PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Black and White General Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16

BCVM22
1st May 2011, 9:44 PM
Surly though it could be very possible N capturing either Dialga or Celebi?

Not really, no.

Geekachu
1st May 2011, 9:48 PM

Yes... But not for any trying-to-beat-the-champion obsessions. He only caught Reshiram/Zekrom because he was deluded and Ghetsis tricked him. Not for personal gain knowingly. If anything I bet he's been put right off catching another Pokemon. Well, he could catch a Sentret- but that's a whole story on its own.

Valoo.
1st May 2011, 10:06 PM
No, it's pretty safe to say N won't catch Dialga/Celebi and travel back to Hoenn.

SasakiThePikachu
1st May 2011, 11:34 PM
I'd love it if N disappeared completely and then popped up right at the end of a future game as some kind of hidden champion, like Red atop Mt Silver.

Silent Conversation
1st May 2011, 11:36 PM
I'd love it if N disappeared completely and then popped up right at the end of a future game as some kind of hidden champion, like Red atop Mt Silver.

I don't think he's important enough to do that. Red was so special because he was the character YOU played as in RGBY. N is just some random villain who just got more character development than other villains.

Aurath8
1st May 2011, 11:43 PM
No, it's pretty safe to say N won't catch Dialga/Celebi and travel back to Hoenn.

Unless he simply makes friends with the Celebi. Maybe he feels that he wants to begin a new life and he, since he can talk to pokemon asks Celebi to bring him back in time to Hoenn.
Or we have a mischievous Celebi a la Ranger:Guardian Signs that takes him back in time as a joke.
Dialga I cant see happening as he's from another dimension and rarely comes to the Pokemon World.

SasakiThePikachu
1st May 2011, 11:44 PM
I don't think he's important enough to do that. Red was so special because he was the character YOU played as in RGBY. N is just some random villain who just got more character development than other villains.

But Blue was the villain (ok, rival) of RGBY, and he came back as a gym leader! Oh god, now I'm hoping N will be a gym leader...

Srsly though, I think it would be a waste of all that character development if he never popped up again in some rebattle-able form. It'd be nice to know he got sorted and out made peace with his pokemon.

Wow, for a second there I genuinely cared about the plight of a fictional villain.

Ne0n-H!tch'd
1st May 2011, 11:58 PM
I do both... catch Pokemon and train em fro the competitive battling field!

Silent Conversation
2nd May 2011, 12:08 AM
But Blue was the villain (ok, rival) of RGBY, and he came back as a gym leader! Oh god, now I'm hoping N will be a gym leader...

Well, that brings up a new idea. I can actually see Cheren being a gym leader if your character ever returns to Unova in a future game. I just can't see N being a very special character in a future game. If anything, I just seem him as being like Cynthia and Looker in these games.

RedMage23
2nd May 2011, 12:58 AM
Not really, no.

There's a difference between possible and probable. :P

BCVM22
2nd May 2011, 1:08 AM
There's a difference between possible and probable. :P

You're right, there is a difference: the theory in question is only barely the former and not at all the latter.

Electric
2nd May 2011, 1:23 AM
Who else is obsessed with filling out their Pokedex?

Some that will be a pain to get are:

Cyndaquil- not a single trainer in Soulsilver has one, so I can't get it on the GTS. (I don't have Wifi either.)

Mew- I have the event one, but I want to keep it on Soulsilver just because of the aesthetic value of having one and it following you.

Lugia and Ho-oh- See Mew.

Latios- See Mew.

Latias- I'm going to SR for a shiny one in Sapphire, which might last forever.

Jirachi- Mew again...

Groudon- Mew reason.......

Deoxys, Shaymin, Darkrai, Arceus- I don't have access to them at all.

Once my Spanish Black Version comes in the mail (Pokemon Edición Negra) I can get more Unova Pokemon like Reshiram, Tornadus, Landorus, the Musketeer trio (I want to SR for shinies on White), and finally I can trade to get Pokemon like Accelgor.

I have 319 Pokemon.

Silent Conversation
2nd May 2011, 2:13 AM
I have 319 Pokemon.

Wow, so you still have over 300 Pokemon to go! Well, good luck and hope that you finally do it! Although, if you really are obsessed, I suggest giving up your love for aesthetic purposes for legendaries and just bringing them to your Black/White, as getting multiple legendaries from previous games is tough.

LoneKiller1992
2nd May 2011, 2:27 AM
Even though Black/White are both really good games, does anyone else think it didn't reach its full potential?

By that I mean, like, it sort of took steps forwards but one step back.

I think this because a lot of the finer details were removed from HG/SS. Which is a shame really because they really added to the whole experience of re-visting the Johto region.

A few examples would most noteably be how when you walk up to a sign post and it doesn't automatically pop-up (like in HG/SS), or how when you generally walk around the sound effects of you walking on dirt/steel/grass etc aren't there. Differences were also significant in the items and the Pokédex. Both of them went back to about first/second generation (though I will excuse the pokédex because it's super satisfying seeing pokéballs next to all the pokémon you've caught). The changing to the way items and what-not are stored now is kinda disorientating sometimes for I get lost in all of the names of the items, rather than having visual representations back in HG/SS.

I've got a few more pointers but I'll leave them for later (maybe).

Anyone else with me on this?

Silent Conversation
2nd May 2011, 2:37 AM
LoneKiller1992, everything you said is correct. However, you must remember that with HGSS, the graphics and "little additions" were all they had to focus on. A full story was made, all the Pokemon had already been created, the region had already been planned out, gym leader teams had been made, and so on. The only job the designers had to do were updating the graphics, making the games more like 4th gen games and adding little details.

With BW, they had a whole new region to plan out, 156 new Pokemon to make (the most in any new generation), new gym leaders, new region, new rivals... there was a lot more to do when making these games than in HGSS, so it's understandable that they needed focus as much on minor details with this one. Especially since the graphics in this game were so stunning for a Pokemon game.

BCVM22
2nd May 2011, 2:40 AM

Not really. Most of what you're talking about is very minor mechanical stuff, which routinely changes from game to game, much less generation to generation.

You do make different noises depending on what surface you're walking on, for the record; snow, beach sand, beach water and at least tall grass all generate different footfall noises.

The item storage is a little bit of a step backwards, but being able to categorize and alphabetize each pocket with the touch of an icon helps immensely. Even your main pocket gets sorted into hold items, use items (stones, Repels, etc.) and capture balls, and then alphabetized in each of those three categories. On paper it would have sounded like a step back from HG/SS, but in practice it works just fine.

Furthermore, keep in mind that these were games to lead off a generation, and that we're very possibly due for a hardware switch by the time the next core titles come out. No previous generation has been judged solely on its initial games, why do that here?

Ememew
2nd May 2011, 6:58 AM
No previous generation has been judged solely on its initial games, why do that here?

Probably because these are the ONLY games we have to judge so far. (and you know fans just have to judge everything)

I prefer the auto-sort of the items, as it makes looking for a specific one much easier. But to each their own, I suppose (though I would prefer if items were further sorted to have the Gems together, the Repels all together rather than separated because one starts with "super" and another with "max," etc.). But overall, I prefer the Gen V bag to that of the 4th. Signs auto-popping up or not isn't any big deal to me, I'd barely noticed its absence.

The "regional mini-game/sidequest" of Musicals in place of Contests (preferred Gen III's) or Pokeathelon was a bit disappointing, but the addition of the Dream World makes up for this (I sort of think of it as a second "regional mini-game/sidequest").

Shine
2nd May 2011, 9:06 AM
Who else is obsessed with filling out their Pokedex?

me :p

Cyndaquil- not a single trainer in Soulsilver has one, so I can't get it on the GTS. (I don't have Wifi either.)

I selected Cyndaquil for my starter in HG (which means my rival is using Totodile), and I selected Chikorita when I finished my Hoenn Pokedex in Emerald, so there's no problem there ;)

Mew- I have the event one, but I want to keep it on Soulsilver just because of the aesthetic value of having one and it following you.

Lugia and Ho-oh- See Mew.

yeah, it's for the same reason I haven't transfer mine over.

Poke_Mania97
2nd May 2011, 1:02 PM
Who thinks that GEN6 should have you encounter N at some point, cause i want to know where he goes at the end. And i want him as champion in gen 6

Geekachu
2nd May 2011, 1:10 PM
I reckon that with the third B/W installment, Grey if you like, they'll allow the games to reach their full potential. They never do the best they can do so at least the third version has some viable selling point. One big thing I reckon will be put back in are Pokemon following you. I mean, even in B/W most of the pre Gen V overworld sprites for Pokemon would probably be programmed in via the Entree Forest. And I hope they put those little extra sound effects you find in HG/SS when you go up next to water. That's cool.

SasakiThePikachu
2nd May 2011, 2:35 PM
I reckon that with the third B/W installment, Grey if you like, they'll allow the games to reach their full potential. They never do the best they can do so at least the third version has some viable selling point. One big thing I reckon will be put back in are Pokemon following you. I mean, even in B/W most of the pre Gen V overworld sprites for Pokemon would probably be programmed in via the Entree Forest. And I hope they put those little extra sound effects you find in HG/SS when you go up next to water. That's cool.

Agreed - I'm expecting 'Gray' to have the best of both worlds from HG/SS and B/W, not to mention *fingers crossed* the move tutor awesomeness of Platinum. And pokemon following you. Let's not forget that. *sends pointed glare at GF HQ*. If it has all of that, Gray has the potential to be the best pokemon game EVER.

And if that's the best pokemon game ever, can you imagine what the R/S/E remakes on 3DS are going to be like? I can barely contain my fangirlish glee...

The Eleventh
2nd May 2011, 3:40 PM
Even though Black/White are both really good games, does anyone else think it didn't reach its full potential?

By that I mean, like, it sort of took steps forwards but one step back.

I think this because a lot of the finer details were removed from HG/SS. Which is a shame really because they really added to the whole experience of re-visting the Johto region.

A few examples would most noteably be how when you walk up to a sign post and it doesn't automatically pop-up (like in HG/SS), or how when you generally walk around the sound effects of you walking on dirt/steel/grass etc aren't there. Differences were also significant in the items and the Pokédex. Both of them went back to about first/second generation (though I will excuse the pokédex because it's super satisfying seeing pokéballs next to all the pokémon you've caught). The changing to the way items and what-not are stored now is kinda disorientating sometimes for I get lost in all of the names of the items, rather than having visual representations back in HG/SS.

I've got a few more pointers but I'll leave them for later (maybe).

I wasn't fully satisfied with Black and White either. I was very, very pleased with them, though, but I just felt they were lacking something. HGSS had a lovely charm, while Black and White seem too. . . organised. It doesn't feel like you're wandering around a region for pure leisure purposes. I found the games to be too straight-forward. DPPt had back-tracking, and so did HGSS. Perhaps Unova's too linear.

I know, that sounds like a lot of moaning, but on the other hand, I was very impressed with everything Black and White did have to offer. I just felt we weren't offered enough.

Agreed - I'm expecting 'Gray' to have the best of both worlds from HG/SS and B/W, not to mention *fingers crossed* the move tutor awesomeness of Platinum. And pokemon following you. Let's not forget that. *sends pointed glare at GF HQ*. If it has all of that, Gray has the potential to be the best pokemon game EVER.

And if that's the best pokemon game ever, can you imagine what the R/S/E remakes on 3DS are going to be like? I can barely contain my fangirlish glee...
I can definitely see the following Pokémon feature returning. There are a already a few over-world sprites for Unova Pokémon, as some random trainers have their Pokémon beside them. There's the legendaries, Cottonee, Petilil, Mincinno, Munna, Musharna, Krokorok, and quite a few others.

Will-powered Spriter
2nd May 2011, 5:25 PM
I can definitely see the following Pokémon feature returning. There are a already a few over-world sprites for Unova Pokémon, as some random trainers have their Pokémon beside them. There's the legendaries, Cottonee, Petilil, Mincinno, Munna, Musharna, Krokorok, and quite a few others.

I think it's likely too. Because the Entralink Forest shows any dream world pokemon you catch in the overworld, it means the game already has every HGSS overworld programmed in. If they want to start releasing 5th Gen DW pokemon for 3rd version (which, seeing as they all have a DW ability programmed in, I think theywill), all 5th gen mons will need to get overworlds too, and if they have every pokemon with an overworld sprite there's little reason not to reintroduce following pokemon.

LoneKiller1992
2nd May 2011, 7:14 PM
Not really. Most of what you're talking about is very minor mechanical stuff...
...No previous generation has been judged solely on its initial games, why do that here?

True, techicalities do change like from game to game. I just thought it would've already be implemented into it from HGSS, since the coding for it was already there... just what I thought.

Yes, very true. There are some sound effects, like the examples you have just given, but not quite the full extent of HGSS. Just my opinion, really. Though, I will admit, I was pretty impressed with the snow sound effects, made me smile :)

The alphabetising of the items is very usual, I'll agree. And it does help to have all the different genres items (held items, pokéballs, max repels, etc) in their different groupings. You're right, it does sound a bit backward, and that over time people can get used to it, but I still prefer to have the visual elements as well as the ability to move individual items. That's just me, though, as I do get lost in the wall of names of different items.

True, there is always room for improvement. I didn't mean to put a bad mark on B/W. They are both really good games and I can't wait to see more. It as just something I needed to talk about; to get of my chest.

LoneKiller1992, everything you said is correct...
...minor details with this one. Especially since the graphics in this game were so stunning for a Pokemon game.

That's actually a very good point, I didn't think of it like that. Yeh, I can understand what you're saying and it does make sense. They did do an amazing job of creating the new region (and top marks for them for doing it!) and, as you've said, is a very stunning game.

But since they managed to implement those little improvements in HGSS, I assumed it would be passed on to B/W too. Fair enough, they are little details, but me being picky would notice these things - unfortunetly :(

Still, the game itself made up for not having them (with gripping storyline and cutscenes alike!). It was just something I wanted to get off my chest.

One big thing I reckon will be put back in are Pokemon following you.

That would be good to bring back the overworlds :) I would love for my Lucario to follow me again. It would also be interesting to have Cheren and Bionca (can't remember here name) have there pokémon follow them too.

[FONT="Book Antiqua"]
I wasn't fully satisfied with Black and White either. I was very, very pleased with them, though, but I just felt they were lacking something...

I didn't want to seem like I was moaning, either, but I do see what you mean. I hope improvements will be made in a possible third installment to the new generation :)

Silent Conversation
2nd May 2011, 10:13 PM
One big thing I reckon will be put back in are Pokemon following you.

I personally disagree. I was actually a little annoyed with Pokemon following you in HGSS - I found it really unnecessary, and it took up space that didn't need to be taken out. It was also kind of annoying to look at a little creature running around behind you everywhere you go, when all you really want to see is your actual character.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
2nd May 2011, 11:32 PM
^It was unnecessary but to me it was still an added welcome. It made the game feel a lot more lively if you ask me

Silent Conversation
2nd May 2011, 11:33 PM
I guess, but that still doesn't change the fact that it really doesn't need to return.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
2nd May 2011, 11:54 PM
^Yes but just because it has no purpose doesn't make it bad. It was a good addition if you asked me

Silent Conversation
2nd May 2011, 11:55 PM
Personally, I think the designers should be spending more time on additions that are necessary, instead of focusing on having a tiny little creature follow you around everywhere.

manifesto
3rd May 2011, 12:45 AM
They should at least make it an option to have a pokemon following you because you know, it's kind of stupid to have a fish follow you on land...

Silent Conversation
3rd May 2011, 12:47 AM
They should at least make it an option to have a pokemon following you because you know, it's kind of stupid to have a fish follow you on land...

Hm... I actually quite like that. Giving you the option would let people who want it get it, people who don't want it won't have to get it, and like you said it can prevent there being some really stupid Pokemon following you.

Wow, now I really hope they make this happen!

manifesto
3rd May 2011, 12:51 AM
Me too, and on the 3DS since they're going to have more space to build trainer models and world layouts...maybe customizable outfits and such. I'd like to add my personal touch to my trainer. Especially because I roleplay with every rpg I play. It'll just make it more fun for people who like little tweaks like that. But of course, that comes after glitches and balance issues etc.

BCVM22
3rd May 2011, 1:26 AM
Personally, I think the designers should be spending more time on additions that are necessary, instead of focusing on having a tiny little creature follow you around everywhere.

Which presupposes that they were actually spending time on the following-overworld sprites rather than other game features, something you not only can't prove in the slightest, but ignores the fact that the same sprite set was used for the Pokéathlon competitors, something that was a new game addition.

and like you said it can prevent there being some really stupid Pokemon following you.

Or, if they do bring it back, you could... you know, deal with it, since it really doesn't affect the game any. At all.

I know, I know, "it's my opinion, let me have it, etc.", it's just sort of amazing how much people let something so largely inconsequential bother them.

Me too, and on the 3DS since they're going to have more space to build trainer models and world layouts...maybe customizable outfits and such.

Relative to the previous generation, they had "more space to build trainer models and world layouts" in Generations II, III and IV and they didn't add trainer customization.

Might have something to do with the fact that even with the modern games, your character still only appears as a small, squat overworld sprite 99% of the time.

Just a thought.

manifesto
3rd May 2011, 1:42 AM
Relative to the previous generation, they had "more space to build trainer models and world layouts" in Generations II, III and IV and they didn't add trainer customization.

Might have something to do with the fact that even with the modern games, your character still only appears as a small, squat overworld sprite 99% of the time.

Just a thought.

Well this generation had a lot more detail to the trainer and he/she is a lot bigger than any of the previous generations. Not to mention, if they make any significant changes to the 3DS games, such as making them look more like Colisseum or XD in the overworld, why not give some customization? It doesn't matter if it ever exists or not, but it'd be a nice addition.

I also didn't mean more space as in more memory space, I meant it more like you see more of the trainer so they can add things like that to the game since.

There are other games as well that have smallish sprites that allow you to cusomize your appearance. Even if it is just a class change like in Final Fantasy III.

I mean, I don't need that to be a change in any of the future games. I'd just enjoy it being there for role playing purposes as I had stated before.

Silent Conversation
3rd May 2011, 3:19 AM
BCVM22, if you had read my other posts, you'd see that I'm not "bothered by it", as I wouldn't be upset if it returned. I just personally think it's a bit of a stupid idea, doesn't mean I'm going to freak out and boycott Pokemon if it happens. So no need to treat me like my thoughts don't matter at all.

manifesto
3rd May 2011, 3:22 AM
BCVM22, if you had read my other posts, you'd see that I'm not "bothered by it", as I wouldn't be upset if it returned. I just personally think it's a bit of a stupid idea, doesn't mean I'm going to freak out and boycott Pokemon if it happens. So no need to treat me like my thoughts don't matter at all.

I don't blame him for assuming things. Too many people on these boards start bugging if someone says that their opinion or ideas are unfounded. I just stopped trying to let people know that they're being silly altogether.

Silent Conversation
3rd May 2011, 4:12 AM
If the post he quoted had been my only post, then fine, he has every right to think I was whining. But in my later posts that came before his reply, I send it wasn't a huge deal, it was just a personal preference. Hey, I even liked your idea regarding having a "switch" for a Pokemon following you.

BCVM22
3rd May 2011, 4:12 AM
BCVM22, if you had read my other posts, you'd see that I'm not "bothered by it", as I wouldn't be upset if it returned.

I personally disagree. I was actually a little annoyed with Pokemon following you in HGSS - I found it really unnecessary, and it took up space that didn't need to be taken out. It was also kind of annoying to look at a little creature running around behind you everywhere you go, when all you really want to see is your actual character.

I guess, but that still doesn't change the fact that it really doesn't need to return.

like you said it can prevent there being some really stupid Pokemon following you.

Forgive me terribly for getting the wrong impression as you believe I have.

Silent Conversation
3rd May 2011, 4:16 AM
Yes, I did find it annoying, doesn't mean it "bothers" me. I'm allowed to dislike something but still tolerate it. And I still stand by my fact that I don't think it needs to return, but thinking something doesn't need to return once again doesn't mean I hate it. And I do think there are more necessary aspects of a game, but if the designers choose not to focus on them, then there's nothing I can do. And yes, I do find Pokemon following you to be stupid. Again, disagreeing with something doesn't mean I hate it or it bothers me. It just means that personally, I would be without it.

So I accept your extremely sarcastic apology.

manifesto
3rd May 2011, 4:31 AM
Eh, either way it wouldn't affect the game much. I think it's nice for role-playing (pokemon is an RPG, is it not?) but that's why it should have a switch...so those of us who want a certain pokemon as a travel-buddy can have it and those of us who don't, won't use it. It's really no big deal, I just think a system like that would be the best when it comes to this isshu.

Silent Conversation
3rd May 2011, 4:33 AM
Eh, either way it wouldn't affect the game much. I think it's nice for role-playing (pokemon is an RPG, is it not?) but that's why it should have a switch...so those of us who want a certain pokemon as a travel-buddy can have it and those of us who don't, won't use it. It's really no big deal, I just think a system like that would be the best when it comes to this isshu.

Exactly - it's not the end of the world. I don't think anyone's actually going to lose sleep on wondering how the next game will be with or without a Pokemon following you :p

manifesto
3rd May 2011, 4:36 AM
I sure won't! But you know, I just go with the flow. XD

Silent Conversation
3rd May 2011, 4:37 AM
You know, to be quite honest, when they reveal the details for a new game, I don't think I'll even notice whether a Pokemon is following you or not. I think I'll be too pre-occupied with the fact that a new game would be coming out.

manifesto
3rd May 2011, 4:44 AM
I remember really liking the idea for HG/SS but honestly it limited the pokemon I would use because I didn't want something ridiculous following me unless it was Wailord. I'd rather see what the new battle frontier is if they put one in. That would interest me the most.

Silent Conversation
3rd May 2011, 4:46 AM
A new Battle Frontier would be great. While I liked how they took the Battle Frontier to HGSS, I was a tiny bit disappointed how it was the exact same one from Platinum. New facilities with new brains would be really nice.

And upon mentioning the Wailord, I guess I did have a little fun with shinies with the walking-behind-you thing - I definitely just ran out with my shiny event Suicune behind me a bit, feeling good about myself :p

LoneKiller1992
3rd May 2011, 8:19 AM
^It was unnecessary but to me it was still an added welcome. It made the game feel a lot more lively if you ask me

I agree. It would be nice to have them back, and to also be able to use the PokéWalker again, 'cause that really was a nice 'lil addition :)

It would be a shame to see that go to waste, and to be only exclusive to one generation.

BCVM22
3rd May 2011, 9:12 AM
and to also be able to use the PokéWalker again, 'cause that really was a nice 'lil addition :)

It would be a shame to see that go to waste, and to be only exclusive to one generation.

The Pokéwalker is only compatible with HG/SS as far as the Pokémon found therein, and the little gizmo isn't of the sort that can be "upgraded", soooo...

SasakiThePikachu
3rd May 2011, 12:22 PM
The pokemon following thing would work best as an optional feature, because then everyone would be happy. I noticed it was kind of a marmite thing anyway - people either loved it, loathed it, or didn't give a rattatta's behind.

To be honest it's mostly the attraction of seeing every unova pokemon in a mini sprite following me
that makes me want it most. I'll probably get bored of it pretty quick after that, lol.

I do think trainers customization would be a bit pointless because you can barely see what the sprite is wearing anyway, however, maybe a trainer dress-up section in a future contest/musical type game would be fun...seeing as you already got that minor change of clothes from your mum in Gen4. Who says the pokemon should get all the fun?! Oh god, and on the subject of musicals, I hope they scrap them and bring back contests. The musicals are so pointless. Even the pokethlon was more fun, and I really didn't care for the pokethlon.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
3rd May 2011, 4:13 PM
I agree. It would be nice to have them back, and to also be able to use the PokéWalker again, 'cause that really was a nice 'lil addition :)

I DON'T want the Pokewalker because it makes the game more expensive

s2daam
3rd May 2011, 4:26 PM
I still think think it was stupid of them to take out a feature that was liked by many. A ON and OFF switch would be ideal if it bothered that many people. If they do add it back into the third game or remake.. it will literally be there so GAMEFREAK can say there's a feature being re-introduced, making them seem more worth it.

But yes, no bloody PokéWalker. I allways wanted to buy Both HG and SS but never did because I didn't want another PW and not to mention the price. They were like Ł40 while Black and White when I bought it were only Ł25! I just thought it was a silly marketing scheme. I would have prefered if you could buy either a PokéWalker included pack or a normal standard game.

Orton155
3rd May 2011, 4:42 PM
I still think think it was stupid of them to take out a feature that was liked by many. A ON and OFF switch would be ideal if it bothered that many people. If they do add it back into the third game or remake.. it will literally be there so GAMEFREAK can say there's a feature being re-introduced, making them seem more worth it.

But yes, no bloody PokéWalker. I allways wanted to buy Both HG and SS but never did because I didn't want another PW and not to mention the price. They were like Ł40 while Black and White when I bought it were only Ł25! I just thought it was a silly marketing scheme. I would have prefered if you could buy either a PokéWalker included pack or a normal standard game.

I never payed anymore for my HG game with the pokewalker included, it just cost the same as any other pokemon game I buy.

There were some features I really missed in these games. Including the feature of the double battles when two trainers caught your eye at the same time and then you have a battle with a psychic and an ace trainer for example.

Geekachu
3rd May 2011, 4:44 PM
To be quite honest, I used the Pokewalker once, and then never used it again. I just thought it was a bit pointless. And anyway, there's no need for it since we now have the Dream World which is technically the better, upgraded alternative.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
3rd May 2011, 4:53 PM
There were some features I really missed in these games. Including the feature of the double battles when two trainers caught your eye at the same time and then you have a battle with a psychic and an ace trainer for example.
I know! I missed that too. But I think it is because BW was trying to go back to the classic feel so they restricted the amount of double battles and only focused on single battles. Hopefully multi battles return in gray

Orton155
3rd May 2011, 4:58 PM
I know! I missed that too. But I think it is because BW was trying to go back to the classic feel so they restricted the amount of double battles and only focused on single battles. Hopefully multi battles return in gray

Then why in the world introduce triple battle this generation when you are focusing on single battles. They just wanted to add it because they could for another gimmick and in this generation that is all it was; a gimmick. I thought it was such a waste when there is only a combined total of 6 or 7 triple and rotational battles between the two games.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
3rd May 2011, 5:04 PM
Then why in the world introduce triple battle this generation when you are focusing on single battles. They just wanted to add it because they could for another gimmick and in this generation that is all it was; a gimmick. I thought it was such a waste when there is only a combined total of 6 or 7 triple and rotational battles between the two games.

Yeah I know I was really disappointed with triple and rotational battles. I also don't like how whenever you participated in one they would treat it like a special occasion. In Ruby and Sapphire Double Battles was a gimmick too, but in Emerald and D/P they made it more common so hopefully they do the same with triple and rotational battles.

Orton155
3rd May 2011, 5:23 PM
Yeah I know I was really disappointed with triple and rotational battles. I also don't like how whenever you participated in one they would treat it like a special occasion. In Ruby and Sapphire Double Battles was a gimmick too, but in Emerald and D/P they made it more common so hopefully they do the same with triple and rotational battles.

At least it was used more in Ruby/Sapphire and they made a much bigger deal about it in the game. They even has a gym leader which involved a double battle to win the badge. This is what I expected anyway, I even got three pokemon early on the game because I expected a triple battle to be there early on.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
3rd May 2011, 6:05 PM
At least it was used more in Ruby/Sapphire and they made a much bigger deal about it in the game. They even has a gym leader which involved a double battle to win the badge. This is what I expected anyway, I even got three pokemon early on the game because I expected a triple battle to be there early on.

Oh wow, really? Before I played I knew you wouldn't encounter your first one till Driftveil.

Orton155
3rd May 2011, 6:17 PM
Oh wow, really? Before I played I knew you wouldn't encounter your first one till Driftveil.

I'm very strict when it comes to being spolied which is why I knew almost nothing about Pokemon Black and White. I found that much better so I could enjoy the games just that bit more.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
3rd May 2011, 6:19 PM
I'm very strict when it comes to being spolied which is why I knew almost nothing about Pokemon Black and White. I found that much better so I could enjoy the games just that bit more.

Spoilers don't really affect me in games like Black and White. Only plot based games I find spoilers ruin, that's why I didn't enjoy Mystery Dungeon 2. However, I find that learning what features are in the game and actually experiencing them are two completely different experiences

LoneKiller1992
3rd May 2011, 6:29 PM
The Pokéwalker is only compatible with HG/SS as far as the Pokémon found therein, and the little gizmo isn't of the sort that can be "upgraded", soooo...

Well, all it is is software, so if they have the coding for it in HGSS, I'd gather it would be easy to implement it in Grey, possibly... The device itself doesn't have to be upgrade, nor does the software. The only changes I would imagine would be improvements to the software and a different UI for interfacing with the Pokéwalker.

Silent Conversation
3rd May 2011, 10:00 PM
If Grey were to use the Pokewalker, it would come with a whole new Pokewalker, not the same one that you could "upgrade". But I don't think it will happen at all.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
3rd May 2011, 10:36 PM
Please please please there be no Pokewalker in grey

Geekachu
3rd May 2011, 10:44 PM
Please please please there be no Pokewalker in grey

There won't there's no need for it, since there's the dream world. Also it's longshot but I think that maybe in 'grey' you may fight the Striaton Trio as a triple battle, or if that's too complex and hard then you could fight them consecutively. But then again...

Silent Conversation
3rd May 2011, 10:45 PM
I don't think they'll introduce a triple battle so early. IIRC, the first triple/rotation battle you have in BW is with that heartbreaker Charles at the back of the Driftveil City market.

Geekachu
3rd May 2011, 10:53 PM
I don't think they'll introduce a triple battle so early. IIRC, the first triple/rotation battle you have in BW is with that heartbreaker Charles at the back of the Driftveil City market.

It's a bit of a shame really, I mean the only ones I can recall are the one with Charles, then in the battle house in Opelucid City and then with those people in White Forest.

They went through the trouble of creating 6 gimmick Pokemon that promote triple battles and then barely used them (triple battles, that is, as I recall I remember thinking how much use GF squeezed out of the elemental monkeys in game- so many people had them!:O )

Accipitri
3rd May 2011, 10:58 PM
There's also an Ace Trainer near Celestial Tower and in one of the postgame bridges (can't remember the name ><). Charles gives a rotation battle in white and a triple battle in black.
I think they'll do what they did in Emerald and introduce more. Hopefully. If you don't battle everyone you can easily go without doing one ingame which is disappointing.

re: Pokewalker, I think it's worth pointing out that it's probably intended to be a revival of the old Pocket Pikachu toy that could sync up to the original GS. So I can't see why they'd bring it back.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
3rd May 2011, 11:01 PM

Yes but they can change that in gray

Silent Conversation
3rd May 2011, 11:02 PM
But remember, there's also the fact that by the time you get to Striaton, many people only have their starter and their monkey. So they wouldn't force you to have three Pokemon so early in the game.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
3rd May 2011, 11:08 PM
But remember, there's also the fact that by the time you get to Striaton, many people only have their starter and their monkey. So they wouldn't force you to have three Pokemon so early in the game.

I don't think he meant first gym battle. I think he meant in a rematch

Silent Conversation
3rd May 2011, 11:09 PM
In that case, it could work I guess. I just don't see having a normal battle with a leader the first time, and then a triple battle during a rematch. That's like battling Tate and Liza separately during their Emerald rematch. It would feel awkward suddenly switching forms of battling.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
3rd May 2011, 11:10 PM
In that case, it could work I guess. I just don't see having a normal battle with a leader the first time, and then a triple battle during a rematch. That's like battling Tate and Liza separately during their Emerald rematch. It would feel awkward suddenly switching forms of battling.

Yeah I suppose. But I want somehow in some way for there to be a triple battle with the three striation gym leaders

Silent Conversation
3rd May 2011, 11:13 PM
Yeah I suppose. But I want somehow in some way for there to be a triple battle with the three striation gym leaders

That would be cool, but just remember the point of having the three leaders wasn't to be a potential triple battle. It was for newbies at the game to learn about type triangles in actual battle.

SasakiThePikachu
3rd May 2011, 11:16 PM

^This!

Yeah, what made me laugh was that they had the nerve to say 'free pokewalker included!' Yuh-huh, Nintendo. Free pokewalker. That's why the games cost Ł15 more than usual.

I personally hated the triple battles/rotation battles as much as I hated the additon of double battles, so I kinda hope they keep it to a minimum in future games. I just can't be arsed with the strategy involved in such an undertaking... in triple/rotation I just let whatever pokemon comes out in front mow through everything the opponent sets up/whatevers closest, and double battles just plain irk me because I'm a big surf/earthquake user. But that's just me...I know a lot of people enjoy them.

I was very surprised to learn that Cilan/Cress/Chili weren't a triple/rotation battle leader in B&W, given that Tate and Liza were given the double battle gimick back in 3rd gen. I wonder if in 'Gray' they will be...

Blueysicle
3rd May 2011, 11:22 PM

How about having it be the Striaton Gym Leaders vs You/Bianca/Cheren? In the context of the story, you're all close enough friends to begin your journey together, so why not go and get your first badge together? I'm not holding my breath for it to actually happen, but it's a thought.

Silent Conversation
3rd May 2011, 11:24 PM
How about having it be the Striaton Gym Leaders vs You/Bianca/Cheren? In the context of the story, you're all close enough friends to begin your journey together, so why not go and get your first badge together? I'm not holding my breath for it to actually happen, but it's a thought.

On the one hand, that's pretty good, as you'd get the triple battle without having to have more than one Pokemon. On the other hand, I think making you fight your first gym battle with Bianca and Cheren would make it too easy.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
3rd May 2011, 11:26 PM
On the one hand, that's pretty good, as you'd get the triple battle without having to have more than one Pokemon. On the other hand, I think making you fight your first gym battle with Bianca and Cheren would make it too easy.

They should have you do a triple battle with Bianca and Cheren at some point. Maybe against the shadow triad

Silent Conversation
3rd May 2011, 11:31 PM
They should have you do a triple battle with Bianca and Cheren at some point. Maybe against the shadow triad

Oh man, I would LOVE to battle the Shadow Triad in Grey. I don't care if it's a triple battle or not, I just really want to battle them. They were so cool in BW, but they didn't feel that significant considering you didn't have a battle with them. Giving them their own battle would be awesome, and would make them that much cooler.

KickAsh
4th May 2011, 2:06 AM

They could compensate for making it too easy by making Lenora a total b***h to defeat.

Oh wait...
:P

Endoplasmic Reticulum
4th May 2011, 2:22 AM
Oh man, I would LOVE to battle the Shadow Triad in Grey. I don't care if it's a triple battle or not, I just really want to battle them. They were so cool in BW, but they didn't feel that significant considering you didn't have a battle with them. Giving them their own battle would be awesome, and would make them that much cooler.

Meh, I don't really care about battling the Shadow Triad as much as I'd love to have triple tag battles.

Like in the Cold Storage, instead of battling all those grunts separate with you and Cheren, you should just have a triple tag battle with you, Cheren, and Clay vs the plasma grunts

Silent Conversation
4th May 2011, 2:24 AM
The idea of a triple tag battle is kind of interesting, but I don't want it too overused in Gray if they decide to use it. I mean, one or two would be kind of cool, but more than that and it becomes repetitive, plus the idea isn't as cool. Having a little of something makes it that much more valuable, so I think that would be the case for a triple tag battle.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
4th May 2011, 2:42 AM
The idea of a triple tag battle is kind of interesting, but I don't want it too overused in Gray if they decide to use it. I mean, one or two would be kind of cool, but more than that and it becomes repetitive, plus the idea isn't as cool. Having a little of something makes it that much more valuable, so I think that would be the case for a triple tag battle.

But I liked it when they added double tag battles to emerald, so like when you battled with Steven against Maxie that was really cool. Plus they made it even more common in D/P/Pt with those trainers you would travel a dungeon with. So they might do the same with grey and triple tag battles.

Silent Conversation
4th May 2011, 2:48 AM
Having a character tag along with you for a while, I don't have a problem with. I just start feeling kind of bored when all the really important, boss battles are tag battles. Then I just feel like yawning and saying "augh, why won't they let me battle this really important boss by myself already?"

Ememew
4th May 2011, 2:48 AM
Just remember that double and triple mechanics are different. In a tag version, would your character be in the middle? Would you be able to shift to the sides (if I remember right, the game lets you shift positions, but the option can only be chosen on one of the side Pokemon switching to the middle, the option can't be picked from the middle position).

I'm not saying this would prevent it from happening, I'm just saying it's something to consider.

As a side, I've wanted a tag Gym Battle where you team up with a rival ever since Double Battles were first introduced. Striaton's triple battle or a potential double battle alongside either Bianca or Cheren in Opelucid would be sweet! Being tagged up with a Gym Leader against Plasma would be cool too.

I agree it shouldn't be overdone, but it would be nice to see every now and again.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
4th May 2011, 2:54 AM
Having a character tag along with you for a while, I don't have a problem with. I just start feeling kind of bored when all the really important, boss battles are tag battles. Then I just feel like yawning and saying "augh, why won't they let me battle this really important boss by myself already?"
I didn't mean all the time, I just mean like once or twice. Such as in Cold Storage, or like in N's castle where you faceoff against the Shadow Triad

Just remember that double and triple mechanics are different. In a tag version, would your character be in the middle? Would you be able to shift to the sides (if I remember right, the game lets you shift positions, but the option can only be chosen on one of the side Pokemon switching to the middle, the option can't be picked from the middle position).

I'm not saying this would prevent it from happening, I'm just saying it's something to consider.

As a side, I've wanted a tag Gym Battle where you team up with a rival ever since Double Battles were first introduced. Striaton's triple battle or a potential double battle alongside either Bianca or Cheren in Opelucid would be sweet! Being tagged up with a Gym Leader against Plasma would be cool too.

I agree it shouldn't be overdone, but it would be nice to see every now and again.

Yeah I guess, I never really thought of that. And there have been double tag battles where you team up with your rival. Like in DPPt where you team up with Barry to battle Mars and Jupiter and then later on against Flint and Volkner. Or in HGSS where you team up with Silver to battle Lance and Clair

Ang3l
4th May 2011, 12:08 PM
Can someone please PM me ans tell me how I get the different C-gear skins and pokedex faces?

Mr. Joker
4th May 2011, 1:39 PM
Can someone please PM me ans tell me how I get the different C-gear skins and pokedex faces?

Global Link -> Customize.

Mister_SGG
4th May 2011, 1:50 PM

Black and White Help Thread.

KibaLG8
4th May 2011, 7:28 PM
When the sister-game for Black & White comes out, who do you think will be the 8th Gym leader? Iris, Drayden, new person? I only have White, so I battled Iris but I would like to fight Drayden as well.

Orton155
4th May 2011, 7:31 PM
When the sister-game for Black & White comes out, who do you think will be the 8th Gym leader? Iris, Drayden, new person? I only have White, so I battled Iris but I would like to fight Drayden as well.

I think it will either be a new person or Drayden will give you a choice to battle him or his daughter. I hope it will be a dragon double multi battle because that would be very different but this is highly unlikely in my opinion.

Aurath8
4th May 2011, 7:50 PM
I think it will either be a new person or Drayden will give you a choice to battle him or his daughter. I hope it will be a dragon double multi battle because that would be very different but this is highly unlikely in my opinion.

Do you seriously think Iris is Drayden's daughter?

Dr. Leggs
4th May 2011, 7:55 PM
Do you seriously think Iris is Drayden's daughter?

No need to be rude.

Iris has been confirmed not to be Drayden's daughter, they're unrelated.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
4th May 2011, 7:57 PM
I think that it will be a double battle.

That or they replace the 8th gym leader, but they've already done that in Emerald

Silent Conversation
4th May 2011, 10:04 PM
Wait, I thought that Iris was Drayden's granddaughter. Iris looks really young, while Drayden looks very old, so that would support that relation.

Larry
4th May 2011, 10:05 PM
I think that it will be a double battle.

That or they replace the 8th gym leader, but they've already done that in Emerald

What's stopping them from doing it again?

Silent Conversation
4th May 2011, 10:06 PM

Well, creativity. If they replace the 8th gym leader in the third game again, then people will almost start expecting it in every third game, and it could become a bit of a tradition, so to speak.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
4th May 2011, 10:07 PM

It would be repetitious. Like I was unhappy when it was rumoured Volkner would be replaced in Platinum

Orton155
4th May 2011, 10:13 PM
No need to be rude.

Iris has been confirmed not to be Drayden's daughter, they're unrelated.

Thank you for your 'no need to be rude' it is appreciated by me and thank you, I didn't know that. Infact I don't even know why I thought that, must have got it into my head and never checked it out lol.

Larry
4th May 2011, 10:13 PM
Well, creativity. If they replace the 8th gym leader in the third game again, then people will almost start expecting it in every third game, and it could become a bit of a tradition, so to speak.

Because it could happen twice in 15 games?

Dr. Leggs
4th May 2011, 10:18 PM
Wait, I thought that Iris was Drayden's granddaughter. Iris looks really young, while Drayden looks very old, so that would support that relation.

One child and one old person do not immediately "support" the notion that they are related.

It's been confirmed (as in, by the producers) that they aren't related.

Silent Conversation
4th May 2011, 10:23 PM
It's been confirmed (as in, by the producers) that they aren't related.

Well, I guess there's no arguing with that then.

EQWashu
4th May 2011, 11:05 PM
I have a quick question regarding the Entree system for traveling to Black City in a White game version: If I don't know anyone locally w/ a Black version cartridge, am I screwed? Thanks guys!

-EQ, anxiously awaiting her DW Espeon! :D

Silent Conversation
4th May 2011, 11:06 PM
Sorry, but yeah, you're screwed.

Venomfang
5th May 2011, 1:43 AM
What if GF introduced Three-way battles into the series, like at the end of The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly?

Silent Conversation
5th May 2011, 1:57 AM
You mean three different trainers all battling each other? That would get way too hectic.

KibaLG8
5th May 2011, 2:04 AM

I would like that as well, They both are on 2 platforms at the gym and you reach which ever gym leader you'd like to battle, that or a double battle is fine with me. I don't think a third person will replace either one because both Iris & Drayden have the same Pokemon aside from one being all female & one being all male... what will this 3rd person bring to the table?

LoneKiller1992
5th May 2011, 3:33 PM
Has anyone else had their game (Black or White) lag or freeze on them? :S

Silent Conversation
5th May 2011, 4:36 PM
Nope, hasn't happened to me.

LoneKiller1992
5th May 2011, 4:41 PM
Nope, hasn't happened to me.
Huh.

Well it's happening to me :S it usually lags whenever I'm on the bicycle when entering a new route, or crossing the small bridges in Nimbasa (where it first, and still, happened). I think it's just to do with loading but I'm getting a bit concerned.

It even froze on me the other day, whilst on GTSNegotiations.

Silent Conversation
5th May 2011, 4:42 PM
Freezing during GTS shouldn't be that much of a problem, the bigger concern is lagging when you go on your bike. Does this happen in most of your DS games? Because if so, then it may be your DS, but if not, it may be your particular Black cartridge.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
5th May 2011, 4:55 PM
Freezing during GTS shouldn't be that much of a problem, the bigger concern is lagging when you go on your bike. Does this happen in most of your DS games? Because if so, then it may be your DS, but if not, it may be your particular Black cartridge.

Stole the words right out of my mouth

Orton155
5th May 2011, 5:46 PM
Huh.

Well it's happening to me :S it usually lags whenever I'm on the bicycle when entering a new route, or crossing the small bridges in Nimbasa (where it first, and still, happened). I think it's just to do with loading but I'm getting a bit concerned.

It even froze on me the other day, whilst on GTSNegotiations.

The nimbasa 'slow down' is well known and has been well discussed in the glitch thread which isn't really glitch but thats not the point. Anyway, this happens to be me too everytime I go from the pokemon center to the sports dome over the closest bridge but quite specific conditions are required. So anyway, you don't need to worry about it because as you said it is probably just a 'slow down' due to excessive loading. Hope this reassures you a little and you don't need to worry about it.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
5th May 2011, 6:23 PM
Hmm, I haven't really noticed the Nimbassa 'slow down'

Valoo.
5th May 2011, 6:32 PM
I've noticed it once, and I've noticed it on a bike in Nuvema town.

Silent Conversation
5th May 2011, 6:32 PM
Maybe I've just gotten lucky, because it hasn't affected me at all.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
5th May 2011, 6:36 PM
Hmm...now that I recall it does sound familiar. Maybe I was affected but I didn't notice

Orton155
5th May 2011, 6:41 PM
Maybe I've just gotten lucky, because it hasn't affected me at all.

Maybe you are very lucky, maybe you could try it. Basically go to nimbasa's pokemon center, and ride right and then up but make sure you are lined up to go over the bridge directly in the middle of it.

Silent Conversation
5th May 2011, 6:41 PM
Hm, I'll try it. For all I know, I could have been affected, I just wasn't really paying attention at a time like that.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
5th May 2011, 6:51 PM
Yeah...same. I may try it when I get home

LoneKiller1992
5th May 2011, 6:59 PM

Nah, it's only happened with Black. I've never experienced anything like it in HG, which is the only other pokémon DS game I have.

The nimbasa 'slow down' is well known and has been well discussed in the glitch thread which isn't really glitch but thats not the point. Anyway, this happens to be me too everytime I go from the pokemon center to the sports dome over the closest bridge but quite specific conditions are required. So anyway, you don't need to worry about it because as you said it is probably just a 'slow down' due to excessive loading. Hope this reassures you a little and you don't need to worry about it.

Phew! I was begining to wonder if it might've been some sort of glich, but thank you nonetheless for puting my mind at ease :)

Glad to know it's not an actual problem! Other places I've experienced this is when traveling to Giant Chasm, when I go through the small route of trees before cave enterence. I sometimes get lag there too.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
5th May 2011, 7:24 PM
I've never lagged in Giant Chasm. And I don't think I noticed it because I was in deep concentration as I was navigating myself through there

Silent Conversation
5th May 2011, 7:26 PM
May I ask if this lag is very minor or really noticeable? Because if it's minor, it's very possible it happened to me, but if it's very noticeable, I would have noticed it by now.

Valoo.
5th May 2011, 7:34 PM
Not really. If you're not paying much attention, you won't noticed it. I only saw it in Nimbasa because I had heard of it before.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
5th May 2011, 7:35 PM
To me Nimbassa sounds familiar, Giant Chasm doesn't

Silent Conversation
5th May 2011, 7:36 PM
Not really. If you're not paying much attention, you won't noticed it. I only saw it in Nimbasa because I had heard of it before.

In that case I'll check later, because it easily could have happened to me, I just wasn't concentrating.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
5th May 2011, 7:42 PM
Yeah I'll check too maybe

LoneKiller1992
5th May 2011, 7:53 PM
I've never lagged in Giant Chasm. And I don't think I noticed it because I was in deep concentration as I was navigating myself through there

Not in Giant Chasm, the bit before that. It's the passage of trees you pass through to get to it, from the right of Lacunosa Town, just after the bit where there used to be a pit (assuming you've pushed the baulder into it). That's just a frame of reference, it actually happens a bit further than that, the bit before the depression with lots of bushes and the entrence to the chasm itself. There(ish). That's where I've seen it.

May I ask if this lag is very minor or really noticeable? Because if it's minor, it's very possible it happened to me, but if it's very noticeable, I would have noticed it by now.

Well, it barely lasts a full second, but I always seem to notice it, even when I'm not paying that much attention. I only don't notice when I'm not looking at the screen at the time of lag. It's minor, yes, but it's rather noticable to me.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
5th May 2011, 7:58 PM
Not in Giant Chasm, the bit before that. It's the passage of trees you pass through to get to it, from the right of Lacunosa Town, just after the bit where there used to be a pit (assuming you've pushed the baulder into it). That's just a frame of reference, it actually happens a bit further than that, the bit before the depression with lots of bushes and the entrence to the chasm itself. There(ish). That's where I've seen it.

Well, it barely lasts a full second, but I always seem to notice it, even when I'm not paying that much attention. I only don't notice when I'm not looking at the screen at the time of lag. It's minor, yes, but it's rather noticable to me.
I actually went by there a lot, to keep on rotating teams to try to catch Kyurem, I'm surprised it doesn't sound familiar

LoneKiller1992
5th May 2011, 8:00 PM
I actually went by there a lot, to keep on rotating teams to try to catch Kyurem, I'm surprised it doesn't sound familiar
Huh. It might just be me then. I'll check again later on, see if I'm not seeing things.
I have noticed it though. I'll try again to just confirm.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
5th May 2011, 8:02 PM
Huh. It might just be me then. I'll check again later on, see if I'm not seeing things.
I have noticed it though. I'll try again to just confirm.

I dunno, maybe because I was so frustrated I barely focused when I was going through there...

LoneKiller1992
5th May 2011, 8:08 PM
I dunno, maybe because I was so frustrated I barely focused when I was going there...
I've just gone and tried again, and you're right, it's barely even noticable. I can understand why you walked right over it. It seems to be at the point where you just cross over the far edge of the boulder. It's very minute, though. It's noticable in the trees, the jut every so slightly. I'm even surprised I managed to notice it. Maybe I paying attention but not enough so I could've ignored it when I first saw it.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
5th May 2011, 8:15 PM
I've just gone and tried again, and you're right, it's barely even noticable. I can understand why you walked right over it. It seems to be at the point where you just cross over the far edge of the boulder. It's very minute, though. It's noticable in the trees, the jut every so slightly. I'm even surprised I managed to notice it. Maybe I paying attention but not enough so I could've ignored it when I first saw it.[/COLOR]

Yeah I'll try it out and I'll see if I notice it

EQWashu
5th May 2011, 9:19 PM
Sorry, but yeah, you're screwed.

Baka :P thanks guys!

-EQ, anxiously awaiting her DW Espeon!

Silent Conversation
5th May 2011, 10:16 PM
Off topic, EQWashu, are you going to put that "anxiously awaiting her DW Espeon!" thing in every post you make until you actually get your DW Espeon?

manifesto
5th May 2011, 10:36 PM
It's probably his/her post signature. I forget what it's actually called but there's an option where you have something like that at the end of a post. Kind of like how Cobalt Latios always has a /CL at the end of his/her posts.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
5th May 2011, 10:59 PM
It's probably his/her post signature. I forget what it's actually called but there's an option where you have something like that at the end of a post. Kind of like how Cobalt Latios always has a /CL at the end of his/her posts.

You can do that? Oh I see that's how woo21 does "woot21 out dawgs". I thought they just always do it themselves. How do you do that, that would be so cool!

manifesto
5th May 2011, 11:05 PM
It's in the user CP. I remember stumbling upon it while looking how to change the thing under my name haha. I forget how exactly I came upon it though.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
5th May 2011, 11:08 PM
It's in the user CP. I remember stumbling upon it while looking how to change the thing under my name haha. I forget how exactly I came upon it though.

Hmm...I'll check it out.

edit: I can't find it

DBK
5th May 2011, 11:23 PM
Hmm...I'll check it out.

edit: I can't find it

Yeah, neither can I.

Little help please? :D

Endoplasmic Reticulum
5th May 2011, 11:24 PM
Isn't being off topic fun? :D

Chaos Rush
6th May 2011, 12:07 AM
Yo guys I think I have an idea of what will be done in Pokemon Gray/Chrome/Crimson/Hotpink. First, look at the official Unova map:
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/4/42/Unova_alt.png

Look at where Black City and White Forest is. We see a strange mixture of tall black buildings with lots of trees. Then look at where Opelucid City is. The left side has its White version look, while the right side has it's Black version look.

And yeah, I know what for Emerald and Platinum they made new artwork of their respective regions, but it's still a possibility that we'lll be getting a mix of Black City and White Forest, and Opelucid City will be divided in half with the left side being all old, and the right side being all futuristic.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
6th May 2011, 12:12 AM
Yo guys I think I have an idea of what will be done in Pokemon Gray/Chrome/Crimson/Hotpink. First, look at the official Unova map:
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/4/42/Unova_alt.png

Look at where Black City and White Forest is. We see a strange mixture of tall black buildings with lots of trees. Then look at where Opelucid City is. The left side has its White version look, while the right side has it's Black version look.

And yeah, I know what for Emerald and Platinum they made new artwork of their respective regions, but it's still a possibility that we'lll be getting a mix of Black City and White Forest, and Opelucid City will be divided in half with the left side being all old, and the right side being all futuristic.

Your first point - There's a nickname for that, it is called "Grey Suburb"
Your second point (referring to Opelucid) - that would be really cool

DBK
6th May 2011, 12:14 AM
Your first point - There's a nickname for that, it is called "Crimson Ruins"
Your second point (referring to Opelucid) - that would be really cool

Fixed :)

For Opelucid....that would just be weird.... :o

Hejiru
6th May 2011, 12:24 AM
Fixed :)

Uhhh.... Gray Suburb sounds a lot better.

Excitable Boy
6th May 2011, 12:25 AM
Also, they'd have to make Grey Suburb/Crimson Ruins/Cobalt Volcano compatible with BW.

manifesto
6th May 2011, 12:27 AM
Wow..that map makes Unova seem so barren...

Anywho, I like the idea of suburbs. But honestly, let's make it easier to work with and start the timer when you actually first walk into the city.

Carina
6th May 2011, 12:39 AM
My personal suggestion: More water routes and islands! ;)

Paradoxe
6th May 2011, 12:39 AM
But seriously guys, what would you do in the suburbs? Break into peoples' houses? Just sayin'.

And...why is the Nimbasa amusement park just a Ferris Wheel and a Gym?

BCVM22
6th May 2011, 12:41 AM
And...why is the Nimbasa amusement park just a Ferris Wheel and a Gym?

It's a ferris wheel and a roller coaster that just happens to be inside a gym. And even if that's where you feel the amusement park itself ends, the city has two sports venues and the musical hall.

Think of the city as a giant entertainment complex, if that makes more sense.

manifesto
6th May 2011, 12:43 AM
But seriously guys, what would you do in the suburbs? Break into peoples' houses? Just sayin'.

Maybe battle people AND find pokemon? It would likely be a mix of the two separate entities of the forest and the city.

Paradoxe
6th May 2011, 12:51 AM
Whatisthisidonteven....

Why would you find Pokemon in the suburbs?!? All you might find is a Pikachu or a Pidgey...

Endoplasmic Reticulum
6th May 2011, 12:55 AM
My personal suggestion: More water routes and islands! ;)

That's the reason why everyone hates Hoenn.

DBK
6th May 2011, 1:15 AM

But...but....I liked Hoenn... :(

manifesto
6th May 2011, 1:19 AM
Whatisthisidonteven....

Why would you find Pokemon in the suburbs?!? All you might find is a Pikachu or a Pidgey...

First of all, there's a house in White Forest. Putting a few others around there wouldn't make it into OMG HUMAN DEVELOPED LAND NO POKEMON CAN LIVE HERE OMG OMG OMG OMG!

Also, plenty of routes in plenty of games they have routes with grass directly next to the biggest cities (not to mention the ones with houses etc. on them oh and the pokemon mansion in D/P/Pt). You can have a community where pokemon and people live in conjunction with one another.

I know so many more people who like Hoenn than hate it :X

Maybe it's just something people hate about Hoenn.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
6th May 2011, 1:19 AM
But...but....I liked Hoenn... :(

I like Hoenn too but a lot of people hate it because of that fact. And it's a huge downside for me too (it would be my favourite region if it wasn't for all the water)

Silent Conversation
6th May 2011, 1:20 AM
I loved the amount of islands in Hoenn, but I do dislike how many water routes there were. However, the one aspect of the water I liked was having to Dive and go to a certain place underwater to get to a city. That was amazingly creative.

Ang3l
6th May 2011, 1:26 AM
I don't know where to post this, but can someone please tell me how to get the C-gear skins? The ones of Charizard and Blastoise etc.?

Silent Conversation
6th May 2011, 1:28 AM
I don't know where to post this, but can someone please tell me how to get the C-gear skins? The ones of Charizard and Blastoise etc.?

I don't think they're available in the US yet.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
6th May 2011, 1:29 AM
I loved the amount of islands in Hoenn, but I do dislike how many water routes there were. However, the one aspect of the water I liked was having to Dive and go to a certain place underwater to get to a city. That was amazingly creative.
Yeah that was creative. But I hated surfing to all those cities, I really did

Silent Conversation
6th May 2011, 1:30 AM
I also didn't like how most of the second half of the game was navigating water. There was so much giant water space and very few landmarks to tell you where exactly you were, so it became very annoying to find an exact destination.

manifesto
6th May 2011, 1:30 AM

Same here. But you know what was actually really nice about the water routes? They gave a sense of freedom not normally found in Pokemon games. While you had to stay in a certain area, you were in a sandbox which felt really cool.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
6th May 2011, 1:34 AM
I also didn't like how most of the second half of the game was navigating water. There was so much giant water space and very few landmarks to tell you where exactly you were, so it became very annoying to find an exact destination.

During my first or second playthroughs, I was trying to find my way to Mosdeep but accidentally stumbled across Pacifidlog

Silent Conversation
6th May 2011, 1:35 AM
Haha, I think I might have done that too :p

manifesto
6th May 2011, 1:36 AM
This makes the Town Map a useful item though. There are plenty ways to combat getting lost haha

Silent Conversation
6th May 2011, 1:37 AM
But the water routes are so big and the Town Map is so vague, that doesn't even help all that much.

KickAsh
6th May 2011, 1:39 AM
I really loved Hoenn, but I did find all that surfing to be annoying, though. Like finding Mossdeep City...that took ages, and I was bombarded by Tentacools left and right.

Hoenn is based on the island of Kyushu, which interestingly enough is noted more for its mountainous layout more than any real watery geography. I suppose the reason GameFreak made Hoenn so aquatic was because of the fact that, after all, Kyushu is an island.

Same here. But you know what was actually really nice about the water routes? They gave a sense of freedom not normally found in Pokemon games. While you had to stay in a certain area, you were in a sandbox which felt really cool.
Except I used so many Max Repels I'm sure I single-handedly burned a hole in Hoenn's ozone layer.

During my first or second playthroughs, I was trying to find my way to Mosdeep but accidentally stumbled across Pacifidlog
I did that trying to find Sootopolis City, and I was bowled over. I had no idea Pacifidlog Town even existed. It was neat to find it.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
6th May 2011, 1:40 AM
And it's annoying how you come across a Tentacool/Wingull every two seconds

manifesto
6th May 2011, 1:43 AM
Maybe there will be at least more pokemon to find around this time. I'm just overly positive about everything in these games haha. I loved Hoenn like crazy, and I'm sure they'll do something about it in the remakes.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
6th May 2011, 1:44 AM
Maybe there will be at least more pokemon to find around this time. I'm just overly positive about everything in these games haha. I loved Hoenn like crazy, and I'm sure they'll do something about it in the remakes.

I doubt it. And I still really adore Hoenn (it would be my favourite if it wasn't for all that water)

Silent Conversation
6th May 2011, 1:45 AM
The two best things they can do in the RS remakes is either make the water routes a bit shorter, or to add more noticeable landmarks in the water routes to help people remember where they are and how close that is to the nearest city.

manifesto
6th May 2011, 1:54 AM
I still loved the sandbox feel the water had. It made things nice since you know, it's the ocean, it's gotta be open. Landmarks though would be cool. Though that guy's house that gives you the stones for shards was a good landmark for mossdeep. I found navigating easy personally, I'm just good with directions I guess.

Silent Conversation
6th May 2011, 1:56 AM
I wouldn't say navigation was difficult, it was just very annoying and tedious.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
6th May 2011, 1:58 AM
The two best things they can do in the RS remakes is either make the water routes a bit shorter, or to add more noticeable landmarks in the water routes to help people remember where they are and how close that is to the nearest city.
I doubt they will do either

I still loved the sandbox feel the water had. It made things nice since you know, it's the ocean, it's gotta be open. Landmarks though would be cool. Though that guy's house that gives you the stones for shards was a good landmark for mossdeep. I found navigating easy personally, I'm just good with directions I guess.
I guess but I didn't hate it for how hard it is to navigate, but because I was encountering those damn Tentacools every two seconds. I know I can use repels, but it's really a waste of money

manifesto
6th May 2011, 2:05 AM
Oh yeah, the encounter rate was horrible. But they could always change that within the game without changing the layout.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
6th May 2011, 2:11 AM
Oh yeah, the encounter rate was horrible. But they could always change that within the game without changing the layout.

I really doubt they will change anything major location wise

manifesto
6th May 2011, 2:12 AM
Yeah, exactly. That's what I was saying. The encounter rate is the problem. That's just programming. They can fix that.

Carina
6th May 2011, 2:17 AM

Nice to see other Hoenn fans piping up. :)

Maybe part of it was that the water routes and oceans made Hoenn feel SO much bigger and more free...something that I feel is missing in Unova. I guess that's why I adore route 17 (just north-west of Nuvema) as well as route 14 with all those rivers and waterfalls leading to tucked away places.

manifesto
6th May 2011, 2:19 AM
Exactly! Hoenn's biggest calling card was the amount of exploration for me. I LOVED digging around places to find secrets or secret bases that my friends hadn't already taken up.

Chaos Rush
6th May 2011, 2:20 AM
I really doubt they will change anything major location wise

...uh, dude.

They added a friggin' river to Route 45.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
6th May 2011, 2:25 AM
...uh, dude.

They added a friggin' river to Route 45.

Oh true, I forgot about that

Silent Conversation
6th May 2011, 3:13 AM
Hoenn definitely had exploration, but most people want a bit of a general guideline for exploring. With the water routes, they just showed you into a place that's all blue, and you had no idea where you were, let alone where anything else could possibly be.

smashbro77
6th May 2011, 3:21 AM
lol about the water routes, one time i was surfing somewhere between sootopolis and mossdeep city (i think those are the names, cant really remember) and i got hopelessly lost. I would have just turned the game off but i found and captured latias while surfing. I also for some reason didnt have my flier or any pokemon that could learn it. Took me like an hour to finally find land (im probably exaggerating but it felt long). Painful memory but funny looking back at it now.

i think it would be cool to instead of making ruby and saphire remakes they made an emerald and yellow remake. That would be pretty cool

manifesto
6th May 2011, 3:24 AM
Hoenn definitely had exploration, but most people want a bit of a general guideline for exploring. With the water routes, they just showed you into a place that's all blue, and you had no idea where you were, let alone where anything else could possibly be.

If you played the games like I played them you'd have an idea where you were...I knew exactly which dive spot led where and where I was the entire time...I also logged almost 400 hours into the game...I really really loved Hoenn and you really had to notice little things like rock formations etc. to get a bearing of where you were.

Not to mention, most of the game was straightforward like every other game. It had a good mix I think of sandbox and straightforward gameplay.

MetalFlygon08
6th May 2011, 3:28 AM
Really, all's they have to do to fix the water route issue is this

-Add some rocks shaped in certain shapes to help point you in the right direction
-Add Mantyke(tine), and Finneon to the ocean water routes.
-Have a Healing Hut floating somewhere in the ocean for use.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
6th May 2011, 3:29 AM
The thing I like about Hoenn is that two different cities far away from each other in the game can be connected. Like Vertunturf and Rustboro, that was cool

manifesto
6th May 2011, 3:39 AM
Yeah, that and it just had so many different places in it. Think about it: Volcano area, rainforest, water, desert, mountains, everything. The places you can go were just plain awesome. Not to mention I think it had the best regional pokedex of all the games IMO.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
6th May 2011, 3:50 AM
Yeah, I agree with you there. Except I kind of liked the Sinnoh region a bit better

Wait, where's the rain forest?

manifesto
6th May 2011, 4:03 AM
The entire area between mauville/fortree/lilycove. It's rainy and foresty so it's more of a tropical island forest. But you get my point.

I ruined Sinnoh for myself with spoilers, I like it more now than I did, but it was a hard road to get to like it.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
6th May 2011, 5:15 AM
The entire area between mauville/fortree/lilycove. It's rainy and foresty so it's more of a tropical island forest. But you get my point.

I ruined Sinnoh for myself with spoilers, I like it more now than I did, but it was a hard road to get to like it.

Oh true, I now realize it.

And I used to hate Sinnoh too, but now I'm very fond of it. Except after what you've been saying I'm not sure if I prefer Hoenn or Sinnoh.

manifesto
6th May 2011, 5:33 AM
Sinnoh is a nice place with a lot of areas to visit, which I like. Hoenn just appeals to me since I like warm weather and Hoenn seemed so warm. Sinnoh meanwhile, for the most part seems very cold. Not fun for me haha.

Every region has its attractiveness though. I used to think Johto was the best, but I just replayed Emerald and I realize how much I loved Hoenn for all the exploration one can do in it. Half sunken ships, underwater, random bike spots, secret bases (if there are remakes I REALLY hope they bring these back.) There isn't a single thing in Hoenn I don't fondly remember.

MetalFlygon08
6th May 2011, 7:31 AM
Also Hoenn had an Icy Area in Shoal Cave, which that entire cave in general was awsome, the quest for salt and shells!

Carina
6th May 2011, 9:08 AM
Also Hoenn had an Icy Area in Shoal Cave, which that entire cave in general was awsome, the quest for salt and shells!
Oh yeah, the cave with the rising tides and stuff! :D

If we're going to talk about annoying routes, the entire snowy area between Snowpoint City and Route 216 annoys me more than the entire ocean in Hoenn.

The underwater area in Unova was so limited (and no underwater pokemon) - a bit disappointing after the freedom we had when Diving in Hoenn. In comparison, the Unova one felt tacked on.

Silent Conversation
6th May 2011, 12:40 PM
The Unova Diving was definitely tackled on. You went to Undella, someone was just, "Here, take Dive! You're going to need it A LOT!" You go to the Abyssal Ruins to do one puzzle, and then you never use it again. Instead of making you learn a whole new HM, they should have just thought of a different way for you to access the Abyssal Ruins... even if they made you take a submarine or something.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
6th May 2011, 3:27 PM
Yeah I know I was really disappointed

s2daam
6th May 2011, 6:58 PM
Hoenn.. that was my first real reigon I focused on. I loved everything. The one thing that I love is the fact it took so long to get places. It wasn't structured that much.. you could easily get lost in the water parts.

I don't hate them.. but long routes with hundreds of Pokémon you caught up with. It's very annoying.

One thing.. Obviously, the remakes will see Sinnoh and Unova pokémon involved.. but how will they introduce Unova Pokémon. A main aspect about B&W is that the reigon was so far away from the rest. I'd like to see something to introduce them into the reigon rather than just stick them in.

I hope they don't really change anything interms of locations.. although I wouldn't mind if they added a new element to it. How about something ala The Sevii Islands? I just think adding something new like that would make it top notch.

Valoo.
6th May 2011, 7:04 PM
They'd probably do something like the Poke-radar or Sinnoh/Hoenn sound. And have the Safari Zone extension or something like that. And swarms etc.

TheEpicGoomba
6th May 2011, 7:07 PM
The Unova Diving was definitely tackled on. You went to Undella, someone was just, "Here, take Dive! You're going to need it A LOT!" You go to the Abyssal Ruins to do one puzzle, and then you never use it again. Instead of making you learn a whole new HM, they should have just thought of a different way for you to access the Abyssal Ruins... even if they made you take a submarine or something.

Yeah I think they should've given you Dive earlier and make you have to use to complete the story. Not for some sidequest

EDIT:200 posts

Witchan
6th May 2011, 7:10 PM

I agree, the HM Dive was a total waste in Unova. They should've thought about another HM with a new move instead of freaking Dive.

MetalFlygon08
6th May 2011, 7:36 PM
I bet DIve was just added for Hoenn Compatibility.

IMO to extend the Hoenn Dex to 250 would be nice.

Add All Prevolutions and Evolutions of the gen 3 pokemon.
Add the Finneon line
Add the Yamask line (To the Mirage Tower)
Add Sandile's Line
Add Woobat's line (it's based on a tropical bat anyways)
Add Vanilite's line (to shoal cave)

Change E4 teams to
Sidney-Crawdaunt, Cacturne, Mighteyena, Krookodile, Absol
Pheobe-Dusclops, Banette, Sablye, Cofagrigus, Dusknoir
Glacia-Vaniluxe, Glalie, Froslass, Sealo,Walrein
Drake-Bagon, Flygon, Altaria, Kingdra, Salamence

Steven-Skarmory, Magnezone, Armaldo, Craydilly, Aggron, Metagross.

Valoo.
6th May 2011, 8:02 PM

IMO to extend the Hoenn Dex to 250 would be nice.

Add All Prevolutions and Evolutions of the gen 3 pokemon.
Add the Finneon line
Add the Yamask line (To the Mirage Tower)
Add Sandile's Line
Add Woobat's line (it's based on a tropical bat anyways)
Add Vanilite's line (to shoal cave)

Change E4 teams to
Sidney-Crawdaunt, Cacturne, Mighteyena, Krookodile, Absol
Pheobe-Dusclops, Banette, Sablye, Cofagrigus, Dusknoir
Glacia-Vaniluxe, Glalie, Froslass, Sealo,Walrein
Drake-Bagon, Flygon, Altaria, Kingdra, Salamence

Steven-Skarmory, Magnezone, Armaldo, Craydilly, Aggron, Metagross.
While it would be cool, I don't see them doing that pre-Elite 4

Geekachu
6th May 2011, 8:45 PM
Whoah, ideas about RS remakes already?! :O I have so many wishes for it, but I'm gonna wait for an announcement of some sort.

MetalFlygon08
6th May 2011, 8:58 PM
While it would be cool, I don't see them doing that pre-Elite 4

For some I can see, mainly the ones for added evolution, like Froslass, Dusknoir, and Kingdra (B/C Emerald teams are better)

Silent Conversation
6th May 2011, 8:59 PM

That doesn't even work, though, because the Poketransfer doesn't allow you to transfer Pokemon that have HMs in their current move set.

Dr. Leggs
6th May 2011, 9:06 PM
That doesn't even work, though, because the Poketransfer doesn't allow you to transfer Pokemon that have HMs in their current move set.

/facepalm

As in, trading with R/S remakes.

s2daam
6th May 2011, 9:07 PM
Whoah, ideas about RS remakes already?! :O I have so many wishes for it, but I'm gonna wait for an announcement of some sort.

We need something to talk about :P To be honest there should be a thread for the future releases... but there a little strict tbh :L

Silent Conversation
6th May 2011, 9:20 PM
As in, trading with R/S remakes.

I could just be having a stupid moment, but I still don't see why it's necessary. As long as they give the move Dive to certain Pokemon in the R/S remakes, why do Pokemon need to be able to use it in BW? All you would have to do is trade a water Pokemon from BW to R/S remakes, and then use your Dive HM that's in your R/S remake to teach it to that Pokemon.

Dragin990
6th May 2011, 9:21 PM
who all here doesnt like vaivanilluxe?

Silent Conversation
6th May 2011, 9:22 PM
I love Vanilluxe. It was a great ice type with good special attack and some great defenses.

Dragin990
6th May 2011, 9:23 PM
That's true, but I don't like wat they made it out to be.

Silent Conversation
6th May 2011, 9:24 PM
Its design could be kind of stupid, but I almost think it's kind of cute. Who doesn't want to be facing a strong opponent and then end up defeating him with your ice cream?

Dragin990
6th May 2011, 9:25 PM
They could have done better than an ice cream cone with a spoon on its head. No offense to anyone. Like you said, its sp atk is off the charts

Dragin990
6th May 2011, 9:26 PM
when u put it that way...
"Blizzard!" 327 flavors attack! lol
that makes it cute yea ^^

Dragin990
6th May 2011, 9:27 PM
Hey, do u have any tips on catching Kyurem? I'm battilin him now.

Silent Conversation
6th May 2011, 9:29 PM
Now that we're on the subject on Vanilluxe, I'm officially calling that in Grey, Vanillite will be like Shellos, who has multiple forms depending on where you find it. Eastern Unova can be chocolate form, Western Unova can be vanilla form, and the center (like Castelia, Nimbasa, Opelucid and near the E4) can be strawberry form.

Dragin990
6th May 2011, 9:32 PM
interesting. well, shellos only has 2 forms. the pink or female form, and the blue or boy form. correct me if I'm wrong.

In a way, could eevee's night/day evolutions be added to this?

DBK
6th May 2011, 9:33 PM
Hey, do u have any tips on catching Kyurem? I'm battilin him now.

False Swipe, Sleep-Inducing move, Dusk Ball, Pray :)

Silent Conversation
6th May 2011, 9:35 PM
Yes, Shellos does have 2 forms, but it can be changed for Vanillite's case to make 3. It's not like the 2 forms have been done a million times before, and it's become some sort of tradition.

And what do you mean with the Eevee thing? Vanillite starts vanilla, and if it evolves in the day it becomes strawberry while if it evolves at night in becomes chocolate?

Dragin990
6th May 2011, 9:36 PM
lol I'm prayin to get him in a great ball. ^^ wish me luck!:571:;373;;491;;248;;395;

Dragin990
6th May 2011, 9:38 PM
exactly, Espeon = eevee morning

umbreon = eevee night
if i'm not mistaken

Well, I've gtg. Tty guys l8r. ^^

DBK
lol I'm prayin to get him in a great ball. ^^ wish me luck!:571:;373;;491;;248;;395;

lol You're gonna need an act of Arceus, then. :p

Orton155
I could just be having a stupid moment, but I still don't see why it's necessary. As long as they give the move Dive to certain Pokemon in the R/S remakes, why do Pokemon need to be able to use it in BW? All you would have to do is trade a water Pokemon from BW to R/S remakes, and then use your Dive HM that's in your R/S remake to teach it to that Pokemon.

I think you've got the wrong end of the stick. I don't think Metalflygon is saying that Dive is in there because they need it in Black and white for a R/S remake to be possible. They are just putting dive into black and white because there is a possibility that there will be R/S remakes and this is one of the features that Ruby and Sapphire are associated with. So its not because Gamefreak had to, but it is because they wanted to due to the probable R/S remakes.

Silent Conversation
6th May 2011, 9:39 PM
Well, people catch really tough legendaries in Pokeballs or Premiere Balls, so it could happen with a Great Ball. It will just be a very long time filled with suffering and annoyance.

EDIT: Orton, if that's the case, then I guess I understand, but I still don't agree it's necessary considering it would just be a foreshadowing element in that case.

Orton155
6th May 2011, 9:44 PM
EDIT: Orton, if that's the case, then I guess I understand, but I still don't agree it's necessary considering it would just be a foreshadowing element in that case.

I'm not saying it is necessary in any way,shape or form. Gamefreak was posed with a choice, not a necessity.

Silent Conversation
6th May 2011, 9:49 PM
Well, in that case, I guess you have a point. I just don't agree with the decision, though.

KickAsh
6th May 2011, 11:46 PM
the pink or female form, and the blue or boy form. correct me if I'm wrong.
You're half wrong. Shellos formes are not based on gender.
Pink Shellos is the West Sea forme, the blue is the East Sea forme.

LoneKiller1992
7th May 2011, 1:24 PM
Yanno what I miss in Black/White? How 'L' does not = 'A' anymore.

Silent Conversation
7th May 2011, 2:25 PM
Oh, well I never used 'L' in the previous Pokemon games I played, so I don't really care about that.

LoneKiller1992
7th May 2011, 2:28 PM
Oh, well I never used 'L' in the previous Pokemon games I played, so I don't really care about that.
I know, it's just something that lazy players like me (or just me in general) miss.

Silent Conversation
7th May 2011, 2:29 PM
I know, it's just something that lazy players like me (or just me in general) miss.

I think it might just be you :p

CaptainCombusken
7th May 2011, 2:30 PM
You know Shellos was supposedly created for Hoenn but they never put it in? It'd be awesome if we had it in Sinnoh.

Pokemon form Gen4 & 5 that I hope/think will be in Royal Ruby and Stunning Sapphire (my little name for them) are:

Budew & Roserade [think]- Route 117, Budew available on a few earlier routes.
Shellos & Gastrodon [think & hope]- East sea form found around Paciufidlog and Sotopolis, West Sea in Dewford.
Hippopotas & Hippowdon [hope]- The Desert [route 111]- Only available in the one of the two versions, Sandshrew is available in the other.
Finneon, Lumineon [think]- Most of the seas.
Mantyke [think]- Some of the seas.
Magnezone, Rhyperior, Tangrowth, Yanmega, Leafeon, Glaceon, Porygon Z, Gallade, Probopass, Dusknoir, Froslass. [Think with confidence]- all evos of previously available Pokemon. I looked and left out any eovs of Pokemon not available in RS.
Woobat and Swoobat [think and hope]- Most caves, Dewford town cave, Meteor falls, Shoal cave.
Basculin [think]- Quite rare- only available in towns and route 110- via fishing rod. Petalburgh and Sotopolis.
Sandile line [hope]- In the Desert route. Only available in one of the tow versions, Trapinch is available in the other.
Maractus [think]- Desert Route.
Darumaka line [hope]- Fiery Path, Jagged Pass.
Yamask line [think]- Sky Pillar, the desert [the tower which had the ruins in it is now permanently there.]
Vanillite line [think]-Shoal cave
Deerling line [think]- Route 116, 119
Alomomola [think]- Various water routes in water spots, just like B/W
Klink line [think]- new Mauvile.

One version will have Hippoptas and Trapinch, the other Sandile and Sandshrew.

I definitely want Darumaka and Gallade on this version. It'll be hell to decide which starter I want if they do put Darumaka in though- Blaizken or Swampert? I really like all the Hoenn starters, I will never be able to choose. I'll probably have to get both versions. Also really want Sandile and Hippopotas to be on these games.

Ice Heart
7th May 2011, 2:33 PM
I've had pokemon white for a long time and I've come to really enjoy it. My favorite thinng is probably the battle animatoins, but ah well. I also really love the season changes(traing a winter Deerling right now: )

Silent Conversation
7th May 2011, 2:34 PM
I don't see Alomomola being in the remakes because it's so similar to Ludvisc, and that's already in the game. Out of all the Pokemon you mentioned above, the ones I think are most likely to happen are Budew and Roserade (which is basically 100% considering Roselia is catchable in the game), the Vanillite line, Maractus and the Klink line.

Orton155
7th May 2011, 2:54 PM
You know Shellos was supposedly created for Hoenn but they never put it in? It'd be awesome if we had it in Sinnoh.

Pokemon form Gen4 & 5 that I hope/think will be in Royal Ruby and Stunning Sapphire (my little name for them) are:

Shellos & Gastrodon [think & hope]- East sea form found around Paciufidlog and Sotopolis, West Sea in Dewford.
Hippopotas & Hippowdon [hope]- The Desert [route 111]- Only available in the one of the two versions, Sandshrew is available in the other.
Magnezone, Rhyperior, Tangrowth, Yanmega, Leafeon, Glaceon, Porygon Z, Gallade, Probopass, Dusknoir, Froslass. [Think with confidence]- all evos of previously available Pokemon. I looked and left out any eovs of Pokemon not available in RS.
Woobat and Swoobat [think and hope]- Most caves, Dewford town cave, Meteor falls, Shoal cave.
Basculin [think]- Quite rare- only available in towns and route 110- via fishing rod. Petalburgh and Sotopolis.
Sandile line [hope]- In the Desert route. Only available in one of the tow versions, Trapinch is available in the other.
Yamask line [think]- Sky Pillar, the desert [the tower which had the ruins in it is now permanently there.]

I definitely want Darumaka and Gallade on this version. It'll be hell to decide which starter I want if they do put Darumaka in though- Blaizken or Swampert? I really like all the Hoenn starters, I will never be able to choose. I'll probably have to get both versions. Also really want Sandile and Hippopotas to be on these games.

If we are talking about R/S remakes now, in terms of the hoenn pokedex I think they will instigate something similar to what they did with the johto pokedex in HGSS. What they did here was that in the johto pokedex they only added in pokemon that they had to add without significantly changing something. In johto's case it was pokemon which evolve by learning a certan move so instead of changing their moveset they just added it in to the johto pokedex.

If we take the original hoenn pokedex I don't think there are any pokemon which are under these conditions (please correct me if I missed one) so I expect the hoenn pokedex to stay the same . However, they may mix it up a bit and add pokemon like magnezone, probopass, budew and roserade. I don't expect for them to add any brand new lines to the regional pokedex.

Mister_SGG
7th May 2011, 2:59 PM

If this is the case I'll be adding a Gallade to my team plan immediately. Darmanitan could've been there, but I know I'll be picking Torchic. And I'm gettin Trapinch, too.

Silent Conversation
7th May 2011, 3:12 PM
If this is the case I'll be adding a Gallade to my team plan immediately. Darmanitan could've been there, but I know I'll be picking Torchic. And I'm gettin Trapinch, too.

I'm 100% putting Gallade on my team if it's available during the main game - look at my avatar and you'll see why.

the-eagle
7th May 2011, 3:39 PM
i dosen`t have black or white, do you recommend them? and what is different?

I have seen you dosen`t have your pokemon behind you, that too bad.

Silent Conversation
7th May 2011, 3:49 PM
Black and White's main differences is that Black is very technological while White is very natural. If you like big cities and battling a lot of trainers, then Black is good for you, because it has the technological Opelucid City and Black City. However, if you like scenic locations and lots of wild Pokemon, go with White because it has the natural Opelucid City and White Forest.

Dragin990
7th May 2011, 7:22 PM
Hey, everyone! guess what I just did?

Valoo.
7th May 2011, 7:27 PM
Hey, everyone! guess what I just did?
Spammed.

And I don't think any Pokemon (apart from evos) will get added to the regional Dex. Or did you mean post-E4?

Dragin990
7th May 2011, 7:33 PM
wait....wat?

Valoo.
7th May 2011, 7:35 PM
wait....wat?
You said 'Hey everyone guess what I just did' and I said spammed. Because you did.

s2daam
7th May 2011, 8:07 PM
Yes, Shellos does have 2 forms, but it can be changed for Vanillite's case to make 3. It's not like the 2 forms have been done a million times before, and it's become some sort of tradition.

And what do you mean with the Eevee thing? Vanillite starts vanilla, and if it evolves in the day it becomes strawberry while if it evolves at night in becomes chocolate?

Ithink it would have been better to put it as like Burmy/Wormadam. When it evolves.

I like that idea.. different flavours. It would certainly add something new to the game.

Geekachu
7th May 2011, 8:48 PM
Why is there talk of RS remakes already on a BW General Discussion thread? :S And tbh I don't think they'll add all those Unova Pokemon for the sake of adding them- yanoo what I mean? If there's loads of Unova Pokemon it kinda detracts from the Hoenn Pokemon, since it is Hoenn

Dragin990
7th May 2011, 10:57 PM
anyone still online?

Silent Conversation
7th May 2011, 11:08 PM
People are still online, it's just that nobody has a point to post. Remember, this isn't a chat room, it's a discussion thread.

Orton155
7th May 2011, 11:11 PM
anyone still online?

Can you stop making pointless posts? As a user it has no use and just cloggs up a thread.

Why is there talk of RS remakes already on a BW General Discussion thread? :S And tbh I don't think they'll add all those Unova Pokemon for the sake of adding them- yanoo what I mean? If there's loads of Unova Pokemon it kinda detracts from the Hoenn Pokemon, since it is Hoenn

Umm, this discussion began by someone mentioning the HM dive in Black and White and it kind of sprouted from there.

Also, I agree with you, I don't think they will add anything either. From what I have gathered from the previous remakes they like to keep pretty loyal to the originals but they add a few extra just to make it slightly different.

Dragin990
7th May 2011, 11:15 PM
I'm tryin to catch Kyurem in a pokeball. I did it once, but disliked the nature, so I'm tryin again.

I WILL do it! I'll post my success tommorow! =p

<Lucario v. Zoroark>
Lucario 4ever!!

:571:
VS. ;448;

Silent Conversation
7th May 2011, 11:15 PM
Also, I agree with you, I don't think they will add anything either. From what I have gathered from the previous remakes they like to keep pretty loyal to the originals but they add a few extra just to make it slightly different.

Which is why I think the most likely situation will be that in the main game, the only Pokemon that will be added are Pokemon that evolve into/from Pokemon who were in the original Hoenn Dex (like Budew and Roserade for example)

Dragin990
7th May 2011, 11:16 PM
I was bored! =(

Dragin990
7th May 2011, 11:19 PM
hey, Orton. wat's ur best team?

Dragin990
7th May 2011, 11:21 PM
forgive me, but I didn't think a little spontaneousness would do any harm....