PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Black and White General Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Felix Thunderheart
20th February 2011, 3:53 AM
Did anyone know about the 3ds thing that post on here on the new part?

BCVM22
20th February 2011, 3:54 AM
The 3DS offers nothing that the DSi/XL does not where these games are concerned.

Felix Thunderheart
20th February 2011, 4:01 AM
So, that thing on ING is not right. Thanks

BCVM22
20th February 2011, 4:02 AM
IGN removed any such mention a week ago.

Mongerty
20th February 2011, 4:13 AM
IGN removed any such mention a week ago.

Yeah, now they just have the interview saying that "We hope you will be playing B/W on your 3DS) concerning the question about any upcoming 3DS pokemon games.

I would think that we would know any differences by now, considering that both the games and the 3DS is out in Japan.

Porygandrew, I sort of agree. I personally don't like a lot of the designs, but that is me. I went and made a team out of what I personally liked, lol. I bet they grow on me in time, however.

If anything, I can at least import old favorites to play with.

Blackjack the Titan
20th February 2011, 4:16 AM
Meloetta, Keldeo, Kyurem, and Genesect are confirmed names of the legends.

Great now my username is part japanese and part english
Ugghh! (Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Zekrom, Reshiram, and Kyurem soundz combined! Lol)

Maverik
20th February 2011, 4:32 AM
Porygandrew, I sort of agree. I personally don't like a lot of the designs, but that is me. I went and made a team out of what I personally liked, lol. I bet they grow on me in time, however.

I don't believe he mentioned the designs.

The designs themselves are a bit varied because of the region's basis on North America and the New York metropolitan area, but they aren't all bad.

R_N
20th February 2011, 4:40 AM

The designs themselves are a bit varied because of the region's basis on North America and the New York metropolitan area, but they aren't all bad.
The designs have always varied wildly regardless of base region, so that doesn't really mean anything.

Great now my username is part japanese and part english
Ugghh! (Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Zekrom, Reshiram, and Kyurem soundz combined! Lol)

It's part incorrect romanization part International name

It was always Genesect, not Genosect. And Arceus is Arceus everywhere.

Maverik
20th February 2011, 4:44 AM
The designs have always varied wildly regardless of base region, so that doesn't really mean anything.

I'm just stating a fact. :/

LexSuicune
20th February 2011, 4:50 AM
The official name is Genesect?

I guess it settles it, comes from Genetic and not Genocide lol.

BCVM22
20th February 2011, 4:52 AM
Was there ever really a possibility that a children's franchise was going to use "genocide" in the etymology for a creature name?

R_N
20th February 2011, 5:06 AM
I'm just stating a fact. :/

And so was I!

Mongerty
20th February 2011, 5:08 AM

I really had nothing to go by from what was said, but there really isn't much to complain about with B/W in terms of gameplay and overall structure. (unless he just really hates the new features).

Art direction seems to be what most people disagree with, if they have any complaints. I could be wrong.

Blackjack the Titan
20th February 2011, 7:13 AM
What i wanna see in Pokemon Gray (Grey) (Exclusive Version of Balck and White) is that Kyurem is transformed just like Giratina
If they make a movie including Kyurem it should feature Meloetta
How 'bout Kyurem and the Pirouette Puncher (< Meloetta's alternate form)

Sapphire Kirby
20th February 2011, 7:43 AM
Was there ever really a possibility that a children's franchise was going to use "genocide" in the etymology for a creature name?

This is the same franchise where a nightmare monster diguised as a planet duck asks you to kill yourself to prevent the fabric of space from destroying the world. Anything's possible!

In seriousness, I would had perfered Genosect, but just one letter won't bother me. Hopefully Gray will make it an ingame event 'mon I can nickname.

BCVM22
20th February 2011, 7:46 AM
This is the same franchise where a nightmare monster diguised as a planet duck asks you to kill yourself to prevent the fabric of space from destroying the world. Anything's possible!

OK, I'll bite: what?

Sapphire Kirby
20th February 2011, 7:52 AM

OK, I'll bite: what?

Sorry, I got carried away with making the description unreadable silly. I was refering to the post-Primal Dialga plot of the second Mystery Dungeon games. That series really knows how to pour on the nightmare fuel!

Fun fact: One of the old Sonic games was going to have a level called 'Genocide City', but the level was dummied out. Sega wanted a strong word to describe the level, but didn't relize how strong 'genocide' was.

captainpost
20th February 2011, 8:12 AM
Very, very true.

I admit the rumor had me genuinely worrying for a while, but the fact I've quoted, plus the fact that B/W lacks Gym Leader rematches and move tutors stopped me from falling for it completely.

From bulbapedia:

"Pokémon Black and White

In a house near the Pokémon Center in Fukiyose City, a woman will give the player the possibility of relearning a move a Pokémon could have learned before, in exchange for a Heart Scale. Next to her is the Move Deleter."

also there are move tutors as well.

R_N
20th February 2011, 9:53 AM
From bulbapedia:

"Pokémon Black and White

In a house near the Pokémon Center in Fukiyose City, a woman will give the player the possibility of relearning a move a Pokémon could have learned before, in exchange for a Heart Scale. Next to her is the Move Deleter."

also there are move tutors as well.

That's not what he meant. He's not talking about the Draco Meteor, Hyper Beam or Oath tutors (which seem to be the new constant tutors), nor is he talking about the move REmemberer.

He's referring to the plethora of tutors that teach other, exciting moves. Like the ones found in XD, FRLG (the one-time tutors scattered about that taught former TMs), Emerald (reusable BF tutors), Platinum (shard tutors), and HGSS (reusable BF tutors, also Headbutt).
All of these tutors greatly expanded movepools with a variety of moves.

Poke_Mania97
20th February 2011, 10:33 AM
I don't think we get one. :(

what are you talking about? Toysrus are giving a stylus with reshiram, a stylus with zekrom, a black ds game case, a white ds game case and a cleaning cloth with the starters on.

its pretty good. Ive heard gamestation are doing one where u just get 3 stylus' with the starters.

Nacreous
20th February 2011, 11:05 AM
That's not what he meant. He's not talking about the Draco Meteor, Hyper Beam or Oath tutors (which seem to be the new constant tutors), nor is he talking about the move REmemberer.

He's referring to the plethora of tutors that teach other, exciting moves. Like the ones found in XD, FRLG (the one-time tutors scattered about that taught former TMs), Emerald (reusable BF tutors), Platinum (shard tutors), and HGSS (reusable BF tutors, also Headbutt).
All of these tutors greatly expanded movepools with a variety of moves.

There will probably be move tutors in the third version...if there will be one>.>

The Eleventh
20th February 2011, 11:41 AM
Sorry, I got carried away with making the description unreadable silly. I was refering to the post-Primal Dialga plot of the second Mystery Dungeon games. That series really knows how to pour on the nightmare fuel!

Fun fact: One of the old Sonic games was going to have a level called 'Genocide City', but the level was dummied out. Sega wanted a strong word to describe the level, but didn't relize how strong 'genocide' was.

Mystery Dungeon is very different to the main games series (even disregarding the fact that you're a Pokémon). It has an emotional plot and ending, so we shouldn't really compare it to the main games. :]

Hejiru
20th February 2011, 12:45 PM
The official name is Genesect?

I guess it settles it, comes from Genetic and not Genocide lol.

I thought it was genesis + insect; the genesis part refering to how it's pre-historic.

Serebii
20th February 2011, 12:52 PM
It never would have been Genocide. It would have been Genome

Blackjack the Titan
20th February 2011, 2:28 PM
Genosect (Genesect's japanese title) is basically the equivalent of Arceus, right. So then, where are the rest of its Casettes? All I see are the casettes that cover fire, water, electric, and ice moves. I know that this pokemon is a bug, but does that mean it should be denied a Ghost, Dragon, Psychic, or even Flying type casettes?

Also, I find the Pokemon games as a scam. 'How, u **?' is what you might ask. Well, if you've noticed, the first two games of each generation have individual quests and differences. Then a third game comes out and it includes all the indiviual things from each game. I've lost so much money ($150.00 to be exact) on the individual games and then got the special third.
Please quote ans give me reasons why Nintendo does this.

-Professor Rosethorn

Rose Storm
20th February 2011, 2:35 PM
Also, I find the Pokemon games as a scam. 'How, u **?' is what you might ask. Well, if you've noticed, the first two games of each generation have individual quests and differences. Then a third game comes out and it includes all the indiviual things from each game. I've lost so much money ($150.00 to be exact) on the individual games and then got the special third.

-Professor Rosethorn
Money? It's really not something to get so frustrated about.

KYUREM
20th February 2011, 2:41 PM
what are you talking about? Toysrus are giving a stylus with reshiram, a stylus with zekrom, a black ds game case, a white ds game case and a cleaning cloth with the starters on.

its pretty good. Ive heard gamestation are doing one where u just get 3 stylus' with the starters.

Where'd you hear this? I can't seem to find details of this anywhere!
I do want the stuff, though. Because Pokemon White will be awesome.
Where IS this?

Endless
20th February 2011, 3:19 PM
Where'd you hear this? I can't seem to find details of this anywhere!
I do want the stuff, though. Because Pokemon White will be awesome.
Where IS this?
You can always buy it here (http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Toys-R-Us/Video-Games/Games/Nintendo-DS-Pokemon-White-plus-Free-Accessory-Kit-(0085616))

Poke_Mania97
20th February 2011, 3:21 PM
You can always buy it here (http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Toys-R-Us/Video-Games/Games/Nintendo-DS-Pokemon-White-plus-Free-Accessory-Kit-(0085616))

yep thats it. good thing is its not version exclusive, so u get everything it shows there

KYUREM
20th February 2011, 3:34 PM
Phew! Because i want a special B/W casing for my soon-to-be-3DS ASAP! (Or DS lite, for that matter.)

Grey Wind
20th February 2011, 4:11 PM
Genosect (Genesect's japanese title) is basically the equivalent of Arceus, right. So then, where are the rest of its Casettes? All I see are the casettes that cover fire, water, electric, and ice moves. I know that this pokemon is a bug, but does that mean it should be denied a Ghost, Dragon, Psychic, or even Flying type casettes?

-Professor Rosethorn

Just don't buy them if you think their a ripoff

FireEmblemAddict
20th February 2011, 4:14 PM
Nintendo does it to make money, it's as simple as that. However I don't mind spending the money on them since I get a lot of utility out of playing every Pokemon game~

Skull-Kid
20th February 2011, 4:29 PM

How is Genosect the equivalent of Arceus? The only thing they have in common is a similar signature move. Other than that they're completely different. Arceus is the diety of Pokemon. Genosect was made by Team Plasma. How are they similar?

Also, I find the Pokemon games as a scam. 'How, u **?' is what you might ask. Well, if you've noticed, the first two games of each generation have individual quests and differences. Then a third game comes out and it includes all the indiviual things from each game. I've lost so much money ($150.00 to be exact) on the individual games and then got the special third. Please quote ans give me reasons why Nintendo does this.

-Professor Rosethorn

Profit. Nintendo is a business after all. If you feel you are wasting money, wait until the third installment comes out. I don't mind spending extra money personally because it adds to my collection of Pokemon games.

Shadow-charizard
20th February 2011, 5:47 PM
In black and White can you finally connect to high security wireless networks?

The Eleventh
20th February 2011, 6:51 PM
Mmh, I know this is nothing much of a big deal but as the release date is getting closer everyday, I was just wondering if, like in Japan, other countries will get 2 slightly different box arts; one for the packaging and the other one for the game box.
As a collector, I fancy this kind of things so I hope it will be the same for us.

(I know some people will find this very futile ;p)

Do you mean will they come in a box like HGSS did? The Japanese versions came in a box for absolutely no reason at all, so I don't think the English releases will. The pre-order images just show the normal box, unlike when you could pre-order HGSS - it showed the cardboard box.

In black and White can you finally connect to high security wireless networks?

Yes (finally!), Black and White can connect to WEP and WPA networks.

Grey Wind
20th February 2011, 7:02 PM

Oh thank God! I spent ages today swapping around my broadband just to download Entei.

I'm so glad Europe finally gets something before America, it's about time we got some love :)

Sakrey
20th February 2011, 8:27 PM
Do you mean will they come in a box like HGSS did? The Japanese versions came in a box for absolutely no reason at all, so I don't think the English releases will. The pre-order images just show the normal box, unlike when you could pre-order HGSS - it showed the cardboard box.

Yeah, that's normal because the cardboard/packaging boxes show Reshiram and Zekrom without their tails working, whereas the "real" game boxes show them while their tails are glowing.
So I still hope they will come in western countries as they were in Japan.

Angry Ancestor
20th February 2011, 8:34 PM

YES! Oh yes, this has just brought me so much happiness. :D I cannot wait for release!!!

Pyrax
20th February 2011, 8:45 PM
I'm so glad Europe finally gets something before America, it's about time we got some love :)

Didn't we get Pokémon Dash before America?

The Eleventh
20th February 2011, 10:26 PM
Yeah, that's normal because the cardboard/packaging boxes show Reshiram and Zekrom without their tails working, whereas the "real" game boxes show them while their tails are glowing.
So I still hope they will come in western countries as they were in Japan.

I hope they do too, for collectabilty's sake. I really don't think they will, though.

Didn't we get Pokémon Dash before America?

Yeah, we got that. . . thing three days before America. Somehow, I don't think Americans are too upset about it.

Will-powered Spriter
20th February 2011, 10:36 PM

Actually, if they keep releasing things internationally around the same time, we're likely to keep getting it 2 days earlier. Nintendo of Europe releases games on Friday, NoA releases on Sunday.

At least that's as far as I know.

Mr. Joker
20th February 2011, 10:46 PM
are people seriously getting upset that europe is getting black and white before america? that's ridiculous. americans should be used to getting the games on sunday and having japan get the games before them. what's the difference between japan and europe to get mad about it? i'm in america and i couldn't care less.

locomo
20th February 2011, 10:49 PM
I agree, im in america and i dont care who gets it first, im just waiting for march 6th(:

Grei
20th February 2011, 11:35 PM
I'm annoyed only at the fact that I'll get the game on Sunday and will only have a day to play it before having to go to school. :/

BCVM22
20th February 2011, 11:44 PM
Better that than releasing it on Tuesday as so many other major releases are, no?

LeviNifty
20th February 2011, 11:50 PM
Not long now =) and my local game shop is doing a deal on it which is awesome =) bit off topic but i was playing on Pokemon White on my Friends DS ( he has the FlashCard thingy =p) and I got Pokerus on the first route =p

kaiser soze
20th February 2011, 11:55 PM
they're released on the same weekend. it's not like it is a 6-month difference

R_N
21st February 2011, 12:26 AM
are people seriously getting upset that europe is getting black and white before america? that's ridiculous. americans should be used to getting the games on sunday and having japan get the games before them. what's the difference between japan and europe to get mad about it? i'm in america and i couldn't care less.

No one is upset
Though seeing many Europeans being obnoxious ****s about getting it two days first is annoying

I'm more happy for Australia getting it only 4 days after us. They usually wait even LONGER than Europe does!

Blazios
21st February 2011, 12:41 AM
I'm more happy for Australia getting it only 4 days after us. They usually wait even LONGER than Europe does!

I have to disagree.

Australia got R/B in November 1998, Europe got them in October 1999.
Australia got G/S in October 2000, Europe got them in April 2001.
Australia got Crystal in September 2001, Europe got it in October 2001.
Australia got R/S in April 2003, Europe got them in July 2003.
Australia got FR/LG in Spetember 2004, Europe got them in October 2004.
Australia got Emerald in June 2005, Europe got it in October 2005.
Australia got D/P in June 2007, Europe got them in July 2007.
Australia got Platinum 8 days before Europe.
.Australia got HG/SS one day before Europe.

BCVM22
21st February 2011, 12:47 AM
Oh, well, in that case, I'm no longer happy for Australia. **** you, Land Down Under, you can suffer with the rest of us.

UnovaSwampert
21st February 2011, 12:57 AM
Do you think Genesect could possibly be on the cover of the third game?

hever
21st February 2011, 1:02 AM

It could. But I don't understand why it would have a chance to be the third installment mascot in the first place.

UnovaSwampert
21st February 2011, 1:02 AM
It could. But I don't understand why it would have a chance to be the third installment mascot in the first place.

Right, right. Perhaps it will be because it has a connection to Team Plasma?

Dr. Leggs
21st February 2011, 1:04 AM

Well, almost every villainous team has used Crobat at some point. Doesn't mean we'll get Crobat Purple.

There's not really evidence for Genesect being the mascot, while there's lots of evidence for Kyurem.

kaiser soze
21st February 2011, 1:04 AM

it would have to be available in-game then. Although there is nothing that says an "event" pokemon cannot be distributed through the 3rd version

Dr. Leggs
21st February 2011, 1:07 AM
There's nothing to say it can't, but lots to say it won't.

ForeverFlame
21st February 2011, 1:08 AM
No, there is absolutely no chance of Genesect being on the cover of the third game. None whatsoever.

hever
21st February 2011, 1:09 AM
Right. But Kyurem would be, in my opinion, not fit to be the third mascot as it doesn't play a major role in the game as much as the other two, and its stats are very much lower than Zekrom and Reshiram... Who knows, Nintendo might play an unexpected card and give us Genesect as the thirs mascot... That, or not give us a third installment at all. :P

There's not really evidence for Genesect being the mascot, while there's lots of evidence for Kyurem.
Yes, it does, as it most resembles Z and R... But it has far lower total stats than the other two...

it would have to be available in-game then. Although there is nothing that says an "event" pokemon cannot be distributed through the 3rd version
Mmhmm

BW202
21st February 2011, 1:12 AM
Right. But Kyurem would be, in my opinion, not fit to be the third mascot as it doesn't play a major role in the game as much as the other two, and its stats are very much lower than Zekrom and Reshiram... Who knows, Nintendo might play an unexpected card and give us Genesect as the thirs mascot... That, or not give us a third installment at all. :P

So, Giratina had a big role in DP? Also, Kyurem has a possibility to have a stronger Forme considering its origins.

Grei
21st February 2011, 1:14 AM
Better that than releasing it on Tuesday as so many other major releases are, no?

Oh, when you put it that way I suppose that works. I'm not too familiar with common release dates for video games.

Yes, it does, as it most resembles Z and R... But it has far lower total stats than the other two...

Mmhmm

Dang. I was trying to post immediately after you. Then I could get Chibi_Muffin to post...

Too slow. x.x

But anyway, as BW202 said, Giratina had no role in DP whatsoever, and Platinum turned out just fine.

Dr. Leggs
21st February 2011, 1:16 AM
Right. But Kyurem would be, in my opinion, not fit to be the third mascot as it doesn't play a major role in the game as much as the other two
Ever notice how Rayquaza and Giratina did absolutely nothing of consequence in R/S and D/P?

Who knows, Nintendo might play an unexpected card and give us Genesect as the thirs mascot... That, or not give us a third installment at all. :P
Neither of those things are gonna happen.

If by far lower you mean by 20 total points, then yes.

hever
21st February 2011, 1:18 AM
Oh, when you put it that way I suppose that works. I'm not too familiar with common release dates for video games.

Dang. I was trying to post immediately after you. Then I could get Chibi_Muffin to post...

Too slow. x.x

But anyway, as BW202 said, Giratina had no role in DP whatsoever, and Platinum turned out just fine.

Lol sorry? I guess you guys have a point.

Ever notice how Rayquaza and Giratina did absolutely nothing of consequence in R/S and D/P?

Neither of those things are gonna happen.

If by far lower you mean by 20 total points, then yes.

Mmhmm

R_N
21st February 2011, 1:20 AM
I have to disagree.

Australia got R/B in November 1998, Europe got them in October 1999.
Australia got G/S in October 2000, Europe got them in April 2001.
Australia got Crystal in September 2001, Europe got it in October 2001.
Australia got R/S in April 2003, Europe got them in July 2003.
Australia got FR/LG in Spetember 2004, Europe got them in October 2004.
Australia got Emerald in June 2005, Europe got it in October 2005.
Australia got D/P in June 2007, Europe got them in July 2007.
Australia got Platinum 8 days before Europe.
.Australia got HG/SS one day before Europe.

hmm, maybe i'm thinking of other games, then

Haxaurus
21st February 2011, 1:24 AM
I'm new here, and my most favorite pokemon is chandelure, I tried making starters when i was young, and i made this candle that was a fire type and a ghost type, and i was shocked that my made up pokemon appeared in 5th generation.

hever
21st February 2011, 1:28 AM
I'm new here, and my most favorite pokemon is chandelure, I tried making starters when i was young, and i made this candle that was a fire type and a ghost type, and i was shocked that my made up pokemon appeared in 5th generation.

Please read the FAQs (http://www.serebiiforums.com/faq.php), and welcome! C:

Haxaurus
21st February 2011, 1:30 AM
Thank You Hever! :D

hever
21st February 2011, 1:32 AM
Thank You Hever! :D

No problem. C:

Blackjack the Titan
21st February 2011, 1:34 AM
Australia is a cool place, besides the fact that if you ride the zipline you'll crash into the Sydney Opera House (Hugh Jackman, the X-Man with the Bisharp skeleton)
I really do not care about release dates, as long as the game is released and is good.

And no one really answered my question; the ** just corrected me. I asked why doesn't Genesect have more Casettes than the default amount. Is it possible that it will have more Casettes in the 3rd game? Or will we have a Pokemon that will always be half of what Arceus was to be?

Haxaurus
21st February 2011, 1:34 AM
You dont have a sig, want me to give you the sprites? Im happy to give you the web

hever
21st February 2011, 1:36 AM
And no one really answered my question; the ** just corrected me. I asked why doesn't Genesect have more Casettes than the default amount. Is it possible that it will have more Casettes in the 3rd game? Or will we have a Pokemon that will always be half of what Arceus was to be?
No.

You dont have a sig, want me to give you the sprites? Im happy to give you the web
No thank you.

Grei
21st February 2011, 1:40 AM
I asked why doesn't Genesect have more Casettes than the default amount. Is it possible that it will have more Casettes in the 3rd game? Or will we have a Pokemon that will always be half of what Arceus was to be?

Is there any reason it has to have a cassette for every single type? Is there a specific need for Genesect to need to top Arceus?

Blazios
21st February 2011, 1:48 AM
Is there any reason it has to have a cassette for every single type? Is there a specific need for Genesect to need to top Arceus?

I think people want more Cassettes so that Techno Buster isn't the absolute worst signature move of a legendary in existence (well, except for Luster Purge).

Felix Thunderheart
21st February 2011, 1:49 AM

I don't think now. Arceus is like a god. But what can top a God? Nothing. I just hope that new Flying lighting rodent is good XD

Blazios
21st February 2011, 1:56 AM
I just hope that new Flying lighting rodent is good XD

It's not. Unfortunately.

BCVM22
21st February 2011, 1:57 AM
I don't think now. Arceus is like a god. But what can top a God?

The term "god" means something very, very different in the eastern sense - the Shinto sense, for example - than it does in the Judeo-Christian sense. That so many people on this side of the Pacific are not aware of this is partially the cause of all the unnecessary consternation.

Felix Thunderheart
21st February 2011, 2:05 AM
The term "god" means something very, very different in the eastern sense - the Shinto sense, for example - than it does in the Judeo-Christian sense. That so many people on this side of the Pacific are not aware of this is partially the cause of all the unnecessary consternation.

To me God mean two things, Something with Great power and God people believe in. Also dose it said Arcues pokedex said he made Pokemon or something down that line? Still Whatever I meant by it, I just saying Arcues need to be strongest then other Pokemon.

BCVM22
21st February 2011, 2:07 AM
I just saying Arcues need to be strongest then other Pokemon.

And it is, on a number of levels. That does not mean that in every subsequent generation there is a sudden need for them to "top" Arceus, as so many people have opined since we discovered it.

Felix Thunderheart
21st February 2011, 2:07 AM
It's not. Unfortunately.

I hope so, but it still look like a 1st form pokemon, but I want it on my team.

Blackjack the Titan
21st February 2011, 2:08 AM
I don't think now. Arceus is like a god. But what can top a God? Nothing. I just hope that new Flying lighting rodent is good XD

The Titans were defeated by the Gods, but they're still stronger. I guess Team Plasma really didn't want gods, they wanted Titans.

Felix Thunderheart
21st February 2011, 2:13 AM
And it is, on a number of levels. That does not mean that in every subsequent generation there is a sudden need for them to "top" Arceus, as so many people have opined since we discovered it.

The only think that make it hard to beat is we don't know what type the people using with it, unless you know what color it is for what type.

Beside that ever pokemon can be taking down with a good pokemon and a player know what they are doing. So I really don't care for there a pokemon toping it, but then I hate the idea they making it sound so strong and have another rare pokemon blast it out of the water.

Felix Thunderheart
21st February 2011, 2:15 AM
The Titans were defeated by the Gods, but they're still stronger. I guess Team Plasma really didn't want gods, they wanted Titans.

I didn't said Team plasma want Arcus or not. lol

Blackjack the Titan
21st February 2011, 2:16 AM
Considering that Arceus isn't the last pokemon in the Pokedex it means Arceus is just a god pokemon, which means that the dragon mixed pokemon and Kyogre and Groudon must also be a form of a god pokemon that covers certain parts of the world and realms (space and time).

Another question arose while looking at legendaries. Kyogre, Groudon, and Rayquaza are the legendaries of the world material (sea, land, sky) while Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina are in command of realms. But what are Reshiram and Zekrom supposed to represent (besides the colors black and white)?

Blueysicle
21st February 2011, 2:20 AM
That does not mean that in every subsequent generation there is a sudden need for them to "top" Arceus, as so many people have opined since we discovered it.

I remember when people used that as solid proof that there would be no 5th Generation and were ready to bet their first-born child on it. It's quite hilarious thinking about it now.

So I really don't care for there a pokemon toping it, but then I hate the idea they making it sound so strong and have another rare pokemon blast it out of the water.

The thing is, in several real-life mythologies, the "Creator" of the world is not necessarily "All-Powerful". Arceus may have created the Pokemon world, but that doesn't mean it's the most powerful being in it. Even though Game Freak isn't obligated to "top" Arceus, it's not impossible either. Not to mention for the longest time Mewtwo was set up as the world's strongest Pokemon until Arceus knocked it off of that position.

BCVM22
21st February 2011, 2:20 AM
Reshiram is thermal energy, Zekrom is electrical energy.

And while sticking the label of "gods" on them isn't strictly inaccurate, remember that Legendary Pokémon have far, far more in common with the kami of Shinto teachings than they do with God of the Judeo-Christian tradition or gods in the Greco-Roman sense.

Felix Thunderheart
21st February 2011, 2:22 AM
Considering that Arceus isn't the last pokemon in the Pokedex it means Arceus is just a god pokemon, which means that the dragon mixed pokemon and Kyogre and Groudon must also be a form of a god pokemon that covers certain parts of the world and realms (space and time).

Another question arose while looking at legendaries. Kyogre, Groudon, and Rayquaza are the legendaries of the world material (sea, land, sky) while Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina are in command of realms. But what are Reshiram and Zekrom supposed to represent (besides the colors black and white)?

Groudon and Kyogre and Rayquaza is more like titans. Zekrom and Reshiram I think it like Yan and Yang.... I might be wrong/

KuroiMawile
21st February 2011, 2:26 AM
I thought it was Ideals and Truth.

Blackjack the Titan
21st February 2011, 2:33 AM
Groudon and Kyogre and Rayquaza is more like titans. Zekrom and Reshiram I think it like Yan and Yang.... I might be wrong/

You're not wrong, in fact, I can't believe I never thought of that before! Alot of people have questions on this forum and a number of opinoins and sometimes facts help.

Dr. Leggs
21st February 2011, 2:35 AM
I thought it was Ideals and Truth.

This.

Reshiram and Zekrom are more of 'normal' legendaries as opposed to the deities of Gen. III-IV, I would say. They didn't explicitly create anything, they don't have domain over certain forces of nature (beyond heat/electricity), and they aren't really regarded as deities. I'm actually pretty glad for that mild change from Gen. III-IV, as Reshiram and Zekrom remind me much more of Lugia and Ho-Oh in that they're legendaries, powerful Pokemon, and figures in a certain mythos but not in a way that they are worshipped or regarded as creators.

Arceus is simply the creator of the Pokemon world. It does not have complete domain over it, in the manner that a Judeo-Christian God does. It's very powerful but I don't see the need for it to be the 'most powerful Pokemon'. I see the Arceus creation story as more of Arceus creating the Pokemon responsible for the integral infrastructure of the universe and then sort of leaving it to its own devices, as opposed to directly controlling and intervening.

tl;dr Arceus is a creator, not a God (Judeo-Christian definition), and 'topping' it is not necessary.

Felix Thunderheart
21st February 2011, 2:45 AM
You're not wrong, in fact, I can't believe I never thought of that before! Alot of people have questions on this forum and a number of opinoins and sometimes facts help.

Yay, but I remember it saying it on Serebii pokedex unless they fix it to the usa pokedex and not the japan.

@Dr. Leggs This making a world, it need not to be top. XD

Ludi-Cola
21st February 2011, 2:48 AM
Forgive me, I dunno if this is more for the confirmed info or help thread, but can anyone tell me is the DSi features for Black/White would also work w/ the 3DS? I am tempted to get a 3DS to play the game, but would need to trade in the DSi to afford it (Gamestop gives a trade-in discount). otherwise i'd keep the DSi until 3DS exclusive games come or I have more money lol.

Blackjack the Titan
21st February 2011, 2:49 AM
This.

Reshiram and Zekrom are more of 'normal' legendaries as opposed to the deities of Gen. III-IV, I would say. They didn't explicitly create anything, they don't have domain over certain forces of nature (beyond heat/electricity), and they aren't really regarded as deities. I'm actually pretty glad for that mild change from Gen. III-IV, as Reshiram and Zekrom remind me much more of Lugia and Ho-Oh in that they're legendaries, powerful Pokemon, and figures in a certain mythos but not in a way that they are worshipped or regarded as creators.

Arceus is simply the creator of the Pokemon world. It does not have complete domain over it, in the manner that a Judeo-Christian God does. It's very powerful but I don't see the need for it to be the 'most powerful Pokemon'. I see the Arceus creation story as more of Arceus creating the Pokemon responsible for the integral infrastructure of the universe and then sort of leaving it to its own devices, as opposed to directly controlling and intervening.

tl;dr Arceus is a creator, not a God (Judeo-Christian definition), and 'topping' it is not necessary.

I actually agree with the fact at how they made Reshiram and Zekrom being a myth legendary than being a god legendary. The Pokemon Company ran out of topics a legendary could represent and Palkia is the deity of space so now they cant have pokemon ruling different planets.

BCVM22
21st February 2011, 2:50 AM
The Pokemon Company ran out of topics a legendary could represent

Oh lord. Really?

and Palkia is the deity of space so now they cant have pokemon ruling different planets.

Completely different concept of space.

Forgive me, I dunno if this is more for the confirmed info or help thread, but can anyone tell me is the DSi features for Black/White would also work w/ the 3DS? I am tempted to get a 3DS to play the game, but would need to trade in the DSi to afford it (Gamestop gives a trade-in discount). otherwise i'd keep the DSi until 3DS exclusive games come or I have more money lol.

Given the relatively low numbers of 3DS units shipping at launch, there is very little chance you'd be able to secure one at this late date.

That aside, I'd like you to consider what you know about the 3DS and take a guess as to the answer of your question. I'll tell you if your line of thinking is aimed in the right direction or not.

Disgruntled Goat
21st February 2011, 2:57 AM
What i wanna see in Pokemon Gray (Grey) (Exclusive Version of Balck and White) is that Kyurem is transformed just like Giratina
I think this is unlikely, since Kyurem doesn't actually appear in black/white (as far as I know anyway). So it would be weird to do the same thing as giratina because you're not supposed to know it exists.

Also, who else thinks they won't go with a colour or precious stone for the their game name? If it's not 'Pokemon Rainbow' then it's likely to be something like 'Pokemon Ultimate' or 'Pokemon Extreme'.

BCVM22
21st February 2011, 3:00 AM
I think this is unlikely, since Kyurem doesn't actually appear in black/white (as far as I know anyway).

Kyurem is sitting right out in the open in the Great Chasm, waiting to be caught.

http://serebii.net/blackwhite/kyuremu-ow.png

Golly, there it is now. (http://serebii.net/blackwhite/legendary.shtml)

So it would be weird to do the same thing as giratina because you're not supposed to know it exists.

And there goes that.

then it's likely to be something like 'Pokemon Ultimate' or 'Pokemon Extreme'.

No. No, it is not likely at all that they will title a game either of those.

Felix Thunderheart
21st February 2011, 3:03 AM
I think this is unlikely, since Kyurem doesn't actually appear in black/white (as far as I know anyway). So it would be weird to do the same thing as giratina because you're not supposed to know it exists.

Also, who else thinks they won't go with a colour or precious stone for the their game name? If it's not 'Pokemon Rainbow' then it's likely to be something like 'Pokemon Ultimate' or 'Pokemon Extreme'.

I thinking of Pokemon Sun and Moon Or Light and dark or peanut butter and jelly XD

Blackjack the Titan
21st February 2011, 3:14 AM
I thinking of Pokemon Sun and Moon Or Light and dark or peanut butter and jelly XD

Sun and Moon is an interesting topic for two pokemon to represent.
Light and Dark? Yo, you're in the Black and White forum; it's right in front of you!
Pb & J? Hahahaha! Vaniluxe will not be the only edible pokemon.

Weaver_8
21st February 2011, 3:15 AM
I believe I may have figured out the reason for people think a possible name for the third version is crimson. Besides the fact black, white, and crimson often being paired together for ascetic reasons there is also the fact in most Central African cultures three colors representing different states of power and health. Crimson being the middle of the road... okay it is an extreme stretch but at least there is a vague reason for belief in Crimson version thing. I personal believe the more common Grey version theories though since that is far more common and makes more sense in the long run. Sorry if I agitated anyone with this.

Felix Thunderheart
21st February 2011, 3:23 AM
Sun and Moon is an interesting topic for two pokemon to represent.
Light and Dark? Yo, you're in the Black and White forum; it's right in front of you!
Pb & J? Hahahaha! Vaniluxe will not be the only edible pokemon.

While for a remake Light White and Dark Black. XD But I still thinking they might make like Light Yellow. I still think the next new group of pokemon they going name after colors or stones or gems.

Poor Vaniluxe

Grei
21st February 2011, 3:25 AM

No it's not. "Black" is not interchangeable with "dark," nor is "white" interchangeable with "light," especially not in this context or culture. It's Black and White, as in Yin and Yang, as in two polar opposites that cannot exist without one another. The concept of Light and Dark (good and evil) is not present here.

Disgruntled Goat
21st February 2011, 3:31 AM
Kyurem is sitting right out in the open in the Great Chasm, waiting to be caught.
Ha, OK I stand corrected. After everything I've read about B/W I never saw anything even mention Kyurem as part of the game.

No. No, it is not likely at all that they will title a game either of those.
I didn't mean those specific names, I meant that they will not be related to B/W and will be a more all-encompassing title.

2fast2good
21st February 2011, 5:06 AM
what about pokemon north and pokemon south, negative and positive, right and left and center xD

Tyrannotaur
21st February 2011, 6:44 AM

Solrock and Lunatone are your sun and moon based counterpart pokemon. Though I'd like to see a pokemon that had power over the tides and one that had sun like powers, though again those would be similar to kyogre and groudon. Still, its an idea.

I think a gravity based legendary would be a neat idea too.

-;248;

KuroiMawile
21st February 2011, 6:50 AM
I'd love (the concept of) a gravity pokemon.

Or more crytozoology-based pokemon. mermaid, sky fish, etc.

Felix Thunderheart
21st February 2011, 7:01 AM
Solrock and Lunatone are your sun and moon based counterpart pokemon. Though I'd like to see a pokemon that had power over the tides and one that had sun like powers, though again those would be similar to kyogre and groudon. Still, its an idea.

I think a gravity based legendary would be a neat idea too.

-;248;

Lol Well Solrock can be in pokemon Sun and lunatone be in pokemon moon XD

Poke_Mania97
21st February 2011, 12:00 PM
Pokemon Ash Dies Version and Pokemon Brock marries Nurse Joy Version. then they can have Pokemon Misty Gets over her fear of Bugs and becomes a Bug Type Gym Leader Version.

The Oncoming Storm
21st February 2011, 12:12 PM
I like how a 5th confirmed info thread evolved into a 6th gen speculation thread.

ForeverFlame
21st February 2011, 1:25 PM
I believe I may have figured out the reason for people think a possible name for the third version is crimson. Besides the fact black, white, and crimson often being paired together for ascetic reasons there is also the fact in most Central African cultures three colors representing different states of power and health. Crimson being the middle of the road... okay it is an extreme stretch but at least there is a vague reason for belief in Crimson version thing. I personal believe the more common Grey version theories though since that is far more common and makes more sense in the long run. Sorry if I agitated anyone with this.

I'm just going with Crimson because Pokemon Crimson was copyrighted (Grey is too), and I think Crimson sounds better than Grey lol.

Blackjack the Titan
21st February 2011, 2:23 PM
Does anyone know how to catch Keldeo, Meloetta, and Genesect? I've been looking for youtube vids that show this.

Missingno. Master
21st February 2011, 2:30 PM
Does anyone know how to catch Keldeo, Meloetta, and Genesect? I've been looking for youtube vids that show this.

Can't be done. They'll be distributed by future events.

So, PokeShifter keeps its name. Not exactly a major surprise. What I'd like is confirmation that it changes the names of shifted Pokemon to regular case rather than all caps. I know the Transfer Machine does that, since we saw that screenshot where the event Raikou had its name in regular capitalization, but I'm still worried that this might not be the case with the Pokeshifter. I know it seems crazy that I might genuinely be concerned about this, but I just can't shake this nagging feeling I have about all this.

Blackjack the Titan
21st February 2011, 2:30 PM
I like how a 5th confirmed info thread evolved into a 6th gen speculation thread.

Congradulations, SereiiForums, you're 5th Generation Confirmed Info Thread evovled into a 6th gen Speculation Thread!
6th Gen Speculation Thread would like to learn Go Back In Time So I Can Be A 5th Generation Confirmed Info Thread.
But 6th Gen Speculation Thread already has too many people guessing which game is gonna come out next. Should we delete unnecessary posts to obtain the action Go Back In Time So I Can Be A 5th Generation Confirmed Info Thread?
Yes
Okay, good, let's find things that are related to Black and White from now on.

Porygandrew
21st February 2011, 3:15 PM
I thought Reshiram and Zekrom were the pokemon that created and kept the atmosphere moving and circulating? (their fire & electric types respectively and the region's cloud theme) I thought that was stated somewhere.

PJ has info on design concepts. I don't think there's much in the way in the games about the backstory of the gym leaders, is there?

The Eleventh
21st February 2011, 3:56 PM
Some of those concepts are surprising. I like that some of the Gym Leaders do actually have back-story, although I would have preferred if it were implemented into the game, and not only to be found in interviews. :P

UnovaSwampert
21st February 2011, 4:23 PM
So, I can't decide which starter to choose, so oculd somebody weigh the pros and cons of each one for me? Thanks a bunch.

Blackjack the Titan
21st February 2011, 4:33 PM
So, I can't decide which starter to choose, so oculd somebody weigh the pros and cons of each one for me? Thanks a bunch.

Remember that Water-types have the ability to use ice type moves. For the Sinnoh games, it was a draw, but for the Unova games Oshawott is the strongest out of the three. But also look at the gyms and Elite Four. plan out the route you wanna take so the game goes smoothly for you.
Personally, I would choose Oshawott to defeat the other starters and the final gym.

UnovaSwampert
21st February 2011, 4:38 PM
Remember that Water-types have the ability to use ice type moves. For the Sinnoh games, it was a draw, but for the Unova games Oshawott is the strongest out of the three. But also look at the gyms and Elite Four. plan out the route you wanna take so the game goes smoothly for you.
Personally, I would choose Oshawott to defeat the other starters and the final gym.

After looking at the gyms, Tepig has the easiest time. Snivy has the hardest, and Oshawott the medium.

Angry Ancestor
21st February 2011, 4:44 PM

When it really comes down to it, it's best to just pick whichever one is your favorite. You can beat the story mode with any starter easily. Unless you're a competitive battler, I suggest you just pick your favorite starter.

The Eleventh
21st February 2011, 4:51 PM
I don't see why people care about using strategically good Pokémon for their in-game teams. You'll have no trouble at all getting through the game by only using your favourites in a balanced team.

Dr. Leggs
21st February 2011, 5:42 PM
I thought Reshiram and Zekrom were the pokemon that created and kept the atmosphere moving and circulating? (their fire & electric types respectively and the region's cloud theme) I thought that was stated somewhere.

PJ has info on design concepts. I don't think there's much in the way in the games about the backstory of the gym leaders, is there?

It's said that Reshiram's heat perpetuates the atmosphere's circulation, yes, but it isn't stated anywhere that either of them were responsible for its creation.

R_N
21st February 2011, 5:46 PM
I don't see why people care about using strategically good Pokémon for their in-game teams. You'll have no trouble at all getting through the game by only using your favourites in a balanced team.

And, frankly, it's not like any of these starters are greatly looked upon, competitively.

MidnightMelody
21st February 2011, 5:47 PM
Can I trade my pokemon from Emerald over to Black and White? Like if I play on my old lite can I put emerald in the slot 2 and then do pal park?

Maverik
21st February 2011, 5:48 PM
There is no pal park in Black and White, you have to transfer to DPPtHGSS then transfer to Black and White.

BCVM22
21st February 2011, 5:49 PM
No. There is no direct compatibility between Generations III and V. Generation IV must act as the intermediary.

I would like to point out that as with so many questions, this too could have been answered by checking the main site.

MidnightMelody
21st February 2011, 5:51 PM
No. There is no direct compatibility between Generations III and V. Generation IV must act as the intermediary.

I would like to point out that as with so many questions, this too could have been answered by checking the main site.

I'm sorry. :(

BCVM22
21st February 2011, 5:52 PM
No apologies, "search first in the future" is just a good habit to get into.

http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/pokeshifter.shtml

MetalFlygon08
21st February 2011, 6:30 PM

Depends, Tepig has the widest moveset with the most varied type coverage, but then you would be inbalanced if you want Darumaka, litwick, or Scraggy. Tepig also boasts many powerful attacks, Wild Charge, Flare Blitz, Head Smash, Hammer Arm... And seems to have the appropriate movepool to match it's usage, aka a reckless brawler.

Oshawott has a decent movepool, but has large gaps between learning good offensive moves, and with the lower number of water types this gen, if you want a water pokemon and you do not want Oshawott, you are left with Basculin, Swanna, Jellicent, and Alomomola. Though it should be noted, a water type is not needed since there is no required surf spots to complete the game, and not to many fire types running around.

Snivy, despite being cool, sucks at movepooling, Grass, Normal, and Poison are all the types of moves it will learn via level up. And poor snivy has to compete with a lot of other Grass pokemon with better movesets, or a better stat.

Personally, I'm going for Tepig, I like the wide movepool.

Grei
21st February 2011, 7:56 PM
Depends, Tepig has the widest moveset with the most varied type coverage, but then you would be inbalanced if you want Darumaka, litwick, or Scraggy. Tepig also boasts many powerful attacks, Wild Charge, Flare Blitz, Head Smash, Hammer Arm... And seems to have the appropriate movepool to match it's usage, aka a reckless brawler.

You seem to have forgotten that it's also very slow and its defenses aren't so great, so if it happens to face a Pokemon that is faster than it (and a lot of Pokemon are), it can fall very, very easily of the opponent also has a move that is STAB'd and/or super-effective against Emboar. Emboar's got good HP, but that doesn't discount the fact that it's pretty fragile.

Oshawott has a decent movepool, but has large gaps between learning good offensive moves, and with the lower number of water types this gen, if you want a water pokemon and you do not want Oshawott, you are left with Basculin, Swanna, Jellicent, and Alomomola. Though it should be noted, a water type is not needed since there is no required surf spots to complete the game, and not to many fire types running around.

You forgot Seismitoad.

And Oshawott's line is, offensively, one of the better ones. It can be a mixed attacker with its high attack and special attack, and has the movepool to fill such a role. And a Water-type is also useful anyway, since Water is stronger against more than just Fire.

(As a quick note, no individual starter is more useful than the other two this time around.

Tepig is good when you get to Burgh and Brycen (and Lenora if you can evolve it by then), but those are canceled out by its liability against Skyla, Clay, Grimsley (Scrafty is the only one who doesn't have a move that can kill a Fire/Fighting type), and Caitlin.
Snivy helps against Clay, but isn't any help against Elesa (who knows a few Flying- and Fire-type attacks), Skyla, or Brycen.
Oshawott is good for battling Clay (and Drayden/Iris if you give it an Ice-type move), but not so great against Elesa.)

Snivy, despite being cool, sucks at movepooling, Grass, Normal, and Poison are all the types of moves it will learn via level up. And poor snivy has to compete with a lot of other Grass pokemon with better movesets, or a better stat.

This is true, but Serperior is also more defense-oriented, and so expecting it to be a powerful offensive force isn't quite right. I see a lot of people going about and using Snivy, and they're perfectly happy. While other Grass-types like Lilligant may be better offensively, Snivy is by no means a bad Pokemon. And, as with the Water-type, having a Grass-type is always useful.

That much is evident by your very glaring bias towards Tepig. ^^

Blackjack the Titan
21st February 2011, 8:15 PM
I was disappointed that the final evolutions for the starters wer all repititive. 3 generations in a row has Nintendo made the fire starter also a fighting type. I was hoping Samurott to be and electric/water type mix and Serpirior to be a dragon/grass type mix.

So now I'm gonna have to choose Oshawott. Can it learn Blizzard?

Maverik
21st February 2011, 8:31 PM
Dragon/Grass is overpowered, not really because of type weaknesses but because in general dragons are extremely powerful.

Yes, it can.

MetalFlygon08
21st February 2011, 8:34 PM
Shh Grei we can't reveal the secrets! Gotta trick the haters!

All in all, you could use all 3 or ditch them all.

Blackjack the Titan
21st February 2011, 8:43 PM
Dragon/Grass is overpowered, not really because of type weaknesses but because in general dragons are extremely powerful.

Yes, it can.

You're right. It is kind of a stupid idea to have a Grass/Dragon type. But remember, some Dragon pokemon can use Rock moves, so they can eliminate the Fire, Ice, Flying, and Bug weaknesses, leaving the Dragon weakness.

It would be interesting though. And I can see Lance using Serpirior in a battle, not like it'll help at all.

Grei
21st February 2011, 8:46 PM
I was disappointed that the final evolutions for the starters wer all repititive. 3 generations in a row has Nintendo made the fire starter also a fighting type. I was hoping Samurott to be and electric/water type mix and Serpirior to be a dragon/grass type mix.

So now I'm gonna have to choose Oshawott. Can it learn Blizzard?

I'm not even going to ask what within Oshawott's design ever screamed "I'LL BE AN ELECTRIC TYPE ONE DAY!!" because that... is devoid of logical sense.

All I'll say is that the final evolutions of the Starters are magnificent and are only let-downs if you expected your own predictions for the final forms to come true.

Blackjack the Titan
21st February 2011, 8:55 PM

I just checked the Serebii.net Black and White Pokedex and saw the evidence myself. Tepig, Pignite, and Most importantly, Emboar, do have a wide move range. If you level it up as Tepig with a Power Anklet, it'll eventually be a fast Emboar and will thus be able to use an effective move against Samurott.
So, I agree and have change my Unova choice to Tepig.

Blackjack the Titan
21st February 2011, 9:02 PM
I'm not even going to ask what within Oshawott's design ever screamed "I'LL BE AN ELECTRIC TYPE ONE DAY!!" because that... is devoid of logical sense.

All I'll say is that the final evolutions of the Starters are magnificent and are only let-downs if you expected your own predictions for the final forms to come true.

I was thinking more of a Water/Steel mix 'cuz of the prefix "samur" from a samurai, which would wield a sword. Or Water/Fighting 'cuz of the prefix.

Lots of people look at the basic stage starter and try to predict if the pokemon would be eligible for another type mix. I was surprised to see Turtwig evolve into a Grass/Ground mix because it was just and Piplup become a Water/Steel mix just because it was a penguin. I'm sure many people were expecting a mix in all of the Unova starters.

ForeverFlame
21st February 2011, 9:04 PM
I'm tired of hearing the "THREE GENERATIONS IN A ROW BAWWW" complaints. There are three Fire/Fighting starters in a row because Gamefreak wanted to be nice and give all three starters a type advantage in caves, which there are plenty of in Pokemon games.

Blackjack the Titan
21st February 2011, 9:07 PM
Where's the Speculations Forum? I have plenty.

Porygandrew
21st February 2011, 9:19 PM
Gamefreak wanted to be nice and give all three starters a type advantage in caves, which there are plenty of in Pokemon games.

Because of caves? Really? Fire/Ground would take out rock-types. So could Fire/Ice for ground-types. Heck, since "scald" is essentially boiling water, just tack that onto a fire-type's moveset.
Individual move and design choices are separate from the typing. Power Gem on Espeon?

There was more water than caves for 3rd gen so in the regard of typing based on world locations, then Blaziken should have been fire/electric typing. Fire/Fighting hinders it against the onslaught of Pellipers and tentacruels.

Blackjack the Titan
21st February 2011, 9:28 PM
With the fact that I'm actually not getting either of the two, I'm probably gonna get all three from friends who have then get the guide import Unova appropriate Pokemon from HeartGold holding TMs that can be useful on the three and beat the c*** out of every one with just one starter.
And Yes I know im not the only one planning this.

Blackjack the Titan
21st February 2011, 9:32 PM
And is Nintendo serious? Why would they base a region on the state New York, USA? I mean, I wanted giant towers and such, and I can find those all over Europe (Barcelona, Paris). Which leads me to another question: What place in New York is Opelucid City based on and where are there deserts in New York?

Kreis
21st February 2011, 10:14 PM
And is Nintendo serious? Why would they base a region on the state New York, USA? I mean, I wanted giant towers and such, and I can find those all over Europe (Barcelona, Paris). Which leads me to another question: What place in New York is Opelucid City based on and where are there deserts in New York?

Unova has a New York motif to it. Keyword: motif. It's not strictly based on New York, just a general idea of it.

The Eleventh
21st February 2011, 10:18 PM
Which leads me to another question: What place in New York is Opelucid City based on and where are there deserts in New York?

The Resort Desert is obviously based off Ground Zero.

You do know that the whole region doesn't have to be truthful to New York. The basis of Unova is New York, but that doesn't mean that everything has to be exactly like the city.

You're not telling me you think that the first four regions are actually real in Japan? The outline and some of the ideas for Kanto/Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh were taken from real-life Japan, but the in-game regions aren't completely accurate at all.

Grei
21st February 2011, 10:22 PM

OK, seriously?

Have you ever seen deserts in Japan? Have you ever heard of a Japanese city being built in trees? How about a city built into a volcano? What about a city that is filled with nothing but flowers? Is there a secret underground system underneath Japan? What about a town devoted to dead things? Are there large cycling roads all over Japan? Does Japan have an archipelago that came to be in seven days?

Be a little more observant. New York is a fine place for Unova to be set, there's nothing wrong with it. And the regions always have random ecosystems thrown in for variety and more of an adventure feel, it's been like that since Gen 1.

Blackjack the Titan
21st February 2011, 10:22 PM

You do know that the whole region doesn't have to be truthful to New York. The basis of Unova is New York, but that doesn't mean that everything has to be exactly like the city.

I meant the state.

You're not telling me you think that the first four regions are actually real in Japan? The outline and some of the ideas for Kanto/Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh were taken from real-life Japan, but the in-game regions aren't completely accurate at all.

Oh. Okay. I can see how Hiun City was related to Long Island.

kemal07
21st February 2011, 10:52 PM
Theres some Pokemon of Unova I still don't understand quite yet as in background and appearance and would like to understand them :) such as;

-Audino
-Cottonee and Whimsicott (unless they're not based on sheep but just flower cotton.)
-Basculin
-Cryogonal
-Accelgor (Is it meant to be a Ninja bug opposed to the Knight bug?)
-Golet and Golurk (if they are Mechanical Golems why ground/ghost?)

R_N
21st February 2011, 11:09 PM
Theres some Pokemon of Unova I still don't understand quite yet as in background and appearance and would like to understand them :) such as;

-Audino
-Cottonee and Whimsicott (unless they're not based on sheep but just flower cotton.)
-Basculin
-Cryogonal
-Accelgor (Is it meant to be a Ninja bug opposed to the Knight bug?)
-Golet and Golurk (if they are Mechanical Golems why ground/ghost?)

Cottonee & Whimsicott are based off of plain old cotton. If you look at their back sprites, you can even see the little bud.
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/4/4a/Spr_b_5b_546.pnghttp://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/f/fe/Spr_b_5b_547.png
Whimsicott specially is also based on the Vegetable Lamb (or sheep)
Basculin is likely based off, well, a bass and also maybe betta fish. Its where their differing markings and violent tendencies probably take root
Cryogonal is...literally basically a snowflake. It's made in clouds and everything. I'm not sure what all else you want to know...
Accelgor is, indeed, based on a ninja. The idea is that a snail without the heavy armor would be super quick. And what's known for being quick? Ninjas! Also maybe something about revenge who knows
Golet & Golurk are golems with the motif of super robots. They're still made of dirt (like "real" golems), not steel/metal, so Ghost/Ground.

Audino is, uh, a rabbit nurse basically. Easier to see when seen from behind
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/3/33/Spr_b_5b_531.png
Uh...and it has a sound theme, probably because of rabbits' ears. You'll not Audino's ears look like bells; apparently they're used as stethoscopes, too?

kemal07
21st February 2011, 11:28 PM
Cottonee & Whimsicott are based off of plain old cotton. If you look at their back sprites, you can even see the little bud.
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/4/4a/Spr_b_5b_546.pnghttp://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/f/fe/Spr_b_5b_547.png
Whimsicott specially is also based on the Vegetable Lamb (or sheep)
Basculin is likely based off, well, a bass and also maybe betta fish. Its where their differing markings and violent tendencies probably take root
Cryogonal is...literally basically a snowflake. It's made in clouds and everything. I'm not sure what all else you want to know...
Accelgor is, indeed, based on a ninja. The idea is that a snail without the heavy armor would be super quick. And what's known for being quick? Ninjas! Also maybe something about revenge who knows
Golet & Golurk are golems with the motif of super robots. They're still made of dirt (like "real" golems), not steel/metal, so Ghost/Ground.

Uh...and it has a sound theme, probably because of rabbits' ears. You'll not Audino's ears look like bells; apparently they're used as stethoscopes, too?

Woww, Thanks SnowyArticuno, perfect explanations :)) made me understand them better. Also, I understand Cryogonal is based on a snowflake but is the 'cry' bit in its name refering to it being an actual normally upset Pokemon?

BCVM22
21st February 2011, 11:28 PM
Where's the Speculations Forum? I have plenty.

Somewhere deep, dark and hidden away where no one actually has to read any of it.

At this point, you probably are; Pokémon making the jump from Generation IV titles cannot be holding items.

R_N
21st February 2011, 11:32 PM
Woww, Thanks SnowyArticuno, perfect explanations :)) made me understand them better. Also, I understand Cryogonal is based on a snowflake but is the 'cry' bit in its name refering to it being an actual normally upset Pokemon?

It's not Cry you should be looking at, but cryo[g]
The name is a portamanaeu of hexagonal and cryogenic: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cryogenics

Tyrannotaur
21st February 2011, 11:35 PM
With the fact that I'm actually not getting either of the two, I'm probably gonna get all three from friends who have then get the guide import Unova appropriate Pokemon from HeartGold holding TMs that can be useful on the three and beat the c*** out of every one with just one starter.

1. Don't double post. Bad idea.
2. Any pokemon you transfer by Pokeshifter can't have hold items or HM moves. Other than that I really have no idea what you are talking about. "Not getting either of the two" Two what? Two games?
3. Whats so wrong with New York? I've lived here all my life. Never saw much of a problem with it, taxes and stuff are a bit high but otherwise not so bad. You wanted giant towers? Castelia City has those. As others have said, Unova is inspired by New York City and surrounding burroughs. Its not a direct copy of it. Go play Grand Theft Auto 4 if you want that. the Kanto region in Red and Blue isn't an exact copy of the Kanto region in Japan either. They take the general shape of the area and make it a region then include little details that are inspired by the location. For example the Battle subway was inspired by the actual MTA Subway, the amusement park gym in Nimbasa city is based on Coney Island, etc. They also have to add variations to the terrain, which is why there is a Desert.

-;248;

kemal07
21st February 2011, 11:41 PM
It's not Cry you should be looking at, but cryo[g]
The name is a portamanaeu of hexagonal and cryogenic: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cryogenics

OK thanks a whole bunch I'm clear on all the Unova lot :)

Angry Ancestor
21st February 2011, 11:46 PM
1. Don't double post. Bad idea.
2. Any pokemon you transfer by Pokeshifter can't have hold items or HM moves. Other than that I really have no idea what you are talking about. "Not getting either of the two" Two what? Two games?
3. Whats so wrong with New York? I've lived here all my life. Never saw much of a problem with it, taxes and stuff are a bit high but otherwise not so bad. You wanted giant towers? Castelia City has those. As others have said, Unova is inspired by New York City and surrounding burroughs. Its not a direct copy of it. Go play Grand Theft Auto 4 if you want that. the Kanto region in Red and Blue isn't an exact copy of the Kanto region in Japan either. They take the general shape of the area and make it a region then include little details that are inspired by the location. For example the Battle subway was inspired by the actual MTA Subway, the amusement park gym in Nimbasa city is based on Coney Island, etc. They also have to add variations to the terrain, which is why there is a Desert.

-;248;

Well said. Unova's a great incarnation of NYC. It doesn't even need to be, but t is.

tmega90
22nd February 2011, 12:27 AM
I didn't notice the buds on Cottonee and Whimsicott that is cool. I like how Whimsicott is a sheep. I didn't know that Audinos ears were bells and stethoscopes! That is really cool

Dr. Leggs
22nd February 2011, 12:28 AM
Not to mention Japan doesn't really have any deserts, which by your logic would invalidate Hoenn and Sinnoh being based off of real-world areas (which they most certainly are).

KYUREM
22nd February 2011, 12:59 AM
Im pretty sure Hoenn and Shinnoh are based off of Japanese regions like the rest, right?

Maverik
22nd February 2011, 1:24 AM
Im pretty sure Hoenn and Shinnoh are based off of Japanese regions like the rest, right?

Yes.

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/a/ad/Regions.png

KYUREM
22nd February 2011, 1:35 AM
Ok, i thought so.

BW202
22nd February 2011, 3:13 AM

Lmao

Dude...not cool.

pokegrrrl
22nd February 2011, 8:25 AM
Has anyone played both black and white versions of the new game? Are they different enough to be fun to play both?

I haven't thought any of the previous generation games were different enough to be fun to play both but the difference in Black and White seem bigger... Are they as promising as they appear?

thanks!

R_N
22nd February 2011, 8:38 AM
Has anyone played both black and white versions of the new game? Are they different enough to be fun to play both?

I haven't thought any of the previous generation games were different enough to be fun to play both but the difference in Black and White seem bigger... Are they as promising as they appear?

thanks!

Not really.
There is, I think, one city that looks different. The big area change, Black City/White Forest, is a post-game area for battling/catching respectively.

So that leaves the exclusives (let's ignore post-game exclsuives).
White gets the Lilligant, Reuinculus, and Braviary lines and Zekrom & Tornerous
Black gets Whimsicott, Gothitelle, and Mandibuzz lines and Reshiram & Thunderous

The box legend comes at the tail-end of the game, and you can get either Lilligant/Whimsicott through in-game trade. So that leaves two lines (the birds are late-game, for the record) and a roaming legendary.

The 8th gym leader differs....but only the gender of their Pokemon is affected.

There may be more miscellaneous changes (I know certain encounter rates are inversed in each game, for example), but overall there's really not that many differences.

Not that is stopping me because I have so many team ideas and most USE EVERYTHING EVER

Sabonea_Masukippa
22nd February 2011, 8:41 AM
Have you ever seen deserts in Japan?

Not to mention Japan doesn't really have any deserts

Actually (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tottori_Sand_Dunes), I'm a bit of a smarta ss.

Shine
22nd February 2011, 9:17 AM
So that leaves the exclusives (let's ignore post-game exclsuives).
White gets the Lilligant, Reuinculus, and Braviary lines and Zekrom & Tornerous
Black gets Whimsicott, Gothitelle, and Mandibuzz lines and Reshiram & Thunderous

The box legend comes at the tail-end of the game, and you can get either Lilligant/Whimsicott through in-game trade. So that leaves two lines (the birds are late-game, for the record) and a roaming legendary.

from what I know, Reuniclus line and Gothitelle line will be used by ingame trainers, so they can be obtained via the GTS.

That leave us with only the bird line and the roaming legend.

Cynthia (post game) used Braviary, which puts an advantage to the Black version, as that means the only Unova Pokemon missing is 2 out of 3 Kami Trio members.

While White version has Vullaby line and 2 out of 3 Kami Trio members missing, for a total of 5 Unova Pokemon missing.

hever
22nd February 2011, 9:20 AM
Actually (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tottori_Sand_Dunes), I'm a bit of a smarta ss.

Japan has everything huh?

pokegrrrl
22nd February 2011, 9:22 AM
Is it possible to search through your pokémon boxes based on attacks in black/white?

So many times I know I have a certain thing, like thief, or false swipe, and can't remember who I gave it to!!

hever
22nd February 2011, 9:26 AM
Is it possible to search through your pokémon boxes based on attacks in black/white?

So many times I know I have a certain thing, like thief, or false swipe, and can't remember who I gave it to!!

No. :(

Blackjack the Titan
22nd February 2011, 11:44 AM
How does the Kami Trio affect the game besides the fact that there are only two of three in each game?
Is there a back story to the trio?
Could they be part of something bigger in the third game like how the purpose of the Lake Trio expanded in Platinum?

Sabonea_Masukippa
22nd February 2011, 12:00 PM
Japan has everything huh?

Not everything, but close. :P

How does the Kami Trio affect the game besides the fact that there are only two of three in each game?
Is there a back story to the trio?
Could they be part of something bigger in the third game like how the purpose of the Lake Trio expanded in Platinum?

They don't really affect the main story in anyway, other than making it rain on the route they're on, but sure, that could be expanded on in the 3rd game.

Also, technically only one is obtainable per game, and then to get the 3rd one (Landorus) you need to trade the version exclusive. (I'm sure you meant this, but just in case someone else gets confused).

Ironically (the Alanis Morrisette meaning), only 6 ledgendary Pokemon are available in BW without trading or events, which is only two more than GSC.

Poke_Mania97
22nd February 2011, 12:37 PM
like i said before, i didnt like oshawott, but when i saw samurott, i was like WHAT? he is so cool!

but i do wish it has some kind of attack where it used it sword, like warrior sword

Aurath8
22nd February 2011, 1:37 PM
like i said before, i didnt like oshawott, but when i saw samurott, i was like WHAT? he is so cool!

but i do wish it has some kind of attack where it used it sword, like warrior sword

Does this (http://www.serebii.net/attackdex-bw/shellblade.shtml) count?

Dr. Leggs
22nd February 2011, 4:46 PM

Huh, well look at that! That's actually really interesting... Thanks for filling me in!

Samurott's got plenty of blade-based attacks. Razor Shell, X-Scissor, Air Slash, etc.

Poke_Mania97
22nd February 2011, 4:50 PM
Does this (http://www.serebii.net/attackdex-bw/shellblade.shtml) count?

Samurott's got plenty of blade-based attacks. Razor Shell, X-Scissor, Air Slash, etc.

i mean like a signature move, shell/razor blade isnt a sig move, it is also learnt by shellder.

Aurath8
22nd February 2011, 5:05 PM
i mean like a signature move.

Razor Shell is exclusive to the Oshawott line and the Shellder line. Cloyster only gets it through its pre-evolution Shellder. Starters never get signature moves anyway.

Porygandrew
22nd February 2011, 5:13 PM
Starters never get signature moves anyway.

Grass/Fire/Water Oath?

Frenzy Plant, Blast Burn, Hydro Cannon?

MetalFlygon08
22nd February 2011, 5:14 PM
Blaze Kick, Muddy Water, and Leaf Blade. Albeit only in the 3rd Gen.

Aurath8
22nd February 2011, 5:19 PM
Grass/Fire/Water Oath?

Frenzy Plant, Blast Burn, Hydro Cannon?

I meant exclusive to each individual starter.

Blaze Kick, Muddy Water, and Leaf Blade. Albeit only in the 3rd Gen.
Blame my awful knowledge of the 3rd gen...I swear Hitmonlee also got Blaze Kick in Gen 3. Either way those moves are no longer signature to the starter pokemon.

New statement: Individual starters dont have signature moves in the 5th gen.

Dr. Leggs
22nd February 2011, 6:20 PM
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/thumb/1/1b/Platinum_Caitlin.png/180px-Platinum_Caitlin.pnghttp://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/thumb/0/04/Black_White_Caitlin.png/150px-Black_White_Caitlin.png

Looking at Caitlin from Gen IV and Caitlin from Gen V, the difference in age is much more than I initially had thought (she looks much older in the Gen V artwork). Anybody want to take a gander at how long after Gen II/IV Gen V occurs? I'm thinking upwards of five years, maybe closer to ten... Cynthia doesn't look a whole lot different but she's older anyway, so it's possible.

R_N
22nd February 2011, 6:22 PM
I think the E4 artwork was done by someone else this go around, so it could just be the artist style

OR Caitlin was just really young in Platinum, and age tends to show up more obviously on younger people.

edit: For the record it is at least 5 years

Dr. Leggs
22nd February 2011, 6:35 PM
Was that mentioned in the game?

Angry Ancestor
22nd February 2011, 6:39 PM
I think the E4 artwork was done by someone else this go around, so it could just be the artist style

Yeah, Ohmura did the E4 art, but I still hope Sugimori does his own.

R_N
22nd February 2011, 6:39 PM
Was that mentioned in the game?

HGSS Engrish Rocket guy moved to Unova, got married, and had a kid who is probably ~5 or so.

Chimchar15
22nd February 2011, 6:59 PM
I meant exclusive to each individual starter.

Blame my awful knowledge of the 3rd gen...I swear Hitmonlee also got Blaze Kick in Gen 3. Either way those moves are no longer signature to the starter pokemon.

New statement: Individual starters dont have signature moves in the 5th gen.

http://www.serebii.net/attackdex-bw/heatstamp.shtml Yeah well at leat you got 2 out of 3 right.

LexSuicune
22nd February 2011, 7:56 PM
Do you guys think we'll get more Oaths in the third game?

hever
22nd February 2011, 8:02 PM
^Why would that happen?

Sakrey
22nd February 2011, 8:03 PM
I don't know but It doesn't seem to be going that way.
Mostly because of the starters restriction.

Blackjack the Titan
22nd February 2011, 9:51 PM
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/thumb/1/1b/Platinum_Caitlin.png/180px-Platinum_Caitlin.pnghttp://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/thumb/0/04/Black_White_Caitlin.png/150px-Black_White_Caitlin.png

Looking at Caitlin from Gen IV and Caitlin from Gen V, the difference in age is much more than I initially had thought (she looks much older in the Gen V artwork). Anybody want to take a gander at how long after Gen II/IV Gen V occurs? I'm thinking upwards of five years, maybe closer to ten... Cynthia doesn't look a whole lot different but she's older anyway, so it's possible.

Let's make a guess. Caitlin was going to be assassinated and Darach gave up his life to protect her.
She learned an important lesson and traveled to Unova to train and met Cynthia. Then she got into the Unova League and became the third E4 (if going clockwise.

Dr. Leggs
22nd February 2011, 10:02 PM
Let's make a guess. Caitlin was going to be assassinated and Darach gave up his life to protect her.
She learned an important lesson and traveled to Unova to train and met Cynthia. Then she got into the Unova League and became the third E4 (if going clockwise.

That's a terrible, unevidenced arbitrary 'guess' and would probably never happen in the Pokemon storyline.

We know that her Psychic powers at the Battle Frontier could not easily be controlled but she honed them and traveled to Unova. She references the Battle Castle in Undella Town, and there's not mention of anything happening to Darach.

Blackjack the Titan
22nd February 2011, 10:12 PM
That's a terrible, unevidenced arbitrary 'guess' and would probably never happen in the Pokemon storyline.

We know that her Psychic powers at the Battle Frontier could not easily be controlled but she honed them and traveled to Unova. She references the Battle Castle in Undella Town, and there's not mention of anything happening to Darach.

Better. Darach just inherited the Battle Castle. Uncontrolled powers, huh! No wonder she kept giving me 13 CP every time I won.

Poke_Mania97
22nd February 2011, 10:35 PM
you just proved my point!
Razor Shell is exclusive to the Oshawott line and the Shellder line. Cloyster only gets it through its pre-evolution Shellder. Starters never get signature moves anyway.!

its not exclusive to the oshawott line as shellder gets it too! get your facts right dude...

The Eleventh
23rd February 2011, 1:30 AM
Woah, I never noticed the big age difference between Gen IV and Gen V Caitlin. She looks ten or eleven in the first image, and about sixteen or seventeen in the second. So I'd guess five or six years have passed.

Felix Thunderheart
23rd February 2011, 1:42 AM
I said 10 she looked like 15 then 25.

bushie
23rd February 2011, 1:49 AM
pokemon white might be the most popular zekrom is better than reshiram and tepig is the worst starter ever

Angry Ancestor
23rd February 2011, 1:51 AM
Tepig isn't too bad at all.

Maverik
23rd February 2011, 1:54 AM
pokemon white might be the most popular zekrom is better than reshiram and tepig is the worst starter ever

What does Tepig being a bad starter relate to white being popular?

And why is everyone bashing on Tepig, anyway? Because its final evolution is fire/fighting? It has a good movepool, and it isn't bad at all.

bushie
23rd February 2011, 1:56 AM
how many legends are there in black and white

Angry Ancestor
23rd February 2011, 1:57 AM
In fact, I'm picking Tepig as a starter. I think it's cute and powerful.

EDIT: This kid's all over the place.

Blazios
23rd February 2011, 1:58 AM
how many legends are there in black and white and any wifi legends coming up

You can get the ingame Victini event over Wi-Fi from day 1. And there are 13.

The Oncoming Storm
23rd February 2011, 1:59 AM
Ill say this about caitalin. Look at her in fourth gen wrong and your a pedo. In fifth its legal.

Dr. Leggs
23rd February 2011, 2:34 AM
Ah well. Anyway, Ohmura's art isn't different enough that age difference is indiscernible... So I'll stick with 5+ years for now until we get confirmation.

Roxas013
23rd February 2011, 2:43 AM
i like tepig and ive grown 2 lik pignite but its final evo is just plain ugly

Blackjack the Titan
23rd February 2011, 2:47 AM
Could Marley be from Unova? She's dressed like Gothitelle? Or did Nintendo use Marley as a base for Gothitelle?

hever
23rd February 2011, 2:48 AM
Could Marley be from Unova? She's dressed like Gothitelle? Or did Nintendo use Marley as a base for Gothitelle?

Ahhh interesting. I almost forgot about her. It would be nice to see her again with a Gothitelle.

R_N
23rd February 2011, 3:16 AM

No.
Both the Gothitelle line and Marley are based on the Gothic Lolita style of fashion, thus the similarity

bobandbill
23rd February 2011, 3:51 AM
Guys... let's get off the topic on who should get married and whatnot as that has very little to do with discussing the B/W games info. =|

Felix Thunderheart
23rd February 2011, 4:10 AM
Guys... let's get off the topic on who should get married and whatnot as that has very little to do with discussing the B/W games info. =|

Sorry I just basing my point there no reason that she can or cant for someone because of pokemon. lol

Anyway back to topic. who will the wifi work. Do you walking around town and it auto use me who one wifi When I play and raise my team? Oh I have to go to a room and find out?

hever
23rd February 2011, 4:26 AM
Anyway back to topic. who will the wifi work. Do you walking around town and it auto use me who one wifi When I play and raise my team? Oh I have to go to a room and find out?
I really tried my best to understand that question. The only I got was the latter.

Maverik
23rd February 2011, 4:37 AM
confirmedconfirmedconfirmed that past gen Pokemon will have correct-cased letters when transferred.

http://www.pokemonblackwhite.com/_ui/img/screenshots/en-us/pokeTransfer-3.jpg

It was already pretty much confirmed, but at least we're sure now.

(yeah, it could have been nicknamed but

hever
23rd February 2011, 4:39 AM
confirmedconfirmedconfirmed that past gen Pokemon will have correct-cased letters when transferred.

I think everyone already knew way before the confirmation, but at least we have proof now.

Maverik
23rd February 2011, 4:40 AM
Yeah, I knew.

I'm glad they did this, it looks so clean and polished. One of the many, small things that make the game better.

hever
23rd February 2011, 4:47 AM
And I love how you can see the pokemon's whole body now, during battles.

BW202
23rd February 2011, 6:32 AM
And I love how you can see the pokemon's whole body now, during battles.

Ya, I am so happy they went with this new battle style, it's pretty awesome.

Zhanton
23rd February 2011, 7:06 AM
Yeah, the whole proper capitalisation was discovered quite a while ago...
I must say, though, that the font they used for the Pokemon's names above it's HP bar is really squishy.

Angry Ancestor
23rd February 2011, 7:16 AM

Sweet. That's awesome.

MagnetonNr1
23rd February 2011, 12:18 PM
Alright, the german name for the Battle Subway will be "Kampfmetro" which simply means "Battle Metro" - I think that name is quite good

The Subway Bosses are the "Metromeister" which simply means "Metromaster".

Their german names are "Hin" and "Her" which, combined, means "back and forth", so that's actually a quite nice idea :D I'm fine with that.

The Gear Station's official name is "Weichenstation", which would be "Turnout Station" if I remember correctly.

Here you go with the proof. (http://www.pokemonblackwhite.com/de-de/unova-region/battle-subway/)

Ophie
23rd February 2011, 12:23 PM
Your friend is talking out of his keister. No store will, within the rules, let copies of the game out before the street date. Straight up.

You will, however, notice that I qualified that statement with "within the rules". It is rare and particularly it is rare with titles this big, but stores do on occasion break that street date. They face sanctions from the publisher - in this case, Nintendo, a titan of the industry who could probably put you and your family in a prison somewhere without anyone knowing - but they do it just the same. Don't expect, count on or anticipate it happening, but on those rare occasions, you can try shaking trees a few days in advance and see if anything falls out.

I wonder if it varies between companies--Marvel vs. Capcom 3 was apparently released in a few stores in the New York City area about two or three weeks before they were supposed to come out.

Ill say this about caitalin. Look at her in fourth gen wrong and your a pedo. In fifth its legal.

So...would you say Caitlin is at least 18 years old now?

Ahhh interesting. I almost forgot about her. It would be nice to see her again with a Gothitelle.

The first time I saw Gothitelle, I thought she resembled Marley too...as if they made a Pokémon portrait of her.

Felix Thunderheart
23rd February 2011, 12:24 PM
I really tried my best to understand that question. The only I got was the latter.

I asking how the wifi work. When you have it on, can you play the game like raising your pokemon and beating the story and at the same time, can you see who is on and battle them anywhere in the game. Or do you have to go to the wifi room to find out if they on or not.

Poke_Mania97
23rd February 2011, 12:25 PM
ok im really excited about Random Match Ups, can someone tell me how it works? like do u get to face someone who is at your ability

by ability i mean like say you have a lv10 snivy, lv10 axew lv9 tepig, will you face someone whose got similar levels? cause it wont be fair to have a team like that and face lv80s

Sakrey
23rd February 2011, 12:29 PM
Rules
Pokémon of Level 51 or above are lowered to Level 50 while those under Level 50 will remain their current level

http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/globalbattleunion.shtml

So be careful when you bring low level Pokémon with you ;o
(Well, you really ask for it if you're doing this anyway...)

MagnetonNr1
23rd February 2011, 12:31 PM
http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/globalbattleunion.shtml

So be careful when you bring low level Pokémon with you ;o
(Well, you really ask for it if you're doing this anyway...)

Wait... why is Chatot not allowed?

Sakrey
23rd February 2011, 12:33 PM
I guess it's because of its signature move: 'Chatter'.

GF and Nintendo don't really want any issues because of some kiddo doing wierd vocal things with this attack :P

Poke_Mania97
23rd February 2011, 12:33 PM
O.o ah man!

Missingno. Master
23rd February 2011, 1:37 PM
I guess it's because of its signature move: 'Chatter'.

GF and Nintendo don't really want any issues because of some kiddo doing wierd vocal things with this attack :P

I don't know why they worry, Chatter doesn't work right anyway. No matter what you say into the microphone, it comes out as garbled gibberish. Or did they fix that this time around?

Dr. Leggs
23rd February 2011, 1:56 PM
Nope, it's still distorted. Bugs me, though, as I actually enjoy using Chatot... ._.

UnovaSwampert
23rd February 2011, 2:06 PM
Nope, it's still distorted. Bugs me, though, as I actually enjoy using Chatot... ._.

I have a level 81 Chatot.

So, I read a blog last night, and it said that Unova would have a feeling of a "New World Order". How is this so?

Maverik
23rd February 2011, 4:29 PM
Yeah, the whole proper capitalisation was discovered quite a while ago...

nonono I'm talking about when you transfer previous generation Pokemon that their names are properly capitalised, which is why you see Piplup instead of PIPLUP.

R_N
23rd February 2011, 4:40 PM
nonono I'm talking about when you transfer previous generation Pokemon that their names are properly capitalised, which is why you see Piplup instead of PIPLUP.

We had pictures of Crown Raikou vs Zoroark for a while

Guess whose name was properly capitalized!

Dr. Leggs
23rd February 2011, 4:43 PM
Yep, we've known that unnicknamed Pokemon from Gen IV have their names fixed when they're transferred over.

Maverik
23rd February 2011, 4:47 PM
Yeah, I'm just proving it with another screenshot due to fears that that Crown Raikou could have been nicknamed or that the transfer machine works different from the PokeTransfer.

(I believe it was nikohesus who posted that picture in the forums)

R_N
23rd February 2011, 4:48 PM
Yep, we've known that unnicknamed Pokemon from Gen IV have their names fixed when they're transferred over.

To be fair, there are still some people convinced that the Raikou screen was simply edited to be a showy shot.

Though, those people would probably still think the Piplup shot is another "doctered" shot so ?!

Maverik
23rd February 2011, 4:50 PM
I'm really excited about the pass power- the ability to decrease the cost of items and increase EXP in battles! I almost forgot about that, I can't wait to start playing with the high link.

Missingno. Master
23rd February 2011, 5:02 PM
To be fair, there are still some people convinced that the Raikou screen was simply edited to be a showy shot.

Though, those people would probably still think the Piplup shot is another "doctered" shot so ?!

I'm sure the Poke Transfer does change the names, but there's still that nagging voice in the back of my head saying "Piplup could've been nicknamed before transfer!" or "Maybe that Piplup was bred in that game!" Stupid stuff like that.

Maverik
23rd February 2011, 5:06 PM
That screenshot is from the official website in the Poke Transfer section directly after the Piplup was caught, it could not have been bred in game.

Sakrey
23rd February 2011, 5:12 PM
And so are the early screenshots showing Raikou against Zoroark.
But people still think they have been edited...

Missingno. Master
23rd February 2011, 5:20 PM
And so are the early screenshots showing Raikou against Zoroark.
But people still think they have been edited...

No, the Raikou vs. Zoroark screenshots have convinced me that at least the Transfer Machine does that. Common sense plus the Piplup vs. Patrat screenshot seems to prove that the Poké Transfer does the same thing, but without outright confirmation, I just can't stop these nagging doubts from forming in my mind. It's stupid, I know.

Blackjack the Titan
23rd February 2011, 8:42 PM
I'm concerned about Iris and Drayden right now. Who will be the Gym Leader in Opelucid City? Could the outcome be based on which game of the two is more popular?

MagnetonNr1
23rd February 2011, 8:45 PM
I'm concerned about Iris and Drayden right now. Who will be the Gym Leader in Opelucid City? Could the outcome be based on which game of the two is more popular?

Do you mean in the 3rd game? How about a Double Gym Leader Battle? That sure would be interesting.

Missingno.Fan
23rd February 2011, 8:48 PM
Do you mean in the 3rd game? How about a Double Gym Leader Battle? That sure would be interesting.

That would be awesome. Or maybe there will be a different trainer.

Hejiru
23rd February 2011, 8:48 PM

They had that in RSE.

MagnetonNr1
23rd February 2011, 8:51 PM
They had that in RSE.

Yup - I know. That was quite a cool idea!

Blackjack the Titan
23rd February 2011, 9:16 PM
Maybe a triple battle for Opelucid to emphasize the function of the game.

MagnetonNr1
23rd February 2011, 9:23 PM
Maybe a triple battle for Opelucid to emphasize the function of the game.

Oooh. Now that's one nice idea.
But there's actually 2 problems.
1) Who is the 3rd gym leader?
2) Why not Rotation Battles (well, maybe you can choose then)

R_N
23rd February 2011, 9:31 PM
Yup - I know. That was quite a cool idea!

I've always been baffled as to why they never had another double battle gym leader.

The closest we got were the Emerald gym leader rematches no one did because it relied on the leader initiating the rematch.

tmega90
23rd February 2011, 9:37 PM
I think in the third version you will be able to battle Cilan, Chili and Cress in a triple battle. That would be cool.

R_N
23rd February 2011, 9:41 PM
I think in the third version you will be able to battle Cilan, Chili and Cress in a triple battle. That would be cool.

I hope you mean as a rematch and not as the first gym battle

tmega90
23rd February 2011, 9:48 PM
I hope you mean as a rematch and not as the first gym battle

Yeah I meant as a rematch. It would be too hard and pointless to do it as the first gym battle.

R_N
23rd February 2011, 9:54 PM
Yeah I meant as a rematch. It would be too hard and pointless to do it as the first gym battle.

Yeah that'd be cool, then. Though, it'd mean they would each only have one non-monkey on them.

Maybe an option to battle them as triple or single

Blackjack the Titan
23rd February 2011, 10:17 PM
Oooh. Now that's one nice idea.
But there's actually 2 problems.
1) Who is the 3rd gym leader?
2) Why not Rotation Battles (well, maybe you can choose then)

Burgh is the third gym leader.
I meant maybe there are three gym leaders for the Dragon gym and u have to battle all three at once, creating a triple or rotation battle.

tmega90
23rd February 2011, 10:20 PM
Yeah that'd be cool, then. Though, it'd mean they would each only have one non-monkey on them.

Maybe an option to battle them as triple or single

Yeah, maybe they could each have a member of the Lillipup line?

An option would be cool too.

R_N
23rd February 2011, 10:27 PM
Burgh is the third gym leader.
I meant maybe there are three gym leaders for the Dragon gym and u have to battle all three at once, creating a triple or rotation battle.

He meant, who is the 3rd dragon leader.

CaptainCombusken
23rd February 2011, 10:35 PM
And idea for the three C brothers:
Cilan: Simisage, Maractus
Cress: Simipour, Alomomola
Chili: Simisear, Heatmor
In a triple battle.

All of their secondary Pokemon are Standalones which have one type, the type of the gym leader. Alomomola's ability is good for triples. So is Maractus' DW ability (but I doubt they'd do that to a gym leader's Pokemon).

The third gym leader for the Dragon Gym is a middle aged person who has no gender, you know, as a balance between the two. Or maybe a really boyish girl or a really girly guy. Depending on which you challenge (they appear like the C brothers do) you get a different battle. Iris and you get a Triple (cos Triples are more version exclusive to White), Drayden and you get a Rotation battle (Same reason but opposite) and the third person will give you one battle after the other (so you face iris then Drayden then the new guy without chance to quit or heal your Pokemon).
What do you think?

Blackjack the Titan
23rd February 2011, 11:49 PM
In a triple battle.

Hmm… maybe…

All of their secondary Pokemon are Standalones which have one type, the type of the gym leader. Alomomola's ability is good for triples. So is Maractus' DW ability (but I doubt they'd do that to a gym leader's Pokemon).

Well, that could be featured in the third game. You can have a rematch like in HGSS. The three get rid of the dogs and their monkeys evolved.

The third gym leader for the Dragon Gym is a middle aged person who has no gender, you know, as a balance between the two. Or maybe a really boyish girl or a really girly guy. Depending on which you challenge (they appear like the C brothers do) you get a different battle. Iris and you get a Triple (cos Triples are more version exclusive to White), Drayden and you get a Rotation battle (Same reason but opposite) and the third person will give you one battle after the other (so you face iris then Drayden then the new guy without chance to quit or heal your Pokemon).
What do you think?

Maybe a mysterious person in a cloak with dragon art on it. If White becomes more popular, then Nintendo may want to add more triple battles to it and create a 1-3 (yeah, ik, it's totally unfair) battle. It's the last gym, guys, you're supposed to be prepared for this.

Grei
24th February 2011, 12:46 AM
In a triple battle.

I like this idea, although since it'd be a rematch, they wouldn't be restricted to just Unova Pokemon since you'll likely have the National Dex upon being able to have a rematch with them.

Unless in mid-story you and your rivals were challenged by the three of them in a Triple Battle, which would be pretty cool.

What do you think?

Uh... I don't see that happening. I think it's more likely that either one Gym Leader will just be picked, or you'll have a double battle with the two of them for the final Gym match.

Or, another alternative--you fight one in a Gym match (Drayden, in this case), and then in a later match (either as preparation for the E4 or due to some other reason), you are challenged by the other Gym Leader (probably Iris).

Dragonshock
24th February 2011, 5:03 AM
Question: can you poke transfer using a 3DS and a DS?