PDA

View Full Version : Official Pokemon Discussion Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55

Silent Conversation
6th May 2011, 11:47 PM
Well, thank god for that, or the series would have ended about two generations ago :p

DBK
6th May 2011, 11:50 PM
Well, thank god for that, or the series would have ended about two generations ago :p

Lol That's a scary thought.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
7th May 2011, 12:34 AM
Not really. I only got deeply involved in the franchise mid 4th generation. If it ended in Hoenn I would not have cared

Silent Conversation
7th May 2011, 12:36 AM
Well, you can think of it the other way around - that now that there IS a 4th and 5th gen, you're really happy.

DBK
7th May 2011, 12:55 AM
Not really. I only got deeply involved in the franchise mid 4th generation. If it ended in Hoenn I would not have cared

Always with the negativity. :p

But since you got involved as of the 4th generation, and now the 5th, and they made you the person you are today, I guess you agree then that it would be a scary thought. :)

LexSuicune
7th May 2011, 12:57 AM
LOL!

Here, from Bulba:

"Carracosta is likely a portmanteau of the words carapace (a hard, protective covering, ie. a shell), and costa, meaning coast in Latin, Spanish and Portuguese, a reference to its habitat. "Carra" may also refer to the Carrara fossil formation, which contains numerous trilobite fossils."

Makes more sense, now. :p

Oh, the Carapace bit makes sense.

Silent Conversation
7th May 2011, 1:00 AM
But since you got involved as of the 4th generation, and now the 5th, and they made you the person you are today, I guess you agree then that it would be a scary thought. :)

That's basically what I said. He wouldn't have been upset had the other gens not come out, but he's really happy now that they have come out.

DBK
7th May 2011, 1:02 AM
Oh, the Carapace bit makes sense.

Yes, yes it does.

That's basically what I said. He wouldn't have been upset had the other gens not come out, but he's really happy now that they have come out.

Lol and yet he'll probably find a way to disagree with us. :p

Electric
7th May 2011, 4:44 AM
I don't understand why Woobat was created, it's literally has the same purpose as Zubat: annoying. They can but Woobat in just one cave and that's it, maybe just Wellspring Cave, Pinwheel Forest at night, or Twist Mountain, but putting them in every single cave (Giant Chasm is spared) is way too much. Not to mention Zubat2 looks weird and ugly (personal preference), so why did they even create it? Didn't they "start over?"

The same is half true for Roggenrola/Boldore except they are less common, so I don't mind it too much, but they did it for Zubat2, so why did they create 3 Pokemon with the same purpose? And why is Boldore in Chargestone Cave? It's not an Electric type or has any relations to electric and magnetic and steel things.

Silent Conversation
7th May 2011, 4:54 AM
You've actually just answered your question without realizing it, Electric. The purpose of Black and White was to start you off fresh, putting you in a world with Pokemon you've never seen and no familiar faces. However, they also wanted the to create a Pokemon-ish feel, so they still wanted to include bat Pokemon in caves. But, considering using Zubat would go against their "starting fresh" policy, they created a new Pokemon who had the same purpose, but a new feel.

DoubleJG3288
7th May 2011, 4:58 AM
I've recently found myself liking Virizion due to its design and movepool. I felt somewhat compelled to train the one that I caught in-game due to the fact that it was somehow caught with a Premeir Ball. Lovin' it so far.

Silent Conversation
7th May 2011, 5:02 AM
Thank you! That's exactly why I like Virizion! Very elegant, sleek design and a very good movepool! I wouldn't actually train one because I don't train legendaries, but glad somebody has the same opinion as me on Virizion.

DBK
7th May 2011, 5:17 AM
Thank you! That's exactly why I like Virizion! Very elegant, sleek design and a very good movepool! I wouldn't actually train one because I don't train legendaries, but glad somebody has the same opinion as me on Virizion.

And thus there were two.....

But it's defenses are worse than the other two......Breloom would eat it for breakfast.....

Silent Conversation
7th May 2011, 5:21 AM
But Breloom is ugly. Virizion looks so... defiant.

DBK
7th May 2011, 5:25 AM
But Breloom is ugly. Virizion looks so... defiant.

It's so girlie. And those defenses......it's easily the worst of the three. Hell, even Keldeo is better......

Silent Conversation
7th May 2011, 5:26 AM
The thing is, with legendaries I don't care about how good they are in battle, because I never use them. I just care how they look in my PC and in my Pokedex, so that's why I like Virizion the best. Cobalion just looks ugly, and Terrakion looks too... stout.

DBK
7th May 2011, 5:30 AM
The thing is, with legendaries I don't care about how good they are in battle, because I never use them. I just care how they look in my PC and in my Pokedex, so that's why I like Virizion the best. Cobalion just looks ugly, and Terrakion looks too... stout.

Like I said, it looks so girlie, and it's shiny is even worse, not to mention it looks so darn fragile. It looks more like a ballerina than a fighter.

Silent Conversation
7th May 2011, 5:31 AM
I like Virizion because it looks like it can have a fighting stance, but on the other hand it looks like it can have a graceful stance. But I agree its shiny looks far too girlie.

DBK
7th May 2011, 5:34 AM
I like Virizion because it looks like it can have a fighting stance, but on the other hand it looks like it can have a graceful stance. But I agree its shiny looks far too girlie.

lol I just don't understand......agree to disagree?

Yeah, it's shiny is horrible......

manifesto
7th May 2011, 5:37 AM
I like Terrakion the best. Just sayin'. Reminds me of Dwarves and foightin' and winning and stuff...also it seems to be part bulldog...I like that :D

Silent Conversation
7th May 2011, 5:40 AM
When I see Terrakion, all I see is grey and brown, which are two very boring colours, especially when they're put together. So when I see Terrakion, I see boredom.

manifesto
7th May 2011, 5:41 AM
And yet when you're bored and not expecting it that's when you get pounded >:P

Silent Conversation
7th May 2011, 5:43 AM
...which would make me hate Terrakion even more..

DBK
7th May 2011, 5:43 AM
And yet when you're bored and not expecting it that's when you get pounded >:P

lol More like torn apart. Terrakion = WIN!

It's shiny is awesome, btw.

Silent Conversation
7th May 2011, 5:44 AM
Terrakion's horns are cool with its shiny, but the rest of its body is normal. Out of the Musketeers, I like Cobalion's shiny the best, because that shade of blue in its shiny looks so nice.

manifesto
7th May 2011, 5:46 AM
I don't really mind colors. While green happens to be my favorite color, Virizion's head just looks so silly to me. I just like Terrakion's tough appearance nothing more, nothing less.

Silent Conversation
7th May 2011, 5:48 AM
Well, considering I was talking about the shiny sprites, colour is kind of the only thing that matters in that situation :p

DBK
7th May 2011, 5:49 AM
I don't really mind colors. While green happens to be my favorite color, Virizion's head just looks so silly to me. I just like Terrakion's tough appearance nothing more, nothing less.

Same here. It's Terrakion's bad***ness that makes it the best. Virizion just looks.......wrong.

Even it's shiny looks wrong. Terrakion's shiny looks the best and makes it appear even more bad***.

manifesto
7th May 2011, 5:51 AM
Well, considering I was talking about the shiny sprites, colour is kind of the only thing that matters in that situation

Well...I was speaking in general, so...derp? I guess?

Same here. It's Terrakion's bad***ness that makes it the best. Virizion just looks.......wrong.

Awww yeeee someone agrees with me.

Silent Conversation
7th May 2011, 5:51 AM
You must have an extremely dirty mind, because I don't see how you could be looking at Virizion that would cause you to think it looks wrong.

DBK
7th May 2011, 5:53 AM
You must have an extremely dirty mind, because I don't see how you could be looking at Virizion that would cause you to think it looks wrong.

The frills, the flamboyance, the overall girlieness, the girl boots......everything about it screams ballerina, not fighter. It's just wrong......

manifesto
7th May 2011, 5:55 AM
Well, fighters tend to learn dances because it helps their gracefulness. I just think Virizion's head looks stupid.

Silent Conversation
7th May 2011, 5:55 AM
I think it's ballerina appearance isn't wrong, it just may be a little girlie. But considering Virizion is genderless, I don't see the problem. I'd understand if it were male, but Virizion could be both male OR female, so in this case it would be closer to female.

manifesto
7th May 2011, 6:00 AM
I find nothing wrong with its feminine appearance. I'm all for a dancer-male pokemon. (Especially since if it's based off of the musketeers, it's in all likelihood a male) It's literally that odd glider-looking head that puts me off.

DBK
7th May 2011, 6:01 AM
I think it's ballerina appearance isn't wrong, it just may be a little girlie. But considering Virizion is genderless, I don't see the problem. I'd understand if it were male, but Virizion could be both male OR female, so in this case it would be closer to female.

But it's supposed to represent a male. :o

Terrakion/Cobalion = Awesome warriors ready to rip you a new one.

Virizion = Vivian, ready to dance to the Nutcracker..... -____-

Silent Conversation
7th May 2011, 6:01 AM
I guess I could see that. I just think its really graceful poise and great, light green colour distract me from the head, which is why I like it.

manifesto
7th May 2011, 6:02 AM
Eh, Virizion is based off of the more feminine Musketeer anyway. It's supposed to be girly.

R_N
7th May 2011, 6:05 AM
Eh, Virizion is based off of the more feminine Musketeer anyway. It's supposed to be girly.

Sadly, it can not wear girly hats : (

Ememew
7th May 2011, 6:06 AM
But it's supposed to represent a male. :o

Terrakion/Cobalion = Awesome warriors ready to rip you a new one.

Virizion = Vivian, ready to dance to the Nutcracker..... -____-

And just why can't "girly" = "fighter"? I think it's cool to see a Pokemon performing both gender roles simultaneously. There's nothing inherently male or female about battling, dancing, or "looking girly," just the concepts humans apply to them. Why should a Pokemon, a genderless Pokemon no less, be limited by human-made categories?

EDIT: And yes, I used the word "girly" rather than "girl" on purpose to indicate that I'm referring to stereotypically feminine traits in conjunction with being a fighter as opposed to a biologically female fighter.

Silent Conversation
7th May 2011, 6:09 AM
Very true. Considering it is genderless, Virizion makes the most sense out of the three. Some aspects of masculinity, some aspects of femininity. At least it's not like Terrakion, who is just this big, ferocious masculine Pokemon and no feminine side to evenly match it.

DBK
7th May 2011, 6:10 AM
And just why can't "girly" = "fighter"? I think it's cool to see a Pokemon performing both gender roles simultaneously. There's nothing inherently male or female about battling, dancing, or "looking girly," just the concepts humans apply to them. Why should a Pokemon, a genderless Pokemon no less, be limited by human-made categories?

It's supposed to be based off a MALE fighter.....and they turned it into a girl.

Girly can equal fighter, just not when that fighter is supposed to be (based off of a) MALE.

I know who it is supposed to be based of off, but that is just taking it too far.

manifesto
7th May 2011, 6:10 AM
I think that there shouldn't be gender roles in the first place :D

Which brings me to my point, I agree with Emewmew, why does it bother people that one of the pokemon has feminine qualities? It's supposed to be girly. It's the lover archetype of the 3 musketeers. I don't see why it's a problem. I think it's ugly. I don't care if it's male or female, if it's ugly, it's ugly. But that's my opinion. Nothing more, nothing less.

I'm thinking there's some problems with what some doctors call "gender betrayal" here. Relax peepz. It's no big deal.

Ememew
7th May 2011, 6:14 AM
It's supposed to be based off a MALE fighter.....and they turned it into a girl.

Girly can equal fighter, just not when that fighter is supposed to be (based off of a) MALE.

I know who it is supposed to be based of off, but that is just taking it too far.

Again, why? If you agree that femininity and masculinity can be (at least to a degree of agreement) used by either group, why does it bother you so much to see "feminine" traits performed by a Pokemon with male origins? Why is it "too far?" I'm merely curious as to why this is a big deal to you.

"Gender" (feminine/masculine behavior, as opposed to biological sex) has never been very ridged anyway, and it can change across time and culture. There's no reason Virizion couldn't keep the same appearance even if it was a male-only Pokemon (or that Terrakion couldn't suddenly be female-only for that matter). Same applies to humans.

manifesto
7th May 2011, 6:17 AM
It isn't too far, DBK is just being silly.

As I said with all this, feminine =/= female masculine =/= male

Anyone can have these traits. I'm an effeminite male. I wear tight pants. I like drama and music. But I'm also straight, am I taking it too far?

gyaradosuseddragonrage!
7th May 2011, 6:30 AM
A male can act "feminine" and that does not make him homosexual or "gender betrayal."

A female can act "masculine" and that does not make her homosexual or "gender betrayal."

Why can't you get this?

DBK
7th May 2011, 6:33 AM
Fine, fine.......I'm wrong, you're all right.

I call for an ATD......

manifesto
7th May 2011, 6:35 AM
A male can act "feminine" and that does not make him homosexual or "gender betrayal."

A female can act "masculine" and that does not make her homosexual or "gender betrayal."

Why can't you get this?

Exactly my point.

Fine, fine.......I'm wrong, you're all right.

I call for an ATD......

It's all right dude. No hate, just try to be a little more open minded about it y'dig?

DBK
7th May 2011, 6:39 AM
It's all right dude. No hate, just try to be a little more open minded about it y'dig?

If it was any other pokemon, I would be......

Ememew
7th May 2011, 6:46 AM
If it was any other pokemon, I would be......

I know you said you don't want to argue anymore, but I'm still curious as to why Virizion in particular bothers you so much.

DBK
7th May 2011, 7:02 AM
I don't know, really. Ever since I first saw it, I didn't like it. All I know is that it looks wrong to me. I don't get a fighter vibe from it at all. It looks more like a pure grass pokemon rather than a fighting type. Plus the person it is based of off was somewhat feminine, but not that feminine. He still looked like he could kick your a**. This doesn't. It feels like they concentrated more on the feminine aspect and forgot he was a fighter. It's shiny doesn't help.

Ememew
7th May 2011, 7:12 AM
Again, I don't expect to change your mind or anything, but I will repeat that feminine/masculine are a binary that society uses to describe gendered behavior when in reality, such a "binary" is significantly more fluid. Looking female and acting male, for examples, are ways of performing "gender" (the behaviors, not the biological aspects).

A Pokemon like Virizion is no more or less capable a battler due to it's "feminine" appearance. Being based on a "feminine, but not that feminine" male does not preclude it from looking one way or the other itself. They never "forgot" the character it was based on was a fighter, as it remains a Fighting-type while being feminine in appearance. Whether it is able to battle depends much more on the stats Gamefreak gave it than the sprite they designed (goes for any Pokemon).

It isn't even like Virizion's the first Pokemon to gender bend (male Loppuny, female Machamp), and Virizion itself has no assigned gender to begin with (though I maintain that it could still appear the same way it does now regardless of if it was assigned "male" "female" or "genderless" by Gamefreak).

EDIT: I'm not calling you out in particular, I'm just using this as an opportunity to examine why a feminine Pokemon based on a male is so provocative a topic.

DoubleJG3288
7th May 2011, 7:34 AM

I'm also not a fan of its shiny version. Terrakion looks like one mean 'mon, while Cobalion looks so plain in my eyes. I don't want to get myself started on Keldeo.

Silent Conversation
7th May 2011, 3:28 PM
I hope that by 'don't get me started', you mean you like it, because I love Keldeo's shiny sprite. That may be one of the nicest shades of green I've ever seen, and Keldeo just looks so much... brighter.

Cassiopeia
7th May 2011, 8:15 PM
I hope that by 'don't get me started', you mean you like it, because I love Keldeo's shiny sprite. That may be one of the nicest shades of green I've ever seen, and Keldeo just looks so much... brighter.
Anyone having My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic images floating in your head? But that is a nice sea green color...

KickAsh
7th May 2011, 8:15 PM
I love Keldeo's shiny sprite too. It's a fantastic shade of green, but I also like how they made its hair a brighter orange and his horns and hooves a brighter blue. Is it possible to get a shiny Keldeo?
Keldeo is my favorite of the musketeers, if it is considered to be a musketeer, and its shiny sprite only makes it better.
I love all the distribution Pokemon this gen, but Keldeo will be the one I get the most excited about.

Silent Conversation
14th May 2011, 5:47 AM
So, this thread hasn't been posted in for a couple of days, and I don't want it do die, so...

What do you guys think is the most underrated Pokemon this gen? Surprisingly, I would go with Sawk. Everybody seems to hate it, especially because Conkeldurr and Scrafty seem better than it, but I had a Sawk on my team and it was one of my best teams members, if not the best. Also, Sturdy is an awesome ability, so that helps Sawk even more.

Zhanton
14th May 2011, 5:51 AM
What do you guys think is the most underrated Pokemon this gen? Surprisingly, I would go with Sawk. Everybody seems to hate it, especially because Conkeldurr and Scrafty seem better than it, but I had a Sawk on my team and it was one of my best teams members, if not the best. Also, Sturdy is an awesome ability, so that helps Sawk even more.

I hate it because it looks ugly haha :P Hmmm...Lilligant's hugely strong for me, but then again it's not underrated at all. I'd say Crustle. With Sturdy + Shell Smash, plus STAB Rock Slide and access to EQ, plus X-Scissor, it's actually really quite strong.

iShock
14th May 2011, 5:51 AM
I wonder why the creators decided to make FOUR musketeer pokemon. Last time i checked there were only three. But hey, if the musketeer's want to adopt a pony, it's up to them.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
14th May 2011, 5:55 AM
No there are actually 4. One isn't officially part of the Musketters though. That's like Keldeo

Silent Conversation
14th May 2011, 5:56 AM
I've heard Crustle can be very good, despite not many people using it.

Also, I feel like the reason they made a fourth musketeer is that you wouldn't expect there to be four. So, after seeing Cobalion, Terrakion and Virizion, you would be even more surprised to find out that this random event pony Keldeo is actually part of the group.

EDIT: Rank up!

Endoplasmic Reticulum
14th May 2011, 5:57 AM
Noo...in the tale there's actually a sort of fourth Musketeer

Silent Conversation
14th May 2011, 5:58 AM
Oh, well in that case never mind then :p

Endoplasmic Reticulum
14th May 2011, 6:01 AM
I don't think this fourth musketeer is a musketeer though, he just goes with them on adventures. It's like Keldeo not being an actual musketeer

Silent Conversation
14th May 2011, 6:02 AM
Well, one could argue that because he's an event legendary and not immediately connected to the other three, he too is not an "actual musketeer".

Endoplasmic Reticulum
14th May 2011, 6:02 AM
Yeah that's what I was saying

Silent Conversation
14th May 2011, 6:04 AM
Oh, I just thought that because you said "it's like Keldeo not being an actual musketeer", you were implying that it should have been like that, but wasn't. Glad we're on the same page, though.

R_N
14th May 2011, 6:05 AM
Well, one could argue that because he's an event legendary and not immediately connected to the other three, he too is not an "actual musketeer".

Now by "immediately connected" do you mean in terms of not being found normally in-game or in general

Because he's pretty heavily connected

azurimon
Also, Sturdy is an awesome ability, so that helps Sawk even more.

Ahh -shudder- this is what annoys me so much when I go against it. XD

Underrated huh, Sawsbuck perhaps? I think it would be able to perform well with good support (Sunny Day). Has good base attack and speed, too. I wouldn't mind using this on my team.

iShock
The fourth Musketeer was d'Artagnan. He isn't a Musketeer yet at the beginning of the book, he's just a wannabe. When he first meets Athos, Porthos, and Aramis (the "Three"), they end up dueling. The Cardinal's guards arrive to break it up. D'Artagnan and the 3 Musketeers join forces to fight the guards. D'Artagnan becomes friends with Athos, Porthos, and Aramis and later becomes a Musketeer himself. Just copied and pasted :D

Endoplasmic Reticulum
14th May 2011, 6:06 AM
Stunfisk is INCREDIBLY underrated. It's considered terrible like Dunsparce, but has fairly good HP, defenses, and okay special attack. Plus a really great typing and movepool

edit:^Oh so he does become a Musketeer? So his similarities to Keldeo is even more apparent.

Silent Conversation
14th May 2011, 6:06 AM
Now by "immediately connected" do you mean in terms of not being found normally in-game or in general

Because he's pretty heavily connected

No, I mean the method of obtaining. The original three musketeers are all found in small, secluded areas throughout Unova that you can just approach and battle, while you have to go through a lot more effort to get Keldeo.

iShock
14th May 2011, 6:09 AM
edit:^Oh so he does become a Musketeer? So his similarities to Keldeo is even more apparent. I find it odd in the Bulbapedia history of Keldeo, it says he even OUTCLASSES his "parents". Maybe he should have higher base stats :P

Silent Conversation
14th May 2011, 6:10 AM
Well right now it has the same total base stats as the rest of the musketeers, so I think that's good enough.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
14th May 2011, 6:11 AM
I find it odd in the Bulbapedia history of Keldeo, it says he even OUTCLASSES his "parents". Maybe he should have higher base stats :P

That's strange. Keldeo is nowhere as near as good as the other three

Silent Conversation
14th May 2011, 6:12 AM
That's strange. Keldeo is nowhere as near as good as the other three

Technically he is the exact same strength as the other three.

iShock
14th May 2011, 6:12 AM
That's strange. Keldeo is nowhere as near as good as the other three Incorrect statement. Quite the opposite in fact.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
14th May 2011, 6:13 AM
Really? It looked like he had much worse stats than them

Silent Conversation
14th May 2011, 6:14 AM
Well, it's smaller, not in as tough of a physical stance, and its appearance has lighter and more vibrant colours, which may make it look weak.

iShock
14th May 2011, 6:16 AM
Really? It looked like he had much worse stats than them Same, but with beast special attack and speed.
Well, it's smaller, not in as tough of a physical stance, and its appearance has lighter and more vibrant colours, which may make it look weak. Don't judge a book by its colors XD

Endoplasmic Reticulum
14th May 2011, 6:16 AM
I just assumed it was worse due to its appearance. I guess you can't judge a book by its cover

Silent Conversation
14th May 2011, 6:17 AM
I just assumed it was worse due to its appearance. I guess you can't judge a book by its cover

LOL, I had to fix that.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
14th May 2011, 6:18 AM
...what mistake?

Silent Conversation
14th May 2011, 6:19 AM
You said "you can't just a book by its cover".

EDIT: Oh, I c wut u did ther.

iShock
14th May 2011, 6:19 AM
Don't judge a book by its colors XD Sorry got confused when reading the quote part of vibrant colors XD sorry my bad.

Grey Wind
14th May 2011, 1:11 PM
Keldeo looks like he could collapse any minute.
Although he probably would be a good Special Attacker.

Grei
14th May 2011, 4:26 PM
No, I mean the method of obtaining. The original three musketeers are all found in small, secluded areas throughout Unova that you can just approach and battle, while you have to go through a lot more effort to get Keldeo.

No you don't. Keldeo is being handed out via event. You get Keldeo given to you by the Mystery Gift man, and then you go through an event to have it learn its signature attack.

KickAsh
14th May 2011, 4:43 PM
I prefer Throh to Sawk, but I don't think either is the most underrated.

I'd say Crustle. With Sturdy + Shell Smash, plus STAB Rock Slide and access to EQ, plus X-Scissor, it's actually really quite strong.
This.
Crustle is a beast, but I replaced it with Accelgor because I decided (after much deliberation) that I liked Accelgor more.
Accelgor is also underrated.

EDIT: Regarding the Keldeo discussion, I have to say that it is just as good, if not better, than its counterparts.
Quick question, though--what do we know about Keldeo's distribution, if anything?

Mister_SGG
14th May 2011, 4:52 PM
EDIT: Regarding the Keldeo discussion, I have to say that it is just as good, if not better, than its counterparts.

I concur. Secret Sword is great Blissey counter, and Keldeo has that huge Special Attack.

KickAsh
14th May 2011, 5:21 PM
I concur. Secret Sword is great Blissey counter, and Keldeo has that huge Special Attack.
Secret Sword isn't a good Blissey counter...
Blissey has the 11th highest Sp.Def of any Pokemon, and Secret Sword is a special move.
Although Secret Sword is a really cool move.

Kingudora
14th May 2011, 5:24 PM
Blissey has the 11th highest Sp.Def of any Pokemon, and Secret Sword is a special move.
But it affects the opponents Defence, not Sp. Defence

-Unicorno-
14th May 2011, 5:24 PM

it still can do a good amount of damage with Keldo's high special attack. Also, it affects defense instead.
EDIT: ninja'd

misterdarvus
14th May 2011, 5:25 PM

But it hit Physical Defence, just like Psyshock.

KickAsh
14th May 2011, 5:25 PM
But it affects the opponents Defence, not Sp. Defence

It does? My mistake, I didn't know that.

Burakoru
14th May 2011, 5:27 PM
Hmm, okay, lets discuss Krookodile, he's really awesome both power and design wise to me.

Silent Conversation
14th May 2011, 6:30 PM
I love Krookodile. A really awesome design, a unique typing (ground/dark) and a pretty good move set that appeals to its two types.

-Unicorno-
14th May 2011, 6:48 PM
I faced a whimsicott and krookodile in doubles on my 48 battle at battle subway and lost by a longshot.

Silent Conversation
14th May 2011, 6:49 PM
That's because Whimscott and Krookodile are both amazing Pokemon (even though I think Lilligant > Whimsicott)

Drummerdude
14th May 2011, 6:50 PM
I'm not a fan of Krookodile's backsprite, but I must admit that it was pretty awesome in my first playthrough and I plan on EV Training one later on.

Silent Conversation
14th May 2011, 6:51 PM
Yeah, Krookodile's back sprite is okay. Its front sprite is epic, though.

Grey Wind
14th May 2011, 7:15 PM
I love Krookodile. I was on Random Match-ups one day with my in-game team, and faced a real competitive player. Krookodile saved me.

Mister_SGG
14th May 2011, 8:19 PM
Krookodile is amazing. It could use a little more Speed though. 92 is a bit awkward.

KickAsh
14th May 2011, 9:10 PM
Krookodile's a beast, and I really like it's design, typing, movepool, and everything, and heck, it's on my team.
But I'm still Hippowdon's #1 fan.

Mister_SGG
14th May 2011, 9:47 PM
Krookodile's Ground-type level up moves are pretty bad. I had to deal with Bulldoze until the Elite Four.

t00lb0x31
14th May 2011, 9:50 PM
^ didnt want to use the Dig TM?

Silent Conversation
14th May 2011, 10:00 PM
^ didnt want to use the Dig TM?

Krookodile can actually learn Dig by level up. And SGG, Dig is better than Bulldoze, so I don't see why you used Bulldoze instead of Dig.

Mister_SGG
14th May 2011, 10:02 PM
Krookodile can actually learn Dig by level up. And SGG, Dig is better than Bulldoze, so I don't see why you used Bulldoze instead of Dig.

Well, I was using Dig at first, but the whole "two turn attack" thing wasn't working for me. Bulldoze only takes one turn, and lowers Speed. It was just more appealing to me.

Silent Conversation
14th May 2011, 10:03 PM
Yeah, I can see why the two turn thing would get annoying quickly. I actually alternated between the two. I would use Dig for a while, realize I was impatient, so would switch to Bulldoze, realize that Dig is better, so I'd go back to Dig and the cycle would repeat.

Robotic Wind
14th May 2011, 10:06 PM
Mine knew dig.

I think I might switch it for Bulldoze though...

The ground types this gen are amazing...

Golrk, Stunfisk, Seimetoad, Krokodile, Landorus...I think I might be missing someone...

Silent Conversation
14th May 2011, 10:07 PM
Golrk, Stunfisk, Seimetoad, Krokodile, Landorus...I think I might be missing someone...

LOL, the fact that you put Stunfisk in this list of really powerful and loved Pokemon made me laugh.

Mister_SGG
14th May 2011, 10:09 PM

Either you make a lot of typos, or you need to relearn all the Generation V names.

Robotic Wind
14th May 2011, 10:09 PM
LOL, the fact that you put Stunfisk in this list of really powerful and loved Pokemon made me laugh.

The list isn't really powerful nor loved pokemon...

just ground types plus, I haven't seen too much lovee for the genies

Mister_SGG
14th May 2011, 10:15 PM
just ground types plus, I haven't seen too much lovee for the genies

Why would there be any love at all?

Silent Conversation
14th May 2011, 10:18 PM
The list isn't really powerful nor loved pokemon...

I meant powerful and loved ground types. Out of all the ground types in the game, you picked really popular ones, a legendary, and then Stunfisk.

Mister_SGG
14th May 2011, 10:19 PM
Out of all the ground types in the game, you picked really popular ones, a legendary, and then Stunfisk.

"And a Stunfisk." Heh heh.

Robotic Wind
14th May 2011, 10:19 PM
Why would there be any love at all?

1. One is the embodiment of the wind
2. The other the embodiment of a thudnerstorm
3. The final one has the best darn type EVER!!!!!!

Silent Conversation
14th May 2011, 10:20 PM
1. One is the embodiment of the wind
2. The other the embodiment of a thudnerstorm
3. The final one has the best darn type EVER!!!!!!

1. Tornadus looks exactly like Thundurus and Landorus.
2. Thundurus looks exactly like Tornadus and Landorus.
3. Landorus looks exactly like Tornadus and Thundurus.

There you go.

Robotic Wind
14th May 2011, 10:24 PM
1. Tornadus looks exactly like Thundurus and Landorus.
2. Thundurus looks exactly like Tornadus and Landorus.
3. Landorus looks exactly like Tornadus and Thundurus.

There you go.

1. Tornadus is the first pokemon to be more of the wind then Masquerain. Plus he is the first purple legend
2. Thundorus is the weaker of the three but, he is more aamzing then Gallade
3. LANDORUS HAS A HAT!!!!

Mister_SGG
14th May 2011, 10:26 PM
1. He is the first purple legend

1. Dragon-type Arceus says hi.
2. Gallade is amazing. Your argument is invalid.
3. SO DO I!

Silent Conversation
14th May 2011, 10:27 PM
I'm sorry, Bridge, but I refuse to listen to you anymore since you called Thundurus better than Gallade.

Robotic Wind
14th May 2011, 10:29 PM
1. Dragon-type Arceus says hi.
2. Gallade is amazing. Your argument is invalid.
3. SO DO I!

1. Let me restate it then: Tornadus is the first purple leenged tht stays one type and is not event
2. I still say a thunder cloud genie is better then a psyxhic cutter thing
3. I also have a hat but, do any other legends have a hat? I didn't think so

Mister_SGG
14th May 2011, 10:31 PM

Uhm... doesn't Meloetta Step Forme have a hat?

Robotic Wind
14th May 2011, 10:32 PM
Uhm... doesn't Meloetta Step Forme have a hat?

Then again that is event...I said legends but, I'm including only lengeds caught in-game...

Ropav
14th May 2011, 10:33 PM
1. Let me restate it then: Tornadus is the first purple leenged tht stays one type and is not event
2. I still say a thunder cloud genie is better then a psyxhic cutter thing

shiny kyogre is a purple legend.
2. gallade just seems better to me.
3.who cares if it has a hat it looks weird.

Mister_SGG
14th May 2011, 10:35 PM
Then again that is event...I said legends but, I'm including only lengeds caught in-game...

Okay... gotcha.

shiny kyogre is a purple legend.

Kyogre is blue. And even in it's Shiny form it's pink. You colorblind or something?

Ropav
14th May 2011, 10:37 PM
Okay... gotcha.

Kyogre is blue. And even in it's Shiny form it's pink. You colorblind or something?

no it looks more purple then pink to me.palkia looks pink not kyorge.

the hydreigon
14th May 2011, 10:37 PM
actually i have a shiny emboar but... its mine forever!!! hahaha!
http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljkqfnIDja1qzlgbao1_500.jpg

Robotic Wind
14th May 2011, 10:38 PM
I'm sorry, Bridge, but I refuse to listen to you anymore since you called Thundurus better than Gallade.

So...I guess your gonna ignore the pm idea Isent where you previously said that you'll think about my idea and now you'll ignore because I have an opinion?

Oh well...Gallade is just a pokemon I solely dislike so really...I'll say almost anything is better then it....

Silent Conversation
15th May 2011, 12:42 AM
So...I guess your gonna ignore the pm idea Isent where you previously said that you'll think about my idea and now you'll ignore because I have an opinion?

Oh well...Gallade is just a pokemon I solely dislike so really...I'll say almost anything is better then it....

I'm not actually not going to listen to you anymore, that would be so immature. But I will say that I find your taste in Pokemon to be horrible if you think EVERYTHING is better than Gallade.

KickAsh
15th May 2011, 2:17 AM
1. Tornadus is the first pokemon to be more of the wind then Masquerain. Plus he is the first purple legend

You know what's more amazing than Gallade? About 0.5% of Pokemon.
Gallade owns. Not only is it's design so neat, but it's darn good competitively. If you were in a fight with Gallade, you would lose. If Thundurus got in a fight with Gallade, it would lose. If anything got in a fight with Gallade, it would lose.
Gallade is the best. THE BEST. Psychic/Fighting is the best type ever. Everything about Gallade is the best ever. If Pokemon were people, Thundurus would be a garbage collector, and Gallade would be the CEO, CFO, founder, and owner of the best company in the world that makes a bazillion dollars a day, and he would do it ALL BY HIMSELF with no employees or anything.
Gallade is absolute. You think Arceus is the god of Pokemon? You're wrong again. Gallade is the god of Pokemon, just because all the Pokemon respect Gallade so much. They all love him. All Pokemon are devout Galladians, which is totally a religion. He gets 100 Christmas cards, EVEN WHEN IT IS NOT CHRISTMAS. Or as Pokemon call it, GALLADEMAS. How many Christmas cards does Thundurus get? None. Is Thundurus a Galladian? Nope. Thundurus follows his own religion that he totally just made up because he is a loser. He worships television, beer, and NASCAR.
Gallade is a super-genius. Everyone thinks Alakazam is the smartest Pokemon, but Gallade makes Alakazam look like that kid from school you know who puts his head down in class and reads Calvin and Hobbes instead of paying attention. Gallade's grades are all A+++++++++++++++++++++++. Thundurus doesn't even attend school because he is too dumb to find the school building.
Guess what Gallade did last night? I don't know. Maybe he was at the bar, having a few drinks with his bros because even though he is so awesome he is also agreeable and a normal guy, just like you and me. Maybe he was with a woman. Maybe he was drag racing HORSES, which is a sport he invented. You know what else Gallade invented? The lightbulb.
AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

Silent Conversation
15th May 2011, 2:27 AM
Gallade owns. Not only is it's design so neat, but it's darn good competitively. If you were in a fight with Gallade, you would lose. If Thundurus got in a fight with Gallade, it would lose. If anything got in a fight with Gallade, it would lose.
Gallade is the best. THE BEST. Psychic/Fighting is the best type ever. Everything about Gallade is the best ever. If Pokemon were people, Thundurus would be a garbage collector, and Gallade would be the CEO, CFO, founder, and owner of the best company in the world that makes a bazillion dollars a day, and he would do it ALL BY HIMSELF with no employees or anything.
Gallade is absolute. You think Arceus is the god of Pokemon? You're wrong again. Gallade is the god of Pokemon, just because all the Pokemon respect Gallade so much. They all love him. All Pokemon are devout Galladians, which is totally a religion. He gets 100 Christmas cards, EVEN WHEN IT IS NOT CHRISTMAS. Or as Pokemon call it, GALLADEMAS. How many Christmas cards does Thundurus get? None. Is Thundurus a Galladian? Nope. Thundurus follows his own religion that he totally just made up because he is a loser. He worships television, beer, and NASCAR.
Gallade is a super-genius. Everyone thinks Alakazam is the smartest Pokemon, but Gallade makes Alakazam look like that kid from school you know who puts his head down in class and reads Calvin and Hobbes instead of paying attention. Gallade's grades are all A+++++++++++++++++++++++. Thundurus doesn't even attend school because he is too dumb to find the school building.
Guess what Gallade did last night? I don't know. Maybe he was at the bar, having a few drinks with his bros because even though he is so awesome he is also agreeable and a normal guy, just like you and me. Maybe he was with a woman. Maybe he was drag racing HORSES, which is a sport he invented. You know what else Gallade invented? The lightbulb.
AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

Sigged for PURE TRUTH!!!

KickAsh
15th May 2011, 2:29 AM
Sigged for PURE TRUTH!!!
Amen.
10charlimit

Silent Conversation
15th May 2011, 2:31 AM
Okay, well turns out the quote is too long, so I hope the final paragraph suffices.

Silent Conversation
15th May 2011, 2:46 AM
Well, it's good to read the thoughts of somebody who actually understands how the world works.

CelestialFire
15th May 2011, 2:57 AM
So, I don't like Gallade... *prepares to get shot by SC and KickAsh*

Ok, I was joking, Gallade is pretty awesome
;475;;475;;475;;475;;475;;475;;475;;475;;475;;475;

Silent Conversation
15th May 2011, 3:12 AM
So, I don't like Gallade... *prepares to get shot by SC and KickAsh*

*goes to his room to get the shotgun he's been keeping in his closet*

Ok, I was joking, Gallade is pretty awesome
;475;;475;;475;;475;;475;;475;;475;;475;;475;;475;

Okay, thank god, I'm not going to get charged with murder now.

CelestialFire
15th May 2011, 3:14 AM
*goes to his room to get the shotgun he's been keeping in his closet*

Okay, thank god, I'm not going to get charged with murder now.

You keep a shotgun in your closet? I'm scared of you now...

Silent Conversation
15th May 2011, 3:15 AM
You shouldn't be. Just like Gallade, and everything will be fine. ;)

R_N
15th May 2011, 3:32 AM
Going to be honest, kind of want to hate Gallade out of spite now

CelestialFire
15th May 2011, 3:32 AM
Ok, I am now a Galladian

Silent Conversation
15th May 2011, 3:35 AM
Going to be honest, kind of want to hate Gallade out of spite now

Oh come on, we're allowed to have a few hours of letting out our Gallade fandom before we move on to a new topic.

Robotic Wind
15th May 2011, 3:40 AM
AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

Thunderus might be a middle aged white man and Gallde might be some big Ceo BUT Masquerain sits silently in a box with a smaller box. This small metal box as a handle and on thisnbox are the words...

"The Gallade Control Box"

So it doesn't matter what Gallade does or hoe awesome he is, he is only as good as Masquerain allows him to be...

ahm...
GALLADE COULD LOSE TO A WELL TRAINED PIDGEY!!!!!

CelestialFire
15th May 2011, 4:19 AM

Ooh, Bridge went there! SC might now kill you

LimeStar
15th May 2011, 4:37 AM
I'm officially changing my religion on Facebook to Galladian.
Someone should make fanpages and tshirts and posters and coffee mugs. That would sell. Definitely.

On a side note, Thunderus, purple? I would say blue. In fact, I would call Tornadus more purple, due to the tail.
But that's just me.

Robotic Wind
15th May 2011, 4:56 AM
I nver said Thunderous was purple.

Whenever I sid purple I was refering to Tornadus

Silent Conversation
15th May 2011, 5:11 AM

I really, really hope that you don't actually believe this, because if you do, you may have to stop playing Pokemon.

omniouswind
15th May 2011, 5:11 AM
Thundurrous also gets the crap beat out of him by a human(?) (http://blackadventurescomic.com/2011/05/02/episode-14-part-15/)

Otherwise, he was one of the easier roaming legendaries to catch.

Robotic Wind
15th May 2011, 5:38 AM
I really, really hope that you don't actually believe this, because if you do, you may have to stop playing Pokemon.

No I don't...but, it could lose to a well trained Masquerain...THAT I beleive

Silent Conversation
15th May 2011, 5:43 AM
Fine, a well trained Masquerain can beat a horribly trained Gallade. But a well trained Gallade can easily beat a well trained Masquerain.

Robotic Wind
15th May 2011, 5:46 AM
Fine, a well trained Masquerain can beat a horribly trained Gallade. But a well trained Gallade can easily beat a well trained Masquerain.

It really depends on the trainer...

IF I get my wifi to work and when I train a Masquerain very well we should have a one on one battle

...even if we don't I do plan on training on when I beat White...

Silent Conversation
15th May 2011, 5:48 AM
The thing is, I wouldn't be a very good example of how amazingly awesome a Gallade is, because I don't battle competitively, so my Gallade isn't EV trained or anything like that.

Paradoxe
15th May 2011, 5:50 AM

That's poppycock. The best-trained Gallade would lose to a horribly trained Masquerain, or a Reuniclus for that matter.

Robotic Wind
15th May 2011, 5:50 AM
The thing is, I wouldn't be a very good example of how amazingly awesome a Gallade is, because I don't battle competitively, so my Gallade isn't EV trained or anything like that.

I don't EV train either so we would be equal on that...I mean if you ev'd trained your then I would ev train mine but, we could use two pokmon who werenn't ev'd trained.

Silent Conversation
15th May 2011, 5:52 AM
Fair enough... but just remember that Masquerain's two types beat Gallade's two types, so pitting them against each other isn't exactly fair.

Robotic Wind
15th May 2011, 5:54 AM
Fair enough... but just remember that Masquerain's two types beat Gallade's two types, so pitting them against each other isn't exactly fair.

True but, I could use Tornadus instead...

Silent Conversation
15th May 2011, 5:55 AM
But that wouldn't prove anything.

Robotic Wind
15th May 2011, 5:56 AM
True...

I could use a Masquerain that has Quiver Dance and three wind related moves. (Though Masquerain can't learn Hurricane)

Silent Conversation
15th May 2011, 6:03 AM
So basically your move set will be Quiver Dance, Sweet Scene, Silver Wind and Whirlwind? Okay... that should really do a lot for you...

Robotic Wind
15th May 2011, 6:06 AM
So basically your move set will be Quiver Dance, Sweet Scene, Silver Wind and Whirlwind? Okay... that should really do a lot for you...

I was thinking about Quiver Dance, Ominous Wind, Silver Wind and Gust/Sweet Scent

Silent Conversation
15th May 2011, 6:07 AM
I was thinking about Quiver Dance, Ominous Wind, Silver Wind and Gust/Sweet Scent

Oh yeah, I forgot about Ominous Wind. But Gust is kind of... weak.

Robotic Wind
15th May 2011, 6:10 AM
Oh yeah, I forgot about Ominous Wind. But Gust is kind of... weak.

Masquerain had a better moveset in gen four with Icy Wind/Twister...

Neither are that great but they are better then gust...

Silent Conversation
15th May 2011, 6:14 AM
Masquerain had a better moveset in gen four with Icy Wind/Twister...

Neither are that great but they are better then gust...

Icy Wind is better than Gust, while Twister is kind of the same. It's basically a different typed Gust + occasional flinch.

Robotic Wind
15th May 2011, 6:17 AM
Icy Wind is better than Gust, while Twister is kind of the same. It's basically a different typed Gust + occasional flinch.

Too bad it can't learn Icy Wind in 5th gen....

Silent Conversation
15th May 2011, 6:18 AM
Too bad it can't learn Icy Wind in 5th gen....

I agree, they really should have included Move Tutors who can teach the same moves that the Platinum ones could. Maybe they'll add that in Grey...

Robotic Wind
15th May 2011, 6:21 AM
I agree, they really should have included Move Tutors who can teach the same moves that the Platinum ones could. Maybe they'll add that in Grey...

Hurricane needs to be one so Masquerain can learn it...

and SKy Drop

MASQUERAIN USE SKY DROP ON SALAMACE!

Silent Conversation
15th May 2011, 6:27 AM
To be honest, I can't exactly see Masquerain picking up an entire Pokemon, flying it up into the air and dropping it...

Poke_Cannon
15th May 2011, 6:28 AM
it's like GameFreak purposely leaves out key things, and easily implemented things.. just to stall til the next game.

Robotic Wind
15th May 2011, 6:29 AM
To be honest, I can't exactly see Masquerain picking up an entire Pokemon, flying it up into the air and dropping it...

I was joking...

Which is why I striked it out...It woud be funny seeing a moth "llifting" a dragon

Silent Conversation
15th May 2011, 6:31 AM
I was joking...

Which is why I striked it out...It woud be funny seeing a moth "llifting" a dragon

I know, I was joking too. But it would be hilarious.

R_N
15th May 2011, 6:47 AM
I know, I was joking too. But it would be hilarious.

Did you know Pelliper & Rufflet can learn Sky Drop?
Almost as hilarious

Aquadon
15th May 2011, 8:01 AM
it's like GameFreak purposely leaves out key things, and easily implemented things.. just to stall til the next game.

Fact. And it's annoying at Times. I'm just looking for a way to get more battles in, and they're being all assholes about it.

Oh well, I'll just have to wait.

Silent Conversation
15th May 2011, 4:21 PM
Did you know Pelliper & Rufflet can learn Sky Drop?
Almost as hilarious

Pelipper I can sort of imagine if I really try. But it's ridiculous that the tiny little Rufflet can go up to a Wailord, pick it up and fly into the sky.

Guess it shows that big things come in small packages??

Mister_SGG
15th May 2011, 4:25 PM
Guess it shows that big things come in small packages??

Like Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Skymin, and Manaphy.

Silent Conversation
15th May 2011, 4:31 PM
Like Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Skymin, and Manaphy.

And Victini?

Locormus
15th May 2011, 10:27 PM
Spam much? This is about new pokemon..

Anyway.. Does anybody hate the fact that you can't get Vullaby/Mandibuzz in your pokedex if you're playing on White? And apparently, nobody is getting the hint when I show three Rufflet's at the GTS Negotiations...

Annoys me to death, as those are the only one's I need at this point, aside from Tornadus/Landorus and Reshiram...

Aggrotek
15th May 2011, 10:31 PM
Spam much? This is about new pokemon..

Anyway.. Does anybody hate the fact that you can't get Vullaby/Mandibuzz in your pokedex if you're playing on White? And apparently, nobody is getting the hint when I show three Rufflet's at the GTS Negotiations...

Annoys me to death, as those are the only one's I need at this point, aside from Tornadus/Landorus and Reshiram...

People in the negotiations seem to be kind of dumb. I wish they implemented a kind of messaging system instead of the stupid emoticons.

Silent Conversation
15th May 2011, 10:48 PM
Locormus, the reason why Vullaby/Mandibuzz isn't available in White is probably because they were really trying to get you to do wireless play with the other game this time around.

Lazorchu!!
16th May 2011, 12:31 AM
AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.
I too, am a user of Gallade, the almighty one. I use him for everything making babies with my Gardevoir, and musicals too. He was my powerhouse on SoulSilver, and now he's my powerhouse on Black. Always, and, forever. always, and forever.

KickAsh
16th May 2011, 2:06 AM
As awesome as Gallade is, I think we should move on. It was nice to have our little moment of Gallade fandom, but let's steer the conversation back on track.

So, has anyone use(d) a Seismitoad? How did it go?

Mister_SGG
16th May 2011, 2:09 AM

I used a Seismitoad on my second run-through of Black. It isn't my favourite Pokemon by far, and it's stats aren't great, but it wasn't bad. I ditched it after the Elite Four and got a TTar, though.

Drummerdude
16th May 2011, 2:11 AM
I used a Seismitoad for a little while during one of my playthroughs and thought it was fantastic. Then again I was also using a Liepard and Garbodor in that playthrough, so that might explain why...

GalladeX
16th May 2011, 2:11 AM

I used one. He was fantastic, and his 'average' stats never seemed to shine through.

He was kinda hard to train as a Tympole, though. Totally worth it, however.

weaviledarkrai
16th May 2011, 2:12 AM
I used a Seismitoad on my second run-through of Black. It isn't my favourite Pokemon by far, and it's stats aren't great, but it wasn't bad. I ditched it after the Elite Four and got a TTar, though.

Yeah, Seis wasnt too bad but I had to drop it for a Crygonal by the 8th gym

Silent Conversation
16th May 2011, 2:53 AM
I watched my sister play through her White (because she's young and new to the series so I was constantly helping her) and she used a Seismitoad, which seems to have done a lot for her.

iShock
16th May 2011, 10:06 AM
I'm gonna get Seismitoad when I play White. It should learn 'Quake by lvl up though.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
16th May 2011, 7:20 PM
Yeah Seismitoed seems awesome. But I personally prefer Whiscash

Robotic Wind
16th May 2011, 7:35 PM
I'm gonna do a new playthrough and I'm gonna get six pokemon before Nimbasa and that will be my main team.

Afwards I will catch other to train after E4.

I'm going with main;y pokemon I haven't trained before...I'm looking at

Emboar
SeismetoadCarrocosta
Whimsicott(through Petil trade)/Simisage
Crustle
Scraggy
Cofagrigus(I know I had it in my other run trough but,, I love it so I wanna use it again)

Comments?

Ultimate Glalie
16th May 2011, 7:36 PM
I used Seismitoad in my playthrough of White, and it was quite useful. Too bad it can't learn Waterfall, though.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
16th May 2011, 7:44 PM
I think you should put this in the what will be your team thread, but whatever. I'd advise using Seismitoad and not Carracosta because if you used Carracosta you would have two rock types.

Grey Wind
16th May 2011, 9:25 PM
I never used Seismitoad, because I started with Samurott. It didn't appeal to me anyway.

Blueysicle
16th May 2011, 9:27 PM
I used a Seismitoad on my main team in Black, and he was awesome. I originally got him as a Tympole just as a temporary Water-type til I got access to Carracosta, but he ended up being so useful that I kept him on the team. Shell Bell+Aqua Ring+Drain Punch+Poison Touch both dealt a lot of damage to my opponents while laughing off any done to him. In those really tough battles like the E4, N, and Ghetsis, it was my Seismitoad that usually saved the day.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
16th May 2011, 10:13 PM
Yeah I think Seismitoad is better than Carracosta because ground > rock

Silent Conversation
16th May 2011, 11:10 PM
I actually think Carracosta is better because despite ground > rock, Carracosta's stats >>> Seismitoad's stats.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
16th May 2011, 11:12 PM
Well that's true I guess. And also Carracosta has a better movepool (it can learn Waterfall)

Silent Conversation
16th May 2011, 11:14 PM
So, we agree that Carracosta is better than Seismitoad?

Endoplasmic Reticulum
16th May 2011, 11:19 PM
So, we agree that Carracosta is better than Seismitoad?

Yes. And when I said Dive I meant Waterfall

SilverLugiaJ
17th May 2011, 12:18 AM
Both of them have a double weakness against grass type Pokemon, but I prefer Carracosta over Seismitoad.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
17th May 2011, 12:22 AM
Yeah I think I do too. Except Seismitoad has a better typing

Silent Conversation
17th May 2011, 12:25 AM
I wouldn't necessarily say that really, considering water/ground and water/rock are basically the exact same. They only have about one weakness that is different between them.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
17th May 2011, 12:26 AM
I meant I prefer Ground to Rock

Silent Conversation
17th May 2011, 12:26 AM
The fact that you prefer it doesn't make it better.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
17th May 2011, 12:44 AM
That's true. But I do consider ground to be a better type than rock

Silent Conversation
17th May 2011, 12:48 AM
Okay... I got that already. But again, you're stating an opinion, not fact.

KickAsh
17th May 2011, 2:54 AM
Seismitoad has higher HP, Sp.Atk, Sp.Def, and Speed. Which leaves Carracosta to have a higher Attack and Defense. However, Seismitoad's Sp.Atk is 2 points higher and its Sp.Def 10 points higher, so I'd say they are relatively evenly matched statwise. (Seismitoad has a way higher Speed--74 > 32, but 74 Speed isn't good at all.) Better stats go to Seismitoad.

Their movepools are a toss-up, too. Seismitoad gets Drain Punch and Muddy Water through level-up, and Hail, Venoshock, Brick Break, Sludge Wave, Sludge Bomb, Poison Jab, and Grass Knot, and Carracosta gets none of those. But Carracosta gets a few key moves like Ice Beam, Stone Edge and Blizzard, and it also gets Rock Polish, so Seismitoad has more diversity, but Carracosta packs the powerhouses. It's probably a tie here, because it sucks for Seismitoad to not have Ice Beam, but it does get great moves like Drain Punch and Sludge Wave.

In abilities, they are both pretty evenly matched. Seismitoad has the ever handy Swift Swim, and also Poison Touch, which is an ok ability. Carracosta has the nice Sturdy, but also Solid Rock, which decreases its 4x Grass weakness to something a little more tolerable. Carracosta takes best ability.

Egg moves: Seismitoad gets Refresh, which is handy, and it also gets Earth Power. Carracosta's best Egg move is probably Body Slam, so I'd say Seismitoad wins better egg moves.

In better typing, Seismitoad wins. It's Water/Ground leaves it with one weakness, Grass. Meanwhile, Carracosta's Water/Rock still leaves it with weaknesses to Grass and Fighting. So while Seismitoad is weak to one type, Carracosta is weak to two.

Seismitoad: 4
Carracosta: 2
But some of this was subjective, and they're both pretty evenly matched Pokemon overall.

Mario with Lasers
17th May 2011, 6:03 AM
I wouldn't necessarily say that really, considering water/ground and water/rock are basically the exact same. They only have about one weakness that is different between them.

Water/Ground has a 4x weakness to Grass, immunity to Electric and resistance to Steel, Poison, and... something else. Water/Rock is 4x weak to Grass and 2x weak to Electric, Ground and Fighting, while immune to nothing and resistant to Normal, Flying, Ice and... Poison? Yeah, guess so.

Water/Ground is leagues better than Water/Rock defensively.

Ne0n-H!tch'd
17th May 2011, 6:28 AM
I wish Bianca was a stronger trainer... Chicks (besides Cynthia) always come out to be weak on Pkmn games

Dragonshock
17th May 2011, 8:12 AM
Inb4 Shell Smash.

R_N
17th May 2011, 8:21 AM
I wish Bianca was a stronger trainer... Chicks (besides Cynthia) always come out to be weak on Pkmn games

I found her stronger than Cheren, honestly.

Also Flannery was a gigantic pain. And Whitney. Lenora, too. Misty's Starmie was really pretty unfair, now that I think of it...

iShock
17th May 2011, 8:33 AM
I wish Bianca was a stronger trainer... Chicks (besides Cynthia) always come out to be weak on Pkmn games I suppose the Elite 4 "chicks" aren't powerful either?

bippacooleth
17th May 2011, 11:39 AM
I found her stronger than Cheren, honestly.

Also Flannery was a gigantic pain. And Whitney. Lenora, too. Misty's Starmie was really pretty unfair, now that I think of it...

Oh my Misty's Starmie.... curses, why did I not catch a Pikachu in Viridian Forest while I had the chance ¬¬

Carracosta has Shell Smash. This is awesomer than Sludge Wave.

streetlightdsb
17th May 2011, 11:49 AM
^ Also Elesa is a massive pain. Tbh, I'd say the girls are generally stronger in Pokemon. I remember back when I first played Silver I had trouble beating Claire and completely destroyed Lance, for example.

Silent Conversation
17th May 2011, 11:23 PM
Water/Ground has a 4x weakness to Grass, immunity to Electric and resistance to Steel, Poison, and... something else. Water/Rock is 4x weak to Grass and 2x weak to Electric, Ground and Fighting, while immune to nothing and resistant to Normal, Flying, Ice and... Poison? Yeah, guess so.

Water/Ground is leagues better than Water/Rock defensively.

I said weakness only, so most of this is irrelevant. But I was mistaken, they have two different weaknesses instead of one.

Mister_SGG
17th May 2011, 11:25 PM
^ Also Elesa is a massive pain. Tbh, I'd say the girls are generally stronger in Pokemon. I remember back when I first played Silver I had trouble beating Claire and completely destroyed Lance, for example.

Yeah... Clair is hot and she's a good battler... I don't want to sound like a complete nerd here, so imagine Clair in real life. *Imagines and likes what he sees*

R_N
17th May 2011, 11:55 PM
I said weakness only, so most of this is irrelevant. But I was mistaken, they have two different weaknesses instead of one.

3 different weaknesses, and immunities/resistances are just as important

Silent Conversation
18th May 2011, 1:28 AM
3 different weaknesses,

Oh true, I must have not noticed Fighting or Electric

and immunities/resistances are just as important

I'm not denying that, all I'm saying is that I was referring to weaknesses only when I made my statement.

Kirito The Black Swordsman - SD
18th May 2011, 10:19 PM
I'm confused on what I should say.

Grey Wind
18th May 2011, 10:26 PM
^ ???

Females are actually the ones that are the hardest. Lenora, Whitney, Clair, Elesa, Flannery, Misty...all female and all tough Gym leaders.

Burakoru
18th May 2011, 10:28 PM
Liz and Tate(Or Liza and Tate, hard to remember)
Were hard too, only really not hard ones are
Skyla, Sabrina, Erika, and mexican food. :)

Silent Conversation
18th May 2011, 11:01 PM
I think there are some pretty annoying male gym leaders too. Blue, Norman, Wallace/Juan, Volkner and the Striation City Leaders were pretty tough.

Okay, so maybe the female toughies outnumber the male toughies, but not by that much.

R_N
18th May 2011, 11:19 PM
I think there are some pretty annoying male gym leaders too. Blue, Norman, Wallace/Juan, Volkner and the Striation City Leaders were pretty tough.

Okay, so maybe the female toughies outnumber the male toughies, but not by that much.

Well the point we were making was that a lot of Pokemon girls are strong, not that the males aren't.

also what is it with this series and making the Normal type leaders some of the toughest in the games

Silent Conversation
18th May 2011, 11:32 PM
I think it's that normal Pokemon are considered to be weak as they are, well... normal. Don't really seem to have anything special about them on first glance. So, making the normal leaders tough is probably meant to tell the people who think normal is a bad type that there are a lot of really powerful normal Pokemon and trainers who use them.

CelestialFire
18th May 2011, 11:34 PM

Hold on, Striaton and Norman were tough? When did this happen?

Silent Conversation
18th May 2011, 11:37 PM
Well, I had planned my whole team before playing through Black, so I didn't use the elemental monkey against the Striaton leader. So considering I only had my starter, I found him tough. Also, I can't be sure, but I just remember having a really tough time with Norman.

R_N
18th May 2011, 11:38 PM
Norman is a huge pain. Slaking are bulky and strong, even with Truant in effect it can take a while to take down. Vigoroth aren't anything to scoff at either.

Ironically Dustox absolutely decimates him

Silent Conversation
18th May 2011, 11:41 PM
Huh, now I'm wishing that I had chosen to use a Dustox in Ruby instead of a Beautifly...

Endoplasmic Reticulum
19th May 2011, 2:02 AM
I didn't find Norman that tough. His Slaking's traunt was easy to take advantage of

Typhlosionvsworld
19th May 2011, 2:05 AM
Huh, now I'm wishing that I had chosen to use a Dustox in Ruby instead of a Beautifly...

It would be strange if you didn't regret that. Beautifly has terrible stats.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
19th May 2011, 2:08 AM
Yeah. Dustox > Beautifly. Despite Dutstox being a poison type, poison/bug is better than bug/flying IMO

Typhlosionvsworld
19th May 2011, 2:10 AM
Yeah. Dustox > Beautifly. Despite Dutstox being a poison type, poison/bug is better than bug/flying IMO

That's why I'm using it in Platinum. I couldn't resist Bug Buzz.

Cassiopeia
19th May 2011, 2:11 AM
^This^
The only reason i have a beautifly is that I caught a shiny silcoon :D

Endoplasmic Reticulum
19th May 2011, 2:13 AM
Even Butterfree > Beutifly

R_N
19th May 2011, 2:13 AM

So does Dustox, really. Beautifly has the better attacking stats, Dustox the better defensive stats. Both have the same HP & Speed

Endoplasmic Reticulum
19th May 2011, 2:14 AM
Yes but Dustox has a better movepool

R_N
19th May 2011, 2:20 AM
Yes but Dustox has a better movepool

Well, not really. Dustox gets Confusion & Psybeam, Protect & Light Screen, Toxic; Beautifly gets Absorb, Mega Drain, and Giga Drain as well as Stun Spore & Attract (pfff)
Except for Sludge Bomb, they also get basically the same TMs

Endoplasmic Reticulum
19th May 2011, 2:24 AM
Well, not really. Dustox gets Confusion & Psybeam, Protect & Light Screen, Toxic; Beautifly gets Absorb, Mega Drain, and Giga Drain as well as Stun Spore & Attract (pfff)

Exactly. I'm not saying more moves, I'm saying better moves.

Silent Conversation
19th May 2011, 2:26 AM

But when I had first played Ruby, I didn't care about stats, I just cared about Pokemon that looked cool. And then when I did start caring about stats, I had forgotten I had ever used a Beautifly so I never bothered to look at its stats.

Robotic Wind
19th May 2011, 2:28 AM
Striaton was tough.

I used only Tepig and won on my second try...

Silent Conversation
19th May 2011, 2:28 AM
Same as you, Bridge, except I used only Oshawott instead of only Tepig.

R_N
19th May 2011, 2:33 AM
Exactly. I'm not saying more moves, I'm saying better moves.

So it basically comes down to Confusion/Psybeam over the ___ Drains?
I wouldn't exactly call them "better", per say, both have their uses. & Beautifly still gets Psychic by TM, so that "advantage" seems a bit short-lived.

Both have their uses, of course, but I wouldn't put Dustox so far ahead of Beautifly in terms of movepool.

Typhlosionvsworld
19th May 2011, 2:36 AM
So does Dustox, really. Beautifly has the better attacking stats, Dustox the better defensive stats. Both have the same HP & Speed

There speed is average, and remeber that bugs have low stats generally anyway. Dustox looks cooler.

Dustox can learn Giga Drain as well. Beautifly can use Protect and Toxic also. And Dustox gets Attract by TM.

But when I had first played Ruby, I didn't care about stats, I just cared about Pokemon that looked cool. And then when I did start caring about stats, I had forgotten I had ever used a Beautifly so I never bothered to look at its stats.

When you start out, stats don't make any differnce. Over time, you hover over them. Of course you didn't pay any attention to stats.

R_N
19th May 2011, 2:44 AM
There speed is average, and remeber that bugs have low stats generally anyway. Dustox looks cooler.
Right, but your post made it sound like Dustox had better stats when it's typical for early-game bugs.
Dustox does look cooler, though, yes. Part of the reason I like it more.

Dustox can learn Giga Drain as well. Beautifly can use Protect and Toxic also. And Dustox gets Attract by TM.
Sadly not anymore, Giga Drain not being a TM anymore. It'd be nice if it was re-instated in RS remakes, though.

Typhlosionvsworld
19th May 2011, 2:48 AM
Right, but your post made it sound like Dustox had better stats when it's typical for early-game bugs.
Dustox does look cooler, though, yes. Part of the reason I like it more.

One point for Dustox!!

Sadly not anymore, Giga Drain not being a TM anymore. It'd be nice if it was re-instated in RS remakes, though.

That's horrible! I didn't know because I only play Generation IV. That is the best way to get coverage on Dustox, with Sludge Bomb, Bug Buzz, Giga Drain, and Moonlight.

Cassiopeia
19th May 2011, 2:53 AM
That's horrible! I didn't know because I only play Generation VI.
...are you secretly working for nintendo...lol generation VI :D

Typhlosionvsworld
19th May 2011, 2:55 AM
...are you secretly working for nintendo...lol generation VI :D

lol I meant Generation IV. If I was, I would exploit all the new Pokemon.

Silent Conversation
19th May 2011, 3:04 AM
I doubt any of the Pokemon for Generation VI have been created yet... maybe basic ideas at most, but a fully finished Pokemon has not been made considering we're probably getting a spin-off game, Grey and an R/S remake before the first Gen VI games are even mentioned.

Typhlosionvsworld
19th May 2011, 3:07 AM
I doubt any of the Pokemon for Generation VI have been created yet... maybe basic ideas at most, but a fully finished Pokemon has not been made considering we're probably getting a spin-off game, Grey and an R/S remake before the first Gen VI games are even mentioned.

That is likely. I hope the gen 6 pokemon aren't a dissapointment.

Silent Conversation
19th May 2011, 3:08 AM
Considering it's going to be no less than 3-4 more years until the first Gen VI games are revealed, I don't think there's any point speculating their quality at all right now.

CelestialFire
19th May 2011, 3:28 AM

Is it confirmed that the "spin-off" game will be called Grey? Because that's just so uncreative. I mean, OK, the two main games are Black and White but Grey just seems too ridiculous

Silent Conversation
19th May 2011, 3:30 AM
No, I mean there will be three games:

1. An unnamed spin off game that is probably going to be revealed in CoroCoro next month
2. The third game to BW, which people are calling Grey because it's the most likely name
3. The R/S remakes

iShock
19th May 2011, 3:50 AM
I doubt any of the Pokemon for Generation VI have been created yet... maybe basic ideas at most, but a fully finished Pokemon has not been made considering we're probably getting a spin-off game, Grey and an R/S remake before the first Gen VI games are even mentioned. Dude, I wanna work as a Pokemon designer! I got so many good ideas for Pokemon, their typing and even their names. Like a Flying/Fighting type and the very first Jelly-type Pokemon!

Endoplasmic Reticulum
19th May 2011, 4:14 AM
I think the Gamefreak designers are the experts...