PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Black and White General Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16

PokemonOwn
12th May 2011, 9:57 PM
Yeah Simipour is pretty good. It's annoying to look at though.

How? Bob Marley is epic. :P

Tynamo is pretty good, and Elelektrik is worth it.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
12th May 2011, 10:01 PM
Tynamo is pretty good, and Elelektrik is worth it.

I personally beg to differ. Eelektrik has mediocre stats and movepool, the only thing that it really has going for it is its immunity to super effectiveness. It's a rather Pokemon to train

Robotic Wind
12th May 2011, 10:07 PM
I personally beg to differ. Eelektrik has mediocre stats and movepool, the only thing that it really has going for it is its immunity to super effectiveness. It's a rather Pokemon to train

I have just obtained my Eeletrik so I can't say too much about it and I won't train it too much because I have a lot of pokemon who need to catch up to him but...

Digilyph pwns when you don't teach it Syncronise and deleate Psybeam thinking the former hurts ALL pokemon and simply deals more damage to pokemon of its type...

Endoplasmic Reticulum
12th May 2011, 10:09 PM
I have just obtained my Eeletrik so I can't say too much about it and I won't train it too much because I have a lot of pokemon who need to catch up to him but...

Digilyph pwns when you don't teach it Syncronise and deleate Psybeam thinking the former hurts ALL pokemon and simply deals more damage to pokemon of its type...

Oh my god, I made the exact mistake myself

Robotic Wind
12th May 2011, 10:36 PM
Oh my god, I made the exact mistake myself

I hate Syncro...what's the point of it...

Blazios
12th May 2011, 10:40 PM
I hate Syncro...what's the point of it...

It could possibly have some use in Triple Battles though it's very situational.

Robotic Wind
12th May 2011, 10:51 PM
It could possibly have some use in Triple Battles though it's very situational.

It could? What's it use since it only hurts pokemon of the user's type...

Paradoxe
12th May 2011, 10:55 PM
Sigilyph looks scary, IMO. What's it even supposed to be?

And has anyone here trained a Frillish?

Silent Conversation
12th May 2011, 10:56 PM

But it can hit all three of the Pokemon in a triple battle, so even if one of them is the same type as you it can do damage.

R_N
12th May 2011, 10:58 PM

That IS the use.
It's pretty pointless on pure Psychics, but ideally you could hit all flying types on the field as a Sigilyph

The worst part is that it's not typeless damage, so if you do hits psychics its for Not Very Effective.
Which also means Umbreon can't use it at all.

Silent Conversation
12th May 2011, 10:59 PM
I find it absolutely ridiculous that a dark type Pokemon can learn Synchronoise. What were the move pool planners thinking!?

Robotic Wind
12th May 2011, 10:59 PM
Ah, I see...

Man...the only time Syncro worked for me was on Swoobat...

Silent Conversation
12th May 2011, 11:01 PM
I guess Synchronoise is one of those moves that stresses that dual type Pokemon are better in battle than single type Pokemon.

R_N
12th May 2011, 11:05 PM
I find it absolutely ridiculous that a dark type Pokemon can learn Synchronoise. What were the move pool planners thinking!?

Well, it's an egg move for Eevee, so it would have no choice to go to Umbreon as well.

Silent Conversation
12th May 2011, 11:07 PM
Well, it's an egg move for Eevee, so it would have no choice to go to Umbreon as well.

Oh, in that case it makes sense.

Robotic Wind
12th May 2011, 11:09 PM

And as an egg move I doubt anyone would let Umbreon have it.

Silent Conversation
12th May 2011, 11:10 PM
And as an egg move I doubt anyone would let Umbreon have it.

Yeah seriously, if you're going to go through all the effort to teach Eevee an egg move, evolve it into one of the 6 Pokemon that can actually use it.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
13th May 2011, 12:11 AM

Yeah, I have

Paradoxe
13th May 2011, 12:12 AM
...was it fun?

Endoplasmic Reticulum
13th May 2011, 12:15 AM
...was it fun?

Not really actually. It was worse than I thought it would be

The Oncoming Storm
13th May 2011, 12:43 AM
My jellicents badarse.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
13th May 2011, 1:06 AM
Mine was meh

Silent Conversation
13th May 2011, 2:27 AM
Jellicent looks like it would be a great Pokemon. Firstly, both of its potential abilities are amazing. Secondly, water/ghost is one of the most epic type combos ever. And it also has a pretty good move set, and can learn some pretty good non-ice and ghost moves.

Mister_SGG
13th May 2011, 2:59 AM
Myself, I'm probably never going to ever have a Jellicent besides trade/Pokedex purposes. It's ugly as hell.

Paradoxe
13th May 2011, 3:01 AM
Myself, I'm probably never going to ever have a Jellicent besides trade/Pokedex purposes. It's ugly as hell.

The Pringles guy is on his way to come murder you.

Mister_SGG
13th May 2011, 3:04 AM
The Pringles guy is on his way to come murder you.

But I'll kill him with my tomahawk, he wouldn't have the chance.

Silent Conversation
13th May 2011, 3:59 AM
I would never use a Pokemon just because they look awesome or not use a Pokemon because they look ugly. Appearance means nothing to me if the Pokemon is of a certain quality, which is why I probably will use Jellicent one day despite his Pringles-like appearance.

Blackjack the Titan
13th May 2011, 4:01 AM
Jellicent looks like it would be a great Pokemon. Firstly, both of its potential abilities are amazing. Secondly, water/ghost is one of the most epic type combos ever. And it also has a pretty good move set, and can learn some pretty good non-ice and ghost moves.

Non-ice. What is that?
Pringles doesn't need Damp if it's a Ghost type, haven't you noticed that?

Silent Conversation
13th May 2011, 4:03 AM
Non-ice. What is that?

Oh, I meant non-water. I was trying to say that it can learn some good moves that aren't from its types.

Pringles doesn't need Damp if it's a Ghost type, haven't you noticed that?

Which is why I didn't mention his Dream World ability when I said he has good abilities.

Beck
13th May 2011, 4:06 AM
I would never use a Pokemon just because they look awesome or not use a Pokemon because they look ugly. Appearance means nothing to me if the Pokemon is of a certain quality, which is why I probably will use Jellicent one day despite his Pringles-like appearance.

I'm very much the same. In all honesty, if Pokemon were all just shapes of different colours, and named likewise, I would probably still play. It's the strengths and weaknesses and that fact that they can be used competitively that draw me in. I love comparing stats and finding a Pokemon's respective niche.

Knowing that Green Circle will beat Orange Hexagon every time, but will always lose to Purple Square, for example, makes the metagame so much fun. It all comes down to knowledge of each Pokemon and what they can and cannot pack.

Silent Conversation
13th May 2011, 4:08 AM
I'm very much the same. In all honesty, if Pokemon were all just shapes of different colours, and named likewise, I would probably still play. It's the strengths and weaknesses and that fact that they can be used competitively that draw me in. I love comparing stats and finding a Pokemon's respective niche.

I agree that this is the most fun part of the game. Looking a Pokemon, checking its types and how it affects the rest of your team, check its stats to see what types of moves it can use best, and then see all the different types of moves it can learn. If you love a Pokemon from all that, appearance means nothing.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
13th May 2011, 4:24 AM
I dunno, just using Jellicent seemed kind of disappointing...

Silent Conversation
13th May 2011, 4:28 AM
Well, I'm still going to try it one day just for the sake of saying that I used it.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
13th May 2011, 4:30 AM
You may have a better impression of it than I did

Silent Conversation
13th May 2011, 4:30 AM
Maybe. I'm not expecting it to be super amazing, I'm just expecting it to be a more useful water type than Samurott.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
13th May 2011, 4:31 AM
Maybe. I'm not expecting it to be super amazing, I'm just expecting it to be a more useful water type than Samurott.

Yeah, I can say it's better than Samurott for sure

Silent Conversation
13th May 2011, 4:32 AM
OK, in that case I should be happy :)

Endoplasmic Reticulum
13th May 2011, 4:33 AM
Yeah. I dunno, maybe I was unimpressed with it because I had high expectations. (Seriously, a water/ghost type sounded so cool!)

You wanna know who I was impressed with? Stunfisk. I'm absolute dead serious.

Burakoru
13th May 2011, 4:33 AM
I'm giving Jellicent another shot and it's better than I remembered.

Silent Conversation
13th May 2011, 4:34 AM
You wanna know who I was impressed with? Stunfisk. I'm absolute dead serious.

Um... I'm not sure how to respond to that...

Endoplasmic Reticulum
13th May 2011, 4:35 AM
My favourite part about it is that it could actually hold its own. A super effective move wouldn't do that much actually. Plus it had a great movepool. And it's attack isn't that bad...

Burakoru
13th May 2011, 4:36 AM
Yes, yes, Stunfisk is amazing, I've lost to every one I've battled in Battle Subway due to Earthquake and Thunderbolt.

Silent Conversation
13th May 2011, 4:37 AM
Okay, well let's just say that Stunfisk is not a Pokemon I'm planning on using, no matter how much it may be able to hold its own.

Burakoru
13th May 2011, 4:38 AM
Yah, I'm not gonna use it either, doesn't mean it's not good.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
13th May 2011, 4:41 AM
But people keep on making fun of it for sucking, but I'm standing up for it

Burakoru
13th May 2011, 4:42 AM
Yah, for Stunfisk! You should join the ULCP EA, it's a club for the unloved pokes, like Stunfisk.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
13th May 2011, 4:46 AM
I hate most unloved Pokemon, I just like Stunfisk. I originally put it on my team to test out how bad it actually is (like Dunsparce in my SS playthrough), but it actually served to be really useful. More than I thought

Burakoru
13th May 2011, 4:47 AM
Yah, Stunfisk is more than meets the eye.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
13th May 2011, 4:47 AM
Yah, Stunfisk is more than meets the eye.

Yeah exactly. You don't understand how surprised I was

Paradoxe
13th May 2011, 5:08 AM
I guess I'm superficial. I use a Pokemon that I think looks cool. I rarely ever check stats or anything. If I like it, I use it.

Burakoru
13th May 2011, 5:09 AM
Meh, I did only use Wobbuffett in HG because I liked it, and it kicked Butt!

Robotic Wind
13th May 2011, 5:11 AM
I used Stunfisk in PO and I liked it

Jellicent is one of the B/W pokemon I can't stand

Including Reunclious, Braverary, Gothielle, Liepard, Hydreigon, Watchog, Vaniluxe, etc...

I love ULP such as Stunfisk, Klinglang, Sigilyph and Keldeo

Paradoxe
13th May 2011, 5:12 AM
Has anyone used Nidoking/Queen before? I used them in the Platinum Frontier. Beasty.

EDIT: Shut up, Bridge, you have no taste.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
13th May 2011, 5:13 AM
I love ULP such as Stunfisk, Klinglang, Sigilyph and Keldeo

Why is Sigilyph unloved?

Paradoxe
13th May 2011, 5:14 AM
Why is Sigilyph unloved?

It looks like something that would try to eat your brain.

Burakoru
13th May 2011, 5:14 AM
Sigilyph isn't Unloved, I scoured the desert searching for one.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
13th May 2011, 5:16 AM
I think it's typing, movepool, and stats make up for being ugly.

I mean Stunfisk is unloved because of its looks, Klingklang because it has a terrible movepool, and Keldeo because it looks absolutely pathetic

Burakoru
13th May 2011, 5:18 AM
Has anyone even TRIED using Keldeo? And I dunno, I actually like it.
Stunfisk, Kick-butt supah Flounder!
Klinklang, I've tried, SUCKS,
but Keldeo, can't be all bad if it's a legend.

BCVM22
13th May 2011, 5:18 AM
I mean Stunfisk is unloved because of its looks, Klingklang because it has a terrible movepool, and Keldeo because it looks absolutely pathetic

I think they're unloved because people will actually take the time to direct legitimate, heartfelt hate at fictional creature designs/concepts/everything else from a children's monster-battling franchise.

Paradoxe
13th May 2011, 5:19 AM
Wait, I thought Keldeo was an event?

Burakoru
13th May 2011, 5:20 AM
It is, it's also legend, it's what combines the musketeer trio.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
13th May 2011, 5:21 AM
I think they're unloved because people will actually take the time to direct legitimate, heartfelt hate at fictional creature designs/concepts/everything else from a children's monster-battling franchise.

But there's gotta be a reason where this hate comes from, right?

Burakoru
13th May 2011, 5:22 AM
Yah, whether it be bad moveset,(Which I now fix with TMs) Looks(Which can't be helped), or Power.

BCVM22
13th May 2011, 5:23 AM

Absolutely. I have any number of words in mind. Use your imagination.

Paradoxe
So can you get Keldeo in-game?

Robotic Wind

I was saying Sigilyph is unloved because you just don't hear many people talk about it. I mean I like it but, it just doesn't seem popular

But can we really tell who is loved and unloved as B/W hasn't been out for a year?

Endoplasmic Reticulum
13th May 2011, 5:25 AM
Yah, whether it be bad moveset,(Which I now fix with TMs) Looks(Which can't be helped), or Power.

Exactly. That's what I was saying why Pokemon get unloved. But Sigilyph doesn't deserve that because it exceeds in 2/3 parts of the criteria to be unloved.

Stunfisk also has quite mediocre stats, and Klingklang also doesn't have the best appearance

edit: @Bridge: oh. But I mean Sigilyph doesn't have hate going for it unlike Stunfisk and Klingklang...

Burakoru
13th May 2011, 5:25 AM
No, you can't get Keldeo, in game, only event and GTS once event is out.
And yah, it's hard to tell now, people like Scrafty, people hate Scrafty. ect.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
13th May 2011, 5:27 AM
But trust me. Stunfisk is actually made fun of by many people. Stuff like Scrafty is controversial, and Sigilyph is forgotten. But Stunfisk receives a lot of slander...

Burakoru
13th May 2011, 5:28 AM
Yah, I know, I've seen tons of that just in tihs forum.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
13th May 2011, 5:30 AM
Yah, I know, I've seen tons of that just in tihs forum.

Exactly. You can't compare Sigilyph's un-lovingness to Stunfisk's...

Burakoru
13th May 2011, 5:31 AM
Or Bidoofs..............or Kakuna, Metapod, Cascoon or Silcoon.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
13th May 2011, 5:38 AM
^But they deserve too because of their mediocre stats and movepool. Stunfisk is only hated because of its appearance, so people consider it to be weak...

Silent Conversation
13th May 2011, 5:43 AM
I'll be honest, its appearance does have something to do with it. When you look at a Hydreigon and then you look at a Stunfisk, you're going to make a decision right then and there on who is stronger...

XXD17
13th May 2011, 5:44 AM
Sigilyph looks scary, IMO. What's it even supposed to be?

sigilyph is based on the Nazca bird...a massive geoglyph drawn on the side of a mountain in the form of a large bird...it, and other massive geoglyphs, are found in the Peru and were supposedly done by the Nazca people for god worship

a picture:http://in-peru.travel/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/Nazca-Lines.jpg

Silent Conversation
13th May 2011, 5:45 AM
I don't think Sigilyph looks scary, I actually think it looks really cool. A very creative design.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
13th May 2011, 5:45 AM
I'll be honest, its appearance does have something to do with it. When you look at a Hydreigon and then you look at a Stunfisk, you're going to make a decision right then and there on who is stronger...

I know that. I'm saying people hate Stunfisk because it looks stupid and weak

Silent Conversation
13th May 2011, 5:46 AM
Well, also that besides HP, its stats aren't exactly phenomenal either.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
13th May 2011, 5:47 AM
Well, also that besides HP, its stats aren't exactly phenomenal either.

It has okay defenses...

Silent Conversation
13th May 2011, 5:48 AM
It's Special Defense is fine, but I wouldn't say 84 physical Defense is anything special.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
13th May 2011, 5:54 AM
It's Special Defense is fine, but I wouldn't say 84 physical Defense is anything special.

It's not special, but it's not that bad

Chairman
13th May 2011, 9:03 AM
I actually liked sigilyph a lot, I also used it on my team. Even though it's stats were not great (not bad either), for some reason it was really good, especially in the elite for redux.

BCVM22
13th May 2011, 9:07 AM
Even though it's stats were not great (not bad either), for some reason it was really good.

97 base Speed to set up 103 base Special Attack and its stats were "not great" and you're unsure as to why it was really good?

The average among fully-evolved Pokémon - still a huge percentage out of 649, so the average is skewed a bit, admittedly - is 83 for both of those stats. 97 and 103 qualify somewhere around "pretty darn good", wouldn't you say?

XXD17
13th May 2011, 11:04 AM
I actually liked sigilyph a lot, I also used it on my team. Even though it's stats were not great (not bad either), for some reason it was really good, especially in the elite for redux.

sigilyph is very dangerous...with its speed, it can set up cosmic power...that along with magic guard can allow it to last quite a long time...having air slash available also lets it flinch-hax along with dealing incredible amounts of damage with its spacial attack...it's a great trump card on sandstorm teams...

SasakiThePikachu
13th May 2011, 12:59 PM
I just hate that Sigilpyhs can learn ice beam. My poor Hydreigon (then only a poor slow Zweilous) did NOT see that one coming.

Ooh, ooh! I'm planning to train a modest Frillish! Planned moveset: surf, ice beam, psychic, shadow ball (or perhaps energy ball in there somewhere).

Silent Conversation
13th May 2011, 1:52 PM
Ooh, ooh! I'm planning to train a modest Frillish! Planned moveset: surf, ice beam, psychic, shadow ball (or perhaps energy ball in there somewhere).

LOL, that was the exact move set I was planning on using when I decided I was going to train a Frillish one day.

Zuzu14
13th May 2011, 2:34 PM
Sigilyph is a pretty awesome pokemon. With it's speed and nice defenses, I find it really easy to set up a few Cosmic Powers, plus Roosting off damage while your boosting. Then Psycho Shifting your burn from the Flame Orb onto a physical attacker is mighty good. Crippling any of the good offensive beasts (Garchomp, Tyranitar, Metagross, Haxorus etc.), and then hitting them hard with a STAB Stored Power.

It's design is somewhat off putting for me though.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
13th May 2011, 5:35 PM
I think a better moveset for a Jellicent would be

Surf, Shadow Ball, Energy Ball, and Ice Beam. Psychic isn't that necessary...

Ultimate Glalie
13th May 2011, 5:38 PM
Since it fills a more bulky role, Jellicent's better off with Will-O-Wisp/Toxic/Recover instead of Energy Ball.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
13th May 2011, 5:40 PM
You have a point. Mine knew Toxic instead of Energy Ball, but I was considering replacing it for it

Ultimate Glalie
13th May 2011, 5:45 PM
Scald can also be better than Surf in some cases since it has a good chance of burning the opponent. It's got a lower Base Power than Surf, though, so it's really up to personal preference. Hydro Pump's also an option.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
13th May 2011, 5:47 PM
It doesn't have a good chance. It only has 30%. It's not worth the less damage it does if you ask me.

And Hydro Pump is unreliable as a main STAB move due to its low accuracy

Ultimate Glalie
13th May 2011, 5:50 PM
Yeah, I agree with your point about Hydro Pump. Scald would generally only be used when the Jellicent doesn't know Will-O-Wisp, but when it does, Surf would probably be the better option.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
13th May 2011, 5:57 PM
Mine didn't know Will-O-Wisp, it knew toxic. Lowering the opponent's attack is useful and all but Jellicent's high HP and defenses doesn't really require that. Badly Poisoning them is more useful if you ask me

Xman96
13th May 2011, 6:09 PM
In all honesty, whenter burn or poison is better is all a matter of style. I prefer burn, because then I can switch out Jellicent to another rpokemon, and know that it is safer. However, if you are going for a more stall orientied team, then Toxic is better because it can take down even tanks. I prefer to play offense though, so Toxic is a bit too slow for me.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
13th May 2011, 6:22 PM
Toxic kicks in very fast though.

Ultimate Glalie
13th May 2011, 6:38 PM
The thing about Burn is that it can make a physical attacker completely useless, which is always useful. Even though Jellicent is bulky, it can still get taken down by a powerful hit or two. Burning the opponent will allow Jellicent to last longer and Recover off the damage. Toxic can be just as good but personally I prefer burning for those reasons. That's just my opinion, though.

Robotic Wind
13th May 2011, 6:41 PM
I prefer Toxic plus with Toxic you can use Venoshock...

Which I haven't tried because Scolipede is a physical attacker

I might catch a Palpitoad and train it after the E4 and try the combo on Seismetoad...

Sizerdrix
13th May 2011, 6:56 PM
One more thing about burn vs toxic is that burn can hit steel types, toxic can't. Although burn won't affect fire types, no fire type in their right mind is going to be switching in on you.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
13th May 2011, 6:58 PM
The thing about Burn is that it can make a physical attacker completely useless, which is always useful. Even though Jellicent is bulky, it can still get taken down by a powerful hit or two. Burning the opponent will allow Jellicent to last longer and Recover off the damage. Toxic can be just as good but personally I prefer burning for those reasons. That's just my opinion, though.

As you said, Jellicent is incredibly bulky. So burn isn't that necessary because you can rely on its defenses.

R_N
13th May 2011, 7:42 PM
As you said, Jellicent is incredibly bulky. So burn isn't that necessary because you can rely on its defenses.

But burns will buff its defenses

Which for a wall is the entire point

Endoplasmic Reticulum
13th May 2011, 7:44 PM
But burns will buff its defenses

Which for a wall is the entire point

But why make something that's incredibly defensive even more defensive? I think using Toxic to eat away at their HP would be more strategic

Robotic Wind
13th May 2011, 7:46 PM
But why make something that's incredibly defensive even more defensive? I think using Toxic to eat away at their HP would be more strategic

Toxic does have Venoshock...what does burn have...hex? That can't hit normal pokes

Endoplasmic Reticulum
13th May 2011, 7:48 PM
Toxic does have Venoshock...what does burn have...hex? That can't hit normal pokes

I don't really care for those attacks. I just care for which attack is better with no other attack to support it.

But you do have a point

Sizerdrix
13th May 2011, 8:00 PM

It's not incredibly defensive though. It's good, but it's no Blissey. If something's coming at you with a choice banded attack then you'd be glad that it was given a burn.

Toxic is usually given to a bulky water to deal with others of its kind. Burn is a better way of dealing with most other threats.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
13th May 2011, 8:01 PM
Well I guess that's true...

Ultimate Glalie
13th May 2011, 8:03 PM
Toxic does have Venoshock...what does burn have...hex? That can't hit normal pokesAnd Venoshock can't hit Steel types. Which is arguably worse than not being able to hit Normal types.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
13th May 2011, 8:15 PM
Yes but you can't use Toxic on steel types either. You can burn normal types

Ultimate Glalie
13th May 2011, 8:25 PM
Yup, that's true. Anyway, Jellicent can't even learn Venoshock, although Hex does double damage on poisoned Pokemon too, so it would still work whether you decide to give it Toxic or Will-O-Wisp/Scald.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
13th May 2011, 8:30 PM
I suggest either Toxic and Surf, Will-o-Wisp and Surf, or Scald and Toxic. You don't need Will-o-Wisp and Scald on the same moveset, or Surf and Scald

XXD17
13th May 2011, 9:12 PM
I've trained two jellicent (one male one female) just to try out different sets both with cursed body...one is modest, EV'd for defense and SA with scald, ice beam, recover, and shadow ball...the other is sassy EV'd for defense and SA with surf, will-o-wisp, recover and shadow ball...both are pretty good but I have to say that the sassy one works better...

Endoplasmic Reticulum
13th May 2011, 9:16 PM
My Jellicent's moveset is Surf, Ice Beam, Toxic, and Shadow Ball.

Burakoru
13th May 2011, 10:21 PM
My Jelliecent's moveset is Brine(Don't have the Scald TM), Ice Beam, Energy Ball, and Shadow Ball.

Paradoxe
13th May 2011, 10:31 PM
I wish I had a Jellicent. :( But I'm too damn lazy to train one.

Burakoru
13th May 2011, 10:32 PM
Yah, it's a lot of work. But I've been training MANY MANY pokemon so I've gotten used to it,
I've trained Braviary, Reuniclus, Hydreigon, Excadrill, Krookodile, etc.

Valoo.
13th May 2011, 10:33 PM
I wish I had a Jellicent. :( But I'm too damn lazy to train one.
Me too. I have too many Pokemon I plan to train.

Burakoru
13th May 2011, 10:35 PM
Yah, well, pre-ordering the game and beginning playing as soon as you leave Gamestop does help get good.

Valoo.
13th May 2011, 10:38 PM
Yah, well, pre-ordering the game and beginning playing as soon as you leave Gamestop does help get good.
Um, what? An extra ten minutes isn't going to get me more time to train a Jellicent.

Burakoru
13th May 2011, 10:40 PM
No, but it does give you some extra time to others to try out different pokemon.
That and I didn't know you got it ten minutes after the store opened.

Valoo.
13th May 2011, 10:43 PM
But you said that buying it as soon as the store opens would help them. But it won't.

Burakoru
13th May 2011, 10:47 PM
It helped me out, I even have a reference,
Now, I have a friend who's a serious gamer, he bought SS whenever it came out to Walmart, which is several days later.
Now I'm less of one than him, but I got my game of HG the day it came out.
We battled a week later and I won.

Blazios
13th May 2011, 10:49 PM
It helped me out, I even have a reference,
Now, I have a friend who's a serious gamer, he bought SS whenever it came out to Walmart, which is several days later.
Now I'm less of one than him, but I got my game of HG the day it came out.
We battled a week later and I won.

Of course, 2 months later, the effect is completely negligible. Also, that was a several day gap, not a few hours.

Valoo.
13th May 2011, 10:58 PM
Of course, 2 months later, the effect is completely negligible. Also, that was a several day gap, not a few hours.
Exactly. Buying it when the shop opens, or a few hours later really doesn't make a difference.

Mister_SGG
13th May 2011, 11:01 PM
Exactly. Buying it when the shop opens, or a few hours later really doesn't make a difference.

Whether or not it makes a difference, I was first in line for Platinum, HeartGold & White.

Burakoru
14th May 2011, 2:22 AM
Whether or not it makes a difference, I was first in line for Platinum, HeartGold & White.

Heh, small world, me too on all, I'd get my Dad up at 5:30 in the morning and go "Time to drive me to Gamestop! Wake up! Wake up!"

Endoplasmic Reticulum
14th May 2011, 2:34 AM
Oh I know why my Jellicent was meh. I didn't get in enough EVs since I caught it at like level 9 and then had it gain 5 levels each time I killed a level 35 Pokemon via EXP share

Mr.Munchlax
14th May 2011, 3:23 AM
Just a hypothetical question, if Ghethesis had one of the fully evolved Kanto starters on his team, which one would it be?

Mister_SGG
14th May 2011, 3:25 AM
Just a hypothetical question, if Ghethesis had one of the fully evolved Kanto starters on his team, which one would it be?

I don't think any of them fit Ghetsis too well, but I would say Charizard as Ghetsis is lacking a Fire-type.

Burakoru
14th May 2011, 3:28 AM
Yah, Chraizard, that or Venusaur, I don't see him getting Blastoise.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
14th May 2011, 3:30 AM

Yeah, I also agree on Charizard

Mr.Munchlax
14th May 2011, 3:36 AM
I don't think any of them fit Ghetsis too well
Ok, but how about Kingdra?

Endoplasmic Reticulum
14th May 2011, 3:37 AM
Ok, but how about Kingdra?

Kingdra aint a Kanto starter

Burakoru
Ummm, Kingdra isn't a Kanto Starter's third evolution.

Endoplasmic Reticulum

Sorry, I beat ya

Burakoru
14th May 2011, 3:38 AM
Yah, but who cares, twice the correct answers.
Hmm, okay, Johto starters for Ghestis,
Feraligat'r.

Mr.Munchlax
14th May 2011, 3:39 AM

I know that, but since SGC said none of the starters would fit, I wanted to think of something else.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
14th May 2011, 3:39 AM
Yeah I agree on Feraligatr.

Hoenn - Sceptile
Sinnoh - Torterra
Unova - Emboar

Burakoru
14th May 2011, 3:40 AM
Uh huh, so full list
Charizard
Feraligat'r
Sceptile
Torterra
Emboar

Endoplasmic Reticulum
14th May 2011, 3:40 AM
Yeah, that's my list. You?

Mister_SGG
14th May 2011, 3:41 AM
If Ghetsis were to have a starter, Typhlosion or Feraligatr would fit him somewhat.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
14th May 2011, 3:44 AM
I think Feraligatr more than Typhlosion

Burakoru
14th May 2011, 3:45 AM
I list my list now.
Charizard
Feraligat'r
Swampert
Torterra
Samurott

Mister_SGG
14th May 2011, 3:45 AM
I think Feraligatr more than Typhlosion

Yeah. But they're both pretty menacing, like your mom Ghetsis.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
14th May 2011, 3:46 AM
Yeah. But they're both pretty menacing, like my mom Ghetsis.
I don't think Typhlosion's that menacing

I list my list now.
Charizard
Feraligat'r
Swampert
Torterra
Samurott

I also agree on this because I also had trouble between Sceptile vs Swampert and Emboar vs. Samurott.

Burakoru
14th May 2011, 3:47 AM
Typhlosion's not as menacing as it is fierce.

Mister_SGG
14th May 2011, 3:49 AM
I don't think Typhlosion's that menacing

I see what you did there.

EDIT: Rank up.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
14th May 2011, 3:51 AM
Typhlosion's not as menacing as it is fierce.

But Ghetis has more menacing Pokemon

I see what you did there.

EDIT: Rank up.

Damn, I was hoping you wouldn't notice that

Burakoru
14th May 2011, 3:53 AM
Well, yah, so I'm siding with SGG.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
14th May 2011, 3:54 AM
I really don't think Typhlosion looks menacing...

Mr.Munchlax
14th May 2011, 3:54 AM
Woah guys, this is going WAY out of proportion. The reason why I asked this was because I was planning on catching 7 pokemon from the Dream World based on which ones would be owned by each of the 7 Sages. I thought of the Kanto starter event for Ghethesis and I was unsure which of those 3 would fit him, so after SGG's comment about none of them fitting I went with Kingdra instead

Mister_SGG
14th May 2011, 3:58 AM
Woah guys, this is going WAY out of proportion. The reason why I asked this was because I was planning on catching 7 pokemon from the Dream World based on which ones would be owned by each of the 7 Sages. I thought of the Kanto starter event for Ghethesis and I was unsure which of those 3 would fit him, so after SGG's comment about none of them fitting I went with Kingdra instead

Well, tbh, this should have gone in the Help thread.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
14th May 2011, 3:59 AM

Lol okay. But we were doing it for fun...

Burakoru
14th May 2011, 4:08 AM
Yah, for fun, just a friendly discussion.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
14th May 2011, 4:10 AM
Yeah exactly

Burakoru
14th May 2011, 4:23 AM
So, if you could see N getting a starter from each generation, what'd it be?
Gonna wait to answer until others answer.

KickAsh
14th May 2011, 4:38 AM
Kanto--Blastoise
Johto--Meganium
Hoenn--Sceptile
Sinnoh--Infernape
Unova--Samurott

Burakoru
14th May 2011, 4:42 AM
Hmm, good idea.
Kanto: Venusaur
Johto: Typhlosion
Hoenn: Sceptile
Sinnoh: Infernape
Unova: Serperior

KickAsh
14th May 2011, 4:45 AM
Unova: Sceptile

^My favorite Unovan starter is Sceptile.

Paradoxe
14th May 2011, 5:07 AM
^My favorite Unovan starter is Sceptile.

Mine is Stunfisk. *retarded smile*

Silent Conversation
14th May 2011, 5:31 AM
Kanto: Charizard
Johto: Meganium
Unova: Samurott

Endoplasmic Reticulum
14th May 2011, 6:07 AM
Kanto: Blastoise
Hoenn: Blaziken
Sinnoh: Empoleon

Burakoru
14th May 2011, 6:27 AM
Hmm, okay, we got a good variety.
Now, for Belle?

Silent Conversation
14th May 2011, 6:30 AM
Bianca

Johto: Feraligatr
Hoenn: Swampert
Sinnoh: Torterra

I know there are no fire starters here, I just can't see Bianca really loving having a fire starter.

Burakoru
14th May 2011, 6:32 AM
Well, it can't be helped,
I could only see Blaziken really,
Besides that, Water and Grass forever!

Silent Conversation
14th May 2011, 6:33 AM
I could see Bianca having a Blaziken, the thing is I could see her having a Swampert more. Also, I see Cheren with a Blaziken, and I doubt both rivals would ever have the same starter (even though this is all theoretical).

Burakoru
14th May 2011, 6:36 AM
True, but Paul and Ash both have Torterra, just as a reminder. Just because it's Anime doesn't mean it doesn't count.
Hmmm, yah, I could see Cheren with
Johto: Feraligat'r
Unova: Emboar

Silent Conversation
14th May 2011, 6:40 AM
I see Cheren with...

Unova: Emboar

Emperor Empoleon
14th May 2011, 6:40 AM
Bianca

I know there are no fire starters here, I just can't see Bianca really loving having a fire starter.

Really? I thought Tepig fit her best actually :S

Snivy & Cheren are both cool and calculating, Tepig and Bianca are both kinda bubbly and energetic, and Oshawott could go either way, like how players(representing the main char) have different personalities :B

But that's just on 1st stage appearance ^-^;

Silent Conversation
14th May 2011, 6:45 AM
Well, to be honest, when I played Black, I used Samurott so Bianca had an Emboar. I thought it was okay, but then when my sister played White, she used Emboar so Bianca had a Serperior. I thought that suited her so well, which is why I went with what I went with.

Emperor Empoleon
14th May 2011, 7:49 AM
Ah, ok. I will say that Serperior fits into her team better for sure XD More variety.

As for Cheren..

~Charizard
~Feraligatr
~Sceptile
~Either one really :S
~Serperior

iShock
14th May 2011, 9:02 AM
For N

Sowwy gwass typz :3

For Bianca

I agree none of the fire-types suit her, the peaceful grass types seem more suiting.

For Cheren:

A bit more fiery than Bianca's team don't you think?

Also you should post what you think PROFESSOR JUNIPER'S team would be if she had one and what levels they would be, six pokemon.

Emperor Empoleon
14th May 2011, 9:16 AM
I wouldnt mind fighting Prof. Juniper actually. That scenario reminds me of Oak's hidden team.

Valoo.
14th May 2011, 1:16 PM
That would be pretty cool. I wish the Oak team was able to be battled.

Rokroad
14th May 2011, 1:55 PM
N

Cheren:

Bianca:

Prof. Juniper:
Cinccino
Klinklang
Reuniclus
Beheeyem

Mister_SGG
14th May 2011, 4:07 PM
Let's start a new conversation... does anybody else find Morimoto to be pathetically weak...? His choice Pokemon are terrible, and he hardly ever heals. He also enjoys making his Simipour use Surf on my Samurott.

Burakoru
14th May 2011, 4:08 PM
Same on my Simipour, his team is WEAK. W-E-A-K!

Mister_SGG
14th May 2011, 4:14 PM
He's a pushover. Freaking Bianca gave me more trouble than him.

Poor Shigeki Morimoto, he was given a weak double.

Valoo.
14th May 2011, 4:29 PM
Yes, I beat him easily. They could've at least given him better Pokemon. He didn't need all three monkeys, and Grimsley and Cheren already have Liepard.

Mister_SGG
14th May 2011, 4:31 PM
Yes, I beat him easily. They could've at least given him better Pokemon. He didn't need all three monkeys, and Grimsley and Cheren already have Liepard.

They should have given him three foreign starters, not those ****bags.

Valoo.
14th May 2011, 4:36 PM
I know. Every trainer has those abominations, why give them to Morimoto as well? And his 'ace' didn't need to be Zebstrika like Elesa. No trainer has Ferrothorn, and Galvantula is rarely seen, he should have had Pokemon like them instead.

Mister_SGG
14th May 2011, 4:40 PM
I know. Every trainer has those abominations, why give them to Morimoto as well? And his 'ace' didn't need to be Zebstrika like Elesa. No trainer has Ferrothorn, and Galvantula is rarely seen, he should have had Pokemon like them instead.

Mhm. A nice uncommon Pokemon like Swanna or Klinklang would've been nice. Liepard... I hate it. All it has is Speed, and a lot of main characters have it. I never liked Zebstrika, and I despise Swoobat with a passion.

PokemonOwn
14th May 2011, 4:40 PM
Morimoto's Simisage was the hardest on his team, to be honest. Zoroark just blazes through him:

Simisage < Flamethrower
Simisear < Dark Pulse
Simipour < Dark Pulse
Swoobat < Dark Pulse
Zebstrika < Dark Pulse
Liepard < Focus Bast

:P

Silent Conversation
14th May 2011, 6:46 PM
Morimoto's Simisage was the hardest on his team, to be honest.

What are you talking about, his Simisage was so easy! One Ice Beam from Vanilluxe instantly KOd it.

-Unicorno-
14th May 2011, 6:51 PM
What are you talking about, his Simisage was so easy! One Ice Beam from Vanilluxe instantly KOd it.

Simisear was the hardest

Silent Conversation
14th May 2011, 7:00 PM
Simisear was the hardest

I personally found Simipour the hardest because the only move I had to beat it was Thunderbolt which was on my Beheeyem, so it wasn't STAB.

Chaos Rush
14th May 2011, 7:07 PM
I think putting Morimoto in the game would have been a perfect excuse to make a trainer use legendaries... now I know this may sound ridiculous to some, but Morimoto should have at least used a Mew instead of his boring generic Unova Pokemon. After all, he should at least use the Pokemon he designed.

Burakoru
14th May 2011, 7:13 PM
Or maybe at least something GOOD,
Now Cynthia, Cynthia was pretty tough,
2 pokemon with no weaknesses in her team,
a Milotic and Garchomp,
Braviary, and some other pokemon I forget.

t00lb0x31
14th May 2011, 7:30 PM
^ How can you forget Lucario? HAHA

Aurath8
14th May 2011, 7:32 PM
Morimoto's team is made up of his personal favorites of the Unova region based upon design. The fact that all these pokemon are weak is simply a coincidence.

Burakoru
14th May 2011, 7:43 PM
Yes, very coincidental.
Ah, PERSONAL FAVORITES EH?????????????

Mister_SGG
14th May 2011, 8:13 PM
Morimoto's team is made up of his personal favorites of the Unova region based upon design. The fact that all these pokemon are weak is simply a coincidence.

Oh... Morimoto has bad taste.

Valoo.
14th May 2011, 8:31 PM
He could have taken out too of the monkeys at least.

Mister_SGG
14th May 2011, 8:33 PM
He could have taken out two of the monkeys at least.

I think that's what you meant.

Emperor Empoleon
14th May 2011, 9:48 PM
It's nice to know that he went with his favorite Pokemon :3 But it was still too easy XD

Silent Conversation
14th May 2011, 10:05 PM

Which makes me wonder why those Pokemon weren't made stronger in the first place if Morimoto loved them so much...

Mister_SGG
14th May 2011, 10:07 PM
Which makes me wonder why those Pokemon weren't made stronger in the first place if Morimoto loved them so much...

Mhm. Morimoto has a big enough say in that kind of stuff, so they should've had a better design.

Silent Conversation
14th May 2011, 10:09 PM
I'll admit, Zebstrika looks really cool, and the monkeys are okay, but I don't see how he would find Liepard and Swoobat to be two of the best designed Pokemon this entire generation. One is just a purple cat, and the other one looks really, really ugly. So if it is based on design, I'll have to agree with SGG that Morimoto has bad taste.

Robotic Wind
14th May 2011, 10:13 PM
Wow...Morimoto has odd tastes...

I mean I agree with Simisage but, the others? Ugh...

My team of 6 BEST LOOKING(Strength not counted for) would be
*REMEMBER I LIKE STRANGE LOOKING NPOKEMON

1. Sigilyph
2. Cryogonal
3. MAndibuzz
4. Stoutland
5. Conkledurr
6. Samurott

Silent Conversation
14th May 2011, 10:29 PM
All of the Pokemon you just mentioned except for Samurott and kind of Mandibuzz are really ugly. So yeah, you really do like strange looking Pokemon.

Mister_SGG
14th May 2011, 10:30 PM
All of the Pokemon you just mentioned except for Samurott and kind of Mandibuzz are really ugly. So yeah, you really do like strange looking Pokemon.

But Stoutland is ugly is a good way.

Robotic Wind
14th May 2011, 10:35 PM
Yup, I do love strange pokemon.

Upon those six you can add
1. Klinklang
2. Tornadus
3.Stunfisk
4. Cofagricus
5. Durant
6. Terakion

But Stoutland is ugly is a good way.
Yes, it is...like my grandma's dog which is a shih tzu

Silent Conversation
15th May 2011, 12:47 AM
Yup, I do love strange pokemon.

Upon those six you can add
1. Klinklang
2. Tornadus
3.Stunfisk
4. Cofagricus
5. Durant
6. Terakion

I actually think Klinklang and Cofagrigus look really good. Also, Durant is simply epic. Terrakion is okay, and you already know my opinion on Tornadus.

heehee, Stunfisk

Dragin990
15th May 2011, 1:50 AM
Hey everyone, I need a final moveset for my throh. I have:
- revenge
- stone edge
- seismic toss
- reversal
Nature: gentle

Silent Conversation
15th May 2011, 2:03 AM
Hey everyone, I need a final moveset for my throh. I have:
- revenge
- stone edge
- seismic toss
- reversal
Nature: gentle

Two things.

One, three of its moves are fighting types, which isn't necessary. I suggest keep one of the three, and use the other two slots to teach it moves with types that aren't in the move set yet.

Two, the three fighting moves you do have are all very unreliable. Seismic Toss is dependant on a level, Reversal is dependant on the amount of HP and Revenge is dependant on you and your opponent's speed. Brick Break or Vital Throw may not do as much sometimes, but at least they're guaranteed to deal out some good damage.

If you want my opinion for a move set, I would go with:

-Earthquake
-Poison Jab
-Stone Edge
-Brick Break

Dragin990
15th May 2011, 2:17 AM
hmm. brick break would provide me with the light screen/reflect counter...
I had thought about earthquake before too.
wat about:

earthquake
stone edge
brick break
bulk up

Silent Conversation
15th May 2011, 2:24 AM
Bulk Up would be really useful, considering that would make his already powerful attacks even more powerful.

KickAsh
15th May 2011, 2:26 AM
^That's not a bad set at all. You won't be able to use a Choice Scarf, though, because of Bulk Up, and Throh has a pretty bad Speed. I would replace Bulk Up and use Poison Jab, and run that with a Choice Scarf. Or use a Choice Band and have Trick Room support somewhere.

Bulk Up is an option though.

Dragin990
15th May 2011, 3:07 AM
That's perfectly fine. I was thinkin about usin leftovers anyway and just maxin out with HP EVs.

Hey KickAsh. I just started my account this month. I was wondering if you could tell me how u got that gothille pic on ur signature

hmm. I'll consider it when I make the final set. thnx

Geekachu
15th May 2011, 6:26 PM
I don't really consider Liepard to be a Pokemon, to me it's a general annoyance.

Valoo.
15th May 2011, 6:28 PM
I don't really consider Liepard to be a Pokemon, to me it's a general annoyance.
It's one of those Pokemon loads of trainers have, like the Simis. And it's really weak and stupid.

rykerr1
15th May 2011, 6:31 PM
It's one of those Pokemon loads of trainers have, like the Simis. And it's really weak and stupid.

Just like Unfezant and Stoutland. But Stoutland has intimidate, so it's even more annoying than Liepard.

PokemonOwn
15th May 2011, 6:41 PM
Just like Unfezant and Stoutland. But Stoutland has intimidate, so it's even more annoying than Liepard.

Liepard used Fake Out!
Pikachu flinched!
Liepard used Sucker Punch!
Pikachu used Thunderbolt!
Liepard hung on using it's Focus Sash!
Liepard used Sucker Punch!
Pikachu Fainted!

Unfezant used Fly!
Unfezant flew up high!
Pikachu used Thunder!
The foe's Unfezant fainted!

Stoutland's Intimidate lowered Pikachu's Attack!
Pikachu used Thunder Wave!
Stoutland is Paralyzed, it can't move!
Pikachu used Thunder!
Stoutland is Paralyzed, it can't move!
Pikachu used Thunderbolt!
The foe's Stoutland fainted!

I hate Leipard. It's the best member of Cheren's team, apart from Haxorus/Starter.

Valoo.
15th May 2011, 6:43 PM
All a Liepard ever did to me was waste a turn.

Blazios
15th May 2011, 6:45 PM
Who would:

1) Leave Unfezant in on Pikachu?
2) Use Fly on Pikachu?
3) Teach Unfezant Fly?
4) Use Unfezant?

Valoo.
15th May 2011, 7:10 PM
Who would:

1) Leave Unfezant in on Pikachu?
2) Use Fly on Pikachu?
3) Teach Unfezant Fly?
4) Use Unfezant?
Ash ?

Geekachu
15th May 2011, 8:45 PM
Ash ?

Uh he's such a kid.

Silent Conversation
15th May 2011, 8:49 PM
Uh he's such a kid.

Which is the target audience for these games.

Robotic Wind
15th May 2011, 9:13 PM
I've decided my 12th pokemon should be...

Klink, Archen or Cryogonal...what do y'all think?

rykerr1
15th May 2011, 9:19 PM
I've decided my 12th pokemon should be...

Klink, Archen or Cryogonal...what do y'all think?

I would say Archen because Archeops is a beast.

Geekachu
15th May 2011, 9:38 PM
Which is the target audience for these games.

I was referencing when Iris annoyingly calls Ash a kid all the time in the anime. I used to like her.

Robotic Wind
15th May 2011, 10:22 PM
Turns out my Axew has Rivalry...should I get a new one that has mold breaker?

Larry
15th May 2011, 10:37 PM
Turns out my Axew has Rivalry...should I get a new one that has mold breaker?

For in-game it doesn't really matter.

Silent Conversation
15th May 2011, 10:47 PM
Well, Mold Breaker is a far better ability than Rivalry is, but like Larry said, because it's just for in-game it doesn't make all that much of a difference. If it's easy to just catch another Axew, though, I would do it.

Geekachu
16th May 2011, 7:57 AM
I had a female Fraxure with rivalry, so as you can imagine it wrecked Iris' team.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
16th May 2011, 7:22 PM
I never really found Mold Breaker useful, but Rivalry can be a huge downside

Valoo.
16th May 2011, 8:08 PM
I never really found Mold Breaker useful, but Rivalry can be a huge downside
I only found Mold Breaker useful against Cynthia's Eelektross. I'd rather something that can be useful sometimes, rather than something that can be a downside a lot of the time.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
16th May 2011, 8:18 PM
I only found Mold Breaker useful against Cynthia's Eelektross. I'd rather something that can be useful sometimes, rather than something that can be a downside a lot of the time.

Yeah exactly. That's why my Haxorus knows Mold Breaker instead of Rivalry

Silent Conversation
16th May 2011, 11:15 PM
Mold Breaker can be really useful if you're up against a Pokemon with a specific ability.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
16th May 2011, 11:16 PM
I know that, but often it would not come in handy for me

Silent Conversation
16th May 2011, 11:17 PM
Well, like ~Sapphire Sceptile~ said, it's better than having an ability that have a huge downside 50% of the time.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
16th May 2011, 11:22 PM
Yeah exactly. That's why I went with one with mold breaker

Typhlosionvsworld
16th May 2011, 11:25 PM
Mold Breaker remains useless on Shedinja, because the Pokemon with Mold Breaker are more than likely to know a super effective move. Other than that, Mold Breaker comes in handy on my Pt Rampardos.

Burakoru
16th May 2011, 11:27 PM
Hmm, yah, and it also helps with pokes like Eelektross who have no weakness via abilities like Levitate.
I'm just gonna face it, Mold Breaker is great.

Geekachu
16th May 2011, 11:28 PM
I wish my Haxorus had Mold Breaker :( If only she wasn't so competetive and didn't become rivals with every woman in Unova :/

Endoplasmic Reticulum
16th May 2011, 11:29 PM
You should've caught an Axew with Mold Breaker...

Burakoru
16th May 2011, 11:32 PM
Yah, I have one, it is wicked awesome!
But I'm still gonna try Hydreigon, just perfect, speaking of Hydreigon, what's your thoughts on Levitate.
Good for pokemon weak to Ground, but besides that, only good for when in Double Battle with pokemon with Earthquake.
Edit: Level up!

Endoplasmic Reticulum
16th May 2011, 11:35 PM
I think Levitate is pretty useful

Silent Conversation
16th May 2011, 11:36 PM

Especially when it's on an Eelektross, which gives it no weaknesses and makes it a ***** to fight.

Typhlosionvsworld
16th May 2011, 11:36 PM

Especially on Flygon, because if you didn't train it up as a Trapinch to learn Earthquake, and don't have the TM, you can use Dig and EQ won't affect you.

Burakoru
16th May 2011, 11:37 PM
Especially on Flygon, because if you didn't train it up as a Trapinch to learn Earthquake, and don't have the TM, you can use Dig and EQ won't affect you.

That works?????
I thought Earthquake would hit since you're UNDERGROUND!
Makes no sense at all.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
16th May 2011, 11:39 PM

EQ on a digging levitator doesn't work? As Bekidding says, that really doesn't make sense...

Silent Conversation
16th May 2011, 11:41 PM
Even if a levitating Pokémon uses Dig, Levitate still makes Earthquake and Magnitude miss.

So Typhlosionvsworld got this one right.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
16th May 2011, 11:42 PM
That's really stupid...

Silent Conversation
16th May 2011, 11:43 PM
Yeah, it doesn't make much sense that the Pokemon is underground, yet still somehow levitating above ground. But, that's the way the ability has been programmed, so nothing we can do.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
16th May 2011, 11:45 PM
Nintendo logic

weaviledarkrai
16th May 2011, 11:46 PM
Nintendo logic

Yeah. That's GF for you

Silent Conversation
16th May 2011, 11:47 PM
Or just laziness to alter the programming that Levitate blocks all ground types just for two specific moves.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
16th May 2011, 11:47 PM
Sorry, I meant Gamefreak Logic

Typhlosionvsworld
16th May 2011, 11:50 PM
Same thing when Charizard, Ninjask, or Ledian use Dig. I don't get it, but I refuse to complain because I use this to my advantage.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
16th May 2011, 11:52 PM
I think them using dig makes sense somewhat. But levitating while you're underground doesn't