19th May 2011, 9:37 PM
1/135 had a connection to older pokemon in Gen III

That number is wrong.

Blazios
19th May 2011, 9:47 PM
Yeah, Gen III had Azurill and Wynaut.

Geekachu
19th May 2011, 10:44 PM
I did like Gen IV, but that was because for me there was nothing to dislike. For me it was a very clean cut generation, aesthetically, plot-wise. I mean Sinnoh just took the same body that Ruby/Sapphire introduced and just dusted up the aesthetics and made a new region. But all even numbered gens (well, both of them) are basically the games that are the missing links, the glue that holds the world together.

For a while GenII was my favourite (biased from my first game- Gold) however at the moment GenV has a lot of potential from what it's released so far. See unlike clean-cut Sinnoh, Unova introduced a lot of risks. A lot of quirky designs that some people don't like (Klink line, Vanillite line... STUNFISK) but that for me, and the fact there are a lot of imperfections as a result of the risks taken, makes it such a brilliant region. If my hopes are confirmed through the release of Grey and R/S remakes, GenV could well be my new fave.

Oh and GenI is probably my least fave. I respect the nostalgia however when Kanto was first made there were too many restrictions for it to be anyway near Unova's greatness, however the Sevii Islands were a really nice introduction.

The Eleventh
19th May 2011, 11:14 PM
Even generations are supposed to introduce new evolutions/pre evolutions while odd generations are usually a reboot
You're concluding this from a very small pattern. Just because Gen III and V didn't have many connections to previous generations, it doesn't mean that Gen VII will be the same.

Silent Conversation
19th May 2011, 11:23 PM
Every other Gen they had a ton of new evos. I hope they don't make a lucario evo. The terror :O

Oh my god, that would be horrible.

Blazios
19th May 2011, 11:24 PM
TBH, I think the first 4 gens' Pokémon are never going to see any more evos/preevos, given the focus on a new start that was present in B/W.

Mystica
19th May 2011, 11:27 PM
TBH, I think the first 4 gens' Pokémon are never going to see any more evos/preevos, given the focus on a new start that was present in B/W.

That is a good point. I think the likelihood of them expanding on previous gens. is pretty low. Although I wouldn't have minded a couple more Eevee evolutions. X3

Silent Conversation
19th May 2011, 11:38 PM
Some more Eeveelutions would be nice, but 7 is enough, I guess. Also, I kind of hope that they focus on Gen V more when it's time to decide on evos and pre-evos for Gen VI, because there's quite a few Gen V Pokemon that I would love to see their evolution line expand.

Blazios
19th May 2011, 11:48 PM
Yeah, Basculin and Audino need evos to not suck.

Silent Conversation
19th May 2011, 11:49 PM
I don't see Basuclin getting any new additions to its family. I do see Audino getting one, but strangely enough I see it getting a pre-evolution... or it could be like Roselia where it gets both an evolution AND a pre-evolution. I can kind of see that working for Audino.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
20th May 2011, 12:12 AM
Luvdisc, Quilfish, Corsola, and Dunsparce need evolutions.

Silent Conversation
20th May 2011, 12:24 AM

No they don't - if they did need evolutions, there's been plenty opportunity to give some to them before.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
20th May 2011, 12:25 AM
Well Tangela and Lickitung needed evolutions in Gen I but they didn't get them in Gen II, they got them in Gen IV. There are plenty pre Gen V Pokemon that will still most likely get evolutions

Silent Conversation
20th May 2011, 12:26 AM
I just don't see the ones you mentioned getting them. I think they were meant to be standalone Pokemon for a reason.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
20th May 2011, 12:59 AM
No they aren't. Some pokemon are standalone that I don't mind because they're powerful, like Heatmor and Durant. However, those are really weak standalone Pokemon

manifesto
20th May 2011, 4:58 AM
Eh, some pokemon just aren't going to get one I think. Not all of them won't. Just a few. Or they'll at least see an evolution much further down the road. What I'm finding is that the pokemon that do get evolutions are semi-popular among players because of their design etc. Dunsparce, Luvdisc, Corsola and Qwilfish aren't nearly as popular as any of the pokemon in the past that got evolutions. Maybe I'm wrong, but I did notice that trend.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
20th May 2011, 5:00 AM
Manifesto, really I didn't know Yanma was popular...

manifesto
20th May 2011, 5:01 AM
Yanma was a cool pokemon to begin with that had a lot of potential because the 3rd gen gave it speed boost.

R_N
20th May 2011, 5:02 AM
I just don't see the ones you mentioned getting them. I think they were meant to be standalone Pokemon for a reason.

And up until gen 4, I'm certain people thought the same of Tangela, Lickitung, Nosepass, Yanma, and Gligar.

Blazios
Manifesto, really I didn't know Yanma was popular...

Hey, Yanmega's my favourite Pokémon and Yanma's one of them...

Endoplasmic Reticulum
Yes but it wasn't popular

edit: I love Yanmega too but the thing is it wasn't popular like Manifesto is claiming...

BCVM22
20th May 2011, 5:04 AM
What I'm finding is that the pokemon that do get evolutions are semi-popular among players because of their design etc.

I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that "fan popularity" probably isn't a driving force behind which critters get evolutions and which don't.

Paradoxe
20th May 2011, 5:06 AM

I can't believe Alomomomomomola isn't the evolved form of Luvdisk.

Silent Conversation
20th May 2011, 5:07 AM
If the point of 5th gen wasn't to completely separate from all the previous generations, I'm certain that it would have been an evolution of Luvdisc. For all we know, they could have made it with the intention of making it a Luvdisc evo, but decided to separate Gen V from the other gens after they made the Pokemon, so it became a standalone one.

R_N
20th May 2011, 5:07 AM
I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that "fan popularity" probably isn't a driving force behind which critters get evolutions and which don't.

Especially since I don't think people sent a second thought towards, say, Lickitung or Tangela.
Don't remember Snorunt or Magneton topping those charts, either.

Or, taking a step back, willing to say Seadra wasn't popular.

Silent Conversation
20th May 2011, 5:10 AM
Makes people wonder what actually does factor into the decision of expanding an evolution line...

manifesto
20th May 2011, 5:12 AM
Well, I'm not saying it's the ONLY force, and if I sounded like that I apologize. But it just seemed that way since Pokemon people generally liked that could have been better got evolutions in Gen II & IV. Gen II seems to be a bit iffy on that though in my opinion.

Yanma again, with Gen III giving it Speed Boost, it got a bit of a cool ability that only one other pokemon had. It was unusable though because of its horrid movepool and lack of anything to make it stand out so they made Yanmega.

Again, just to clarify, this is just a thought. I'm not gonna sit here and say OMG I KNO WUT GOEZ ON IN GF HQ. It's just a hunch that I gather from what I've observed.

Especially since I don't think people sent a second thought towards, say, Lickitung or Tangela.
Don't remember Snorunt or Magneton topping those charts, either.

Or, taking a step back, willing to say Seadra wasn't popular.

Well Tangela was a decent defensive Pokemon that probably had some sort of something behind it. I can't defend them all but for the most part it seems logical...

Lickitung may have gotten popularity from the TV show... and YES I know the whole show =/= games thing. No need to re-iterate it.

Snorunt was a cool pokemon, it evolved into Glalie, they needed another pokemon to evolve with the Dawn Stone. A female at least, they used a Japanese legend that involved a ghostly kimono girl...

Seadra was a cool pokemon again, people see potential, they improve it.

And I dunno how you feel on Magneton, but I saw a lot of it.

BCVM22
20th May 2011, 5:14 AM
Makes people wonder what actually does factor into the decision of expanding an evolution line...

Probably most of what goes into making the critters in the first place, i.e. whatever the art department and the programmers feel like doing.

R_N
20th May 2011, 5:14 AM

If what we've gleamed from interviews is any indication "Okay let's try and make evolutions of older Pokemon that also meet our type quotas"
and then they do

I wouldn't be surprised if some of the designers chose their favorite Pokemon
I wonder if Morimoto was responsible for Tangrowth...

Silent Conversation
20th May 2011, 5:19 AM
Yeah, they probably just pick the Pokemon they like and want to feature more. But to me that's kind of annoying considering Morimoto's in-game team taught us that some of these designers don't have very good taste in Pokemon...

Pichu47
20th May 2011, 5:20 AM
I wonder if Morimoto was responsible for Tangrowth...

What if tangrowth gets an evo???

BCVM22
20th May 2011, 5:21 AM
But to me that's kind of annoying considering Morimoto's in-game team taught us that some of these designers don't have very good taste in Pokemon...

How did it teach us this...?

manifesto
20th May 2011, 5:22 AM
Because he wasn't using the OU holy crap that pokemon is so BAMF type of pokemon. /Sarcasm

Silent Conversation
20th May 2011, 5:22 AM
Well, Morimoto's team consisted of the pretty mediocre elemental monkeys, Liepard which is nothing special, Swoobat which also isn't very good and Zebstrika which is the closest to being good on his team. It's mostly my personal opinion, but the Pokemon he likes aren't very good.

BCVM22
20th May 2011, 5:24 AM
Forgive me terribly, but it sounds for all intents and purposes like what you're saying is that it's alright for the fans to believe in using the Pokémon they like, but not for the creative staff to do so.

Am I misunderstanding something here?

manifesto
20th May 2011, 5:25 AM
Well sure, he used pokemon that wouldn't normally be seen anywhere but they're his favorites, so I see no problem.

This is almost like me saying that because I listen to underground punk/indie music and my friend listens to pop that he has bad taste in music. I'm not one to judge what he likes.

No hate though, just sayin'

Silent Conversation
20th May 2011, 5:26 AM
Yes, because I'm saying that I personally don't think he has taste because I don't really like the Pokemon he likes. Hence me saying "It's mostly my personal opinion"

Paradoxe
20th May 2011, 5:26 AM
Forgive me terribly, but it sounds for all intents and purposes like what you're saying is that it's alright for the fans to believe in using the Pokémon they like, but not for the creative staff to do so.

Am I misunderstanding something here?

Yeah. Designers can only like the only good Pokemon, Scrafty.[/sarcasm]

Endoplasmic Reticulum
20th May 2011, 5:28 AM
I think his pokemon are intentionally supposed to be generic. IDK if that's just what I found

manifesto
20th May 2011, 5:30 AM
How could you possibly know what goes on there? Your observations based off of experience and transitive property mean nothing! #needstoletthingsgo

Endoplasmic Reticulum
20th May 2011, 5:34 AM
I find that all his Pokemon are generic is more than a coincidence

Mario with Lasers
20th May 2011, 5:39 AM
It's really curious that all of his pokémon are early-game ones and three of them were spammed everywhere in Unova. Ok we got it those monkeys form a trio I don't want to face them anymore.

Besides, I know this isn't a really valid argument, but I feel he could have used less "common" pokémon he also likes. Everybody and their grandmothers have the monkeys and Cheren and Grimsley have Liepard (the other two are ok since only Skyla and Elesa have them iirc, at least among the important NPCs); couldn't he have Gigalith? Excadrill? Conkeldurr? Audino lol? Escavalier? Accelgor? Ferrothorn (which no one uses in-game wtf hax)? Mandibuzz (which, again, no one has in-game)?

manifesto
20th May 2011, 5:40 AM
I was being sarcastic due to everyone jumping at my idea behind part of what goes behind evolutions...

I actually do agree with you somewhat though. Maybe he actually likes all those pokemon.

Silent Conversation
20th May 2011, 5:46 AM
Besides, I know this isn't a really valid argument, but I feel he could have used less "common" pokémon he also likes. Everybody and their grandmothers have the monkeys and Cheren and Grimsley have Liepard (the other two are ok since only Skyla and Elesa have them iirc, at least among the important NPCs); couldn't he have Gigalith? Excadrill? Conkeldurr? Audino lol? Escavalier? Accelgor? Ferrothorn (which no one uses in-game wtf hax)? Mandibuzz (which, again, no one has in-game)?

This is basically why I think Morimoto has no taste. He likes the really cliche Pokemon that are used by everybody.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
20th May 2011, 6:14 AM
I have a feeling it might be intentional

R_N
20th May 2011, 6:23 AM
This is basically why I think Morimoto has no taste. He likes the really cliche Pokemon that are used by everybody.

I wouldn't be surprised if that was his debug team
Guy really likes the early-game guys and I wouldn't exactly call them cliche since most people will dump...well...all of them (except maybe Simisage/Simipour).

iShock
20th May 2011, 8:27 AM
1. He has no taste and actually likes them.
2. This is a joke team.
3. People expect a powerful team and he surprises them by having a weak team.
4. He closed his eyes and started clicking on random Pokemon (probably not because of Simisage/sear/pour.)
5. His friends did it for him.
6. He was bored.
7. He was drunk.
8. He had programmed too many Pokemon games and started clicking random Pokemon for his team.
9. He was... something.

Excitable Boy
20th May 2011, 8:32 AM
Maybe it was to meant to show the player that if they could beat his team twenty levels underlevelled, his team sucked and the player needs better Pokemon?

Geekachu
20th May 2011, 8:43 AM
I noticed no-one had a Vullaby or a Mandibuzz. It's so annoying for people playing white. Hopefully if there's a Grey they can include it in Grimsley's Team (by making the E4 teams consist of 5 Pokemon). They should do that, and just give Shauntal a Patrat because there are only 4 Ghost type evolution families.

Well- I say only, but it's actually quite a lot compared to previous Gens.

iShock
20th May 2011, 10:26 AM
Can someone tell me what Thundurus/Tornadus/Landorus look like without their clouds ROFLOLMAO XD

MegaMew2
20th May 2011, 11:09 AM
I noticed no-one had a Vullaby or a Mandibuzz. It's so annoying for people playing white. Hopefully if there's a Grey they can include it in Grimsley's Team (by making the E4 teams consist of 5 Pokemon). They should do that, and just give Shauntal a Patrat because there are only 4 Ghost type evolution families.

Well- I say only, but it's actually quite a lot compared to previous Gens.

I agree with you. It's basically impossible to see Vullaby and Mandibuzz without trading if you have White... D:
That sucks because I kind of like Mandibuzz...

swampertlover5712
20th May 2011, 2:43 PM
Those Pokemon are a fail of epic proportions with or without their cloud . . .

Mister_SGG
20th May 2011, 2:47 PM
They should do that, and just give Shauntal a Patrat because there are only 4 Ghost type evolution families.

Well, they could give her a second Jellicent. It's nothing they didn't do with Elesa or Drayden/Iris.

The Eleventh
20th May 2011, 3:24 PM
I noticed no-one had a Vullaby or a Mandibuzz. It's so annoying for people playing white. Hopefully if there's a Grey they can include it in Grimsley's Team (by making the E4 teams consist of 5 Pokemon.
If the Elite Four's teams consisted of five Pokémon, wouldn't that make it a little bit more difficult to take on N and Ghetsis after? On the topic of battling N and Ghetsis at the League, I think those battles wouldn't have as much of an impact that they had in Black and White. Players will know the twist is coming (not battling the Champion), and so the ending may feel lacking. A double battle against N and Ghetsis, in which you team up with Alder? It would give him a bigger role, considering he's battling post-E4.

Dragin990
20th May 2011, 3:41 PM
That's very true, seeing Alder only talks to you for a little and never battles.
I wonder how powerful his team will be against theirs. It might be an even match-up seeing your own team should be at least lvls 50-60.

Sizerdrix
20th May 2011, 3:59 PM
Alder's team sucks, seriously weakest champion yet.

You only know about not fighting the champion if you've been spoilered. I played the game shortly after release and was surprised by the change in elite 4 over what they've done with pretty much every other gen before this one. It was different.

And as for the Vullaby/Mandibuzz, aren't you happy you're on a forum with a trade section then? GTS is useless anyway as most of the time people want ridiculous things for the stupidest trades.

EeveeTamer
20th May 2011, 4:06 PM
Alder's team sucks, seriously weakest champion yet.

And as for the Vullaby/Mandibuzz, aren't you happy you're on a forum with a trade section then? GTS is useless anyway as most of the time people want ridiculous things for the stupidest trades.

Right. GTS is Useless for that simple fact. Tell me who would trade for a joltick when the person is wanting a lvl 100 dragonite please people get a clue.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
20th May 2011, 4:20 PM
What I don't like about Alder is that his team isn't diverse enough. He has three bug types!

MegaMew2
20th May 2011, 6:04 PM
I haven't battled Alder yet.
Is his team really that sucky?

Blazios
20th May 2011, 6:05 PM
I haven't battled Alder yet.
Is his team really that sucky?

It's not THAT bad, his worst thing is Druddigon.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
20th May 2011, 6:08 PM
No no no, his Vanniluxe is the worst thing.

Blazios
20th May 2011, 6:12 PM
Vanilluxe's only downfall is its movepool, while Druddigon's stats are horrible for a Dragon.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
20th May 2011, 6:13 PM
I think Druddigon is a great Pokemon because it's not a hassle to train like most other dragons.

Geekachu
20th May 2011, 6:45 PM
If the Elite Four's teams consisted of five Pokémon, wouldn't that make it a little bit more difficult to take on N and Ghetsis after?

It depends if in a 'Grey' you even would battle N and Ghetsis after. And they could just make the levels lower like them having two Lv47's, two Lv48's and a Lv50. I've got it all worked out:

Shauntal: Female Jellicent, Cofagrigus, Male Jellicent, Golurk, Chandelure
Grimsley: Liepard, Zoroark, Krookodile, Mandibuzz, Bisharp
Caitlin: Musharna, Gothitelle, Sigilyph, Reuniclus, Beeheeyem/Swoobat
Marshall: Throh, Sawk, Scrafty (from Grimsley), Mienshao, Conkeldurr

It all works :D

...And I thought about it too much...

Endoplasmic Reticulum
20th May 2011, 6:58 PM
I don't think it would make it harder than N and Ghetis because they have 6 Pokemon. N having a legendary, and Ghetis having an overpowered Hydreigon. Plus, they would be lower leveled than them

Grey Wind
20th May 2011, 7:08 PM
I never found Ghetis's Hydreigon hard. I think my Haxorus died to it, but then my Samurott killed it with Megahorn.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
20th May 2011, 7:30 PM
The first time I did, but the second time I lucked out. That does not change the fact it is really difficult

R_N
20th May 2011, 7:31 PM
What I don't like about Alder is that his team isn't diverse enough. He has three bug types!

This isn't really new for champions. Lance had three dragons (5 flying types), Steven had 3 steel types and 3 rock types (1 overlapped), and Wallace had nothing but Water types.

Besides, he also has a Normal type (something new for champs), a Dragon type, an Ice Type, one of his bugs is part Steel and the other is part Fire.
And the champion owning bug types is pretty neat!

Grey Wind
20th May 2011, 7:33 PM
Yeah, Bugs got a much needed boost this Gen.

The Eleventh
20th May 2011, 7:38 PM
I don't think it would make it harder than N and Ghetis because they have 6 Pokemon. N having a legendary, and Ghetis having an overpowered Hydreigon. Plus, they would be lower leveled than them
I didn't find neither N nor Ghetsis difficult. N was very easy to take down once his r@m was out of the way, and Ghetsis was a nice challenge, but not too strong. The Elite Four were way too easy in Black and White. The last Gym was harder than they were.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
20th May 2011, 7:38 PM
This isn't really new for champions. Lance had three dragons (5 flying types), Steven had 3 steel types and 3 rock types (1 overlapped), and Wallace had nothing but Water types.

Besides, he also has a Normal type (something new for champs), a Dragon type, an Ice Type, one of his bugs is part Steel and the other is part Fire.
And the champion owning bug types is pretty neat!
But that's because that's their type specialty. Alder is not supposed to have one...

magikarpsucks
20th May 2011, 7:41 PM
does anyone know about genosect event in japan????????????????????????????????????????

Pichu47
20th May 2011, 7:45 PM
But that's because that's their type specialty. Alder is not supposed to have one...

I agree Alder had way to many type repeats. I easily swept his team.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
20th May 2011, 7:47 PM
No, and we probably won't know for another two to three years

Grey Wind
20th May 2011, 7:54 PM
does anyone know about genosect event in japan????????????????????????????????????????
No, but there's this magical site where you can get Pokemon news on called Serebii.
Also, this has been asked millions of times. The Genesect event won't be out in Japan for a few years at least.

bushie
20th May 2011, 8:00 PM
adler to me was the easiest champion wallace however was easy if you chose treecko as your starter. however n's dad can't really spell his name was the hardest trainer i ever fought after hg/ss red. i mean i used so many revives man

Sizerdrix
20th May 2011, 8:01 PM
On Alder, just wondering. Was it ever revealed what his dead pokemon was? I don't remember that being mentioned. Just wondering because it might improve my opinion of him a tiny amount.

Lorde
20th May 2011, 8:04 PM
On Alder, just wondering. Was it ever revealed what his dead pokemon was? I don't remember that being mentioned. Just wondering because it might improve my opinion of him a tiny amount.

The Pokemon is never identified. I think we're supposed to come up with our own conclusions. Or maybe it'll actually be revealed in another game. Either or.

Grey Wind
20th May 2011, 8:08 PM
Someone had a theory that Alder is Red and the dead Pokemon was his Pikachu :/

Endoplasmic Reticulum
20th May 2011, 8:15 PM
That is a stupid theory. Please don't bring it up again

Grey Wind
20th May 2011, 8:18 PM
I know it's stupid.
Hence the ':/'

Endoplasmic Reticulum
20th May 2011, 8:19 PM
I am aware. I'm just asking for you not to bring it up again

~Light
20th May 2011, 8:26 PM
Alder is way to weak to be Red xD

Red was the thoughest trainer in all the pokemon games imo, and 2nd place cynthia

Cynthia is way more challenging in B&W then Alder

Endoplasmic Reticulum
20th May 2011, 8:27 PM
Alder is probably the second easiest champion next to Wallace

Grey Wind
20th May 2011, 8:32 PM
Why was Wallace champ anyway? Seemed kind of pointless.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
20th May 2011, 8:34 PM
I think they changed it for the sake of changing it so it would make the game seem more different...

Grey Wind
20th May 2011, 8:35 PM
It would have worked better if it was like G/S/C - returning to a region, rather than the same game again.
And Juan could have had a different type

Endoplasmic Reticulum
20th May 2011, 8:36 PM
What do you mean Sapphire Sceptile?

Grey Wind
20th May 2011, 8:37 PM
About Juan, or the first point?

Endoplasmic Reticulum
20th May 2011, 8:39 PM
First point.

Grey Wind
20th May 2011, 8:41 PM
I meant that in G/S, you returned to Kanto after three years, so it made sense that things had changed (Koga being an E4 member etc) But Emerald was - generally - the same game as R/S, so it didn't make sense to have it look like it was in the 'future' with Wallace now as champion instead of Steven.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
20th May 2011, 8:43 PM
Again, it felt like they made changes for the sake of making changes.

And I'm guessing Emerald is in an alternate universe where Wallace is champion, like Ruby and Sapphire are in two different universes?

The Eleventh
20th May 2011, 8:59 PM
Again, it felt like they made changes for the sake of making changes.

And I'm guessing Emerald is in an alternate universe where Wallace is champion, like Ruby and Sapphire are in two different universes?
Obviously. Magma and Aqua can't have tried to take over the world/sea twice/thrice, now can they?

Endoplasmic Reticulum
20th May 2011, 9:02 PM
Obviously. Magma and Aqua can't have tried to take over the world/sea twice/thrice, now can they?

Yeah. The alternate universe also applies to black and white with Opelucid and Black City/White Forest

BCVM22
20th May 2011, 9:15 PM

Pot meet kettle.

The third games take the place of their paired counterparts in what passes for continuity. As said, it's illogical to believe that only one side of the noted events (Aqua/Kyogre, Magma/Groudon, Dialga, Palkia, Zekrom, Reshiram, whatever) happened and more logical to believe that the "accurate" version of events is the one that incorporates both halves.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
20th May 2011, 9:16 PM
Pot meet kettle

I don't understand this, are you making fun of my font or something?

And yeah, I believe the third version is the proper cannon

Silent Conversation
20th May 2011, 10:00 PM

Considering some of your opinions are the most ridiculous I've ever seen, I don't think you have a right to be telling people what they can and cannot bring up.

Also, I agree that the third version of a set is the most canon out of the three.

DBK
20th May 2011, 11:43 PM
Pot meet kettle.

The third games take the place of their paired counterparts in what passes for continuity. As said, it's illogical to believe that only one side of the noted events (Aqua/Kyogre, Magma/Groudon, Dialga, Palkia, Zekrom, Reshiram, whatever) happened and more logical to believe that the "accurate" version of events is the one that incorporates both halves.

Nice.

I tend to believe that. So agreed.

Considering some of your opinions are the most ridiculous I've ever seen, I don't think you have a right to be telling people what they can and cannot bring up.

Also, I agree that the third version of a set is the most canon out of the three.

Lol Truer words were never spoken.

Silent Conversation
20th May 2011, 11:53 PM
Lol Truer words were never spoken.

I assume you mean my first part, considering I don't think you would respond "LOL" to be saying the third game is the most canon :p

DBK
20th May 2011, 11:54 PM
I assume you mean my first part, considering I don't think you would respond "LOL" to be saying the third game is the most canon :p

lol Your attention to detail is most impressive. :p

Silent Conversation
20th May 2011, 11:56 PM
That's something I take pride in, so thank you :p

Typhlosionvsworld
20th May 2011, 11:58 PM
Yeah. The alternate universe also applies to black and white with Opelucid and Black City/White Forest

Or, there may be areas that you can't seem to find in the universe of B/W. People get lost, you know.

Silent Conversation
21st May 2011, 12:03 AM
Or, there may be areas that you can't seem to find in the universe of B/W. People get lost, you know.

In the case of White, though, this wouldn't make sense. I can understand being able to find a giant, technological city and not a quiet forest, but I don't see how the opposite would work. How can you stumble across this pretty empty, quiet, natural place, but yet not notice the bright, very loud and big technological city that should evidently be very nearby if we're going by your theory.

bobandbill
21st May 2011, 3:56 AM
Yep, this thread shot itself in the foot seeing hardly anyone is actually talking about B/W. Closed after popular demand and mod discussions!