PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Black and White General Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

BCVM22
24th February 2011, 4:06 AM
The universal answer to any inquiry involving Black and White, the 3DS and any question of "can/must/will" is that Black and White predated the 3DS in Japan by what will be nearly six months by the time all is said and done.

The specific answer to your question, assuming I'm reading it right, is that the 3DS has complete backwards compatibility with the DS library and is fully capable of acting as a DS when playing a DS title, just as the Wii does when playing GameCube titles and just as the Game Boy Advance did when playing past Game Boy titles.

Dragonshock
24th February 2011, 4:13 AM
So in theory, you should be able to poke transfer from a regular DS to a 3DS.

Given that I managed to trade Pokemon from Emerald to XD using a Wii and a Gamecube makes the above statement seem not that Farfetch'd.

Thanks anyways for clarifying my doubts.

BCVM22
24th February 2011, 4:16 AM
It's not in theory. The 3DS is fully backwards-compatible in all relevant functionality.

cdbat88
24th February 2011, 4:37 AM
also i guess the vincinti is going to be the first pokemon you can get via the wireless so that cool. Im going to get this when i go to gamestop two days after it is release. cant wait

MagnetonNr1
24th February 2011, 12:58 PM
I will never be able to get Victini because I don't have Wi-Fi. It would take me 5 minutes to change to WEP, do that Wi-Fi-Stuff and back to WPA, but no... Oh, lordy.

Aurath8
24th February 2011, 1:19 PM
I will never be able to get Victini because I don't have Wi-Fi. It would take me 5 minutes to change to WEP, do that Wi-Fi-Stuff and back to WPA, but no... Oh, lordy.

Black/White work with WPA as long as you have a DSi/DSiXL. Now go leap in happiness.

MagnetonNr1
24th February 2011, 1:22 PM
Black/White work with WPA as long as you have a DSi/DSiXL. Now go leap in happiness.

Really? Thanks, I never knew that.

Serebii
24th February 2011, 1:26 PM
No, the Raikou vs. Zoroark screenshots have convinced me that at least the Transfer Machine does that. Common sense plus the Piplup vs. Patrat screenshot seems to prove that the Poké Transfer does the same thing, but without outright confirmation, I just can't stop these nagging doubts from forming in my mind. It's stupid, I know.
Sorry but the PokéTransfer keeps the names as it is in the game it sent it from. If you sent a Geodude and it was called GEODUDE, then it'll be called GEODUDE. If you want it to be named in lower case, you'll have to nickname it in the Gen IV games. However, don't do this with Pokémon who evolve as when they evolve, if they aren't nicknamed, they will gain the proper naming scheme for the evolution.

Missingno. Master
24th February 2011, 1:42 PM
Sorry but the PokéTransfer keeps the names as it is in the game it sent it from. If you sent a Geodude and it was called GEODUDE, then it'll be called GEODUDE. If you want it to be named in lower case, you'll have to nickname it in the Gen IV games. However, don't do this with Pokémon who evolve as when they evolve, if they aren't nicknamed, they will gain the proper naming scheme for the evolution.

That's exactly what I was afraid of. Now I gotta start nicknaming stuff.

Poke_Mania97
24th February 2011, 1:57 PM
also i guess the vincinti is going to be the first pokemon you can get via the wireless so that cool. Im going to get this when i go to gamestop two days after it is release. cant wait

yer me too! i love victini! it looks so cool and powerful. ive never liked a baby legendary since gen 2, mew and celebi were awseome, jirachi and shaymin sucked. anyway i cant wait!

BTW! IF U ARE GONNA PREORDER BW AND ARE IN THE UK, GAMESTATION HAVE GOT THEIR PREORDER BONUS!

http://www.gamestation.co.uk/gs/pokemon-white-version-95795?searchTerm=pokemon%20white

MagnetonNr1
24th February 2011, 2:32 PM
I definitely hope that the Black Versions aren't sold out until I get one. I'll go buy one right after school. :)

But I think there will be plenty left, because there are hardly any Pokémon Players around where I live and I also feared the sold-out-thingie with SoulSilver and they had tons of them left, even after months.

Dr. Leggs
24th February 2011, 4:16 PM

Oh? So the Raikou vs. Zoroark shot was doctored?

The Eleventh
24th February 2011, 4:53 PM
Oh? So the Raikou vs. Zoroark shot was doctored?

Yup, and it was obvious it was, too. How would the Poké Transfer know to change a name in capitals to lowercase? You could have nicknamed a Pokémon in full capitals, and want it that way, and the game would change it. It just wouldn't work.

Blazios
24th February 2011, 5:30 PM
Yup, and it was obvious it was, too. How would the Poké Transfer know to change a name in capitals to lowercase? You could have nicknamed a Pokémon in full capitals, and want it that way, and the game would change it. It just wouldn't work.

Isn't there a nickname flag that shows up that could have been programmed to change the name to lower case?

Rowdy
24th February 2011, 5:38 PM
For fans in the US that have reserved either Black or White (or both) at Game Stop, you might want to swing by their the next time your in the area because I learned the other day, while I was stopping in to finish paying off my copies, that Game Stop will be opening two hours earlier of the 6th of March so fans can pick up their copies (that would 9am instead of the usual 11am for Sunday's).

I'm not sure if this is the same for EVERY Game Stop in the US, so you might want to check and confirm this with your local store just to be on the safe side.

Sponge
24th February 2011, 6:14 PM
Isn't there a nickname flag that shows up that could have been programmed to change the name to lower case?

It would have been entirely possible for them to change the names of pokemon on transfer based on whether they were nicknamed (due to a nickname yes/no flag). If a "no" was returned than the game would change all capitals (except the first letter) to lower case however if a "yes" was returned then the name would remain the same on transfer.

It wouldn't have been difficult at all. In fact it's pretty basic stuff.

Maverik
24th February 2011, 6:16 PM
What about Mr. Mime? Mime Jr.?

Sponge
24th February 2011, 6:34 PM
What about Mr. Mime? Mime Jr.?

What about them?

If you're talking about the dots then there are ways around those too.

I'm studying software development in college (it's not video game development but it's a similar idea), there are ways to check if a string (software computing term for a grouping of characters) contains non alphabetic characters and then ignore them.

You'd just do a check of all the characters in the string (e.g Mr. Mime) and only deal with the characters that are alphabetic.

Have a look at this: http://www.sciencelobby.com/ascii-table/images/ascii-table1.gif

Each character has a decimal value assigned to it (also a hex value but we won't get into that). So it would be worked out something like: If the character is between 65 and 90, then change it to lower case. Otherwise just ignore it.

65 through to 90 represent upper case characters.

I hope that makes sense...

edit: As for their being more than one capital letter in Mr. Mime, that could be dealt with too....although I'm not fully certain if it's the best way of doing it. They could, ignoring the very first character....make it so any character that comes after a space becomes a capital too.

MetalFlygon08
24th February 2011, 7:46 PM
Or in a simpler term, anyone whose ever used PokeSAV knows there's a simple flag the games use for Nickname or not.

Dr. Leggs
24th February 2011, 9:25 PM
It really wouldn't have been a terribly difficult thing to implement. Good thing I nickname practically all my Pokemon...

Nibbles4Ever
24th February 2011, 9:28 PM
For fans in the US that have reserved either Black or White (or both) at Game Stop, you might want to swing by their the next time your in the area because I learned the other day, while I was stopping in to finish paying off my copies, that Game Stop will be opening two hours earlier of the 6th of March so fans can pick up their copies (that would 9am instead of the usual 11am for Sunday's).

I'm not sure if this is the same for EVERY Game Stop in the US, so you might want to check and confirm this with your local store just to be on the safe side.

Mine never opens early for pokemon games, except for damond and pearl. It doesn't matter because I most likely work in the morning on the 6th DX

iLoveDratinis
24th February 2011, 9:31 PM
when i went to get HG/SS i think a few gamestops near me opened an hour earlier.

Poke_Mania97
24th February 2011, 9:56 PM
I like the bonus from gamestation. but im probably gonna go with TRU, theres more stuff

Xman96
24th February 2011, 9:56 PM

Well if this is the case then I just won't worry about it for my pokemon in my 4th gen games. I have a lot of pokemon that were traded to me from other people so I can't nickname those. Oh well, it's not a big deal.

DucksGoMooful
24th February 2011, 10:13 PM
(I think this is the right section...anyway...)
Why would the first gym not be a triple battle? They basically set it up for it, then just made you battle one of them? Why?

Lorde
24th February 2011, 10:17 PM
Why would the first gym not be a triple battle? They basically set it up for it, then just made you battle one of them? Why?

Probably because it would have been too difficult to have a triple battle that early in the games. I know that tons of people would have complained about the difficulty, so it seems that Game Freak made a wise choice by not including a triple battle in the first Gym.

DucksGoMooful
24th February 2011, 10:19 PM
Probably because it would have been too difficult to have a triple battle that early in the games. I know that tons of people would have complained about that, so it seems that Game Freak made a wise choice by not including a triple battle in the first Gym.
Hmm...I see your point, but there should have been at least ONE triple battle gym leader, similar to the 7th gym in R/S/E.

Porygandrew
24th February 2011, 11:30 PM
I thought the other point of B/W was that it would be harder than previous generations.

Certainly they could have easily had gym rematches with a triple battle for the first gym and a double battle for the last gym.

Maverik
24th February 2011, 11:32 PM
I thought the other point of B/W was that it would be harder than previous generations.

Where was this said?

If this is a reboot of the franchise, then it is supposed to be marketed towards the newcomers where Unova is their Kanto and they can have an easy experience.

R_N
24th February 2011, 11:35 PM

They never said this, ever.
It was always NEW EXPERIENCE NEW EXPERIENCE NEW EXPERIENCE, with the battle system, the all new Pokemon, and so on. I guess I could see how some people could interpret that and think "HARDEST GEN YET" but they never said that.

(NEW EXPERIENCE)

Certainly they could have easily had gym rematches with a triple battle for the first gym and a double battle for the last gym.
They could.
And probably will in Game 3 because it's an easy feature to withhold and give later.

KuroiMawile
25th February 2011, 12:11 AM
I can see it on the rematch, but and I don't think they would have the very first gym nearly require you to have 3 pokemon caught by then. Even if you should.

locomo
25th February 2011, 12:13 AM
Is every toys r us in USA doing the pre-order bonus?

My toys r us acted confsued when i asked about it... (Well the guy in the game section)

hever
25th February 2011, 12:16 AM

My toys r us acted confsued when i asked about it... (Well the guy in the game section)

Uh-oh (http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Toys_'R'_Us_reveals_American_Black_and_White_pre-order_bonus)

R_N
25th February 2011, 12:28 AM
I can see it on the rematch, but and I don't think they would have the very first gym nearly require you to have 3 pokemon caught by then. Even if you should.

Also the fact that going up against all three monkeys at once (assuming none of the brothers have Lilipup) would just be cruel.

BCVM22
25th February 2011, 12:38 AM

I wouldn't worry. He's not the one shipping the games (and the pre-orders in the same crates, in all likelihood) to the store nor is he the one solely responsible for instituting the pre-order bonus. That he didn't know means very little.

Ophie
25th February 2011, 1:04 AM
I think it's only at participating Toys R Us stores. Well, that's how it was for some of my pre-order bonuses. Also, the one I went to (Burbank, CA), didn't have the wall cling available until a week after Bulbapedia showed it, so they definitely get notified of this at different times too.

Blackjack the Titan
25th February 2011, 1:49 AM
Will there be an Embedded Tower for Dialga and Palkia for the remakes of Ruby and Sapphire? Could Giratina be obtained after obtaining both Temporal and Spatial Pokémon?

R_N
25th February 2011, 1:50 AM
Will there be an Embedded Tower for Dialga and Palkia for the remakes of Ruby and Sapphire? Could Giratina be obtained after obtaining both Temporal and Spatial Pokémon?

Probably not, no.

And that's speculation for another 3 or so years, honestly.

hever
25th February 2011, 1:51 AM
There hasn't been any news about Gen III remakes yet...

Xman96
25th February 2011, 2:33 AM
Yeah, but I think we all know that there will be. However, that is for a different thread.

KYUREM
25th February 2011, 2:45 AM
I wonder how the R/S/E remakes would look on the 3DS.....

hever
25th February 2011, 2:51 AM
^They would likely release it on the DS or DSi in terms of trading with the previous generation.

Xman96
25th February 2011, 2:53 AM
Yeah the DS won't be phased out for quite awhile. Especially because the 3DS costs as much as the Wii did when it first came out.

hever
25th February 2011, 2:54 AM
Mmmhmm. They will most like release a spin-off of Pokemon in the 3DS though to satisfy the owners, and to convince the rest into purchasing one.

BCVM22
25th February 2011, 2:59 AM
^They would likely release it on the DS or DSi in terms of trading with the previous generation.

The 3DS and DS family are more than close enough in terms of architecture that I bet you communication between games for the two platforms could be facilitated if they reeeeeeally wanted to.

Yeah the DS won't be phased out for quite awhile. Especially because the 3DS costs as much as the Wii did when it first came out.

Cost is irrelevant. I don't understand how people don't see this. Ask yourself: what sense does it make on any level for Nintendo to continue supporting defunct hardware in the long-term? The answer is "none".

Mmmhmm. They will most like release a spin-off of Pokemon in the 3DS though to satisfy the owners, and to convince the rest into purchasing one.

To start, yes. But considering time, that we're not due for another core title for what is still a year and a half, there is almost no chance that the core titles don't shift to the 3DS, in part or in full, starting with whatever you believe the next core title will be.

hever
25th February 2011, 3:02 AM
^Total agreement. It's another stepping stone for them, similar to their migrating from GB to DS.

rocky505
25th February 2011, 3:09 AM
The 3DS and DS family are more than close enough in terms of architecture that I bet you communication between games for the two platforms could be facilitated if they reeeeeeally wanted to.
Agreed. I remember how I was able to trade pokemon from Pokemon Silver and Pokemon Red with one of the games in a GBA and the other in a GBC.

Xman96
25th February 2011, 3:10 AM
What about the PS2 though? I am unsure if Sony is still releasing games on it, but I know that a year ago they were. What if Nintendo does something similar. I am not saying to the extreme that Sony has, but maybe the next year or so I could see.

BCVM22
25th February 2011, 3:11 AM
Agreed. I remember how I was able to trade pokemon from Pokemon Silver and Pokemon Red with one of the games in a GBA and the other in a GBC.

And it's not even that - we know the DS and the 3DS can communicate wirelessly, just from a hardware standpoint. Software-wise, I would bet that even with the 3DS being a legitimately separate software platform from the DS family, they could still facilitate moving Pokémon between the two.

What about the PS2 though? I am unsure if Sony is still releasing games on it, but I know that a year ago they were. What if Nintendo does something similar. I am not saying to the extreme that Sony has, but maybe the next year or so I could see.

I never said the DS family is going to be here one minute, gone the next. In the next year, you will still see games for the DS family. But they will start to dwindle, though third-party developers will likely continue to churn out a slow stream of titles for a bit yet. But particularly Nintendo themselves: they certainly isn't going to support defunct hardware with their biggest franchises, are they? Why develop for defunct hardware when you can create a new Mario or a new Zelda or a new Pokémon for new hardware, giving people who haven't already bought one a reason to do so?

rocky505
25th February 2011, 3:13 AM
I am sure that if we can play DS games on the 3DS that we can trade with future 5th gen games on the 3DS.

The Oncoming Storm
25th February 2011, 7:27 AM
Considering the fact that,the three ds will have been out for roughly 1.75 years its,safe to assume 3ds graphic enhancements at least. Also given that pokemon usually makes the jump when it fits best this would work.

Ophie
25th February 2011, 9:37 AM
By the way, only 3rd-party companies are still developing PS2 games. They tend to be somewhat niche, mostly JRPGs, budget games, and multi-console releases.

Poke_Mania97
25th February 2011, 9:57 AM

or you could order online. and for people in the UK,

GAME may have a poster as a bonus, i heard something about it on the tv ad.
and 3DS has gone down to Ł197 in Gamestation

Xman96
25th February 2011, 1:25 PM
By the way, only 3rd-party companies are still developing PS2 games. They tend to be somewhat niche, mostly JRPGs, budget games, and multi-console releases.

Oh, I didn't know that. Thank you for setting me straight. Well, it soen't really matter to me if the next games are on the 3DS or not, I am getting it no matter what.

travisjb90
26th February 2011, 11:14 AM
I really like the new items, and there names! The items sound like really cool items to use.

Blazios
26th February 2011, 11:19 AM
Wait, the God Stone was removed? So why was it there in the first place?

Will-powered Spriter
26th February 2011, 12:06 PM
Most of the new item names are fine, some seem a little awkward, like ring target, absorb bulb and relic bronze.

But Cell Battery. What. Why. How? Who would do such a thing to my poor beaten down language. If I was to show that to my physics teacher she would explode, or possibly turn into an energy being of pure rage.

(Battery is the plural form of Cell)

MagnetonNr1
26th February 2011, 12:16 PM
I think the new item names are okay, but I don't actually care about them, because I need the german ones...

Casteliacone sounds funny. :p

The Eleventh
26th February 2011, 12:51 PM
Most of the new item names are fine, but Relic Bronze, Relic Silver, and Relic Gold sound weird. I love Casteliacone, though. :p

Maxim
26th February 2011, 4:26 PM
Don't mind most names. But some bother me, like RSVP. It stands out because it doesn't have the word "Mail" in it. Also, it doesn't really give you an idea what the item is. I had to think for a while to realize that it's some anagram used in official letters. Wouldn't "Invite Mail" be better? It's a minor thing, so I guess I'm just whining over nothing but it would be really better if they put it in line with other mails.

I like "Eviolite". Really creative. Though, maybe "Evolite" would make more sense.

Also, is it ItemFinder or Dowsing MCHN this time?

So, moves will be next, now we can be sure. There are also some characters left (like Mr. Lenora, remaining Sages, main characters in Battle Subway, Shouro, Gaido [Gym guide]) but I don't think that those will be revealed before release.

Ah, there's also a bunch of new Abilities. But I really don't care about them at all.

LexSuicune
26th February 2011, 5:43 PM
The names are just fine, items and city names are of no real concern to me, I'm getting used to the english Pokemon names and that's all that matters to me nyways.

Tyrannotaur
26th February 2011, 6:07 PM
I like "Eviolite". Really creative. Though, maybe "Evolite" would make more sense.
I think they are intending for it to sound/look like Meteorite and not so much Evo Lite. That's just how I see it at least.

The names are just fine, items and city names are of no real concern to me, I'm getting used to the english Pokemon names and that's all that matters to me nyways.
I agree. In 2 weeks tops no one will care about any of this. This is just "Discussion for the sake of discussion". Also I'm pretty sure in a few months time no one will be saying stuff like "Wargle's English name is awful, I'm nicknaming all of mine Wargle cause I hate the English name."

-;248;

Dr. Leggs
26th February 2011, 6:21 PM

For the same reason that Cold Flare and Freeze Bolt were.

The Eleventh
26th February 2011, 6:24 PM
Gaido should be "Guido". ;D

Maxim
26th February 2011, 6:44 PM

What do you mean by "removed"?

It's not on the list because it's a cheat-only item for now, so Joe wasn't told its name, most likely.

MagnetonNr1
26th February 2011, 7:13 PM
Gaido should be "Guido". ;D

Erm... sorry. Who is Gaido? ...

Dragoniteftw
26th February 2011, 7:51 PM
wow, just pre-ordered white...
wasn't even looking forward to black/white until yesterday when I noticed the release date was so close

aggronFTW
26th February 2011, 8:22 PM
Also I'm pretty sure in a few months time no one will be saying stuff like "Wargle's English name is awful, I'm nicknaming all of mine Wargle cause I hate the English name."

-;248;

Huh? How could anyone hate braviary? It's such a clever name, definitely my favourite one too.

Although rufflet would have been a better name for lillipup if you ask me.

MagnetonNr1
26th February 2011, 8:37 PM
Huh? How could anyone hate braviary? It's such a clever name, definitely my favourite one too.

The german name is kinda strange... Washakwil... Braviary sounds really cool, though!

kemal07
26th February 2011, 10:48 PM
Yeah Braviary is actually one of the best names.

Mewtwo_soul
26th February 2011, 10:52 PM
I think this gen has some of the worst English names personally. There are some decent ones but many are overshadowed.

Edit: Has most of the worst English names. Past gens I never noticed anything really "wrong" about the names. Whether they were clever or not.

CaptainBrain
26th February 2011, 11:20 PM
I prefer the English names this generation over last generation. I still cringe every time I think of Lickylicky. Just no.

I like this Pokemon (and the names) better this generation.

Dragoniteftw
26th February 2011, 11:27 PM
^ I argee lickylicky.. what were they thinking...

I really hate the name 'tepig' sounds like internet speak 'TEH pig'

R_N
26th February 2011, 11:29 PM
^ I argee lickylicky.. what were they thinking...

They were thinking of keeping true to the Japanese name and still making a link to Lickitung

Missingno. Master
26th February 2011, 11:40 PM
ENGLISH ABILITY NAMES!!!1! (http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/989552-pokemon-black-version/58267359)

Timid is Defeatist
Broken Armor is Weak Armor
Telepathy stays the same
Miracle Skin is Wonder Skin
Slip Through is Infiltrator
Teasing Heart is Prankster
Iron Thorns is Iron Barbs

Valoo.
26th February 2011, 11:41 PM
This was the first time I heard the Japanese names before the English ones, so I find some of them harder to adapt too. Throh is just awful! Who came up with it?

Those ability names are cool, espescially Infiltrator.

Blazios
26th February 2011, 11:48 PM
What do you mean by "removed"?

It's not on the list because it's a cheat-only item for now, so Joe wasn't told its name, most likely.

""Removed from English versions of Black & White"" (http://www.serebii.net/itemdex/godstone.shtml)

Lorde
26th February 2011, 11:52 PM
Timid is Defeatist
Telepathy stays the same

Those are some cool English ability names right there. I personally liked the name Timid, but I can see why it was changed to something else (we already have a nature by the same name). Broken armor is practically weakened armor, so the English name conveys the same meaning. Miracle and wonder practically mean the same thing, so everything is cool there. I think Infiltrator may be my favorite English ability name, ever. It just sounds so awesome. I personally would've preferred Troll for Teasing Heart's English name, but Prankster is cool as well. Iron Barbs sounds decent enough too, and I like the new English ability names overall.

Blueysicle
26th February 2011, 11:55 PM
This was the first time I heard the Japanese names before the English ones, so I find some of them harder to adapt too. Throh is just awful! Who came up with it?

Hey. Wanna know what word "Nageki" comes from in Japanese? Throw.

You'll find that the good majority of the Japanese names are no less stupid than the English ones. People tend to think that they're better because they don't speak Japanese and therefore don't know what the names mean.

And it's just as you said. People heard the Japanese names before the English ones and knew the Pokemon by the former for several months. In other words, they got too used to them.

I'd probably take these complaints about the English names more seriously if not for the fact that this happens every single generation. I remember in the 4th Generation everyone was up in arms about the grass starter's English name, and how "Turtwig" was so ugly and that it would always be Naetoru to them. Almost no one followed through with that.

R_N
26th February 2011, 11:57 PM
Of course, I maintain that Throh should have been called Rawk, perhaps even Rawkem
ACCURACY OF NAMING SCHEME BE DAMNED

Dr. Leggs
26th February 2011, 11:59 PM
Missingno.Master, is there a source for those names?

Edit: Shucks, didn't see that. Awesome! Loving Prankster, Infiltrator and Weak Armor.

R_N
27th February 2011, 12:01 AM

I'm guessing from the people that managed to get a leaked copy of BW

Blueysicle
27th February 2011, 12:01 AM
Of course, I maintain that Throh should have been called Rawk, perhaps even Rawkem
ACCURACY OF NAMING SCHEME BE DAMNED

Well in that case they should've just added an "em" to Sawk. RAWKEM SAWKEM. (God, I remember those things)

Tyrannotaur
27th February 2011, 12:02 AM
I think this gen has some of the worst English names personally. There are some decent ones but many are overshadowed.

Edit: Has most of the worst English names. Past gens I never noticed anything really "wrong" about the names. Whether they were clever or not.

That's because these are new. The past generations have had time to settle in thats why you don't see anything "wrong" with them.

I really hate the name 'tepig' sounds like internet speak 'TEH pig'

THEY CALL ME... MISTER...PIG!!!!
a cookie for you if you get the reference without looking it up.

ENGLISH ABILITY NAMES!!!1! (http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/989552-pokemon-black-version/58267359)

Timid is Defeatist
Telepathy stays the same

Oh wow. Hopefully these are real. I don't trust game FAQS all that much. But I am ok with all of them if they are real. I wouldn't be surprised if someone got an early copy. I heard some stores where selling them early.

-;248;

Missingno. Master
27th February 2011, 12:03 AM

I gave the link to where they were posted. Posted on GameFaqs, but by a moderator, as opposed to some random troll. Given that a number of stores are selling the games early, it does kind of give even more credibility to them.

R_N
27th February 2011, 12:03 AM
Well in that case they should've just added an "em" to Sawk. RAWKEM SAWKEM. (God, I remember those things)

Yesss someone gets it

Rawkem Sawkem robots are why I have no issues with Sawk as a name

Mario with Lasers
27th February 2011, 12:05 AM
Ok guys help me have they even mentioned the DW starters yet? I know this may sound silly but they surely won't make Croagunk event-only this time around (as last time it was because he's a popular anime character in Japan or something), so I *wonder* if there's a measly chance the starters won't be distributed by a code/Mystery Gift...

Blueysicle
27th February 2011, 12:06 AM
Timid is Defeatist
Telepathy stays the same

Pretty obvious that Timid was gonna change. And I believe we already knew about Telepathy. They seem pretty fitting enough, so if they're real, I have no complaints.

Ok guys help me have they even mentioned the DW starters yet? I know this may sound silly but they surely won't make Croagunk event-only this time around (as last time it was because he's a popular anime character in Japan or something), so I *wonder* if there's a measly chance the starters won't be distributed by a code/Mystery Gift...

You're referring to the starters that were given out via code shortly after the Japanese release, correct? I've heard nothing about any international equivalent. Seeing as how the Dream World won't be available to international players for a few months, we still have plenty of time before we can get worried about it.

R_N
27th February 2011, 12:07 AM
They haven't even mentioned the Eeveeloutions, so...
They really just might be waiting until its closer to the DW's release to announce any fun events.

It will be interesting if we wind up with different DW Pokemon in our areas, though.

Xman96
27th February 2011, 12:14 AM
THEY CALL ME... MISTER...PIG!!!!
a cookie for you if you get the reference without looking it up.

-;248;

It's from Lion King. I just watched that today.

ManhattanTheStarr
27th February 2011, 12:17 AM

Timid is Defeatist
Telepathy stays the same

My personal favorite. :3
But Infiltrator is kinda... wordy, if you know what I mean. Heck, what does Infiltrator mean, anyways? D:

Xman96
27th February 2011, 12:20 AM
Someone who infiltrates something. Kind of like a spy.

R_N
27th February 2011, 12:21 AM
My personal favorite. :3
But Infiltrator is kinda... wordy, if you know what I mean. Heck, what does Infiltrator mean, anyways? D:

It means exactly what it sounds like. Someone who sneaks (infiltrates) into a guarded place.

Sabonea_Masukippa
27th February 2011, 12:21 AM
^It means someone who inflitrates. I.e. 'to pass a small number of (soldiers, spies, or the like) into a territory or organization clandestinely and with hostile or subversive intent.' (dictionary.com)

Tyrannotaur
27th February 2011, 12:23 AM
It's from Lion King. I just watched that today.

Cookie for you. Congratulations good sir/madam!!

I kind of figure that Archeops' ability wouldn't stay Timid in the English release. Doesn't make sense for it to be the same name as a nature.

-;248;

The Oncoming Storm
27th February 2011, 12:24 AM
Babe has a incredibly similar line.

ManhattanTheStarr
27th February 2011, 12:26 AM
Someone who infiltrates something. Kind of like a spy.

It means exactly what it sounds like. Someone who sneaks (infiltrates) into a guarded place.

^It means someone who inflitrates. I.e. 'to pass a small number of (soldiers, spies, or the like) into a territory or organization clandestinely and with hostile or subversive intent.' (dictionary.com)

Oooh, thanks. :P
I've heard the word tons of times, but never got an actual definition of it.

myriada
27th February 2011, 1:20 AM
Erm... sorry. Who is Gaido? ...The guy who stands around Unova's gyms and gives you Water.

Maverik
27th February 2011, 1:49 AM
Gaido probably will be Guido anyway.
He guides you, and his name sounds like Guido.
There's no argument. ;)

Blackjack the Titan
27th February 2011, 2:16 AM
What does Infiltrate do anyway? I'm thinking allows Pokémon to attack through Protect or Detect just like Shadow Force.

Mario with Lasers
27th February 2011, 2:18 AM
Seeing as how the Dream World won't be available to international players for a few months

MONTHS

Ugh. So that's why. Thanks, guys.

It will be interesting if we wind up with different DW Pokemon in our areas, though.

Yeah, like Shadow Tag Litw-- ohwait

Blackjack the Titan
27th February 2011, 2:18 AM
Gaido probably will be Guido anyway.
He guides you, and his name sounds like Guido.
There's no argument. ;)

Loox like the Italian way to say "guy".

Missingno. Master
27th February 2011, 2:30 AM
Yeah, like Shadow Tag Litw-- ohwait

Now, now, Unovian Pokemon with Dream World abilities aren't out of the question entirely. As the ingame Musharna and Darmanitan prove, these abilities seem to be more for special occasions, as opposed to Dream World-exclusive. There's nothing stopping them from making the next event an egg that hatches into a Shadow Tag Litwick, or a Jitter Cubchoo, or a Weak Armor Vanillite.

Chairman
27th February 2011, 2:44 AM
Going back a couple pages, some of the english names are pretty bad, like Krookodile or something. But I guess it's what your used to. I never heard the d/p japanese names ever, so there fine for me...

Grei
27th February 2011, 6:41 AM
Now, now, Unovian Pokemon with Dream World abilities aren't out of the question entirely. As the ingame Musharna and Darmanitan prove, these abilities seem to be more for special occasions, as opposed to Dream World-exclusive. There's nothing stopping them from making the next event an egg that hatches into a Shadow Tag Litwick, or a Jitter Cubchoo, or a Weak Armor Vanillite.

Or Perversity Snivy.

I don't want to use any Snivy with Overgrow. It needs Perversity.

hever
27th February 2011, 6:44 AM
Loox like the Italian way to say "guy".

It's actually a romanization of 'guide.' ガイド.

Cobalt_Latios
27th February 2011, 6:47 AM
Or Perversity Snivy.

I don't want to use any Snivy with Overgrow. It needs Perversity.
I'm not 100% sure how it's supposed to work. Care to enlighten me?

I mean, I know what it does, I just don't quite understand the context:

Perversity: Moves used on the Pokemon that raise stats lower the stats, while the moves that lower stats raise stats

edit: I'm sure it's gotta be pretty obvious, but I tend to be oblivious to these things at times.

/CL

Grei
27th February 2011, 6:51 AM

edit: I'm sure it's gotta be pretty obvious, but I tend to be oblivious to these things at times.

/CL

You're asking how Perversity works?

Snivy would use Leaf Storm and experience a 2-stage SP. ATK increase instead of a 2-stage SP. ATK decrease. If Snivy came in on a Gyarados who had the ability Intimidate, Snivy's attack would rise instead of fall. It reverses all changes made to the user's stats.

Kreis
27th February 2011, 6:51 AM

/CL

Think of it this say, if a Jaroda had Leaf Storm while having the ability Perversity, it would be amazing. Instead of its Sp. Attack being lowered due to Leaf Storm's drawback, it would be raised. So 140x1.5 stab=210 damage. And with Perversity, Jaroda's attack damage will be even greater.

Cobalt_Latios
27th February 2011, 7:04 AM
You're asking how Perversity works?

Snivy would use Leaf Storm and experience a 2-stage SP. ATK increase instead of a 2-stage SP. ATK decrease. If Snivy came in on a Gyarados who had the ability Intimidate, Snivy's attack would rise instead of fall. It reverses all changes made to the user's stats.
My god, that's hilariously awesome! Although, it does sort of make teaching stat increasing moves rather pointless...

*Takes a quick look at the Pokedex*

Oh, nevermind. It hardly learns any besides Growth, and even then...

Hmm....

/CL

R_N
27th February 2011, 7:06 AM
My god, that's hilariously awesome! Although, it does sort of make teaching stat increasing moves rather pointless...

*Takes a quick look at the Pokedex*

Oh, nevermind. It hardly learns any besides Growth, and even then...

Hmm....

/CL

Coil (+1 Attack, Defense, Accuracy) & Calm Mind, too.

The real downside is the lack of anything to abuse its new +2 Special Attack with. It's Hidden Power, Twister and like one other move I forgot.

Sabonea_Masukippa
27th February 2011, 7:19 AM
Non-grass special moves also include Round and Hyper Beam...

Would trying to abuse it in a double/triple battle work? Having a team mate hit it with ... random sharply attack lowering move and then going to town with its wider special move pool? Or is that my brain creating fantasy?

R_N
27th February 2011, 7:33 AM
Non-grass special moves also include Round and Hyper Beam...

Would trying to abuse it in a double/triple battle work? Having a team mate hit it with ... random sharply attack lowering move and then going to town with its wider special move pool? Or is that my brain creating fantasy?

"Wider special move pool"? Didn't we just determine the special move pool wasn't that amazing?
The Physical move pool isn't much better, really (and it has Swords Dance for a less convoluted way of raising stats)

Sabonea_Masukippa
27th February 2011, 8:39 AM
True. Please ignore my brain fart. :P

Electric
27th February 2011, 3:20 PM
Something I don't like is how all Pokemon's names are now have lowercase, but I guess I'm going to have to get used to it. Why did they change it?

Maverik
27th February 2011, 3:44 PM
Something I don't like is how all Pokemon's names are now have lowercase, but I guess I'm going to have to get used to it. Why did they change it?

Why don't you like it in the first place? It looks much neater and smoother, and doesn't look awkward compared to trainer and attack names.

ForeverFlame
27th February 2011, 3:46 PM

Because CAPS LOCK is hideous, and they should've done this a decade ago.

Grei
27th February 2011, 3:56 PM

This is, like, the first time I've seen anyone prefer

PIKACHU

to

Pikachu

.... having them resemble names looks better, I think. Though I didn't really dislike the ALL CAPS from before.

Angry Ancestor
27th February 2011, 4:01 PM
Perversity sounds amazing. Serperior would be a beast with that ability.

Also, I love the new lowercase names. Much neater than back in the day where nearly everything was caps.

Dr. Leggs
27th February 2011, 4:04 PM

Because they were tired of TRAINER SO-AND-SO'S PIKACHU used THUNDERBOLT!

It just didn't make sense. Flows much better now.

Blackjack the Titan
27th February 2011, 4:09 PM
Is there any kind of food to aid a Pokemon in a PokéMusical (poffin, pokéblock)?

Electric
27th February 2011, 4:15 PM
Well that's how it's always been.

CHIMCHAR used Taunt! <--- It looks bad when you type it on a message boards, but completely normal (to me) ingame, because that's how it's been since the start. I never even noticed the all caps. This is also pretty biased because I don't nickname my Pokemon.

Dr. Leggs
27th February 2011, 4:17 PM
Well that's how it's always been.

CHIMCHAR used Taunt! <--- It looks bad when you type it on a message boards, but completely normal (to me) ingame, because that's how it's been since the start. I never even noticed the all caps. This is also pretty biased because I don't nickname my Pokemon.

Ahh. Well, I've always noticed and hated it in-game because it's awkward and doesn't make sense for bits of the sentence to be in all-caps. They changed trainer names and attack names to lowercase last generation, only makes sense to round it off with Pokemon names this time.

ManhattanTheStarr
27th February 2011, 4:23 PM
I find the decapped names kinda weird. It's like... I like it and all, but I've been nicknaming my Pokemon since I've started, and I'm used to seeing a name in all caps and a name without all caps whenever I'm battling. Now it'll be, for example, Hammy (my nickname for Tepig) vs. Tepig. I'm just used to it being Hammy against TEPIG instead. But I'll undoubtedly get used to it once I play Black, so it doesn't matter. :P

luxrayshock
28th February 2011, 1:35 AM
Does every ingame character you can battle against get fooled by zoroark's illusion (not so much fooled but programed to neglect it is really zoroark)? I was watching some battles against gym leaders and they all attack thinking it is the illusioned poke.

Blackjack the Titan
28th February 2011, 9:11 AM
Hehe… Jellicent (male) looks like the Pringle's face.

Rakurai
28th February 2011, 10:05 AM
Is there any kind of food to aid a Pokemon in a PokéMusical (poffin, pokéblock)?

Nope.

It's all about the accessories and appeal timing.

Blackjack the Titan
28th February 2011, 10:54 AM
Nope.

It's all about the accessories and appeal timing.

so are there berries of some sort
not just for status conditions but other things like type-weakness prevention, friendship, and stat raising?

Sabonea_Masukippa
28th February 2011, 10:57 AM
Berries are available, but mainly through the Dream World (I think you get given some in-game by trainers and stuff too), but you can't grow them in-game.

AwesomeTree
28th February 2011, 11:08 AM
Does every ingame character you can battle against get fooled by zoroark's illusion (not so much fooled but programed to neglect it is really zoroark)? I was watching some battles against gym leaders and they all attack thinking it is the illusioned poke.It's quite the contrary when it comes to the Battle Subway. They attack seeing through the Illusion and annihilate poor Zoroark with every fighting type move available, even if I'm Illusioned as a Pokemon that fighting moves aren't very effective for the Illusion.

Missingno. Master
28th February 2011, 3:15 PM
It's quite the contrary when it comes to the Battle Subway. They attack seeing through the Illusion and annihilate poor Zoroark with every fighting type move available, even if I'm Illusioned as a Pokemon that fighting moves aren't very effective for the Illusion.

So even if Zoroark is impersonating a Gengar, they'll go ahead and Cross Chop/Brick Break/DynamicPunch it anyway?

Sakrey
28th February 2011, 8:29 PM
I just wanted to say that most of the french localization has been revealed today. Pokémon names, Cities/areas, Gym leaders, Elite4+Champion and CTs.
I'm really happy with most of them. TPCi did quite a good job even if some names etymology are still a complete mystery to me...

That's all. Going back to english/international aspects :P

luxrayshock
28th February 2011, 8:59 PM
It's quite the contrary when it comes to the Battle Subway. They attack seeing through the Illusion and annihilate poor Zoroark with every fighting type move available, even if I'm Illusioned as a Pokemon that fighting moves aren't very effective for the Illusion.

That sucks. I was hoping that illusion would only been seen through something like 50% of the time in the whole game (including battle subway). I know I wouldn't like it if trainers were always seeing through illusion but it takes away from battling if they never do (besides battle subway).

Shneak
28th February 2011, 9:51 PM
I'm kind of shocked the game hasn't been leaked yet. We're missing a lot of attack/ability names. Maybe the game won't break street date. There's still time left, I suppose.

luxrayshock
28th February 2011, 9:57 PM
I'm kind of shocked the game hasn't been leaked yet. We're missing a lot of attack/ability names. Maybe the game won't break street date. There's still time left, I suppose.

I felt that I'd seen almost everything before the japanese B/W leaked, which made me think the english version would be "all known" like a month in advance.

ForeverFlame
28th February 2011, 10:03 PM
Quite a few people have the game already; they're just being dicks about it by posting pictures and refusing to give away info.

Pucca_ness
28th February 2011, 10:05 PM
^There's a shop in Glasgow that releases things a few days or a day before official release so it WILL break the street date.

But shhhhhhhhh...

I'm not too bothered all the ability/attack names aren't released. I'll find out when i get the game!!!!!

Also i am glad the names are getting lower caps. It's annoying with full cap names, makes no sense.

Tyrannotaur
28th February 2011, 10:18 PM
I felt that I'd seen almost everything before the japanese B/W leaked, which made me think the english version would be "all known" like a month in advance.

Quite a few people have the game already; they're just being dicks about it by posting pictures and refusing to give away info.

A wholesale chain here in Northeast USA broke the street date in some stores. I won't say which as I don't know if I should, but I've seen a few people posting pictures of the game case with receipts. My Guess is they are too into the game to report on it or they just don't realize that they should. I'd go see if the store near me has it but I already paid off both games at Gamestop. I can also wait 6 days. Anyway I'm sure Serebii will reveal some more info soon and if not we will know everything by Friday. Probably Thursday honestly.
-;248;

luxrayshock
28th February 2011, 10:27 PM
A wholesale chain here in Northeast USA broke the street date in some stores. I won't say which as I don't know if I should, but I've seen a few people posting pictures of the game case with receipts. My Guess is they are too into the game to report on it or they just don't realize that they should. I'd go see if the store near me has it but I already paid off both games at Gamestop. I can also wait 6 days. Anyway I'm sure Serebii will reveal some more info soon and if not we will know everything by Friday. Probably Thursday honestly.
-;248;

By wholesale your talking like Walmart, Target, Toys "R" Us, etc? If I had a copy as of now I would just be playing, keeping to myself considering that I'm not supposed to have the game yet anyway haha

starterlover1
28th February 2011, 10:28 PM
Lol, people who get the games early have no obligation to anyone else. If they want to enjoy their games, then they can do as they please.

There isn't really much left to confirm either - we have most of the names, we've seen the pokemon and their stats, we know the new moves and the abilities...the big reveal comes with the Japanese release. Everything else is somewhat unimportant.

Tyrannotaur
28th February 2011, 10:33 PM
By wholesale your talking like Walmart, Target, Toys "R" Us, etc? If I had a copy as of now I would just be playing, keeping to myself considering that I'm not supposed to have the game yet anyway haha

Wholesale is a store that sells items in bulk for cheap. Costco, Price Club, BJ's.

-;248;

luxrayshock
28th February 2011, 10:40 PM
Wholesale is a store that sells items in bulk for cheap. Costco, Price Club, BJ's.

-;248;

Alright, thanks.

On another note, we still have no date as to when the dream world will be up and running for Canada/USA?

Xman96
1st March 2011, 12:39 AM
Alright, thanks.

On another note, we still have no date as to when the dream world will be up and running for Canada/USA?

Nope. Aat least, I haven't heard anything about it.

EDIT: 100th post!

Missingno. Master
1st March 2011, 1:07 AM

Someone on Bulbagarden Forums does have a copy of Black version, and just isn't that far into the game yet. He does, however, confirm that Little By Little is now called Chip Away.

bushie
1st March 2011, 1:28 AM
seeing that everyone getting white maybe i should get black so we could trade with each other and complete our pokedex

smashbro77
1st March 2011, 1:31 AM
seeing that everyone getting white maybe i should get black so we could trade with each other and complete our pokedex

yeah thats why i got black, cuz my friends all wanted white

bushie
1st March 2011, 9:40 PM
from what i've seen i am not to excited about the wifi events besides obtaining victini.

Will-powered Spriter
1st March 2011, 9:43 PM
I've seen this on smogon, a few new attack and ability names:

OK, some people have copies right now. So far we've learned some new attack and ability names.

Teasing Heart: Prankster
Slip Through: Infiltrate
Iron Thorns: Iron Barbs
Weak-Kneed: Defeatist
Broken Armor: Weak Armor
Miracle Skin: Wonder Skin

Little By Little: Chip Away
Ankle Sweep: Low Sweep
Knock Down: Smack Down

EDIT: WE HAVE BADGE NAMES! WE HAVE BADGE NAMES! HOLY ****, WE HAVE BADGE NAMES!

Trio Badge
Basic Badge
Insect Badge
Bolt Badge
Quake Badge
Jet Badge
Freeze Badge
Legend Badge

As you can see, only three badges actually got name changes. The Tri Badge is now the Trio Badge, the Beetle Badge is now the Insect Badge, and the Icicle Badge is now the Freeze Badge. Confirmed indirectly by Serebii here: http://www.serebiiforums.com/faq.php?faq=new_faq_item9#faq_usertitles

starterlover1
1st March 2011, 9:44 PM
As a sidenote, Gamestop will be having a midnight release for the games for all who are interested. Also, Low Sweep > Ankle Sweep.

hever
1st March 2011, 9:47 PM
I've seen this on smogon, a few new attack and ability names:

That's been posted several times on the forums now. :) But thank you anyway!!

As a sidenote, Gamestop will be having a midnight release for the games for all who are interested. Also, Low Sweep > Ankle Sweep.
Why????????

MetalFlygon08
1st March 2011, 9:55 PM
Smack Down, it's. so. epic.

zoomie89b
1st March 2011, 11:04 PM

REALLY? dang it the gamestop in my town is not having a midnight release. There are just opening up two hours early on sunday. I am highly upset about this.

Tyrannotaur
1st March 2011, 11:12 PM

Just in case anyone is curious about their gamestop (In the US at least)

Midnight Release (http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/events/pokemonmid/) or Early Opening (http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/events/pokemon9am/). The One I preordered at is doing a Early Opening, which is fine since I have to be up early this Sunday anyway.

-;248;

kogawolfman
1st March 2011, 11:17 PM
Well that's nifty that Gamestop is actually doing some midnight releases for Pokemon. This would be a first for them. But I'm not worried about it, because I always just get Pokemon from Walmart at midnight.

rocky505
1st March 2011, 11:18 PM
Darn mine is opening early. I wish it was a midnight one though.

Cobalt_Latios
1st March 2011, 11:39 PM
I don't think I have an early opening :/. I have to probably wait until 12pm before my store opens.

/CL

Xman96
2nd March 2011, 12:07 AM
Minot, ND has what I believe is called a Blue Law. No stores may open before 12 PM on Sunday. Sucks.

smashbro77
2nd March 2011, 12:11 AM
i preordered on amazon but they dont have release date delivery like they did for halo or cod :(
if i have to wait more than 2 days for black i will choke a togepi

UnovaSwampert
2nd March 2011, 12:24 AM
Well that's nifty that Gamestop is actually doing some midnight releases for Pokemon. This would be a first for them. But I'm not worried about it, because I always just get Pokemon from Walmart at midnight.

My local GS and WM do not open at midnight. I have to wait until 9:00 AM.

ForeverFlame
2nd March 2011, 12:43 AM
I ordered from Amazon too. And right now it says that it`s going to ship on March 9th. Derp.

hever
2nd March 2011, 12:48 AM
I ordered from Amazon too. And right now it says that it`s going to ship on March 9th. Derp.

Really? wow that's a shame.

UnovaSwampert
2nd March 2011, 12:50 AM
Really? wow that's a shame.

Glad I didn't order from Amazon.

Dr. Leggs
2nd March 2011, 12:53 AM
Dag, mine doesn't open 'til nine. Ho-hum ;-;

ForeverFlame
2nd March 2011, 12:53 AM
I hope they`re just low-balling it. I always get books and games from them a day or two before the release date... :S

Oh, and Joltik on Bulbaforums confirmed that Everyone Happy Simple Connection is the phrase you have to use to get Mystery Gift.

hever
2nd March 2011, 12:54 AM
Glad I didn't order from Amazon.

Ikr? Glad the Walmart up here have a lot of games for fewer people. I love living in isolation.

travisjb90
2nd March 2011, 1:33 AM
My Gamestop is opening at 9. At least it is a little bit earlier than ten, which is when they usually open.

Missingno. Master
2nd March 2011, 2:31 AM
I hope they`re just low-balling it. I always get books and games from them a day or two before the release date... :S

Oh, and Joltik on Bulbaforums confirmed that Everyone Happy Simple Connection is the phrase you have to use to get Mystery Gift.

Mystery Gift is available from the start in B/W. That's the phrase for the Relocator.

Oh, and ENGLISH ATTACK NAMES! (http://www.pokewiki.de/Attacken-Liste)

A few highlights:

Sludge Wave: Sludge Wave. Yeah! They kept it! Bulbapedia translated it as Slime Wave, which didn't sound as cool to me.

Gear Saucer: Gear Grind. YEAH! My prediction exactly!

The Oath moves: Grass Pledge, Fire Pledge, Water Pledge. Not bad at all.

Psycho Shock: Psyshock. All those years after that Abra card had an attack called Psyshock, it's about friggin' time we got an actual Psyshock attack!

Afro Break: Head Charge. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU- Afro and head have the same number of letters, why couldn't they have named it Afro Charge instead?!?!

Cross Flame/Cross Bolt: Fusion Flame/Fusion Bolt. Infinitely cooler-sounding.

Night Burst: Night Daze. I c wat they did there

Butterfly Dance: Quiver Dance. Eh. My guess of Moth Dance was better.

Blazios
2nd March 2011, 2:34 AM
Honestly, what is it with TCPi and their obsession with having attack names with the name "Charge" in them?

Missingno. Master
2nd March 2011, 2:37 AM
Honestly, what is it with TCPi and their obsession with having attack names with the name "Charge" in them?

I know! We got Head Charge, Wild Charge, Flame Charge, Charge Beam, and Charge itself! Ironically, the move with a Japanese name of Charge is what we call Take Down. Must be a recent obsession.

BW202
2nd March 2011, 2:43 AM
Great attack names! I like them all except Head Charge. It would be fine if it originally didn't contain afro XD. Fusion Flame/Bolt sounds SO cool. As do Gear Grind and Psyshock. Another one I'm a little disappointed in is V-generate. It's been changed to V-create...oh well.

DarumakkaImposter
2nd March 2011, 2:50 AM
REALLY? dang it the gamestop in my town is not having a midnight release. There are just opening up two hours early on sunday. I am highly upset about this.
me too. and i wont even be able to get it until monday after school

Cobalt_Latios
2nd March 2011, 2:52 AM
Mystery Gift is available from the start in B/W. That's the phrase for the Relocator.

Oh, and ENGLISH ATTACK NAMES! (http://www.pokewiki.de/Attacken-Liste)

A few highlights:

Sludge Wave: Sludge Wave. Yeah! They kept it! Bulbapedia translated it as Slime Wave, which didn't sound as cool to me.

Gear Saucer: Gear Grind. YEAH! My prediction exactly!

The Oath moves: Grass Pledge, Fire Pledge, Water Pledge. Not bad at all.

Psycho Shock: Psyshock. All those years after that Abra card had an attack called Psyshock, it's about friggin' time we got an actual Psyshock attack!

Afro Break: Head Charge. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU- Afro and head have the same number of letters, why couldn't they have named it Afro Charge instead?!?!

Cross Flame/Cross Bolt: Fusion Flame/Fusion Bolt. Infinitely cooler-sounding.

Night Burst: Night Daze. I c wat they did there

Butterfly Dance: Quiver Dance. Eh. My guess of Moth Dance was better.
In bold, the only attacks I'm unsure I like. Head Charge... I definitely prefer Afro Break. A freakin' "Afro" Buffalo learns it. Why did it have to change ;_;.

Night Daze... I'm impartial to. "Burst" sounds more powerful, but I do sort of see the joke with "Daze". Oh well.

Quiver Dance? Wth? Where does the "Quiver" part come from?

Aside from that, I like the English attack names.

/CL

slowpoke child
2nd March 2011, 2:52 AM
my gamestop has midnight release....:D:D

Mario with Lasers
2nd March 2011, 2:53 AM
Giftschock Venoshock Choc Venin Velenoshock Cargatóxica ベノムショック Benomu Shock
Falterreigen Quiver Dance Papillodanse Eledanza Danza Aleteo ちょうのまい Chō no Mai
Nachtflut Night Daze Explonuit Urtoscuro Pulso Noche ナイトバースト Night Burst
Psychostoß Psystrike Frappe Psy Psicobotta Onda Mental サイコブレイク Saiko Break
Steinschädel Head Charge Peignée Ricciolata Ariete アフロブレイク Afro Break
Flammenball Searing Shot Incendie Sparafuoco Bomba Ígnea かえんだん Kaendan
Standpauke Snarl Aboiement Urlorabbia Alarido バークアウト Bark Out
V-Generator V-create CoupVictoire Generatore V V de Fuego Vジェネレート V-Generate

http://i.imgur.com/uxbwL.png

Grei
2nd March 2011, 2:54 AM

Wait, before you even get the Pokedex? Or do you need to get that first...?

I'm asking because I want to pick up Liberty Ticket from my GameStop the day I buy the game, so I'm wondering if I have to sit there for a while to play through the game in order to download the Liberty Ticket or if I can get get it right off the bat.

Cross Flame/Cross Bolt: Fusion Flame/Fusion Bolt. Infinitely cooler-sounding. Eh. I liked Cross Flame and Cross Bolt better, but whatevs!

Night Burst: Night Daze. I c wat they did there That's kind of nifty. Although Night Burst was a great name.

Butterfly Dance: Quiver Dance. Eh. My guess of Moth Dance was better. Yeah. What the hell? Quiver Dance? That sounds kind of dumb.

Other names (JP = EN):

Knock Down = Smack Down
Venom Shock = Venoshock
Level Ground = Bulldoze (I like this one)
Elec Web = Electroweb (I dunno if this was already known)
Sacred Sword = Sacred Sword
Wide Guard = Wide Guard
Flame Dance = Fiery Dance
Heat Stamp = Heat Crash (I really like this one, too)
Bark Out = Snarl
V-Generate = V-Create (...) (V-Cremate would have been better)

rocky505
2nd March 2011, 2:56 AM
Wait, before you even get the Pokedex? Or do you need to get that first...?

I'm asking because I want to pick up Liberty Ticket from my GameStop the day I buy the game, so I'm wondering if I have to sit there for a while to play through the game in order to download the Liberty Ticket or if I can get get it right off the bat.

Other names (JP = EN):

Knock Down = Smack Down
Venom Shock = Venoshock
Wide Guard = Wide Guard
Bark Out = Snarl
V-Generate = V-Create (...) Yes you can get it as soon as it starts or as soon as you save the game

WTF V-Create? (Gay)

Bulldoze sounds epic, but it sounds more like a tackling type of move for a big pokemon like Snorlax and Emboar.

Maverik
2nd March 2011, 2:58 AM
V-Create sounds catchy (V and C sounding similar)

Quiver Dance is really good. So is fusion flame and bolt, and night daze. I'm impartial to the others.

WTF V-Create? (Gay)

Oh god, this statement.

R_N
2nd March 2011, 3:01 AM
Quiver Dance was probably the best way to handle that move. Now it won't get more and more silly as it goes to Pokemon that are decidely not Butterflies.

Some of these are odd
V-Generate -> V-Create. Both mean basically the same, but create makes the move sound so odd.
Flame Dance -> Fiery Dance is also basically the same thing, but why not just keep it Flame?
Afro Break -> Head Charge is understandable, but I wish it wasn't head. Maybe HAIR RUSH or something? blah
Likewise, I'm surprised they didn't go with Gear Shift. Shift Gear is still correct but...
Final Gambit is pretty cool, though.

Grei
2nd March 2011, 3:01 AM
Yes you can get it as soon as it starts or as soon as you save the game

Ah, ok, thanks. That's better than having to go through everything to get a dex.

I'm not feeling great about Night Daze. Looking at Cobalt_Latios's signature gif, I feel like Night Daze just doesn't capture the epicness of the attack.

R_N
2nd March 2011, 3:03 AM
I'm not feeling great about Night Daze. Looking at Cobalt_Latios's signature gif, I feel like Night Daze just doesn't capture the epicness of the attack.

Just as well, it's not the most impressive move in-game

also snarl >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Bark Out

hever
2nd March 2011, 3:04 AM
Quiver Dance was probably the best way to handle that move. Now it won't get more and more silly as it goes to Pokemon that are decidely not Butterflies.

Some of these are odd
V-Generate -> V-Create. Both mean basically the same, but create makes the move sound so odd.
Flame Dance -> Fiery Dance is also basically the same thing, but why not just keep it Flame?
Afro Break -> Head Charge is understandable, but I wish it wasn't head. Maybe HAIR RUSH or something? blah
Likewise, I'm surprised they didn't go with Gear Shift. Shift Gear is still correct but...

Fiery Dance sounds more intense.
For Head Charge, they should have made it Skull Charge instead.

Quiver Dance, as you've said already, sounds mighty catchy.

smashbro77
2nd March 2011, 3:04 AM

I ordered with one day shipping but it still says it'll arive on march 8, 2 days after the us release. Herp derp.

gyaradosuseddragonrage!
2nd March 2011, 3:05 AM
Quiver Dance is meh. Night Daze (pun probably not intended) is meh as well. AFROBREAK was so much better than Head Charge. Final Gambit is really cool though. (But that's probably because I'm an avid chess player. Regardless of the reference, I still dislike Pawniard and Bisharp.)

EDIT: Final Gambit is now the best move name in every generation. If I could find the animation...
And Hilbert is really yuck. If the female character is just as yuck or stays Whitlea, I am hacking to play as (look like) a Plasma Grunt.

hever
2nd March 2011, 3:06 AM
I ordered with one day shipping but it still says it'll arive on march 8, 2 days after the us release. Herp derp.

Is the store really far from where you live, that you have to order online?!

R_N
2nd March 2011, 3:06 AM
Fiery Dance sounds more intense.
For Head Charge, they should have made it Skull Charge instead.

Quiver Dance, as you've said already, sounds mighty catchy.

Skull Charge makes even less sense and sounds like a Vullaby-exclusive move!

rocky505
2nd March 2011, 3:08 AM
Skull Charge makes even less sense and sounds like a Vullaby-exclusive move! Skull Charge would've been better for Head Smash. Why Vullaby? Marowak and Rampardos would need that more lol.

Lishus13
2nd March 2011, 3:09 AM
People on other sites are saying that the main male character is "Hilbert", is this true?
I vaguely remember it being stated that it was Blair or something akin to that.

Blazios
2nd March 2011, 3:11 AM
People on other sites are saying that the main male character is "Hilbert", is this true?
I vaguely remember it being stated that it was Blair or something akin to that.

http://i.imgur.com/ckKQ8.jpg

rocky505
2nd March 2011, 3:11 AM
I vaguely remember it being stated that it was Blair or something akin to that. Hilbert? Don't they know that New York is in the North and not the South?

Lishus13
2nd March 2011, 3:12 AM

Oh lord T_T.
Okay I don't mind Hilbert, but it really sounds...um....either old man or like "Filbert" which reminds me of nuts. ._.

hever
2nd March 2011, 3:14 AM
Skull Charge makes even less sense and sounds like a Vullaby-exclusive move!
Yeah but it sounds so much better than Head Charge. Erg.

Hilbert? Don't they know that New York is in the North and not the South?
Hey ya'll I wont sum teea.

Chimchar15
2nd March 2011, 3:15 AM
Ugh I just saw the new ranks and the new name for Beetle badge just irks me. Icicle badge's new name works considering the situation with that.

Dr. Leggs
2nd March 2011, 3:15 AM
Quiver Dance strikes me as a bit of an odd choice... But after looking at its definition ('to shake with a slight but rapid motion; vibrate tremulously; tremble'), it does evoke the image of how a butterfly moves, though quiver wouldn't be my first choice for it. Not a terrible name but an interesting translation.

Translations I'm loving:
Psyshock (Psycho Shock)
Autotomize (Body Purge)
Stored Power (Assist Power)
Gear Grind (Gear Saucer)
Final Gambit (Life Gamble)
Volt Switch (Volt Change)
Steamroller (Hard Roller)
Searing Shot (Flame Bomb)
Frost Breath (Ice Breath)
Fusion Flare/Bolt (Cross Flame/Thunder)
Glaciate (Frozen World)
Quash (Postpone)

Not really feeling;
Bulldoze (Smooth Over/Level Ground)
Smack Down (simply because I feel "knocking" makes more sense than "smacking" when throwing rocks at something)
Night Daze (har-har, but really...)
Head Charge (Are they afraid to use 'Afro'?)

Overall, very nice translations... I'm pretty pleased.

BW202
2nd March 2011, 3:16 AM
Let's see...Fusion Flare/Bolt >>>>Cross Flame/Thunder. (never understood the "cross" part. Fusion applies to energy more so I like. Also, in Fusion Bolt, Zekrom "fuses" with the blue electric ball. I like how these match up with Bolt Strike and Blue Flare.

Glaciate>Frozen World. Not sure why, it just sounds cool.
Heat Crash>>>>>>>Heat Stamp
Venoshock=Venom Shock
Psyshock>Psycho Shock
Sludge Wave>Slime Wave. I like the word sludge more than Slime
Chip Away>Little by Little
Final Gambit>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Extreme Risk
Inferno>>>Purgatory
Gear Grind>Gear Saucer
Secret Sword>Sword of Mystery Meh. Both are pretty lame XD.
Icicle Crash>Icicle Drop

Just my cup of tea on a few of them :D Overall, none are extremely disappointing.

Lishus13
Haha, can any Pokemon get both Steamroller and Bulldoze?
That would be amazing.

R_N
I like Hilbert

Also Hilbert College is a New York college: http://www.hilbert.edu/

Dr. Leggs
2nd March 2011, 3:19 AM
Oh Lord.

Hilbert?

starterlover1
2nd March 2011, 3:27 AM
Hilbert? How country.

I like some of the translations, but Quiver Dance and Psystrike are just terrible.

BW202
2nd March 2011, 3:28 AM
Ya...how does Blair sound now? Oh well, it really doesn't matter in the long run. Btw, is the only reference the college?

R_N
2nd March 2011, 3:29 AM
Also I've lived in the South for...well many many years

I have never, ever, heard anyone down here go by "Hilbert"
soo...

R_N
2nd March 2011, 3:31 AM
Ya...how does Blair sound now? Oh well, it really doesn't matter in the long run. Btw, is the only reference the college?

Well....there's this, I guess: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hilbert_space

hever
2nd March 2011, 3:32 AM
Also I've lived in the South for...well many many years

I have never, ever, heard anyone down here go by "Hilbert"
soo...

I think it's because they associate:

Hill- Hillbillies.
Bert- Albert.

That's just my guess though..

Cobalt_Latios
2nd March 2011, 3:35 AM
I thought you got Liberty Ticket through Wi-Fi?

Other names (JP = EN):

Knock Down = Smack Down
Venom Shock = Venoshock
Wide Guard = Wide Guard
Bark Out = Snarl
V-Generate = V-Create (...) (V-Cremate would have been better)
Okay, these ones are pretty good. V-Create sounds a lot like "REcreate", so that's odd.

I actually thought that as I was typing my last post :/.

It does sound pretty cool.

Well, put it this way; after being hit with an attack like that you'd probably be in a daze yourself :P. Yeah, it wasn't meant to be that bad of a joke.

Just as well, it's not the most impressive move in-game.
85 is still pretty good. Higher by 5 than Dark Pulse, but still pretty high.

Just what we needed... "hillbillies".

Quiver Dance strikes me as a bit of an odd choice... But after looking at its definition ('to shake with a slight but rapid motion; vibrate tremulously; tremble'), it does evoke the image of how a butterfly moves, though quiver wouldn't be my first choice for it. Not a terrible name but an interesting translation.

Translations I'm loving:
Psyshock (Psycho Shock)
Autotomize (Body Purge)
Stored Power (Assist Power)
Gear Grind (Gear Saucer)
Final Gambit (Life Gamble)
Volt Switch (Volt Change)
Steamroller (Hard Roller)
Searing Shot (Flame Bomb)
Frost Breath (Ice Breath)
Fusion Flare/Bolt (Cross Flame/Thunder)
Glaciate (Frozen World)
Quash (Postpone)

Not really feeling;
Bulldozep (Smooth Over/Level Ground)
Smack Down (simply because I feel "knocking" makes more sense than "smacking" when throwing rocks at something)
Night Daze (har-har, but really...)
Head Charge (Are they afraid to use 'Afro'?)

Overall, very nice translations... I'm pretty pleased.
Steamroller and Bulldoze? Really TPCi, really? What's next, Excavate?

Glaciate>Frozen World. Not sure why, it just sounds cool.
Glaciate sounds "cooler" than Frozen World.

Final Gambit>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Extreme Risk
Agreed.

Inferno>>>Purgatory
Yeah, not everyone knows what Purgatory is, so Inferno is definitely a better choice.

That would be amazing.
Steamroller is Bug type, while Bulldoze is Ground... And seeing as Steamroller would require something that... well, "rolls", I can't really think of anything that could potentially use both.

But I do find it amusing how we have 2 construction based attacks this gen.

/CL

R_N
2nd March 2011, 3:36 AM
I think it's because they associate:

Hill- Hillbillies.
Bert- Albert.

That's just my guess though..

You'd think the first instance of "bert" would be, say
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20060205191434/muppet/images/thumb/7/77/Bertdoor.JPG/300px-Bertdoor.JPG

BW202
2nd March 2011, 3:39 AM
Ugh I just saw the new ranks and the new name for Beetle badge just irks me. Icicle badge's new name works considering the situation with that.

What are they? And where can you find the ranks?

ForeverFlame
2nd March 2011, 3:42 AM
Oh good lord. Thank God the other player isn`t a rival this gen...

Adeku
2nd March 2011, 3:55 AM
Oh good lord. Thank God the other player isn`t a rival this gen...

^ This.

I live in Alabama and I have never met anyone named Hilbert... Also, I like most of the localized names, but Head Charge should have stayed Afro Break or Charge. Night Daze should have also kept it's original name. :/

R_N
2nd March 2011, 3:56 AM
Well, we should be able to pinpoint Hilbert's proper origins once we see the girl's name.

Chimchar15
2nd March 2011, 4:00 AM
What are they? And where can you find the ranks?

Here's a link. http://www.serebiiforums.com/faq.php?faq=new_faq_item9#faq_usertitles

Cobalt_Latios
2nd March 2011, 4:01 AM
Well, we should be able to pinpoint Hilbert's proper origins once we see the girl's name.
I really hope it's not another American joke... not that I care, but it just doesn't feel right...

/CL

R_N
2nd March 2011, 4:03 AM
I really hope it's not another American joke... not that I care, but it just doesn't feel right...

/CL
You say that like it's a bad thing? Like, if it is the college, what's wrong with that? If it's mathematical terms (which would be more German), what's wrong with that? If it's just a name (spoiler Hilbert isn't anywhere near as southern as you people seem to think).

Adeku
2nd March 2011, 4:08 AM

/CL

If her name is, that would make me feel insulted in a way. I mean Barry was a cheesy name for the DP rival. Although you could choose to name him w/e you wanted.

Or they could have just named the new rival as a tribute to that Hilbert college someone mentioned before...

hever
2nd March 2011, 4:08 AM
You say that like it's a bad thing? Like, if it is the college, what's wrong with that? If it's mathematical terms (which would be more German), what's wrong with that? If it's just a name (spoiler Hilbert isn't anywhere near as southern as you people seem to think).

It's going to be either Brooke, Brooklyn or Sophie.
Taken from Brooklyn College, and Sophie Davis School of Biomedical Education.

If you're going by that, at least.

BW202
2nd March 2011, 4:10 AM
There are only two colleges I can remember in New York that would fit. Mount Saint Mary College and Berkeley college. Not really sure I would like either of those...

Chimchar15
2nd March 2011, 4:18 AM
Eh it's going to take me a while before I get used to those two badge names. I'm still pumped but I'll miss Beetle Badge.

Grei
2nd March 2011, 4:23 AM

Hilbert?

... honestly, I like it more than Blair. Blair just doesn't sit right as a masculine name for me. Hilbert, however, does.

Although now I'm confused. Blair and Whitlea seemed like such obvious references to Black and White. If Hilbert's the real name, then I have to wonder if there's a Black & White reference there that I just don't see, or if they ever meant to give a BW reference in the first place.

That gives an opportunity for Whitlea to get a better name, though. ._. Brooklyn would be an awesome name for her.

Is there any chance that the name of the player character on the Battle Subway is just... random?

Adeku
2nd March 2011, 4:29 AM
Hilbert?

... honestly, I like it more than Blair. Blair just doesn't sit right as a masculine name for me. Hilbert, however, does.

Although now I'm confused. Blair and Whitlea seemed like such obvious references to Black and White. If Hilbert's the real name, then I have to wonder if there's a Black & White reference there that I just don't see, or if they ever meant to give a BW reference in the first place.

That gives an opportunity for Whitlea to get a better name, though. ._.

Is there any chance that the name of the player character on the Battle Subway is just... random?

That's actually a great question. There's a good possibility that's why his name was Hilbert. In fact, I hope that's why his name is Hilbert.

Cobalt_Latios
2nd March 2011, 4:29 AM
It isn't? Well, that's a relief. It's just "hillbillies" is the first thing that jumped to mind, so that may be part of it.

But hey, if it has a better meaning, then I'm all for that.

If her name is, that would make me feel insulted in a way. I mean Barry was a cheesy name for the DP rival. Although you could choose to name him w/e you wanted.

Or they could have just named the new rival as a tribute to that Hilbert college someone mentioned before...
Yeah, sorry about that. Like Snowyarticuno mentioned, Hilbert probably isn't as much of a Southern reference as some of us are lead to believe, so if that's the case, no problem for me.

Also, for Barry, I happen to live close to a city called "Barrie", so that's what jumped to mind there. And I know someone by that name as well.

Well, as long as it isn't Southern based, I'm fine with the name.

Holy... I never thought about that. That does seem possible, considering what they could do with it and all.

/CL

Adeku
2nd March 2011, 4:37 AM
It isn't? Well, that's a relief. It's just "hillbillies" is the first thing that jumped to mind, so that may be part of it.

But hey, if it has a better meaning, then I'm all for that.

Yeah, sorry about that. Like Snowyarticuno mentioned, Hilbert probably isn't as much of a Southern reference as some of us are lead to believe, so if that's the case, no problem for me.

Also, for Barry, I happen to live close to a city called "Barrie", so that's what jumped to mind there. And I know someone by that name as well.

Well, as long as it isn't Southern based, I'm fine with the name.

Holy... I never thought about that. That does seem possible, considering what they could do with it and all.

/CL

Same here. Even if they gave us the option to name him, I would hope they just named him either randomly or as a tribute/ reference to NYC. If that isn't the case, then that would be offending, IMO.

R_N
2nd March 2011, 4:46 AM
Even if it was southern based, what is so bad about this.

Hilbert isn't a bad name. He can even be nicknamed Bert or Berty which are even less Southern.

hever
2nd March 2011, 4:53 AM
Brooklyn would be an awesome name for her.

Sophie sounds pretty fitting also.

Adeku
2nd March 2011, 4:54 AM
Even if it was southern based, what is so bad about this.

Hilbert isn't a bad name. He can even be nicknamed Bert or Berty which are even less Southern.

Hilbert isnt a bad name, and I do like Bert or Berty as possible nicknames. IMO, they could have just used a more generic and common name that doesn't have Southern flare; like Greg or something.

Grei
2nd March 2011, 4:59 AM
Hilbert isnt a bad name, and I do like Bert or Berty as possible nicknames. IMO, they could have just used a more generic and common name that doesn't have Southern flare; like Greg or something.

It doesn't have a Southern flair, though. Just because it happens to sound Southern to you doesn't mean there's any Southern flair there. It's similar to how, to me, "Blair" is feminine. That doesn't necessarily give the name a feminine flair; it's only due to my own personal schema surrounding that name that I think it's feminine.

Likewise, just because your schema of "Hilbert" fits into the Southern category doesn't mean it's a Southern name. I, for one, see nothing Southern in that name.

stenli
2nd March 2011, 5:50 AM
That would be amazing.

The Great GOLEM. ;076;

Blackjack the Titan
2nd March 2011, 9:59 AM
I wanna name my rivals. Hilbert and Blair, seriously? The boy looks more like a Luke and the girl looks more like a Bailey.

Dr. Leggs
2nd March 2011, 12:52 PM
I just want to know what Hilbert comes from.

I don't dislike it because it sounds 'Southern' or anything (which it doesn't to me), it's just an unappealing name for a teenage male protagonist, in my eyes. I really liked Blair.

Hejiru
2nd March 2011, 2:00 PM
*gulp*

I hate to be the one to start this firestorm, but: http://ericlide.com/stuff/hilda.jpg

The girl's name is Hilda. HILDA.

*ducks and covers*

R_N
2nd March 2011, 3:57 PM
oh no a completely reasonable name whatever will we do

I'm guessing the theme is either/both foreign (Dutch?) &/or based around that "Hil," then

hever
2nd March 2011, 4:21 PM
*gulp*

I hate to be the one to start this firestorm, but: http://ericlide.com/stuff/hilda.jpg

The girl's name is Hilda. HILDA.

*ducks and covers*

I love it. Hilda sounds German.

Hejiru
2nd March 2011, 4:24 PM
I don't believe it. I was expecting a fanbase rage on par with that of the news Emboar was part Fighting...

You guys are more upset about Hilbert than Hilda?

R_N
2nd March 2011, 4:28 PM
I'm sure if you look elsewhere you'll be finding people raging.

Blueysicle
2nd March 2011, 5:15 PM
Oh no, I've seen some raeg going around on a few other websites:

ಠ_ಠ

That's all I'm going to say. If I get started on these names I'll end up getting banned for calling people retards again. Wait, is it permissible to insult people who AREN'T members here? Because if that's the case I have a few choice words for the localization team.

TPCi is the worst thing to happen to Pokemon.

Good God, Nintendo, why did you have to fire the old translation team?

okay even I, a "translation apathist", have to ask "what in the 9 levels of ****" were they thinking with "Hilbert"

Hilbert?

Man, TPCi is full really ****ed up.

Those are, without a doubt, the dumbest names they ever gave to anyone ever.

Stupid PC names are stupid.

Hilbert and Hilda. I mean come on, which century do we live? America just HAS to ruin BW don't they?

As you can see, people mostly have a problem with Hilbert, but there's still a bit of whining going around over Hilda as well.

Maxim
2nd March 2011, 5:22 PM
I think this deserves a separate thread... but I'm not sure.

I mean THIS! (http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h319/Bob5280/1299007774343.jpg) If this is what I think it is, then it's something completely unprecedented in the Pokemon franchise and it's something that we've all waited for for years!

POKEMON ART BOOK!

All I know that it was a part of the shipment received by some Target store. Don't know where it is.

I hope that it didn't get there by mistake and that it'll be released publicly.

It's something we NEED! I'm officially excited about this thing.

Tyrannotaur
2nd March 2011, 5:27 PM

I mean THIS! (http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h319/Bob5280/1299007774343.jpg) If this is what I think it is, then it's something completely unprecedented in the Pokemon franchise and it's something that we've all waited for for years!

POKEMON ART BOOK!

All I know that it was a part of the shipment received by some Target store. Don't know where it is.

I saw this on Bulbagarden. I was thinking it may be that Special edition guide, but it looks a little thin to be a guide. Maybe this is our preorder bonus? Or Just Targets? Which would suck cause I preordered at gamestop.
I dunno, but I do want to see whats in it. I love art books.

-;248;

Dr. Leggs
2nd March 2011, 5:33 PM
Honestly, I don't have an issue with Hilda. Both names seem to be out-of-date, as far as names go, but Hilda's not a big issue.

I still don't like Hilbert, though.

FireEmblemAddict
2nd March 2011, 5:59 PM
Hilbert and Hilda...seriously?
They should have given them more modern names since the region is somewhat high-tech...

Tyrannotaur
2nd March 2011, 6:39 PM
I just got back from Target and the guy working electronics was pretty clueless and had Black and White out. I almost was able to buy white but it rang up as "DO NOT SELL", so that sucks. He then got all worried and put all the copies away. I probably could have complained or something and gotten him to sell it to me, but its not my style. Oh well, So close yet so far. I at least tried, you guys may have more luck with your Targets, but I doubt it. Its in the System as "DO NOT SELL". Can't hurt to try though.

-;248;

Aurath8
2nd March 2011, 7:24 PM

POKEMON ART BOOK!

I remember several weeks ago there was some speculation on this.
Now it's happening, were getting an art book.
I cant think of any other examples right now but it seems this gen fans are actually getting some predictions right.
Everyone begin speculation on a pokemon vendor that will give one pokemon from the regional dex at lvl 1 once every season for free.

Scolipede learns Steamroller and Bulldoze, as well as Dig. Now I'm imagining a Scolipede with a steamroller for a front sprite and a bulldozer for a back sprite. I'm also thinking of a Scolipede with a Rocky Helmet, a spade in his stubby little arms, carrying some Sinnoh Undergroung gear and a rucksack.

Anyway.
Hilbert and Hilda? Pokémon is ruined...FOREVER!

Porygandrew
2nd March 2011, 8:45 PM
I'm just pretending that 5th Gen doesn't exist ;)

lindsy95
2nd March 2011, 8:49 PM
I don't mind Hilda but there is something I just don't like about Hilbert.

My main beef is that they made the names both sound 'similar' if you know what I mean?
(they both start with a similar sound, like when 4kids reamed bun and fumu to tiff and tuff)

aggronFTW
2nd March 2011, 8:50 PM
Anyway.

Lolreferences

Anyway, we could choose the characters names ourselves...

Goddammit Internet! This is why people think everyone on the Internet is stupid, they can't figure out the most obvious things like that you don't have to call the characters Hilbert or Hilda.

R_N
2nd March 2011, 8:52 PM
Screw the haters I'm naming my guy Bert

Maybe Berty the girl can be Betty

zoomie89b
2nd March 2011, 8:52 PM
I just got back from Target and the guy working electronics was pretty clueless and had Black and White out. I almost was able to buy white but it rang up as "DO NOT SELL", so that sucks. He then got all worried and put all the copies away. I probably could have complained or something and gotten him to sell it to me, but its not my style. Oh well, So close yet so far. I at least tried, you guys may have more luck with your Targets, but I doubt it. Its in the System as "DO NOT SELL". Can't hurt to try though.

-;248;

That sucks, I went out looking for any small store or anything that might have black and white early, but alas my efforts were unfruitful.

R_N
2nd March 2011, 8:54 PM

POKEMON ART BOOK!

HOLY MOTHER****

I AM FREAKING OUT
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
if this was just a preorder bonus I am going to cry

Lorde
2nd March 2011, 9:11 PM
Oh no, I've seen some raeg going around on a few other websites:

I think I was responsible for half of those comments :p

POKEMON ART BOOK!

A Pokemon art book eh? Ok then. I do love the Ken Sugimori art and all that good stuff, but I'm just not all-that excited about the idea of an art book. I'd probably end up buying a copy for myself, just so that I could have some references there in front of me for when I'm drawing Pokemon, but I'd probably get bored with it after a while. I do like the fact that America is getting all sorts of cool Pokemon merchandise, though. This is all pretty interesting.

R_N
2nd March 2011, 9:17 PM
Most artbooks generally go into origins behind the concept and generally has concept art and other poses.

I mean this just might be some simple poses here and there but THE POSSIBILITIES ARE WORTH IT

Tytus
2nd March 2011, 10:16 PM
Lolreferences

Anyway, we could choose the characters names ourselves...

Goddammit Internet! This is why people think everyone on the Internet is stupid, they can't figure out the most obvious things like that you don't have to call the characters Hilbert or Hilda.

You don't have a choice. You pick the boy, Hilda meets you in the Battle Subway. You pick the girl, it's Hilbert. You can just close your eyes when they introduce themselves if you wish.

R_N
2nd March 2011, 10:24 PM
You don't have a choice. You pick the boy, Hilda meets you in the Battle Subway. You pick the girl, it's Hilbert. You can just close your eyes when they introduce themselves if you wish.

Or never (1) go into the Battle Subway [which most people probably won't bother with] or (2) never do the double battle subway lines [which even less people will probably bother with]

Maverik
2nd March 2011, 10:54 PM
...they're just names.

I have no problem with them, they're perfectly fine.

Name one legitimate reason why these names are "bad" besides first impression.

Silent Conversation
2nd March 2011, 11:05 PM
Hilbert and Hilda? Wow, these names are getting... interesting. But personally I don't think it matters all that much, because it's not like those two are extremely major characters. If those were the names of Bianca and Cheren, then maybe I'd have more of an opinion.