PDA

View Full Version : Official Pokemon Discussion Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55

bobandbill
19th September 2010, 12:02 PM
In this thread, you are allowed to discuss the 5th Generation Pokemon in general.
Meaning, it is not limited to just Victini up to Genesect.

:: Please do not discuss and/or speculate about the 6th Gen.

Please follow the forum rules -- no spamming, no off-topic conversations, flaming/arguings, etc...

Use the other threads for specific topics:

:: What's Your Team? (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=521779)
:: Legendary Pokemon Discussion Thread (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=467065)
:: 5th Gen EV/IV (Training) Thread (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=498201)
:: 5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=468111)
:: Pokemon Dream World Discussion Thread (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=470189)

Xweek
19th September 2010, 12:05 PM
The shiny Monmen evo is so cute, I want it. But I'm getting White...

Ash-kid
19th September 2010, 12:06 PM
Good thread.

I didn't get what the point of making to Gear two evolutions that look the same, I think that the last evo is not better than the second.

poke-lord
19th September 2010, 12:07 PM
the gear evos are just more sprites added

BCVM22
19th September 2010, 12:08 PM
I didn't get what the point of making to Gear two evolutions that look the same, I don't think this that the last evo is better then the second.

The whole point of Gear is that it evolves from two gears into a complete mechanism; from something small and simple into something larger, more complex and complete. People seem to be too busy shouting "THEY DIDN'T CHANGE THE SPRITE ENOUGH THEY JUST COPY AND PASTED IN PAINT!" to notice/accept it, disregarding the fact that it was somehow okay when Magneton and Dugtrio did it, and the fact that the sprites animate now and thus even if the two small gears do remain throughout the evolutions, the critter will still look and move differently.

halloweenghost
19th September 2010, 12:09 PM
I love the shines though i was hoping the shinies for reshiram and zekrom would have revered the colors were zekrom would be white and reshiram would be black but oh well.

Atreyu
19th September 2010, 12:14 PM
With Iwaparesu, what's that big thing on top of him, a block of concrete or something?

SasakiThePikachu
19th September 2010, 12:16 PM
May I just say:

'BOO NINTENDO. BOOOO!!!!'

I'm so annoyed about that stupid notification. What an entirely ******* thing to do, saying that pictures 'violate intellectual property' ONCE THE GAMES ARE ALREADY OUT. Hey look, all the other pokemon games are out too. Have been for a while. Gonna ask the internet to remove pictures of all of them too, Nintendo?

Morons. I'm with the people encouraging Serebii to ignore the notification. Surely now the games are released they don't have a legal leg to stand on with any 'Oh Noes! They're leaking da pictures of the gamez!' stupidity. What, have they been ASLEEP the last few months, or living in a cave underground? *exasperated facepalm*

On topic, I think people would have accepted the argument about Gear being 'more complex and complete' if they'd evolved it visually, made it visibly better, instead of just the 'more is better' creed. It's like glueing one jigglypuff to another jigglypuff and going, 'oh look, it's better now - there's two of them'. It feels lazy, but that's just my two cents.

Gorgonopsid Master
19th September 2010, 12:17 PM
Ok probably quite a few questions here and I hope someone can atleast help me.

1. Where is the first place that you find Kibago

2. I had a Kenhorou but it did not have those pink things on its head are they female specific or what?

3. Where do you find Washibon or Wargle.

4. Where do you get Shibishirasu

5. Is it possible to get Shubarugo through some sort of in-game trade?

Ethan
19th September 2010, 12:21 PM
Yo I think B&B said we can't gripe about the letter/notification thinger so...

I like shinropa. It seems like an perfectly ideal support pokemon.

Copley Hill Gym
19th September 2010, 12:25 PM
I wonder if the notifications are to ensure that the American/European releases at least have some semblance of mystique about them, when translated and released. I have never heard of Nintendo doing anything like this before - Sega, yes, Capcom, yes, Sony and Microsoft in spades - but Nintendo?

That said, look at how much higher the press for Black & White has been than it was for even Diamond and Pearl. Pokemon's got bigger since Red & Blue, markedly so, it sells hundreds of millions of items of merchandise a year, globally. I wonder what it's overall profitability is...

On the subject of the Gear final evolution, I was saying it for the last week in the old thread - that final evo is brilliant, as is the whole evolution chain, IMO. Perfect example of engineering, gear/cog/gear to change direction of rotation. Bit like adding components to a clock mechanism, in a way :)

Love it - hence, on the team outlined in my sig below ;)

Lyoke
19th September 2010, 12:28 PM
I like most of the pokemon but i think the legendaries...well they kinda lack creativty, like the trio...:/ but still getting it! :D

Lunanight
19th September 2010, 12:31 PM
I love ononokusu, and its amazing base attack of 147.

ononokusu + dragon dance = the next salamence (yes, it can learn dragon dance)

Hazelnut Coffee
19th September 2010, 12:31 PM
So, I've been watching videos of people playing Black and White and I can't help but notice Choroneko and Laperasudu seem to be a little on the weak side offensively. I don't think I've ever seen one land a hit that actually did any noticeable damage.
According to the stats page, their attack and special attack seem seem decent. What gives?

Achernar
19th September 2010, 12:39 PM
I just notice that there no standalone and final forms that have total stats below 400.

Mirohoggu has the lowest at 420.

iLink
19th September 2010, 12:39 PM
I'm really liking a lot of the sprite change, especially the 3rd gen pokemon. The subtle coloration change to Salamence makes it look a lot better IMO.

Am I the only one that thinks zorua looks really flat? Like they didn't shade him enough or something.

@ Hazelnut: Could be a bad nature with/or bad IV's? *shrugs*

Lyoke
19th September 2010, 12:41 PM
About the Gear conversation people seem to have going on here, at first i kinda didn't get it and i was like " running out of ideas much?" but yea, at least they added something more major onto the last Gear evolution.

SasakiThePikachu
19th September 2010, 12:44 PM
Yo I think B&B said we can't gripe about the letter/notification thinger so...

I like shinropa. It seems like an perfectly ideal support pokemon.

Sorry. I'm done now, honest. I just had to vent. ARGHH!!! Sorry, lapsed. No, really. Done now. All done. *deep breaths*

Regarding the fossils (turtle and dino-parrot) does anyone know yet if we can claim one or the other, like in r/b, or if each is version exclusive like in d/p?

I'm gonna play Black and I want my turtle ;__; *hopeshopeshopes*

Also, since Serebii's lovely dex doesn't list locations yet, is there any big page/list that anyone knows of that shows locations for the pokes of Isshu? It'll help for team planning if I find out I can't catch half of my desired pokes til after the seventh badge sooner rather than later xD

BCVM22
19th September 2010, 12:45 PM
Regarding the fossils (turtle and dino-parrot) does anyone know yet if we can claim one or the other, like in r/b, or if each is version exclusive like in d/p?

Seems to be that you get your pick, regardless of version.

Joe.
19th September 2010, 12:45 PM
I love ononokusu, and its amazing base attack of 147.

ononokusu + dragon dance = the next salamence (yes, it can learn dragon dance)

It's gonna be uber so w/e.

Clay Psyduck
19th September 2010, 12:47 PM
Apparently /tr/ is ripping moving sprites and stuff. Blowing my mind.

http://i51.*******.com/qx51jn.jpg
http://i56.*******.com/2encork.jpg

EDIT: Genosect/Gensect whatever here.

http://i56.*******.com/2ms0n6g.gif
http://i55.*******.com/2ro007p.gif

Hazelnut Coffee
19th September 2010, 12:48 PM

I saw a list of the Pokemon who are exclusive to each version and I didn't see the Fossil Pokemon on there. My guess would be you can get either one in both games.

Clay Psyduck
19th September 2010, 12:57 PM
I saw a list of the Pokemon who are exclusive to each version and I didn't see the Fossil Pokemon on there. My guess would be you can get either one in both games.

Apparently the version exclusive thing is fake. Saw people saying they found 'black exclusives' in White. So we won't know for sure for a while I guess.

Gorgonopsid Master
19th September 2010, 12:57 PM

where is that list?

FlyAsADunsparce
19th September 2010, 12:58 PM
I was wondering

Is Kerudio part of the Quadrupple Fight Legendaries?

Kobarion, Terakion, Birijion are all quadrupple and 2nd typing is Fight, just like Kerudio.

The Rajin trio also doesn't come after eachother in the dex, so I guess it could be possible.

Mahnmut
19th September 2010, 1:04 PM
Yay at all the ripped sprites AND moving sprites getting ripped :D

Yogi Bear
19th September 2010, 1:07 PM
Nintendo's Notification to remove all pictures and screenshots of B/W.

This is the document sent to Pokebeach: http://pokebeach.com/news/0910/letter.doc
Please note that this is a Word Document and thus will require Microsoft office in order to open.

Is the letter Fake?: http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/4/45/ArchaicBeachPost.png

The document does have at least ONE error in it, which if Ambi Pom Pom speaks the truth, makes it null and VOID.

"Your activity also and has the potential to cause substantial damage to Nintendo"

I don't think the word "and" can be used in a sentence like that.
I hate having screenshots down. I need to see the images to which Pokemon is which! I'm bad at remembering Japanese names.

Mahnmut
19th September 2010, 1:11 PM
Yogi Bear, as much as I would love discussing this, this isn't the right place to do so =/

Clay Psyduck
19th September 2010, 1:19 PM
Yay at all the ripped sprites AND moving sprites getting ripped :D

Unfortunately, it seems even some of the moving sprites are kinda lazy.

Despite Ludicolo having a new sprite, the movement is pretty terrible.

http://i51.*******.com/f0vxty.jpg

I mean, it's kinda funny. But some of the other moving sprites are loads more complex.

Yogi Bear
19th September 2010, 1:20 PM
Yogi Bear, as much as I would love discussing this, this isn't the right place to do so =/

I kind of need the pictures: I'm more of a visual learner. Discussing the new Pokemon becomes harder when I can only call things "The Poisonous Garbage Can" based off memory because I don't know the actual name for it because the picture and name are not displayed next to other. Courtesy of bad legal counsel. Nintendo should know that I would gladly by the game now if I could read Japanese and had a credit card.

As for it's relevance to the thread: other users were talking about the notification in the previous thread and received no complaint. I have found one such post. I can't use the quote Function because that thread has been closed, but I can copy the user and text rather easily:

AKRy100: Well actually it looks as if the email was faked.
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/medi...cBeachPost.png

redroses
19th September 2010, 1:22 PM
Does anybody know if Urugamosu(the fire moth/bug) is really only obatinable so late in game, or is there some place you can capture it's pre-evo?

natie
19th September 2010, 1:26 PM
Unfortunately, it seems even some of the moving sprites are kinda lazy.

Despite Ludicolo having a new sprite, the movement is pretty terrible.

I mean, it's kinda funny. But some of the other moving sprites are loads more complex.Well, not all sprites can be as complex as the others, and I actually really like the way he dances. :D

Mahnmut
19th September 2010, 1:31 PM
Does anybody know if Urugamosu(the fire moth/bug) is really only obatinable so late in game, or is there some place you can capture it's pre-evo?

Pretty sure it's only obtainable post-E4 at that one place

I kind of need the pictures: I'm more of a visual learner. Discussing the new Pokemon becomes harder when I can only call things "The Poisonous Garbage Can" based off memory because I don't know the actual name for it because the picture and name are not displayed next to other. Courtesy of bad legal counsel. Nintendo should know that I would gladly by the game now if I could read Japanese and had a credit card.

As for it's relevance to the thread: other users were talking about the notification in the previous thread and received no complaint. I have found one such post. I can't use the quote Function because that thread has been closed, but I can copy the user and text rather easily:

AKRy100: Well actually it looks as if the email was faked.
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/medi...cBeachPost.png

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/1131/montageq.png
this will help ^^

Hazelnut Coffee
19th September 2010, 1:32 PM
Apparently the version exclusive thing is fake. Saw people saying they found 'black exclusives' in White. So we won't know for sure for a while I guess.

Ah, I was unaware of that. I'm a little happy to hear that, the list I saw made me really unsure of what game to get, haha.

~Dragon_Master~
19th September 2010, 1:34 PM
Okay, bear with me people, I'm gonna to state my opinions on each and every new pokemon. Yeah, I'm bored. :L

Victini - Eh, it's okay. A little boring visually, though it has a great type combibation.

Tsutarja line - I do like these, though I wish that Jaroda had better stats, and typing. I could've seen it as a Psychihc or Dragon, though dragon would've probably been too broken.

Pokabu line - I'm a huge fan of this line, especially Emboar's amazing movepool! I'm not actually that bothered with the secondary fighting type, as I haven't used Blaziken or Infernape. I see why people would be though, of course.

Mijumari line - ARGH. Such potential, and then turned into... that.

Minezumi line - Your standard run of the mill rodent. Hopefully not as annoying as Bidoof, or as widespread.

Yooterri line - I really love this line! And it's awesome facial hair! :P Will definately be a place on my team for this dog.

Choroneko line - Pretty cool. Leperasuda seems like a mix between Persian and Absol, which is great.

The Monkies! - This was a great idea, and I really like all three designs. my favourite is Yannapi though. Elvis monkeh for the win! :D

Musharna line - Nice enough, more of a gimmick pokemon to access the dream world.

Mamepato line - I do like these birds, especially the final evolution's spring form. I would've been nice to get a special based regional bird for once though.

Shimama line - Nice idea, and nicely executed. I really love the simpistic design.

Dengoro line - Hmm, I'm on the fence with these. First form is adorable, second is very strange, and final is all kinds of awesome. The new geodude it seems.

Koromori line - I love these two guys! Flying bat-pigs for the win! I won't mind running into these guys in caves, as apposed to Zubat.

Moguryuu - Great design. though why the color change from red to blue? :S

Tabunne - The new Chansey. I like how it can be found EVERYWHERE, albeit a little rare. Too sweet looking for me though.

Otamaru line - First two forms: EW. Final form: HELL YEAH!

Dokkora line - I do really like these guys, especially the little clown nose.

Nageki & Dageki - I originally thought that they were related, which really put me off. Now that I see that they're more akin to the Hitmons, I think that they're kind of cool.

Kurumiru line - LOVELOVELOVE.

Futsude line - ALSO LOVELOVELOVE. How will I choose between the two?! D:

Monmon line - The final form is awesome, and the first is like a cute little cloud. C:

Churine line - Also great, the second form looks very regal.

Basurao - Nice idea with the different colours, though it could've benefited from an evolution.

Meguroko line - AMAZING. The colour change to red seems to strangely work well for it.

Darumakku line - Interesting idea with the form changes, though I don't like the designs of the regular two.

Marukacchi - Woo, a dancing cactus.

Ishizumai line - The square shape of the rock annoys me, though it is an awesome deign.

Zuruggu lne - Very much a Croagunk counterpart. I really like the designs, and the looks on their faces. :P

Shinpora - Unown esque. An interesting pokemon.

Desumasu line - No rock/ghost?! D: Still great designs, though I can't work ou what desumasu actually is. :L

Purotooga line - Argh, it's like an ancient Lapras! I love it!

Aaken line - Another great fossil, with a great design to boot!

Yabakuron line - ....ewww. Muk II.

Zorua line - blahblahblah; it's all been said before. Not a fan.

Chillarmy line - Ehh, not a huge step up evolution wise. Poor stats too.

Gochimu line - Interesting idea, Gardevoir II.

Yuniran line - Sqee, I love it! <33 Will definately have a place on my team.

Koaruhii line - Nice enough.

Banipuchi line - what is this i dont even

Shikijika line - Awesome idea, especially the changing with the seasons!

Emonga - Pachirisu II.

Kapurumo line - Very interesting idea.

Tamagetake line- AWESOME. Voltorb II but better!

Pururiru line - I really love this, will be my water for sure.

Mamanbou - WHY IS THIS NOT A LUVDISC EVOLUTION!? It pretty much stops there being a chance of it getting one in the future too. D:

Bachuru line- <3333333

Tesshiido line - Bleurgh, it's ugly.

Gear line - Hmm, it's very simple. They could've at least changed the sprite of the gear. Magnemite II.

Shibishirashu line - Not a fan, at all.

Riguree line - It's an alien! And an awesome one at that!:DD

Hitomoshi line - I LOVE IT. WANT.

Kibago line - I really like the line, though why couldn't the fianl form have been Dragon/Bug?! D:

Kumashun line - It's pretty much an ice Ursaring.

Furiijio line - What the hell is this?! Worst. Design. Ever.

Chobomaki line - Great designs! There doesn't seem to be much in common between the two though.

Maggyo - LOL. Dunsparce II.

Kojofuu line - Very interesting. It looks like it should've had a final evo however, fighting/dragon or psychic.

Kurimugan - Not a good design; it's just a dragon, but with a red head.

Gobitto line - the typing doesn't make sense?!

Komatana line - It's great! A new favourite of mine!

Baffuron - WHY IS THIS NOT A TAURUS EVOLUTION?! It's afro is cool though. C:

Wargle line - Love it! First evo is very cute!

Baruchai line - YES, a Vulture!

Kuitaran & Aianto - Zangoose & Seviper II. I prefer Kuitaran out of the two.

Monozu line - First two forms - YAY, awesomeness! Last - ._. don't like it.

Meraruba line - FIRE/BUG <33333

Kobaruon, Terakion & Birijion - I'm failing to see the fighting type.

The 'rosu' genie things - Different poses please?! I really don't like these; they just don't seem to fit in with other pokemon. Very fakemon esque. D:

Reshiram - fire/dragon, yay!

Zekrom - electric/dragon, yay!

Kyuremi - ice/dragon, yay! ugly design, boo! There are rumours of it having two othe forms though..

Kerudio - hehe, my little pony. I do like it though.

Meloia - I'm interested to see the step form.

Insekuta - OMG A BUG LEGENDARY AND IT IS AWESOME!

Feel free to agree, disagree, blahblah.

lindsy95
19th September 2010, 1:43 PM
Kyremu seems to be the third counterpart with Resh and Zek, maybe its related to that legend about Reshram and Zekrom being the same pokemon?

Maybe N captures R/Z and Kyremu rescues you?
Specualaaaation.

Mahnmut
19th September 2010, 1:44 PM
Okay, bear with me people, I'm gonna to state my opinions on each and every new pokemon. Yeah, I'm bored. :L

Feel free to agree, disagree, blahblah.

I agree with most of you, but why do you think Ononokusu should have been bug? xD
It has a tail so it can't be a bug...

Kyremi seems to be the third counterpart with Resh and Zek, maybe its related to that legend about Reshram and Zekrom being the same pokemon?

Maybe N captures R/Z and Kyremu rescues you?
Specualaaaation.

Well we already know what happens in B/W, so I assume you are speculating about the third game?

~Dragon_Master~
19th September 2010, 1:48 PM
I don't really know; it just seemed bug-like. :P

lindsy95
19th September 2010, 1:50 PM
Well we already know what happens in B/W, so I assume you are speculating about the third game?

Yeah I'm talking about the third game, the speculation about platinum gave me the idea, but I assume you have to catch Kyremu, it doesn't just join you and then there is an epic double battle versus N.

If that happens of course, I'm probably wrong.

Louispierce
19th September 2010, 1:54 PM
http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/1131/montageq.png
this will help ^^

WOOOT Thanks for the sprites I have been looking for a complete set all day :D

Hazelnut Coffee
19th September 2010, 1:58 PM
Kyremu seems to be the third counterpart with Resh and Zek, maybe its related to that legend about Reshram and Zekrom being the same pokemon?

Like, in a Fight Club kind of way?

salemencelord
19th September 2010, 2:01 PM
i really like nattorei it looks awesome and its defense stats are amazing plus it has fairly good attack aswell i also like the idea of a grass steel

~Dragon_Master~
19th September 2010, 2:06 PM
I've seen people commenting on older pokemon's sprites, and shiny sprites. Does anyone know where I can find these?

redroses
19th September 2010, 2:11 PM
I've seen people commenting on older pokemon's sprites, and shiny sprites. Does anyone know where I can find these?

http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/index.php?position=front&color=normal

This shows all the sprites of B&W

~Dragon_Master~
19th September 2010, 2:12 PM
Thanks a lot! :D

Hazelnut Coffee
19th September 2010, 2:13 PM

Here's a link to the shinies.
http://stuff.veekun.com/bw-montage-shiny.png

I don't know about the older Pokemon, I've been looking for them too.

LimeStar
19th September 2010, 2:14 PM
Am I correct in thinking that the Raijin Trio are:

Torunerosu = Wind
Boruterosu = Lightning
Randorosu = Thunder?

Because that would be awesome, and I have a theory on why they are split in the dex:
What if to get Randorosu, you have to trade the version exclusive ones, a la Rayquaza in HGSS? That at least gives him some reason to be seperate.
Just my thoughts

lindsy95
19th September 2010, 2:16 PM
Wiell I know that the sprites have already been posted, I have another sprite source that is easier to load(less images per page). It has everything, back front and shiny. But its not organized in the correct order.

http://www.majhost.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=232465

Click on the sprites to get the nice transparent versions on them.

natie
19th September 2010, 2:25 PM
Torunerosu = Wind
Boruterosu = Lightning
Randorosu = Thunder?

Because that would be awesome, and I have a theory on why they are split in the dex:
What if to get Randorosu, you have to trade the version exclusive ones, a la Rayquaza in HGSS? That at least gives him some reason to be seperate.Sounds like a pretty plausible theory.

Mahnmut
19th September 2010, 2:25 PM
oh wow, our ground/ghost is able to fly and electric/ground is able to surf, nice

Walcott
19th September 2010, 2:34 PM

Torunerosu = Wind
Boruterosu = Lightning
Randorosu = Thunder?

What if to get Randorosu, you have to trade the version exclusive ones, a la Rayquaza in HGSS? That at least gives him some reason to be seperate.
Just my thoughts

I agree with what natie said, though I think the idea of the Rayquaza thing is too far for a Pokémon game ^^; Just my opinion. But I do like the trio, and the idea of wind, thunder, and lightning makes them cooler n.n

natie
19th September 2010, 2:38 PM
the idea of the Rayquaza thing is too far for a Pokémon game ^^;Well, it's been done before, so I don't see why they shouldn't be able to do it again.

Mahnmut
19th September 2010, 2:44 PM
awesome, the pokedex entries are translated :D

lindsy95
19th September 2010, 2:46 PM
Yeah, I don't see why not, the Rayqayza thing has been done already.

Dex entries? WHERE!?

Mahnmut
19th September 2010, 2:49 PM
Dex entries? WHERE!?

They are on Pokebeach :)

GaGalicious
19th September 2010, 2:49 PM
Are there sprites for the official formes yet? Hihidaruma's Daruma Mode, Meloetta's Step Forme, etc.

Walcott
19th September 2010, 2:50 PM
I'm saying I don't think a normal Legend would have to be unlocked that way. Like with the Sinjoh Ruins event thing, that wasn't for a Johto Legend, which is why it required a Pok&#233;mon from a different game. Same with the Pichu one. Have there been any so far in past games that were a regular Legendary, but had to be unlocked via a different Legend from a different game?

Clay Psyduck
19th September 2010, 2:55 PM
I am trying to figure out who the third one represents.

The Flying one, I assume is Fujin:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F&#37;C5%ABjin

And the Flying/Electric one is, I assume, Raijin (Raiden):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raijin

Can't figure out who the ground one is supposed to represent.

lindsy95
19th September 2010, 2:55 PM
They are on Pokebeach :)

Aweshum, thanks ^.^

Clay Psyduck
19th September 2010, 2:56 PM
Have there been any so far in past games that were a regular Legendary, but had to be unlocked via a different Legend from a different game?

What about Regigigas?

Walcott
19th September 2010, 3:00 PM
What about Regigigas?

Alright, thanks ^^ I really wasn't sure if there were any before, at least none that I could think of.

But still... to get the Rayquaza, don't you need to first get the Kyogre/Groudon from each game, transfer them to the same game, then get the Rayquaza? That's also what seemed a little too far for me ^^

Not saying it can't be done, just that I don't think it would be :3

natie
19th September 2010, 3:01 PM
What about Regigigas?Well, Regigigas is unlocked through 3 other legendaries from a different game.

Slimslamer
19th September 2010, 3:02 PM
I'm kind of depressed that Hihidaruma's 'daruma mode,' only activates when he's under 50&#37; hp. Is there any way to get a Hihidaruma with a permanent 'Daruma Mode'? Also, can anyone tell me if a list of pokemon locations/ any more sugimori art has come out yet?

Walcott
19th September 2010, 3:06 PM
I am trying to figure out who the third one represents.

The Flying one, I assume is Fujin:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F&#37;C5%ABjin

And the Flying/Electric one is, I assume, Raijin (Raiden):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raijin

Can't figure out who the ground one is supposed to represent.

Tenjin, maybe? It's really similar to Raijin, but it's the closest thing I could find doing a few quick searches.

Flygon5
19th September 2010, 3:17 PM
Woo, I'm kind of excited right now. Just turned on a stream of Pokemon Black and he just encountered Monozu in Victory Road, so I now know where to get him when I get that far, as I hadn't seen anybody know as of yet. And I'm not sure if he was in a battle with a trainer or a wild battle but he also encountered Kuitaran there, so that's nice too if it was wild.

Clay Psyduck
19th September 2010, 3:24 PM
Alright, thanks ^^ I really wasn't sure if there were any before, at least none that I could think of.

But still... to get the Rayquaza, don't you need to first get the Kyogre/Groudon from each game, transfer them to the same game, then get the Rayquaza? That's also what seemed a little too far for me ^^

Not saying it can't be done, just that I don't think it would be :3

Yes. To get Rayquaza in HGSS, you need to have a Kyogre from HG and a Groudon from SS.

And for Regigigas in Diamond/Pearl, you needed to have Regirock, Regice and Registeel from RSE. Without them, no Regigigas.

So it isn't that far out there for them to be like "You need to have both Torneros and Voltros to get Landros", though who knows?

And while not exactly the same, DPPt also introduced Pokemon that can ONLY evolve in Sinnoh, which is bizarre. I dunno how we're supposed to get things like Magnezone or Glaceon in Gen.V (other than sending them over).

Tenjin, maybe? It's really similar to Raijin, but it's the closest thing I could find doing a few quick searches.

Maybe! I also looked up Kami on Wiki and found "Sarutahiko Okami", who is apparently the "kami of earth", which could fit.

Well, Regigigas is unlocked through 3 other legendaries from a different game.

Yes, but the question was about whether or not they would lock a main legendary that wasn't an event. Regigigas was introduced in DP, but you needed pokemon from RSE to obtain him, thus locking a legendary within its own gen, requiring a Pokemon (in this case, 3) from another game.

Linkdarkside
19th September 2010, 3:26 PM
Tenjin, maybe? It's really similar to Raijin, but it's the closest thing I could find doing a few quick searches.but only Raijin and Fujin have appeared using clouds in anime and stuff like that.

Walcott
19th September 2010, 3:46 PM
but only Raijin and Fujin have appeared using clouds in anime and stuff like that.

Okay, but like I said, I only did a few searches. But still, why would this be solely based on other animé and such? tbh what I suggested makes more sense since Tenjin is very similar to the other two in terms of what they would really be based on. js.

I'm hoping most of these Pokémon are easy to find in the beginning of the game. I've been afraid that the ones I really want won't be available right away :<

macka
19th September 2010, 3:48 PM
oh wow, our ground/ghost is able to fly and electric/ground is able to surf, nice
Where did you find out this? If true, that is awesome! Does anyone know where Gorgo can be caught?

bleeding-chocobo
19th September 2010, 3:54 PM
Does anyone know when one can get Kibago early in the game?

Pokefan1023
19th September 2010, 4:07 PM
I wonder were we can get Shikijika (you know, the deer Pokemon that changes with the seasons). I really want her evo /; I'm hoping Serebii can get the Pokedex updated with locations before my game arrives.

Mahnmut
19th September 2010, 4:09 PM
Where did you find out this? If true, that is awesome! Does anyone know where Gorgo can be caught?

we already know which pokemon are able to learn which attacks (by level and by tm/hm)

the link: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78985

diehatsu
19th September 2010, 4:15 PM
Hitomoshi 607: While appearing to shed light and serve as a guidepost, it sucks out creatures’ lifeforce.
...but it's sooo cute i'm gonna risk it

nikohesus
19th September 2010, 4:18 PM
So the ground/ghost can fly? That's great! Then I won't need a flying Pokemon to get around Isshu!

Linkdarkside
19th September 2010, 4:23 PM
so on Smuglord stats who is correct Bulbapedia or Serebii?

daviddajoker07
19th September 2010, 4:31 PM
Full Pokedex is out on Veekun!

http://veekun.com/dex/pokemon/search?sort=evolution-chain&introduced_in=5

Phantomnazo
19th September 2010, 4:32 PM
I just noticed that the ground/ghost is a automatron. Kinda strange typing for a automatron if you ask me, but its cool never the less.

SasakiThePikachu
19th September 2010, 4:43 PM
Woo, I'm kind of excited right now. Just turned on a stream of Pokemon Black and he just encountered Monozu in Victory Road, so I now know where to get him when I get that far, as I hadn't seen anybody know as of yet. And I'm not sure if he was in a battle with a trainer or a wild battle but he also encountered Kuitaran there, so that's nice too if it was wild.

Victory road? Oh, fabulous. I was terrified they were going to do a Gen2 'let's stick Larvitar in the last possible place in the game by which point you've not only lost the will to raise him but the will to live' ploy on the poor little fella. That would've been even more annoying considering his staggering desire not to evolve until stupid levels (64wtf?!). But Vic Road is ok. I can live with that.

I'll second the motion - anyone found Kibago's location yet? Or Gochimu??

About the notification thingy, I suggest anyone with a gripe about it writes to Nintendo of America and tell them (coherently) how you feel. I emailed their customer service & general comments this morning. If enough fans do it, maybe they'll think twice about being so petty and biting the hand that feeds them...

Joe.
19th September 2010, 5:01 PM
Haha, Doryuuzu can't learn Rock Polish via TM69, smart move on their part :P

redroses
19th September 2010, 5:09 PM
I just looked at Doryuuzu on veekun and why the heck is it so small, that looks so wrong XD

Joe.
19th September 2010, 5:10 PM
Ice Punch as an egg move is cool, seems weird though.

Yeah in that one pic he was tiny <<

xMetagrossx
19th September 2010, 5:11 PM
ya regiggas needed all 3 regis

Grei
19th September 2010, 5:30 PM
With Iwaparesu, what's that big thing on top of him, a block of concrete or something?

It's supposed to be layers of sedimentary rock, I believe.

Which I don't think makes as much sense as giving it something different, like a shell. I love the hermit crab but I feel like Bug/Rock is such a weird typing for it. I understand the Bug part to an extent, but since Hermit Crabs can be aquatic I figured Bug/Water would be a good type combination for it. Ah well.

On topic, I think people would have accepted the argument about Gear being 'more complex and complete' if they'd evolved it visually, made it visibly better, instead of just the 'more is better' creed. It's like glueing one jigglypuff to another jigglypuff and going, 'oh look, it's better now - there's two of them'. It feels lazy, but that's just my two cents.

But that's what BCVM was talking about--people willingly accepted evolutions that would be lazy by today's standards--Diglett to Dugtrio, Magnemite to Magneton, Voltorb to Electrode--they're all incredibly simplistic evolutions, yet everyone was fine with them when Pokemon first came out. Now that Gear has a similar evolution (and yet, is still more complex because it's more than just two Gears becoming one Pokemon--it's becoming more of a machine than just two simple gears), people are upset with it? That doesn't make any sense.

If Gear's evolutionary line sucks, then Magnemite's and Diglett's and Koffing's evolutionary lines must suck even more.

Kuitaran's not available until Victory Road? Jeez. That seems so late for a Pokemon that's trumped in a number of ways by Hihidaruma.

so on Smuglord stats who is correct Bulbapedia or Serebii?

Chances are Serebii is.

Urgamoth 637: In battle it scatters smoldering scales from its 6 wings, turning the area around it into a sea of flames.

That is epic.

Flygon5
19th September 2010, 5:37 PM
Victory road? Oh, fabulous. I was terrified they were going to do a Gen2 'let's stick Larvitar in the last possible place in the game by which point you've not only lost the will to raise him but the will to live' ploy on the poor little fella. That would've been even more annoying considering his staggering desire not to evolve until stupid levels (64wtf?!). But Vic Road is ok. I can live with that.

I'll second the motion - anyone found Kibago's location yet? Or Gochimu??

About the notification thingy, I suggest anyone with a gripe about it writes to Nintendo of America and tell them (coherently) how you feel. I emailed their customer service & general comments this morning. If enough fans do it, maybe they'll think twice about being so petty and biting the hand that feeds them...

On Kibago, I read a post on Gamefaqs saying that "On route 6, there is a little lake where you can surf along that leads to a cave. You need flash, surf and strength to go through the cave. Kibago is inside there too." And he said you are able to catch it after you beat the first 6 gyms, you should have all those moves available to use.

Also I saw somebody say that Gochimu is found on the route just after the 4th gym city, and obviously Yuniran is found there instead in White. And concering the anteater guy, I don't know if you can find him earlier, perharps you can, but I just saw it being encountered in Victory Road, so it is at least there could be in other places too, but I'm not that far yet.

Waldorf
19th September 2010, 5:39 PM
But that's what BCVM was talking about--people willingly accepted evolutions that would be lazy by today's standards--Diglett to Dugtrio, Magnemite to Magneton, Voltorb to Electrode--they're all incredibly simplistic evolutions, yet everyone was fine with them when Pokemon first came out. Now that Gear has a similar evolution (and yet, is still more complex because it's more than just two Gears becoming one Pokemon--it's becoming more of a machine than just two simple gears), people are upset with it? That doesn't make any sense.

If Gear's evolutionary line sucks, then Magnemite's and Diglett's and Koffing's evolutionary lines must suck even more.

I think it's pretty obvious that standards have changed in regards to Pokémon designs since the first generation, when there were no standards.

Electric
19th September 2010, 5:45 PM
OMG Politoed gets the ability Drizzle! That's so cool. Now a lot of people including me will use Politoed :D

Grei
19th September 2010, 5:56 PM
I think it's pretty obvious that standards have changed in regards to Pokémon designs since the first generation, when there were no standards.

Then our opinions should have changed on Dugtrio, Magneton, and Electrode by now. If the standards have changed, then people's opinions on the Pokemon should have changed as well. Yet, they haven't. People still consider Magneton ingenius while they find Gigear and Gigigear to be lazy additions to Gear, and that isn't right.

Something is wrong, by today's standards, if Gear's line sucks but pretty much the entirety of Kanto's lines are ingenius and perfect.

Linkdarkside
19th September 2010, 6:00 PM
I just noticed that the ground/ghost is a automatron. Kinda strange typing for a automatron if you ask me, but its cool never the less.what is a automatron?

Waldorf
19th September 2010, 6:07 PM
Then our opinions should have changed on Dugtrio, Magneton, and Electrode by now. If the standards have changed, then people's opinions on the Pokemon should have changed as well. Yet, they haven't. People still consider Magneton ingenius while they find Gigear and Gigigear to be lazy additions to Gear, and that isn't right.

They do? Magnemite-Magneton is anything but ingenious, but I can accept it because it was the first generation and it was pretty much "anything goes". By the fifth generation the "add more things to it" approach has already been done and it's not surprising to see that people expect something more interesting.

That said, Gigigear's sprite is probably meant to be seen in motion, so people should probably hold their tongues for now.

davidxrawr
19th September 2010, 6:17 PM
How do you all feel about the evolution levels?
i tjink there to high I mean the dark/dragon's first eveolution is at 50 and then it evolves again at 64! Its a bit extreme in my opinion "/ I hope (if possible) they tweak the evolution levels a bit for the US release ",

Sabonea_Masukippa
19th September 2010, 6:17 PM

Torunerosu = Wind
Boruterosu = Lightning
Randorosu = Thunder?

Torunerosu = Wind, Yes (Name comes from tornedo)
Boruterosu = Lightning, Yes (Name comes from bolt)
Randorosu = Thunder? bubuuu, no, sorry it's Land.

2/3 is excellent though and better than most people who dismissed these right off the bat.

Something is wrong, by today's standards, if Gear's line sucks but pretty much the entirety of Kanto's lines are ingenius and perfect.

It's "They didn't change it and now it sucks!" combined with a little bit of nostalgia bias. (I am convinced there are a lot of people who consider 1st gen to have exclusively consisted of Charizard, Pikachu and Mewtwo).

PJ_Graphix
19th September 2010, 6:29 PM
gah people. the 1st day it was the garbage bag and ice cream arguments. then it was the "ghosts are always inanimate objects now" arguments about the fire/ghost chandelier and sarcophagus. and now its the gear argument. get over it.

and gear is very creative and cant wait to see it in motion. a very nice concept and as magnemites line has human magnets on it theres nothing worng with a pokemon based on gears and cogs. i will call my gigigear "clockwork" and it will rule the world, err, i mean, do decently in battle. lol.

pokemon are individual beings and shouldnt be compared to one another. this is a different region not connected to the others ALMOST in its entirety. just imagine as if this was the very first pokemon game. the creatures are made from scratch and are a fresh start of sorts. enjoy them without all the bi+$%ing and moaning.

on a side not. lol, we have an airport, basketball court and a football field in this game!

davidxrawr
19th September 2010, 6:30 PM
anyone know if we can get monozu (dark/dragon) before the elite four?

Krake
19th September 2010, 6:32 PM
How do you all feel about the evolution levels?
i tjink there to high I mean the dark/dragon's first eveolution is at 50 and then it evolves again at 64! Its a bit extreme in my opinion "/ I hope (if possible) they tweak the evolution levels a bit for the US release ",

They're not going to change the levels just for the US release. What you see is what you get.

PJ_Graphix
19th September 2010, 6:40 PM
oh, by the way. the selection is huge now. how fun are themed teams going to be now!! i might actually make competitive personal "GYM" teams to use on here and offer prizes to those who can beat me. my plans are for a Bird Team, a Bug Team, a Bone Team, maybe even a Primate Team now that there are 6 of em, lol. just for fun of course, thats what the games all about

but in all seriousness ive always wanted to make a good bird team. im thinking Wargle, Zapdos, Empoleon, Blaziken, the dino-bird, and who knows what else... i'll think of something

Phantomnazo
19th September 2010, 6:43 PM
what is a automatron?

Its basically an anchient design of robots (its from greek mythology).

PJ_Graphix
19th September 2010, 6:47 PM
wow i never knew robots were in mythology. thats freakin awesome. lol.

btw, is it just me or does that regeneration ability seem amazing!?

http://serebii.net/abilitydex/regeneration.shtml

it says it heals the pokemon when itswitches. now we just need to see if its fully healed, or just like 1/4 or another percentage... if its fully healed, lets hope none of them get U-Turn, or else theyd be a serious scouting threat.

Seraphina
19th September 2010, 6:52 PM
The water fighting pony is the master of the musketeer trio right? Just checking because of the types

Yes I do like mudkipz
19th September 2010, 6:52 PM
Can somebody tell me all the version exclusives, I only know the box legendaries the grass ones, and the jelly monster and gothica.

Grei
19th September 2010, 6:56 PM
Can somebody tell me all the version exclusives, I only know the box legendaries the grass ones, and the jelly monster and gothica.

Serebii just reported that Torunerosu and Boruterosu (the two genies side-by side in dex order) are version exclusives (not sure which one is in which), and that you needed both to get to the third genie.

Washibon/Wargle (in Black) and Vulchai/Vuljina (in White) are also version exclusives.

Phantomnazo
19th September 2010, 6:59 PM

There have been rumors that the ant, automatron, clam, and vulture are white exclusive, and the anteater, power ranger, knight bug, and wargle are exclusive to black.

mitchman_93
Serebii just reported that Torunerosu and Boruterosu (the two genies side-by side in dex order) are version exclusives (not sure which one is in which), and that you needed both to get to the third genie.

Washibon/Wargle (in Black) and Vulchai/Vuljina (in White) are also version exclusives.
And the flying robot is in white, while black gets some power ranger.

PJ_Graphix
Sabonea_Masukippa , you have posted the same post 3 times on page 5. are you having computer issues or something?

oh by the way, this is probably a dumb question. but anywone ever wish the gyms werent always type-specific. the gyms are fine the way they are but i think itd be cool for themed gyms instead. like a Reptile Gym (scale badge?). a Fish Gym(gill badge). a Speed Gym(locomotion badge). or like a Fossile/Bone Gym(marrow badge). ive always thought that would be interesting and tougher as youd have to prepare for anything, not just a type advantage.

because sure the fossile pokemon are rock types and can lose to water most of the time, but in the Bone Gym there would be the new Vulture pokemon, and Lucario as they also have bone themes, not to mention a Marowak. i'm just saying, itd be fun to see it happen

(thats why im going to do it myself and see if anyone will challenge my themed gym teams.)

nikohesus
19th September 2010, 7:00 PM
I wonder if the trainer spriters were ripped yet? I'm just curious, and I wonder why the genie trio is split up by the R@Ms.

Mewtwo_soul
19th September 2010, 7:03 PM
oh, by the way. the selection is huge now. how fun are themed teams going to be now!! i might actually make competitive personal "GYM" teams to use on here and offer prizes to those who can beat me. my plans are for a Bird Team, a Bug Team, a Bone Team, maybe even a Primate Team now that there are 6 of em, lol. just for fun of course, thats what the games all about

but in all seriousness ive always wanted to make a good bird team. im thinking Wargle, Zapdos, Empoleon, Blaziken, the dino-bird, and who knows what else... i'll think of something

I'm loving the fact that I can now make more "novelty" teams with some of the designs. (Like Megaman based teams)

And I agree people need to grow up about designs. There is no excuse when they use double standards to make a case on the Pokemon.

It's "They didn't change it and now it sucks!" combined with a little bit of nostalgia bias. (I am convinced there are a lot of people who consider 1st gen to have exclusively consisted of Charizard, Pikachu and Mewtwo).

People may like Charizard but he isn't original. A Salamandra/mander based lizard (which is practically a dragon in mythology anyway) isn't that original. Also I have to ask the complainers do you want change or not. 99% of them complain about how the style has changed and then 99% complained previously that it didn't change enough. These people are inable of being satisfied and really obnoxious.

Its basically an anchient design of robots (its from greek mythology).

Close enough to the ideal of what machines would become by their standards, but it also reminds me of relay GD's (not Gundam) concepts that have been all over mythology.

Yes I do like mudkipz
19th September 2010, 7:05 PM

NO! I am going to get white but warble is one of my favorite from this gen. Where did you find this out. The first stage is cute and the second kne is pure awesome. The vultures are only meh. POR QUE?

Will-powered Spriter
19th September 2010, 7:05 PM
I've been looking at smogons metagame discussions, and Ditto's new dream world ability theoretically makes ScarfDitto a top-tier revenge killer. That's hilarious.

Also, any speculation on english names? I think Rattlaxe would make a good name for Ononokuso.

rayquaza128
19th September 2010, 7:08 PM
I'm a bit confused. When I was on the site now, it said that Jaroda had stats of 75/75/95/113/75/95. But before, it had said that Jaroda had 75/75/95/75/95/113. Which one is true?

Mush
19th September 2010, 7:09 PM
So far I like most of the animated sprites that were posted on 4chan. Some are a little simple and some are odd, but most of them are prety cool. However, does anyone know if the odd movements (the movements that happens after a few loops) happen when the pokemon is reacting to an attack or just part of the ongoing loop?

Mahnmut
I wonder if the trainer spriters were ripped yet? I'm just curious, and I wonder why the genie trio is split up by the R@Ms.

We already have the trainer sprites, but not the overworld ones
about the genies, it's because you find the third one by having the first (version-exclusive) two

And the flying robot is in white, while black gets some power ranger.

Not true, it are just rumours (false rumours)

Andyhaunt
I know this has been asked before many times, but oddly nobody has answered. Please!!!! I need to know WHEN IS THE SUGIMORI ART FOR THE NEW POKEMON COMING??????

In gen III and Gen IV, how long did it take for the sugimori art to be shown in the internet after the games came out?? I can´t wait... HELP ME!!!!!!!

Mewtwo_soul
19th September 2010, 7:11 PM
@rayquaza128: More than likely the updated (new stat listing) is correct. (If it doesn't get revised again due to an error or something)

Clay Psyduck
19th September 2010, 7:13 PM
Guys.

Other than Monmen/Churine, Reshiram/Zekrom and Ranculous/Gothiselle, Torneros/Voltros, none of the version exclusives have been confirmed at all.

A lot of people were saying they found the supposed 'black' exclusives in White. Until Serebii confirms it somehow, you gotta stop referencing that image.

ALSO

looks like confirmation on Landros being HGSS Rayquaza of B/W. Dun dun dun!

Seraphina
19th September 2010, 7:14 PM
Kyuremu according to another site has 2 power 140 signature moves plus frozen world. Could it be that it will change form in the 3rd version?

nikohesus
19th September 2010, 7:15 PM
We already have the trainer sprites, but not the overworld ones
about the genies, it's because you find the third one by having the first (version-exclusive) two

Where are the sprites?

Mahnmut
19th September 2010, 7:17 PM
Where are the sprites?

Well, if someone here tells me how to use spoilers and how to post images, i'll post the sheet here lol

nikohesus
19th September 2010, 7:19 PM
Well, if someone here tells me how to use spoilers and how to post images, i'll post the sheet here lol

I'd prefer a link to upload them myself. Thanks.

And apparently people have seen the animated sprites on 2chan...

bloodghoul
19th September 2010, 7:21 PM
Just wondering whether some one can help me on what Baibanira (The Double Scoop Ice Cream Pokemon's) Base Stats are?
This is because on serebii's New Pokemon Page it says its base stats are...

HP/Atk/Def/SpA/SpDef/Speed
71/95/85/79/110/95

But on its actual BW Pokedex it says
HP/Atk/Def/SpA/SpD/Speed
71/95/85/110/95/79

Now as you will have notices the SpA, SpDef and Speed are changed around?

I checked on another reputable pokemon site which likes sand and its listed the base stats as..

HP/Atk/Def/SpA/SpD/Speed
71/95/85/110/95/79

This matches the Pokedex entry so what would you believe lol.

Kamajama
19th September 2010, 7:24 PM
uhm, believe the in-game pokedex?

Mahnmut
19th September 2010, 7:26 PM
I'd prefer a link to upload them myself. Thanks.

And apparently people have seen the animated sprites on 2chan...

Seems I lost the link hmm...

and well yeah, people have been busy ripping the moving sprites

Yes I do like mudkipz
19th September 2010, 7:28 PM
Guys.

Other than Monmen/Churine, Reshiram/Zekrom and Ranculous/Gothiselle, Torneros/Voltros, none of the version exclusives have been confirmed at all.

A lot of people were saying they found the supposed 'black' exclusives in White. Until Serebii confirms it somehow, you gotta stop referencing that image.

ALSO

Thank you, I haz hope.

Will-powered Spriter
19th September 2010, 7:33 PM
Seems I lost the link hmm...

and well yeah, people have been busy ripping the moving sprites

Do you have a link to the latter?

Yes I do like mudkipz
19th September 2010, 7:34 PM
Guys.

ALSO

Thank you. You gave me hopez.

shadow wolf
19th September 2010, 7:39 PM
http://i55.*******.com/kbdetk.jpg

Got it, does this work.
Also, thanks for the sprite help, nikohesus.

Andyhaunt
19th September 2010, 7:43 PM
SUGIMORI ART anyone????

How much do we have to wait?? How long did it take in genIV?

I am going crazy!!!!!!!! Need answers

Mewtwo_soul
19th September 2010, 7:45 PM
Team Rocket didn't create Mewtwo by the game's story. (only in the anime, in the games a group of scientist) Sorry, just a big peeve of mine people spread that around. (I love Team Rocket but it didn't happen in the games)

Personally I'm also interested in what bug Pokemon it could be based from. Then again maybe we'll never find out. (Or it'll be a bug Pokemon from a future generation not released yet)

Edit: @Andyhaunt: We don't know, that's why nobody is answering. There is no specific time it'll be released.

Lucario At Service
19th September 2010, 7:49 PM
Team Rocket didn't create Mewtwo by the game's story. (only in the anime, in the games a group of scientist) Sorry, just a big peeve of mine people spread that around. (I love Team Rocket but it didn't happen in the games)
From what i remember, TR funded the project of making Mewtwo in the game. That was also the case in the manga story as well which follows the Game story almost completely.

Phantomnazo
19th September 2010, 7:51 PM

Personally I'm also interested in what bug Pokemon it could be based from. Then again maybe we'll never find out. (Or it'll be a bug Pokemon from a future generation not released yet)

Actually he was created by TR in the pokemon special manga too.

I want to know about genosects past too. Didn't his dex data say that he was an anchient bug that was awakend and givin armor to by team plasma? I hope we get the event sometime next year.

Mewtwo_soul
19th September 2010, 7:52 PM
Nope didn't happen. The Cinnabar records in the game only mention scientist. The manga had a different story from the games, and anime.

Look up Bulbapedia if you don't believe me, or go play a copy of RBGY or FRLG

Edit: I remember the Blaine thing happening in the Special manga, however, the creation was way different in all three mediums. In the games, a group of scientist created Mewtwo. Giovanni and TR hadno relation. In the manga Blaine was responsible for it (sharing his genes/split/etc. Leading to that part) and in the anime Dr. Fuji (no relation to Mr. Fuji) was responsible for Mewtwo using a fossil of a Mew instead of a live Mew.

nikohesus
19th September 2010, 7:53 PM

Got it, does this work.
Also, thanks for the sprite help, nikohesus.

Thanks, bud!

Clay Psyduck
19th September 2010, 7:54 PM
I wonder when people will stop asking about Sugimori art. The game has been out for 2 days, officially, and we're not going to get art until a guide pops up or the site updates.

But I expect to much of people who clearly just pop into a topic, post a question and don't read anything else.

From what i remember, TR funded the project of making Mewtwo in the game. That was also the case in the manga story as well which follows the Game story almost completely.

Pretty sure Team Rocket is actually never mentioned. Ever. In any of the stuff on Cinnabar regarding Mew or Mewtwo.

EDIT: Only person vaguely referenced with Mew is possibly Fuji, in Emerald, on Faraway Island.

G_Major
19th September 2010, 7:54 PM
Jaroda's stats flipped around on the New Pokemon page. It says he has high Sp.Attack, good Speed, and good Sp.Defense. I hope to God that this is true.

Seraphina
19th September 2010, 7:56 PM
http://serebii.net/pokedex-bw/497.shtml Not sure about that

shadow wolf
19th September 2010, 7:58 PM
Your welcome.

Anyway, mewtwo is right the game only says scientists made him. Now they could of been sponsored or the like by team rocket, but that is purely speculation and nothing else .

G_Major
19th September 2010, 8:00 PM
http://serebii.net/pokedex-bw/497.shtml Not sure about that

http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon.shtml

I meant right there -_- I noticed some other stats flipped around a lot, so it's most likely just a silly mistake. Just worth pointing out though.

Seraphina
19th September 2010, 8:00 PM
So Far I am absolutely in Love with The Chandelier and Uragamosu. <33 so epic

davidxrawr
19th September 2010, 8:14 PM
anyone else think that there arent many offensive water types this generation? (excluding starters and legendaries)

mickey
19th September 2010, 8:16 PM
Excuse me, where did you find moving sprites?

PJ_Graphix
19th September 2010, 8:20 PM
anyone else think that there arent many offensive water types this generation? (excluding starters and legendaries)

yes and as far as i am concerned, its only fair. every gen had an over-abundance of water types. so many bulky waters its ridiculous. its the most common type previously, while fire types were shunned to barely any. this gen has evened out the playing field in a good way by putting in less water types and more fire,bug,steel,fighting,etc. now the battlegrounds are anyones game and not one-sided because there are plenty to choose from.

Bugs will dominate!. Fire will be more common

Johto King
19th September 2010, 8:23 PM
Does anyone know when you can trade from HG/SS to black and white? And where is everyone finding all these pokemon sprites?

davidxrawr
19th September 2010, 8:31 PM
pokemon sprites (back, front, and shiny) =]
http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/

Mahnmut
19th September 2010, 8:33 PM
Does anyone know when you can trade from HG/SS to black and white? And where is everyone finding all these pokemon sprites?

after defeating the E4

Extreme Floatzel
19th September 2010, 8:35 PM
Does anybody know the proper stats for jaroda, on the new pokemon page it is differant from the black and white pokedex, and I'm a little bit confused.

Grei
19th September 2010, 8:44 PM
Does anybody know the proper stats for jaroda, on the new pokemon page it is differant from the black and white pokedex, and I'm a little bit confused.

Serebii's stat distribution on the New Pokemon page (http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon.shtml) (and the general stat distribution on the Pokedex) showed Jaroda being a speedy tank, with the stats as follows:

HP: 75, Attack: 75, Defense: 95, Sp. Atk: 75, Sp. Def: 95, Speed: 113

Those are the base stats on it's Pokedex page as well.

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/497.shtml
(go down to the stats, the base stats are listed just above the three rows for Hindering, Neutral, and Beneficial Natures.)

I believe that's the correct stat distribution. I think Bulbapedia's is different but I'd believe Serebii over Bulbapedia.

mickey
19th September 2010, 8:47 PM
Nobody knows where to find moving sprites? :)

CyndaquilRules
19th September 2010, 8:49 PM
Wow. Now that I can see the backsprites.. They're amazing.

Also, to people saying it's silly not to use backsprites based on their image, some of us, like me, only use Pokemon that look good and don't care about stats..

Slimslamer
19th September 2010, 8:55 PM
I think Erufuun just might have the potential to be a OU-class pokemon. Even ignoring tiers, its ability, 'Mischievous heart' is absurdly strong, and it's very fast (even within the context of this extreme generation) with decent defensive stats. If it can learn a move that boosts its defense, or sp. attack, it could honestly be a huge threat.
ex:
Funn Times:
-Stockpile
-Nasty Plot
-Synthesis/baton pass
-*Some attack*

I sadly doubt erufunn would get that good a movepool, but the point is that it has some serious potential.

Also, I think I misread its stats, but I could have sworn Agirudan had like 140 speed before serebii took down the pictures, I was pretty sure Hihidarma normal form and that leopard were nothing to sneaze at either. Am I crazy or was smething changed?

Ungoliath
19th September 2010, 9:11 PM
I can't get to the link posted. T_T

And talking about the desings...It's incredible that I don't dislike ANY of the Pokemon in this generation EXCEPT the legendaries which I never use so I'm quite happy.

Also the change on the metagame made me EXTREMELY happy and I'm considering spending my money on a DS to play White version legally.

davidxrawr
19th September 2010, 9:16 PM
can someone post the B n W trainer sprites so i can save em and put on on my signature ",

shadow wolf
19th September 2010, 9:26 PM
This is an entire roster.
If you want individual sprites nikohesus is working on them but only has one right now, Black.
So, click here: http://www.majhost.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=232512

Mewtwo_soul
19th September 2010, 9:27 PM
I can't get to the link posted. T_T

And talking about the desings...It's incredible that I don't dislike ANY of the Pokemon in this generation EXCEPT the legendaries which I never use so I'm quite happy.

Also the change on the metagame made me EXTREMELY happy and I'm considering spending my money on a DS to play White version legally.

I don't get the bottom portion of what you said. Every game of Pokemon has a different metagame, unless you are talking about Stealth Rock not being so steadily viable oir available as I've heard. Other than that I'm confused.

nikohesus
19th September 2010, 9:27 PM
Will upload soon, but got school tommorrow. :(

Don't worry... the trainer sprites will be up.

Yes I do like mudkipz
19th September 2010, 9:31 PM
The only pokemon that I'm kind of like what the hell at is the ice cream and garbage bag pokemon but they are okay I guess. I like most of the other pokemon though. Gear should be able to know fly, that would be awesome.

Ungoliath
19th September 2010, 9:35 PM
I don't get the bottom portion of what you said. Every game of Pokemon has a different metagame, unless you are talking about Stealth Rock not being so steadily viable oir available as I've heard. Other than that I'm confused.
My English sucks, I was afraid I was misunderstood.

I'm trying to say that the new changes on abilities that came out with Dream World plus the new moves they created (Including with more stats changes and ability-changers) made a HUGE change on the way the game is played. This crack is way huge than the additions in previous generations, which makes this "metagame" more noticeable.
It even included change in previous moves to fit the logic of Pokemon (Such as Body Weight moves, including Body Slam or Stomp in this category) and a fix in some attacks (Such a Jump Kick and High Jump Kick)

It's an upside down change that will mark the difference...A LOT.

G_Major
19th September 2010, 9:37 PM
Is the male trainer's name Black? or is that the chick?

shadow wolf
19th September 2010, 9:42 PM
The male is Black and the female is white.

LudaChris78
19th September 2010, 9:44 PM
yes and as far as i am concerned, its only fair. every gen had an over-abundance of water types. so many bulky waters its ridiculous. its the most common type previously, while fire types were shunned to barely any. this gen has evened out the playing field in a good way by putting in less water types and more fire,bug,steel,fighting,etc. now the battlegrounds are anyones game and not one-sided because there are plenty to choose from.

Bugs will dominate!. Fire will be more common

This may be a dumb question but where are you getting your sprites in your sig? I'd like to put some in mine to make my team.

And yes I'm so happy about the overabundance of fire and bug in this gen. Fire types especially got screwed the past few gens.

There are so many pokemon I want to use in this gen...

Rerbren
19th September 2010, 9:44 PM
The only pokemon that I'm kind of like what the hell at is the ice cream and garbage bag pokemon but they are okay I guess. I like most of the other pokemon though. Gear should be able to know fly, that would be awesome.

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of that icecream cone either, but the garbage bag is freakin' awesome!

shadow wolf
19th September 2010, 9:50 PM
This may be a dumb question but where are you getting your sprites in your sig? I'd like to put some in mine to make my team.

And yes I'm so happy about the overabundance of fire and bug in this gen. Fire types especially got screwed the past few gens.

There are so many pokemon I want to use in this gen...

http://www.majhost.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=232465
Triple click on the image you want and then just copy image location and paste it in your sig.

davidxrawr
19th September 2010, 9:57 PM

http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/
Here is where i got mine =]

G_Major
19th September 2010, 10:02 PM
http://willspokeprofiles.blogspot.com/2010/09/poke-profile-jaroda.html
According to this site, there was a mix up in Jaroda's stats. Speed and his Special stats got mixed up. I really hope this to be true. It feels wrong to be afraid of choosing a starter :P

On a side note, does anybody just llllooooooooooovvve that awesome chandelier Pokemon? He's beyond a new level of Rad.

Lorde
19th September 2010, 10:04 PM
Yeah, I'm not a big fan of that icecream cone either, but the garbage bag is freakin' awesome!

Sadly, I must admit myself disappointed with both the ice cream cone Pokemon and the garbage bag Pokemon. I mean, Pokemon based on food and trash? What's next, a used tissue Pokemon? It's just ridiculous and those two species of Pokemon are just some of the Pokemon I've decided to avoid in the games. I love all of the animalisitic Pokemon in Generation 5 though; those are amazing in detail and creativity.

Mush
19th September 2010, 10:06 PM
Excuse me, where did you find moving sprites?

Hey there, /tr/ had a thread on 4chan dedicated to it. However I can't seem to find it anymore and google directs me to a 404. So I guess it was removed?

natie
19th September 2010, 10:06 PM
They're put in for laughs. Nothing more, nothing less.

TFRazorsaw
19th September 2010, 10:07 PM
Sadly, I must admit myself disappointed with both the ice cream cone Pokemon and the garbage bag Pokemon. I mean, Pokemon based on food and trash? What's next, a used tissue Pokemon? It's just ridiculous and those two species of Pokemon are just some of the Pokemon I've decided to avoid in the games. I love all of the animalisitic Pokemon in Generation 5 though; those are amazing in detail and creativity.

I don't see how they're any worse than Magnemite (a pokemon with visible screws and man-made magnets), Bronzor (a mirror), Bronzong (a bell), or many of the other myriad pokemon based off of real objects.

Besides, the ice cream guys are actually icicles, according the Pokedex. Icicles covered up by snow.

Ungoliath
19th September 2010, 10:17 PM
They're put in for laughs. Nothing more, nothing less.
LOL. Pokemon only made to be laughed at.

The shame.

BCVM22
19th September 2010, 10:21 PM
I don't see how they're any worse than Magnemite (a pokemon with visible screws and man-made magnets), Bronzor (a mirror), Bronzong (a bell), or many of the other myriad pokemon based off of real objects.

Don't forget Grimer and Muk, the original living piles of filth. Another thing that was apparently okay 12 years ago but has somehow gone out of style today.

davidxrawr
i love the chandelier pokemon. The fact that its ghost/fire totally goes with its looks. Also it looks amazing and has nice stats <3 Favorite ghost type :D

Lorde
Besides, the ice cream guys are actually icicles, according the Pokedex. Icicles covered up by snow.

Be that as it may, they still look like cones of ice cream to me and probably to others. That's the look that Game Freak was going for; they just changed their properties to icicles and snow instead of actual ice cream. It could possibly open doors for all sorts of radical designs in the future, which isn't something I look forward to. As for the garbage bag Pokemon, I'll let it slide. It's still utter "garbage" to me though. Speaking of Ice-type Pokemon, that snowflake Pokemon is something I don't see eye-to-eye with either. It looks like an Ice-type Bronzor.

Mush
19th September 2010, 10:22 PM

True, the other gens had some odd ones aswell. I do think however that the icecream and trashbag seem more like human objects than magnemite for example. I don't mind though, I really like this gen and respect that it is something new.

TFRazorsaw
19th September 2010, 10:35 PM
Be that as it may, they still look like cones of ice cream to me and probably to others. That's the look that Game Freak was going for; they just changed their properties to icicles and snow instead of actual ice cream. It could possibly open doors for all sorts of radical designs in the future, which isn't something I look forward to. As for the garbage bag Pokemon, I'll let it slide. It's still utter "garbage" to me though. Speaking of Ice-type Pokemon, that snowflake Pokemon is something I don't see eye-to-eye with either. It looks like an Ice-type Bronzor.

Of course they do. But I'm saying there's an element of design that people overlook when saying they're just ice cream. I think designs that have layers like that show more cleverness than you're giving them credit for.

Isis-sama
19th September 2010, 10:39 PM
I wouldn't mind ice cream Pokemon necessarily, it's just that the design for the ones we just got is just awful. Icicle Pokemon could easily look really great (just look at that new snowflake or whatever Ice-type, it's stunning) but they have to be designed decently.

nikohesus
19th September 2010, 10:42 PM
The 5th generation is an excellent time for any of those Pokemon. A snow cone or garbage pokemon in gen 1 or 2 would look exactly like a snow cone or garbage bag, but just look at the amount of detail in these guys... let game freak have their way. :D

hrmsting55
19th September 2010, 10:44 PM
After seeing the clear (http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/index.php?position=front&color=normal) sprites I'm actually ok with every pokemon. They are all look like creative designs, at least were not a rehash of other generations...

TFRazorsaw
19th September 2010, 10:44 PM
True, the other gens had some odd ones aswell. I do think however that the icecream and trashbag seem more like human objects than magnemite for example. I don't mind though, I really like this gen and respect that it is something new.

That's an okay feeling to have, but does it apply to reality? The ice cream pokemon is a natural object with elements that are artificial. Magnemite has actual PHYSICAL man made objects as part of his body. The ice cream guys, under objective analysis, are actually more "natural" than Magnemite.

Nevertheless there's nothing about them that's more radical than their predecessors. Writing them off that way means I have to do the same for Magnemite, Magneton, Magnezone, Voltorb, Koffing, Weezing, Bronzor, Bronzong, Bonsly, and a whole bunch of other Pokemon.

Mewtwo_soul
19th September 2010, 10:45 PM
The designs are fine to me. I think the major problem is it sounds silly as a design so people are getting snobbish about said designs. Seriously, I may not like them, but if they were that bad I would be very displeased. People say they didn't do decent with the design but propose no better solution. Words speak louder than actions for most people however.

bobandbill
19th September 2010, 10:45 PM
Just a reminder people to talk about the Pokemon and less about sprite-finding of a lack of them, etc - by all means post if you find something new but let's not request links or whatnot here - thread is for talking about the Pokemon themselves.

hrmsting55
19th September 2010, 10:52 PM
I'm also impressed by the new type combinations. Bug/Fire; Bug/Rock; all the new ghosts; etc. And Genosect. C'mon.

Mush
19th September 2010, 10:54 PM
That's an okay feeling to have, but does it apply to reality? The ice cream pokemon is a natural object with elements that are artificial. Magnemite has actual PHYSICAL man made objects as part of his body. The ice cream guys, under objective analysis, are actually more "natural" than Magnemite.

Nevertheless there's nothing about them that's more radical than their predecessors. Writing them off that way means I have to do the same for Magnemite, Magneton, Magnezone, Voltorb, Koffing, Weezing, Bronzor, Bronzong, Bonsly, and a whole bunch of other Pokemon.

Its more about what the actual design shows imho. The icecream really looks like an icecream. Magnemite isn't a magnet, its more build out of it. Weezing, voltorb they don't really clearly resemble a single human object, they are just odd. Again, i don't think the icecream and trashbags are bad at all, however I can see why people would dislike them for resembling human object too much and think they are worse than the old gen weirdos ;).

TFRazorsaw
19th September 2010, 10:58 PM
Actually, Weezing and Koffing are bombs. Stink bombs to be exact. Voltorb and Electrode are of course pokeballs.

And Deathkan, Deathmas, Claydol, and Baltoy. Also bombs.

Mewtwo_soul
19th September 2010, 11:00 PM
I thought Desukan was a sarcophagus... ?

D*N
19th September 2010, 11:02 PM
I thought Desukan was a sarcophagus... ?

It is, and claydol and baltoy are also no bombs.

TFRazorsaw
19th September 2010, 11:03 PM
... I meant that to be objects. Sorry

Mewtwo_soul
19th September 2010, 11:06 PM
That's alright. Just thought I'd mention on Voltorb/Electrode, they're more like magnets (true magnets) in design than Magneton line is. (With a hint of mimic concept thrown in)

ShadowSplash
19th September 2010, 11:16 PM
Sorry for such a dumb question, but where do you find the new sprites of Gen 1-4 Pokemon? Like the new sprites that are in Black and White? :x

Wordy
19th September 2010, 11:25 PM
Sprites can be found here. (http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/index.php?position=front&color=normal)

Arcanine and Muk are kind of disappointing, although they're really supposed to be seen in motion, so I guess they might be better.

davidxrawr
19th September 2010, 11:25 PM
DENCHURA VS. SHIBIRUDON (who do you perfer? :D)

Denchura PROS:
- dual type for more STAB usage
- compound eyes gives Thunder 100&#37; accuracy
- above average special attack
- excellent speed

Denchura CONS:
-dual type also gives extra weakneses
-fragile: only 60 base def. and sp. def
-mediocore HP

Shibirudon PROS:
-levitate= no weaknesses
-excellent attack with above average special attack
-decent def, sp. def, and HP

Shibirudon CONS:
-very slow
- single type (in the sense of less STAB when compared to denchura)

shadow wolf
19th September 2010, 11:33 PM
Shibirudon, he is in my sig.

Slideslater
19th September 2010, 11:40 PM
I don't know if this has been mentioned before

but don't you guys think kurimugan looks more like a digimon? Not only that its a dragon type and its colors are very similar to the gible line.

BCVM22
19th September 2010, 11:43 PM
but don't you guys think kurimugan looks more like a digimon?

No. No one thinks this.

Mewtwo_soul
19th September 2010, 11:44 PM
Pokemon don't look like Digimon. -_-' Nothing against Digimon but every series has a seperate look.

@ the Denchura thing: How does it gain extra weaknesses? Assuming the main type is Bug, Electric only has weakness to Ground IIAC, and Bug makes Ground a neutral weakness.

Gaiash
19th September 2010, 11:47 PM
but don't you guys think kurimugan looks more like a digimon?
Pokemon and Digimon have looked alike since they both started.

Slideslater
19th September 2010, 11:56 PM

not only that but their isnt as much of a choice or abundance of water types compared to other gens and since these water types are the only ones in ther whole game, its pretty unfortunate. it's like in 4th gen with the lack of fire types(might be a bad comparison considering fire isnt nearly as necessary as a water type) you might be forced to choose the starter of the certain type or get the fossil water type Pokemon, despite the fact the other ones second evo is quite good(Aekeosu)

Mewtwo_soul
20th September 2010, 12:17 AM
What are you talking about?^ Water types make up a fifth of Pokemon by themselves. That's a decent amount. There's like 20 types of Water pokemon (counting lines and all) in this generation and in other generations.

Linkdarkside
20th September 2010, 12:21 AM
not only that but their isnt as much of a choice or abundance of water types in other gens and since these water types are the only ones in ther whole game, its pretty unfortunate. it's like in 4th gen with the lack of fire types(might be a bad comparison considering fire isnt nearly as necessary as a water type) you might be forced to choose the starter of the certain type or get the fossil water type Pokemon, despite the fact the other ones second evo is quite good(Aekeosu)there the water monkey and the Toad line.

fire in this gen is more important than water as there a great amount of Grass and Bug types.

Isis-sama
20th September 2010, 12:26 AM
He meant in the 5th generation. And I like that there aren't that many Water-types in it. As has been mentioned there are a great deal more Water-types in previous generations than any other type, and the lack of water types in Gen 5 lets there be a lot of diversity in the other types that hasn't been there in previous generations.

PartyPokemon
20th September 2010, 12:28 AM
Does anyone else here absolutely love Zuruggu and Zurukin? I think they're absolutely great!

Slideslater
20th September 2010, 12:28 AM
Pokemon and Digimon have looked alike since they both started.

fair enough, it was probably just me anyways.

wilycoyote64
20th September 2010, 12:29 AM
dispite the continual excessiveness of legendary and event pkmn, this generation blows the fourth out of the water. reasonable number, fun designs, and alot of new type combinations. lack of primarily poison types is kind of dissapointing however.

BLADEDGE
20th September 2010, 12:31 AM
Can Zoroark learn Dark Pulse?

Mewtwo_soul
20th September 2010, 12:31 AM
Well what I was saying was there were still a decent amount in fifth gen. (20 some) >.>\

--

I disagree that Pokemon look like Digimon. They have obvious differences. Sure if you go by the factor they're both monster series they are comparable, but anyone and their mother can tell the difference between Kyuubimon and ninetails and more.

They're not that alike. seriuosly.

Mahnmut
20th September 2010, 12:32 AM
Does anybody know what the attack is that Jaroda learns at level 38?

And what are the attacks stats?

Pretty sure it's coil

It raises def, sp def and speed

BLADEDGE
20th September 2010, 12:34 AM
Can Zoroark learn Dark Pulse?

DodongoMan
20th September 2010, 12:34 AM
Did anyone else notice that Yanappu, Boappu, and Hiyappu get the dreamworld abilities overgrow, blaze, and torrent? Just like starters. I have a sneaking suspicion that there will be a colosseum/XD style game, maybe not necessarily for the Wii maybe a standalone DS title, taking place in a new region with a new proff giving out these three pokemon as starters. Granted they do evolve with stones, which makes me a little more iffy about it, but then again the same thing happens with your eevee in XD.

Oh and is anyone else disappointed with the ice types? granted I'm not disappointed with their appearance, but their type. besides the legendary, they're all pure ice-types. the snowflake one screams ghost! and the polar bear could've been epic as ice/steel or ice/fighting.

davidxrawr
20th September 2010, 12:46 AM
MINI-RANT:
I think my issue with some of the legenadries is that they have much of a legendary feel. I mean the only ones I really admire are the box starters, the ice dragons and vicinity. I can help but look at the fighting trio and compare them to the dog trio form gold n silver and they dont compare at all :S I at first liked the flying trio but I not so much anymore, they look bad, and well they definetlet dont look like regular pokemon but I dont sense that "legendary feel" to them." As for the last two, they dont look legendary at all (well i guess the bug with the cannon on its back is out of the ordinary lol) but yea.

In a nutsell, disappointed with the legenadry pokemon.

But so I dont sound *****y here is a list of all the kick *** pokemon this time around:
-the starters
-the fossils
-dragons ononokuso and sazando
-all the ghost types: water/ghost, ground/ghost, fire/ghost (**** yea anyone?)
-all the bug types (especially the electric/bug, fire/bug, and posion/bug)
-icecream pokemon, danegrous and delicous
- grass types dorieda, mebukujika, marakahii, erufunn
-the cutsey looking pokemon
-3 useful flying types: wargle, kenhorou, aakesuso

Either way gen V is alright :3

MightTales
20th September 2010, 12:49 AM
What is the dark fighting pokemon suppose to be i think imma use it but what is it!?

Mahnmut
20th September 2010, 12:52 AM
What is the dark fighting pokemon suppose to be i think imma use it but what is it!?

streetfighter/lizard of some sort lol

Aether13
20th September 2010, 12:55 AM
I definitly love 90% of the pokemon in this gen, they are all so different and awesome, btw which two pokemon are the fossil pokemon?

LexSuicune
20th September 2010, 1:01 AM
I am DEFINITELY considering putting Kerudio in my team, that thing is pretty sweet and the perfect Anti-Darkrai <3

Bombkirby
20th September 2010, 1:24 AM
Is there a website that hosts the sprites (shiny) of the 5th gen guys?

Linkdarkside
20th September 2010, 1:32 AM
Did anyone else notice that Yanappu, Boappu, and Hiyappu get the dreamworld abilities overgrow, blaze, and torrent? Just like starters. I have a sneaking suspicion that there will be a colosseum/XD style game, maybe not necessarily for the Wii maybe a standalone DS title, taking place in a new region with a new proff giving out these three pokemon as starters. Granted they do evolve with stones, which makes me a little more iffy about it, but then again the same thing happens with your eevee in XD.
yeah ,they could be starters on a spin off game.

FireEmblemAddict
20th September 2010, 1:35 AM
I definitly love 90% of the pokemon in this gen, they are all so different and awesome, btw which two pokemon are the fossil pokemon?

The Water/Rock turtle and the Rock/Flying bird

Mahnmut
20th September 2010, 1:35 AM
Serebii got an egg of the pre-evo of our fire moth
is that egg only available post E4?

hever
20th September 2010, 1:41 AM
http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/149.png

The best that it ever look. EVUH.

shadow wolf
20th September 2010, 1:49 AM
Here yo go Bombkirby http://www.majhost.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=232467

On topic: Overall, pleased with the new pokemon really like the change. Ononosuku is my favorite pokemon, woo-ho go blade dragon.

diehatsu
20th September 2010, 1:49 AM
just loomin over the new abilities from dream world
vaccum wave revenge kill on a choice infernape/blaziken and then swap in shanderaa with shadow tag...nothing they can do....while you set up and then sweep i think shadow tagged pokemon will be ubered

MightTales
20th September 2010, 1:52 AM
streetfighter/lizard of some sort lol
lol but seriously it kinda looks like somone in a costume

xmikeyxlikesitx
20th September 2010, 1:55 AM
Does anyone else here absolutely love Zuruggu and Zurukin? I think they're absolutely great!

OMG H*ll yeah!

I LOVE those two. I was like, OMG WANT when I first saw their actual sprites, they're hilarious to look at, because they're so derp and so awesome at the same time.

Daking58
20th September 2010, 2:08 AM
does anybody else think the sea turtle with solid rock will be an animal in ou

BCVM22
20th September 2010, 2:11 AM
lol but seriously it kinda looks like somone in a costume

Pretty sure that's supposed to be the point: if you look at Zuruzukin's back sprite, Zuruggu's skin is hanging from the back of his neck, like the hood of a costume.

Walcott
20th September 2010, 2:18 AM
Surprisingly, I'm not very upset about a lot of evolutions being at high levels. Actually, I'm really excited to train a lot to try and get all the Pok&#233;mon to evolve. Plus, I'm sure it'll help later on. I've never had a bunch of strong Pok&#233;mon, and I'm getting tired of trying to pick a set team and sticking to it. And not only will I be catching all my favorites of this generation, but I'll also be getting others that I'm not crazy about, but are strong too. ;3

Achernar
20th September 2010, 2:27 AM
Gochiruzeru's line should have learned lovely kiss and cosmic power

Linkdarkside
20th September 2010, 2:30 AM
Pretty sure that's supposed to be the point: if you look at Zuruzukin's back sprite, Zuruggu's skin is hanging from the back of his neck, like the hood of a costume.yeah it probably related to snakes shredding their skins.

Lorde
20th September 2010, 2:31 AM
Gochiruzeru's line should have learned lovely kiss and cosmic power

Hmm, probably. I might have been a bit more enthusiastic about the whole thing were it not for the fact that I got the wrong game and cannot capture a single member of the Gochiruzeru line for myself haha. I think they are some of the most fashionable Pokemon to be introduced, ever. I like them a whole lot more than I like their counterparts; the Rankurusu line. Those green blobs have no appeal to me so I'm just going to ignore them. I wish I could trade for a Gochiruzeru ;_;

Phantomnazo
20th September 2010, 2:32 AM
HOLY MAGIKARP. I just on pokebeach that in ranculus's dex data he can crush boulders in his hand! Baby suspended in jello FTW,

Achernar
20th September 2010, 2:58 AM
The gear line should have been Electric/Steel rather than pure Steel... it has more electric attacks than steel attacks

Linkdarkside
20th September 2010, 3:07 AM
The gear line should have been Electric/Steel rather than pure Steel... it has more electric attacks than steel attacksi disagree ,we need more pure steel lines.

Glitter!
20th September 2010, 3:09 AM
What do you guys think of Chirachiino, Chillarmy's evolution?

Achernar
20th September 2010, 3:12 AM
What do you guys think of Chirachiino, Chillarmy's evolution?

It's quite cute, but it just looks like a Chillarmy wearing a sophisticated scarf... and little chubby

btw, Chillarmy's evo looks like Professor Araragi

anyhow, what do you guys think about Kokoromori?

Waldorf
20th September 2010, 3:15 AM
I think that, with its mohawk-like head scales, its douchebag expression, its arrogant pose and its baggy skin-pants, Zuruzukin is supposed to channel a street punk/vandal to a degree.

LexSuicune
20th September 2010, 3:15 AM
Competitively or design-wise?

Glitter!
20th September 2010, 3:16 AM
It's quite cute, but it just looks like a Chillarmy wearing a sophisticated scarf... and little chubby

That's what I dislike about it, it looks awkward with those fluffy things, and that's only real change from Chillarmy. It's basically the same.

anyhow, what do you guys think about Kokoromori?

I love it, but Crobat will be forever my favourite cave-dweeler and flyer for Pokémon games ♥

Lorde
20th September 2010, 3:18 AM
HOLY MAGIKARP. I just on pokebeach that in ranculus's dex data he can crush boulders in his hand! Baby suspended in jello FTW,

Well this is Pokemon so in a way, I'm not surprised that Rankurusu would be able to use it's brute strength like that haha. I still don't like it much, but that's just me. There is a Pokemon I do like however; the final evolution of that ghost candle Pokemon. The Ghost and Fire type combination is what caught my interest at first; I just love unique combinations like that for some reason. I've saved so much fanart of the entire evolutionary line on my computer already because I'm crazy about that Pokemon and it's family.

Glitter!
20th September 2010, 3:19 AM
Competitively or design-wise?

Design-wise.

Johto King
20th September 2010, 3:23 AM
Does anyone know when you can use the dream world feature and if you'll be able to use older generation pokemon like starters and eeveelutions?

Achernar
20th September 2010, 3:25 AM
I just noticed that most of the standalone pokemon and final forms have higher total states than Gen I... most of them have a total of 470 and above.

anyway, am I the only one who likes Gochiruzeru's pre-evos... the goth baby and the goth little girl?

tombux
20th September 2010, 3:28 AM
Any old pokemon geting new evoloe forms or are that all brand. New pokemon I can not find any pics

FireEmblemAddict
20th September 2010, 3:39 AM
Any old pokemon geting new evoloe forms or are that all brand. New pokemon I can not find any pics

There are no new evolutions for old Pokemon this time around

LexSuicune
20th September 2010, 3:40 AM
Do we now Urgamoth's final moves now?

jwla
20th September 2010, 3:48 AM
I am really enjoying a lot of these Pokemon. As for early on Normal-types, I think that Yoteri and it's evolutions are great Pokemon!

Isis-sama
20th September 2010, 3:49 AM
I don't suppose anyone has Aaken or Aakeosu's Pokedex information yet?

Blastoise888
20th September 2010, 3:52 AM
I love the new Pokemon especially the Bugs, Dragons and Fighting types well I like a lot of them.

Auraninja
20th September 2010, 3:52 AM
There seems that there is (or has been) much confusion over the evolutions of Chobomaki and Kaburumo. However, if you look at their evolutionary methods and Pokedex entries, it makes sense.

#588Kaburuchi (Trade with Chobomaki -->)
#616Chobomaki (Trade with Kaburuchi -->)

#587 Kaburumo: Whenever it feels danger it shoots an acidic liquid from its mouth to repel opponents. It has its eye on Chobomaki.

#588 Shubarugo: A Pokemon that evolved by putting on Chobomaki’s shell. It’s steel armour guards its whole body.

#616 Chobomaki: It evolves when bathed in electric energy along with Kaburumo. The reason for this is unknown.

#617 Agirudaa: It has become more agile since taking off its heavy shell. It fights with movements resembling a ninja’s.

Also, they are said to be version exclusives, so trading one for another makes solid sense. This is probably the weirdest evolutionary method yet.

Blastoise888
20th September 2010, 3:54 AM
Um have there been any details about version specific Pokemon?

Lorde
20th September 2010, 3:57 AM
I love the new Pokemon especially the Bugs, Dragons and Fighting types well I like a lot of them.

The Bug-types of fine, the Dragon-types are cool, but the Fighting-types are my least favorite Pokemon in the 5th Generation. I don't know all their names since Serebii took down the images and stuff, but those two karate counterparts with the karate outfit on are just ugly as truck. I also recall seeing some new Fighting-type Pokemon that hold stuff like a wooden plank, a gerder, and some stones; they are the weirdest mother-truckers I've seen so far. Then there's that Fighting-type trio that look nothing like the type at all; I think they were just added as filler Pokemon. They're just not my cup of tea and I doubt I'll ever use them in battles.

Varnani
20th September 2010, 3:59 AM
I love the shines though i was hoping the shinies for reshiram and zekrom would have revered the colors were zekrom would be white and reshiram would be black but oh well.
I was hoping for the same thing! it's a shame it wasn't done...

My fave shiny so far is this one:
http://www.majhost.com/gallery/nikohesus/Pokemon/shiny/612.png

I mean it looks MORE badass than the regular one, i didn't think it was possible!

razz

Mewtwo_soul
20th September 2010, 4:01 AM
I thought the Fighting trio was based off of the Three Musketeers? Or at least partially in the concept. Also on the one holding the stones/etc. Those are based off of Oni, so the type makes sense. (Although the second stage's gross muscle strain is disgusting XP)

LexSuicune
20th September 2010, 4:15 AM
I was hoping for the same thing! it's a shame it wasn't done...

My fave shiny so far is this one:
http://www.majhost.com/gallery/nikohesus/Pokemon/shiny/612.png

I mean it looks MORE badass than the regular one, i didn't think it was possible!

razz

That is just FRIGHTENING OMG

Joe.
20th September 2010, 4:24 AM
Now he LOOKS like he should be Dragon instead of bug.

Johto King
20th September 2010, 4:25 AM
Does anyone know when you unlock the dream world and if you can get starters and eeveelutions from it? Cause I'll probs choose a different starter from an old gen cause these new ones kinda stink...