PDA

View Full Version : Official Pokemon Discussion Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55

MetalFlygon08
27th September 2010, 10:21 PM
FYI CyndaquilRules, I claim Deshadowfying the starter final forms!

Joe.
27th September 2010, 10:27 PM
and here you go joe, http://www.iaza.com/work/100928C/doryuuzu32702.gif

That was quick, thanks a bunch. I'll bug you for another one later haha.

Aether13
27th September 2010, 10:28 PM
And that's going to be people's fault for assuming that, because the Pokemon show no indication of race. If people believe that, that's simply stupidity on their part.

I agree with this statement, if people start saying it's a Latino thug then thats there fault, but using the general statement of thug for this pokemon isn't a big deal because that's what GF inteneded it too be, but yeah it's just a pokemon so i really don't think it's a big deal.

mickey
27th September 2010, 10:31 PM
Are there new Pokéballs in B/W?

And what about other items? Do we know something about fossils, new evolution stones or something like that?

Lord_Kain
27th September 2010, 10:34 PM
hes not a certian race, but i think he is based on a thug or something.

holding his pants up, mohawk, and a hoodie.

kinda like those 3 black exclusive psychics are based on lolitas.

Moneyy
27th September 2010, 10:40 PM
I don't get why people think Zuruzukin is based of a certain race. In my opinion, it's just a weird looking Pokemon with a weird concept.

Anyway, that Gear Pokemon and its evos seem kind of bland and repetitive compared to the rest of them. This generation has by far the best Pokemon in my opinion.

gonzomsn
27th September 2010, 10:46 PM
Would it be considered sexual assault for this guy,

http://armaina.com/pokemon/Warubiaru%20Front.gif

to hit someone with his nose?
hey, where to get those cool moving pokemon images.If someone here knows where to get, or has one of those for ononokusu, please give me!!I'm desperate!

Lord_Kain
27th September 2010, 11:03 PM
the site everyones using doesnt have him right now.

CyndaquilRules
27th September 2010, 11:59 PM
FYI CyndaquilRules, I claim Deshadowfying the starter final forms!

Hehe,

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/6348/enbuoo20front.gif

ryodragonite
28th September 2010, 12:03 AM
Is it just me or does the new pokemon Kapurumo look like a Riolu stole a baby Heracrosses skin shell. Then ran off. Because when I first saw it I thought it was the pre evolution of Heracross.

V Faction
28th September 2010, 12:37 AM
Is it just me or does the new pokemon Kapurumo look like a Riolu stole a baby Heracrosses skin shell. Then ran off. Because when I first saw it I thought it was the pre evolution of Heracross.
I'm still having to use a cheat sheet for names a lot anytime someone brings up one since I'm not used to them yet, but despite that I can immediately tell who you're talking about from just the description.

Yep, a lot of people seem to think "Heracross" with that guy, mostly due to the horn. But a lot of species of insects have horns (they also have 6 legs, so I guess that didn't translate well into Kapurumo's design). Not sure where you get the Riolu thing. The colors, maybe?

But if you ask me, I don't think it's because of laziness on the part of the designers or anything like that. It's actually pretty dang cute, and the evolution process for him is highly creative. Being pure Bug is a bit of a drag, but I don't think its a detractment.

Lorde
28th September 2010, 12:47 AM
Is anyone else annoyed by the new Shaking Grass feature used to get rare Pokemon? It makes getting rare Pokemon like Yanappu extremely hard! I tried looking for Hiyappu, Yanappu, and Baoppu in the forest near Shippou City but they didn't appear until 30 minutes later and it was only Yanappu at that point. I wish they were a bit easier to find in Black and White, and I know we got them as gift Pokemon in these games, but we have to choose one out of the three. Has anyone else had trouble getting these Pokemon to appear?

MetalFlygon08
28th September 2010, 1:11 AM
Hehe,

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/6348/enbuoo20front.gif

OH U!

that really grinds my http://www.iaza.com/work/100928C/Gear91510.gif

ForeverFlame
28th September 2010, 1:13 AM
Oh, nice job. Whatr program do you use to remove them, fif you don't mind me asking. I've done these two,
http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/1025/umag.gifhttp://img810.imageshack.us/img810/7734/koromori20frontnoshadow.gif

with Fireworks CS3.

*steals Flounderp @_@*

It gets bashed a lot, but Flounderp isn't that bad, really. It has pretty decent type coverage. It's weak to water and ground, but it learns Electric and Water moves naturally. It's also weak to Ice and Grass, and it ends up learning Fighting and Flying moves to counter them as well.

No 4x weaknesses, but unfortunately no evolution. When it does evolve, though, it'll have monster HP and Special Defense. And it'll probably look like a monster as well. :)

V Faction
28th September 2010, 1:15 AM
Is anyone else annoyed by the new Shaking Grass feature used to get rare Pokemon? It makes getting rare Pokemon like Yanappu extremely hard! I tried looking for Hiyappu, Yanappu, and Baoppu in the forest near Shippou City but they didn't appear until 30 minutes later and it was only Yanappu at that point. I wish they were a bit easier to find in Black and White, and I know we got them as gifts, but we have to choose one out of the three :s

It seems more focused, if you ask me. Before, I would have no idea other than maybe using a guide if the spot I was in would yield a rare Pokemon. Now they've pulled out the proverbial "Carrot dangling on a stick" to get me to look for those wiggling shrubs instead of just mindlessly going back and forth in the grass.

Plus, it makes it less of a headache in my opinion. Last gen we had the Poke Radar right? I never used that to be honest. Now we get those automatically. What better way to let us know "hey, rare Pokemon over here!" Of course, since the method is out of our hands, it can be a little unruly, but it's no biggie.

Though, from your post, it sounds like the practical application of this new method isn't all that great.

CyndaquilRules
28th September 2010, 1:16 AM
*steals Flounderp @_@*

It gets bashed a lot, but Flounderp isn't that bad, really. It has pretty decent type coverage. It's weak to water and ground, but it learns Electric and Water moves naturally. It's also weak to Ice and Grass, and it ends up learning Fighting and Flying moves to counter them as well.

No 4x weaknesses, but unfortunately no evolution. When it does evolve, though, it'll have monster HP and Special Defense. And it'll probably look like a monster as well. :)

Aha, glad you like Flounderp's shadowless animation. i don't know why the bottom row of pixels disapears when I upload it though..

MetalFlygon08
28th September 2010, 1:27 AM
http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/6348/enbuoo20front.gifhttp://www.iaza.com/work/100928C/emboar13754.gif
yours<- Your's Fixed->
fixed yours again...

It seems the ones you do put the base frame right at the end, causing a skip.

though my timings went off for some reason...

Chimecho3000
28th September 2010, 2:39 AM
Serebii's dex says that Kurumayu and Koromori evolve with happiness, but when the Pokemon data was leaked it said they evolved by levelling up in the summer. Which one is correct?

Rakurai
28th September 2010, 2:43 AM
Serebii's dex says that Kurumayu and Koromori evolve with happiness, but when the Pokemon data was leaked it said they evolved by levelling up in the summer. Which one is correct?

It's happiness.

On the subject of a different discovery, there seems to be more involved in getting past that first pillar in the Undersea Ruin then was stated, because I recently examined it, but it didn't move.

Marelli
28th September 2010, 3:57 AM
Just looking through the new pokemon, why are the levels to evolve them so high? You can't evolve Kojofuu into Kojondo until level 50? I'm pretty sure I saw one at level 64 too. This has got to be a record for a two evolution chain

Grei
28th September 2010, 4:21 AM
Is anyone else annoyed by the new Shaking Grass feature used to get rare Pokemon? It makes getting rare Pokemon like Yanappu extremely hard! I tried looking for Hiyappu, Yanappu, and Baoppu in the forest near Shippou City but they didn't appear until 30 minutes later and it was only Yanappu at that point. I wish they were a bit easier to find in Black and White, and I know we got them as gift Pokemon in these games, but we have to choose one out of the three. Has anyone else had trouble getting these Pokemon to appear?

It sounds as if you're complaining because something is difficult.

I'm sure it's frustrating but I'd rather it be really hard to get rare Pokemon than for it to be super easy like with the PokeRadar (I hate how Shinies have lost their rarity with that thing. I'm glad it's not in BW, because Shinies should be seen once in a blue moon, not after 50 chains with a PokeRadar). It makes obtaining that Pokemon that much more fun and rewarding.

CyndaquilRules
28th September 2010, 4:24 AM
It sounds as if you're complaining because something is difficult.

I'm sure it's frustrating but I'd rather it be really hard to get rare Pokemon than for it to be super easy like with the PokeRadar (I hate how Shinies have lost their rarity with that thing. I'm glad it's not in BW, because Shinies should be seen once in a blue moon, not after 50 chains with a PokeRadar). It makes obtaining that Pokemon that much more fun and rewarding.

Well there's a lot of stuff going around about shinys being a lot more common..

Lorde
28th September 2010, 4:25 AM

Have you tried the Shaking Grass feature in order to catch some of the rarer Isshu Pokemon? It's the same as the PokeRadar and the PokeRadar wasn't all that easy to start with. Every once in a while you would get lucky and find rare Pokemon quickly, but not always. I find it difficult to find Pokemon such as Yanappu, Hiyappu, and Baoppu in Black and White since we have Pokemon like Tabunne showing up half the time which is frustrating.

CyndaquilRules
28th September 2010, 4:28 AM
Have you tried the Shaking Grass feature in order to catch some of the rarer Isshu Pokemon? It's the same as the PokeRadar and the PokeRadar wasn't all that easy to start with. Every once in a while you would get lucky and find rare Pokemon quickly, but not always. I find it difficult to find Pokemon such as Yanappu, Hiyappu, and Baoppu in Black and White since we have Pokemon like Tabunne showing up half the time which is frustrating.

Ugh, and Tabunne is pretty.. ugly.. One of the few I dislike very much still.

Grei
28th September 2010, 4:36 AM
Well there's a lot of stuff going around about shinys being a lot more common..

As far as I know, the 1/50 Shiny Rate was a rumor that has since been debunked. I believe it's the same as it was in DPPtHGSS, minus the PokeRadar.

At least, it had better be. .o.

@ The 4th Kira: I don't own the game. However, I still would prefer there to be a challenge over every Pokemon being handed to me. When the challenge is high, the rewards and sense of accomplishment are greater.

[aka]
28th September 2010, 5:24 AM
*steals Flounderp @_@*

I personally see it as thew new Dunsparce, and I love the name Flounderp.
And...Dunsparce never got an evolution.

Aether13
28th September 2010, 5:45 AM
Team full of Dunsparce and Flounderp anyone?

CyndaquilRules
28th September 2010, 5:50 AM

Woah, you must be some metagame pro.

MetalFlygon08
28th September 2010, 6:08 AM
It will take the meta by storm, what with FlinchHax and that stare...Add in Tabunne's chin and you just won the game.

btw is garchomp still Cynthia's strongest pokemon?
http://www.iaza.com/work/100928C/Garchomp87483.gifhttp://www.iaza.com/work/100928C/cynthia4716538156-iaza.gif

R_N
28th September 2010, 6:23 AM
It will take the meta by storm, what with FlinchHax and that stare...Add in Tabunne's chin and you just won the game.

Legend has it that it is the only team capable of bringing the mighty Luvdisc down.

MetalFlygon08
28th September 2010, 6:33 AM
Impossible, you speak madess!

the mighty Luvdisc is now hydrated with volcalisity thanks to the dream world!

[aka]
28th September 2010, 6:37 AM
See: My sig. (The lack of Dunsparce is caused by me not knowing how to get him in Black.)

Chimchar15
28th September 2010, 6:40 AM
I was just listening to part of Pokemon Monday at gamesradar and they were insulting my Emboar. He is definitely the best out of all the starters IMO of course. In both his regular and his shiny form he looks great.

Varnani
28th September 2010, 6:41 AM
I'm glad dunsparce didn't get an evo... im not sure if it'll be of any help D:

razz

R_N
28th September 2010, 6:41 AM
It requires a full team, each to support the next with extremely precise moves at the right time, but I have heard tales of success

Joe.
28th September 2010, 6:42 AM
Back to the thug pokemon:

Zuruzukin (560): They gang up on opponents that enter their territory and beat them to within an inch of their lives. They shoot an acidic bodily fluid from their mouths.

LexSuicune
28th September 2010, 7:06 AM
LOL that's grim.

Within an inch of their lives? That thing looks evil enough now that XD.

koolhk
28th September 2010, 8:11 AM
If anyone is willing to trade a Gochimu I would really appreciate it.
I don't have much to trade for but I have Mijumaru and Baoppu and possibly others?

Taichi
28th September 2010, 9:02 AM
Back to the thug pokemon:

Zuruzukin (560): They gang up on opponents that enter their territory and beat them to within an inch of their lives. They shoot an acidic bodily fluid from their mouths.

As I said before.

Pokemon Intruder

He's hidin' in the wild, snatchin' your poke's up
Tryna catch em all so ya'll need to
hide ya Smugleaf, hide ya Wotter
and hide ya Pignite cause they catchin' errbody out here.
You don't have to come and confess
we lookin' for you
WE GON' CATCH YOU! WE GON' CATCH YOU!
So you can run and tell dat.
Run and tell dat.
Run and tell dat, Homiechu
Homie, Homie, Homiechu.

Ophie
28th September 2010, 12:29 PM
Hey, I just found out Goruggo can learn Fly. How does a thing that huge fly?

Also, how long have people known that the next-to-last Pok&#233;mon is named Meloetta? Did the English name get leaked?

Rakurai
28th September 2010, 12:40 PM
Hey, I just found out Goruggo can learn Fly. How does a thing that huge fly?

It states in its dex entry that it does so via the energy core in its chest.

Many seem to believe its design is inspired by the giant robots that tend to be fairly commonplace in Japanese media, and flight is a rather common ability of those (And coincidentally, it's right next to Kirikizan in the dex, whose design seems to be inspired by those masked Japanese super heroes).

Sabonea_Masukippa
28th September 2010, 12:46 PM
Also, how long have people known that the next-to-last Pok&#233;mon is named Meloetta? Did the English name get leaked?

No, Meloetta is just the official romanization of the Japanese name (like Zoroa, Chillarmy, Tsutarja, and Musharna) - Meroetta. The official romanization, as a general rule, has little or no bearing on the English name.

However, since it's a legendary it's name is likely, if not guaranteed, to share that name in localization.

Many seem to believe its design is inspired by the giant robots that tend to be fairly commonplace in Japanese media, and flight is a rather common ability of those (And coincidentally, it's right next to Kirikizan in the dex, whose design seems to be inspired by those masked Japanese super heroes).

I thought Gobitto and Goluggo were based off of golems, like the regi trio. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golem

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/50/Clay-golem.jpg/220px-Clay-golem.jpg

mickey
28th September 2010, 12:59 PM
Do someone know what kind of Pok&#233;mon Beautiful Scale evolves?

WeWereGiants
28th September 2010, 1:06 PM
As I said before.

He's hidin' in the wild, snatchin' your poke's up
Tryna catch em all so ya'll need to
and hide ya Pignite cause they catchin' errbody out here.
You don't have to come and confess
we lookin' for you
WE GON' CATCH YOU! WE GON' CATCH YOU!
So you can run and tell dat.
Run and tell dat.
Run and tell dat, Homiechu
Homie, Homie, Homiechu.

*Applauds* I award you the internets.

Rakurai
28th September 2010, 1:09 PM
I thought Gobitto and Goluggo were based off of golems, like the regi trio. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golem

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/50/Clay-golem.jpg/220px-Clay-golem.jpg

I feel dumb for completely missing the fact that the "go" in the names of both Pokemon is probably referring to that.

Wouldn't be surprised if it was a mix of both, though, since flying through the skies at mach speed is something that tends to be associated more with giant robots.

Hejiru
28th September 2010, 1:16 PM
Do someone know what kind of Pokémon Beautiful Scale evolves?

You trade Feebas with it to evolve into Milotic, instead of raising beauty.

mickey
28th September 2010, 3:53 PM
You trade Feebas with it to evolve into Milotic, instead of raising beauty.

no! why?! T___T That's terrible, Feebas evolution was one of the most particular... :(

Did they invent any other evolutionary stones or objects? And what about new Pokéballs?

FireEmblemAddict
28th September 2010, 5:01 PM
no! why?! T___T That's terrible, Feebas evolution was one of the most particular... :(

Did they invent any other evolutionary stones or objects? And what about new Pokéballs?

Sadly there are no new evolutionary stones

LegitEagle
28th September 2010, 6:56 PM

LOL, thank you so much. I think i can take off aekosu out of my team now and put someone more badass (maybe that candelabrum).
Any suggestions? can be based off anything, looks, stats, type needs (would be the best option since i only care about stats after E4).

coolmotif30
28th September 2010, 7:40 PM
anyone know What pokemon from the newest generation aren't used as much in the game? What pokemon are more rare to be used by trainers?

Nacreous
28th September 2010, 8:29 PM
Where can I find all the animated sprites?

Lorde
28th September 2010, 8:36 PM

Why did they add this new method of evolution? Because there are no Beauty category in Pokemon Black and White and therefore, no way to make it evolve via the High Beauty method. I like the new evolutionary methods since they're easier in my opinion. I like that those new Bug-type Pokemon like Kapurumo only evolve via being traded for the opposite Bug-type Pokemon. That's creative lol.

Endless
28th September 2010, 8:47 PM
Where can I find all the animated sprites?

Armaina (http://armaina.com/pokemon/) have alot of them, but not all.

Anyway does anybody know when and where the Sugimori artwork is released?

Nacreous
28th September 2010, 8:50 PM
Armaina (http://armaina.com/pokemon/) have alot of them, but not all.

Thanx^____^

Lorde
28th September 2010, 8:54 PM

For the new Isshu Pokemon? Most likely within the next few months. The main site for Pokemon should have updates with several of the Isshu Pokemon's artwork monthly. I suppose we could get the artwork from the guidebooks too, but nobody seems to have those at the moment. I want to see Kokoromori's artwork and Kyurem's artwork too since those Pokemon are also my favorites now. Every other Pokemon I like already has had their artwork revealed :s

Endless
28th September 2010, 8:57 PM
For the new Isshu Pokemon? Most likely within the next few months. The main site for Pokemon should have updates with several of the Isshu Pokemon's artwork monthly. I suppose we could get the artwork from the guidebooks too, but nobody seems to have those at the moment. I want to see Kokoromori's artwork and Kyurem's artwork too since those Pokemon are also my favorites now. Every other Pokemon I like already has had their artwork revealed :s
In a few months? Well that isn't too long, but wait a second, are the guides already out? I also want to see Kyurem's artwork and the genies', maybe I finally can see their hands. Anyway, thanks.

RedMage23
28th September 2010, 8:58 PM
Sugimori needs time to create, and we just have to accept that.

Nacreous
28th September 2010, 9:02 PM
Sugimori needs time to create, and we just have to accept that.

Aren't the sprites based on the Sugimori art?>.>

Lorde
28th September 2010, 9:07 PM
In a few months? Well that isn't too long, but wait a second, are the guides already out? I also want to see Kyurem's artwork and the genies', maybe I finally can see their hands. Anyway, thanks.

I have no idea whether or not the guidebooks for Pokemon Black and White are out yet. I've asked around but I haven't heard an answer. If they were out though, I think we could have expected the Ken Sugimori artwork to be posted via scans but that hasn't happened yet. I think the artwork has been finished for months, they just never release it to the public en masse for some reason. I really want to see all the new Isshu Pokemon's Ken Sugimori artwork though since it will help me appreciate their designs. I'm looking at you Derpfish :]

Full Metal Artificer
29th September 2010, 12:40 AM
Has there been an explanation for the large amounts of Pokemon that evolve very late in the 5th gen? Poor Washibon and Bachurai, simple Bird Pokemon, don't evolve until 54, Komatana until 52, Kojofuu 50, Monzou 50 and then 64, and even the Fire/Bug type Meraruba doesn't evolve until 59! It seems like the further down the Pokemon are in the 'Dex, the later they evolve.

BCVM22
29th September 2010, 12:46 AM
What sort of explanation were you expecting?

Deicario
29th September 2010, 12:50 AM
Sadly there are no new evolutionary stones
I actually find that a good thing. I'd rather use the stones we already have then continuasly pumping out more stones that serve the same purpose.

On a side note, I love how Antheater's White pokedex entry describes how they like to eat Irants. You gotta melt the steel body first, you know.

Full Metal Artificer
29th September 2010, 12:58 AM
What sort of explanation were you expecting?

I don't know, something similar to the whole 'evolution' theme of 4th Generation, explaining all of the new evolutions of old Pokemon?

Deicario
29th September 2010, 1:05 AM
Monzou 50 and then 64, and even the Fire/Bug type Meraruba doesn't evolve until 59! It seems like the further down the Pokemon are in the 'Dex, the later they evolve.

Pseudo Legendarys always evolve late. And Meraruba is somewhat different due to it only being obtainable via egg or catching its evo post Elite 4 (you can only catch one anyway). Its like they were intending it to be psuedo legendary or some other ranking of high status.

Lorde
29th September 2010, 1:25 AM
Has there been an explanation for the large amounts of Pokemon that evolve very late in the 5th gen? Poor Washibon and Bachurai, simple Bird Pokemon, don't evolve until 54, Komatana until 52, Kojofuu 50, Monzou 50 and then 64, and even the Fire/Bug type Meraruba doesn't evolve until 59! It seems like the further down the Pokemon are in the 'Dex, the later they evolve.

Huh, I just barely noticed that Washibon doesn't evolve into Wargle until level 54. Kind of annoying but at least Wargle can be found in the wild so there's no real need to evolve a Washibon. I dislike this new trend and how it seems that half of the new Isshu region Pokemon evolve extremely late. Shibishirasu is one such case since it doesn't evolve until level 39 and aquatic Pokemon don't usually evolve so late. There's also all the examples you listed too but my main concern is that fish Pokemon since it's hard to find to start with.

Deicario
29th September 2010, 1:26 AM
Huh, I just barely noticed that Washibon doesn't evolve into Wargle until level 54. Kind of annoying but at least Wargle can be found in the wild so there's no real need to evolve a Washibon. I dislike this new trend and how it seems that half of the new Isshu region Pokemon evolve extremely late. Shibishirasu is one such case since it doesn't evolve until level 39 and aquatic Pokemon don't usually evolve so late. There's also all the examples you listed too but my main concern is that fish Pokemon since it's hard to find to start with.

Not to mention it only learns 4 or so moves.

Varnani
29th September 2010, 1:30 AM
they evolve until level WHAT?!
boy that sure is a lot of patience! I hope I don't stuff them in a box forever before that XD

razz

Lee-san
29th September 2010, 1:39 AM
Yeah, they evolve pretty late, but you also catch at rather high levels, so no harm done there, really.

Mr. E Goods
29th September 2010, 1:41 AM
I think it is just because a lot of the pokemon are stronger thasn those of previous gens. Take the bug types as an example. They are way stronger than Butterfree/Dustox etc. so they evolve later. Also it adds greater difficulty to the game. I dont like however, how long it takes to get a Wargle.

SergeiDragunov
29th September 2010, 1:44 AM
Yeah, it is odd how all these Pokemon evolve super-late compared to previous gens. But y'know it's not a huge deal, because even not fully evolved most of these guys are decently strong.

tinyhulk
29th September 2010, 1:53 AM
have we discussed what we speculate the english names will be?
:)

Deicario
29th September 2010, 2:11 AM
Well, I've been thinking of a few.
Desukaan-Deathkhan
Shiburudon-Eelectric
The Anteater whose name I cannot remember right now-Antheater
Varujiina-Predacaw (even though its a scavenger)
I just like making puns, really.

BCVM22
29th September 2010, 2:16 AM
have we discussed what we speculate the english names will be?
:)

Good god, I hope not.

R_N
29th September 2010, 2:17 AM
I don't know, something similar to the whole 'evolution' theme of 4th Generation, explaining all of the new evolutions of old Pokemon?

They probably evolve later because a good majority of Gen 5 Pokemon are really strong. Spreading the levels makes you (1) use that specific form for longer & ~bond~ and (2) steadies the power throughout your game so you don't wind up with god-tier Pokemon by gym <whatever>

KickAsh
Yeah, it is odd how all these Pokemon evolve super-late compared to previous gens. But y'know it's not a huge deal, because even not fully evolved most of these guys are decently strong.
Not to mention adorable. Washibon is great. I'll be happy to have a Washibon for 54 levels, especially since the fruit of my lavors will be Wargle.
And yeah, they're strong.

I think Game Freak made the evolutions at such a high levels to answer to call for more difficult games. Because they can't put 7 year olds through insanely hard Gyms, but they can put them through high level evolutions.

Deicario
Good god, I hope not.

It could be worse. We could be discussing the starters again.

R_N
29th September 2010, 2:33 AM
Not to mention adorable. Washibon is great. I'll be happy to have a Washibon for 54 levels, especially since the fruit of my lavors will be Wargle.
And yeah, they're strong.

I think Game Freak made the evolutions at such a high levels to answer to call for more difficult games. Because they can't put 7 year olds through insanely hard Gyms, but they can put them through high level evolutions.

You won't be seeing Washibon for 54 levels. Probably more like mid 20s

KickAsh
29th September 2010, 2:41 AM
You won't be seeing Washibon for 54 levels. Probably more like mid 20s
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Washibon_(Pok&#37;C3%A9mon)

Rakurai
29th September 2010, 2:42 AM
Wild Washibon range from the high 30s to low 40s, due to them being found just before Victory Road.

R_N
29th September 2010, 3:08 AM
Wild Washibon range from the high 30s to low 40s, due to them being found just before Victory Road.

This is what I meant. Unless you decide to breed one, you will probably only have it as a Washibon for a short time

Deicario
29th September 2010, 3:30 AM
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Washibon_(Pok%C3%A9mon)
In any case, you would only need to train it for 53 levels as it evolves at 54.
Have I mentioned how much I like Zebraika?

jonathon_xx
29th September 2010, 3:58 AM
I'm in love with Dasutodasu.

RedMage23
29th September 2010, 4:46 AM
Same, I feckin love that bag of trash.

CyndaquilRules
29th September 2010, 4:57 AM
He just looks so friendly..

KurowaSan
29th September 2010, 5:05 AM
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:TICijkXrSDji3M:http://animeclick.lycos.it/prove/serie/KateikyoushiHitmanReborn/KateikyoushiHitmanReborn3.jpg&t=1

iamUNOWN
29th September 2010, 5:14 AM
i cant wait for pokemon black english to come out :) the battle scenes are way cooler

Deicario
29th September 2010, 5:24 AM
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:TICijkXrSDji3M:http://animeclick.lycos.it/prove/serie/KateikyoushiHitmanReborn/KateikyoushiHitmanReborn3.jpg&t=1
Is that Tauros?!

CyndaquilRules
29th September 2010, 5:30 AM

What?...........

R_N
29th September 2010, 5:37 AM
He just looks so friendly..

The poisonous death gas is his way of showing his love!

MetalFlygon08
29th September 2010, 5:40 AM
seems like the kind of Pokemon to hang out in a dark ally, offering free lolipops he dug out of his body, and when the children come up, he puts them in his mouth, which seems to be based off a kitchen Garbage Disposal (the blades at least).

Deicario
29th September 2010, 5:47 AM
The poisonous death gas is his way of showing his love!

Of course it is. Just like in Elmo In Grouchland.

KurowaSan
29th September 2010, 6:00 AM
What?...........

It's Lambo from Katekyo Hitman Reborn. I can't help but think of him when I see Buffaron.

koolhk
29th September 2010, 8:32 AM
Does anyone know how I catch Banipucchi because I am in the freeze container and I am not running into any Pokemon?

Lorde
29th September 2010, 8:38 AM
Does anyone know how I catch Banipucchi because I am in the freeze container and I am not running into any Pokemon?

That's the little ice cream Pokemon right? It doesn't appear in the Freezer Container; it appears outside in the grass. I've found several and they're really easy to find and capture. I said I disliked that whole evolutionary line and I really do but I thought it would be good to add them to the PokeDex regardless since it's necessary to progress through the games and whatever. Still, I might take a liking to them when their Ken Sugimori artwork is finally revealed.

Sabonea_Masukippa
29th September 2010, 8:58 AM
The PGL website will now not return until October 4th at around noon (could be earlier or later) and when it does return it will have these functions:

1. The Global Battle Union
2. The customizable skins for the C-Gear and the Dex.
3. The Safe E-mail system and profile pages.

The Dream World is planned to return the week of October 11 but they don't want to put it up until they can guarantee that it will be able to cope with server demands. They will let us know later exactly which day this feature is planned to come back online.

In order to cope better they're placing the following restrictions on the Dream World:

1. Limiting access to the Dream World to people who have purchased a copy of BW and you will be required to enter your Game Sync ID Code into the settings page of your profile.
2. Limiting access to 1 hour per user per day. They will give more specific details of this limitation at a later date.
3. Although data from before the 19th has been saved, they appearing to be changing one part of the system/information/play-feature or something. (They're being vague, I dunno what they've changed exactly).

The Pokemon Pia Kanto Starters will be able to be gotten from the start of the Dream World functioning again, and will be available until the 11:59PM on the 31st of March, 2011.

The Pikachu C-Gear Skin (for those who voted in the "Pokemon I Wanna Meet Poll") will be available from October 4th until 11:59 January 31st, 2011.

The Yahoo Pokemon Collection Chillarmy C-Gear Skin will occur from October 8th.

And (most importantly) the Pokemon Daisuki Club Eevee Evolutions will be available for meeting from October 20th until 11:59 January 31st, 2011.

Throughout the whole article they apologize profusely and emphasize that the service will work much better and for everyone once it goes live once more.

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/info/2010/09/at100929_01.html

koolhk
29th September 2010, 9:11 AM
That's the little ice cream Pokemon right? It doesn't appear in the Freezer Container; it appears outside in the grass. I've found several and they're really easy to find and capture. I said I disliked that whole evolutionary line and I really do but I thought it would be good to add them to the PokeDex regardless since it's necessary to progress through the games and whatever. Still, I might take a liking to them when their Ken Sugimori artwork is finally revealed.

Thank-you so much, I just caught one (I love the line)^_^

Nacreous
29th September 2010, 9:38 AM
I want more Sugimori art!>.>

Corroded Arceus
29th September 2010, 10:03 AM
One thing I'm really suprised about is the fact that the little tadpole guy has such a derpy face, yet I haven't seen anyone shoop him onto anything. Real pity it is.

I came up with some of my own using his face from some fan art:

http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx186/CorrodedArceus/explotedspongebob.jpg
http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx186/CorrodedArceus/Pikachuexploitable.jpg
http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx186/CorrodedArceus/Pinkyexploitable.jpg

And here's a clean face if you wanna make your own:

http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx186/CorrodedArceus/Ohexploitabletransparent.png

Feel free to PM me if you make up any funny ones. :)

Rakurai
29th September 2010, 10:33 AM
The PGL website will now not return until October 4th at around noon (could be earlier or later) and when it does return it will have these functions:

1. The Global Battle Union
2. The customizable skins for the C-Gear and the Dex.
3. The Safe E-mail system and profile pages.

The Dream World is planned to return the week of October 11 but they don't want to put it up until they can guarantee that it will be able to cope with server demands. They will let us know later exactly which day this feature is planned to come back online.

In order to cope better they're placing the following restrictions on the Dream World:

1. Limiting access to the Dream World to people who have purchased a copy of BW and you will be required to enter your Game Sync ID Code into the settings page of your profile.
2. Limiting access to 1 hour per user per day. They will give more specific details of this limitation at a later date.
3. Although data from before the 19th has been saved, they appearing to be changing one part of the system/information/play-feature or something. (They're being vague, I dunno what they've changed exactly).

The Pokemon Pia Kanto Starters will be able to be gotten from the start of the Dream World functioning again, and will be available until the 11:59PM on the 31st of March, 2011.

The Pikachu C-Gear Skin (for those who voted in the "Pokemon I Wanna Meet Poll") will be available from October 4th until 11:59 January 31st, 2011.

The Yahoo Pokemon Collection Chillarmy C-Gear Skin will occur from October 8th.

And (most importantly) the Pokemon Daisuki Club Eevee Evolutions will be available for meeting from October 20th until 11:59 January 31st, 2011.

Throughout the whole article they apologize profusely and emphasize that the service will work much better and for everyone once it goes live once more.

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/info/2010/09/at100929_01.html

It saddens me that I must wait even longer for one of the things I was looking forward to most in B/W.

Ophie
29th September 2010, 11:37 AM
Whoa, that's some pretty cool stuff they're adding. The restrictions are kind of a bummer though, especially with the 1-hour-per-day limit. I can understand restricting access to those with Black/White though.

But I would've preferred if anyone can get limited access, but to get full access, you'd need Black/White. How would game synchronization work?

mickey
29th September 2010, 11:56 AM
Nobody knows if there will bel new kind of Pokéballs?

Deicario
29th September 2010, 3:51 PM
Nobody knows if there will bel new kind of Pokéballs?

Nope. Just the Dream Ball which is used to catch Dream World Pokemon.

R_N
29th September 2010, 5:52 PM
Whoa, that's some pretty cool stuff they're adding. The restrictions are kind of a bummer though, especially with the 1-hour-per-day limit. I can understand restricting access to those with Black/White though.

But I would've preferred if anyone can get limited access, but to get full access, you'd need Black/White. How would game synchronization work?

That's how it was before. It probably didn't help the server strain.

At least 2 million (and counting!) people that actually bought the game is big enough strain itself. Then you add in the people that wanted to try it out without the game and oh dear everything is in flames

RedMage23
29th September 2010, 5:54 PM
I'm glad about all the restrictions EXCEPT for one hour a day. Seriously, one hour? That sucks.

R_N
29th September 2010, 6:18 PM
To be fair, would you really need to spend more then one hour?
I mean...really?

LexSuicune
29th September 2010, 6:23 PM
I still don't get what the dream world's about.

Ekans786
29th September 2010, 6:30 PM
Hey I know daruma line is based on voodo dolls but are they also apes?

The tadpole is very cute.

Slowemperor
29th September 2010, 7:37 PM
Hey I know daruma line is based on voodo dolls but are they also apes?

The tadpole is very cute.

It's daruma dolls actually, no voodoo involved.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daruma_doll

No voodoo, just Zen Buddhism.

The apes?
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RuleOfCool

And I actually don't find the tadpole cute... his face is freaky... looks like a smiley or those faces from the cubes in the 7th movie or a smiley or a weird-ditto-face or a smiley.

guitalex
29th September 2010, 8:11 PM
I still don't get what the dream world's about.You mean the use or what it is?

The use: to get Pokemon not obtainable in the games, also obtain Pokemon that ARE obtainable in the games. However, most of them come with a new third ability which makes people in the metagame cry tears of joy and bite their nails at the same time.

What it is: you sync your game save using the Game Sync feature (after you do the Munna thing in the Abandoned Lot to the east of the first gym, you need Cut). Once you do that (in the main menu, not in the game), you're given a code to enter on the website.

You need an account with them (not hard to make one, I have one) in the Daisuki Club to sync your game to your account. Then you go in the game, use the C-Gear to sync your game and you can send one of your Pokemon to sleep.

Go to the website, log on and play mini games with other Pokemon. Cuteness aside, if you befriend them, they will be sent to your game save.

After they are sent, simply enter the C-Gear's High Link, go all the way north into the forest and search for your new pals, throw some easy balls at them and boom.

Lorde
29th September 2010, 8:26 PM
The Dream World Pokemon don't really impress me much. At the moment, there are way too many new Pokemon to take my attention away from older Pokemon with new abilities and stuff. Anyway, would anyone know what kind of real life animal that new Bug Pokemon Chobomaki is based off of? Is it a clam or something?

MetalFlygon08
29th September 2010, 8:41 PM
It's the knight helmet thing right? I'm pretty sure it's an Oyster.

Mr.Munchlax
29th September 2010, 9:21 PM
The Dream World Pokemon don't really impress me much. At the moment, there are way too many new Pokemon to take my attention away from older Pokemon with new abilities and stuff. Anyway, would anyone know what kind of real life animal that new Bug Pokemon Chobomaki is based off of? Is it a clam or something?

I'm actually interested in getting the newer ones from the dream world

Slowemperor
29th September 2010, 9:26 PM
Does the higher levels for evolutions makes a great impact in the game? Is it considerably harder or just slightly?
I didn't liked it, as I prefer evos a little bit sooner, but it might make things more interesting....

Lorde
29th September 2010, 9:27 PM
It's the knight helmet thing right? I'm pretty sure it's an Oyster.

http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/616.png

Yeah, it's name is Chobomaki, at least that's what it says on the main site haha. I just tend to call this new little Bug-type, "Lips" for obvious reasons. I don't think it's an oyster though; didn't we get an oyster Pokemon already (Cloyster)? I think it's some form of clam though why there's a bug inside is really a mystery to me :[

CyndaquilRules
29th September 2010, 9:31 PM
http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/616.png

Yeah, t's name is Chobomaki, at least that's what it says on the main site haha. I just tend to call this little Bug-type, "Lips" for obvious reasons. I don't think it's an oyster though; didn't we get an oyster Pokemon already (Cloyster)? I think it's some form of clam though why there's a bug inside is really a mystery to me :[

We've also gotten several pigs, monkeys, and other animals before to. We've even gotten a fire monkey before also..

MetalFlygon08
29th September 2010, 9:37 PM
fire monkey?

pssh Game Freak would never do that more than once~

anywho, mabye becuase clams have that soft sluglike inerds.

CyndaquilRules
29th September 2010, 9:49 PM
Infernape, Boappu and evo and Hihidaruma. They look like fire monkeys.

Metfalflygon was being sarcastic.

Dracoste
29th September 2010, 9:50 PM
Metfalflygon was being sarcastic.

I know, a bit too late. that's why I deleted it. It's a little hard to see sarcasm right away.

Aether13
29th September 2010, 10:03 PM
I'm actually interested in getting the newer ones from the dream world

I'm also looking forward to some like Speed boost blaziken but some just have stupid abilities.

Lorde
29th September 2010, 10:10 PM
anywho, mabye becuase clams have that soft sluglike inerds.

I guess that's a valid point haha. It just seems like a total stretch not to give Chobomaki the Water-type even though it's found in aquatic environments like marshes, swamps, and puddles. It gets the Bug-type because of what's inside it's body, I get that, but it should have gotten the Water-type because of it's habitat. Same goes for tons of other Pokemon like Maggyo who is also found in an aquatic habitat in Black and White.

Dracoste
29th September 2010, 10:29 PM
I guess that's a valid point haha. It just seems like a total stretch not to give Chobomaki the Water-type even though it's found in aquatic environments like marshes, swamps, and puddles. It gets the Bug-type because of what's inside it's body, I get that, but it should have gotten the Water-type because of it's habitat..

But the evo of chobomaki is a ninja, not a clamp, so that's why it didn't had the water type.

MetalFlygon08
29th September 2010, 10:31 PM
becuase Pokemon seldom lose a type during Evolution (I personally think it's based on a mummy, since clams die when they loose their shells iirc)

Dracoste
29th September 2010, 10:40 PM
(I personally think it's based on a mummy, since clams die when they loose their shells iirc)

http://armaina.com/pokemon/Agirudaa%20Front.gif
It does..."floats". and what is that big "scratch" on his head actually?

Aerophoenix
29th September 2010, 11:08 PM
I think with that trade evolution, it's like "switching" from one to the other, because the pre-evos seem to fit the other's evolution better (two armoured bugs, two darker bugs).

Crimson_Blazer
30th September 2010, 12:19 AM
Chobomaki might be based on a nautilus

Lee-san
30th September 2010, 12:42 AM
I think with that trade evolution, it's like "switching" from one to the other, because the pre-evos seem to fit the other's evolution better (two armoured bugs, two darker bugs).

Exactly, the idea is that during the trade they switch their respective shells, this is why their evolutions seem weird at first glance.

Royalty
30th September 2010, 12:43 AM
Is anyone surprised that there are no new Eevee evolutions? I know that there was the big disclaimer that stated there would be no old Pokemon found until after the national dex and all...but I'm shocked there aren't any new Eeveelutions. It would have made perfect sense for an entirely different and disconnected area to have new forms, be it from a new stone or two, new level up rocks, or other random new methods. I just figured that you'd fight trainers that just had the evolved forms and you'd be gifted an Eevee like older generations.
I'm not bummed or anything because I did find them to be a nuisance since you'd have to breed and hatch new Eevee puppies to get all forms. But, it was a nice little personal side quest and there have been new ones with each generation. :/

Some_Chick
30th September 2010, 12:46 AM
i dont recall any eeveelutions in Gen 3.

umbreon and espeon were gen 2, then Glaceon and Leafeon were gen 4.

R_N
30th September 2010, 1:11 AM
Exactly, the idea is that during the trade they switch their respective shells, this is why their evolutions seem weird at first glance.

They don't switch shells. The blue beetle forcefully steals the shell from Chobomaki.
Chobomaki's evolution doesn't have a shell at all. Though now I'm curious as to how it would look with the proper armor.

Lorde
30th September 2010, 1:16 AM
Chobomaki might be based on a nautilus

Based on this thing (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nautilus)? I don't know if I'd believe that. There are definitely some similarities between Chobomaki and a nautilus, like the shell, but it's still not enough to make me think that Chobomaki is based entirely on one. It still raises the question of why Chobomaki isn't a Water-type if it is indeed based on a marine creature like the nautilus :x

Charzonsos
30th September 2010, 1:26 AM
Based on this thing (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nautilus)? I don't know if I'd believe that. There are definitely some similarities between Chobomaki and a nautilus, like the shell, but it's still not enough to make me think that Chobomaki is based entirely on one. It still raises the question of why Chobomaki isn't a Water-type if it is indeed based on a marine creature like the nautilus :x

I sorta see resemblance. Also, concerning the typing, this gen lots of Pokemon that looked like water types weren't. The ele and ground/electric fish come to mind.

Grei
30th September 2010, 1:26 AM
(I personally think it's based on a mummy, since clams die when they loose their shells iirc)

Maybe that's what's inside of Desukahn! O.O

Chobomaki's evolution looked like a shrimp when I first saw it, but I like the ninja mummy idea more. It makes a little more sense.

Royalty
30th September 2010, 2:33 AM
i dont recall any eeveelutions in Gen 3.

umbreon and espeon were gen 2, then Glaceon and Leafeon were gen 4.

Oh...haha...nevermind. I was uh...um...testing you. ;)
Playing since Pokemon Blue has sort of burred all the Generations in to one big batch. I forgot they have been an every-other release.

I'd still love for there to be a Dragon-Dog and a Ghost-Dog. :D

Deicario
30th September 2010, 2:37 AM
I just realized that Desukhan's pre evo actually has a head and eyes above the mask! I just thought it was like a spirit holding the mask.

LexSuicune
30th September 2010, 2:47 AM
Deathmas is full of surprises e3e

Full Metal Artificer
30th September 2010, 2:51 AM
I sorta see resemblance. Also, concerning the typing, this gen lots of Pokemon that looked like water types weren't. The ele and ground/electric fish come to mind.

They're probably making up for the fact that 4th Gen was almost entirely dominated by Water types. I have no complaints, I really hated 4th Gen for that. In D/P/Pt the only pre-National Dex fire types were the Fire Starter and Ponyta!

Deicario
30th September 2010, 2:54 AM
They're probably making up for the fact that 4th Gen was almost entirely dominated by Water types. I have no complaints, I really hated 4th Gen for that. In D/P/Pt the only pre-National Dex fire types were the Fire Starter and Ponyta!

DP, yeah. Not Platinum though. Flareon, Magby and Houndour were catchable pre league.

Lord_Kain
30th September 2010, 3:06 AM
imo gen 4 is definitely the worst so far, when you take away all the legendaries and pkmn that are related to old ones, you only have about 70. thats not much to choose from, and i hate using/dont use pkmn that dont "belong" to the game im playing.

this one is great. second only the the original. everything is new, and you wont find any old ones until the Ndex. i cant wait for these to come out in english.

Ophie
30th September 2010, 3:11 AM
http://armaina.com/pokemon/Agirudaa%20Front.gif
It does..."floats". and what is that big "scratch" on his head actually?

I think that's an emblem on its head. Looks like it's wearing a ninja hood of some sort, except brightly colored so it's more like a mask. Masks can have all sorts of decorations on them, so I think this is what that mark is.

Unless you mean the stripes. Though I think those, too, are decorations.

LexSuicune
30th September 2010, 3:34 AM
More of a hood, it's a Shell-helmet.

[aka]
30th September 2010, 3:38 AM
Chobomaki, I dub thee, "Shellmet".

Kuraikarasu
30th September 2010, 3:41 AM

no its a shell-met X)

anywho I personally dislike maggyo's disign its...to....forgetable

Centipod128
30th September 2010, 3:50 AM
I see that they made the 5th generation the age of bug, steel, and ghost types. Thats great, because they just lingered in the 1st-4th generations.

MetalFlygon08
30th September 2010, 4:23 AM
Well America does have a LOT of bugs, and steel, so it's natural.

Who here bets the Oil Tycoon Gym Leader has a Gigiasu he uses soley for bringing up Oil in the Desert?

Lorde
30th September 2010, 4:26 AM
I see that they made the 5th generation the age of bug, steel, and ghost types. Thats great, because they just lingered in the 1st-4th generations.

I think they just had too much time on their hands so they gave the Pokemon crazy type combinations. Chobomaki could have easily gotten the Water-type instead but Game Freak probably thought they should go in the other direction and give it the Bug-type. The new jellyfish Pokemon could have easily just been Water-types as well; there was no need to add Ghost. Same goes for several other Pokemon in this Generation that got odd types like Maggyo who is a Ground/Electric-type fish Pokemon just to make people angry which it does so well with it's animated sprite already.

MetalFlygon08
30th September 2010, 5:31 AM
Jellyfish being Ghost makes sense, since the 'Ghost' type isn't ghost as in dead, but ghost as in ghostly appearance and/or abilities, and jellyfish have ghost like properties (albeit water/electric would make as much sense)

Corroded Arceus
30th September 2010, 5:43 AM
Wait, people are complaining about weird type combinations?

I'm personally really excited about the new odd combinations. Fire/Bug, Fire/Ghost, Water/Ghost and Ground/Electric are all really unique. My only beef is that Pendorra would have made an awesome Bug/Dark type, but I guess since it's a poisonous centipede it makes sense.

As for the ninja bug guy, I understand why its not a water type. Land snails are mollusks just as some of the underwater creatures are. They have a very close family relation. So it makes sense that they look kinda water type like.

O Fortuna
30th September 2010, 5:43 AM
I think they just had too much time on their hands so they gave the Pokemon crazy type combinations. Chobomaki could have easily gotten the Water-type instead but Game Freak probably thought they should go in the other direction and give it the Bug-type. The new jellyfish Pokemon could have easily just been Water-types as well; there was no need to add Ghost. Same goes for several other Pokemon in this Generation that got odd types like Maggyo who is a Ground/Electric-type fish Pokemon just to make people angry which it does so well with it's animated sprite already.

You're absolutely right. Maggyo is Ground/Electric just to make people angry.

I would think the new and unusual type combinations we have in the gen should be welcomed - Bug/Fire, Water/Ghost, Fire/Ghost, Grass/Electric, Grass/Steel, Steel/Dark, Dark/Fighting... They are certainly more interesting than repeated Normal/Flying and Rock/Ground typings.

I am still holding on to hope that the next generation (I know, early to be thinking of it) will give us a Normal/Ghost and a Psychic/Poison.

RedMage23
30th September 2010, 6:01 AM
It's not really early. When people see everything there is to know about a certain generation, they find things that are missing and hope for them in the next.

Aether13
30th September 2010, 6:19 AM
You're absolutely right. Maggyo is Ground/Electric just to make people angry.

I would think the new and unusual type combinations we have in the gen should be welcomed - Bug/Fire, Water/Ghost, Fire/Ghost, Grass/Electric, Grass/Steel, Steel/Dark, Dark/Fighting... They are certainly more interesting than repeated Normal/Flying and Rock/Ground typings.

I am still holding on to hope that the next generation (I know, early to be thinking of it) will give us a Normal/Ghost and a Psychic/Poison.

Yeah a psychic/poison is definitely needed in the next gen.

BCVM22
30th September 2010, 7:26 AM
I think they just had too much time on their hands so they gave the Pokemon crazy type combinations.

"Too much time on their hands". I think you're getting very good at coming up for possible reasons why Game Freak made decisions not adherent to your specific parameters.

Chobomaki could have easily gotten the Water-type instead but Game Freak probably thought they should go in the other direction and give it the Bug-type.

How dare they not add another Pokémon to a type that easily populates a quarter of the Pokédex.

The new jellyfish Pokemon could have easily just been Water-types as well; there was no need to add Ghost.

"Need" is just noise. Jellyfish are often transparent and ethereal in appearances. Makes sense to me.

Same goes for several other Pokemon in this Generation that got odd types like Maggyo who is a Ground/Electric-type fish Pokemon just to make people angry which it does so well with it's animated sprite already.

It is part Ground-type because it hides in the sand at the bottom of the water, like real fish of its ilk, and part Electric-type because it'll put a major league hurtin' on you if you step on it. Sometimes you have to use the two type slots to better get a concept across instead of automatically saying "fish = Water".

Claiming it was done "just to make people angry" is just childish.

MetalFlygon08
30th September 2010, 8:16 AM
Also think of it, most fish can sense electro-stuff in the water (don't sharks have a special organ for it?) so this sits in the sand and waits, sensing the prey approaching, and if it's powerful, it lets it pass, and it also has those pointy side fins, probally the bone in them is similar to the britsles of a Jolteon's fur.

Corroded Arceus
30th September 2010, 8:27 AM
The fact that flounderp is Electric/Ground also reinstates the fact that not everything in the sea needs a water type, something reinforced by the Electric lamprey line. It's the same as Rhydon, for example. It's a Rock/Ground type, and lives in magma and volcanoes. While this makes sense as lava is moltern rock, notice it's not a fire type.

Farfetch'd is also a duck, and is Normal/Flying, despite the fact that it is shown in water in the anime with other water types.

murkrowrob
30th September 2010, 8:57 AM
Why are we complaining about the typing. We're getting more original-ness this generation and, regarding the lamprey, if he was water we'd either have another wat/gro or another wat/ele. I like the typing.... just not the design.

I was hoping deukan would've been steel for amazing defensive typing to combine with its amazing defence, but meh....

Clay Psyduck
30th September 2010, 9:10 AM
Why are we complaining about the typing. We're getting more original-ness this generation and, regarding the lamprey, if he was water we'd either have another wat/gro or another wat/ele. I like the typing.... just not the design.

I was hoping deukan would've been steel for amazing defensive typing to combine with its amazing defence, but meh....

Who knows?

I didn't know types had to be completely relevant to what a Pokemon is/looks like.

Apparently being original is just TOO CRAZY.

Just like how people are sad we aren't getting new evolution stones.

Personally, I'd prefer we use the ones we have.

I mean, for 4 generations, the Thunder Stone only evolved Pikachu and Eevee.

Nacreous
30th September 2010, 9:14 AM

Becuz people like to complain about everything>.>

Lorde
30th September 2010, 9:29 AM
Also think of it, most fish can sense electro-stuff in the water (don't sharks have a special organ for it?) so this sits in the sand and waits, sensing the prey approaching, and if it's powerful, it lets it pass, and it also has those pointy side fins, probally the bone in them is similar to the britsles of a Jolteon's fur.

I know sharks have an organ for sensing electrical currents in the water, but I wasn't aware that all fish were equiped with these organs. Guess you learn something new everyday. Still, basing a Pokemon like Maggyo on a ray and an organ for sensing electrical currents is an interesting road to take. Why even give it the Ground-type then, just because it sits at the bottom of the sea in the sand? If that was their thought process, I can't fault them there; at least they're getting creative :x

Mr. E Goods
30th September 2010, 10:37 AM
Becuz people like to complain about everything>.>

Complaining is good, without it this thread would not exist anymore.

http://veekun.com:81/dex/media/black-white/558.png This pokemon has found my heart. It is so reatarded having a massive block of... limestone on its back instead of a shell, I love it. This is what pokemon is all about. Having weird and out of place pokemon.

I really wish time would speed up so it will come out in Australia already :( I will have to stare at Veekun and read about everyone else's recent happenings while I wait in complete jealousy and impatience.

BCVM22
30th September 2010, 10:43 AM

That's both inaccurate and poor logic.

Ophie
30th September 2010, 12:35 PM
First time I've ever seen someone say they're unhappy with new type changes. It sounds somewhat....inconsistent.

O Fortuna
30th September 2010, 1:13 PM
Just to put things in perspective when it comes to new type combinations, there are 135 type combinations available in Pokemon.

RGBY gave us 22 type combinations.
GSC gave us 18 new type combinations, including the addition of Steel typing to the Magnemite line.
RSE gave us 18 new type combinations.
DPPt gave us 13 new type combinations, as well as our first pure-Flying type.
BW gave us 21 new type combinations, including the three new typings available with the changes made to Rotom's alternate forms.

There are 43 possible type combinations remaining to be utilised. Some of them prove to be amazing (Ghost/Normal, Ghost/Steel), some prove to be interesting (Dragon/Fighting, Fighting/Flying, Poison/Psychic, Normal/Poison) and some are just terrible and should not be seen (Fire/Ice, Fire/Poison, Ice/Rock, Bug/Ice).

What is my point? Precedence shows there will be plenty of new type combinations if and when the sixth generation is released, and they can get a hell of a lot weirder than a Ground/Electric flatfish.

Zhanton
30th September 2010, 1:27 PM
There are 43 possible type combinations remaining to be utilised. Some of them prove to be amazing (Ghost/Normal, Ghost/Steel), some prove to be interesting (Dragon/Fighting, Fighting/Flying, Poison/Psychic, Normal/Poison) and some are just terrible and should not be seen (Fire/Ice, Fire/Poison, Ice/Rock, Bug/Ice).
How are Fire/Ice, Fire/Poison, Ice/Rock and Bug/Ice terrible and not to be seen? They are just as interesting as Dragon/Fighting, Fighting/Flying, Poison/Psychic and Normal/Poison.

O Fortuna
30th September 2010, 1:43 PM
How are Fire/Ice, Fire/Poison, Ice/Rock and Bug/Ice terrible and not to be seen? They are just as interesting as Dragon/Fighting, Fighting/Flying, Poison/Psychic and Normal/Poison.

That is a fair question and you're right, they are interesting typings. I should've clarified that they are typings I am not particularly excited for, due to being poor defensively, especially Bug/Ice. I am not fond of typing combinations with more than one dual weakness. This is something which has made me delay using a Hahakomori.

Zhanton
30th September 2010, 2:12 PM
That is a fair question and you're right, they are interesting typings. I should've clarified that they are typings I am not particularly excited for, due to being poor defensively, especially Bug/Ice. I am not fond of typing combinations with more than one dual weakness. This is something which has made me delay using a Hahakomori.

Ohh, okay, I gotcha. Of course, I go for a Pokemon's aesthetic features over its battle skills [which is why I'm fond of Pokemon like Jumpluff, Lopunny, Noctowl, Furret, Aipom (over Ambipom), Hahakomori, etc]. I was thrilled at the new type combo's, to be honest.

LexSuicune
30th September 2010, 5:41 PM
I for one I'm extremely happy about some of the new whacky typings, Fire/Bug, Water/Ghost, Grass/Steel, Ground/Electric, all of'em.

davidxrawr
30th September 2010, 6:02 PM
okay well First of all i would liek to take back some hate from gen IV. I recently started playing platnium and it wasnt *** bad as I thought. I dont mind the new evolutions of old pokemon, I accualy like them lol and well the story line seems cool. (I got the game for the purpose of completing my pokedex/making an amazing dragon based legendary and non legendary team) Still two things that bugged me:
1. Lack of decent fire types. I wont be having one in my team :(
2. The combination of all pokemon generations.
A good game nonetheless ",

Now back on topic I like the type combinations here. correction, I LOVE THEM.
dragon/dark, dragon/electric, dragon/fire,
ghost/fire, ghost/water, ghost/ground
Also there are many pure types which I dont like but others do.
Lastly this generation seems to be crawling with bugs and fighting types. I think i now have favorites of all typings now :D

RedMage23
30th September 2010, 7:26 PM
1. Lack of decent fire types. I wont be having one in my team
2. The combination of all pokemon generations.

1. True. That's why you start with Chimchar. :P
2. What do you mean? I loved that about Platinum... Pokemon games should draw inspiration from the older games...

Lorde
30th September 2010, 9:06 PM

http://veekun.com:81/dex/media/black-white/558.png This pokemon has found my heart. It is so reatarded having a massive block of... limestone on its back instead of a shell, I love it. This is what pokemon is all about. Having weird and out of place pokemon.

I really wish time would speed up so it will come out in Australia already :( I will have to stare at Veekun and read about everyone else's recent happenings while I wait in complete jealousy and impatience.

I said something like that myself, though I deleted the post for some reason lol.

I like that new Bug/Rock-type Pokemon to be honest. I know, shocking, isn't it? You'd think I'd dislike that it looks kind of like Paras and Parasect but I think that rock on it's back is kind of clever since so many insects are found under rocks. Why not just give them a rock on their back? It's not out of place in my opinion since I have experience with bugs and I've seen since ants carrying tiny pebbles so it seems almost natural for this new Bug-type Pokemon to have a rock on it's body. It's ingenious lol.

Varnani
30th September 2010, 9:46 PM
Hahaha, I always found it totally bizarre and somewhat cruel for that lil' thing to carry that around (Imagine walking around with a block of concrete on your back!) but it certainly is cute in one way or another

razz

Mario with Lasers
30th September 2010, 9:56 PM
Passing by just to say the polar bear should have been Water/Ice (a couple Water-type moves at its movepool and Swift Swim) and the mirror Ice/Steel (come on it's a mirror with 30 base Defense, it's going to be destroyed by any offensive move already, at least give it a good amount of resistances), the ice cream could have been Ice/Rock or Ice/Steel, Gochiruzeru Psychic/Dark (actually, she should have good stats and/or movepool to begin with lol) and Daikenki Water/Fighting, Emboar should have Thick Fat and Swords Dance and/or Slack Off and Jaroda, any special move besides Grass-type ones and Hidden Power goddamnit.

But, like, "who cares". At least Jaroda, Daikenki, Chaobuu and Gochiruzeru just need to get a move or two or three, and the polar bear may still evolve in 6th/7th Gen... The mirror and the ice cream are forever screwed, though. Lol.

ForeverFlame
30th September 2010, 10:05 PM
I don't think every Pokemon has to have a unique type combination. A lot of people spazzed because of all of the pure Psychics this generation, but I don't have a problem with it. Psychic is a difficult type to pair up with other types.

Bug and Ghost, however, can easily be paired up with a number of types, so I'm satisfied that Gamefreak delivered this generation. I'm still waiting on Ghost/Steel and Bug/Dragon though.

Kokoromori
30th September 2010, 10:20 PM
Figured I'd ask here because it somewhat relates:
Can someone pm me the urls of static sprites of the Tsutaja, meguroku, koromori, electric spider, poison bug, and ghost candle, lines?

DSi kinda doesn't have a right click option. 0:

LexSuicune
30th September 2010, 10:39 PM
Ground/Ghost was yet another fantastic combo IMO.

Ysavvryl
30th September 2010, 11:45 PM
Possibly old, but I like to see things in numbers.

I made this list originally for my use. But I think it’s interesting, so I decided to share it. You guys know quite a bit more about the Pokemon; I just know the numbers. Also, I’m only human and this list was made counting by hand from the Serebii dex. So there might be some mistakes. Please correct me nicely if you spot one.

Total: 493 + 156 = 649

Water: 91 + 18 = 109
Normal: 79 + 18 = 97
Flying: 64 + 19 = 83
Grass: 55 + 21 = 76
Psychic: 53 + 16 = 69
Bug: 45 + 18 = 63
Poison: 51 + 7 = 58
Ground: 48 + 10 = 58
Fire: 33 + 17 = 50
Rock: 37 + 10 = 47
Fight: 25 + 16 = 41
Electric: 28 +11 = 39
Dark: 23 + 16 = 39
Steel: 26 + 12 = 38
Ice: 22 + 8 = 30
Ghost: 18 + 9 = 27
Dragon: 19 + 8 = 27

Starter: 36 + 9 = 45
Legendary: 34 + 10 = 44
Fossil: 13 + 4 = 17

Notes: Phione counts (+1 Water). Rotom counts (+1 Electric, +1 Ghost) in original numbers and (+1 Electric, +1 Ghost, +1 Ice, +1 Fire, +1 Grass, +1 Flying, +1 Water) in fifth gen numbers. Shaymin counts (+1 Grass, +1 Flying, +1 Legend). Wormadam counts (+1 Bug +1 Ground, +1 Steel, +1 Grass). Arceus counts (+1 Legend). I only caught Rotom’s type additions, so if any other Pokemon had something similar happened, I missed it.

Tidbits: If it were not for Rotom’s Wash Forme, Water type would have 108 Pokemon, and 108 is a number of death and bad luck. And if Fight had one more, it would be the answer to life, the universe, and everything (darn it!). The only other total that is a particularly significant would be Fire at 50, but then a real mathematician (or an immature pervert) might find something else.

Note the Types that have equal numbers now: Ground and Poison, Electric and Dark, and Ghost and Dragon. Poison gets the least amount of new Pokemon (but that’s not really surprising), while Grass gets the most new (that just gets it to fourth place, though). The legendary count is reasonable, while starter and fossil numbers are predictable.

Fixed cause writers aren't mathematicians!

Blazios
30th September 2010, 11:50 PM
Starter: 36 + 9 = 48

36+9 is 45.

Just seen Dragonite's backsprite. That's one ugly face...

MetalFlygon08
30th September 2010, 11:58 PM
I don't think every Pokemon has to have a unique type combination. A lot of people spazzed because of all of the pure Psychics this generation, but I don't have a problem with it. Psychic is a difficult type to pair up with other types.

Bug and Ghost, however, can easily be paired up with a number of types, so I'm satisfied that Gamefreak delivered this generation. I'm still waiting on Ghost/Steel and Bug/Dragon though.

And you know if Rank was Psychic/Grass while Goich was Psychic/Dark the fans would be n uproar over that.

Blazios
1st October 2010, 12:03 AM
And you know if Rank was Psychic/Grass while Goich was Psychic/Dark the fans would be n uproar over that.

Why would Ranculus be Grass? Just because it's green?

MetalFlygon08
1st October 2010, 12:07 AM
it reminds me of chlorophyl.

The Flash
1st October 2010, 12:17 AM
Does anybody else notice the increased amount of pure dragons this gen? and I think they really did do a lot of dragons IMO. I mean, going off of that list previously posted, thats almost 50&#37; new dragons. And some were even pure, which is considered the best besides water/dragon.

Grei
1st October 2010, 12:31 AM
it reminds me of chlorophyl.

Actually, considering it's basis, I personally am reminded of Water...

Although you could go the "seed" route...

Does anybody else notice the increased amount of pure dragons this gen? and I think they really did do a lot of dragons IMO. I mean, going off of that list previously posted, thats almost 50% new dragons. And some were even pure, which is considered the best besides water/dragon.

Actually... only one was "pure." And besides that one, we had the Kibago line, the Hydra line, and the Yin/Yang trio. That's really not that much. You basically have three non-Legendary dragons to choose from. Hoenn had... two? Three as well?

Lorde
1st October 2010, 12:33 AM
Does anybody else notice the increased amount of pure dragons this gen? and I think they really did do a lot of dragons IMO. I mean, going off of that list previously posted, thats almost 50&#37; new dragons. And some were even pure, which is considered the best besides water/dragon.

50% of Isshu Pokemon are Dragon-types? Not really but yeah there are a lot of them in Generation 5 for some reason. I like this change since it gives Dragon-types a boost in popularity again lol. It makes sense that we'd get tons of Dragons though, since the final Gym (Souryuu Gym) is a Dragon-type Gym. Or was the Gym made after they decided on the number of Dragon-types?

ForeverFlame
1st October 2010, 12:56 AM
Dark and Steel types almost doubled this generation. Gamefreak ftw.

Then I looked at the number of Poison types and died inside.

SergeiDragunov
1st October 2010, 1:08 AM
Dark and Steel types almost doubled this generation. Gamefreak ftw.

Then I looked at the number of Poison types and died inside.

Yeah I was saddened by the lack of Poison in this gen. Poison is sooo underpowered right now. Arguably worst type, only being supereffective against one type. It needs a boost. IMO they should make it supereffective against Bug like in Gen 1.

Lorde
1st October 2010, 1:16 AM
Yeah I was saddened by the lack of Poison in this gen. Poison is sooo underpowered right now. Arguably worst type, only being supereffective against one type. It needs a boost. IMO they should make it supereffective against Bug like in Gen 1.

Only 7 Poison-type Pokemon were introduced in Black and White right? Geez, no wonder there wasn't a Poison-type Gym in this Generation of Pokemon haha. I really like the mass of Bug-type Pokemon, I just don't see eye-to-eye with some of their designs as I said a few pages back. I'm not used to clams with bugs inside nor beetles that turn into centipedes.

Mr. E Goods
1st October 2010, 1:35 AM
There was a massive amount of Psychic pokemon too. One of the common types in this gen.

O Fortuna
1st October 2010, 2:01 AM

Personally, I have never understood why Poison is not super-effective against Water. It makes sense from a logical point of view - if they were to poison a Water type Pokemon, the poison would speread very quickly and cause massive damage. It would also give Poison a huge boost as an attacking type, given the abundance of Water type Pokemon around.

SergeiDragunov
1st October 2010, 2:03 AM
Personally, I have never understood why Poison is not super-effective against Water. It makes sense from a logical point of view - if they were to poison a Water type Pokemon, the poison would speread very quickly and cause massive damage. It would also give Poison a huge boost as an attacking type, given the abundance of Water type Pokemon around.

Yeah I thought that too. Poison really does need some amping up. Or at least some decent Pokemon. Gengar, Crobat, and Drapion are about the only ones worth mentioning.

Mr. E Goods
1st October 2010, 2:32 AM

It could be that water would then be 'not very effective' to too many types. Water is one of the main types, and the most common typing so I think GF wanted to make sure the main type wasn't not very effective to lots of types in order for it to stand a chance in battle.

ForeverFlame
1st October 2010, 2:49 AM
I just realized that Vuljina is female-only. What were they thinking?

O Fortuna
1st October 2010, 2:49 AM
It could be that water would then be 'not very effective' to too many types. Water is one of the main types, and the most common typing so I think GF wanted to make sure the main type wasn't not very effective to lots of types in order for it to stand a chance in battle.

It doesn't mean Water would be not very effective against Poison Pokemon. Ice is super effective against Dragon, Grass and Flying type Pokemon, but the only type it resists defensively is Ice itself. Besides, Water is only resisted by Grass, Dragon and Water anyway, so it wouldn't be a huge handicap. Poison Pokemon don't see much prominence in the games anyway, purely because it is a poor offensive type. This would help to change things.

They were clearly misinformed about the emotional maturity of Pokemon fans. That, or they didn't care given that the name has no sexual connotations in the language it was conceived, Japanese.

Sabonea_Masukippa
1st October 2010, 2:55 AM

Well, some people think it should be romanized as Vultina.

Also, since the name is for the Japanese market, and vagina isn't a Japanese word, there's no problem.

Couple that with the fact that the "jina" in the name should be pronounced as in the name "Gina" not jaina, as it is in vagina.

RedMage23
1st October 2010, 2:58 AM

Isn't it Barujiina?

Sabonea_Masukippa
1st October 2010, 3:02 AM
Isn't it Barujiina?

Barujiina is how it is spelled out in Japanese characters, yes.

But Japanese have no distinct symbol for v or l (well, there is one now for v but it would push the character limit), so they use the symbols for b and r respectively.

Know that you can romanize to Valujiina and coupled with what barujiina is based on it's not hard to come to the conclusion that the name is intended to be something like Vuljiina, Vultina, Vulzeena or something like it.

ForeverFlame
1st October 2010, 3:13 AM
Valjina makes it even worse.

Maybe I'm just too immature, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who thought it (especially considering the target age for Pokemon). I'm sure NoA will change it to some Vulture-related pun anyway, so 'tis all good.

Mr. E Goods
1st October 2010, 3:25 AM

Maybe I'm just too immature, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who thought it (especially considering the target age for Pokemon). I'm sure NoA will change it to some Vulture-related pun anyway, so 'tis all good.

No... I didn't think of it (surprisingly) but LOL to that anyway.

O Fortuna
1st October 2010, 3:43 AM

Again, as has been stated by various people, it is a name with no such connotations in Japanese. The vast majority of children who would something puerile to laugh at, would not be following the details on the internet for the Japanese release. Also, like Chuck Norris jokes, this has never actually been funny.

Mr. E Goods
1st October 2010, 4:09 AM
Again, as has been stated by various people, it is a name with no such connotations in Japanese. The vast majority of children who would something puerile to laugh at, would not be following the details on the internet for the Japanese release. Also, like Chuck Norris jokes, this has never actually been funny.

If it bothers you so much ignore it, no need to have a go at people for having a sense of humour. Some of us are still kids.

It was mentioned in another forum that the fighting legendary trio are based on the three Musketeers... does anyone know if this is true, I cant really see any resemblance.

[aka]
1st October 2010, 4:40 AM
What about the name, "Skulture"?
>.>

Ophie
1st October 2010, 7:08 AM
Anyone who's actually read the book can tell you that it's thoroughly untrue. The Three Musketeers is actually about four people who fight with swords and sabers, rather than muskets.

I think the nickname simply came about from the fact that all three are Fighting-type, they're heroic, and there are three of them.

Hahaha, I always found it totally bizarre and somewhat cruel for that lil' thing to carry that around (Imagine walking around with a block of concrete on your back!) but it certainly is cute in one way or another

razz

I think Iwapalace WANTS to carry that thing on its back, it being based on a hermit crab. According to the Pokédex, It and its pre-evolution always carry rocks on their backs they've carved holes into to fit them.

Couple that with the fact that the "jina" in the name should be pronounced as in the name "Gina" not jaina, as it is in vagina.

Wow, that reminds me of the bit of controversy when the soda Orangina was first brought to English-speaking regions.

Giovanni
1st October 2010, 7:28 AM
Not the best design this generation has but Goruggo is pretty cool and decent, it will be my main, I also like desukan and pakus 3rd evolution. But im so adding goruggo and desukan to my team, I know their strategy in battle already lol and im pretty excited that regigigas has desukan as his best friend to help him in triple battle, and regigigas with wide guard ftw.

O Fortuna
1st October 2010, 7:32 AM
If it bothers you so much ignore it, no need to have a go at people for having a sense of humour. Some of us are still kids.

I was hardly having a go at anybody. If you are this easily offended, I suggest you leave the internet now. I was merely pointing out that the problem with the "joke" with this Pokemon's name. Jokes need to both make sense and be funny. Neither is apparent in this case.

Anyone who's actually read the book can tell you that it's thoroughly untrue. The Three Musketeers is actually about four people who fight with swords and sabers, rather than muskets.

I think the nickname simply came about from the fact that all three are Fighting-type, they're heroic, and there are three of them.

I think there is some merit in the thought that they are based off the Musketeers, along with Keldeo being based on D'Artagnan.

R_N
1st October 2010, 7:46 AM
I think there is some merit in the thought that they are based off the Musketeers, along with Keldeo being based on D'Artagnan.

Also the "hats" and SWORDS OF JUSTICE and JUSTICE HEART

LexSuicune
1st October 2010, 7:52 AM
LOL Vuljina is only female? PUN!

Mr. E Goods
1st October 2010, 10:07 AM
I was hardly having a go at anybody. If you are this easily offended, I suggest you leave the internet now. I was merely pointing out that the problem with the "joke" with this Pokemon's name. Jokes need to both make sense and be funny. Neither is apparent in this case.

Im not easily offended, I just get annoyed at people, particularly older people who dont realize that people a lot younger than them use this place who make stupid jokes, and quote them saying that they are not funny. Also I actually wasn't even annoyed at you in the first place. I just thought I would tell you to just ignore it.
__________________________________________________ ____________

http://veekun.com:81/dex/media/black-white/617.png Does anyone know what this is meant to be. It is pure bug type which I found a bit odd.

Sakrey
1st October 2010, 11:09 AM
Yay! More Sugimori arts!

http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/8303/corocoro1.jpg
http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/8216/corocoro2.jpg
http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/1049/corocoro3.jpg

I love Zuruggu and Kumashun official art :D

Sabonea_Masukippa
1st October 2010, 11:31 AM
Yay! More Sugimori arts!

Yay Hardeia and Leopardath look so cool. :D

koolhk
1st October 2010, 11:58 AM
Yay! More Sugimori arts!

I assume that is from Famistu magazine?
We will most likely get some new artworks in this months Corocoro and then all of them (except the event legendaries) should be revealed in November^^_

Sabonea_Masukippa
1st October 2010, 12:08 PM
I assume that is from Famistu magazine?
We will most likely get some new artworks in this months Corocoro and then all of them (except the event legendaries) should be revealed in November^^_

I'm pretty sure this is from Corocoro Special - Famitsu revealed the art of Kumashun, Zuruggu, Hatohboh and Chillachino last week.

Ophie
1st October 2010, 12:11 PM

Oh right, I forgot about Keldio completely. Kind of odd because he's my favorite of the four.

Clay Psyduck
1st October 2010, 12:43 PM
Yay! More Sugimori arts!

Is it weird that I like most of those in the art better, but I actually like Zuruggu in the sprite more? MUST BE THE ANGLE.

Rakurai
1st October 2010, 1:18 PM
So, the folks over at the Spriters Resource worked their magic on Black/White, and it turns out all 493+ of the HG/SS overworld Pokemon sprites are in the game's coding, yet it seems that they're only used as disguises while out on High Link missions (And only a small fraction of them, I'm guessing, judging from how many times I've been disguised as the same Pokemon), and possibly, for the Dream World Pokemon that move into the High Link forest after you transfer them over.

Wonder if they plan on bringing back the following Pokemon feature in the third game or something.

Zhanton
1st October 2010, 1:46 PM
Wonder if they plan on bringing back the following Pokemon feature in the third game or something.
I personally think the following feature will be exclusive to HGSS, or a remake-only thing.

FireEmblemAddict
1st October 2010, 3:06 PM
I personally think the following feature will be exclusive to HGSS, or a remake-only thing.

I used to think that too, but since the coding for the 493 following sprites is still present in the game, it makes me wonder.

R_N
1st October 2010, 5:35 PM
I used to think that too, but since the coding for the 493 following sprites is still present in the game, it makes me wonder.

It's probably just for HighLink & Dream World.

BW was probably based on HGSS' base work, and since they already had the Dream World giving out all the Pokemon and needed you to actually catch them-ingame to count they probably figure they'd put those sprite to good use.

But I guess we'll see in 2 to 3 years from now.

CyndaquilRules
1st October 2010, 5:59 PM
I was going to cut out the images of ther new Sugimori, but the text is in the way. :(

LexSuicune
1st October 2010, 6:34 PM
What new images?

CyndaquilRules
1st October 2010, 7:11 PM
What new images?

Cut the art out of the magazine so it didn't have the magazine surrounding them.

Ekans786
1st October 2010, 9:40 PM
Yeah it would ruin it in every game because it gets a bit annoying.

Lorde
1st October 2010, 9:50 PM
Yay! More Sugimori arts!

Thanks for posting this. Wow, it seems really interesting but we have like 80&#37;of these Pokemon's Ken Sugimori artwork already. Greedy Game Freak, not wanting to release a whole lot of new artwork. I must admit though, I am in love with Lepardasu's Ken Sugimori artwork! It looks so sneaky, like a real leopard who is roaming through stealthily, as if in search of a tasty snack. I love how realistic it looks too and I can tell this one will be my favorite so far apart from Koromori's artwork :]

LexSuicune
1st October 2010, 9:56 PM
Woah Choroneko's evolution looks badass in Sugimori art.

R_N
1st October 2010, 9:57 PM
Those aren't corocoro, by the way.

...just saying

LexSuicune
1st October 2010, 10:17 PM
Can Zoroark breed?

Dracoste
1st October 2010, 10:23 PM
Can Zoroark breed?

Yes it can, but next time you ask something like that, first look in the pokédex.

R_N
1st October 2010, 10:27 PM
Yes it can, but next time you ask something like that, first look in the pokédex.

Judging from all his questions I am beginning to think he doesn't know the main site even exists

Atoyont
1st October 2010, 10:36 PM
http://veekun.com:81/dex/media/black-white/617.png Does anyone know what this is meant to be. It is pure bug type which I found a bit odd.
It's a snail that's lost its shell, essentially becoming a slug. A ninja slug.

MetalFlygon08
1st October 2010, 10:48 PM
I thought it was a clam that lot it's shell.

R_N
1st October 2010, 10:51 PM
I thought it was a clam that lot it's shell.

Considering it's a bug, that the knight shell had a the tell-tale curly spiral, and that it is a sluggy...slug.... it's more probably a snail.

CurseShooter
1st October 2010, 10:52 PM
It's a moth that lost it's wings and got it's head cut off but it's slowly regenerating...

SergeiDragunov
1st October 2010, 10:56 PM
It's a moth that lost it's wings and got it's head cut off but it's slowly regenerating...

I like this idea better.

heartofdestany
2nd October 2010, 12:14 AM
2 Simple questions i have.
Does Marakacchi evolve from cacnea?
Does Mamanbou evolve from luvdisc?
I ask Because there is a very strong resemblance there.

SHIFTER01
2nd October 2010, 12:15 AM

they don't. none of the new pokemon are related to any old ones.

;136; Dude

Blazios
2nd October 2010, 12:16 AM

No Pokémon introduced in Black and White are related to any earlier Pokémon in any way.

Lorde
2nd October 2010, 12:24 AM
It's a snail that's lost its shell, essentially becoming a slug. A ninja slug.

That makes sense I guess. A slug is what Chobomaki looked like before anyway. I just thought that when it lost it's shell, Chobomaki just sort of "died" and was revived as a ghost-bug like Shedinja in a way. The only thing wrong with that is that Chobomaki's evolved form lacks the Ghost-type.

Atoyont
2nd October 2010, 12:27 AM
But it is a Bug Type. :confused:

Lorde
2nd October 2010, 12:35 AM
But it is a Bug Type. :confused:

I meant Ghost-type sorry. Agirudaa isn't like Shedinja because it doesn't have the Ghost-type, which pretty much ruined my whole theory about it being a "dead" Pokemon. I also heard theories similar to mine but those seem to have lost their way too since most involved it being a mummy or some sort of "living dead" Pokemon :x

Mr. E Goods
2nd October 2010, 12:35 AM
A snail that lost its shell? LOL too bad for it then. That is such a weird and ironic pokemon considering its high speed.

R_N
2nd October 2010, 12:56 AM
A snail that lost its shell? LOL too bad for it then. That is such a weird and ironic pokemon considering its high speed.

The idea is that the shell is really heavy (Chobomaki and the beetle's evo are both super slow), so it would be super quick without it. There wouldn't be that comparison if the Chobomaki evo wasn't fast. Also ninja.

Deicario
2nd October 2010, 2:09 AM
The idea is that the shell is really heavy (Chobomaki and the beetle's evo are both super slow), so it would be super quick without it. There wouldn't be that comparison if the Chobomaki evo wasn't fast. Also ninja.
Just like in Dragon Ball Z! You train with heavy clothing and bam! your super fast.

This better mean we get Super Ninjsect next gen.

riukee
2nd October 2010, 3:23 AM
But it looks like a nautilus... I just want to know, what is it's relation between Chobomaki (the snail/nautilus) and Kaburumo (the beetle) that you need one to get the other? Is it just a gimmick they came up with to add to the reason for needing two games, or is there some kind of myth behind it?

Ltrainer
2nd October 2010, 4:32 AM
More new artworks revealed for the leopard and dog Pokemon

http://pokemonblackandwhite.net/?p=1489

Varnani
2nd October 2010, 4:37 AM
Yay! More Sugimori arts!

thanks for the HQ scans!!
I really REALLY enjoy that deer pokémon that changes with the seasons, it's simply awesome.

razz

MetalFlygon08
2nd October 2010, 4:37 AM
Just imagine what the Slug/Dead Clam would be like if it didn't get it's shell stolen while trading (pretty much Pink Flesh in Knight's armour, low speed, bug/steel, good offense and defense)

LegitEagle
2nd October 2010, 8:39 AM
I've just realized there are like:
Early pokemon- Pokemon avaiable til 3rd-4th gym (IMO)
Mid Pokemon - Pokemon avaiable from 3rd-4th gym until 6th-7th gym (IMO)
Late Pokemon- Pokemon avaiable from 6th-7th gym
I was really disapointed because my team have 2 late game pokemon (Kirikizan and gobitt) but im only going to build a competitive team in the english game, so im playing japanese to kill the wait for the game. So the late pokemon would be used little T.T, i think every pokemon had this division but White late pokemon are so awesome that im sad they are late pokemon.
Ps: Has anyone ever built a division like this?
Ps2: My brother has black so i can restart with all the pokemon i want after some time, but im still sad because its not so Legit (look my nick)

Mr. E Goods
2nd October 2010, 8:41 AM
It would look way more awesome thats for sure. I hate snails with no shells.

Nacreous
2nd October 2010, 9:21 AM
I don't like Choroneko's evo>.>It has a really small head and really thick legs.It looks weird

bippacooleth
2nd October 2010, 11:31 AM
I don't like Choroneko's evo>.>It has a really small head and really thick legs.It looks weird

Leperudasu? How can you not like it D: It's definitely up there in my favourite pokemon of this gen, it just looks soo awesome, and finally a cat pokemon that isn't normal type! Its basically the only cert pokemon on my team :) but each to his own, I suppose :P

Rakurai
2nd October 2010, 11:51 AM
It would be nice to get a feline Pokemon that had decent stats other then speed for once.

Persian, Delcatty, Purrugly, and now Leperudasu all suffer from that same problem (Except for Delcatty, who isn't even fast).

heartofdestany
2nd October 2010, 6:23 PM
I strongly dislike stand alone sets. This to me is slightly disappointing, however, I do like futachimaru, aaken, warubiru, hihidaruma,washibon, and shikijika. so I guess even I can see highlights...........

redroses
2nd October 2010, 8:21 PM
I thought chobomaki and it's evo are supposed to be shrimp(actually more it's evo, it seems very shrimp like to me).

Grei
2nd October 2010, 8:31 PM
I thought chobomaki and it's evo are supposed to be shrimp(actually more it's evo, it seems very shrimp like to me).

The evo looks shrimplike, but as far as I know shrimp don't live in shells. It appears the evo is more like a snail out of it's shell.

Which seems likely. I don't know about snails, but hermit crabs are much, much faster outside of their shells, so I imagine snails probably are, too.