PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Black and White General Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16

mythdude123
28th March 2011, 12:36 PM
Why doesn't everyone google pokemon grey and see what comes up?

R_N
28th March 2011, 3:43 PM

What possible point would this bring up?
There's no information we don't already know.

BCVM22
28th March 2011, 5:25 PM

Googling does not magically cause information to appear when there is nothing to be found. You'd find nothing but unrelated crap and hits back to insipid conversations like this.

There is nothing to discuss as far as the third Unova game at the moment. It's that simple.

GaZsTiC
28th March 2011, 5:29 PM

Let's see then, shall we...?

Search: Pokemon Grey (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=pokemon+grey)

Well. Whatdaya know. It's just other forums discussing things like we are. How...obvious.

Juka
29th March 2011, 4:46 AM
I want there to be a Pokemon Grey because I want to know more about this ice/ dragon type.

Ghastly Ninja
29th March 2011, 11:39 PM
Is it crazy that one of my favorite Pokemon of all time comes from 5th Gen?! Well its true Though my 1st Fav is Ninetales 2nd place takes Umbreons place as Lilligant is my new favorite! Its power is ridiculously crazy with quiver dance, if you let it set up theirs no stopping it. And with Ninetales by its side with Drought ability its crazy how well they can work together.

GaZsTiC
30th March 2011, 12:13 AM
Lilligant is my new favorite! Its power is ridiculously crazy with quiver dance, if you let it set up theirs no stopping it.

Oh. Don't remind me! I'm currently using a Lilligant right now and it is A BEAST! With either Sleep Powder and Attract it can set up about 4 Quiver Dances and then sweep entire teams with Giga Drain. I never thought that it would be so much fun to use - and it has such a cute design too!

Hejiru
30th March 2011, 12:18 AM
I'm just saying that i think there won't be a pokemon grey. They'll make a movie about kyurem and give an event where it has freeze shock and ice burn since no pokemon learns those moves like v-create. And victini is getting v-create as an event for a movie.

The chances of there not being a Gray are almost nonexistant.

And Keldeo will not get those moves. Kyurem will.

Chaos Rush
30th March 2011, 12:30 AM
Well, for a pokemon grey, they'd have to somehow make kyurem the star. I don't know how that would be possible with N having Reshiram/Zekrom against you in black and white. The whole ending would be changed.And also, somewhere online i read that there wasn't going to be a pokemon grey.
GameFreak took a year to develop the story and the characters. Playing B/W, it definitely feels like there are bits of the story that are "missing", such as who the sages really are, and how the Shadow Triad basically do absolutely nothing, and how Concordia and Anthea are considered important enough to have their own overworld sprites and even appear in the intro movie, yet you have no idea they exist during the entire game and they do absolutely nothing when you encounter them.

I'm pretty sure when they developed B/W's story, they were actually developing the story for use in the 3rd version. Then they took out bits and pieces until it was simplified enough for use in B/W. So I'm pretty sure GameFreak knows what they're doing, and the story in B/W isn't the entire story that they had developed. In fact, I'm convinced that they planned out Grey's story a long time ago, otherwise the Shadow Triad, Concordia, and Anthea exist for absolutely no reason.

EDIT: Oh, and there has to be a 3rd version, Blue/Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, and Platinum would like to have a word with anyone who thinks not.

KickAsh
30th March 2011, 1:36 AM
GameFreak took a year to develop the story and the characters. Playing B/W, it definitely feels like there are bits of the story that are "missing", such as who the sages really are
I want the Sages to be more developed sooo badly. They're so cool, and GF did almost nothing with them, other than the post-game hunt and the occasional encounters. Every little detail--their flowing cloaks, their names being based on colors of the rainbows, etc--is great. I don't want all that much from Grey, but I definitely want more explanation regarding the Seven Sages (and I really only mean the six sages other than Ghetsis, we have enough on him). Their pasts (how they met Ghetsis, how did he persuade them) and more on their personalities and stuff. I think it would also be really cool that if, when you find them, you get to battle them.
And maybe, just maybe they have Pokemon based on colors? Each sage has Pokemon that match the color of their name...
Gorm (blue): Jellicent, Seismitoad, Vanilluxe, Accelgor, Druddigon, Swoobat
Bronius (brown): Excadrill, Conkeldurr, Whimsicott, Crustle, Garbodor, Sawsbuck
Rood (red): Bisharp, Darmanitan, Krookodile, Throh, Braviary, Red-striped Basculin
Giallo (yellow): Emolga, Galvantula, Haxorus, Cofagrigus
Ryoku (green): Leavanny, Lilligant, Reuniclus, Eelektross, Basculin
Zinzolin (violet): Musharna, Liepard, Scolipede, Audino, Alomomola, Mienshao

and how the Shadow Triad basically do absolutely nothing

And also the Shadow Triad. They have such potential. The power to appear seemingly out of nowhere because they can hide in the shadows, and the fact that they remained so loyal to Ghetsis even after Team Plasma had fallen and everyone abandoned him, because he saved their lives. How? From what? When? That is so teeming with questions I really hope GF gives that some background, too.
And on a semi-related note, here's a theory I've been kicking about for a little: What if Cilan, Chili, and Cress are the Shadow Triad? I know it sounds crazy and it's probably not true. But here's some (lame?) evidence:
-3 of them, 3 Shadow Triad
-They are one of the few Gym Leaders who don't try to thwart Team Plasma locally. Lenora takes back the fossil, Burgh gets back Bianca's Munna, Clay arrests Zinzolin, Brycen takes them on in Dragonspiral Tower, and Iris protects Bianca from them.
-They don't face Team Plasma at the end. Sure, Bianca tried to get them, but maybe they didn't come because Ghetsis is their boss?

I know it's flimsy, and not true, but, hey, it's interesting and fun to speculate.

and how Concordia and Anthea are considered important enough to have their own overworld sprites and even appear in the intro movie, yet you have no idea they exist during the entire game and they do absolutely nothing when you encounter them.
And Concordia and and Anthea. N's handmaidens, for lack of a better word. They obviously hold the key to a more detailed look at N's past, and a more information about N's childhood would be interesting, to say the least.

So this most of what I want from Grey--more explanation regarding the character's past.

R_N
30th March 2011, 1:51 AM
I never really wanted more explanation on the Sages. They did a fair enough job as is with them (and most admins don't really have much backstory anyway), I just want to fight them.
So
Damn
Badly.

KickAsh
30th March 2011, 1:59 AM
^ I know. It's painful. The only thing close was when Bronius made use battle some grunts. That was...passable, but I'm not satisfied.

Brianocerous
30th March 2011, 3:54 AM
I want the Sages to be more developed sooo badly. They're so cool, and GF did almost nothing with them, other than the post-game hunt and the occasional encounters. Every little detail--their flowing cloaks, their names being based on colors of the rainbows, etc--is great. I don't want all that much from Grey, but I definitely want more explanation regarding the Seven Sages (and I really only mean the six sages other than Ghetsis, we have enough on him). Their pasts (how they met Ghetsis, how did he persuade them) and more on their personalities and stuff. I think it would also be really cool that if, when you find them, you get to battle them.
And maybe, just maybe they have Pokemon based on colors? Each sage has Pokemon that match the color of their name...
Gorm (blue): Jellicent, Seismitoad, Vanilluxe, Accelgor, Druddigon, Swoobat
Bronius (brown): Excadrill, Conkeldurr, Whimsicott, Crustle, Garbodor, Sawsbuck
Rood (red): Bisharp, Darmanitan, Krookodile, Throh, Braviary, Red-striped Basculin
Giallo (yellow): Emolga, Galvantula, Haxorus, Cofagrigus
Ryoku (green): Leavanny, Lilligant, Reuniclus, Eelektross, Basculin
Zinzolin (violet): Musharna, Liepard, Scolipede, Audino, Alomomola, Mienshao

And also the Shadow Triad. They have such potential. The power to appear seemingly out of nowhere because they can hide in the shadows, and the fact that they remained so loyal to Ghetsis even after Team Plasma had fallen and everyone abandoned him, because he saved their lives. How? From what? When? That is so teeming with questions I really hope GF gives that some background, too.
And on a semi-related note, here's a theory I've been kicking about for a little: What if Cilan, Chili, and Cress are the Shadow Triad? I know it sounds crazy and it's probably not true. But here's some (lame?) evidence:
-They are one of the few Gym Leaders who don't try to thwart Team Plasma locally. Lenora takes back the fossil, Burgh gets back Bianca's Munna, Clay arrests Zinzolin, Brycen takes them on in Dragonspiral Tower, and Iris protects Bianca from them.
-They don't face Team Plasma at the end. Sure, Bianca tried to get them, but maybe they didn't come because Ghetsis is their boss?

I know it's flimsy, and not true, but, hey, it's interesting and fun to speculate.

And Concordia and and Anthea. N's handmaidens, for lack of a better word. They obviously hold the key to a more detailed look at N's past, and a more information about N's childhood would be interesting, to say the least.

So this most of what I want from Grey--more explanation regarding the character's past.

This is the most Iv ever enjoyed a comment. Couldn't agree more with everything you've said. Loving the Shadow Triad = Gym Leaders theory(even though it probably isn't true how epic would it be if it was??!!)

MetalFlygon08
30th March 2011, 3:59 AM
I think Anthea and Concordia are N's Mother (Pink one) and Sister (Blonde one)

Hejiru
30th March 2011, 4:06 AM

I thought they were goddesses?

Pseudo-Unlegendary
30th March 2011, 4:21 AM

That's a pretty young mom. :/

I loved Team Plasma a lot but the higher ranks (sages, triad) could've used some more screentime, but maybe in the third version (probably not, but a man can dream).

R_N
30th March 2011, 4:22 AM
I thought they were goddesses?

What no
They were called goddesses in Japan (They got actual names in English), but if you really thought they were goddesses I don't know what to tell you

LexSuicune
30th March 2011, 2:59 PM

Why do you think so?

Mario with Lasers
30th March 2011, 3:39 PM
What no
They were called goddesses in Japan (They got actual names in English), but if you really thought they were goddesses I don't know what to tell you

Well, I don't see why they would be called goddesses in Japan and not in the US unless they were goddesses...

Sweep
30th March 2011, 3:44 PM
See, I thought that that bit about Kyurem being a shell of a greater being had already been confirmed.

Perhaps Kyurem will gain an additional form in 'Grey" that relates to it being a shell for a greater being.

A defrosted Kyurem perhaps? The speculation could be endless.

R_N
30th March 2011, 3:53 PM
Well, I don't see why they would be called goddesses in Japan and not in the US unless they were goddesses...

In the order of Plasma, they could have been like goddesses but not actually goddesses

See what I'm saying

Porygandrew
30th March 2011, 4:05 PM

My sister calls herself a goddess 'cause she's wiccan.

Mario with Lasers
30th March 2011, 4:52 PM
In the order of Plasma, they could have been like goddesses but not actually goddesses

See what I'm saying

Ah ok, that's perfectly possible.

...Well it's obviously that, silly MwL...

pickledArbok
30th March 2011, 5:06 PM
What if Cilan, Chili, and Cress are the Shadow Triad? I know it sounds crazy and it's probably not true. But here's some (lame?) evidence:

I think they might be too, Cress and Chilli also appear from behind Cilan when you face the gym; Cilan talks slow in-game and uses elipses, so does one of the shadow triad (or all as it's hard to distiguish between them); also they are waiters and waiters serve people.

KickAsh
30th March 2011, 8:24 PM
I think they might be too, Cress and Chilli also appear from behind Cilan when you face the gym; Cilan talks slow in-game and uses elipses, so does one of the shadow triad (or all as it's hard to distiguish between them); also they are waiters and waiters serve people.
Oh I didn't notice that stuff. Hmm...there definitely seems to be some evidence supporting this, even though, honestly, it's probably not true. All the evidence is probably coincidence, but how cool would it be if the Striaton brothers were the Shadow Triad?

This is the most Iv ever enjoyed a comment. Couldn't agree more with everything you've said. Loving the Shadow Triad = Gym Leaders theory(even though it probably isn't true how epic would it be if it was??!!)
Awww shucks that's mighty kind of you, sir.
But yeah if the Gym Leaders are the Shadow Triad...plotgasm.

And an amendment to my first post addressing this theory:
Were the Dark Triad at N's Castle? If they were, maybe that's why Bianca couldn't reach them...because they were ALREADY THERE.

R_N
30th March 2011, 8:33 PM
Bianca did reach the brothers. They (that is, all 4 of them) just didn't make it in time for the big charge.

PsychoIncarnate
30th March 2011, 8:35 PM
Bianca did reach the brothers. They (that is, all 4 of them) just didn't make it in time for the big charge.

or DID they?

Mwahahaha

R_N
30th March 2011, 8:40 PM
or DID they?

Mwahahaha
Clearly Bianca is the Shadow Triad

FACT: You never see her at the end
FACT: Musharna can create illusions in a similar manner to the Triad's vanishing acts
FACT: Musharna can create illusions of people
FACT: You never see the Triad until after Bianca gets her Muuna
FACT: Being the Shadow Triad would give her something to do in life

poke-lord
30th March 2011, 8:46 PM
She got to the Leaders but it was after everything had happened. So that doesn't disprove the theory at all. Surely?

R_N
30th March 2011, 8:51 PM
She got to the Leaders but it was after everything had happened. So that doesn't disprove the theory at all. Surely?

No, she said she went to get the gym leaders right before the "raid" but they arrived too late (alas, the lack of flying Pokemon).

Since...you know...getting the leaders after everyone did their thing would be kind of pointless.

KickAsh
30th March 2011, 9:57 PM
^Well, then there is still a chance they didn't come because they are Ghetsis' most loyal followers, and they stalled for time.
I hardly believe this theory myself, I just like to speculate.

FACT: Musharna can create illusions in a similar manner to the Triad's vanishing acts
And "Bianca from Nuvema Town" can be re-arranged to form the hidden sentence "Is secretly Shadow Triad".

Mario with Lasers
30th March 2011, 10:15 PM

ok new signature

LexSuicune
1st April 2011, 7:12 AM
LMFAO, well that settles it, Bianca is an evil *****

Champion Jared 14
1st April 2011, 7:53 AM
I just discovered the discovery of INFINITE TM'S....Gamefreak really scored with this one, NOW I can use ALL the TM's like HM'S, and they will NEVER EVER disappear!! This is just wonderful, all I have to do is find the Tm's and I'm set! NO more TM hoarding!! Now my pokemon can have MUCH better movesets...Too bad I didn't figure this out during my first run on Black version!

Will-powered Spriter
1st April 2011, 8:29 AM
Word of warning, the Relocator sends over all of any crown beasts and celebii all at once, I just sent over a celebi, that I wished to teach earth power first, by accident.

Brianocerous
1st April 2011, 11:01 AM
If Bianca was the Triad why would she round up the gym leaders to fight the sages......?
It's defo the Striaton gym leaders. It has to be. If it's not I'd consider killing myself.....someone tell game freak they'll have to do it to save my life.....

Valoo.
1st April 2011, 2:14 PM
If Bianca was the Triad why would she round up the gym leaders to fight the sages......?
It's defo the Striaton gym leaders. It has to be. If it's not I'd consider killing myself.....someone tell game freak they'll have to do it to save my life.....
why am I the only normal Irish person?

It would be funny if they actually were the ST. It'd be a good twist

Ememew
2nd April 2011, 8:38 PM
I'd like to see the Striaton triplets as the Shadow Triad just to see how the anime would handle that. ;)

Grei
2nd April 2011, 8:42 PM

This forum would be a very dismal place without you, Snowy.

slickmario
2nd April 2011, 8:46 PM
I'd like to see the Striaton triplets as the Shadow Triad just to see how the anime would handle that. ;)
I prefer Snowy's explanation of the Triad. Although it would be interesting...

Ememew
2nd April 2011, 8:53 PM

FACT: The Shadow Triad first appear in Chargestone Cave. Who else was in that area at the time, but not while the Triad were on screen? Bianca.

OK, I'm having too much fun with this . . .

Blackjack the Titan
2nd April 2011, 9:11 PM
Remember how when you appear in front of the ditch in Giant Chasm the weather becomes a blizzard?
What if (in Pokémon Grey)…
Team Plasma has claimed Reshiram and Zekrom from the Dragonspiral Towers using the power of Cobalion, Terakion, and Virizion. Now you have to go to the Pokemon League, fight the Elite Four, and, after the whole Castle scene, you free the Trio and are trasported by the Shadow Triad to Giant Chasm. The Fighter Trio will guide you through a series of puzzles to the ditch that creates a frozen wasteland. Before you enter the cave Kyurem dwells, Ghetsis comes out of nowhere confronting you. Next, well I'm deciding between you actually battling Ghetsis or him getting chased by the Fighter Trio. After this, you find nothing but a spiky ice Orb and you take it, then the the Shadow Triad will teleport you back to N's Castle and you confront N. He calls upon the Black and White dragons and they both set N's room aflame with the flames Reshiram emits and the heat Zekrom generates.
All of a sudden, the Kyper Orb rises up and, like B/W, Kyurem emerges. He uses his frozen power to put out the flames.
So it looks like Kyurem is ganged up upon Reshiram and Zekrom. They both use their Fusion Power to attack Kyurem (scene format)! But then a caption reads: 'What?! Kyurem isn't finished forming?!?!'
Kyurem takes a grey form of Reshiram and Zekrom combined and is twice their size.

Comment if this is a good or bad idea. I just decided to let my imagination to go wild.

darklazerman
3rd April 2011, 7:33 AM
FACT: The Shadow Triad first appear in Chargestone Cave. Who else was in that area at the time, but not while the Triad were on screen? Bianca.

OK, I'm having too much fun with this . . .

But she was guarding Professor Juniper at the time...Unless Juniper is apart of the triad, and if so, her father could have told Team Plasma about the legendaries.

Bianca, Juniper, and Cedric weren't on screen when the triad was. Also, Juniper and her father are not fight-able. The Shadow Triad also weren't fight-able.

Doesn't Bianca have enough time to travel to chargestone cave(when you confront the sage) and back in time for you to talk to her, so that you can have a rematch with her?...And who smiles that much and isn't evil?

Zhanton
3rd April 2011, 8:26 AM
But she was guarding Professor Juniper at the time...Unless Juniper is apart of the triad, and if so, her father could have told Team Plasma about the legendaries.

Bianca, Juniper, and Cedric weren't on screen when the triad was. Also, Juniper and her father are not fight-able. The Shadow Triad also weren't fight-able.

Doesn't Bianca have enough time to travel to chargestone cave(when you confront the sage) and back in time for you to talk to her, so that you can have a rematch with her?...And who smiles that much and isn't evil?

And here I was thinking I could trust that girl, what with her adorable hat and tendency to fall over. No wonder her father didn't want her going on an adventure; he must have known her evil secret and didn't want Bianca as one of the rulers of the world!

Chaos Rush
3rd April 2011, 3:48 PM
You do realize that there's an unobtainable item programmed into the game called the, "God Stone", do you? And the God Stone looks exactly like the Dark Stone and Light Stone.

I love how Game Freak already has everything planned out. It's going to be called Pokemon God Version, and Kyurem will have a "God Forme".

R_N
3rd April 2011, 6:17 PM
You do realize that there's an unobtainable item programmed into the game called the, "God Stone", do you? And the God Stone looks exactly like the Dark Stone and Light Stone.

I love how Game Freak already has everything planned out. It's going to be called Pokemon God Version, and Kyurem will have a "God Forme".

Intriguingly, said item was removed from the international version's code
(it was a key item, for reference)

Shneak
3rd April 2011, 6:31 PM
It will definitely be for Kyurem though. I think we can see that from a mile away.

Just realized it's winter in-game. Awesome.

Blackjack the Titan
3rd April 2011, 7:53 PM

God Forme?! Totally gonna get that then.
Wow, Gamefreak HAS to upgrade Kyurem by a milestone. If they only upgrade it a bit, then my chances for gettin Pokemon God/Grey/Gray will be slim.

BCVM22
3rd April 2011, 7:56 PM
A whole game with upgrades, tweaks and any amount of material different from Black and White and what they do or don't do with Kyurem is really going to be the sole criteria on which you base your purchase?

And no, that the item is called "God Stone" does not in and of itself mean there is a "God Forme" forthcoming.

Blackjack the Titan
3rd April 2011, 7:59 PM
A whole game with upgrades, tweaks and any amount of material different from Black and White and what they do or don't do with Kyurem is really going to be the sole criteria on which you base your purchase?

And no, that the item is called "God Stone" does not in and of itself mean there is a "God Forme" forthcoming.

All I know is that Kyurem better be upgraded. I'd hate to see some awesome Ice/Dragon Pokemon with a still-broken back.
And yes, that is (actually) my second reason for getting the third installment.

Ememew
3rd April 2011, 8:07 PM
The chances of Kyurem getting an "upgrade" to truly be a counterpart to Reshiram and Zekrom is almost inevitable considering its type, moveset learn levels, etc. But still, I'm wondering if they could both upgrade Kyurem AND not have it as the cover Pokemon of Grey.

Hear me out. I know it's unlikely, but they could have Kyurem get a new form and make it part of the story and everything, but not have it be a cover Pokemon (to avoid spoiling it's new forme). Instead, Cobalion/Keldeo could serve as the cover Pokemon (and also play a story role). Cobalion would be the more likely of the two for obvious reasons (Keldeo's an event for now).
The Musketeers' story is closely related to the plot of Pokemon/human interaction and protecting Pokemon from humans. When you reach Cobalion in the cave, the old man tells you that you could be the one to change the Legend's mind about humans, so this is strongly related to the Plasma plot.
Cobalion is the leader of the "trio," and stands apart both by having a different classification than the others (Iron Will, as opposed to the habitat related Savanna and Cavern), and by being the key that unlocks the other two.
Keldeo is only mentioned because it's the first numerically of the "unrevealed/event" Pokemon (other than the obvious Victini). It could be a "third-version exclusive" placed as an "event" until the third game (so it's still compatible with Black and White). Being the first of the unrevealed Pokemon would allow it to not leave a blank spot in the Dex if it was encountered in the third version.

Again, Kyurem is much more likely, but it would be neat to see them do this just to mess with fans' heads . . . I mean . . . do something unexpected.

Ruskittlez
3rd April 2011, 10:11 PM
Forgive me, I dunno if this is more for the confirmed info or help thread, but can anyone tell me is the DSi features for Black/White would also work w/ the 3DS? I am tempted to get a 3DS to play the game, but would need to trade in the DSi to afford it (Gamestop gives a trade-in discount). otherwise i'd keep the DSi until 3DS exclusive games come or I have more money lol.

I am playing white on my 3ds as I type this.

djkkdcb25
3rd April 2011, 11:32 PM
dose anyone no when pokemon-gl is going to come out

BCVM22
3rd April 2011, 11:44 PM
http://en.pokemon-gl.com/pre/en.html

This is where everyone will find out when they do set a release date. No one knows what you don't - by and large, we all get our information from the same place, ultimately.

Blackjack the Titan
4th April 2011, 3:02 AM
I kinda agree with Ememew. It would be cool to see Cobalion (a Trio Pokémon) be the spotlight in Pokémon Grey. I battled with it though, and was pretty dissappointed to make it faint (well I did save before meeting it but left the cave and saved at a Pokecenter. Yep, FML)
Then that old man told me about awaking the other two. And I thought, "What a great idea for either a new game or a fanfic!"
But of course the cover pokemon always has to be a legendary dragon.

Porygandrew
4th April 2011, 3:26 AM
But of course the cover pokemon always has to be a legendary dragon.
Why?

and on that note, I do wish that Chrome will expand on the sword-trio. If they are supposed to have protected pokemon from humans, then why wouldn't N try to enlist their help? It would be very interesting if he encountered them but they refused to help (humans and pokemon coexist peacefully) or are aggressive towards him (Team Plasma abusing pokemon).

R_N
4th April 2011, 3:35 AM
N was really against the idea of using Pokemon at all, it was a "miracle" that he got Reshiram/Zekrom at all. And despite his wonky ideals, he generally wanted to avoid straight up violence which is what the Trio wanted to do.

What I do want to see, is if the trio was involved with the Challenger's Cave.
There's mention of there being a legendary Pokemon within it that was training its students, but, of course, there are no legendaries in the cave. Only some strong Pokemon, strong trainers, and a nice TM.
I'm sure there's something they can do with it.

BCVM22
4th April 2011, 3:40 AM
Why?

Do you not agree that these third counterparts - Rayquaza, Giratina, Kyurem - exist for a reason, on a conceptual level? So that the cover of the eventual third game ties in better with the first two, and they don't have to somewhat awkwardly take the cover Pokémon from an unrelated trio as they did with Suicune and Crystal?

GaZsTiC
4th April 2011, 4:02 AM
Chrome

Black, white and chrome.

Something doesn't sound right.

Sabonea_Masukippa
4th April 2011, 4:03 AM
Black, White and Cobalt. Kyurem and Cobalion on the cover! Everyone wins!

Or Brown and have Stunfisk and Landoros there.

RedMage23
4th April 2011, 4:05 AM
Black, white and chrome.

Say "Chrome" all Japanese-like.

OMG IT SOUNDS LIKE KYUREMU.

But seriously, I've seen very solid arguments for the third game being Chrome. After all, Platinum in no way logically follows Diamond and Pearl, and the same goes for Crystal to Gold and Silver (It almost seems like they should be switched).

Chaos Rush
4th April 2011, 4:06 AM
Do you not agree that these third counterparts - Rayquaza, Giratina, Kyurem - exist for a reason, on a conceptual level? So that the cover of the eventual third game ties in better with the first two, and they don't have to somewhat awkwardly take the cover Pokémon from an unrelated trio as they did with Suicune and Crystal?
On a side note I'd like to add that according to this interview (http://www.nintendods.com/iwata-asks-chapter.jsp?interviewId=6&volumeId=1&chapterId=2), Gold & Silver were meant to be the last Pokemon games, which explains why they did not create a third counterpart for Ho-oh and Lugia.

Sabonea_Masukippa
4th April 2011, 4:10 AM
Say "Chrome" all Japanese-like.

OMG IT SOUNDS LIKE KYUREMU.

But seriously, I've seen very solid arguments for the third game being Chrome. After all, Platinum in no way logically follows Diamond and Pearl, and the same goes for Crystal to Gold and Silver (It almost seems like they should be switched).

クローム kuroomu [Chrome]
キュレム kyuremu [Kyurem]

Eh, not that similar.

But コバルト Kobaruto [Cobalt]

I like the ring to that. ;)

On a side note I'd like to add that according to this interview, Gold & Silver were meant to be the last Pokemon games, which explains why they did not create a third counterpart for Ho-oh and Lugia.

So that's why there's no cats in Johto.

RedMage23
4th April 2011, 8:11 AM
In my opinion, the only set of Pokemon that actually holds well on its own is the third generation. The second gen "completes" the first gen, while the 4th gen is sort of a reconciliation of the first three. The 5th gen is probably the second closest to being a "complete" set, but to me it seems like they purposely made it open for a sixth gen.

Porygandrew
4th April 2011, 4:37 PM
But コバルト Kobaruto [Cobalt]
You just made me think of a metallic kabuto XD

IF they decide to choose Cobalon over Kyurem, I would be very happy.

Blackjack the Titan
4th April 2011, 9:37 PM
Chrome sounds like a game I wanna get. Screw Grey/Gray. Isn't the color Cobalt a Silverish-Blue?

BCVM22
4th April 2011, 9:50 PM
Isn't the color Cobalt a Silverish-Blue?

Cobalion is basically cobalt-hued.

LexSuicune
4th April 2011, 10:13 PM
Black, White and Cobalt. Kyurem and Cobalion on the cover! Everyone wins!

Or Brown and have Stunfisk and Landoros there.

Pokemon Brown belongs to Bidoof.

Blackjack the Titan
4th April 2011, 11:38 PM
While we're all hoping for the third installment to be called Cobalt, Satoshi Tajiri has told Gamefreak,
"Okay this is what we're gonna do for the third installment for Black and White."
"Uh, Satoshi-san sir. What will the third installment be called?"
"Grey, duh!"
:(

Silent Conversation
5th April 2011, 1:46 AM
When did it suddenly go from everybody knowing it would be Grey to everybody assuming it was going to be Cobalt? I mean, I don't think Cobalt fits. Black and White are dull, very basic colours, and adding a more interesting (for like of a better word) colour to the series just wouldn't really fit in.

Grei
5th April 2011, 1:57 AM
In my opinion, the only set of Pokemon that actually holds well on its own is the third generation. The second gen "completes" the first gen, while the 4th gen is sort of a reconciliation of the first three. The 5th gen is probably the second closest to being a "complete" set, but to me it seems like they purposely made it open for a sixth gen.

Are you kidding me? The 5th Gen is the most complete Generation we've had. 3rd Gen still builds on previous gens with Wynaut and Azurill, and besides that, the 3rd Gen wasn't as great a mix of Pokemon as the 5th Gen. Meanwhile, the 5th Gen is 100% separate from previous generations. And I fail to see how it "leaves itself open for a sixth gen." We have only a few standalones that really have room to grow, and a small amount of 2-stage Pokemon that can really be built off of (which is the same case for the 3rd Gen).

3rd Gen had a complete-ish feel, but 5th Gen takes the cake, hands-down.

BCVM22
5th April 2011, 2:03 AM
Black and White are dull, very basic colours, and adding a more interesting (for like of a better word) colour to the series just wouldn't really fit in.

All speculation on the title of the third game is equally baseless. Four years ago, people were convinced they'd be playing "Pokémon Opal" in a year or so; how'd that turn out?

Best thing to do is just ignore all of it for now.

ForeverFlame
5th April 2011, 2:19 AM
Let's talk about how incomplete the fourth generation was.

Looking back, I can't believe we tolerated the crap that Gamefreak gave us. 78 Pokemon that weren't tied to previous Pokemon. And 14 of them were Legendary, so the actual total was 64. Compared to that, both the third and the fifth generations are a blessing.

The sixth generation will probably be an expansion pack generation like the second and fourth generations, but I hope it introduces 150 Pokemon instead of 100. Not to mention evolutions that aren't ugly as sin. That would make it a little bit bearable.

R_N
5th April 2011, 2:27 AM
Let's talk about how incomplete the fourth generation was.

Looking back, I can't believe we tolerated the crap that Gamefreak gave us. 78 Pokemon that weren't tied to previous Pokemon. And 14 of them were Legendary, so the actual total was 64. Compared to that, both the third and the fifth generations are a blessing.
That...that doesn't mean there were less Pokemon. At all. Just because they evolve/have connections with past Pokemon and there were legendaries, doesn't take away from the generation.

Not to mention evolutions that aren't ugly as sin. That would make it a little bit bearable.

They really weren't that ugly.

Mario with Lasers
5th April 2011, 3:09 AM
The only problems I have with DPPt's designs is that some evos seemed unnecessarily fat (not that it's bad, but it was like they overdid the "bigger and fatter" rule with the cross-gen evolutions), and that we had... too much blue/purple/black. The amount of blue is unbelievable, and it's almost close to purplish/dark gray/black pokémon; go here (http://www.serebii.net/diamondpearl/newpokes.shtml) and check from Mime Jr. to Magnezone, it's almost insulting. You don't have it with B/W, and that's something I really loved about the designs.

EDIT -- Lol actually you could even go as far as starting from Ambipom or Cherubi...

Korobooshi Kojiro
5th April 2011, 3:13 AM
I actually like the new evolutions more so than the new new Pokemon in Diamond and Pearl, looking back.

So, yeah, definitely a Gen in terms of Pokemon that I've come to find a bit lacking in retrospect...it and Gen II are probably tied for least favorite Gen, although I certainly don't hate them.

R_N
5th April 2011, 3:23 AM
The only problems I have with DPPt's designs is that some evos seemed unnecessarily fat (not that it's bad, but it was like they overdid the "bigger and fatter" rule with the cross-gen evolutions), and that we had... too much blue/purple/black. The amount of blue is unbelievable, and it's almost close to purplish/dark gray/black pokémon; go here (http://www.serebii.net/diamondpearl/newpokes.shtml) and check from Mime Jr. to Magnezone, it's almost insulting. You don't have it with B/W, and that's something I really loved about the designs.

EDIT -- Lol actually you could even go as far as starting from Ambipom or Cherubi...

I always liked the dark pallet of gen 4. It kind of "fit", you know? With the region and so?
Like, gen 3 was bright and vibrant, with lots of contrast which I thought fit the tropicalish Hoenn
Gen 2 always seemed sort of pastels, and that fit with Johto I thought.

Mario with Lasers
5th April 2011, 3:31 AM
I always liked the dark pallet of gen 4. It kind of "fit", you know? With the region and so?
Like, gen 3 was bright and vibrant, with lots of contrast which I thought fit the tropicalish Hoenn
Gen 2 always seemed sort of pastels, and that fit with Johto I thought.

That must be it, maybe I just don't think it fits Sinnoh at all. Or maybe I just think they had a poor color balance anyway...

R_N
5th April 2011, 3:34 AM
That must be it, maybe I just don't think it fits Sinnoh at all.

Well the region in general seemed a bit darker and colder, with a more...what's the word...subdued? color pallet. To me, anyway.

Out of curiosity, what do you think would fit Sinnoh? Always curious to see what people think of these type of things.

Chaos Rush
5th April 2011, 4:26 AM
too much blue/purple/black.... go here (http://www.serebii.net/diamondpearl/newpokes.shtml)

OH

MY

GOSH

wow, Ambipom, Drifloon, Mismagius, Honchkrow, Skuntank, Mime Jr., Spiritomb, Garchomp, Munchlax, Lucario, Skorupi, Drapion, Toxicroak, Weavile, Gliscor, Dialga, Manaphy, Phione, plus many others OH MY GOD THEY'RE ALL THE SAME

RedMage23
5th April 2011, 7:08 AM
Like I said, the main purpose of the 4th gen Pokemon was to make the 3rd gen blend in better with the first two. At least, that's the way I see it. The only reason I say that the 5th gen is not quite complete is because I always found myself itching for the old Pokemon throughout White version, but that's most likely nostalgia more than anything.

Sabonea_Masukippa
5th April 2011, 8:49 AM
The sixth generation will probably be an expansion pack generation like the second and fourth generations, but I hope it introduces 150 Pokemon instead of 100. Not to mention evolutions that aren't ugly as sin. That would make it a little bit bearable.

If we assume about 100 Pokemon and a Johto/Sinnoh style Dex there's a ton we can come to assume about Gen 6's make up:

X6 3-stage lines (incl. starters and a psuedo-legendary)
X18-20 2-stage lines
X7 Pre-evos
4-5 Alternate evos (incl. (possibly) 2 Eevee-evolutions)
6-17 Extra-evos (G.2 had 6, G.4 had 17)
X1 Pika-clone
No fewer than 10 legends
Although Gen 2 had 22 non-evolving non-legends there's been a trend against them in the last 2 gens, so those 1 stagers may be closer to Gen 4's 5.

There may also be:
A 2-stage ground/water Pokemon found earlish in the game (Wooper/Sheilos)
At least one 2-stage Bug Pokemon for early game (Ledyba/Spinarak/Kriketot)
A later game 2-stage Ground type based on a large African mammal (Hippopotas/Phanphy)
A 3-stage electric Pokemon found early in the game (Mareep/Shinx).
A 2-stage normal rodent found in the early game (Rattata/Sentret/Zigzagoon/Bidoof/Patrat)
A 2/3 stage normal/flying bird (Pidgey/Spearow/Hoot-hoot/Tailow/Starly/Pidove)
A 2 stage pure Grass family with some connection to the sun (Sunkern/Cherubi)

If they follow Sinnoh more, we may also see these (as opposed to Jhoto which didn't include them as they were more of a 'sequel' to Kanto's Pokemon):
2 2-stage Fossil Pokemon
A 2-stage cat Pokemon (possibly of normal type -Meowth/Skitty/Purugly/Purrloin)
A stand alone non-legend Grass type (Tangela/Tropius/Carnivine/Maractus)
A 2-stage Dual Grass type family, usually in the second half of the dex (Exeggcute/Cacnea*/Snover/Ferroseed)

*Obviously Cacnea is a pure Grass, but it gains Dark upon evolution, so like Tropius, it is a bit of an exception (Tropius being the only one of its group to be a dual-type)

And now that you all think I'm crazy and have put too much thought into all this, I'll add that it's possible that cross-gen evos next gen may be largely or exclusively limited to Unovan Pokemon. Just a thought.

that we had... too much blue/purple/black. The amount of blue is unbelievable, and it's almost close to purplish/dark gray/black pokémon; go here (http://www.serebii.net/diamondpearl/newpokes.shtml) and check from Mime Jr. to Magnezone, it's almost insulting. You don't have it with B/W, and that's something I really loved about the designs.

Oh goodness, I thought I was the only one to notice this!

Blackjack the Titan
5th April 2011, 10:39 AM
If we assume about 100 Pokemon and a Johto/Sinnoh style Dex there's a ton we can come to assume about Gen 6's make up:

X6 3-stage lines (incl. starters and a psuedo-legendary)
X18-20 2-stage lines
X7 Pre-evos
4-5 Alternate evos (incl. (possibly) 2 Eevee-evolutions)
6-17 Extra-evos (G.2 had 6, G.4 had 17)
X1 Pika-clone
No fewer than 10 legends
Although Gen 2 had 22 non-evolving non-legends there's been a trend against them in the last 2 gens, so those 1 stagers may be closer to Gen 4's 5.

There may also be:
A 2-stage ground/water Pokemon found earlish in the game (Wooper/Sheilos)
At least one 2-stage Bug Pokemon for early game (Ledyba/Spinarak/Kriketot)
A later game 2-stage Ground type based on a large African mammal (Hippopotas/Phanphy)
A 3-stage electric Pokemon found early in the game (Mareep/Shinx).
A 2-stage normal rodent found in the early game (Rattata/Sentret/Zigzagoon/Bidoof/Patrat)
A 2/3 stage normal/flying bird (Pidgey/Spearow/Hoot-hoot/Tailow/Starly/Pidove)
A 2 stage pure Grass family with some connection to the sun (Sunkern/Cherubi)

If they follow Sinnoh more, we may also see these (as opposed to Jhoto which didn't include them as they were more of a 'sequel' to Kanto's Pokemon):
2 2-stage Fossil Pokemon
A 2-stage cat Pokemon (possibly of normal type -Meowth/Skitty/Purugly/Purrloin)
A stand alone non-legend Grass type (Tangela/Tropius/Carnivine/Maractus)
A 2-stage Dual Grass type family, usually in the second half of the dex (Exeggcute/Cacnea*/Snover/Ferroseed)

*Obviously Cacnea is a pure Grass, but it gains Dark upon evolution, so like Tropius, it is a bit of an exception (Tropius being the only one of its group to be a dual-type)

And now that you all think I'm crazy and have put too much thought into all this, I'll add that it's possible that cross-gen evos next gen may be largely or exclusively limited to Unovan Pokemon. Just a thought.

Oh goodness, I thought I was the only one to notice this!

Besides that, what do you expect the two sixth-gen games to be called?

Sabonea_Masukippa
5th April 2011, 10:46 AM
I'm good but I'm not that good ;)

Blackjack the Titan
6th April 2011, 1:04 AM
Since some people are a bit mad at the lack of a Vs. Seeker, I bet Gamefreak will remember to put that in Grey/Cobalt.

Silent Conversation
6th April 2011, 1:11 AM
Since some people are a bit mad at the lack of a Vs. Seeker, I bet Gamefreak will remember to put that in Grey/Cobalt.

Some people? Most people are upset by it. Training a team post-E4 is really annoying now that you have to battle the exact same Sport Dome trainers day after day and once you do that, you can no longer train for the day.

If the third game doesn't have the VS Seeker I will be disappointed, but I feel like they're not going to put it in, so I'm not getting my hopes up.

R_N
6th April 2011, 1:22 AM

You say "remember" as if they forgot to put it in the first place.

They'll probably put it in Grey, don't get me wrong, but I'm certain it will be for another selling point next to "N's true name!" and "Kyurem's new forms" and maybe even "3DS enhanced!" and not because they went "Hey did we forget something last game OH NO WE LET IT SHIP AND EVERYTHING D:" or "Wow these guys don't like not having rematches"

article quote words end quote

Blackjack the Titan
6th April 2011, 11:01 AM
Let's speculate on Kyurem's new form (if there is one):
Kyurem's doctor will heal its scoliosis and it'll be taller and have more wings.
Its arms will look stronger and its skull structure will seem to relate to Giratina's Origin Forme.

LexSuicune
8th April 2011, 6:36 PM
I'm sure Kyurem will look great animated you guys need to chill with the new forme it's not even necessary imo, Kyurem's design's perfect.

Shiny Arcanine
8th April 2011, 6:49 PM
eh on kyurem.......and yes Vs Seeker needs to return in a big way.
by common logic we can say that 6th gen will start showing new pokemon in early 2014 and being released near august or september of that year with a 2015 release for U.S and UK. I dont understand why some people are already bored with the 5th gen im still drooling over meloettes cry its by far one of the best in the game. Has it been released in japan yet?

Chaos Rush
8th April 2011, 6:50 PM
I'm sure Kyurem will look great animated you guys need to chill with the new forme it's not even necessary imo, Kyurem's design's perfect.
I think Kyurem is a pretty ugly Pokemon, and I think it was intentionally supposed to be ugly. Also Kyurem has a lower base-stat total than Reshiram and Zekrom, indicating that Kyurem will receive a new forme to make it equal. Also Reshiram and Zekrom share a similar body structure, and while Kyurem is supposed to be the third member of the trio, Kyurem looks severely deformed, and it's new forme would most likely make it shaped more similar to Reshiram and Zekrom.

Really, there's no denying that Kyurem was intentionally designed to look crippled.

R_N
8th April 2011, 6:51 PM
eh on kyurem.......and yes Vs Seeker needs to return in a big way.
by common logic we can say that 6th gen will start showing new pokemon in early 2014 and being released near august or september of that year with a 2015 release for U.S and UK. I dont understand why some people are already bored with the 5th gen im still drooling over meloettes cry its by far one of the best in the game. Has it been released in japan yet?

Assuming it sticks to the once-a-year schedule, we should see Meloetta released in Japan in 2013

Blackjack the Titan
8th April 2011, 8:17 PM
Really, there's no denying that Kyurem was intentionally designed to look crippled.

Which could mean it is the oldest of the trio. Kyurem is just the legless child of the trio when it was made. The object that ups its stats will be like it getting some prostetic legs.

Hejiru
8th April 2011, 10:21 PM

Heh heh. "Chill."

Valoo.
8th April 2011, 10:49 PM
Heh heh. "Chill."
It was cool that you noticed the pun. You must have a more serperior mind than the rest of us

Hejiru
8th April 2011, 11:16 PM
It was cool that you noticed the pun. You must have a more serperior mind than the rest of us

*snicker*

MetalFlygon08
9th April 2011, 3:05 AM
oh gawd not the pun isshu again...

Shiny Arcanine
9th April 2011, 9:35 AM
oh gawd not the pun isshu again...

Next thing you know theyll be saying that ice cream can fly...........wait.

Valoo.
9th April 2011, 11:39 AM
Sorry for pigniting this conversation.....

Im so bad

Blackjack the Titan
9th April 2011, 12:41 PM
Any music fans have Bruno Mars's "Dewott's and Hooligans"?
(Horrible pun)

Hejiru
9th April 2011, 12:54 PM
Any music fans have Bruno Mars's "Dewott's and Hooligans"?
(Horrible pun)

No, but in a startling coincidence, I did make this a few days ago:

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b18/Seedoweedo/dewott.gif

Ememew
9th April 2011, 9:44 PM
Moving away from the puns . . .

I think it's cool that they finally have some non-Battle Frontier trainers with Legendary Pokemon (obviously referring to N's Reshiram/Zekrom - and it's much more powerful than the "trio" legends used by Brandon, too!). They've established that Legendary Pokemon CAN be captured by trainers other than just the player, making it seem much less unrealistic when you're able to catch them. Yes, I know with Reshiram/Zekrom, your character is supposed to be chosen as that dragon's "hero" for story purposes, but this still works to establish that Legends are catchable.

I wonder if they'll ever include trainers with previous-gen legends as non-Battle Frontier trainers (obviously not just anyone but some sort of boss-level trainers) so you can get them into the "seen" part of the Dex sooner - i.e. give the Shadow Triad an Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres or something.

Even if they don't ever do something like that, I'm still glad they established that Legendaries are not all that impossible to obtain so your catching them seems more plausible within the rules of the world and I fully expect them to continue to include trainers with some fashion of Legendary Pokemon in future games in non-Battle Frontier settings.

Charizard tamer(Red)
10th April 2011, 1:01 AM
Ok so, I love Pikachu and have a really good one. I traided mine over from SoulSilver and than found out that you cant get a Lightball?!! Please someone tell me im wrong, would the game really make such a mistake and make it so you cant get a light ball? HELP.

Ultimate Glalie
10th April 2011, 1:04 AM
Ok so, I love Pikachu and have a really good one. I traided mine over from SoulSilver and than found out that you cant get a Lightball?!! Please someone tell me im wrong, would the game really make such a mistake and make it so you cant get a light ball? HELP.The Light Ball is currently unobtainable in B/W. It will probably be made available some time in the future through some sort of event.

Charizard tamer(Red)
10th April 2011, 1:10 AM
The Light Ball is currently unobtainable in B/W. It will probably be made available some time in the future through some sort of event.

This upsets me...Thanks for the info.

warteen13
10th April 2011, 1:43 AM
Is the zoroark event in the game soft restartable if u saved right before it

Ememew
10th April 2011, 2:07 AM
Is the zoroark event in the game soft restartable if u saved right before it

Yes, you can soft reset if you save before Zoroark. However, it is not able to be shiny (though you can breed to get shiny Zorua) and will always be female. Nature and IVs can be reset for, though.

warteen13
10th April 2011, 2:08 AM
im just wanting to change the nature and have a timid one lol thank you for the information

Blackjack the Titan
10th April 2011, 3:09 AM
Moving away from the puns . . .

I think it's cool that they finally have some non-Battle Frontier trainers with Legendary Pokemon (obviously referring to N's Reshiram/Zekrom - and it's much more powerful than the "trio" legends used by Brandon, too!). They've established that Legendary Pokemon CAN be captured by trainers other than just the player, making it seem much less unrealistic when you're able to catch them. Yes, I know with Reshiram/Zekrom, your character is supposed to be chosen as that dragon's "hero" for story purposes, but this still works to establish that Legends are catchable.

I wonder if they'll ever include trainers with previous-gen legends as non-Battle Frontier trainers (obviously not just anyone but some sort of boss-level trainers) so you can get them into the "seen" part of the Dex sooner - i.e. give the Shadow Triad an Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres or something.

Even if they don't ever do something like that, I'm still glad they established that Legendaries are not all that impossible to obtain so your catching them seems more plausible within the rules of the world and I fully expect them to continue to include trainers with some fashion of Legendary Pokemon in future games in non-Battle Frontier settings.

I'm looking forward to a story in which the friends or rival(s) are also battling the gangsters just to catch the Legendary, then you battle them with the exclusive legendary.
If Cheren was the one to catch Zekrom/Reshiram and then the Light/Dark Stone were to reform as the Pokémon, I think that would have made the game really show that Legendaries aren't exclusive to a kid who was sheltered from the outside world for ten years and then randomly given a Pokémon to start a journey.

MetalFlygon08
10th April 2011, 6:24 AM
But Cheren Biance and You WERE sheltered from the world for 15 years, stuck in Nuvema town until you just start your journy...

R_N
10th April 2011, 6:39 AM
But Cheren Biance and You WERE sheltered from the world for 15 years, stuck in Nuvema town until you just start your journy...

Meanwhile N was stuck in the castle (that was...underground? but also outside...or something) for 15 years

The E
10th April 2011, 11:38 PM
I'm pretty sure the new pokemon game was aimed at teens as well as kids, so...

GaZsTiC
10th April 2011, 11:39 PM

Not teens but early 20s - the ones who originally played the older games but lost interest years ago.

BCVM22
11th April 2011, 12:07 AM

It was aimed at boys ages 6-11, like every past Pokémon product and every future Pokémon product. There's nothing that stops gamers of all ages and genders from enjoying it to the fullest, but the core material of the games will always be designed and tailored for and aimed at the target demographic.

Ememew
11th April 2011, 12:11 AM
Of course, due to it still being widely appealing to people outside the "6-11 year old male" description, that brings up interesting theoretical questions about how much the "target demographic" is socialized into liking the types of things in Pokemon while other demographics aren't/are channeled into different interests.

Yeah, this is what happens when I'm playing around on a Pokemon site when I'm supposed to be doing my Gender Theory homework . . .

Blackjack the Titan
11th April 2011, 12:38 AM
Will we see Looker throughout the storyline of Grey/Cobalt?

BCVM22
11th April 2011, 12:45 AM
What sort of answer would you like? We can't actually give you a definitive response to that, can we?

rocky505
11th April 2011, 12:47 AM
Will we see Looker throughout the storyline of Grey/Cobalt? I have never heard of a game called grey or Cobalt where do you get your info?

AwesomeTree
11th April 2011, 1:30 AM
I have never heard of a game called grey or Cobalt where do you get your info?

They're assuming a name for the third version of Black/White, as a grey colour is likely. Cobalt's a blue though, so I don't see the connection there...

RedMage23
11th April 2011, 1:38 AM
Grey, Cobalt (like Cobalion), and Chrome (Kyurem sounds kind of like Chrome) are the three popular theorized names for the third version.

LexSuicune
11th April 2011, 1:48 AM
What sort of answer would you like? We can't actually give you a definitive response to that, can we?

I do not understand why you always answer people with such disdain and aggravation.

A simple 'we do not know' would suffice him/her, i'm sure.

BCVM22
11th April 2011, 1:54 AM
I do not understand why you always answer people with such disdain and aggravation.

I don't. People just like to assume.

A simple 'we do not know' would suffice him/her, i'm sure.

So would inquiring as to the thought process behind asking an unanswerable question. Which is what I did.

Blackjack the Titan
11th April 2011, 2:07 AM
I don't. People just like to assume.

So would inquiring as to the thought process behind asking an unanswerable question. Which is what I did.

Just speculating.

Could it be a possibility that Looker might have a bigger role intte third installment?

How's that, BCVM22?
Any better?

BCVM22
11th April 2011, 2:08 AM
It's less unanswerable, sure.

m190049
11th April 2011, 2:08 AM
Eh. I still think the fact that they selected Kyurem's color in the Pokedex as Gray was specifically intentional.
Seeing as it's really mostly blue-ish, maybe a "dull blue-gray". Even if Pokemon Gray is kinda boring and obvious...
...Not that that it being labeled as Gray rules out something like "Cobalt" or whatnot either.

Not that any of this even matters, as those colors seem to be not particularly accurate a large amount of the time anyway.
*Stares at "Green Bronzong", "Yellow Keldeo", and "Black Munchlax"*

rocky505
11th April 2011, 2:18 AM
They're assuming a name for the third version of Black/White, as a grey colour is likely. Cobalt's a blue though, so I don't see the connection there... Then why don't they just call it the third game? With no confirmed info at all of what the gme will be called saying Grey/Gray/Cobalt/Crimson/Brown will just cause confusion to newcomers on the forums.

R_N
11th April 2011, 2:22 AM
Then why don't they just call it the third game? With no confirmed info at all of what the gme will be called saying Grey/Gray/Cobalt/Crimson/Brown will just cause confusion to newcomers on the forums.

Not really, most would just assume Grey anyway.
also a matter of laziness
grey or gray is 4 characters
third game would be 9!

Blackjack the Titan
11th April 2011, 2:24 AM
Maybe Grey may not be the third installment's title.
If profit is to be made, a more attracting name must be established.
Chrome sounds much like an option. But it might be something that relates to Black and White.
Gamefreak is probably making analogies for the words blacl and white just to come up something.

Ememew
11th April 2011, 2:25 AM
Then why don't they just call it the third game? With no confirmed info at all of what the gme will be called saying Grey/Gray/Cobalt/Crimson/Brown will just cause confusion to newcomers on the forums.

I don't know, maybe so they can claim bragging rights if the third installment turns out to be the one they've been pushing for?

Still, "the third game" takes longer to write than one color (but some people slash a bunch of different possibilities together when talking about it, so that takes longer to write . . .).

rocky505
11th April 2011, 2:28 AM
Not really, most would just assume Grey anyway.
also a matter of laziness
grey or gray is 4 characters
third game would be 9! Third game is 10! Fail at trying to be funny lol

R_N
11th April 2011, 2:40 AM
Third game is 10! Fail at trying to be funny lol

Third game is only 10 if you count the space

t - 1
h - 2
i - 3
r - 4
d - 5

g - 6
a - 7
m - 8
e - 9

"lol"

rocky505
11th April 2011, 2:42 AM
Third game is only 10 if you count the space

t - 1
h - 2
i - 3
r - 4
d - 5

g - 6
a - 7
m - 8
e - 9

"lol" But there is a space so it is 10 characters. HA!

R_N
11th April 2011, 2:57 AM
I don't think most people/places count the space as its own character (though Word's word count function offers both).

We aren't programming in Java!

Kreis
11th April 2011, 3:01 AM
I die a little inside when people use "fail" as an adjective.

Silent Conversation
11th April 2011, 3:03 AM
If profit is to be made, a more attracting name must be established.

Well, considering the boring and mundane names of Black and White seemed to be a hit, I don't think there would be any reason to want to come up with a different name other than Gray.

Blackjack the Titan
11th April 2011, 9:16 AM
Pokémon
The Third
9 characters
How bout that? Sounds a bit more tough.

Hejiru
11th April 2011, 1:45 PM
I just want to point out one thing.

If it is called Gray, it will be spelled Gray, and not Grey.

pokemongray.com
pokemongrey.com

If they decide on Gray (which is very, very likely) they will probably go for the spelling they already have a domain for.

And by the way, they is no pokemonchrome.com yet. This dosen't prove it won't be called Chrome, but it does lend more credibility to the Gray theory.

Sabonea_Masukippa
11th April 2011, 3:18 PM
I die a little inside when people use "fail" as an adjective.

And I die a little inside whenever someone uses hyperbole to bemoan a perfectly reasonable change in language. :P

As for the subject at hand, the third version is still about one year away from even being announced, at the earliest, and the name of it is probably the least important piece of information about it. Platinum, Emerald, Crystal or Yellow were not better games (or worse games, either) for not being called Opal, Green, Bronze, or Merrigold.

NorthernLord
11th April 2011, 5:02 PM
Y'all with me when I say we all go vote for Pokémon Brown Version?
:D

Hejiru
11th April 2011, 6:10 PM
Y'all

This is what makes me die a little.

Orton155
11th April 2011, 6:35 PM
Personally, I think it will be called pokemon Chrome and I have done for a while. A friend of mine said something about it being called the 'monochrome' series which he said backed up chrome but i'm not so sure.

I think it will be chrome because kyurem screams the colour chrome at me for some reason and it does make sense to be a name of a game.

RedMage23
11th April 2011, 6:50 PM
Basically Grey/Gray, Cobalt, and Chrome are the most likely, I'd say. Or they might just send one from left field like they did with Platinum.

Valoo.
11th April 2011, 7:29 PM
^ Yeah, Platinum surprised me too. I thought it would definetly be 'Granite'

Hejiru
11th April 2011, 7:38 PM
As I recall, everyone was assuming Opal or Girasol for Platinum's name.

Valoo.
11th April 2011, 8:53 PM
Well, at least I didn't think 'Chaos Emerald' like my cousin......

Blackjack the Titan
11th April 2011, 9:31 PM
The name may not REALLY matter, but it could effect the amount of new consumers wanting to buy the game. Veteran players will definitely purchase this, but newcomers may lose interest in buying a game called Grey.
Sorry if I'm being redundant.

Hejiru
11th April 2011, 9:35 PM
It could be called Pokemon Turdface Version and it would still sell like hotcakes.

SilverQuil
11th April 2011, 10:09 PM
I have a random stupid question. When connecting DPt or HGSS to PBR, you can only copy Pokémon from one game per save file, and in HGSS, you can only connect one game with one PokéWalker. I was curious if a similar system was in place for the PokéTransfer in BW. I have Pokémon in Pt and SS that I'd like to transfer to Black eventually. Would I be able to transfer them from both games, or would I have to Pal Park them from one game to the other before transferring them to Black?

Oh, and about the whole Gray/Cobalt/whatever thing, I have a strong hunch that Kyurem is meant to be the third part of a trio with Reshiram and Zekrom. But I'm not going to think about buying Gray-or-whatever-it-is until I find out whether or not it has enough extra plot points and/or backstory clarification to interest me. Version mascots also have a lot to do with which versions I prefer - right now Reshiram is my favorite of the trio, and it will remain that way unless Kyurem gets an alternate form that I find aesthetically pleasing.

Hejiru
11th April 2011, 10:12 PM
I have a random stupid question. When connecting DPt or HGSS to PBR, you can only copy Pokémon from one game per save file, and in HGSS, you can only connect one game with one PokéWalker. I was curious if a similar system was in place for the PokéTransfer in BW. I have Pokémon in Pt and SS that I'd like to transfer to Black eventually. Would I be able to transfer them from both games, or would I have to Pal Park them from one game to the other before transferring them to Black?

I'm not sure I understand your question. Are you asking if the PokeTransfer can transfer from more than one game? If so, then the answer is yes (at least, as far I know.)

BCVM22
11th April 2011, 10:23 PM
Would I be able to transfer them from both games, or would I have to Pal Park them from one game to the other before transferring them to Black?

Your question is muddled, because Pal Park would have no hand in transferring the critters between your Generation IV games, but the Poké Transfer is completely indiscriminate as to what game you transfer from. You could use a different Generation IV title every day if you really wanted.

I have a strong hunch that Kyurem is meant to be the third part of a trio with Reshiram and Zekrom.

SilverQuil
11th April 2011, 10:28 PM
I'm not sure I understand your question. Are you asking if the PokeTransfer can transfer from more than one game? If so, then the answer is yes (at least, as far I know.)
Thanks. I did phrase that rather awkwardly, didn't I :P
The only reason I mentioned Pal Park is because I'm a noob and I temporarily forgot that it's designed to transfer Pokémon from 3rd Gen and before to 4th Gen. My bad.

KickAsh
12th April 2011, 12:15 AM
It could be called Pokemon Turdface Version and it would still sell like hotcakes.
With Purugly on the cover!

rocky505
12th April 2011, 12:19 AM
With Purugly on the cover! More like Stunfisk on the cover :D

abraxas
12th April 2011, 2:39 AM
With Purugly on the cover!

Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey!!!
Don't be hatin' on Purugly.
Stunfisk, sure, that's fine, but not Purugly. ;x

Hejiru
12th April 2011, 1:00 PM
Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey!!!
Don't be hatin' on Purugly.
Stunfisk, sure, that's fine, but not Purugly. ;x

And here I thought I was the only one who liked Purugly! :'D

Gold-Kaiser
12th April 2011, 5:42 PM
it's more likly that the third 5th generation game could be called Crome, the sereis is the monochrome series and well black,white and chrome are the only things that sound monochrome to me, also black and white when mixed in the right quantities can produce GREY kyrem is said to be the body of the dragon that they all once were, so it is possible that the origal dragon is somewhat like kyrem, which is grey and black(zeckrom) and white (reshiram) would become grey.
also the cases of hte games are opposite to the legend and when the colour of legend and case mix what colour can it become? Grey

So i rest mu case for why i believe the third game could be either Chrome or Grey.
:D

Gold-Kaiser

A_Merry_Snowrunt
14th April 2011, 4:07 AM
I love your theories everybody. It would be one sweet twist to see them as the shadow triad. oh, even the anime will make it tense!

Blackjack the Titan
14th April 2011, 4:33 AM
How bout we find out that Kyurem is the twin of the dragon that split into two in Gray/Chrome?
I'd like to see something related to that in the third installment.
But how do you think we're gonna encounter Kyurem in Gray/Chrome? Maybe N notices the Light Stone / Dark Stone in the museum and gets the other one from Twist Mountain.
Then, I guess, we get the Chrome Stone from inside the Dragon Skull in the museum.
Lenora- "What?!?! Even I didn't know that was in there!!!" lol

Oh yeah another thing. Who could be the Opelucid Gym Leader? A double battle perhaps?

This generation is really good compared to the last 3.

Blinkingsky
16th April 2011, 3:49 AM
Oh yeah another thing. Who could be the Opelucid Gym Leader? A double battle perhaps?

If they did that, I would cry tears of joy.

Poke_Mania97
16th April 2011, 9:21 AM
I know this may not happen, but what if there is a secret legendary that GF haven't released, and its not in BW because in grey where it is the mascot, you can cannot trade it over because there is no programming for it in BW?

and i want the 3rd game if its grey, to be on 3DS, cause the carts are grey/white! Also Chrome would go better with Scarlet or crimson. I dont think it fits with BW

BCVM22
16th April 2011, 9:43 AM
what if there is a secret legendary that GF haven't released, and its not in BW because in grey where it is the mascot, you can cannot trade it over because there is no programming for it in BW?

There is no logic or reason to this. None.

and i want the 3rd game if its grey, to be on 3DS, cause the carts are grey/white!

One has absolutely nothing to do with the other.

Poke_Mania97
16th April 2011, 2:03 PM
There is no logic or reason to this. None.

One has absolutely nothing to do with the other.

I believe they were both referred to as the colour grey! so please dont tell met they have nothing to do with each other, cause thats my example.

Man your stupid, Cletus of the simpsons stupid!

Valoo.
16th April 2011, 2:10 PM
I believe they were both referred to as the colour grey! so please dont tell met they have nothing to do with each other, cause thats my example.

Man your stupid, Cletus of the simpsons stupid!
Just because the game cartridge is Grey, doesn't mean that the game will be called Grey. He's right, there is no logic behind you're point. And don't insult him, he's smarter than most people here.

Mario with Lasers
16th April 2011, 3:03 PM
I know this may not happen, but what if there is a secret legendary that GF haven't released, and its not in BW because in grey where it is the mascot, you can cannot trade it over because there is no programming for it in BW?

Only if this "legendary" is a new forme for another pokémon, which was the case with Giratina.

Man your stupid

irony

Poke_Mania97
16th April 2011, 3:15 PM
Just because the game cartridge is Grey, doesn't mean that the game will be called Grey. He's right, there is no logic behind you're point. And don't insult him, he's smarter than most people here.

who said that the cart would be grey>.> all i said was i HOPE it is

Valoo.
16th April 2011, 3:37 PM
who said that the cart would be grey>.> all i said was i HOPE it is

and i want the 3rd game if its grey, to be on 3DS, cause the carts are grey/white!

There's your answer.

LexSuicune
16th April 2011, 4:17 PM
If it's going to be for 3DS I wouldn't expect much in terms of the 3D aspect of it.

Poke_Mania97
16th April 2011, 5:06 PM
There's your answer.

what i meant was who said the pokemn grey cart would be gray

Eoneo
16th April 2011, 6:01 PM
One of my theories on the 3rd game is that reshiram and zekrom will some how fuse back into the original dragon in which N will use, while u use a kyurem (maybe in an alter forme?). or vice versa? just a thought that i've had since i leart that reshiram and zekrom were once one dragon.

TsukiMirage
17th April 2011, 3:07 AM
I bet whatever fusion Reshiram and Zekrom do will be made into stone to be given to Kyurem. Probably the God Stone.

Blackjack the Titan
17th April 2011, 1:25 PM
One of my theories on the 3rd game is that reshiram and zekrom will some how fuse back into the original dragon in which N will use, while u use a kyurem (maybe in an alter forme?). or vice versa? just a thought that i've had since i leart that reshiram and zekrom were once one dragon.

How about Reshiram and Zekrom fuse into a Pokémon that looks almost identical to Kyurem and Kyurem is given this God Stone that makes its 'God Forme'?

Poke_Mania97
17th April 2011, 3:17 PM
How about Reshiram and Zekrom fuse into a Pokémon that looks almost identical to Kyurem and Kyurem is given this God Stone that makes its 'God Forme'?

its wierd that its called the god stone, isnt arceus the pokemon god

PokemonOwn
17th April 2011, 3:23 PM
Probably the God Stone.

Possibly the Monochrome Stone. I want the Kami Trio to have a bigger plot in the 3rd version. Who's with me?

CaptainCombusken
17th April 2011, 5:00 PM
You know what I want for the 3rd version? Here, I'll make a list.

New Sprites. Such as Samurott on two legs. And differentiation between sprites for the Kami Trio. If they make that happen, Samurott may just shoot up to my third Pokemon EVER, Knocking Minun down to fourth and Scrafty down to fifth.
The Pokeathlon and Contests to be brought back. The Musical is fused with the dancing stage in the Contests to create an awesome new contest. Both events are in Nimbassa city, I mean, it's already busy, making it busier won't be too hard.
For the Pokeahtlon, I would really like it if we had some new games as well, possibly to replace some of the old ones.
Some awesome move tutors and new movesets. I would seriously love it if Samurott in particular had stuff like Ice Punch, Close Combat, Leaf Blade I could see on him too.
And Serperior needs a better moveset too. Give it some good moves, like Dragon Pulse, Psychic, Shadow Ball, and a load of other good Special moves (I personally don't like Serperior, but I know many love it)
New Gym leader Line Ups, and Gym leader Rematches. Another list for each of 'em.

Cilan/Chili/Cress- Pansage/Pansear/Panpour, Lillipup. Each. It's also a triple battle. You can catch the Monkeys in the Dream Yard now as well as Pinhweel and Lostlorn forest, via Shaking Grass again.
Rematch: Simisage/Simisear/Simipour, Maractus/Heatmor/Basculin, Sawsbuck/Darmantian/Jellicent, Stoutland. You face them individually this time.
Lenora- Watchog, Herdier, Pidove, Lillipup
Rematch: Watchog, Stoutland, Unfezant, Sawsbuck, Herdier, Cinccino
Burgh- Dwebble, Swadloon, Whirlipede, Leavanny
Rematch: Leavanny, Scolipede Crustle, Galvantula, Durant, Volcarona.
Elesa- Bliztle, Emolga, Emolga, Zebstrika
Rematch: Emolga, Emolga, Zebstrika, Stunfisk, Eelektross, Galvantula.

Will edit later...

Silent Conversation
17th April 2011, 5:03 PM
Almost all third versions have new sprites, so that one's pretty much a given. Also, most third versions change the line ups, so hopefully we'd get that too. Also, rematches are a MUST. I was so disappointed that there were no Gym Leader rematches in these games, and will be so much more disappointed if we don't get them by Gray.

As for Pokeathlon, I wouldn't be so sure. Pokeathlon didn't seem to be all that popular, so I don't see why they'd bring it back. Also, I understand mixing up Serperior's move set would be good, but giving it all of those special moves would be far too drastic.

Blackjack the Titan
17th April 2011, 5:15 PM
its wierd that its called the god stone, isnt arceus the pokemon god

Exactly. Arceus might play a part in the God Stone. Like how the anime features the Jewel of Life, the games will feature the God Stone, made from the Stone Plate, Iron Plate, Freeze Plate and Draco Plate.
Maybe if you give Kyurem the God Stone, his forme changes and the plates that are fused to make the God Stone can then be found around the region.

I hope that police guy Looker doesn't show his little avatar a** again in the third game.

Grei
17th April 2011, 5:45 PM
As for Pokeathlon, I wouldn't be so sure. Pokeathlon didn't seem to be all that popular, so I don't see why they'd bring it back. Also, I understand mixing up Serperior's move set would be good, but giving it all of those special moves would be far too drastic.

I dunno. I personally loved the Pokeathlon and I think most people found it to be WAY more interesting and engaging than Contests (and, by extension, Musicals). Bringing the Pokeathlon back would be terrific.

I wouldn't give Serperior a bunch of Special moves. I could see Dragon Pulse and maybe two or three other attacks of the Special or Physical brand. I think he needs more diversity rather than more of a specific brand of attack. More attacks that lower its stats would be nice. Although I think it should get Power Whip.

Silent Conversation
17th April 2011, 5:51 PM
I wouldn't give Serperior a bunch of Special moves. I could see Dragon Pulse and maybe two or three other attacks of the Special or Physical brand. I think he needs more diversity rather than more of a specific brand of attack. More attacks that lower its stats would be nice. Although I think it should get Power Whip.

Yeah, I understand Dragon Pulse, I just can't see Serperior using Psychic or Shadow Ball. Also, Power Whip would be pretty nice.

BCVM22
17th April 2011, 7:12 PM
Exactly. Arceus might play a part in the God Stone.

No, they aren't going to feature a previous-generation event Legendary in the present. Generation IV had its time.

Blackjack the Titan
17th April 2011, 7:36 PM
No, they aren't going to feature a previous-generation event Legendary in the present. Generation IV had its time.

No they're not. The God Stone's origins will be told to you after you have beaten N and Ghetsis.
That's how I think of the God Stone.
We really won't know anything about it except for the fact that it may give Kyurem a new Forme.

And Serperior needs a better moveset too. Give it some good moves, like Dragon Pulse, Psychic, Shadow Ball, and a load of other good Special moves (I personally don't like Serperior, but I know many love it)

I was disappointed that a Pokemon derived from the word 'serpent' wasn't given a Grass/Dragon combo for its final evolution.
So yeah, the least they can do is give Serperior more Dragon type moves than Dragon Tail.
I can see Serperior using Psychic, but not Shadow Ball.
Power Whip would be cool too.

RedMage23
17th April 2011, 7:37 PM

Well, there was an in-game event involving the weather trio in HG/SS. I know it's not the same thing, but you can't rule out the possibility just because it hasn't been done exactly that way before.

BCVM22
17th April 2011, 8:43 PM
Well, there was an in-game event involving the weather trio in HG/SS. I know it's not the same thing, but you can't rule out the possibility just because it hasn't been done exactly that way before.

Yes, you can, really, because no, they aren't going to tie a previous-generation Legendary into what would ostensibly be the focus of the third Unova title, that being Kyurem and its whole deal.

I'll put it this way: does it really make sense that you would theoretically have this game, with Kyurem on the cover, theoretically with a new form a la Giratina, and when it comes time in the game for one of the NPCs to deliver exposition on Kyurem and all that, that they'd actually write the backstory to the effect of "so yeah, this is Kyurem and all... but hey, remember Arceus, from those games that came out 4-6 years ago? He was super-awesome!"?

Put another way: if this were three years ago and we were slowly moving towards Platinum and the Giratina stuff therein, and someone had theorized "you know, I bet they'll totally find some way to tie Jirachi/Deoxys into all of this!", would you have really counted it as a legitimate possibility on the sole basis of "well we don't know FOR SURE"?

Ememew
17th April 2011, 8:50 PM
Yes, you can, really, because no, they aren't going to tie a previous-generation Legendary into what would ostensibly be the focus of the third Unova title, that being Kyurem and its whole deal.

I'll put it this way: does it really make sense that you would theoretically have this game, with Kyurem on the cover, theoretically with a new form a la Giratina, and when it comes time in the game for one of the NPCs to deliver exposition on Kyurem and all that, that they'd actually write the backstory to the effect of "so yeah, this is Kyurem and all... but hey, remember Arceus, from those games that came out 4-6 years ago? He was super-awesome!"?

Again, that's with the game "theoretically having Kyurem/new forme on the cover" which, while the most likely alternative with the present information, is not confirmed yet. (I'd personally like to see Cobalion with this role, just because it would throw people off and not spoil a new Kyurem forme, but that said, I understand the unlikelihood of this option in comparison to Kyurem).

But I agree that the main story will involve only current generation Pokemon. Unova's a "fresh start" and all, and the main story of the game has never involved past-gen Pokemon. As for post-game, where there are possible sidequests in the vein of Groudon/Kyogre/Rayquaza in HG/SS, it still wouldn't be likely to be Arceus because Arceus is a hidden/event-only Pokemon, not something that was found in-game by normal means like the weather trio.

Silent Conversation
17th April 2011, 9:08 PM
I don't see Arceus taking part in the third game at all. If anything, the main previous gen legendaries in the third game will be Uxie, Mesprit and Azelf, to continue off the new-ish tradition of including the non-mascot trio from the previous gen in the games.

Poke_Mania97
17th April 2011, 9:16 PM

Put another way: if this were three years ago and we were slowly moving towards Platinum and the Giratina stuff therein, and someone had theorized "you know, I bet they'll totally find some way to tie Jirachi/Deoxys into all of this!", would you have really counted it as a legitimate possibility on the sole basis of "well we don't know FOR SURE"?

I have to agree with Metagross here(sorry i forgot your username)=S I doubt arceus will be involved at all in Grey. maybe the dragon trio can be in R/S remakes but thats another story.

What would be better released first? R/S Remakes or Grey? I would say grey i want a kyerum 2nd forme. I wonder what the god stone is...

This wont happen again and i know it wont, but what if there is a new starter next gen. Not as in brand new, i mean like a pokemon available in BW.

Like how pikachu was the starter in Yellow and Eevee was the rival's pokemon. But that wont happen as Pikachu was and still is the most favourite pokemon character

Silent Conversation
17th April 2011, 10:01 PM
What would be better released first? R/S Remakes or Grey? I would say grey i want a kyerum 2nd forme. I wonder what the god stone is...

I actually want an R/S remake first. Mostly because releasing another game before Gray would make the release of Gray more exciting, plus I actually really want to play an R/S remake. I really liked Emerald and would love to see the 5th gen enhancements and 3D graphics.

The Eleventh
17th April 2011, 10:02 PM
I dunno. I personally loved the Pokeathlon and I think most people found it to be WAY more interesting and engaging than Contests (and, by extension, Musicals). Bringing the Pokeathlon back would be terrific.
I also found the Pokéathlon to be much more exciting than Musicals and Contests. The Pokéathlon offered many varied mini-games, while Musicals are extremely boring and a waste of time. I'd love to see it return.

I actually want an R/S remake first. Mostly because releasing another game before Gray would make the release of Gray more exciting, plus I actually really want to play an R/S remake. I really liked Emerald and would love to see the 5th gen enhancements and 3D graphics.

Me too. If an RSE remake were to be released before "Grey", like RS, FRLG and Emerald, I would be very excited for "Grey", as it will have been two or three years since Black and White. And I just want to journey through Hoenn again with my ol' favourites.

Blackjack the Titan
18th April 2011, 12:27 AM

Good point. I totally agree.

What would be better released first? R/S Remakes or Grey? I would say grey i want a kyerum 2nd forme.

Grey may have to come first.

Imagine HG/SS not having an item called the Griseous Orb with a Giratina that we may never know has another forme till a year.

Now, put it into a Kyurem case.
Me in R/S remake: "Yay I caught Kyurem! Along with all gym badges and several records in the Hall of Fame."
>I look around<
Me: "Now what?"

RedMage23
18th April 2011, 12:46 AM
I really hope R/S remakes come first. They could preempt Grey by adding locked features in the games. Frankly, I'm a bit sick of Unova after playing White so much in the past month, and if I try to play Emerald again, it'll seem old.

R_N
18th April 2011, 1:07 AM
Are people still calling Arceus the Pokemon god even though it really isn't, and only kind of considered that in Sinnoh myth?

Blackjack the Titan
18th April 2011, 1:11 AM
I really hope R/S remakes come first. They could preempt Grey by adding locked features in the games. Frankly, I'm a bit sick of Unova after playing White so much in the past month, and if I try to play Emerald again, it'll seem old.

Yeah, even though I like the Unovian Pokemon, I would really like to get back to the Hoenn region. If they do release the remakes before Grey, they better remake some gyms like the Petalburg City Gym and the Rustboro Gym.

R_N
18th April 2011, 1:19 AM
Noooo I want RS remakes second.

The last set always gets the best features, and there's an okay possibility that they would be made with more 3DS stuff in mind, while Gray would probably mostly be using BW as the backend.

Grei
18th April 2011, 1:43 AM
I have to agree with Metagross here(sorry i forgot your username)=S

It's in your post.

I also found the Pokéathlon to be much more exciting than Musicals and Contests. The Pokéathlon offered many varied mini-games, while Musicals are extremely boring and a waste of time. I'd love to see it return.

Exactly. That, and if Grey features overworld sprites of all of the Unova Pokemon (for Dream World purposes), it'd be a good way to utilize them. Following Pokemon would also be cool to return, but if not, then oh well. :/

Silent Conversation
18th April 2011, 2:14 AM
The last set always gets the best features, and there's an okay possibility that they would be made with more 3DS stuff in mind, while Gray would probably mostly be using BW as the backend.

I guess that makes sense... I just want R/S Remake first because I'm impatient to go through Hoenn again :p

Blackjack the Titan
18th April 2011, 2:52 AM
So what Pokémon could the Unovian Gym Leaders use in their rematches, that is, if Grey lets us have rematches (highly likely).

Grei
18th April 2011, 3:53 AM
One would figure that they would probably use Pokemon of their specialty type.

No, seriously. They have tons of choices. Chances are, they'd only add to their current lineups rather than ditch their Unova teams for brand new ones, at the most only switching out one or two. I imagine Cilan, Cress, and Chili would just evolve their current Pokemon (or all get one Grass-, Water-, and Fire-type respectively) if their rematch is in Triple Battle form.

R_N
18th April 2011, 3:57 AM
One would figure that they would probably use Pokemon of their specialty type.

No, seriously. They have tons of choices. Chances are, they'd only add to their current lineups rather than ditch their Unova teams for brand new ones, at the most only switching out one or two.

He meant rematches, with teams of 5 or 6 in the 50s-60s.
Usually they add in out-of-region Pokemon, too.

ABXY
18th April 2011, 4:09 AM
I can't wait for the Hoenn remakes either, but they are definitely going to come out after the 3rd installment of this gen. I'm just wondering if they're going to make it on DS or 3DS, personally. And a remake of Platinum comes in the gen after. Even if that's not going to happen for a long time, gen IV still feels so recent for some reason, but it isn't. I'm guessing it's because we're still playing Pokemon on the DS.

Why you gotta mess up the cycle, Nintendo?

Grei
18th April 2011, 4:13 AM
He meant rematches, with teams of 5 or 6 in the 50s-60s.
Usually they add in out-of-region Pokemon, too.

I know that. That's what I'm saying. Hence why I simply said they would use Pokemon of their specialty type.

Speculating on rematch teams is a bit pointless when the only thing anyone really has to go off of is their specialty type. That's especially hard for Leaders like Clay, who can get a very large amount of Pokemon added. Even moreso because Clay could get a Golurk, Skyla could get a Sigilyph, Elesa could get a Galvantula, and a number of other Unova Leaders can get Pokemon even from within their own region.

Add on to that the fact that nobody can know if they'll purely add to their Unova teams or switch out some members and you've got very, very little to form substantial speculation off of.

R_N
18th April 2011, 4:23 AM
I know that. That's what I'm saying. Hence why I simply said they would use Pokemon of their specialty type.

Speculating on rematch teams is a bit pointless when the only thing anyone really has to go off of is their specialty type. That's especially hard for Leaders like Clay, who can get a very large amount of Pokemon added. Even moreso because Clay could get a Golurk, Skyla could get a Sigilyph, Elesa could get a Galvantula, and a number of other Unova Leaders can get Pokemon even from within their own region.

Add on to that the fact that nobody can know if they'll purely add to their Unova teams or switch out some members and you've got very, very little to form substantial speculation off of.

Ah, gotcha. I thought you meant their normal teams for some reason.

They will probably flesh out their remaining slots with out-of-region Pokemon if the E4 is any indication. Or maybe give a few more Unovans (rounding out to 4) + 2 "outer" Pokemon?

Occasionally they do go with a sort of theme, though. Whitney's rematch was about raising power and passing it around; Gardenia used Sunny Day; Candice used Hail.

gyaradosuseddragonrage!
18th April 2011, 4:58 AM
Will the hairdo gym leaders (First ones) keep their Lillipup? It would look weird imo, just like how Onix was never evolved and dropped on Brock's HGSS rematch.

4 Unovans and one outer was used for the Elite Four, I see it being used for the GL's as well.

Eoneo
18th April 2011, 10:12 AM
I personally think it would be pointless to rmk RS. the only reason they rmked RB and GS is due to the lack of graphics those games had and the fact they couldnt be directly linked to or trade to the advance gen onwards. And if they do remake RS then where does that leave LGFR? they have practically the same graphics as each other. And i do kno that they did a 3d model of kanto in HGSS but thats not the same IMO.

Also one of the reasons i thought they used a non-japan based region for unova is to steer away from that culture and show the other parts of the pokemon world that exist and how (like in the real world) it differs from the first 4 gens.

Blackjack the Titan
18th April 2011, 10:14 AM
Will the hairdo gym leaders (First ones) keep their Lillipup? It would look weird imo, just like how Onix was never evolved and dropped on Brock's HGSS rematch.

4 Unovans and one outer was used for the Elite Four, I see it being used for the GL's as well.

Maybe, maybe not. Or it could've evolved into a Stoutland. We'll see when it come out. And the Post Legendary event Elite Four Teams were 4 Unovians and 2 outers.

For Skyla, Clay, Lenora, Burgh, and Elesa, it's easy for them to add another Unovian Pokémon to their team (Archeops, Golurk, Cinccino, Escavalier and Accelgor and Volcarona, Eelektross).
But for Brycen and Drayden/Iris, they may have to take a step out of Unova to get another Pokémon of their type.

kuyoyo
18th April 2011, 12:28 PM
I personally think it would be pointless to rmk RS. the only reason they rmked RB and GS is due to the lack of graphics those games had and the fact they couldnt be directly linked to or trade to the advance gen onwards. And if they do remake RS then where does that leave LGFR? they have practically the same graphics as each other. And i do kno that they did a 3d model of kanto in HGSS but thats not the same IMO.

Remaking RS is actually more than likely going to happen for one reason and one reason only: MONEY! BW has pulled a large number of new fans into the fanbase so remaking RS would give these new fans the chance to relive our experiences in Hoenn. Plus, if you think about it, they didn't actually have to make HGSS but they did because GS was then the biggest selling and best games of the franchise and they knew that the games would sell well. Plus, RS cartiages will probably end up breaking down at some point so remaking the games seems more-than-likely.

Valoo.
18th April 2011, 2:16 PM

Yes, I'm sure Nintendo only thought about graphics when deciding to remake R/B. Not about that thing that's used a lot called money. Why would they care about that?

Eoneo
18th April 2011, 3:42 PM
ok if they do rmk 3rd gen then ur telling me they will do it with 4th, 5th and so on as long as its still popular? seems like a path to destruction to me. And ofcourse i knew that its all about making money, why its called a BUSINESS. But I just dont think it is relavant to the current gen to rmk gen 3.

Also i forgot to mention that gen 1 and 3 take place at the same time while gen 2 and 4 take place 3 years later. Gen 5 however takes place X years after 2 and 4. so how do u link gen 3 to 5? can someone explain that?

Valoo.
18th April 2011, 3:48 PM
ok if they do rmk 3rd gen then ur telling me they will do it with 4th, 5th and so on as long as its still popular? seems like a path to destruction to me. And ofcourse i knew that its all about making money, why its called a BUSINESS. But I just dont think it is relavant to the current gen to rmk gen 3.

Also i forgot to mention that gen 1 and 3 take place at the same time while gen 2 and 4 take place 3 years later. Gen 5 however takes place X years after 2 and 4. so how do u link gen 3 to 5? can someone explain that?
Again, Nintendo don't care. It's about making money.

Blackjack the Titan
18th April 2011, 3:53 PM
I'm waiting for R/S remakes. I haven't been able to really focus on Hoenn topics.
Plus, the Hoenn Pokémon are the best.

kuyoyo
18th April 2011, 4:21 PM

There is always the possiablilty of set the remakes at the same time or just after the events of BW, with a revived version of Team Magma/Aqua tried to revived Groudon/Kyrogue to try and expand Hoenn's landmass/seas, maybe led by Maxie's/Archie's Sons or Daughters (or one of each). Of course, would mean two new Player Characters but Brendan/May/Wally could appear later as strong trainers. There's nothing stopping them remaking RS. And I hope they do.

BCVM22
18th April 2011, 5:14 PM
seems like a path to destruction to me.

Which is why the business decisions in such matters don't fall to you. Or to any of us, in the interest of equality.

But I just dont think it is relavant to the current gen to rmk gen 3

Putting aside the fact that what you or any of us find "relavant" [sic] is of no particular importance, do tell, what exactly would make it "relavant"?

can someone explain that?

Absolutely. You're playing a franchise that has never once given more than a cursory thought to continuity or canon and has always and will always put the priority on gameplay (and rightfully so) over such largely meaningless story elements if there's ever any conflict.

There's your explanation. Airtight, ironclad.

Blackjack the Titan
18th April 2011, 5:49 PM
Hopefully the gym leader sprites "move" before sending out their first pokemon. (That goes for Grey and the R/S remakes.)

Silent Conversation
18th April 2011, 10:20 PM
Hopefully the gym leader sprites "move" before sending out their first pokemon. (That goes for Grey and the R/S remakes.)

They'll probably do it for both. Remakes are just to show off new graphics, and the third game always has more animations than the first two.

LexSuicune
18th April 2011, 11:10 PM
Do you guys expect a new scenery on the third game, like we got the Alt. Dimension in Platinum?

Silent Conversation
18th April 2011, 11:11 PM
Do you guys expect a new scenery on the third game, like we got the Alt. Dimension in Platinum?

I don't. Personally, I don't see how they'll incorporate a whole new area into the main plot. I understand Giratina being the ruler of the dimensions at all, but what ability does Kyurem possess that could potentially lead to it opening a new area?

Blackjack the Titan
19th April 2011, 12:50 AM

Remember how when we arrived at that hole in the Giant Chasm, the landscape turned into a snowy wasteland?
Hopefully, GameFreak will expand on that.
I'd like to see an ice-sliding puzzle that goes on to reach the new forme of Kyurem.

Grei
19th April 2011, 1:34 AM
Remakes are just to show off new graphics,

Not quite, though that is one thing that remakes do.

and the third game always has more animations than the first two.

I don't think we can really say it always does... since, as far as trainer animations go, we've only gotten trainer animations in the 3rd game once.

Though if you mean animations in general, I agree. Crystal, Emerald, and Platinum all added more animations than the original pair did.

Blackjack the Titan
19th April 2011, 7:53 PM
I'd also like to see continuously moving GL and E4 sprites like how the Pokemon animations move in the game.

Toge Tamer
19th April 2011, 8:14 PM
I'd also like to see continuously moving GL and E4 sprites like how the Pokemon animations move in the game.
You barely even see their sprite whilst battling, so I don't think this'll happen.

Something~Kinda~Ooooh
19th April 2011, 8:36 PM
I would LOVE a Hoenn remake. If they do a 3rd version of the Unova games I wonder what 'Grey' Version would have in place of Black and White City/Forest.

Silent Conversation
19th April 2011, 8:51 PM
I would LOVE a Hoenn remake. If they do a 3rd version of the Unova games I wonder what 'Grey' Version would have in place of Black and White City/Forest.

Grey Suburb maybe?

LexSuicune
19th April 2011, 8:55 PM

I actually haven't played the games, hence why I asked if there's room for develoment in the storyline for a new scenery.

GrayLugia
20th April 2011, 12:02 PM
I need someone to hold 7 Pokemon for me, I have these seven but I need someone to hold them so i may create a new save game, I traded my Servine and am trying to complete the Pokedex if anyone can help I would be very thankful the following Pokemon are needed to be held.
Zoroark Male level 64, Zoroark Female level 44, Zoroark Male level 41, Reshiram level 52, Victini level 30, Zorua Male level 20, and the final one that you may keep for yourself, any Zorua in egg out out of egg in the following natures Adamant, Lax, Naughty, Calm, Gentle, Rash,or Bashful.

The one you choose will have an item if hatched, and I have just about either gender for each nature, please notify me if the offer is accepted.

Name Zarulitta
Pokemon Black friend code 1936 0732 8888
If you accept the offer please do send me a message.

Zhanton
20th April 2011, 12:23 PM
You barely even see their sprite whilst battling, so I don't think this'll happen.

Plus, a continuously moving trainer sprite would look really awkward. What are they going to do, hop around on their feet? Fix their hair? Dance? And repeat?

Blazios
20th April 2011, 12:34 PM
Plus, a continuously moving trainer sprite would look really awkward. What are they going to do, hop around on their feet? Fix their hair? Dance? And repeat?

Could be like Palmer's sprite where his coat and hair still blows in the wind even at the end of the battle.

Zhanton
20th April 2011, 12:46 PM
Could be like Palmer's sprite where his coat and hair still blows in the wind even at the end of the battle.
But they can't do a 'hair blowing in the wind' or something like that for every single gym leader. Sure, they could do little things like Elesa's outfit flashing on and off with lights or something, or Skyla's headpiece twirling, really minor things, I suppose.

Zalbar
20th April 2011, 1:20 PM
Back tracking a little here to the hoenn remake discussion from earlier:
I Actually could see some slight expansions done to the region if/when they re-made the Hoenn saga.

Though I imagine, like Giratina in PLT, all of it would be cenetered on the native legendaries.
Groudon's lair on Sootopolis could easily be expanded into a much larger dungeon.
They could expand the layout of the underwater cave network where Team Aqua brought back Kyogre.

The Sky Pillar could be given more floor area and extra floors too.
Maybe replace the whole crumbling floor sections (for people who can't control the mach bike well enough to pass it) with a teleport or moving pad maze?

I expect the vast majority of it to remain pretty much the same geographically speaking with the obvious graphical improvements, though I would be extremely suprized if they DIDN'T find a way to expand on it.

FR & LG had the Sevii Isles added in.
HG/SS had an entire new area tossed onto the back half of the island with the fighting gym as well as the inclusion of a working Safari Zone (the safari zone being closed in the original gen 2 versions).

In both sets of remakes released thus far there's been some effort to expand on the old regions represented, adding some completely new areas to explore.
I would hazard a guess that Game Freak has decided making geographical expansions is one of the core elements in creating the previous generation re-releases.

Poke_Mania97
20th April 2011, 1:36 PM
i want a R/S remake next, not grey

Zhanton
20th April 2011, 1:42 PM
i want a R/S remake next, not grey

Thanks for contributing to the discussion so much. I'm sure GameFreak will listen to your please and I can assure you they will make the remakes first if you continue to want them with all your heart. You just need to believe. Believe.

Poke_Mania97
20th April 2011, 1:52 PM
Thanks for contributing to the discussion so much. I'm sure GameFreak will listen to your please and I can assure you they will make the remakes first if you continue to want them with all your heart. You just need to believe. Believe.

Wow, no need to be sarcastic O.o All im saying is a R/S remake would be better because people have got used to BW now, and that a R/S Remake may bring more fans and will be different. I know for a fact HGSS brought fans because my cousins started with HGSS

Blackjack the Titan
20th April 2011, 1:53 PM
Grey Suburb. Hmm… sounds good.

Mr. pokedude
21st April 2011, 6:19 AM
Grey Suburb. Hmm… sounds good.

Hopefully it will be a mix of white forest and black city. Like all the trainers from back city and all the wild pokemon from white. Time to beg for some bucks for when this game comes out

BCVM22
21st April 2011, 6:28 AM
Time to beg for some bucks for when this game comes out

Assuming you're outside of Japan, you've got what likely amounts to a good two years to save up the $40 or international equivalent.

Silent Conversation
21st April 2011, 6:44 AM
Grey Suburb (and yes, I came up with that so I'm calling it that from now on) will probably just be the Black City conditions inside White Forest. It will be a fairly natural setting, but with a lot more houses and you'll be able to battle trainers. But, next to the houses will also be grass for you to catch wild Pokemon.

Personally, I feel that would work much better than putting Black City AND White Forest in one game (which wouldn't make sense, because geographically in Unova, they're supposed to be in the exact same spot, right?)

Grei
22nd April 2011, 2:52 AM
Grey Suburb (and yes, I came up with that so I'm calling it that from now on) will probably just be the Black City conditions inside White Forest. It will be a fairly natural setting, but with a lot more houses and you'll be able to battle trainers. But, next to the houses will also be grass for you to catch wild Pokemon.

Personally, I feel that would work much better than putting Black City AND White Forest in one game (which wouldn't make sense, because geographically in Unova, they're supposed to be in the exact same spot, right?)

The 3rd version doesn't have to coincide completely with Black and White. Platinum arguably happens a few minutes after DP would start, since you catch Rowan and Dawn on their way back from the lake in Platinum, while you bump into them as they are leaving the lake in DP. Also, Platinum has differences from DP geographically just as Emerald has differences from RS. If they wanted to, they could put both locations into Unova in Grey (likely side-by-side).

Silent Conversation
22nd April 2011, 4:04 AM
The 3rd version doesn't have to coincide completely with Black and White. Platinum arguably happens a few minutes after DP would start, since you catch Rowan and Dawn on their way back from the lake in Platinum, while you bump into them as they are leaving the lake in DP. Also, Platinum has differences from DP geographically just as Emerald has differences from RS. If they wanted to, they could put both locations into Unova in Grey (likely side-by-side).

Unless I'm forgetting a detail, Platinum and Emerald only changed area that were already there, they didn't add physical space to a region. No matter what, Unova is a certain size, and putting two areas in the spot of one while stil trying to keep them both the same size as they were in their original games would be enlarging Unova, which I don't imagine them doing.

BCVM22
22nd April 2011, 4:15 AM
No matter what, Unova is a certain size, and putting two areas in the spot of one while stil trying to keep them both the same size as they were in their original games would be enlarging Unova, which I don't imagine them doing.

Except that the area around White Forest/Black City is nothing but empty, inaccessible space.

http://www.serebii.net/pokearth/unova.png

White Forest/Black City is, of course, the blue dot east of Nimbasa City. It wouldn't disrupt anything for them to split the area north/south there, with the route giving you access to both.

And if such a modification really were a problem, then the obvious recourse would be for them to reconcile both areas into one location, either the gamer's choice (like Latios/Latias in Emerald) or a location with elements of both sides.

Silent Conversation
22nd April 2011, 4:40 AM
...or a location with elements of both sides.

Which brings us back to Grey Suburb :p

LexSuicune
22nd April 2011, 5:07 AM
I'm hoping they'll further develop the underwater ruins in the third games.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
22nd April 2011, 5:09 AM
I wonder what they'd do with Tornadus/Thundurus. Probably make you choose like with Lati@s in Emerald...

DBK
22nd April 2011, 5:12 AM
Which brings us back to Crimson Town :p

Fixed. :P

I do like the idea, though.

The Guy
23rd April 2011, 3:05 AM
Honestly, due to Kyurem's "broken" body shape, I imagine the version exclusive area to be "Gray Ruins." Plus, it goes along with Reshiram being white and natural looking, thus, White Forest, same with Zekrom, but it's black and artificial looking, thus, Black City. Not the best logic, but it's better than nothing.

Chaos Rush
23rd April 2011, 4:04 AM
Honestly, due to Kyurem's "broken" body shape, I imagine the version exclusive area to be "Gray Ruins." Plus, it goes along with Reshiram being white and natural looking, thus, White Forest, same with Zekrom, but it's black and artificial looking, thus, Black City. Not the best logic, but it's better than nothing.

Except its speculated that Kyurem will receive a new non-deformed looking forme in Unova3.

lol "Gray Perfection"?

Ltrainer
23rd April 2011, 6:50 AM
Not sure if this was posted but there's a new Pokemon game that will be coming out soon!

http://pokemonblackandwhite.net/?p=4532

More information will be revealed in May.

Grei
23rd April 2011, 6:57 AM
Not sure if this was posted but there's a new Pokemon game that will be coming out soon!

http://pokemonblackandwhite.net/?p=4532

More information will be revealed in May.

I'm thinking it may be something like Ranger 4. Seeing SunRuby and Moon/StormSapphire or Grey/Crimson/Brown announced would be great, but I think it's still too early.

Mario with Lasers
23rd April 2011, 6:59 AM
I do not care, just give me my Contrary Serperior.

PLEASE

Maxim
23rd April 2011, 7:15 AM
I'm thinking it may be something like Ranger 4. Seeing SunRuby and Moon/StormSapphire or Grey/Crimson/Brown announced would be great, but I think it's still too early.

The RSEmakes arent' going anytime soon because
Magma = earthquakes
Aqua = tsunami

Well, while it's probably true that it's too early for a main series game, I hope that it won't be something crappy like that Typing DS or that it won't be a new Ranger/MD game (not saying those were bad but they were way too milked, we've got enough of them). Good spin-offs exist, we just haven't got any for a while.

I really want a decent spinoff game, not gimmicky and with both Pokemon and decent human characters (I'm tired of Pokemon-only spinoffs for now).

BCVM22
23rd April 2011, 7:20 AM
Good spin-offs exist, we just haven't got any for a while.

You just dismissed the two longest-running and most prolific of those spin-off series on the arbitrary basis of "we have enough of them", sooooo... I dunno, you tell me, what are these "good spinoffs" that we "just haven't got any for a while" if the PMDs and the Rangers aren't them?

Grei
23rd April 2011, 7:25 AM
The RSEmakes arent' going anytime soon because
Magma = earthquakes
Aqua = tsunami

I really, really hope you aren't being serious.

R_N
23rd April 2011, 7:37 AM
I'm going to hedge my bets on it being PBR2 or whatever they want to call the the next console battler.

SHADOW POKEMON GAME 3 BELIEVE

BCVM22
23rd April 2011, 7:41 AM
I'm going to hedge my bets on it being PBR2 or whatever they want to call the the next console battler.

I don't think that's a bad guess at all. It would put another title guaranteed to sell reasonably well on the Wii's release list as it heads into its final year (or less) of life.