PDA

View Full Version : Official Pokemon Discussion Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55

Silent Conversation
19th May 2011, 3:15 AM
Jelly type? How would they be able to make more than two Pokemon out of that?

CelestialFire
19th May 2011, 3:44 AM

Ditto's evolutions

Matt36
19th May 2011, 3:46 AM
How would a pokemon that copies other pokemon evolve and improve?

slowkingsley
19th May 2011, 3:54 AM
Ditto's new ability, has greatly improved Ditto and has made it as good as it is ever going to be. Hopefully it will become available soon without cheating.

Silent Conversation
19th May 2011, 3:56 AM
Ditto's evolutions

Please, please tell me you weren't being serious.

Paradoxe
19th May 2011, 4:31 AM
I don't see you people coming up with any other names for the spin-off. Stop whining. You aren't any more creative than Nintendo/Gamefreak/whoever names the games. And as for the R/S remakes, PLEASE HAVE THE F*CKING SAFARI ZONE, BUT NOT THAT RETARDED ONE FROM HG/SS.

I have to do it. I'm sorry. U JELLY?!?

BCVM22
19th May 2011, 4:39 AM
I don't see you people coming up with any other names for the spin-off. Stop whining.

I got the perfect name for it: "the third Unova title". No bullpuckey about how "Grey is the most likely", no Chrome, no Rainbow, no Purple, no Puce, no Mauve. Just calling it what it is, regardless of whatever it gets named.

There you go, kids. That'll be a nickel every time you use it.

PLEASE HAVE THE F*CKING SAFARI ZONE, BUT NOT THAT RETARDED ONE FROM HG/SS.

It's odd how you scream "You aren't any more creative than Nintendo/Gamefreak/whoever names the games" one second but the next you shout "I know better! Listen to me when I tell you what should be in the games!"

I don't disagree with the initial sentiment, mind you, but you can't have it both ways.

Silent Conversation
19th May 2011, 4:41 AM
I got the perfect name for it: "the third Unova title". No bullpuckey about how "Grey is the most likely", no Chrome, no Rainbow, no Purple, no Puce, no Mauve. Just calling it what it is, regardless of whatever it gets named.

There you go, kids. That'll be a nickel every time you use it

Honestly, you won't be getting a nickel from me. While I think it's likely that the third game will be called Grey, the reason I call it that isn't because I think that will be the name - it's just a lot quicker to type and people still know what you're talking about.

Matt36
19th May 2011, 4:43 AM
Grey is growing on me mind. At first I often associated the 3rd Game with a stronger element than the previous 2. But White, Black & Grey isn't bad.

Sabonea_Masukippa
19th May 2011, 5:29 AM
I'll never understand how you came to the conclusion that the 3rd game's element had to be stronger given the four generations of history we have.

2D Thom
19th May 2011, 5:32 AM
i just wanna go back to the Butterfly discussion and say Dustox is Butterfree on steroids.

Matt36
19th May 2011, 5:35 AM
I'll never understand how you came to the conclusion that the 3rd game's element had to be stronger given the four generations of history we have.

I never said that either. I said I associated the 3rd game to be a stronger game. Consisting of more, collaborating legends on one cart etc etc.

Sabonea_Masukippa
19th May 2011, 5:48 AM
My mistake I thought you were talking about the title of the game.

Matt36
19th May 2011, 5:51 AM
No no. I felt at first, when the initial talk of the inevitable 3rd game started, that Grey didn't quite the my criteria for a better version of the current games.

Black & white are strong colours and represent a lot. I can see why Nintendo chose them.

Grey feels dirty. But I have grown to it. Though, I doubt they will use it tbh.

DBK
19th May 2011, 5:53 AM
No no. I felt at first, when the initial talk of the inevitable 3rd game started, that Grey didn't quite the my criteria for a better version of the current games.

Black & white are strong colours and represent a lot. I can see why Nintendo chose them.

Grey feels dirty. But I have grown to it. Though, I doubt they will use it tbh.

Crimson FTW!!!!!

Matt36
19th May 2011, 5:55 AM
Doesn't fit with black and white though? And too similar to RED! :(

DBK
19th May 2011, 6:01 AM
Doesn't fit with black and white though? And too similar to RED! :(

So is Ruby, and yet it was used.

Crimson fits perfectly with Black and White. Check out The Spirit and Sin City for proof. And in art, red is often used with black and white pieces. Not to mention the japanese logos for B/W have red in them, and it looks great.

Not to mention it sounds like a proper name for a third game. Gre/ay (unless Kyurem is indeed the mascot) sounds too bland for a pokemon game name.

Matt36
19th May 2011, 6:08 AM
THATS WHAT I COULDN'T GET IN TO WORDS!

It's too bland!

Crimson could work in that instance, but comparing pokemon to a violent graphic novel wouldn't be good marketing :p

DBK
19th May 2011, 6:13 AM
THATS WHAT I COULDN'T GET IN TO WORDS!

It's too bland!

Crimson could work in that instance, but comparing pokemon to a violent graphic novel wouldn't be good marketing :p

No it wouldn't. But all I'm saying is that the three colors go together well. And that there is ample proof.

R_N
19th May 2011, 6:21 AM
How does "Gray" sound too bland when other titles include Red and Blue

And YELLOW
Shoot black & white are usually the go-to for inciting blandness

Matt36
19th May 2011, 6:37 AM

And YELLOW

Red, Blue & Yellow are Primary colours. Hardly Bland.

B&W represent more than colour. Grey just sounds dirty.

The Eleventh
19th May 2011, 4:27 PM

And YELLOW
Red, blue, yellow, black and white are all bold, strong colours. I like Crimson as a name for the third version, but no matter what way you put it, it doesn't link with black and white. But, hey, it doesn't have to, does it? Platinum doesn't have much relevance to diamonds or pearls.

Electiv
19th May 2011, 4:34 PM
Pokemon Deep Gray? That sounds better than Pokemon Gray doesn't it? I prefer it anyway. Gray doesn't really sound bland o_o (it does a bit.

Hejiru
19th May 2011, 4:38 PM
Kyurem is almost guaranteed to be the mascot. And I can see him on the cover of "Gray" a lot easier than on the cover of "Crimson".

Face it, Gray is much more likely. I'm sorry if you don't like the name or think it's too bland, but that doesn't change the fact that Gray will probably be the title.

Valoo.
19th May 2011, 4:38 PM
Pokemon Deep Gray? That sounds better than Pokemon Gray doesn't it? I prefer it anyway. Gray doesn't really sound bland o_o (it does a bit.
Deep Grey sounds more like a remake

Electiv
19th May 2011, 4:40 PM
Kyurem is almost guaranteed to be the mascot. And I can see him on the cover of "Gray" a lot easier than on the cover of "Crimson".

Face it, Gray is much more likely. I'm sorry if you don't like the name or think it's too bland, but that doesn't change the fact that Gray will probably be the title.

Why not Pokemon Deep Sleep or Pokemon Derp o_o I would so buy it. What about Pokemon Kyurem?

Endoplasmic Reticulum
19th May 2011, 4:41 PM
People, Kuyrem is grey. Therefore, that will be the title of the game

Electiv
19th May 2011, 4:42 PM

It's light blue aswell. And a bit of yellow.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
19th May 2011, 4:43 PM
It's mainly gray

Blazios
19th May 2011, 4:45 PM
Its Pokédex colour is Grey. You can't get more official than the game itself.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
19th May 2011, 4:54 PM

Thank you!

Electiv
19th May 2011, 5:13 PM
Yeah I suppose so ._. Buuut, they game should be called Pokemon Dragon, because Kyurem IS a Dragon, so is Zekrom and Reshiram.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
19th May 2011, 5:29 PM
So Black and White should also be called Dragon and Dragon?

Blazios
19th May 2011, 5:34 PM
And Diamond, Pearl, Platinum and Emerald should be called Dragon, Dragon, Dragon and Dragon?

Endoplasmic Reticulum
19th May 2011, 5:40 PM
Red: Dragon
Blue: Turtle
Green: Plant thingy
Yellow: Mouse
Gold: Oversized Chicken
Silver: Pheonix?
Crystal: Dog
Ruby: Dinosaur thingy
Sapphire: Whale
Emerald: Dragon
Diamond: Dragon
Pearl: Dragon
Platinum: Dragon
Black: Dragon
White: Dragon
Gray: Dragon

Electiv
19th May 2011, 5:47 PM
Ok, ok. I agree the name sucks. Pokemon Gray is fine... Fine, fine.....

EDIT: LOL OVERSIZED CHICKEN.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
19th May 2011, 5:52 PM
Yep
10charlimit

Robotic Wind
19th May 2011, 5:55 PM
I agree that Ho-Oh looks like a chicken BUT, Lugia=a Phenox??

I don't understand this logic...

Endoplasmic Reticulum
19th May 2011, 5:56 PM
IDK, that's why I put the question mark.

Aurath8
19th May 2011, 6:00 PM
sapphire: Whale

it's an orca!!!!!!

GaZsTiC
19th May 2011, 6:00 PM
Ho-oh is based on the Chinese phoenix: the hou-ou.

Lugia is based on the Shinto God of the sea - Ryujin.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
19th May 2011, 6:01 PM
it's an orca!!!!!!

My bad.

10charlimit

Endless
19th May 2011, 6:19 PM
It is listed as grey,but it is nearly as much light blue.

That doesn't mean anything. By that logic, Pokemon White should be Black And Pokemon Black should be White.

And if we follow the pattern used this generation(The title is the opposite of the mascots color), and Kyurem is quite blue. Opposite of blue= red and that opens the gate for pokemon Crimson/Scarlet again.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
19th May 2011, 6:21 PM
Kyurem isn't really blue...

Valoo.
19th May 2011, 6:29 PM
Kyurem isn't really blue...
Yeah, he's more grey/silver.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
19th May 2011, 6:30 PM
Exactly
10charlimit

Valoo.
19th May 2011, 6:32 PM
Exactly
10charlimit
Wow your posts are really pointless interesting, aren't they?

Endoplasmic Reticulum
19th May 2011, 6:37 PM
Wow your posts are really pointless interesting, aren't they?

Yes, yes they are

GaZsTiC
19th May 2011, 6:43 PM
To be fair, Kyurem's 'wings' are light blue.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
19th May 2011, 6:47 PM
Well that's true. But most of Kyurem is gray...

Endless
19th May 2011, 6:49 PM
Yeah, he's more grey/silver.

The body is grey, but the ice stuff on him is light blue. Groudon's body is also brown, but the plates on him are red, even if the plates are a bigger part og Groundon than the ice parts is of Kyurem, the theory still hold some ground.

But what part of Kyurem is Silver if I may ask?

Endoplasmic Reticulum
19th May 2011, 6:52 PM
The abdomen is silver

Endless
19th May 2011, 6:57 PM
The abdomen is silver

That's not Silver at all. Silver is far lighter than that.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
19th May 2011, 6:58 PM
Well...it's gray

The Eleventh
19th May 2011, 7:44 PM
Kyurem is definitely grey. :P But that doesn't mean that the third version will be called Grey. The game with Zekrom on the cover was called White, although that's mostly due to the yin yang aspect of Black and White. Crimson would be a stark contrast to grey, so it is plausible.

And ElectivireAddict, I'm very surprised your pointless, and frankly spam, posts haven't been noticed yet. Seriously, what's up with replying with "Yes" and "Exactly"?

Endoplasmic Reticulum
19th May 2011, 7:46 PM
It's just supposed to be gamefreak trolling. But Kyurem doesn't have a counterpart, so it's very likely it will be named after its colour

Endless
19th May 2011, 7:51 PM
Kyurem is definitely grey. :P But that doesn't mean that the third version will be called Grey. The game with Zekrom on the cover was called White, although that's mostly due to the yin yang aspect of Black and White. Crimson would be a stark contrast to grey, so it is plausible.

And ElectivireAddict, I'm very surprised your pointless, and frankly spam, posts haven't been noticed yet. Seriously, what's up with replying with "Yes" and "Exactly"?
Exactly. that was my point.
And I think most people know that he spam. That isn't that hard to notice when he use "10char" in posts that are not polls.

It's just supposed to be gamefreak trolling. But Kyurem doesn't have a counterpart, so it's very likely it will be named after its colour
It doesn't need a counterpart. And just for the record, they are not trolling. If they had made a counterpart to Kyurem and we had no idea which would be the 3rd mascot, then they would have been trolling.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
19th May 2011, 7:57 PM
It doesn't need a counterpart. And just for the record, they are not trolling. If they had made a counterpart to Kyurem and we had no idea which would be the 3rd mascot, then they would have been trolling.

What I'm saying is they named the game after the opposite mascot's colour, not the opposite colour of the mascot. Kyurem doesn't have an opposite mascot, so therefore it will most likely be named gray

DBK
19th May 2011, 8:35 PM
The third game will be named Crimson. End of discussion. :D

LexSuicune
19th May 2011, 9:07 PM
Crimson's one of my favourite colors so I don't have a problem with that, although it has nothing to do with Kyurem's color pallete.

Grey should be my bet. Perhaps Chrome.

ColorsofTheRainbow
19th May 2011, 9:25 PM
Crimson's one of my favourite colors so I don't have a problem with that, although it has nothing to do with Kyurem's color pallete.

Grey should be my bet. Perhaps Chrome.

Oooo Chrome. That sounds alot better than Gray or Crimson. It also sounds more like a Pokemon game. Would Kyurem still be the mascot pokemon then?

DBK
19th May 2011, 9:26 PM

[Crimson] should be my bet. Perhaps [Crimson].

Assuming that Kyurem is the third mascot, and there is no evidence that would suggest that. Since they seem to like Victini so much, it would be safe to assume that it is the third mascot, and thus Crimson fits.

Or....since they are using opposite colors for the titles and scheme, and since Kyurem (assuming he is the third mascot) is somewhat blue-ish, Crimson would fit yet again.

So in short, Crimson is the third game.

End of line.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
19th May 2011, 9:26 PM
Sigh...just because gray sounds bad doesn't mean it doesn't makes the most logical sense

BCVM22
19th May 2011, 9:27 PM
Would Kyurem still be the mascot pokemon then?

Putting aside the question of whether there's really an alternative to Kyurem in that role, "chrome" as a color certainly wouldn't preclude Kyurem from being used in that fashion.

DBK
19th May 2011, 9:28 PM
Sigh...just because gray sounds bad doesn't mean it doesn't makes the most logical sense

It's not because it sounds bad. It just doesn't fit, period. It actually doesn't make the most logical sense.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
19th May 2011, 9:29 PM
It's not because it sounds bad. It just doesn't fit, period. It actually doesn't make the most logical sense.

Oh my god, it does make sense. Kyurem is coloured grey? Don't believe me? Its dex says it is grey. Plus, grey is a mixture of black and white!

You're in denial

DBK
19th May 2011, 9:33 PM
Oh my god, it does make sense. Kyurem is coloured grey? Don't believe me? Its dex says it is grey. Plus, grey is a mixture of black and white!

You're in denial

And thus it goes against everything third games are meant to represent. Crimson works better, for the reasons stated. I'm not the one in denial.

GaZsTiC
19th May 2011, 9:37 PM
Assuming that Kyurem is the third mascot, and there is no evidence that would suggest that.

You're completely in denial.

Kyurem is the third member of the Tao trio, and, just like Rayquaza and Giratina, will be the third version mascot.

BCVM22
19th May 2011, 9:40 PM
You know, I don't think he's serious.

DBK
19th May 2011, 9:41 PM
You're completely in denial.

Kyurem is the third member of the Tao trio, and, just like Rayquaza and Giratina, will be the third version mascot.

Suicune wants a word with you.

And since they paired Victini with the two dragons for the movies (and seem to have a love affair with it), it's just as safe to assume that Victini is the third mascot. Either way though, Crimson still fits better than Gre/ay. Facts.

GaZsTiC
19th May 2011, 9:44 PM

As does the non-existent third member of the GSC trio.

And since they paired Victini with the two dragons for the movies (and seem to have a love affair with it), it's just as safe to assume that Victini is the third mascot.

So...Darkrai is the mascot for Platinum?

Either way though, Crimson still fits better than Gre/ay. /OPINION

Fix'd for accuracy.

Robotic Wind
19th May 2011, 9:45 PM

Suicune wasn't part of the Main Trio like Rayquaza, Giratina and Kyurem. Suicune was apart of the beast Trio and was the main one for Crystal because there wasn't another main legend to use along with Lugia and Ho-oh...I'm sure someone can explain it better then I can...

GaZsTiC
19th May 2011, 9:48 PM
Suicune wasn't part of the Main Trio like Rayquaza, Giratina and Kyurem. Suicune was apart of the beast Trio and was the main one for Crystal because there wasn't another main legend to use along with Lugia and Ho-oh...I'm sure someone can explain it better then I can...

Nah, you explained it crystal clear.

DBK
19th May 2011, 9:55 PM
Crimson fits better because it goes with the whole yin yang theme. Or did we forget about that already?

Plus, there is still no evidence to support the notion that Kyurem is the third mascot. Like I said, there is just as much evidence to support Victini (i.e. none). My anime references were meant to show as much. Sorry if that went over your heads.

The real proof is in the theme (yin yang) that they will undoubtedly attempt to continue following as well as the concept of what a third game is supposed to be. Gre/ay accomplishes none of that and thus is the least logical choice.

Valoo.
19th May 2011, 9:58 PM
In all fairness, there is no denying that Kyurem is th third member.

GaZsTiC
19th May 2011, 9:59 PM
Crimson fits better because it goes with the whole yin yang theme. Or did we forget about that already?

Plus, there is still no evidence to support the notion that Kyurem is the third mascot. Like I said, there is just as much evidence to support Victini (i.e. none). My anime references were meant to show as much. Sorry if that went over your heads.

The real proof is in the theme (yin yang) that they will undoubtedly attempt to continue following as well as the concept of what a third game is supposed to be. Gre/ay accomplishes none of that and thus is the least logical choice.

Kyurem embodies wuji - the lack of yin and yang. Victini is the "victory" Pokemon based off of the USA and nuclear weapons.

I think it's pretty obvious which one follows the theme of yin and yang better.

(Also, Victini is orange, not crimson...)

DBK
Oh I don't doubt he is the third member, I just doubt that he is the third mascot. :p

Kyurem embodies wuji - the lack of yin and yang. Victini is the "victory" Pokemon based off of the USA and nuclear weapons.

I think it's pretty obvious which one follows the theme of yin and yang better.

(Also, Victini is orange, not crimson...)

All that proves (somewhat) is that he is the third member of the trio, not the third mascot. And if you even read my post, then you would know that I said that even if Kyurem is the third mascot, that Crimson would still fit better than Gre/ay.

Victini's shiny version is crimson.

Blazios
N talks about black and white merging to become grey, for the record. Just thought I'd say that the main antagonist makes a reference to the colour, make of it what you will. And given that Kyurem's supposed to be the remains of the Reshiram/Zekrom fusion (you know, the merging of black and white), it only makes sense that it would be Grey.

Valoo.
19th May 2011, 10:00 PM
Oh I don't doubt he is the third member, I just doubt that he is the third mascot. :p
Why would the third member not be the mascot?

The Eleventh
19th May 2011, 10:08 PM
Victini's shiny version is crimson.
And what relevance that does that have? Don't bring shiny sprites into the mix. Anyway, it's not crimson, more red-orange. You're just making stuff up now.

DBK
19th May 2011, 10:08 PM
N talks about black and white merging to become grey, for the record. Just thought I'd say that the main antagonist makes a reference to the colour, make of it what you will. And given that Kyurem's supposed to be the remains of the Reshiram/Zekrom fusion (you know, the merging of black and white), it only makes sense that it would be Grey.

Not really. Again, since they are focusing so heavily on the yin yang theme, grey would not make sense, since it represents the absence of yin and yang. Cromsin (red) represents the combination of yin and yang. And since we believe that they will possibly revert Kyurem to it's original form (a combination of Zekrom and Reshiram), Crimson makes the most....nay the only sense.

Why would the third member not be the mascot?

They have been going against the grain this gen, so it would be safe to assume that they will keep doing so with the third game.

GaZsTiC
19th May 2011, 10:15 PM
Kyurem =/= Zekrom + Reshiram.

Kyurem = the original dragon - Zekrom and Reshiram (aka the absence of yin and yang).

(Also, I have never heard of crimson representing the combination of yin and yang.)

Silent Conversation
19th May 2011, 10:16 PM

Exactly. that was my point.
And I think most people know that he spam. That isn't that hard to notice when he use "10char" in posts that are not polls.

Oh my god, I've been saying this for so long now. At least I know there are some people who also see it.

Anyways, the only reason that the 2nd gen didn't have the third of the trio on the cover was that THERE WAS NO THIRD OF THE TRIO. Staring in Gen 3, they've made the mascot legends in groups of three, and I don't think it's a coincidence that they happen to release three new-region games per gen. Considering the two games that had a third legendary became the mascots for the third game, I don't understand why some people think Kyurem won't be.

What do you guys who don't think it'll be Kyurem think it will be anyways? Landorus? Cobalion?

Blazios
19th May 2011, 10:17 PM
Yes, grey represents the absence of yin and yang. Just like Kyurem does.

Silent Conversation
19th May 2011, 10:19 PM
I just find besides the whole third Pokemon in trio = third game mascot point (which should have ended this discussion already), there are more points that are favouring Kyurem being the Grey mascot than there are going against it.

DBK
19th May 2011, 10:20 PM
Kyurem =/= Zekrom + Reshiram.

Kyurem = the original dragon - Zekrom and Reshiram (aka the absence of yin and yang).

(Also, I have never heard of crimson representing the combination of yin and yang.)

Ugh.....Kyurem as is is just the remnants of the original dragon...HOWEVER they could (and the "god stone" may be the way) give it an alternate forme, which would be the original dragon. Thus a combination of Rom and Ram (without actually having to combine Ram and Rom).

And yes, red does represent the combination of yin and yang.

GaZsTiC
19th May 2011, 10:27 PM
Ugh.....Kyurem as is is just the remnants of the original dragon...HOWEVER they could (and the "god stone" may be the way) give it an alternate forme, which would be the original dragon. Thus a combination of Rom and Ram (without actually having to combine Ram and Rom).

And yes, red does represent the combination of yin and yang.

Unless the God Stone is a fusion of the Dark Stone and Light Stone I don't view this as plausible. It is also important to point out that the God Stone is grey in colour.

DBK
19th May 2011, 10:33 PM
Unless the God Stone is a fusion of the Dark Stone and Light Stone I don't view this as plausible. It is also important to point out that the God Stone is grey in colour.

The "god stone" could absorb some of the energies of Rom and Ram and transfer them over to Rem, thus making it whole again. Regardless, it's the theme that matters most. And gre/ay doesn't go with that theme.

And the stone being gre/ay isn't really that important. The supposed alternate form of Rem is.

Possible, absolutely. Probable, yes.

GaZsTiC
19th May 2011, 10:37 PM
And gre/ay doesn't go with that theme.

But it does. And, unlike crimson, the colour grey has been referenced in Black and White which leads to its significance.

I'm not saying that crimson is impossible, just highly improbable.

Silent Conversation
19th May 2011, 10:37 PM
Crimson is definitely possible, but I just think Grey is significantly more possible.

DazedMinezumi
19th May 2011, 10:40 PM

I would soooooooooo buy Pokemon: Plant Thingy ;003;

Silent Conversation
19th May 2011, 10:43 PM
I would soooooooooo buy Pokemon: Plant Thingy ;003;

Yeah, it would be a great co-game to Pokemon: Dinosaur Thingy :p

DBK
19th May 2011, 10:44 PM
But it does. And, unlike crimson, the colour grey has been referenced in Black and White which leads to its significance.

I'm not saying that crimson is impossible, just highly improbable.

I'll give you that. They have referenced it a few times. Still, however possible gre/ay may be, it is still less probable than Crimson.

Crimson is definitely possible, but I just think Grey is significantly more possible.

Both possibilities are about equal. Crimson is just more probable than Gre/ay.

Well, this is getting nowhere fast. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Silent Conversation
19th May 2011, 10:46 PM
Both possibilities are about equal. Crimson is just more probable than Gre/ay.

I disagree. Crimson just doesn't seem to fit with the name theme for this gen. I know someone will argue saying Platinum and Crystal didn't either, but I feel like this time because the names are so much more basic, they won't veer off the theme this time.

DBK
19th May 2011, 10:50 PM
I disagree. Crimson just doesn't seem to fit with the name theme for this gen. I know someone will argue saying Platinum and Crystal didn't either, but I feel like this time because the names are so much more basic, they won't veer off the theme this time.

But by using Gre/ay, that's exactly what would happen. The theme is incredibly important this gen, both for the games themselves and for the concept of the third game. Gre/ay just doesn't fit that (or at least not as well as Crimson does).

DazedMinezumi
19th May 2011, 10:54 PM
Yeah, it would be a great co-game to Pokemon: Dinosaur Thingy :p

NEW GAMES: Pokemon: Plant Thingy Version and Pokemon: Dinosaur Thingy Version

You play in the land of World Place. Your starters to pick from are the Fire Type Flame Thingy, Water Type Bubble Thingy, and Grass Type Leaf Thingy. Your rival is Girl Lady or Man Dude. The champion is Stong One. As you fight the evil team, Bad Peoples, you will learn to grow closer to your team and concer the region of World Place. Coming to a Store Thingy near you!!!!!

bushie
19th May 2011, 11:01 PM
if there is a third game hopefully victini will have an expanded role along with everyone's assumption of kyurem. also we could choose the other gens starters like we could in emerald/hg/ss/yellow

Endoplasmic Reticulum
19th May 2011, 11:06 PM
OMG Victini will have the same role in Gray! It's an event Pokemon, it's not supposed to have a story outside of its event

Robotic Wind
19th May 2011, 11:08 PM
OMG Victini will have the same role in Gray! It's an event Pokemon, it's not supposed to have a story outside of its event

I AGREE

TBH, Thinking Victini will be a mascot is...well...dumb

I'm certain it'll be Kyurem but, it MIGHT be Landorus...

But most likely Kyurem...

Cassiopeia
19th May 2011, 11:08 PM
if there is a third game hopefully victini will have an expanded role along with everyone's assumption of kyurem. also we could choose the other gens starters like we could in emerald/hg/ss/yellow
Like someone else said (like 50 pages back) I hope the musketeers' stories are expanded.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
19th May 2011, 11:10 PM
The Musketeers, maybe but I doubt it. Victini, no

Silent Conversation
19th May 2011, 11:29 PM
But by using Gre/ay, that's exactly what would happen. The theme is incredibly important this gen, both for the games themselves and for the concept of the third game. Gre/ay just doesn't fit that (or at least not as well as Crimson does).

But the theme of the names are very bland, simple colours, and Grey fits that, but Crimson doesn't.

Robotic Wind
19th May 2011, 11:30 PM
Who would y'sll reccommend between Cofagrigus/Scrafty and Crustle...

Endoplasmic Reticulum
19th May 2011, 11:32 PM
Scrarfty over Cofagrigus and Crustle for sure

DBK
19th May 2011, 11:40 PM
But the theme of the names are very bland, simple colours, and Grey fits that, but Crimson doesn't.

The theme of the games is what matters, not of the names. The names represent the theme of each game (yin and yang), and if the third game is meant to be the combination of both, then Crimson fits better than Gre/ay.

Blazios
19th May 2011, 11:44 PM
Except N basically says his goal is to prevent Black and White becoming grey. Why would he say that and have the next game be an unrelated colour?

Robotic Wind
19th May 2011, 11:46 PM
Who would y'all suggest over

1. Scrafty
2. Crustle
3. Cofagrigus

BCVM22
19th May 2011, 11:47 PM
This discussion is going to end up in posterity with the Floaroma Gate and Regigigas' sky forme.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
19th May 2011, 11:52 PM
The theme of the games is what matters, not of the names. The names represent the theme of each game (yin and yang), and if the third game is meant to be the combination of both, then Crimson fits better than Gre/ay.

Exactly. Gray is a combination of black and white

DBK
19th May 2011, 11:52 PM
Except N basically says his goal is to prevent Black and White becoming grey. Why would he say that and have the next game be an unrelated colour?

Just because he made a reference to it doesn't mean it's automatically a given.

This discussion is going to end up in posterity with the Floaroma Gate and Regigigas' sky forme.

Wait...what? I must have missed those particular discussions. Although I do agree somewhat. I call for a WAS. :)

Endoplasmic Reticulum
19th May 2011, 11:55 PM
DBK you're so caught up with gray not being the name because you'd hate it, you've entered denial. Just accept the likelihood

GaZsTiC
19th May 2011, 11:58 PM
http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc136/muhammedv95/RegigigasSkyForme.png

The God Stone turns Regigigas into its Sky Forme. Fact.

LexSuicune
20th May 2011, 12:00 AM
I kindda love that mustache on Regigigas

Blazios
20th May 2011, 12:00 AM
Just because he made a reference to it doesn't mean it's automatically a given.

Remember, he's the main antagonist of the entire story. Also, that's one more reference to grey than crimson.

R_N
20th May 2011, 12:04 AM

Oh Regigigas Sky form

amazing how we ignored Shaymin's name in an attempt to want you so much

Remember, he's the main antagonist of the entire story. Also, that's one more reference to grey than crimson.

Also consider his whole objective is to separate Pokemon and people into distinct black & white
That is his whole mentality: his in ability to accept that things can't be that way, they fall into shades of grey (handily represented by us)

DBK
20th May 2011, 12:14 AM
DBK you're so caught up with gray not being the name because you'd hate it, you've entered denial. Just accept the likelihood

I never said I hated it. Quit putting words in my mouth, they taste bad.

If it does indeed turn out to be Gre/ay, fine. I can live with it. I am merely stating that Crimson has a better chance than Gre/ay. The themes of the games, and the possible mascot, support as much (for the most part).

WOW...... :o

Blazios
20th May 2011, 12:16 AM
I am merely stating that Crimson has a better chance than Gre/ay. The themes of the games, and the possible mascot, support as much (for the most part).

Except for the parts that support Grey more.

Oh, wait, that's everything.

DBK
20th May 2011, 12:20 AM
Except for the parts that support Grey more.

Oh, wait, that's everything.

Not really. The themes of the games are what's important, not what some character in the game vaguely references. Going by the themes, Crimson makes more sense.

BCVM22
20th May 2011, 12:21 AM
I am merely stating that Crimson has a better chance than Gre/ay.

The problem in stating this is the same problem that the people who state "yeah, it'll likely be called Grey" have: to put it bluntly, you're talking out of your keister. You can't possibly claim that one has a better chance than the other because there's no evidence either way.

That's right, you heard me: there's no evidence either way.

There's support, sure. Grey is, chromatically and conceptually, the midway between black and white or two conceptual equivalents. Crimson is a very stark and very visible color, as are black and white. Chrome is, like silver, a color/metal/concept much like grey but with more glitz and glamour.

But those are not evidence. They're circumstantial and conceptual support. Evidence would actually entail indications from the powers that be as to what the name might be, and there is none of that. And furthermore, there's little doubt that had Crystal been suggested on the year 2000 version of the Internet, the brilliant fandom would have rejected it outright as "not fitting with precious metals like gold and silver" or somesuch. And there is no doubt whatsoever that, at least in this green-and-grey corner of the fandom, that the name "Platinum" was never suggested in any widespread fashion, and that people were absolutely positive they'd be playing a copy of Pokémon Opal or Amethyst or god knows what else in due time. You get the idea.

So before the next time anyone wants to say "it's likely that..." or "...has a better chance", stop yourself and remember that no, no it isn't and no it doesn't. Possibility does not equate to plausibility nor vice versa, and circumstantial support is not at all the same as evidence.

Plat. Frontier
20th May 2011, 12:21 AM

Okay, and who WOULD be the mascot of Crimson (Volcrona? (sp?) Maybe...)?

Blazios
20th May 2011, 12:22 AM
Not really. The themes of the games are what's important, not what some character in the game vaguely references. Going by the themes, Crimson makes more sense.

"Some character" is arguably the most important character in the game. And Grey fits the themes of the games perfectly.

Mystica
20th May 2011, 12:22 AM

I likes this. *two-thumbs up*

DBK
20th May 2011, 12:26 AM
"Some character" is arguably the most important character in the game. And Grey fits the themes of the games perfectly.

Grey represents the absence of yin and yang (B/W, truth/ideals). If (and the most likely theme) the third game is meant to bring those two together, then Gre/ay wouldn't fit. And since red represents the combination of yin and yang (B/W, truth/ideals), then it makes perfect sense to use Crimson.

Now if Rem gets an alternate forme, what makes you think it will still be grey? You need to think within the context of the third game, and not base it on the contexts of the first two games.

ViperQueen
20th May 2011, 12:28 AM

lol
I thought Gold was the Phoenix and Silver was was the LochNess/Giant Seagull
Plant Thingy? lol - I would call it a dinosaur thing too or a giant bull frog

Noobish question but would it be grey or gray lol?

^That Regigigas looks like a whale *i like it*

DBK
20th May 2011, 12:33 AM
lol
I thought Gold was the Phoenix and Silver was was the LochNess/Giant Seagull
Plant Thingy? lol - I would call it a dinosaur thing too or a giant bull frog

Noobish question but would it be grey or gray lol?

I figured LochNess also.

It could be either or.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
20th May 2011, 12:45 AM
Oh true. Lugia is an oversized seagull. Why didn't I think of that?

Pseudo-Unlegendary
20th May 2011, 1:00 AM
I figured LochNess also.

It could be either or.

Well, Lock Ness is more reasonable then giant seagull.

DBK
20th May 2011, 1:02 AM
Well, Lock Ness is more reasonable then giant seagull.

The "either or" part was geared toward the grey/gray question.

I agree. Loch Ness make way more sense.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
20th May 2011, 1:09 AM
If Ho-oh is a chicken, Lugia is a seagull

Mister_SGG
20th May 2011, 1:10 AM
If Ho-oh is a chicken, Lugia is a seagull

And if Seviper's a mongoose, Zangoose is a snake.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
20th May 2011, 1:12 AM
Err...other way around

Mister_SGG
20th May 2011, 1:14 AM
Err...other way around

I put them that way on purpose. To me, Ho-Oh is a lot like a seagull, and Lugia a chicken.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
20th May 2011, 1:14 AM
Lolwut? .

Endoplasmic Reticulum
20th May 2011, 1:18 AM
No, it's beak is like a chicken. So is its face and colour.

Lugia's colouring and shape of wings reminds me of a seagull.

Btw you fail with the image

Mister_SGG
20th May 2011, 1:21 AM
Btw you fail with the image

I know... but I'm trying it again.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRliYC5yzBeYXUQ68Tl6IgXJK3DSUstE fvGHWBEu5oxAUiCCjU8uw

Endoplasmic Reticulum
20th May 2011, 1:22 AM
Thanks for making me look like I double post, *******.

And that's a manga scan. It doesn't count

Mister_SGG
20th May 2011, 1:23 AM
Thanks for making me look like I double post, *******.

I iz sorry...

Endoplasmic Reticulum
20th May 2011, 1:26 AM
I iz sorry...

It's okay :D

Mister_SGG
20th May 2011, 1:28 AM
It's okay :D

Good... I wasn't really sorry.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
20th May 2011, 1:31 AM
Good... I wasn't really sorry.

Glad we have an understanding. I know. Now let's stop spamming, okay?

On topic, what does everyone think of Palpitoed?

Mister_SGG
20th May 2011, 1:32 AM
On topic, what does everyone think of Palpitoed?

I think it could do without the acne.

Cassiopeia
20th May 2011, 1:49 AM
I think it could do without the acne.
^ True, but water/ground only has one (quad) weakness...

Endoplasmic Reticulum
20th May 2011, 1:57 AM
It isn't acne. It's its giant frog cheeks...

Mister_SGG
20th May 2011, 1:58 AM
It isn't acne. It's its giant frog cheeks...

I know... but it looks like big pimples.

Anyway... I have something on TV I need to watch, goodnight.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
20th May 2011, 2:01 AM
Not really...
Goodnight

manifesto
20th May 2011, 4:00 AM
They're nodes on its body that it vibrates to make shockwaves...not only that, it's a toad. Toads by generalization have warts...it only makes sense.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
20th May 2011, 4:01 AM
Well...I suppose I guess

manifesto
20th May 2011, 4:05 AM
Well seeing as the whole point of the line is toads that use shock waves to cause earthquakes, do you have any other explanations? I mean, take apart its name for a second:

Palpi= from palpitate, which means to tremble, beat rapidly, strongly or irregularly.

Toad= toad.

By generalization, people assume toads have warts. Hence the character wart from the super mario series (even though he looked like more of a frog to me..)

Anywho, if you don't believe me here's a picture of a real toad.

http://www.und.edu/org/ndwild/pics/toad3.GIF

Now, those lumps on its body could have been overexaggerated to be those big bumps all over the toad line in B/W. Which in their dex entries they say vibrate to cause tremors in the ground.

Silent Conversation
20th May 2011, 4:09 AM
I'm sorry, but is anybody else getting a bit bothered by the constant use of "sorry", "it's okay", "true", "good" and "not really" in a thread that's meant to actually discuss something?

Just so this post isn't completely off-topic, Palptioad's okay. It evolves into Seismitoad, which is a good Pokemon.

manifesto
20th May 2011, 4:19 AM
I liked Seismitoad when I first discovered him. Got pretty disenchanted with him because of the lack of Waterfall.

Paradoxe
20th May 2011, 4:22 AM
Frog Pokemon should've stopped after Politoed. End of story.

manifesto
20th May 2011, 4:24 AM
Any reasoning? Frogs are kinda cool irl and they have so much cool potential...

BCVM22
20th May 2011, 4:25 AM

What, really? They've done something new and different with every frog they've done since.

MetalFlygon08
20th May 2011, 4:27 AM
Annnd isn't the Tympole line based on TOADs not Frogs, given Toad's ability to predict Earthquakes, and the line's ground typing...

manifesto
20th May 2011, 4:28 AM
Toad's ability to predict Earthquakes,

Forgot they could do that. It's so cool haha.

They did base them off toads, hence the wart-ish node things all over them.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
20th May 2011, 4:29 AM
While Politoed is my favourite, I do like Toxicroak

Silent Conversation
20th May 2011, 4:46 AM
Plus, Seismitoad is a pretty good Pokemon, even if its design may not be as good as other frogs/toads.

Mario with Lasers
20th May 2011, 4:49 AM
I"d like to add I thoroughly hate Toxicroak with a passion. Whenever I face one on PO, I always forget its typing. "Ok calm the **** down, you got this... Poison/Dark no Poison/Bug no Bug/Fighting no Dark/Fighting no Water/Poison no Bug/Dark no Water/Fighting no Purple/Purple **** THIS" and then I finally remember it's Poison/Fighting.

And two seconds later I choose not to use Bullet Punch/Psyshock since it resists Steel and is immune to Psychic, being Water/Dark and all. Argh.

GaZsTiC
20th May 2011, 5:09 AM
Lilligant is the perfect Grass type. The only thing which would make her better is giving her Spore.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
20th May 2011, 5:12 AM
Why would you bother giving her a video game? As a birthday present?

Kreis
20th May 2011, 5:14 AM
Hahaha you're so funny.

:|

manifesto
20th May 2011, 5:14 AM
^ I see what you did there.

Spore only really makes sense on a mushroom pokemon though. Sadly. Since flowers don't give off spores.

GaZsTiC
20th May 2011, 5:15 AM
Why would you bother giving her a video game? As a birthday present?

Ahem, yes.

Am I not allowed to give my wife a birthday present?

R_N
20th May 2011, 5:29 AM
I"d like to add I thoroughly hate Toxicroak with a passion. Whenever I face one on PO, I always forget its typing. "Ok calm the **** down, you got this... Poison/Dark no Poison/Bug no Bug/Fighting no Dark/Fighting no Water/Poison no Bug/Dark no Water/Fighting no Purple/Purple **** THIS" and then I finally remember it's Poison/Fighting.

And two seconds later I choose not to use Bullet Punch/Psyshock since it resists Steel and is immune to Psychic, being Water/Dark and all. Argh.

Bug?
Bug?
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/thumb/8/8b/454Toxicroak.png/200px-454Toxicroak.png

Mario with Lasers
20th May 2011, 5:44 AM
Bug?
Bug?
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/thumb/8/8b/454Toxicroak.png/200px-454Toxicroak.png

Drapion is Poison/Dark and purple so Toxicroak must be either of them, Skorupi is Poison/Bug and related to Drapion so Croak may also be Bug, Heracross is a Bug/Fighting and bipedal just like Toxicroak so it totally is a Bug-type or maybe Fighting, it's also used in Rain teams and recovers health taking Water attacks just like Vaporeon so it must be a Water-type... wait what was its typing again. Well there's a lot of purple on it. Or is it blue.

No seriously, that's my logic pattern whenever I see a Toxicroak. I almost wish Lucario had Dry Skin instead so it would still outclass Croak and I'd never see its ugly face in OU.

iShock
20th May 2011, 7:31 AM
I liked Seismitoad when I first discovered him. Got pretty disenchanted with him because of the lack of Waterfall. Why are people so angry at this? Its Sp.Atk is exactly the same as its Atk. It'd be a waste to give him Waterfall over Surf actually :/

The Eleventh
20th May 2011, 3:17 PM
Why are people so angry at this? Its Sp.Atk is exactly the same as its Atk. It'd be a waste to give him Waterfall over Surf actually :/
Why not give it both like most other Water-types. It doesn't make sense not to give it Waterfall. If it can swim, why can't it pull itself up a cliff with cascading water?

Endoplasmic Reticulum
20th May 2011, 3:18 PM
I agree Seismitoed should learn Waterfall but it's special attack is the same as its physical attack so it is not that big of a deal

LexSuicune
20th May 2011, 7:50 PM
I think Seismitoad's design is amazing, all sorts of pervy frog.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
20th May 2011, 7:50 PM
I like its design. It makes it seem powerful

Silent Conversation
20th May 2011, 9:02 PM
I personally don't think Seismitoad learns Waterfall because I simply can't imagine a giant frog scaling up a waterfall.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
20th May 2011, 9:12 PM
But still, mechanics > realism. I'd rather they compromise the realism for a useful move.

It doesn't matter anyway, Seismitoed can be a special attacker and it can learn surf

PokemonOwn
20th May 2011, 9:14 PM
I don't care much for the big frog, to be honest.

Anyway, who thinks that Audino is a Chansey wannabe? It is going to be the next Chansey. However, it's not nearly as good.

Valoo.
20th May 2011, 9:17 PM
I personally don't think Seismitoad learns Waterfall because I simply can't imagine a giant frog scaling up a waterfall.
I couldn't imagine a universe creating llama-goat, but whaddya know.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
20th May 2011, 9:19 PM
It's not a wannabe, it's a homage. Much like most Unova Pokemon...

Silent Conversation
20th May 2011, 9:23 PM
I couldn't imagine a universe creating llama-goat, but whaddya know.

Well that has to do with creating the design of the Pokemon. Once the design it created, you can start imagining what it can and cannot do based on the design, and based on Seismitoad's design, I understand why it can't learn Waterfall.

Valoo.
20th May 2011, 9:28 PM
Well that has to do with creating the design of the Pokemon. Once the design it created, you can start imagining what it can and cannot do based on the design, and based on Seismitoad's design, I understand why it can't learn Waterfall.
Oh right, I get you now.

Silent Conversation
20th May 2011, 9:31 PM
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say you're on.

Valoo.
20th May 2011, 9:35 PM
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say you're on.
I'm not. Seriously.
Actually there's no way to tell so just take my word.

Silent Conversation
20th May 2011, 9:36 PM
Okay, I believe you, because there would be no more in you lying.

So, new topic - there were very few electric types this gen. Which one is your favourite?

Valoo.
20th May 2011, 9:39 PM
I'm not sure...I like Eelektross, but Galvantula is cool too.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
20th May 2011, 9:39 PM
Galvantula .

Hejiru
20th May 2011, 9:56 PM
They've both really cool designs/ideas. And they're not bad in battle, either.

Silent Conversation
20th May 2011, 10:05 PM
I prefer Galvantula's design to Eelektross, but when it comes to using a Pokemon in battle, I would go with Eelektross over Galvantula. Galvantula's stats are fairly mediocre, while Eelektross has some great stats. I will say that Galvantula has a better move set, though, considering it is dual type after all.

Lorde
20th May 2011, 10:09 PM
So, new topic - there were very few electric types this gen. Which one is your favourite?

Emolga. I love that flying Pachirisu so much. I just regret not having used one on my team yet. Those things aren't encountered until later in the games, and I already had Zebstrika as my main Electric-type in multiple games. I guess I've never felt the need to switch Pokemon at that stage in the games. Anyway, I remember when Emolga was revealed. It looked so amazing and I loved it immediately. It's my fifth favorite Pokemon introduced in Gen 5.

Silent Conversation
20th May 2011, 10:10 PM
Ugh, I hate Emolga. It has an okay typing, but that's all that I find to be good about it.

PokemonOwn
20th May 2011, 10:16 PM
I've always meant to use Emolga, and I'm going to use it in my next playthrough with Pawniard. I like it's typing, and it's massive speed is awesome.

DBK
20th May 2011, 10:33 PM
Eelectross for the WIN.

I do use Emolga from time to time, though.

Silent Conversation
20th May 2011, 10:34 PM
I feel like I wouldn't despise Emolga if I put it to practical use, but looking at it from an informative standpoint, I do not like it as of now.

Valoo.
20th May 2011, 10:35 PM
Elesa's Emolgas left a bad taste in my mouth.
I never used one after that.

Silent Conversation
20th May 2011, 10:36 PM
Yeah, Elesa's Emolgas scarred the name of Emolga forever.

Valoo.
20th May 2011, 10:39 PM
It will be added to the list of annoying Gym Leader Pokemon forever.
Along with Miltank, Watchog...and others.

Silent Conversation
20th May 2011, 10:40 PM
I actually never found Lenora's Watchog to be difficult. Maybe it was because I used a Sawk on my team when I battled Lenora, but I beat Lenora on my first try.

Miltank, on the other hand, is a totally different story...

Lorde
20th May 2011, 10:42 PM
Elesa's Emolgas left a bad taste in my mouth.

Did you taste them? I'm not a fan of Elesa's Emolgas, but I still love the species. I don't get why people dislike them, though. They aren't particularly powerful, but they're still decent enough to be used on a casual team. And have people seen Emolga in the anime? It's the most adorable thing in the world, next to Oshawott of course. I guess that Elesa has given Emolga a bad name :x

Valoo.
20th May 2011, 10:42 PM
Neither did I. Most people did though..

Yes I did taste it. It tasted of pinecones.

Silent Conversation
20th May 2011, 10:52 PM
I personally don't think that Emolga is all that cute. I mean, it's certainly not ugly, but compared to some Pokemon, it's mediocre.

Valoo.
20th May 2011, 10:54 PM
Cunchoo is by far the most adorable thing ever. And Oshawott.

Silent Conversation
20th May 2011, 10:55 PM
Cubchoo is very adorable. And Oshawott is okay - I still prefer Piplup cute wise.

DBK
20th May 2011, 10:57 PM
Cunchoo is by far the most adorable thing ever. And Oshawott.

Darumaka wants a word with you.

Silent Conversation
20th May 2011, 10:58 PM
I actually find Daramuka to look quite ugly. It has very ugly facial features and its overall body isn't really anything special.

Lorde
Cubchoo is very adorable. And Oshawott is okay - I still prefer Piplup cute wise.

Cubchoo is okay I guess. I don't think it's cute, but it isn't ugly either. It's certainly more appealing than Beartic, at least I think so.

And I'm very tempted to post a huge rant about how Oshawott is better than Piplup, but I'll save everyone the grief. I just think that Oshawott has more to offer than Piplup or any other Water-type Starter Pokemon. I didn't choose Oshawott on my main game, but that's because I wanted to try out the Grass Starter, which I hadn't done since the days of LeafGreen. But yeah, Oshawott gets all the fangirls.

Valoo.
I never thought of Piplup as cute.
Tepig is quite cute in the Anime.

Hejiru
20th May 2011, 10:59 PM
Cubchoo would be cute if it wasn't dripping snot...

Weaver_8
20th May 2011, 11:01 PM
Did you taste them? I'm not a fan of Elesa's Emolgas, but I still love the species. I don't get why people dislike them, though. They aren't particularly powerful, but they're still decent enough to be used on a casual team. And have people seen Emolga in the anime? It's the most adorable thing in the world, next to Oshawott of course. I guess that Elesa has given Emolga a bad name :x

Actually Elesa's Emolga's is what made me fall in love with the Pokemon species Emolga. They were the first Pokemon in the game to give me any kind of trouble.

Valoo.
The snot is adorable..sniffin it in and kickin its little legs

Darumaka is dead.

DBK
I actually find Daramuka to look quite ugly. It has very ugly facial features and its overall body isn't really anything special.

We're talking Darumaka here, not Darmanitan. It's cuteness is only beat out by Rufflet's.

Silent Conversation
And I'm very tempted to post a huge rant about how Oshawott is better than Piplup, but I'll save everyone the grief. I just think that Oshawott has more to offer than Piplup or any other Water-type Starter Pokemon. I didn't choose Oshawott on my main game, but that's because I wanted to try out the Grass Starter, which I hadn't done since the days of LeafGreen. But yeah, Oshawott gets all the fangirls.

Battle wise, I prefer Oshawott to Piplup (having used both). Appearance wise, it's the other way around.

Cubchoo would be cute if it wasn't dripping snot...

Is it strange that that's one of the things I find most cute about it?

Typhlosionvsworld
20th May 2011, 11:05 PM
I personally don't think that Emolga is all that cute. I mean, it's certainly not ugly, but compared to some Pokemon, it's mediocre.

Same here. Emolga just looks like it is trying to bite off of Pichu.

No, it doesn't. Darumaka looks like a chicken nugget.

Silent Conversation
20th May 2011, 11:06 PM
Same here. Emolga just looks like it is trying to bite off of Pichu.

I see it more as it is a Pachirisu trying to be a superhero but failing miserably at it.

Pokémon Trainer J
20th May 2011, 11:09 PM
http://imgboot.com/images/aragornbird/540.gifSewaddle is the cutest pokémon of them all

bippacooleth
20th May 2011, 11:09 PM
Darumaka is dead.

Is it bad that I literally laughed out loud at this? Haven't done that in a long time on the internet. I'm tired okay.

Cutest pokemon ever? Hands down Genesect Latias. Just look at its little face :3 (I seriously need sleep)

5th gen, probably.... Trubbish. Just, aw, just look at it, aww, little bag face awww

Lorde
20th May 2011, 11:10 PM
No, it doesn't. Darumaka looks like a chicken nugget.

You're making me hungry, But I don't think that Darumaka is that bad, appearance wise. It's no Oshawott, but it has a certain charm. I also loved it in battle, since it was so reliable. My Darumaka evolved into Darmanitan months ago, and it's become my most reliable Pokemon, aside from Simipour.

I see it more as it is a Pachirisu trying to be a superhero but failing miserably at it.

Someone actually posted a comic about that last Summer. I saved it on my computer, but the file got deleted when I restarted it. I'd love to see it again, though, if anyone has it.

Silent Conversation
20th May 2011, 11:12 PM
Someone actually posted a comic about that last Summer. I saved it on my computer, but the file got deleted when I restarted it. I'd love to see it again, though, if anyone has it.

LOL, I would love to read that. I love the concept of Emolga just being a superhero Pachirisu. It's funny and it kind of makes sense too :p

Weaver_8
20th May 2011, 11:15 PM
Don't anyone laugh about this... but I seriously think Eelektross is the cutest Pokemon this gen. I know it's a fully evolved Pokemon, and I know its a Lamprey, but its animation and the way it looks up at you soulfully... I just melt inside with the sheer cuteness of it.

Silent Conversation
20th May 2011, 11:17 PM
Don't worry, I've had many discussions with people concerning cuteness of Pokemon, and after some of those, I find being told Eelektross is cute to be quite rational.

Lorde
20th May 2011, 11:23 PM
LOL, I would love to read that. I love the concept of Emolga just being a superhero Pachirisu. It's funny and it kind of makes sense too :p

Found it: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=11510630&postcount=14921

I think it's supposed to be a Batman parody, but I can't be sure since I've never watched the movies. Anyway, I thought it was funny. I remember all the debates about Pachirisu's relation to Emolga. Those were good times.

Silent Conversation
20th May 2011, 11:25 PM
LOL, that was hilarious. Also, I'm not sure about its relation to Batman because I've never watched the movies either.

Weaver_8
20th May 2011, 11:30 PM
LOL, that was hilarious. Also, I'm not sure about its relation to Batman because I've never watched the movies either.

It is, I am quite familiar with both the movies and the comics. ITS BATSQUIRREL!

Silent Conversation
20th May 2011, 11:31 PM
It is, I am quite familiar with both the movies and the comics. ITS BATSQUIRREL!

Which makes me wonder why you can't get an Emolga by breeding a Crobat and a Pachirisu...

BCVM22
20th May 2011, 11:33 PM
I think it's supposed to be a Batman parody, but I can't be sure since I've never watched the movies.

Also, I'm not sure about its relation to Batman because I've never watched the movies either.

Oh dear.

Yes, people, it's a Batman parody. What are they teaching you kids in school these days?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman#Fictional_character_biography

Weaver_8
20th May 2011, 11:37 PM
Oh dear.

Yes, people, it's a Batman parody. What are they teaching you kids in school these days?

Marvel mostly 8D

Personally I prefer DC actually.

Silent Conversation
20th May 2011, 11:41 PM
Oh dear.

Not about Batman, that's for sure :p

Typhlosionvsworld
20th May 2011, 11:42 PM
Emolga will never be Batman! The dude is supposed to be serious and violent, but Emolga has a smile on its face.

Silent Conversation
20th May 2011, 11:43 PM
But who said that it smiles all the time...?

Weaver_8
20th May 2011, 11:50 PM
But who said that it smiles all the time...?

That's right. He only smiles when he's pretending to be a playboy... playsquirrel? Anyway, at night that is when he shows who he really is.
... Hes Batsquirrel...

Typhlosionvsworld
20th May 2011, 11:51 PM
That's right. He only smiles when he's pretending to be a playboy... playsquirrel? Anyway, at night that is when he shows who he really is.
... Hes Batsquirrel...

He comes in the night to defeat his worst enemy... Mr. Mime.

Silent Conversation
20th May 2011, 11:54 PM
This sounds like the plot of a movie that would be far more entertaining than Batman.

Typhlosionvsworld
20th May 2011, 11:55 PM
This sounds like the plot of a movie that would be far more entertaining than Batman.

It would be cheesy yet very entertaining. And his sidekick would be...

Weaver_8
20th May 2011, 11:58 PM
It would be cheesy yet very entertaining. And his sidekick would be...

TAILOW! The Bird Wonder!

Profesco
21st May 2011, 12:00 AM
TAILOW! The Bird Wonder!

Augh! I was going to say exactly that! DX

srullic
21st May 2011, 8:27 AM
http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/8630/flyingsquirell.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/683/flyingsquirell.jpg/)

BCVM22
21st May 2011, 9:02 AM
Pretty sure no one was at all unaware as to what animal Emolga is.

s2daam
21st May 2011, 9:08 AM
By the way.. wasn't that new magazine supposed to be out today with the announcement of the new game?

Sakrey
21st May 2011, 9:23 AM
It is out. And It seems that the only information about a potential new game is some battrio stuff...
/:

PokemonOwn
21st May 2011, 9:53 AM
By the way.. wasn't that new magazine supposed to be out today with the announcement of the new game?

It can't be, it's the end of the world!

Oh, and if anyone's played Yu-Gi-Oh, be ashamed, you should know Emolga looks like:

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090220172517/yugioh/images/thumb/a/ad/NimbleMomongaCP02-EN-SR-UE.jpg/300px-NimbleMomongaCP02-EN-SR-UE.jpghttp://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080517030655/yugioh/images/thumb/d/d9/NimbleMusasabiLODT-EN-R-1E.png/300px-NimbleMusasabiLODT-EN-R-1E.png

Anyway, what did everybody think of Vullaby's design? It was... A... Fat... Vulture XD

streetlightdsb
21st May 2011, 10:05 AM
Drapion is Poison/Dark and purple so Toxicroak must be either of them, Skorupi is Poison/Bug and related to Drapion so Croak may also be Bug, Heracross is a Bug/Fighting and bipedal just like Toxicroak so it totally is a Bug-type or maybe Fighting, it's also used in Rain teams and recovers health taking Water attacks just like Vaporeon so it must be a Water-type... wait what was its typing again. Well there's a lot of purple on it. Or is it blue.

No seriously, that's my logic pattern whenever I see a Toxicroak. I almost wish Lucario had Dry Skin instead so it would still outclass Croak and I'd never see its ugly face in OU.

I guess it's hard to recall because it commonly carries Sucker Punch, making you think it's dark? Just remember it as being 4x weak to Psychic. Then you can easily deduce that it's Poison/Fighting because that's all Psychic is good against.

Silent Conversation
21st May 2011, 4:14 PM
Anyway, what did everybody think of Vullaby's design? It was... A... Fat... Vulture XD

I kind of liked Vullaby's design. It kind of reminded me of those scenes in children movies where that really intimidating talking bird would come (which in this case would be Mandibuzz) along with a bunch of its children (which would be Vullabys).

Mister_SGG
21st May 2011, 4:20 PM
Found it: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=11510630&postcount=14921

I think it's supposed to be a Batman parody, but I can't be sure since I've never watched the movies. Anyway, I thought it was funny. I remember all the debates about Pachirisu's relation to Emolga. Those were good times.

The Zoroark with the Remoraid...

Pokemon Trainer Blue
21st May 2011, 4:36 PM
Anyone else prefer Dewott and Samurott over their evolutions? I really wish they looked more like their second evos.

Paradoxe
21st May 2011, 7:18 PM
Anyone else prefer Dewott and Samurott over their evolutions? I really wish they looked more like their second evos.

You mean more like Dewott...?

Grei
21st May 2011, 7:28 PM

As much as I love how Dewott looks, I really love Samurott's design. I actually love the designs of all three final Starter evos. So I disagree.

Paradoxe
21st May 2011, 7:31 PM
I think they're running out of ideas for Starters. Emboar is a Grumpig on fire, and Serperior is a grass Seviper. The only original one is Samurott, but I think it's one of the worst designed starters.

Valoo.
21st May 2011, 7:35 PM
Whenit was first revealed, I didn't like Samurott as Dewott's evolution. I would have rathered to have a big otter as Dewott's evo, and have Samurott as a slightly changed standalone.
Now, however, I love Samurott.

I think they're running out of ideas for Starters. Emboar is a Grumpig on fire, and Serperior is a grass Seviper. The only original one is Samurott, but I think it's one of the worst designed starters.
Charizard was an orange dragon. Feraligatr was an alligator. Blastoise was a turtle.

Grei
21st May 2011, 7:44 PM

Before you make posts so ignorant, I suggest you know what the hell you're talking about.

Designing the Unova Pokemon was different than designing other gens, because the design team was told specifically to just draw what they liked, without regard for past designs. They utilized no previous designs in making these new ones, so your claims that Emboar is a copy of Grumpig's design is completely false and rather asinine.

Also, there is nothing in Samurott's design that makes it poor. It's a sea lion combined with a samurai. The idea that it has "one of the worst designs" is entirely subjective and arbitrary, so I would suggest not throwing your opinions around as if they are some form of fact.

Furthermore, they are clearly not running out of ideas, for the fact that there are millions of animal species not yet used, and that not a single design in the Unova region is alike with a previous design. Some Pokemon like Pachirisu and Emolga have similar designs, but they have numerous differences that set them apart through their typing, stats, attacks, even various design traits.

Again, rather than making a post with such a bold and yet idiotic claim, how about you make sure you know what you're talking about first, eh? Surely you didn't know any background on any of this, lest you wouldn't have make such a ridiculous post.

Pokemon Trainer Blue
21st May 2011, 11:11 PM
I meant to say Servine instead of Samurott...

Mangoes
21st May 2011, 11:32 PM
Before you make posts so ignorant, I suggest you know what the hell you're talking about.

It's a game, and please don't get so worked up over someone's opinion. It makes you seem rude and annoying, tbh.

The idea that it has "one of the worst designs" is entirely subjective and arbitrary, so I would suggest not throwing your opinions around as if they are some form of fact.

Of course it's subjective, that's why he said 'in my opinion', he didn't claim it as fact, even though I find it a bit hypocritical that you don't like people using their opinions as fact when ...

Also, there is nothing in Samurott's design that makes it poor.

Opinion stated as fact. I happen to dislike the coloring and beard.

Again, rather than making a post with such a bold and yet idiotic claim, how about you make sure you know what you're talking about first, eh? Surely you didn't know any background on any of this, lest you wouldn't have make such a ridiculous post.

Getting upset over a stranger's opinion on the internet and lashing out is a sign of bad character. I'm sure most people agree.

BCVM22
21st May 2011, 11:42 PM
Getting upset over a stranger's opinion on the internet and lashing out is a sign of bad character.

However, getting tired of people posting the same crap about "I didn't like these Pokémon, they suck!" over and over again, especially eight months after we got the whole bestiary, is not. Particularly when the complaints are the same worn out, unsupportable muck ("they're running out of ideas") or don't make any sense at all, as Grumpig/Emboar and Seviper/Serperior don't actually share that much in common besides a base animal.

Furthermore, opinions are not infallible, are not invulnernable to criticism and can in fact be wrong by way of being ill-conceived and unsupportable.

Mangoes
21st May 2011, 11:55 PM
However, getting tired of people posting the same crap about "I didn't like these Pokémon, they suck!" over and over again, especially eight months after we got the whole bestiary, is not. Particularly when the complaints are the same worn out, unsupportable muck ("they're running out of ideas") or don't make any sense at all, as Grumpig/Emboar and Seviper/Serperior don't actually share that much in common besides a base animal

Getting tired is one thing, saying rude things and using bad language is another. If you get tired of them saying it, tell them why they're wrong, engage them in a debate, or better yet, just ignore it, that'd all be better than lashing out and being rude.

Furthermore, opinions are not infallible, are not invulnernable to criticism and can in fact be wrong by way of being ill-conceived and unsupportable

I'm pretty sure I never said they were.

BCVM22
21st May 2011, 11:59 PM
If you get tired of them saying it, tell them why they're wrong, engage them in a debate, or better yet, just ignore it, that'd all be better than lashing out and being rude.

That's what the last eight months have been. You'll have to forgive people if they're a wee bit tired of being diplomatic about things at this point.

Silent Conversation
22nd May 2011, 12:03 AM

If you mean Dewott vs. Samurott, then I prefer Dewott's design. Everybody seems to like Samurott's design, but I don't like it very much. An upright, nicely coloured Pokemon looks better to me than a really wide, kind of deformed Pokemon on four legs.