PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Black and White General Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

R_N
13th February 2011, 12:20 AM
An RS remake would be hard. Not game wise, title wise. The only thing that would be is Ruby Red, which is just strange.

Magma Ruby
Land Ruby
Righteous Ruby
Rad Ruby
Stunning Ruby, Ravishing Sapphire
Ravishing Ruby

tons of options

KYUREM
13th February 2011, 12:22 AM
True, but pokemon games are based on colors and gems. Not adjectives.

BCVM22
13th February 2011, 12:24 AM
And making of games is not based on mindless trivial factors like their names.

Seriously, of all the factors that would affect whether a future game of any sort gets greenlit or not, what name they would give it is somewhere down near the bottom of the list.

R_N
13th February 2011, 12:25 AM
True, but pokemon games are based on colors and gems. Not adjectives.
Fire Red
Leaf Green
Heart Gold
Soul Silver

the first two effectively describe the red and green (or the fire and leaf, I suppose)
The last two are similar (also heart of gold, soul of silver)

sooooo

MetalFlygon08
13th February 2011, 12:59 AM
Obviously both will be changed to have Cilan as the new Hero/Heroine, THAT'S RIGHT HE DOES BOTH, HE JUST DOES! and the games will be FABULOUS Ruby and FABULOUS Sapphire.

KYUREM
13th February 2011, 1:16 AM
Or Cobalt (Sapphire) and Crimson (Ruby).

Missingno. Master
13th February 2011, 1:24 AM
MagmaRuby and AquaSapphire
RedRuby and BlueSapphire
TerraRuby and MarineSapphire
HotRuby and ColdSapphire
WarmRuby and CoolSapphire

The possibilities is limitless.

GaZsTiC
13th February 2011, 1:32 AM
Obviously both will be changed to have Cilan as the new Hero/Heroine, THAT'S RIGHT HE DOES BOTH, HE JUST DOES! and the games will be FABULOUS Ruby and FABULOUS Sapphire.

http://i665.photobucket.com/albums/vv11/Sceptile_2009/1297083477456.jpg

Obligatory. ^^

Ace of Shades
13th February 2011, 1:32 AM
Why are we discussing RS remakes here?

Rentaline99
13th February 2011, 2:11 AM
Why are we discussing RS remakes here?

It's happening
....the end is near.

Jb
13th February 2011, 3:08 AM
Not for 10 more months buddy.

A_Merry_Snowrunt
13th February 2011, 3:09 AM
As much I would love to discuss about a potential rs remake, there's one thing left that hasn't been know; has Missingno been confirmed? Perhaps Victini took its spot and ended his 14 year spree of glitching the games?

BCVM22
13th February 2011, 3:10 AM
has Missingno been confirmed?

...what, really?

A_Merry_Snowrunt
13th February 2011, 3:15 AM
...what, really?

everyone's beloved glitch pokemon has to return in some shape and form! Unless Victini finally ended its rule of glitching the past 4 generations. And now I have route 117 playing in my head.

Maverik
13th February 2011, 3:24 AM
Victini is #494 in the National Pokedex.

"Missingno." is still "#000"

BCVM22
13th February 2011, 3:26 AM
everyone's beloved glitch pokemon has to return in some shape and form!

No. No, it doesn't. Again, seriously?

A_Merry_Snowrunt
13th February 2011, 3:32 AM
so who wants to discuss about alternate formes? What do you think Kyurem would look like in the third version?

ChanceTheLance
13th February 2011, 4:29 AM
First off I heard rumors there wasn't going to be a third version, but if there is Kyurem would probably have a form where it stands on it's hind legs

BCVM22
13th February 2011, 4:31 AM
First off I heard rumors there wasn't going to be a third version

No, you didn't. You heard an interview in which someone said, in spin terms, "we're still marketing Black and White, we're not going to dilute that effort by mentioning future games that are still a good two years off". And parts of the fandom, as they so often and so terribly do, saw a harmless rain shower and brilliantly deduced that the sky was falling.

ashgirl92
13th February 2011, 5:18 AM
No, you didn't. You heard an interview in which someone said, in spin terms, "we're still marketing Black and White, we're not going to dilute that effort by mentioning future games that are still a good two years off". And parts of the fandom, as they so often and so terribly do, saw a harmless rain shower and brilliantly deduced that the sky was falling.

I agree. There is always a remake. Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, and Platinum. There is probably a ... 99.9% chance there will be a remake. Hopefully there will be a merging of Black City and White Forest of some sort, I honestly can't pick between the two yet!

Ememew
13th February 2011, 5:28 AM
Can you imagine the fanbase if they decide to put games between B/W and the 3rd Version (like they did when they made Ruby/Sapphire, followed by Fire Red/Leaf Green, THEN Emerald after the remakes)?

Anyway, I hope the 3rd Game has a new area altogether rather than a Black City/White Forest combo. Not sure what would best represent a 3rd counterpoint to nature and technology, so I suppose it's unlikely, though.

Adrexus
13th February 2011, 5:34 AM
Can you imagine the fanbase if they decide to put games between B/W and the 3rd Version (like they did when they made Ruby/Sapphire, followed by Fire Red/Leaf Green, THEN Emerald after the remakes)?

Anyway, I hope the 3rd Game has a new area altogether rather than a Black City/White Forest combo. Not sure what would best represent a 3rd counterpoint to nature and technology, so I suppose it's unlikely, though.

Possibly they just design it so the two areas are located right next each other, or put them one in a separate part of the region, or just make a whole new area entirely.

A_Merry_Snowrunt
13th February 2011, 5:36 AM
What about an exclusive area for the third game, like Grey Sea?

Grei
13th February 2011, 5:36 AM
It could just be a forest with an entire city within it. Similar to Fortree City--a city that represents a synergy between technology and nature.

Ememew
13th February 2011, 5:44 AM
City+Forest (nature and technology together) is what I think of as the most likely, although as I said a new area altogether would be neat.

City = Technology
Forest = Nature

Together (similar to Fortee, as Grei suggested) does indeed seem most likely, but what else could show a connection between nature/technology? Solar Panels like from Sunyshore? Black City combined with White Forest seems the most likely, though.

"Grey Sea" sounds like a fun idea (though "Lake" might be better due to size) - to combine nature and technology, maybe a city built over/around a lake (taking a leaf from Sootopolis/Pacifidlog). I'd prefer a "new area" to an amalgamation of the other two.

Neat ideas, guys.

Rowdy
13th February 2011, 5:55 AM
Gray Sea (or Lake) are good names.

But I find Gray Sanctuary to fit well for a place which holds a perfect fushion between nature and technology. Gray Haven was also a possibility, but it might mistake Pokemon for Lord of the Ring.

Grei
13th February 2011, 6:00 AM
"Grey Lake" sound horribly dull. It sounds like a place where dead bodies are deposited.

I like the idea, just not the name.

BCVM22
13th February 2011, 6:06 AM
"Grey Lake" sound horribly dull. It sounds like a place where dead bodies are deposited.

People do claim the franchise needs to be "more mature".

iLoveDratinis
13th February 2011, 6:07 AM
how about a "greyveyard" :D

pikalax
13th February 2011, 6:16 AM
Getting to the mechanics of Grey Lake, the first question that comes to mind is, how will the Grey Lake be made compatible with Black and White's High Link? My guess is that while Grey players see whatever area is in the game with which they are communicating, Black players communicating with Grey would see White Forest, and vice versa.

Also, I just made a stupid observation. I always thought that STAB was just *1.1, when it's been *1.5 this whole time. I'm still hitting myself for using my Patrat's Bite (60, DK) when Tackle (50, NM*) is 25% stronger with STAB.

A_Merry_Snowrunt
13th February 2011, 6:22 AM
It could just be a forest with an entire city within it. Similar to Fortree City--a city that represents a synergy between technology and nature.

/speculation. we have a winner. gray sanctuary sounds nice too.

Grei
13th February 2011, 6:26 AM
People do claim the franchise needs to be "more mature".

That is true. And as the fandom clearly shows, the only thing that's more mature than death is sex!

A_Merry_Snowrunt
13th February 2011, 6:45 AM
That is true. And as the fandom clearly shows, the only thing that's more mature than death is sex! I would rather see Pokemon pull a Harvest Moon. You know how you get married and get a kid? Wait...who the hell would you marry in the game?

KibaLG8
13th February 2011, 7:02 AM
I agree. There is always a remake. Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, and Platinum. There is probably a ... 99.9% chance there will be a remake. Hopefully there will be a merging of Black City and White Forest of some sort, I honestly can't pick between the two yet!

Black City & White Forest are probably going to be replaced with a Gray Resort or something like that.

Disgruntled Goat
13th February 2011, 1:16 PM
An RS remake would be hard. Not game wise, title wise. The only thing that would be is Ruby Red, which is just strange.

ShiningRuby & GleamingSapphire

"Grey Lake" sound horribly dull.

Well yeah, the game's obviously not going to be called 'Pokemon Gray' for that exact reason. I'm thinking either going the complete opposite way and calling it 'Pokemon Rainbow', or some kind of B/W combo like 'DarkLight'. Or 'Ultraviolet'.

KYUREM
13th February 2011, 2:30 PM
True, but Pokemon Gray seems appropriate for Kyurem, Zekrom, and Reshiram are a trio. Darklight and Ultraviolet could be another set of pokemon.

Missingno. Master
13th February 2011, 2:43 PM
First, my stance on this whole "no third version" stuff; I agree that it was most likely stated to prevent people from not buying Black and White and just waiting for the inevitably better third version. But, we can't rule out the possibility that there will be no third version altogether. Nintendo loves their money, so it wouldn't make too much sense, but it's still a distinct possibility. Nevertheless, I, ever the optimist, will speak as if there will be a third version.

What I'm thinking for Gray Version's exclusive area is something like what they did in Platinum to determine which fossil the underground gave you. If your trainer ID is an even number, you get Black City, and the final Gym Leader would be Drayden. Odd number, you get White Forest, and Iris is the last Gym Leader.

KYUREM
13th February 2011, 2:52 PM
What I'm thinking for Gray Version's exclusive area is something like what they did in Platinum to determine which fossil the underground gave you. If your trainer ID is an even number, you get Black City, and the final Gym Leader would be Drayden. Odd number, you get White Forest, and Iris is the last Gym Leader.

Good idea! There is a chance that what you said could be made, after all.

But i hope there is another ;486; in a remake.

The Eleventh
13th February 2011, 3:18 PM
Another what? It's not exactly clear what you're saying. You want another Regi in a BW remake? I can't tell what you mean.

Tyranitar trainer
13th February 2011, 3:23 PM
Can we expect anything from CoroCoro seeing as Serebii has made a point of mentioning it should leak soon?

Serebii
13th February 2011, 3:27 PM
Can we expect anything from CoroCoro seeing as Serebii has made a point of mentioning it should leak soon?
Not BW related. I'm expecting Typing DS.

Black & White is so last year. It's all about Typing DS now

Tyranitar trainer
13th February 2011, 3:32 PM
I was wondering whether we could get some info on maybe a Pokemon 3DS game seeing as it was around this time that Platinum, HG/SS and B/W were announced

Maxim
13th February 2011, 3:38 PM
Not BW related. I'm expecting Typing DS.

Black & White is so last year. It's all about Typing DS now

A typing spin-off game! Oh God! I'm sooo hyped!

By the way, why hasn't the CoroCoro leaked yet? The leaks are getting really late these times.

Serebii
13th February 2011, 3:47 PM
Think they're cutting back on sending it out too early these days. Plus people aren't scanning or leaking as much. The movie stuff is the extent of the leak

I was wondering whether we could get some info on maybe a Pokemon 3DS game seeing as it was around this time that Platinum, HG/SS and B/W were announced
We learned of those in April of their respective years. In addition to that, we wont see ANY main series games until next year

Tyranitar trainer
13th February 2011, 3:51 PM
Ah ok, have you seen the interview with the representative from Nintendo UK where he mentions how it is possible for a Pokemon game to run using the AR features built into the Nintendo 3DS?
EDIT: Pokemon B/W was definitely announced before March last year as I remember it ruining the hype towards HG/SS here in the UK, if not the games announced Zoroark and Zorou definitely were

Serebii
13th February 2011, 3:56 PM
Ah ok, have you seen the interview with the representative from Nintendo UK where he mentions how it is possible for a Pokemon game to run using the AR features built into the Nintendo 3DS?
EDIT: Pokemon B/W was definitely announced before March last year as I remember it ruining the hype towards HG/SS here in the UK, if not the games announced Zoroark and Zorou definitely were
We got details on Zorua and Zoroark in February, but BW weren't announced until April

As for the AR games, that's true of anything

Tyranitar trainer
13th February 2011, 3:58 PM
Thanks for clearing that up. AR Pokemon games sound interesting, they could incorporated the trading cards into a new trading card game

GaZsTiC
13th February 2011, 4:05 PM
It's all about Typing DS now

This amuses me.

Serebii
13th February 2011, 4:12 PM
Thanks for clearing that up. AR Pokemon games sound interesting, they could incorporated the trading cards into a new trading card game
I'm not entirely sure that that's how the AR stuff works. From what we've been able to discern, all the cards are pretty much the same and are just used as a focal point for the game to work around with. We've seen two different AR minigames using the same card. It's all about the program, not the card. The card makes no difference in the AR on the 3DS

CaptainCombusken
13th February 2011, 4:31 PM
You know what I'm looking forward to in Pokemon Gray?

New Sprites. With Samurott on his hind legs.

The Eleventh
13th February 2011, 6:21 PM
I'm not entirely sure that that's how the AR stuff works. From what we've been able to discern, all the cards are pretty much the same and are just used as a focal point for the game to work around with. We've seen two different AR minigames using the same card. It's all about the program, not the card. The card makes no difference in the AR on the 3DS

Yup, that's exactly how it works. There's no code or anything on the card that decides what game you play, the card just works as a focal point. But just imagine, Pokémon are able to walk around your living room! It mightn't happen, but it's possible - Nintendogs + Cats will allow your virtual pets to appear wherever you put the AR card! ^_^

Disgruntled Goat
13th February 2011, 8:24 PM

Yeah, but this time in the year they were released. The next game won't be released until September next year so announcements will likely be this time next year.

Hejiru
13th February 2011, 9:51 PM
By the way, why hasn't the CoroCoro leaked yet? The leaks are getting really late these times.

Cause the BW hype is over; we know everything there is to know about the game, and people were much more motivated to post scans of new Pokemon than details about a typing game.

A_Merry_Snowrunt
13th February 2011, 10:28 PM
I'm Gary Oak and what is this?!

Anyways, I skipped DP once they were released and I waited for the third version and that came out. Well because I didn't have a DS until 2007. Anyways, what about Crimson? Since Kyurem has a bluish gray color scheme, why not Crimson to make it be the opposite?

UnovaSwampert
13th February 2011, 10:30 PM

Anyways, I skipped DP once they were released and I waited for the third version and that came out. Well because I didn't have a DS until 2007. Anyways, what about Crimson? Since Kyurem has a bluish gray color scheme, why not Crimson to make it be the opposite?

I don't know, but they've copyrighted titles they've never used. Maybe Crimson will be used in the 6th or 7th generation.

Endless
13th February 2011, 10:35 PM

I also like Crimson. As it makes blue on red, the same way as black on white and white on black. However I would not be dissapointed if it is going to be named Grey/Gray instead.

Krake
13th February 2011, 11:18 PM
You know what I'm looking forward to in Pokemon Gray?

New Sprites. With Samurott on his hind legs.

Samurott doesn't look like it can support itself on its back legs.

Anyway, are there any confirmed reservation gifts for Black and White? I heard that Toys R Us has a sticky wall post of Reshiram/Zekrom, but I want to know if the other places have it as well.

Grei
13th February 2011, 11:20 PM
Samurott doesn't look like it can support itself on its back legs.

Anyway, are there any confirmed reservation gifts for Black and White? I heard that Toys R Us has a sticky wall post of Reshiram/Zekrom, but I want to know if the other places have it as well.

It'd be leaning on its front leg. I think Proby3 was just referring to the artwork showing Samurott's sword.

KYUREM
14th February 2011, 3:56 AM

See? It could be Crimson and a shade of dark blue. You never know.

Or it could be in the next generation AFTER this one. If so, there'd be what, almost 1000 pokemon out there by 7th,8th gen?

Jb
14th February 2011, 4:05 AM
Im pretty sure it won't be called Pokemon Grey.

KYUREM
14th February 2011, 4:22 AM
There's a chance. Pokemon WHITE-Zekrom. Pokemon BLACK-Reshiram. Yin-yang. A mixture makes the third dragon, Kyurem. There is a chance it'll be grey/gray.

2fast2good
14th February 2011, 4:32 AM
Yep Kyurem is a Gray colored dragon, so there is the name of the next 5th gen game. I dont want it to be Pokemon Gray/Grey but we can do nothing.

BCVM22
14th February 2011, 4:33 AM
Yep Kyurem is a Gray colored dragon, so there is the name of the next 5th gen game. I dont want it to be Pokemon Gray/Grey but we can do nothing.

Sterling logic. Excuse me while I go play my copies of Pokémon Suicune Blue and Pokémon Yellow-Red-and-Black.

Come on now.

Sabonea_Masukippa
14th February 2011, 4:44 AM
Also since, hypothetically Kyurem's Alt. form would be the mascot, and not Kyurem it's self, it is always possible that Alt forme could have a color we're not expecting that could be used for the title? Yay? Nay? Blergh.

Jb
14th February 2011, 4:47 AM
Excatly, the third version doesn't always have to be the "Inbetween" color/gem/metal.

Gray/Grey is not really the "middle" color, black and white aren't really colors to begin with.

White is the blending of all colors and is a color.

Black is the absence of color.

Going by this logic, "Grey/Gray" is already included in "White", or Can't come from "Black" which is not a color.

Therefore, the name "Pokemon Grey" most likley won;t happen.

Though I can be completely wrong, just my thoughts on it.

Ememew
14th February 2011, 4:56 AM
There's a reason I'm thinking of it as "the 3rd game" until a title is announced. It has to do with it being hard to adjust to the Gym Leaders' and Pokemons' new English names after being used to their Japanese ones. If I have my heart set on a title and it gets called something else instead, then it will take a lot of getting used to.

That said, I have seen some decent (as well as a number of not-so-convincing) arguments for Grey/Gray and Crimson. But I have a random question about each of them. Random question #1: If it was "Gray/Grey" which spelling would be used? Or would there be different localized spellings?

Random question #2: If "Scarlet" is copyrighted as well as "Crimson" and both are red colors (and thus would have the same arguments for their use), why are people jumping on Crimson instead of Scarlet? Just out of curiosity.

Although, it would be funny if they made 2 "3rd games" a la Blue and Yellow . . . but that's EXTREMELY unlikely.

Dr. Leggs
14th February 2011, 5:09 AM
Excatly, the third version doesn't always have to be the "Inbetween" color/gem/metal.

Gray/Grey is not really the "middle" color, black and white aren't really colors to begin with.

Going by this logic, "Grey/Gray" is already included in "White", or Can't come from "Black" which is not a color.

That's terrible reasoning for why Grey won't happen. We can't say it will be for sure but it certainly wouldn't be a surprise if it were.

Jb
14th February 2011, 5:21 AM
Not really, most people think it's gonna be called pokemon Grey because they think that gray is the Mix, or "middle/Inbetween" color of Black and White.

I proved it's not.

2fast2good
14th February 2011, 5:26 AM

So if Black and White aren't colors, so i think the 3rd game can be named:
"Pokemon Transparent Version" or "Pokemon Crystalline Version". =P

Edit: Also, i guess, if there is a Black and White version, the opossite of both must be "Color".
"Black-and-white is a term referring to a number of monochrome forms in visual arts"

Elxar
14th February 2011, 5:48 AM
Ibe said they are not making a 3rd version for 5th gen but I doubt it. Especiall since all thing are pointed to it. perhaps it will have 3DS enhancements.BUt I'll stick with B/W reather than wait for a Patched game.

BCVM22
14th February 2011, 5:53 AM
Third versions are not patched games.

How is it that the very concept of third games manages to generate new confusion, surprise and controversy every generation, despite the concept being almost as old as the franchise itself?

Dr. Leggs
14th February 2011, 5:57 AM
Not really, most people think it's gonna be called pokemon Grey because they think that gray is the Mix, or "middle/Inbetween" color of Black and White.

I proved it's not.

A sweeping generalization, and one that isn't even true. Most people think it is because Kyurem is largely grey in colour, and the stone that represents it is also grey. As game colours symbolize their mascots, and Kyurem obviously has a sort of Grey theme going, it wouldn't be impossible. You 'proved' nothing.

LegendaryHero
14th February 2011, 6:00 AM

How is it that the very concept of third games manages to generate new confusion, surprise and controversy every generation, despite the concept being almost as old as the franchise itself?

I don't know if it's confusion, so much as hope? Not that I have anything against the third versions, but it'd be nice to see more change in them.

But hey, as long as Move tutors are introduced, and Hydreigon has some way of getting a kick *** stat boosting move, i'm totally fine.

Porygandrew
14th February 2011, 6:02 AM
I'd say it'd be "Chrome" from Kyurem and "monochrome" or just plain "chrome". It'd pretty much be "gray" but showier - like Giratina/Platinum.

LegendaryHero
14th February 2011, 6:06 AM
I'd say it'd be "Chrome" from Kyurem and "monochrome" or just plain "chrome". It'd pretty much be "gray" but showier - like Giratina/Platinum.

Actually, Chrome would be pretty awesome. Much more appealing than "gray."

Hejiru
14th February 2011, 6:18 AM

I proved it's not.

You didn't "prove" anything. No one can prove what the name will be. I think it most likely will be Gray. There's far more evidence for it than against it.

Jb
14th February 2011, 6:25 AM
A sweeping generalization, and one that isn't even true. Most people think it is because Kyurem is largely grey in colour, and the stone that represents it is also grey. As game colours symbolize their mascots, and Kyurem obviously has a sort of Grey theme going, it wouldn't be impossible. You 'proved' nothing.

A true gereraliztion, way back when the games were announced, way before anybody even knew of Kyurem, people assumed that the thrid version would be call "Pokemon Grey" because they think/thought that it's the "inbetween" color of Black and White. I proved that Grey is not the "inbetween" color of Black and White so games won't be named that off of that reason.

The Oncoming Storm
14th February 2011, 6:33 AM
Hey I mentioned the name chrome back when we argued bout crimson. And how does mixing every color make white? It makes black and when there is no color its white.

BCVM22
14th February 2011, 6:37 AM
And how does mixing every color make white? It makes black and when there is no color its white.

That's in pigments. It's the opposite in light.

voidhawk
14th February 2011, 6:39 AM
Hey I mentioned the name chrome back when we argued bout crimson. And how does mixing every color make white? It makes black and when there is no color its white.

Depends what you are mixing. all visible light mixed together is white, but all different paints mixed together, for example, usually turns out black or dark grey. light and dark, black and white, cannot be mixed in light, because black is the absence or the non-reflection of light. Mixing white and black paint, however, creates a grey colour.

i hope they don't go for something as bland as grey, though. it just wouldn't seem appealing to me.

BW202
14th February 2011, 6:47 AM

Be careful with your reasoning. Black is the presence of all pigments, this leads to all light being absorbed. Black=Absence of all LIGHT not pigments. White is the absence of all pigment, this leads to all light to be reflected. White=Presence of all LIGHT not pigments. Your right saying Black + White =/= Grey if you're speaking in scientific terms. However, in the Pokemon world no one cares about Science. When people think of Grey, they're going to think of art, and Black and White mixed together.

*gets off soap box*

I've always thought the main reason people thought it'd be Grey is because of Kyurem's color with the added addition of it being a medium between Black and White. This may not be the case as it may be the color of his Ancient Form if it turns out to be real.

Btw, I made my reasoning in the basis of color meaning pigment since pigment is the cause of color to me. I might have either completely contradicted or agreed with your post, the word color isn't really specific.

Elxar
14th February 2011, 6:49 AM

Actually in some way it is. They fix things that seems to broken, like the surf speed in DP and the back button for Poketch, and improved online features in Platinum's case. Although its more of an enhancement of the first 2 games with minor plot change, new moves/events, graphical update and adding new content much like Battle Frontier etc. So all in all it would be a remake+patch+DLC or director's cut. Considering its at least 80% the same with the first 2 games its not worth it if you already one of the first 2 games. BUt fans like us would justify that its a totally different game when in fact its not.

BCVM22
14th February 2011, 6:55 AM
Actually in some way it is. They fix things that seems to broken, like the surf speed in DP and the back button for Poketch, and improved online features in Platinum's case.

Which does not make them "patched games". It means that the developers used the interim period to fix any problems with the engine in addition to doing everything else, as any good developer would.

BUt fans like us would justify that its a totally different game when in fact its not.

At no point does anyone ask you to justify it being a totally different game. Nintendo and Game Freak know exactly what they're putting out and fans who buy it know exactly what they're getting.

The Oncoming Storm
14th February 2011, 7:00 AM
I really hope it doesn't get a second form. Kuyrem doesnt come from another deminsion(sp?). If it does get another form im thinkng bipedal with smaller wings and ice incasing the majority of its body. I ask here because it seems to be where people claim it has other forms.

Kreis
14th February 2011, 7:04 AM

Floaroma arch, never forget!

BCVM22
14th February 2011, 7:06 AM
I ask here because it seems to be where people claim it has other forms.

The basis of such claims is that Kyurem looks emaciated, grizzled and perhaps even injured. The thinking is that Kyurem was perhaps greater and more majestic at one time until something happened to it, and a forme change would represent that past majesty.

There is, of course, no way to verify such a claim until Unova 3.

Floaroma arch, never forget!

Oh lord, don't remind me. Don't forget that it is absolutely plausible that these five silhouetted formes appearing alongside Rotom could be completely new and different Pokémon, despite the fact that it would kill cross-title compatibility. Disagree and you're just being closed-minded and shortsighted. And a meanie.

The Oncoming Storm
14th February 2011, 7:07 AM
I wasnt here for the fourth gen unvieling. Whats this whole florama arch thats being mentioned everywhere?

Sabonea_Masukippa
14th February 2011, 7:07 AM
No no, don't be silly. Every one knows that Kyurem is going to fuse with Reshiram into one forme and Zekrom into another, each forme capable of learning one of those currently unobtainable moves. It's gonna be called Evofusion. Duh.

EDIT: The floroma arch appeared in a pre-release screen shot for platinum and was used as basis by a few users as evidence that Shaymin would be having a larger role in the main plot, I believe.

Jb
14th February 2011, 7:08 AM
I thought it was going to digivolve.....

BW202
14th February 2011, 7:09 AM
I really hope it doesn't get a second form. Kuyrem doesnt come from another deminsion(sp?). If it does get another form im thinkng bipedal with smaller wings and ice incasing the majority of its body. I ask here because it seems to be where people claim it has other forms.

Well, it was said to have crashed down on earth, so it may have had to change its appearance to adapt to the different gravity, making it weaker. This could lead to some interesting plot changes in which Team Plasma travels back in time and into space to catch it in its original form. There could also of course be an item that keeps it in its original form on earth. Kinda ridiculous, but it'd be cool.

Jb
14th February 2011, 7:12 AM
Isn't time and space Team's Galatic's thing?

Kreis
14th February 2011, 7:12 AM
I wasnt here for the fourth gen unvieling. Whats this whole florama arch thats being mentioned everywhere?

When Platinum was still unreleased, an image of Floaroma surfaced, and people noticed that the entrance to the town had an arch. Arch=SHAYMIN APPEARS AND EVERYONE GETS ONE.

That was just one theory, were there any others? The point is that about 500 pages worth of this sprouted over the arch.

Sabonea_Masukippa
14th February 2011, 7:13 AM

Return of Team Galaxy in Grey. Confirmed.

BCVM22
14th February 2011, 7:15 AM
That was just one theory, were there any others?

Yes, and they can all stay buried in the deep, dark grave of history where they belong.

BW202
14th February 2011, 7:17 AM

Outer space isn't really the same thing as that kind of space. I told you it was ridiculous anyway, but they could team up o_O How ridiculously ridiculous would that be?

The Oncoming Storm
14th February 2011, 7:32 AM
Maybe team plasma attempt to raise both zekrom and reshram and they inadvertantly gain kuyrems attention. It atacks and ghestsis comes out with a plasma orb that then brings kuyrems true form. Giant plasma powered kuyrem. Mwahahahaha.

MetalFlygon08
14th February 2011, 8:39 AM
I'm just banking on Kyu changing between all 3 forms using the 3 stones, Each Form: Fire/Ice(or Dragon), Thunder/Ice(or Dragon), and a new Ice/Dragon form.

We do have the Black, White, andGod stone.

I had a cool theory once, but can't be troubled to dig it up, since you know, it's speculation.

Ophie
14th February 2011, 12:42 PM

Heh, Ruby Red, like the neutron-bombarded grapefruits. I guess to go with that is the Bombay Sapphire Version.

Very classy.

The Pokémon TCG right now is still extremely popular, right up there with Yu-Gi-Oh and arguably Magic The Gathering. Putting up a second trading card game will be counterproductive for Nintendo, because it will have to compete against itself. Self-competition is poison for any business. Subway (the sandwich chain) put up so many stores that they competed for customers between each other, allowing Quizno's Sub to ascend and become a rival.

Oh, that's easy. Every generation gets new fans, and those are the ones who ask the same questions that have been asked and answered in every generation.

Well, that and wishful thinking.

Elxar
14th February 2011, 2:15 PM
Which does not make them "patched games". It means that the developers used the interim period to fix any problems with the engine in addition to doing everything else, as any good developer would.

A Patch is fix things does it not? I said it in "some way", but that does not justify its a "patched game". I said it was a Patch+New Content (like DLC?).

At no point does anyone ask you to justify it being a totally different game. Nintendo and Game Freak know exactly what they're putting out and fans who buy it know exactly what they're getting.

Exactly right, that's why only fans like us would be the only one's willing to purchase the game despite having the first 2 games which is mostly identical to the third version.

Anyway its like already having hamburger and buying cheeseburger because we can't buy the cheese separately and put it on our current burger. And in the end who does not want 2 burgers? Though at this point I rest my case.

No no, don't be silly. Every one knows that Kyurem is going to fuse with Reshiram into one forme and Zekrom into another, each forme capable of learning one of those currently unobtainable moves. It's gonna be called Evofusion. Duh.

Those 2 moves sounded like a fusion for Reshiram and Zekrom so that means Kyurem possibly can have 2 alternate forms.

GaZsTiC
14th February 2011, 2:55 PM
A third installment with Kyurem would be easy. Kyurem is literally the remaining corpse of the original dragon that Zekrom and Reshiram were split apart from. There could be a story where Team Plasma hope to bring all three of the Tao trio together in the hope to bring the dragon back to life in the hope that it eats all the humans leaving only Pokemon in the world.

m4rtyn
14th February 2011, 3:33 PM
I don't think Kyurem needs another form, although one would be quite exciting. I especially like Elax's theory of two different forms. But would a form change also be predictable? The thing about Pokemon, with each generation they like to introduce something new. Before Generation IV there wasn't many form changes (Castform and Deoxys the only true ones, as Unown and Spinda were non-interchangable).

The fact Kyurem doesn't currently have much of a story, in a similar way to Giratina and Rayquaza, does suggest a strong possibility of another Version. I don't really like the idea of Pokemon Grey (Gray) as it is has a laziness about it, but they might throw a curve-bal and call it something not as related to Black and White? Diamond and Pearl are precious Gems, where as Platinum is a precious metal, so it shows their doesn't have to be a complete link.

x

Hejiru
14th February 2011, 3:45 PM
I don't think Kyurem needs another form, although one would be quite exciting. I especially like Elax's theory of two different forms. But would a form change also be predictable? The thing about Pokemon, with each generation they like to introduce something new. Before Generation IV there wasn't many form changes (Castform and Deoxys the only true ones, as Unown and Spinda were non-interchangable).

The fact Kyurem doesn't currently have much of a story, in a similar way to Giratina and Rayquaza, does suggest a strong possibility of another Version. I don't really like the idea of Pokemon Grey (Gray) as it is has a laziness about it, but they might throw a curve-bal and call it something not as related to Black and White? Diamond and Pearl are precious Gems, where as Platinum is a precious metal, so it shows their doesn't have to be a complete link.

x

I though Kyurem did have a backstory; it crashed to earth and takes people away to eat them or something. Or there was one about two brothers owning a dragon and ruling the Unova region long ago, but they went to war and the dragon seperated into two; Zekrom and Reshirram, and Kyurem was what was left over. Which makes sense, because Zekrom and Reshiram are yin and yang, and Kyurem is wuji (the lack of both yin and yang). Plus fire and electricity produce heat and energy, and coldness (Kyurem's ice typing) is the lack of heat.

m4rtyn
14th February 2011, 4:23 PM
I though Kyurem did have a backstory; it crashed to earth and takes people away to eat them or something. Or there was one about two brothers owning a dragon and ruling the Unova region long ago, but they went to war and the dragon seperated into two; Zekrom and Reshirram,

Ah.. I did not know this. I really should of waited till 4th March :/ I so can NOT wait.

Which makes sense, because Zekrom and Reshiram are yin and yang, and Kyurem is wuji (the lack of both yin and yang). Plus fire and electricity produce heat and energy, and coldness (Kyurem's ice typing) is the lack of heat.

That is pretty cool. I read about Wuji on Wikipedia. It's an interesting concept.

However, I fear have over looked Kyurem's species - Boundary. Any ideas on that?

Hejiru
14th February 2011, 5:05 PM
Ah.. I did not know this. I really should of waited till 4th March :/ I so can NOT wait.

That is pretty cool. I read about Wuji on Wikipedia. It's an interesting concept.

However, I fear have over looked Kyurem's species - Boundary. Any ideas on that?

Hmm.. Boundary... like, limits on.... yeah, I dunno :P

LexSuicune
14th February 2011, 5:19 PM
Isn't Kyurem supposed to be sealed off, frozen or something? That would explain the boundary bit, he's bound like a caged animal.

R_N
14th February 2011, 5:22 PM
He's not that kind of bound, really. He just sort of...freezes himself every so often.

The "boundary" characters could be translated as a whole bunch of things, too: togetherness, emptiness, I think something to do with church, feelings

m4rtyn
14th February 2011, 5:39 PM
He might be the "Boundary" of somewhere. Like a sealed off place?
Or it could be something about what it did. Like it had crossed a boundary.
Or it could be a boundary as in Thermodynamics. Don't really understand that, but I have only done 1 semester in it :)

.:Alex:.
14th February 2011, 10:08 PM

Weird, I've been thinking about this idea myself. It would make a lot of sense, especially with the whole idea of Kyurem being the "remains" of the legendary dragon described in that story. I can totally see the plot having some kind of "Kyurem restoration" angle.

KYUREM
15th February 2011, 2:50 AM
True, a restoration of the ice dragon can, and most likely will, happen. But how? What would be incorparated in the plot somehow that gets Kyurem?

BCVM22
15th February 2011, 3:06 AM
That's the sort of question that Game Freak's staff of educated, trained and vetted professional writers, artists and programmers are likely hard at work on as we speak. And the fact that those professionals are on the job means there's really not a whole lot of point in worrying about it. They'll figure something out.

KYUREM
15th February 2011, 3:40 AM
And, hopefully, something more complex than another Giraform.

Giraform- Another Giratina-like pokemon.

Grei
15th February 2011, 3:44 AM
And, hopefully, something more complex than another Giraform.

Giraform- Another Giratina-like pokemon.

... do you expect Kyurem to change into a completely new Pokemon? I don't quite get what the problem is with Kyurem possibly being like Giratina, since there wasn't a problem with Giratina in the first place...

R_N
15th February 2011, 3:47 AM
... do you expect Kyurem to change into a completely new Pokemon? I don't quite get what the problem is with Kyurem possibly being like Giratina, since there wasn't a problem with Giratina in the first place...

And Giratina-style forms are, like, the norm?
Deoxys, Darmanitan, Cherimm to an extent, Shaymin, etc

KYUREM
15th February 2011, 3:50 AM
True, but a pokemon that changed form in a specific area, with a certain item.

Grei
15th February 2011, 3:52 AM
True, but a pokemon that changed form in a specific area, with a certain item.

Oh, that's what you meant. :/

Well... it'd be nice to have something new with Kyurem but I wouldn't be too upset if Kyurem needed an item to stay in its "new forme" outside of... I dunno, the Giant Hole or something.

Maybe an item to keep it in its "new forme" when it isn't the Winter season or something. (EDIT: Well, I suppose that wouldn't make sense, but whatever.)

iLoveDratinis
15th February 2011, 4:01 AM
what if the hold item were the black\white orb things?

MetalFlygon08
15th February 2011, 4:19 AM
3-forms, 3 stones, see theory in legendary discussion to see my guess.

adl222
15th February 2011, 4:28 AM
He might be the "Boundary" of somewhere. Like a sealed off place?
Or it could be something about what it did. Like it had crossed a boundary.
Or it could be a boundary as in Thermodynamics. Don't really understand that, but I have only done 1 semester in it :)

Going back to Kyurem and boundary it could be the fact that it keeps itself aways from others pokemon and humans alike. Which could explain why he always freezes his environment to keep itself/himself isolated. The ice being the boundary that separates it/him from the world.

R_N
15th February 2011, 4:42 AM
I don't think he purposely keeps the area around him frozen.
He can't control it at all.

Dr. Leggs
15th February 2011, 4:45 AM
I'm under the assumption for now that the flash-freezes come from its inability to control its power, such that it 'leaks out' or whatever.

adl222
15th February 2011, 5:00 AM
that may be true, it could have lost control when it crashed and broke his wing that sort of thing. But we cant be sure

Roxas013
15th February 2011, 5:10 AM
im jus catching up with this topic. so reshiram nd zerkrom used 2 b 1 dragon. nd kyurem is wats left ovr?

BCVM22
15th February 2011, 5:12 AM
so reshiram nd zerkrom used 2 b 1 dragon.

Yes.

nd kyurem is wats left ovr?

Could be. Could also not be. Check back in about 19 months.

Ememew
15th February 2011, 5:19 AM
Reshiram and Zekrom are confirmed to have originally been the same, but split apart. As for Kyurem, the common theory is that it is the remains of their original form due to its "crippled" appearance, types (fire, electric, and ice are often used together), and the similarity in their names and movesets (and the hidden Ice moves that are assumed* to be for Kyurem in the third game).

However, there is no confirmation that this is the case. It may well have been a separate dragon from the start, or may be linked to Ram and Rom in another way. In sum: Until the 3rd game clears stuff up, we don't know for sure what they have in mind.

Did I miss anything in the theory of why Kyurem is assumed to be a (literal) part of the other two? I know it has its own legends in Kagome Town (or whatever that place is called now), but I don't think anything there directly links it to the others.

*I have my own theory about these moves possibly going to new formes for Reshiram and Zekrom, (alongside a new Kyurem forme) but I understand the unlikelihood of this scenario.

R_N
15th February 2011, 5:38 AM
So far as I'm aware, there is no direct link.

Ememew
15th February 2011, 5:42 AM
That's what I thought. Thanks for reconfirming.

Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Oh, can you imagine the fanbase if games come out between B/W and the third game (as was the case in the 3rd Gen Games, with Fr/Lg between R/S and Emerald)? Oh noez!1 Teh no 3st game rum0rs was rightz1!1

Anyway, it won't be too long until B/W is released here. Too bad its the same week I have a paper due, so I won't be able to explore Unova right away . . . Guess I'll treat it as a reward for completing my paper.

The Oncoming Storm
15th February 2011, 6:19 AM
Anyway, it won't be too long until B/W is released here. Too bad its the same week I have a paper due, so I won't be able to explore Unova right away . . . Guess I'll treat it as a reward for completing my paper.

You sir are a better man then I. I would say eff the paper im playing pokemon.

Chimchar15
15th February 2011, 6:24 AM
You sir are a better man then I. I would say eff the paper im playing pokemon.

lol that's why if I have any work that needs to be that weeks I'm doing it early. As soon as 8:00 am or 9:00 am hits on that Sunday morning my foot will be in gamestop waiting to receive my copy of Pokemon Black.

tmega90
15th February 2011, 12:16 PM
lol that's why if I have any work that needs to be that weeks I'm doing it early. As soon as 8:00 am or 9:00 am hits on that Sunday morning my foot will be in gamestop waiting to receive my copy of Pokemon Black.

Yeah I am going to get all my homework done too before Sunday. Nothing is going to stop me from playing Pokemon White!

KYUREM
15th February 2011, 1:34 PM
Sadly, i won't be able to get it right away on opening day. I'll be able to get it sometime in early april, though my parents wont tell me why.

wearjo
15th February 2011, 2:26 PM
I just thought of a story of R@m Zek and Kyu... Their parents gave birth to all three and R@m and Zek were Siamese... they didnt like each other and had a fierce battle (still connected to each other) and shrivelled Kyurem, their elder brother... they seperated and still become enemies...

It sounds good in my head :D

Adrexus
15th February 2011, 6:04 PM
Well, I was thinking the same thing as you guys with the homework. I just hope I don't procrastinate so that way I can play White all day on sunday and through most of the week. Luckily though, being in college helps as I have a lot more free time than I did in high school and not having a job should give me enough time, because that's going to be all i'll be thinking about that week.

aggronFTW
15th February 2011, 7:11 PM
Black and White come out on the 4th, and I'm going on a school trip from the 7th to the 10th so I can't take the games with me, being a closet pokefan sucks ballz.

Dr. Leggs
15th February 2011, 7:18 PM
Ehh, I'll probably be playing the game a bit at school as there are others who will be, but I'll make sure to pay attention too... XD

tmega90
15th February 2011, 8:14 PM
Well, I was thinking the same thing as you guys with the homework. I just hope I don't procrastinate so that way I can play White all day on sunday and through most of the week. Luckily though, being in college helps as I have a lot more free time than I did in high school and not having a job should give me enough time, because that's going to be all i'll be thinking about that week.

Same here. I have a lot more free time now that I am in college than when I was High School. I hope I can play White for along time on Sunday.

MetalFlygon08
15th February 2011, 8:18 PM
Just thought I'd point out, there's a lot of Hoenn references from NPC's, similar to the Johto references in FRLG.

There's a couple at the villa from Hoenn, someone talks albout how awsome Steven is, but in reality, he's just a rock collector.

hever
15th February 2011, 11:00 PM
just thought i'd point out, there's a lot of hoenn references from npc's, similar to the johto references in frlg.

There's a couple at the villa from hoenn, someone talks albout how awsome steven is, but in reality, he's just a rock collector.

hint hint hint

ashgirl92
16th February 2011, 12:59 AM
I really hope they make a RS remake. I think it would be really cool. They will probably add new areas like they did in HG/SS, and I have to say... I am pretty excited : ) Though right now I am extremely pumped for BW. : ) 19 more days!

GaZsTiC
16th February 2011, 1:03 AM
Just thought I'd point out, there's a lot of Hoenn references from NPC's, similar to the Johto references in FRLG.

There's a couple at the villa from Hoenn, someone talks albout how awsome Steven is, but in reality, he's just a rock collector.

Hoenn in 3D = awesome.

ArchedThunder
16th February 2011, 1:22 AM
Hoenn in 3D = awesome.

Hoenn in full 3D on 3DS = Even more awesomeness.

iLoveDratinis
16th February 2011, 1:24 AM
Mind-blowing awesomeness.

ArchedThunder
16th February 2011, 1:34 AM
The addition of day and night and Seasons would also make the Hoenn games much cooler.

GaZsTiC
16th February 2011, 1:48 AM
Hoenn in full 3D on 3DS

The addition of day and night and Seasons would also make the Hoenn games much cooler.

http://i665.photobucket.com/albums/vv11/Sceptile_2009/1297083477456.jpg

Poke_Mania97
16th February 2011, 6:01 PM
has anyone seen the toys'r'us bonus? look at this if u haven't!

http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Toys-R-Us/Video-Games/Games/Nintendo-DS-Pokemon-Black-plus-Free-Accessory-Kit(0085615)

Hejiru
16th February 2011, 6:02 PM
has anyone seen the toys'r'us bonus? look at this if u haven't!

http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Toys-R-Us/Video-Games/Games/Nintendo-DS-Pokemon-Black-plus-Free-Accessory-Kit(0085615)

Luxio error.

Poke_Mania97
16th February 2011, 6:50 PM
Luxio error.

http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Toys-R-Us/Video-Games/Games/Nintendo-DS-Pokemon-Black-plus-Free-Accessory-Kit(0085615);jsessionid=AA952A280878D616BCE102A1FA 0FA51A.app01

if it doesnt work, then go to toysrus UK and type in pokemon black (or white)

The Phoenix Lodge
16th February 2011, 7:55 PM
The problem with the link is that the ')' was left out of the linking text. So if you click the link and then add that to the end the link will work.

The second link works straight away though.

A_Merry_Snowrunt
16th February 2011, 8:43 PM
OH god, Hoenn. I've been replaying my RSE games lately. I can't wait to hear the glorious soundtrack on the DS or 3DS in the future. Unless Generation VI will be the generation III remakes. V could just skip a remake right? After all, isn't generation V going to be short? We have this, the spin off ( PMD ) and then the third game to BW. Shouldn't there be an announcement for Pokemon Smash next month?

Jb
16th February 2011, 9:27 PM
Why are you guys talking about honen when you didn't play b/w yet....

Grey Wind
16th February 2011, 9:52 PM
I hope they make RSE remakes... Sapphire was my first game so I'll really feel the nostalgia. How do you know Gen V will be short?

LickiLicky1515
16th February 2011, 9:58 PM
Love Ash's new clothes OMG

UnovaSwampert
16th February 2011, 9:59 PM
I hope they make RSE remakes... Sapphire was my first game so I'll really feel the nostalgia. How do you know Gen V will be short?

They better make RSE remakes. Best games ever. Emerald was, in short, awesome.

i saw some "leaked covers", anyone know if these are real?

BCVM22
16th February 2011, 10:00 PM
Of course they're not real.

The Eleventh
16th February 2011, 10:08 PM
You're right, Generation V could be really short. They'd have to start a new generation with the 3DS, right? Black and White will probably be the last main Pokémon game for the DS, so after the RSE remakes on the 3DS, we'll most likely be moving onto a new region and new Pokémon. Oh God, it won't be long until there's a thousand Pokémon! O.O

Lishus13
16th February 2011, 10:13 PM
Erk....question.
This is going to sound really stupid, but that IS supposed to be a beard on Drayden, correct? So, his mouth is under that?

I'm not sure what they're trying to convey...or make it look like.

I got that Skyla's hairpiece is a propeller, and Burgh's belt buckle is a butterfly, but what are the other stylistic things on the gym leaders, such as....

A) Clay's....crotch area?
B) Caitlin's hair....bows?

Also I nominate Ghetsis for What Not to Wear....

Sponge
16th February 2011, 10:35 PM
Why are you guys talking about honen when you didn't play b/w yet....

It's the way it goes, people talk about everything and anything they can. Even if we don't have pokemon Black/White yet....there isn't really as much shock factor or mystery attached to it like when the pokemon were being revealed. Now we're coming close to just getting stuck into the games.

I've seen a couple of people talking about Gen 6. :S

Drayden reminds me a bit of Damon Gant from the ace attorney series: http://aceattorney.wikia.com/wiki/Damon_Gant

Although a lot less orange....

BCVM22
16th February 2011, 10:42 PM
You're right, Generation V could be really short. They'd have to start a new generation with the 3DS, right? Black and White will probably be the last main Pokémon game for the DS, so after the RSE remakes on the 3DS, we'll most likely be moving onto a new region and new Pokémon.

Yes, all of this will very possibly happen, but you're compressing the time frame considerably. If Generation V follows the same internal time frame that Generation IV did, that has Unova 3 releasing in fall of 2012 and any potential remakes a year after that, which puts us at fall of 2013. Even if they only waited a year for Generation VI (as they did between IV and V), that's still fall of 2014, just under four years from now. Shorter than the pre-Generation V gaps, maybe, but certainly not paradigm-shatteringly so, and nothing to write home about at any rate.

Erk....question.
This is going to sound really stupid, but that IS supposed to be a beard on Drayden, correct? So, his mouth is under that?

It's supposed to look like a dragon's jaw: large and with pointed teeth. Compare his beard to, say, Zekrom's lower jaw and you'll see the resemblance.

He's wearing chaps (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaps); it's cowboy garb (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d0/Chaps_-_colour_isolated.jpg).

DaTreeko =3
16th February 2011, 11:13 PM

Now I am going to have dreams about what the episode will be like...
(Host: Today we shall be changing the style of Ghetsis, the semi-leader of Team Plasma In the Unova region! Ghetsis: I'm FINE! Get me off this dang show, you humanoids!)

As for this gen being short, It could be long, It could be short. Only time shall tell. I'm hoping it goes like last gen, with this one ending in 2014.

gliscor&yanmega
16th February 2011, 11:18 PM
Erk....question.

I got that Skyla's hairpiece is a propeller, and Burgh's belt buckle is a butterfly, but what are the other stylistic things on the gym leaders, such as....

B) Caitlin's hair....bows?

I think they are trying to make him seem more "Dragonie", since it kind of looks like a Dragon jaw, or a jaw of some big Animal.

And yes, Skyla's hair barrette resembles an Airplan Propeller, which fits in with her type(Flying), and how there is an Airport or something in her city as well. She also wears all Blue to possible reference the sky.

Burgh's belt buckle, like you said is that of a Butterfly which fits with his type(Bug).

As for the others:
Cilan-Hair is Green and looks like grass, fits with his type(Grass). His outfit is to show his waiter aspect.

Chili-Hair is Red and looks like fire, fits with his type(Fire). Outfit is the same as Cilan.

Cress-Hair is Blue and looks like water fits with his type(Water). Outfit is the same as Cilan.

Lenora-Plain looking clothes which fits with her type(Normal).

Elesa-The things are her ears looks like cable, which deals with her type(Electric). She also has Yellow hair, and a Yellow outfit.

Clay-Looks he's wearing cowboy gear, although I'm not sure how that deals with his type. But his Gym leader title is "Underground Boss" which deals with his type(Ground), also explains why he has a briefcase. Also, the color Brown is all over him.

Brycen-His outfit suits his type(Ice).

Iris-Hair? Looks like something a Dragon would have? No clue on this one. Her hair is odd though so it may deal with that.

Shauntal-Outfit is not from this world lol. The colors of her outfit match her type(Ghost). The thing around her neck probably has something to do with ghosts too.

Grimsley-He's suppose to look like a Vampire which I guess can deal with his type(Dark).

Caitlin-Not sure, maybe her outfit. Hard to show Psychic type on people.

Marshal-Big looking guy, looks like he's barefoot too, and his outfit all deal with his type(Fighting)

Alder-Doesn't have a type. Although his hair may deal with his Volcarona, which is his strongest Pokemon.

BCVM22
17th February 2011, 2:56 AM
Clay-Looks he's wearing cowboy gear, although I'm not sure how that deals with his type. But his Gym leader title is "Underground Boss" which deals with his type(Ground), also explains why he has a briefcase. Also, the color Brown is all over him.

From his outfit, Clay (http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/7/7b/Black_White_Yacon.png) fits the visual archetype of the rich southwesterner, someone from Arizona or New Mexico or Texas or California or thereabouts who has lots of money and dresses in higher-end versions of the garb typical of that region; his briefcase, expensive-looking watch and ornate cowboy hat support this.

Given his Ground-type as a Gym Leader, it might suggest he's meant to be taken as an oil tycoon, someone of the above archetype who made their fortune by striking oil. When presented in popular fiction, they often resemble Clay as he appears in his Sugimori art.

Chris
17th February 2011, 2:56 AM
No amount of additions could get rid of the ungodly amount of water surrounding Hoenn (both Surfing AND Diving) or the fact that Team Magma and Team Aqua are the worst villains in the entire series.

Jolteon91
17th February 2011, 3:07 AM
No amount of additions could get rid of the ungodly amount of water surrounding Hoenn (both Surfing AND Diving) or the fact that Team Magma and Team Aqua are the worst villains in the entire series.

What if it snowed and froze all the water so we could walk it?

rocky505
17th February 2011, 3:09 AM
Winter cannot freeze an entire ocean I don't even see snow possible in Hoenn due to how tropical it is.

ashgirl92
17th February 2011, 3:13 AM
^ Hey you never know. Wierder things have happened... lol

SnugNBouncy
17th February 2011, 3:18 AM

im sorry but whaaat? you think team galactic is better than team aqua/magma? galactic's story can't compare to the evil schemes of a/m. one huge contributing factor to the coolness of a/m was that they represented one specific type of pokemon. and the diving element of hoenn was by far one of the best selling points of the game for me.

Grei
17th February 2011, 3:32 AM
im sorry but whaaat? you think team galactic is better than team aqua/magma? galactic's story can't compare to the evil schemes of a/m. one huge contributing factor to the coolness of a/m was that they represented one specific type of pokemon. and the diving element of hoenn was by far one of the best selling points of the game for me.

I disagree with the Galactic part. Magma and Aqua were cool, but I also thought they were very lame and rather unreasonable in their goals. Any idiot would know that there should be a balance between land and sea. Humans can't live on water and humans can't live without water... so having two teams that wanted one extreme seemed childishly silly.

Galactic at least was openly-villainous, and Cyrus just wanted to reshape the world because he hated humans. Oddly, that sounds much more threatening than "raah we're going to take your water away so that... we can have land raah" and "no we're gonna make it so that theres no land for anyone!" Stupidest. Goals. Ever.

The diving in Hoenn was really awesome, though.

Cobalt_Latios
17th February 2011, 3:37 AM
I disagree with the Galactic part. Magma and Aqua were cool, but I also thought they were very lame and rather unreasonable in their goals. Any idiot would know that there should be a balance between land and sea. Humans can't live on water and humans can't live without water... so having two teams that wanted one extreme seemed childishly silly.

Galactic at least was openly-villainous, and Cyrus just wanted to reshape the world because he hated humans. Oddly, that sounds much more threatening than "raah we're going to take your water away so that... we can have land raah" and "no we're gonna make it so that theres no land for anyone!" Stupidest. Goals. Ever.
Although, you have to admit, their reaction to when things went horribly wrong was quite humorous, "oh ****, we just awakened an incredibly powerful ancient legendary Pokemon with the orb... and we can't control it. Oops..."

The diving in Hoenn was really awesome, though.
I'd have to agree here, I thought it was a nice idea. Made it worthwhile to navigate all that water. I sort of wish it would have been more specific about where TM/A went though... "deep underwater trench", *finds entrance to Sootopolis*, oops wrong way...

/CL

KYUREM
17th February 2011, 3:41 AM
"deep underwater trench", *finds entrance to Sootopolis*, oops wrong way...

/CL

When i was playing Emerald, that was EXACTLY what happened to me at one point. Funny story.

Grei
17th February 2011, 3:44 AM
Although, you have to admit, their reaction to when things went horribly wrong was quite humorous, "oh ****, we just awakened an incredibly powerful ancient legendary Pokemon with the orb... and we can't control it. Oops..."

I'd have to agree here, I thought it was a nice idea. Made it worthwhile to navigate all that water. I sort of wish it would have been more specific about where TM/A went though... "deep underwater trench", *finds entrance to Sootopolis*, oops wrong way...

/CL

That was the only realistic part about them, from what I could tell. All of this craziness about how they expect things to be better when the balance between land and earth is disturbed... for no real reason. :/ I liked that they all went "oh ****" when they finally awakened Groudon/Kyogre, because then they started feeling human.

ForeverFlame
17th February 2011, 3:46 AM
Aqua and Magma were lame. Ecoterrorism? What's the bloody point? Team Plasma are interesting because they make you think about the morality of capturing Pokemon. Team Galactic's main goal was terribly run-of-the-mill, but Cyrus' constant epiphanies (especially in Platinum) made you see his rational behind trying to create a brand-new universe.

Team Rocket was just hardcore. Capture Pokemon. Sell them. Kill them. Cut off their tails.

I'm holding out for a Hoenn sequel with a brand-new villainous organization, a more satisfying storyline, and an expanded regional dex so we don't have to run into Wingulls and Tentacools every five seconds. I can dream...

Larry
17th February 2011, 3:56 AM
I have nothing but respect for Team Rocket.

GaZsTiC
17th February 2011, 3:58 AM

Ha! This is exactly what happened to me.

MetalFlygon08
17th February 2011, 5:04 AM
Well, they just wanted to expand Hoenn, I can sympathize with Magma, they wanted to get rid of some of the Bloody Water Routes in Hoenn, which wouldn't have been bad had the encounter rate been tuned down a notch, and a bigger pool of pokemon where available in those routes.

Rose Storm
17th February 2011, 5:07 AM
If Team Rocket was newly introduced, people would probably complain that their goals are too basic and uncreative... though I also think they're best villainous team. Team Plasma is definitely interesting and unique, but they don't come across as evil to me (that's probably not the idea behind them anyway).

Porygandrew
17th February 2011, 5:32 AM
Here's a novel idea: Team Aqua/Magma actually succeed at their plans and almost destroy the region! It's the only time, ever, that "Harsh Sunlight" is found outside of battle.

Galactic: all the effects we ever saw of Dialga/Palkia awakening was a shiny cut-scene and then you gotta defeat/capture it. Sure they destroyed a lake (which was pretty awesome) but you dealt with the legendaries almost right away for there to be any real effect felt in the region.

Plasma's goal is just ridiculous and stupid. I could see how if this was supposed to be a reboot of the series (even moreso than what it is) okay, whatever, but - argh I have too many issues/problems with the B/W storyline. But we've been dealing with the emotions of pokemon and their love of battle and companionship ever since Generation 2 and as recent as, well, the remakes of Generation 2. The plot seems really redundant compared to what the Rival of G/S goes through. It's just waay too stupid. (don't get me started on the final battle stuff, either)

Sapphire Kirby
17th February 2011, 5:43 AM

While I do agree about the water (diving or using a repel will keep away wild pokemon, though) I don't think Magma and Aqua are the worst. I think gen2's Team Rocket are worst, since all they do is take over a radio tower to beg for their boss to come back. Then again, R/S/E are my favorite games, so I might be a bit biased :D

pikalax
17th February 2011, 5:59 AM
Team Rocket is the best team there is. They were able to achieve so much without resorting to ancient legends and powerful Pokemon. The Boss Giovanni is the stuff of legend. Today he is still the most sinister NPC in any game. And besides, you can't forget that Team Rocket killed a freaking Marowak. Can they get more evil than that?

Team Galactic is second best. Though they used the power of Dialga and Palkia, the Boss Cyrus had a vision that was pure evil: To destroy the world and create one of his own design. And before you say it, this is not at all like what God did with the Flood. God saved people who were righteous; Cyrus would have spared no one.

Then we have Team Plasma. Though they're wildly disorganized, the intention is clear: Brainwash the kid and rule the world. ... Yeah, that does sound kinda stupid, but it makes for an amazing plot climax.

Teams Magma and Aqua were at their best when they were both evil teams, as in Emerald. But they still weren't good enough because they just weren't evil enough. They held people hostage, but they never caused any real damage.

MetalFlygon08
17th February 2011, 6:02 AM
Magma almost dumped an entire load of Rocket Fuel into the Volcano, that would have destroyed Hoenn, so there's that.

R_N
17th February 2011, 6:09 AM
No amount of additions could get rid of the ungodly amount of water surrounding Hoenn (both Surfing AND Diving) or the fact that Team Magma and Team Aqua are the worst villains in the entire series.WHAT IF

winter froze all the water
YES EVEN THE OCEANS somehow
Alternate Kyurem form for RSremakes CONFIRMED

Ememew
17th February 2011, 6:53 AM
Out of curiosity (and I don't know if anyone here knows the answer), how long does it actually take to localize the games? By this I mean, at what point is the game actually ready for release but we have to wait for the formalities of the official release date (I assume due to legal reasons)?

BCVM22
17th February 2011, 7:00 AM
It's not necessarily legal reasons, though I do imagine there are legalities involved, largely to the tune of stuff like NoA's legal department cross-checking the proposed names for Pokémon and towns and such against trademark and copyright databases, to make sure they're not treading on or too close to an existing claim. Rather, it's simple positioning. Releases in the early- to mid-spring can be positioned when market research shows lots of kids will have spring break off, giving them ample free time to buy and play the games, and near Easter, when some kids can write off their copy as an Easter gift from the First Parent Bank. And then it gives them time to restock and get plenty more on shelves in time for summer, when the free time ramps up tenfold.

As for how long it actually takes them, there are those who know the answer better than I, but keep in mind the process isn't simply translation, but rewriting the script and everything else to fit within the confines of the English language, doing stuff like making sure humor will make sense in English and the like.

Ememew
17th February 2011, 7:07 AM
Thanks for answering. I hadn't even considered stuff like spring break and Easter playing into the release date.

EDIT: Too bad they couldn't go for a "Valentine's Day" release. I know its supposed to be a romantic (or commercial, depending on who you ask) holiday, but my family always exchanged some presents on Valentine's Day. I don't know how common such a thing would be, though.

Sabonea_Masukippa
17th February 2011, 8:23 AM

Which is why you don't do RSE remakes but have a new story set in Hoenn after the events of BW.

Of course problems like the water didn't stop HGSS, who retained the low levels.

Green Blockhead
17th February 2011, 8:54 AM
OH god, Hoenn. I've been replaying my RSE games lately. I can't wait to hear the glorious soundtrack on the DS or 3DS in the future. Unless Generation VI will be the generation III remakes. V could just skip a remake right? After all, isn't generation V going to be short? We have this, the spin off ( PMD ) and then the third game to BW. Shouldn't there be an announcement for Pokemon Smash next month?

Underline Number 1:
The only problem with remaking RSE is that there will be no Emerald, and that was damn right awesome.

Underline Number 2:
Unless we manage to beg GameFreak, like we did with HG or SS, to make the third game and keep up tradition, then yes.

Underline Number 3:
Is that the new Gen V game that they're talking about?

BCVM22
17th February 2011, 8:58 AM
Underline Number 1:
The only problem with remaking RSE is that there will be no Emerald, and that was damn right awesome.

No, this is not a problem. We've had this discussion. Obsessing over your bugaboo of them not directly remaking Emerald is misinterpreting the concept grossly.

Underline Number 2:
Unless we manage to beg GameFreak, like we did with HG or SS, to make the third game and keep up tradition, then yes.

No, this is not a problem either. No person of good sense saw what was nothing more than PR speak and arrived at any conclusion besides "they're still working on pushing Black and White". That certain sections of the fanbase started panicking and jumping to an absolutely illogical and just plain mindless conclusions, like a bunch of lemmings, is immaterial.

Green Blockhead
17th February 2011, 9:04 AM
No, this is not a problem. We've had this discussion. Obsessing over your bugaboo of them not directly remaking Emerald is misinterpreting the concept grossly.

Orly? Maybe I should hack the R/S remakes, if they do come out, and make an Emerald, shall I?

No, this is not a problem either. No person of good sense saw what was nothing more than PR speak and arrived at any conclusion besides "they're still working on pushing Black and White". That certain sections of the fanbase started panicking and jumping to an absolutely illogical and just plain mindless conclusions, like a bunch of lemmings, is immaterial.

I don't care about mindless conclusions, bugaboo, concept, immaterial, bunch of lemmings or illogical. It is tradition to have a third game in the series. Black and White have just came out, give it a ****ing chance.

Bloody dammnit....

Lorde
17th February 2011, 9:09 AM
Is that the new Gen V game that they're talking about?

No. Pokemon Smash is a Japanese television program.

Anyway, I'm in love with all the new Unova region location names that were posted on the main site. I was really impressed earlier today when I took a look at the list and noticed that a lot of the names were either only slightly changed or had received new names that still conveyed the same feeling as the originals. I was afraid that I wouldn't like them, but I love them. I was also reading around and it looks like Bark Out can be passed from Zoroark to other Pokemon via breeding. I guess I totally forgot that it was a TM move and could therefore be passed down by breeding.

BCVM22
17th February 2011, 9:11 AM
Orly? Maybe I should hack the R/S remakes, if they do come out, and make an Emerald, shall I?

Have fun with that.

Seriously, what?

I don't care about mindless conclusions, bugaboo, concept, immaterial, bunch of lemmings or illogical. It is tradition to have a third game in the series.

And you've managed to miss the point entirely.

We'll start over. Nothing indicates that they will not produce a third Unova title. Nothing. Nada. Zip. Some clueless schmucks saw what was a vague statement of public relations speak and grossly misinterpreted it to mean something it very clearly does not, and as befitting schmucks of such cluelessness, began running through the streets shouting it, causing this fandom's latest facepalm moment.

Again, there is nothing that says there will not be a third title to feature the Unova region. Nothing.

Dr. Leggs
17th February 2011, 12:47 PM
So then, were you upset that FR/LG didn't come with 'Thunder Yellow' or HG/SS with 'Mind Crystal'? HG/SS synthesized Crystal's plot into them anyway, so if there were R/S remakes you can be damn sure that Emerald's storyline will be in there anyhow.

It is not 'tradition' to have third games of remakes, as the third versions are already remakes of the original games.

Hejiru
17th February 2011, 2:32 PM
A remake of a remake of a remake of a remakeorughohofoehofw.... *divides by zero*

Green Blockhead
17th February 2011, 4:57 PM
Nothing indicates that they will not produce a third Unova title.

http://n4g.com/news/698822/no-pokemon-grey-coming-to-nintendo-ds
DERP.
Also, GameFreak actully said so.

Adrexus
17th February 2011, 5:20 PM
DERP.

Well, like people have said earlier, this is a marketing strategy. It would be counter productive to the sales of Black and White. If they revealed plans for a third game now, then some people might say "Gee, maybe I should just wait 2 years until a better version of the same game comes out" So we don't know anything about a third game yet. It would be wise at this point to take everything with a grain of salt.

ArchedThunder
17th February 2011, 5:51 PM
DERP.

Misinterpretation my child.
It would be suicide to tell people one month before the games are released that there will be a better version in a year or two.

Tyrannotaur
17th February 2011, 6:30 PM
DERP.

Picture you are buying an iPod. You heard alot of people liked the iPod touch so you intend on buying it. You then hear people speculating that Apple will release a updated version of the iPod touch in a year. So you decide to hold off on buying it for now. Then you see an interview with Steve Jobs, where he is asked if they will be releasing an updated version of the iPod touch next year. He is doing this interview to promote the recent iPod touch, so he denies that they are making a new iPod touch and says that this iPod touch is the last one in the line. Now obviously Apple will keep making new models, but if Steve Jobs admitted to a new model being in the works the sales for the current model would plummet, as everyone would just wait for the next version. That is the same thing that's going on here with Pokemon. We all know a third version is in the works. It was mentioned in a interview that they intend to expand on N's backstory and there are special moves that no pokemon can learn. If you asked Game Freak if Platinum was coming while Diamond and Pearl where being promoted, you think they'd say "Oh yeah that'll be out in a year or two, so you mind as well save your money and not buy our inferior game"? Absolutely not. They want you to buy Black and white, then they want you to buy Grey a few years later cause its "shiny and new". Companies do this all the time. Nintendo with the Ds Lite, DSi, DSiXL. Microsoft with the Xbox 360 slim. Sony with the PS3 slim. Car Companies with a new model every year. Grey/Chrome/Crimson/Brown or w/e it'll be called is coming. Don't worry.

-;248;

tmega90
17th February 2011, 6:55 PM
I can see why Nintendo would say that. It would be stupid to say there will be an updated version in a year when the games are coming out next month.

LickiLicky1515
17th February 2011, 9:28 PM
My favorite Pokemon from the 5th generation are
Golurk
Seismitoad
Emboar
Simisage
Braviary
Krookodile

LickiLicky1515
17th February 2011, 9:42 PM
just saw Pokemon black and white commercial OMG

Poke_Mania97
17th February 2011, 10:52 PM
DERP.

actually like others have said its just a marketing strategy. there will be a 3rd game, theyre just not saying yet. whats the point in saying, people will just buy the 3rd game cause theyre usually better than the two before it, like how emerald was better than R/S. this will lead to B/W going down is sales. i know 3 people who say theyre gonna wait for the 3rd game, so theres an example.

Ophie
17th February 2011, 11:01 PM
Nice explanation there about companies not talking about some later model coming out. Hopefully, there won't be anyone here who will go, "But then I'll go get both!" like some kids I've encountered. (They're just too rich--two DSs and every version of the main series games that come out.)

Why not? It'd make for impressive cosplay.

The Eleventh
17th February 2011, 11:42 PM
Nice explanation there about companies not talking about some later model coming out. Hopefully, there won't be anyone here who will go, "But then I'll go get both!" like some kids I've encountered. (They're just too rich--two DSs and every version of the main series games that come out.)

Hey! I have 3 DSes, and that doesn't make me rich. :P

By "But then I'll go get both!", do you mean Black and White, or Black or White and "Grey"?

Maverik
18th February 2011, 12:58 AM
Hey! I have 3 DSes

Hey! I have 3DSes

Hey! I have 3DS

Hey! I have 3DS

You have the 3DS? Lucky bastard...

Ophie
18th February 2011, 1:04 AM

By "But then I'll go get both!", do you mean Black and White, or Black or White and "Grey"?

I mean Black or White, and then whatever comes next. Of course, some will get Black, White, AND the next version, to where I think, "Now you're just plain opulent." And of course no one is going to call themselves rich. Rich people are simply those with more money than you.

Also, what do you have three DSs for?

rocky505
18th February 2011, 1:06 AM
Also, what do you have three DSs for? It's called trading.

Ophie
18th February 2011, 1:08 AM
You only need two for that...

Maverik
18th February 2011, 1:18 AM
What about the advantage of having multiple save files, being able to have all three starter Pokemon and being able to have a new adventure three times with slightly different plots?

You don't really need to be rich- in America the combined cost of B and W is around 70.00 USD- and people here spend a lot of money- and when "G" comes out it'll only be another 30.00-40.00 USD and people will have enough money. I could buy all three versions but I choose not to for the sake of not irritating my parents.

Tyrannotaur
18th February 2011, 3:19 AM

Hey Thanks.
I actually have 4 DSes but I'm not a kid. Original DS Phat was a gift, but it doesn't work all that well anymore so I bought a DSlite. Then I bought the special Dialga/Palkia DSlite to replace my DsPhat and so I could trade. Then I fell for the hype of the DSi and bought that. Do I need them all? No. You only need two. I'll probably trade the regular DSlite in for the 3Ds anyway.

You have the 3DS? Lucky bastard...
I LOLed :D

What about the advantage of having multiple save files, being able to have all three starter Pokemon and being able to have a new adventure three times with slightly different plots?

You don't really need to be rich- in America the combined cost of B and W is around 70.00 USD- and people here spend a lot of money- and when "G" comes out it'll only be another 30.00-40.00 USD and people will have enough money. I could buy all three versions but I choose not to for the sake of not irritating my parents.

Most Kids I imagine only get one version. When I was a kid I used work it out so I'd buy one game myself and then get the other one for a holiday (usually Easter) or just wait for my Birthday. Of course I was in High School by the time Ruby and Sapphire hit so I could afford both games by then.
I too enjoy replaying the games. When you get to a certain point in game you don't want to keep playing, so its more fun to just trade everything important over (or put it in Box RS) and start over.
-;248;

CaptainBrain
18th February 2011, 3:33 AM
I'm still rocking the original DS model. I've had it since the year after it came out. It still works really well for me, so I haven't seen a reason to get a new one.

My younger brother, however, has gone through two DS Lites.

Ophie
18th February 2011, 5:55 AM
Yeah, I have a single DS, the original one too. This was back before they released it in any color but that metallic gray. I got it the month after it came out and found a superb-condition used copy, which I bought for $110. I have the Diamond version and the HeartGold version. I don't need any others because I can freely trade with other people (which, I presume, is what Nintendo intended in the first place).

The battery has gone to the devil, having only about 1 hour of life before the power light turns red. It still works though--I suppose I'm thrifty that way, because I apply this to everything I buy: I will not buy another until the previous one is no longer in usable condition.

R_N
18th February 2011, 6:29 AM
I somehow ended up with all the DSes. I was stingy with my original DS for yeaaaars, and then eventually I bit the bullet (due to various circumstances)
then the next month DSi was announced and next thing I knew I had all the DSes

This time I am determined to stick with 3DS until the bitter end.
STEADFAST RESOLVE

Dragard
18th February 2011, 6:37 AM
I have a thing for the latest game systems... I have a DS Phat that I got when it came out, a DS Lite when that came out, and a DSi when that came out as well... I didn't get the DSi XL though, simply because all it is is a supersized DSi =/ I'm getting the 3DS as soon as I can as well...

Adrexus
18th February 2011, 7:27 AM
I bought a DS lite off of Amazon for 60 bucks. Has a giant X mark on the top screen and froze while I was trying to trade between HG and Pt. Luckily it stopped doing that but it was a scare. Why did I do it? Because I want to complete the national dex in HG before BW and it looks like i'll be able to do it. Anyway I hope they come out with the Reshiram and Zekrom DSes for the US. In the UK, how much is one supposed to cost? Does anyone know?

Sakrey
18th February 2011, 9:39 AM
The new C-gear skins and pokedex skin that will be available are so neeto...I want them right away !!

Rose Storm
18th February 2011, 2:41 PM
My first DS was a DS lite, that lasted for about a year before I dropped it on some concrete and the hinge broke - the top screen was barely hanging on. So I traded it in for another DS lite (this was about a week before the DSi came out) and that one lasted for another year before I did the exact same thing, but the damage isn't as extensive this time; I just had to stick some blue-tack on the back to stop the screen from falling backwards every time.

Rowdy
18th February 2011, 2:49 PM
Hey, I have a question for you guys and gals.

A few days ago, a friend of mine said that he had read that if you had reserved Black and/or White in the US, you'll be able to get them on the 4th while non reserver's will have to wait till the 6th to pick either up. I've been looking around to try to verify this, but I haven't found anything yet.

So my question is has anyone else heard about this or do you think my friend is just BSing?

SasakiThePikachu
18th February 2011, 4:29 PM
Still have my original pink DS Lite from 2007, the thing is perfectly usable so I see no point in upgrading anytime soon. I also bought a second-hand silver metallic DS from amazon for about $Ł50 ($90). The screen and the battery are shot to sh*t, but as I only use it for five minute intervals to trade with myself, that's not a problem.

Haha, Ophie, I'm planning to get Black, White and Gray (whatever its called) and I'm not opulent!! :D I just hate starting my save file over, and with so many pokemon to raise as part of my team, the only way to do that is by getting all the games...

The Eleventh
18th February 2011, 5:55 PM
I'll be buying White and then the third version, but again, that doesn't make me rich. :P

I got the original DS when it came out, then never bothered to buy a Lite, but decided to buy a DSi cos I was tired of the chunky block. Then, last year, I bought an XL. I'm so glad I did! When I put my DSi and my XL beside each other, the DSi looks horrible. The lighting is much better and it's much more enjoyable to play games on the XL.

Also, I love the new C-Gear skins. :]

Lorde
18th February 2011, 6:55 PM
Geez, those new C-Gear skins are so awesome! I'm going to go ahead and download the Charizard skin as soon as I can since it's my favorite out of the three. The Venusaur skin looks cool with the leaves and the Blastoise one is awesome in its own right, but Charizard has always been my favorite fully-evolved Kanto Starter Pokemon, so I wanna go ahead and download that fiery skin for the C-Gear.

R_N
18th February 2011, 7:03 PM
oh man those skins
those are amazing

BCVM22
18th February 2011, 8:35 PM
A few days ago, a friend of mine said that he had read that if you had reserved Black and/or White in the US, you'll be able to get them on the 4th while non reserver's will have to wait till the 6th to pick either up. I've been looking around to try to verify this, but I haven't found anything yet.

Your friend is talking out of his keister. No store will, within the rules, let copies of the game out before the street date. Straight up.

You will, however, notice that I qualified that statement with "within the rules". It is rare and particularly it is rare with titles this big, but stores do on occasion break that street date. They face sanctions from the publisher - in this case, Nintendo, a titan of the industry who could probably put you and your family in a prison somewhere without anyone knowing - but they do it just the same. Don't expect, count on or anticipate it happening, but on those rare occasions, you can try shaking trees a few days in advance and see if anything falls out.

Mario with Lasers
18th February 2011, 9:43 PM
Your friend is talking out of his keister. No store will, within the rules, let copies of the game out before the street date. Straight up.

You will, however, notice that I qualified that statement with "within the rules". It is rare and particularly it is rare with titles this big, but stores do on occasion break that street date. They face sanctions from the publisher - in this case, Nintendo, a titan of the industry who could probably put you and your family in a prison somewhere without anyone knowing - but they do it just the same. Don't expect, count on or anticipate it happening, but on those rare occasions, you can try shaking trees a few days in advance and see if anything falls out.

Why bother with throwing you in jail if they could just fabricate a motorcycle accident and be done with it? ^__^

And even if stores would break that street date... Guys, you waited six months, I'm sure you can wait a couple more days for the games.

EDIT -- Oh God, just saw the new C-Gear skins. Now THAT was what I was talking about when I wanted "cooler" skins, hah.

Poke_Mania97
18th February 2011, 9:51 PM
I mean Black or White, and then whatever comes next. Of course, some will get Black, White, AND the next version, to where I think, "Now you're just plain opulent." And of course no one is going to call themselves rich. Rich people are simply those with more money than you.

hey im getting both and im not rich! i am just lucky, cause i was originally gonna just get white, but i won my school raffle where i got a Ł30 gift voucher. so i will get black with that.

and people with both games dont have more than 1 ds, i just have a dsi, yet i have HG and SS

tmega90
18th February 2011, 9:59 PM
Those skins are really cool! I hope we get them in the english versions.

Pyrax
18th February 2011, 10:07 PM
Hey, I have a question for you guys and gals.

So my question is has anyone else heard about this or do you think my friend is just BSing?

Well, if you went to the UK on the 4th...

Damn, those skins are awesome.
Especially the Charizard skin.

kaiser soze
18th February 2011, 10:54 PM
yea, youre not getting it on the 4th. I'm getting it through amazon, and it ships on the 6th

Sponge
18th February 2011, 11:32 PM
I like those C Gear skins, the Venusaur one is my favourite. :) (Even though my favourite pokemon out of those three is actually Blastoise)

The Eleventh
18th February 2011, 11:50 PM
I love the Venusaur one, too. It's my favourite.

KYUREM
19th February 2011, 12:09 AM
Im getting the Charizard skin for my C-gear.

Poke_Mania97
19th February 2011, 2:18 PM
i like all 3, for some reason, the venusaur one reminds me of Leaf green, the blastoise one reminds me of pokemon blue, and the charizard one reminds me of that famous picture where charizard breaths fire looking up.i would change the skins on a rota.

btw who likes that UK preorder bonus?

The Eleventh
19th February 2011, 4:45 PM
The pre-order bonus is meh. Nothing too exciting. I won't be getting any kind of bonus when I get the game, however. There's no GAME or Toys 'R' Us, etc. near me.

Poke_Mania97
19th February 2011, 4:50 PM
The pre-order bonus is meh. Nothing too exciting. I won't be getting any kind of bonus when I get the game, however. There's no GAME or Toys 'R' Us, etc. near me.

its online with free delivery

Endless
19th February 2011, 6:04 PM
Will this stop the speculation about "no third game"?
http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Masuda_downplays_%22No_third_version%22_speculatio n

LexSuicune
19th February 2011, 6:12 PM
Well he didn't say there WAS going to be a third game either, just that he was surprised hearing about the rumour.

Grei
19th February 2011, 6:19 PM
Well he didn't say there WAS going to be a third game either, just that he was surprised hearing about the rumour.

:|

Clearly, he was surprised to hear that rumor because he knew otherwise. Anyone who really believed that rumor in the first place wasn't thinking clearly at all, because the rumor itself wasn't even concrete.

Rose Storm
19th February 2011, 6:32 PM
It's natural for humans to overreact. Still, how fast the rumor spread and how many people believed it was pretty unbelievable... besides, it's not like any company, not just Nintendo to break tradition in such a way, not to mention that more games = more money. There was hardly any reason for them not to make a third game.

Missingno. Master
19th February 2011, 7:11 PM
more games = more money.

Very, very true.

I admit the rumor had me genuinely worrying for a while, but the fact I've quoted, plus the fact that B/W lacks Gym Leader rematches and move tutors stopped me from falling for it completely.

I like those new C-Gear skins, but I still want a Weezing skin.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who's noticed this, but every time Serebii exclusively confirmed any Generation V English info, it's been preceded by a leaked and incomplete list every time. I mean it. Back in January, the names of the non-event stuff (plus Victini) all leaked out, then Serebii confirmed all 156 Pokemon, plus form names and the Zen Mode ability. Then we got a leaked list of Gym Leader names and Ghetsis, then Serebii confirmed all the Gym Leader names and Ghetsis, plus the Elite 4 and Champion. Then we got a leaked list of town and city names, then Serebii confirmed the English names of every location in Unova. Should this possibly unintetnional trend continue, we should expect one of the following pretty soon...

*A list of every attack except V-Generate, Cold Flare, Freeze Bolt, Sword of Mystery, Ancient Song, and Techno Buster

*A list of every ability not exclusive to the Dream World

*A list of all items normally obtainable within the game

And probably within half a week, too. Serebii's exclusive reveals have been either on Wednesdays or Thursdays so far, and every week. I'm thinking moves this coming week, then abilities the next, then items and whatever else we don't know yet on March 4th.

Actually, Serebii said outright we can expect the list of moves on March 4th, so it's more likely to be abilities next week, items the week after, moves March 4th. I hope it's not like this, though, I want to know all the move names already.

Mario with Lasers
19th February 2011, 7:29 PM
Will this stop the speculation about "no third game"?
http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Masuda_downplays_%22No_third_version%22_speculatio n

Well this is actually water under the bridge already.

(...) but she [Mana Ibe] was not asked about her previous comment

Women...

KickAsh
19th February 2011, 7:53 PM
The pre-order bonus is meh. Nothing too exciting.
It's pretty lame. In the US, it's wall stickers, which may be exciting for 6 year olds, but I'm quite a bit past that stage of my life. (Admittedly, 6 year olds are Pokemon's core audience, but I can't help but wish pre-order bonuses could just once not suck.)

Damn, those skins are awesome.

Yeah they're really nice. The Charizard one is mighty fine.

bookist
19th February 2011, 7:57 PM
Just wall stickers? What happened to those figures you got instead?

KYUREM
19th February 2011, 8:21 PM
I like the three starter skins, but there should be legendary pokemon skins.
How awesome would an Arceus skin look on the C-Gear? I mean seriously!

The Oncoming Storm
19th February 2011, 8:37 PM
Whats the uk preorder bonus

Blazios
19th February 2011, 8:40 PM
Whats the uk preorder bonus

I don't think we get one. :(

Grei
19th February 2011, 8:44 PM
I like the Venusaur skin the best. I want that one. :O For once we get C Gear skins that aren't incredibly girly or kiddish!

Victoria
19th February 2011, 10:11 PM
The English names are pretty much ALL a disappointment. Ducklett or something.... .-.

BCVM22
19th February 2011, 10:14 PM
None of them are "disappointing". I thought we were past this phase.

Porygandrew
19th February 2011, 11:41 PM
None of them are "disappointing". I thought we were past this phase.

Nope! :D

I know this generation has been a real disappointment for me. First time, ever, that I won't be buying a pokemon game and I started with the original red/blue.
We'll see what the 3rd version brings about in upgrades but until then, my money's being saved for an RS remake if that ever happens.

"Well you're just one person and I LIKE the games so boo on you!"
-random troll.

Um.... okay? yay for you? It's my money and it's not like nintendo's going to be hurting from it.

KickAsh
19th February 2011, 11:47 PM
Just wall stickers? What happened to those figures you got instead?
Dunno. Personally, I don't like either, but I can't say for sure why Nintendo didn't go with the figurines.

I don't think we get one.
Oh take heart, I'm sure you guys will get a pre-order bonus. It's unlikely that you won't, because other major countries (Japan, US) are getting bonuses. I'm not sure if Australia is, but they probably will, too.

None of them are "disappointing".
Opinionated?

Maverik
20th February 2011, 12:35 AM
What is there to be disappointed about? What did people expect anyway? This goes for every other generation that people learn about before the English release. If you weren't exposed to the Japanese names previously there would be no complaints.

I know this generation has been a real disappointment for me.

...why?

Don't emphasize your point, as well. No one is trolling one another based on this and you didn't even use the term "troll" correctly. Not only are there more reasons to be excited for a game that hasn't been released outside of Japan than disappointed, but the people who usually post that they are disappointed usually provide ignorant statements as well that makes them sound stupid.

KYUREM
20th February 2011, 1:26 AM
Im looking forward to a Haxorus. Because it is the only other awesome looking pokemon of non-legends that makes shiny charizard color look good.

Sakrey
20th February 2011, 2:02 AM
Mmh, I know this is nothing much of a big deal but as the release date is getting closer everyday, I was just wondering if, like in Japan, other countries will get 2 slightly different box arts; one for the packaging and the other one for the game box.
As a collector, I fancy this kind of things so I hope it will be the same for us.

(I know some people will find this very futile ;p)

Maverik
20th February 2011, 2:23 AM
You mean like the different boxes where the dragons had electricity or fire on their tails?

When was this used, anyway? I remember seeing it, but I don't know the circumstance.