PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Black and White General Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16

Zhanton
23rd April 2011, 9:11 AM
I'm going to hedge my bets on it being PBR2 or whatever they want to call the the next console battler.

SHADOW POKEMON GAME 3 BELIEVE

This.

And if it had renting capabilities, a la Stadium and Stadium 2 for the N64, I'll be extremely happy :] I've always liked using Rental Pokemon against friends and my brother :P

Poke_Mania97
23rd April 2011, 10:22 AM
If that picture is a screenshot, then its obviously Grey! I want R/S Remake!

Will-powered Spriter
23rd April 2011, 10:36 AM
If that picture is a screenshot, then its obviously Grey! I want R/S Remake!

They're not going to announce grey yet and that's a screen shot from BW.

Oshakpop
23rd April 2011, 10:54 AM
We can't assume it's not Grey or RS remakes. They've said there speeding up the shows progress, there is nothing unlikely, although the chances of the two are slim. Here are our possibilities

Grey/Crimson/Brown
Ruby/Sapphire Remakes
Mystery Dungeon
Ranger
Wii Game
Completely new kind of spinoff game.

Obviously I'd want the first two.. but tbh, I wouldn't mind another Myster Dungeon. Just not ranger please.

BCVM22
23rd April 2011, 11:04 AM
We can't assume it's not Grey or RS remakes.

Sure we can. The time frames they've established in the last two generations and particularly the last generation don't make it particularly logical that we'd be due for another core title already.

Of course, the thing about assuming is that we may be proven wrong in a month, however unlikely that outcome is, but that doesn't mean we can't take several years of history and precedent and assume based on that, does it?

They've said there speeding up the shows progress

What the show does has no bearing on anything else, and it's what the games do that influences the show.

This is all completely academic anyway. We'll know, or at least have a much clearer idea, in a month.

Super Pichu Chan
23rd April 2011, 11:06 AM
Hmm, I thought we got a new Ranger game fairly recently? Or am I remembering wrong?

I'm thinking it's likely going to be a Wii game, but I guess we won't know for sure for a little while.

BCVM22
23rd April 2011, 11:10 AM
Hmm, I thought we got a new Ranger game fairly recently? Or am I remembering wrong?

The last Ranger title released about fourteen months ago in Japan (and the last handheld PMD about a year before that, for the record). Recently as video game releases go, certainly, but keep in mind that Nintendo has launched a new handheld since then that certainly wouldn't be hurt by having one of their name franchises on it sooner rather than later.

CaptainCombusken
23rd April 2011, 11:13 AM
I'd like it to be the new Mystery Dungeon, or the PBR2 or whatever it's called.

Either would be fantastic, Mystery Dungeon is my favourite game ever made, and Collosseum was also bloody good. Mix the intricate storyline of Collosseum with PBR graphics and you'll get a great game.

Oshakpop
23rd April 2011, 11:15 AM
If it is a 3DS game, it will just remind me I have to go buy a 3DS still >.<

Also.. isn't it possible we will get something in CoroCoro which is officially out on is it May 15th? But obviously it will leak before then?

CaptainCombusken
23rd April 2011, 12:59 PM
Someone give me a random Fire type starter please? Can be any apart from Tepig.

But yeah. Super excited about the new game, whatever it is.

W.T.
23rd April 2011, 3:01 PM
I'm hoping it's another Wii battling title. "Battling title" does include the ones with storylines, right?

Blackjack the Titan
23rd April 2011, 4:36 PM
Pokemon Battle Revolution:
Reloaded

This is what I wanna see.
Plus, Grey Suburb, hypothesized by Sinnoh Champion, may look like a dull looking neighborhood with different battle styles in every house. Ace Trainers are scattered everywhere, giving you different berries after battling them.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon:
Explorers of Storm

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon:
Explorers of Inferno

These would be good Dungeon game names.
Please quote to speculate different name.

CaptainCombusken
23rd April 2011, 4:44 PM
Pokemon Battle Revolution:
Reloaded

This is what I wanna see.
Plus, Grey Suburb, hypothesized by Sinnoh Champion, may look like a dull looking neighborhood with different battle styles in every house. Ace Trainers are scattered everywhere, giving you different berries after battling them.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon:
Explorers of Storm

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon:
Explorers of Inferno

These would be good Dungeon game names.
Please quote to speculate different name.
I doubt that would be the game name. We don't know the plot of the game, we don't know anything about it other than it's a speculated Wii title that continues the line of 3D games like Stadium, Stadium 2, Collosseum, XD and PBR, and that it will have a plot and have PBR's graphics. That's all we know. I want to hear some more before guessing the title name (mind you, we'll probably get the title before we get the further detail, lol.)

No, you can't have more "Explorers of..." as the first games were "... Rescue team", and the current ones are already "Explorers of...". personally, I'd like to see:

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Fighters for Justice
and
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Battlers for Peace

And basically, you can have three save files. There are three possible guilds, one of which is Wigglytuff's in Treasure town, one of which is run by Team Charm's Gardevoir and is located in the town where the first games took place.
And a new one called the Scrafty guild, run by a Scrafty, that is in a totally new town.

And basically an organisation of evil, so basically a pure evil "guild" is created. You have to stop them form doing harm and, in the end of the game, team up with the other guild sin the game to do so.

Would.Love.This.

Oh, and please ignore my question in the last post.

Oshakpop
23rd April 2011, 4:49 PM
OK. I officially want it to be a Mystery Dungeon game :L

Maxim
23rd April 2011, 4:49 PM
You just dismissed the two longest-running and most prolific of those spin-off series on the arbitrary basis of "we have enough of them", sooooo... I dunno, you tell me, what are these "good spinoffs" that we "just haven't got any for a while" if the PMDs and the Rangers aren't them?

PMDs and Rangers are okay, they should just be given a rest.

And the "good spinoffs that we haven't got for a while" are mostly old stuff like Puzzle Series, Pinballs, Stadium/Colo/XD (but not PBR), Snap and TCG. Enough?

Really, all Generation IV spinoffs we got (other than Rangers and MD Dark/Time [and maybe also Sky, but not those WiiWare titles which were pure milking]) are either pure shovelware (PokePark Wii, though that's more of a failed [and forced] concept than pure shovelware. If you want a definition of shovelware - there's Dash) or promising but simply failed games (PBR).

This is of course just my opinion but it must be admitted that the quality of spinoffs has *changed* after Generation II (or rather, in the middle of Gen III). To me it got worse, as the new spinoffs mostly lack plot, good characters (also, too many Pokemon-only games) and are somehow less fun (take Snap as a counterexample. It had no plot but it was really fun).

I really, really hope you aren't being serious.

Sorry but I am.

What Magma/Aqua wanted to do was cause a big natural disaster. That's exactly the thing that Japan is banning in this moment. This includes both television and video games. Many games were cancelled because of earthquake (like Disaster Report 4), some were even almost complete. And since potential RSEmakes would certainly include natural disasters (as the originals did), I don't see them coming until Japan refreshes mentally from the calamity.

CaptainCombusken
23rd April 2011, 4:55 PM
This is of course just my opinion but it must be admitted that the quality of spinoffs has *changed* after Generation II (or rather, in the middle of Gen III). To me it got worse, as the new spinoffs mostly lack plot, good characters (also, too many Pokemon-only games) and are somehow less fun (take Snap as a counterexample. It had no plot but it was really fun).

I agree with you on the fact that RSE remakes won't come out for a while.

But there is NO way, NO way at ALL, that you can say that PMD lacks a good plot and Good characters. To me, those games are basically the best in the whole series, purely because there are no trainers in it, your character actually has a voice (even if it is only when he's thinking about something). And yes, they are a LITTLE clichéd the characters in PMD, and I agree that PMD1 was slightly dull, but seriously? Grovyle lacks personality? Dusknoir is emotionless? Chatot isn't a good character?

If you believe the three questions above, then I honestly do not know what is wrong with you, but there must be something.

ForeverFlame
23rd April 2011, 5:57 PM
I really do hope it`s a Wii RPG. I`m tired of PMD and Ranger, and Battle Revolution completely turned me off of any future Stadium-like games.

If it`s for the 3DS, I hope it`s a RS remake. Or at least a brand-new spin-off that isn`t about typing or making a theme park.

Chaos Rush
23rd April 2011, 6:20 PM
Okay, so I know that there was a two year gap between D/P and Platinum, but they've been working there asses off since, since we got a new main series game each year:

(Japanese release dates):
2008 - Platinum
2009 - HeartGold/SoulSilver
2010 - Black/White

Now because Platinum had a two year break between D/P, it's possible that the new game isn't a main series one, but they did come up with Black/White only a year after HeartGold/SoulSilver, not to mention that's three years in a row that they came up with a main series game. If they are keeping up this pace, then I speculate that we're probably getting R/S remakes for the 3DS.

But because Gen V just started and all, I would not be surprised if it's just some random spinoff game.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
23rd April 2011, 6:35 PM
I actually think it's a mystery dungeon 3. I remember, shortly after Diamond and Pearl came out (about now), they said a new game would be announced and it ended up being mystery dungeon 2.

I love mystery dungeon and all but I hope they don't make the third one so damn frustrating as the second one was

rocky505
23rd April 2011, 7:15 PM
Sorry but I am.

What Magma/Aqua wanted to do was cause a big natural disaster. That's exactly the thing that Japan is banning in this moment. This includes both television and video games. Many games were cancelled because of earthquake (like Disaster Report 4), some were even almost complete. And since potential RSEmakes would certainly include natural disasters (as the originals did), I don't see them coming until Japan refreshes mentally from the calamity. RSE had nothing to do with earthquakes it was massive sunlight and massive rain which would either dry up the ocean or cover all land with the ocean. Nothing about EQ's at all.

PokemonOwn
23rd April 2011, 7:20 PM
I hope that the RSE remakes are announced. They willbe awesome. It doesn't seem like a spin-off game, though.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
23rd April 2011, 7:26 PM
People people people, the RSE remakes won't be announced so soon. They'll probably only come out in 2013 or 2014

rocky505
23rd April 2011, 7:31 PM
People people people, the RSE remakes won't be announced so soon. They'll probably only come out in 2013 or 2014 That's what people said about BW. They said they would most likely come out in 2011 in Japan but they didn't. Besides this gen is moving a lot faster than the others. I know the chances of a main game are slim at the moment but the only spin off game I would like is a Pokemon Stadium type game with a Col/XD type story mode and a gym leader castle with the Hoenn/Sinnoh and Unova GLs and E4.

R_N
23rd April 2011, 7:34 PM
That's what people said about BW. They said they would most likely come out in 2011 in Japan but they didn't. Besides this gen is moving a lot faster than the others. I know the chances of a main game are slim at the moment but the only spin off game I would like is a Pokemon Stadium type game with a Col/XD type story mode and a gym leader castle with the Hoenn/Sinnoh and Unova GLs and E4.

How is this gen moving faster? At all?

Shoot, if the event legends are anything to go by it should be moving slower

Endoplasmic Reticulum
23rd April 2011, 7:38 PM
That's what people said about BW. They said they would most likely come out in 2011 in Japan but they didn't. Besides this gen is moving a lot faster than the others. I know the chances of a main game are slim at the moment but the only spin off game I would like is a Pokemon Stadium type game with a Col/XD type story mode and a gym leader castle with the Hoenn/Sinnoh and Unova GLs and E4.

As snowyarticuno said, it's moving at the exact same pace!

And plenty of people would like another mystery dungeon game (me included), an XD sequel (doubtful), or a completely new spinoff idea

ArchedThunder
23rd April 2011, 7:42 PM
The anime is moving faster than ever before, with the exception of the original series. That is one thing that points that this Gen may be short. Also the fact that they are throwing BOTH version legendaries into the first movie, both in the staring role.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
23rd April 2011, 7:43 PM
The anime is moving faster than ever before, with the exception of the original series. That is one thing that points that this Gen may be short. Also the fact that they are throwing BOTH version legendaries into the first movie, both in the staring role.

You may have a point that the gen may go by quickly. But if that was the case, I don't think they'd do a RSE remake

Shneak
23rd April 2011, 7:48 PM
Wasn't there a rumor awhile ago that said a new Pokemon Wii game was coming? It was a sequel to XD and it was also a PBR-style game. That would be perfect.

I don't want Gray/RS remakes to be announced yet. I've barely just beaten White.

ArchedThunder
23rd April 2011, 7:48 PM
You may have a point that the gen may go by quickly. But if that was the case, I don't think they'd do a RSE remake

Ya never know, it's best to not make assumptions of GameFreak, they've surprised us before.

ArchedThunder
23rd April 2011, 7:50 PM
Wasn't there a rumor awhile ago that said a new Pokemon Wii game was coming? It was a sequel to XD and it was also a PBR-style game. That would be perfect.

I don't want Gray/RS remakes to be announced yet. I've barely just beaten White.

We know for a fact they are developing a Wii game, how ever it maybe have been moved to the Wii successor (if it exists.)

Endoplasmic Reticulum
23rd April 2011, 7:51 PM

Yeah same, especially gray. I'd be really mad if I found out that spending $40 on black was for nothing if I waited a year to get an enhanced game.

Ya never know, it's best to not make assumptions of GameFreak, they've surprised us before.
Have they? I've never really been surprised by them. The only thing that kinda shocked me was the FR/LG remakes

#1treeckofan
23rd April 2011, 7:52 PM
i think theyll make a b/w mystery dungeon

rocky505
23rd April 2011, 7:53 PM
Have they? I've never really been surprised by them. The only thing that kinda shocked me was the FR/LG remakes

They shocked us with BW last year. Especially us in the USA who just got HGSS.

R_N
23rd April 2011, 7:54 PM
Okay, so I know that there was a two year gap between D/P and Platinum, but they've been working there asses off since, since we got a new main series game each year:

(Japanese release dates):
2008 - Platinum
2009 - HeartGold/SoulSilver
2010 - Black/White

Now because Platinum had a two year break between D/P, it's possible that the new game isn't a main series one, but they did come up with Black/White only a year after HeartGold/SoulSilver, not to mention that's three years in a row that they came up with a main series game. If they are keeping up this pace, then I speculate that we're probably getting R/S remakes for the 3DS.

But because Gen V just started and all, I would not be surprised if it's just some random spinoff game.

BW didn't just "come up....only a year after", they've been working on it for ages. All the titles had.
And considering the games just came out, and how they've been touting the NEW POKEMON ALL NEW NEW FOREVER and freshness, it would be weird to suddenly just plop out the third version without giving any "breathing" room. To make no mention that you would think they'd want to develop on 3DS and put considerable amount of time into it.

For reference, Let's turn back the clocks to good old Generation 3
2002 - RS
2004 - FRLG
2004 - Emerald

So at one point they put out two main line (well, if you want to be technicaly 3 but whatever) within the same YEAR. But they still gave RS & FRLGE some breathing room. But more to the point, was that DP didn't come out until 2006, despite being announced in, what, 2004? 2003?
They clearly took their time to get used to the new hardware. So why "rush" out a new pair/third game so soon in an attempt to make the series yearly when they could probably "wait" a year to get more of their bearings so to speak.
For reference, there was also a two year gap between Crystal on the GBC and RS on the more powerful GBA.

I will say this, if it is a 3DS mainline game (which you would think would be hyped up more than "Hey we're announcing something new next month check it"), it will probably be Grey since they could use BW as the base far more easily than creating new stuff up for RS which would go with a "rush" to get it out.

Did that make sense? I think I started rambling into nonsense there.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
23rd April 2011, 7:56 PM
They shocked us with BW last year. Especially us in the USA who just got HGSS.
Meh, I wasn't really shocked. The fact they were doing another movie in the anime without any more Pokemon to focus on gave that away. And anyway, the reason why it's seeming quicker is now Nintendo doesn't announce their games 2 years in advanced, they only do so when it is almost ready to come out.

Silent Conversation
24th April 2011, 5:45 AM
i think theyll make a b/w mystery dungeon

Ya, they probably will. The Mystery Dungeon series is doing fairly well, and they made new ones after 4th gen, so I see them doing the same for 5th gen.

(At least I hope so, because I really like the MD series)

DaManOFTo
24th April 2011, 6:00 AM
I can't wait for the Genosect event!

Silent Conversation
24th April 2011, 6:15 AM

I could be wrong, but I don't think there's an actual in-game event that happens. I think it's just a giveaway - as in, over Wifi you'll just be able to receive a Genesect.

Like I said, I could be wrong, though.

BCVM22
24th April 2011, 6:44 AM

Genesect.

I could be wrong, but I don't think there's an actual in-game event that happens.

There is. Take your event Genesect to the P2 Laboratory (filled with equipment but suspiciously empty when you first went there) and you'll encounter a Team Plasma scientist. He'll explain that Genesect was an experiment of theirs, an effort to resurrect an ancient insect predator Pokémon and enhance it with armor and a cannon weapon. However, N got word of the project and had it shut down - he felt it conflicted terribly with his views of "nature" and all that, that an artificially-enhanced Pokémon was no longer "pure".

The scientist, understandably, is still a bit miffed. He'll battle you - defeat him and he'll give you two of the drives that change the type of Techno Blast. Burn and Shock in Black, Douse and Chill in White.

Oshakpop
24th April 2011, 10:36 AM
Right. This is the order and years main series games were released (I'll go by JP dates)

Early 1996 - Red & Green
Late 1996 - Blue
Late 1999 - Gold & Silver
Late 2000 - Crystal
Late 2002 - Ruby & Sapphire
Early 2004 - FireRed/LeafGreen
Late 2004 - Emerald
Late 2006 - Diamond & Pearl
Late 2008 - Platinum
Late 2009 - HeartGold & SoulSilver
Late 2010 - Black & White

I'm gonna go from the III gen to the latest. RS, then skip year, but early release of next game (remakes). Later that year, Emerald. DP 2 years later, then year gap. Platinum, year later, HGSS, year later BW. So.. this is the likeliest way it's gonna go.

2010 - Black and White
2011 - spin-off game
2012 - RS Remakes/Grey
2013 - Grey/RS Remakes
2014 - GENERATION VI

Therefore, I beleive it's gonna either be a Wii Game or Mystery Dungeon. After all, the anime might be going quick, but that could change. They might not have expected BW to be such a success, so aslong as they are making money from it.. there gonna keep the saga going.

Zhanton
24th April 2011, 10:41 AM
And with the whole "the anime is fast-paced so the games must also be fast paced" argument, anime =/= games it's the games that influence the anime, not the other way around. If the anime is going fast, cool, but the game's can be as 'slow paced' in terms of release as you like. It doesn't make much sense to claim that just because the anime is cruising by, Grey and/or the likely RS Remakes will arrive this year.

SasakiThePikachu
24th April 2011, 12:59 PM
And with the whole "the anime is fast-paced so the games must also be fast paced" argument, anime =/= games it's the games that influence the anime, not the other way around. If the anime is going fast, cool, but the game's can be as 'slow paced' in terms of release as you like. It doesn't make much sense to claim that just because the anime is cruising by, Grey and/or the likely RS Remakes will arrive this year.

^ This.

Kinda wish they would be released this year though. I'm greedy.

R_N
24th April 2011, 7:32 PM
Especially since, faster-paced or not, assuming it gets at least 85 episodes, it wouldn't "end" until next year which going by the "FASTER PACED==FASTER GAME RELEASE" would imply that we will get all the remaining games within a year.
edit: Getting away from that silly logic, it would further disprove RS remakes this year because the gang would still be in Unova doing Unovan things for months after the release before they could even think of a filler arc to help promote it.

LexSuicune
24th April 2011, 10:07 PM
I can only hope if there's a remake being prepared it brings a complete overhaul to Hoenn because it was really lacking IMO.

Blackjack the Titan
25th April 2011, 4:46 AM
I saw that pic of the pomemon games in a magazine. This pic was recent and the guy that posted it said the mag was gonna reveal the release dates. Did he also post when the issue would be published?

Chairman
25th April 2011, 6:40 AM
This is a bit off topic about what was being talked about, but is grey going to be released on the 3ds? Wouldn't that ruin the continuity of this particular gen (just for b/w) because your releasing the remake of a semi recent game on a different console? Also when the RS remakes come out, do you guys think it will be for the 3ds?

It kind of would make sense to use the new hardware though, since they are new games

BCVM22
25th April 2011, 6:46 AM
This is a bit off topic about what was being talked about, but is grey going to be released on the 3ds?

If one assumes a two-year gap between the first pair and the next core title after that (as we got in Generation IV, and as was the gap between Ruby/Sapphire and Emerald, Fire Red/Leaf Green between them notwithstanding), that puts the next core title as a fall 2012 release in Japan.

The 3DS released in Japan two months ago now. It is Nintendo's future at the handheld pillar - the DS family is dying, if not largely dead already. Nintendo has moved their key franchises to the 3DS already - Ocarina of Time 3D is set to release in June and they want Super Mario 3DS out by year's end.

Nintendo has nothing to gain now, in the present day, by putting out a tentpole release for hardware that is defunct now, and that's certainly not going to change any in the next seventeen months.

You can draw your conclusions from this, I think - there's no logic to suggest that the next core title will be a DS title, and the very best that people dead-set against upgrading can hope for is some sort of dual-compatible title, optimized in all facets for the 3DS but playable on a DS unit. If such dual compatibility is even possible, of course.

Wouldn't that ruin the continuity of this particular gen (just for b/w) because your releasing the remake of a semi recent game on a different console?

The 3DS and previous DS units are completely capable of interacting wirelessly and there's nothing so far to indicate that they couldn't make a 3DS-exclusive core title and Black/White perfectly able to communicate in that fashion if they so desired.

Also when the RS remakes come out, do you guys think it will be for the 3ds?

See first answer.

Chairman
25th April 2011, 10:44 AM
The 3DS and previous DS units are completely capable of interacting wirelessly and there's nothing so far to indicate that they couldn't make a 3DS-exclusive core title and Black/White perfectly able to communicate in that fashion if they so desired.

I think my question came out a bit wrong. I know the 3ds can connect with other ds's, but since grey(?) and b/w are essentially the same game they would maybe release it on standard ds;s.

I do like the cross platform idea that you said, i dont see it happening though, because the 3ds is already struggling and grey and RS remakes would give it a good boost.

BCVM22
25th April 2011, 11:17 AM
because the 3ds is already struggling

It's not, though. It's sold a million units already, and that's without a great launch lineup and with Japan having been hit by a catastrophic disaster two weeks after the launch (the sort of thing that can depress electronics sales a little bit, you might imagine).

Not that everything else isn't accurate and we don't agree for the most part, just that the 3DS isn't struggling.

SasakiThePikachu
25th April 2011, 12:54 PM
Agreed, Chairman. I also don't see them splitting up the trio by releasing the 3rd game on a new platform...even if it could still communicate with B/W, it's still essentially a new console. But who knows. Ninty very much like money, and thrusting the 3DS under all our noses is probably their best bet right now.

...before they could even think of a filler arc to help promote it.

Ssh. Don't give 'em ideas.

Silent Conversation
25th April 2011, 4:52 PM
I agree that Grey shouldn't be released on the 3DS, for the exact same reason as yours, Chairman - I believe a set of three games should all be released on the same system, as that's what makes it a set. On the other hand, I would love RS remakes to be on the 3DS, and would actually think it is quite fitting. One of the major roles a remake fulfills is improving graphics, and putting the remakes on the 3DS when the originals were on the GBA would definitely be an amazing improvement.

R_N
25th April 2011, 4:57 PM
Crystal was on the GBC, while GS were vanilla GB

I really don't think they care

DBK
25th April 2011, 5:25 PM
Crystal was on the GBC, while GS were vanilla GB

I really don't think they care

GBC/GB is like DSLite/DSiXL. Not really a new system, just an enhancement. The 3DS is an entirely new system (think GBC/GBA). Therefore I doubt the third game will be on the 3DS.

Not to mention, the game makers themselves said the the new 5th generation games were going to be on the DS (when I find the source, I'll post) and would be the last pokemon games on the DS.. Note that they said "5th Generation games", which would mean Black/White/Crimson.

So yeah, third game is going to be on the DS. Any games beyond that are definitely going to be 3DS titles.

KickAsh
25th April 2011, 5:25 PM
That's the thing. Nintendo DOESN'T care about continuity or anything like that. If the opportunity to make money arises, they are going to seize it without a second thought. They certainly won't be worrying about the fans and their continuity, that's for sure. And they have an opportunity to make money now--and that is the 3DS.

And, you have to project--in two years, who is going to still be playing a DS? Sure, I can't see into the future, but when Gray is (probably) released in two years, not many people are going to still be using the DS/DS Lite/DSi/DSi XL. They'd be playing off an old library of games, because no new titles would be released anymore. They'd be deprived of superior technology present in the 3DS. It would be all about the 3DS, and anyone still with a member of the DS family is a bit stuck.

SilverLugiaJ
25th April 2011, 5:39 PM
Well, I think Nintendo really needs to get it's act together. They have been practically tripping over themselves for the past few years. The 3DS has a lot of problems, and didn't come with very good games at the system's launch. Rumors of the Wii 2, also known as "Project Cafe" have been circulating, so hopefully Nintendo gets it together.

And I REALLY hope that they keep making Pokemon games for the regular Nintendo DS's, because I'm 13 and I don't have $250 for a Nintendo 3DS!

Orton155
25th April 2011, 5:51 PM
It is too early for a main game to be released in my opinion and that includes potential RS remakes. I would really like a wii game to be released as the last wii game for pokemon was pokepark and the last wii game which involves traditional battling was Battle dimension. A wii game would work well as a swan song for pokemon on the wii as the wii's successor has just recently been annouced.

DBK
25th April 2011, 6:00 PM
It is too early for a main game to be released in my opinion and that includes potential RS remakes. I would really like a wii game to be released as the last wii game for pokemon was pokepark and the last wii game which involves traditional battling was Battle dimension. A wii game would work well as a swan song for pokemon on the wii as the wii's successor has just recently been annouced.

Agreed with the remakes. However, for the core title, seeing as B/W came out last year in Japan, it would be about time for the third game (since we won't see it till next year).

I strongly believe that this new game they are going to announce will be for the Wii. We're long overdue.

Now if only they would update our versions of Pokemon Ranch.......... :P

Orton155
25th April 2011, 6:32 PM
Agreed with the remakes. However, for the core title, seeing as B/W came out last year in Japan, it would be about time for the third game (since we won't see it till next year).

I strongly believe that this new game they are going to announce will be for the Wii. We're long overdue.

Now if only they would update our versions of Pokemon Ranch.......... :P

I didn't realise HGSS was released only one year after platinum so maybe a remake is a possibility (like Gen III, FRLG was released before emerald). However, I would still like a Wii game because as you say:

We're long overdue.

BCVM22
25th April 2011, 8:41 PM
GBC/GB is like DSLite/DSiXL. Not really a new system, just an enhancement. The 3DS is an entirely new system (think GBC/GBA). Therefore I doubt the third game will be on the 3DS.

Absolutely not. The GBC was a separate and distinct system from the Game Boy.

Not to mention, the game makers themselves said the the new 5th generation games were going to be on the DS (when I find the source, I'll post) and would be the last pokemon games on the DS.. Note that they said "5th Generation games", which would mean Black/White/Crimson.

So yeah, third game is going to be on the DS. Any games beyond that are definitely going to be 3DS titles.

You've pulled every bit of this out of nowhere. Not only would they never hint at a future core title, much less what hardware it'll be on, but you're still missing the fact that the DS family is defunct now. And it isn't going to become less defunct as time goes on. They gain nothing by releasing a tentpole title next fall for dead hardware.

They have been practically tripping over themselves for the past few years.

Sure they have.

The 3DS has a lot of problems

Such as?

And I REALLY hope that they keep making Pokemon games for the regular Nintendo DS's, because I'm 13 and I don't have $250 for a Nintendo 3DS!

And that's entirely what we call a personal factor. Are you suggesting they actually tailor their software releases for the 3DS around waiting until you decide to buy one?

SasakiThePikachu
25th April 2011, 8:57 PM
When you guys say a new wii game, are we talking like Stadium/Collosseum for the 5th gen? Because that, right there, will ensure that I go out and rob a bank to have enough cash to buy a Wii. Seeing my Hydreigon in glorious 3d *drools*

I know Ninty don't care much for continuity, but I have to admit...I would find it slightly wierd if the first ever Pokemon (core) titles for the 3DS were the RSE remakes. I don't think that's ever happened before, has it? Usually the first titles out on a new platform are the dual core titles of a new gen, so in this case it really should have been...well...Black and White.

To stay on topic, I'm hoping for news on event pokes this summer, even if it's just in Japan. At this point I'll settle even for Sugimori art of Meloetta. Come on GF, stop dragging your heels!

srullic
25th April 2011, 9:39 PM
Why is the DS defunct? Not that I don't believe it is, I just want to hear the reasoning.
And I'm definetely not buying a 3DS.

DBK
25th April 2011, 9:41 PM
1) Absolutely not. The GBC was a separate and distinct system from the Game Boy.

2) You've pulled every bit of this out of nowhere. Not only would they never hint at a future core title, much less what hardware it'll be on, but you're still missing the fact that the DS family is defunct now. And it isn't going to become less defunct as time goes on. They gain nothing by releasing a tentpole title next fall for dead hardware.

3) And that's entirely what we call a personal factor. Are you suggesting they actually tailor their software releases for the 3DS around waiting until you decide to buy one?

Ah, BCVM22. I've missed you.

1) The graphics weren't better, and no other features (other than color) were introduced. Other than the one being a little more portable, they were the same system. The GBA on the other hand, was definitely separate and distinct. By your logic, does that mean that the GB Pocket was a whole separate system, too?

2) Actually, there is proof that they did indeed say that. And I explicitly remember them saying that they wanted to fully utilize the capabilities of the DS before moving on. Once I remember where I saw it I will post it (still looking). They may have been just talking about B/W at the time, but considering they said "5th generation games" instead of specifically saying B/W, it is safe to assume they meant all three games.

I missed your bias toward new technology. Just because the 3DS is now out doesn't mean that the DS is automatically defunct. In fact, it's still going strong (thanks to the DSi and DSiXL). When the 3DS becomes as mainstream as the DS (and as stable) and it's library exceeds that of the DS, then the DS can be considered defunct and dying. Just because you have to have the latest and greatest, doesn't mean everybody does. I would give the DS at least another year before it can truly be considered defunct.

3) Didn't miss that attitude though.

edit: Here (http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/25538). It's not the interview I read (which I'm still looking for) but it does give you a nice summary.

KickAsh
25th April 2011, 10:12 PM
I would give the DS at least another year before it can truly be considered defunct.

Ok, but Gray will probably be released in 2 years, if we can guess off of past release dates. (Emerald was released two years after Ruby/Sapphire, Platinum two years after D/P.) It's a fair point the DS isn't quite defunct yet or might not be in a year's time, but in two years it will almost assuredly be dead.

The 3DS has been a roaring success, selling 3.61 million units since its release in February. Can you imagine what that number will be in 2 years time? Nintendo will be thrilled at their success, and they will have little incentive to release Gray for the DS family.

DBK
25th April 2011, 10:30 PM
Ok, but Gray will probably be released in 2 years, if we can guess off of past release dates. (Emerald was released two years after Ruby/Sapphire, Platinum two years after D/P.) It's a fair point the DS isn't quite defunct yet or might not be in a year's time, but in two years it will almost assuredly be dead.

The 3DS has been a roaring success, selling 3.61 million units since its release in February. Can you imagine what that number will be in 2 years time? Nintendo will be thrilled at their success, and they will have little incentive to release Gray for the DS family.

If the game is indeed released in two years, then I can agree with that (although it's getting close to a year already in Japan). But considering that B/W is on the DS, the massive amounts that have sold (considering they're on the DS), and their stance on accessibility to the core titles, it is safe to assume that there is a high possibility (and a decent probability) that they will release the third game sooner to finish their development on the DS before developing on the 3DS (as far as core titles are concerned). They are somewhat conservative when it comes to new systems.

R_N
25th April 2011, 11:13 PM
Why is the DS defunct? Not that I don't believe it is, I just want to hear the reasoning.
And I'm definetely not buying a 3DS.

3DS is the next successor to the DS (not just an upgrade like the Lite or DSi). The DS isn't completely dead, at least not for another year (maybe a smidge more?), as there's obviously still developers developing for it that need to get games out and so on; like how the GBA was still around for a bit after the DS came out.

KickAsh
25th April 2011, 11:18 PM
If the game is indeed released in two years, then I can agree with that (although it's getting close to a year already in Japan). But considering that B/W is on the DS, the massive amounts that have sold (considering they're on the DS), and their stance on accessibility to the core titles, it is safe to assume that there is a high possibility (and a decent probability) that they will release the third game sooner to finish their development on the DS before developing on the 3DS (as far as core titles are concerned).
It's possible they will release it earlier to wrap up the DS and move on to the 3DS, I suppose. But they have no reason to rush: B/W are still selling, and probably will be at least until the end of this year, and most likely longer than that. By rushing out Gray for the DS within this year or early next year, Nintendo will be limiting the sales of B/W, which is bad business.

It makes more sense for them to just wait the two years and release Gray on the 3DS. It maximizes the potential sales of both B/W and the 3DS: assuming Gray does come out in two years, it would be a mistake to release it on the DS. If it is released on the 3DS, Pokemon fans (a large market) will have renewed interest in the 3DS and might buy one, whereas if it was released for the DS, those with a DS system who are on the fence about buying a 3DS won't, as they'll assume that if Nintendo is still releasing games for the DS, there's no reason to buy the 3DS.

DBK
25th April 2011, 11:24 PM
It's possible they will release it earlier to wrap up the DS and move on to the 3DS, I suppose. But they have no reason to rush: B/W are still selling, and probably will be at least until the end of this year, and most likely longer than that. By rushing out Gray for the DS within this year or early next year, Nintendo will be limiting the sales of B/W, which is bad business.

It makes more sense for them to just wait the two years and release Crimson on the 3DS. It maximizes the potential sales of both B/W and the 3DS.

True enough. But for a series of core titles (within a generation) to span over two different systems is quite unusual (GB and GBC doesn't count since they are still the same system (in the same way the DS and DSi are)).

KickAsh
25th April 2011, 11:41 PM
True enough. But for a series of core titles (within a generation) to span over two different systems is quite unusual (GB and GBC doesn't count since they are still the same system (in the same way the DS and DSi are)).
It is unusual. We can't know for sure--I'm just guessing based on facts and assumptions. We'll have to wait and see what Nintendo does, and whatever the outcome is, it will definitely be interesting.

DBK
25th April 2011, 11:45 PM
It is unusual. We can't know for sure--I'm just guessing based on facts and assumptions. We'll have to wait and see what Nintendo does, and whatever the outcome is, it will definitely be interesting.

Agree. I guess all we can do is wait and see.

Oshakpop
26th April 2011, 12:08 AM
It's never happened before.. but is it not possible they will make the game available on the DS AND 3DS? To be honest, I think that would be best as they'd be selling to the new and old markets.

BCVM22
26th April 2011, 12:38 AM
Ah, BCVM22. I've missed you.

Nice to see you too.

1) The graphics weren't better, and no other features (other than color) were introduced.

Aside from being in color and aside from the GBC-exclusive Crystal doing things that the monochrome-compatible games couldn't, visually.

The GBA on the other hand, was definitely separate and distinct. By your logic, does that mean that the GB Pocket was a whole separate system, too?

No, because the Pocket was simply the same hardware with a slightly more capable monochrome display, in a smaller form factor. Not the same.

They may have been just talking about B/W at the time, but considering they said "5th generation games" instead of specifically saying B/W, it is safe to assume they meant all three games.

No, it's not "safe" to assume that at all. What part of anything they've ever done in this franchise makes you think they were giving away information on any games aside from the specific pair they were discussing?

Just because the 3DS is now out doesn't mean that the DS is automatically defunct. In fact, it's still going strong (thanks to the DSi and DSiXL).

Despite the fact that Nintendo has already moved their top two franchises to the 3DS.

I am not saying the DS family is dead right now, this second, kaput, blap, dead, donezo. I am saying that major software support for it will dwindle very rapidly and very soon, the only games you'll see for it are media tie-ins and the like. Ocarina of Time 3D and Super Mario 3D are not indications that Nintendo intends to continue supporting defunct hardware, are they?

Just because you have to have the latest and greatest, doesn't mean everybody does. I would give the DS at least another year before it can truly be considered defunct.

Again, as major software support goes, it's defunct now. I'll put it this way, even: if Nintendo has titles in its two biggest franchises already en route to the 3DS, what it is that says to you that in a year and a half, they're going to backtrack and put a core title from the third of their biggest franchises on hardware that will be seventeen months older then than it is now?

(GB and GBC doesn't count since they are still the same system

Again, no. No, they weren't. The GBC was more advanced hardware, if only slightly, and could do something the base Game Boy couldn't, which was display in color. Games were produced for the Color exclusively. In no way was it simply another extension of the original Game Boy like the Pocket was.

but is it not possible they will make the game available on the DS AND 3DS?

No. They have nothing to gain by continuing to support defunct hardware and they wouldn't dilute a key product like that by spreading it over two separate platforms. Bring up PMD Red/Blue if you want, but we both know that's a different situation entirely.

kaiser soze
26th April 2011, 1:19 AM
I agree that the DS isnt defunct today. but who knows about next year? it is defunct when looking into the future, as in with new games etc. it does take a while for new systems to catch on though. I wont get one until they make the inevitable second model with better battery life

DBK
26th April 2011, 2:14 AM
Nice to see you too.

1) Aside from being in color and aside from the GBC-exclusive Crystal doing things that the monochrome-compatible games couldn't, visually.

2) No, because the Pocket was simply the same hardware with a slightly more capable monochrome display, in a smaller form factor. Not the same.

3) No, it's not "safe" to assume that at all. What part of anything they've ever done in this franchise makes you think they were giving away information on any games aside from the specific pair they were discussing?

4) Despite the fact that Nintendo has already moved their top two franchises to the 3DS.

I am not saying the DS family is dead right now, this second, kaput, blap, dead, donezo. I am saying that major software support for it will dwindle very rapidly and very soon, the only games you'll see for it are media tie-ins and the like. Ocarina of Time 3D and Super Mario 3D are not indications that Nintendo intends to continue supporting defunct hardware, are they?

5) Again, as major software support goes, it's defunct now. I'll put it this way, even: if Nintendo has titles in its two biggest franchises already en route to the 3DS, what it is that says to you that in a year and a half, they're going to backtrack and put a core title from the third of their biggest franchises on hardware that will be seventeen months older then than it is now?

6) No. They have nothing to gain by continuing to support defunct hardware and they wouldn't dilute a key product like that by spreading it over two separate platforms. Bring up PMD Red/Blue if you want, but we both know that's a different situation entirely.

1) Hmmm...I guess you have a point there. However, the differences between the DS and the 3DS are more like the differences between the GB/GBC and the GBA. Since they didn't (and wouldn't) spread the one generation between the two then, it wouldn't make sense for them to do it now.

2) Good, at least we agree on something.

3) Considering their mentality in all of this (and the link summarizes that nicely) it actually would be safe to assume. Not that that guarantees anything, of course.

4) That I can agree with. Just wanted to make sure we were on the same page about that.

5) Again according their mentality, they want their games on systems that are significantly widespread so everyone can play it. If the number of 3DS owners surpasses that of the DS (all versions) in the next year, then, according to that mentality, the 3rd game would undoubtedly end up on the 3DS. If not, the game would end up on the DS. According to their mentality (and what they've said), accessibility is more important than advances in technology. Of course they are also in the business of making money, so again nothing is guaranteed.

6) They could give it exclusive 3DS features (like the DSi feature for B/W). Not completely impossible.

BCVM22
26th April 2011, 2:37 AM
1)However, the differences between the DS and the 3DS are more like the differences between the GB/GBC and the GBA. Since they didn't (and wouldn't) spread the one generation between the two then, it wouldn't make sense for them to do it now.

Problem with this is that you're painting Pokémon as the tail that wags the dog. It is a very big tail, to be sure, but that is not the case. Nintendo's hardware dictates what Game Freak does with Pokémon, not the other way around.

No generation of Pokémon straddled the divide between the Color and the Advance. We have such a divide now, and as far as time elapsed is concerned, we are already on the 3DS side of that divide.

3) Considering their mentality in all of this (and the link summarizes that nicely) it actually would be safe to assume. Not that that guarantees anything, of course.

And the problem with this is that you're making the mistake in logic that many of the people who cried about falling skies when someone's comments were mistranslated as "no third game". The mistake is to assume that they have any reason to, much less actually are, discussing future software, nothing they have no reason to do when their efforts right now are focused on selling the games they just released internationally six or seven weeks ago.

5) Again according their mentality, they want their games on systems that are significantly widespread so everyone can play it. If the number of 3DS owners surpasses that of the DS (all versions) in the next year, then, according to that mentality, the 3rd game would undoubtedly end up on the 3DS. If not, the game would end up on the DS. According to their mentality (and what they've said), accessibility is more important than advances in technology.

No, they want to make their money, which Pokémon is a lock to do. What you said is secondary, but not a problem in the first place.

You would agree that a Pokémon core title, even a third game, is about as much of a guarantee as there is to sell units in the millions, yes?

So what is it that makes more money for them? The profit from selling a game at $35 a pop for existing software? Or the profit from selling a game at $35-$40 a pop (whatever it is that 3DS titles cost) for new hardware AND the profit from selling that new hardware to the gamers that don't have it yet?

Of course they are also in the business of making money, so again nothing is guaranteed.

6) They could give it exclusive 3DS features (like the DSi feature for B/W). Not completely impossible.

This assumes that it's possible to make a game visually dual-compatible with the 3DS and its predecessors. The difference is far greater than simply displaying in monochrome or color and there's nothing that's even been said yet that such graphical dual-compatibility is possible.

R_N
26th April 2011, 3:19 AM
The GBC also had the little IR port, for the record.

DBK
26th April 2011, 3:26 AM
1) Problem with this is that you're painting Pokémon as the tail that wags the dog. It is a very big tail, to be sure, but that is not the case. Nintendo's hardware dictates what Game Freak does with Pokémon, not the other way around.

No generation of Pokémon straddled the divide between the Color and the Advance. We have such a divide now, and as far as time elapsed is concerned, we are already on the 3DS side of that divide.

2) And the problem with this is that you're making the mistake in logic that many of the people who cried about falling skies when someone's comments were mistranslated as "no third game". The mistake is to assume that they have any reason to, much less actually are, discussing future software, nothing they have no reason to do when their efforts right now are focused on selling the games they just released internationally six or seven weeks ago.

3) No, they want to make their money, which Pokémon is a lock to do. What you said is secondary, but not a problem in the first place.

You would agree that a Pokémon core title, even a third game, is about as much of a guarantee as there is to sell units in the millions, yes?

So what is it that makes more money for them? The profit from selling a game at $35 a pop for existing software? Or the profit from selling a game at $35-$40 a pop (whatever it is that 3DS titles cost) for new hardware AND the profit from selling that new hardware to the gamers that don't have it yet?

Of course they are also in the business of making money, so again nothing is guaranteed.

4) This assumes that it's possible to make a game visually dual-compatible with the 3DS and its predecessors. The difference is far greater than simply displaying in monochrome or color and there's nothing that's even been said yet that such graphical dual-compatibility is possible.

1) If what they said is accurate (although it feels more like corporate speak), then the hardware does dictate what gets done with pokemon, like you said, just not in the way you think. If there are still more people with DSs than 3DSs within the next year, wouldn't more money be made keeping it on the DS, since 3DS owners would still be able to play it, too? Thus making their goal of accessibility achieved? Yes they wouldn't be utilizing the advanced technology of the 3DS, but a significant amount of money would still be made, and it would keep them true to their word, for whatever that's worth.

2) I was attempting to refer to their supposed stance on accessibility, but agreed nonetheless.

3) True enough. I'll give you that one.

4) Doesn't mean it's impossible, just highly improbable.

Damn, I forgot how hard it was to debate with you. :)

BCVM22
26th April 2011, 3:52 AM
(although it feels more like corporate speak.)

And in acknowledging this, can we at least agree that the statements made in interviews and the like are generally PR speak more so than detailed reports on the future, and should not generally be taken as indicators of what the franchise has in store as far as future games and the hardware on which they'll appear?

DBK
26th April 2011, 4:24 AM
And in acknowledging this, can we at least agree that the statements made in interviews and the like are generally PR speak more so than detailed reports on the future, and should not generally be taken as indicators of what the franchise has in store as far as future games and the hardware on which they'll appear?

I can agree to that. I was just trying to connect the dots (although I think I may have pushed it a little). :)

Wouldn't the timing of the third game's release also be a factor? Basically, if it were to be released this year, wouldn't it most likely be on the DS, as opposed to a year or two from now (which would almost guarantee a 3DS release)? Or do you think they would make more money putting it on the 3DS regardless of when it is released?

Damn, beaten by BCVM22 again.

One of these days.......

BCVM22
26th April 2011, 4:40 AM
Wouldn't the timing of the third game's release also be a factor? Basically, if it were to be released this year, wouldn't it most likely be on the DS, as opposed to a year or two from now (which would almost guarantee a 3DS release)? Or do you think they would make more money putting it on the 3DS regardless of when it is released?

As we've stated, I think that Ocarina of Time 3D (done and waiting for release in June), Star Fox 64 3D (done), Super Mario 3DS (intended out by year's end) and Mario Kart 3D (same) would indicate that the 3DS is the future and the future is now, that Nintendo is knee-deep in the process of migrating their key franchises to the 3DS.

However, I would agree that on the off-chance that this game we're due to have revealed to us next month is the next core title already (itself not a huge possibility; among other reasons, it's simply too early, one would think), then it is possible it would still be DS-relevant, either again developed for that platform or via dual-compatibility.

Beyond that, I think we agree that Pokémon's run on the DS family could safely be called "over".

DBK
26th April 2011, 4:58 AM
As we've stated, I think that Ocarina of Time 3D (done and waiting for release in June), Star Fox 64 3D (done), Super Mario 3DS (intended out by year's end) and Mario Kart 3D (same) would indicate that the 3DS is the future and the future is now, that Nintendo is knee-deep in the process of migrating their key franchises to the 3DS.

However, I would agree that on the off-chance that this game we're due to have revealed to us next month is the next core title already (itself not a huge possibility; among other reasons, it's simply too early, one would think), then it is possible it would still be DS-relevant, either again developed for that platform or via dual-compatibility.

Beyond that, I think we agree that Pokémon's run on the DS family could safely be called "over".

Agreed, as far as the core titles are concerned. It was a good run.

Chairman
26th April 2011, 6:15 AM

Thats not entirely true. The 3ds did sell extremely well in the first week, i think it sold over 1 million on the first day, but ever since then it has sold less than the psp, and the psp isn't exactly what you would call a popular system in general, or compared to other ds's. I think this was only in japan though, and with the recent disaster sales of anything are kind of irrelevant because people have more important things to think about.

Even though like I, and many other people said before that it would ruin continuity of the game, releasing a set over two different systems, releasing grey on the 3ds would most likely make a lot of people buy the 3ds

SasakiThePikachu
26th April 2011, 1:13 PM
I happen to agree with you, DBK. I don't think they'd make a slip by saying that the '5th gen games would be released for the DS' when they actually only meant 'Black and White'. You made a lot of good points. Unforunately this debate ultimately comes down to opinion, because we can't see into the future. If BCVM22 is right about one thing, it's that Ninty aren't going to discuss plans for a 3rd 'remix' game while they're still in the only second month of pushing the dual core titles worldwide. That would just be financial suicide. So as much as we can argue about whether the DS is defunct or not etc, we're not going to know if 'Gray' will be a DS or 3DS title until they tell us, simple as that.

So what does everyone think - we're pretty sure that the inevitable R/S/E remakes will be for the 3DS, but will they be 5th gen or 6th gen? o.O I personally can't wait. Hoenn with glorious graphics, oh yes please...

Grey Wind
26th April 2011, 3:11 PM
They better be 5th Gen, I can't wait that long if they're 6th Gen

Silent Conversation
26th April 2011, 6:38 PM
The RS remakes will definitely be 5th gen. Ever since the 3rd gen, there's been the tradition of making new games, then remaking the ones from two generations past. For example, RBGY was Gen 1, and FRLG was Gen 3. GSC was Gen 2, and HGSS was Gen 4. So, following the pattern RSE was Gen 3, so RS remakes will be Gen 5.

ArchedThunder
26th April 2011, 9:34 PM
Thats not entirely true. The 3ds did sell extremely well in the first week, i think it sold over 1 million on the first day, but ever since then it has sold less than the psp, and the psp isn't exactly what you would call a popular system in general, or compared to other ds's. I think this was only in japan though, and with the recent disaster sales of anything are kind of irrelevant because people have more important things to think about.

Even though like I, and many other people said before that it would ruin continuity of the game, releasing a set over two different systems, releasing grey on the 3ds would most likely make a lot of people buy the 3ds
It's sales are only "sorta" low in Japan, everywhere else it's doing fine, They thought it was going to sell 4 million in the first month, but sold 3.6, which is still amazing, the main reason people aren't buying it is because of the lack of titles, many people are just waiting for more games.

poke-lord
26th April 2011, 9:43 PM
I think that the games will be for the 3DS, but compatible with the DS/i/XL, but just no 3D and less features.

ArchedThunder
26th April 2011, 9:49 PM
I think that the games will be for the 3DS, but compatible with the DS/i/XL, but just no 3D and less features.

We don't even know if they can do that, and if they can I doubt they will. First off the 3DS needs more killer titles to get more people on board. Secondly if a game came out for 3DS looking like Black and White it would be thrashed, the hardware difference between DS and 3DS makes that unacceptable. It would be like releasing a full retail game for $60 on the Xbox 360 that looks like an N64 title.

Silent Conversation
27th April 2011, 12:44 AM

A 3DS game can only be compatible with a 3DS. You cannot take a 3DS game, stick it in any other DS, and expect it to even fit properly, let alone work. The only way to accomplish something similar to what you're saying is to do what they did for Mystery Dungeon 1 - similar games, but one for the DS and one for GBA.

Blackjack the Titan
27th April 2011, 12:51 AM
IDC about which platform the 6th gen and RS remake games will appear in. I'll be able to adapt to it and all I want is a game to play.

I kinda see the Mystery dungeon games as a game for little kids who want to start playing Pokemon games, since it has that vibe of being for the younger audience.

Silent Conversation
27th April 2011, 1:06 AM
6th gen will obviously be 3DS. But RS remakes will most likely be part of 5th gen, which is why people are arguing over whether it's gonna be 3DS or regular DS.

manifesto
27th April 2011, 2:19 AM
I'm taking a past argument from BCVM22 (the nintendo/game freak = precedence idea) here and I'm going to say that the DS has at least another year before it is left completely by the game producers. I remember when the DS first came out, they were still making games for the GBA (Emerald version came out after the original DS if i remember correctly...) so wouldn't it make sense and be part of precedent to finish up this gen on the DS/DSi and then just move on from there? Perhaps the RS remakes will be on the 3DS but I'm going to say the third game for B/W is on the DS/DSi.

ArchedThunder
27th April 2011, 2:44 AM
I'm taking a past argument from BCVM22 (the nintendo/game freak = precedence idea) here and I'm going to say that the DS has at least another year before it is left completely by the game producers. I remember when the DS first came out, they were still making games for the GBA (Emerald version came out after the original DS if i remember correctly...) so wouldn't it make sense and be part of precedent to finish up this gen on the DS/DSi and then just move on from there? Perhaps the RS remakes will be on the 3DS but I'm going to say the third game for B/W is on the DS/DSi.

The difference there is that Gen 3 was the only Gen on GBA.

manifesto
27th April 2011, 2:49 AM
Sure, but pokemon RBY and GSC were both for the Game Boy Color, but crystal came out after the GBA in the US. So as I said, precedence holds.

KuroiMawile
27th April 2011, 2:53 AM
Going by Bulbapedia, Emerald came out for GBA in 2004-5 for Japan and American. The first DS came out in 2004 for both Japan and America. So wouldn't a game projected to be in 2 years come out for more 'current' technology?

Trying to say: Emerald came out the same year as the 'newest hand-held': the DS, while the 3rd Gen 5 game will come out something around 2 years after the 'newest hand-held': the 3DS came out.
Doesn't the fact Crystal came out on a different system (and wasn't backwards compatible) still hold up?

xmip
27th April 2011, 2:59 AM
DS games work on the 3DS tho, right?

rocky505
27th April 2011, 3:07 AM
Sure, but pokemon RBY and GSC were both for the Game Boy Color, but crystal came out after the GBA in the US. So as I said, precedence holds. RBY was not for the GBC They were the normal Gameboy! And some say Gold and Silver were too.

manifesto
27th April 2011, 3:07 AM
Doesn't the fact Crystal came out on a different system (and wasn't backwards compatible) still hold up?
No. It came out for the Game Boy Color after the Game Boy Advance came out. That was my point. There is a period where the "outdated" technology is still used. The PS2 (I know this isn't Nintendo, but bear with me) was still going strong up until a couple years ago. It's just an example, and if you want a Nintendo example, Twilight Princess came out for the Gamecube as well as the Wii.

Going by Bulbapedia, Emerald came out for GBA in 2004-5 for Japan and American. The first DS came out in 2004 for both Japan and America. So wouldn't a game projected to be in 2 years come out for more 'current' technology?

It's only projected to be 2 years away. We don't know when it's going to be released exactly. Think of it this way, they could do a press release for "Grey" in a month or so and release it at the end of this year. Then it'd be the next year for the US and Europe. Also as another example, say they release "Grey" for the DS in Japan in 2012, the 3DS is only a year and a half old then. That would be fine and make sense since like the GBA, the DS will die hard.

Going by patterns that they would keep at least the group of 5th gen games together. The pending RS remakes are likely to be for the 3DS, and that's fine. But I'm honestly thinking that "Grey" will be for the regular DS systems.

RBY was not for the GBC They were the normal Gameboy! And some say Gold and Silver were too.

I judged that from experience, and I'm simply saying that the Game Boy and Game Boy Color were more or less the same for a while (still from experience), games would work on both. I don't see G/S being able to work on the original Game Boy though.

R_N
27th April 2011, 3:17 AM
No. It came out for the Game Boy Color after the Game Boy Advance came out. That was my point. There is a period where the "outdated" technology is still used. The PS2 (I know this isn't Nintendo, but bear with me) was still going strong up until a couple years ago. It's just an example, and if you want a Nintendo example, Twilight Princess came out for the Gamecube as well as the Wii.

Neither of these examples really...work.
PS2 stuck around most out of necessity for Sony (what with the big losses and all), and TP was specifically launched with both so the Wii could have a "big" launch title.

While I'm at it, Crystal was released in Japan on December 14, 2000
the GBA first came out in Japan on March 21, 2001

manifesto
27th April 2011, 3:24 AM
Hurm, and with Twilight Princess going for both, doesn't that mean that Nintendo could possibly release it for both? I mean, why not?

and GBA came out before Crystal in the US...my research was a bit limited, sadly. I feel like a spaz.

I'm honestly just thinking that since the DS and 3DS can connect to one another, they could split up this generation, but I'm just thinking they won't separate a group of games set within the same region. No reason they can't put the remakes onto the 3DS though or have a dual release for at least one of the games.

KuroiMawile
27th April 2011, 3:24 AM

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Tokyo/Response/hokkaido.png

...is what I meant. For Japan, Crystal came out months before the GBA, so no crystal did not come out after the game boy advance.

It's only projected to be 2 years away. We don't know when it's going to be released exactly. Think of it this way, they could do a press release for "Grey" in a month or so and release it at the end of this year. Then it'd be the next year for the US and Europe. Also as another example, say they release "Grey" for the DS in Japan in 2012, the 3DS is only a year and a half old then. That would be fine and make sense since like the GBA, the DS will die hard.

Don't most 3rd games come about 2 years after the first two? So, while they could have a press release for grey, I can't see it happening. Also, for 'precedence' what main-game Pokemon came out on a year and a half old system?
Emerald came out the same year as the DS
Crystal came out the year before the GBA

I don't see G/S being able to work on the original Game Boy though.

I post a video of it working if you want. (or if you look at the little indented part above the picture on the cartridge)

DBK
27th April 2011, 5:05 AM
Wow...what have BCVM22 and I started?

Even though I still hope he is wrong, I agree with BCVM22. Nintendo will do whatever makes them the most money. If/when the DS starts dying considerably/dies within the next year, and the game hasn't been announced yet, it'll most definitely be on the 3DS, since that's were they'll make the most profit. If, however, the game is announced before that, and the DS is still going strong at that point, then there is a high possibility that it will be on the DS.

Until they give us some sort of information about it, we will just have to wait and see.

I can definitely see the remakes (if they are made) and some of the spin-offs going to the 3DS.

That's my 2 cents.

Silent Conversation
27th April 2011, 5:05 AM
DS games work on the 3DS tho, right?

Yes, but the opposite obviously doesn't hold true - 3DS games, even without using the 3D capabilities, do not work on the regular DS. That's why the RS remakes or Grey can't have functions of the DS AND of the 3DS like one person mentioned.

manifesto
27th April 2011, 5:08 AM
Right, but this doesn't discount the idea of a dual release. I agree with DBK though, we really can't be sure. I'm gonna start playing the waiting game now.

Silent Conversation
27th April 2011, 5:10 AM
Right, but this doesn't discount the idea of a dual release.

Of course it doesn't - in fact, a few pages ago I was the one mentioning it could be like Mystery Dungeon 1 where the same game is released on two different systems. It was just that one person mentioned there be the same game that can use the functions of both systems, which physically can't happen.

manifesto
27th April 2011, 5:16 AM
You know, just as an idea, what if the remakes come before the third game and they do something like the Mystery Dungeon games and make Ruby for the 3DS and Sapphire for the regular DS?

Silent Conversation
27th April 2011, 6:33 AM
You know, just as an idea, what if the remakes come before the third game and they do something like the Mystery Dungeon games and make Ruby for the 3DS and Sapphire for the regular DS?

That actually sounds like a good idea; however, I don't see that happening. Personally, I think it would just be kind of weird to have the original games be for the same system, and then have the remakes be for different systems.

I feel like Nintendo doesn't care about that, though, so in that case this is a great idea.

KibaLG8
27th April 2011, 6:47 AM

I'd hate that IMO. They are main series games, I wouldn't want to have Ruby for the 3DS and Sapphire for the regular DS when I preferred Sapphire when it first came out.

manifesto
27th April 2011, 6:58 AM
I'd hate that IMO. They are main series games, I wouldn't want to have Ruby for the 3DS and Sapphire for the regular DS when I preferred Sapphire when it first came out.

Sorry I didn't check in with you before I made my post. I'll be sure to mail Game Freak an angry letter via carrier pigeon to make sure they don't take me seriously and do what I said. Because you know, I'm CEO and all. -____-

That actually sounds like a good idea; however, I don't see that happening. Personally, I think it would just be kind of weird to have the original games be for the same system, and then have the remakes be for different systems.

I feel like Nintendo doesn't care about that, though, so in that case this is a great idea.

Well yeah, it would be weird, and it's extremely unlikely, but it was fun to speculate that they'd have 2 versions of the same game on 2 platforms. It would work, but I like the dual release idea better. As of now though, I'm under the impression that whichever of the two new releases comes out first will be at least partly on the DS.

ArchedThunder
27th April 2011, 7:01 AM
A dual release would be weird, the power difference between the DS and 3DS is too great, if they release a main series game for 3DS that is still sprite based then I will stop defending Gamefreak when people call them lazy.

manifesto
27th April 2011, 7:07 AM
Well no, the dual release could have different graphical properties, why couldn't the connectivity between two games with different sets of graphics exist?

DBK
27th April 2011, 7:08 AM
A dual release would be weird, the power difference between the DS and 3DS is too great, if they release a main series game for 3DS that is still sprite based then I will stop defending Gamefreak when people call them lazy.

Yeah, I wouldn't expect the sprites to go away anytime soon. If anything, they may improve the sprites to look similar to the sprites from the Ranger series, at best.

Chairman
27th April 2011, 7:30 AM

Some people were concerned with the new battle system in BW because it was too different to what people were used too. Even though the change wasn't that big at all, many people were sceptical. Imagine the response if they change the style of the game that big suddenly, I wouldn't predict it to be a good one. Its a sot safer to use "if it aint broken don't fix it" mentality with these games, nad I think most buyers would probably prefer that anyway.

BCVM22
27th April 2011, 7:35 AM
Hurm, and with Twilight Princess going for both, doesn't that mean that Nintendo could possibly release it for both? I mean, why not?

Twilight Princess began life as a GameCube title, was delayed several times over the course of a few years and was ported to the Wii because Nintendo wanted it there for that system's launch.

None of those conditions exist here.

if they release a main series game for 3DS that is still sprite based then I will stop defending Gamefreak when people call them lazy.

...what, seriously?

manifesto
27th April 2011, 7:38 AM
Twilight Princess began life as a GameCube title, was delayed several times over the course of a few years and was ported to the Wii because Nintendo wanted it there for that system's launch.

None of those conditions exist here.

Thank you for clearing that up, I appreciate it. I was just kind of rolling examples off the top of my head for my argument and just letting it take its course, obviously it didn't work haha.

BCVM22
27th April 2011, 7:49 AM
Thank you for clearing that up, I appreciate it.

Quite the process, too. Would you believe it was first mentioned in 2003 and first shown in 2004 and managed to be delayed long enough to become a launch title for the Wii in 2006?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twilight_Princess#Development

Silent Conversation
27th April 2011, 3:28 PM
I personally think that the sprite system is what makes Pokemon be Pokemon. It's something that's been there since the very first games, and even as we've moved up to the DS, they've still stayed. Game Freak obviously has the power and ability by now to change it from sprites to something that looks better, but they haven't for a reason. Honestly, my main concern will be when Game Freak stops using sprites.

LexSuicune
27th April 2011, 6:51 PM
They'll move to 3D animations eventually, at least I hope so, the 3DS should have the power to make Pokemon look more realistic.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
27th April 2011, 7:29 PM
They'll move to 3D animations eventually, at least I hope so, the 3DS should have the power to make Pokemon look more realistic.

Yes, that will be awesome

The Eleventh
27th April 2011, 8:13 PM
It's sales are only "sorta" low in Japan, everywhere else it's doing fine, They thought it was going to sell 4 million in the first month, but sold 3.6, which is still amazing, the main reason people aren't buying it is because of the lack of titles, many people are just waiting for more games.
Yes, more people will purchase a 3DS when more core titles are released, such as the upcoming Ocarina of Time 3D-make. If Pokémon was released on 3DS, it would give many a reason to buy the console. The next Pokémon game has to be on 3DS, I don't see why they would release games on a console that will be seven months old by September.

I personally think that the sprite system is what makes Pokemon be Pokemon. It's something that's been there since the very first games, and even as we've moved up to the DS, they've still stayed. Game Freak obviously has the power and ability by now to change it from sprites to something that looks better, but they haven't for a reason. Honestly, my main concern will be when Game Freak stops using sprites.
I feel that way, too. When Pokémon comes to 3DS, I think it should still use sprites, but slightly-3D ones. Perhaps a bit like this (http://www.hookedgamers.com/images/1843/professor_layton__the_mask_of_miracles/screenshot_nds_professor_layton__the_mask_of_mirac les012.jpg).

Will-powered Spriter
27th April 2011, 9:46 PM

Actually, for the 3DS, they could scale it up into vector images, (or just images), and animate it in the same way. Black and white's animations consist of multiple small sprites per Pokemon, such as an arm, a head, a tail, eyes, which are rotated, moved and resized to form a moving battle sprites. Paper Mario 2 and 3 use this method, but with large images instead (vector images?), and that is recieving a 3DS game (and Paper Mario's sprite equivalents are even slightly 3d, turn around on TTYD and you'll see), so Pokemon could easily remain in 2D and keep the same style, but lose the sprites in favour of large images.

It would be a blow to spriters, but it wouldn't require 3D models.

Edit: Because I'm bad at explaining, here's a visual example.

This is what the animations in Black and White consist of. (http://www.spriters-resource.com/ds/pokemonblackwhite/sheet/34115)

This is what the animations in Paper Mario 2 consist of. (http://www.spriters-resource.com/other_systems/pmttyd/sheet/30740)

The animation method is pretty much the same, except PM is slightly three dimensional.

With the increased memory space in a 3DS cart, Pokemon could fairly easily use the latter, or a slightly lower quality of the latter, to create graphics worthy of the 3DS's capacity, without using 3D models. It could even take on the art style of sugimori, the anime or the Pokemon dream world, something it can't do with sprites or 3D models.

ArchedThunder
27th April 2011, 10:44 PM
I've been wanting them to move to 3D models for the battles since Diamond and Pearl. I don't mind if they use sprites for the overworld as long as they are more detailed and the backgrounds actually look good and use the system's power to its advantage. But honestly I think it should look some what similar to Colosseum and XD in the overworld.

Blackjack the Titan
27th April 2011, 11:46 PM
Since 5th gen is a "new beginning", I'm guessing there won't be any more Eeveelutions. But I've been thinking: maybe the Pans and Simis will be the new stone evolution Pokemon. Maybe for the next four generations.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
27th April 2011, 11:52 PM
Since 5th gen is a "new beginning", I'm guessing there won't be any more Eeveelutions. But I've been thinking: maybe the Pans and Simis will be the new stone evolution Pokemon. Maybe for the next four generations.

Naw, I think they'll make more Eveelutions 6th gen. It's always every odd gen is like a "new beginning" but every even gen has a bunch of evolutions and pre-evolutions

Orton155
27th April 2011, 11:58 PM
Naw, I think they'll make more Eveelutions 6th gen. It's always every odd gen is like a "new beginning" but every even gen has a bunch of evolutions and pre-evolutions

I never noticed that. 3rd gen only bring two pokemon that are related to pokemon in the previous generations which are azurill and wynaut.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
28th April 2011, 12:12 AM
I never noticed that. 3rd gen only bring two pokemon that are related to pokemon in the previous generations which are azurill and wynaut.

You haven't? It was kinda obvious

Orton155
28th April 2011, 12:17 AM
You haven't? It was kinda obvious

Well, I apoligise for my lack of observation back in generation three.

I agree with this. Pokemon as sprites is one of the things you associate with the series (well maybe not everyone).

Blackjack the Titan
28th April 2011, 12:18 AM

Whatever.
I just want to see more Pans and Simis.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
28th April 2011, 12:32 AM
Whatever.
I just want to see more Pans and Simis.

Meh, apart from Pan/Simisage, I didn't think they looked that good

Blazios
28th April 2011, 12:34 AM
Besides, the Eeveelutions all have different base stats and movesets while the monkeys have the same base stats and very similar learnsets.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
28th April 2011, 3:15 AM
Besides, the Eeveelutions all have different base stats and movesets while the monkeys have the same base stats and very similar learnsets.

Exactly Eeveelutions are MUCH MUCH MUCH better than the monkeys. Except it would be cool to see a type for each stone.

CaptainCombusken
28th April 2011, 9:20 AM
Panshock and Simishock!
Thundershock @ Level 10
Charge @ level 16
Discharge @ Level 22
Thunderbolt @ level 34.

Would love that as a Pokemon.

Silent Conversation
28th April 2011, 1:46 PM
That would be amazing! However, I don't see the Simis becoming like the Eevees. It would kind of make the uniqueness of the Eevees lessen, plus it would probably be more effort to think of new Eeveees AND new Simis for each gen.

Grei
28th April 2011, 4:37 PM
Panshock and Simishock!
Thundershock @ Level 10
Charge @ level 16
Discharge @ Level 22
Thunderbolt @ level 34.

Would love that as a Pokemon.

Although that doesn't make a lot of sense...

Endoplasmic Reticulum
28th April 2011, 5:10 PM
Remember, the suffix has to have something to do with cooking

Will-powered Spriter
28th April 2011, 6:24 PM
Remember, the suffix has to have something to do with cooking

Pancrowave and Simicrowave?

...Nah.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
28th April 2011, 6:32 PM
Pancrowave and Simicrowave?

...Nah.

And that's why they won't do another

Unless it's like Hitmontop where the suffix doesn't regard the theme of the previous two suffix's

I would've called Hitmontop Hitmonorris

manifesto
28th April 2011, 9:29 PM
It's always every odd gen is like a "new beginning" but every even gen has a bunch of evolutions and pre-evolutions

I'm glad someone else noticed this...

And that's why they won't do another

I agree... I think the monkeys were supposed to be a counterpart to the starters.

Let's just stick with Eevees.

Blackjack the Titan
28th April 2011, 9:59 PM
For the stone in Twist Mt.: Panfreeze and Simifreeze
Friendship Night: Panshade and Simishade
Friendship Day: Paneuro and Siminuero
These would be cool for next generations.

R_N
28th April 2011, 10:14 PM
The Monkeys were designed specifically for getting used to the types and being as samey as possible. It's why they only differ by type and certain moves, and why their types are specifically the grass/fire/water triangle.

I doubt there will ever be more Pan_s

Grey Wind
28th April 2011, 10:15 PM
Fighting type...Panorris and Siminorris

Silent Conversation
29th April 2011, 12:03 AM
Snowyarticuno is right. They wanted another grass-fire-water triangle you get towards the beginning of the game, because by doing this they made your first gym battle a type triangle. They wouldn't have given you a Pan at the Dreamyard if the Striaton Gym Leader didn't use a Pan that was super effective against the starter. By giving you the Pan, they not only showed you type triangles, but they gave you a specific in-battle example that you could use yourself.

manifesto
29th April 2011, 12:06 AM
Exactly, I think it's kind of genius to give a tutorial for the newbies without actually doing it for them.

Silent Conversation
29th April 2011, 12:28 AM
Exactly, I think it's kind of genius to give a tutorial for the newbies without actually doing it for them.

Plus it doesn't seem like a tutorial for the experienced players. For us, we don't have to sit through this long, boring explanation and really slow paced demonstration. We play like we play, while the newbies learn while they play.

manifesto
29th April 2011, 12:39 AM
Yup! Now with people mentioning new Eeveelutions, does anyone think that as we move on from generation to generation they're going to keep the oldest pokemon in the game but kind of work on the newer pokemon more? You know, since this is apparently the 'new beginning.' I mean, I'm all for keeping old pokemon updated but I also like progress...so uhh, I think it'd be kinda cool.

KuroiMawile
29th April 2011, 12:42 AM
I'd bet on older pokemon getting new evolutions if they come up with them. (Lickitung got one, and who would've seen that coming?)
Pokemon like... Quilfish, Jynx, and Banette.

manifesto
29th April 2011, 12:44 AM
Hurm, I'm feeling like since we've moved away from the regional area that Hoenn, Kanto, Johto and Sinnoh are in we're going to stop having Eeveelutions and such, maybe a couple here and there...but mostly updates to BW pokemon and further. But that's just my guess.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
29th April 2011, 2:21 AM
Yup! Now with people mentioning new Eeveelutions, does anyone think that as we move on from generation to generation they're going to keep the oldest pokemon in the game but kind of work on the newer pokemon more? You know, since this is apparently the 'new beginning.' I mean, I'm all for keeping old pokemon updated but I also like progress...so uhh, I think it'd be kinda cool.

Trust me, we'll still get new evolutions of old Pokemon. Even generations usually include a lot of that and I really don't think they'll only do evolutions for Unova Pokemon

Silent Conversation
29th April 2011, 2:26 AM
Hurm, I'm feeling like since we've moved away from the regional area that Hoenn, Kanto, Johto and Sinnoh are in...

I don't think we've done that. Unova in particular was far away from the rest of the regions, but I don't think that the Pokemon series in general has moved away. Those regions are very popular with the older fans (especially Kanto for nostalgic purposes), so I don't think the series is going to permanently ditch those regions or the Pokemon in them.

manifesto
29th April 2011, 2:29 AM
Well that's not quite what I meant, I was getting at for a while we'll be exploring this new part of the world, you know? Like maybe we'll get some evolutions/pre-evos of older pokemon, but we'll be seeing a lot more done with the current and future pokemon for a while.

Silent Conversation
29th April 2011, 2:30 AM
Well that's not quite what I meant, I was getting at for a while we'll be exploring this new part of the world, you know? Like maybe we'll get some evolutions/pre-evos of older pokemon, but we'll be seeing a lot more done with the current and future pokemon for a while.

Yeah, I guess, but I don't think they'll still focus on some of the older Pokemon, especially the Sinnoh ones, seeing as though they didn't receive any evolution line changes because of the whole "starting over" concept in BW.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
29th April 2011, 2:36 AM

I doubt they'll only focus on Unova because a lot of Pokemon don't need evolutions

manifesto
29th April 2011, 2:38 AM
Well, you never know I was just thinking about it. Perhaps we'll get a true sequel to B/W for the 6th gen? That'd be pretty awesome.

Silent Conversation
29th April 2011, 2:39 AM
Well, you never know I was just thinking about it. Perhaps we'll get a true sequel to B/W for the 6th gen? That'd be pretty awesome.

That would be pretty interesting, but I can't see it happening. The series seems to like different stories for each game, to attract new fans each time. The closest we've ever gotten to a "direct" sequel is GSC, which continued the Team Rocket story started off in RBGY.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
29th April 2011, 2:41 AM

It'd be cool if you can return to Unova, but I still think they'll make evolutions of older Pokemon

StarlightUmbreon
29th April 2011, 2:47 AM
definatly in the next remake (for whatever reigon they decide on) they would have to do some new pre evos.. Im hoping for a pre evo outside of B&W. I cant seem to think of one of the new pokemon needing a new evolution. ^_^

Endoplasmic Reticulum
29th April 2011, 2:53 AM
definatly in the next remake (for whatever reigon they decide on) they would have to do some new pre evos.. Im hoping for a pre evo outside of B&W. I cant seem to think of one of the new pokemon needing a new evolution. ^_^

Yeah me neither, that's why I was saying they wouldn't only do evolutions of BW Pokemon

manifesto
29th April 2011, 2:55 AM
It'd be cool if you can return to Unova, but I still think they'll make evolutions of older Pokemon

Well I wasn't saying there would be no evolutions for older pokemon at all (there are a few I still want to see...Pinsir comes to mind), but I was saying that since they don't technically live in this part of the world, they would have less of them and focus more on original lines and Pre-evos/evos for Unova pokemon. I hope I cleared that up a little bit at least. Of course this is all speculation.

I'd really like to be able to travel two regions again as well. I really liked that feature in Gold/Silver.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
29th April 2011, 2:57 AM
Well I wasn't saying there would be no evolutions for older pokemon at all (there are a few I still want to see...Pinsir comes to mind), but I was saying that since they don't technically live in this part of the world, they would have less of them and focus more on original lines and Pre-evos/evos for Unova pokemon. I hope I cleared that up a little bit at least. Of course this is all speculation.

I'd really like to be able to travel two regions again as well. I really liked that feature in Gold/Silver.

Well in eastern Unova, there's a lot of pre 5th gen Pokemon

manifesto
29th April 2011, 3:01 AM
Hence why I said technically (hate to be nitpicky), sorry this is turning into an argument (if you feel like it is), I was just speculating on how this is supposed to be a "new start" and all.

Plus, even though even gens are usually expansions, I'm kind of hoping for the amount of new pokemon introduced in Gen 2. Some evos here and there, but nothing like the amount in Gen 4.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
29th April 2011, 3:04 AM
Hence why I said technically (hate to be nitpicky), sorry this is turning into an argument (if you feel like it is), I was just speculating on how this is supposed to be a "new start" and all.

Plus, even though even gens are usually expansions, I'm kind of hoping for the amount of new pokemon introduced in Gen 2. Some evos here and there, but nothing like the amount in Gen 4.

No no no, I enjoy a good argument. It gets my postcount up. I'm hoping for the amount in gen 4, all those evolutions were great. Except it would be better if they focused on evolutions for Pokemon that ACTUALLY need them. Those that do and got them in gen 4, were great, like Gliscor and Yanmega. However those that were not needed ended up being terrible, like Rhyperior. But I like the evolutions were good for the most part.

And it gave me Electivire, :P

manifesto
29th April 2011, 3:07 AM
Well, I wasn't arguing about the quality of the evolutions, I was speaking more about the quantity. I liked the amount in Gen 2. I seriously love seeing new pokemon lines. They get me so excited.

Electivire is also my favorite. :P

Endoplasmic Reticulum
29th April 2011, 3:09 AM
Well, I wasn't arguing about the quality of the evolutions, I was speaking more about the quantity. I liked the amount in Gen 2. I seriously love seeing new pokemon lines. They get me so excited.

Electivire is also my favorite. :P

Oh I was assuming that the quantity impacted the quality. But if they're all great, why wouldn't you want to see more?

And yes, Electivire is awesome

manifesto
29th April 2011, 3:19 AM
You're silly. :p

Anyway: they're great, yes. But after the amount that got an overhaul, how many more actually need them? Maybe a few, but as I said, I love new pokemon lines, they make me happy. 3rd gen is my fave for that reason exactly. Even though it's an odd gen and supposed to be a "fresh start" it had plenty of old pokemon in its pokedex. (I started playing pokemon right after yellow came out, so you have perspective.)

Of course, GF won't cater to me specifically so it matters not what I think. The 4th gen as a whole really didn't impress me too much with its new lines/single pokemon though. It felt to me like it was only good for its new evos. It literally just felt like an expansion set rather than its own game. It would be like Blizzard releasing a WoW expansion as its own game. There just isn't enough IMO.

Silent Conversation
29th April 2011, 3:25 AM
You two have no taste. Clearly Gallade is far more awesome than Electivire :p

Endoplasmic Reticulum
29th April 2011, 3:26 AM
Of course, GF won't cater to me specifically so it matters not what I think. The 4th gen as a whole really didn't impress me too much with its new lines/single pokemon though. It felt to me like it was only good for its new evos. It literally just felt like an expansion set rather than its own game. It would be like Blizzard releasing a WoW expansion as its own game. There just isn't enough IMO.

Yeah I suppose but there were still quite a few new lines.

manifesto
29th April 2011, 3:30 AM
You two have no taste. Clearly Gallade is far more awesome than Electivire :p

Challenge accepted. :p

Yeah I suppose but there were still quite a few new lines.

Oh sure, this is true. I'm just sayin' though, there obviously weren't enough if they didn't even bring any new fire types to the table. (I know that argument is worn out, but it's true, isn't it?) I'm not really a fire type enthusiast, but I do like a nice balance in the pokemon brought into play.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
29th April 2011, 3:33 AM
You two have awesome taste. Clearly Electivire is far more awesome than Gallade :p
Yep, I agree with you

Oh sure, this is true. I'm just sayin' though, there obviously weren't enough if they didn't even bring any new fire types to the table. (I know that argument is worn out, but it's true, isn't it?) I'm not really a fire type enthusiast, but I do like a nice balance in the pokemon brought into play.

You're right, the lack of fire types does prove a point. Perhaps they can make 156 new Pokemon in the next region with a good few being evolutions/pre evolutions?

manifesto
29th April 2011, 3:39 AM
Yep, I agree with you

I c wut u did ther.

You're right, the lack of fire types does prove a point. Perhaps they can make 156 new Pokemon in the next region with a good few being evolutions/pre evolutions?

I think that's a great idea! I mean, as long as there are plenty of new pokemon to choose from, I couldn't care less how many new evos/pre-evos there are.

Just to add to my argument about Sinnoh, you also have to realize how many were legends. I mean, I'm not judging those who use them but I don't just out of prospect. So that's 13ish pokemon knocked off of a whopping 107ish. Not fun.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
29th April 2011, 3:40 AM
I think that's a great idea! I mean, as long as there are plenty of new pokemon to choose from, I couldn't care less how many new evos/pre-evos there are.
Naw, I love a good amount of evos/pre-evos. They make a lot of sucky Pokemon better, like Tangrowth, Gliscor, and Yanmega. Now we just need some for Luvdisc, Farfetch'd, and Delibird

manifesto
29th April 2011, 3:43 AM
Well that's kinda what I was saying. I enjoy progress, if they give me an adequate amount of new lines (let's say...2nd gen amount) then they can fill up the rest with new evos for older pokemon all they want.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
29th April 2011, 3:44 AM
Well that's kinda what I was saying. I enjoy progress, if they give me an adequate amount of new lines (let's say...2nd gen amount) then they can fill up the rest with new evos for older pokemon all they want.
Yeah I kinda agree, except I think 4th gen had more new lines than 2nd gen did

manifesto
29th April 2011, 3:49 AM
16/100 vs. ~29/107

I don't usually count the legends, so for the regular gentry, Gen 2 had more.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
29th April 2011, 4:44 AM
16/100 vs. ~29/107

I don't usually count the legends, so for the regular gentry, Gen 2 had more.

Hmm...I see

manifesto
29th April 2011, 4:49 AM
Yeah, again, this isn't about the quality of the pokemon involved. It's just the quantity. I guess this is why every odd gen is amazing to me. :O

Endoplasmic Reticulum
29th April 2011, 4:52 AM
Yeah, again, this isn't about the quality of the pokemon involved. It's just the quantity. I guess this is why every odd gen is amazing to me. :O

Yeah I suppose. I dunno, while I like a refreshing new one, every generation would get annoying. I like how even generation have a lot of evolutions and pre evolutions, so when the new ones come it's fresh

manifesto
29th April 2011, 4:54 AM
You're definitely right. I guess my tunnel-vision got the best of me!

Endoplasmic Reticulum
29th April 2011, 5:00 AM
You're definitely right. I guess my tunnel-vision got the best of me!

Yes it did :P

manifesto
29th April 2011, 5:03 AM
Welp. I still like the odd ones the best though. :X

Endoplasmic Reticulum
29th April 2011, 5:44 AM
Welp. I still like the odd ones the best though. :X

Same here, but if we had it every generation things would get repetitive

manifesto
29th April 2011, 5:47 AM
Well, I think we both agree there. But I digress...If B/W were to have a direct sequel do you think it would be north or west of Unova?

Ang3l
29th April 2011, 5:49 AM
Does anyone know when Keldeo, Meloetta and Genesect will be made available to Australia? Sorry if this is the wrong place, but i don't know where to post it.....

manifesto
29th April 2011, 5:52 AM
Nothing's been released as of yet. They don't even technically even exist Japan yet.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
29th April 2011, 6:18 AM
Does anyone know when Keldeo, Meloetta and Genesect will be made available to Australia? Sorry if this is the wrong place, but i don't know where to post it.....

We don't know. They haven't even been announced anywhere else

Edit: Damn, ninja'd

BCVM22
29th April 2011, 6:23 AM
Edit: Damn, ninja'd[/size][/font]

Buddy, you weren't "ninja'd" by 26 minutes. Just read the thread before posting.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
29th April 2011, 6:25 AM
Buddy, you weren't "ninja'd" by 26 minutes. Just read the thread before posting.

Oh my bad. I had the thread open and I forgot to refresh it when I posted it

BCVM22
29th April 2011, 6:26 AM
Always a good idea.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
29th April 2011, 6:28 AM
Always a good idea.

I usually do but this time I forgot because I'm busy in my black trying to hatch a shiny Heatmor

manifesto
29th April 2011, 6:44 AM
Trollolol! I'm helping!

Good luck with the Heatmor though dude!

Endoplasmic Reticulum
29th April 2011, 6:48 AM
Trollolol! I'm helping!

Good luck with the Heatmor though dude!

I've bred 6, none so far

Silent Conversation
29th April 2011, 1:50 PM
I've bred 6, none so far

Good luck - most people take a few hundred to hatch a shiny through MM, so 6 doesn't really prove anything.

Grey Wind
29th April 2011, 2:39 PM
I hatched six Snivy but cracked up and stopped.

Hejiru
29th April 2011, 2:49 PM
I hatched six Snivy but cracked up and stopped.

You'll have to hatch more than six, even with Masuda Method.

Also, Comic SAAAAAANS!! (http://www.explosm.net/db/files/Comics/Dave/comicsans2.png)

Grey Wind
29th April 2011, 2:57 PM
Oh I know, I just got so bored.
Lol

Silent Conversation
29th April 2011, 9:52 PM
I'm thinking of trying to MM in a little bit. Maybe once/if I ever complete my Platinum Scramble Challenge, I'll go start to try MMing. There's a few Unova Pokemon that I really want the shiny of...

PGfan85
29th April 2011, 10:52 PM
Here's a question- if the games are already out, why is this thread still open?

Blackjack the Titan
29th April 2011, 10:53 PM
I think I'm out of Everstones. Well, I guess I can give up MM breeding for my clan.

Silent Conversation
29th April 2011, 10:57 PM
Here's a question- if the games are already out, why is this thread still open?

It's really for people who want to talk about BW in general, but can't talk about it in other threads because they're made for more specific topics.

Grey Wind
29th April 2011, 11:42 PM
I'm thinking of trying to MM in a little bit. Maybe once/if I ever complete my Platinum Scramble Challenge, I'll go start to try MMing. There's a few Unova Pokemon that I really want the shiny of...
I wanted to do that too, but as I said after six eggs I couldn't tkae it.

Silent Conversation
29th April 2011, 11:43 PM
I wanted to do that too, but as I said after six eggs I couldn't tkae it.

I feel like that's going to be the same problem with me. I'll be really psyched once I get an other-language Ditto, but once I start actually hatching eggs, I'll realize how tedious and boring it is.

But, I guess I should give myself the benefit of the doubt and hope that maybe I don't get impatient quickly.

Blackjack the Titan
30th April 2011, 4:39 AM
I'm really bored with Black and White already. I NEED Grey! Or the R/S remakes!

Silent Conversation
30th April 2011, 4:43 AM

Maybe do a BW Scramble Challenge, Monotype Challenge or Nuzlocke Challenge to keep your mind off of it.

BCVM22
30th April 2011, 4:46 AM

And to what end, this? It's not as if this will make them arrive faster.

Blackjack the Titan
30th April 2011, 4:48 AM
And to what end, this? It's not as if this will make them arrive faster.

I'm not stupid, goodness! I'm just commenting that I am tired of Black already.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
30th April 2011, 5:00 AM

We're all tired of Black. It's been nearly two months since it came out. Deal with it

Silent Conversation
30th April 2011, 5:12 AM
Wow, after the title change and new description of the thread in the first post, I feel like my answer to somebody's question had to do with it:

It's really for people who want to talk about BW in general, but can't talk about it in other threads because they're made for more specific topics.

Then again, this is probably me being super cocky, but it makes me feel good about myself :p

DBK
30th April 2011, 5:39 AM

The game just came out last month, how are you tired of it already? Jeeze...

Your own fault for speeding through the game. Try some competitive battling to pass the time until the next game.... -_-

RedMage23
30th April 2011, 8:41 AM
I'm a bit tired of the game, and I didn't really speed through it. I just broke the 150 hour mark today.

Derp
30th April 2011, 9:24 AM
Im not tired of it as im just training my Unova team and have not been playing much due to work =/

BCVM22
30th April 2011, 9:36 AM
I just broke the 150 hour mark today.

Do you suppose that 150 hours of anything is going to make it seem just a wee bit stale?

Kids, no one's saying the game still needs to be as fresh now as it was when you got it two months ago. But we can be reasonably sure that a new core title of any sort is, internationally, at least a year away and far more likely two years away.

So as I see it, you can point out that no, the game isn't fresh and new like it was when it was actually new, or you can accept that more ain't coming for a while yet and either put the game down for a while until you feel like coming back to it or find other things in the game to keep you occupied for a while still.

SasakiThePikachu
30th April 2011, 1:33 PM
The game just came out last month, how are you tired of it already? Jeeze...

Your own fault for speeding through the game. Try some competitive battling to pass the time until the next game.... -_-

I'm a little tired of it because I did my first Black in 2 weeks, and then got a rental copy because I loved the game so much I wanted to go through Unova again with a new team of 6.

And I'll probably do the same again when this game is finished.

So yeah, I'm sick of Black...but hell, there's still White to get through. Minor story differences FTW!

Silent Conversation
30th April 2011, 4:01 PM
Like I said before, there's more to do with a game than just a simple run through of the game. There's a lot of different twists and challenges you can do to make it interesting. And they clearly must be popular considering they just made a whole sub-forum for them! So maybe go there and look at some of the challenges people do once they've played through the game regularly.

Geekachu
30th April 2011, 4:04 PM
I can't i'm too attached to my team T.T

Silent Conversation
30th April 2011, 4:05 PM
I can't i'm too attached to my team T.T

Well, if you don't want to delete your file with your current team on it, there's something called an Elite 4 Scramble Challenge. There, you keep your current file, but you just train 6 new Pokemon in it and use them to challenge the Elite 4 rematch teams. That way, you can a new experience and you don't have to lose all your hard work.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
30th April 2011, 5:56 PM
I'm sick of my Black but it lasted me like a month.

Single player video games usually only last me for so long, Black actually lasted me longer than most do

misterdarvus
30th April 2011, 6:12 PM
Hey, tomorrow is Spring, right? I wonder what happen at Spring ;)

Endoplasmic Reticulum
30th April 2011, 6:15 PM
Hey, tomorrow is Spring, right? I wonder what happen at Spring ;)

Other than Deerling/Sawsbuck's form changes and the aesthetic change, I don't think really anything.

Wait Cynthia comes back

-Unicorno-
30th April 2011, 6:37 PM
Other than Deerling/Sawsbuck's form changes and the aesthetic change, I don't think really anything.

Wait Cynthia comes back

I already got all the winter-only items soooo, I'd like to challenge Cynthia

misterdarvus
30th April 2011, 6:41 PM

Wait Cynthia comes back

ewww.. just that? But the best thing is we can rematch Cynthia again, maybe I should wait until summer because Undella Town will be pretty crowded, leftover munchlax trading, and Cynthia funny conversation :D

Silent Conversation
30th April 2011, 7:18 PM
Oh wow, I forgot about Spring coming tomorrow. I may just load up my game tomorrow just to see all the aesthetic changes, and maybe battle Cynthia again if I feel like it.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
30th April 2011, 7:22 PM
Meh I didn't do anything for the winter changes, so I'm not going to do anything for Spring either. I've already faced Cynthia

RedMage23
30th April 2011, 7:25 PM
Meh I didn't do anything for the winter changes, so I'm not going to do anything for Spring either. I've already faced Cynthia

You do know that there's a lot of loot that you can only get in the winter, right?

Endoplasmic Reticulum
30th April 2011, 7:32 PM
You do know that there's a lot of loot that you can only get in the winter, right?

Yeah but I'm done the game so there's nothing much I can do with it

Silent Conversation
30th April 2011, 7:34 PM
Yeah but I'm done the game so there's nothing much I can do with it

Did you get all the items from Icirrus City/Dragonspiral Tower? There are a LOT of good Winter-only items there.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
30th April 2011, 7:35 PM
Did you get all the items from Icirrus City/Dragonspiral Tower? There are a LOT of good Winter-only items there.

No because I'm done the game, and I don't want to play anymore. Therefore those items will bring no use

Silent Conversation
30th April 2011, 7:35 PM
No because I'm done the game, and I don't want to play anymore. Therefore those items will bring no use

I guess. Although it's still good to get what you can when you can get it in case you randomly decide to go back and play the game. But your choice, I guess.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
30th April 2011, 7:57 PM
I guess. Although it's still good to get what you can when you can get it in case you randomly decide to go back and play the game. But your choice, I guess.

If I randomly decide to go back and play the game I'll start a new one. There's nothing for me to do in the game anymore

Silent Conversation
30th April 2011, 7:58 PM
If I randomly decide to go back and play the game I'll start a new one. There's nothing for me to do in the game anymore

Battle Subway? Train your team to Level 100? Train an all new team? There's quite a few things left to do if you really are bored with the game.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
30th April 2011, 8:23 PM
Battle Subway? Train your team to Level 100? Train an all new team? There's quite a few things left to do if you really are bored with the game.

I find the battle subway to be boring and tedious, and I've beaten all the trainers already and I don't feel like battling the elite 4 over and over again, and training against Audino's would be like giving a new team rare candies because one Audino will give you like 20 levels so there will be barely any EV's given.

Silent Conversation
30th April 2011, 8:30 PM
I find the battle subway to be boring and tedious, and I've beaten all the trainers already and I don't feel like battling the elite 4 over and over again, and training against Audino's would be like giving a new team rare candies because one Audino will give you like 20 levels so there will be barely any EV's given.

But, those EVs will be gained when you get into the 40-50s and levelling up becomes slower.

Ne0n-H!tch'd
30th April 2011, 9:09 PM
When I play this game I want to complete it 100%

I wish there was a hold item that doubled all stats on pre-evolved Pokemon, making them considerable ranks in the competitve field

Silent Conversation
30th April 2011, 9:10 PM
When I play this game I want to complete it 100%

I hope you realize that in Pokemon, completing a game 100% basically means catching all 649 Pokemon. Good luck on that one.

R_N
30th April 2011, 9:55 PM
I hope you realize that in Pokemon, completing a game 100% basically means catching all 649 Pokemon. Good luck on that one.

Been there, done that, trying to get all the TMs now
It's not that hard if you put your mind to it.

Silent Conversation
30th April 2011, 9:57 PM
Been there, done that, trying to get all the TMs now
It's not that hard if you put your mind to it.

Well in that case, congratulations. I would never be able to get myself to even try to do that, let alone actually do it.

DBK
30th April 2011, 10:02 PM
Well in that case, congratulations. I would never be able to get myself to even try to do that, let alone actually do it.

If you played the past two generations, then you should have a full National dex already. Its just a matter of trading them all to B/W. I'm in the process right now, since I just finished the Unova dex. Now, if this is your first pokemon game, I can understand the hesitance. There really isn't much of a reward, anyway. :)

Silent Conversation
30th April 2011, 10:05 PM
If you played the past two generations, then you should have a full National dex already. Its just a matter of trading them all to B/W. I'm in the process right now, since I just finished the Unova dex. Now, if this is your first pokemon game, I can understand the hesitance. There really isn't much of a reward, anyway. :)

I've played the past two generations, and the other three as well. To me, I just don't see enjoyment in capturing all 649 Pokemon. It just turns this from a playful game to some big checklist catch-a-thon and for me, that isn't fun.

Doesn't mean I don't see why other people do it. I'm just explaining why I don't do it myself.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
30th April 2011, 10:09 PM
Yeah I don't even want to attempt to do that

DBK
30th April 2011, 10:09 PM
I've played the past two generations, and the other three as well. To me, I just don't see enjoyment in capturing all 649 Pokemon. It just turns this from a playful game to some big checklist catch-a-thon and for me, that isn't fun.

Doesn't mean I don't see why other people do it. I'm just explaining why I don't do it myself.

That's cool. To each there own I guess. If I didn't have all the pokemon already, I wouldn't bother. I would just get the legendaries and whatever works in the metagame. It would be too much of a hassle.

lol checklist catch-a-thon....I'll have to remember that. :p

Silent Conversation
30th April 2011, 11:02 PM
What I do is I take 6 Pokemon and train them really well instead of catching 649 Pokemon and boxing them all. I think a good team of 6 that has helped you throughout the game is more rewarding than boxes filled with Pokemon. But like you said, to each his own.

DBK
30th April 2011, 11:11 PM
What I do is I take 6 Pokemon and train them really well instead of catching 649 Pokemon and boxing them all. I think a good team of 6 that has helped you throughout the game is more rewarding than boxes filled with Pokemon. But like you said, to each his own.

lol True. But it's nice to have a couple of different options for your team. For in-game, 6 or 10 (plus legendaries) would be more than enough. But for the metagame, you do need a bit of a selection. But, hey, as long as you enjoy the game, doesn't matter how you play it, right? :)

Silent Conversation
30th April 2011, 11:14 PM
lol True. But it's nice to have a couple of different options for your team. For in-game, 6 or 10 (plus legendaries) would be more than enough. But for the metagame, you do need a bit of a selection. But, hey, as long as you enjoy the game, doesn't matter how you play it, right? :)

Well, I just do solely in-game, so that's why it works for me.

Also, that's what I love so much about this series. There's no definitive "ending" to the game, or is there any specific "goal". It all depends on how you look at the game, what you can do in it and what out of those makes you the most satisfied. And it's great how there are so many options in this one game.

Oshakpop
1st May 2011, 12:58 AM
I traded my last Pokémon yesterday. Now have all 649 Pokémon. I've allways been more of a catcher than a competitive battler. I try to.. but it doesn't thrill me.

DasBoot
1st May 2011, 1:54 AM
I traded my last Pokémon yesterday. Now have all 649 Pokémon. I've allways been more of a catcher than a competitive battler. I try to.. but it doesn't thrill me.

Nice man, good job!
I just beat White, and I am working on getting my team together for competitive.

Either way, I liked N what about everyone else?

Silent Conversation
1st May 2011, 2:13 AM
N was awesome. One of the most in-depth characters in the series, very unique story, cool relationship with Ghetsis, and his music is (IMO) the best in the game.

RedMage23
1st May 2011, 6:36 AM
Yeah, I loved N. I hope we see more of him.

Grey Wind
1st May 2011, 1:41 PM
They did say N was seen in another region. AT first I immediatly thought of Hoenn remakes, but they're 'in the past' so unless he catches Dialga/Celebi it's not gonna happen. He could appear in the 6th Gen though.

TheEpicGoomba
1st May 2011, 2:27 PM
They did say N was seen in another region. AT first I immediatly thought of Hoenn remakes, but they're 'in the past' so unless he catches Dialga/Celebi it's not gonna happen. He could appear in the 6th Gen though.

That would be pretty epic if you fought N as Champ or as a rival in 6th Gen

Silent Conversation
1st May 2011, 4:37 PM
I really don't think N is going to return. The mention that he moved away to another region doesn't hint that he'll be in another game, it's just closing up his story. He had to leave Unova because of all the horrible things he did, and if he wants to reconsider his life, he has to do it in a place where he starts anew. Also, moving N to another region was a reasonable alternative to him just randomly sitting in some house where you could just talk to him, which would be stupid.

Grei
1st May 2011, 7:28 PM
I really don't think N is going to return. The mention that he moved away to another region doesn't hint that he'll be in another game, it's just closing up his story. He had to leave Unova because of all the horrible things he did, and if he wants to reconsider his life, he has to do it in a place where he starts anew. Also, moving N to another region was a reasonable alternative to him just randomly sitting in some house where you could just talk to him, which would be stupid.

I think if they didn't plan on bringing him in as a cameo in another game, they could have just said "he has been spotted riding on a dragon." Or just not said anything about N being spotted at all. The fact that they stated N was in a faraway region leaves the possibility open for N to appear. While it doesn't necessarily confirm anything, it certainly doesn't simply close up his story--if anything, it does hint at a possible future cameo.

Silent Conversation
1st May 2011, 7:51 PM
I think if they didn't plan on bringing him in as a cameo in another game, they could have just said "he has been spotted riding on a dragon." Or just not said anything about N being spotted at all. The fact that they stated N was in a faraway region leaves the possibility open for N to appear. While it doesn't necessarily confirm anything, it certainly doesn't simply close up his story--if anything, it does hint at a possible future cameo.

No, don't get me wrong, I think they wanted to open up the possibility that he could one day re-appear. I just don't think that it is supposed to foreshadow his appearance in another game. They may just be mentioning it so if they ever do decide to return him, there won't be some giant continuity error.

VeNoMz
1st May 2011, 10:21 PM
Surly though it could be very possible N capturing either Dialga or Celebi?