PDA

View Full Version : Official Pokemon Discussion Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55

DestroyerOfWorlds
8th June 2011, 5:00 AM
Or they're just clones.

BCVM22
8th June 2011, 10:03 AM
If you want lazy art, look at the Genies. I had a reason to nickname them Cut, Copy, and Paste

Amazing how never can anyone conclude that similarities are intentional sometimes. Ever.

No, it's always "lazy" or "running out of ideas". Why is that?

DarumakkaImposter
8th June 2011, 10:11 AM
I'm sorry, but when I saw Scrafty, I didn't see "gangsta" so much as I saw "guy (or Pokemon) too cheap/lazy to buy a belt".
when i first saw him i spent an hour finding one (i have bad luck) and then i finally caught him and used him in-game

Geekachu
8th June 2011, 10:40 AM
Amazing how never can anyone conclude that similarities are intentional sometimes. Ever.

I completely agree with this. Loads of people hate the Kami Trio but I really like them personally.

Anyhoo on the other discussion I really like Scrafty, I really love its design how it's so quirky. I want to see one with its hood up.

when i first saw him i spent an hour finding one (i have bad luck) and then i finally caught him and used him in-game

You mean Scraggy right?

King Lawliet
8th June 2011, 11:23 AM
I'm a big fan of the legendary Pokémon in this Gen and would go as far as to say that it's my favourite Gen for legendaries. There's not a single legendary that I dislike in this gen.

My personal order of them would be Gen V = Gen III > Gen I > Gen II >>>>>>>> Gen IV

Grey Wind
8th June 2011, 12:34 PM
They really should've used that dual typing for a Pokemon associating psychotic Irishmen because they're at least entertaining.
You called?

I like Scrafty, I used Scraggy in game for ages and evolved it post game. Those HJK are powerful.

SasakiThePikachu
8th June 2011, 1:09 PM
Yes but you see NOT EVERYONE FOLLOWS SMOGON. People can talk about other things.

Love yooouuu :D

I'm confused, Dattebayo...you won't use a fictional game monster...because you don't like gangsters? Erm...you are aware Scraggy/Scrafty aren't actually gangsters, right?! They don't go around in their pimpmobile honey-wagon lo-riders talkin 'bout their ho's and b*tches and their 'bling'. Mine don't, anyway.

RegiGuy
8th June 2011, 3:36 PM
My scraftys don't do that either, they just kick peoples butts in battle.

General Nonsense
8th June 2011, 3:54 PM

Yeah, I know the similarities are intentioanl, I was making a joke

Dattebayo
8th June 2011, 5:17 PM
I'm confused, Dattebayo...you won't use a fictional game monster...because you don't like gangsters? Erm...you are aware Scraggy/Scrafty aren't actually gangsters, right?! They don't go around in their pimpmobile honey-wagon lo-riders talkin 'bout their ho's and b*tches and their 'bling'. Mine don't, anyway.

Oh they do alright, but they do those stuff to innocent Pokemon in the wild.

General Nonsense
8th June 2011, 5:27 PM

I think you're taking this a bit too seriously

Grey Wind
8th June 2011, 5:28 PM
Um. No.

You do realise it's a game? There is no 'wild', Scrafty can't actually hurt anything, and its dex entries don't mention it anyway.

SasakiThePikachu
8th June 2011, 5:43 PM
Um. No.

You do realise it's a game? There is no 'wild', Scrafty can't actually hurt anything, and its dex entries don't mention it anyway.

I think he was being sarcastic.

At least I really, really hope so.

My only point was that the logic behind it makes no sense. It's like me saying I don't like vikings, so I won't use Jynx. Or I once got thrown off a pony, so I refuse to use Rapidash -__-

Besides, if Scrafty are based entirely on ganster culture, where does their punk/mohawk haircut come from, then? Never seen that in a P Diddy music video...

Chibi_Muffin
8th June 2011, 6:05 PM
Just give it up. The guy makes no sense anyway. ;]

Anyways, at first I didn't like Scrafty either. But he grew on me. He's now one of my favourite Dark and Fighting types (separate lists). My Don was a lifesaver when fighting Ghetsis! I made him part of my main team, and itwas worth it. I'd choose Scrafty over Bisharp any day!

Besides, he may look like a gangster, but he doesn't need to BE one. I see mine more as a 'bruiser' type. ;P And to me, the thing looks plain goofy... especially the face! He looks clueless! The Pokédex entries I regard as useless anyway - I think they regard to wild specimens, not the tame ones you train!

Grei
8th June 2011, 6:17 PM
I think he was being sarcastic.

At least I really, really hope so.

He... isn't. ._.

Dattebayo, what if you just thought of Scrafty as just an angsty teenager who doesn't care about anything? You know, the teenage stereotype. That's how I think of him. Besides, it's kind of racist (bigoted? prejudiced?) to automatically assume that because Scrafty has a mohawk and baggy pants, it is based off of people who hurt and bully other people. That's unfair to people who just go with the punk style and are really nice people.

Anyways, at first I didn't like Scrafty either. But he grew on me. He's now one of my favourite Dark and Fighting types (separate lists). My Don was a lifesaver when fighting Ghetsis! I made him part of my main team, and itwas worth it. I'd choose Scrafty over Bisharp any day!

Besides, he may look like a gangster, but he doesn't need to BE one. I see mine more as a 'bruiser' type. ;P And to me, the thing looks plain goofy... especially the face! He looks clueless! The Pokédex entries I regard as useless anyway - I think they regard to wild specimens, not the tame ones you train!

I can't remember if Scrafty was an immediate favorite for me, but after I saw fanart of it, I think I fell in love with it. He's so insanely awesome, both by design and by statistics. Scrafty saves lives in the Elite Four, and he saved my life against Ghetsis and his illegitimate Hydreigon.

I love Scrafty. A lot. :3

Silent Conversation
8th June 2011, 6:24 PM
Speaking of Scrafty, which one do you guys think is better - Scrafty or Conkeldurr? Because I plan on using one of them as my fighting type on my next BW play through or for my Grey team, but I can't decide which one to use. I prefer Scrafty's typing but also prefer Conkeldurr's stats. I'm leaning towards Scrafty, but if somebody can convince me Conkeldurr is significantly better, I'll use it instead.

PokemonOwn
8th June 2011, 6:27 PM
Conkeldurr.

Sheer Force + Wake-Up-Slap. Hurts.

Silent Conversation
8th June 2011, 6:29 PM
Overall, I think I prefer Conkeldurr's move set to Scrafty's, but seeing as though this would be an in-game team, Scrafty has a little bit of an advantage by learning Brick Break at a very early level, whereas if I wanted my Conkeldurr to knock Brick Break, I'd have to wait for the TM in Icirrus.

Grey Wind
8th June 2011, 7:20 PM
I like Scrafty better than Cokeldurr. He has a better typig, and I just personally like him better.

Dr. Leggs
8th June 2011, 7:21 PM
Conkeldurr.

Sheer Force + Wake-Up-Slap. Hurts.

Except... Sheer Force doesn't affect Wake-Up Slap.

I'd say Scrafty, because Bulk Up + Rest + Shed Skin makes it practically immortal, as well as awesome unresisted STABs in Crunch/Hi Jump Kick and access to a plethora of other moves. Conkeldurr isn't bad by any means, I just prefer Scrafty.

Lorde
8th June 2011, 7:25 PM
Speaking of Scrafty, which one do you guys think is better - Scrafty or Conkeldurr?

Scrafty has fashion sense, so I like it a bit more than Conkeldurr. But I figure that Conkeldurr is stronger. Marshal's Conkeldurr always gives me trouble, so I bet that a properly trained Conkeldurr might come in handy. I actually don't use Fighting-types that often. I used a Lucario in HG, but that was because it was an appealing Pokemon. None of the Generation 5 Fighting Pokemon appeal to me. I like some of them, but I wouldn't add them to my team.

Witchan
8th June 2011, 7:33 PM
I like Scrafty better than Conkeldurr, but I don't see how Scrafty could have a stronger resemblance of being a "Hoodlum" Pokemon.

AquaRegisteel
8th June 2011, 7:37 PM
Scrafty is a Pokemon.

All similarities to anyone/any group of people or coincidental. There.

So, who was your favourite Water type in this Gen?

Samurott is hands down the best imo.
I haz epic sword of doom and i'z killz youz wiz my waterfalls.

I honestly thought it was Water/Fight when i first saw it.
It is useful ingame, like Feraligatr as it can utilise Waterfall brilliantly(and Surf, for that matter).

manifesto
8th June 2011, 7:43 PM
Why is everyone judging Dattebayo for not liking a pokemon based off of its dex entry? It makes perfect sense for people who tend to role play. I do. I like scrafty because I just happened to come across a good one and I decided to train it. It kicks so much butt it's not even funny. But if someone doesn't like how a pokemon is described that's their choice, it's an RPG anyway, so role-playing is a part of it for some people. For those of you who look at it like a meta-game and just a competitive field and don't bother to role play, I hope I cleared up things a little.

I prefer Scrafty to Conkeldurr based on looks but it also depends on what you want, offense or defense. I prefer defense so I went with Scrafty. But if you want a pokemon that can smack the crap out of anything that stands in its way, I'd pick Conkeldurr.

Silent Conversation
8th June 2011, 7:55 PM
I personally prefer offense to defense, which is why I'm considering Conkeldurr, but I've also heard a lot of amazing things about Scrafty, which is why I'm considering it. So far I'm still leaning towards Scrafty, but I guess I have a long time to make my decision.

Lorde
8th June 2011, 7:57 PM
Why is everyone judging Dattebayo for not liking a pokemon based off of its dex entry?

I'm not judging anyone. I read through his previous posts, and although I didn't agree with his assessment, I didn't say anything. I held my tongue, or in this case, my fingers. I didn't decide to jump down his throat just because his ideas differed from mine. There are a lot of people here who were quick to bash his ideas, and I actually pity those people. It makes me sad that certain people can't read a post without pointing out flaws in it. It makes me even sadder to think that certain people seem to live for this, like it's some kind of addiction. I think they should look at their own flaws before judging others. If they can't handle the opinions of others, then they should ignore them and move on with their lives.

Anyway, I really should have at least tried using a Fighting-type in these games, even though I don't find any of them to be very appealing. They would've come in handy against Lenora and Brycen, and against Grimsley too now that I think about it. Timburr looks sporty, so maybe that would've been a good choice.

DazedMinezumi
8th June 2011, 8:00 PM
What do ya'll think about the Cubchoo Line and Cryogonal? I used a Beartic in Black which was really helpful but I accidentally gave it all Ice Type Moves, and I'm currently using a Cryogonal in White. I wish they would give the next generation (Pokemon: Orange and Purple) an over-abundance of Ice types like they did with Dark Types this generation. What do ya'll think?

Silent Conversation
8th June 2011, 8:17 PM
I've heard okay things about Beartic and Cryogonal, but I used a Vanilluxe in my Black team and it did wonders for me.

PokemonOwn
8th June 2011, 8:21 PM
Scrafty is a Pokemon.

All similarities to anyone/any group of people or coincidental. There.

So, who was your favourite Water type in this Gen?

Samurott is hands down the best imo.
I haz epic sword of doom and i'z killz youz wiz my waterfalls.

I honestly thought it was Water/Fight when i first saw it.
It is useful ingame, like Feraligatr as it can utilise Waterfall brilliantly(and Surf, for that matter).

Basculin Keldeo. Or, Samurott.

What do ya'll think about the Cubchoo Line and Cryogonal? I used a Beartic in Black which was really helpful but I accidentally gave it all Ice Type Moves, and I'm currently using a Cryogonal in White. I wish they would give the next generation (Pokemon: Orange and Purple) an over-abundance of Ice types like they did with Dark Types this generation. What do ya'll think?

Cryogonal > Vanilluxe > Beartic.

I love Cryogonal. Swept Iris.

Grey Wind
8th June 2011, 8:28 PM
Cubchoo is adorable, and I like Beartic but his head is tiny

I trained one post game, but haven't used it much yet. It seems good but a bit frail

Dr. Leggs
8th June 2011, 8:30 PM
I love Cryogonal and Vanilluxe but Beartic... Blegh.

Favourite Water-type is probably Keldeo, followed by Tirtouga/Carracosta. Was really pleased with the low number of Water-types this time around XD

SasakiThePikachu
8th June 2011, 10:10 PM
I'm not judging anyone. I read through his previous posts, and although I didn't agree with his assessment, I didn't say anything. I held my tongue, or in this case, my fingers. I didn't decide to jump down his throat just because his ideas differed from mine. There are a lot of people here who were quick to bash his ideas, and I actually pity those people. It makes me sad that certain people can't read a post without pointing out flaws in it. It makes me even sadder to think that certain people seem to live for this, like it's some kind of addiction. I think they should look at their own flaws before judging others. If they can't handle the opinions of others, then they should ignore them and move on with their lives.

Why Kira, you wound me if you group me in with 'those people' :) I wasn't judging or bashing anyone either - Dattebayo said something which confused me, so I asked him to explain his (admittedly somewhat eccentric) point of view. He is quite entitled to use whatever pokemon he wants - I don't really care - I was just trying to fathom why he was equating disliking a certain group of people with using a certain pokemon species, because the one doesn't really have much to do with the other.

As for Beartic he's got some love right here - my Klaus was specially bred with Ice Punch (inaccuracy of icicle crash=no thanks) and Night Slash, and after being EV trained in atk he is a friggin BEAST. A glass cannon, perhaps, but still a cannon.

General Nonsense
8th June 2011, 11:13 PM
I can't say I'm a fan of any of the ice types this gen. Pure ice type is a bit boring IMO. The designs are okay, but they're just not very interesting

Cassiopeia
8th June 2011, 11:32 PM
I can't say I'm a fan of any of the ice types this gen. Pure ice type is a bit boring IMO. The designs are okay, but they're just not very interesting

I agree with this. Plain ice is boring...and its main use is to kill dragons.

General Nonsense
8th June 2011, 11:34 PM
I agree with this. Plain ice is boring...and its main use is to kill dragons.

Some ice types are awesome though, like Weavile, Articuno, Cloyster, and a few others, but pure ice is just bleh

Trainer Frankie
8th June 2011, 11:37 PM
A lot of pokemon have just a single type in this gen.

It feels like there's a lot of psychics, one of my fav types, so that's cool.

General Nonsense
8th June 2011, 11:44 PM
A lot of pokemon have just a single type in this gen.

It feels like there's a lot of psychics, one of my fav types, so that's cool.

There are a lot of psychics this gen. The only problem with that IMO is too many are pure psychic

Trainer Frankie
9th June 2011, 12:33 AM
I know, I never really thought about secondary types, but since this gen I see so many pure types, it feels kinda like the the first gen. I was looking at the list of psychics and saw a lot of pure psychics, that when I noticed the single type pattern in this gen. I mean, gothi's evo line seems like it would have another type alone.

Geekachu
9th June 2011, 12:41 AM
There are a lot of psychics this gen. The only problem with that IMO is too many are pure psychic

Well argubly the main Psychics in this gen were Reuniclus and Gothitelle, and since these two were version exclusives I guess it meant that the games weren't spammed with Psychic overload. Personally I much prefer Reuniclus, one of the reasons why I got White. Reuniclus may be slow but you can't argue with that Sp.Attack.

General Nonsense
9th June 2011, 12:44 AM
I know, I never really thought about secondary types, but since this gen I see so many pure types, it feels kinda like the the first gen. I was looking at the list of psychics and saw a lot of pure psychics, that when I noticed the single type pattern in this gen. I mean, gothi's evo line seems like it would have another type alone.

In a lot of ways, 5th gen closely resembles 1st gen.

I agree about the Goths. I keep thinking that they're dark type despite the fact I know better.

Silent Conversation
9th June 2011, 12:58 AM
If only they had decided to introduce a dark/psychic type this gen, because Gothitelle would have fit that perfectly. Plus a lot of people want that dual type, so it's a win-win.

Trainer Frankie
9th June 2011, 1:09 AM
In a lot of ways, 5th gen closely resembles 1st gen.

I agree about the Goths. I keep thinking that they're dark type despite the fact I know better.
Yep. Not to mention that a lot of pokemon are kinda like replacements of past pokemon.

And the goths do fit the dark type.

Dattebayo
9th June 2011, 1:36 AM
Not to mention Psychic/Dark grants it only one weakness: Bug. But due to the large number of strong bug types this gen, they thought it was a good idea to not give Gothi a dark typing.

Typhlosionvsworld
9th June 2011, 1:40 AM
I was seriously surprised at Gothitelle's typing. Goths are emo, right? Isn't that all dark and Hellish?

Dattebayo
9th June 2011, 1:44 AM
I was seriously surprised at Gothitelle's typing. Goths are emo, right? Isn't that all dark and Hellish?

Not to mention being anti-conformists. I wonder if people hate her due to their annoyance with goths in real life like my hate on Scrafty.

General Nonsense
9th June 2011, 1:47 AM
Goth =/= Emo. Remember that

Typhlosionvsworld
9th June 2011, 1:47 AM
Not to mention being anti-conformists. I wonder if people hate her due to their annoyance with goths in real life like my hate on Scrafty.

Scrafty is different. They're based off hoodlums, whom I see running around my town at every waking moment. Thus, I do not appreciate Scrafty's origins, but I do appreciate it as a Pokemon.

General Nonsense
9th June 2011, 1:57 AM
I feel like scrafty is overpowered. It has a fantastic physical movepool, dragon dance, moxie, and great stats to top it all off.

Typhlosionvsworld
9th June 2011, 1:58 AM
I feel like scrafty is overpowered. It has a fantastic physical movepool, dragon dance, moxie, and great stats to top it all off.

Yes, it can get very annoying.

Grei
9th June 2011, 2:01 AM
Why is everyone judging Dattebayo for not liking a pokemon based off of its dex entry? It makes perfect sense for people who tend to role play. I do. I like scrafty because I just happened to come across a good one and I decided to train it. It kicks so much butt it's not even funny. But if someone doesn't like how a pokemon is described that's their choice, it's an RPG anyway, so role-playing is a part of it for some people. For those of you who look at it like a meta-game and just a competitive field and don't bother to role play, I hope I cleared up things a little.

Dattebayo also made an earlier post saying that he didn't like Scraggy and Scrafty because they were gangsters, and he considers gangsters to be bullies, and bullies were mean to him at some point.

I dunno. I've been bullied before by shady-looking people, and I see no reason not to like an awesome Pokemon like Scrafty. Especially since... y'know, it's a Pokemon. A fictional creature that isn't going to call you names.

BUT ANYWAY

Scrafty > Conkeldurr, hands-down. Scrafty's STAB lets him completely kill in against almost all of Elite Four (except against Marshal, which is OK since Conkeldurr only helps you against Grimsley). Scrafty's awesome with Dragon Dance, has the bulk to take hits, and the strength to dish back lots of pain.

And I'm not even biased--that's all true.

As for Water-types... may favorites this Gen are Palpitoad and the Oshawott line. I love them all. :3

And Beartic is better than Cryogonal. Cryogonal is so fragile, while Beartic's badass. At least Cryogonal is fast enough to not take too many hits. I've never tried Vanilluxe, but I imagine he rules.

Dattebayo
9th June 2011, 2:19 AM
[SIZE="1"]Scrafty > Conkeldurr, hands-down. Scrafty's STAB lets him completely kill in against almost all of Elite Four (except against Marshal, which is OK since Conkeldurr only helps you against Grimsley). Scrafty's awesome with Dragon Dance, has the bulk to take hits, and the strength to dish back lots of pain.

But Conkeldurr is a Muppet on steroids <3, not some gangsta wannbe. Plus he's the primary reason why fighting types are so dominant this gen.

I've never tried Vanilluxe, but I imagine he rules.

Not with the movepool he has though, for it lacks any good coverage against Fire and Psychic besides HP, which is unreliable, and Water Pulse, which isn't powerful enough.

Invisible Lapras
9th June 2011, 2:23 AM
I don't like Emboar & Pignite. They are fighting type, which kind of means they have more weaknesses.

maxximuscree
9th June 2011, 2:29 AM
ugh another fire/fighting type starter. evolved mine so it would be on the dex, then got another and left it as is(OHMYGOSHTEHPIGISCUTE!!!!!)

Dattebayo
9th June 2011, 2:31 AM
ugh another fire/fighting type starter. evolved mine so it would be on the dex, then got another and left it as is(OHMYGOSHTEHPIGISCUTE!!!!!)

Well be happy that it isn't weak to Stealth Rock unlike most fire types, who all end up in the lower tiers.

General Nonsense
9th June 2011, 3:36 AM
Well be happy that it isn't weak to Stealth Rock unlike most fire types, who all end up in the lower tiers.

Good thing Stealth Rock isn't very common in-game

Dattebayo
9th June 2011, 3:55 AM
Good thing Stealth Rock isn't very common in-game

Which is sad because we need smarter trainers with smogon sets for each Pokemon in their teams in-game.

Paradoxe
9th June 2011, 5:48 AM
I would give my left nut for a Fire/Electric or Fire/Psychic starter next gen.

General Nonsense
9th June 2011, 5:52 AM

I'd personally like a fire/dark or fire/poison. Yeah poison isn't the best 2nd typing, but I like poison types. Fire/electric would be cool too.

Cassiopeia
9th June 2011, 5:55 AM

Fire/Dark, and Fire/Electric sound like good ones (of course the double weakness to ground on fire/Electric, but oh well)

General Nonsense
9th June 2011, 5:57 AM
Fire/Grass or Fire/Ice would be epic lol

Grei
9th June 2011, 6:05 AM
But Conkeldurr is a Muppet on steroids <3, not some gangsta wannbe. Plus he's the primary reason why fighting types are so dominant this gen.

...?

I'm not sure how Conkeldurr is any more of a reason why Fighting-types are dominant this Gen than Scrafty. Besides, Scrafty's got dual STAB, immunity to the Psychic-type, way better defenses at the expense of a fairly decent Attack stat, and a more diverse moveset, along with access to Bulk Up and ShedRest, or Moxie for constant attack boosts. Conkeldurr is strong, but even slower and less bulky than Scrafty, and doesn't have as diverse of a moveset.

I dunno. Both are useful, but I think Scrafty's more useful. But in any case, Conkeldurr's not the sole reason for the Fighting-type domination.

Silent Conversation
9th June 2011, 6:24 AM
They just have to make a fire/ice Pokemon one day. It won't be a starter, because it would be too powerful against grass, but for just a general Pokemon, it must be done. I could definitely see fire/electric being a 6th gen starter, though. Unlikely, but possible, and another really cool type.

As for my earlier question on Scrafty vs. Conkeldurr, I'm seeing a lot more reasons for why I should use Scrafty (my original choice) then why I should use Conkeldurr (my second choice), so I guess I'll stick with my instinct.

General Nonsense
9th June 2011, 6:38 AM
I wonder what a fire/ice type would look like. I have no idea

Chairman
9th June 2011, 7:59 AM
I'd personally like a fire/dark or fire/poison. Yeah poison isn't the best 2nd typing, but I like poison types. Fire/electric would be cool too.

What about Houndoom

KuroiMawile
9th June 2011, 8:02 AM
I wonder what a fire/ice type would look like. I have no idea

It'd be the Baked Alaska Pokemon.

As much as I love poison types, I don't want any more of them. Not when they only are advantageous on one type (that is neutralized by 7 of those typed Pokemon). If they changed poison to be strong on, say water types, surely it would be a more useful, less situational type for attacks.

Geekachu
9th June 2011, 10:20 AM
As much as I love poison types, I don't want any more of them.

I don't think they can do that :L But I agree Poison types are a bit abused and shoved in the gutter. They're like the shameful son of types that no one speaks of. Anyway, enough Similies, but I wish that they'd introduced another really good Poison Type line this Gen to stand up for the underappreciation of Poison Types. And plus the Pokemon League hasn't had any Poison Type representation since the second Gen with Koga and Janine, but even then they were borrowed characters from Gen I. I'd definitely like to see more Poison representation in the future.

Poor Poison types (I don't even like them that much I just feel sorry for them, they've become worse than BUG TYPES, and we all know how cruddy they were early on)

XXD17
9th June 2011, 11:34 AM
I don't get why there still isn't a grass/ dragon yet...I've had high hopes for serperior but being starter, that wasn't possible...I'm still waiting for a tropius evo that may be grass/ dragon...

SasakiThePikachu
9th June 2011, 12:57 PM
I don't think they can do that :L But I agree Poison types are a bit abused and shoved in the gutter. They're like the shameful son of types that no one speaks of. Anyway, enough Similies, but I wish that they'd introduced another really good Poison Type line this Gen to stand up for the underappreciation of Poison Types. And plus the Pokemon League hasn't had any Poison Type representation since the second Gen with Koga and Janine, but even then they were borrowed characters from Gen I. I'd definitely like to see more Poison representation in the future.

Poor Poison types (I don't even like them that much I just feel sorry for them, they've become worse than BUG TYPES, and we all know how cruddy they were early on)

It doesn't help that poison drew the short straw in typing: they are supereffective against pure grass only, and by 5th gen most grass types have got a dual typing to cover that weakness. Dunno 'bout you guys, but Toxic is practically the only poison type move I have ever bothered teaching any of my teams. I understand that GF have always bigged poison types up as more bulk and annoyance over pure power, but I think it's silly to have an entire typing based on that - there really ought to be more + attack or + spd poisons out there for trainers who like variety. Maybe if there was a poison Eeveelution (Toxeon, Veneon, Poiseon, Bactereon, Corroseon, Pulluteon...well they suck, but you get my drift...) the type would get more love.

XXD17 - yeeeeeessss!!! Oh, I hope that happens. Tropius has so much untapped potential.

Unova's Champ
9th June 2011, 1:03 PM
I don't get why there still isn't a grass/ dragon yet...I've had high hopes for serperior but being starter, that wasn't possible...I'm still waiting for a tropius evo that may be grass/ dragon...

Grass dragon would be pretty sick

General Nonsense
9th June 2011, 3:07 PM
What about Houndoom

I never said it was a unique typing, I just said it would be cool to have a starter that's fire/dark

Dattebayo
9th June 2011, 3:41 PM
...?

I'm not sure how Conkeldurr is any more of a reason why Fighting-types are dominant this Gen than Scrafty.

Base 140 Attack, Guts, Drain Punch/Mach Punch, these these things combined are self-explanatory.

Mangoes
9th June 2011, 3:54 PM
Grass dragon would be pretty sick

I think it should be a Jade Dragon pokemon that would be the mascot for a game in gen 6.

MdeSilva
9th June 2011, 4:27 PM
And a Dark Dragon maybe...

General Nonsense
9th June 2011, 4:53 PM
And a Dark Dragon maybe...

Hydreigon's whole evolutionary line is Dark/Dragon

RegiGuy
9th June 2011, 5:00 PM
I'm tired of Dragon Pokemon being the legendary main Pokemon. Why can't there be a fighting type or even a normal type on the cover of a pokemon game?

General Nonsense
9th June 2011, 5:01 PM
I'm tired of Dragon Pokemon being the legendary main Pokemon. Why can't there be a fighting type or even a normal type on the cover of a pokemon game?

Or poison, or bug, or some other unloved type

RegiGuy
9th June 2011, 5:03 PM
Exactly, let there be a bug-poison legendary type on the next box, why not? The only reason why dragon types are very powerful is because Game Freak makes them that way, and it's also the reason why Magikarp sucks because Game Freak made it that way.

General Nonsense
9th June 2011, 5:06 PM
Exactly, let there be a bug-poison legendary type on the next box, why not? The only reason why dragon types are very powerful is because Game Freak makes them that way, and it's also the reason why Magikarp sucks because Game Freak made it that way.

Poor magikarp :( *hugs magikarp*

Grey Wind
9th June 2011, 5:06 PM
inb4 'omg u fool Magikarp pwns'

Dragons are mythical creatures, I think it makes sense for them to be portrayed as legendaries. All the mascot dragons are getting slightly tedious, but I'd rather to have a dragon then some bug.

General Nonsense
9th June 2011, 5:09 PM
A bug/dragon type would be good :)

RegiGuy
9th June 2011, 5:10 PM
Hmm... I never thought of it that way. Anyway, I was just using the Bug as an example. Honestly, I wouldn't want a bug representing the box cover either, but I would like to see a different type on the cover in the new games, like Kyogre and Groudon.

Pokémon Trainer J
9th June 2011, 6:32 PM
They should re-do a new Dragon/Ice pokémon... i know there is Kyurem and a lot of people like it, but to be totally honest its design sucks, it looks like a freaking freeze featherless chicken not imponent or impressive at all, what a waste of great type combination

Geekachu
9th June 2011, 6:40 PM
They should re-do a new Dragon/Ice pokémon... i know there is Kyurem and a lot of people like it, but to be totally honest its design sucks, it looks like a freaking freeze featherless chicken not imponent or impressive at all, what a waste of great type combination

I think that it's pretty given that Kyurem's gonna get another form in the 3rd Game, so I reckon they'll definitely improve on its intentionally bad design.

And as for the poor Poison Types mentioned on the previous page, it would be cool if they made a Dragon/Poison Pseudo Legendary next gen, just to big up the Poison Types. I know, it would probably have a few weaknesses however it's pretty guaranteed that a Dragon/Poison Pokemon would have an aweome design.

Chibi_Muffin
9th June 2011, 6:43 PM
An idea for a Poison legendary:

A Water legend with two forms, one which is clean water and the other that is polluted. =P

Yeah, there are too many dragons on the boxes. But it does look appealing to the target audience, I guess. And at least the designs and secondary types of the mascots are always fairly fresh and interesting.

AquaRegisteel
9th June 2011, 6:44 PM
^I want it to be Hydreigon on Steroids...

Silent Conversation
9th June 2011, 6:56 PM
An idea for a Poison legendary:

A Water legend with two forms, one which is clean water and the other that is polluted. =P

I think this would be kind of dull to be a legendary, but a regular Pokemon like this would be awesome. You could find the Clean Form in some pure, natural area of the region, but then find the Polluted Form in some dirty and trashy area.

The Oncoming Storm
9th June 2011, 7:20 PM
I not suprisingly want more electric legendaries. But other then that I think posibly a ground and flying legend duo. I actually really Like the poison type legend. Or maybe a metal and ghost duo.

Geekachu
9th June 2011, 7:43 PM
I think this would be kind of dull to be a legendary, but a regular Pokemon like this would be awesome. You could find the Clean Form in some pure, natural area of the region, but then find the Polluted Form in some dirty and trashy area.

Sounds like a indicator slug thing. It's a cool idea, but I just wish they'd make some more interesting Poison Types. Steel/Poison, or as I've said before a Dragon/Poison Pseudo Legendary. It would be the lovechild of Seviper and Hydreigon :D

Or maybe a metal and ghost duo.

Or a Steel/Ghost Pokemon would be cool, a Ghost Suit of Armour. Imagine all those immunities and resistances :D

Dattebayo
9th June 2011, 8:12 PM
We already have a legendary representing pure cleanse in water, it's called Suicune.

Silent Conversation
9th June 2011, 8:24 PM
I not suprisingly want more electric legendaries.

Why? We have 4 electric type legendaries, while we don't have a single poison type and only 1 dark type. If next gen focuses on a certain type for legendaries, I pray it's not electric. I like that type, but it has enough compared to other types.

The Oncoming Storm
9th June 2011, 8:45 PM
I just love electric types but i do want a metal/ghost and metal/poison legend duo sooooooooo bad!!!!

Grei
9th June 2011, 8:55 PM
Base 140 Attack, Guts, Drain Punch/Mach Punch, these these things combined are self-explanatory.

Um.

Besides, Scrafty's got dual STAB, immunity to the Psychic-type, way better defenses at the expense of a fairly decent Attack stat, and a more diverse moveset, along with access to Bulk Up and ShedRest, or Moxie for constant attack boosts.

No, it's not self-explanatory. Conkeldurr isn't "THE Fighting-type" when Scrafty is just as good as, if not better than, Conkeldurr.

As for my earlier question on Scrafty vs. Conkeldurr, I'm seeing a lot more reasons for why I should use Scrafty (my original choice) then why I should use Conkeldurr (my second choice), so I guess I'll stick with my instinct.

Good choice. I hear that Conkeldurr is only good for the metagame anyway, not as good in-game. Scrafty is good in both.

Well, they could make it work. Like, some Legendary based off of a sea monster (probably not Loch Ness, but maybe something similar to it) that has one Forme when it's exposed to pure water, and another Forme when it's exposed to polluted water.

Though that does work as a standalone non-Legendary, so... yeah.

CaptainCombusken
9th June 2011, 10:01 PM
To be honest, I don't see why there isn't a place for both. They're both good in different ways. The same applies to every other Pokemon. Granted, some Pokemon will never be good, but they're designed that way. There are only a few Pokemon I wouldn't use because they're "not strong enough".

General Nonsense
9th June 2011, 10:04 PM
To be honest, I don't see why there isn't a place for both. They're both good in different ways. The same applies to every other Pokemon. Granted, some Pokemon will never be good, but they're designed that way. There are only a few Pokemon I wouldn't use because they're "not strong enough".

Thank you for saying this, I couldn't agree more

Typhlosionvsworld
9th June 2011, 10:09 PM
Do you think that Hydreigon evolves way too late? I believe so, because Zekious isn't too strong, which makes it tough.

Silent Conversation
9th June 2011, 10:11 PM
Do you think that Hydreigon evolves way too late? I believe so, because Zekious isn't too strong, which makes it tough.

But Hydreigon is very, very powerful, so they make you work extremely hard to get an extremely powerful Pokemon.

Typhlosionvsworld
9th June 2011, 10:15 PM
But Hydreigon is very, very powerful, so they make you work extremely hard to get an extremely powerful Pokemon.

All the author Pseudo-Legendary Pokemon are as well, and they evolve much earlier.

Another problem is that it doesn't get Dark Pulse by Level Up.

Silent Conversation
9th June 2011, 10:18 PM
All the author Pseudo-Legendary Pokemon are as well, and they evolve much earlier.

That's because this generation, they decided to increase the levels a lot of Pokemon evolve at. However, making that hard is cancelled out by the Lucky Egg, which makes training easy.

General Nonsense
9th June 2011, 10:18 PM

With that being said, just about everything evolves much later this gen than in previous gens, so compared to the other pokemon in 5th gen, Zweilous evolves at a reasonable level.

Grey Wind
9th June 2011, 10:24 PM
That's because this generation, they decided to increase the levels a lot of Pokemon evolve at. However, making that hard is cancelled out by the Lucky Egg, which makes training easy.
They also have the Sports Domes, Roayl Unova, Audino, Cynthia and Morimoto to train.

It still was a pain to train up that little Deino though.

Typhlosionvsworld
9th June 2011, 10:24 PM

True. Axew evolves kinda late compared to 4th gen Pokemon, so the Lucky Egg was a gift from heaven. (so were Audinos. lv 48 Audinos while Lucky Egging give over 6,000 EXP, so I evolved my Fraxure in a few minutes.

I'm complaining because I want to train Deino, but its so weak!

BCVM22
9th June 2011, 10:26 PM
Again, that's by design. They're not going to hand you a weapon as potent as Hydreigon without making you work extensively for it.

Dattebayo
9th June 2011, 10:30 PM

But Hydreigon's an inferior pseudo-legendary because it doesn't have a base stat of over 130, which all pseudo-legendaries have.

Typhlosionvsworld
9th June 2011, 10:30 PM
I see your points.

Anyway, do you guys think that wild Pokemon were too evolved?

I mean, I found a wild Crobat and Metagross. You can even find Dragonite.

The Oncoming Storm
9th June 2011, 10:31 PM
My only complaint about hydriegon is i have to get a seviper with dark pulse to get a dark pulse one.

BCVM22
9th June 2011, 10:37 PM
Anyway, do you guys think that wild Pokemon were too evolved?

Oh lord, not again.

Typhlosionvsworld
9th June 2011, 10:40 PM
Oh lord, not again.

What are you talking about? Why do you feel the need to spam everywhere you go?

R_N
9th June 2011, 10:43 PM
Good choice. I hear that Conkeldurr is only good for the metagame anyway, not as good in-game. Scrafty is good in both.

speaking as someone who used Conkeldurr, he's great in-game so

BCVM22
9th June 2011, 10:44 PM
Why do you feel the need to spam everywhere you go?

That's pretty funny coming from you. I can only assume you're attempting to be humorously ironic and that you actually know better than to accuse someone else of that.

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?p=12489998#post12489998

Here. Start at post #3098 and read from there.

There. I just saved the world the trouble of going through that misbegotten attempt at a "discussion" again.

The Oncoming Storm
9th June 2011, 10:44 PM
Them being there makes it seem more realistic. It finally shows that they can evolve without trainers

Grei
9th June 2011, 10:50 PM

Despite my love for Scrafty, I completely agree. Both are strong, I don't see why Scrafty and Conkeldurr can't both be "THE Fighting-type." I'm not sure why that has to be exclusive to Conkeldurr.

But Hydreigon's an inferior pseudo-legendary because it doesn't have a base stat of over 130, which all pseudo-legendaries have.

I am completely lost as to how this makes Hydreigon inferior. I think you think too cut-and-dry about these things.

speaking as someone who used Conkeldurr, he's great in-game so

You are honestly the first person I've heard that from.

Grey Wind
9th June 2011, 10:55 PM
What are you talking about? Why do you feel the need to spam everywhere you go?
How on earth does BCVM22 spam? All he does is tell people who bring up the same pointless arguments again and again that it's stupid.

Although I think he took up your post wrong, as I thought you were asking 'what Pokemon have you found there' rather than complaining about it

Dattebayo
9th June 2011, 10:59 PM
I am completely lost as to how this makes Hydreigon inferior. I think you think too cut-and-dry about these things.

Compare Hydreigon's highest base stat to every other pseudo legendary's highest base stat, and you'll see the difference.

The Oncoming Storm
9th June 2011, 11:00 PM
Bcvm22 also harshes on peoples opinions very often. Even after its pointed out that they are just sharing what they think he tells them they're being stupid for that decision.

Grey Wind
9th June 2011, 11:03 PM
Compare Hydreigon's highest base stat to every other pseudo legendary's highest base stat, and you'll see the difference.
Just because one of his stats doesn't go over 130 doesn't mean he is inferior.

Bcvm22 also harshes on peoples opinions very often. Even after its pointed out that they are just sharing what they think he tells them they're being stupid for that decision.
They are being stupid.

R_N
9th June 2011, 11:11 PM
You are honestly the first person I've heard that from.

You probably couldn't hear them over the continuous punches to all the faces (WITH CONCRETE PILLAR-CANES) because I've heard from several people that used him that's he's pretty good.

And I used the inferior Sheer Force version!

rykerr1
9th June 2011, 11:16 PM

Hydreigon has a great move pool and well distributed stats. It's the only pokemon in the game that I ever had trouble beating. I don't see how it's inferior.

General Nonsense
9th June 2011, 11:40 PM
Hydreigon has a great move pool and well distributed stats. It's the only pokemon in the game that I ever had trouble beating. I don't see how it's inferior.

Not to mention it lacks the 4x weakness to ice that most of its fellow dragons possess

SasakiThePikachu
10th June 2011, 12:09 AM
They are being stupid.

So what, BCVM22 has appointed himself the stupid police? Perhaps what Volt Trainer is getting at is that it's a little annoying when certain people only seem to have an opinion when they're busy crapping on other people's opinions...

On another topic, am I the only one who looks at Kyurem and thinks 'raptor' instead of 'ice chicken'? I think the poor guy gets bad mouthed too much over his design.

Mister_SGG
10th June 2011, 12:15 AM
Lemme settle all this argument...

1. Hydreigon is a great Pokemon, despite not having a 130+ Base Stat. He's one of the few Pseudo Legendaries that has both offensive stats at 100+.

2. Kyurem does look like a raptor in the right light, but I still think chicken when I see him.

3. BCVM22 does seem to like to argue, but he is doing it to correct people who are wrong therefore enlarging their brains, yes?

BCVM22
10th June 2011, 12:16 AM
Perhaps what Volt Trainer is getting at is that it's a little annoying when certain people only seem to have an opinion when they're busy crapping on other people's opinions...

You could see it that way, or you could see it as me having no opinion on matters like "do you think final-stage Pokémon should be able to be caught in the wild?" because I realize that not only am I not forced to catch those critters if I don't like, but that whether I love or hate it has no effect on anything in any larger sense.

Either way.

On another topic, am I the only one who looks at Kyurem and thinks 'raptor' instead of 'ice chicken'?

People seem to think hunched-over theropod (T-rex, etc.) as much as they do "ice chicken", really.

I think the poor guy gets bad mouthed too much over his design.

Does he?

(As in, no, really, does he?, i.e. I'm asking if that's what you've observed around here and elsewhere. Just so's you don't call me the... what was it, "the stupid police"? again)

General Nonsense
10th June 2011, 12:19 AM
Does he?

(As in, no, really, does he?, i.e. I'm asking if that's what you've observed around here and elsewhere. Just so's you don't call me the... what was it, "the stupid police"? again)

Tons of people say that. Call him a chicken, I mean

SasakiThePikachu
10th June 2011, 12:32 AM
Lemme settle all this argument...

1. Hydreigon is a great Pokemon, despite not having a 130+ Base Stat. He's one of the few Pseudo Legendaries that has both offensive stats at 100+.

2. Kyurem does look like a raptor in the right light, but I still think chicken when I see him.

3. BCVM22 does seem to like to argue, but he is doing it to correct people who are wrong therefore enlarging their brains, yes?

1. Indeed. He's also proof that even the long-awaited dark/dragon combo, with superior stats, based off a friggin HYDRA (which has got to be one of the most awesome mythical monsters ever) is still not pseudo-legendary enough for some fans ^^;

2. Fair enough, I just don't see it myself. Blaziken, yes. Walking KFC. Kyurem...nah, not so much.

3. My point, SGG, was what gives anyone the right to decide that other people's opinions are wrong or 'stupid' and correct them for it, thereby 'enlightening' them? That's a very condescending attitude to take, and can easily rub people the wrong way.

BCVM22
10th June 2011, 12:47 AM
Tons of people say that. Call him a chicken, I mean

Not to his face, I bet!

Heyo.

General Nonsense
10th June 2011, 12:50 AM
Not to his face, I bet!

Heyo.

I heard that people who do get their heads ripped off

Lorde
10th June 2011, 12:51 AM
3. My point, SGG, was what gives anyone the right to decide that other people's opinions are wrong or 'stupid' and correct them for it, thereby 'enlightening' them? That's a very condescending attitude to take, and can easily rub people the wrong way.

The way I see it, if you think something is "stupid", then you should just ignore it. That's what normal people would do, instead of wasting time arguing with others about meaningless stuff. I suddenly remember how everyone was arguing about Scrafty the other day, even though the whole argument was completely pointless. People should feel free to disagree with others, but they shouldn't take it upon themselves to "rid the forum of stupidity" or what have you. I say, let the Moderators handle that.

And on the topic of Hydreigon (well, it was a topic before the argument started) I finally evolved my Zweilous into one. I heard people complain that it was an extremely tedious task to evolve a Deino into a Zweilous and then into a Hydreigon, but I thought it was easy. I used Exp Share for the training, and I managed to finish the task in just three days. Not bad for someone who dislikes actually having to train their Pokemon :p

Pokémon Trainer J
10th June 2011, 12:56 AM
It would be more raptor-ish if it had a nice set of jaws instead of that freeze beak

Victoria
10th June 2011, 1:21 AM
On a completely different note, I suggest a discussion of cutest pokémon! I'd say Ducklett! C:

rykerr1
10th June 2011, 1:26 AM
On a completely different note, I suggest a discussion of cutest pokémon! I'd say Ducklett! C:

Lillipup is adorable, as is Tepig =)

Mister_SGG
10th June 2011, 1:26 AM
Nah, Teddiursa or Cubchoo are the cutest Pokemon.

Grei
10th June 2011, 1:27 AM

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see stupidity. And there is such a thing as a stupid opinion. People who know what's up are generally grateful for BCVM's method of debunking stupid ideas.

Anyway, I'm not sure why this thread became a BCVM discussion topic, so how's about we discuss a topic relevant to this specific thread, hmm?

Dattebayo, Hydreigon is incredibly powerful. Again, your way of thinking is cut-and-dry, black and white, and it doesn't coincide with reality. Only one Pokemon can be the best, this Pokemon is no good because it can't cover these weaknesses, that Pokemon's stats aren't distributed like these Pokemon so therefore that Pokemon is bad, etc. Stop thinking like that.

Hydreigon's more balanced than other pseudo-Legendaries. That in no way, shape, or form makes Hydreigon inherently "bad," or worse than other pseudo-Legendaries. Also, Hydreigon's got more immunities than other pseudo-Legendaries and doesn't have a crippling Ice weakness like every other Dragon pseudo-Legendary. Sounds to me like Hydreigon is more smartly-built than past pseudo-Legendaries, and to me, that would certainly not mean that Hydreigon is inferior in the least.

Think things through.

EDIT: Since we suddenly shifted to cute Pokemon as a topic of discussion, I think Tepig, Tympole (yes, Tympole), Sewaddle, and Darumaka are adorable. Cubchoo is disgusting, honestly.

General Nonsense
10th June 2011, 1:41 AM
Axew is adorable :3

Mister_SGG
10th June 2011, 1:44 AM
Axew is adorable :3

Yeah, he is.

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/thumb/5/5c/610Axew.png/160px-610Axew.png

King Lawliet
10th June 2011, 1:50 AM
5 posts in and no-one has mentioned Joltik? I am truly disappointed.

Also just to add onto Grei's point, Pokémon is constantly changing and new moves are being released with Pokémon in events, Pokémon are getting banned and changing tiers so you can't really say that Hydreigon is 100% bad as something might come along and change all of that.

Mister_SGG
10th June 2011, 1:53 AM
I will never, ever consider a spider "cute."

General Nonsense
10th June 2011, 1:54 AM

Oh my gosh how did I forget joltik!?!?!! D=

Joltik is the only pokemon that legitimately makes me squee

rykerr1
10th June 2011, 1:56 AM
I will never, ever consider a spider "cute."[/SIZE][/FONT]

I love Joltik =/ I don't really think it looks like a spider. I know it's supposed to be a small spider or something, but it looks more like popcorn to me. Which is fine, because I also hate spiders. I am definitely not a huge fan of Galvantula.

XXD17
10th June 2011, 1:57 AM
If it's cuteness, then my faves this gen would have to be axew, whimsicott, and gothita...

Grei
10th June 2011, 2:10 AM

That's irrelevant, though. Joltik isn't a spider, it's a tick.

Not that that fact makes it any cuter, but I personally think it's pretty cute. It's a ball of fuzz the size of your palm.

はるひ
10th June 2011, 2:17 AM

Gothitelle and Hydreigon~

Silent Conversation
10th June 2011, 2:27 AM
Gothitelle

Understandable, especially from you.

and Hydreigon

Oh boy, I don't wanna start this again...

I'd say cutest Pokemon introduced this gen is Cubchoo. Being so small and gentle makes it cute already, but for some reason adding that snot dripping from its nose makes it seem more cute as opposed to less.

KuroiMawile
10th June 2011, 2:31 AM
Mienshao is elegantly adorable. (and surprisingly effective)

Silent Conversation
10th June 2011, 2:32 AM
If we're factoring elegance into this, then I would say that Virizion is one of the cutest Pokemon. But to me, elegance and cuteness are two totally different topics, which is why I didn't include Virizion, because I don't find it cute at all.

Dattebayo
10th June 2011, 2:56 AM
Hydreigon's more balanced than other pseudo-Legendaries. That in no way, shape, or form makes Hydreigon inherently "bad," or worse than other pseudo-Legendaries. Also, Hydreigon's got more immunities than other pseudo-Legendaries and doesn't have a crippling Ice weakness like every other Dragon pseudo-Legendary. Sounds to me like Hydreigon is more smartly-built than past pseudo-Legendaries, and to me, that would certainly not mean that Hydreigon is inferior in the least.

Think things through.

Hydreigon may have no crippling weakness, but it gained two more weaknesses because of its dark typing, and one of them is the most dominant type in the metagame. Plus it's not fast enough to beat Chomp and Mence without a Choice Scarf.

The Oncoming Storm
10th June 2011, 3:01 AM
The cutest is duosion and Zoroua! They're both cute as hell.

I only mentioned the thing about bcvm22 because I've previously had opinions that made perfect sense to me that he didnt get and he tried to completly rip apart my opinion. I just want to post my opinion and be able to explain my reasoning without some one telling me im stupid.

Grei
10th June 2011, 3:03 AM
Hydreigon may have no crippling weakness, but it gained two more weaknesses because of its dark typing, and one of them is the most dominant type in the metagame. Plus it's not fast enough to beat Chomp and Mence without a Choice Scarf.

What part of "you think too cut-and-dry, black-and-white" do you not understand? The metagame isn't everything, especially when not every single team in the metagame is going to have something that is a threat to Hydreigon.

Stop thinking like this. If you think like this, then pretty much every single Pokemon is awful, because no Pokemon can handle every single on of its weaknesses. If you're going to persist in this really bizarre way of thinking, take it to the competitive section or something.

Dattebayo
10th June 2011, 3:08 AM
What part of "you think too cut-and-dry, black-and-white" do you not understand? The metagame isn't everything, especially when not every single team in the metagame is going to have something that is a threat to Hydreigon.

Stop thinking like this. If you think like this, then pretty much every single Pokemon is awful, because no Pokemon can handle every single on of its weaknesses. If you're going to persist in this really bizarre way of thinking, take it to the competitive section or something.

I can't help me, Smogon has influenced my way of playing Pokemon, and I became one of their drones, and I like it.

I find Oshawott oh-so cute. Just look at that face of his, you just want to snuggle it.

King Lawliet
10th June 2011, 3:10 AM
I'd say cutest Pokemon introduced this gen is Cubchoo. Being so small and gentle makes it cute already, but for some reason adding that snot dripping from its nose makes it seem more cute as opposed to less.
I like Cubchoo but I personally wasn't a big fan of the snot

Garchomp and Salamence gets banished to Ubers, is Hydreigon still "bad"?

Grei
10th June 2011, 3:12 AM
I can't help me, Smogon has influenced my way of playing Pokemon, and I became one of their drones, and I like it.

I suppose once you go there, there's no turning back. I'm happy I'm too lazy to get involved in competitive battling.

Dattebayo
10th June 2011, 3:13 AM
Garchomp and Salamence gets banished to Ubers, is Hydreigon still "bad"?

If that ever happens, Hydreigon is good now, but then there's Infernape.

Lorde
10th June 2011, 3:14 AM

That sounds pretty depressing. I get that some people are into competitive battling, but I think there's more to Pokemon than just that. I've never even bothered to EV train or hunt down Pokemon with the proper natures. I just sort of do my own thing. There are hardships along the way, but I like experimenting as I play the games.

So yeah, I'm just saying that you shouldn't let Smogon influence your way of playing Pokemon. You should do what you like, instead of following the crowd.

I find Oshawott oh-so cute. Just look at that face of his, you just want to snuggle it.

I know right? I just want to pinch his chubby cheeks.

はるひ
10th June 2011, 3:51 AM
Dugtrio is cute as well. I mean come on... it has 3 heads that look alike and they are cute when they get mad lol

Poor Dugtrio. They are adorable yet they dont have such good stats. I plan on using one for my Giratina themed team tho'. Simipour is cute to. It looks like a little girl. And Bisharp as well. Look at it's head and it animation.

Grei
10th June 2011, 3:54 AM
Poor Dugtrio. They are adorable yet they dont have such good stats. I plan on using one for my Giratina themed team tho'.

How is Dugtrio "Giratina-themed?"

Silent Conversation
10th June 2011, 4:00 AM
Simipour is cute to. It looks like a little girl.

I laughed so hard at this, knowing that Simipour is really based off Bob Marley.

Dattebayo
10th June 2011, 4:02 AM
I laughed so hard at this, knowing that Simipour is really based off Bob Marley.

And a hippy, which Eric Cartman despises, so I should despise it also.

KuroiMawile
10th June 2011, 4:03 AM

Maybe I missed it, but was it ever explicitly said that the 'simi-mon' were based on musicians?

Silent Conversation
10th June 2011, 4:08 AM
Maybe I missed it, but was it ever explicitly said that the 'simi-mon' were based on musicians?

I don't think it was ever officially confirmed, but it has been very heavily implied. Besides, just look at a picture of Simipour then look at a picture of Bob Marley, and the resemblance is perfectly clear.

General Nonsense
10th June 2011, 4:11 AM

-Silver- isn't the only one who thinks this. I have always thought that Simipour looks like a girl, despite the fact that everyone says it's based off of Bob Marley.

はるひ
10th June 2011, 4:15 AM
-Silver- isn't the only one who thinks this. I have always thought that Simipour looks like a girl, despite the fact that everyone says it's based off of Bob Marley.

It's hairstyle looks more like Amy Rose from Sonic the Hedgehog than Bob Marley. But that's just me.

Silent Conversation
10th June 2011, 4:17 AM
I wasn't laughing that someone thought it looked like a girl, I was laughing at the irony that a Pokemon specifically based off a man is being called a girl.

はるひ
10th June 2011, 4:19 AM
I didn't know it was based off a man lol

Silent Conversation
10th June 2011, 4:20 AM
I'll admit, though, if we're going by the masculinity of the Simis, Simipour is the least masculin when comparing it to Simisage and, to a lesser extent, Simisear.

はるひ
10th June 2011, 4:25 AM
How is Dugtrio "Giratina-themed?"

This is only me, but a Giratina themed team is mostly consisting of friendly Pokemon. Since I like to think of Giratina as that. I have themed teams for only 3 Pokemon :p

rocky505
10th June 2011, 6:29 AM
What musical type of person is simisear based on? Micheal Jackson? I know Sage is elvis and Pour is Bob Marley

Grei
10th June 2011, 6:39 AM
What musical type of person is simisear based on? Micheal Jackson? I know Sage is elvis and Pour is Bob Marley

How in the world did you get Micheal Jackson from Simisear?

I can't remember exactly which musician 'Sear is based off of, but I know for certain that it's not Micheal Jackson.

rocky505
10th June 2011, 7:05 AM
How in the world did you get Micheal Jackson from Simisear?

I can't remember exactly which musician 'Sear is based off of, but I know for certain that it's not Micheal Jackson. it has a Micheal type of pose. Look at it's creepy hands. He looks like he is about to do the moon walk.

R_N
10th June 2011, 7:38 AM

Well if you want to get technical, it's actually probably a tick

The Oncoming Storm
10th June 2011, 7:44 AM
isnt simisear bob dylan? I believe someone said this.

MetalFlygon08
10th June 2011, 8:00 AM
I've heard Hendrix (or however you spell it)

Zhanton
10th June 2011, 8:19 AM
This is only me, but a Giratina themed team is mostly consisting of friendly Pokemon. Since I like to think of Giratina as that. I have themed teams for only 3 Pokemon :p
UMMMM...

In all honesty though, although I saw the resemblance between Elvis and Simisage straight away I've only recently noticed that resemblance between Simipour and Bob Marley. Gasp.

Chibi_Muffin
10th June 2011, 8:45 AM
Yeah... I see Simipour as a 'reggae monkey', myself (I named him Marley). But for a while I saw Simisage with a mohawk rather than a quiff. XD

For those who are curious, apparently Simisear is Bob Dylan.

=P Your call, I guess. I mean, I see my Hydreigon as a puppy-like goofball, so I can't complain (and somehow a really kind Giratina is sort of funny).

iShock
10th June 2011, 8:52 AM
What musical type of person is simisear based on? Micheal Jackson? I know Sage is elvis and Pour is Bob Marley Your all wrong. Simisage is Elvis, Simipour is MJ, and Simisear is Bob Marley. Correct.

streetlightdsb
10th June 2011, 10:38 AM
Your all wrong. Simisage is Elvis, Simipour is MJ, and Simisear is Bob Marley. Correct.

Sad trolling attempt?

Simisage=Elvis
Simipour= Bob Marley
Simisear= Bob Dylan

On another note, the 3 simis and their prevos are pretty excellent designs IMO. The sprites combined with the whole see no evil/hear no evil/speak no evil thing is really clever.

iShock
10th June 2011, 10:48 AM
Ok you are right. That other dude influenced me with his MJ comment...

SasakiThePikachu
10th June 2011, 11:21 AM
Sad trolling attempt?

Simisage=Elvis
Simipour= Bob Marley
Simisear= Bob Dylan

On another note, the 3 simis and their prevos are pretty excellent designs IMO. The sprites combined with the whole see no evil/hear no evil/speak no evil thing is really clever.

Thanks. I had this in my sig for god-knows-how-long, but people still frequently asked if one of them was Michael Jackson. Lol.

I don't yet know how I truly feel about the Simis. I planned to have a Simipour on my team, but in the Panpour stage she was rubbish and got bumped for a Palpitoad (then a Tympole). My Simisear, on the other hand...is amazing. I don't know what I'd do without him. He's not only fast (hasty nature yay!) he can take a hit, and he's pretty powerful too.

(Shout-out time: mummy loves you, Dylan!! ^-^)

Simisage...I have yet to have firsthand experience on.

Geekachu
10th June 2011, 1:15 PM

Whilst the see no, hear no and speak no evil is rather clever, I thought Simipour and Simisear were poorly desgined- however the musician comparisons are interesting

I don't yet know how I truly feel about the Simis. I planned to have a Simipour on my team, but in the Panpour stage she was rubbish and got bumped for a Palpitoad (then a Tympole). My Simisear, on the other hand...is amazing. I don't know what I'd do without him. He's not only fast (hasty nature yay!) he can take a hit, and he's pretty powerful too.

I chose Oshawott so I had the choice of getting Pansear Although I was idiotic enough to forget to get it pre-E4, Striaton Gym was horrible but I went for another Fire Monkey, Darmanitan. And to be honest I fell in love its Attack and to a lesser extent its Speed are amazing, it was definitely one of my last resort Pokemon on my team.

King Lawliet
10th June 2011, 2:22 PM
I really did like the monkeys and their design and what they were based on. Shame they were completely unuseable in battle when I played through the game.

Mister_SGG
10th June 2011, 2:32 PM
The monkeys are a waste of space. If you need a Fire-, Water- or Grass-type, go for Darmanitan, Seismitoad or Sawsbuck.

Grey Wind
10th June 2011, 2:48 PM
The first stage monkeys (Pans) were cute, but I never really liked the evolutions. ANd it didn't help that every single trainer had a monkey. They were everywhere.

Mister_SGG
10th June 2011, 2:51 PM
Yeah, at least one trainer on every Route had one of them *****es.

The Eleventh
10th June 2011, 2:52 PM
The first stage monkeys (Pans) were cute, but I never really liked the evolutions. ANd it didn't help that every single trainer had a monkey. They were everywhere.
Yes, they were very overused. They were the gimmick Pokémon of this generation. Almost every Pokémon Ranger had the full set, and they were overused in Triple and Rotational Battles. I also like the base forms, but the evolutions aren't great. Simisage and Simipour are my favourites; I despise Simisear.

Geekachu
10th June 2011, 2:57 PM
It was weird how they were gimmicks to introduce triple and rotation battles, yet the triple and rotation battles were far and few in BW. The monkeys were over used though.

Grey Wind
10th June 2011, 2:58 PM
Yeah Triple/Rotations were very rare. And did they have to give Morimoto all three monkeys?

Geekachu
10th June 2011, 3:01 PM
Yeah Triple/Rotations were very rare. And did they have to give Morimoto all three monkeys?

As well as Swoobat, Zebstrika and [insert name of forgotten Pokemon here], which weren't the creme of the Gen V crop. If they really were his favourite choices... DAYUM he's boring.

EDIT: Just remembered, it was Leipard too. I hate Liepard. What a crummy team.

Grey Wind
10th June 2011, 3:04 PM
As well as Swoobat, Zebstrika and [insert name of forgotten Pokemon here], which weren't the creme of the Gen V crop. If they really were his favourite choices... DAYUM he's boring.
They gave him Liepard, which is also overused. Cheren, Grimsley and a whole load of trainers use it already, and it's not exactly great. He could have had Ferrothorn and Mandibuzz or something. And Darmanitan and Galvantula are also rare enought to see on trainers teams. I wish he had been more diverse.

Geekachu
10th June 2011, 3:08 PM
They gave him Liepard, which is also overused. Cheren, Grimsley and a whole load of trainers use it already, and it's not exactly great. He could have had Ferrothorn and Mandibuzz or something. And Darmanitan and Galvantula are also rare enought to see on trainers teams. I wish he had been more diverse.

That's a shame, Darmanitan and Galvantula are two really amazing Pokemon. But I wish they'd change Grimsely's Liepard for Mandibuzz. I mean to me Mandibuzz is a lot better design wise, and Liepard isn't really a Pokemon. It's just a bit of a hindrance.

A REALLY annoying hindrance.

Grey Wind
10th June 2011, 3:11 PM
All Liepard ever did to me was waste a turn on Fake Out. I nearly always got a OHKO on them. And I didn't even see Galvantula until post E4. They kept the same Simis and Liepards on trainers teams, and let some other ones be a rarity to see.

Silent Conversation
10th June 2011, 3:16 PM
I think the overuse of Liepard and the Simis is to show the casual trainers basic examples of specific types. If a more experienced trainer wants a Pokemon from one of those types that is more unique and potentially more powerful, then they can go catch it for themselves, but some of the new players just want to catch what they see and put it to use.

Dattebayo
10th June 2011, 3:37 PM
That's a shame, Darmanitan and Galvantula are two really amazing Pokemon. But I wish they'd change Grimsely's Liepard for Mandibuzz. I mean to me Mandibuzz is a lot better design wise, and Liepard isn't really a Pokemon. It's just a bit of a hindrance.

A REALLY annoying hindrance.

That's because Mandibuzz evolves in its lvl 50's, while the Elite 4 are restricted to having lvl 48 and lvl 50 Pokemon.

Grey Wind
10th June 2011, 3:44 PM
That's because Mandibuzz evolves in its lvl 50's, while the Elite 4 are restricted to having lvl 48 and lvl 50 Pokemon.
Grimsley's Bisharp says hi.

Geekachu
10th June 2011, 6:36 PM

Evolution levels didn't stop Iris/Drayden of having that Lv43 Haxorus, or Ghetsis from having that Lv54 Hydreigon.

Dattebayo
10th June 2011, 6:38 PM
Evolution levels didn't stop Iris/Drayden of having that Lv43 Haxorus, or Ghetsis from having that Lv54 Hydreigon.

Or Burgh having a lvl 21 Whirlipede.

Lorde
10th June 2011, 6:43 PM

You better not let certain people read that; they'll rage at you for days to come. "Come on now, really?" :rolleyes:

But I agree that Grimsley should've gotten a Mandibuzz. Not because I really like the Pokemon or anything, but because it would allow White version players to see it and then trade for one on the GTS. That would be a lot more helpful IMO. Black version players can see Braviary in Undella Town, but White version players can't see Mandibuzz. That's a fail on Game Freak's part.

Grei
10th June 2011, 8:47 PM
]I chose Oshawott so I had the choice of getting Pansear Although I was idiotic enough to forget to get it pre-E4, Striaton Gym was horrible but I went for another Fire Monkey, Darmanitan. And to be honest I fell in love its Attack and to a lesser extent its Speed are amazing, it was definitely one of my last resort Pokemon on my team.

Same here. After I used Pansear against Cilan, I boxed it and never touched it again. I knew I was getting Darmanitan, who is a billion times better than Pansear.

Seriously. Never before have I had a Pokemon that has saved my butt so many times. Gastrodon in Diamond, Togekiss in HG, and Lilligant and Scrafty in BW saved me in quite a few spots, but Darmanitan is incredibly useful as a last resort Pokemon (if he isn't used as a Pokemon to demolish an entire team first). He saved me the most.

Typhlosionvsworld
10th June 2011, 9:59 PM
Do you guys like the moving sprites? I do.

King Lawliet
10th June 2011, 10:04 PM
Certainly gives a bit of life to the Pokémon. I replay Diamond quite often and the battles and the speed are just so bad.

Birds of Paradise
10th June 2011, 10:34 PM
I'm just disappointed at how pixelated the back sprites are though..I'd thought that we had gotten past that a long time ago.

Typhlosionvsworld
10th June 2011, 10:39 PM
I'm just disappointed at how pixelated the back sprites are though..I'd thought that we had gotten past that a long time ago.

Pixelated? Not on my game.

Grey Wind
10th June 2011, 10:45 PM
Pixelated? Not on my game.
What game are you playing? The back sprites are very pixelated and blocky.

Typhlosionvsworld
10th June 2011, 10:48 PM
What game are you playing? The back sprites are very pixelated and blocky.

No, not really. At least, not in regular battles.

R_N
10th June 2011, 10:50 PM

It will always happen
They're sprites

It is very hard to avoid pixelation, what with them being made of constantly moving and zooming pixels

BCVM22
10th June 2011, 10:50 PM

If you check the Pokédex/status screens, the back sprites in and of themselves are the same quality as the normal sprites.

It's simply they become pixelated when the game uses them in-battle, a scenario which necessitates them being enlarged and zoomed in upon. It's not the prettiest thing in the world, but it's understandable - they weren't going to waste resources creating two complete sets of back sprites - and it's not that big of a deal regardless.

Grey Wind
10th June 2011, 11:01 PM
It's not that noticeable most of the time anyway. On bigger Pokemon, like Kyurem and Wailord, it does look kind of bad.

Geekachu
10th June 2011, 11:13 PM
The pixellated sprites never bothered me, in fact I never noticed them until my sister pointed them out. But I love the moving sprites, they add a new dynamic to the battles, so when I revert back to previous games now and then the battles bore me. And the BW battles are a lot faster than previous gens, something else of which pleased me about the new battle interface.

toppokemontrainer
10th June 2011, 11:21 PM
Since there seems to be nowhere else to put this without threads being closed/moved.

I'm disappointed, although its a fantastic game, with the sprites in BW. We've seen what they can do in terms of the Pokedex 3D - so I'm eagerly awaiting the use of the 3DS graphics in order to do a fully fletched game. It's not rocket science for us to envisage it - top screen displays the battle in amazing graphics and 3D, and the view is from behind your Pokemon. Then bottom screen is for controlling.

I also wish they'd stop releasing too many new Pokemon. They're really disheartening it by releasing too many; albeit some fantastic editions this gen!.

Go for it Nintendo!

BCVM22
10th June 2011, 11:25 PM
Since there seems to be nowhere else to put this without threads being closed/moved.

Could be there's a reason for that.

We've seen what they can do in terms of the Pokedex 3D - so I'm eagerly awaiting the use of the 3DS graphics in order to do a fully fletched game. It's not rocket science for us to envisage it - top screen displays the battle in amazing graphics and 3D, and the view is from behind your Pokemon. Then bottom screen is for controlling.

It's also not rocket science to realize the colossal differences, both in number and in scope, between a free app/utility like Pokédex 3D and a core title. Certainly you're aware of this.

I also wish they'd stop releasing too many new Pokemon. They're really disheartening it by releasing too many

In a franchise built almost entirely around a full, robust bestiary that from the very beginning, they made every effort at every opportunity to say "there are more out there than just 150/151", and somehow they're "really disheartening it by releasing too many"? Really?

Sir DJ
10th June 2011, 11:27 PM
Poor Game Freak they push out new and unique pokemon every couple years, and people still complain about how they use them.

I personally think this gen is one of the best design-wise.

Geekachu
I'm disappointed, although its a fantastic game, with the sprites in BW. We've seen what they can do in terms of the Pokedex 3D - so I'm eagerly awaiting the use of the 3DS graphics in order to do a fully fletched game. It's not rocket science for us to envisage it - top screen displays the battle in amazing graphics and 3D, and the view is from behind your Pokemon. Then bottom screen is for controlling.

I also wish they'd stop releasing too many new Pokemon. They're really disheartening it by releasing too many; albeit some fantastic editions this gen!

Sometimes I do wonder when GF will stop making Pokemon, but I definitely don't think it's disheartening it. There is a lot of variation which veers off from the nostalgic GenI, however I think it's good variation. Plus I'm glad how they're progessively making Bug types better and better, which is a long way from the pretty much useless Weedles and Parasects in GenI.

And I hope that on the handheld games they don't replace the pixel art for 3D models, it would take away one of the defining things of the games. They can save all the 3D Pokemon for games on the Wii U or whatever :)

I personally think this gen is one of the best design-wise.

Definitely agree with this. If not, I'd say it could be the best.

Typhlosionvsworld
Is anyone else disappointed with Swoobat?

Grey Wind
10th June 2011, 11:31 PM

But Pokedex 3D is a completely different thing to a proper game. It would take a lot of memory and money to make a fully 3D Pokemon title on a handheld device.

I also wish they'd stop releasing too many new Pokemon. They're really disheartening it by releasing too many; albeit some fantastic editions this gen!
While they will have to stop sometime, how is there too many?

Poor Game Freak they push out new and unique pokemon every couple years, and people still complain about how they use them.
People just complain about them because they're new. In a few years people will be saying 'I hate the new Pokemon, why can't we have some ice creams like the good old days?'

toppokemontrainer
10th June 2011, 11:44 PM
I take all your points, and I'm not complaining.

I know this is a PokeDex - but my point was that they need to now use their fantastic character models and hardware to develop a proper game now in the future.

Having seen the graphics and animations, they have blown me away.

And there is no doubt this is one of the best generations graphic design wise, but they have to be careful. Do people really want 2000 Pokemon eventually?!

Can't wait to see what they have to offer. I am really enjoying the 3D Pokedex but really wish something more substantial was on offer right now, I can't wait. Nintendog style features would be nice - just basics though, such as the ability to touch and pet them, but that's just an idea.

Typhlosionvsworld
10th June 2011, 11:50 PM
I would've liked some non Unova leends to be found in the wild.

NeohopeSTF
10th June 2011, 11:52 PM
i think the pokemon number count will hit 1000 then they will stop.

TheBluePorygon
11th June 2011, 12:04 AM

Yeah probably xD

BCVM22
11th June 2011, 12:22 AM
I know this is a PokeDex - but my point was that they need to now use their fantastic character models and hardware to develop a proper game now in the future.

I think people are expecting too much, too soon, particularly given that these models exist for a utility/app developed by a developer other than Game Freak, which means there's no guarantee they will pop up in any of the future core titles.

but they have to be careful. Do people really want 2000 Pokemon eventually?!

Putting aside the fact that at the current rate (100-150 new critters every 4-5 years), it would literally take decades for this to become an issue, again, they have stated at every turn that the franchise is built around the bestiary expanding. I'm not sure what logic says that they would ever stop adding, or why it would be a problem, given that never are you penalized for not being able to recite every bugger in the Pokédex front to back.

I would've liked some non Unova leends to be found in the wild.

That wouldn't have made a whole lot of sense, and that's the sort of thing they save for titles later in the generation anyway.

Arbitrary number. Means nothing. If the franchise is still generating revenue at #1000, they'll blow right through that without a second thought.

NeohopeSTF
11th June 2011, 12:33 AM
Well what will it go:
http://www.youtube.com/watch

BCVM22
11th June 2011, 12:34 AM
It'll go as far as the money takes the franchise. It's a business.

I have no idea what your YouTube link is supposed to signify.

NeohopeSTF
11th June 2011, 12:35 AM
It'll go as far as the money takes the franchise. It's a business.

I have no idea what your YouTube link is supposed to signify.
Will it go OVER 9000!!!!
JK!
Edit:
BCVM22 do you have to pick at what everbody says?

zebbystrika
11th June 2011, 12:47 AM
Anyway, I wonder when Pokemon will end? Not soon, probably. Like you guys said, there will be too many Poke's to collect, eventually. Wonder what the next reigon will be based off of? :3

NeohopeSTF
11th June 2011, 12:49 AM
Anyway, I wonder when Pokemon will end? Not soon, probably. Like you guys said, there will be too many Poke's to collect, eventually. Wonder what the next reigon will be based off of? :3
Some people say London is the next place.

BCVM22
11th June 2011, 12:52 AM
BCVM22 do you have to pick at what everbody says?

I dunno. Is this the required response every time there's any sort of discussion about an opinion or argument and the validity or lack thereof within?

NeohopeSTF
11th June 2011, 12:54 AM
I dunno. Is this the required response every time there's any sort of discussion about an opinion or argument and the validity or lack thereof within?
Most of that i didn't even understand.

Grei
11th June 2011, 1:09 AM
I probably shouldn't translate.

Is it necessary that any time BCVM comes in and points out the logical errors in a user's "grand idea," said user has to accuse BCVM of picking on them?

Because it certainly can't be that the user's idea was simply a bad one... :/

manifesto
11th June 2011, 1:09 AM

Apparently, because your good grammar and use of college-level words make you seem as if you're talking down to people. (I know you aren't.) I don't see anything wrong with you telling people their opinions are unfounded. Keep on fighting the good fight.

He means that he gets that all the time and he would rather not have people saying "WELL THAT'S MY OPINION!!!!111one11!!!" whenever he proves people wrong just because they need to have the last word. I don't blame him personally because most people on this forum are very childish.

NeohopeSTF
11th June 2011, 1:11 AM
He means that he gets that all the time and he would rather not have people saying "WELL THAT'S MY OPINION!!!!111one11!!!" whenever he proves people wrong just because they need to have the last word. I don't blame him, personally because most people on this forum are very childish.
Oh ok thanks for translating i'm only 12 and its summer vacation so i'm losing knowledge by the second.

King Lawliet
11th June 2011, 1:29 AM
I don't blame him personally because most people on this forum are very childish.
Is that really a surprise?

Anyhoo, I'd be up for collecting Pokémon even if it reached 1000. As long as the games are good and I'm still enjoying the features that are in the game I don't see why it'd be a problem at all

Geekachu
11th June 2011, 1:44 AM
Some people say London is the next place.

Yeah cause that would be a good setting >.> /sarcasm

And let's not turn this into a discussion about how BCVM22 replies to opinions and ideas. I see too many of them.

Lorde
11th June 2011, 1:46 AM
Hmm. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5kPUFxXYLs&feature=related)

As long as the games sell, they'll keep going. But yeah, I'd much rather discuss the current Pokemon.

most people on this forum are very childish.

...This is a forum for discussion of a children's cartoon/game. A lot of older people come here, but I think it's important to remember that this forum is centered around a children's franchise.

People just complain about them because they're new. In a few years people will be saying 'I hate the new Pokemon, why can't we have some ice creams like the good old days?'

I don't know. It's been almost a year since Vanillish was revealed, and I still dislike it. Nah, I'm just joking around. I'm sure that people will get over them eventually. I can tolerate all of the Unova Pokemon now. I used to dislike a ton of them, but now I just don't really care. I figured that there was more to life than being bitter over Pokemon, so I just decided to ignore the Pokemon I had issues with. It worked well, because now I don't really mind Pokemon like Scraggy and Throh.

General Nonsense
11th June 2011, 2:16 AM
Changing the subject, what's your favorite new typing introduced this gen?

I'd have to say bug/fire

Grei
11th June 2011, 2:18 AM
Changing the subject, what's your favorite new typing introduced this gen?

I'd have to say bug/fire

I'm a fan of Fire/Fighting

Definitely Dark/Fighting. Scrafty rules.

Other than that... Ground/Flying is interesting, as are all of the new combinations with the Ghost typing.

KuroiMawile
11th June 2011, 2:21 AM
dark/fighting is the best typing that came out of this gen. The only way to top that is something like, normal/ghost.

Dattebayo
11th June 2011, 2:26 AM
Grass/Steel, marked #1 on the top threats.

Also, Ground/Flying has been here since Gen II, Grei.

KickAsh
11th June 2011, 3:51 AM
I think Bug/Electric, Fire/Psychic, Ground/Electric, and Ground/Ghost are all really neat typings.

I'm a fan of Fire/Fighting

I was going to make the exact same joke.

Mangoes
11th June 2011, 3:54 AM
I really like Ghost/Fire and Ghost/Ground. I think they're new.

bobandbill
11th June 2011, 3:55 AM
I do lik Scrafty's typing of Dark/Fighting personally, and a few of the bug-combinations are nice to see as well imo.

rykerr1
11th June 2011, 3:58 AM
I like the new bug/electric typing, as well as dark/dragon. I've been looking forward to a dark/dragon type for years. As well as a dragon/ice type.... although Kyurem is NOT what I was hoping for/expecting when I thought of dragon/ice. Still, even though I don't like Kyurem, his typing is still cool.

Silent Conversation
11th June 2011, 4:09 AM
Dark/fighting, ghost/fire, ghost/water, ghost/ground and normal/fighting are a few off the top of my head that I really liked.

Riarra
11th June 2011, 4:22 AM
Dark/fighting, ghost/fire, ghost/water, ghost/ground and normal/fighting are a few off the top of my head that I really liked.

Normal/Fighting?

My two favorites are probably Dragon/Fire (FINALLY!) and pure Flying.

pokemonbw01
11th June 2011, 4:26 AM
Grass/Fight, Dark/Fight, Electric/Bug and Fire/Bug are the best match ups.

BCVM22
11th June 2011, 4:29 AM
Normal/Fighting?

Meloetta Pirouette Forme.

PsychicPsycho
11th June 2011, 4:49 AM
I guess dark/steel would be may favorite of the new combinations. I've been thinking it'd be cool to have one for years.

Aside from that, dragon/fire, since fire and dragons are so often linked in stories/myths.

The Fad.
11th June 2011, 5:05 AM
I thing bug/electric, ghost/fire, ghost/water, and stee/grass are pretty cool. I hate the dark and steel type, and I am not a fan of the fighting type either so those don't make a big deal for me.

Riarra
11th June 2011, 5:05 AM
Meloetta Pirouette Forme.

Oh, yeah, I remember now. I actually momentarily forgot about Meloetta, how did that happen? *facepalm*

The Fad.
11th June 2011, 5:06 AM
Oh yeah, that too. I also love the Fighting Psychic combo. That's a pretty good one too.

SphealsFTW
11th June 2011, 5:11 AM
Bug/Electric and Bug/Fire. I could've sworn that Accelgor was Bug/Psychic when I first saw one.

The Fad.
11th June 2011, 5:12 AM
I didn't really appreciate Bug/Fire because I swear I thought that type has been used before.

Hilijix
11th June 2011, 5:12 AM
It's a tie between Dark/Steel and Ghost/Ground for me. Dark/Fighting is close, though.

General Nonsense
11th June 2011, 5:14 AM
I didn't really appreciate Bug/Fire because I swear I thought that type has been used before.

It hasn't been used before

The Fad.
11th June 2011, 5:15 AM
I know. I realized that recently.

SphealsFTW
11th June 2011, 5:18 AM
I also like Ghost/Water, Ghost/Fire, and Ghost/Ground. It's funny because I used to hate Ghost and Bug pokemon, but now they are my two favorite types thanks to Unova.