PDA

View Full Version : Official Pokemon Discussion Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55

Nebbio
29th July 2011, 12:24 AM
Well the post where I mentioned the good/bad thing was before he said that.

God defending people sucks...

Pokémon Trainer J
29th July 2011, 12:26 AM
Or it could be that you're so blinded by irrationality that you can't see how little sense your argument makes, such as it is.

Either way.
total spam nothing to add....
oops

i know there have always been bad pokémon designs, specially gen 1, but come on what is more irrational to keep those basic, boring even unimaginative designs after 5 gens, almost 20 years of pokémon or learning from their mistakes and creating awesome lookin pokes, and what's with defending them is your dad or some relative the "mastermind" behind this gen?

BCVM22
29th July 2011, 12:29 AM
total spam nothing to add....
ops

Says the guy who's raging about Pokémon based on ice cream, gears and mushrooms, conveniently ignoring the fact that we have long since had designs based on things like pine cones, Poké Balls, sentient piles of sewer sludge, magnets and more mushrooms, to seemingly no complaint.

What you think of these Pokémon is the very definition of immaterial. So is what I think, or what anyone here thinks, in the interest of equality. Point remains, that objectively, there ain't a thing wrong with any of them and you're blinded by irrational hatred and lashing out at the world.

i know there have always been bad pokémon designs, specially gen 1

Who said any of the designs I mentioned were bad? The point was that if you're going to rage against the ice cream, you best be ready to rage against Magnemite and Grimer and the like if you're going to keep that argument consistent.

but come on what is more irrational to keep those basic, boring even unimaginative designs after 5 gens

"Basic, boring even unimaginative" according to whom? According to you?

almost 20 years of pokémon or learning from their mistakes and creating awesome lookin pokes

Hmm... could it be that in any given generation, any given person is going to find some Pokémon they like, some they really like, some they don't and some on which they're completely indifferent?

and what's with defending them is your dad or some relative the "mastermind" behind this gen?

That's very clever. I bet you spent as much time coming up with that as the designer did coming up with the Vanillite line! (See what I did there?)

R_N
29th July 2011, 12:47 AM
That's very clever. I bet you spent as much time coming up with that as the designer did coming up with the Vanillite line! (See what I did there?)

That's insulting towards the Vanills, you take that back

Pokémon Trainer J
29th July 2011, 12:58 AM
Who said any of the designs I mentioned were bad? The point was that if you're going to rage against the ice cream, you best be ready to rage against Magnemite and Grimer and the like if you're going to keep that argument consistent.
and i am, wtf is with you, that's what i meant no gen is perfect i don't like magnemite, nor voltorb, grimer, psyduck and the list goes on, my point was that after all this years they should be prepare with best designs, but in case your stupidity doesn't let you read this is the 5 gen forum oh god how bad are you pmsing

"Basic, boring even unimaginative" according to whom? According to you?
yeah according to me, is my opion just like you have the right to love each and one of the pokes they mass produce

i guess, it only took me a sec, the exact same time to look at an ice-cone and draw a face on it

BCVM22
29th July 2011, 1:06 AM
my point was that after all this years they should be prepare with best designs, but in case your stupidity doesn't let you read this is the 5 gen forum oh god how bad are you pmsing

Which is still you missing the point, that being that you don't define what makes for the "best designs". The only thing going on here is that you've found some critters you don't like and you're throwing a tantrum because people are telling that your opinion is not tantamount to fact. That's all that's going on here.

Also funny that you're the one trying to call out someone else as "stupid" and "PMSing". Glass houses, son.

yeah according to me, is my opion just like you have the right to love each and one of the pokes they mass produce

Delightful. Do that all you want. Just don't pretend it actually makes the designs bad, which is what you're doing. You can think whatever you want about Vanillite and the rest; it doesn't actually make them bad Pokémon, largely because there is no objective, factual definition of a bad design/Pokémon.

You can keep arguing against this all you want. I'm more than happy to oblige for as long as you need to get it out of your system.

Endless
29th July 2011, 1:09 AM
and i am, wtf is with you, that's what i meant no gen is perfect i don't like magnemite, nor voltorb, grimer, psyduck and the list goes on, my point was that after all this years they should be prepare with best designs, but in case your stupidity doesn't let you read this is the 5 gen forum oh god how bad are you pmsing
There is no best designs, that is entirely subjective. And they do prepare with what they think is the best, if not wouldn't the games sell so well.

To be honest, you are the one who seems to be "PMSing" because you swear and call other people stupid.
This isn't really what we are talking about, of course won't everyone like all the designs, but we are talking about that they do put alot of thought into each of them and they appeal to many people.

649 pokemon in more than 10 years isn't really mass production, and god know how long the games was in development before they were released. The point is that they don't make they for the sake of just making them, they work with each on of the pokemon.

i guess, it only took me a sec, the exact same time to look at an ice-cone and draw a face on it
You do understand that they used alot more than a few minutes on the design, right?

Pokémon Trainer J
29th July 2011, 1:25 AM
omg, so if they go with a tomato with a smily face, that isn't bad? jus because is all "subjective" that isn't an argument at all, i've been giving my opinion and is my right, you are the little b1tch that has to fight every word i say
of course there is an way to say wich pokémon has better design than the other, use your damn eyes, between Vanillite and the almighty Haxorus who is better, we could use any gen examples, Voltorb or Charizard wich is the better design, Furret or Kingdra... well that's the thing use your eyes thats how you meassure a nice design from a poor one unless you have your taste in your ***

KickAsh
29th July 2011, 1:28 AM
Speaking of Golurk, we all remember this guy?
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/2/2c/James_Turner.jpg
Yeah, it is James Turner, the hated American guy that designed Vullaby, Golett line and the Vannilite line. However everybody said he was American, but on Bulbapedia it says he is British.
Why is he hated? I like Vullaby, I think the Vanillite line is original and adorable and neat, and I adore Golett and Golurk. I think he did a solid job and I hope he returns in gen 6 to design some more Pokemon.

Endless
29th July 2011, 1:33 AM
omg, so if they go with a tomato with a smily face, that isn't bad? jus because is all "subjective" that isn't an argument at all, i've been giving my opinion and is my right, you are the little b1tch that has to fight every word i say
What's wrong with tomatos? :(

And name calling isn't really giving you the upper hand.

of course there is an way to say wich pokémon has better design than the other, use your damn eyes, between Vanillite and the almighty Haxorus who is better, we could use any gen examples, Voltorb or Charizard wich is the better design, Furret or Kingdra... well that's the thing use your eyes thats how you meassure a nice design from a poor one unless you have your taste in your ***
I like Vanillite better than Haxorus, true story. I must agree that Charizard is better looking than Electrode, but Furret and Kingdra is on the same level for me. You may disagree, but that is the point. Not everyone likes the same things.

The thing is that you aren't saying that you just dislike them, you are saying that the designs are bad, but that is, once again, subjective.

Why is he hated? I like Vullaby, I think the Vanillite line is original and adorable and neat, and I adore Golett and Golurk. I think he did a solid job and I hope he returns in gen 6 to design some more Pokemon.

Massive hate from Nostalgia fans back when all the fifth gen pokemon were revealed.

Ememew
29th July 2011, 1:37 AM

Exactly, one fan's Trubbish is another fan's treasure. I don't mind his designs. This Generation's like any other, really, some you like, some you don't.

No Pokemon can make all fans happy all the time. Vanilite looks funny, in my opinion, but that doesn't make it bad. Its an icicle with snow on top that happens to look like an icecream cone. It's not a favorite, but I don't mind it (indifferent). Mandibuzz is one of my favorites. Golurk's line is all right. I happen to like it. Klinklang looks pretty awesome (too bad about the movepool, though).

I don't just "blindly" like every Pokemon design (Garbodor bugs me), but I respect that it was designed that way with effort put in, and some fans actually do like it. Use what you like, box or don't catch what you don't. Simple.

KickAsh
29th July 2011, 2:30 AM
Exactly, one fan's Trubbish is another fan's treasure. I don't mind his designs. This Generation's like any other, really, some you like, some you don't.

No Pokemon can make all fans happy all the time. Vanilite looks funny, in my opinion, but that doesn't make it bad. Its an icicle with snow on top that happens to look like an icecream cone. It's not a favorite, but I don't mind it (indifferent). Mandibuzz is one of my favorites. Golurk's line is all right. I happen to like it. Klinklang looks pretty awesome (too bad about the movepool, though).

I don't just "blindly" like every Pokemon design (Garbodor bugs me), but I respect that it was designed that way with effort put in, and some fans actually do like it. Use what you like, box or don't catch what you don't. Simple.
Agreed. People give gen 5 a bad rap for some reason because they don't like some Pokemon, but in reality there hasn't been a generation without at least one Pokemon people think is lame.
Klinklang draws fire for the whole "copy and paste" thing, even though, as it's been pointed out a thousand times, GF did it with Magneton too. I like the old Pokemon a lot, sure, but there is definitely room in my heart for new Pokemon. In fact, some new Pokemon (Scrafty, Krookodile, Braviary, Mienshao, etc) are some of my favorite Pokemon ever.
For every guy who who hates Klinklang, there's a guy who loves it. For every person here who thinks Scrafty is the best, there are an equal number of people who hate it.
But I'm not saying this gen is perfect. I don't like Garbodor, Druddigon, etc. but me not liking it isn't going to change it's design so I'll accept it and move on.

BCVM22
29th July 2011, 2:31 AM

And you're the one still throwing your temper tantrum because no one's buying what you're selling. Keep going, though.

Again, entirely subjective. What makes Haxorus better than Vanillite by any objective metric? Even better, what possible objective metric to you even have to measure such a comparison? The answer is "nothing" on both counts. Same goes for your other attempts at comparisons.

In the end, what you say - what any of us says - and $1.50 getcha a cuppa coffee in the morning. It's all meaningless. The only objective truth is that the Pokémon are what they are - what anyone thinks of them, positive or negative, is entirely opinion.

SnugNBouncy
29th July 2011, 2:51 AM
Speaking of Golurk, we all remember this guy?
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/2/2c/James_Turner.jpg
Yeah, it is James Turner, the hated American guy that designed Vullaby, Golett line and the Vannilite line. However everybody said he was American, but on Bulbapedia it says he is British.

I dunno... vullaby isnt as good as mandibuzz. golett and golurk i didnt like at first but they have sortof grown on me. and the vannilite line i hate with a passion. sorry turner :/

Grei
29th July 2011, 8:36 AM

It is painfully obvious that you have no idea what BCVM and Endless are talking about.

You can have all the opinions about the Pokemon that you want. I, for one, hate Eelektross. I think it's obnoxious and ugly and I never want to use it. Great.

However, my dislike for Eelektross does not mean that its design is bad. By saying that its design is bad, you are stating your opinion as a fact. In order to properly do that, you have to either be some sort of "artistic god" or following set guidelines that determine what artwork is "good" and what artwork is "bad." Since you are not the former, and since the latter does not exist, you are unfairly judging another person's work based entirely on your own opinion. That's unfair. That does not make you right in your judgment, and that does not make the design bad in any event.

I happen to like Vanilluxe and its line. I find Klink neat. I really enjoy Foongus. However, I technically cannot even say that they have "good" designs, because by saying that I would be committing the same act that you are doing by subjectively claiming that you are enabled to deem a work of art "bad." I can only say my opinion on them--that I like their designs--and nothing more.

tl;dr you can express your opinions as much as you want. Say that you hate the Vanillish line, that you don't enjoy Klink's line, that you are repulsed by Foongus. Great. Fantastic, even. So long as you aren't acting as though you have the right to judge someone else's work as good or bad, you aren't doing anything wrong.

JD
29th July 2011, 11:00 AM
I like the Vaniluxe line a lot too I just evolved my Vanilite into one a few days ago to complete my Unova dex and the thing is pretty good. If only he had higher speed, but I suppose Weak Armor will take care of that once it gets released. Anyway I recently evolved my Scraggy, and I'm surprised how good it is! I know that a few people here said the Scraggy line was good but I didn't know it was that good, the funny thing is I hated Scraggy and Scrafty when I first saw them.

arceus7
29th July 2011, 4:26 PM
Err XD That was an accident, I never wrote image tags around it XD

Sigh Why did they have to royally screw lucario over this gen XD I mean they deleted dark pulse and switched it with heal pulse

Now I have to get a modest ditto a riolu and a power lens and a power anklet on HGSS which I just restarted ._.

KickAsh
29th July 2011, 5:06 PM
^He didn't lose Dark Pulse.
Ctrl+F is your friend.

SasakiThePikachu
29th July 2011, 5:16 PM
It is painfully obvious that you have no idea what BCVM and Endless are talking about.

You can have all the opinions about the Pokemon that you want. I, for one, hate Eelektross. I think it's obnoxious and ugly and I never want to use it. Great.

However, my dislike for Eelektross does not mean that its design is bad. By saying that its design is bad, you are stating your opinion as a fact. In order to properly do that, you have to either be some sort of "artistic god" or following set guidelines that determine what artwork is "good" and what artwork is "bad." Since you are not the former, and since the latter does not exist, you are unfairly judging another person's work based entirely on your own opinion. That's unfair. That does not make you right in your judgment, and that does not make the design bad in any event.

I happen to like Vanilluxe and its line. I find Klink neat. I really enjoy Foongus. However, I technically cannot even say that they have "good" designs, because by saying that I would be committing the same act that you are doing by subjectively claiming that you are enabled to deem a work of art "bad." I can only say my opinion on them--that I like their designs--and nothing more.

tl;dr you can express your opinions as much as you want. Say that you hate the Vanillish line, that you don't enjoy Klink's line, that you are repulsed by Foongus. Great. Fantastic, even. So long as you aren't acting as though you have the right to judge someone else's work as good or bad, you aren't doing anything wrong.

I think some people mix up 'that design is bad' with 'I find that design bad'...

D'you know, since the 5th gen came out, I've suddenly had a rekindled passion for Kanto's pokemon...and if anything, it's really hit me for the first time just how simple - and some might say 'uncreative' - lots of the designs are. It's true; you really don't tend to notice first time around because WHAT IS THIS WONDROUS THING WHICH HAS ENTERED MY LIFE? THEY ARE ALL SO AMAZING! MUST CATCH 'EM ALL! - and it's hard to look back without those pesky old nostalgia glasses, especially if you grew up with the franchise. But some of the old pokes are no more amazing than the new pokes. People howl complaints about Trubbish's design, but look at Grimer - basically a pile of toxic goo with eyes, and a name that took someone 5 seconds to think up. Klink's line is a copypaste job? Well, Magnemite's line waves hello (or would if it had arms). Doesn't mean there's anything wrong with them; either old or new.

I find it sad that many seem to equate 'simple design' with 'whaa lazy GF, that pokemon sucks!'. Rapidash is one of the simplest designs I've ever seen, and yet I find it not only beautiful to look at, but a superb pokemon that I intend to (finally) find a spot on my team for very soon.

Silent Conversation
29th July 2011, 5:40 PM
I also really like the Vanillite line. I find it has a very cute design (which is good considering a lot of Pokemon this generation have very menacing and intimidating designs), and while it's not the best Pokemon to use in battle, it has its uses. I don't play competitively, but my Vanilluxe was very useful in game, helping me destroy Drayden and do quite a bit to N and Ghetsis. Do I find it to be the strongest Pokemon, or have the best design? No, but I can still appreciate its strengths and design either way.

KickAsh
29th July 2011, 6:55 PM
So speaking of Vanillite and Klinklang, what is everyone's favorite Ice type and favorite Steel type from this gen?
For me, my favorite Ice type would have to be Cryogonal. I like it's design a lot, I think a sentient snowflake is cool. It also has a ridiculous Sp.Def that, combined with Light Screen, ruins the day of any Fire type trying to score an easy kill. It also has a wide movepool with a lot of moves that are interesting and entertaining. A Pokemon with a design I like that is fun to use = my favorite Ice type of this gen.
My favorite Steel type is Bisharp. His design is amazing, he's one of my favorite Pokemon from Unova and probably one of my all-time favorites. His body, arms, helmet, boots--everything comes together very nicely. I think it's a fascinating Pokemon, being all sharp and based off a very cool origin.

Grei
29th July 2011, 6:58 PM
My favorite Ice-type is probably Vanilluxe. I like Beartic and I think Cryogonal is cool, but Vanilluxe is awesome.

Favorite Steel-type...? Probably Escavalier.

Shine
29th July 2011, 8:14 PM
For me, my favorite Ice type would have to be Cryogonal. I like it's design a lot, I think a sentient snowflake is cool. It also has a ridiculous Sp.Def that, combined with Light Screen, ruins the day of any Fire type trying to score an easy kill. It also has a wide movepool with a lot of moves that are interesting and entertaining.

>Cryogonal
>having a wide movepool

what

favorite ice?
physical : Beartic. Not like there's anything else :p
Its stats are nice, it's built to match with Avalanche.
special : Vanilluxe. It has a wider movepool than Cryogonal, that's why.

favorite steel?
physical : A tie between Durant and Cobalion. Both have great stats and good movepool. Well not so much movepool for Cobalion, but it's just enough to call it "good". I'm glad Durant has Swarm, because I don't like Hustle's accuracy drop and Truant is just....no.
special : Genesect. I know, it's a legend that's not released yet, but there's nothing else. Genesect can be made physical as well, but its movepool is better on the special side.

rocky505
29th July 2011, 8:23 PM
Favorite Ice type is Beartic and I don't really know who my favorite steel is though.

The Eleventh
29th July 2011, 8:42 PM
My favourite Unova Ice-type is Beartic. I really like its design and cool colour scheme. Steel-type? Meh. Excadrill or Ferrothorn. Excadrill's useful, Ferrothorn even more so. Gen V introduced quite a few Steels.

Endless
29th July 2011, 8:51 PM
My favorite Ice type is Cryogonal, not that it had much competition. My ideas for how a polar bear should look(bipedal and part fighting) were crushed by Beartic and Vanilluxe is mediocre. However I like how it is a angry carnevous snowflake, now that's interesting. Its movepool is quite hollow, but it worked in-game with the strategy "Ice Beam, Ice Beam everywhere". I would kill to see a steam form of Cryogonal that is mentioned in the dex.
I just remembered that Kyurem was part Ice too, he is very cool, but not as cool as Cryogonal. (pun intended)

Mobing on from the few ice types we got. We reach the massive amount of steel types.After filtering out the ones that I find not particular interesting( Cobalion, Escavalier, Excadrill and Ferrothorn). I am then left with Klinklang, Bisharp, Durant and Genesect. Klink was an instant favorite when he was revealed together with Sandile, Munna and some others. His evolutions is also interesting, but don't hit the top. Bisharp is extremely great, he got this awsome design and I love how he can withdraw the blades on his hands. Having a good shiny coloration and a badass prevo doesn't hurt either. Durant is one of my favorite pokemon this time, he would have been on my team if he wasn't catchable so late. He is one small but strong guy and I like how he made iron coating to protect himself from Heatmor, too bad he's Fire type. but that doesn't really matter as he is OHKO'd by Stone Edge. Genesect is also cool, but I won't say to much about it until the offical Sugimori art is out.
So in the end, it stands between Bisharp and Durant, and I say that Durant is slightly more appealing to me.

over to something else, I noticed that Thundurus and Tornadus had to body shape http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/2/2c/Body04.png
, while Landorus had this one: http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/d/da/Body05.png
I found that kind of strange because it seem like they have the same body shape.

General Nonsense
29th July 2011, 8:59 PM
I'm not a huge fan of any of the Unova ice types. Most are pure ice type and that just seems bland to me.

Valoo.
29th July 2011, 11:27 PM
My favourite Ice type would probably be Beartic. It has good Attack, but it's lackluster defenses let it down. I trained one for a while post-game in White, but I can't really judge it since it wasn't used much. I love it's design though, plus Cubchoo is adorable. I'm actually surprised that there wasn't a polar bear basedPokemon before this.

My favourite Steel type would be Escavalier. I love the idea of Karrablast stealing Shelmet's shell, and how you can see Karrablast's original body under the armor. It's design is awesome, and the knight basis is cool. Plus the Roman plume on it's head. It's Speed is horrendous, but it's Attack and Defense are brilliant.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
30th July 2011, 1:38 AM
Vanniluxe annoys me, and for some reason I don't really like Beartic. Therefore making my favourite ice type to be Cyrogonal by default

thekorean
30th July 2011, 1:56 AM
Espeon may be my new favorite Psychic type. Just beat the living daylights out of Marshal.

Đew™
30th July 2011, 2:14 AM
I have to say vanilluxe is my favorite ice-type. I had its family on my team and helped me so much. Cryogonal is too physically frail...and I don't have much experience with beartic. I do have one, and it is powerful.

I've loved espeon for a while. Mine, in gen 3 battle frontier, swept like mad with psychic. I might have to try him against marshal now...however, it's not my favorite psychic type. I'd have to say that mine is, in gen 5, gothitelle. It has a beautiful special movepool and I don't have much experience with other psychics from gen 5.

thekorean
30th July 2011, 2:44 AM
Not to mention Cryogonal is hard to find.

Drummerdude
30th July 2011, 2:54 AM
Favorite ice type is Vanillite. I'm not a big fan of its evolutions though.

Favorite steel is probably Ferrothorn. I didn't like it when I first saw it, but it was a massive powerhouse when I eventually used it in-game.

thekorean
30th July 2011, 5:38 AM
Ferrothorn is poorly designed, but is a cool typing. Immune to poison, resist dragon, and many other types.

too bad its double weak to fire and weak to fighting.

Swampert is my Homeboy
30th July 2011, 8:56 AM
Hey. This is kinda off topic to what you guys are discussing now, but I was just wondering...?

Why do people like Volcarona so much? Half the people on the wifi train have it in their party. I mean, yes it does have good stats and moves and stuff, but personnaly I find it really, really ugly, so I have never even considered it to be on my team. :P

My favorite pokes from this gen are Mienshao and Krookadile. (:

Zhanton
30th July 2011, 2:05 PM
Why do people like Volcarona so much? Half the people on the wifi train have it in their party. I mean, yes it does have good stats and moves and stuff, but personnaly I find it really, really ugly, so I have never even considered it to be on my team. :P

I'm personally not a Volcorona fan, although I suppose it would be a combination of its design which I suppose is sort of cool, it's cool, unique typing, the fact it has access to Quiver Dance and its pretty good stats. I guess.

Universe Chaser
30th July 2011, 3:18 PM
I used to be a major Volcarona supporter...until I realized that SR takes away 50% of its health.

Valoo.
30th July 2011, 3:54 PM
Volcarona is liked because of it's design, stats, and unique typing mainly. I quite like it, but I've never used one. Too hard to train up from Larvesta. It's STABS are great, and Quiver Dance is excellent.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
30th July 2011, 6:17 PM
Volcarona is good in battle, has good moves, and typing. But it is kinda ugly...

Endless
30th July 2011, 7:19 PM
Well I see many reasons for why people like Volcarona. First of all, it got a very unique design and does look kind of realistic. It got a new typing, and a very interesting one in fact. It also got quite good stats and movepool, 550 BST and Quiver Dance is no joke, even after SR. Volcarona got this mysterious aura that make it interesting, only found in the post-game in an ancient castle where it was worshipped by some old civilization. Last, it also represent that Bug types can fight on their own.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
30th July 2011, 7:41 PM
It may be unique, but it's not that good. It's very ugly IMO

Missingno. Master
30th July 2011, 8:20 PM
Hey. This is kinda off topic to what you guys are discussing now, but I was just wondering...?

My favorite pokes from this gen are Mienshao and Krookadile. (:

There's your answer right there. :)

Endoplasmic Reticulum
30th July 2011, 8:46 PM
Yeah, I think judging Pokemon on their appearances is very shallow IMO

munnafn22
30th July 2011, 8:52 PM
I like Volcarnora, it has good moves and stats.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
30th July 2011, 8:54 PM
Yeah but it itself looks ugly. But I don't think that's too a big deal when it comes to judging a Pokemon

Grei
30th July 2011, 9:45 PM
It may be unique, but it's not that good. It's very ugly IMO

Are you kidding? Volcarona is one of the best Pokemon I've used in a long while. Even design-wise, it kicks ***.

thekorean
30th July 2011, 9:47 PM
Uts not supposed to be pretty, its a frigging bug pokemon, its a monster, its not a pet.

Adeku
30th July 2011, 9:51 PM
Are you kidding? Volcarona is one of the best Pokemon I've used in a long while. Even design-wise, it kicks ***.I agree with you, Grei. I'd also like to point out that it's actually a pretty good pokemon on a sun team with spin support to help remove Stealth Rock, which Volcarona loses 50% of it's health to.

Typhlosionvsworld
30th July 2011, 9:52 PM
Are you kidding? Volcarona is one of the best Pokemon I've used in a long while. Even design-wise, it kicks ***.

Volcarona sucks without Quiver Dance, unfortunately.

Grei
30th July 2011, 9:59 PM

Then again, anything can suck without a specific move. There are a LOT of Pokemon used competitively that rely on a move or two in order to be useful.

The Oncoming Storm
30th July 2011, 10:00 PM

Which is why you have quiver dance. You know what I hate is when the first evo is a physical attacker yet when it evolves it is a spec attacker like larvesta and Volcarona

munnafn22
30th July 2011, 10:00 PM
The only pokemon I find to be ugly is Trubbish all it is, is a small green ugly trash bag with ugly teeth, and it evolves into a overfilled ripped trash bag with 2 ugly teeth.

BCVM22
30th July 2011, 10:03 PM
Something about the concept tells me that we're probably supposed to find it ugly. Can't put my finger on it.

The Oncoming Storm
30th July 2011, 10:03 PM
I have grown to like trubish due to a certain rondom of randomness fan fiction i read. Alot of pokemon have grown on me because i dont typically like the poison type much

munnafn22
30th July 2011, 10:14 PM
Trubbish is the uglyest pokemon ever and its evolved form as well.

The Oncoming Storm
30th July 2011, 10:18 PM
Trubbish is the uglyest pokemon ever and its evolved form as well.

Funny i find muk to be just gross! is just toxic oooooooooooozzzzzzze. I also find the eggecute from the first gen to be ugly. But overall i like fifth gens designs ALOT!

abrar14
30th July 2011, 10:18 PM
dont hate on garbordor. i used him in my first playthrough and he was brilliant

munnafn22
30th July 2011, 10:28 PM
Grimer and Trubbish are related, grime comes from filthy trash.

Typhlosionvsworld
30th July 2011, 10:29 PM
You know what I hate is when the first evo is a physical attacker yet when it evolves it is a spec attacker like larvesta and Volcarona

Those are GF's practical jokes on us all. You waste good TMs to learn that the evo has drastically different stats

はるひ
30th July 2011, 10:36 PM
Concerning looks. I think Volcarona is kinda pretty. You know the sun.. I think it's cute.

rocky505
30th July 2011, 10:39 PM
Volcarona sucks without Quiver Dance, unfortunately. Specs/Scarf set would like a word with you.

Nebbio
30th July 2011, 10:43 PM
I think Scrafty is awesome! Notice how his Scrafty uses the old skin of his pre-evo's head as a hood.:D

NeohopeSTF
30th July 2011, 10:48 PM
Garbordor is one of the coolest looking pokemon ever

Endoplasmic Reticulum
30th July 2011, 10:50 PM
Garbordor is one of the coolest looking pokemon ever

Dude are you joking or are you high?

NeohopeSTF
30th July 2011, 10:51 PM
i'm not joking and i'm to young to drink i think it looks epic

Squirtle102
30th July 2011, 10:52 PM
I like Scraggy. He has to keep pulling his pants up.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
30th July 2011, 10:53 PM

Garbador is one of the ugliest Pokemon I've ever seen

thekorean
30th July 2011, 10:53 PM
Then again, anything can suck without a specific move. There are a LOT of Pokemon used competitively that rely on a move or two in order to be useful.

Even without Quiver Dance Bug Buzz and Heat Wave does TONS of damage.

NeohopeSTF
30th July 2011, 10:54 PM
well then our views are different @Electrivire Addict

Endoplasmic Reticulum
30th July 2011, 10:55 PM
well then our views are different

I don't see how you can see a bunch of disgusting trash piled up with horrible looking sludge drooling all over its face with micky mouse ears to not be ugly

NeohopeSTF
30th July 2011, 10:57 PM
Garbordor has
1.Kick A** design
2.Awesome Name
3.Awesome move-pool

Squirtle102
30th July 2011, 10:57 PM
I don't see how you can see a bunch of disgusting trash piled up with horrible looking sludge drooling all over its face with micky mouse ears to not be ugly

Ya true that. It looks horrible.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
30th July 2011, 10:59 PM
3.Awesome move-pool
Its movepool is actually the main reason I hate it actually. Poor design doesn't bother me that much, but that does

NeohopeSTF
30th July 2011, 10:59 PM
Well then
http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljj9xagSsp1qikq2vo1_400.png

Squirtle102
30th July 2011, 11:01 PM
Well I'm a Garbador hater. Who's gonna hate. Scraggy has to be the best in the 5th gen.

rocky505
30th July 2011, 11:02 PM
Garbodor can pack a special set though

Psychic
Focus Blast
Sludge Bomb
Hidden Power

That's better than what Serperior gets(And this is the reason I hate Serperior).

Valoo.
30th July 2011, 11:02 PM
What are you talking about? Garbodor has an awful movepool. It's NU for a reason.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
30th July 2011, 11:03 PM
Well then
http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljj9xagSsp1qikq2vo1_400.png

Well...I have to hate something that is simply ugly and sucks in battle.

But I'm no fan of Scrafty. It may have a good typing and all but it reminds me too much of low riders and I hate it. It may be Shallow, but IDk I've never really been a fan of the fighting or dark type anyway...

edit: What would Garbador do with a special set? Its special attack is horrible!

Squirtle102
30th July 2011, 11:04 PM
Ya I chose Tepig. It just seemed really awesome. And it's moveset is amazing. Just think about the possibilities with Scraggy. A dark/fighting type. I like it because it looks good.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
30th July 2011, 11:04 PM
I chose Tepig too, but he really let me down. IDK, I think I just gave it the wrong moves

はるひ
30th July 2011, 11:05 PM
Youmad?

Since we are talking favorites, I like the girl in my avatar. You know, I have a stupid idea for a game about her lol

Tepig and it's final were awesome. Samuraii came second.

rocky505
30th July 2011, 11:05 PM
What are you talking about? Garbodor has an awful movepool. It's NU for a reason. No it isn't it's movepool it is because poison types suck most of the time when only poison type. The only pure poison type I know that is useful is Weezing.

NeohopeSTF
30th July 2011, 11:06 PM
Garbodor can pack a special set though

Psychic
Focus Blast
Sludge Bomb
Hidden Power

That's better than what Serperior gets(And this is the reason I hate Serperior).

Yeah garbordor is epic with a special set

Valoo.
I chose Oshawott, but I traded to use Tepig as well. I found Emboar slow and frail, but he had his moments. His Attack is great, and his movepool is pretty diverse. Samurott is awesome, and was a great asset. Mixed sets are good on him, although mine was Modest.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
Youmad?

Since we are talking favorites, I like the girl in my avatar. You know, I have a stupid idea for a game about her lol

Tepig and it's final were awesome. Samuraii came second.

Oh you, I remember you. What happened to talking in a blue font?

Anyway yeah IDK Tepig kinda let me down...

Yeah garbordor is epic with a special set

Umm those may be epic moves and all but Garbador's specail attack is god awful

Valoo.
30th July 2011, 11:08 PM
Oh you, I remember you. What happened to talking in a blue font?

Off topic, but why did you stop posting so much?

And any reason why it let you down?

はるひ
30th July 2011, 11:09 PM
[size=3][font=times new roman]Oh you, I remember you. What happened to talking in a blue font?

Oh hey lol
I liked Servine, but yeah I stopped using it.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
30th July 2011, 11:11 PM
Off topic, but why did you stop posting so much?

And any reason why it let you down?

Because of multiple reasons
a.) I lost interest in doing so
b.) I stopped caring about post count
c.) BCVM22 and other started talking about how my posts were meaningless so I decided to cut it down.

Anyway it let me down because I thought it would be good, but it really wasn't...

rocky505
30th July 2011, 11:12 PM
Garbodor does have useful physical moves though.

Gunk Shot
Body Slam
Return
Explosion
Payback(Screw you psychics)
Curse

Which is a lot better than Serperior's movepool yet people still love it. Movepool doesn't decide if you hate a pokemon or not it's mainly looks and originality.

はるひ
30th July 2011, 11:13 PM
Stench Garbodor sounds good.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
30th July 2011, 11:14 PM
Still only one of those is STAB and its pretty unreliable (low accuracy and PP).

And at least Serperior has a good STAB move

はるひ
30th July 2011, 11:15 PM
Has anyone use a Stunfisk before?

Endoplasmic Reticulum
30th July 2011, 11:15 PM
I have! At first I wanted to use one as a joke but it was actually very very good

Squirtle102
30th July 2011, 11:17 PM
I kept mine to the end. I have an Emboar now with the moveset of: Flamethrower, Rollout, Flare Blitz, Hammer Arm. It's all offensive.

Valoo.
inb4 god awful derpfish jokes

I wanted to breed one to try it out, but I never got around to it. It has alright Special Attack and good Defenses, so I will eventually breed one to train. Cool STAb typing as well.

rocky505
Still only one of those is STAB and its pretty unreliable (low accuracy and PP).

And at least Serperior has a good STAB move I was really interested in Serperior when I first saw it but when I saw it's movepool I was shut down. It makes meganium look like a champ in movepool.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
30th July 2011, 11:20 PM
Yeah its movepool was god awful, but with Coil + Leaf Blade I didn't really need any other moves

はるひ
30th July 2011, 11:20 PM
inb4 god awful derpfish jokes

I wanted to breed one to try it out, but I never got around to it. It has alright Special Attack and good Defenses, so I will eventually breed one to train. Cool STAb typing as well.
If only it had levitate....

Endoplasmic Reticulum
30th July 2011, 11:22 PM
See the thing I like about Stunfisk is that it could withstand a good Earthquake or two thanks to its great defenses

はるひ
30th July 2011, 11:23 PM
Ah is it NU?

Endoplasmic Reticulum
30th July 2011, 11:25 PM
I have no idea. I don't really analyze competitive battling that much, nor do I care. If I like it, I use it.

rocky505
30th July 2011, 11:26 PM
I say screw levitate. It should learn Ice Beam.

Valoo.
30th July 2011, 11:27 PM
I'm nearly sure it's UU, but I don't really mind either way. I just use the Pokemon that I like, unless they're really awful.

はるひ
30th July 2011, 11:28 PM
What goes UU mean?

Weird, most of the Pokemon I like are NU. In the unova world I mean.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
30th July 2011, 11:28 PM
What goes UU mean?
Underused .

Valoo.
30th July 2011, 11:30 PM
What goes UU mean?

Weird, most of the Pokemon I like are NU. In the unova world I mean.
Hydreigon isn't. And I don't think Gothitelle is either.

はるひ
30th July 2011, 11:34 PM
Hydreigon isn't. And I don't think Gothitelle is either.

Hydreigon def isnt. I forgot. Gothitelle is since Smoogen bashes her left and right. They don't even post her best sets.

rocky505
30th July 2011, 11:53 PM
Hydreigon def isnt. I forgot. Gothitelle is since Smoogen bashes her left and right. They don't even post her best sets. http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79242&highlight=Gothitelle you sure?

munnafn22
31st July 2011, 12:57 AM
Sawk sounds like sock to me. lol

KuroiMawile
31st July 2011, 1:10 AM
I say screw levitate. It should learn Ice Beam.

Surf works
[Yawn, Earth Power, Surf, Thunderbolt/Discharge, the fun!]

Sawk's name comes from sock as in punching or striking. Like,
Throh's name comes from throwing as in tossing.

Grei
31st July 2011, 3:45 AM

Gold.

Well I'm a Garbador hater. Who's gonna hate. Scraggy has to be the best in the 5th gen.

Agreed. Scraggy and Scrafty rule. They're some of my favorite Pokemon of the 5th Gen.

What are you talking about? Garbodor has an awful movepool. It's NU for a reason.

I was waiting for someone to mention that. Garbador has absolutely nothing going for it. It's frail, it's slow, its movepool sucks, and it's butt-ugly. The only charm it has is for people who like how ugly it is (and apparently for people who think it looks "awesome").

I "used one" on a team that didn't have a Pokemon that could use Surf. I use the quotation marks because I didn't actually use it--it was an HM slave only. I named it "Derpa" because it was a girl.

Sawk sounds like sock to me. lol

That's because "Sawk" and "sock" are homophones.

Squirtle102
31st July 2011, 10:47 AM

i'm not joking and i'm to young to drink

That's pro. Hehehe. Fraxure is awesome!

Paradoxe
31st July 2011, 11:00 AM
I "used one" on a team that didn't have a Pokemon that could use Surf. I use the quotation marks because I didn't actually use it--it was an HM slave only. I named it "Derpa" because it was a girl.

Anyone who's not retarded knows to name females "Herpina" or "Derpette".

Tsk-tsk.

Đew™
31st July 2011, 11:18 AM
Ya know, stunfisk isn't that bad. For some reason, I want to say it's like one of my favorite novelty pokemon, dunsparce...

Endoplasmic Reticulum
31st July 2011, 4:28 PM
Dunsparce sucked, but Stunfisk was one of the best members on my team

rocky505
31st July 2011, 4:43 PM
DUnsparce doesn't suck. it has serene grace and can learn body slam. But it isn't as good as fisky. I just bred me a Stunfisk with Earth Power and HP Ice. I am about to trade it over to my Black and use it in my run.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
31st July 2011, 5:16 PM
Yeah when I was using Dunsparce I was stupid and used one with Run Away...

Gelatini Jejunator
31st July 2011, 5:17 PM
Personally, Trubbish and Vanillite, along with Foongus, are my favourite Pokemon this generation. I don't get all the hate towards them.

Grei
31st July 2011, 5:27 PM
Anyone who's not retarded knows to name females "Herpina" or "Derpette".

Tsk-tsk.

My bad. I'm not up to date on the lingo you young'uns come up with

Endoplasmic Reticulum
31st July 2011, 5:37 PM
Personally, Trubbish and Vanillite, along with Foongus, are my favourite Pokemon this generation. I don't get all the hate towards them.

I don't have a problem with Amoongus but I really hate Garbador.

Vannilluxe is a pretty good Pokemon in battle, but I really don't like its design. Well actually it's stupid, but it's not hideous like Garbodor is...

Gelatini Jejunator
31st July 2011, 5:38 PM
I don't have a problem with Amoongus but I really hate Garbador.

Vannilluxe is a pretty good Pokemon in battle, but I really don't like its design. Well actually it's stupid, but it's not hideous like Garbodor is...
Can't be any more stupid than a floating magnet or moving slime.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
31st July 2011, 5:43 PM
Nah, AN ICE CREAM CONE isn't more stupid than that. Those things aren't that stupid IMO. Food battling is

Gelatini Jejunator
31st July 2011, 5:56 PM
Nah, AN ICE CREAM CONE isn't more stupid than that. Those things aren't that stupid IMO. Food battling is
Cherubi and Exeggcute say hi.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
31st July 2011, 5:59 PM
Cherubi is a cherry PLANT not the actual food. And Eggxecute are coconuts, and Eggxecutor is a coconut tree.

Still the fact that they're based on foods aren't as apparent as Vanniluxe.

Gelatini Jejunator
31st July 2011, 6:24 PM
Why is it acceptable for Pokemon to be based off of inanimate objects but not food?

Also I think the idea is that Vanillite took the shape of ice cream for predatory/prey purposes. Same with Foongus and Poke Balls.

The Eleventh
31st July 2011, 7:05 PM
Why is it acceptable for Pokemon to be based off of inanimate objects but not food?
There's a difference between food and objects. It's all down to personal preference, but I don't like either much, although I'm more lenient with object-based Pokémon than I am with food-based ones.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
31st July 2011, 7:15 PM
Because I don't want to look at a Pokemon and think it is something that goes in my stomach...

SasakiThePikachu
31st July 2011, 9:19 PM

Also I think the idea is that Vanillite took the shape of ice cream for predatory/prey purposes. Same with Foongus and Poke Balls.

Considering they're being sold and eaten in Castelia city, I'd say it really isn't working out for them.

^ Elec, you're telling me you never looked at Blaziken and thought of KFC, or at Emboar, and thought 'mmm, bacon that fries itself...'?

Endoplasmic Reticulum
31st July 2011, 9:21 PM
Wait it's Vannilite that are sold in Castelia? I thought it was just regular ice cream!

arceus7
31st July 2011, 10:00 PM
not to mention garbordor can run stockpile sets not to mention its pretty bulky , and in double battles its scary( durant+garbordor ruins teams, I hate you Emmet and the god damn doubles train XD I need to level up ferrothorn and my chimchar just to kick there buts)

I usually use Lapras, scizor/Lucario/mienshao,espeon/volcarona/hihidaruma, hydreigon/salamence/garchomp

the only thing I have that can outspeed the stupid rock slide of durants is infernape , maybe I should get a conkeldurr with mach punch and a baton passer ._.
Jolly mienshao isnt cutting it ._.

munnafn22
31st July 2011, 10:04 PM
They should have come up with a better name for sawk.

arceus7
31st July 2011, 10:07 PM
the vanil line is just snow and ice but it looks like an ice cream cone it isnt actually ice cream and dont worry all castelia sells is regular ice cream not vanilite ice cream or magikar burgers or moomoo milk

maybe vanilite makes the ice cream? I dunno Ice from a vanilluxe+moomilk=ice cream ?

Well they only had two choices, judo for throh ( allready abridged of sudowoodo so noooooo)

So they went with the whole throh thing so when they had Sawk the only choices they had were Sawk(like socking someone in the face with a punch) or PAWNCH!

Sawk or PAWNCH. Which is better (PAWNCH) is why Pokemon names are lowercase this gen . Didnt want coPyright Problems with CaPn Falcon.

munnafn22
31st July 2011, 10:08 PM
I would never use food pokemon in my team. It would just look weird having a team of food. lol

Guava
31st July 2011, 10:11 PM
Granbull is a very forgetful pokemon, but with bulk up he becomes fantastic, though I havent tested it yet...

rocky505
31st July 2011, 10:14 PM
Cherubi is a cherry PLANT not the actual food. And Eggxecute are coconuts, and Eggxecutor is a coconut tree.

Still the fact that they're based on foods aren't as apparent as Vanniluxe. Cherubi IS a pair of cherries and Exeggcute is a bunch of eggs that turn into coconuts when they evolve. Mushrooms are also food Paras line, Shroomish line and Foongus line. Someone needs to go visit the Animals That Are Not Pokemon Thread.

The Eleventh
31st July 2011, 10:20 PM
Sawk or PAWNCH. Which is better (PAWNCH) is why Pokemon names are lowercase this gen . Didnt want coPyright Problems with CaPn Falcon.
I sincerely doubt that names are in lowercase in Gen V just because of one, unused name.

arceus7
31st July 2011, 10:40 PM
thats just an examPle of satirical sarcasm :631:

Đew™
31st July 2011, 10:43 PM
I don't mind food pokemon. (Keep in mind the cultures of the world...there's some that would eat lilipup and purrloin.) Durant is probably my favorite one...yes, people eat ants. In chocolate. However, with the creation of the vanil line, pokemon isn't really trying to curb childhood obesity.

Honestly, it wouldn't be all that hard to make an international food team. Let's see, blaziken, vanilluxe, durant, tropius (pretty much a walking banana tree), stoutland, and basculin. Wow, that actually sounds like a good team...

Endoplasmic Reticulum
31st July 2011, 10:51 PM
Cherubi IS a pair of cherries and Exeggcute is a bunch of eggs that turn into coconuts when they evolve. Mushrooms are also food Paras line, Shroomish line and Foongus line. Someone needs to go visit the Animals That Are Not Pokemon Thread.
Okay, I don't mind fruits and vegetables as they're also plants. But I don't like when Pokemon are based off snacks I eat

JD
31st July 2011, 11:25 PM
I want a Cupcake based Pokemon next gen :p

Anyway in all seriousness, does anyone here think Garbodor should be Poison/Psychic since it probably uses Psychic ability to keep its self together? It can learn Psychic too I think.

rocky505
31st July 2011, 11:28 PM
Not really. It just seems like a pure poison type. That's like saying Muk should be Posion/Water since it is liquid looking and slimey.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
31st July 2011, 11:30 PM
Yeah...don't let that horrible excuse for a Pokemon take up an actual respectable type.

Endless
1st August 2011, 12:02 AM

Anyway in all seriousness, does anyone here think Garbodor should be Poison/Psychic since it probably uses Psychic ability to keep its self together? It can learn Psychic too I think.

I don't see why not, it would at least help the poor thing a little.
However, I can't say this enough but it is really annoying that Druddigon isn't Dragon/Rock.

Squirtle102
1st August 2011, 12:04 AM
Ya a cupcake like Pokemon would be a good idea. It would be really weak though. But cute.

KuroiMawile
1st August 2011, 12:10 AM
I don't see why not, it would at least help the poor thing a little.
However, I can't say this enough but it is really annoying that Druddigon isn't Dragon/Grass.

It's dex says it's leaf-like wings "absorb sunlight", shiny is green, those thorny spikes.

But any unique type would be nice.

The Oncoming Storm
1st August 2011, 12:11 AM
Cupcake pokemon YUM! But seriously the food pokes aren't so bad. I mean some pokemon that are foods are pretty bad arse.

KickAsh
1st August 2011, 2:41 AM

I think actually it holds itself together with piping.
So maybe it should have been Poison/Steel? That would be so good defensively. That's 12 resistances, 1 immunity, and 4 weaknesses (albeit one 4x weakness to Ground). It would make Garbodor so much better.

The Oncoming Storm
1st August 2011, 3:45 AM
I think actually it holds itself together with piping.
So maybe it should have been Poison/Steel? That would be so good defensively. That's 12 resistances, 1 immunity, and 4 weaknesses (albeit one 4x weakness to Ground). It would make Garbodor so much better.

This would have made Garbodor soooo much cooler!

MetalFlygon08
1st August 2011, 5:01 AM
I 1st thought Garby was Poison/Ground.

It's shiny form should've had a Black Bag.

BCVM22
1st August 2011, 6:51 AM
Didnt want coPyright Problems with CaPn Falcon.

Yes, I bet Nintendo of America was dread terrified of their parent company suing them for a name similarity.

But I don't like when Pokemon are based off snacks I eat

Yeah...don't let that horrible excuse for a Pokemon take up an actual respectable type.

These are just inventing reasons to complain now. Come on.

Silent Conversation
1st August 2011, 4:24 PM
Garbodor would be pretty cool as a poison/psychic type (I'm pretty sure that's been brought up before, though), however I don't think that would make me use it. Psychic is my favourite type, but unless adding psychic gives it an amazingly better move set, greater stats and a cooler appearance, it wouldn't make much of a difference to give it to Garbodor.

Aurath8
1st August 2011, 11:44 PM
Garbodor would be pretty cool as a poison/psychic type (I'm pretty sure that's been brought up before, though), however I don't think that would make me use it. Psychic is my favourite type, but unless adding psychic gives it an amazingly better move set, greater stats and a cooler appearance, it wouldn't make much of a difference to give it to Garbodor.

If anything Poison/Psychic would make Garbodor even less appealing thanks to being outclassed by every other Psychic this generation. Physically it's movepool sucks and as a Poison type it's outclassed by Scolipede, as a psychic type by Victini. On the Special side, its stats fail and Amoongus and Beheeyem/Reuniclus outclass it. As a supporter it has some options but doesn't have the stats to pull it off effectively. Again, Amoongus and Beheyem/Reuniclus outclass it here.
Whether it be pure Poison or Poison/Psychic, Garbodor just cannot stand out amongst it's generation.

Đew™
1st August 2011, 11:52 PM
Of all the FE poison pokemon, which one doesn't outclass garbodor? Adding the psychic type seems like it would hurt it more than help it...it only loses a weakness to psychic while it gains weaknesses from ghost and dark.

Garbodor: Winner of the 5th Generation Wasted Potential Award.
Klinklang: Runner-Up to said award.

rocky505
2nd August 2011, 12:00 AM
Of all the FE poison pokemon, which one doesn't outclass garbodor? Muk is a heck of a lot worse design wise.

Endless
2nd August 2011, 12:23 AM
Of all the FE poison pokemon, which one doesn't outclass garbodor? Adding the psychic type seems like it would hurt it more than help it...it only loses a weakness to psychic while it gains weaknesses from ghost and dark.

hey, don't talk bad about Klinklang, give it some larger movepool in Grey and see how well it can do

KickAsh
2nd August 2011, 2:58 AM
Wasted potential? What potential did Garbodor even have?
Although I have to say I kind of like Garbodor's shiny sprite. Go figure.

However, I can't say this enough but it is really annoying that Druddigon isn't Dragon/Rock.

Speaking of this, let's talk about Pokemon with types we wish were different instead of talking about Garbodor all day .
For example, I really wish Klinklang was Steel/Electric. A secondary Electric typing would really help Klingklang, giving it Electric STAB.
Also, it would be cool if Beartic was Ice/Fighting.

MetalFlygon08
2nd August 2011, 3:45 AM
Beatric could also have sported Ice/Water.

loveyfoof
2nd August 2011, 5:12 AM
Gear appeared 100 years ago. But where did Gear appear from?

XXD17
2nd August 2011, 9:14 AM
I wanted serperior to be dragon/ grass to make up for sceptile's loss...but it looks like a dragon type starter will never happen after what they did with charizard...

Poke_Mania97
2nd August 2011, 9:43 AM
I wanted serperior to be dragon/ grass to make up for sceptile's loss...but it looks like a dragon type starter will never happen after what they did with charizard...

Hey charizard was awesome D': hes my fav out of the lot!

Anyway i wanted to ask if this team is good for white:

Serperior
Arceheops
Zoroark
Hydreigon
Victini(Maybe)
----

i was thinking of getting carracosta but it wouldnt be good to have two rock types really.... i just want a good water or a good ground type. I fell water is more important. Any suggestions?

firemaster13
2nd August 2011, 10:24 AM
i (and many other people) know a water / good type. I think Swampert is the best pokemon for that request

Pyrax
2nd August 2011, 10:30 AM
i was thinking of getting carracosta but it wouldnt be good to have two rock types really.... i just want a good water or a good ground type. I fell water is more important. Any suggestions?
How about Jellicent or Alomomola?

i (and many other people) know a water / good type. I think Swampert is the best pokemon for that request
Swampert isn't in the Unova dex.

The Oncoming Storm
2nd August 2011, 10:33 AM
Go with jellicwnt if you dont want to go with trading for an osha. Jellicent takes hits and is able to use surf to its full advantage

Poke_Mania97
2nd August 2011, 10:35 AM
>.< if only he was :( he's right it would be the best... hey what about that one that's a frog?

and would it be bad to have a carracosta as well then. cause tbh i only want a water type for surfing and waterfalls. also for Clay....

i dont like alomomola and jellicent doesnt seem to ring to me. like is it really that good? I was thinking i could trade an oshawott over to white....but i wanna do something different

@Volt Trainer : Lol as soon as i posted this u suggested trading oshawott

Gelatini Jejunator
2nd August 2011, 10:49 AM
For example, I really wish Klinklang was Steel/Electric. A secondary Electric typing would really help Klingklang, giving it Electric STAB.
Also, it would be cool if Beartic was Ice/Fighting.

Yes, because we desperately need a worse Magnezone clone or to give Beartic even more weaknesses. They're both fine Pokemon; Fighting for Beartic wouldn't make sense. As MetalFlygon said, if Beartic was to have any extra type, it'd be Water.

Poke_Mania97
2nd August 2011, 10:52 AM
so i guess its between Jelicent and Samurott, its just i really dont like jellicent's movepool.... i could easily make an oshawott egg.

Arceus94
2nd August 2011, 11:03 AM
Klingklang can't learn any good moves. Chandelure is the greatst pokemon EVER. And i Love Jellicent *w*

I miss the Vs seeker. I really liked the Ghost types in this gen. But i think they should have made a Grass/Ghost-Type. That would have been cool :3

The Oncoming Storm
2nd August 2011, 11:05 AM
so i guess its between Jelicent and Samurott, its just i really dont like jellicent's movepool.... i could easily make an oshawott egg.

Alright im gonna give you a rundown of the three best choices you got.
Samurott- All around good and prolly best water ingame.
Jellicent- It can take hits while yo heak up your weakened pokemon. Also can attack decently.
Carracosta- Was fun to use. Had good attacks and made making a move setup easy.

These are my opinions on the three

firemaster13
2nd August 2011, 1:10 PM
How about Jellicent or Alomomola?

Swampert isn't in the Unova dex.

You are right but I thought the Poke Mania97 had already passed the pokemon league

KickAsh
2nd August 2011, 3:18 PM
Hey charizard was awesome D': hes my fav out of the lot!

Anyway i wanted to ask if this team is good for white:

Serperior
Arceheops
Zoroark
Hydreigon
Victini(Maybe)
----

First of all, high five for Charizard.
Secondly, if you want a Water type and a Ground type, go for Seismitoad, who has a dual Water/Ground typing. I don't know if he's any good, but he does fill the hole in your team.

Yes, because we desperately need a worse Magnezone clone or to give Beartic even more weaknesses. They're both fine Pokemon; Fighting for Beartic wouldn't make sense. As MetalFlygon said, if Beartic was to have any extra type, it'd be Water.
If Klingklang was Steel/Electric, it wouldn't have to be a worse Magnezone. Klinklang can easily fulfill a different role than Magnezone. It has a higher base Attack stat, not to mention more Speed, which could allow it to be a tank that could very well be a threat in UU, RU, wherever.
And an Ice/Fighting type would have 5 weakness, yes, (although that's only 1 more than what Beartic already has), but it's weaknesses to Flying and Steel would be threatened by Ice type attacks and Fighting type attacks, respectively, and therefore an Ice/Fighting type would be better defensively than you would think. Also, since Beartic's PokeDex entry specifically mentions how Beartic fights with fangs and claws of ice, it could definitely be part Fighting.
But I was just thinking out loud, really, and it's not that important to defend something that doesn't exist...

Endoplasmic Reticulum
2nd August 2011, 4:04 PM
But...if Klinklang was Electric/Steel it would be even more of a Magnezone ripoff...

The only thing I wish is that it had better special attack to physical

SasakiThePikachu
2nd August 2011, 4:05 PM
Seismitoad - it's one of those pokemon that starts out carrying your team, and ends up being carried by your team. Mine was a steamroller at first, but by the time my Larvesta and Deino evolved and starting kicking arse, she was dead weight. Bless her.

Speaking of wishful typing, I wish Gothitelle had gone psychic/dark on her final evo. I also wish Dewott had gone water/fighting, and Pignite had gone fire/dark. Not only do they both look like they'd fit these typings, but then you'd get the whole 'honourable' fighting line (samurai) vs the 'dirty' fighting line (wrestling). Perfect. I should apply for a job at GF :)

Endoplasmic Reticulum
2nd August 2011, 4:08 PM
Seismitoad wasn't good? It seemed pretty good from the looks of it...

SasakiThePikachu
2nd August 2011, 4:13 PM
Seismitoad wasn't good? It seemed pretty good from the looks of it...

Oh, don't get me wrong. She's fantastic at first, but by mid-game she's good, and by post-game she's only pretty average. There are better water pokemon with better stats, is I guess what I'm saying.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
2nd August 2011, 4:15 PM
Oh, don't get me wrong. She's fantastic at first, but by mid-game she's good, and by post-game she's only pretty average. There are better water pokemon with better stats, is I guess what I'm saying.

I guess. But I was kinda disappointed because I thought it would be awesome.

What water types are better though? Jellicent and Carracosta?

Gelatini Jejunator
2nd August 2011, 4:15 PM
It's sad that when most people think 5th gen Water type, they turn to Samurott, Jellicent, Carracosta or Seismitoad.

No Basculin love? And what about poor old Swanna? :( Alomomola? Simipour?

Endoplasmic Reticulum
2nd August 2011, 4:18 PM
Basculin sucks, Swanna does to because of its super duper effective weakness to electric. I forgot about Alomomola but she seems pretty awesome, and I forgot about Simipour too who was really good when I used it.

KickAsh
2nd August 2011, 4:26 PM
It's sad that when most people think 5th gen Water type, they turn to Samurott, Jellicent, Carracosta or Seismitoad.

I like Swanna. I've never used it, but I love it's design, and I like Ducklett even more. I like Basculin's design, too, but it's just not a Pokemon I want to use. I don't like Alomomola, and I used Simipour for awhile when I played Black and it sucked.
Still, my favorite Water type Pokemon this gen is probably Jellicent. Cool typing and a cool design.

Skydra
2nd August 2011, 4:27 PM
Basculin does have a myriad of possible abilities, however. Including Adaptability, which gives a X2 boost to water moves instead of 1.5. It has decent Speed and Attack too. Combine Aqua Jet with Adaptability and it's going to be a damaging priority move.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
2nd August 2011, 4:28 PM
Swanna's design just makes me laugh out of ridiculousness.

But yeah, Basculin's design is pretty good, but it sucks.

And what are you talking about Simipour sucking!? It was amazing for me. Jellicent was a letdown for me though...

SasakiThePikachu
2nd August 2011, 4:34 PM
I raised a Swanna - keep her out of the way of electric attacks, and she's great. Mine came with a naughty nature so I gave her Dive and Fly as great physical STAB moves, and with Ice Beam as a back-up plan she can flatten most everything in-game. I probably wouldn't bet on her in any wifi battle, though...

On a purely aesthetic note - she is beautiful, her cry is a lovely trill, and when she spreads her wings, ah! So elegant! (-^___^-)

Endoplasmic Reticulum
2nd August 2011, 4:40 PM
Hmm...the way you put it I may give Swanna a shot sometime...

KickAsh
2nd August 2011, 5:28 PM
And what are you talking about Simipour sucking!? It was amazing for me.
My Simipour couldn't do diddly squat. It had a Hasty nature, so it just died to simple Tackles and Bites. Lenora's physical Pokemon simply destroyed it, and even when it faced special Pokemon it seemed to get knocked out all too fast.
I boxed it, planning to get a Frillish, but instead I just got a Cloyster.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
2nd August 2011, 5:29 PM
Well I don't pay attention to natures so maybe I got a good natured one.

What moves did you teach it?

arceus7
2nd August 2011, 6:12 PM
water/ice isnt weak to steel ( XD my lapras had a fun time walling Alders level 75 vanilluxe at level 39 while I healed the rest of my team XD ) Bulky lapras ftw!

Volcarona gets a lot of usage because it isnt weak to Earthquake, SR has toned down a bit this generation and not to mention it goes well with umbreon( wish spam to recover any sr damage) it gets one quiver dance off, its bulky enough to withstand anything that isnt a rock type move and after a quiver dance it can OHKO you with the right move

I got a modest zenmode darmanitan today, but now I need another rage candy to sr for a shiny

Silent Conversation
2nd August 2011, 6:19 PM
The only water type I've used in 5th gen so far is Samurott, but as of now the only 5th gen water types I would actually consider using are Samurott, Seismitoad, Jellicent and Carracosta.

KickAsh
2nd August 2011, 7:36 PM
Well I don't pay attention to natures so maybe I got a good natured one.

What moves did you teach it?
It didn't get past Lv. 24, so it knew Lick/Fury Swipes/Bite/Scald.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
2nd August 2011, 7:38 PM
It didn't get past Lv. 24, so it knew Lick/Fury Swipes/Bite/Scald.
You should've stuck with it. It gets pretty good

arceus7
2nd August 2011, 7:49 PM
the whole fling +recycle moveset gets more use in competetive battling rather than ingame so mine new crunch,scald,shadow claw,brick break

Endoplasmic Reticulum
2nd August 2011, 7:52 PM
Yeah I think that was the gist of my moveset too, except I taught it Surf instead of Scald

arceus7
2nd August 2011, 8:33 PM
you know I always hear someone saying that Bisharp looks like a power ranger or that he looks like Kamen Rider ( Love the Kamen Franchise)

But to be honest he looks like Guyver. ( I lurrved that show very involving plot, very high paced and very fun to watch. They re did it in 05 and it brought me a new peace of the show I love > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raLGRGGNIRU (subs are kinda bad here in this video you can see them better by watching the show on one of the anime streaming sites ( I watched em on megavideo)

For that reason I named my Bisharp , Sho(after the main character)

The Eleventh
2nd August 2011, 8:45 PM

Basculin's all right, but it fails where other Water-types succeed. I liked Swanna at first, and used it on my team, right up until after the Elite Four. She just couldn't cope anymore, so I had to let her go to my PC. Alomomola seems to be very useful, although I haven't checked it out much. A Luvdisc connection would have made it more usable, in my opinion. And Simipour? Ever since everyone and their dog in Unova owns all three of the monkeys, I've lost interest in each of them. They've become generic.

arceus7
2nd August 2011, 8:52 PM
I got my simipour in lostlorn forest ._.

I need a celebi I still have the zorua sitting in the gamefreak building

The Oncoming Storm
2nd August 2011, 9:53 PM
I want to try out bisharp, hydriegon, timburr, venipede, electross, and klink. But i need a water type to surf. Im trying to figure what i wana use how are these pokes

arceus7
2nd August 2011, 9:56 PM
timbur is a good fighting mon but honestly he gets more usage in Wifi battles or the subway rather than ingame since its slow, use sawk or mienfoo

gyaradosuseddragonrage!
2nd August 2011, 10:53 PM
Yeah, a lot of stuff are slow too. Carracosta, Scrafty, Bisharp, Eelektross, etc.

rocky505
2nd August 2011, 10:58 PM
Scrafty and Bisharp are not TOO slow. And Scrafty has DD to make up for it and Bisharp has Rock Polsih. Eelektross can T wave and be faster. Carracoasta can Smash and have a good chance of OHKOing with aqua jet.

gyaradosuseddragonrage!
2nd August 2011, 11:01 PM
So what is your opinion of Conkeldurr? I think it is powerful and bulky enough to get away with it.

Silent Conversation
2nd August 2011, 11:05 PM
So what is your opinion of Conkeldurr? I think it is powerful and bulky enough to get away with it.

It seems great, with its amazing HP and attack. Only problem is I don't like its move set, and it's only my third favourite fighting type this gen (Sawk and Scrafty come before it)

gyaradosuseddragonrage!
2nd August 2011, 11:08 PM
Which more, Sawk and Scrafty? I really like Scrafty, but Terakion is pretty cool also.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
2nd August 2011, 11:08 PM

Colkeldurrrrrr seems like a pretty good Pokemon, except it looks ridiculous. But I'm not shallow and hate on it just because of its appearance

Silent Conversation
2nd August 2011, 11:10 PM
Which more, Sawk and Scrafty?

Well I've used Sawk in-game while I only plan to use Scrafty in the future, so right it has to be Sawk.

rocky505
2nd August 2011, 11:11 PM
I am saving Conkeldur for a future game, that is if he'll be able to learn the elemental punches in the future.

gyaradosuseddragonrage!
2nd August 2011, 11:12 PM
You probably have already heard this, but Scrafty is has two excellent abilities, is awesome against the Elite 4, N, and Ghetsis, gets a great movepool, and gets Dragon Dance. I recommend it.

Silent Conversation
2nd August 2011, 11:13 PM
I am saving Conkeldur for a future game, that is if he'll be able to learn the elemental punches in the future.

Well I plan on using Conkeldurr for my third play of the BWG series (I plan on using Scrafty for my second), and considering I'll probably replay Black or buy White for my second play, that'll mean my third play will be for Grey.

And I never thought of Conkeldurr learning the elemental punches. That would make its move set a lot better.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
2nd August 2011, 11:13 PM
Yeah Scrafty seems amazing but I'm not a fan of the dark or fighting types...

Silent Conversation
2nd August 2011, 11:14 PM
You probably have already heard this, but Scrafty is has two excellent abilities, is awesome against the Elite 4, N, and Ghetsis, gets a great movepool, and gets Dragon Dance. I recommend it.

I've seen its abilities and they are pretty awesome. And I've heard that some people use it to sweep the entire Elite 4, so considering I'd only use a Scrafty for in-game, that makes it even better for me to use in the future.

gyaradosuseddragonrage!
2nd August 2011, 11:15 PM
If Conkeldurr gets the punches... it doesn't give it much more than it already has.

Silent Conversation
2nd August 2011, 11:16 PM
If Conkeldurr gets the punches... it doesn't give it much more than it already has.

It will give it a much better type coverage.

gyaradosuseddragonrage!
2nd August 2011, 11:19 PM
Well it's competitive set is Drain Punch/Bulk Up/Payback/Mach Punch generally so the punches doesn't really help it, when Fighting + Dark already gives near perfect neutral coverage.

Silent Conversation
2nd August 2011, 11:21 PM
I'm just speaking in-game considering I don't play competitively. Giving Conkeldurr the punches would allow people to use it in a lot more gym battles.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
2nd August 2011, 11:21 PM
Err...we're talking about Conkeldurrrrrrrrrr not Scrafty

gyaradosuseddragonrage!
2nd August 2011, 11:22 PM
I know. Scrafty doesn't get Mach Punch.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
2nd August 2011, 11:24 PM
I know. Scrafty doesn't get Mach Punch.

But...why were you talking about that it's fighting/dark combination gives it coverage? Cokeldurrrrrrrr isn't fighting/dark...

Silent Conversation
2nd August 2011, 11:26 PM
But...why were you talking about that it's fighting/dark combination gives it coverage? Cokeldurrrrrrrr isn't fighting/dark...

Payback is in the competitive move set.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
2nd August 2011, 11:27 PM
Payback is in the competitive move set.

Oh wow I feel stupid. Never mind then!

Kuraikarasu
3rd August 2011, 5:27 AM
Payback is a good move On scrafty due to the fact that most mons will out run it but it's defenses a great enough that it can take the hit and dish it back with stab but to tell the truth I prefer crunch for it's secondary effect :(

The scrafty I run is this

Scrafty @ expert belt
Moxie Adamant
+128 sp.DEF EVs, +128 DEF EVs, and +252 ATK EVs
-ice punch
- brick break
-zen headbutt
-crunch

Grei
3rd August 2011, 5:45 AM
Payback is a good move On scrafty due to the fact that most mons will out run it but it's defenses a great enough that it can take the hit and dish it back with stab but to tell the truth I prefer crunch for it's secondary effect :(

The scrafty I run is this

Scrafty @ expert belt
Moxie Adamant
+128 sp.DEF EVs, +128 DEF EVs, and +252 ATK EVs
-ice punch
- brick break
-zen headbutt
-crunch

I used to prefer Payback, but once I raised a Jolly Scrafty, I used Crunch, since its secondary effect is more useful than possibly getting more damage with Payback.

thekorean
3rd August 2011, 6:09 AM
I bred a snorunt and evolved it to Froslass.

I gave it this moveset:

Heil
Shadow Ball
Ice Beam
Ominous Wind

thoughts?

The Eleventh
3rd August 2011, 10:57 AM

I gave it this moveset:

Heil Hitler
Shadow Ball
Ice Beam
Ominous Wind

thoughts?
Are you going to be using it competitively? If so, you'll want to radically change her movepool. Otherwise, it's fine. Thunderbolt and Psychic may be useful for in-game purposes.

SnugNBouncy
3rd August 2011, 3:28 PM

I gave it this moveset:

Heil
Shadow Ball
Ice Beam
Ominous Wind

thoughts?

I dont see why you need both shadow ball and ominous wind

Silent Conversation
3rd August 2011, 5:06 PM
I dont see why you need both shadow ball and ominous wind

I agree. Just stick with Shadow Ball and get rid of Ominous Wind. Shadow Ball has more power than Ominous Wind to begin with, and multiplying that by STAB's 1.5x multiplier, Shadow Ball has even more than Ominous Wind. Unless you really want that 10% chance at a stat raise, Shadow Ball is the better attack.

TheBattleFrontierAsh1
3rd August 2011, 5:12 PM
I personally love scrafty for its defense alone.
And the moxie ability.

Silent Conversation
3rd August 2011, 5:26 PM
I personally love scrafty for its defense alone.
And the moxie ability.

Although Shed Skin doesn't seem like such a bad alternative. And defense is what most Scrafty users love about the Pokemon - it's a fighting type that can deal out a hit but also take one well.

Typhlosionvsworld
3rd August 2011, 5:29 PM
Yeah Scrafty seems amazing but I'm not a fan of the dark or fighting types...

Its really overused

Endoplasmic Reticulum
3rd August 2011, 5:35 PM
Its really overused

Woah someone's actually agreeing with me? That's a first

Kuraikarasu
3rd August 2011, 5:40 PM
It may be overused but that doesn't make it any worse of a pokemon

To change the topic what are your ideas on the monkeys are they good competitively or do the suck monkey scrotum(no pun intended) because I only really had my pansear for the first gym then dropped it for darmanitan

Endoplasmic Reticulum
3rd August 2011, 5:46 PM
I think the monkeys are pretty good. I used a Simipour and it proved to be very useful

Grei
3rd August 2011, 5:55 PM
Woah someone's actually agreeing with me? That's a first

It'd happen more often if you didn't post negatives so much. Most of your posts are talking about how you don't like [X] feature or [Y] Pokemon (and they happen to be popular features and Pokemon). js

It may be overused but that doesn't make it any worse of a pokemon

To change the topic what are your ideas on the monkeys are they good competitively or do the suck monkey scrotum(no pun intended) because I only really had my pansear for the first gym then dropped it for darmanitan

They seem pretty mediocre. I did the exact same thing as you--use Pansear initially, until I got a Darmanitan. (Partially because Darmanitan is a total beast, but also because I like Darmanitan a lot more than I do Pansear.) The pan monkeys are neat, but they really aren't fantastic competitively.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
3rd August 2011, 6:00 PM
It'd happen more often if you didn't post negatives so much. Most of your posts are talking about how you don't like [X] feature or [Y] Pokemon (and they happen to be popular features and Pokemon).
Hey I've liked a bunch of things before. But often times things are usually a hit or miss.

Valoo.
3rd August 2011, 6:27 PM
Eh, they're alright. Competitively they're awful, but for in-game they'll do fine. I used my Pansear until about the fourth gym, when I ditched it for Zoroark. Their designs are good enough, with Pansage and Simisage being my favourite. What really put me off them was the fact that every trainer and theur dog had one. Your rivals had one each, and Morimoto had all three. They were far too overused.

It'd happen more often if you didn't post negatives so much. Most of your posts are talking about how you don't like [X] feature or [Y] Pokemon (and they happen to be popular features and Pokemon). js
He's just trying to up his postcount :S

arceus7
3rd August 2011, 6:38 PM
at least your honest ohei look we have as many pages as we do pokemon fitting for the new pokemon discussion

Endoplasmic Reticulum
3rd August 2011, 6:50 PM
Eh, they're alright. Competitively they're awful, but for in-game they'll do fine. I used my Pansear until about the fourth gym, when I ditched it for Zoroark. Their designs are good enough, with Pansage and Simisage being my favourite. What really put me off them was the fact that every trainer and theur dog had one. Your rivals had one each, and Morimoto had all three. They were far too overused.
There were also three trainers in the desert that had one, three trainers in Castelia that had one, and a triple/rotation battle where someone has all three. But yeah, design wise the sage's are my favourite. The pour's look like hippies IMO.

thekorean
3rd August 2011, 6:56 PM
Are you going to be using it competitively? If so, you'll want to radically change her movepool. Otherwise, it's fine. Thunderbolt and Psychic may be useful for in-game purposes.

If I want to use it competitively what should be the moveset? Surely Ice Beam would still be its main STAB move?

Kuraikarasu
3rd August 2011, 6:56 PM
I think they were ment to be based off of a certain genre of music but don't quote me on that :/

Endoplasmic Reticulum
3rd August 2011, 6:59 PM
I think they were ment to be based off of a certain genre of music but don't quote me on that :/

What? The pans and simis?

Kuraikarasu
3rd August 2011, 7:00 PM
^ yeah, but I'm not entirely sure sooooo...

The Eleventh
3rd August 2011, 7:03 PM
What? The pans and simis?
Just the Simis; Elvis for Simisage, Bob Dylan for Simisear, and Bob Marley for Simipour. Apparently. The Pans are based off the monkey motif "Hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil."

Endoplasmic Reticulum
3rd August 2011, 7:05 PM
Interesting adaption. I can see especially Simipour being based off Bob Marley...

Kuraikarasu
3rd August 2011, 7:11 PM
^ lol so true so back on topic
Did any of you expect stunfisk to be as good as it is?

Silent Conversation
3rd August 2011, 7:12 PM
Interesting adaption. I can see especially Simipour being based off Bob Marley...

Simisear and Bob Dylan also have a very close resemblance, especially in their hair.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
3rd August 2011, 7:18 PM
Simisear and Bob Dylan also have a very close resemblance, especially in their hair.

True but I know more about Bob Marley than Bob Dylan.

I don't really see how Simisear looks like Elvis though...

The Eleventh
3rd August 2011, 7:24 PM
True but I know more about Bob Marley than Bob Dylan.

I don't really see how Simisear (error, I presume) looks like Elvis though...
Fine, Simisage is based off Jedward.

The quiff?

Endoplasmic Reticulum
3rd August 2011, 7:26 PM
Yes, I meant Simisage. But I can see those two. I misread, I thought I read Simisage for Bob Dylan and Simisear for Elvis. Never mind then :D

arceus7
3rd August 2011, 8:25 PM
also a hit if you look at what the simis are doing with their hands you can get a hint as what they do with their hands is a symbol for what they represent

Silent Conversation
3rd August 2011, 8:30 PM
also a hit if you look at what the simis are doing with their hands you can get a hint as what they do with their hands is a symbol for what they represent

Just looked at that now. Huh, never really considered that before. Pretty interesting.

JD
4th August 2011, 12:44 AM
Is Eelektross any good? Like is it worth raising Tynamo to get one I was planning on trying one out because it has no weakness and it's pretty bulky. I heard the low speed stat it has kills it though.

zerofield
4th August 2011, 12:58 AM
Is Eelektross any good? Like is it worth raising Tynamo to get one I was planning on trying one out because it has no weakness and it's pretty bulky. I heard the low speed stat it has kills it though.

i wouldnt really call 80/80/80 pretty bulky, but its ok. eelektross is kinda like emboar. the damage it can put out will WRECK you, but people can ohko it before it can attack thanks to a lack of speed. it also has less hp than emboar. i'm not really partial to either. its like they were built to be sweepers, but then got their speed stat surgically removed. for in-game, galvantula is better.

rocky505
4th August 2011, 1:06 AM
i wouldnt really call 80/80/80 pretty bulky, but its ok. eelektross is kinda like emboar. the damage it can put out will WRECK you, but people can ohko it before it can attack thanks to a lack of speed. it also has less hp than emboar. i'm not really partial to either. its like they were built to be sweepers, but then got their speed stat surgically removed. for in-game, galvantula is better. Eelektross can take a hit better than Emboar anyday. But yes Galvantula is better. But to fix Eelektross' speed problem just Thunder Wave anything in your way.

Silent Conversation
4th August 2011, 1:17 AM
Eelektross seems like a pretty good Pokemon stat wise, but it doesn't have the best move pool. Plus, a dual type Pokemon always has an advantage over a single type Pokemon, which is why I agree that Galvantula is probably better (even though I've never used either)