PDA

View Full Version : Official Pokemon Discussion Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55

CaptainCombusken
16th April 2011, 4:54 PM
Dewott? I'd never Oshawott will just be pages upon pages of Unfezant drivel.

Grey Wind
16th April 2011, 5:10 PM
Stop taking all the good puns, you wont leavanny for me. I'll throh you in the klink for making such trubbish puns.

LexSuicune
16th April 2011, 5:17 PM
Accelgor is a beast, I love it.

GalladeX
16th April 2011, 5:23 PM
Remembar that song "Can't Stop (Catchin' 'Em All)"?
Well...there is a music video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GKykZ5zmqU&feature=channel_video_title)of it...

Haha, that was epic.

Cofagrigus is go-go-ghostie~!

CaptainCombusken
16th April 2011, 5:24 PM
If seen if before, the video, but that doesn't mean that it' not awesome watching it again! :)

GalladeX
16th April 2011, 5:27 PM
So, we have the pronunciation for Reuniclus now, huh?
Thank God...

Ree-you-neek-lus...

manifesto
16th April 2011, 5:30 PM
Did that pun conversation just happen...I'm so confused as to what I just saw. I'm like...in love but so lost and oh my wha- *EXPLODES*

GalladeX
16th April 2011, 5:31 PM
Did that pun conversation just happen...I'm so confused as to what I just saw. I'm like...in love but so lost and oh my wha- *EXPLODES*

Audino, man, I thought it was kinda cheesy.

R_N
16th April 2011, 7:45 PM
Man, the lead President of the United States is pretty old now.
The video was interesting, you can tell they had fun being so dorky. Probably not the way I thought a music video would go, but still charming I think.

Silent Conversation
16th April 2011, 7:55 PM
Thank God...

Ree-you-neek-lus...

That's how I pronounced it the whole time. How did everybody else pronounce it?

Concordia
16th April 2011, 7:58 PM
I haven't raised a Deino yet but I plan on starting soon... Sounds like quite the struggle. x__x

I've raised a total of 5, yet this was before I understood EV training and natures thoroughly so restarting all the way over again with a Modest Deino to try and gain the perfect Hydreigon ... not that I don't have more important things to do or anything :D

R_N
16th April 2011, 8:03 PM

I kept flipflopping between Ree-un-cue-lus and Reun (as in, Reunion )-cue-lus

I don't think I ever really properly looked at the name

redroses
16th April 2011, 8:09 PM

I pronounce the beginning of it's name a little different, probably because I am german and things like "eu" get pronounced differently here. So I read it something like: roy-nee-cue-lus. @_@

Mario with Lasers
16th April 2011, 8:27 PM
I pronounce the beginning of it's name a little different, probably because I am german and things like "eu" get pronounced differently here. So I read it something like: roy-nee-cue-lus. @_@

This pronunciation makes it look much more awesome. ROY THE BLOB

Ace_Charizard
16th April 2011, 9:11 PM
Probably too soon to say. but it's likely gonna be for 3ds.

aww. are you serious?? ONLY for the 3ds, or for all ds systems?

the_green_thunder
17th April 2011, 3:06 AM

Speaking of awkward/hard to pronounce names... Cofagrigus? I mean it's an all right name, even though I liked Desukan better. I just hate having to keep answering to all the people watching me play over my shoulder making jokes about his name.

Silent Conversation
17th April 2011, 3:08 AM
Speaking of awkward/hard to pronounce names... Cofagrigus? I mean it's an all right name, even though I liked Desukan better. I just hate having to keep answering to all the people watching me play over my shoulder making jokes about his name.

You do know, though, that it's not pronounced Co-***-ree-gus. It's pronounce Co-fa-gree-gus.

Sabonea_Masukippa
17th April 2011, 3:15 AM
Isn't it Cof-a-grii-jus? Aren't the two 'g' sounds different? Or am I mistaken?

Also, before BCVM pops in, it's highly likely the 3rd version will be 3DS exclusive, or at the very least enhanced enhanced, since the DS will be 1.5 years 'dead' by the time the game drops in Japan, and nearly 2 by the time the rest of the world gets it.

aquasuicune
17th April 2011, 3:21 AM
You do know, though, that it's not pronounced Co-***-ree-gus. It's pronounce Co-fa-gree-gus.

Is there an official pronunciation guide? I actually tend to use the former pronunciation.

Edit: an official pronunciation guide aside from the anime. I refuse to accept their pronunciations because Ash's voice is just so... so... weird.

Crimson_Blazer
17th April 2011, 3:34 AM
Is there an official pronunciation guide? I actually tend to use the former pronunciation.

Edit: an official pronunciation guide aside from the anime. I refuse to accept their pronunciations because Ash's voice is just so... so... weird.

The anime is probably the only way we can hear official pronounciations. Speaking of that, I pronounce reuniclus as rune-ick-cluss which is probably way off, but I also say rayquaza different than the anime so I digress

yeminied
17th April 2011, 3:43 AM
Due to there being lots of Pokémon that haven't been seen in the animé I either say them logically or for Pokémon that have difficult names I use what is said in the PotUSA song.

I used to say Cough-a-gri(rhymes with dry)-gus. Now I say Cough-a-gree-gus.

Silent Conversation
17th April 2011, 4:48 AM

Considering the entire first episode of the anime was filled with every single character talking about Po-kah-mon instead of Po-kay-mon, I don't see why anybody would consider the anime a reliable source for pronunciation.

Usually the most influential pronunciations come from Pokerap's. I'm pretty sure that's what cleared up the whole pronunciation about Cofagrigus.

the_green_thunder
17th April 2011, 5:13 AM
I pronounce it koff-ag-gri-gus. It works for me.

Cobalt_Latios
17th April 2011, 7:30 AM
Probably best to breed for a Deino so you can at least Dark Pulse on the thing.
Kept leveling it up thinking, "okay, seriously, when does this thing learn dark pulse?" Checked my guide... finally noticed it under egg moves. Wasn't very happy.

Ugh, I could never bring myself to raise more than one Hydreigon. It just takes forever; I didn't even bother raising another to get the second Zweilous I just GTS'd for it.
I have an absurd amount of patience. It's uncanny.

It is, even with the trade-EXP boost. Deino and Zweilous are both tremendously limited in their movesets and gain next to nothing via TM, and while the latter is better than the former, neither of them are terrific as battlers (attacking or defending) often making it hard to get them out there for a full round or two and actually earn the EXP themselves.

It's plenty worth it once it evolves and all of its stats magically become respectable and it gains any number of useful moves via TM, though.
Tried tossing an Eviolite on one... didn't help a whole lot, but it was better than what I had. Still mad at the results though. Then I just EXP shared it and went through a bunch of places to train it.

Knowing its limitations and when to get it the heck out of dodge is key to making sure it doesn't faint and force you to use a Revive so it can get the Exp. from the battle. As is the case to at least some degree with any Pokémon you're trying to raise, I imagine.
Except these guys don't get a tremendous amount of EXP and their levels are high. Do able, but very time consuming.

Took like 3 days to get the little bugger up there, and that was using Nimbasa stadiums and Giant Chasm Audino
This was me:
- Nimbasa Stadiums
- Royal Unova (evening)
- Cheren.
- Route 12 for EV training.

Worked like a charm.

In other news, this gen now introduced my new favorite Grass type, Lilligant.
Yes, Lilligant is amazing. Still need to find the right natured Petilil first before I evolve it...

Thank God...

Ree-you-neek-lus...
...That's how I assumed you pronounced. I tried it the other way, sounded too convoluted.

Isn't it Cof-a-grii-jus? Aren't the two 'g' sounds different? Or am I mistaken?
No, Cough-Agree-Gus sounds about right.

Also, before BCVM pops in, it's highly likely the 3rd version will be 3DS exclusive, or at the very least enhanced enhanced, since the DS will be 1.5 years 'dead' by the time the game drops in Japan, and nearly 2 by the time the rest of the world gets it.
Would the R/S remakes be before, or after the 3rd version then?

/CL

BCVM22
17th April 2011, 7:41 AM
Would the R/S remakes be before, or after the 3rd version then?

Generation III launched its initial pair in November 2002, its remakes in January 2004 and its third game in September 2004.

Generation IV launched its initial pair in September 2006, its third game in September 2008 and its remakes in September 2009.

The answer to your question is that there is no answer right now and that it's largely a matter of which of the two precedents you place more stock in.

Following Generation IV's release schedule would seem to fit more with how the core titles release in the present; Fire Red and Leaf Green were the only core titles since the original Red and Green to not launch in the fall or early winter, and it stands to reason that they wanted all five Generation III titles on the market before the DS launched late that year.

Going by Generation IV's schedule, Japan would get the third Unova game next fall (2012) and any potential remakes a year later (2013). However, given that there are only two precedents and they differ, one doesn't necessarily hold objective priority over the other.

tl;dr: no answer right now, really, just wait and see.

Ballistixz
17th April 2011, 8:57 AM
Please enlighten me as to how this:

http://www.celebrationsandtoys.co.uk/images/P/t%20rex.jpg

and this:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_69FSMcbtEfI/TORMWGBXpVI/AAAAAAAAALk/rM5QeuTk0M4/s1600/248Tyranitar_Dream.png

are the same. Tyranitar has fully working limbs, and is a made up, fictional monster to fit in as Dragonite the sequel. Honestly, I don't think Tyranitar even has any sort of real life counterpart.

Tyrant in the case of Tyrannosaurus Rex, loosely means warrior ruler. That's the original meaning of it, not connotative. We as modern people look at tyrants as bad and evil. The ancient Greeks and Romans used tyrant to mean warrior ruler-king. Tyrannosaurus Rex means king of lizards (with rex actually meaning king and since it's a carnovore, it's a warrior and saur[us] means lizard.)

thats a weak argument. does a psyduck/golduck look anything like a real duck?

or does this ;007; look anything like a real life turtle? no it doesnt.

you can say "tyranitar is not anatomically correct!" all u want but the fact of the matter is most pokemon are not exact copies of there real life counter parts. warturtle for example. the only similarities it has to a real life turtle is its shell. when was the last time you seen a turtle stand on its hind legs? when was the last time you seen a turtle with a nice fluffy tail and fluffy ears?

so saying tyranitar is not similar to its T-rex real life counter part just because it has longer arms is kind of ridiculous. your also forgeting that most pokemons names rhyme with there real life counterpart.

squirtle-----turtle
deerling-----deer
starmie-----starfish
garbador-----garbage
Tyranitor------Tyrannosaurus

so even tho you might not like it, T tar is the T rex poke in the game. also there are many diffrent definitions of the word "tyrant". the definition you gave for the greeks is only one and mainly apply to them.

heres a few including your greek definition.

1. An absolute ruler who governs without restrictions.
2. A ruler who exercises power in a harsh, cruel manner.
3. An oppressive, harsh, arbitrary person

1. (Government, Politics & Diplomacy) a person who governs oppressively, unjustly, and arbitrarily; despot
2. any person who exercises authority in a tyrannical manner
3. anything that exercises tyrannical influence
4. (Historical Terms) (esp in ancient Greece) a ruler whose authority lacked the sanction of law or custom; usurper

also the real "kings/tyrants/rulers" of the dinos lived in the oceans. if you know your dinos you should know what dino of the ocean im talking about ;)

LonesomeDiamond
17th April 2011, 9:28 AM
*climbs out of his hole*

Psyduck and Golduck are largely based on Platypuses(HANDS), their names and dex classifications are terribly misleading.

Squirtle looks enough like a turtle to me. In the same vein that a Koopa in mario looks like a turtle.

Tyranitar's design is based on Godzilla. Please, just take a second to look at Godzilla...yeah. It literally has no features of a Tyrannosaurus. It's head isn't large at all, it doesn't have a bird-like bone structure, it's body is bulky overall instead of mostly in the legs, and if it's name WASN'T Tyranitar, nobody would even try to argue that it was based on a tyrannosaurus...Great, I came out of lurking to get into a completely unrelated discussion. :\

Ballistixz
17th April 2011, 9:36 AM
*climbs out of his hole*

Psyduck and Golduck are largely based on Platypuses(HANDS), their names and dex classifications are terribly misleading.

Squirtle looks enough like a turtle to me. In the same vein that a Koopa in mario looks like a turtle.

Tyranitar's design is based on Godzilla. Please, just take a second to look at Godzilla...yeah. It literally has no features of a Tyrannosaurus. It's head isn't large at all, it doesn't have a bird-like bone structure, it's body is bulky overall instead of mostly in the legs, and if it's name WASN'T Tyranitar, nobody would even try to argue that it was based on a tyrannosaurus...Great, I came out of lurking to get into a completely unrelated discussion. :\

but if your a Godzilla fan then u would know that Godzilla was also based on a T-rex. T-rex with steroids to be exact. its name also has almost same MEANING as the T-rex name. its tital being "king of monsters" rather then "king of lizards"

LonesomeDiamond
17th April 2011, 10:54 AM
Y'see...Can we agree that the DESIGN is more heavily based on Godzilla than anything else (regardless of what Godzilla itself is based on.) I think in regards to behavior, there is likely a parallel to the Tyrannosaurus, but in my regard(and I'm sure many others) that doesn't really make Tyranitar a Tyrannosaurus.

*rambles in the morning with a podcast in the background*

Poke_Mania97
17th April 2011, 4:20 PM
is earth power good on deino/ its evo

the_green_thunder
17th April 2011, 4:52 PM
The best moveset on a special sweeper Hydreigon is:

Draco Meteor/Dragon Pulse (depends on whether or not you like the -2 Sp Atk)
Dark Pulse (breed)
Flamethrower (for Ice types)
The last move is a toos-up. Surf, Tri-Attack, Hydreigon doesn't really have any stand-out options here.

is earth power good on deino/ its evo

Earth Power would be a great fourth attack, but you can't breed Earth Power AND Dark Pulse onto him, and Dark Pulse is better than Earth Power. You could potentially run a mixed Hydreigon, with:

Crunch
Draco Meteor/Dragon Pulse
Earth Power
Work Up/Flamethrower

...but Dark Pulse beats out Crunch in my opinion.

Poke_Mania97
17th April 2011, 5:01 PM
The best moveset on a special sweeper Hydreigon is:

Draco Meteor/Dragon Pulse (depends on whether or not you like the -2 Sp Atk)
Dark Pulse (breed)
Flamethrower (for Ice types)
The last move is a toos-up. Surf, Tri-Attack, Hydreigon doesn't really have any stand-out options here.

Earth Power would be a great fourth attack, but you can't breed Earth Power AND Dark Pulse onto him, and Dark Pulse is better than Earth Power. You could potentially run a mixed Hydreigon, with:

Crunch
Draco Meteor/Dragon Pulse
Earth Power
Work Up/Flamethrower

...but Dark Pulse beats out Crunch in my opinion.

sorry forgot to say i have both on him! i got an egg yesterday

the_green_thunder
17th April 2011, 5:29 PM

Wait, you have a Deino with both Earth Power AND Dark Pulse? Is this possible? Okay, I've been under the assumption that you can only get about 1-2 Egg Moves onto a Pokémon, like if Garchomp teaches Deino Earth Power than you can't also have an Arbok teach the same Deino Dark Pulse. But am I wrong? Is there a way to get multiple Egg Moves from different fathers onto a single Pokémon?

oriclion
17th April 2011, 6:37 PM
Ok, so I have a Forretress and I'm having trouble to figure out how to use him :s I don't know which move sets are best for him since I cannot enter smogon university. Can someone help me?

Grei
17th April 2011, 6:49 PM
but if your a Godzilla fan then u would know that Godzilla was also based on a T-rex. T-rex with steroids to be exact. its name also has almost same MEANING as the T-rex name. its tital being "king of monsters" rather then "king of lizards"

That doesn't make Tyranitar a T-Rex, that makes Tyranitar a Pokemon that is based on a creature that is based on a T-Rex. Gothitelle and Gardevoir are based on humans. One would not say that they are actually based on monkeys just because a human was once a monkey.

Wait, you have a Deino with both Earth Power AND Dark Pulse? Is this possible? Okay, I've been under the assumption that you can only get about 1-2 Egg Moves onto a Pokémon, like if Garchomp teaches Deino Earth Power than you can't also have an Arbok teach the same Deino Dark Pulse. But am I wrong? Is there a way to get multiple Egg Moves from different fathers onto a single Pokémon?

If you breed a Pokemon with a Smeargle which knows those egg moves, then yes. But that only works for Pokemon in the Ground egg group. But this isn't possible for Deino because it's in the Dragon egg group.

Which means he hacked it, or someone hacked it for him.

Grey Wind
17th April 2011, 9:15 PM
Have fun with your hack

Slowemperor
17th April 2011, 9:51 PM
Have you seen the new DW artwork? I'm glad they finally came out! I'm particularly happy with Thundurus and Tornerus since they have their arms uncrossed (I haven't yet been able to understand if the black thing is a mouth or an under-stach)! Mandibuzz and Bisharp are also very impressive, and Archeops and Vaniluxe growing on me. But the most awsome artwork revealed is (in my opinion)

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/2/2d/635Hydreigon_Dream.png

Silent Conversation
17th April 2011, 10:05 PM
Yeah, the new DW artwork is really good. Personally, I almost like them a bit more than Sugimori art. As you can see, I'm showing off the new Gallade one, and I really like it.

Poke_Mania97
17th April 2011, 10:21 PM
Have fun with your hack

wtf??????????????????????????????? i got it in a trade. that means he/she is a hacker.

Ok wait how about this: Garchomp gave a deino baby earthpower, then it breed with a female deino and made another deino. then that female deino baby breeds with an arbok with dark pulse and the baby now has both moves

LonesomeDiamond
17th April 2011, 10:30 PM
The mother cannot pass moves unless they are level-up moves that the father also knows.

Hejiru
17th April 2011, 10:30 PM
wtf??????????????????????????????? i got it in a trade. that means he/she is a hacker.

Ok wait how about this: Garchomp gave a deino baby earthpower, then it breed with a female deino and made another deino. then that female deino baby breeds with an arbok with dark pulse and the baby now has both moves

No, because females cannot pass on moves.

manifesto
18th April 2011, 8:12 AM
thats a weak argument. does a psyduck/golduck look anything like a real duck?

or does this ;007; look anything like a real life turtle? no it doesnt.

you can say "tyranitar is not anatomically correct!" all u want but the fact of the matter is most pokemon are not exact copies of there real life counter parts. warturtle for example. the only similarities it has to a real life turtle is its shell. when was the last time you seen a turtle stand on its hind legs? when was the last time you seen a turtle with a nice fluffy tail and fluffy ears?

so saying tyranitar is not similar to its T-rex real life counter part just because it has longer arms is kind of ridiculous. your also forgeting that most pokemons names rhyme with there real life counterpart.

squirtle-----turtle
deerling-----deer
starmie-----starfish
garbador-----garbage
Tyranitor------Tyrannosaurus

so even tho you might not like it, T tar is the T rex poke in the game. also there are many diffrent definitions of the word "tyrant". the definition you gave for the greeks is only one and mainly apply to them.

heres a few including your greek definition.

1. An absolute ruler who governs without restrictions.
2. A ruler who exercises power in a harsh, cruel manner.
3. An oppressive, harsh, arbitrary person

1. (Government, Politics & Diplomacy) a person who governs oppressively, unjustly, and arbitrarily; despot
2. any person who exercises authority in a tyrannical manner
3. anything that exercises tyrannical influence
4. (Historical Terms) (esp in ancient Greece) a ruler whose authority lacked the sanction of law or custom; usurper

also the real "kings/tyrants/rulers" of the dinos lived in the oceans. if you know your dinos you should know what dino of the ocean im talking about ;)

*Sharpens axe blade*

1. Golduck and Psyduck are based off of duck-billed platapi (gee, I wonder where the duck part of their name came from...) and the kappa mixed. I have the 1999 copy of the "Trainer's first Pokedex" book right next to me stating this. Bite me.

2. Are you serious with Squirtle not looking anything like a turtle? It has the same basic shape and look of a turtle. Pokemon has room for creativity. Squirtle is obviously a turtle. Bite me.

3. Your example of Wartortle again furthers my point. It may have extra parts to it but it still looks EXACTLY like a turtle at its base. It has a shell, it has a tail (albeit fluffy) and it has a freaking round head. Bite me.

4. Your point about names is ridiculous. Reuniclus? Solosis? Pinsir? Scyther? Electabuzz? Come on, those are just a few I can think of off the top of my head. It's not a constant nor is it a rule of naming. Bite me.

5. Tyrannosaurus Rex was a specific Tyrannosaur. We discussed this earlier, but you obviously have seemed to skip over that part. He's a Tyrannosaur. Not a Tyrannosaurus Rex. The body has absolutely no correlation to a Tyrannosaurus Rex. He is more accurately a mix between Godzilla and a dinosaur sized horned toad. See, all the pokemon you made reference to earlier at least have a similar shape to exactly what they represented. Tyrannitar also has the ability sand stream which seems to me to be representative of his existence in a desert...oh wait...this just in!: HORNED TOADS LIVE IN THE DESERT. Sand Stream = desert = horned toad theory given a solid base. Bite me.

6. Ocean dinosaurs have absolutely nothing to do with this argument. I was simply stating that I have no legitimately T-rex looking pokemon to add to my party and ravage others with. If Tyranitar were to have been a T-rex specifically, he would have either been a fossil or a Pupitar would have evolved learning Ancientpower (Pokemon, while not being completely true to real life or science [other than type matchups which link up to psychology and biology mostly] at least has that type of consistency with the monsters Game Freak puts into the games.) Name one pokemon that's got an extinct prehistoric (meaning: before documented history) animal for its base that doesn't come to be in either of those methods (Fossil or evolving after learning Anciencpower.) Lapras doesn't count as it's based off of the Loch Ness monster, not a Plesiosaur and Doduo/Dodrio don't count because the Dodo bird was only made extinct in the 17th century. So humor me, please. Also bite me.

7. Furthering my last point, Dinosaurs in real life may be extinct. The entire genus Tyrannosaur may also be extinct in real life. BUT! These two words (Dinosaur & Tyrannosaur), based off of their definitions can very well exist in Pokemon. As such: since Tyranitar is based off of a reptile, and is very large, it is a dinosaur (Terrible [huge/monstrous] lizard). Also, since he's a tyrant and a jerk and powerful, he's a Tyrannosaur. He's not based off of a T-rex specifically, he's based off of the entire idea of a Tyrannosaur in general (i.e. Gigantosaurus, Spinosaurus, Godzilla.) As such, we have no Tyrannosaurus Rex pokemon. That was all I was saying in my first post on this topic. Bite me.

8. Your grammar is atrocious.

9.The argument about the word Tyrant stopped in the last post of this entire stupid argument that got nowhere but proving me essentially right in the first place in that there is no T-rex pokemon. Again Tyrannosaur =/= T-rex. If you know your dinosaurs, you'd know that. Wouldn't you?

*climbs out of his hole*

Also this. All of this. Whoever you are, I love you.

That doesn't make Tyranitar a T-Rex, that makes Tyranitar a Pokemon that is based on a creature that is based on a T-Rex. Gothitelle and Gardevoir are based on humans. One would not say that they are actually based on monkeys just because a human was once a monkey.

You too. You are awesome.

Now, for the love of this thread and all that is holy, can. We. Please. Drop. This. Topic? I thought it was dropped because we came to a settlement in what was being discussed. Guess I was wrong.

Ballistixz
18th April 2011, 8:31 AM
*Sharpens axe blade*

1. Golduck and Psyduck are based off of duck-billed platapi (gee, I wonder where the duck part of their name came from...) and the kappa mixed. I have the 1999 copy of the "Trainer's first Pokedex" book right next to me stating this. Bite me.

2. Are you serious with Squirtle not looking anything like a turtle? It has the same basic shape and look of a turtle. Pokemon has room for creativity. Squirtle is obviously a turtle. Bite me.

3. Your example of Wartortle again furthers my point. It may have extra parts to it but it still looks EXACTLY like a turtle at its base. It has a shell, it has a tail (albeit fluffy) and it has a freaking round head. Bite me.

4. Your point about names is ridiculous. Reuniclus? Solosis? Pinsir? Scyther? Electabuzz? Come on, those are just four I can think of off the top of my head. It's not a constant nor is it a rule of naming. Bite me.

5. Tyrannosaurus Rex was a specific Tyrannosaur. We discussed this earlier, but you obviously have seemed to skip over that part. He's a Tyrannosaur. Not a Tyrannosaurus Rex. The body has absolutely no correlation to a Tyrannosaurus Rex. He is more accurately a mix between Godzilla and a dinosaur sized horned toad. See, all the pokemon you made reference to earlier at least have a similar shape to exactly what they represented. Tyrannitar also has the ability sand stream which seems to me to be representative of his existence in a desert...oh wait...this just in!: HORNED TOADS LIVE IN THE DESERT. Sand Stream = desert = horned toad theory given a solid base. Bite me.

6. Ocean dinosaurs have absolutely nothing to do with this argument. I was simply stating that I have no legitimately T-rex looking pokemon to add to my party and ravage others with. If Tyrannotar were to have been a T-rex specifically, he would have either been a fossil or a Pupitar would have evolved learning Ancientpower. Name one pokemon that's got a prehistoric base that doesn't come to be in either of those methods. Lapras doesn't count as it's based off of the Loch Ness monster, not a Plesiosaur. Humor me. Also bite me.

7. Furthering my last point, Dinosaurs in real life may be extinct. The entire genus Tyrannosaur may also be extinct in real life. BUT! These two words, based off of their definitions can very well exist in Pokemon. Therefore, as Tyranitar is based off of a reptile, and is very large it is a dinosaur. Also, since he's a tyrant and a jerk and powerful, he's a Tyrannosaur. He's not based off of a T-rex specifically, he's based off of the entire idea of a Tyrannosaur in general (i.e. Gigantosaurus, Spinosaurus, Godzilla.) As such, we have no Tyrannosaurus Rex pokemon. That was all I was saying in my first post on this topic. Bite me.

8. Your grammar is atrocious.

9.The argument about the word Tyrant stopped in the last post of this entire stupid argument that got nowhere but proving me essentially right in the first place in that there is no T-rex pokemon. Again Tyrannosaur =/= T-rex. If you know your dinosaurs, you'd know that. Wouldn't you?

Also this. All of this. Whoever you are, I love you.

You too. You are awesome.

Now, for the love of this thread and all that is holy, can. We. Please. Drop. This. Topic? I thought it was dropped, guess I was wrong.

Bro, i think you are taking this way to seriously and way to personal.

for one calm down, ur way to mad. it does not get that serious. i think you are the only one in this thread that actually took this as a personal attack where as everyone else calmly stated there own arguments.

2ndly does it really matter? in my post a few pages back i already mentioned that he was closer in resemblance to both a T-rex and Godzilla. i stated that he is the closest thing we have to a T-rex Pokemon in this game. there is not a single Pokemon that is closer to the T-rex description then T-tar is regardless of what T-Tar actually looks like.

and 3rdly, please correct your own grammar and spelling before trying to comment on someones grammar.

so relax and chill. no need to get so frustrated and annoyed as if it was a personal attack on you because its not. but since you seem to get soooooo angry over the subject i think it is best to drop it for your own sake if you cant be mature about it.

manifesto
18th April 2011, 8:51 AM
Bro, i think you are taking this way to seriously and way to personal.

for one calm down, ur way to mad. it does not get that serious. i think you are the only one in this thread that actually took this as a personal attack where as everyone else calmly stated there own arguments.

2ndly does it really matter? in my post a few pages back i already mentioned that he was closer in resemblance to both a T-rex and Godzilla. i stated that he is the closest thing we have to a T-rex Pokemon in this game. there is not a single Pokemon that is closer to the T-rex description then T-tar is regardless of what T-Tar actually looks like.

and 3rdly, please correct your own grammar and spelling before trying to comment on someones grammar.

so relax and chill. no need to get so frustrated and annoyed as if it was a personal attack on you because its not. but since you seem to get soooooo angry over the subject i think it is best to drop it for your own sake if you cant be mature about it.

It was 2:30 AM in my area at the time of posting, forgive my lack of perfection in my rhetoric (my spelling was perfect, I assure you. I'm anal about this.) as I was simply stating how you're wrong in this and that Tyranitar is not a T-rex but it is a Tyrannosaur. There's a big difference between the two. Maturity would have come with you noticing that we had dropped the entire conversation as we had come to a conclusion about what Tyranitar is a few pages ago. Also, just because we don't have a T-rex, a full fledged T-rex that is- doesn't mean we need to compensate with a B-rate excuse for a Tyrannosaurus Rex. Case closed. End of story. Dropping this subject, which for the matter was dropped before you even brought it back up.

Also, a suggestion for good refutation: try to argue against the points made.

Also, before you start assuming that this thread was what was making me angry, understand that as a human being we all have a tendency to wrongly take things out on other people. Reading internet shorthand does nothing to brighten my mood (or make an argument look legitimate and compelling) so I lashed out because of that. I apologize, there are extraneous, very stressful things happening in my life (the likes of which I will not post here) that are causing me to be a grouch right now.

LonesomeDiamond
18th April 2011, 10:55 AM
manifesto...You're a pretty cool dude. I've been lurking here for quite some time after really losing faith in this community(I still don't really have any, but y'know. The tiny twinkles of goodness) and it's nice to see coherency. Hope things brighten up for ya.

Anyway, to actually post on-topic... I'm starting to understand some gripes I've seen about the Musketeer trio (Including Virizion here.) They just seem...dumbed down. Looking at the other ungulate pokemon this gen, I feel like there was no reason to cut back on the complexity of their hooves and leg joints. The boot motif could have been achieved without sacrificing that shape to the legs. Virizion is still included because it only looks better than the other two because it's thin and ungulates have thin legs, but the lack of articulation is still there. Cobalion is so goofed up that you can hardly tell he should be an ungulate to begin with, and alot of people have complained about how awkward its leg bends. It's bending correctly for an ungulate, but it doesn't look enough like one to really work. Terrakion hasn't been shown with very elaborate posing, so it's harder to judge. Its bulkiness is still very misleading in regards to what it should actually be. And the faces! The idea is there for all of their faces, but it just feels like they could've done more with them.

Keldeo is alright though, cuz' it doesn't really have the same design gimmicks as the other three and it's intended to appeal in the cute category.

And a tiny note about the Kami trio, which I actually like quite a lot. Did Azelf, Uxie, and Mesprit get this much grief last gen about recycled designs? They may have; I don't recall. But the variety in the Kami trio is far more prevalent than for those three. I'm just bugged that nobody seems to get that them all looking largely the same is the ****ING POINT. And that isn't a terrible thing. At least they have variations in type(My only huge issue with the Fairies, besides generally not liking their designs too much.) Also, I think the "second mustache" under each of their white mustaches could be like their chin or bottom lip. So when they open their mouths that bit would move down to expose their mouth hidden under the mustache. Although I would've colored it the same as their corresponding markings if that were the case, eh. Maybe.

(Ramble Ramble Ramble)

Edit: That "tiny note" is gigantic. Whoopsidoodles.

gatesy0093
18th April 2011, 11:12 AM
just thought id say that tyranintor used to be brilliant in silver... but now there are so many more pokemon that could easily destroy it, i dont see why you care that much at all.

AND, i got my very first critical capture on a seismitoad at irricus :D

Poke_Mania97
18th April 2011, 2:16 PM
No, because females cannot pass on moves.

:( Ah well i replaced earth power with hyper voice

The Eleventh
18th April 2011, 3:41 PM
There's one small thing that really annoys me in Black and White. The European versions use the American dating system, and American spellings. For example, it states I started my game on 3/04/11, rather than 4/03/11. It's just a small thing, but I feel it should have been fixed. Previous games didn't have this problem because they used word format (e.g. 26th March 2011). /whining for no reason

Grey Wind
18th April 2011, 4:36 PM
There's one small thing that really annoys me in Black and White. The European versions use the American dating system, and American spellings. For example, it states I started my game on 3/04/11, rather than 4/03/11. It's just a small thing, but I feel it should have been fixed. Previous games didn't have this problem because they used word format (e.g. 26th March 2011). /whining for no reason
You're not the only one, that annoyed me too

So....Braviary? Do many people use it?

JD
18th April 2011, 6:53 PM

I used a Braviary on my in game team I was pretty impressed with it. Honestly I think it's just a stronger version of Staraptor though just not as fast I don't know how many people use it on Competitive battles though it should be Flying/Fighting.

gatesy0093
18th April 2011, 7:00 PM

i use braviary loads, its my strongest pokemon as its nature ups attack, i prefer its japanese name though, wargle, i think its kinda cool so i named it wargle xD

Lorde
18th April 2011, 7:00 PM

I've used it a few times, but I don't keep it on my team on a regular basis. It's a pretty reliable Pokemon in its own way and it sure beats some of the other Flying-types that I've used in Generation 5. Swanna is still my favorite Flying-type Pokemon introduced in Gen 5, but Braviary ain't that bad. I feel sorry for Mandibuzz, though. I haven't seen too many people who use her and it's sort of sad that Vullaby and Mandibuzz are overshadowed by Rufflet and Braviary.

Legendary Dreams
18th April 2011, 7:23 PM

Its on my main team.

I already saw that Crush Claw + STAB + Sheer Force + Life Orb will be a great damage dealer. Even seeing those words sounds brutal.

And it fills in for flier.

Grey Wind
18th April 2011, 9:44 PM
^ Yeah Braviary is awesome. Tough to get to though....Rufflet is horrendous. It barely took out anything.

manifesto
18th April 2011, 10:13 PM
A lot of people I know use Braviary, he's strong and I personally think he's cool too but Archeops defninitely overshadows him for me. Dino birds ftw :D

just thought id say that tyranintor used to be brilliant in silver... but now there are so many more pokemon that could easily destroy it, i dont see why you care that much at all.

It wasn't about how strong it was, it was about what it was based off of.

manifesto...You're a pretty cool dude. I've been lurking here for quite some time after really losing faith in this community(I still don't really have any, but y'know. The tiny twinkles of goodness) and it's nice to see coherency. Hope things brighten up for ya.

I appreciate it greatly, things are actually looking up as we speak. I'm going on a break from college this week and it'll definitely help things further.

Blackjack the Titan
18th April 2011, 10:15 PM
What do you think the new forme for Kyurem will look like?

manifesto
18th April 2011, 10:22 PM
Maybe it'll be a more full, bipedal dragon with big scary arms and badass looking generator wings? Possibly adding to the tail, making the neck less stiff, with a more powerful looking face as well.

gatesy0093
18th April 2011, 10:25 PM
woa woa woa.. there changing kyurem? how can they do that ?

Venomrec
18th April 2011, 10:25 PM
What do you think the new forme for Kyurem will look like?

I'm not sure but i imagine he'd have Giant wings & a head held high.

manifesto
18th April 2011, 10:32 PM
woa woa woa.. there changing kyurem? how can they do that ?

The same way they changed Deoxys, Giratina and Shaymin. They'll make the third game/(hopeful) remakes have a second form with a different distribution of stats and a different look that's activated with an item or event. I'm actually excited as to what it'd look like.

gatesy0093
18th April 2011, 10:43 PM
ohhh, ok. what confuses me to be honest, is when people go out and buy one of each game, and then the third one?!?! whats that all about, they dont even change the third one that much and it turns out pretty much exactly the same, they dont add much more Pokemon and it isnt hard to trade is it? sorry for everyone who does this, rant over. just needed to express my annoyance haha. i mean yeah, i love Pokemon and have had one of each genre, only time i bought two was sapphire and emerald. but my point still stands...

Toge Tamer
18th April 2011, 10:47 PM
The same way they changed Deoxys, Giratina and Shaymin. They'll make the third game/(hopeful) remakes have a second form with a different distribution of stats and a different look that's activated with an item or event. I'm actually excited as to what it'd look like.
If it changes at all.

Dracoste
18th April 2011, 10:49 PM
ohhh, ok. what confuses me to be honest, is when people go out and buy one of each game, and then the third one?!?! whats that all about, they dont even change the third one that much and it turns out pretty much exactly the same, they dont add much more Pokemon and it isnt hard to trade is it? sorry for everyone who does this, rant over. just needed to express my annoyance haha. i mean yeah, i love Pokemon and have had one of each genre, only time i bought two was sapphire and emerald. but my point still stands...

Well, mostly because it contains (posibly)extras like a battle frontier, more moving sprites, move tutors, extended story, Gym leader rematches.
And also a change to train the other Pokémon that you didn't train in the walkthough of BW.

manifesto
18th April 2011, 10:52 PM
Well, since Black and White are actually lacking a Battle Frontier, different formes, and some other things I'm not thinking of right now, there very well can be a big difference. Plus, the story is much better in all of the third games in my opinion.

Well, mostly because it contains (posibly)extras like a battle frontier, more moving sprites, move tutors, extended story, Gym leader rematches.
And also a change to train the other Pokémon that you didn't train in the walkthough of BW.

Also this, all of this.

If it changes at all.

Well, yes. That was kind of the point I was making and the question I was answering. The topic brought up was all assuming that he would change.

gatesy0093
18th April 2011, 10:54 PM
ok ok. i get ya point, sorry for being open about it. what if its called something like pokemon gray though, thats a horrible name. makes it sound dull and boring :(

manifesto
18th April 2011, 11:03 PM
No no no, it's all right dude. Nobody was attacking you, don't take it that way. We were just telling you the other side of the story and that what could be the changes are actually bigger than you think. No worries.

I agree that Gray would be a crappy name for a game though.

gatesy0093
18th April 2011, 11:07 PM
ahhh ok, sorry i'm kinda tired and i do tend to get grumpy a bit haha, soz dude :) yeah grey sucks but what do you think will be on the cover? kyurem? or maybe a steel/normal type? AUDINO for the win :D haha, jokes, but that would be pretty awesome xD

manifesto
18th April 2011, 11:11 PM
ahhh ok, sorry i'm kinda tired and i do tend to get grumpy a bit haha, soz dude :) yeah grey sucks but what do you think will be on the cover? kyurem? or maybe a steel/normal type? AUDINO for the win :D haha, jokes, but that would be pretty awesome xD

Trust me, I know what being grumpy is like (see my posts from 2:30 this morning) haha.

Kyurem would probably be the most likely pokemon on the front cover of "Gra(e)y." The whole steel/normal type idea is nice, but it would have to be a completely new pokemon and we're not gonna see any new ones until the 6th generation. Audino though...now that'd be a twist.

gatesy0093
18th April 2011, 11:16 PM
well maybe not a steel/normal poke, i kinda meant like either a steel or a normal but hey, steel and normal would be something different i guess. yeah i vote audino for the cover, it somehow gets angry and turns into an 'uber' poke because of its high HP stat, and its increased attack stat due its rage!!

Silent Conversation
18th April 2011, 11:19 PM
The whole steel/normal type idea is nice, but it would have to be a completely new pokemon and we're not gonna see any new ones until the 6th generation. Audino though...now that'd be a twist.

I am officially calling Audino Robot Form for the third game.

Dracoste
18th April 2011, 11:20 PM
I kinda think "Gray" will be fitting, cause it's in the middle of Black and White.

redroses
18th April 2011, 11:23 PM
I actually could see the story of gray being that Ghetsis having failed to gain control of Reshiram or Zekrom, turns to the capture of Kyurem. In the process of trying to take control over Kyurem, the Shadow Triad betrays him and steals Kyurem (as that was actually their plan from the beginning, that they hoped Ghetsis would awaken Kyurem for them). Now with Kyurem in their control they use some special item that gives him the ability to absorb both, Reshiram and Zekrom and changing Kyurem to another form (as, if I am not mistaking Kyurem represents the Wuji, which again represtents the absence of yin and yang aswell as the ultimate nothingness). So, now you have to stop Kyurem before he turns the entire world into nothing, by absorbing everything there is. As Reshiram/Zekrom was taking from N in this process he teams up with you, and together you fight your way to some mysterious place were Kyurem awaits you.
You defeat Kyurem he changes back to normal and wanders of to an other place were you can later on catch him.

...Or something like that.

gatesy0093
18th April 2011, 11:26 PM
I actually could see the story of gray being that Ghetsis having failed to gain control of Reshiram or Zekrom, turns to the capture of Kyurem. In the process of trying to take control over Kyurem, the Shadow Triad betrays him and steals Kyurem (as that was actually their plan from the beginning, that they hoped Ghetsis would awaken Kyurem for them). Now with Kyurem in their control they use some special item that gives him the ability to absorb both, Reshiram and Zekrom and changing Kyurem to another form (as, if I am not mistaking Kyurem represents the Wuji, which again represtents the absence of yin and yang aswell as the ultimate nothingness). So, now you have to stop Kyurem before he turns the entire world into nothing, by absorbing everything there is. As Reshiram/Zekrom was taking from N in this process he teams up with you, and together you fight your way to some mysterious place were Kyurem awaits you.
You defeat Kyurem he changes back to normal and wanders of to an other place were you can later on catch him.

...Or something like that.

dude... youve really been thinking about this havent you. haha

redroses
18th April 2011, 11:28 PM
dude... youve really been thinking about this havent you. haha

Actually, that just now randomly popped into my head while I was writting XD

There are probably so many things wrong.

gatesy0093
18th April 2011, 11:29 PM
haha. thats brilliant, i actually love that story line. xD

manifesto
18th April 2011, 11:32 PM
Steel/normal would be a cool pokemon...wrecked by fighting but immune to both ghost and poison...yeah.

yeah i vote for the cover, it somehow gets angry and turns into an 'uber' poke because of its high HP stat, and its increased attack stat due its rage!!

Well, if that were to happen it'd be a bit farfetch'd wouldn't it? Audino if it'd ever possibly happen.

This generation has been a whole slew of firsts though, so multiple pokemon could possibly get more than one form...but I digress, I feel this is getting horribly off topic.

Does anyone have any idea what the point of the ability "Defeatist" is? How exactly does it help in any way? Archeops, while I'm still using it because it's one of my favorite pokemon ever seems completely crippled by it.

I am officially calling Audino Robot Form for the third game.

This. Officially this forever. This is getting tattooed onto me.

gatesy0093
18th April 2011, 11:40 PM
yeah i know were kinda getting way out with this audino thing. but yeah im cool with a steel/normal poke :) isnt deafetest the thing where it just lowers attack or something silly like that?

manifesto
18th April 2011, 11:42 PM
Yeah, it lowers the pokemon's stats when its HP gets orange...What would be the point of that?

gatesy0093
18th April 2011, 11:45 PM
its to show that its absolutely massive and it doesnt need all that attack... i wish :L

manifesto
18th April 2011, 11:51 PM
Archeops gets taken down to around 206 attack, absolutely useless if it survives long enough. :/

Silent Conversation
19th April 2011, 12:06 AM
Archeops gets taken down to around 206 attack, absolutely useless if it survives long enough. :/

But its so fast and so powerful it can strike first and then OHKO the opponent before it can even attack you.

manifesto
19th April 2011, 12:11 AM
This is true, very true. I've EV trained one and it's a beast, and once it gets down on HP i just use U-turn but I kind of wish it got a different ability still.

Silent Conversation
19th April 2011, 12:12 AM
This is true, very true. I've EV trained one and it's a beast, and once it gets down on HP i just use U-turn but I kind of wish it got a different ability still.

Well, obviously, who would actually want that ability? The reason that they gave it to Archeops is that it's so super powered they need something that could potentially weaken it. But get passed the (dis)ability and it's a phenomenal Pokemon, probably one of the best this gen.

R_N
19th April 2011, 12:15 AM
Honestly Archeops is so frail it probably wouldn't matter

Though just imagine if it ever got Entertainment

Silent Conversation
19th April 2011, 12:18 AM
Honestly Archeops is so frail it probably wouldn't matter

Though just imagine if it ever got Entertainment

Wow, that would be amazing! Wait until your opponent goes below 50%, use Entrainment, and it basically has no shot of defeating you.

But Archeops is beast enough as it is, so I'm not complaining.

manifesto
19th April 2011, 12:22 AM
Yeah, you guys are right. It's mostly frustrating in-game rather than the competitive environment I suppose.

Silent Conversation
19th April 2011, 12:24 AM
Yeah, you guys are right. It's mostly frustrating in-game rather than the competitive environment I suppose.

On the contrary - I don't play competitively and I found Archeops to be amazing in game. It ended off probably being the best member of my in-game team.

manifesto
19th April 2011, 12:31 AM
Well, I train until my pokemon run out of PP for moves, so it's powerful, it take things out quickly, but after a while it just loses enough health to be gimped. That's all I was sayin'. The ability, I mean, not the pokemon.

DestroyerOfWorlds
19th April 2011, 12:48 AM
Well... there are still worse abilities for Archeops. At least it's still usable and not cursed with absolute uselessness like Slaking of the Uber-level stats but absolutely crippling ability.
And Robot Audino? Something about removing the i and n....

manifesto
19th April 2011, 12:51 AM
Well... there are still worse abilities for Archeops. At least it's still usable and not cursed with absolute uselessness like Slaking of the Uber-level stats but absolutely crippling ability.

Amen to that. I was wrongfully griping, thank you all for clearing my head and changing my opinion. :)

DestroyerOfWorlds
19th April 2011, 12:54 AM
Really, Archeops has the best hindering ability to have. It's not like it was intended to ever be on the receiving end of any attack...

manifesto
19th April 2011, 1:03 AM
Fair enough, but in-game is when I find it annoying. Like those moments when a pokemon it's facing is on the brink of fainting and lands that one hit that lowers its HP right to where defeatist activates. Then BAM full restore. I hate those moments.

Savage X
19th April 2011, 1:26 AM
I realize the following questions have probably been asked a million times by now, but I have been out of the Pokémon loop for quite a while, and can't seem to find the answers by searching or Googling them, so here it goes:

Regarding Victini: How do you get one? Is it impossible to get one anymore? Is it true that you can never get the shiny version of it? Why is it numbered 000 (therefore being placed before the starters)?

Kreis
19th April 2011, 1:34 AM
I realize the following questions have probably been asked a million times by now, but I have been out of the Pokémon loop for quite a while, and can't seem to find the answers by searching or Googling them, so here it goes:

Regarding Victini: How do you get one? Is it impossible to get one anymore? Is it true that you can never get the shiny version of it? Why is it numbered 000 (therefore being placed before the starters)?

You can Victini right now over Wi-Fi by downloading the Liberty Pass via Mystery Gift. However, you better hurry, the end date is getting near. All the information has been on the main site for a while now, not sure how you missed it. Also, it's true about Victini not being able to be shiny.

Savage X
19th April 2011, 1:38 AM
I just looked harder and found that the last day to get the Liberty Pass in the United States was April 10th. Australia has until the 27th. Is it true that I can no longer get one, being in the US? I don't even have them game yet, but I'm willing to go out and pick it up right now. I'm unaware of all of this because I haven't payed any attention to the Pokémon world for a very long time. Until today, of course.

BCVM22
19th April 2011, 1:39 AM
It was extended to the 27th internationally. Fire up Mystery Gift and it'll download.

Kreis
19th April 2011, 1:40 AM
I just looked harder and found that the last day to get the Liberty Pass in the United States was April 10th. Australia has until the 27th. Is it true that I can no longer get one, being in the US? I don't even have them game yet, but I'm willing to go out and pick it up right now. I'm unaware of all of this because I haven't payed any attention to the Pokémon world for a very long time. Until today, of course.

The date was extended, so if you want to get one, now is the time to do so.

Blackjack the Titan
19th April 2011, 1:41 AM
When is the next Event?
Who could the Event be for?
And does anyone have an Event Celebii?

Savage X
19th April 2011, 1:42 AM
Oh, hell yeah! I'm literally gonna go buy the game right now in that case.
For those of you that do have Victini, is it a badass addition to your team? Especially considering you can get it right away (or pretty early)?

Blackjack the Titan
19th April 2011, 1:43 AM
Oh, hell yeah! I'm literally gonna go buy the game right now in that case.
For those of you that have it, is it a badass addition to your team? Especially considering you can get it right away (or pretty early)?

Victini has an ability that increases the accuracy of its team.

BCVM22
19th April 2011, 1:44 AM
When is the next Event?

This summer in Japan.

Who could the Event be for?

Movie 14 Victini.

And does anyone have an Event Celebii?

Bet you people down in the rig (http://www.serebiiforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=154)ht forums (http://www.serebiiforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=220) do.

gatesy0093
19th April 2011, 1:52 AM
well finding this darn tynamo is proving difficult considering ive been looking at the bottom of chargestone cave for over 2 hours and still havent found one :'(

Kreis
19th April 2011, 1:53 AM
This summer in Japan.

Movie 14 Victini.

Bet you people down in the rig (http://www.serebiiforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=154)ht forums (http://www.serebiiforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=220) do.

BCVM22, are you implying that one can find event news on Serebii's main page? (http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml)

Blackjack the Titan
19th April 2011, 2:12 AM
I'm waiting for any other events. What about the event for Keldeo, Meloetta, and Genesect?
Will they be released this year?

BCVM22
19th April 2011, 2:14 AM
BCVM22, are you implying that one can find event news on Serebii's main page? (http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml)

That's crazy talk. I would never imply that.

What about the event for Keldeo, Meloetta, and Genesect?

You mean the three event critters that don't officially exist yet?

Will they be released this year?

In all seriousness, gather what you know about this franchise and how it spreads out its event giveaways, ponder the matter and give this your best guess.

ashgirl92
19th April 2011, 3:20 AM
well finding this darn tynamo is proving difficult considering ive been looking at the bottom of chargestone cave for over 2 hours and still havent found one :'(

I think I can help you with that : ) I had the same problem.. but then I remembered Emolga. Go catch one and put it at the front of your party. It's ability Static will cause the rate for Tynamo to sky rocket. I found mine with a decent nature in 10 minutes. Hope that helps!

Dr. Leggs
19th April 2011, 3:22 AM
I hadn't seen Tornadus/Thundurus's Dream World Artwork before but it looks like they've got humanoid, five-fingered hands... For whatever reason I'd been pondering that furiously for week. .__.

XXD17
19th April 2011, 7:16 AM

Man I feel your pain...Tynamo wasn't hard to find for me but the pokemon that was was in fact scraggy at the desert resort...for some reason, the only three pokemon that keep turning up are darumaka, sandile, and sigilyph...yes, sigilyph...

Mijuwott
19th April 2011, 7:19 AM
I still think Dwebble is the hardest to find in the resort i gained a hatred for sandiles after awhile and random encounters and the use of max repels *shudder* miju :(

XXD17
19th April 2011, 7:29 AM
*Sharpens axe blade*

6. Ocean dinosaurs have absolutely nothing to do with this argument. I was simply stating that I have no legitimately T-rex looking pokemon to add to my party and ravage others with. If Tyranitar were to have been a T-rex specifically, he would have either been a fossil or a Pupitar would have evolved learning Ancientpower (Pokemon, while not being completely true to real life or science [other than type matchups which link up to psychology and biology mostly] at least has that type of consistency with the monsters Game Freak puts into the games.) Name one pokemon that's got an extinct prehistoric (meaning: before documented history) animal for its base that doesn't come to be in either of those methods (Fossil or evolving after learning Anciencpower.) Lapras doesn't count as it's based off of the Loch Ness monster, not a Plesiosaur and Doduo/Dodrio don't count because the Dodo bird was only made extinct in the 17th century. So humor me, please. Also bite me.

this isn't about the T. rex thing but you mentioned how all extinct- animal based pokemon have to come from fossils or evolve with ancientpower, but you forgot meganium, tropius, nidoqueen, nidoking, and rhydon which all have dinosaur influences and have no affiliations with fossils or ancient power...ok maybe not so much the nido's and rhydon but you can't deny that meganium and tropius look very much like sauropods...

gatesy0093
19th April 2011, 8:52 AM
I think I can help you with that : ) I had the same problem.. but then I remembered Emolga. Go catch one and put it at the front of your party. It's ability Static will cause the rate for Tynamo to sky rocket. I found mine with a decent nature in 10 minutes. Hope that helps!

ahh thank you :)

Blackjack the Titan
19th April 2011, 12:15 PM
Man I feel your pain...Tynamo wasn't hard to find for me but the pokemon that was was in fact scraggy at the desert resort...for some reason, the only three pokemon that keep turning up are darumaka, sandile, and sigilyph...yes, sigilyph...

I found those EXCEPT for Sigilyph. I don't really use it but I just wanted it to fill up my Pokédex.

Scorch5688
19th April 2011, 4:49 PM
How can you get DD, Ice Punch and Drain Punch bred onto a Scraggy? It's just through Smeargle right?

Silent Conversation
19th April 2011, 4:52 PM
I still think Dwebble is the hardest to find in the resort i gained a hatred for sandiles after awhile and random encounters and the use of max repels *shudder* miju :(

Well, if we're being really technical, Dwebble has the same percentage of appearing as Scraggy, Maractus and Sigilyph.

manifesto
19th April 2011, 7:13 PM
this isn't about the T. rex thing but you mentioned how all extinct- animal based pokemon have to come from fossils or evolve with ancientpower, but you forgot meganium, tropius, nidoqueen, nidoking, and rhydon which all have dinosaur influences and have no affiliations with fossils or ancient power...ok maybe not so much the nido's and rhydon but you can't deny that meganium and tropius look very much like sauropods...

Well sure, but at least Meganium learns ancientpower. Also, while Tropius looks like one, and may have a base in it...I think that due to its description etc. it's more like an anthropomorphic tree, at least from its descriptions. But GF most likely (and kind of obviously) used a sauropod to base the body of Tropius. So it's not a perfect theory, but at least what I said holds ground in logic, no?

SasakiThePikachu
20th April 2011, 8:37 PM
So I recently tried EV training for the first time, and let me just say WOW to a spd and atk EV-trained Cubchoo. And now he's evolved, he's sweeping everything in the game with his paws tied behind his back.

Me: Go Klaus!
Klaus: Rowr!
Opponent: *breaks down crying* DO NOT WANT!!!

I can't believe I've never EV trained before. It adds so much to your pokes with such minimal effort. As long as you have macho brace/power item and pokerus, naturally. Otherwise hell no to that sh*t.

Lubu195
20th April 2011, 8:42 PM
Im tring to figure out why people don't use slaking when he has the highest base stats of the non legendarys and is only week against fighting. Plus with Tm's he seems like he can be really good

SasakiThePikachu
20th April 2011, 8:44 PM
Im tring to figure out why people don't use slaking when he has the highest base stats of the non legendarys and is only week against fighting. Plus with Tm's he seems like he can be really good

Truant, would be my guess.

Lubu195
20th April 2011, 8:50 PM
hmm ya i guess they put that in to stop him from being super OP for being a non legendary

CaptainCombusken
20th April 2011, 8:54 PM
How can you get DD, Ice Punch and Drain Punch bred onto a Scraggy? It's just through Smeargle right?

Well, DD and Ice Punch on a Dragonite (Ice Punch from a Move Tutor in HGSS).
But if you want Drain Punch too, yeah, Smeargle.

JoshR
21st April 2011, 5:40 AM
I always wonder why I never see psudeo legendaries in random matchups... I personally use Ampharos, Vespiquen, and Vileplume a lot but that's cause I like them.

Silent Conversation
21st April 2011, 7:41 AM

He has the absolute worst ability in the entire series. People use Archeops because its (dis)ability can be avoided if you can stay above 50% HP, but there is nothing justifiable about an ability where you don't get to do anything every other turn.

SasakiThePikachu
21st April 2011, 12:19 PM
He has the absolute worst ability in the entire series. People use Archeops because its (dis)ability can be avoided if you can stay above 50% HP, but there is nothing justifiable about an ability where you don't get to do anything every other turn.

To be fair, they have brought out several ways of getting around this, such as Mummy and Worry Seed. It still takes up a turn to do this, though, and a single turn can often cost you the entire battle.

Slaking is sadly like Regigigas...unless you have a lot patience, the disadvantage outweighs the advantage.

Pokemon Trainer Blue
21st April 2011, 1:31 PM
Do any competitive players here use Pokegen? IVs are a pain, there seems to be little to sway your odds of decent ones.

XXD17
23rd April 2011, 8:05 PM
Has anyone else wondered how archeops would look like with its wings folded and its legs extended? I thought it would look like archen but there are obvious morphological differences between the two especially in the legs...I bring this up because some of the new poses for pokes are very surprising...for example, I never would have thought swoobat had such long legs just from its picture if it in flight...

Endoplasmic Reticulum
23rd April 2011, 8:12 PM
Has anyone else wondered how archeops would look like with its wings folded and its legs extended? I thought it would look like archen but there are obvious morphological differences between the two especially in the legs...I bring this up because some of the new poses for pokes are very surprising...for example, I never would have thought swoobat had such long legs just from its picture if it in flight...

Not really

10charlimit

Grey Wind
23rd April 2011, 8:20 PM
So......Gothitelle? What's it like? I haven't used one yet.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
23rd April 2011, 8:23 PM

I haven't used one either, but it seems...okay.

I hate the design though

rocky505
23rd April 2011, 10:13 PM
I hope in a future main game this gen that some of the pokemon in 5th gen with awful movesets (Snivy,Klink) get better moves by level up,Move tutor and egg moves(Snivy).

KickAsh
24th April 2011, 1:16 AM
Well, as long as you have one with its Dream World ability, Shadow Tag, you have a nice Pokemon. But without Shadow Tag, it's mediocre. Decent bulk and an admirable movepool (featuring Tickle, Fake Tears, Charm, Reflect, Light Screen, Trick Room, Magic Room, and Taunt) can't really compensate for the ugly base 65 Speed and no Wish/Recovery.
It's usable without Shadow Tag, but way better with it.

R_N
24th April 2011, 2:37 AM
It doesn't get Wish?
What

Pokemon Trainer Blue
24th April 2011, 4:48 AM
Is it just me, or is Beheeyem just a poor mans Reuniclus?

Cassiopeia
24th April 2011, 4:55 AM

Actually, Beheeyem evolves one level later...
But Reuniclus is more powerful...but only found in white (which I have :D)
So I say Beheeyem is for Pokemon Black players who don't like the Gothita line.

lucario-adict
24th April 2011, 5:02 AM

its ok i mean its not awsome but it works nice

Silent Conversation
24th April 2011, 5:37 AM

Reuniclus is definitely superior, but Gothitelle is inferior to both Reuniclus and Beheeyem. So, for Black players, Beheeyem is better than Gothitelle, which is why people go with Beheeyem.

I played Black so I used Beheeyem, but if I ever play White I'm definitely using Reuniclus over Beheeyem.

LexSuicune
24th April 2011, 10:11 PM
Actually, Beheeyem evolves one level later...
But Reuniclus is more powerful...but only found in white (which I have :D)
So I say Beheeyem is for Pokemon Black players who don't like the Gothita line.

LOL I doubt anyone actually prefers Beheeyem to a Gothitelle

BCVM22
24th April 2011, 11:09 PM

Reuniclus is definitely superior, but Gothitelle is inferior to both Reuniclus and Beheeyem. So, for Black players, Beheeyem is better than Gothitelle, which is why people go with Beheeyem.

I played Black so I used Beheeyem, but if I ever play White I'm definitely using Reuniclus over Beheeyem.

And there goes that theory. Kind of hard to make that assertion in the first place, isn't it?

KickAsh
24th April 2011, 11:33 PM
It doesn't get Wish?
What
Exactly.
Poor thing.

Well, I like Gothitelle's design a whole lot better, but Beheeyem is just a better Pokemon.

Cassiopeia
25th April 2011, 12:43 AM
My theory:
Reuniclus>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Gothitelle AND Beheeyem

KuroiMawile
25th April 2011, 1:20 AM
I love Beheeyem, it's an alien wearing a trench coat.
I love Reuniclus, it's a cellulose pokemon that looks like a fetus with rabbit ears.
I do not like Gothitelle, because just on looks alone, it just doesn't appeal to me. Though I do like it's 2nd stage a little.

Speaking of, a 2nd stage I can't get over is Zweilous. I don't know, I just can't find much not to like about it: it's got 2 heads, it fights itself, has that 'haircut', and it has a unique typing.

Nobody's Nerd
25th April 2011, 4:12 AM

I've used both Reuniclus and Beheeyem, and I honestly loved them both. Beheeyem doesn't take hits quite as well but he's just about as powerful and I really have no complaints. Competitively, I would choose Reuniclus over Beheeyem any day, but I love both designs and Beheeyem is still great in-game.

Cassiopeia
25th April 2011, 4:23 AM
I love Beheeyem, it's an alien wearing a trench coat.
I can imagine it now...
Beheeyem: *knocks on door of UFO believer*
UFO believer: I thought it was the man in black, not the alien in brown!?!?!?!
Beheeyem: *facepalm* abducts UFO believer
I still think Reuniclus>Beheeyem but now the statement is: Reuniclus>Beheeyem=Sigilyph>Gothitelle

Ballistixz
25th April 2011, 4:43 AM
i realy like gothoritas looks, but her 3rd evolution ruins it harshly. its like how lilipup evolves into that fat monstrousity.

i really wish the goth line didnt suffer from such mediocre stats tho and id use it more.

also whats a good move set for haxorus? i know things like dragon claw and giga impact is a given, but what about sword dance vs dragon dance? would it be better to get dragon dance for the +1 atk and +1 speed or sword dance for the +2 atk? and would dragon tail be a good move to put on him? its essentially a roar that does dmg in the proccess which i think would be nice on hax.

Sabonea_Masukippa
25th April 2011, 4:53 AM
Aw, Stoutland still cool. Wait until it appears in the anime, everyone will want to use it as a footstool.

Gothitelle is ... well, I don't dislike it. She's got a cool design. I predict either Gothitelle or Leavanny will get male gender specific evos next gen though.

Cassiopeia
25th April 2011, 5:28 AM
also whats a good move set for haxorus? i know things like dragon claw and giga impact is a given, but what about sword dance vs dragon dance? would it be better to get dragon dance for the +1 atk and +1 speed or sword dance for the +2 atk? and would dragon tail be a good move to put on him? its essentially a roar that does dmg in the proccess which i think would be nice on hax.

Dragon dance if you have a bad speed-reducing nature, swords dance if you have something like a jolly nature (yay for me :D)
Dragon Tail has low priority (destroying the purpose of Dragon dance) so i dont reccommend it.

Silent Conversation
25th April 2011, 6:07 AM
Gothitelle is ... well, I don't dislike it. She's got a cool design. I predict either Gothitelle or Leavanny will get male gender specific evos next gen though.

I doubt Gothitelle will, because it and Reuniclus are counterparts. Giving Gothitelle a gender alternate evo means Reuniclus would have to get one too, and I don't see a giant, green blob becoming something different based on its gender.

I can sort of imagine Leavanny, though. But what to call it...? Anybody up for a Pokemon named Leavandrew?

Sabonea_Masukippa
25th April 2011, 6:19 AM
I doubt Gothitelle will, because it and Reuniclus are counterparts. Giving Gothitelle a gender alternate evo means Reuniclus would have to get one too, and I don't see a giant, green blob becoming something different based on its gender.

Weepinbell, Banette and Jynx would all seemingly prove this to be irrelevant.

Shine
25th April 2011, 9:44 AM

Giga Impact is a very bad move. Especially when it is on a frail Pokemon like Haxorus. Even Return in 2 turns deals a lot more damage than Giga Impact in 2 turns. Assuming max Happiness, Return has 102 base power.

Giga Impact : 150 + 0 (charging) = 150
Return : 102 + 102 = 204

Haxorus
Adamant Nature
~Dragon Dance
~Dragon Claw
~Rock Slide
~Earthquake

that is the common set. DD lets you outspeed things out, DC for STAB, RS+EQ for coverage.
You don't really need Outrage, the confusion is very crippling, especially if Hax hits itself after a few DD. With the comparison between its monstrous Attack and its okay Defense, one hit may be enough to defeat itself.
And spending 1 turn to heal confusion is not really advisable, as it means the foe gets a free hit. Make it hold a berry works......until you run out of it.
Outrage is used only on a Choice set, which means no DD and often switching, so the confusion doesn't matter.

On the topic of Gothitelle......design wise, I prefer Gardevoir, really :|

PokemonOwn
25th April 2011, 10:23 AM
On the topic of Psychic Types, what's better, Sigilyph, or Musharna?

Sigilyph is better, as I have used it in my playthrough, and Air Slash/Psychic/Fly/Shadow Ball is great in-game. In competitive, it can set up Dual Screens and can use Air Slash/Psychic to deal some decent damage.

Grey Wind
25th April 2011, 12:55 PM
I never really liked either Sigilyph or Musharna.

On the topic of evolutions, who (from this Gen) do you think will/should get evos next Gen?

Ballistixz
25th April 2011, 2:41 PM
I never really liked either Sigilyph or Musharna.

On the topic of evolutions, who (from this Gen) do you think will/should get evos next Gen?

Audino without a doubt. thats a pokemon that seems to be in chanseys/blisseys shadow and as a result its virtually useless. it should get a evolution or 2 that boosts its bulk so it can be a nice support type pokemon. also has anyone seen its dream world ability? that pokemon needs some love.

Silent Conversation
25th April 2011, 4:49 PM
On the topic of evolutions in 6th gen, does anybody think that it may be good that next gen it will be "discovered" that Pokemon from different regions are related, and make them an evolution chain? Take Alomomola and Bouffalant for example. They are clearly evolutions of Luvdisc and Tauros, but they aren't part of the same evolutionary family because in this gen, they wanted to start from scratch and not include any Pokemon from previous gens in the main game. But, if they decide not to do that in the 6th gen, they can start relating some of the Unova pokemon to some of the previous ones. This would relieve people's desires for evolutions of past Pokemon, and be a whole new concept - Pokemon who weren't from the same family in one gen, but are in another.

Obviously this is never going to happen, but does anybody think this would be an interesting concept?

CaptainCombusken
25th April 2011, 4:50 PM
Evolutions I want: I would definitely think that Swoobat will get an evolutions, like holding a new item whilst trading (the "Love heart" or something), so basically like a Crobat evolution. This evolution will get a slightly wider moveset. I really like Swoobat's design, but it's not that strong.

I also think Audino is definitely going to get one. I hope Basculin gets one too, like that changed in terms of stats based on stripe colour. So, the Red stripe gets great attack, the Blue stripe gets great special attack. or something like that.

Stunfisk as well. needs an evo to make him an epic beast.

And about the whole psychic thing, Beheeyem, as mentioned before, if a Pokemon designed for Double and Triple battledress. Its attacks, its abilities, suggest this.
I prefer Reuniclus' design out of the two (ignoring Gothithelle completely, hate it).

Different thing now. So I was trying to capture kyurem yesterday. I had it down to 1 or 2 HP, can't be totally sure, it was paralysed, and I was using Dusk Balls (it was in a cave and at night). Yet it still took at least three or four attempts to capture it from there, and I'd already wasted about 10 dusk balls before that when it was at about 30HP. Why was it so difficult?

@Sinnoh Champion- Nice ide,a but not going to happen unfortunately. I'd like it if it did... but it won't.

And now you've mentioned it, there are a few Pokemon from previous gen I'd like with evolutions, like a Fire/Electric evo for Pachirisu (So so so want this), a Minun evo with the ability "Divide" and a Plusle evo with the ability "Multiply" which boost the Pokemon's Special attack and Speed and the Pokemon's Attack and Speed respectively when in battle with a Pokemon with the opposite ability.

Emolga also needs one. I can't believe I forgot this...

And there are others, like Chatot, Tropius (both a prevo and evo, the prevo is juts Grass and the evo is Grass/Dragon) that I would like a lot.

Oh, and Flying, Ghost and Rock/Dragon Eeveelutions.

ForeverFlame
25th April 2011, 4:52 PM
Take Alomomola and Bouffalant for example. They are clearly evolutions of Luvdisc and Tauros

Have you paid attention to this generation at all? The point was to introduce brand-new Pokemon that filled the roles of previous Pokemon. Just because they're similar doesn't mean that they're related.

Silent Conversation
25th April 2011, 4:54 PM
Different thing now. So I was trying to capture kyurem yesterday. I had it down to 1 or 2 HP, can't be totally sure, it was paralysed, and I was using Dusk Balls (it was in a cave and at night). Yet it still took at least three or four attempts to capture it from there, and I'd already wasted about 10 dusk balls before that when it was at about 30HP.

Ya, Kyurem is definitely a huge b*tch when it comes to capturing. I was in a similar situation as you - using Dusk Balls, it was paralyzed, and probably at about 5 or so HP. And yet, it still took me 10-15 of my Dusk Balls! For some reason, that Pokemon does not like being caught, even though its catch rate is the same as a Pokemon like Victini's, who I managed to catch with no status affect and with a NET BALL.

Have you paid attention to this generation at all? The point was to introduce brand-new Pokemon that filled the roles of previous Pokemon. Just because they're similar doesn't mean that they're related.

Did you even read my full post? I said I understood that was the point of 5th gen, but that may not be the point of the 6th gen. If it's not, then they could make the Pokemon that are "similar" become related.

Hey, it's just an idea. I know it's never going to happen, but it could work considering a lot of people complained about how some Pokemon were just total copies of others.

KickAsh
25th April 2011, 9:15 PM
It would be pretty great if Swoobat got an evolution. I don't care how--trade it, high friendship, Dusk Stone--but it sorely needs an evolution. Aside from that, I'd like Basculin and Galvantula to get evos. But seriously--Swoobat.

Slowemperor
25th April 2011, 9:52 PM
I've been lvling pokés to 50 to make a Subway army. Some have surprised me:
Mienshao (leads my single team and either destroys or U-turns to something fitter), Jellicent (so awsome), Ferrothorn (an authentic beast), Chandelure (with Calm Mind+Energy Ball/Flamethrower/Shadow Ball kills anything), Crustle (I really wasn't expecting this, but Stab in X-Scizor/Rock Slide gets bombastic with Shell Smash). Some I know they are good but I haven't come up with a good set for them yet: Vaniluxe, Eelektross, Haxorus/Druddigon (I don't want both with DClaw+EarthSlide), Golurk, Beeheyem, Bisharp. Cryogonal turned out to suck, really.

On the matter of evos: Cryogonal needs one, really, its design has potential but it is so frail. Audino, well, I really don't care for it except for exp pińata. Sigilyph may hold something but it won't matter as much as Swoobat for whom what I said for Cryogonal also applies. Druddigon can unveil a nice pre-evo and evo (maybe the first cross-gen-evo-pseudo legendary!). Basculin could also use some spice, it is so bland. Alomomola, Durant, Boufallant and Boufallant are nice as they are. Oh! I forgot about Maractus, good Universe, that thing desesperatly needs something. Stunfisk shouldn't, it's part of the magic.

And for those saying that there is no interesting branch-evo on the Reuniclus imagine if the bubble burst!
And what about an alternative evolution for Klang: a watch pokémon!
Liepard could get a top, but it's not enough important.

yeminied
25th April 2011, 11:28 PM
Ya, Kyurem is definitely a huge b*tch when it comes to capturing. I was in a similar situation as you - using Dusk Balls, it was paralyzed, and probably at about 5 or so HP. And yet, it still took me 10-15 of my Dusk Balls! For some reason, that Pokemon does not like being caught, even though its catch rate is the same as a Pokemon like Victini's, who I managed to catch with no status affect and with a NET BALL.

It's not that you were really unlucky when catching Kyurem, you were really lucky catching Victini.

It's all probability.

Cassiopeia
25th April 2011, 11:57 PM
On the topic of Psychic Types, what's better, Sigilyph, or Musharna?

Sigilyph is better, as I have used it in my playthrough, and Air Slash/Psychic/Fly/Shadow Ball is great in-game. In competitive, it can set up Dual Screens and can use Air Slash/Psychic to deal some decent damage.

What THATS MY SET!!!! YOU REVEALED MY SECRET!!!! jk
I really dont like musharna, its even slower than Reuniclus -.- And I dont really like defensive pokemon

Cassiopeia
26th April 2011, 12:00 AM
Audino neeeeds an evolution so it can actually be usable (besides for hunting, of course :D)
*tosses hunters license out the window*

hydregion teh beast
26th April 2011, 12:06 AM
i caught kyurem in a pokeball and i think you can go to sinnoh because of that plane lady

Lorde
26th April 2011, 12:08 AM
It would be pretty great if Swoobat got an evolution. I don't care how--trade it, high friendship, Dusk Stone--but it sorely needs an evolution. Aside from that, I'd like Basculin and Galvantula to get evos. But seriously--Swoobat.

Basculin is already hellish enough, don't you think? I swear, I can't even Surf without encountering a ton of those things. And I do use Repels when I Surf, but the moment their effect expires, I get swarmed by a ton of Basculin. It's really pretty aggravating. I can just imagine how much worse things would get if Basculin had a relative. They might not be encountered in the wild, but they'd be terrible in a trainer battle.

Oshakpop
26th April 2011, 12:13 AM
I'm kind of in a dilema. Haxorus, Druddigon or Hydreigon?

On the topic of evo's:
I'd like Audino to get a pre-evo, Maractus too. Audino because it is really useless imo. It's the Chansey of this gen.. so I expect something for it. Although I beleive that next gen we will get a batch of Gen III pre-evos/evo's

Cassiopeia
26th April 2011, 12:32 AM
i caught kyurem in a pokeball and i think you can go to sinnoh because of that plane lady
No, the "plane lady" (Skyla) only pilots cargo planes. Good luck stowing away :)

On the topic of evo's:
I'd like Audino to get a pre-evo, Maractus too. Audino because it is really useless imo. It's the Chansey of this gen.. so I expect something for it. Although I beleive that next gen we will get a batch of Gen III pre-evos/evo's

Druddigon is the worst. Hydreigon if you are willing to level up Zweilous to lvl 64(!!!!!). Haxorus is pretty good two, I used to have one before i got my hydreigon :D

Tyrannotaur
26th April 2011, 12:33 AM
On the topic of evolutions in 6th gen, does anybody think that it may be good that next gen it will be "discovered" that Pokemon from different regions are related, and make them an evolution chain? Take Alomomola and Bouffalant for example. They are clearly evolutions of Luvdisc and Tauros, but they aren't part of the same evolutionary family because in this gen, they wanted to start from scratch and not include any Pokemon from previous gens in the main game. But, if they decide not to do that in the 6th gen, they can start relating some of the Unova pokemon to some of the previous ones. This would relieve people's desires for evolutions of past Pokemon, and be a whole new concept - Pokemon who weren't from the same family in one gen, but are in another.

Obviously this is never going to happen, but does anybody think this would be an interesting concept?

That's well and good for Alomomola, but Boufallant is a Buffalo and Tauros is a bull. Also Boufallant can be male or female, while Tauros is only male. I think in Tauros and Boufallant's case its similar to Krabby and Corphish. Similar animal its based off of but not related to each other. Luvdisc and Alomomola are both based off similar fish so it could work. Unlikely, but not impossible.

Depends. Haxorus is great for attack power, but that all her is really, Druddigon is decent but slow, and Hydriegon is good in both attack stats but takes a while to reach its full potential.

As for evolutions, Swoobat, Audino, Liepard, Maractus, and Beheeyem. would be my guess. Sigilyph, Druddigon and Alomomola could possibly get a pre-evo too.
-;248;

Zhanton
26th April 2011, 2:37 AM

That's a simply marvellous idea.

Woobat ---Max Friendship--> Swoobat --Max Friendship--> Swoobat2.0

That will definitely happen.

/sarcasm

MetalFlygon08
26th April 2011, 3:35 AM
IDK why people think Tauros should evolve into Bouffolant.

Ones A Cow

Ones A Buffalo

It's like saying Rapidash should evolve into Zebstrika

Ones a Unicorn/Horse

Ones a Zebra.

Larry
26th April 2011, 3:36 AM

Ones A Cow

Ones A Buffalo

Ones a Unicorn/Horse

Ones a Zebra.

Why does Magikarp evolve into Gyrados.

Why does Dragonaire evolve into Dragonite?

MetalFlygon08
26th April 2011, 3:46 AM
Magikarp has that legend with the carps becoming dragons after jumping the falls.

Dratini, Bidoof, and Clampearl the only evolution lines I don't know why it becomes what it becomes.

Every other one makes sense and very few change the species, and there's usually a legend or theme involved in it (like remoraid and octillary showing the evolution from handguns to tanks).

DBK
26th April 2011, 3:51 AM
Why does Magikarp evolve into Gyrados.

Why does Dragonaire evolve into Dragonite?

Why does a Terrier evolve into a Shih Tzu?

Seriously, why? O.O

Ememew
26th April 2011, 3:54 AM

Ones A Cow

Ones A Buffalo

Ones a Unicorn/Horse

Ones a Zebra.

Bull, not cow. Both are cattle, but cows are female and bulls are male. Anyway, I get what you're saying. Tauros/Bouffalant are not the first time unrelated Pokemon have looked similar. Nidoking/queen and Rhydon come to mind, as do Syther and Kabutops to a lesser degree.

People aren't crying out for Tympole to be related to Poliwag, and they share the exact same niche.

Plus Tauros are male only, Bouffalant are evenly split between male and female. Doesn't sound like the same evolutionary line to me. Pokemon can lose a gender upon evolving (Combee can be m/f, but only females can evolve; Dawn Stone evolvers). So unless the female Bouffalant all evolved from Miltank, then they're cousins at best, not directly in the same evolutionary family.

I apologize for any misspellings of Bouffalant's name which may have occurred.

Zhanton
26th April 2011, 3:57 AM
Dratini, Bidoof, and Clampearl the only evolution lines I don't know why it becomes what it becomes.

Bidoof and Bibarel are both beavers, it's just that Bibarel is bipedal and pretty much purely a beaver whereas Bidoof appears to have some gopher mixed in.

Cassiopeia
26th April 2011, 4:01 AM
Why does a Terrier evolve into a Shih Tzu?

Seriously, why? O.O
Because Game Freak says so O.O
I really do not know....

MetalFlygon08
26th April 2011, 4:06 AM
Bidoof and Bibarel are both beavers, it's just that Bibarel is bipedal and pretty much purely a beaver whereas Bidoof appears to have some gopher mixed in.

Huh, I allways saw the doof as a Hamster thing.

And you have to be careful saying it's a bull, Bull is just the name for the Male gender of several species (mostly hoved animals like cows, but also Moose, Bison, and similar animals) Tauros is a wild Cow, wich is male, so it's a Cow, but a Bull cow at the time.

Ememew
26th April 2011, 4:17 AM
No, cow refers to the females of the species the males are called bulls in, so there are cow bison, moose, etc. Tauros is a bull cattle, not a bull cow.

DBK
26th April 2011, 4:27 AM
Because Game Freak says so O.O
I really do not know....

The people at Game Freak are weird...... -_-

Silent Conversation
26th April 2011, 6:16 AM
That's well and good for Alomomola, but Boufallant is a Buffalo and Tauros is a bull. Also Boufallant can be male or female, while Tauros is only male. I think in Tauros and Boufallant's case its similar to Krabby and Corphish. Similar animal its based off of but not related to each other. Luvdisc and Alomomola are both based off similar fish so it could work. Unlikely, but not impossible.

That makes sense. A better example would probably be Emolga. A squirrel that evolves into a flying squirrel? Sounds exactly like an evolution line to me.

Chairman
26th April 2011, 6:26 AM

Ones A Cow

Ones A Buffalo

Ones a Unicorn/Horse

Ones a Zebra.

Exactly!

Just because two pokemon look remotely similar doesn't mean they have to be related. And besides, if 6th gen were to have evolutions I think they would have pre or post evos, not connecting two different species. They only did that with the hitmons with tyrouge(sp?) but that was extremely obvious and they were from the same region, I dont see a new pokemon with relations in two different regions where those pokemon are native too, because that baby or post evo has nowhere to go except in another gen.

Ballistixz
26th April 2011, 6:58 AM

druddigon is bad compared to hax and hydrei. so just skip him altogether.

hax is very good. he has INSANELY high atk power with decent speed to back it up. his defense aint bad either. the only thing he is really lacking is HP which isnt all that bad but at the same time its not good either.

hydreigon has more HP and is good in both atk and special atk. both of its defenses are good to. so really it just boils down to w/e ur tastes are cuz both haxorus and hydreigon are insanely good.

but i think its important to note that haxorus only has 2 major type weaknesses which is ice and dragon. hydregon has 4 major type weaknesses which are fighting, ice, dragon and bug. everything else tho he resists fairly well.

Dracoste
26th April 2011, 6:52 PM
Different thing now. So I was trying to capture kyurem yesterday. I had it down to 1 or 2 HP, can't be totally sure, it was paralysed, and I was using Dusk Balls (it was in a cave and at night). Yet it still took at least three or four attempts to capture it from there, and I'd already wasted about 10 dusk balls before that when it was at about 30HP. Why was it so difficult?

I didn't find Kyurem hard, in fact, it was the easiest to catch for me, I caught in a Premier ball because of the Legendary Premier ball challenge I did, and it only had 1 HP, and not even a status condition.

I think I just got lucky with him.

Silent Conversation
26th April 2011, 6:58 PM
I think I just got lucky with him.

You definitely did. Maybe with Reshiram/Zekrom that could usually happen (they have a catch rate of 45), but with Kyurem's catch rate of 3, that was ridiculous.

Ememew
26th April 2011, 9:58 PM
Not sure where this observation should go, but since there's been capturing discussion here, I guess here's good. If you're having trouble catching something, try bringing along a Pokemon with Soak and a lot of Net Balls. Soak changes the target into a Water-type, so through this strategy, the Net Ball can become as effective as a Dusk Ball at night against any target.

EDIT: Plus, it removes the Ghost-type of any Ghosts you may want to False Swipe.

Silent Conversation
27th April 2011, 12:42 AM
Personally, I think it's just much easier to set your DS clock to nighttime and then use Dusk Balls. But I guess if you don't want to change your time (apparently it screws up Black City/White Forest) then that would be good. Just seams like more effort to find a Pokemon with that ability.

Ememew
27th April 2011, 12:50 AM
That's true. Mainly, it's a strategy for if you get sick of throwing Dusk Balls/don't want to wait until Night, or can be used in conjunction with Dusk Balls at night in case you run out of one Ball or the other. Learned by Alomomola and Basculin in the low 30s.

Plus, it makes it so most targets lose their STAB against you to help your team hold on longer while throwing Dusk/Net Balls in case it wakes up early.

MetalFlygon08
27th April 2011, 4:37 AM
And allows you to Burn once Fire types, and such too, It's got it's uses, and I did it for Kyurem, it's glaciate didn't hurt as much anymore.

Ballistixz
27th April 2011, 4:43 AM
Personally, I think it's just much easier to set your DS clock to nighttime and then use Dusk Balls. But I guess if you don't want to change your time (apparently it screws up Black City/White Forest) then that would be good. Just seams like more effort to find a Pokemon with that ability.

it also messes up dream world because u have to wait 24 hours to get back in dream world even if u never went in that day.

also isnt kyurem caught in a cave? so i think duskballs will work regardless since he is in a cave.

Silent Conversation
27th April 2011, 5:03 AM
also isnt kyurem caught in a cave? so i think duskballs will work regardless since he is in a cave.

I wasn't talking about Kyurem, I was just talking generally, because that's what the poster I replied to was talking about.

darkrai-girl2
27th April 2011, 3:40 PM
is it really as cool as people say...iv seen some battles on youtube and the pokemon move in battle which is so cool. the only slightly annoying thing i find about it is your pokemon that moves in battle,the pixles are slighty big. but other than this i carn't wait to get white for my birthday.....!

Silent Conversation
27th April 2011, 3:51 PM
When it comes to the actual battles, I think the best part is how much faster they go. The animations are faster, the attacking is faster, even the HP bar goes down quicker! After playing Black and then going back to Platinum to do my Scramble Challenge, I was amazed by how much slower it was compared to Black.

Cassiopeia
27th April 2011, 4:08 PM
When it comes to the actual battles, I think the best part is how much faster they go. The animations are faster, the attacking is faster, even the HP bar goes down quicker! After playing Black and then going back to Platinum to do my Scramble Challenge, I was amazed by how much slower it was compared to Black.

I agree, it is sped up in a good way.

travis90x
27th April 2011, 6:01 PM
I love all of the new Pokemon. They are so cool. They all are awesome and and creative. They all are cool ideas and they also all really look cool!

Exodd
27th April 2011, 6:04 PM
The Pokemon seem to evolve faster in Black/White than previous games. Maybe that's just because of the pace of the story. Pignite's cry sounds a bit nasty.

Is Pansage better with special attacks than with physical ones? The Pansage I got seems to not do very well in battle without type advantage.

Silent Conversation
27th April 2011, 6:08 PM
About the evolution thing, that's kind of weird. They've made it so a lot of Pokemon evolve at a very high level (Larvesta is the record, evolving into Volcarona at Level 64). But, on the other hand, EXP is very easy to get in this time - especially with Lucky Egg - so you gain levels quickly. So Pokemon that still have "normal" evolution levels (like the starters) will evolve faster than in older games.

Also, I would go with a physical Pansage, mostly because you can get Seed Bomb, which is a pretty good STAB move, from a fairly low level. The special alternative to it is Energy Ball, a TM you only get in Eastern Unova, which is post-E4.

MetalFlygon08
27th April 2011, 6:15 PM
most levels for evolution are based on where you can catch the pokemon.

Crimson_Blazer
27th April 2011, 7:39 PM
About the evolution thing, that's kind of weird. They've made it so a lot of Pokemon evolve at a very high level (Larvesta is the record, evolving into Volcarona at Level 64). But, on the other hand, EXP is very easy to get in this time - especially with Lucky Egg - so you gain levels quickly. So Pokemon that still have "normal" evolution levels (like the starters) will evolve faster than in older games.

Also, I would go with a physical Pansage, mostly because you can get Seed Bomb, which is a pretty good STAB move, from a fairly low level. The special alternative to it is Energy Ball, a TM you only get in Eastern Unova, which is post-E4.
Larvesta evolves at 59, it's zweilous that evolves at 64, both of which are still stupidly high IMO

Endoplasmic Reticulum
27th April 2011, 7:57 PM
Larvesta evolves at 59, it's zweilous that evolves at 64, both of which are still stupidly high IMO
It is, but Volcarona and Hydreigon are ridiculously overpowered, so they make you work for it

The Eleventh
27th April 2011, 8:03 PM
But the new experience gain system makes it very easy to evolve Pokémon. If you battle all of the trainers in both Nimbasa domes, you can jump from Level 1 to Level 45 in one day.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
27th April 2011, 8:21 PM
But the new experience gain system makes it very easy to evolve Pokémon. If you battle all of the trainers in both Nimbasa domes, you can jump from Level 1 to Level 45 in one day.
Don't forget about the Lucky Egg and Audino grinding

Pseudo-Unlegendary
27th April 2011, 9:13 PM

I personally go mixed, and give my simisage seed bomb and Grass Knot since he can do both and doesn't have very many other coverage options.

CaptainCombusken
27th April 2011, 10:46 PM
I was Training my Pokeshifted Ampharos for my main post post game team (so after the Elite four rematch now I've finished my scramble challenge). Audino in Giant Chasm is best, but anything in Dark Grass is just as good. Give it a Lucky egg. Traded exp bonus + Lucky egg= scales up levels at the rate of minimum one level per battle. Lovely.

EDIT: @ Speed Suicune- God, spooky signature. Especially seeing as I know what it is about :)

Silent Conversation
28th April 2011, 4:19 AM
I personally go mixed, and give my simisage seed bomb and Grass Knot since he can do both and doesn't have very many other coverage options.

I wouldn't go with Grass Knot, it's far too unreliable. In fact, there's no point even having two grass moves, they cancel each other out when your move set could be a lot more diverse.

Chairman
28th April 2011, 8:07 AM
I was Training my Pokeshifted Ampharos for my main post post game team (so after the Elite four rematch now I've finished my scramble challenge). Audino in Giant Chasm is best, but anything in Dark Grass is just as good. Give it a Lucky egg. Traded exp bonus + Lucky egg= scales up levels at the rate of minimum one level per battle. Lovely.

EDIT: @ Speed Suicune- God, spooky signature. Especially seeing as I know what it is about :)

I actually find the long grass near the village bridge to be better, put its just preference

Silent Conversation
28th April 2011, 1:47 PM
Anything from Route 11 onwards has Audinos that are Level 47-50, so there's not really a particular place that's better than the rest.

Ausgirl
28th April 2011, 1:58 PM
I find this article really interesting:

http://www.pokemonaus.com/?p=3280

Why do you think that Reshiram is more popular in Japan than in other countries like America and Australia? I personally prefer Reshiram cos I think the idea of a white dragon is cool and I like how elegant it looks.

manifesto
28th April 2011, 9:41 PM
I actually find the long grass near the village bridge to be better, put its just preference

I think that'd depend on what you're training on and type-advantages.

Speaking of type advantages...EV training a larvesta and a Vanillish was a horror show since the best pokemon to train on is a fire type -____-

Endoplasmic Reticulum
28th April 2011, 9:43 PM
Anything from Route 11 onwards has Audinos that are Level 47-50, so there's not really a particular place that's better than the rest.

On the contrary, Giant Chasm has 50-55

Silent Conversation
29th April 2011, 12:05 AM
On the contrary, Giant Chasm has 50-55

Really? (*goes to check*) Huh, what do you know, it does. Wow, that would have made E4 rematch training quite a bit easier. I guess Giant Chasm is the best place for Audino grinding.

Cassiopeia
29th April 2011, 12:17 AM
Really? (*goes to check*) Huh, what do you know, it does. Wow, that would have made E4 rematch training quite a bit easier. I guess Giant Chasm is the best place for Audino grinding.

But whatever you do, DO NOT GO INTO THE AREA WITH THE TINY POND!!!! Then Kyurem fills the whole damn place with snow and then bye bye level 55 Audinos.....until you kill/catch the lvl 75 beast...
I made that mistake...now I cant get a Jolly Ditto until I catch the ice dragon thingie :(

Silent Conversation
29th April 2011, 12:27 AM
But whatever you do, DO NOT GO INTO THE AREA WITH THE TINY POND!!!! Then Kyurem fills the whole damn place with snow and then bye bye level 55 Audinos.....until you kill/catch the lvl 75 beast...
I made that mistake...now I cant get a Jolly Ditto until I catch the ice dragon thingie :(

I've already caught Kyurem, as I don't need Audinos anymore. I've already beaten the E4 rematch teams with both my Black team and my Poketransfered SS team.

Sert908
29th April 2011, 12:35 AM
I still don't get Audino grinding, how long does it take to find one?

manifesto
29th April 2011, 12:41 AM
It probably works in that you are focusing on Audino (for massive XP) but still training on other pokemon.

Silent Conversation
29th April 2011, 2:32 AM
I still don't get Audino grinding, how long does it take to find one?

Just go find grass where your Pokemon's level is higher than the wild Pokemon level. Put on a repel, and just run through the grass. Rustling grass isn't affected by a repel, so you'll only find Pokemon that are in rustling grass while using the repel. In most routes, Audino has a 85-90% of being in rustling grass, so nearly every time you see rustling grass, it'll be an Audino. They give a huge amount of EXP (more than some trainer Pokemon of the same level) so it makes levelling up easy and fairly quick.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
29th April 2011, 2:35 AM
Just go find grass where your Pokemon's level is higher than the wild Pokemon level. Put on a repel, and just run through the grass. Rustling grass isn't affected by a repel, so you'll only find Pokemon that are in rustling grass while using the repel. In most routes, Audino has a 85-90% of being in rustling grass, so nearly every time you see rustling grass, it'll be an Audino. They give a huge amount of EXP (more than some trainer Pokemon of the same level) so it makes levelling up easy and fairly quick.
You don't need to run in the grass, you can just run out of the grass near it. It saves repels. That's why I don't actually recommend going to Giant Chasm, they're only five levels higher and there's like no place to run outside of the grass. Plus it's easier to hear the rustling grass if your outside the grass, because when you run through it it makes the same noise.

Silent Conversation
29th April 2011, 2:41 AM
You don't need to run in the grass, you can just run out of the grass near it. It saves repels. That's why I don't actually recommend going to Giant Chasm, they're only five levels higher and there's like no place to run outside of the grass. Plus it's easier to hear the rustling grass if your outside the grass, because when you run through it it makes the same noise.

Yeah, that's true, but you also have to keep in mind that if you don't put on a Repel and see rustling grass at the back of the grass patch, you can walk into the patch, encounter a wild Pokemon before you get to the rustle, and then the rustle disappears.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
29th April 2011, 2:43 AM
Yeah, that's true, but you also have to keep in mind that if you don't put on a Repel and see rustling grass at the back of the grass patch, you can walk into the patch, encounter a wild Pokemon before you get to the rustle, and then the rustle disappears.

I took that into account, so that's why I only went to patches that had only two long rows of grass patches, or it is accessible from either side. And if I was unsure I was going to make it, THEN I'd put on the repel.

I just don't recommended you run through the grass because you may confuse the two sounds

Silent Conversation
29th April 2011, 2:45 AM
I just don't recommended you run through the grass because you may confuse the two sounds

I don't even use the sounds to find a rustling patch, I just look to see if anything's shaking. And wasting Repels doesn't really bother me, because after the Abyssal Ruins I have more money than I'll ever need.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
29th April 2011, 2:54 AM
I don't even use the sounds to find a rustling patch, I just look to see if anything's shaking. And wasting Repels doesn't really bother me, because after the Abyssal Ruins I have more money than I'll ever need.

Well I spent all my money on revival herbs. But hearing the shaking is incredibly helpful if the rustling patch is off your screen. You can't see all the patches that are rustling

TsukiMirage
29th April 2011, 7:50 AM
I have never had any trouble getting to Audino without using Repels. Normally I can get to the shaking grass before any other pokemon pops up.

Silent Conversation
29th April 2011, 1:49 PM
I have never had any trouble getting to Audino without using Repels. Normally I can get to the shaking grass before any other pokemon pops up.

It's the total opposite for me. When I don't use Repels and see a grass patch I think I can get to, I always walk towards it, and as I step in the regular grass, a wild encounter happens.

the_green_thunder
29th April 2011, 4:05 PM
I always go back and forth out of the grass and wait for a shaking bush, then use the Repel. Only recently my brother told me that you don't even have to move around at all.

But aside from that, I have a question, and someone please redirect me to the right thread if this is the wrong place to ask it. I have a standard Starmie on my team, you know, the usual 172 HP /216 Spd / 120Sp Atk with Surf, Recover, Rapid Spin, and Ice Beam. But I was wondering, should I swap Surf for Scald? I know it does a little bit less than Surf, but I like the added chance of a burn. What should I do?

watermelon_1234
29th April 2011, 4:18 PM
When I completely left Giant Chasm after activating that and reentered the area, the snow disappeared and I could resume killing Audinos.

The Eleventh
29th April 2011, 8:33 PM
I always go back and forth out of the grass and wait for a shaking bush, then use the Repel. Only recently my brother told me that you don't even have to move around at all.

But aside from that, I have a question, and someone please redirect me to the right thread if this is the wrong place to ask it. I have a standard Starmie on my team, you know, the usual 172 HP /216 Spd / 120Sp Atk with Surf, Recover, Rapid Spin, and Ice Beam. But I was wondering, should I swap Surf for Scald? I know it does a little bit less than Surf, but I like the added chance of a burn. What should I do?
I thought you did have to move to cause patches of grass to shake. I just cycle outside the grass, and listen for the shuffling noise.

Oh, and I'd keep Surf on Starmie. Scald is more useful on walls, stallers and Pokémon that can use Hex, etc. You should ask here (http://www.serebiiforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=206) or here (http://www.serebiiforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=212) to be certain.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
29th April 2011, 9:10 PM
I thought you did have to move to cause patches of grass to shake. I just cycle outside the grass, and listen for the shuffling noise.

Oh, and I'd keep Surf on Starmie. Scald is more useful on walls, stallers and Pokémon that can use Hex, etc. You should ask here (http://www.serebiiforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=206) or here (http://www.serebiiforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=212) to be certain.
Yeah I also thought you have to move around. That would be a lot easier if I didn't...

Silent Conversation
29th April 2011, 9:51 PM

A 10% chance of burn isn't really worth it. Surf has 95 base power, and add STAB into that and it does considerably more than Scald. I would go with Surf.

R_N
29th April 2011, 10:01 PM
A 10% chance of burn isn't really worth it. Surf has 95 base power, and add STAB into that and it does considerably more than Scald. I would go with Surf.

It's a 30% burn chance

edit: Scald is generally just used on bulky waters/walls

Silent Conversation
29th April 2011, 10:13 PM
It's a 30% burn chance

Either way, I still don't think it's worth it. Just put a fire type Pokemon on your team, give it a fire move that can burn, so you can keep Surf and still get that burn chance somewhere else on your team.

R_N
29th April 2011, 10:18 PM
The burn chance is worth it, far more than a fire move that only has 10%
It's a completely worhtwhile move on bulkywaters; otherwise you are right, just use Surf.

Silent Conversation
29th April 2011, 10:25 PM
The burn chance is worth it, far more than a fire move that only has 10%

Yes, however some fire moves, like Lava Plume for instance, have a 30% burn chance.

R_N
29th April 2011, 10:49 PM
Yes, however some fire moves, like Lava Plume for instance, have a 30% burn chance.

Scald hits different things, gets on more things, gets on more useful things, etc

Silent Conversation
29th April 2011, 10:59 PM
Scald hits different things, gets on more things, gets on more useful things, etc

Fair enough. But I still say that a powerful move like Surf is more useful than a less powerful move that can potentially burn. But I guess that's all up to personal choice, though.

Cassiopeia
29th April 2011, 11:58 PM
I was wondering, does the new(ish) pokemon Tirtouga have any relation to the spanish word (for turtle) tortuga?

Silent Conversation
30th April 2011, 12:00 AM
I was wondering, does the new(ish) pokemon Tirtouga have any relation to the spanish word (for turtle) tortuga?

I would assume so, considering Tirtouga is a turtle... O_o

Hejiru
30th April 2011, 2:54 AM

That's probably where the name comes from.

Soul18655
30th April 2011, 3:45 AM
What was the highest amount of battle point you ever had on a pokemon game.

Silent Conversation
30th April 2011, 4:09 AM
What was the highest amount of battle point you ever had on a pokemon game.

Not that much, as I don't usually do Battle Frontier or Battle Subway that much. Probably like 20 or something.

Cassiopeia
6th May 2011, 12:13 AM
16 O.o
But then again, I just started today

Endoplasmic Reticulum
6th May 2011, 12:15 AM
60 when I wanted to get Energy Ball for my Torterra.

Those were the days when I didn't care about whether the move was physical/special...

manifesto
6th May 2011, 12:26 AM
48 for wise glasses this game. Pretty intense! :P

LexSuicune
6th May 2011, 11:05 PM

LOL Well that seems rather apparent considering it's a turtle and turtle in spanish is Tortuga.

I don't understand Carracosta's name, however, I know the word Costa means shore in spanish, which is my native language, but the Carra bit has me thinkin'.

DBK
6th May 2011, 11:09 PM
LOL Well that seems rather apparent considering it's a turtle and turtle in spanish is Tortuga.

I don't understand Carracosta's name, however, I know the word Costa means shore in spanish, which is my native language, but the Carra bit has me thinkin'.

Maybe it's a play on the word "Caro", which means expensive?? So expensive shore/costly shore?

Silent Conversation
6th May 2011, 11:11 PM
I'll be honest, when I see Carracosta, I don't really think "expensive shore".

DBK
6th May 2011, 11:14 PM
I'll be honest, when I see Carracosta, I don't really think "expensive shore".

LOL!

Here, from Bulba:

"Carracosta is likely a portmanteau of the words carapace (a hard, protective covering, ie. a shell), and costa, meaning coast in Latin, Spanish and Portuguese, a reference to its habitat. "Carra" may also refer to the Carrara fossil formation, which contains numerous trilobite fossils."

Makes more sense, now. :p

Silent Conversation
6th May 2011, 11:17 PM
Well using "Cara" to refer to fossils, which is what Carracosta is, makes a lot more sense than describing Carracosta as expensive :p

DBK
6th May 2011, 11:22 PM
Well using "Cara" to refer to fossils, which is what Carracosta is, makes a lot more sense than describing Carracosta as expensive :p

Well you could stretch it to mean that Carracosta is valuable. :D

Silent Conversation
6th May 2011, 11:22 PM
But it isn't that valuable, so it still doesn't apply.

DBK
6th May 2011, 11:27 PM
It is a rare pokemon that comes from an equally rare fossil. I think that counts as being valuable.

Silent Conversation
6th May 2011, 11:37 PM
Well, I guess in the Pokemon world it would be kind of rare, but in the real world it's very common to get. Either way, I don't think they were thinking of the word "valuable" when planning Carracosta's English name.

DBK
6th May 2011, 11:39 PM
Well, I guess in the Pokemon world it would be kind of rare, but in the real world it's very common to get. Either way, I don't think they were thinking of the word "valuable" when planning Carracosta's English name.

Lol If they were, then all these years of pokemon would have finally cracked them :p

Silent Conversation
6th May 2011, 11:44 PM
Honestly, I'm quite surprised it hasn't happened yet :p

DBK
6th May 2011, 11:46 PM
Honestly, I'm quite surprised it hasn't happened yet :p

lol They're made of sterner stuff.