
25th September 2010, 12:17 PM
The first time I read that, I was "over-reading" the entries and missed the word "droppings". So I though it was "Since Darumakka are hot, ancient people put them in their pockets to warm their bodies.". That was creepy. Once I read it again I found it funny and actually a nice idea of the "acient people". Not really disgusting as long they put some sweet-scent herbs on it and nothing else in the same pocket.

Ophie
25th September 2010, 12:19 PM
I've never seen round little bats like those before. They're adorable.

charizard master 100
25th September 2010, 12:19 PM
okay ive got one from gen 3.

gorebyss-When it spots prey, this Pok&#233;mon inserts its thin mouth into the prey's body and drains the prey of its body fluids.

charizard master 100
25th September 2010, 12:22 PM
I've never seen round little bats like those before. They're adorable.

the little white ones? they are called Honduran white bat. then only grow to be about the size of the palm of your hand

Slowemperor
25th September 2010, 12:28 PM
Previous Gens are all also full of kinda horrific entries...
Dusknoir for example:
Diamond/Pearl
The antenna on its head captures radio waves from the world of spirits that command it to take people there.
Platinum
It is said to take lost spirits into its pliant body and guide them home.
HeartGold/SoulSilver
This feared Pok&#233;mon is said to travel to worlds unknown. Some even believe that it takes lost spirits along with it.

Johto King
25th September 2010, 12:35 PM
Is it confirmed which pokemon are legends? Because for the past 2 generations I feel like they overdid it on legendary pokemon especially in sinnoh.

Kyogre Master
25th September 2010, 12:39 PM
I don't know if something like this has been posted or not (don't feel like reading through 44 pages), so here goes.

Can't be unseen! (turn your head a bit to the right)
http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/268/4/1/can__t_be_unseen_by_kyogremaster-d2zf94c.gif

charizard master 100
25th September 2010, 12:45 PM
Is it confirmed which pokemon are legends? Because for the past 2 generations I feel like they overdid it on legendary pokemon especially in sinnoh.

i know there is a set of three, another set of three. zekrom and reshiram another legeng(dragon/ice) and 3 event ones

Sabonea_Masukippa
25th September 2010, 12:45 PM

Yes, it is confirmed and there are 13 of them, which is 3 more than Hoenn but 4 less than Sinnoh, whether or not you think that is too much is up to you.

However, only 6 are available in game without trades or events, being the musketeer trio, Boltros/Torneros, Zekrom/Reshiram, and Kyurem. The other box legendary needs to be traded. The other raijin (Boltros/Torneros) needs to be traded and when you have both of them in your party Landros becomes catchable.

Then there are 3 events, Meloetta, Kludio (both of whom are related to the musketeer trio) and Genesect that, like Mewtwo, is the result of a mis-guided genetic experiment, this time by a Team Plasma scientist.

charizard master 100
25th September 2010, 12:47 PM
I don't know if something like this has been posted or not (don't feel like reading through 44 pages), so here goes.

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/268/4/1/can__t_be_unseen_by_kyogremaster-d2zf94c.gif

imo gear was great. gigear was alright but gigigear was just stupid. they added a ring and button and its an evolution

Sabonea_Masukippa
25th September 2010, 12:52 PM
imo gear was great. gigear was alright but gigigear was just stupid. they added a ring and button and its an evolution

Yeah. I agree. I hate it when evolutions hardly change anything about the Pokemon. It's dumb.

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/4630/arealevolution.png

Rapiido
25th September 2010, 12:55 PM

Hell yes Bidoof Gigear

halloweenghost
25th September 2010, 1:00 PM

DAMN YOU BIDOOF!!! *shakes fist*

All your trainer R Belong to bidoof

charizard master 100
25th September 2010, 1:12 PM
Hell yes Bidoof Gigear

yeah that would be cool ;399;

bippacooleth
25th September 2010, 1:22 PM
yeah that would be cool ;399;

Dude, I said it before, don't double post. There's an edit button ¬¬ I left it alone because no one else said anything but seriously. that was ridiculous.

ChillarmyArmy
25th September 2010, 2:01 PM

Gigear is now 10x More Disturbing than any of the Ghost Pokemon mentioned ealier.

natie
25th September 2010, 2:29 PM
I lol'd. Nice recolour.

On another note, charizard master 100, please stop making useless posts that don't contribute anything whatsoever. It's getting on my nerves.

CurseShooter
25th September 2010, 2:44 PM
I lol'd. Nice recolour.

On another note, charizard master 100, please stop making useless posts that don't contribute anything whatsoever. It's getting on my nerves.

Dude just leave the kid alone... Let him post his opinion if needed. If he were spamming the thread then there would be a reason to hate him ;)

natie
25th September 2010, 2:56 PM
Well that's what he did, so I thought I'd point it out to him.

Oh well!

Slowemperor
25th September 2010, 3:15 PM

What? I don't get it... It's Gigear recolour... is it the shiny version?

CyndaquilRules
25th September 2010, 3:21 PM
What? I don't get it... It's Gigear recolour... is it the shiny version?

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/plmfa/399.png

Yeah. I agree. I hate it when evolutions hardly change anything about the Pokemon. It's dumb.

It's an example of engineering. You add a gear and then a cog I believe.

Sabonea_Masukippa
25th September 2010, 3:22 PM
http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/6097/sugimori.png

I flipped the sugimori images that guy/girl posted this morning so they appear the same way as they would in famitsu and did some minor touch ups so we can see colours etc better. Just for fun.

Anyway, carry on...

EDIT: @CyndaquilRules, I know. I love Gigearu and Gigigearu. It was a fail-sarcastic response to the guy I was quoting.

CyndaquilRules
25th September 2010, 3:26 PM
[

I flipped the sugimori images that guy/girl posted this morning so they appear the same way as they would in famitsu and did some minor touch ups so we can see colours etc better. Just for fun.

Anyway, carry on...

I tried to cut em out. I didn't realise anti-alias was turned on though so it made the edges a bit funny.

http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/250/photoon20100924at2028.png http://img810.imageshack.us/img810/9837/photoon20100924at20272.png http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/923/photoon20100924at20282.png

SergeiDragunov
25th September 2010, 3:26 PM
I still thing Zuruggu (Sp?) aka Pants-on-the-ground-mon is ugly as sin.

CyndaquilRules
25th September 2010, 3:29 PM
I still thing Zuruggu (Sp?) aka Pants-on-the-ground-mon is ugly as sin.

I think it's kinda cute.

[IMG]

EDIT: @CyndaquilRules, I know. I love Gigearu and Gigigearu. It was a fail-sarcastic response to the guy I was quoting.

Ah, my bad. I didn't realise it was you who was posting. Otherwise I would've realised.

Your sarcasm isn't being well noticed in this thread. xD

ChillarmyArmy
25th September 2010, 3:39 PM
I found a Website that has all the Sprites in good quality. I'm not sure if this has already been posted but I'll post it anyway.

http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/

CyndaquilRules
25th September 2010, 3:44 PM
I found a Website that has all the Sprites in good quality (Only the Isshu Mon. The rest of the Sprites are from Older Gens). I'm not sure if this has already been posted but I'll post it anyway.

http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/

Those are the sprites in the B/W games. Not older generation ones.

Sabonea_Masukippa
25th September 2010, 3:44 PM
I think it's kinda cute.

Me too. I didn't like it when I first saw the Experto fan art (http://yfrog.com/7eexperto7op), but seeing its animation and Sugimori has made me love it. So gosh darn cute I wanna take it home. I can see Ash or someone getting him in the anime too.

Ah, my bad. I didn't realise it was you who was posting. Otherwise I would've realised.

Your sarcasm isn't being well noticed in this thread. xD

Haha, I'm sure after 6 months that most people are bored/annoyed with my attempt at sarcasm and just choose to ignore it.

ChillarmyArmy
25th September 2010, 3:46 PM
Those are the sprites in the B/W games. Not older generation ones.

Really? I only really looked at the First few Mon like Charizard and they looked mighty similar.

SergeiDragunov
25th September 2010, 3:48 PM
I think it's kinda cute.

Eh, the first form is sorta cute in a weird way I guess, but....

http://veekun.com:81/dex/media/black-white/560.png
Seriously, wtf.

Sabonea_Masukippa
25th September 2010, 3:52 PM
Really? I only really looked at the First few Mon like Charizard and they looked mighty similar.

Non-gen 5 Pokemon are mixed bag, some use their DP sprites, some use their Pt sprites, some use their HGSS sprites and some are all new.

Eh, the first form is sorta cute in a weird way I guess, but....

Seriously, wtf.

Put it down to personal preference. :) Especially considering that Daikenki, Kokoromori and Kurimugan have all proved to be, at some point, "controversial" or "ugly" or "unpopular designs. (Even though I love them all. I can't wait to see their official arts. Epicness awaits, I'm sure).

Grei
25th September 2010, 4:12 PM
Serebii put up sprites of the Pokemon in the site's 5th Gen Dex! :D Hurray!

I never realized just how cool Jaroda's and Wargle's shiny sprites are.

Aether13
25th September 2010, 4:14 PM
I personally think Gen 5 has some of the best pokemon out of all the gens just because they aren't all " unique" doesn't mean they aren't badass. Example, Jaroda and Seviper are both snakes but IMO Jaroda is better then Seviper even though Seviper came first.

SergeiDragunov
25th September 2010, 4:14 PM
Serebii put up sprites of the Pokemon in the site's 5th Gen Dex! :D Hurray!

I never realized just how cool Jaroda's and Wargle's shiny sprites are.

Let's party~

Slowemperor
25th September 2010, 4:33 PM
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/plmfa/399.png

Oh My Arceus! It's... Bidoof in gears! The guy who discovered this should get an award.

Also, the Gangster Lizzard look like they were ripped off a grafitti. I guess that's the idea so... even though they are ugly, I guess they are succeeded.

I'm just thinking how they can be Dark/Fighting. Dark is fighting dirty, and Fighting is with honour. How can you possibly be both? By fighting honorably dirty? Or dirtly honorably? But aren't both dirty anyway? Or as they are honorable following their rules, which are dirty, they are taken as both? Or is it just for the http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RuleOfCool (for your own mental safety, is my duty to inform this site will lead you to a looooooooooooooooooooooooong Wiki Walk) or for the sake of gameplay?

SPDUDE48
25th September 2010, 4:37 PM

Where did you get these? are there any more?

Dr. Leggs
25th September 2010, 4:39 PM
D'aww. Zuruggu's Sugimori art makes me like him a little more. Probably won't use him in my first run-through, but he and Zuruzukin are starting to grow on me.

CyndaquilRules
25th September 2010, 4:41 PM

http://serebii.net//pokearth/sprites/hgss/156.png HG/SS Quilava sprite
http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/156.png B/W sprite.

http://serebii.net/pokearth/sprites/dp/006.png D/P
http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/6.png B/W
http://serebii.net/pokearth/sprites/hgss/006.png HG/SS

Dracoste
25th September 2010, 4:49 PM
Even if the B/W sprite and the HG/SS/Pt sprite looks the same, don't forget that the sprites are moving now.

lalasiny
25th September 2010, 4:50 PM
The pictures are back on baby yeah!!!

Tyrannotaur
25th September 2010, 4:53 PM

Just so you know, Gear evolves from a simple machine to a more complex machine. Its not stupid when you understand the premise. No one said evolutions have to be drastic changes. Ponyta-Rapidash is just getting a adult horse who now has a horn and bigger flames as a result. Hardly a drastic evolution as something like Magikarp-Gyarados.

I'm glad the Sugimori art is slowly coming out. The Sugimori art always helps me like pokemon I'm on the fence about. That Mamepato evolution looks pretty awesome now.

-;248;

bleeding-chocobo
25th September 2010, 4:53 PM
Loving Wargle's shiny sprite.

SergeiDragunov
25th September 2010, 4:55 PM
Can someone please explain to me why Goruugu learns Fly?

davidxrawr
25th September 2010, 4:56 PM
Just saw the black and white exclusive areas link and Im totally liking the whole technology (black) vs. nature (white) deal they have there. This reinforces my wanting for white :D

davidxrawr
25th September 2010, 4:59 PM
oh and the new BW pokemon sprites are now up on serebii yay =]

Aether13
25th September 2010, 5:10 PM
Just saw the black and white exclusive areas link and Im totally liking the whole technology (black) vs. nature (white) deal they have there. This reinforces my wanting for white :D

Yeah seeing all the epic pokemon you can get in White Forest makes me think I may get White instead of Black :D

Aurath8
25th September 2010, 5:16 PM

I dunno... Psychic ability? Hollow body. Altering gravity. Glitch. Rocket boosters. A really big jump.
Probably one of those. I'm not complainin' though. I can't wait to see the look on my friends faces when I tell them it learns fly. :O

Slowemperor
25th September 2010, 5:24 PM
It's even in his pokedex entry.

About the forest/city, basicly what I got is the City has Trainers and the Forest has Wild Pokes?

Blazios
25th September 2010, 5:25 PM
About the forest/city, basicly what I got is the City has Trainers and the Forest has Wild Pokes?

Black has trainers and shops, White has wild Pokémon, yes.

CyndaquilRules
25th September 2010, 6:06 PM
Yeah seeing all the epic pokemon you can get in White Forest makes me think I may get White instead of Black :D

I think I'mma get both. I got both HG and SS. I haven't finished either yet though...

Clay Psyduck
25th September 2010, 6:07 PM

Because it's like Iron Man, or a Gundam.

It's part ground because it's a golem (made, generally, of clay or mud or something) and ghost because a golem doesn't generally have a real soul.

It can fly because it's essentially a robot/giant mech thing.

Made perfect sense to me when I realized this.

Aurath8
25th September 2010, 6:14 PM
Because it's like Iron Man, or a Gundam.

It's part ground because it's a golem (made, generally, of clay or mud or something) and ghost because a golem doesn't generally have a real soul.

It can fly because it's essentially a robot/giant mech thing.

Made perfect sense to me when I realized this.

I'm not seeing any rocket boosters. And not all hunmanoid robots/mech suits fly. Maybe it's the Golem of the future where clay hardens like steel and have internal rocket boosters. Limitless technology and pokemon are a whole new weird.

CyndaquilRules
25th September 2010, 6:18 PM
I'm not seeing any rocket boosters. And not all hunmanoid robots/mech suits fly. Maybe it's the Golem of the future where clay hardens like steel and have internal rocket boosters. Limitless technology and pokemon are a whole new weird.

Just because you don't see them doesn't mean they're not there.

But I'm doubting it has rocket boosters..

Slowemperor
25th September 2010, 6:37 PM
I think it's the unknown energy that fuels him and gives him his ghost type. It's in the pre-evo entry, and I believe the explanation is more in the ways of a mystical energy and supernatural (he's ghost-type, not steel, not electric, ghost.).

Varnani
25th September 2010, 6:38 PM
An Iron Man Pok&#233;mon would be so awesome *w*
But it shouldn't be a surprise, many random pok&#233;mon can learn random moves. Like Nidoking, who is able to learn Thunderbolt AND Surf :P

razz

Glue
25th September 2010, 6:42 PM
I love them all... except for legends which is disappointing to me :(

Slowemperor
25th September 2010, 6:56 PM
An Iron Man Pokémon would be so awesome *w*
But it shouldn't be a surprise, many random pokémon can learn random moves. Like Nidoking, who is able to learn Thunderbolt AND Surf :P

razz

Or Snorlax, Kangaskan, Lickitung, Rhydon, Miltank, Sneasel, Furret, Linoone, Aggron... all learn SURF.
Most just seem to heavy to swim (I mean Aggron has like... metal!), and how can a kid ride a Sneasel in the sea?

CyndaquilRules
25th September 2010, 7:02 PM
I love them all... except for legends which is disappointing to me :(

Odd, I quite like the legends.

Mayfan
25th September 2010, 7:03 PM
Deathkan's shiny <33333333333333

CyndaquilRules
25th September 2010, 8:01 PM
Deathkan's shiny <33333333333333

Issume you mean, http://serebii.net/Shiny/BW/563.png?

Lorde
25th September 2010, 8:11 PM
Issume you mean, http://serebii.net/Shiny/BW/563.png?

Wow, the Shiny sprites for the new Isshu Pokemon make me appreciate their normal sprites so much more lol. I like the original Desukan sprite more now than I did before. I like the overall theme of the design though it's pre-evolved form leaves much to be desired. I mean, I know Desukan is a sarcophagus but what about it's pre-evo?

Dr. Leggs
25th September 2010, 8:21 PM
Wow, the Shiny sprites for the new Isshu Pokemon make me appreciate their normal sprites so much more lol. I like the original Desukan sprite more now than I did before. I like the overall theme of the design though it's pre-evolved form leaves much to be desired. I mean, I know Desukan is a sarcophagus but what about it's pre-evo?

Deathmas is based on the soul of an ancient human (according to its Pokedex entires). It looks vaguely anthropomorphic with its head/arms, and it holds a mask like the one on Deathkan's body.

Speaking of which, Deathkan's sprite makes me love it even more. I love how the pieces of the casket come together over the eyes and mouth in its animation. Looks so realistic.

R_N
25th September 2010, 8:21 PM

Its pre-evo is based on egyptian masks, conceptually.

In-universe, it's their face from their past lives as humans.

The mask Deathmas carries is its face from when it was human. Occasionally, it stares at it, sobbing.

It was born from the soul of a human buried in an ancient tomb. It still has its memories from long ago.

CyndaquilRules
25th September 2010, 8:38 PM
Why are people calling it Deathkan?

R_N
25th September 2010, 8:41 PM
Why are people calling it Deathkan?

It just depends on how you, uh, romanize it I think. Desukan, Deathkan, Deathkarn, it's all the same thing.

CyndaquilRules
25th September 2010, 8:43 PM
It just depends on how you, uh, romanize it I think. Desukan, Deathkan, Deathkarn, it's all the same thing.

Hmm, ok. Well I use Serebii's namings so it's Desukan it is.

Rerbren
25th September 2010, 8:44 PM

So its the same situation with Emboar/Embouu? I was sort of confused when everyone suddenly started to call it Emboar.

CyndaquilRules
25th September 2010, 8:46 PM
So its the same situation with Emboar/Embouu? I was sort of confused when everyone suddenly started to call it Emboar.

Serebii calls it Emboar. I assume most people, like me, on these forums go by the romanizations he does.

Lorde
25th September 2010, 8:47 PM
Hmm, ok. Well I use Serebii's namings so it's Desukan it is.

I don't know if Serebii's romanizations are all that accurate to be honest. I mean, he had Caitlin's Japanese name romanized as "Katorena" or something similar when it's actually Cattleya. It definitely had an "n" in it for some reason. I'll just use Desukan for now, not because I think it's 100&#37; accurate, but because taking the time to learn the other romanizations could take me weeks, seriously. I still find the Pokemon to be rather unsettling though. I think they should have given it the Rock-type at least, to match with the sarcophagus-theme :/

Rerbren
25th September 2010, 8:47 PM
Even Serebii called it Embouu in the beginning, but he later changed it on the site. Same thing for Wooguru/Wargle.

CyndaquilRules
25th September 2010, 8:51 PM
Eh, considering I use Serebii's dex, it's more profitable to use the names he uses irregardless of correct or incorrect romanizations.

Glue
25th September 2010, 8:53 PM
http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/528.png I like Koromori more... I was disappointed with its evolution

Dr. Leggs
25th September 2010, 8:57 PM
Yeah, some of Serebii's romanizations can be a bit faulty. I usually rely on Bangiras from Pokebeach for them. I also just like the sound of 'Deathkan' more.

Slowemperor
25th September 2010, 9:02 PM
Deathkan/Desukan is one of my favorite pokemon ever (I just love acient egypt). But I was too somewhat dissapointed on his typing. I mean ghost/rock or even better ghost/steel (he eats gold and is made of solid gol afterall) would have been awsome.
Deathmas is far from being as cool as his evo but it's nice too. Although it feels strange to capture a human soul.

Kokoromori
25th September 2010, 9:19 PM
All this hate on Koro/Kokoromori make me feel awkward.

But omg Deathkan's shiny is purple. <3

Isis-sama
25th September 2010, 9:35 PM
Deathkan/Desukan is one of my favorite pokemon ever (I just love acient egypt). But I was too somewhat dissapointed on his typing. I mean ghost/rock or even better ghost/steel (he eats gold and is made of solid gol afterall) would have been awsome.
Deathmas is far from being as cool as his evo but it's nice too. Although it feels strange to capture a human soul.

Well, it makes sense though, since a sarcophagus is in essence a coffin. Though I don't know about Ghost/Steel, gold isn't steel after all. Ghost/Rock would probably work, though.

I prefer Desukan to Deathkan, simply because of the way it sounds. Deathkan may be more accurate, I don't care. I can't tell you how much I love the name Deathmas however, if only because it's basically the name of a holiday themed episode of Metalocalypse.

Johto King
25th September 2010, 9:43 PM
When will the dream world site be up? And does serebii know where you'll be able to catch these pokemon once they are found on the dream world?

Dracoste
25th September 2010, 9:51 PM
When will the dream world site be up? And does serebii know where you'll be able to catch these pokemon once they are found on the dream world?

They can be caught in a forrest north of the high link.

NoirTHECHA
25th September 2010, 10:38 PM
has anyone caught a shiny desukaan yet?? i love that thing!!!

Linkdarkside
25th September 2010, 11:08 PM
On that note, I'm guessing "Diaper Pokemon" will be changed to "Eggshell Pokemon" or something similar.

As for it's evolved form, Vultina, "Bone Eagle" sounds just plain cool. Hope that classification doesn't get re-translated for American audiences. i hope they do change Diaper to Eggshell and for Vultina, i think Bone Vulture would be better as she is a vulture.

Johto King
26th September 2010, 1:00 AM
They can be caught in a forrest north of the high link.

That's great to know! Thank you. Do you know when the site will be up for dream world? And is the dream world exclusive to only 5th gens?

Sabonea_Masukippa
26th September 2010, 1:21 AM
I'll just use Desukan for now, not because I think it's 100&#37; accurate, but because taking the time to learn the other romanizations could take me weeks, seriously.

If you wanted to be 100% accurate to the Japanese orthography you'd need to call it Desukaan.

Yeah, some of Serebii's romanizations can be a bit faulty. I usually rely on Bangiras from Pokebeach for them. I also just like the sound of 'Deathkan' more.

It still has a long 'a' it either needs to be spelt Desukaan, Desukarn or Desukahn to represent it.

And some of Pokebeach's romanizations are lolz. They call Miruhoggu "Meerhog" and Gochimu "Gothemme" and Gochimiru "Gothimelle" which are half right and half made up arbitrarily loosely based on the original sounds. And Gearl? It's spelt "giaru" in Japanese. I'm not quite sure where they got the extra L from.

My point is not to have a go at Pokebeach/Bangiras, but there are just as many errors/typos as Serebii's page and you shouldn't be relying on any one site atm.

i hope they do change Diaper to Eggshell and for Vultina, i think Bone Vulture would be better as she is a vulture.

One of the more common names for vulture's in Japanese is "hagewashi" which literally translates as "bald eagle". It is possible that "Bone eagle" ("honewashi" in Japanese) is a pun, which would justify a change to "Bone Vulture" in English. I translated it as Eagle though, because it's an accurate representation of what was actually in the code, if I were doing it professionally I would ask the creators which they prefer. (For instance the creators may consider Vultina/Wargle to be the m/f of a single "eagle" species and request it to be translated as such)

Dr. Leggs
26th September 2010, 1:30 AM
If you wanted to be 100% accurate to the Japanese orthography you'd need to call it Desukaan.

It still has a long 'a' it either needs to be spelt Desukaan, Desukarn or Desukahn to represent it.

And some of Pokebeach's romanizations are lolz. They call Miruhoggu "Meerhog" and Gochimu "Gothemme" and Gochimiru "Gothimelle" which are half right and half made up arbitrarily loosely based on the original sounds. And Gearl? It's spelt "giaru" in Japanese. I'm not quite sure where they got the extra L from.

My point is not to have a go at Pokebeach/Bangiras, but there are just as many errors/typos as Serebii's page and you shouldn't be relying on any one site atm.

Ahh, you're right (you would know XD). I kinda went with PokeBeach because Serebii didn't have too many romanizations to begin with... But yeah, fair enough. "Gearl" was really weird, I agree. Meerhog makes sense to me, though. Meerkat + groundhog? It seems plausible. Of course, I know nothing of Japanese. :p

Sabonea_Masukippa
26th September 2010, 1:35 AM
Ahh, you're right (you would know XD). I kinda went with PokeBeach because Serebii didn't have too many romanizations to begin with... But yeah, fair enough. "Gearl" was really weird, I agree. Meerhog makes sense to me, though. Meerkat + groundhog? It seems plausible. Of course, I know nothing of Japanese. :p

Well, sure Miruhog might be based off a meerkat/groundhog combination and the name might be a high-level pun on that but meerkat in Japanese is ミーアキャット or Miiakyatto, while Miruhog is ミルホッグ or Miruhog, so I don't find it likely, personally.

The "miru" is the name is likely derived from the word for "see/look/watch" in Japanese, a reference to the guarding/lookout tendencies of the line. (Also where the "mi" from Minezumi comes from - literally the "look-mouse")

Dr. Leggs
26th September 2010, 1:39 AM
Well, sure Miruhog might be based off a meerkat/groundhog combination and the name might be a high-level pun on that but meerkat in Japanese is ミーアキャット or Miiakyatto, while Miruhog is ミルホッグ or Miruhog, so I don't find it likely, personally.

The "miru" is the name is likely derived from the word for "see/look/watch" in Japanese, a reference to the guarding/lookout tendencies of the line. (Also where the "mi" from Minezumi comes from - literally the "look-mouse")

Ahh, okay! That makes sense. Thank yah, SM.

Lorde
26th September 2010, 1:48 AM

Well whatever kind of real-world creature Miruhoggu is based off of, I still despise it with all my heart and soul. It's just so ugly; both design-wise and in battle. It's eyes are bugging-out which is a trend in Generation 5 apparently. It's also just standing there, gazing into my soul like it's ready to feast on it. In battle, that thing is a real monster. Like Musharna, it seems that no matter how many times I hit it, it doesn't want to faint. Then it has Hypnosis and Confuse Ray. It's fang attack that cuts my Pokemon's HP in half is also a complete pain. I really think it's the worst Pokemon out there, besides Musharna.

Royalty
26th September 2010, 1:56 AM
When every new pokemon was finally released...I was really rather bummed and just not happy about most of their looks. But now, I have really started to change my mind about a lot of them.

(I still have yet to learn all their names so I'll describe them instead)

I still can't stand how the Red-Headed Dragon looks and I highly doubt that will change at all...but I am growing to like some others very much.

Is it just me or...does the event melody pokemon's step form look like it has the playboy bunny as a pin on it's head piece?

The Dark Dragon. I thought it looked too cartoony for it's typing. But now, it's really growing on me and I think I'll have it on my team for a while.
I SUPER hope that the Ice Dragon gets a new form in Gray, but I have actually started to "warm" up to it's image. Especially since the wings are just ice and not part of the dragon's body coated in ice.

I am pretty sure that my dream team is going to be:
Grass Snake (Cause I never take my starter off my team) <3
Chandelier Ghost
Kibago's Final Form
The Ghost Golem
The Dark Steel Samurai Looking One
and
Zekrom

(Not the most well rounded, but I love the Ghosts and Dragons so...once I get the National Dex and/or Pokemon Gray...)

Grass Snake
Giratina
Zekrom
Ice-Dragon
Kibago's Final Form
and
Rayquaza

5/6 deathy weak against ice and 5/6 weak against dragons...should be interesting. ;)

Riversong
26th September 2010, 2:16 AM
A lot of people seem to hate Tabunne, calling it a wannabe Chansey, and all around girly pokemon.

Well...I still like it xD It's too cute. And apparently it gives out a ton of EXP when defeated? I haven't found one yet so I'm not sure.

And how can people hate on Kokoromori?

ForeverFlame
26th September 2010, 2:19 AM
Why do romanizations matter? Pronounce the Japanese names out loud in a Japanese accent. Giaru sounds exactly the same as Gear. Desukan sounds exactly the same as Deathkan. Embouu sounds exactly the same as Emboar. And Wooguru sounds similar to Wargle (though this one is a stretch imo).

SergeiDragunov
26th September 2010, 2:19 AM

idk, I think Kokoromori is a beast :D

Lorde
26th September 2010, 2:29 AM
A lot of people seem to hate Tabunne, calling it a wannabe Chansey, and all around girly pokemon.

Well...I still like it xD It's too cute. And apparently it gives out a ton of EXP when defeated? I haven't found one yet so I'm not sure.

Tabunne is a great Pokemon so I don't get why so many people like to hate on it. It gives you tons of experience points and it's found early on in Black and White, albeit, with some patience required. I love Tabunne for that reason despite it being Generation 5's Chansey is so many ways. Well, we needed a new one anyway I guess. And about Kokoromori; people just don't see the appeal. I love it, I just dislike that we need to train Koromori for Happiness just to get Kokoromori in the games. I was expecting it to be a wild Pokemon like Golbat. Well anyway, haters gonna hate~

koolhk
26th September 2010, 2:43 AM
Does anyone else find Gochimu really cute?
I think it is^_^

gleek
26th September 2010, 2:47 AM
I think it is^_^

I think it's the emo version of ralts LOL <3

Sabonea_Masukippa
26th September 2010, 2:49 AM
I think it is^_^

Gochimu is one of my new favourites. I want one, it's so cute. And Kumashun and Iwazumai. Gah. And Koaruhii. And Washibon. Too much cute. Love it.

koolhk
26th September 2010, 3:01 AM
Gochimu is one of my new favourites. I want one, it's so cute. And Kumashun and Iwazumai. Gah. And Koaruhii. And Washibon. Too much cute. Love it.

You are right, there are so many cute Pokemon this generation.
Banipucchi, Gochimu, Choroneko, Koromori, Kokoromori, Mijumaru, Yorterrie and many more^_^
This is my favourite generation of Pokemon so far:)

O Fortuna
26th September 2010, 3:22 AM

I'm not familiar with all the Pokemon, but is that a real evolutionary chain? Gee, Nintendo is running out of ideas.

SergeiDragunov
26th September 2010, 3:28 AM
I think it is^_^

Yep. And Gochiruzeru has the best cry EVER.

Rerbren
26th September 2010, 3:30 AM
I'm not familiar with all the Pokemon, but is that a real evolutionary chain? Gee, Nintendo is running out of ideas.

Those two, Poliwhirl and Poliwrath, are from the first generation. They're definitely not a reflection of Nintendo's lack of ideas.

FireTheAbsolLord
26th September 2010, 3:30 AM

The blue frogs? Yeah, thats a real one. Its from Kanto too.....(poliwag, the first form is one of my favorite pokemon....) so, uh, (to stay on topic) ....Zekrom....cool....right?

Rerbren
26th September 2010, 3:33 AM
The blue frogs? Yeah, thats a real one. Its from Kanto too.....(poliwag, the first form is one of my favorite pokemon....) so, uh, (to stay on topic) ....Zekrom....cool....right?

I personally prefer Reshiram, but I guess I can see why alot of people like Zekrom more.

BCVM22
26th September 2010, 3:34 AM
Those two, Poliwhirl and Poliwrath, are from the first generation. They're definitely not a reflection of Nintendo's lack of ideas.

The blue frogs? Yeah, thats a real one. Its from Kanto too.....(poliwag, the first form is one of my favorite pokemon....)

:|

Dammit, people.

FireTheAbsolLord
26th September 2010, 3:36 AM
I personally prefer Reshiram, but I guess I can see why alot of people like Zekrom more.

Zekrom and the final form of Pokabu are going to become the first few OU pokemon. There's no doubt about it. Also, yeah, Reshiram is pretty cool. I like Zekrom though, because he looks like a robotic dragon.

Rerbren
26th September 2010, 3:38 AM
Zekrom and the final form of Pokabu are going to become the first few OU pokemon. There's no doubt about it. Also, yeah, Reshiram is pretty cool. I like Zekrom though, because he looks like a robotic dragon.

And coincidentally, I like Reshiram because it looks more natural. The fact that it sides with the realistic brother makes me like its backstory, as well.

FireTheAbsolLord
26th September 2010, 3:40 AM
And coincidentally, I like Reshiram because it looks more natural. The fact that it sides with the realistic brother makes me like its backstory, as well.

Can't agree more to be honest, except about the part of you liking Reshiram better. I respect your opinion, but playing too much Digimon made me like robots too much....

Joe.
26th September 2010, 3:41 AM
Trainer sprites out yet?

Also don't complain about Poliwhirl and Poliwrath when we just got:

http://veekun.com:81/dex/media/black-white/633.pnghttp://veekun.com:81/dex/media/black-white/634.png

Also gears, and ice cream line and...well I could go on and on.

Sabonea_Masukippa
26th September 2010, 3:42 AM

No, you're right. Running out of ideas would be using the same basic gimmick on two unrelated Pokemon in the same generation.

http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/9123/arealidea.png

God. The new Pokemon suck.

Sarcasm, no?

asperger1981
26th September 2010, 3:48 AM
I'm not sure where to post this; but bulbagarden classifies monozu as a member of the indeterminate egg-group, while this site do it as a member of the dragon one. So, who is making the mistake?

Sabonea_Masukippa
26th September 2010, 3:59 AM
Trainer sprites out yet?

Also don't complain about Poliwhirl and Poliwrath when we just got:

http://veekun.com:81/dex/media/black-white/633.pnghttp://veekun.com:81/dex/media/black-white/634.png

Also gears, and ice cream line and...well I could go on and on.

No ones complaining about Poliwhirl or Poliwrath. Well, I'm not. I was responding to a post yesterday complaining about how similar Gigearu and Gigigearu looked and that it was a sign of uncreative-ness or some such nonsense.

And Monzu and Jihead are based on a hydra...growing heads is kinda the point.

Joe.
26th September 2010, 4:04 AM
Ok well that makes sense then, still don't like that it's the same thing with a second head but w/e.

Sabonea_Masukippa
26th September 2010, 4:17 AM
Ok well that makes sense then, still don't like that it's the same thing with a second head but w/e.

That's cool, but it's not like adding a head and calling it an evo is completely foreign to the series.

http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/4406/samea.png

And anyway, Monzu and Jihead and Doduo and Dodrio aren't really as simple as just adding an extra head, there are some differences in design as well, they're just subtle.

Atoyont
26th September 2010, 4:21 AM
S_M too good with dat 1st Generation disproof.

RedMage23
26th September 2010, 4:25 AM
Good points of the new Pokemon
-Good variety, especially for a set that's supposed to reboot the series
-Not too many water-types
-A good amount super awesome ones (Desukan, Hihidaruma, Munna, Zoroark, Gochiruzeru, Baibanira, Bachuru, Tsunbeaa, Doryuuzu, Zekrom, and Kyuremu are my favorites so far)
-Smugleaf
-There is actually a legit Trash pokemon (Weezing and Muk were cool, but this thing is literally a bag of garbage)

Bad points
-None related to older Pokemon (c'mon, that Heart Fish was begging to be Luvdisc's evolved form)
-Way too many legendaries for the second gen in a row (although Gen V is an improvement from Gen IV in that respect)
-More dumb ones than cool ones (this is not new to Gen V, but my opinion may change when I play the game)

R_N
26th September 2010, 4:28 AM
How are there "too many" legendaries.

Someone explain this to me how there can be "too many".

RedMage23
26th September 2010, 4:31 AM

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I think the amount they had in Generations 3 and 4 kind of cheapened the uniqueness of the older ones.

CyndaquilRules
26th September 2010, 4:34 AM
That's cool, but it's not like adding a head and calling it an evo is completely foreign to the series.

http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/4406/samea.png

And anyway, Monzu and Jihead and Doduo and Dodrio aren't really as simple as just adding an extra head, there are some differences in design as well, they're just subtle.

I must say, watching you destroy everyone who posts about lack of creativity is quite entertaining.

Also, to everyone trying to use the sprites in MS Paint, check out my signature..

R_N
Maybe I'm in the minority, but I think the amount they had in Generations 3 and 4 kind of cheapened the uniqueness of the older ones.

How so? Each one is still unique.

Sabonea_Masukippa

I don't understand this either. 13 legends, 3 more than Hoenn, 4 less than Hoenn.

Only 7 Legends are available in any one game without trading or events, which is only 3 more than Red/Blue.

It really doesn't feel like that much to me at all, really. Especially not after Sinnoh.

RedMage23
26th September 2010, 4:37 AM
I suppose you're right. But Sinnoh definitely had too many, to the point where I found myself thinking "oh yeah, that one's legendary too, isn't it?" too often.

R_N
26th September 2010, 4:39 AM
I don't understand this either. 13 legends, 3 more than Hoenn, 4 less than Hoenn.

Only 7 Legends are available in any one game without trading or events, which is only 3 more than Red/Blue.

It really doesn't feel like that much to me at all, really. Especially not after Sinnoh.

Actually Sinnoh had 14.

But I just don't get what's the big deal. They're still Pokemon. They just have myths and generally more powerful then normal. Also almost always have sidequests attached.
Would they suddenly become okay if they were just normal Pokemon given the Rotom or new Moth treatment?

CyndaquilRules
26th September 2010, 4:40 AM

Well, I don't have an issue with the amount of legendaries. Nor have I ever, but they way people see it is that legendarys should be, well, legendary. Most of the time, legendary means extremely rare or so. And extremely rare means few. So most people think legendary is a class that very few fit into. Right now I think there's around 40ish. So that makes 6% of Pokemon be legendary. Some people just want that number to be 2 or 1 %.

Atoyont
26th September 2010, 4:40 AM
Sinnoh's problem was the ratio of legendaries to normal Pokemon.

13&#37; of all Pokemon were legendary.

only 8.33% in Isshu are legendary.

BCVM22
26th September 2010, 4:42 AM
"Too many Legendaries" is the very definition of subjective. If we are to believe that Legendary Pok&#233;mon are both the mythological beasts and the cryptids of the Pok&#233;mon world, how is it a strike against them that there are a higher number? We don't chastize the countless religions, classical mythologies and indigenous beliefs worldwide for each having their own symbols, their own myths, their own creatures and the like, many of which resemble one another, do we?

We don't say that the stories of Bigfoot are "less unique" because there's the Yeti in the Himalayas, the skunk ape in the southeastern United States and countless other ape-man legends worldwide, do we?

R_N
26th September 2010, 4:48 AM

13% of all Pokemon were legendary.

Why is this a bad thing

What about this is bad

If you were just finding random Cresselias would this suddenly be okay?
Why?

Mewtwo_soul
26th September 2010, 4:49 AM
Legendaries are like myths. There are millions of myths in every culture. So why should Pokemon in its legendaries be any different. I think people forget this, and even with these myths/folktales/etc. there are still major differences between them. Look at Mewtwo and Mew still Legendaries, based off of the same creature and still different.

Also I hate when people bag on the creativity of Pokemon and act like everything is uncreative. Really annoying.

CyndaquilRules
26th September 2010, 4:49 AM

This is also true.

As long as each legendary is unique and is a different thing, I'm fine with it.

RedMage23
26th September 2010, 4:51 AM
If you were just finding random Cresselias would this suddenly be okay?
Why?

Yeah, actually... I'll tell you why. Of course this is just my opinion, you don't have to start a riot over it. The "sidequest" legendaries just seemed forced to me. If Black and White isn't like this, then I won't have a problem with it. It's less the amount and more the fact that a lot of the "auxiliary" legendaries seem forced.

Sabonea_Masukippa
26th September 2010, 4:52 AM
Actually Sinnoh had 14.

But I just don't get what's the big deal. They're still Pokemon. They just have myths and generally more powerful then normal. Also almost always have sidequests attached.
Would they suddenly become okay if they were just normal Pokemon given the Rotom or new Moth treatment?

Oh clap. Where'd I pull 17 from?? Lol.

I think that was it. For some people the ratio was too high, but that's just as much of an issue with the amount of regular pokemon introduced and not just the number of legendaries.

BCVM22
26th September 2010, 4:53 AM
What defines a "forced" Legendary...?

R_N
26th September 2010, 4:54 AM

Being a sidequest evidently.

CyndaquilRules
Legendaries are like myths. There are millions of myths in every culture. So why should Pokemon in its legendaries be any different. I think people forget this, and even with these myths/folktales/etc. there are still major differences between them. Look at Mewtwo and Mew still Legendaries, based off of the same creature and still different.

Also I hate when people bag on the creativity of Pokemon and act like everything is uncreative. Really annoying.

To me, it seems people actualy go after the more creative pokemon when they call out "uncreative."

I don't see the lack of creativity on a pokemon based on an exploding trash bag. It's original, interesting, and it makes me laugh.

The ice cream pokemon is creative and unqie, but I just think it's a stupid creative and unique thing to make.

But it is, what it is.

Royalty
I was searching for pictures to make a signature banner and I came across these two that I had to share with all of you.
<3
Originally, I was just indifferent to Reshiram, but this I makes me really LOVE Reshiram SO Much.
http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/240/3/e/baby_reshiram_and_zekrom_by_arkeis_pokemon-d2xgl7m.jpg
But I still like Zekrom more. :)

And, I was teetering back and forth on the fence about Kyuremu, but this one...this one makes me REALLY Like Him!!!...or Her!!!...or It!!! ;)
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/260/4/0/antiderp_by_shadeofshinon-d2ywjfc.png

Enjoy

RedMage23
26th September 2010, 4:55 AM

Idk... it just felt that way to me. Like "Oh BTW, there's also this other super strong Pokemon! It's just as super-cool as the last three!" It's almost like the Dragon Ball Z effect.

I'm not trying to convince you of anything, I'm just expressing my opinion.

^^^
OMG! I love the picture with Reshiram and Zekrom!

Atoyont
26th September 2010, 4:55 AM
It's how well the sidequest fits into the game. Frankly, though, Pok&#233;mon has never been known for its stories, so this seems odd to me.

CyndaquilRules
26th September 2010, 4:56 AM

More backstory and less "oh look, I was wandering through this cave and I found an overworld sprite of a pokemon, click! *legendary music plays*" apparently.

PokemonTrainerKaden
26th September 2010, 4:57 AM
@Royalty:
The top one is really cute and the bottom one is just AWESOME!!!!!!!!

RedMage23
26th September 2010, 4:57 AM
More backstory and less "oh look, I was wandering through this cave and I found an overworld sprite of a pokemon, click! *legendary music plays*"

EXACTLY. That's exactly what I'm talking about.

BTW, did I mention how much I love that garbage bag Pokemon?

R_N
26th September 2010, 4:58 AM
More backstory and less "oh look, I was wandering through this cave and I found an overworld sprite of a pokemon, click! *legendary music plays*"

This sounds exactly like Zapdos, Articuno, and Moltres.

Also Mewtwo if you didn't keep track of the Cinnabar journals

PokemonTrainerKaden
26th September 2010, 4:59 AM
I know the garbage bag is so cute.

BCVM22
26th September 2010, 4:59 AM
More backstory and less "oh look, I was wandering through this cave and I found an overworld sprite of a pokemon, click! *legendary music plays*" apparently.

Well that seems... arbitrary. It gets a big old "FORCED!" label slapped on it if it doesn't get top billing and have half of the game's paper-thin plot devoted to it?

Again, go to any part of the world where there are deeply-ingrained indigenous people and other strong belief systems stemming from the geography, and you'll find enough superstitions, cryptid beliefs, myths, legends and the like to fill a notebook. Why do we chastize Hoenn, Sinnoh and Isshu for being the same?

And yes, that definition does fit Kanto's Birds to a tee.

PokemonTrainerKaden
26th September 2010, 5:00 AM
because thats three out of the five regions.

Auraninja
26th September 2010, 5:01 AM
I believe that the reason they have added more legendaries was to have Pokemon coincide with phenomeon. Examples include:

Kyogre and Groudon: Land and Ocean
Dialga and Palkia: Space-time continuum
Reshiram and Zekrom: Yin-yang

You can also see in the aformentioned example that some of these concepts come in a pairing of legendaries (plus the duel legendary system reflects the boxart ideal such as Ho-oh and Lugia). Since there are a lot of phenomeon (either inherent or proposed), it would make since to have more legendaries. Plus, legendaries tend to leave a larger mark than other Pokemon, making the generation more rememberable, and there are other reasons for adding them as well.

So if people actually went and think about it, the legendaries make sense. There is no sense in whining about it as there is no point. Plus, there can equally be an appreciation for such legendary Pokemon.

Of course, there are some good arguments before this post, but I didn't see the need to really repeat those since I have very little to add to those.

Auraninja
26th September 2010, 5:04 AM
I believe that the reason they have added more legendaries was to have Pokemon coincide with phenomeon. Examples include:

Kyogre and Groudon: Land and Ocean
Dialga and Palkia: Space-time continuum
Reshiram and Zekrom: Yin-yang

You can also see in the aformentioned example that some of these concepts come in a pairing of legendaries (plus the duel legendary system reflects the boxart ideal such as Ho-oh and Lugia). Since there are a lot of phenomeon (either inherent or proposed), it would make since to have more legendaries. Plus, legendaries tend to leave a larger mark than other Pokemon, making the generation more rememberable, and there are other reasons for adding them as well.

So if people actually went and think about it, the legendaries make sense. There is no sense in whining about it as there is no point. Plus, there can equally be an appreciation for such legendary Pokemon.

Of course, there are some good arguments before this post, but I didn't see the need to really repeat those since I have very little to add to those.

Mewtwo_soul
Yeah, actually... I'll tell you why. Of course this is just my opinion, you don't have to start a riot over it. The "sidequest" legendaries just seemed forced to me. If Black and White isn't like this, then I won't have a problem with it. It's less the amount and more the fact that a lot of the "auxiliary" legendaries seem forced.

The point of Sidequests is to provide backstory. Which I think people are having a hard time understanding your opinion. For instance Regigigas has quite a bit of backstory aside from the Regi trio creation and more.

---

me, it seems people actualy go after the more creative pokemon when they call out "uncreative."

I don't see the lack of creativity on a pokemon based on an exploding trash bag. It's original, interesting, and it makes me laugh.

The ice cream pokemon is creative and unqie, but I just think it's a stupid creative and unique thing to make.

But it is, what it is.

Oh, I certainly agree, I think people are just wanting to ***** about anything they can and pose their imbecilic complaints as a defense by throwing the "it's an opinion card." everytime they cry and complain it makes me wonder how they aren't seen as trolling personally. Disliking and stating dislike is one thing bawling is flat out immaturity.

CyndaquilRules
Well that seems... arbitrary. It gets a big old "FORCED!" label slapped on it if it doesn't get top billing and have half of the game's paper-thin plot devoted to it?

Again, go to any part of the world where there are deeply-ingrained indigenous people and other strong belief systems stemming from the geography, and you'll find enough superstitions, cryptid beliefs, myths, legends and the like to fill a notebook. Why do we chastize Hoenn, Sinnoh and Isshu for being the same?

And yes, that definition does fit Kanto's Birds to a tee.

It would appear I forgot to put the word, "apparently." To the end of my sentence.

Personaly, I'm all for sidequest legendaries.

koolhk
26th September 2010, 5:05 AM
Like I posted on Bulbagarden Forums:
http://pokemonblackandwhite.net/?p=1457
I thought it was the official artwork for all the new Pokemon (excluding event legendaries) but it's not:(
However, it is some new official artwork for the new Pokemon^_^