PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Black and White General Discussion

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Rentaline99
13th January 2011, 12:58 AM
Atlanta luck strikes me again! Looks like I'm going to make it to this tour.

rocky505
13th January 2011, 1:06 AM
It sucks that Atlanta is the closest one to me. I always get ticked off when they never have something like this in Alabama :( Come on Alabama has many cities they can do this in. Birmingham is best bet though.

Dr. Leggs
13th January 2011, 1:09 AM
I always get ticked off when they never have something like this in Alabama :( Come on Alabama has many cities they can do this in. Birmingham is best bet though.

In an event where they only have about a dozen cities they can run in, Alabama is not much of a likely contender. It's not a bad choice on their part.

Roknar
13th January 2011, 1:50 AM
It sucks that Atlanta is the closest one to me. I always get ticked off when they never have something like this in Alabama :( Come on Alabama has many cities they can do this in. Birmingham is best bet though.

I live close to Atlanta, but there's no way I'll be able to go there.. :B

It's too bad because I would have really enjoyed it.

Grei
13th January 2011, 4:21 AM
Too bad I'm in Illinois and won't be traveling to Indiana for something like this.

Not that something like this is that important. All it does is let you play a small portion of the games a month earlier than the rest of the world. Whoopee.

Cobalt_Latios
13th January 2011, 4:25 AM
Relevant to this point, Cartoon Network in the United States frequently uses Friday nights as a premiere night.

Pursuant to that, both Battle Frontier and Diamond and Pearl were premiered in exactly that fashion. Battle Frontier showed its first episode on a Friday night followed by the next episode the next morning and a normal weekly Saturday run from there, and Diamond and Pearl premiered its first three episodes on the Friday night before the Sunday, April 22, 2007 release of those games in North America, followed by the start of its normal run about two months later.

Furthermore, Sinnoh League Victors has only five episodes left to premiere, the first of which will air on January 8th. If one assumes the remaining four after that will air every week thereafter, that has Sinnoh concluding in North America on Saturday, February 5th, making it perfectly plausible that they intend to take a month's break in premieres and then start up the Unova anime train the Friday before the games launch in North America.
Damn, I like how it all meshes so well together. All timed perfectly so that in the end it sort of "flows". I'd vouch a guess as to say that this is to maintain a momentum of sorts. Maybe, maybe not, but the timing seems perfect for something of that nature.

On a odd note, what episode was Japan at when we started DP?

C_L

BCVM22
13th January 2011, 4:44 AM
On a odd note, what episode was Japan at when we started DP?

Huh. Good question. Lemme see...

The first three episodes of Diamond and Pearl had their USA preview premiere on April 20, 2007, at which time the Japanese run was at DP 030 (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/DP030).

The dub premiered for good on June 7 of that year, at which time the Japanese run was at DP 037 (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/DP037).

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_anime_episodes

Cobalt_Latios
13th January 2011, 5:08 AM
Huh. Good question. Lemme see...

The first three episodes of Diamond and Pearl had their USA preview premiere on April 20, 2007, at which time the Japanese run was at DP 030 (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/DP030).

The dub premiered for good on June 7 of that year, at which time the Japanese run was at DP 037 (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/DP037).

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_anime_episodes
Hmm... so, we're actually getting the next dub season a bit earlier this time. Interesting. I'd vouch that by the time the U.S. is properly into the series, Japan should probably be into the 30's ish somewhere.

C_L

BCVM22
13th January 2011, 5:25 AM
That's if Best Wishes starts its dubbed run on March 4, which makes plenty of sense but isn't at all confirmed or hinted at in any official capacity.

The very, very, very general average gap between an episode's Japanese premiere and its American premiere is very roughly 140-150 days, or about 4-5 months, which is pretty darn impressive if you think about it; an episode can premiere in Japan in January and be dubbed and on American television by May or June.

But even that can be skewed by a number of factors; if you look at that list I linked to above, you'll notice on occasions the gap was as high as 160-170 days or even as low as 99 days in at least one case.

Ophie
13th January 2011, 12:16 PM
I'm actually kind of surprised the tour is going to southern California. I remember the last American tour, Phoenix was the representative city for the American southwest. I guess it makes sense geographically speaking, a major metropolitan area at the center of the region.

Southern California has such a huge population compared to central Arizona though. If one were to plan a tour like this, would attendance be greater to place it at the heart of a major megalopolis or at the geographic center of a region?

SmartD
13th January 2011, 3:07 PM
I'm going to the one in Discover Mills since it happens to be one of the malls I used to go to. It's going to be a lot of fun over there, I can't wait.

MetalFlygon08
13th January 2011, 4:09 PM
Illinois to Indiana's to far a trip for me, I'll just wait to hear about it all here...

Rowdy
13th January 2011, 5:02 PM
It's possible that the dubbed version of Best Wish's could premier on Saturday the 5th and not on Friday.

My reasoning is that, if I remember correctly, CN will be premiering the Zoroark movie on the same Saturday they'll be airing the last DP episode instead of the usual Friday afternoon.

But I could be wrong so the movies air date will need to be verified. But if it is Saturday, then BW will likely follow suit.

Tepig
13th January 2011, 10:21 PM
It seems IGN has obtained some english pokemon names,
http://ds.ign.com/articles/114/1143911p1.html
No other sources though.

Elgnit
13th January 2011, 10:58 PM
I find it funny that people are questioning IGN's credibility even though they have screenshots. If they were names that everyone liked (impossible feat by the way), no one would question it.

Sure they aren't the official website, but they're one of the biggest gaming sites on the net, and definitely get some early deets for the Big N.

Pokemon Trainer Blue
14th January 2011, 4:40 AM
Axew? Meh, disappointing.

Dr. Leggs
14th January 2011, 4:55 AM
Well, as the official site has updated with IGN's reveal, I think it's safe to say these names are confirmed.

What would you have preferred for Axew, PTB?

raz1337
14th January 2011, 5:23 AM
That's if Best Wishes starts its dubbed run on March 4, which makes plenty of sense but isn't at all confirmed or hinted at in any official capacity.

The very, very, very general average gap between an episode's Japanese premiere and its American premiere is very roughly 140-150 days, or about 4-5 months, which is pretty darn impressive if you think about it; an episode can premiere in Japan in January and be dubbed and on American television by May or June.

But even that can be skewed by a number of factors; if you look at that list I linked to above, you'll notice on occasions the gap was as high as 160-170 days or even as low as 99 days in at least one case.

Well, yeah, DP in the US was ~4 months behind DP in Japan by the time the league was on the horizon. That was a pretty good turn around time. Memories are Made of Bliss aired on September 9th, and it'll air on Feb 5th here. I just hope we can keep up that 140-150 day turnaround time. Perhaps they're finally getting used to it the cycle or something?

Even though we had 2 months in between DP's premiere and the regular run, we had an episode every DAY or every few days until it settled down to the normal 1 week run. I'm assuming BW will do the same in order to catch up quickly.

When should we expect Best Wishes promos and previews? It's interesting how the league wraps up in 3 weeks and there's a lack of promos so far. Weren't the first ones we got at the end of DP188 or 189?

BCVM22
14th January 2011, 5:34 AM
Depends entirely on when BW premieres. If you assume that March 4 date, one would imagine they'll start promoting it about a month in advance, so about two weeks from now. Beyond that, I got no idea.

playerking
14th January 2011, 9:01 AM
@BCVM22, I wouldn't mind saying that i told you so about the release date for europe.

I'm glad the australian date is only 4 days after the american release. Can't wait to play it, it looks like the best generation so far.

BCVM22
14th January 2011, 10:18 AM
@BCVM22, I wouldn't mind saying that i told you so about the release date for europe.

I wouldn't mind saying that I never discounted the date outright, merely presented other possibilities with more support to them. Or any number of other less erudite responses.

But of course we're both above that, aren't we?

smashbro77
14th January 2011, 8:55 PM
not sure if this is the right place to ask this but....
Will you be able to wifi trade or battle with black and white on the 3ds?
I apoligize if this has been asked before

BCVM22
14th January 2011, 10:07 PM
Putting aside the fact that the 3DS is a product not yet on the market and thus it's impossible to actually give you the answer you seek, the fact that the 3DS will have complete backwards compatibility with the DS family would seem to indicate that the system can act as a DS in terms of inter-system compatibility when playing a DS title. The Game Boy Advance was able to act in much the same reverse-compatible fashion when playing a Game Boy or Game Boy Color title.

Again, however, that's a question based saved for 2-3 months from now if you're looking for a concrete answer.

tmega90
14th January 2011, 10:53 PM
I read in the new Nintendo Power issue that the Live Caster is called the Xtransceiver.

matt0044
14th January 2011, 11:18 PM
I read in the new Nintendo Power issue that the Live Caster is called the Xtransceiver.

Is that name suppose to be cool?

smashbro77
14th January 2011, 11:57 PM
Putting aside the fact that the 3DS is a product not yet on the market and thus it's impossible to actually give you the answer you seek, the fact that the 3DS will have complete backwards compatibility with the DS family would seem to indicate that the system can act as a DS in terms of inter-system compatibility when playing a DS title. The Game Boy Advance was able to act in much the same reverse-compatible fashion when playing a Game Boy or Game Boy Color title.

Again, however, that's a question based saved for 2-3 months from now if you're looking for a concrete answer.

Yea thats what I thought the case probably was, I was just wondering if there was any concrete evidence released by nintendo yet becuase I plan to get both the 3ds and pokemon black at the same time when they come out here in the states. Thanks anyway though.

GaZsTiC
15th January 2011, 12:13 AM

Is that name suppose to be cool?

Its "hip" with the kids, yo.

DSDark
15th January 2011, 1:42 AM

picture please?

Mighty Arceus493
15th January 2011, 2:05 AM
not sure if this is the right place to ask this but....
Will you be able to wifi trade or battle with black and white on the 3ds?
I apoligize if this has been asked before
Yep. You can do that on any DS!

Sponge
15th January 2011, 2:22 AM
On the topic of 3DS connectivity....

say I have a copy Pokemon Soul Silver/Black in my normal DS....
and I have Pokemon White in my 3ds.

Will I be able to make them games communicate between each other and trade/emigrate pokemon to Pokemon White? My worry is the two different systems might effect the possibility to connect...

BCVM22
15th January 2011, 2:29 AM
On the topic of 3DS connectivity....

say I have a copy Pokemon Soul Silver/Black in my normal DS....
and I have Pokemon White in my 3ds.

Will I be able to make them games communicate between each other and trade/emigrate pokemon to Pokemon White? My worry is the two different systems might effect the possibility to connect...

Blimey. Again:

tmega90
15th January 2011, 4:11 AM
picture please?

I am sorry I don't have a picture but I will try to get a picture next time I go out to town.

Grei
15th January 2011, 5:08 PM
... so until that happens, Live Caster is still open to the possibility of not getting an awful name. X-Transceiver sounds horribly cliche. Hopefully, 'Live Caster' just stays roughly the same.

Aurath8
15th January 2011, 5:53 PM
I think the for corners of the letter X could refer to the four parts of the Live Caster screen. I do aggree with Grei though that it os cliche a tries to hard to sound cool.

tmega90
15th January 2011, 8:48 PM
I will try to get a picture on Monday or Tuesday.

Missingno. Master
16th January 2011, 1:13 PM
No need for pictures. Serebii just confirmed it. You were right.

It's apparently pronounced as "cross-tranciever", though. I can think of worse names than Xtranciever, definitely.

lindsy95
16th January 2011, 2:45 PM
Dang, I'm going to think of the X-nauts from paper mario whenever I use that thing now XD

tmega90
16th January 2011, 4:02 PM
Its cool that it is pronounced Cross-Transceiver. Sounds alot better than Ex-Transceiver. I'm glad Serebii confirmed it.

dsguy411
16th January 2011, 11:01 PM
I find the English Name to be cool, no matter now I pronounce it.

Grei
17th January 2011, 12:14 AM
Cross-Transceiver is better, but that name (X-Tranceiver) is still trying to hard to sound cool in my opinion. :\

LexSuicune
17th January 2011, 3:37 AM
I'll call it XrossTransceiver, reminds me of Digimon Xross War <3

Poke_Mania97
17th January 2011, 5:32 PM
ok i couldnt find any thread for this, there probably will be, but anyway!

B/W hasnt come out in the UK yet, but i wanted to know if there will be a preorder bonus. and why the cartridge for White isnt fully white! I mean Nintendo could have done it! i really loved the old cart's with the colour like ruby=P

BCVM22
17th January 2011, 7:42 PM
and why the cartridge for White isnt fully white! I mean Nintendo could have done it! i really loved the old cart's with the colour like ruby=P

One would think the fact that none of the Generation IV titles were colored would have gotten the point across, but apparently not. Unlike Game Boy, Game Boy Color and Game Boy Advance cartridges, not only are DS game cards very small, but once inside a DS, so little of them is exposed that there's absolutely no point in wasting the resources on using colored plastic in the game cards.

aggronFTW
17th January 2011, 7:53 PM
ok i couldnt find any thread for this, there probably will be, but anyway!

B/W hasnt come out in the UK yet, but i wanted to know if there will be a preorder bonus. and why the cartridge for White isnt fully white! I mean Nintendo could have done it! i really loved the old cart's with the colour like ruby=P

Well the people who preordered Black/White from japan got little reshi/zek keyrings, so I think uk pre orderers will get the keyrings too. I want the bonuses too, because I preordered black and white because I'm such a cool kid and so I could get both keyrings. I recommend ordering from game, from there it's only Ł30 with free shipping, that's where I got heart gold from and I got my little ho oh figurine from the pre order.

Kinda off topic, but I wanted the pre order thing to be little figurines of the starter pokemons so I could get a little tepig figurine :3

Zhanton
18th January 2011, 12:58 PM
Well the people who preordered Black/White from japan got little reshi/zek keyrings, so I think uk pre orderers will get the keyrings too. I want the bonuses too, because I preordered black and white because I'm such a cool kid and so I could get both keyrings
Just because Japan got keyrings does not automatically ensure Europe getting keyrings for pre-ordering either, or anywhere else for that matter. There's no confirmation of any pre-order gifts for Europe or the US or Australia, at all, whatsoever. Just saying, before you and dozens more get your hopes up to have them burnt down.

lindsy95
18th January 2011, 2:26 PM
I thought we've been getting the preorder bonuses that japan has?

I know we got the Giratina/Arceus/Ho-oh/Lugia figures. I don't see why they/we(Europe/US) wouldn't.
Idunno about DP and before though. I know DP had the styluses, were they in japan too? (I honestly don't remember)

...Fine, we didn't get arceus as a preorder figure, but we still got it for buying a pokemon game.

Poke_Mania97
18th January 2011, 6:17 PM
well i think that We (Europe/North America) will either get the keyrings (if we preorder both no pokeball cloth) or something else like the starters on stylus'/ figures.

but i dont know why they didnt do figures, i mean they were pretty cool, like a reshiram with fire coming out everywhere or a zekrom with electricity doing something!

ViperQueen
19th January 2011, 1:54 AM
I'll call it XrossTransceiver, reminds me of Digimon Xross War <3

Thats what i was thinking

I can't wait to see what the US website looks like

Ophie
19th January 2011, 11:15 AM
I'd bet that Nintendo would've liked to call it "Cross Transceiver" but called it "Xtransceiver" due to the 12-character limit on item names. I can't tell if doing that is trendy...I'm getting old.

Zhanton
19th January 2011, 11:25 AM
I'd bet that Nintendo would've liked to call it "Cross Transceiver" but called it "Xtransceiver" due to the 12-character limit on item names. I can't tell if doing that is trendy...I'm getting old.
Probably a combination of that and the fact that Xtransceiver looks 'cooler'. I personally think Cross Transceiver looks better, mainly because I initially thought Xtransceiver read as "Ex Transceiver" not "Cross..."
Yupp.

supersonic17993
19th January 2011, 12:22 PM
I've just recieved the new issue of ONM UK and it's revealed some english names:

Doryuuzu -> Excadrill
Mamanbou -> Alononola
Kurumiru -> Sewaddle
Drill Liner -> Drill Run
Insect Opposition -> Struggle Bug
Overcoat keeps its name

I think thats everything but ill add more if i find anything else.

LimeStar
19th January 2011, 12:34 PM
I've just recieved the new issue of ONM UK and it's revealed some english names:

Doryuuzu -> Excadrill
Mamanbou -> Alononola
Kurumiru -> Sewaddle
Drill Liner -> Drill Run
Insect Opposition -> Struggle Bug
Overcoat keeps its name

I think thats everything but ill add more if i find anything else.
Pictures please?
This would further confirm the rumored list!

Jaffa
19th January 2011, 12:53 PM
Forgive the poor quality, I'm not hooked up to a Scanner and having to use a Webcam.

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/2803/picture0032b.jpg http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/5788/picture0034c.jpg

Note that the magazine has typo'd Alomomola in it's captioning. But it's right on the screenshot.

Hope that helps.

Serebii
19th January 2011, 12:56 PM

Oh, is my quote in this issue? I was told it was to be, but I'm unsure if it was kept in

Jaffa
19th January 2011, 1:01 PM
It did indeed. Page 8 in the Select Section under "What's in a name?".

The bit about the Bug/Fire combination has even been blown up to caption size over the games protagonists...

EDIT: Joe, MOMola. Not Mam. ;)

lindsy95
19th January 2011, 1:14 PM
Looks like that list is coming out to be true. (not that I didn't think so, But im glad, I really like those names)

MetalFlygon08
19th January 2011, 6:46 PM
Also confirms Braivairy

Adrexus
19th January 2011, 7:06 PM
I must say that i'm glad they came out with some new names. Although I'm wondering how you pronounce Alomomola, do you pronounce it as Alo-mo-mo-la or Alo-mom-ola? I thought they should've just gone with Alomola, but I suppose they have a reason behind the extra mo.

Sponge
19th January 2011, 7:29 PM
I thought they should've just gone with Alomola, but I suppose they have a reason behind the extra mo.

I think it might have been that they wanted to get in the "mom" part. Doesn't Mamambou have mother in it somewhere?

I pronounce it: Alo-mom-ola

Missingno. Master
19th January 2011, 9:06 PM
Does the magazine give the English name of Healing Heart anywhere? I'd assume so, as it's one of Alomomola's abilities.

Ophie
21st January 2011, 9:12 AM
They don't necessarily have to do that, considering that Abilities aren't displayed for most of a battle. They can just set up the battles however they wish so as not to accidentally show any information they're not supposed to show.

Sponge
21st January 2011, 8:03 PM
Probably a combination of that and the fact that Xtransceiver looks 'cooler'. I personally think Cross Transceiver looks better, mainly because I initially thought Xtransceiver read as "Ex Transceiver" not "Cross..."
Yupp.

I wouldn't be too surprised if "Ex Transceiver" became a widely used miss pronunciation of it.

If I hadn't learned of it's pronounciation fairly early on I'd have been calling it that way too. I doubt many people will take a first look at it and say "Cross Transceiver"

Porygandrew
21st January 2011, 9:04 PM
Yeah, they should have called it the "✝Transceiver" ;p

The Eleventh
21st January 2011, 9:37 PM
When I saw Xtransceiver, I thought "Extransceiver", too. I can see it being mispronounced en masse.

snivy101
21st January 2011, 9:52 PM
Xtranceiver is a neat name.

tmega90
22nd January 2011, 2:31 PM
I thought it was Extransceiver at first to, so I can see a lot of people calling that, not knowing how it is really pronounced.

Maverik
22nd January 2011, 4:43 PM
If they're going to call it XTransceiver they should put the "X" as a different font or as a symbol in the game to avoid confusion, or put a side note in the game on how it's pronounced.

Chibi_Muffin
22nd January 2011, 5:46 PM
I saw the boxes in Game earlier today. But there's something weird about them.

They said the 'Alleos' region, not the Unova region. Weird. Is this in another language, or just a mistake?

Will-powered Spriter
22nd January 2011, 5:55 PM
I saw the boxes in Game earlier today. But there's something weird about them.

They said the 'Alleos' region, not the Unova region. Weird. Is this in another language, or just a mistake?

I've seen the same thing.

I assume its just a mistake, although I don't know where it came from. Unova isn't Alleos in any language.

Grei
22nd January 2011, 6:07 PM
Alleos would make a little sense just because it still has to do with the 'unity' theme, using the word "all" in it.

How weird it would be if it actually turned out that Unova is Alleos.

GalladeX
22nd January 2011, 6:16 PM
Struggle Bug...sounds cool, it just...doesn't make a lot of grammatical sense.

It's funny, though, because the guy that gives you that TM's Gym Leader title is 'Most Insect Artist.'

Bad grammar.
Bad grammar everywhere.

Xtranceiver is a neat name.

It's pronounced "Crosstranceiver" right?
Reminds me of "Digixros."

I wonder why they would change Live Caster. Rule of Cool?

@Alleos maybe it's a beta name? But this was on the game boxes? It seems unlikely that NoA would screw up to such a degree.

Chibi_Muffin
22nd January 2011, 6:22 PM
^On preorder boxes.

Yeah, I understand it wasn't another language. But even so, what would such a huge mistake be doing on there...?

lindsy95
22nd January 2011, 6:38 PM
IRC, Serebii said that Alleos was the name of the reigon on one of the european games.

Serebii has a Gamefaqs account, right? Thats where I heard it, anyway. Looks like it's just an error.

Maverik
22nd January 2011, 7:53 PM
Both Unova and Alleos are cool, whichever one is "true"- which is definitely Unova- the region itself is still awesome.

BCVM22
22nd January 2011, 10:03 PM
There is no ambiguity here. "Alleos" is something a retailer made up. Nothing more, unless one believes that Nintendo of Europe is doing something as major as changing the region name from its already-changed state but haven't actually told anyone yet. Not impossible, but firmly seated in the realm of the unlikely.

Shneak
22nd January 2011, 10:14 PM
Didn't Nintendo officially announce it themselves that it's called Unova? It would be a little too late for a name change for name that has spread worldwide.

BCVM22
22nd January 2011, 10:16 PM
Indeed they did.

http://www.pokemonblackwhite.com/en-gb/unova-region/

That's the official UK site. You can tell just by the URL where I'm going with this.

lindsy95
22nd January 2011, 10:27 PM
-facedesk-

Oh boy.

My post was supposed to say: "IRC, Serebii said that Alleos was going to be the name of the reigon on one of the european games."

I really should have edited that, sorry.

Ophie
23rd January 2011, 12:17 AM
It's also possible that this was a name Nintendo was going with and chose to change it to Unova after those chains' marketing materials were already finished.

Oshakpop
23rd January 2011, 10:34 AM
It just seems wierd how they would print the box scans so early before we even knew any english info. It might even mean they were finished with the english touch ups last year, meaning Alleos is the beta name.

LexSuicune
23rd January 2011, 5:46 PM
Yah, that's what I was thinking as well. Although Alleos sure sounds better than Unova IMO.

Poke_Mania97
23rd January 2011, 6:36 PM
i dont like Axew! well not the pokemon, hes awseome! just the name. i prefer kibago, so i will nickname him Kibago! =P

Oshakpop
23rd January 2011, 7:45 PM
I'm really wondering what several of these pokemon will say in the anime.. Axew will go from "KIBBBAA" to "AX!" *shudders*

Grei
23rd January 2011, 7:48 PM
I'm really wondering what several of these pokemon will say in the anime.. Axew will go from "KIBBBAA" to "AX!" *shudders*

Or "ZEEEWWW!"

GaZsTiC
23rd January 2011, 7:51 PM

Or "ZEEEWWW!"

Or, to fit the required syllables, "AAZEEEWWWW!"

Grei
23rd January 2011, 7:55 PM

It'd probably say "AA-ZEW-ZEW" to fit the syllables for "KI-BA-GO," then.

Speaking of this guy, I'm not fond of Axew either. Fraxure and Haxorous are awesome, but Axew is just a little too awkward. I keep wanting to say "Acks-ooh." I still have to get used to it.

R_N
23rd January 2011, 7:55 PM

If the thing is yelling the name, I doubt they need to worry about syllable count

Poke_Mania97
23rd January 2011, 8:42 PM
i like axew, his final evolution is nice. i prefer him to that Peudo legendary. my friend wants that pseudo legendary, and i want the final evo of axew, in the end we will see who wins!

Maltba
23rd January 2011, 9:24 PM
I to like the Axew family line. Its cool, not cool enough to make it into my team, but still cool. And yes i also like the names.

GaZsTiC
23rd January 2011, 9:44 PM
If the thing is yelling the name, I doubt they need to worry about syllable count

Axew/Kibago closes his mouth in between the syllables, so it does matter.

The Eleventh
23rd January 2011, 10:03 PM
Axew/Kibago closes his mouth in between the syllables, so it does matter.

I've always wondered about that. Surely the length of certain sentences are longer in English speaking countries than in Japan, or vice versa, so how do they work that when they're translating it?

R_N
23rd January 2011, 10:10 PM
If you're asking about the anime: Probably try not to worry about it and get really creative when something comes up. It's going to be interesting to see how they handle Throh & Sawk in the anime; Nageki & Dageki are three syllables.

The game: Just need to be creative in how you translate. If a direct translation for a 3 message box conversation winds up being 4 boxes, they probably look at the translation and try to edit it so that the meaning of the message stays the same but uses less space. All part of localization. Iirc, trying to fit the text into the tiny GB game text boxes was a nightmare from what localizers have said.

The Eleventh
23rd January 2011, 10:24 PM
But what would happen if a character's sentence in the Japanese anime took three seconds to say, then when they're translating it, it takes four or five seconds to say. Would they have to figure out a way of keeping the meaning, but shortening it? They don't have extra material, right?

R_N
23rd January 2011, 10:27 PM
But what would happen if a character's sentence in the Japanese anime took three seconds to say, then when they're translating it, it takes four or five seconds to say. Would they have to figure out a way of keeping the meaning, but shortening it? They don't have extra material, right?

Right

It's basically the same thing

Sabonea_Masukippa
23rd January 2011, 10:42 PM
You can shorten what the characters say, tell the actors to speak faster, slow down the animation or just rework the meaning of the scene so you don't need to have such a wordy translation, or shorten the translation, have the character finish their sentence after the shot changes (if possible). You find many of the major languages (overall) don't vary too significantly in the time it takes to say things, although on a sentence-by-sentence basis variation can be significant.

EDIT: In game, sometimes you can be allowed to go over text boxes if the company's willing to program an extra one in, but obviously it costs money so they try all they can to avoid that. What's worse is having the translation be too short and having to increase the word count so that it matches.

The Eleventh
23rd January 2011, 11:12 PM
Thanks for your replies! :)

Ophie
24th January 2011, 2:20 AM
Also, as for Pokémon names, if the Japanese name winds up being longer than the English name, they'll have the Pokémon repeat it. (While not a Pokémon, Brock is an example: Every time he introduces himself, he says, "And I'm Brock!" even when people like Tracy or Misty simply said their names.) If the Japanese name is shorter, the Pokémon will just say a fragment of the name. (An example is Quagsire, whose Japanese name is Nuo. It will simply say, "Quaaag" most of the time.)

That being said, Japanese syllables, due to them always ending in a vowel (and the N sound is a pseudo-vowel), are spoken faster than English syllables. In fact, a lot of live Japanese programming will have subtitles at the bottom in case you miss something. Pokémon Sunday works this way. It's the reason behind the infamously fast talking in Speed Racer: The localization forgot to compensate for the slower pace of English dialogue, so everyone wound up having to speak at the pace of the original Japanese doalogue.

EDIT: Bulbanews (http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Spring_2011_Sneak-Peek_Tins_announced) found out about the Black/White TCG tins to be released in America. It features Snivy, Tepig, and Oshawott, and will contain the usual 4 packs plus a special card with the same Pokémon as featured on the lid. This will precede the Black/White set's North American release, however, so we'll have packs from the last few 4th-generation sets plus a few preview cards.

But what really stands out to me are the figurines. Clearly, a lot of skill was put into these figurines to give them a dynamic look. For those of you not in the know, figurine collectors in Japanare serious about what they want--as a result, even kids stuff like these figurines will have very detailed work and very precise paint jobs. Me, I want Tepig. That thing is so cute sneezing out flames.

Poke_Mania97
25th January 2011, 8:44 PM
is it possible to have double battles (you and a friend) vs two other people on wifi?

wolf king
25th January 2011, 8:51 PM
im glad they brought back surf but i don't like this whole city look,and some of the new pokemon are just plain stupid :(, but im looking forward to getting black

The Eleventh
25th January 2011, 9:17 PM
: Bulbanews (http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Spring_2011_Sneak-Peek_Tins_announced) found out about the Black/White TCG tins to be released in America. It features Snivy, Tepig, and Oshawott, and will contain the usual 4 packs plus a special card with the same Pokémon as featured on the lid. This will precede the Black/White set's North American release, however, so we'll have packs from the last few 4th-generation sets plus a few preview cards.

But what really stands out to me are the figurines. Clearly, a lot of skill was put into these figurines to give them a dynamic look. For those of you not in the know, figurine collectors in Japanare serious about what they want--as a result, even kids stuff like these figurines will have very detailed work and very precise paint jobs. Me, I want Tepig. That thing is so cute sneezing out flames.

Ooh, I love those figures. I think I might get one, although I don't collect Pokémon cards. I'd get Oshawott, if I do get a tin.

Endless
25th January 2011, 9:22 PM
im glad they brought back surf but i don't like this whole city look,and some of the new pokemon are just plain stupid :(, but im looking forward to getting black
Surf was never gone. However i find Surf the most important HM, together with Fly. From what I have seen the cities doesn't look strange at all. The only city that might be a little confusing is Castelia city(I have a feeling I spelled it wrong). I seriously fail to see how some of the new pokemon are bad, but whatever. But. You can't like'em all.

Just asking something. Why is everybody thinking Grey will come out before "RS Reborn"? I know it went like that in Gen IV, but it didn't in Gen III.You can not really make a pattern based on those two generations.

Lorde
25th January 2011, 10:36 PM
EDIT: Bulbanews (http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Spring_2011_Sneak-Peek_Tins_announced) found out about the Black/White TCG tins to be released in America.

It's been years since I last collected the trading cards. I love the artwork on all the new 5th Generation Pokemon cards though, so I may end up buying some and getting back into the game. And I absolutely love those figurines of the Unova region Starter Pokemon! Snivy looks smug as usual, Tepig looks funny, and Oshawott looks tough! I think they're supposed to be using Grass Mixer, Ember, and Shell Blade, respectively. Anyway, I'm also loving how dynamic these look. It makes me want a collectable tin even more *starts saving cash*

Sabonea_Masukippa
26th January 2011, 12:18 AM
New English trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWEpFtBNzuM

Nothing very new (except triples), but interesting nonetheless.

R_N
26th January 2011, 12:43 AM
EDIT: Bulbanews (http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Spring_2011_Sneak-Peek_Tins_announced) found out about the Black/White TCG tins to be released in America. It features Snivy, Tepig, and Oshawott, and will contain the usual 4 packs plus a special card with the same Pokémon as featured on the lid. This will precede the Black/White set's North American release, however, so we'll have packs from the last few 4th-generation sets plus a few preview cards.

Those are pretty neat. I would go Mijumaru myself. Imma cut you up >:3

Also note the 3D models! Whenever the next 3D game is announced, I'll be betting those will be the same ones. Very nice and smooth; kind of reminds me of the more cartoony Battrio models.

And related to all the merchandise fun, I do believe that Banpresto (Japan) will be releasing plush of every single Unova Pokemon in those ufo catcher machines. 8 a month, iirc.
Can't wait for Reuinculus & Woobat & Swoobat and:3

MetalFlygon08
26th January 2011, 1:01 AM
how on earth would a plushy Reunculus work?

R_N
26th January 2011, 1:34 AM
how on earth would a plushy Reunculus work?

Very creative use of vinyl

Missingno. Master
26th January 2011, 1:40 AM
And related to all the merchandise fun, I do believe that Banpresto (Japan) will be releasing plush of every single Unova Pokemon in those ufo catcher machines. 8 a month, iirc.
Can't wait for Reuinculus & Woobat & Swoobat and:3

Plush versions of EVERY Unova Pokemon? Even the badass ones like Klinklang, Amoongus, Scrafty, and Cryogonal? Awesome. Friggin' awesome.

Now if only we'd get a Weezing plush... I've searched Amazon.com and Ebay extensively multiple times, and nothing. Closest I've ever come was the odd Koffing plush.

And I personally would love to see how a Reuniclus plush would work.

R_N
26th January 2011, 1:51 AM
http://pokemonfigure.blogspot.com/2011/01/follow-up-my-pokemon-collecton.html

With links to video showing off the plushes, including Unison!

ffffff woobat, swoobat, sewaddle and so many others look awesome

Looks like the reuinculus line will be held within something clear...?

Mario with Lasers
26th January 2011, 2:05 AM
Have we got any word on any Dream World events already? We're ~40 days of the US release day and I believe we already had info on the Kanto starters' JP event by August last year.

EDIT -- Oh God I so want that Ferrothorn and Litwick and Gothita and Jellicent and

R_N
26th January 2011, 2:06 AM
Have we got any word on any Dream World events already? We're ~40 days of the US release day and I believe we already had info on the Kanto starters' JP event by August last year.

We technically haven't even really gone in-depth into anything about the Dream World at this point. Hopefully soon, though. I WANT MY EEVEELUTION

ALSO ALSO mwl seriously check out the link above you. It manages to make Gothita not look like a terrifying afront to everything nice in the world!

JohnLee
26th January 2011, 2:47 AM
Here's an English pokedex entry for Minccino:

http://www.nintendo.nl/NOE/nl_NL/games/nds/pokeacutemon_black_version_31094.html

It's the dead last thumbnail picture where you can scroll on the top right.

Cobalt_Latios
26th January 2011, 4:38 AM
http://pokemonfigure.blogspot.com/2011/01/follow-up-my-pokemon-collecton.html

With links to video showing off the plushes, including Unison!

ffffff woobat, swoobat, sewaddle and so many others look awesome

Looks like the reuinculus line will be held within something clear...?
This has made me realize how badly I want a Zoroark, Zekrom, Chandelure, Cofigragus and Serperior plushie. And maybe Galvantula.

Damn, those look nice.

/CL

MetalFlygon08
26th January 2011, 6:14 AM
I wants me an Emboar plush, it's my favorite of this generation, along with Gigalith in 2nd, and Tsunbeea in 3rd. I think that landing effect with the ground shake, and the sturdyness of their designs, make me love them so much.

Disgruntled Goat
26th January 2011, 11:28 AM
To anyone who's played B/W on an actual DS: how do the graphics look? From all the screenshots (and, ahem, 'other' sources) everything looks really pixellated. For example, all the battle animations when they zoom in, and most of Hiun City look really bad quality.

Sabonea_Masukippa
26th January 2011, 11:45 AM
To anyone who's played B/W on an actual DS: how do the graphics look? From all the screenshots (and, ahem, 'other' sources) everything looks really pixellated. For example, all the battle animations when they zoom in, and most of Hiun City look really bad quality.

To me it looks fine (especially in a full speed battle), but obviously since the game is resizing animated sprites constantly there's a noticeable pixelation.

LexSuicune
26th January 2011, 4:24 PM
I want a talking Oshawott plush, it just melts my heart <3

Mario with Lasers
26th January 2011, 6:50 PM
We technically haven't even really gone in-depth into anything about the Dream World at this point. Hopefully soon, though. I WANT MY EEVEELUTION

ALSO ALSO mwl seriously check out the link above you. It manages to make Gothita not look like a terrifying afront to everything nice in the world!

Yeah I saw it, and I found it to be an horrible teaser. If they made Gothita look cute ("cute"), imagine Gothorita ^__^ But of course they wouldn't show a Gothorita plush...

I feel like a manchild now lol. But WHO CARES

Ophie
27th January 2011, 7:49 AM
I'd like a Reuniclus plush, for the reasons that it's awesome and because it'll be unlike any plush I've ever seen. And Whimsicott too because it's adorable. I get the feeling Jakks Pacific will release Whimsicott here, but I'd probably have to import for Reuniclus.

Those are pretty neat. I would go Mijumaru myself. Imma cut you up >:3

Also note the 3D models! Whenever the next 3D game is announced, I'll be betting those will be the same ones. Very nice and smooth; kind of reminds me of the more cartoony Battrio models.

Each TCG illustrator creates his or her own 3-D model for each Pokémon they illustrate, at least among those who do 3-D.

Then again, Kent Kanetsuna makes these box illustrations and is a 3-D modeler for the home console games, so what you say could very well be true. I doubt it though, because these are some very high-polygon models, and they're normally stripped down slightly for the Wii.

He's been devoting more and more of his time to the card game each year, that I've noticed.

Here's an English pokedex entry for Minccino:

http://www.nintendo.nl/NOE/nl_NL/games/nds/pokeacutemon_black_version_31094.html

It's the dead last thumbnail picture where you can scroll on the top right.

1' 04". That hasn't changed over the years.

Zhanton
27th January 2011, 12:56 PM
Bulbapedia has posted the English names (http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/English_names_for_Iris_and_Dent_revealed) for Iris and Dent, on their website, quoting the Cartoon Network site.

Iris will keep her name.
http://i.cartoonnetwork.com/v5cache/CARTOON/site/Images/i16/pok_iris_card_490x260.jpg
Dent's name will be changed to Cilan.
http://i.cartoonnetwork.com/v5cache/CARTOON/site/Images/i16/pok_cilan_card_490x260.jpg

Whilst these names are for the anime, they will most likely be kept the same for the games.
Note: These names aren't necessarily 100% confirmed, but are very likely.

edit;
Never mind, Serebii updated with these names so I suppose we can take them as 100% confirmed now.

Poke_Mania97
27th January 2011, 5:47 PM
can 2 people team up to face 2 other people on wifi?

Will-powered Spriter
27th January 2011, 5:58 PM
Cilan, Dylan and McMillan for 1st gym leaders!

Alright, maybe not. How does one pronounce Cilan, and what is the pun in it?

Dr. Leggs
27th January 2011, 6:09 PM
sih-LAHN.

It's a pun on Cilantro, a green spice.

Will-powered Spriter
27th January 2011, 6:14 PM
Fair enough, keeps with the cooking theme.

Is it actually a name though, I've never heard of anyone called that.

Dr. Leggs
27th January 2011, 6:24 PM
I don't think it's a proper name exactly, no. But it sounds like it could be, and sounds similar to Cillian which is a name.

There are places named Cilan, though.

realarcastform
28th January 2011, 3:02 AM
Seriously why won't Joe just surrender and update the names from the list already.
It's been more than deemed official from the updates.
I'm seeing a trend here BTW.
Whenever Ash or someone else (with Exception of Iris's Excadrill and Cilan's Dwebble, which is interesting that both Drilbur and Excadrill contain parts of King Arthur's Excalibur) is deemed to obtain a certain pokemon in this series, its English name is revealed.

Missingno. Master
28th January 2011, 3:17 AM
Seriously why won't Joe just surrender and update the names from the list already.
It's been more than deemed official from the updates.

Legal reasons, I assume. Remember the cease-and-desist incident back when B/W was released in Japan? He clearly wants to avoid a repeat of that.

But I agree, the list has gotta be real. There can't be that many coincidentally correct names on a faked list.

R_N
28th January 2011, 3:32 AM
Acrobat->Acrobatics is an interesting change. I guess it makes more sense than Crobat used Acrobat! though so it's alright

Weird that they changed Healing Heart to...Healer. I mean it makes sense, but seems like it's missing something. Healing Heart would have fit well enough.
Maybe Medic would have worked

SAP SIPPER IS AMAZING

Also I really like the name Basculin but that's old news, huh?

Shneak
28th January 2011, 3:38 AM
What move was Sap Sipper before?

realarcastform
28th January 2011, 3:40 AM
What I can't wait for this generation is possible additions of the QR codes revealed to be readable by the 3D cameras to the TCG cards so we can see the Pokemon in AR how cool that would be. That would outdo E-Reader 10 fold!!

What move was Sap Sipper before?

It's not a move it's an ability it was Herbivore.

CuriousHeartless
28th January 2011, 3:41 AM
Yeah, I even have that list in my sig. And I'm not the only one to notice the Excalibur Excadrill thing eh? And I bet that Cilan's brothers will be names Parsley and Cori to fit in theme naming (all of their names would be related to coriander). We really need a new speculation thread in this forum. Yeah, and the list is confirmed in everyway but one. By Nintendo. Although, the 'coincidences' mean that that one is pretty much unneeded.

R_N
28th January 2011, 3:46 AM
Is there anyone out there still doubting the legitimacy of the names?

Also, with the demo coming around starting soon, we'll probably "get" names for Darumakka, Audino, and maybe Emolga (we'll finally know 100% certain if it was a typo, too)

BCVM22
28th January 2011, 3:49 AM
We really need a new speculation thread in this forum.

Is there really anything left to speculate on but the names of certain characters?

Luxrayess
28th January 2011, 3:50 AM
Is there really anything left to speculate on but the names of certain characters?

No, not really.

We need a new game to be announced so we have something else to talk about...

realarcastform
28th January 2011, 3:55 AM
Yeah we need and are expecting a new game soon to replace Battle Revolution which i HOPE will go into Stadium's roots. This mediocrity from Genus Senority has got to end.
I hope it will be on both 3DS and or Wii.
Stadium 3 NOW! With multiplayer minigames possibly with a deep RPG story, the ability to RENT POKEMON, playing through Gym Leader Castle, and the ability to obtain certain pokemon like starters like in Stadium 1.
If only the next game would pull a Mega Man Legends 3 route which they recruit US to make it.

BCVM22
28th January 2011, 4:00 AM
Yeah we need and are expecting a new game soon to replace Battle Revolution which i HOPE will go into Stadium's roots.

PBR went as much into Stadium's roots as it needed to. Please don't claim you were denied anything important for not having minigames or whatever.

Given that the entire point of that line of games - Stadium, Stadium 2, Colosseum, XD, PBR - is to give gamers the ability to battle their Pokémon on their televisions with console-grade visuals, what exactly would be the point of developing such a game for the 3DS?

Stadium 3 NOW! With multiplayer minigames possibly with a deep RPG story, the ability to RENT POKEMON, playing through Gym Leader Castle, and the ability to obtain certain pokemon like starters like in Stadium 1.

You got "Stadium 3"; it was titled "Pokémon Colosseum". You're putting entirely too much stock in what is nothing more than a name. The point about minigames has been made, and if you're expecting a "deep RPG story", you're playing the wrong side-series of games.

R_N
28th January 2011, 4:00 AM
Yeah we need and are expecting a new game soon to replace Battle Revolution which i HOPE will go into Stadium's roots. This mediocrity from Genus Senority has got to end.
Stadium's roots were nothing but, you know, the stadium. PBR had like 10, all with various rule sets.

We'll probably never see a Gym Leader Castle if only because then they'd have to make specific models for however many gym leaders and e4 members and so on in the game.
Minigames were honestly pointless, and I'm baffled as to why everyone seems to think of Stadium as a minigame compilation that happened to have a 3D Pokemon simulator in it. There were 9, they were short, and they were always just kind of there. Several of them weren't even that great, Stadium 2, I find, having a number of ehhhh ones.

realarcastform
28th January 2011, 4:29 AM
Stadium's roots were nothing but, you know, the stadium. PBR had like 10, all with various rule sets.

We'll probably never see a Gym Leader Castle if only because then they'd have to make specific models for however many gym leaders and e4 members and so on in the game.
Minigames were honestly pointless, and I'm baffled as to why everyone seems to think of Stadium as a minigame compilation that happened to have a 3D Pokemon simulator in it. There were 9, they were short, and they were always just kind of there. Several of them weren't even that great, Stadium 2, I find, having a number of ehhhh ones.

Let me explain,
Stadium as it was had not only the ability to play your game on your tv like a Game Boy Player, it also had minigames I liked playing with my cousins, not a set bunch to play with in Colosseum which were cool don't get me wrong and you could catch pokemon which is also nice but you couldn't get them til you got to a certain point. In Stadium however you could rent any pokemon you wanted and tried any combination you wanted not to mention you could use the pokemon from your own game as well. You didn't need codes to obtain pokemon just had to beat Mewtwo. If you saw certain pokemon you could add to a Hall of Fame. Certain names could recolor. The only thing you didn't have was customizable characters like in Battle Revolution not to mention actual visible close up attacks, but PBR had attacks that didn't match the descriptions of the attacks themselves and the attack powers were unrealistic.

BCVM22
28th January 2011, 4:33 AM
Stadium as it was had not only the ability to play your game on your tv like a Game Boy Player

Something they can't actually do presently, as the wireless connection between the Wii and the DS doesn't allow for a fast and strong enough data transmission as to allow you to wirelessly transmit and play a game from the latter to the former in real-time.

it also had minigames I liked playing with my cousins

Frivolities, at best.

In Stadium however you could rent any pokemon you wanted and tried any combination you wanted not to mention you could use the pokemon from your own game as well.

Which indirectly raises the question of why one would purchase PBR in the first place without one of the Generation IV titles with which to use it, thus eliminating any true need for the ability to rent "any" Pokémon, much less rent them at all.

Missingno.Fan
28th January 2011, 4:42 AM
Sap Sipper?! Sorry but that name is too funny.

Sabonea_Masukippa
28th January 2011, 4:44 AM
Sap Sipper is a name that'll always be close to my heart - right behind my Big Pecks.

*slinks away slowly in shame*

R_N
28th January 2011, 4:51 AM
Sap Sipper is a name that'll always be close to my heart - right behind my Big Pecks.

*slinks away slowly in shame*

Sap Sipper is great because you can picture any of the Pokemon with it as wearing top hats and monocles, sipping sap from a wine glass

BCVM22
28th January 2011, 4:53 AM
Wasn't that basically the origin behind an entire wave of Snivy fan art?

UseYourImagination
28th January 2011, 7:12 AM
remember when this site used to be among the first to leak confirmed info? what happened? lol

also, drillbur and excadrill aren't excaliber-related. drill + burrow & excavate + drill

BCVM22
28th January 2011, 7:28 AM
remember when this site used to be among the first to leak confirmed info? what happened? lol

One, "cease and desist". Enough said.

Two, pursuant to #1, is caution. Though every indicator is that these names are perfectly legitimate and accurate (and in the interest of full disclosure, I do personally believe them to be so), the fact does remain that the list as a whole is not yet 100% official in the truest sense. Serebii not posting the full list or confirming it to be accurate himself serves two purposes:

1. In the super-unlikely event that the list as a whole proves inaccurate, he has saved himself the error of posting inaccurate information.

2. In the considerably more likely event that the list as a whole is accurate and legitimate, waiting until the international releases (or Nintendo themselves via some material release) confirm the list to be legitimate absolves him of any potential wrongdoing in the premature leaking of the full list of names. This is key in the wake of being hit with the C&D back in September.

The fact that he has yet to say "nope, the whole list is fake" and the fact that the continued trickle of confirmed information we get from Nintendo continues to vindicate the list should say as much as they need to, really.

Maxim
28th January 2011, 10:24 AM
This is what I call "news without news". IGN updated but there's practically nothing in it (I care less about move/ability names).

Hopefully, Nintendo's website will update soon, with some more info. Most likely Cilan confirmation and Aloe, first TP info and some town/city names, maybe.

Serebii
28th January 2011, 10:52 AM

also, drillbur and excadrill aren't excaliber-related. drill + burrow & excavate + drill
I'm not out of the race just yet

Ophie
28th January 2011, 12:30 PM

Minigames were by far the most beginner-accessible part of the Stadium games. When someone brings a friend over to play Pokémon, they might not necessarily understand the battles or have a team ready for them, but they can always play on equal footing in the mini-games.

I've run into several dead ends over my years trying to popularize Pokémon in certain places. Most notably, at my university, when Diamond/Pearl were new, the popular thing to do was collect, then people lost interest after a month. Pokémon events are sometimes started, by me or other people, but never take off because hardly anyone seems to have a team they have enough confidence in to play against other people, or they immediately run into cross-generation incompatibility issues (both hardware-wise and ideology-wise; the university town is packed to the brim with Generation 1 fans).

Which indirectly raises the question of why one would purchase PBR in the first place without one of the Generation IV titles with which to use it, thus eliminating any true need for the ability to rent "any" Pokémon, much less rent them at all.

A blind buy, that's what. I've noticed a lot of people get the impression that PBR is some sort of Pokémon RPG--that is, they think it's either like Colosseum or XD, or they think it's the next main series Pokémon RPG, except on the Wii.

Well, that and some kids LOVE the graphics. I get at least one person asking me per week over YouTube about if PBR can be played without a DS Pokémon game. I normally answer that they'd be extremely limited in what they can do with the Rental Passes in the game, but they'll get it anyway. So yeah, I do think Rental Pokémon serve a purpose in games like these.

I don't think it's a good idea to play PBR without a DS Pokémon game, but it's their decision, not mine.

Hejiru
28th January 2011, 1:37 PM
Sap Sipper has got to be the stupidest name I've ever heard. Why couldn't they stick with Herbivore? The other names are good though; I like "Hurricane"

Missingno. Master
28th January 2011, 3:21 PM

Does this mean that you will be exclusively revealing something? Like, say, attack names? I can't say for sure, but I think you'd be safe just revealing the English name of Gear Saucer. On Pokemon.com, the screenshot they have for Klink shows it using that move anyway, it just doesn't actually identify the attack. They've practically revealed the attack themselves, haven't they?

Hejiru
28th January 2011, 3:37 PM
Does this mean that you will be exclusively revealing something? Like, say, attack names? I can't say for sure, but I think you'd be safe just revealing the English name of Gear Saucer. On Pokemon.com, the screenshot they have for Klink shows it using that move anyway, it just doesn't actually identify the attack. They've practically revealed the attack themselves, haven't they?

Where do you see that? I can't find it.

tmega90
28th January 2011, 6:46 PM
I like the Hurricane attack! It sounds really cool. I also like Sap Sipper. It sounds cool and funny.

Missingno. Master
29th January 2011, 12:46 AM
Where do you see that? I can't find it.

http://www.pokemonblackwhite.com/en-us/pokemon/klink/

LexSuicune
29th January 2011, 1:32 AM
So the names are definitely confirmed by now?

Larry
29th January 2011, 1:34 AM
So the names are definitely confirmed by now?

I would assume they are...

Ophie
29th January 2011, 1:34 AM
Not officially, but they're correct beyond a reasonable doubt.

sorarikukai77
29th January 2011, 5:50 AM
I've just been to a different site and they have all the Gen V names translated. Can anybody check to see if these are right?: http://pokemon.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Generation_V_Pok%C3%A9mon

BCVM22
29th January 2011, 5:56 AM
It's the same list that's been circulating for weeks now. The considerable evidence for and few arguments against its legitimacy are no secret; believe as you choose.

Who uses "the Pokémon Wiki" anyway?

wearjo
29th January 2011, 6:04 AM

WOO YEAH!!! GO SEREBII!!!!!!

AND SEREBII TAKES THE LEAD! OH NO!!! IGN RACES PAST HIM!!! SEREBII FINDS THE STRENGTH TO FINISH THE RACE AT FIRST PLACE AND STARTS BUILDING UP SPEED!!! OHH IS THIS IT??? IS IGN GOING TO COME FIRST!!!??? W8!!! IT'S ONLY ! METRE TO THE FINISH LINE FOR IGN!!! WHOOSH!!!!!!!! OH WHAT'S THIS??? SEREBII FINISHES IN 1ST PLACE BY 0.1 SECOND!!! WHAT A VICTORY!!!

Here you go serebii, the Victini trophy ;)

Gokuzaru
29th January 2011, 6:22 AM
It's the same list that's been circulating for weeks now. The considerable evidence for and few arguments against its legitimacy are no secret; believe as you choose.
Who uses "the Pokémon Wiki" anyway?

im sure we can all agree that theyre 99.99% accurate, right? anyone against?

um...no one as far as i know?

MidnightMelody
29th January 2011, 7:54 AM
Will the games have extra things when played on 3ds?

BCVM22
29th January 2011, 7:57 AM
Will the games have extra things when played on 3ds?

Black and White were released last September.

The 3DS won't be out for another month.

Zhanton
29th January 2011, 8:07 AM
Black and White were released last September.

The 3DS won't be out for another month.

I'm going to guess you're getting really tired of answering people's questions about the 3DS and B&W.

Hejiru
29th January 2011, 1:48 PM
http://www.pokemonblackwhite.com/en-us/pokemon/klink/

That just shows a picture of Gear Saucer, not the name.

Dr. Leggs
29th January 2011, 5:34 PM
That just shows a picture of Gear Saucer, not the name.

Exactly, his point is that he was asking Serebii to reveal the English name of Gear Saucer as the move has practically been revealed already.

tmega90
29th January 2011, 6:29 PM
PokeBeach posted info on the Preorder Bonus.
http://pokebeach.com/2011/01/black-and-white-preorder-bonus

Aurath8
29th January 2011, 7:05 PM
Mr. Iwata has just confirmed a pokemon project on 3DS and Wii.

For Pokémon, we are also proceeding ahead with various projects on Wii and Nintendo 3DS. We will announce them later at the appropriate timing.
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/library/events/110128/06.html

Dr. Leggs
29th January 2011, 7:07 PM
Welp, I'm hoping the Wii game will be Colosseum-style. Good to know they're working on lots of new things.

Poke_Mania97
29th January 2011, 8:54 PM
Welp, I'm hoping the Wii game will be Colosseum-style. Good to know they're working on lots of new things.

yer they should, i really liked Colleseum and XD, Battle revolution was just like a normal handheld Pokemon title, but with animations. the other two had in game modes and stories

BCVM22
29th January 2011, 9:55 PM
Mr. Iwata has just confirmed a pokemon project on 3DS and Wii.

Posted yesterday on the main site. Can't imagine either is really a surprise to anyone, can you?

Battle revolution was just like a normal handheld Pokemon title

Minus the region, the traveling, the overworld, the Gym Leaders and just about everything else, sure.

MetalFlygon08
29th January 2011, 10:54 PM

I'd rather fave a Reshiram/Zekrom figure.

Endless
29th January 2011, 11:20 PM
Yeah, I enjoyed my Ho-Oh figure. I thought the figurines was popular, so why change to something else?
Atleast wall clings is better than what the Japanese got, sound drops. . . I think

Sponge
30th January 2011, 1:25 AM
I'd like figurines too....

although I'd like plushies but they're probably too expensive to give away as a bonus. Oh I can dream....

GaZsTiC
30th January 2011, 2:04 AM
No figurines! :O

Well then, that means no pre-order. I'll have to midnight-release it then.

Cobalt_Latios
30th January 2011, 2:44 AM
That's why I was hesistant about doing a pre-order for White. I didn't see or hear anything regarding a figure, so I just didn't bother.

Lugia's figure was the main reason I pre-ordered Soul Silver in the first place.

/CL

Lorde
30th January 2011, 2:49 AM

A wall cling eh? Well, I'm not that bothered. While I would have liked a Reshiram/Zekrom figurine, I probably would have lost mine anyway (I lost the Dialga stylus, the Giratina figurine, and the Lugia figurine...). My sister pre-ordered White version from GameStop the other day. She mostly did it because she was hoping for a collectable figurine (she collects them) so I bet she'll be slightly disappointed. Oh well~

The Oncoming Storm
30th January 2011, 3:25 AM
Id rather they give out stylus again

Gokuzaru
30th January 2011, 4:10 AM
does the preorder bonus really matter that much?

BCVM22
30th January 2011, 4:20 AM
Judging by the people complaining that they won't get a... figure, I guess? Apparently it is.

The Oncoming Storm
30th January 2011, 4:20 AM
does the preorder bonus really matter that much?

I just think that the bonus should be useful not a decoration. I mean I didnt even get the lugia one I gave it to the kid behind me in line.

BCVM22
30th January 2011, 4:22 AM
Demanding that the pre-order bonus be "useful" sort of misses the point of why it's called a pre-order bonus. It's not supposed to be useful, it's supposed to be a Pokémon-branded trinket of some sort to try and entice people into pre-ordering.

Disgruntled Goat
30th January 2011, 4:26 AM
What the heck is a "wall cling"?? Is it just a poster or something?

Also, I am quite interested in the English move/ability names. I wonder what they will call "little by little", such a silly translation, doesn't have anything to do with the move (ignoring stat changes). Maybe something like "ignorant tackle" or "haze slash".

BCVM22
30th January 2011, 4:30 AM
It's exactly what the name suggests: a decoration that clings to your wall.

The Oncoming Storm
30th January 2011, 4:43 AM
If it was useful itd be more enticing

Missingno. Master
30th January 2011, 4:46 AM
I personally don't mind the fact that the pre-order bonus is just wall clings. Figures would have been nice, it's true, but I'm not disappointed in the slightest.

BCVM22
30th January 2011, 4:50 AM
If it was useful itd be more enticing

You would have a point if you could somehow make the case that the pre-order bonus has any affect on game sales in the end, thus creating a need for them to be "more enticing".

The Oncoming Storm
30th January 2011, 5:19 AM
Any way this conversation is moot I pre-ordered em the two weeks ago. But I was hoping for a stylus.

BW202
30th January 2011, 8:07 AM
What the heck is a "wall cling"?? Is it just a poster or something?

It's the same thing as a Fat Head of you know what that is.

Sabonea_Masukippa
30th January 2011, 11:01 AM
Also, I am quite interested in the English move/ability names. I wonder what they will call "little by little", such a silly translation, doesn't have anything to do with the move (ignoring stat changes). Maybe something like "ignorant tackle" or "haze slash".

It has nothing to do with being a stupid translation.

I had two other (viable choices): Instalment Payment Plan, One by One, or Gradual Reduction.

Little By Little is a decent placeholder name until we get the real one.

Poke_Mania97
30th January 2011, 11:01 AM
Ah man i really wanted the figurines. cause i was gonna get both. what is a wall cling anyway?

tmega90
30th January 2011, 11:15 AM
Ah man i really wanted the figurines. cause i was gonna get both. what is a wall cling anyway?

This is a wall cling. It will just be smaller.
http://www.theheismanwinners.com/sitebuilder/images/Reggie_Bush_Fathead-376x337.jpg

dxcena808
30th January 2011, 11:38 AM
what is the exact date of the release of Black and white in America?

Poke_Mania97
30th January 2011, 11:47 AM
This is a wall cling. It will just be smaller.
http://www.theheismanwinners.com/sitebuilder/images/Reggie_Bush_Fathead-376x337.jpg

ah man! i thought it would be that big, i got so happy. ah well hope its not too small.

what is the exact date of the release of Black and white in America?

well Europe is March 4th, and we get it 2 days before u (=P)so it will be march 6th

tmega90
30th January 2011, 12:02 PM
ah man! i thought it would be that big, i got so happy. ah well hope its not too small.

If they made them huge like that, where would they store them? And why would they give huge ones just as a simple pre order bonus?

Poke_Mania97
30th January 2011, 12:27 PM
If they made them huge like that, where would they store them? And why would they give huge ones just as a simple pre order bonus?

ah yes thats true. i hope that they are at least up to the footballer's thighs!

BCVM22
30th January 2011, 12:41 PM
i hope that they are at least up to the footballer's thighs!

Probably not. Reggie Bush up there runs a good 6'0"; "up to his thighs" would be 3' in height at least.

Remember that these wall clings are not only being given away for free with preorders, but they have to be small enough that they can be easily shipped to stores with the games and be given away with relative ease. I wouldn't expect them to be anything more than 16-18 inches in height, and even that's probably being generous.

The Eleventh
30th January 2011, 3:01 PM
Pre-order bonuses always annoyed me, cos there's no way I can get them. I don't mind so much now, as Black and White's pre-order bonus is just a wall cling, but when they offered up figures, that was a different matter.

Missingno. Master
30th January 2011, 3:05 PM
Probably not. Reggie Bush up there runs a good 6'0"; "up to his thighs" would be 3' in height at least.

Remember that these wall clings are not only being given away for free with preorders, but they have to be small enough that they can be easily shipped to stores with the games and be given away with relative ease. I wouldn't expect them to be anything more than 16-18 inches in height, and even that's probably being generous.

That's probably going to be the case. Doesn't stop me from wanting a Zekrom wall cling that's taller than me, but still.

Disgruntled Goat
30th January 2011, 4:14 PM
lol so a wall cling is just a sticker ;) I don't think they're doing any offers in the UK but I already ordered mine from Amazon. Hooray for a pre-US release!

It has nothing to do with being a stupid translation.

I had two other (viable choices): Instalment Payment Plan, One by One, or Gradual Reduction.

Little By Little is a decent placeholder name until we get the real one.

OK I guess I meant the name is stupid, not the translation. Babelfish tells me it's "payment by installments", which is nothing to do with the move's effect. If they keep that description I'm guessing it will be called 'mortgage'.

Lorde
30th January 2011, 4:14 PM
Pre-order bonuses always annoyed me, cos there's no way I can get them. I don't mind so much now, as Black and White's pre-order bonus is just a wall cling, but when they offered up figures, that was a different matter.

The figurines were pretty cool, though again, I wasn't too attached to them. I have a friend who works at Toys R Us and I was planning to ask him if he knew anything about the B/W pre-order bonuses. It doesn't look like I need to ask him anymore. I've never had a wall cling before, though I have seen them on TV. They look pretty cool, but I personally wouldn't have any real use for that sort of thing (the walls of my room are already covered in posters and stuff).

aggronFTW
30th January 2011, 7:24 PM
Wall clings? Aww I was hoping for little starter figurines so I could get a tepig one...

LexSuicune
30th January 2011, 7:25 PM
Wall clings are nice lol, you can hang them in your car right?

BCVM22
30th January 2011, 9:48 PM

I'm going to answer your question with a question. How many walls - smooth, flat surfaces at least 2 square feet in size - do you have in your car?

The Eleventh
30th January 2011, 10:37 PM
Wall clings? Aww I was hoping for little starter figurines so I could get a tepig one...

There's going to be Starter figurines in the new TCG boxsets, if you're interested.

I'm going to answer your question with a question. How many walls - smooth, flat surfaces at least 2 square feet in size - do you have in your car?

LOL! You sir, deserve a cookie. Bravo.

tmega90
30th January 2011, 10:49 PM

No those are window clings. They are different things.

LexSuicune
31st January 2011, 12:17 AM

You do not have to respond with such nasty sarcasm.

English is not my first language and I do not know what wall clings are, hence why I ask.

Why are you so angry that you feel the need to lash out at someone you do not know because they don't know something you do?

LexSuicune
31st January 2011, 12:17 AM
No those are window clings. They are different things.

Thank you.

Grei
31st January 2011, 12:21 AM
You do not have to respond with such nasty sarcasm.

English is not my first language and I do not know what wall clings are, hence why I ask.

Why are you so angry that you feel the need to lash out at someone you do not know because they don't know something you do?

In his defense, simply using context clues would tell you what wall clings are. Your English seems to be just fine.

LexSuicune
31st January 2011, 12:23 AM
In his defense, simply using context clues would tell you what wall clings are. Your English seems to be just fine.

In my defense, I had no idea there was a distinction between wall clings and window clings.

HENCE WHY I ASKED IF THEY COULD BE HANG IN YOUR CARS.

My english IS fine, but it is not my first language so there are things that I'm bound to not know. That's not grounds to have whomever this person is bash and mock me because of my ignorance on the subject.

BCVM22
31st January 2011, 12:34 AM

I was neither bashing nor mocking you. I too assumed that the fact that the things are specifically called "wall clings" rather than "window clings" and a number of other clues, such as the fact that sticking an opaque Zekrom decal on your car window strikes me as a touch dangerous and unwise and the fact that the kids within Pokémon's target demographic don't actually own cars nor are they even old enough to drive, would have been enough to make the answer obvious and to that end, I gave you the means to arrive at that conclusion on your own.

LexSuicune
31st January 2011, 12:41 AM

I was neither bashing nor mocking you. I too assumed that the fact that the things are specifically called "wall clings" rather than "window clings" and a number of other clues, such as the fact that sticking an opaque Zekrom decal on your car window strikes me as a touch dangerous and unwise and the fact that the kids within Pokémon's target demographic don't actually own cars nor are they even old enough to drive, would have been enough to make the answer obvious and to that end, I gave you the means to arrive at that conclusion on your own.

You did not have to be sarcastic about it and that was the bottom line. You felt the need to make yourself look cool by putting down someone who didn't get it. That's fine and good, have at it but I'm not gonna keep quiet.

As I stated before, I had no previous knowledge of there being a distinction between wall and window clings, hence why I assumed it was the name for the same thing.

tmega90 gave me a perfectly kind answer and I appreciate that, there was no need for you giving me the means to get it.

BCVM22
31st January 2011, 12:47 AM
Any sarcasm or venom you found was born completely from your mind. All I can do is tell you there was no such intent on my part and if you can find any name-calling or anything of the sort in my post and perhaps more importantly, if you can prove I made the post in anger or anything, do feel free to bring it to my attention.

Amazing how indignant people choose to get over the smallest perceived slights.

tmega90
31st January 2011, 2:07 AM
Thank you.

You're welcome.

Here is a picture of the wall clings.
http://gonintendo.com/wp-content/photos/800px_PikachuTRUPromo.png

Tyrannotaur
31st January 2011, 4:10 AM
You did not have to be sarcastic about it and that was the bottom line. You felt the need to make yourself look cool by putting down someone who didn't get it. That's fine and good, have at it but I'm not gonna keep quiet.
As I stated before, I had no previous knowledge of there being a distinction between wall and window clings, hence why I assumed it was the name for the same thing.

Don't let it get to you. Some people just come off a little more harsh than others (even if that was not their intent).
I've taken things personally on this board before and it doesn't end well, believe me. Best to let it go.

Anyway, on topic. I've had a wall cling before, a Link one to be specific. They are cool but if you take them down you mind as well throw them out since they won't ever stick the same again. My Link one got so full of dust after I took it down during my move into a new house that I had to chuck it. Its fine for a free gift though. Sure you expect a bit more after getting cool figures the past few games, but it is a free gift, they don't have to give you anything. Its also better than those "trainer guides" FireRed and LeafGreen gave out.

My Link one btw.. http://content.fathead.com/product_images/83-00544.jpg

-;248;

LexSuicune
31st January 2011, 4:27 AM
^Water under the bridge, thanks for the advice Tyrannotaur.

And Thanks for the pic tmega90, I love them they're real cute XD I want the Reshiram one *w*

Ophie
31st January 2011, 11:06 AM
Heh, I thought these things were going to be tiny. The Toys R Us image for them makes them look like just tiny little stickers, hardly more than an inch across. I felt a bit annoyed that it was a lot lower-budget than other preorder bonuses, but when I realized they'd likely be a good size, I also realized that this likely costs about as much for Nintendo as the styli.

tmega90
31st January 2011, 11:36 AM
^Water under the bridge, thanks for the advice Tyrannotaur.

And Thanks for the pic tmega90, I love them they're real cute XD I want the Reshiram one *w*

You're welcome :D. Yeah they are really cool. I want the Zekrom one. I can't wait to get it.

Sara Hysaro
31st January 2011, 12:13 PM
Well, I'm not crazy about wall clings but I preordered the games without thinking about any preorder bonus so I'm definitely not going to complain. I'll probably stick them on a closet or keep them in storage. :)

I'm just glad that the Pokémon names aren't going to be in all caps anymore. While I was used to it, I'm glad that they changed it. The English names are pretty cute too. =D

tmega90
31st January 2011, 1:23 PM
Well, I'm not crazy about wall clings but I preordered the games without thinking about any preorder bonus so I'm definitely not going to complain. I'll probably stick them on a closet or keep them in storage. :)

I'm just glad that the Pokémon names aren't going to be in all caps anymore. While I was used to it, I'm glad that they changed it. The English names are pretty cute too. =D

I am happy that they are making them not being in all caps anymore too! The names look so much better that way.

wearjo
31st January 2011, 1:40 PM
i didnt realise this... i'll see how it looks... i will probs like it

Poke_Mania97
31st January 2011, 5:24 PM
you guys probably have seen the wall clings but if u haven't:

btw, theres an Ash's pikachu event there as well

Lorde
31st January 2011, 5:29 PM
Here is a picture of the wall clings.
http://gonintendo.com/wp-content/photos/800px_PikachuTRUPromo.png

Those actually look pretty cool. I'm loving how Reshiram's wall cling has a black border while Zekrom's wall cling has a white border. Anyway, I'm going to Toys R Us today to get that Ash's Pikachu event and I might pre-order Black version while I'm there. Not because I really want the wall clings or anything, but I figure that I might as well make the first step towards obtaining a copy of Black version. The wall clings are just something I could give away to a friend or something.

Poke_Mania97
31st January 2011, 5:34 PM
Those actually look pretty cool. I'm loving how Reshiram's wall cling has a black border while Zekrom's wall cling has a white border.

i found that link first =P na just joking! anyway, i also like the borders, the reshiram one looks nice

snivy101
31st January 2011, 8:55 PM
I'm pretty happy that tms are reusable! Also the wall clings look cool but are they small or big?

Dr. Leggs
31st January 2011, 10:50 PM
I'm pretty happy that tms are reusable! Also the wall clings look cool but are they small or big?

As BCVM22 explained earlier, no bigger than 18", probably closer to 12".

Luxrayess
31st January 2011, 10:58 PM
Awesome wall clings! Do you really think they're going to be as tall as two one-and-a-half feet? 0_o It sounds almost too generous, even if window wall clings are cheap to manufacture.

Anyways, will I get the pre-order bonus if I:

a)Pre-order before the bonus is announced?

b)Have it shipped to my house? (Is it in-store exclusive?)

Dr. Leggs
31st January 2011, 11:06 PM
Revising that statement, probably closer to 1'.

a) Yes.
b) Not sure, but I don't see why not.

Tyrannotaur
1st February 2011, 12:53 AM
Awesome wall clings! Do you really think they're going to be as tall as two one-and-a-half feet? 0_o It sounds almost too generous, even if window wall clings are cheap to manufacture.

Anyways, will I get the pre-order bonus if I:

a)Pre-order before the bonus is announced?

b)Have it shipped to my house? (Is it in-store exclusive?)

a- Yes of Course.
b- I am certain that as long as the store you ordered from is doing the bonus you will get it. I ordered HG/SS online and got the figures when they shipped to me along with my games.

-;248;

Luxrayess
1st February 2011, 1:03 AM
a- Yes of Course.
b- I am certain that as long as the store you ordered from is doing the bonus you will get it. I ordered HG/SS online and got the figures when they shipped to me along with my games.

-;248;

Awesome! You know, the head honcho of Pokebeach speculates that Gamestop's going to do the pre-order bonus as well, as predicting from pre-order bonuses past...

BCVM22
1st February 2011, 1:17 AM
Pokébeach is really going out on a limb there.

bulber
1st February 2011, 1:21 AM
I wouldn't call it out on a limb. He is right in what he's saying. Anyway, the Pokemon game bonuses are usually universal unless I'm mistaken (at big stores like GS, TRU, Walmart, and Target)

Luxrayess
1st February 2011, 1:23 AM
^
^^Hmm, how many weeks in advance to the release did Gamestop anounce they were going to distribute the Ho-oh and Lugia figures?

Cobalt_Latios
1st February 2011, 1:52 AM
As BCVM22 explained earlier, no bigger than 18", probably closer to 12".
That's a pretty big size for Wall Clings. Then again, I have no idea what they'd be made out of. Are they similar to posters or something?

/CL

Luxrayess
1st February 2011, 1:56 AM
That's a pretty big size for Wall Clings. Then again, I have no idea what they'd be made out of. Are they similar to posters or something?

/CL

They are either made out of:

a)Some sturdy paper-and-plastic-composite mix with some sticky-note glue on the back - essentially a reusable sticker

or

b)A big plastic sheet that can stick on the wall like a suctioncup - essentially a window-cling.

T-Taur gave an example of a wall-cling a couple pages back.

I think I might put mine on the laptop I'm planning hoping to get... if the cling is small enough.

Cobalt_Latios
1st February 2011, 1:58 AM
Either:

a)Some sturdy paper-and-plastic-composite mix with some sticky-note glue on the back - essentially a reusable sticker

or

b)A big plastic sheet that can stick on the wall like a suctioncup - essentally a window-cling.
I think a) sounds more probable, but for the fact that it's that size just makes up for the lack of figurine. A mini poster of the legendary from whichever game we chose? I like that.

/CL

Weavile22
1st February 2011, 2:00 AM
Meloetta, Keldeo, Kyurem, and Genesect are confirmed names of the legends.

Darn it:( Genosect sounds better than Genesect....

Tree Meister
1st February 2011, 2:02 AM
I've played through the entire Black Version, and i must say, it is incredible. It took me about 25 hours of playing time to beat, and was worth every minute.

Rose Storm
1st February 2011, 2:09 AM
I've read a few reviews of the games and they all say they were really hard! That's one thing I've never liked about Pokemon games; whenever you play them, you can almost always expect to have an easy time. Having the game much harder makes them way more challenging and longer-lasting (and I take ages to beat a Pokemon game as it is).

Tyrannotaur
1st February 2011, 2:24 AM
I wouldn't call it out on a limb. He is right in what he's saying. Anyway, the Pokemon game bonuses are usually universal unless I'm mistaken (at big stores like GS, TRU, Walmart, and Target)

He was being sarcastic, but alright sure. And yeah the bonus will most likely be universal to all retail stores.

/CL

They are either made out of:

Yes that. They are made of a strong flexible plastic, similar to decals you'd put on a console. They have a sticky kinda material on the back. The problem is that once you take them down its hard to find a place to put them. They are meant to be reusable but that's never really the case unless you save the sheet it comes on.

T-Taur gave an example of a wall-cling a couple pages back.

That I did. Here it is again. http://content.fathead.com/product_images/83-00544.jpg
Another example- http://www.fathead.com/heroes/iron-man/iron-man/

-;248;

tmega90
1st February 2011, 2:43 AM
Some interesting news. The Dream World won't be online straight away at the beginning, And Nintendo is thinking about doing hot spot places.
http://www.gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=148950

Dr. Leggs
1st February 2011, 3:16 AM
Darn it:( Genosect sounds better than Genesect....

You do know that post was from September, confirming the Japanese romanizations of the event Pokemon names, right?

We don't have confirmation on their names yet, bar Kyurem.

R_N
1st February 2011, 3:18 AM
Some interesting news. The Dream World won't be online straight away at the beginning, And Nintendo is thinking about doing hot spot places.
http://www.gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=148950

Makes sense, as that first week or so would be full of people trying to get on all at once (also probably want to make sure people use Unova mons only for at least a little while)

tmega90
1st February 2011, 3:46 AM
Makes sense, as that first week or so would be full of people trying to get on all at once (also probably want to make sure people use Unova mons only for at least a little while)

Those are good ideas. This generation is all about starting fresh so I can see why they would want people to wait until they get National Dex Pokemon.

Roxas013
1st February 2011, 4:58 AM
wait in BW tm r reusable?

Sabonea_Masukippa
1st February 2011, 4:59 AM
Yes, TMs are now infinitely reusable.

Sponge
1st February 2011, 8:22 AM
Those are good ideas. This generation is all about starting fresh so I can see why they would want people to wait until they get National Dex Pokemon.

I doubt that's the reason they're not releasing the dream world straight away.

It's more because they're worried the dream world servers will get the stuffing knocked out of them again on launch.

R_N
1st February 2011, 9:25 AM
I doubt that's the reason they're not releasing the dream world straight away.

It's more because they're worried the dream world servers will get the stuffing knocked out of them again on launch.

That's definitely the biggest reason, but I wouldn't be entirely surprised if preventing pre-5th gen Pokemon from getting in "early" (imagine, inconsistent bidoof before Aloe!)

Maxim
1st February 2011, 9:30 AM
WHAT?

They updated the official website but no new names. Not even town names? I hoped that they'd "confirm" Cilan and reveal Aloe's name. And wat? Nothing on Team Plasma?

I'm so let down! Really, all they did was reiterating stuff from IGN and that disappointing news about Dream World.

The worst update EVER.

BCVM22
1st February 2011, 9:51 AM
I'm so let down! Really, all they did was reiterating stuff from IGN and that disappointing news about Dream World.

The worst update EVER.

Must we really engage in petulance of this ilk, complaining about not being given what we were ever promised? Particularly when the English language versions of the games will be on shelves in less than five weeks?

Maxim
1st February 2011, 9:52 AM
Only if you had convinced yourself that you were promised information on any sort of regular basis. You weren't.

They had copied information from CoroCoro word to word so far. One update was one CoroCoro issue.

But the CoroCoro issue which had the Pokemon revealed today also had information on Cilan and Aloe, Team Plasma and Pokemon Musical. Why didn't they put these too? Were they too lazy?

BCVM22
1st February 2011, 9:55 AM
Nothing more than your own assumptions leading to your own unwarranted disappointment. You're acting as if you were handed a schedule of some sort that they didn't follow.

Yes, "too lazy", I'm sure that was the exact reason. Someone at a computer somewhere in NoA's web department said today, "nope, too tired, just not feeling it today."

Again, must you really do this?