PDA

View Full Version : Official Pokemon Discussion Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55]

Zhanton
11th September 2011, 11:49 AM
Well that's that cleared up then.

New topic for discussion: we get a Bug/Flying type Pokemon practically every generation. They are generally horrible competitively, with a small number of exceptions, due to their plethora of weaknesses and the fact that Stealth Rock kills them. However, there are several that can be pretty handy: early on in-game, Pokemon like Butterfree are helpful with spreading status; Masquerain and a few other Bug/Flying types got Quiver Dance and can use the move to varying degrees; Scyther's got a pretty decent attack stat and sees some use in competitive as well. What do you think are the best Bug/Flying types?

Drummerdude
11th September 2011, 2:11 PM
Yanmega. Not only does it have a cool design but I have messed up teams with it thanks to Speed Boost.

Will-powered Spriter
11th September 2011, 2:27 PM
Yanmega has two of the best abilities in the game and pretty good offensive capabilities. Only three pokemon resist Tinted Lens Bug Buzz, all of which are in higher tiers then Yanmega, and they take neutral from TL Air slash, as do most of the soundproof pokemon. It's a monster.

Scyther's got the same attack stat as Scizor, can wield a eviolite, has access to a healing move and thank's to technician has an always hit move equal in power to aura sphere and one of the strongest bug moves at it's disposal as well.

Ninjask isn't as useful as people think, but it's still a great baton passer.

Other bug/flying types just aren't that good. Defensively it's a terrible combination, and as for Quiver dance and status spreading, they're all pretty much outclassed by Venomoth (although special mention goes to Masquerain who has Water and Ice type attacks to differentiate him from Venomoth, he still does the same thing and Venomoth is better).

So:
Yanmega is a monster.
Scyther is pretty cool.
Ninjask is alright, but will be totally redundant if female DW torchic ever turns up.
Butterfree, Beautifly and Mothim are outclassed by Venomoth.
Masquerain is unique and cool, but still basically outclassed by Venomoth.
Vespiquen is outclassed by Scyther.
Ledian is outclassed by everything capable of movement, and somethings that aren't.

Grey Wind
11th September 2011, 7:49 PM
I would say either Scyther or Yanmega.

Scyther has great Attack, and the same Base Stat Total as Scizor if I'm not mistaken. Eviolite also helps him out. Technician is also a great ability to abuse, and it has the moveset to use it efficiently.

Yanmega has good Sp. Attack, and great abilities. Speed Boost is amazing. Tinted Lens is great combined with Bug Buzz. He also has Air Slash for damage and possible flinching.

Other ones aren't as good. Butterfree, Ledian, Beautifly; none of them do well. They work well as a fully-evolved Pokemon ealry in-game, but after the second Gym or so they usually fall out of use. Butterfree has gotten a little better now that it has Quiver Dance, but it's still not great by any means.

Shine
12th September 2011, 12:31 PM
One massive problem with the Bug/Flying type is how hard it is for most of them to get decent STAB moves.

Sure there are Aerial Ace and Acrobatics, but most of the Bug/Flying Pokemon are special-based, or can't even learn AA/Acro.

The Bug STAB? Signal Beam/Silver Wind requires breeding/tutor/transfer from 4th gen most of the time, and no one is going to bother with Struggle Bug.

RaichuArcanine
12th September 2011, 12:38 PM
Well, I love Ninjask. Fast and a powerful attacker. Also gets access to night slash, swords dance, bug bite, aerial ace and of course, speed boost. =)

~RaichuArcanine~

Đew™
12th September 2011, 3:21 PM
Just because yanmega and scyther have been said...vespiquen impressed me in-game in the 4th gen. Pressure, defense order, and heal order were annoying when aaron used it in the E4. Attack order is beast.

Will-powered Spriter
12th September 2011, 4:24 PM
One massive problem with the Bug/Flying type is how hard it is for most of them to get decent STAB moves.

Sure there are Aerial Ace and Acrobatics, but most of the Bug/Flying Pokemon are special-based, or can't even learn AA/Acro.

The Bug STAB? Signal Beam/Silver Wind requires breeding/tutor/transfer from 4th gen most of the time, and no one is going to bother with Struggle Bug.

Actually, almost all Bug/Flying Pokemon learn Bug Buzz by level up, so Special Bug STAB is covered. The only exceptions are Scyther (egg move), Ninjask (egg move) and Vespiquen (doesn't learn), and out of those only Vespiquen would want to use it anyway.

Flying is a problem though. Some of them get Air Slash, but most are stuck with gust.

And the physical moves are still a problem. X-scissor isn't actually that strong, and few of them learn it anyway. Mothim, whose attack stat is actually higher then Ninjask's, is stuck with Bug Bite as his strongest bug move. Only Scyther and to an extent, Vespiquen, have any decent physical STAB at all.

TheEpicGoomba
12th September 2011, 4:28 PM
Scyther and Yanmega for sure.

Scyther was a massive powerhouse on my Pokemon HeartGold Team. Whilst Yanmega is an amazing Special Attacker.

Vespiquen surprised me alot. She was one of the strongest members on my Team. It was definatly worth all the trouble to go get a Combee.

ShuckleShuckle
12th September 2011, 5:23 PM
I spend a load of time on PO experimenting with teams from RU and NU tiers, call me a hipster but I don't enjoy using Pokes in the OU and Uber. However I have baten several people in those tiers with a full NU team.

Can you peeps think of any pokes that are too powerful for the lower tiers??

Aurath8
12th September 2011, 6:28 PM
Can you peeps think of any pokes that are too powerful for the lower tiers??

Almost every pokemon in OU and BL? I say almost because some things like Gastrodon have specific niches in OU. With all the Grass types running around in UU it wouldn't survive very well.

Shine
13th September 2011, 2:05 AM
Well, I love Ninjask. Fast and a powerful attacker. Also gets access to night slash, swords dance, bug bite, aerial ace and of course, speed boost. =)

~RaichuArcanine~

why would you use Bug Bite when it does not gets access to Technician AND it has access to the better X-Scissor?

Actually, almost all Bug/Flying Pokemon learn Bug Buzz by level up, so Special Bug STAB is covered. The only exceptions are Scyther (egg move), Ninjask (egg move) and Vespiquen (doesn't learn), and out of those only Vespiquen would want to use it anyway.

note how I only mentioned Silver Wind & Signal Beam.
Yeah, I somehow forgot Bug Buzz exist, so sorry about that :p

Flying is a problem though. Some of them get Air Slash, but most are stuck with gust.

Some of them also gets Air Cutter, but that requires 4th Gen tutor.

And the physical moves are still a problem. X-scissor isn't actually that strong, and few of them learn it anyway. Mothim, whose attack stat is actually higher then Ninjask's, is stuck with Bug Bite as his strongest bug move. Only Scyther and to an extent, Vespiquen, have any decent physical STAB at all.

X-Scissor has 80 base power, that's quite good in my opinion.

And yeah physical Bug STAB is a problem for many of them, though like I said, many of them are special-based anyway. Also, both Mothim and Vespiqueen can be made into a special attacker.

I wonder why you said "to an extent" there, it implies Vespiquen's STAB is less good than Scyther though not by many. Attack Order has 90 base power, 10 more than X-Scissor.....Also, I would say it's Heracross & Vespiqueen. Hera has Megahorn, Scyther only has X-Scissor and Bug Bite, with Bug Bite requiring Technician, and even then it still has less base power than Megahorn.

Will-powered Spriter
13th September 2011, 9:33 AM
Some of them also gets Air Cutter, but that requires 4th Gen tutor.

Air Cutter really isn't worth buying.

X-Scissor has 80 base power, that's quite good in my opinion.

Oh, I thought it was 70. Never mind.

I wonder why you said "to an extent" there, it implies Vespiquen's STAB is less good than Scyther though not by many. Attack Order has 90 base power, 10 more than X-Scissor.....Also, I would say it's Heracross & Vespiqueen. Hera has Megahorn, Scyther only has X-Scissor and Bug Bite, with Bug Bite requiring Technician, and even then it still has less base power than Megahorn.

I'm not just talking about one move though. (Also Heracross isn't bug/flying, otherwise, obviously he's much better).

Scyther has technician Bug Bite (if from Gen IV) and Technician Aerial Ace, so it has two 90 base STAB moves. Scyther always goes physical, so it doesn't need special stab, but it still has Bug Buzz and Airslash anyway.

Vespiquen ONLY has Attack Order, it doesn't get any particularly good flying stab. Also, Vespiquen's stats are equal, so it might want to try a special set, but gust and struggle bug are the only special stab moves it can learn without Gen IV, and even then it's options are limited.

So Scyther has 80/90/90/75 without Gen IV, and 90/90/90/75 with Gen IV.
Vespiquen has 90/60/40/30 without Gen IV, and 90/60/75/55 with Gen IV.

wearjo
13th September 2011, 2:58 PM
I'm not really sure where I should put this but anyway... in Australia, there is the Snarl zoroark event, I'm planning on going on saturday with white and black in hand... because it's available in Toys 'r' us and EB games, will I be able to get 4 copies of the snarl zoroark (2 each game) or not???

Please VM me the reply because I'll very likely be forgetting that i posted this :/

Shine
13th September 2011, 3:55 PM
I'm not just talking about one move though. (Also Heracross isn't bug/flying, otherwise, obviously he's much better).

stupid me forgetting we were talking about Bug/Flying only :p

and Air Cutter is worth getting IMO, but only for 3 Pokemon.
Ledian, Butterfree, and Beautifly, all three are special-based Bug/Flying whose only special Flying STAB other than Gust is Air Cutter.

LexSuicune
13th September 2011, 11:58 PM
I loved using Butterfree on the Kantoh games, the early Psychic moves were a nice addition.

ViperQueen
15th September 2011, 1:21 AM
I had a question about egg moves, but wasn't sure where to put it so ill ask it here lol

Would having a for example a baby squirtle with icebeam or a charmander with flamethrower be considered egg moves? I ask this because you can easy just teach the following pokemon the tm moves after they hatch.

BCVM22
15th September 2011, 1:27 AM
Sort of subjective, really. They are "egg moves" in the sense that they were passed down from a parent, but they aren't truly egg moves in the literal sense because they can be learned by means other than breeding, and relatively easy means at that.

Perhaps there's a term for the latter that I don't know, but otherwise, it's a matter of opinion

jolteon135
15th September 2011, 1:27 AM
I had a question about egg moves, but wasn't sure where to put it so ill ask it here lol

Would having a for example a baby squirtle with icebeam or a charmander with flamethrower be considered egg moves? I ask this because you can easy just teach the following pokemon the tm moves after they hatch.

Look at the serebii pokedex. It lists the egg moves for each Pokemon. For example, scroll down and you'll see squirtle's egg moves (http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/007.shtml).

Ice beam is not an egg move for Squirtle.

Terra Force
15th September 2011, 5:48 AM
I'd say my avatar says it all about fav bug.

Arceus94
15th September 2011, 4:16 PM
the akward moment when you realise your team lack a flyer... xD
Had to walk ALL THE WAY to Nimbasa city from Icirus city.
It was winter, so no Tranquils where to catch either
xD

Anyways..in my opinion, Scyther is way cooler than Scizor.
Also: Yanmega have been a beast ever since I got mine n__n

It sucks how they lack decent STAB moves. (In some cases. Like Ledian)
Another bad thing is the 4x weakness to Stealth Rock.

warrior777
16th September 2011, 7:16 AM
I don't understand Alomomola. It looks EXACTLY like what an evolution of Luvdic would be- heart shaped and pink. It don't understand why it's not. o-o

BCVM22
16th September 2011, 7:28 AM
It's not because it isn't.

It's basically that simple, that they wanted a disconnect between the critters of Unova and the rest of the regions, hence the region yielding only new Pokémon at the outset, hence no new evolutions and hence new Pokémon filling the niches - cave-dwellers, fish, fighters, etc. - that might have in the past been filled by Zubat and Geodude and Goldeen and the like.

OshyHikari
16th September 2011, 9:28 AM

It's basically that simple, that they wanted a disconnect between the critters of Unova and the rest of the regions, hence the region yielding only new Pokémon at the outset, hence no new evolutions and hence new Pokémon filling the niches - cave-dwellers, fish, fighters, etc. - that might have in the past been filled by Zubat and Geodude and Goldeen and the like.

BCVM22 is right, Unova is distant from Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh therefore no new evolutions for past Pokemon. And Alomomola does not even look similar to Luvdisc.

Unova is based on America in comparison to the other regions being based on Japan.

Zhanton
16th September 2011, 12:24 PM
And Alomomola does not even look similar to Luvdisc.
Um.

Ah, it seems that I forgot a rather strong Bug/Flying type in my last post: Yanmega. I completely forgot about it, and in all honesty I never actually realised it could be so powerful as many of you have said. I personally think that, out of the Bug/Flying types that are severely outclassed (Butterfree, Beautifly, Ledian...) Ledian is the one that is most deserving of some sort of boost. Tail Glow would be pretty neat on it.

The Eleventh
16th September 2011, 5:29 PM
And Alomomola does not even look similar to Luvdisc.
u srs?

http://i.imgur.com/gyCnd.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/9QbPF.png

Arceus94
16th September 2011, 6:30 PM
It's like... a heart-shaped fishy with HANDS on the top and bottom if its body.
Also, the cries in-game are quite similiar. And they both SUCK o,o

Gelatini Jejunator
16th September 2011, 6:49 PM
I don't understand Alomomola. It looks EXACTLY like what an evolution of Luvdic would be- heart shaped and pink. It don't understand why it's not. o-o
Now you hopefully understand. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divergent_evolution)

"A good example of divergent evolution is Darwin's finches, which now have over 80 varieties which all diverged from one original species of finch. (John Barnes)Another example of divergent evolution are the organisms having the 5 digit pentadactyle limbs like the humans, bats, and whales. They have evolved from a common ancestor but today they are different due to environmental pressures"

Or re-worded.

"A good example of divergent evolution in Pokemon is Luvdisc and Alomomola, two different heart fish which both diverged from one original species of heart fish. Another example of divergent evolution is Pachirisu and Emolga. They have evolved from a common ancestor but today they are different due to environmental pressures."

Grey Wind
16th September 2011, 7:47 PM
And Alomomola does not even look similar to Luvdisc
UHH.

Ledian is the one that is most deserving of some sort of boost. Tail Glow would be pretty neat on it.
Ledian doesn't get Tail Glow. Wow. I mean, it's pretty much a glowing Pokemon :|

The Eleventh
16th September 2011, 7:48 PM
Ledian doesn't get Tail Glow. Wow. I mean, it's pretty much a glowing Pokemon :|
Ampharos doesn't get Tail Glow. Ampharos!!!

Will-powered Spriter
16th September 2011, 8:31 PM
Ampharos doesn't get Tail Glow. Ampharos!!!

Tail Glow's japanese name is Firefly Light, explaining why Ampharos get's it and sort of why Manaphy does. Although, with that in mind, Ledian does fit.

However Ledian sucks and badly. Even a 3+ boost would do little to salvage it. And it would likely be an egg move so my precious shiny Ledian couldn't learn it.

On the Luvdisc/Alomomola topic, do note that despite their similar appearence, they're based of drastically different fish.

Zhanton
22nd September 2011, 10:23 AM
However Ledian sucks and badly. Even a 3+ boost would do little to salvage it.

Fair enough, although Tail Glow would give it an edge over it's fellow Bug/Flying brethren and possibly some usage in the lower tiers.

Since I seem to be the one who revives these threads as of late, next topic: which Normal type rodent (Raticate, Furret, Linoone, Bibarel, Watchog) do you find to be the best?

I used Furret in my HeartGold run-through and it was pretty powerful, especially with that rather high speed. Bibarel's different in the fact that it's part Water type, and it makes for a great HM slave :P I haven't used Linoone or Watchog, although Watchog does have access to moves like Hypnosis and Crunch early on so it might be useful in that sense. I love Raticate, and Rattata for that manner /inb4 'top percentage but all in all my favourite of the Noraml-type rodents has to be Furret. I'd go as far to say that it's one of my favourite Pokemon.

Pinkle
22nd September 2011, 11:41 AM
Had to walk ALL THE WAY to Nimbasa city from Icirus city.
It was winter, so no Tranquils where to catch either
xD

I had a similar problem, I had just defeated the 7th Gym and I had to go to do the relic castle. I managed to catch a Tranquill though, phew!

DasBoot
22nd September 2011, 7:12 PM
Fair enough, although Tail Glow would give it an edge over it's fellow Bug/Flying brethren and possibly some usage in the lower tiers.

Tail Glow would give it some advantages, but it would barely get used in even RU or NU due to it being a horrible remake of Celebi in a sense.

And switching it in at a right time is kind of hard of you let a SR get set up.

But I'm not going to disagree with the fact that Ledian could be in the lower tiers.

Just a thought but..

Ledian@Bug Gem
252 Sp. Atk/100 Sp. Def/152 Spd./4 HP
Swarm
-Tail Glow
-Bug Buzz
-Air Cutter/Hidden Power (Fighting)
-Giga Drain

The Eleventh
22nd September 2011, 7:25 PM
Tail Glow's japanese name is Firefly Light, explaining why Ampharos get's it and sort of why Manaphy does. Although, with that in mind, Ledian does fit.
Neither the English name nor the Japanese one explains why Manaphy gets it, as it does not have a tail, nor is it a firefly. It was obviously made to be Volbeat's signature move, but the developers decided to give it to Manaphy without caring about the name. Still, it's viable for Ledian to learn the move.

As for the current topic, my favourite rodent is Watchog. Bibarel's the most useful, definitely, but Watchog's the one I prefer in terms of aesthetics. Linoone's also quite good, and as for Raticate and Furret, I don't like them that much, especially the former.

CaptainCombusken
22nd September 2011, 8:07 PM
On the rodent question:

Rattata is the only one so far that I've actually used fully in a playthrough, and I quite like it. But design-wise and for the fact that it has a second type, Bibarel.

Đew™
23rd September 2011, 2:44 AM
I like excadrill as the best rodent. It's the most powerful and possibly the only rodent to ever get banned from Smogon if it does happen.

Rhapsody
23rd September 2011, 2:48 AM
My favorite rodent...maybe Linoone? I'm not very sure

DasBoot
23rd September 2011, 3:16 AM
Linoone is my most favorite. Best fox/furet/squirrel thing I've even seen.

Paradoxe
23rd September 2011, 3:49 AM

Every. Single. Time.

Golly, you sure are smart BCVM22.

RaichuArcanine
23rd September 2011, 12:25 PM
Furret is awesome. I just love it to bits! =)

~RaichuArcanine~

LonesomeDiamond
24th September 2011, 12:19 AM
Linoone is my most favorite. Best fox/furet/squirrel thing I've even seen.
I believe it's a badger, although I've never heard anyone else say so. Just looks like one.

Anyway, Bibarel is my favorite Rodent. Water Typing and a design I legitimately like...yeah.

Jinglefruit
24th September 2011, 2:05 AM
I was just browsing my pokedex wanting to train an ice type when I discover...

Beartic doesn't have a beard, it's eating a Vanilluxe. O:

Though you've got to admire it's skills at eating ice-cream hands-free.

Zhanton
1st October 2011, 7:47 AM
I like excadrill as the best rodent. It's the most powerful and possibly the only rodent to ever get banned from Smogon if it does happen.

Uhhhhh. Seems like someone didn't read my post.

Neither the English name nor the Japanese one explains why Manaphy gets it, as it does not have a tail, nor is it a firefly. It was obviously made to be Volbeat's signature move, but the developers decided to give it to Manaphy without caring about the name. Still, it's viable for Ledian to learn the move.
I guess it was just something given to Manaphy so it's actually powerful, because without it it wouldn't really be very powerful, would it? I'm not sure. :S

Anyways, since it seems that I am the official saving-this-thread-from-dying person, I'm here with yet another new topic.

What are your thoughts on the typical Normal/Flying Pokemon we encounter early on our journeys?

Alot of people have expressed distaste at the generic bird Pokemon that are commonly found on the first or second route of a region. Lots of people would like to see different types appearing early on, and so far the only bird Pokemon to do that has been Wingull iirc. Nonetheless I'm a big fan of the generic birds that we encounter at the beginning. I feel that they're pretty handy to have on the team and can become a real powerhouse, depending on the bird.

I remember Pidgeot was a powerhouse in my team in Blue and in Crystal. I used Noctowl in HG and I was fairly impressed with it, especially since it has access to Hypnosis and a few other Psychic type attacks to differentiate it from its fellow feathered brethren. I've never used Swellow, although apparently it's quite good in the competitive scene with Guts and a Toxic Orb. I was also one of the few to not use Staraptor in DPPt - sure, it's powerful, but I just never liked its appearance, hahaha. Unfezant suffers from a horrendous movepool which really doesn't seem to match up with its stats, which is a shame.

Dragontamer1011
1st October 2011, 8:42 PM
What are your thoughts on the typical Normal/Flying Pokemon we encounter early on our journeys?

Alot of people have expressed distaste at the generic bird Pokemon that are commonly found on the first or second route of a region. Lots of people would like to see different types appearing early on, and so far the only bird Pokemon to do that has been Wingull iirc. Nonetheless I'm a big fan of the generic birds that we encounter at the beginning. I feel that they're pretty handy to have on the team and can become a real powerhouse, depending on the bird.

I remember Pidgeot was a powerhouse in my team in Blue and in Crystal. I used Noctowl in HG and I was fairly impressed with it, especially since it has access to Hypnosis and a few other Psychic type attacks to differentiate it from its fellow feathered brethren. I've never used Swellow, although apparently it's quite good in the competitive scene with Guts and a Toxic Orb. I was also one of the few to not use Staraptor in DPPt - sure, it's powerful, but I just never liked its appearance, hahaha. Unfezant suffers from a horrendous movepool which really doesn't seem to match up with its stats, which is a shame.

I really am quite tired of all the Generic Flying/Normal types as it is and its even worse that your practically required to raise one at the beginning of most games. With the release of B/W we saw two new ones and one being on the starting routes, its really annoying. As Normal does not benefit flying at all, I wish they'd be more varied in their typings with them. Braviary should have been Fighting/Flying, a type we haven't had yet.

Đew™
3rd October 2011, 1:53 PM
Uhhhhh. Seems like someone didn't read my post.

I guess it was just something given to Manaphy so it's actually powerful, because without it it wouldn't really be very powerful, would it? I'm not sure. :S

Anyways, since it seems that I am the official saving-this-thread-from-dying person, I'm here with yet another new topic.

Nope, didn't read it. I come here so little nowadays...

Staraptor and swellow have impressed me. Unfezant needs brave bird oh so badly, as does pidgeot. Noctowl...hasn't impressed me a bit.

XXD17
4th October 2011, 8:19 AM
It's like... a heart-shaped fishy with HANDS on the top and bottom if its body.
Also, the cries in-game are quite similiar. And they both SUCK o,o

Alomomola does not suck...it can physically wall like crazy...sure it's not OU material with thundurus running around but it does NOT suck...

for starters, drilbur isn't a regional mammal, that would be patrat...also, moles aren't rodents, they are insectivores just like shrews and hedgehogs...

Đew™
4th October 2011, 9:03 AM
Alomomola does not suck...it can physically wall like crazy...sure it's not OU material with thundurus running around but it does NOT suck...

for starters, drilbur isn't a regional mammal, that would be patrat...also, moles aren't rodents, they are insectivores just like shrews and hedgehogs...

Ok, ok, I just saw favorite rodent and so that's what I typed about, plz forgive me. (I'd like the Derp of the Week for that one.) I thought it was a rodent due to similarities, oh well.

Ok, then scratch what I said. I hate bibarel, furret, and watchog since they haven't impressed me, I like linoone for switcharoo, and I like raticates...hyper fang, super fang, and speed *shudders*.

manifesto
5th October 2011, 5:56 PM
My favorite regional rodent has to be Linoone. It seems to have a base in the Badger, but since it happens to be the regional regular normal type, it counts. It's got nice speed, a good design, a nifty ability and I find some use in it during my playthroughs. I like it best out of the rest of them.

MetalFlygon08
5th October 2011, 8:57 PM
Linoone also has an ExtremeSpeed and Belly Drum combo that can partner with SUbstitute, Shadow Claw, and a some pinch Berry.

Will-powered Spriter
5th October 2011, 9:07 PM
Linoone also has an ExtremeSpeed and Belly Drum combo that can partner with SUbstitute, Shadow Claw, and a some pinch Berry.

Yeah, I have one of them.

Too bad only miyamoto has any pinch berries in 5th gen and no-one else can have any.

rocky505
5th October 2011, 10:19 PM
Nope, didn't read it. I come here so little nowadays...

Staraptor and swellow have impressed me. Unfezant needs brave bird oh so badly, as does pidgeot. Noctowl...hasn't impressed me a bit. Pidgeot already gets Brave Bird.

Larry
5th October 2011, 10:22 PM
I used an Unfezant on my team and it struggled to keep up in levels.

rocky505
5th October 2011, 10:41 PM
I bred a pidove with Steel wing to use on my unevolved run and it is doing okay for now. With steel wing I like the line a little better but they do need more moves like brave bird, I would say close combat but that would be a little too much.

XXD17
5th October 2011, 10:43 PM
For people who think unfezant is unimpressive, it's actually pretty good considering it is bulkier than the other birds save noctowl and can be quiet fast with the right nature and it gets sky attack so when coupled with power herb it can be a good lead-in pokemon or a scout since it also get u-turn...

Larry
5th October 2011, 10:45 PM
For people who think unfezant is unimpressive, it's actually pretty good considering it is bulkier than the other birds save noctowl and can be quiet fast with the right nature and it gets sky attack so when coupled with power herb it can be a good lead-in pokemon or a scout since it also get u-turn...

It wasn't unimpressive during the majority of the game as it was during the E4.

Alexander18
7th October 2011, 12:24 AM
Out all, I like Kyurem as it is a Dragon/Ice and is part of the energy trio, however I like to see a much better form of it in the near future.

lostboy
10th October 2011, 7:34 PM
Don't know if anyone is into this but the 2011 pokemon tournaments have been rather unepic imo when it comes to teams. Most everyone used the same 5th gen pokes like Thundurus, Volcarona, Musketeer trio etc. Some people's teams were creative but otherwise predictably unimaginative.

Larry
10th October 2011, 7:35 PM
Don't know if anyone is into this but the 2011 pokemon tournaments have been rather unepic imo when it comes to teams. Most everyone used the same 5th gen pokes like Thundurus, Volcarona, Musketeer trio etc. Some people's teams were creative but otherwise predictably unimaginative.

They are playing to win.

lostboy
10th October 2011, 7:41 PM
They are playing to win.
True but I've seen the typical teams (all-out attackers) get taken out by teams with walls like Ferrothorn and Jellicent which I haven't seen around much. It's quite cool to see true strategical players beat the predictable players.

Grey Wind
10th October 2011, 8:10 PM

I do get quite tired of all the Normal/Flying types. I rarely use the regional birds, since they're usually not very good. Honchkrow and Braviary were much better in my opinion. I sort of wish they didn't give Braviary that typing though; there's enough Pokemon with it already.

Pidgeotto is probably my least favourite, design-wise. Never used one, but it just doesn't appeal to me.

I used Noctowl in SoulSilver, and it was alright. It had good Special Defense, taking a lot of hits from Lugia. It's Psychic attacks were useful too. Aside from that, it wasn't that good, especially later on.

I used Swellow all through Sapphire, and I loved it. Great design, and good Attack and Speed. It's movepool was quite limiting though. Right now, I gave it a Flame Orb, and taught it Facade. After it gets Burned, Guts kicks in, and Facade lets it rape everything.

I used Staraptor for a while in Diamond, before getting Honchkrow, and in Platinum. It has a badass design, and good Attack. Close Combat was a help too.

I never used Unfezant, since it has literally zero coverage, and I preferred Braviary much better. It's design is alright though. Hopefully Move Tutors will help it.

The Eleventh
10th October 2011, 8:25 PM
True but I've seen the typical teams (all-out attackers) get taken out by teams with walls like Ferrothorn and Jellicent which I haven't seen around much. It's quite cool to see true strategical players beat the predictable players.
I don't know what to say to this.

Floette
10th October 2011, 8:25 PM
I love the sprites for Stunfisk, Cincinno, Emolga, Druddigon, and Leavanny.
Stunfisk's typing is quite beast, however stats and movepool don't favor it. Cincinno is absolutely fantastic in appearance, moves, ability, and type to be honest. (love them normals) Emolga is amazing in the looks department, stats are lacking, but I use it because its still pretty beast. Druddigon looks fantastic but I am kind of upset about his use in battle. Leavanny would be great except for the 4x weaknesses it has

yanmegy423
11th October 2011, 10:29 AM
My favourite sprite would have to be for the Vanillite->Vanillish->Vanilluxe chain.

Vanillite is so adorable and looks cute when it blows out that ice from its mouth
Vanillish kinda looks like Vanillite through puberty
Vanilluxe looked awesome to me, and its faces were comical and fun to look at.

Not to mention Vanilluxe is a total beast with mirror coat. Took out all of grimsley's team with that move and its ice beam.

razorrozar7
12th October 2011, 7:51 AM
As far as sprites go I have to say Gothita line. So adorable.

Thoaee
13th October 2011, 4:15 PM
Heya,
I was wondering if training a pokemon will have effect on the babies it can get?
I have a DW Mareep now, and I was wondering if I were to take it along in my team(and thus raise it's level and evolve it to Ampharos :181: <3) would change what it's younglings would be like, stat wise etc?
It's more a general breeding question I know, but It's for my Pokémon White game.

Đew™
13th October 2011, 6:03 PM
Heya,
I was wondering if training a pokemon will have effect on the babies it can get?
I have a DW Mareep now, and I was wondering if I were to take it along in my team(and thus raise it's level and evolve it to Ampharos :181: <3) would change what it's younglings would be like, stat wise etc?
It's more a general breeding question I know, but It's for my Pokémon White game.

IVs are set from the time the egg hatches. The only things that will change is the offspring's movepool since there are parents, when fully evolved, who learn egg moves by level up; and the IVs due to the other parent, who will, like the other, pass on 3 random IVs to the offspring. So, yes, stats can be changed via breeding.

Thoaee
13th October 2011, 6:51 PM
I see, Thanks :)
I understand why people want those high-iv dittos as well now :P

Đew™
24th October 2011, 7:06 PM
Mk no posts since...last sunday. Time to revitalize this thread...

With halloween coming in a week from today...what is everyone's favorite "spooky" pokemon?

For me...well, this being a gen 5 thread...I'd say cofagrigus, but since it's next week's PotW...I have to say mandibuzz. Why is it creepy? It's a vulture that has a few bones on her body. Otherwise...mandibuzz is becoming one of my favorite troll pokes, toxistalling in RU like a baws. Idc if there is a better toxistaller there, i like it a lot due to the success it has given me.

XXD17
24th October 2011, 8:35 PM
favorite BW sprite goes to serperior...or snivy....

fovorite spooky poke has got to be chandelure...the shiny one...

LexSuicune
24th October 2011, 8:37 PM
I have to say Dusknoir.

To KNOW there's a black hole that will engulf your body and soul into its inner dimension inside of his stomach mouth is terrifying.

riolu424
25th October 2011, 1:05 AM
My favorite "creepy" looking Pokemon for the 5th gen would have to be Elektross.

Adrexus
25th October 2011, 1:53 AM
Creepy looking pokemon this gen? I never thought any pokemon was particularly creepy except for Raticate's pokemon yellow sprite. Although, Cofagrigus is a bit creepy what with it being a mummy and all. Chandelure too I guess, just because its the best halloween pokemon we have so far and that dex entry about it burning your soul up.

Đew™
26th October 2011, 11:55 AM
Creepy looking pokemon this gen? I never thought any pokemon was particularly creepy except for Raticate's pokemon yellow sprite. Although, Cofagrigus is a bit creepy what with it being a mummy and all. Chandelure too I guess, just because its the best halloween pokemon we have so far and that dex entry about it burning your soul up.

I saw somewhere that it got voted to have the creepiest pokedex entry ever or something...or at least one of the creepiest.

LexSuicune
26th October 2011, 8:19 PM
I actually quite like Chandelure's entry, reminds me of the Ignuus Fatus.

2rsa
26th October 2011, 10:35 PM
Hey guys
does anybody here know what kind of pokemon with the move charge the guy in oplucid city wants?
I tried a traded pokemon from pokemon white since i have black but it failed.
I tried a DW pokemon but that failed too.
what does he mean with a pokemon from another world?

Aurath8
27th October 2011, 12:46 AM
I tried a traded pokemon from pokemon white since i have black but it failed.
According to Bulbapedia, a pokemon from the opposite version and Charge will work. Maybe it was originally caught in a Black version or a game from an earlier version.

Zhanton
28th October 2011, 12:56 PM
Creepiest Pokemon? Hm, I must admit that Drifloon and/or Drifblim have some rather...distrubing Pokedex entries, and they are quite creepy yet strangely adorable.

2rsa
28th October 2011, 1:15 PM
According to Bulbapedia, a pokemon from the opposite version and Charge will work. Maybe it was originally caught in a Black version or a game from an earlier version.
Hm actually it was my own pokemon from white version.(I have both)

Rarity
28th October 2011, 2:11 PM
I think my top 3 pokemon that i consider as the 'creepiest' pokes would have to be Cofagrigus, Gothitelle, anddd Chandelure

2rsa
28th October 2011, 2:49 PM
I think my top 3 pokemon that i consider as the 'creepiest' pokes would have to be Cofagrigus, Gothitelle, anddd Chandelure
The thought that the chandelure family sucks life energy out of people is indeed really scary.:D

Qmaz246
28th October 2011, 2:51 PM
I would think that Sablye would make that list, but everybody has a different perspective.

rocky505
28th October 2011, 2:52 PM
jellicent is the scariest to me. Read it's dex entry.

Aurath8
28th October 2011, 10:57 PM

I just realised that it's cry sounds like someone drowning...

2rsa
28th October 2011, 11:33 PM
Its pokemon black entry is awesome.XD

Grey Wind
31st October 2011, 5:46 PM
For creepiest Pokemon, I'd say Gothitelle. It looks bizarre, and it's cry is freaky.

Jellicent and Cofagrigus also have scary dex entries.

manifesto
31st October 2011, 6:23 PM
For creepiest Pokemon, I'd say Gothitelle. It looks bizarre, and it's cry is freaky.

Jellicent and Cofagrigus also have scary dex entries.

I think that at this point any of the 5th gen ghosts have broken into the creepy realm and wish to stay for life. Lampent bugs me the most though.

Grey Wind
31st October 2011, 6:51 PM
I think that at this point any of the 5th gen ghosts have broken into the creepy realm and wish to stay for life. Lampent bugs me the most though.
Yeah, a lot of the 5th Gen Ghosts have creepy dex entries. The Litwick line especially, I had forgotten about that.

Đew™
31st October 2011, 7:04 PM
Happy halloween, and great topic if I do say so myself.

Most of the ghosts have had creepy dex entries. Mis-line is the one I have to give the cake to for their sinister, evil entries (misdreavus, mismagius). Idr exactly what they say, i just remember thinking they were evil...

And, eh, I kinda have say that DW sableye and murkrow must come from the nightmare world cuz they are just too evil and troll pokes too...ugh...

Qmaz246
31st October 2011, 7:05 PM
And Gengar eats peoples Dreams, whats scarier then that?

Grey Wind
31st October 2011, 8:48 PM
And Gengar eats peoples Dreams,
Plenty of Pokemon do.

whats scarier then that?
WELL

-Having a cry like someone drowning
-Seeing your trainer's lifespan
-Stealing your trainer's life force
-Having your face from when you were alive fashioned in gold and carrying it around
-Turning people into mummies
-Garbodor
-Dragging people to the sea floor
-Burning someone's spirit.

Mark_Chaos
1st November 2011, 4:30 AM
Plenty of Pokemon do.

WELL

-Having your face from when you were alive fashioned in gold and carrying it around
-Garbodor

And that's why I used a Gothitelle during my pre-post-game team...

SasakiThePikachu
1st November 2011, 3:03 PM
WELL

-Garbodor

Lol that you don't even have to explain Garbador - just its very existence makes the list!

I do find it Chandelure's dex entry a bit...well, impractical. What if its trainer accidentally touches the flames? What about Nurse Joy having to touch it when she heals it? Or does it only burn out the souls of people it doesn't like?

Ltrainer
2nd November 2011, 8:32 PM
I think Keldeo and another new Pokemon will be revealed soon!

http://pokemonblackandwhite.net/?p=6606

Livinitup17
2nd November 2011, 8:37 PM

http://pokemonblackandwhite.net/?p=6606

i think they'll release one of the new pokemon son and won't reveal the rest till next year like they did with areas and darkrai and etc

BCVM22
2nd November 2011, 8:59 PM

Quite a bit early for an actual "new" Pokémon.

Hamon_Warrior
2nd November 2011, 10:22 PM
Plenty of Pokemon do.

WELL

-Garbodor

Yeah well... Gengar was the only ghost that existed in Red/Green. xD

Anyway...the Gothita line makes you think they would be ghost from the entry, it sounds a lot like the Shinigami in Death Note.

Dragging to a watery grave doesn't much different from what Dusknoir or maybe Drifblim/Drifloon do... (Doesn't the latter carry children off? That could get very ugly! But I guess that's only a possibility that they fell.)

I really once thought Shedinja would be the only one to really fear... (Little knave strongly reminds me of a stand in JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Diamond is Unbreakable...)

BTW Golurk doesn't seem scary like the others does he? All he seems to do is fly around & stuff.

Qmaz246
3rd November 2011, 7:21 PM
Quite a bit early for an actual "new" Pokémon.

I don't think they were even released in Japan yet.

Guardianofthesea
3rd November 2011, 7:29 PM
Hydreigon is a ripoff Pokemon. It evolves at an exceedingly high level and can be defeated easily by a Dragonite. I wish GF can get better ideas or AT LEAST fix up Hydreigon in the inevitable third game!

BCVM22
3rd November 2011, 9:26 PM
But... what part of that makes Hydreigon a "ripoff"? And what exactly do you think they'll change for the third game? They're not going to change its evolution levels.

As for being able to be defeated by a Dragonite, well, yeah, that's how it works. In a battle of two equally strong Dragon-types, the winner is basically whichever of the two can get a strong Dragon attack off first. You could replace Dragonite and Hydreigon with any of the other Dragon-types and it would be the same story.

Hydreigon is difficult to raise, no doubt, but it's worth the time and effort. There's nothing wrong with it - if you don't like it, don't use it.

Ltrainer
5th November 2011, 7:40 AM
There's a picture of the new Pokemon figures with the two Pokemon shadows...

http://pokemonblackandwhite.net/?p=6648

FusionKT
5th November 2011, 10:45 AM
probably new forms

The Eleventh
5th November 2011, 12:46 PM
Kyurem doesn't look too bad standing up. I can picture its stronger forme now. I'd say the two hidden ones are Kyurem's inevitable new forme and Keldeo.

Speaking of formes, what's your stance on them? I dislike having too many, and would even prefer to have none.

RegiGuy
5th November 2011, 4:46 PM
I like 5th gen Pokemon.

yanmegy423
7th November 2011, 7:55 AM
I'd like to see how they introduce new forms into the game. I hope they do it well like in Platinum w/ Distortion World. Maybe a Frozen World? Maybe the musketeer/kami trio will help you out :D

staroceandc
10th November 2011, 2:45 PM
Ok I have read a few places that the new sleep in the 5th gen is weirder then the old one but I have yet to find out why? Can someone clear this up for me?

Aurath8
10th November 2011, 8:30 PM
Ok I have read a few places that the new sleep in the 5th gen is weirder then the old one but I have yet to find out why? Can someone clear this up for me?

Previously a sleeping pokemon slept for a certain amount of turns and that counter would stay even if you switched out. For example: If you used Rest, switched out next turn and later switched in then you would wake up the next turn.
Now in the 5th Gen the Sleep Counter resets every time you switch out. So If you use Rest and switch the next turn, you will still need to be sleeping 2 turns next time you switch-in.
It makes Sleep moves like Spore a lot more threatening and makes Rest+Sleep Talk a lot less viable.

e9310103838
12th November 2011, 9:59 AM
Thundurus and Tornadus will have new WiFi event.(Japanese)

Thundurus in Black and Tornadus in White.

The time is 12/16-1/10. :527:

The Eleventh
12th November 2011, 5:37 PM

I guess it's to promote the upcoming anime episodes. This will make RNGing the roamers so much easier, as long as they don't have a set nature.

Đew™
14th November 2011, 4:06 PM
I guess it's to promote the upcoming anime episodes. This will make RNGing the roamers so much easier, as long as they don't have a set nature.

Serebii did announce that they would be to promote said events.

Watch us in the US have to go to gamestop or toys r us to get them, too...

Alexander18
15th November 2011, 11:24 PM

I check the upcoming events on serebii and it said that Tornadus and Thundurus are Level 70.

wackahack45
19th November 2011, 3:02 PM
hey guys check out my profile page and be my friend ps. victini is beast

OnceUponATime
19th November 2011, 11:12 PM
When I first saw pictures of Emboar, Samurott, and Serperior before B&W came out, I thought they were fake. lol. I thought they were just pictures somebody had edited because I thought they looked like Dialga (Samurott), Rhyperior (Emboar), and Seviper or something (Serperior). XD

Alexander18
19th November 2011, 11:23 PM
They didn't bother to give Kyurem a Level 100 move, they just had learn moves up to level 92, and yet Reshiram and Zekrom have a move at level 100, poor Kyurem... it is apart of the trio and they lower him below the other two.

Grey Wind
19th November 2011, 11:28 PM
Speaking of formes, what's your stance on them? I dislike having too many, and would even prefer to have none.
Well too many gets annoying. A new form for Kyurem is fine, but I don't really want loads of them.

Reborn_Silver
20th November 2011, 12:48 AM
i just want to get ice burn / freeze shock (i think thats what it is) but a new form would be nice, making it more powerful, and then if it looks good, ill use it

toxxicice
22nd November 2011, 4:35 AM
oh hey look there's already a discussion on what I was about to rant about teehee

Anyways, I honestly don't understand why so many people think/want Kyurem and other Pokemon to have an alternate form. Just because Platinum introduced the form changes for Rotom and Giratina doesn't mean that Kyurem/other Pokemon are going to get an alternate form. IIRC, there was a reason Kyurem was weaker than the others, something along the lines of Kyurem being the combination of Zekrom and Reshiram or something...yeah no they aren't going to combine in the near future. Or something else I don't remember maybe??? idk i have a bad memory

Now I'm not saying it's not happening; it IS possible, but I am just highly doubting it because there's not enough reason for Kyurem to get another form.

Sorry for going off in a psuedo-rant, but it really just makes me wonder why people believe that these things WILL happen. Just because there has been a trend (a one-game trend lol) doesn't mean that it will continue happening for EVERY GENERATION TO COME. Trends can be broken very easily.

oops went off in another rant :/

BCVM22
22nd November 2011, 4:54 AM
IIRC, there was a reason Kyurem was weaker than the others, something along the lines of Kyurem being the combination of Zekrom and Reshiram or something...yeah no they aren't going to combine in the near future.

Which isn't what anyone is suggesting.

but I am just highly doubting it because there's not enough reason for Kyurem to get another form.

Okay... and what were the "reasons" for Giratina, Rotom and Shaymin getting alternate forms?

but it really just makes me wonder why people believe that these things WILL happen.

Precedent exists in Giratina being given a starring role in Generation IV's third game and an alternate form in its generation.

Circumstantial evidence exists in that Kyurem intentionally looks weakened and emaciated, supporting the prevailing theory that it is the remnants of the being that was once the combined form of Reshiram and Zekrom after it split, sent hurtling down to earth in the form of a meteor after the split. The flavor text indicates that it is hurt or damaged in some way, inadvertently freezing its own body with its abilities.

An alternate form for Kyurem would entail a visibly stronger and more virile form, representative of the creature at the height of its ability.

There's nothing concrete, to be sure, but in no way is it as if the concept is being pulled completely out of thin air.

BlazingCold
22nd November 2011, 5:01 AM
oh hey look there's already a discussion on what I was about to rant about teehee

Anyways, I honestly don't understand why so many people think/want Kyurem and other Pokemon to have an alternate form. Just because Platinum introduced the form changes for Rotom and Giratina doesn't mean that Kyurem/other Pokemon are going to get an alternate form. IIRC, there was a reason Kyurem was weaker than the others, something along the lines of Kyurem being the combination of Zekrom and Reshiram or something...yeah no they aren't going to combine in the near future. Or something else I don't remember maybe??? idk i have a bad memory

Now I'm not saying it's not happening; it IS possible, but I am just highly doubting it because there's not enough reason for Kyurem to get another form.

Sorry for going off in a psuedo-rant, but it really just makes me wonder why people believe that these things WILL happen. Just because there has been a trend (a one-game trend lol) doesn't mean that it will continue happening for EVERY GENERATION TO COME. Trends can be broken very easily.

oops went off in another rant :/

There's a line here you need to see -

Remember when Suicune, Rayquaza, and Giratina all were hid out the 1st two games in the saga? Yeah, you do. Kyruem can be added along those lines, because he's hiding out. Sure, Suicune and Rayquaza didn't get alternate forms, but my point is that last generation had alternate forms for Girantina, which leaves to my believing that Kyruem will get another form too.

toxxicice
22nd November 2011, 6:16 AM
There's a line here you need to see -

Remember when Suicune, Rayquaza, and Giratina all were hid out the 1st two games in the saga? Yeah, you do. Kyruem can be added along those lines, because he's hiding out. Sure, Suicune and Rayquaza didn't get alternate forms, but my point is that last generation had alternate forms for Girantina, which leaves to my believing that Kyruem will get another form too.

Suicune was a roamer like Raikou and Entei until Crystal, where even then it wasn't really a major change to the plot besides having Eusine chasing it around as well as you chasing it around (if I remember correctly), therefore not really making it hidden. Rayquaza and Giratina, yes, were both hidden. One got the form change. One generation had the form changes. Having one generation as evidence that Kyurem is most likely getting another form is to me, not good enough. Just because last generation had it doesn't mean this generation will.

The third games, in my opinion, are used to change the storyline and put a new twist/fun (or not so fun) gimmick in it all. Yellow had the gimmick of Pikachu, Crystal had the Suicune subplot, Emerald had Rayquaza to calm down the conflict between Kyogre and Groudon, which were both awakened by the evil teams of that time. Platinum had Giratina, the Distortion World subplot, the multitude of form changes and Looker (forgive me if this is a little shaky, I didn't get to play much of Platinum before it decided to die on me). Each generation's third version added a new subplot/plot development with a gimmick. I doubt they would repeat this gimmick and give another form change to Kyurem because there was already a form change in the last generation that coincided with the Distortion World plotline, therefore another form change would repeat a gimmick from a last generation.

I believe I'm getting a little off topic, but in short, I highly doubt Kyurem is getting a form change this gen, based on past gens (I know I said that trends can be broken, but that's why I put -highly doubt- because there is a slim possibility they can break the no-repeat gimmick).

BCVM22
22nd November 2011, 6:21 AM
Your entire argument is based entirely on "I feel", "I believe", "I think" with minimal support behind it.

And that's fine, but it's no more or less valid than the other side of the coin, which can be supported and rationalized in as much as founded speculation can serve as either.

PsychicPsycho
24th November 2011, 9:30 AM
They didn't bother to give Kyurem a Level 100 move, they just had learn moves up to level 92, and yet Reshiram and Zekrom have a move at level 100, poor Kyurem... it is apart of the trio and they lower him below the other two.Yeah, Kyurem got shafted. Reshiram and Zekrom get their Fusion attacks at 50, and Kyurem only gets Glaciate. And like you pointed out no lvl 100 signiture move.

Maybe they'll make it stronger in the 3rd game.

Remember when Suicune, Rayquaza, and Giratina all were hid out the 1st two games in the saga?I'm afraid I don't get what you mean by 'hid out'.

Đew™
24th November 2011, 11:13 AM
I'm rather interested in a new kyurem forme myself...hopefully it will be of use and not look as beaten up as the current forme.

PokemonTrainerTravis
4th December 2011, 8:55 PM
I think that the Pokemon in the 5th Generation are awesome! They are my favorite Pokemon.

sAv1Or)
6th December 2011, 5:25 AM
I was kinda disappointed in Druddigon not getting an evolved form but the whole Audino level up technique made up for it

Shine
6th December 2011, 8:27 AM
I'm afraid I don't get what you mean by 'hid out'.

I'm not sure why Suicune is included in that list, but both Rayquaza in R/S and Giratina in D/P were unobtainable before the E4, and even then their area is maze-like and optional (you don't need to visit them to progress), and with them being the last on their respective Gen's dex, you could "finish" the dex without even knowing they exist.

Aurath8
6th December 2011, 8:12 PM
I'm not sure why Suicune is included in that list, but both Rayquaza in R/S and Giratina in D/P were unobtainable before the E4, and even then their area is maze-like and optional (you don't need to visit them to progress), and with them being the last on their respective Gen's dex, you could "finish" the dex without even knowing they exist.

Which happens to be a perfect description of Kyurem's situation in B/W. The sense of foreboding is almost creepy.

Shine
7th December 2011, 5:01 AM
The only difference is the level, while both Rayquaza and Giratina were at lv 70, Kyurem was at lv 75 :p

Pokemon Whisperer Natural Harmonia Gropius
7th December 2011, 5:07 AM
The appearance of Kyurem was absolutely astonishing and wonderful in my opinion. Having to battle the first Dragon-Ice type Pokemon in a mysterious cave was...a nice addition to the game. :D

rocky505
7th December 2011, 7:29 AM
The only difference is the level, while both Rayquaza and Giratina were at lv 70, Kyurem was at lv 75 :p And don't forget that they are dragons of different types. Dragon/Ice Dragon/Flying and Dragon/Ghost.

R_N
7th December 2011, 7:51 AM
By the way, you know how Glaciate appears to be nothing but a stronger Icy Wind?

Well, for whatever reason, despite having the same exact effect as it, it has a different "effect number" in the coding (might go by a different term) that I believe is unique to it. But it doesn't actually do anything different. Same chance to lower speed, goes down 1 level, etc
If I had to guess, it will probably do something in Grey, regardless of Kyurem himself getting a new form.

rocky505
7th December 2011, 8:35 AM
By the way, you know how Glaciate appears to be nothing but a stronger Icy Wind?

Well, for whatever reason, despite having the same exact effect as it, it has a different "effect number" in the coding (might go by a different term) that I believe is unique to it. But it doesn't actually do anything different. Same chance to lower speed, goes down 1 level, etc
If I had to guess, it will probably do something in Grey, regardless of Kyurem himself getting a new form. Special Item Kyurem holds to get a new forme and double's Glaciate's power maybe?

sAv1Or)
7th December 2011, 12:17 PM
I do not agree with Sableye getting prankster. Now its just a pain the butt to fight.

R_N
7th December 2011, 11:44 PM
Special Item Kyurem holds to get a new forme and double's Glaciate's power maybe?

My somewhat baseless theory is that Glaciate will get a power up when his form changes. So it's got a little check, you see.

edit: Specifically, I guess, my theory goes like if BW is in a battle against changed Grey Kyurem and it uses Glaciate then it recognizes the change accordingly for effecting you.

Alexander18
8th December 2011, 10:51 PM
I wonder if they make a third game, will Kyurem be reduce to level 50 or will it remain the same level. In my opinion it should stay the same level just like Rayquaza in Emerald and get a alternate form just like Giratina in Platinum. But who knows? Anyway Kyurem is the star of the next movie so I am gonna enjoy it when it comes out.

Blazios
8th December 2011, 10:53 PM
I wonder if they make a third game, will Kyurem be reduce to level 50 or will it remain the same level. In my opinion it should stay the same level just like Rayquaza in Emerald and get a alternate form just like Giratina in Platinum. But who knows? Anyway Kyurem is the star of the next movie so I am gonna enjoy it when it comes out.

Kyurem's level will likely depend on if you need to battle it during the plot. Remember, Rayquaza was still optional in Emerald, while Giratina was mandatory (That's likely also why Kyogre, Groudon, Dialga and Palkia got level increases, too).

Cinna
15th December 2011, 11:20 PM

Remember, Giratina was moved from 70 to 47 in DPPt, so if Gray does have an alternate plot to BW, then a level change is likely.

Đew™
16th December 2011, 12:03 AM
Remember, Giratina was moved from 70 to 47 in DPPt, so if Gray does have an alternate plot to BW, then a level change is likely.

Heck, for that matter, I'm not gonna be suprised to see a lvl increase for resh and zek, too. That's what happened in platinum...

Pooler
16th December 2011, 12:17 PM
What if Genesect is gonna be the mascot of the next game instead of Kyurem? I know it's almost obvious that it's gonna be Kyurem but still, I'm just thinking what will Kyurem play in the plot of the story.

Victory
16th December 2011, 12:40 PM
^Genesect could be very likely involved in the plot. It's made by Team Plasma, so they may use Genesect as a weapon

BCVM22
16th December 2011, 5:46 PM
They wouldn't involve an event Pokémon in the plot in any significant fashion.

Jazz™
17th December 2011, 5:44 PM
I think that, Grey will have sort of the same storyline as BW apart from there being Kyurem instead of Resh and Zek. Glaciate will most likely get an effect change and that's why BW give it a different 'effect number'. Remember how, even though you were on diamond, a platinum origin forme would still have levitate? That's my reasoning.

Weavile out.

Peace!

Eranu™
17th December 2011, 6:44 PM
I think they're gonna make the graphics less blocky on grey and change the main poke to kyurem. but what poke would N get then?

Zoruagible
17th December 2011, 10:06 PM
I think they're gonna make the graphics less blocky on grey and change the main poke to kyurem. but what poke would N get then?

He'll probably get both Zekrom, and Reshiram but release them after you beat him.

Shine
18th December 2011, 1:31 AM
Having to beat both Reshiram and Zekrom while we only have Kyurem doesn't seems like what Game Freak would do, at least to me.

Then again, they can be unexpected sometimes, and have us do exactly that xD

Zachmac
23rd December 2011, 11:36 AM
Having to beat both Reshiram and Zekrom while we only have Kyurem doesn't seems like what Game Freak would do, at least to me.

I guess it could work out if Kyurem is a few levels higher then the other two.

2rsa
23rd December 2011, 11:44 AM

Thats why i hope they decide to make gen 3 remakes!XD

abrar14
23rd December 2011, 12:47 PM
Remember Kyurem has a type advantage

Đew™
23rd December 2011, 3:26 PM
Remember Kyurem has a type advantage

Well, yes, but both zek and resh do as well with dragon. Resh, however, resists kyurem's ice STAB while zek doesn't. However, ky does resist both of their nondragon STABs.

Either way, it'll be interesting to see what happens ^_^

DarkraiMiestro
23rd December 2011, 5:48 PM
I guess, since this thread is about 5th gen pokemon, my pokemon white wi-fi battle team is:
Darkrai
Flygon
Shiny Tyranitar
Dragonite
Hydreigon
Shiny Porygon-z
All are level 100. Darkrai and shiny Tyranitar are the strongest. ;491;

Grei
23rd December 2011, 7:57 PM
I presume that Grey will be announced before any RSE remakes, since Kyurem stars in the next movie.

[/randomon-topicthought]

I'm glad that the events for the Event Pokemon are dependent on the Pokemon itself rather than an item. It was annoying how one had to resort to hacking in order to get the events in DP. (Actually, I kind of liked that too. whatever)

Maybe the Event Pokemon are being distributed this way in response to how it worked in North America in the 4th Gen?

BCVM22
23rd December 2011, 9:02 PM
It was annoying how one had to resort to hacking in order to get the events in DP.

One didn't "have to resort" to anything. Darkrai, Shaymin and Arceus were all made available at national retail chains for anyone to obtain fair and square. If one missed those events, that's unfortunate, but little else. It most certainly is not as if the three event critters were held back any.

That the event items were given a very limited release if they were given a release at all is largely immaterial. We were never truly meant to know of them - we knew of them only because Diamond and Pearl were dissected down to the last bit of code almost immediately.

Grei
23rd December 2011, 11:11 PM
One didn't "have to resort" to anything. Darkrai, Shaymin and Arceus were all made available at national retail chains for anyone to obtain fair and square. If one missed those events, that's unfortunate, but little else. It most certainly is not as if the three event critters were held back any.

Well, I was referring to the events themselves, not the Pokemon. (I didn't explain myself very well, my bad.) The Pokemon were always distributed by themselves, which was the issue--I would have much rather obtained the items that triggered the events, which I believe were never distributed in North America.

That the event items were given a very limited release if they were given a release at all is largely immaterial. We were never truly meant to know of them - we knew of them only because Diamond and Pearl were dissected down to the last bit of code almost immediately.

I thought they were distributed in Japan...?

Well, regardless, one (meaning I) had to resort to hacking the event items in order to trigger the events, since I was unable to get them through normal means. Not that I'm condemning events or calling them unfair, just that I wish the items had been distributed in North America rather than just the Pokemon themselves, because getting Pokemon through sidequest-events is more fun than just being given a Pokemon, in my opinion.

BCVM22
23rd December 2011, 11:45 PM
The Member's Card and Oak's Letter got Platinum-only Wi-Fi events in North America in fall of 2009.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
24th December 2011, 4:07 AM
I'm glad that the events for the Event Pokemon are dependent on the Pokemon itself rather than an item. It was annoying how one had to resort to hacking in order to get the events in DP. (Actually, I kind of liked that too. whatever)

God no, I much prefer the method in DP. If there's one thing I hate, and that's giveaway Pokemon. I don't really care for legendaries, and the only reason why I pursue them is for the thrill of trying to catch them. But no, in BW they just hand you the Pokemon, which is very boring. Plus DP at least surrounded them with a bit of story, like how it's so cool that you catch Darkrai IN YOUR DREAMS. In Black and White they only do that with Victini. I really wish they did it with all of them.

Oh well, maybe (probably not) they'll program the actual legendaries into the games in grey

Grei
24th December 2011, 6:52 PM
The Member's Card and Oak's Letter got Platinum-only Wi-Fi events in North America in fall of 2009.

Oh. ._.

Never mind then. I probably don't remember those because I didn't have a legitimate copy of Platinum at the time.

God no, I much prefer the method in DP. If there's one thing I hate, and that's giveaway Pokemon. I don't really care for legendaries, and the only reason why I pursue them is for the thrill of trying to catch them. But no, in BW they just hand you the Pokemon, which is very boring. Plus DP at least surrounded them with a bit of story, like how it's so cool that you catch Darkrai IN YOUR DREAMS. In Black and White they only do that with Victini. I really wish they did it with all of them.

Oh well, maybe (probably not) they'll program the actual legendaries into the games in grey

Well, I was saying that because I figured NA wouldn't distribute the items again, like with the 4th Gen. I was mistaken, however, as they did distribute the items. ^_^'

I definitely like the event-leads-to-Pokemon deal, although this Pokemon-leads-to-event deal will likely be interesting.

Thinking on it, maybe they did it this way to avoid people hacking into the events, like they could in DPPt. I would imagine the events in the 5th gen must be triggered by a Legendary holding a certain ribbon or something, which isn't as easily hacked.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
24th December 2011, 10:47 PM
It's not that interesting. All you do is go to a few places where your Pokemon will learn its signature move. There's no thrill of trying to catch it or anything.

And yeah, it is there to prevent people from hacking into the events, but I still preferred it.

Đew™
3rd January 2012, 1:11 AM
Oh. ._.

Never mind then. I probably don't remember those because I didn't have a legitimate copy of Platinum at the time.

Well, I was saying that because I figured NA wouldn't distribute the items again, like with the 4th Gen. I was mistaken, however, as they did distribute the items. ^_^'

I definitely like the event-leads-to-Pokemon deal, although this Pokemon-leads-to-event deal will likely be interesting.

Thinking on it, maybe they did it this way to avoid people hacking into the events, like they could in DPPt. I would imagine the events in the 5th gen must be triggered by a Legendary holding a certain ribbon or something, which isn't as easily hacked.

The personal ID (PID) may also play into this, almost anything is possible...

travismega
4th January 2012, 3:45 PM
I love the Pokemon in Unova, they are all so cool!

The Eleventh
4th January 2012, 3:52 PM
The personal ID (PID) may also play into this, almost anything is possible...
Yes, just like Fateful Encounter Shaymin are required to obtain the Gracidea Flower, these event Pokémon will have a flag to differentiate themselves from standard hacked Keldeo, Meloetta and Genesect.

TheBattleFrontierAsh1
4th January 2012, 6:53 PM
About the Ruby/Sapphire remakes, I doubt they'll come after Grey. Yeah Platinum came before Heartgold/Soulsilver but Gamefreak has thrown several surprises. And Hoenn was important to one of the members which I forgot his name. But that's just a thought.

BCVM22
4th January 2012, 9:52 PM
About the Ruby/Sapphire remakes, I doubt they'll come after Grey. Yeah Platinum came before Heartgold/Soulsilver but Gamefreak has thrown several surprises.

Not really, no.

foxyman1167
4th January 2012, 9:55 PM
About the Ruby/Sapphire remakes, I doubt they'll come after Grey. Yeah Platinum came before Heartgold/Soulsilver but Gamefreak has thrown several surprises. And Hoenn was important to one of the members which I forgot his name. But that's just a thought.

Ruby/Sapphire
FireRed/LeafGreen
Emerald

Diamond/Pearl
Platinum
HeartGold/SoulSilver

Not much of a track record to base your projected release date on. I believe they are going to happen, but as for when remains to be seen.

The Eleventh
4th January 2012, 9:56 PM
On those grounds, it could go either way, since there are previous occurrences for both a third version coming after and before remakes; FRLG were released before Emerald, but HGSS were released after Platinum.

EDIT: Ninja'd. xD

Alexander18
4th January 2012, 11:04 PM
I am not sure if the Ruby and Sapphire remakes should come first since HeartGold and SoulSilver were before Black and White, I think Grey will come considering the new movie is coming with a possible new form of Kyurem and the Keldeo give away. However I be happy not matter what comes first.

battle171
4th January 2012, 11:57 PM
From what Pokemon has been advertising on the Japanese site as of late, I would think that the Gen III remakes would probably be the next main series games. It would be nice the "Gray version" came out sometime this year.

foxyman1167
5th January 2012, 12:39 AM
From what Pokemon has been advertising on the Japanese site as of late, I would think that the Gen III remakes would probably be the next main series games. It would be nice the "Gray version" came out sometime this year.

I beg to differ, as the recent CoroCoro mentions something 'special' about Kyurem, possibly in a similar vein to Giratina and Platinum.

Victory
5th January 2012, 12:44 AM
I think Kyreum will get its "Special Form" in Grey and that it will be the main legend of that game.

Ace of Shades
5th January 2012, 12:52 AM
I think Kyreum will get its "Special Form" in Grey and that it will be the main legend of that game.

Really? I never would have guessed.

DragonXmicro
5th January 2012, 4:52 AM
Well, I project maybe this year or next for remakes. FRLG were released 8 yrs after RB. HGSS 10 yrs after GS

Schade
5th January 2012, 3:25 PM
I want a RSE Remake!
The other remakes came late because of the lacks of ideas and technology.
Or at least, that's what i've heard

TheBattleFrontierAsh1
5th January 2012, 5:20 PM

Yeah it's kinda obvious since Garatinna did the same thing in platinum.

Grey Wind
7th January 2012, 4:59 PM
Garatinna
um

It's obvious that Grey is coming before the R/S remakes now. With the Kyurem movie coming out next July, it's definitely going to be promoting Grey.

pokeaussie37
15th February 2012, 1:19 PM
Sort of relates to Grey in a way, but a year or so on I just wanted to take a chance to go through and what I would want improved or changed.

For the most part, especially up until the fifth Gym, I thought the game was excellent. It might have been nice if you could catch some better Pokemon earlier in the game, but I liked the fact you had to wait as well. There were plenty of plot incidents too so you always knew something was going to happen.

After the fifth gym, it was still very good but the addition of a Lucky Egg as a gift unfortunately made the game very, very easy from there on in. I was also annoyed by the fact we still had illegitimate fully-evolved Pokemon i.e. Drayden's/Iris' Haxorus and Ghetsis' Hydreigon. However I thought the conclusion to the main story was excellent.

Things I would change, perhaps for the third game:

- An overall increase in the levels of wild Pokemon and trainers' Pokemon from Route Six onwards. This is based around an increase in levels for Skyla to 38 and 40, Brycen to 45 and 47 (to allow for a Vanilluxe!) and Drayden/Iris to 52 and 54. Drayden and Iris could even be a double battle. The Elite Four members' Pokemon would be Levels 60 and 62, N's would be 62 and 64, Ghetsis' 64 and 67 to allow for a legitimate Hydreigon

- A conclusion to Ghetsis' story in addition to the other six sages. Possibly even battle the other six sages at some point.

- Plot relevance for the Abyssal Ruins and indeed Eastern Unova

Overall, an excellent Pokemon game with hopes of an even better sequel.

Poke_Mania97
15th February 2012, 1:22 PM
i want the remakes next!

R_N
15th February 2012, 6:01 PM
Sort of relates to Grey in a way, but a year or so on I just wanted to take a chance to go through and what I would want improved or changed.

For the most part, especially up until the fifth Gym, I thought the game was excellent. It might have been nice if you could catch some better Pokemon earlier in the game, but I liked the fact you had to wait as well. There were plenty of plot incidents too so you always knew something was going to happen.

After the fifth gym, it was still very good but the addition of a Lucky Egg as a gift unfortunately made the game very, very easy from there on in. I was also annoyed by the fact we still had illegitimate fully-evolved Pokemon i.e. Drayden's/Iris' Haxorus and Ghetsis' Hydreigon. However I thought the conclusion to the main story was excellent.

Things I would change, perhaps for the third game:

- An overall increase in the levels of wild Pokemon and trainers' Pokemon from Route Six onwards. This is based around an increase in levels for Skyla to 38 and 40, Brycen to 45 and 47 (to allow for a Vanilluxe!) and Drayden/Iris to 52 and 54. Drayden and Iris could even be a double battle. The Elite Four members' Pokemon would be Levels 60 and 62, N's would be 62 and 64, Ghetsis' 64 and 67 to allow for a legitimate Hydreigon

- A conclusion to Ghetsis' story in addition to the other six sages. Possibly even battle the other six sages at some point.

- Plot relevance for the Abyssal Ruins and indeed Eastern Unova

Overall, an excellent Pokemon game with hopes of an even better sequel.

60-67 is way too much for a first go on the E4 (+N + Ghetsis). Even Platinum capped out at 62 and that was with a gradual lead up from the 50s for it.
Sometimes Pokemon are just underleveled. Do you really want to face an even stronger Hydreigon just because it would be legal? And to a lesser extent Haxorus?

Bunface
15th February 2012, 6:27 PM
It might have been nice if you could catch some better Pokemon earlier in the game, but I liked the fact you had to wait as well.

This is the first Pokemon game in which I have not used a full party of six - and that was simply down to the lack of choice, for me. I've had issues with some of the cast introduced in Unova (to me, despite some cool additions, too many Pokemon are either re-hashes of existing species with a different type, or just plain cack), and that led to me continually waiting to get Pokemon I actually liked. I'm running through the end-game with Emboar, Stoutland, Galvantula and Gigalith, because nothing else that I ran into really appealed.

Ponymon
25th February 2012, 5:46 PM
Reshiram is one of my fave pokemon its lv100

TheDarkDragons
6th April 2012, 5:31 AM
60-67 is way too much for a first go on the E4 (+N + Ghetsis). Even Platinum capped out at 62 and that was with a gradual lead up from the 50s for it.
Sometimes Pokemon are just underleveled. Do you really want to face an even stronger Hydreigon just because it would be legal? And to a lesser extent Haxorus?

I really couldn't care either way. My Samurott was Lv.80 after beating the game the first time. It'll only get stronger. Then again, I guess that depends on whether or not I use only one Pokemon again or a full team of six.

muck
27th May 2012, 5:46 PM
The thing is, with legendaries I don't care about how good they are in battle, because I never use them. I just care how they look in my PC and in my Pokedex, so that's why I like Virizion the best. Cobalion just looks ugly, and Terrakion looks too... stout.

terrakion is the strongest coolest pokemon not the ugliest.

DCFan
27th May 2012, 5:48 PM
My favourite Legendary is Dexyos..in my opinion..it is the most Unique Pokemon ever in my opinion

thekorean
27th May 2012, 7:34 PM
Mienshao + Regenerator + Uturn = BEAAAAST

Takeo
23rd June 2012, 9:47 PM
My favourite Legendary is Dexyos..in my opinion..it is the most Unique Pokemon ever in my opinion

So unique!, in fact! it has 3 other forms that look some what alike. yup.

Sworn Metalhead
13th July 2012, 2:02 AM
I am still waiting for my first shiny in Pokemon Black, despite the fact that they are far less spectacular in this generation than in previous ones... Still it's nice to have at least one :)

Floette
22nd July 2012, 4:39 PM
@Shadowcom37 I'm not minimodding but this isn't for battling. Try dat wifi center.

Anyway I was just thinking to myself how much I *love* castform. I really want to use it a bit. I might even try to get one in BW2 (I believe its 5% rarity in shaking spots on one of the routes)..

Also love that Cinccino

Sacred keldeo
9th November 2012, 11:32 AM
Liligant is good 3 quiver dances later and it packs a punch!

screamlouda
28th April 2013, 10:36 AM
Okai I'm going to just go through pretty much all of the 5th gen. Pokemon. These are only my opinions!
Serperior was pretty weak because of a shallow movepool, but looked pretty awesome. They messed up completly on Emboar. AND IT WAS FIRE FIGHTINGGG!!!!!!!!!!! Samerott was a great starter though! Patrat would've been pretty good but they had to give him freaky red eyes. Lillipup's whole evolution is really nice! LIllipup is a cute little puppy then Herdier is a pretty solid stage one Pokemon, and then Stoutland was just a really strong guy. I liked the ideas of the three elemental monkeys. They were really helpful throughout the game, and I think it really helped explain weaknesses and resistances to new players. Liepard was pretty cool, but weak. Munna was fine because it tied back to Red version (I think) but what the heck is wrong with Musharna...? PIdove fit right in with the bird Pokemon, and I liked how they introduced him in the most modern region, because pidgeons live in cities and stuff. The gender differences on Unfezant were unique. Zebsrika was an important member to my team until I noticed how few moves he could learn. Gigalith and Exactadrill were ok, Gigalith reminded me of Golem's evolution line because it started off with an ok unevolved Pokemon, then the middle guy was weird, then the final evolution was epic! Exactadrill was really powerful and didn't look weird, but Drilber was messed up. I think I'm going to skip Swobat. It was just a fail of a girly Zubat that scares me. Conkellder was to weird looking for me to ever use. I don't like the really human-like Pokemon. Loved Tynampol's, Seawaddle's and Venipede's evolutions! Siesmitoad was really hideous though... Whimscott and Liligant both fit in with the other grass types perfectly! Sandile could've have the best evolution ever, but they give him a red crockoodile that is just called crockadile with an accent. Basculin hopfully get an awesome evolution in X and Y! Darumaka's Pokedex entry was uneaded, and Darmanitan is powerful, but I'm confused on what it's suposed to be. Dwebble's evolution was AWESOMEE one of my favorites! Maratacus has a great design, and was one of the best Black and White Pokemon with looks. Scraggy has grown on me, but the whole evolution line is just a sagging guy. Sigilyhakjhdjfa is imposible to pronounce and looke like someone stapled an UNknown onto a pinyata. It was stupid of them to make the thing about "dead humans become Yamask!" then Cofagrigus was ugly. The fossil Pokemon were really good! Archeops is really awesome! Garbador is messed up may I ask what happened to Pokemon being SOMEWHAT bassed off of animals or nature? I feel sorry for Trubish though so he's ok :) Zoroark was cool, but I didn't like how they made him and Zorua such a big deal with events and everything. Mincicno and Cinccino area both adorable. Gothita's evolution is good, I just really want them to have an evolution break at the end like Ralts has! Reuniclus is just a teddybear trapped in jellow. Swanna is really good, and one of my favorite Unova Pokemon! Out of all the Pokemon, the american guy made Vanelite, Vanelish, and Vanilluxe. Thanks American guy for making awesome Pokemon. Floating ice cream is hardcore ya know? Sawsbuck was a origional idea, and I think Winter Sawsbuck is the best :D Emolga's really cute, and so is Rufflet, and Bravairy is the most American Pokemon ever. Karablast's whole eolution line's a fail. Foongus and Amoongus were both kinda cool, but I didn't like that they were colored like Pokeballs. Trash, ice cream, and Pokeballs. Frillish and Jelicent are both pretty good I guess. I never really liked either one of them, but it's cool how the girl ones are pink! Alomomola should just evolve from Luvdisk, and get another evolution to power it up some. Joltik and Garvantula are both really awesome! Best evolution in Unova ever! Ferroseed seems like he needs another evolution before going straight into Ferrothorn. Klink is pretty much one of the stupidest Pokemon yet. It's just like two gears! Then when it evolves, it picks up aanother gear, and when it's done picking up scrap metal, you end up with this little gear ball that's literaly just it's two pre-evolutions names combined. Tynamo' evolution was a really cool and strong one. I like Lanturn a lot, so I was hoping that they would've gave him a half water typing. Elgyem's my like 5th favorite Pokemon cause he's awesome! His evolution wasn't the coolest thing ever, but it was a good upgrade for Elgyem. Chandelure is a good ghost Pokemon because I always thought of chandeliers as haunted so yeah. Axew wasn't the best dragon type, but fitted in. Beartic is in my ice type team, and is really strong! Cryogonal and Accelgor are both fails. Stunfisk's typing was unusual, but if he had an evolution, poeople would have actualy used him. Meinfoo was good, but when it evolved it got like streched out and now has floppy arms. Druggigon has a good design, but it seems like he should almost be dragon/rock. Gollet and Golurk are both perfet ghost types. Pawnaird is really cool, but I think Bisharp looks better than it really is. Bouffalant should evolve from Tarous, and I think that they should make a girl form of each. Vullaby and Mandubuzz are good, but really ugly. Heatmor scares me a bit. Durant has a great design. Deino's evolution has the perfect typing! Laresta was different, but every little thing I liked about it died when I saw Volcarona. Legendaries now. THERE AR TO MANY LEGENDARIES!!! I thought legendaries were suposed to be special! With like what? 12 legendaries and 7 of those have forms, legendaries just loose their coolness. Kyurem Black and White was designed with to much stuff. Like everyythings on it. It has the pipes, the awesome tail, one super streched ear, a fire and an ice arm, evrerything. The Landerous trio are all ugly fails with pointless forms. Meloetta was good, and it's form is good. It fits in pretty good too! Reshiram is cooler than Zekrom :D Keldeo was cool until I saw the first 3 minutes of the movie. Why does every legendary just talk al the time iwht telepathy? Before it was special but Keldeo was acting like a stupid little kid or something. Gensect I think is a remade Kabutops, pretty cool I guess. The three new dogs are crap. A phone company, a rock buffalo thing, and well Cobalion is kinda cool.

Sooooo yeah haha

bobandbill
30th April 2013, 6:48 AM
Don't bump threads please. And also please use spacing, that wall of text hurts the eyes...

Closed.