PDA

View Full Version : Official Pokemon Discussion Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55

Zibdas
29th May 2011, 1:54 AM
Let's change the subject to the monkeys. Who agrees with me when I say

What the hell was Nintendo thinking?!

Actually, it was Gamefreak.

Mister_SGG
29th May 2011, 1:55 AM
Actually, it was Gamefreak.

That's what I said.

Skydra
29th May 2011, 1:55 AM
Simisage and Simipour are okay.

That's what I said.
Your post clearly said "Nintendo" before you edited it and claimed nothing happened.

Mister_SGG
29th May 2011, 1:57 AM
Simisage and Simipour are okay.

They're still... bleh. I'll never like them for a handful of reasons.

Your post clearly said "Nintendo" before you edited it and claimed nothing happened.

Whatever are you talking about?

Typhlosionvsworld
29th May 2011, 1:57 AM
Pansear is so incredibly weak and suckish when you recieve it. Simisear and Simipour are hideous.... >3<

Very true. When I saw the below picture, I almost screamed

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/d/da/Simisear_anime.png

Zibdas
29th May 2011, 1:58 AM
That's what I said.

I'm sure it was.

SphealsFTW
29th May 2011, 1:59 AM
Very true. When I saw the below picture, I almost screamed

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/d/da/Simisear_anime.png
It's actually not that bad-looking in the anime. In the game, however.... ugh

Mister_SGG
29th May 2011, 1:59 AM
I'm sure it was.

Mhm. Anyway, Imma change the subject again. Whaddaya think of Eelektross?

Geekachu
29th May 2011, 2:00 AM
I just find Simisear and Simipour really ugly... The way that Simisear has this ugly baby bump towards the bottom of its torso, it's just generally ugly. And I'm getting used to them but at first I thought Simipour's dreadlocks looked awful- not to mention its really lazily designed bib thing. It's a shame because I really like all 3 Pans.

It also annoyed me how they were gimmicks for the triple/rotation battles, yet there were about 2/3 triple battles in the whole game, but everyone and their dog seemed to have one of the elemental monkeys.

EDIT: And to keep up I found Eelektross to be quite a nice twist on an eel, which for me wasn't too ridiculous or stupid. It was really cool, not to mention its prevo, Eelektrik has one of the best names (it's almost as if they designed the Pokemon around the name hehe), in general I thought it was cool.

SphealsFTW
29th May 2011, 2:01 AM
Mhm. Anyway, Imma change the subject again. Whaddaya think of Eelektross?
I don't like the way it looks. Especially its shiny form >3<. Tynamo is pretty average I guess. Elektrik is pretty cool though :3.

Typhlosionvsworld
29th May 2011, 2:02 AM
Levitate makes it unstoppable.

Mister_SGG
29th May 2011, 2:02 AM
It also annoyed me how they were gimmicks for the triple/rotation battles, yet there were about 2/3 triple battles in the whole game, but everyone and their dog seemed to have one of the elemental monkeys.

Yes. That is something that should be in Gray, more originality between the Trainers & their Pokemon.

I don't like the way it looks. Especially its shiny form >3<. Tynamo is pretty average I guess. Elektrik is pretty cool though :3.

Tynamo has such an epic name.

SphealsFTW
29th May 2011, 2:03 AM
Levitate makes it unstoppable.
I didn't even realize that it had Levitate... Doesn't it stand on the floor in the game...? o_o

Mister_SGG
29th May 2011, 2:04 AM
I didn't even realize that it had Levitate... Doesn't it stand on the floor in the game...? o_o

Yes... while frikking dancing. Like, seriously, wtf?

http://imgboot.com/images/aragornbird/604.gif

Typhlosionvsworld
29th May 2011, 2:06 AM
I like how B/W sprites never stop moving.

Geekachu
29th May 2011, 2:07 AM
Well it hops around a bit :S That's what I was going to say, I think it has one of the best sprites in BW, the way it hops around from fin to fin, and jumps up and down. Also its DW artwork is quite awesome. I think their levitate ability is in a way like they can swim in air like an eel would swim in water (especially Tynamo), if that makes sense :S

Mister_SGG
I like how B/W sprites never stop moving.

It is pretty cool, but wouldn't it mean they can't make new sprites for the Pokemon in future games?

SphealsFTW
Yes... while frikking dancing. Like, seriously, wtf?

http://imgboot.com/images/aragornbird/604.gif
LOL, Gamefreak, youz tr0llin!

Well it hops around a bit :S That's what I was going to say, I think it has one of the best sprites in BW, the way it hops around from fin to fin, and jumps up and down. Also its DW artwork is quite awesome. I think their levitate ability is in a way like they can swim in air like an eel would swim in water (especially Tynamo), if that makes sense :S
Tynamo with levitate makes sense to me. Elektross just seems like a weird electric land shark creature thing to me o3o

Typhlosionvsworld
29th May 2011, 2:08 AM
It is pretty cool, but wouldn't it mean they can't make new sprites for the Pokemon in future games?

They can give it a different original pose.

Mister_SGG
29th May 2011, 2:08 AM
They can give it a different original pose.

Huh. Stupid me.

Geekachu
29th May 2011, 2:09 AM
Give it some maracas and a sombrero and let it go the whole way with its dancing

Typhlosionvsworld
29th May 2011, 2:10 AM
Give it some maracas and a sombrero and let it go the whole way with its dancing

And its cry would be "Ole!"

Mister_SGG
29th May 2011, 2:11 AM
That's a pretty stupid animation, it makes it much less threatening.

SphealsFTW
29th May 2011, 2:11 AM
Speaking of moving sprites, I love how you can see so many gen 1-4 bug Pokemon's wings. Like Kricketune, I didn't even know it had wings!

Mister_SGG
29th May 2011, 2:12 AM
Speaking of moving sprites, I love how you can see so many gen 1-4 bug Pokemon's wings. Like Kricketune, I didn't even know it had wings!

I didn't at first either, but I did in Platinum.

Typhlosionvsworld
29th May 2011, 2:13 AM
I like how Zibstrika turns yellow with electricity.

SphealsFTW
29th May 2011, 2:17 AM
I like how Zibstrika turns yellow with electricity.
I also love Zebstrika's cry. Makes it seem so epic and fierce.

Typhlosionvsworld
29th May 2011, 2:18 AM
I also love Zebstrika's cry. Makes it seem so epic and fierce.

Me too! The generation V cries are good.

SphealsFTW
29th May 2011, 2:20 AM
Me too! The generation V cries are good.
It seems like with every new gen, the pokemons' cries become more... animal like? Unlike gen 1, where most of the cries sounded like random computer noises o_o.

Typhlosionvsworld
29th May 2011, 2:22 AM
It seems like with every new gen, the pokemons' cries become more... animal like? Unlike gen 1, where most of the cries sounded like random computer noises o_o.

I like Luxray's cry.

KickAsh
29th May 2011, 3:33 AM
So new topic, what is your favorite Rock type this gen?
For me, it's Gigalith.

Cassiopeia
29th May 2011, 3:39 AM
For me, it's Gigalith.

ARCHEOPS FTW!!!! /fangirl scream

Skydra
29th May 2011, 3:41 AM
For me, it's Gigalith.

Same. Archeoptyrexes and turtles can't compare to big monsters with crystals sticking out of them (not sarcastic).

Edit: Oh yeah, and musketeer cows and crabs carrying sedimentary layers.

SphealsFTW
29th May 2011, 3:55 AM
I don't really like Rock types but I'll have to say Dwebble :P.

RegiGuy
29th May 2011, 4:27 AM
I think that Terrakion is the best Rock type this gen.

mario_fan
29th May 2011, 5:17 AM
Out of all the rock types i would have to go with Terrakion his eyes look all "Yu-Gi-Oh" like well at least in his sugimori art

King Lawliet
29th May 2011, 5:56 AM
Yeah Terrakion is pretty boss but asides that, no Rock types this gen is pretty memorable for me

The Z
29th May 2011, 6:04 AM
Maybe my choice is Terrakion because he has Fighting-Type

Chimchar15
29th May 2011, 7:11 AM
Yeah I'm going to say Gigalith as well he's too awesome to describe.

Geekachu
29th May 2011, 10:52 AM
Archeops. I was recently training one and it's wonderful. Who gives a hoo-ha about its ability when its Attack, Speed and to a lesser extent Sp.A are brilliant.

Grey Wind
29th May 2011, 2:22 PM
I don't normally like Rock types, but Gigalith is awesome.

RegiGuy
29th May 2011, 3:25 PM
My favorite Ground type this gen would have to be Landorus, I love his base stats.

rykerr1
29th May 2011, 3:38 PM
I love Archeops. Despite his horrible ability, he looks awesome and has great stats.

Silent Conversation
29th May 2011, 4:36 PM
I would definitely go with Archeops. Fantastic stats, and it is so powerful and fast that its ability doesn't even activate all that much, because you beat your opponents before they can get you under 50% HP. Plus, rock/flying is a really cool type.

Toge Tamer
29th May 2011, 4:41 PM
Crustle for me. Solo'd the E4 in a Nuzlocke Challenge. :3

Typhlosionvsworld
29th May 2011, 4:47 PM
Archeops FTW. I'm still trying to figure out a way to put its ability to use, though

Mister_SGG
29th May 2011, 4:57 PM

I'd have to say Archeops or Gigalith. They're both pretty sick.

RegiGuy
29th May 2011, 5:03 PM
I like the Archeops @ Flying Gem combo with Acrobatics, which almost guarantees a OHKO with a pokemon that's weak against a flying attack.

Mister_SGG
29th May 2011, 5:08 PM
I like the Archeops @ Flying Gem combo with Acrobatics, which almost guarantees a OHKO with a pokemon that's weak against a flying attack.

And when the Flying Gem is gone, Acrobatics still does tons of damage.

RegiGuy
29th May 2011, 5:10 PM
And when the Flying Gem is gone, Acrobatics still does tons of damage.
Exactly, that's what I mean.

Mister_SGG
29th May 2011, 5:11 PM
Exactly, that's what I mean.

Yeah, it just wasn't in your post... so... I added that.

Witchan
29th May 2011, 5:17 PM
I sort of like Carracosta since it has two unique abilities.

Typhlosionvsworld
29th May 2011, 5:18 PM
Personally, I think a lot of Gen V pokemon look silly.

nutter229944
29th May 2011, 5:19 PM
i have found that it has taken me a lot longer to learn the new pokemons names and evolution, etc and i think that they should have had linking pokemon, rather than just starting fresh.

Finally i believe that tauros and boffaulent will get the same pre evo

RegiGuy
29th May 2011, 5:19 PM
I think Garbodor's design is atrocious.

Mister_SGG
29th May 2011, 5:20 PM
I sort of like Carracosta since it has two unique abilities.

What are you smoking? None of his abilities are unique.

Sturdy - too many Pokemon have this.

Solid Rock - Camerupt & Rhyperior can also have this.

Swift Swim - A lot.

Join the club.

Typhlosionvsworld
29th May 2011, 5:23 PM

The design isn't the only thing on it that's atrocious.

Silent Conversation
29th May 2011, 5:24 PM

I don't. They're from two different species, and there's no animal that's an offspring of the two of them.

Typhlosionvsworld
29th May 2011, 5:26 PM
What B/W starter did you chose?

The Eleventh
29th May 2011, 5:27 PM
Why? Aside from appearance, they're quite different. Tauros can only be male, while Bouffalant can be male or female.

PS: Your signature is extremely tall and will probably result in a strike.

Mister_SGG

At first I wanted to pick Snivy, but I was dissapointed by Serperior's stats & went with Oshawott.

Typhlosionvsworld
Why? Aside from appearance, they're quite different. Tauros can only be male, while Bouffalant can be male or female.

Obviously, he never heard of the sig check thread

Cassiopeia
29th May 2011, 5:29 PM

I think there was a discussion about this about a hundred pages ago. I believe Tauros is a bull (male cow) and Bouffalant is a buffalo. And male cow/=buffalo.

The Eleventh
29th May 2011, 5:29 PM
I chose Oshawott, although I do like the others, its my favourite.

Typhlosionvsworld
29th May 2011, 5:30 PM
I would've chosen Oshawott if I had the game...

Mister_SGG
29th May 2011, 5:31 PM
New subject already. Do you like Zen Mode or Standard Mode Darmanitan better?

Obviously, he never heard of the sig check thread

Obviously, you never heard of staying on topic.

Silent Conversation
29th May 2011, 5:33 PM
Zen Mode, because I prefer special attackers to physical attackers, and Zen Mode can utilize Flamethrower a lot better than Standard Mode can.

Typhlosionvsworld
29th May 2011, 5:33 PM
Standard mode. Zen mode sucks, period.

The Eleventh
29th May 2011, 5:34 PM
New subject already. Do you like Zen Mode or Standard Mode Darmanitan better?
I prefer standard Darmanitan. I find Zen Mode risky, and anyway, with normal Darmanitan, you can do a lot. It's got fantastic Attack and a movepool to support.

Typhlosionvsworld
29th May 2011, 5:35 PM
Ok, so what do you guys think of Braviary and Mandibuzz? I like Braviary better.

Witchan
29th May 2011, 5:36 PM
Zen Mode's freaking useless. I mean, Sheer Force is infinite times better for Christ sake.

Mister_SGG
29th May 2011, 5:37 PM
Ok, so what do you guys think of Braviary and Mandibuzz? I like Braviary better.

Mandibuzz is ugly, but its name is sick.

Zen Mode's freaking useless. I mean, Sheer Force is infinite times better for Christ sake.

I agree.

Typhlosionvsworld
29th May 2011, 5:38 PM
I thought Mandibuzz was the English name for one of the Bug types...

Witchan
29th May 2011, 5:39 PM
I like both birds, but Braviary's better, despite not having enough moves to abuse Sheer Force.

The Eleventh
29th May 2011, 5:41 PM
I prefer Braviary. I just think Mandibuzz is quite ugly.

I thought Mandibuzz was the English name for one of the Bug types...
It does sound like a Bug-type name, doesn't it? "Mandible" and "buzz" doesn't cause one to think of a vulture (well, at least "buzz" doesn't).

Typhlosionvsworld
29th May 2011, 5:42 PM
Who do you think is better: Accelgor or Escavelier?

Mister_SGG
29th May 2011, 5:43 PM
It does sound like a Bug-type name, doesn't it? "Mandible" and "buzz" doesn't cause one to think of a vulture (well, at least "buzz" doesn't).

I think Mandibuzz came from buzzard.

Escavalier looks sick & its stronger.

Typhlosionvsworld
29th May 2011, 5:43 PM
I think Mandibuzz came from buzzard.

That explains a lot.

Mister_SGG
29th May 2011, 5:45 PM
That explains a lot.

Is that sarcasm? This is a buzzard:

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSTN-8R-tYJHGrZcNO85OJR910UFGkShOkKGmWgKx6nBv6YL25s

Typhlosionvsworld
29th May 2011, 5:45 PM
Is that sarcasm? This is a buzzard:

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSTN-8R-tYJHGrZcNO85OJR910UFGkShOkKGmWgKx6nBv6YL25s

I was serious. I'm not that cynical.

The Eleventh
29th May 2011, 5:46 PM
I prefer Escavalier. It has the highest Attack of all Bug-types and Steel-types, and has an interesting design.

Typhlosionvsworld
29th May 2011, 5:47 PM
I prefer Accelgor, because I usually base my teams on Speed. Plus, the rest of its stats are good as well.

Geekachu
29th May 2011, 5:51 PM
I love normal Sheer Force Darmanitan. In white if I couldn't defeat anything I'd just send it out. It's got pretty mediocre defense, if not a bit bad, however it's amazing attack and I'd say good speed help back it up. I only decided to have it because I hated the other early on fire type, Simisear, and Darmanitan was a fantastic choice.

Typhlosionvsworld
29th May 2011, 5:53 PM
Ok, so Intimidate Gyarados or Moxie Gyarados?

Witchan
29th May 2011, 5:53 PM
I like Escavelier better. I don't mind the Speed stat since I love Trick Room sets.

Oh, and Intimidate Gyarados is better since he can use it to take heavy advantage of Dragon Dance.

Typhlosionvsworld
29th May 2011, 5:55 PM
Yeah, I like intimidate better to help defense.

Geekachu
29th May 2011, 5:56 PM
I like Escavelier better. I don't mind the Speed stat since I love Trick Room sets.

Oh, and Intimidate Gyarados is better since he can use it to take heavy advantage of Dragon Dance.

Wouldn't Moxie be better to take advantage of Dragon Dance, since it raises Attack and all? Or are you thinking of a defensive perspective :S

Typhlosionvsworld
29th May 2011, 5:56 PM
Wouldn't Moxie be better to take advantage of Dragon Dance, since it raises Attack and all? Or are you thinking of a defensive perspective :S

I think he means for defense.

Geekachu
29th May 2011, 5:58 PM
I think he means for defense.

But Dragon Dance raises Attack and Speed, so surely a Moxie Gyarados who can raise it's attack even more would be able to make better use of Dragon Dance

The Eleventh
29th May 2011, 5:59 PM
Intimidate Gyarados, definitely. To take advantage of Moxie, you'll have to stay out in battle for a while, but Intimidate activates immediately, so you'll last longer, and can swap out without having to worry about losing boosts.

Typhlosionvsworld
29th May 2011, 5:59 PM
But Dragon Dance raises Attack and Speed, so surely a Moxie Gyarados who can raise it's attack even more would be able to make better use of Dragon Dance

I think it is supposed to be that Gyarados will survive an attack when it uses Dragon Dance.

Witchan
29th May 2011, 6:00 PM

I was thinking about defensive perspectives of using Intimidate and Dragon Dance as a deadly combo since I always use it in serious battles. Too bad it doesn't work on someone with Electric-type moves and sometimes Rock-type moves.

Typhlosionvsworld
29th May 2011, 6:01 PM
New Topic! Blaziken with Speed Boost? I'm happy because it is just plain slow.

RegiGuy
29th May 2011, 6:02 PM
I like Moxie a little better than Intimidate because Moxie's boosts stay with you until you switch out, but Intimidate you can't control how long it lasts.

Geekachu
29th May 2011, 6:05 PM
New Topic! Blaziken with Speed Boost? I'm happy because it is just plain slow.

I don't get why they gave Blaziken that DW abilty. And am I right in thinking Charizard's is Solar Power? These Pokemon have weeeeird dreams.

Typhlosionvsworld
29th May 2011, 6:06 PM
I don't get why they gave Blaziken that DW abilty. And am I right in thinking Charizard's is Solar Power? These Pokemon have weeeeird dreams.

Definitely. It seems kinda invasive to go into your Pokemon's dreams.

Geekachu
29th May 2011, 6:08 PM
Definitely. It seems kinda invasive to go into your Pokemon's dreams.

I wonder what a Stunfisk would dream of... Probably just mud. And sometimes water, but mainly mud. Criticize Stunfisk all you want, but I really love it when in his sprite animation he seems to start laughing. It's quite cute for a little dab/general weirdness.

Typhlosionvsworld
29th May 2011, 6:09 PM
I wonder what a Stunfisk would dream of... Probably just mud. And sometimes water, but mainly mud. Criticize Stunfisk all you want, but I really love it when in his sprite animation he seems to start laughing. It's quite cute for a little dab/general weirdness.

Yeah, Stunfisk is actually a decent pokemon.

Witchan
29th May 2011, 6:10 PM
Blaziken with Speed Boost is a killer. Too bad it's illegal with Thunderpunch.

Typhlosionvsworld
29th May 2011, 6:11 PM
Blaziken with Speed Boost is a killer. Too bad it's illegal with Thunderpunch.

Yeah, move tutors need to be brought back.

RegiGuy
29th May 2011, 6:20 PM
I actually have a pretty good feeling they'll be brought back in the later games, like Platinum and HGSS. So we'll see some move tutors, maybe not the same exact moves like in the 4th gen, but they'll be there. Maybe some of their moves they'll offer will be old 4th gen TMs like Stealth Rock and Dark Pulse or something like that.

Typhlosionvsworld
29th May 2011, 6:22 PM
I actually have a pretty good feeling they'll be brought back in the later games, like Platinum and HGSS. So we'll see some move tutors, maybe not the same exact moves like in the 4th gen, but they'll be there. Maybe some of their moves they'll offer will be old 4th gen TMs like Stealth Rock and Dark Pulse or something like that.

I would like that, because no TM Dark Pulse= Unhappy Hydregion

edit: Rank Up!!!

Witchan
29th May 2011, 6:22 PM
Yeah, move tutors need to be brought back.

Agreed. I hope Pokemon Gray (or whatever it's called) have move tutors and if so, then I hope they have awesome moves such as Flare Blitz and Recover.

Typhlosionvsworld
29th May 2011, 6:23 PM
Agreed. I hope Pokemon Gray (or whatever it's called) have move tutors and if so, then I hope they have awesome moves such as Flare Blitz and Recover.

Yeah. The punches are some of the best moves and need to be brought back.

RegiGuy
29th May 2011, 6:34 PM
The punches are definitely going to be brought back, they were brought back in the 3rd gen with Emerald, the 4th gen with Platinum, so why not the 5th gen with Gray(or whatever).

The Eleventh
29th May 2011, 6:36 PM
I would like that, because no TM Dark Pulse= Unhappy Hydregion

edit: Rank Up!!!
You can have a Dark Pulse Hydreigon by sending over a Gyarados, Seviper, Ekans or Arbok that knows the move from Gen IV, and then breed. Although it does mean that you can't have Earth Power and Dark Pulse on the same Hydreigon.

The punches are definitely going to be brought back, they were brought back in the 3rd gen with Emerald, the 4th gen with Platinum, so why not the 5th gen with Gray(or whatever).
Or the RSE remakes. (:

Typhlosionvsworld
29th May 2011, 6:36 PM
You can have a Dark Pulse Hydreigon by sending over a Gyarados, Seviper, Ekans or Arbok that knows the move from Gen IV, and then breed. Although it does mean that you can't have Earth Power and Dark Pulse on the same Hydreigon.

You can breed the Gyarados that has Earth Power as well.

RegiGuy
29th May 2011, 6:43 PM
Yeah, but where are you going to get 64 BP to teach a Gyarados Earth Power?

Typhlosionvsworld
29th May 2011, 6:45 PM
Yeah, but where are you going to get 64 BP to teach a Gyarados Earth Power?

You teach it Earth Power before you transfer.

RegiGuy
29th May 2011, 6:46 PM
Oh, whoops. I guess I missed that. New topic, what pokemon's shiny form do you think is the best this gen. I like Garbodor's because it's very... colorful.

Typhlosionvsworld
29th May 2011, 6:48 PM
I like Zekrom's because blue is a cool color.

KickAsh
29th May 2011, 7:15 PM
I'd have to say Archeops or Gigalith. They're both pretty sick.
Yeah, Gigalith is my favorite aesthetically, but I do really like Archeops, too.

Accelgor, for so many reasons. I like it's design more than Escavalier's. I prefer Accelgor's ability, Hydration, just because I think it's neat. I also like how Accelgor is ninja-based, but also a bug. That combination is really cool. Finally, I can't mention Accelgor without raving about it's awesome Speed. I think a really fast Pokemon is just cool, in general. And a base 145 Speed stat is only outsped by 4 Pokemon, and 3 of those Pokemon are Deoxys. So the ultra-fast ninja bug Pokemon is easily better than Escavalier, imo. In fact, Accelgor is one of my all-time favorite Pokemon.

Well, since Stunfisk's ability is Sand Veil, it probably dreams of sandstorms.
And upon learning that Stunfisk gets Sand Veil, I have a sudden desire to use one on a sandstorm team.

Oh, whoops. I guess I missed that. New topic, what pokemon's shiny form do you think is the best this gen. I like Garbodor's because it's very... colorful.
My favorite is Golurk. That is neat shiny. I love it. I love the grey it takes on, and the lime green coloring it has. Mmmmhmmm.
Yeah I really love shiny Golett/Golurk.
I also like shiny Scolipede. Scolipedes look good in red.

Typhlosionvsworld
29th May 2011, 7:18 PM
New Topic: Zebstrika or Electross? Zebstrika for me.

King Lawliet
29th May 2011, 7:34 PM
I quite like the pink Virizion (http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/640.shtml), Litwick (http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/607.shtml) and Chandelure (http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/608.shtml) and Golett (http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/622.shtml) is quite good as well.

Still the worse this Generation would be Krookodile (http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/553.shtml)

But the best of all time simply just has to be Garchomp's... (http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/445.shtml)yeah...

Two posts and then a new topic? Seriously?

mario_fan
29th May 2011, 7:37 PM
New topic, what pokemon's shiny form do you think is the best this gen. I like Garbodor's because it's very... colorful.
I like druddigon it's so green!! I also like male jellicent because it's the greenest ghost shiny ( I like green shinys)
but aside from green shinys I like bisharps shiny form

out of zebstrika vs electross
It would have to be electross
because its a flying eel!
you can tell the creators just wanted another pokemon with no weakness. If game freak really wanted an eel pokemon it would be Water/electric pokemon that didn't have the ability levitate

Paradoxe
29th May 2011, 7:47 PM

Gigalith, even though I don't like it in general.

Geekachu
29th May 2011, 7:48 PM
Two posts and then a new topic? Seriously?

I know we're getting through topics like Lindsay Lohan gets through court hearings* T.T

*excuse me I couldn't think of a good similie at the time

SphealsFTW
29th May 2011, 8:03 PM
Every pokemon in my signature.

Zebstrika. I think we already discussed why I dislike Elektross ;P.

KickAsh
29th May 2011, 8:05 PM
I agree, let's slow down with the topic changing.
So, keeping with the discussion of best shiny, I also would like to say shiny Bisharp has a really nice shade of blue, and it looks good with some yellow coloring.

But if we must discuss something new so soon...

Eelektross, because of Levitate, which blesses it with no weaknesses, a perk shared with only two other Pokemon. And also because it doesn't suck, like Zebstrika.

rocky505
29th May 2011, 10:55 PM
Was anyone else very disappointed in Serperior's movepool? I mean it sucks in game to me because it mainly learns grass moves and nothing else hardly. If dragon pulse was still a TM i would probably like it more though.

Geekachu
29th May 2011, 11:00 PM
Was anyone else very disappointed in Serperior's movepool? I mean it sucks in game to me because it mainly learns grass moves and nothing else hardly. If dragon pulse was still a TM i would probably like it more though.

Not to mention that its main asset is its Speed, and then defensive stats. That's what mainly put me off choosing Snivy in the end. I chose Oshawott, and Samurott is a very nice rounded Pokemon

rocky505
29th May 2011, 11:06 PM
Yeah it is a defensive pokemon but it has moves to up it's attacking stats (Coil,SD,Calm Mind). I mean even Meganium is better than it.

Ultimate Glalie
30th May 2011, 12:03 AM
At least it'll be much better when its Dream World ability is released.

SphealsFTW
30th May 2011, 12:05 AM
Exactly why I chose Tepig in White and Mijumaru in Black...

rocky505
30th May 2011, 12:09 AM
At least it'll be much better when its Dream World ability is released. Not really. there are pokemon out there that can handle it even with that ability. Like pokemon with haze or Simple or Pokemon 4x resist( Heatran,Ferrothorn<Charizard,Ho-oh etc) It will need more moves before it can tear things up with it's DW ability.

R_N
30th May 2011, 12:30 AM
Yeah it is a defensive pokemon but it has moves to up it's attacking stats (Coil,SD,Calm Mind). I mean even Meganium is better than it.

What, no

It's defensive with offensive capabilities. It has plenty of bulk, & Calm Mind & Coil up those defensive abilities while upping the offensive abilities

KickAsh
30th May 2011, 12:56 AM
Serperior gets Glare.
That's cool, right?

Witchan
30th May 2011, 3:23 AM
Serperior isn`t all that bad with its supportive movepool and high speed stat.

Grei
30th May 2011, 5:35 AM
Serperior isn't too bad with a nice nature. I think a Jolly or Adamant nature is nice, although that's because I like Leaf Blade over Leaf Storm. With a Contrary Leaf Storm set, Modest (Sp.A+, Atk.-, right?) would be best.

MetalFlygon08
30th May 2011, 6:07 AM
Serpior should've gotten

Poison Tail
Aqua Tail
Dragon Pulse
Power Whip
Acid Bomb

and other snake-like moves I can't think of

And it should be able to get Dark Pulse from Seviper.

Witchan
30th May 2011, 6:10 AM
Serpior should've gotten Poison Tail Aqua Tail Dragon Pulse Power Whip Acid Bomb and other snake-like moves I can't think of And it should be able to get Dark Pulse from Seviper.

I agree that Serperior should learn those moves, especially Power Whip.

MetalFlygon08
30th May 2011, 6:13 AM
I was shocked when I saw it didn't, Power Whip and Coil make an awsome combination.

Dattebayo
30th May 2011, 6:31 AM
Serpior should've gotten

Poison Tail
Aqua Tail
Dragon Pulse
Power Whip
Acid Bomb

Don't forget Focus Blast and the elemental bites, it really needs something to pierce through those steel types and only use HP Fire for Scizor.

rocky505
30th May 2011, 6:39 AM
Why would it get focus blast that makes no sense. I can't even see the thing learning a fighting move. It just needs dragon moves. look at Treecko it got loads of dragon moves.

Dattebayo
30th May 2011, 6:48 AM
Why would it get focus blast that makes no sense. I can't even see the thing learning a fighting move. It just needs dragon moves. look at Treecko it got loads of dragon moves.

Fine how about Brick Break? It can use its tail as a form of a hand. I would imagine his physical moveset like this:

Coil
Leaf Blade/Power Whip
Brick Break
Ice Fang/Thunder Fang

R_N
30th May 2011, 7:13 AM
Why would Serperior get the Fangs when it has no teeth. It doesn't even get Bite or Crunch.

I think it should get the Stockpile(more defense yes please), Swallow & Spit Up, though. And Earthquake. Why doesn't the huge boa get Earthquake but the cobra, tsuchinko & viper do?

Mr. pokedude
30th May 2011, 7:48 AM
Im getting some what annoyed. I used all the starters and the only one I really loved was Serperior. I just really liked it... i hate tepig, and i have no idea why. If i couldn't pick snivy i would pick Oshwott but i'm finding myself leaning towards snivy for grey anyway...

It should get more dragon moves and other moves... Thank you for listening o-o\\\

please stop bagging serperior...

Ltrainer
30th May 2011, 7:50 AM
www.pokemonblackandwhite.net just posted an image of the Pokemon Black and White figures that will be given away with each Happy Meal at McDonald's!

http://pokemonblackandwhite.net/?p=4871

I haven't eaten at McDonald's in a long time but will probably have to give in for this promotion. Those figures look neat!

King Shuckle
30th May 2011, 8:55 AM
In Azerbaijan, the word "electric" when translated is "elektrik." I researched it's wildlife and noticed that eels do live in the area, so I wonder if that is the true origin of Eelektrik's name rather than it being just a corruption of "electric." Just saying since it's name origin was being debated.

Geekachu
30th May 2011, 10:00 AM
www.pokemonblackandwhite.net just posted an image of the Pokemon Black and White figures that will be given away with each Happy Meal at McDonald's!

http://pokemonblackandwhite.net/?p=4871

I haven't eaten at McDonald's in a long time but will probably have to give in for this promotion. Those figures look neat!

I NEED Snivy, Oshawott, and Zorua... AND ALL OF THEM D: Too bad that I live in the UK and they probably won't do it over here .-.

XXD17
30th May 2011, 10:06 AM
Why would Serperior get the Fangs when it has no teeth. It doesn't even get Bite or Crunch.

I think it should get the Stockpile(more defense yes please), Swallow & Spit Up, though. And Earthquake. Why doesn't the huge boa get Earthquake but the cobra, tsuchinko & viper do?

Actually, on that one poster that first showed samurott's swords, the serperior in the background had fangs...I really just wanted it to get dragon pule and EQ...nothing more was really necessary for me...

Zhanton
30th May 2011, 10:06 AM
In Azerbaijan, the word "electric" when translated is "elektrik." I researched it's wildlife and noticed that eels do live in the area, so I wonder if that is the true origin of Eelektrik's name rather than it being just a corruption of "electric." Just saying since it's name origin was being debated.

In all honesty, I think its more likely a corruption of the word electric than the Azerbaijan-ese (?) word for electric. Of course, the Azerbaijan language may have provided some inspiration, but I would doubt it.

Geekachu
30th May 2011, 10:12 AM
Eelektrik really has got a cool name. Like Fraxure and Mandibuzz. They were really cool names. I was actually quite sad when I evolved my Fraxure- I never got to know her and her awesome name much T.T

PsychicPsycho
30th May 2011, 10:40 AM
Serpior should've gotten

Poison Tail
Aqua Tail
Dragon Pulse
Power Whip
Acid Bomb

Acid Bomb? I don't see that in the attackdex.

And I would've like serperior having more moves. I can see it having poison moves, but it seems like they're trying to stay away from poison with it. I'd say aqua tail, dragon pulse and power whip could easily have been possibilities.

Eelektrik really has got a cool name. Like Fraxure and Mandibuzz. They were really cool names. I was actually quite sad when I evolved my Fraxure- I never got to know her and her awesome name much T.TI don't care for mandibuzz at all. I thought of a name it that sounded better, but I didn't write it down and forgot it.

I didn't like the names of any of the axew line at first, but I've grown to like them over time.

Also, non-shiny fraxure looks like it's been out murdering somebody.

JD
30th May 2011, 3:02 PM
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/thumb/0/0a/Unova_starters_evolution_artwork.png/200px-Unova_starters_evolution_artwork.png

Serperior has fangs they're hard to see but it has them I can't see it learning the elemental fangs or anything though. I think Samurott needs Ice Fang though and Emboar could use Close Combat.

Shine
30th May 2011, 3:07 PM
Acid Bomb? I don't see that in the attackdex.

Acid Bomb is the Japanese name for Acid Spray.

PokemonOwn
30th May 2011, 3:08 PM
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/thumb/0/0a/Unova_starters_evolution_artwork.png/200px-Unova_starters_evolution_artwork.png

Serperior has fangs they're hard to see but it has them I can't see it learning the elemental fangs or anything though. I think Samurott needs Ice Fang though and Emboar could use Close Combat.

Come to think of it, all of the starters have fangs.

Lampent, opinion? Not, Chandelure or Litwick.

Geekachu
30th May 2011, 4:20 PM
I don't care for mandibuzz at all. I thought of a name it that sounded better, but I didn't write it down and forgot it.

Is that Mandibuzz's name or Mandibuzz in general? Because lots of people dislike Mandibuzz, but I really like it. It has a quirky design.

Typhlosionvsworld
30th May 2011, 4:22 PM
Come to think of it, all of the starters have fangs.

Lampent, opinion? Not, Chandelure or Litwick.

Do you mean the Unova starters or all the starters?

Anyway, Lampent is alrght.

Dattebayo
30th May 2011, 4:39 PM

It's a snake, and they bite, which is logical.

And Earthquake. Why doesn't the huge boa get Earthquake but the cobra, tsuchinko & viper do?

Brick Break is still the serperior choice as it helps eliminate both Steel and Ice (one of its weaknesses).

Typhlosionvsworld
30th May 2011, 4:41 PM
Brick Break is still the serperior choice as it helps eliminate both Steel and Ice (one of its weaknesses).

Serperior can learn Brick Break?

Dattebayo
30th May 2011, 4:44 PM
Serperior can learn Brick Break?

No it doesn't, which is why we expect GF to have it learn Brick Break in the next game. It would make sense because of its tail.

Typhlosionvsworld
30th May 2011, 4:48 PM
No it doesn't, which is why we expect GF to have it learn Brick Break in the next game. It would make sense because of its tail.

That would make sense. It can't get coverage except for Aerial Ace

Dattebayo
30th May 2011, 4:49 PM
That would make sense. It can't get coverage except for Aerial Ace

That move isn't worth using even if the metagame's dominated by fighting types.

KickAsh
30th May 2011, 6:01 PM
Is that Mandibuzz's name or Mandibuzz in general? Because lots of people dislike Mandibuzz, but I really like it. It has a quirky design.
I like Mandibuzz, too. Not as much as Braviary, but I definitely believe that Mandibuzz deserves more credit and shouldn't be totally overshadowed by Braviary.

Grei
30th May 2011, 6:19 PM
Sorry to say, Brick Break does not make sense for Serperior. Brick Break is a chopping attack. It's not going to get Brick Break even if one could imagine it using its tail.

Dattebayo
30th May 2011, 6:31 PM
Sorry to say, Brick Break does not make sense for Serperior. Brick Break is a chopping attack. It's not going to get Brick Break even if one could imagine it using its tail.

Primape and Iron Tail, Dugtrio and Aer*** Ace, Raichu and Gravity Pull, etc.

Blazios
30th May 2011, 6:36 PM
Primeape evolves from Mankey which has a tail and there's no sense in removing TM compatibility after evolving.

Aerial Ace has nothing to do with flying and is based on a sword technique. Moles have claws. For slashing.

Geekachu
30th May 2011, 6:43 PM
Despite the fact that Serperior has fangs I can't imagine it learning the elemental fangs. I mean, a Grass snake using a Fire Type move just doesn't work, and neither does Ice really. The only one that's partially plausible one is Thunder Fang but even so...

Grei
30th May 2011, 6:49 PM
Despite the fact that Serperior has fangs I can't imagine it learning the elemental fangs. I mean, a Grass snake using a Fire Type move just doesn't work, and neither does Ice really. The only one that's partially plausible one is Thunder Fang but even so...

I imagine that would help, too. Serperior needs coverage.

Primape and Iron Tail, Dugtrio and Aerial Ace, Raichu and Gravity Pull, etc.

Sigh.

Primeape evolves from Mankey which has a tail and there's no sense in removing TM compatibility after evolving.

Aerial Ace has nothing to do with flying and is based on a sword technique. Moles have claws. For slashing.

What Blazios said.

Brick Break is an attack in which one chops bricks. The animation even features a hand. Snivy hardly uses his hands, so I don't see why Serperior would, and again, breaking a brick with a tail makes no sense.

I'd rather see Serperior get Dragon Pulse and Power Whip, among other things.

Dattebayo
30th May 2011, 6:52 PM
But Serperior needs to rid of Ice and Steel at the same time (EQ only kills one of them), and a fighting move is necessary. The best set for a Pokemon is one that covers its weaknesses.

Witchan
30th May 2011, 6:53 PM
I don't think Serperior would work well witth the elemental fangs.

rocky505
30th May 2011, 7:13 PM
But Serperior needs to rid of Ice and Steel at the same time (EQ only kills one of them), and a fighting move is necessary. The best set for a Pokemon is one that covers its weaknesses.Just teach the thing hidden power fire and it's ice and steel crap is gone.

Dattebayo
30th May 2011, 7:17 PM
Just teach the thing hidden power fire and it's ice and steel crap is gone.

But it's a Special Move, and its Physical movepool will outshine its Special movepool due to Coil and once it learns the following moves MetalFlygon listed.

rocky505
30th May 2011, 7:47 PM
But it's a Special Move, and its Physical movepool will outshine its Special movepool due to Coil and once it learns the following moves MetalFlygon listed. Yeah I'm sure a physical movepool will outshine a a leaf storm abuing okemon that will have +6 in just 3 turns. You can't just say a physical one will be better. It gets Calm mind too.

Dattebayo
30th May 2011, 7:49 PM
Yeah I'm sure a physical movepool will outshine a a leaf storm abuing okemon that will have +6 in just 3 turns. You can't just say a physical one will be better. It gets Calm mind too.

They may not use Calm Mind due to Contrary being the superior choice.

rocky505
30th May 2011, 7:50 PM
Well there you go a special attacking one is better.

R_N
30th May 2011, 8:01 PM
It's a snake, and they bite, which is logical.
But it has no fangs which is the point. It more...swallows. Being a boa constrictor and all.

Eh, Ice Types aren't that common and most of them you probably shouldn't stay in against. At least Earthquake is a strong move that hits most thing neutral.

Grei
30th May 2011, 8:07 PM
But Serperior needs to rid of Ice and Steel at the same time (EQ only kills one of them), and a fighting move is necessary. The best set for a Pokemon is one that covers its weaknesses.

Pokemon generally don't just get moves that help cover their weaknesses. If that were true, Swanna would have a much more diverse movepool.

Pokemon get move updates when there is a move that makes sense for the Pokemon to get that isn't already in the moveset. Serperior with Earthquake and Dragon Pulse is a little bit of a stretch (though not really, when considering Seviper/Arbok and Treecko, respectively), but Poison Tail, Aqua Tail, Acid Spray, and the Stockpile/Swallow/Spit Up moves are all attacks that fit with Serperior's snake basis.

A snake cannot chop blocks, even if that would help it defeat its predators.

They may not use Calm Mind due to Contrary being the superior choice.

Why would you say that the physical moveset is better, and then say that Contrary makes Calm Mind useless? Contrary is the reason why a special moveset would be better. In a non-Contrary Serperior, physical is a viable choice, but once Contrary becomes available, special Serperiors are going to dominate over physical Serperiors.

Which is where Hidden Power will do what Brick Break could do. Almost.

Dattebayo
30th May 2011, 10:44 PM
The reason why I said a physical set is the better choice is because its DW ability isn't legal yet, and since starters in the DW are programmed to be 100% male, it can't breed in its ability thus forcing you to get more Snivys with the right nature/HP. I really wish it learned Outrage in the next game to fix this problem if Dragon Pulse does become part of its movepool.

rocky505
31st May 2011, 5:37 AM
The reason why I said a physical set is the better choice is because its DW ability isn't legal yet, and since starters in the DW are programmed to be 100% male, it can't breed in its ability thus forcing you to get more Snivys with the right nature/HP. I really wish it learned Outrage in the next game to fix this problem if Dragon Pulse does become part of its movepool. You can SR for a good nature and Hidden Power though.

Dattebayo
31st May 2011, 5:48 AM
You can SR for a good nature and Hidden Power though.

But doesn't the Extralink function the same way as getting into Wi-Fi? You have to save first before going in, so you can't SR.

rocky505
31st May 2011, 5:52 AM
But doesn't the Extralink function the same way as getting into Wi-Fi? You have to save first before going in, so you can't SR. Yes you can SR. I SRed for a good nature on my Nidoran(F)

Shine
31st May 2011, 6:02 AM
Entering the Entralink and entering the forest does not force you to save.
However, you can't save inside the Entralink (including inside the forest) so you have to save before you enter the Entralink.

and regarding Brick Break on Serperior.....Close Combat on Staraptor can be used as an argument, however it's a weak one since not all birds learn the move....

R_N
31st May 2011, 7:29 AM
Entering the Entralink and entering the forest does not force you to save.
However, you can't save inside the Entralink (including inside the forest) so you have to save before you enter the Entralink.

and regarding Brick Break on Serperior.....Close Combat on Staraptor can be used as an argument, however it's a weak one since not all birds learn the move....

Also: Certain bids do actually do the whole combat thing. Typically in the air, mind, but they do do it.

rocky505
31st May 2011, 8:00 AM
i can see serperior getting extrasensory. Look at Typhloion how does it use it?

Geekachu
31st May 2011, 12:57 PM

Typhlosion knows extrasensory? That's like a Shroomish knowing Fire Blast

Aurath8
31st May 2011, 2:37 PM

Same could be said for Budew, Nuzleaf and Landorus.

Dattebayo
31st May 2011, 3:42 PM
Problem is that Extrasensory's not a reliable move due to its BP being 80 and most of its users aren't flinchhaxers without Serene Grace. It may be a counter to one of its weaknesses, but it won't help much.

Donovansrb10
31st May 2011, 4:47 PM
I got haxed by a flinching team using that pokčmon & extrasensory.

Geekachu
31st May 2011, 5:27 PM
Same could be said for Budew, Nuzleaf and Landorus.

Well Budew evolves into Roserade, and Nuzleaf into Shiftry, which are both quite mystical Pokemon in my opinion (Shiftry is Dark Type and Roserade can learn Shadow Ball) and Landrous is a legendary sooo that kinda works.

But Typholosion is this fiery wolverine. A psychic attack thing doesn't really suit it.

KickAsh
31st May 2011, 5:45 PM
Typhlosion gets Shadow Claw and Wild Charge, too.
EDIT: And Bulldoze and Rock Slide.
Hey, Typhlosion actually has a pretty diverse movepool!
I had no idea.

RegiGuy
31st May 2011, 9:33 PM
I might just use Thyphosion in the future because of all the new moves.

rocky505
31st May 2011, 10:13 PM
Yeah but Typhlosion isn't too good with physical moves. It just needs a good attack boosting move to abuse those physical moves.

Geekachu
31st May 2011, 10:41 PM
Typhlosion gets Shadow Claw and Wild Charge, too.
EDIT: And Bulldoze and Rock Slide.
Hey, Typhlosion actually has a pretty diverse movepool!
I had no idea.

I'm more tempted than ever to transfer my HG Team over to White :D But most Fire Types can learn Wild Charge anyway- the Grass Types really need a common move to counter their fire foes!!

Grey Wind
31st May 2011, 10:48 PM
Typhlosion get Wild Charge!? Yay.

Did anybody use Stoutland? I used mine for most of the gem, but dumped it for Rufflet pre-E4

Silent Conversation
31st May 2011, 11:49 PM
I don't really like normal types unless the Pokemon has another type to accompany it, so I didn't use Stoutland.

KickAsh
1st June 2011, 12:50 AM
Did anybody use Stoutland? I used mine for most of the gem, but dumped it for Rufflet pre-E4

I'm using a Stoutland in my current game, and it has been doing really well. Intimidate is a useful ability to have in-game, Normal typing leaves it with one weakness that is rare in-game, and I like it's design. So I'm definitely having favorable experiences with the Big-Hearted Pokemon.

Blazios
1st June 2011, 12:53 AM
I used Stoutland once, yes. It's quite good even in the endgame.

I've also used Cinccino, Unfezant, Sawsbuck and Dodrio, if we're talking about Normal types. Tecnhician Cinccino was probably the best thing I've used out of the 30 species I've played through with.

Dattebayo
1st June 2011, 12:57 AM
I don't really like normal types unless the Pokemon has another type to accompany it, so I didn't use Stoutland.

Snorlax, Porygon2, and Miltank would like a word with you.

Stoutland's got the right abilities and moves, but it's still under appreciated for its base stats. You think it'll have a stache contest with Alakazam?

Silent Conversation
1st June 2011, 1:21 AM
Snorlax, Porygon2, and Miltank would like a word with you.

And I don't like Snorlax, Porygon2 or Miltank, so I have nothing to say to them.

TsukiMirage
1st June 2011, 5:26 AM
Snorlax and Porygon2 were awesome and Miltank was a bastard. Anyway, I actually greatly enjoy using normal pokemon, regardless if they have a secondary type.

Geekachu
1st June 2011, 12:56 PM
To be honest I'm not really biased by types, however I usually have normal type on my team from my flying type. However in White I had a Sawsbuck on my team- and his immunity to ghost type attacks was quite a nice help against Shauntal. I really liked Sawsbuck actually, I taught mine Horn Leech, Jump Kick and Wild Charge which gave it quite nice coverage- as well as the ability to restore HP.

Zhanton
1st June 2011, 2:27 PM
I pretty much always have a Normal type: on Platinum I had Lopunny and Togetic, HG I had Furret, Noctowl AND Aipom and on White I've got my Stoutland.

King Lawliet
1st June 2011, 3:45 PM
I usually avoid Normal types unless there are too good not to use or that I like their design

mAdkip
1st June 2011, 7:18 PM
To be honest I'm not really biased by types, however I usually have normal type on my team from my flying type. However in White I had a Sawsbuck on my team- and his immunity to ghost type attacks was quite a nice help against Shauntal. I really liked Sawsbuck actually, I taught mine Horn Leech, Jump Kick and Wild Charge which gave it quite nice coverage- as well as the ability to restore HP.

Speaking of Sawsbuck, it was with great disappointment today to find out that they they formes do NOT change after being caught... :(

Blazios
1st June 2011, 7:23 PM
Speaking of Sawsbuck, it was with great disappointment today to find out that they they formes do NOT change after being caught... :(

Yes, it does. Load the game up with it in your party.

Dr. Leggs
1st June 2011, 9:40 PM
Normal doesn't immediately mean a turn-off for me, even monotypes. I love the Porygons, I love Snorlax, I love Lickitung/Lickilicky, Aipom/Ambipom, Whismur line, Kecleon and Regigigas, and have used all of them in my games at some point.

Adrexus
1st June 2011, 9:45 PM
I'm not necessarily against normal types. I just always tend to find more interest in the other 16 types. I will say that Sawsbuck was a really good pokemon to use in-game. Horn Leech is a great attack. Fire was originally my favorite type, and it still kind of is. But now I take interest in pokemon depending on their looks. For example one of my favorite pokemon now is Galvantula. But normal types are just kind of well, a little too normal for me.

Dattebayo
1st June 2011, 10:22 PM
I tend to avoid using Normal moves due to having little-to-no benefits against other types in terms of SE. Plus, Your opponent may switch into a rock, steel, or ghost type to stop the damage.

qwerty9056
1st June 2011, 10:38 PM
I tend to avoid using Normal moves due to having little-to-no benefits against other types in terms of SE. Plus, Your opponent may switch into a rock, steel, or ghost type to stop the damage.

agreed.... i honestly see no point to use normal types...they're practically useless, but i guess snorlax is okay... Normal types...meh

Endless
1st June 2011, 11:15 PM
I actually like using normal types, both competitive and in-game. I remember the sheer force of my silk scarf Exploud in Ruby. And how I payed alot in the game corner to get my Porygon. The good thing with normal types is that they have so many uniqe pokemon. Ditto, Keckleon, Castform and Slaking are really fun to use in-game. On the other hand we have the competitive users, remember how Blissey was the best during 4th gen? And don't even get me started on the endless options with Smeargle.

Adrexus
1st June 2011, 11:32 PM
agreed.... i honestly see no point to use normal types...they're practically useless, but i guess snorlax is okay... Normal types...meh

EDIT: does setting your "person" on your trainer card as breeder affect the egg rules?

I wouldn't think so. I'm pretty sure the mechanics are the same no matter who you set your trainer as.

King Lawliet
1st June 2011, 11:58 PM
Considering that this is in-game, the trainers do little to no switching out so there's absolutely no worry of that.

TheBluePorygon
2nd June 2011, 12:05 AM
And I don't like Snorlax, Porygon2 or Miltank, so I have nothing to say to them.
MEH! I love Porygon2 theyre beast and awesomee

ElectabuzzChamp
2nd June 2011, 1:09 AM
Is Amoonguss strong at any stage? Coz its so cool :D haha.

Dattebayo
2nd June 2011, 2:21 AM
No it is not, it's only good at supporting teams.

KickAsh
2nd June 2011, 2:47 AM
I love Normal types, now that I think about it. Muchlax-->Snorlax, Kangaskhan, Blissey, Tauros, Ditto, Slakoth-->Slaking, Stantler, Teddiursa--Ursaring, Smeargle, Linoone, Whismer-->Exploud, Porygon-Z, Likitung-->Lickilicky, Snubbul-->Granbull, Minccino-->Cinccino and Lilipup-->Stoutland. And Castform, because it's so unique.
And I particularly like Zangoose, Ambipom, Kecleon, Arceus, and Bouffalant.

And those are just the pure Normal types.

Is Amoonguss strong at any stage? Coz its so cool :D haha.
It's one of those Pokemon that are great competitively, but don't really fit in during your in-game playthrough. In-game is a hit-as-hard-as-possible sort of environment, whereas the competitive metagame is more strategic, so support/stall Pokemon like Amoongus actually can fulfill a role.
It's definitely a good Pokemon, not just a "strong" one necessarily, it's strengths are for a different environment.

Mr. pokedude
2nd June 2011, 9:19 AM
I was never one to use normal types, however i used a snorlax in HG which was great considering it got KO about 1/10 of the time. But most normal types don't turn me on ( i suppose porygon line was okay but i never loved it either/).

PsychicPsycho
2nd June 2011, 10:01 AM
I don't necessarily dislike normal types, but I usually find the other types more interesting. Although I usually have a normal/flying type in my playthrough team. And I used lickilcky in SS; it was one of the strongest on my team.

The fact that nothing is weak to their STAB attacks sucks, though.

Stoutland's got the right abilities and moves, but it's still under appreciated for its base stats. You think it'll have a stache contest with Alakazam?I wouldn't use stoutland because I don't care for it's looks. However, any stoutland I fight would get my guard up, because they commonly have great physical attack.

And I don't like Snorlax, Porygon2 or Miltank, so I have nothing to say to them.What I'd say to snorlax is, 'dude, you wanna go to an all-you-can-eat buffet?'

XXD17
2nd June 2011, 10:11 AM
normal types aren't bad...they fit into teams quite well and have great movepools...togekiss, snorlax, blissey and ambipom come to mind first...and then with eviolite porygon2 and chansey are pretty good as well...my personal favorites are zangoose and kanghaskhan...

LexSuicune
3rd June 2011, 1:41 AM
Normal types are just middle ground, great at many things, excel at none.

They have their use.

Dattebayo
3rd June 2011, 1:51 AM
They just need something they have the advantage on.

R_N
3rd June 2011, 2:38 AM
They just need something they have the advantage on.

Not having a advantage is the point

Paradoxe
3rd June 2011, 4:30 AM
Why aren't Normal types strong against Normal types?

misterdarvus
3rd June 2011, 5:08 AM
^ Because normal type moves hit normaly, and normal type take hits normaly, duh.

Witchan
3rd June 2011, 6:24 AM
Normal-types aren`t that bad. Heck, they`re arguably the best defensive type out of all 17 types next to Dragon and Steel-types. Just ask Blissey and Chansey with Eviolite Stone.

PsychicPsycho
3rd June 2011, 6:32 AM
Normal-types aren`t that bad. Heck, they`re arguably the best defensive type out of all 17 types next to Dragon and Steel-types. Just ask Blissey and Chansey with Eviolite Stone.
Yeah, but a fighting weakness is one of the worst to have, I think. I seems like fighting moves are pretty widespread. That is, lots of pokemon can learn them. That may just be my persception, though.

Like having a ground weakness sucks, because of the widespread use of earthquake.

Witchan
3rd June 2011, 8:41 AM
Yeah, but a fighting weakness is one of the worst to have, I think. I seems like fighting moves are pretty widespread. That is, lots of pokemon can learn them. That may just be my persception, though. Like having a ground weakness sucks, because of the widespread use of earthquake.

Countering Fighting-type doesn`t seem to be a big deal, though, since some Normal-types can survive them, like Snorlax with Curse or Blissey and Eviolite Chansey with maximum HP and Defense EVs for example. Heck, even Tauros and Stoutland can survive a few Fighting-type moves (including STAB ones) thanks to Intimidate.

And yes, having a Ground-type weakness sucks for some pokemon unless you`re Eelektross or any other pokemon that automatically evades the weakness like Moltres and Zapdos.

Geekachu
3rd June 2011, 12:33 PM
Yeah, but a fighting weakness is one of the worst to have, I think. I seems like fighting moves are pretty widespread. That is, lots of pokemon can learn them. That may just be my persception, though.

Or that most Pokemon that can employ STAB Fighting moves have pretty high offensive stats to back that up

Dattebayo
3rd June 2011, 5:25 PM
This is why normal types will be one of the series's butt monkeys.

General Nonsense
3rd June 2011, 6:43 PM
I'm not a huge fan of normal types, but the porygon line=awesome

edit: rank up!

RegiGuy
3rd June 2011, 8:53 PM
My favorite type this gen is actually fighting.

Silent Conversation
3rd June 2011, 8:55 PM
Normal type is basically a human. If we were to go attack someone, there's nothing in particular we would be able to attack with an immense, over the top amount of power. Therefore, normal is not super effective against anything.

manifesto
3rd June 2011, 9:18 PM
I like nomal types. Sometimes they have cool designs. Like Snorlax. I just love him. He's all big and bro-ish and if pokemon were real, I'd totally get one.

zebbystrika
3rd June 2011, 9:21 PM
I LOVE electric types!! My Zebstrika is level 60, my Galvantula is level 55, my Rotom(heat forme) is level 61, and my Emolga is level 50! :D

KingOmega
3rd June 2011, 9:32 PM
i'm into fire types, like volcorona (i have 3)

zebbystrika
3rd June 2011, 9:33 PM
Yeah, I also love fire types

Silent Conversation
3rd June 2011, 9:51 PM
I've never really been into fire types that much. I know a lot of people love them and think they're the best type, but I think they're pretty overrated. My favourites types would probably be psychic, electric and water.

General Nonsense
3rd June 2011, 9:54 PM
I like a lot fire types, but the only ones in 5th gen that i like are Volcarona and Chandelure

Geekachu
3rd June 2011, 10:07 PM
I like a lot fire types, but the only ones in 5th gen that i like are Volcarona and Chandelure

I'm quite partial to Darmanitan myself, amazing attack- YES :D

And personally I like Psychic, Dragon and Water types (although Gen V wasn't really that amazing for Water Types IMO)

KickAsh
3rd June 2011, 10:17 PM
My favorite types are Fire and Ghost, and I think both made a very strong showing this gen.
Gen V introduced Yamask-->Cofagrigus, Frillish-->Jellicent, Litwick-->Chandelure, and Golett-->Golurk, all of which I think are great Pokemon.
And Gen V brought Victini, Tepig-->Emboar, Pansear-->Simisear, Darumaka-->Darmanitan, Litwick-->Chandelure, Heatmor, Larvesta-->Volcarona, and Reshiram to the Fire type fold. I like most of those guys, except for Pansear and Simisear. I really like Heatmor, although I realize I may be the only person in existence who does. It's such an unpopular Pokemon.

Grey Wind
3rd June 2011, 10:22 PM
My favourite type would be Dragon or Dark. Funny, I don't like Hyfreigon that much...Haxorus is cooler.

But Yeah, I always forget about Heatmor. It has good Special Attack, but nothing else to distinguish it. Durant will always be the better of the duo, even though in the Pokedex, and by type, Heatmor would win.

KickAsh
3rd June 2011, 10:27 PM
But Yeah, I always forget about Heatmor. It has good Special Attack, but nothing else to distinguish it. Durant will always be the better of the duo, even though in the Pokedex, and by type, Heatmor would win.
Heatmor has a decent base 97 Attack stat. So it could be a passable mixed attacker.
I like Durant, too, but I like Heatmor better. I like it's design more. Also, Heatmor has one heck of a great shiny.

Blazios
3rd June 2011, 10:31 PM
Of course, Durant can learn Stone Edge, making it better even in a fight against Heatmor.

Seems odd that Heatmor is so bad compared to Durant...

Silent Conversation
3rd June 2011, 11:11 PM
Well, stat wise, Durant is a lot better than Heatmor. But it's still pretty ironic.

Geekachu
3rd June 2011, 11:20 PM
Well, stat wise, Durant is a lot better than Heatmor. But it's still pretty ironic.

I love Durant's design too, his artwork is awesome... That being said I love Heatmor's design too- they're both very well designed Pokemon :D But I love more than anything how Heatmor can learn Bug Bite

Dattebayo
4th June 2011, 12:14 AM
Durant's typing symbolizes the fact that ants in real life are resistant to almost everything. Honed Claw + Hustle = Beast?

Grey Wind
4th June 2011, 12:25 AM
Also, DW Durant has Traunt, so he can use Entrainment on his opponent.

Barthandelus
4th June 2011, 12:31 AM
I love Dragon pokemon, but I also love Shuckle, who I use to love using against my friends as they were never expecting it.

Durant is a beast, I love its speed, very underrated and in game I have used one as a baton passer

Cassiopeia
4th June 2011, 12:34 AM
Durant's typing symbolizes the fact that ants in real life are resistant to almost everything. Honed Claw + Hustle = Beast?

Except from the "zombie ant fungus" lol...which actually exists -_____-. I like Heatmor's design more, but Durant is just...better

Grey Wind
4th June 2011, 12:35 AM
Durant is a beast, I love its speed, very underrated and in game I have used one as a baton passer
Durant isn't underrated....

Barthandelus
4th June 2011, 12:52 AM
Durant isn't underrated....

Sorry, I should of been more clear, in terms of the experience with myself and my friends it was discarded due to its terrible special defence and the fact that it is late game and due to its appearance being some what bland in my opinion.

Dr. Leggs
4th June 2011, 1:17 AM
Favourite types are Ghost, Bug and Ice, and I'm very pleased with all the additions for each this generation. :o

Dattebayo
4th June 2011, 1:54 AM
Favorite types are Dragon, Electric, Grass, and Fire, and really wish for the later three to have better move diversities to counter their main weaknesses.

Silent Conversation
4th June 2011, 3:13 AM
I used to absolutely despise bug types, but after getting so many good bug types this gen, I can't honestly say I completely hate them anymore. Granted, bug will still never be one of my favourite types, but giving us Volcarona, Galvantula, Durant and Crustle really helped their reputation in my mind.

SphealsFTW
4th June 2011, 4:11 AM
My favorite types are Bug and Ghost. Especially the Ghost and Bug pokemon from Unova. They totally need a Bug/Ghost pokemon :P.

BCVM22
4th June 2011, 4:13 AM
They totally need a Bug/Ghost pokemon :P.

Shedinja is Bug/Ghost.

SphealsFTW
4th June 2011, 4:53 AM
Shedinja is Bug/Ghost.
Wow, I completely forgot that thing even existed o_o.

MetalFlygon08
4th June 2011, 5:10 AM
I like how Durant's Antenae are nails.

But I like Heatmor more.