PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Black and White General Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Typhlosionvsworld
3rd March 2011, 12:06 AM
I was told that TMs are reusable in Gen V. Is that true?

Silent Conversation
3rd March 2011, 12:09 AM
I think I heard that too. I hope so, that will be extremely convenient.

Porygandrew
3rd March 2011, 12:11 AM

Shh!! It's a secret! Nobody knows about that, yet!! (http://serebii.net/blackwhite/tmhm.shtml)

BTW: because of their reusability, they're not longer able to be held or traded between B/W games.

Angry Ancestor
3rd March 2011, 12:12 AM

I think I heard that too. I hope so, that will be extremely convenient.

Indeed, it is true. :)

I recall someone on this board--maybe Missingno. Master--predicting that Gear Saucer would be called Gear Grind. Whoever it was, good guess. :) You were right.

Silent Conversation
3rd March 2011, 12:14 AM
Now finally, I won't get upset when using a TM on a Pokemon and then later discovering that it would have been much better for another one.

Sabonea_Masukippa
3rd March 2011, 12:18 AM
TMs are good this time around - whenever I'm having trouble training a Poke coz its moves are on the weak side I just stick it with a random TM with more base power.

Also <3 art book.

gyaradosuseddragonrage!
3rd March 2011, 1:12 AM
Hilbert and Hilda are even worse than Blair/Whitlea. I would have prefered the names as Yang/Yin for Arceus' sakes.

KickAsh
3rd March 2011, 1:16 AM
Anyway.
Hilbert and Hilda? Pokémon is ruined...FOREVER!
I love those names...they're a thousand times better than lame Ethan and Lyra.

Hilbert and Hilda are even worse than Blair/Whitlea. I would have prefered the names as Yang/Yin for Arceus' sakes.
Nothing is worse than Blair/Whitlea. Nothing. And if you hate them so much, you can change the name of your character, so the only time you really have to deal with them is when the chat with you, which doesn't seem to be a frequent occurrence.

I just got back from Target and the guy working electronics was pretty clueless and had Black and White out. I almost was able to buy white but it rang up as "DO NOT SELL", so that sucks. He then got all worried and put all the copies away. I probably could have complained or something and gotten him to sell it to me, but its not my style. Oh well, So close yet so far. I at least tried, you guys may have more luck with your Targets, but I doubt it. Its in the System as "DO NOT SELL". Can't hurt to try though.
Nice! Its cool that you got so close. Ugh. Its drool-worthy. I did the same thing as zoomie89b, and searched small local shops like my nearby Play N Trade and this rundown video game store called Eduardo's, but I too had no luck.

Sabonea_Masukippa
3rd March 2011, 1:42 AM
http://au.ds.ign.com/articles/115/1152956p1.html

Interview with Masuda, some info about the BW development and development in general...kinda gets me excited for 6th Gen. :)

gyaradosuseddragonrage!
3rd March 2011, 2:36 AM
I love those names...they're a thousand times better than lame Ethan and Lyra.

Nothing is worse than Blair/Whitlea. Nothing. And if you hate them so much, you can change the name of your character, so the only time you really have to deal with them is when the chat with you, which doesn't seem to be a frequent occurrence.

Nice! Its cool that you got so close. Ugh. Its drool-worthy. I did the same thing as zoomie89b, and searched small local shops like my nearby Play N Trade and this rundown video game store called Eduardo's, but I too had no luck.

Yeah, I will change the names of the character. Blair/Whitlea aren't nearly as bad as Hilbert/Hilda. But I don't hate them SO much, I just dislike them, just like some people dislike Bidoof for example.

Blackjack the Titan
3rd March 2011, 2:51 AM
Confirmed fact: iPad 2 was released in two colors Black and White.
Unconfirmed fact: Steve Jobs might have done this in response to Pokemon Black and White.
Yeah, I really don't know. But that'd be cool, if Apple and Nintendo started making bonds. Would it be cool if You could play Pokémon on an iPad. Instant Wi-fi is accessible. The moving controls would be like a shoot'emup game controller on the iPod or iPad.

Cobalt_Latios
3rd March 2011, 2:52 AM
I think this deserves a separate thread... but I'm not sure.

I mean THIS! (http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h319/Bob5280/1299007774343.jpg) If this is what I think it is, then it's something completely unprecedented in the Pokemon franchise and it's something that we've all waited for for years!

POKEMON ART BOOK!

All I know that it was a part of the shipment received by some Target store. Don't know where it is.

I hope that it didn't get there by mistake and that it'll be released publicly.

It's something we NEED! I'm officially excited about this thing.
I. Want. This!!!

:o. If there was ever some kind of special edition thing, this is what I'd want.

Now I just gotta figure out what place might be selling this...

/CL

Silent Conversation
3rd March 2011, 2:53 AM
Yeah, I really don't know. But that'd be cool, if Apple and Nintendo started making bonds. Would it be cool if You could play Pokémon on an iPad.

If that ever happened, it would be the only reason I would ever by an iPad.

Missingno.Fan
3rd March 2011, 2:54 AM
I don't get it. Are Hilbert and Hilda a reference to something?

Silent Conversation
3rd March 2011, 2:56 AM
I don't think so. I just think people don't like the names.

Blazios
3rd March 2011, 3:03 AM
Unconfirmed fact: Steve Jobs might have done this in response to Pokemon Black and White.

Oh, well obviously.

Hejiru
3rd March 2011, 3:12 AM
Yeah, I really don't know. But that'd be cool, if Apple and Nintendo started making bonds. Would it be cool if You could play Pokémon on an iPad. Instant Wi-fi is accessible. The moving controls would be like a shoot'emup game controller on the iPod or iPad.

But that'd be cool, if Apple and Nintendo started making bonds.

Hiiiiiissssssssssssssssss. NEVER.

Missingno. Master
3rd March 2011, 3:14 AM
I recall someone on this board--maybe Missingno. Master--predicting that Gear Saucer would be called Gear Grind. Whoever it was, good guess. :) You were right.

It was indeed me. :)

I also predicted that Gigear would be called Klang and that Marakkachi would be called Maractus.

Anyway, word on Bulbapedia is that some NPC in Nimbasa City actually uses the term "Shiny Pokémon". Is this true?

Blazios
3rd March 2011, 3:15 AM

I also predicted that Gigear would be called Klang and that Marakkachi would be called Maractus.

Anyway, word on Bulbapedia is that some NPC in Nimbasa City actually uses the term "Shiny Pokémon". Is this true?

Yes, it's true. I know because I posted it :p

Hejiru
3rd March 2011, 3:15 AM

It wouldn't be the first time TCPi used the term "Shiny"

Silent Conversation
3rd March 2011, 3:16 AM

I hope so. Considering Shiny Pokemon have been a big part of the games (including an automatic shiny with Red Gyarados) it's about time they directly reference them.

Grei
3rd March 2011, 3:16 AM
Hiiiiiissssssssssssssssss. NEVER.

Any particular reason?

BCVM22
3rd March 2011, 3:18 AM

What inspires you to make this post? Really.

Hejiru
3rd March 2011, 3:18 AM
Any particular reason?

Don't get me wrong, I don't have any anti-Apple feelings; I just think Nintendo should stay purely Nintendo.

Silent Conversation
3rd March 2011, 3:20 AM
Ya, I guess Nintendo joining with Apple would kind of seem like a bit of a sell out. But it would certainly open up a lot of creative possibilities.

But I can't see a partnership like this ever happening, so it doesn't really matter in the end.

Missingno. Master
3rd March 2011, 3:21 AM
Yes, it's true. I know because I posted it :p

Just out of curiosity, what was the exact wording?

Lishus13
3rd March 2011, 3:22 AM
Apple products have come in Black and white colors for like....forever.
That's like saying that God created black and white people because of Pokemon.

-_-

Blackjack the Titan
3rd March 2011, 3:24 AM
Don't get me wrong, I don't have any anti-Apple feelings; I just think Nintendo should stay purely Nintendo.

But that might be a giant leap on Nintendo's business. Putting some of their games on an iPad would really bring returning gamers (me) to really want to play it. The only problem is the 3DS. But Apple could eventually find a way to make Nintendo games on their products become 3D. XD Yay

Dr. Leggs
3rd March 2011, 3:25 AM

-_-

Exactly.

Give me an Apple product that didn't come in monochrome, really.

Blazios
3rd March 2011, 3:27 AM
Just out of curiosity, what was the exact wording?

From a stream I'm watching:

Female NPC: People say Shiny Pokémon look like they're gleaming when they come out of the grass!
Male NPC: Shiny Krokorok... I wonder what colors they are!

Blueysicle
3rd March 2011, 3:29 AM

Yeah... Because a couple of Pokemon games are clearly the first time the black and white motif has ever been used...

MetalFlygon08
3rd March 2011, 3:33 AM

-_-

"You're on to us...As I decree it, ye shall exist nevermore!"-Quote from your Personal God of Choice.

Anyways...

Hejiru
3rd March 2011, 3:36 AM
But that might be a giant leap on Nintendo's business. Putting some of their games on an iPad would really bring returning gamers (me) to really want to play it. The only problem is the 3DS. But Apple could eventually find a way to make Nintendo games on their products become 3D. XD Yay

The day Nintendo allows their games on a non-Nintendo device is the day I go ice skating in hell.

BCVM22
3rd March 2011, 3:37 AM

There is literally no reason to be discussing this. It's not even a kinda-sorta "well, this COULD happen..." thing.

Xman96
3rd March 2011, 4:08 AM
Yeah Nintendo will release their games on Nintendo products. /end discussion

R_N
3rd March 2011, 4:24 AM
http://au.ds.ign.com/articles/115/1152956p1.html

Interview with Masuda, some info about the BW development and development in general...kinda gets me excited for 6th Gen. :)

But around the release of Gold and Silver in Japan, within Japan there was a lot of… maybe not negativity, but there was a lot of discussion of Pokemon as a dying brand.
This is my new favorite quote ever

But for the first two years, it's more about creating things on an individual basis – come up with a cool Pokemon. The main part of the creation process comes in the final two years though. You can't force the creative process though. You have to take your time to create.

close second

Masuda: -laughs- Probably… Tangela. I'm a really big fan of that one. I was really excited that it turns into Tangrowth, but I suspect that people don't find that as cool as I do. –laughs- Maybe people should pay a little more attention to Tangela!
NO WAIT NEW BEST QUOTE

BCVM22
3rd March 2011, 4:29 AM
People really should pay more attention to Tangela.

R_N
3rd March 2011, 4:34 AM

I tried using a Tangrowth in Platinum

she did not have any synergy with my team at all and couldn't fill any of the niches I needed. :(
SOME DAY

Sabonea_Masukippa
3rd March 2011, 4:36 AM
No one ever suspects the seaweed.

Cobalt_Latios
3rd March 2011, 4:37 AM
I did :). Not fast by any means, but I did use one.

/CL

hever
3rd March 2011, 4:38 AM
No one ever suspects the seaweed.

The Japanese loves のり。C;

Blueysicle
3rd March 2011, 4:44 AM

Tangela, maybe. But I dunno if I'd want to spend too much time around a Tangrowth... (http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&q=vaporotem#/d33ta31)

There's also an interview with Suigmori and Masuda in this months issue of Nintendo Power. They said that around three times more Pokemon are designed than what they put in the game, and that the ones that make the cut are those that you'd want as a partner in battle, but don't look too ferocious. Also, they said that if the fans showed interest in a Pokemon side-scrolling game then they would love to make one, considering that Game Freak made side-scrollers before they moved onto Pokemon.

Cobalt_Latios
3rd March 2011, 4:46 AM
After having read that interview, it's interesting to consider that a lot of the opinions and ideas that most "fans" want (wanting a "proper" console Pokemon game), mainly stem from a western perspective, as we aren't all that social; especially since we prefer to be online most of the time, hence the whole "MMO" thing some people want.

When he mentioned that Pokemon should stay as an "on the go" experience, I'd have to agree here. It isn't called "Pocket Monsters" for nothing. Although, you do notice more "social" interactions in Japan than most other locations.

At least, based on what I've seen.

Very good read. I like hearing these sort of "inside story" type things; it gives us a better idea of who's behind the creative process and how they actually go about "creating" these things.

/CL

hever
3rd March 2011, 4:49 AM
Tangela, maybe. But I dunno if I'd want to spend too much time around a Tangrowth... (http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&q=vaporotem#/d33ta31)

Mm.. I don't know. Maybe I want to be his best buddy.

Cobalt_Latios
3rd March 2011, 4:54 AM
There's also an interview with Suigmori and Masuda in this months issue of Nintendo Power. They said that around three times more Pokemon are designed than what they put in the game, and that the ones that make the cut are those that you'd want as a partner in battle, but don't look too ferocious. Also, they said that if the fans showed interest in a Pokemon side-scrolling game then they would love to make one, considering that Game Freak made side-scrollers before they moved onto Pokemon.
here's (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pulseman) two (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drill_Dozer)

And both are pretty damn good.

/CL

GaZsTiC
3rd March 2011, 6:27 AM
Pokemon + side scrolling = weird.

Chairman
3rd March 2011, 6:41 AM
I asked this on another thread but I got a different answer:

Can you name your rival? Or does it stay as Cheren?

AwesomeTree
3rd March 2011, 6:44 AM
I asked this on another thread but I got a different answer:

Can you name your rival? Or does it stay as Cheren?

Rivals can't be named this time around. You forgot Bianca. :)

Chairman
3rd March 2011, 6:50 AM
Rivals can't be named this time around. You forgot Bianca. :)

Well I don't really consider Bianca as a rival, not sure what i think of her actually.
But that sucks, every game i've played I called my rival 'TORU' because thats what I chose out of the list of names on my first game, it was kind of a tradition for me. I guess I call my self TORU...

Chimchar15
3rd March 2011, 7:12 AM
Well I don't really consider Bianca as a rival, not sure what i think of her actually.
But that sucks, every game i've played I called my rival 'TORU' because thats what I chose out of the list of names on my first game, it was kind of a tradition for me. I guess I call my self TORU...

Bianca is just as much a rival as Cheren. They both start their journey with you and battle you frequently. That's what I love about BW.

AwesomeTree
3rd March 2011, 7:13 AM
Bianca is just as much a rival as Cheren. They both start their journey with you and battle you frequently. That's what I love about BW.

They're more friends then rivals this time around. Or at least friendly rivals.

locomo
3rd March 2011, 7:14 AM
Too bad you dont get to name them.... If we got a name-able rival thatd be cool.

LimeStar
3rd March 2011, 7:20 AM
They've toned down the risque conversations in the Ferris Wheel, at least the Hiker one.
Can anyone with the game check what the others are, and how different they are to the original conversations?
I'm thinking the kindergartner one will probably have changed.

Mighty Arceus493
3rd March 2011, 7:47 AM
I agree. I hated the rival in Johto because he's too mysterious and boring and I hated Barry because he was too spaz to be a rival.

AwesomeTree
3rd March 2011, 7:56 AM
I agree. I hated the rival in Johto because he's too mysterious and boring and I hated Barry because he was too spaz to be a rival.I BET YOU ONE MILLION POKEDOLLARS I'LL BEAT YOU!
Yeah, cool story b(a)r(ry)o.

Wally was too much of a wimp. (And a name like Wally? Really?) I enjoy both the designs of Cheren and Bianca and the characters themselves. (Or the fan translations and analysations, at leat.)

@lexf@npokemon
3rd March 2011, 8:10 AM
Wally was too much of a wimp. (And a name like Wally? Really?) I enjoy both the designs of Cheren and Bianca and the characters themselves. (Or the fan translations and analysations, at leat.)

But...Wally's like...a real normal person name. Like Wally West (The Flash). And hey, despite his illness he made it all the way to Victory Road with Pokemon levels rivaling the Champion. And Cheren and Bianca are definitely awesome characters. In the ENGLISH intro of Black and White, Juniper says that Cheren is "a little difficult, but a very honest person" while Bianca is "a little flighty, but she works very hard". Totally awesome characters.

Chairman
3rd March 2011, 8:26 AM

Yeh, thats what I feel. I definatly Gary the most, he really was a rival

I do like both of the 'rivals' or whatever in this game, it's interesting how there is two, though i'm disapointed in their teams...

R_N
3rd March 2011, 8:27 AM
But...Wally's like...a real normal person name. Like Wally West (The Flash).
"It's a real name just like this comic book character!" :p

And hey, despite his illness he made it all the way to Victory Road with Pokemon levels rivaling the Champion. Actually Steven's Pokemon were ~12 levels higher than Wally.

And Cheren and Bianca are definitely awesome characters. In the ENGLISH intro of Black and White, Juniper says that Cheren is "a little difficult, but a very honest person" while Bianca is "a little flighty, but she works very hard". Totally awesome characters.
It's still a shame RSE didn't handle the whole two Rival thing as well as BW seem to. Bianca & Cheren get developed throughout the game (with, like, whole character arcs and stuff), you fight both about equally (Well, Cheren a couple more times), and you seem them around every corner.

Wally you see once in Mauville and then forget about him until the end of Victory Road because Brendan/May were the ones you were fighting the whole game. And they didn't even get a real final battle.

Hejiru
3rd March 2011, 10:46 AM
They've toned down the risque conversations in the Ferris Wheel, at least the Hiker one.
Can anyone with the game check what the others are, and how different they are to the original conversations?
I'm thinking the kindergartner one will probably have changed.

Now I'm curious, what exactly were these conversations...?

elorasheppard
3rd March 2011, 10:48 AM
;12044441Wally you see once in Mauville and then forget about him until the end of Victory Road because Brendan/May were the ones you were fighting the whole game. And they didn't even get a real final battle.

The last battle for Brendan/May is outside Lilycove department store right? I completely missed that because I didnt go there when I played the first time!! It wasn't exactly a climactic battle :)

I like that both rivals get a nice team and story this time.

Sabonea_Masukippa
3rd March 2011, 11:40 AM
It's still a shame RSE didn't handle the whole two Rival thing as well as BW seem to. Bianca & Cheren get developed throughout the game (with, like, whole character arcs and stuff), you fight both about equally (Well, Cheren a couple more times), and you seem them around every corner.

Seconded. Bianca and Cheren are awesome rivals and friends and there were a couple of points I really felt sorry for them. Plus, there was that moment when I realized that Cheren had gone from cool, smart and collected, to arrogant and out of his depth and Bianca had gone from ditzy and annoying to sure of herself and determined. It crept up on me so slowly it was really like ... idk, good story telling? (In a Pokemon game?!)

Ophie
3rd March 2011, 1:25 PM
Well in that case they should've just added an "em" to Sawk. RAWKEM SAWKEM. (God, I remember those things)

There are two problems there: It's too specific, and Nintendo could potentially get in trouble with the makers of Rockem Sockem Robots. Hasbro makes them, right? Hasbro has a history of going after anything that even slightly resembles their stuff without permission.

Non-grass special moves also include Round and Hyper Beam...

Would trying to abuse it in a double/triple battle work? Having a team mate hit it with ... random sharply attack lowering move and then going to town with its wider special move pool? Or is that my brain creating fantasy?

It'll work just fine, as long as Snivy's partner is faster than it. Double battles and triple battles are much friendlier towards Pokémon with limited types to work with because it's more likely your opponent will have a Pokémon vulnerable to that type. You only have to worry about type coverage for your Pokémon together, not on each Pokémon individually.

I just wanted to say that most of the french localization has been revealed today. Pokémon names, Cities/areas, Gym leaders, Elite4+Champion and CTs.
I'm really happy with most of them. TPCi did quite a good job even if some names etymology are still a complete mystery to me...

That's all. Going back to english/international aspects :P

That reminds me--why do the Spanish translations use the English names? If the French and German adaptations use their own names, why not the Spanish?

I mean...integration of people in Spanish-speaking areas with people in English-speaking areas is not a good reason, as we also have mingling of French and English around French Canada.

Other names (JP = EN):

Knock Down = Smack Down
Venom Shock = Venoshock
Level Ground = Bulldoze (I like this one)
Elec Web = Electroweb (I dunno if this was already known)
Sacred Sword = Sacred Sword
Wide Guard = Wide Guard
Flame Dance = Fiery Dance
Heat Stamp = Heat Crash (I really like this one, too)
Bark Out = Snarl
V-Generate = V-Create (...) (V-Cremate would have been better)

Death and all things related to it is a pseudo-taboo in western culture. To name an attack after cremation is insensitive at least and offensive at worst.

I ordered with one day shipping but it still says it'll arive on march 8, 2 days after the us release. Herp derp.

Others have told me Amazon will bring it to them between the 14th and the 17th. Consider yourself lucky.

Me, I'll be getting it from Toys R Us for the wall cling. I won't buy it online, as I can't risk the package getting stolen. Theft is distressingly common in my neighborhood.

Haha, can any Pokemon get both Steamroller and Bulldoze?
That would be amazing.

The Geodude line can learn both.

I thought Steamroller and Bulldoze were related moves, since they both concern construction equipment. Turns out they're not even the same type. Still, I guess that means a Graveler or Golem is an invaluable help if you want to pave a road.

Steamroller and Bulldoze? Really TPCi, really? What's next, Excavate?

Steamroller is Bug type, while Bulldoze is Ground... And seeing as Steamroller would require something that... well, "rolls", I can't really think of anything that could potentially use both.

But I do find it amusing how we have 2 construction based attacks this gen.

/CL

Well, I guess I wasn't the only one who thought they were connected after all.

In any case, there is a Sableye in the card game with Excavate as a Poké-Power, so the odds aren't zero.

I'm sure if you look elsewhere you'll be finding people raging.

Yeah, look no further than the PokéBeach Forums. Whatever rage you see here, it's ten times worse there, and usually for even smaller reasons. I was there when the Pokémon toys were released at Burger King, for instance, and there was a firestorm going on for weeks about it. Not even about the toys themselves, but about it being associated with hamburgers.

I saw this on Bulbagarden. I was thinking it may be that Special edition guide, but it looks a little thin to be a guide. Maybe this is our preorder bonus? Or Just Targets? Which would suck cause I preordered at gamestop.
I dunno, but I do want to see whats in it. I love art books.

-;248;

Target has no pre-order bonus aside from the $5 gift card that comes with every pre-order card they sell. If anything, it'll be sold separately, perhaps with the guides.

Scolipede learns Steamroller and Bulldoze, as well as Dig. Now I'm imagining a Scolipede with a steamroller for a front sprite and a bulldozer for a back sprite. I'm also thinking of a Scolipede with a Rocky Helmet, a spade in his stubby little arms, carrying some Sinnoh Undergroung gear and a rucksack.

Anyway.
Hilbert and Hilda? Pokémon is ruined...FOREVER!

Ah, Scolipede does too?

I guess the world's threshhold for fictional characters named Hilbert and Hilda has just been reached. I'm with you; Pokémon is henceforth ruined FOREVER (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RuinedFOREVER).

And no, I didn't add that part about Hilbert--it was already there when I

Those aren't even real names though.

she did not have any synergy with my team at all and couldn't fill any of the niches I needed. :(
SOME DAY

I do use a Tangrowth in one of my PBR teams. I also used another Tangrowth getting through HeartGold, from Mahogany Town (where I caught a Tangela) to the second round against the Elite Four and Lance. Tangrowth is remarkably effective against his Garchomp, due to Tangrowth's bodacious Defense and his Garchomp's inability to hit anything for super-effective damage.

Pokemon + side scrolling = weird.

Well, there WAS that Smurfs game badly reprogrammed into a Pikachu game. What was it called again? PokéPikachu Adventure?

Ah yes...it was simply called Pokemon Adventure. You played as a running, jumping Pikachu who collected Poké Balls. 100 of them granted you an extra life. There were four stages total, and it was actually ripped off from Sonic. Not sure which, since I don't recognize the stage design nor the music. Here's what it looks like. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_oOQbosLMU) Professor Oak tells you it's the end. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_wdJYGP_qk) Pulseman and Drill Dozer it is certainly not.

Dr. Leggs
3rd March 2011, 3:04 PM
Honestly, if Wally had a bit more character development and battles, he'd be my all-time favourite rival. I loved his choice of Pokemon and his story... So if R/S remakes happen I'm hoping he'll play a bigger part.

Kokoromori
3rd March 2011, 4:35 PM
Jeeze, am I the only one who was fine with all the rival characters?

pikalax
3rd March 2011, 4:44 PM
Geechisu = Ghetsis? Really? I thought they'd make his name much cooler than just Ghetsis. I mean, Akagi's name became Cyrus in the US release of Diamond and Pearl. That's cool, right?

Blueysicle
3rd March 2011, 4:49 PM
There are two problems there: It's too specific, and Nintendo could potentially get in trouble with the makers of Rockem Sockem Robots. Hasbro makes them, right? Hasbro has a history of going after anything that even slightly resembles their stuff without permission.

Haha, I realize that. I was joking. :P Still, it's given me an idea for nicknames to use if I ever catch a Throh and Sawk.

Yeah, look no further than the PokéBeach Forums. Whatever rage you see here, it's ten times worse there, and usually for even smaller reasons. I was there when the Pokémon toys were released at Burger King, for instance, and there was a firestorm going on for weeks about it. Not even about the toys themselves, but about it being associated with hamburgers.

Good lord. When the English Name list was leaked out back in January, there was one person there that was throwing a fit on the boards, putting sad messages in their sig and user titles, and said they were in tears because TPCi changed Cobalon into -gasp- Cobalion.

Go onto almost any video on Youtube about Pokemon, especially if it's about Generations III-V. Nine times out of ten the comments there are even worse. But then again, Youtube comments in general have been known to cause brain cell death in anyone that reads them...

UStrainer40137
3rd March 2011, 5:33 PM
I don't know if it was confirmed yet, but the Japanese versions of Black/White can connect to English ones without any problems.
1. I did a trade a few mins. ago with an owner of the English version (FC exchange and all)
2. New generation, potential new problems, wasn't sure, now I am.

Felix Thunderheart
3rd March 2011, 5:35 PM
Jeeze, am I the only one who was fine with all the rival characters?

No you not the only one. Fine with all of them to. Gary and Barry is my fav,

LexSuicune
3rd March 2011, 5:38 PM
I think Ghetsis is a rather cool name, I like that they managed to somehow stick with the original.

BW202
3rd March 2011, 5:41 PM
I think Ghetsis is a rather cool name, I like that they managed to somehow stick with the original.

I really like how it's an odd name to match up with his looks. Btw, +1 internetz to anyone who guesses my Abomasnow avatar meaning.

MagnetonNr1
3rd March 2011, 5:52 PM
I think all names of Geechisu/Ghetsis/G-Cis are allright :p

Blackjack the Titan
3rd March 2011, 8:17 PM
I think all names of Geechisu/Ghetsis/G-Cis are allright :p

Yes there's nothing wrong about it
It actually has that vibe that sounds evil to it. I wouldn't pick anything else.

Serebii
3rd March 2011, 8:20 PM
Seems that the Global Link is to undergo an aesthetic update soon

Blackjack the Titan
3rd March 2011, 8:37 PM
Has anyone claimed Golurk yet.

Mario with Lasers
3rd March 2011, 8:39 PM
Seems that the Global Link is to undergo an aesthetic update soon

I'd love if they added Shadow Tag Litwick to the Small Forest area.

You know.

Aesthetically.

Blazios
3rd March 2011, 8:42 PM

You know.

Aesthetically.

A shame that Litwick has no overworld sprite, then.

Dr. Leggs
3rd March 2011, 9:45 PM
Has anyone claimed Golurk yet.

Check the Claim a Pokemon Thread. Not here.

Ophie
3rd March 2011, 11:48 PM
Good lord. When the English Name list was leaked out back in January, there was one person there that was throwing a fit on the boards, putting sad messages in their sig and user titles, and said they were in tears because TPCi changed Cobalon into -gasp- Cobalion.

Go onto almost any video on Youtube about Pokemon, especially if it's about Generations III-V. Nine times out of ten the comments there are even worse. But then again, Youtube comments in general have been known to cause brain cell death in anyone that reads them...

The further back you go, the worse it gets. Generations 1 and 2 are the worst. Their nostalgia goggles are nearly opaque.

My YouTube account has about 10,000 subscribers, so I do read a lot of YouTube comments. I know exactly what you mean about there being a lot of headache-inducing comments.

BW202
4th March 2011, 12:26 AM
I cringe every time I see these compared to Digimon or are called cute "unlike the badass first generation designs".

R_N
4th March 2011, 12:40 AM

You know.

Aesthetically.

They'll add in a "night" version, with Litwicks & Lampents lighting your way

Blueysicle
4th March 2011, 12:44 AM
They'll add in a "night" version, with Litwicks & Lampents lighting your way

And consuming your soul while they're at it.

Dr. Leggs
4th March 2011, 12:45 AM
Ahh, nostalgia goggles... I still have so many friends who insist that Gen I is vastly superior to all others... So silly. I don't have a favourite generation; each one has its own strengths and weaknesses, that's all there is to it.

KickAsh
4th March 2011, 1:11 AM
The further back you go, the worse it gets. Generations 1 and 2 are the worst. Their nostalgia goggles are nearly opaque.

Go onto almost any video on Youtube about Pokemon, especially if it's about Generations III-V.
I like Gen III! I don't see why people hate on it so much. First of all, it introduced Mudkip, the second greatest starter meme of all time, and also you would think Gen III would get more love considering that almost 1/5 of every competitive team has a Blaziken on it.

Grei
4th March 2011, 1:29 AM
I like Gen III! I don't see why people hate on it so much. First of all, it introduced Mudkip, the second greatest starter meme of all time, and also you would think Gen III would get more love considering that almost 1/5 of every competitive team has a Blaziken on it.

Two Pokemon do not redeem a generation. I know I (in general) disliked the 3rd Gen designs when they were first released. I think it was because, after Gen 2 which had designs being very similar to Gen 1's, Gen 3 wasn't received well, having designs that deviated from what was once the "norm."

I dunno. To this day I think of Swalot and how much I dislike the designs of the 3rd Gen. For some reason, none of them have ever set in my mind that "these are Pokemon designs." They stick out, somehow.

(Which is probably my own fault, but that's beside the point... I think.)

Shneak
4th March 2011, 1:31 AM
I thought Gen II's designs were terrible, so Gen III was an improvement.

myriada
4th March 2011, 1:44 AM
Don't mind most names. But some bother me, like RSVP. It stands out because it doesn't have the word "Mail" in it. Also, it doesn't really give you an idea what the item is. I had to think for a while to realize that it's some anagram used in official letters. Wouldn't "Invite Mail" be better? It's a minor thing, so I guess I'm just whining over nothing but it would be really better if they put it in line with other mails.RSVP's name is actually "RSVP Mail".

ForeverFlame
4th March 2011, 1:46 AM
I just watched the finale on Youtube. This generation is clearly the best generation. Story-based, especially. I might get annoyed by this eventually, but I loved how N talked about fate, destiny, heroes, choices, truths, and ideals. Unlike the past games, Black and White had a clear-cut theme that it went with. One side against the other. Opposite points of view. Black and white.

I love to put on my nostalgia goggles occasionally and play the first two generations, along with their remakes, but their stories are nothing compared to Black and White's. Teams Magma and Aqua were a joke, so I'm not even going to bother talking about Ruby and Sapphire.

But on the subject of Ruby and Sapphire, I loved Hoenn's geography. Hoenn is my favorite region, even if the story and new Pokemon weren't the best.

Maverik
4th March 2011, 2:32 AM
I just watched the finale on Youtube

Was it English? If so, where did you watch it?

And yes, I do agree that although it isn't exactly that improved in storyline the character development is excellent in this generation.

Crimson_Blazer
4th March 2011, 3:03 AM
What are we calling the new encounter method? Like the shaky grass n dirtmound or w/e I think that's pretty awesome and can't wait till I get to see it in person

Silent Conversation
4th March 2011, 3:07 AM
The new shaking spot method seems interesting and a nice change. However, I just hope finding a shaking spot isn't too easy (or else there would be no point) or too difficult (then that would just be annoying if you want a Pokemon obtainable from the spots) to find. Hopefully we can count on Pokemon to make it at a moderate occurrence that will satisfy people.

Cobalt_Latios
4th March 2011, 3:14 AM
I just watched the finale on Youtube. This generation is clearly the best generation. Story-based, especially. I might get annoyed by this eventually, but I loved how N talked about fate, destiny, heroes, choices, truths, and ideals. Unlike the past games, Black and White had a clear-cut theme that it went with. One side against the other. Opposite points of view. Black and white.
Also, I consider Getchis pretty much the best villain we've had in a Pokemon game. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about here.

Teams Magma and Aqua were a joke, so I'm not even going to bother talking about Ruby and Sapphire.
Amusingly, Emerald combines both of them, so really neither are better than the other, which makes a lot of sense.

But on the subject of Ruby and Sapphire, I loved Hoenn's geography. Hoenn is my favorite region, even if the story and new Pokemon weren't the best.
Yeah, diving was a pretty cool concept back in the early '00s. If and when they make the RSE remake, I'd love to see a BW-esque animation for the diving. Wow. Saw one video of it, thought it was amazing.

/CL

Disgruntled Goat
4th March 2011, 3:41 AM
Yeah, I really don't know.
Really? You don't know if the two colors chosen for iPad - two of the most basic colors in existence, and the two colors that iApple gadgets are usually available in - were actually based on a Pokemon game? Oh Arceus there is no hope for some people.

Seriously though, Apple and Nintendo are the last companies you'd expect to work together. They are rivals, especially since Apple started taking chunks of the portable gaming market away from them.

I definatly Gary the most, he really was a rival
You accidentally a word.

The new shaking spot method seems interesting and a nice change. However, I just hope finding a shaking spot isn't too easy (or else there would be no point) or too difficult (then that would just be annoying if you want a Pokemon obtainable from the spots) to find. Hopefully we can count on Pokemon to make it at a moderate occurrence that will satisfy people.
Shaking spots probably appear on average once per route, although I saw 4 in Chargestone Cave. The major difficulty is getting to the spot without running into another Pokemon first! Also they sometimes appear in places you can't get to - I saw a few bubbling spots on water early in the game, before I even had Surf.

PS. Is there a nice blanket term for those spots? In grass they are 'shaking', on water 'bubbling' and in caves they are like 'dusty' spots or something (the dirt gets kicked up).

Xman96
4th March 2011, 4:15 AM
PS. Is there a nice blanket term for those spots? In grass they are 'shaking', on water 'bubbling' and in caves they are like 'dusty' spots or something (the dirt gets kicked up).

I would go with "Movement Spots".

Dr. Leggs
4th March 2011, 4:21 AM
Movement Spots or Rare Spots works for me.

Silent Conversation
4th March 2011, 4:21 AM
Shaking spots probably appear on average once per route, although I saw 4 in Chargestone Cave. The major difficulty is getting to the spot without running into another Pokemon first! Also they sometimes appear in places you can't get to - I saw a few bubbling spots on water early in the game, before I even had Surf.

Well then, I guess it's a good thing I decided not to put Drilbur/Excadrill on my team.

Dr. Leggs
4th March 2011, 4:23 AM
Not really. Repels easily solve that issue.

Silent Conversation
4th March 2011, 4:23 AM
Not really. Repels easily solve that issue.

I mean the ground spot only appearing on average once per area part.

Sabonea_Masukippa
4th March 2011, 4:47 AM
I find one appears once every one or two minutes, really. For instance, getting the other 2 monkeys in the forest only took half an hour and about 6 repels, even though they're relatively uncommon to be found.

DarumakkaImposter
4th March 2011, 5:08 AM
im STILL looking fo the monkeys ( red and blue) its taking forever. ill go with sabonea masukippa's idea

Blackjack the Titan
4th March 2011, 5:17 AM
I Didn't know that you could catch all three pan-monkeys. What does the simi- prefix represent?

Sabonea_Masukippa
4th March 2011, 5:20 AM
They're available in the forest before Skyarrow Bridge and in the forest where Zoroark's event happens, all in shaking spots. And simi- comes from simian (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/simian)

Crimson_Blazer
4th March 2011, 5:21 AM
Most likely simian. Which roughly means ape-like
ninja'd :(

Disgruntled Goat
4th March 2011, 1:26 PM
I mean the ground spot only appearing on average once per area part.

Sabonea is right, it's more like once every few minutes - probably 5+ minutes when you take into account the other wild/trainer battles you get drawn into.

It was just from my experience that a shaking spot appeared roughly once per route based on the time I was in them. But if you're in a place longer you will obviously see more 'rare spots'.

I was wondering, do the rare spots have any bearing on shinies at all? Like making it 1/4000 instead of 1/8000 or something.

Dr. Leggs
4th March 2011, 1:52 PM
Rare spots are normal encounters, so no.

The Eleventh
4th March 2011, 5:35 PM
Fraxure was the first Gen V Pokémon created: Link (http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/24299/news/a-pokmon-thats-too-strange-theres-no-such-thing-says-sugimori/).

I presume Haxorus was second, then, as it was previously said the Axew line was the first designed.

Grey Wind
4th March 2011, 5:40 PM
^ That's cool, Axew's line is one of my favs. I heard before that Haxorus was created first though?

Roxas013
4th March 2011, 5:47 PM
wat are rarespots exactly?

Wadeledge
4th March 2011, 5:50 PM
I was pretty sure I read a week or so ago that Haxorus was created first by "Newbie" then the pre-evos were created?

Grey Wind
4th March 2011, 5:51 PM
Roxas http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/wildchanges.shtml

^ Yeah that's what I heard too

BTW SpeedSuicune, have you been able to get the games yet? I checked Gamestop's website and they don't have them in stock (well where I live anyway)

Roxas013
4th March 2011, 5:55 PM
o.k. thanx

Tyrannotaur
4th March 2011, 6:08 PM
Yeah, diving was a pretty cool concept back in the early '00s. If and when they make the RSE remake, I'd love to see a BW-esque animation for the diving. Wow. Saw one video of it, thought it was amazing.

/CL

Isn't there diving in Black and White? I could have sworn it was an HM.

-;248;

Mario with Lasers
4th March 2011, 6:16 PM
Fraxure was the first Gen V Pokémon created: Link (http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/24299/news/a-pokmon-thats-too-strange-theres-no-such-thing-says-sugimori/).

I presume Haxorus was second, then, as it was previously said the Axew line was the first designed.

Ken Sugimori will be in London with Junichi Masuda tomorrow for a signing session that will take place at GAME in London's Oxford Street.

brb london

Dr. Leggs
4th March 2011, 6:25 PM
Isn't there diving in Black and White? I could have sworn it was an HM.

-;248;

There is. Thus, if there are R/S remakes, Dive will certainly be a part of the gameplay.

Tyrannotaur
4th March 2011, 6:27 PM
There is. Thus, if there are R/S remakes, Dive will certainly be a part of the gameplay.

Well I think Dive being an HM is an obvious nod that there will be remakes this gen. Are there even spots you can Dive down in B/W? My apologies if this is all on the main site, haven't fully looked it over, was trying not to spoil too much.

-;248;

Dr. Leggs
4th March 2011, 6:29 PM
Well, yes, if it appears as an HM, it would follow that you could use it in-game at some point. >_>

Blazios
4th March 2011, 6:50 PM
Just noticing while battling a Munna in Pinwheel Forest that Imprison's animation has yet again been changed in the English versions.

lindsy95
4th March 2011, 7:11 PM
How was it changed?

I didn't know it ever changed.... 0.0

R_N
4th March 2011, 7:33 PM
How was it changed?

I didn't know it ever changed.... 0.0

That's probably because no one's ever bothered using Imprison.

Serebii
4th March 2011, 7:35 PM
Just discovered Unity Tower's purpose

http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/unitytower.shtml

Nibbles4Ever
4th March 2011, 7:39 PM
Just discovered Unity Tower's purpose

http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/unitytower.shtml

That looks pretty cool. Thankis for sharing it =D

R_N
4th March 2011, 7:40 PM
An entire tower devoted to trade records

i love it

UStrainer40137
4th March 2011, 7:42 PM
Nice, I trade A LOT. So I'm going there right away!

.:Alex:.
4th March 2011, 7:45 PM
What about that 131st floor that people kept going on about? Is there anything on that? Does it even actually exist?

Nibbles4Ever
4th March 2011, 7:47 PM
Nice, I trade A LOT. So I'm going there right away!

I trade a lot as well. Can't wait to see it =D

Tyrannotaur
4th March 2011, 7:50 PM
Looks like I'll be using the GTS alot more this time around. That's pretty neat though. I wonder if it updates if you trade with that person again. I trade with my other games often, so that's why I'm curious. Cool stuff though.

-;248;

R_N
4th March 2011, 7:51 PM
What about that 131st floor that people kept going on about? Is there anything on that? Does it even actually exist?

Might have just been a rumor from before when we had no idea what it was for. I think some people assumed something for battles.

Serebii
4th March 2011, 7:53 PM
I'm trying to work out a list of all 131 floors, but the country list has 232 entries. It's weird

R_N
4th March 2011, 7:55 PM
I'm trying to work out a list of all 131 floors, but the country list has 232 entries. It's weird

Maybe, and this is going to be equally as weird, the list is split across versions?

Alternatively they don't want people to be crazy and try to get ALL THE COUNTRIES in their tower

Chimchar15
4th March 2011, 8:06 PM
So Gamesradar (http://www.gamesradar.com/ds/pokemon-black-white/review/pokemon-black-and-white-review/a-2011030319838142019/g-201004091000657031) and IGN (http://ds.ign.com/articles/115/1153589p1.html) gave their reviews on Pokemon Black and White today and both sites gave them a 9.0. Which is great but I have to disagree with some of the negatives from Gamesradar. The gym aspect is my favorite part of th game. Everytime I enter a new town, city, or island I make sure to save the best for last and battle the gym leader. That and the poketch thing. I don't feel the poketch not being in the game should count towards it's score. Other than that is was a very good review on both ends.

Nibbles4Ever
4th March 2011, 8:07 PM
So Gamesradar and IGN gave their reviews on Pokemon Black and White today and both sites gave them a 9.0. Which is great but I have to disagree with some of the negatives from Gamesradar. The gym aspect is my favorite part of th game. Everytime I enter a new town, city, or island I make sure to save the best for last and battle the gym leader. That and the poketch thing. I don't feel the poketch not being in the game should count towards it's score. Other than that is was a very good review on both ends.

Last month Nintendo Power also gave them a 9.0

4th March 2011, 8:32 PM

That is... bizzare. What the heck is making up a bunch of those entries? Isn't there only 200 odd countries? Unless they're getting really picky and including weird territories and stuff...

And big lol @ missing the Poketch. That thing was a gimmick at best.

hever
4th March 2011, 8:51 PM
So Gamesradar (http://www.gamesradar.com/ds/pokemon-black-white/review/pokemon-black-and-white-review/a-2011030319838142019/g-201004091000657031) and IGN (http://ds.ign.com/articles/115/1153589p1.html) gave their reviews on Pokemon Black and White today and both sites gave them a 9.0. Which is great but I have to disagree with some of the negatives from Gamesradar. The gym aspect is my favorite part of th game. Everytime I enter a new town, city, or island I make sure to save the best for last and battle the gym leader. That and the poketch thing. I don't feel the poketch not being in the game should count towards it's score. Other than that is was a very good review on both ends.

Mmm... Didn't HS/SS get 9.5s?

ForeverFlame
4th March 2011, 9:18 PM
That score is amazing for Black and White. It`s the best of the entire series, I believe.

I know HGSS got 8.8, and DP got 8 or 8.5, I forget.

Shneak
4th March 2011, 10:03 PM
The United Tower is interesting. Probably won't trade/visit much, but it's a neat idea.

Silent Conversation
4th March 2011, 10:33 PM
Wow, a 9.0. I'm trying to not to get my hopes up too high for this game, because I find that when your hopes are too high, you only get disappointed, but it's kind of difficult not to be more excited after that. Two... more... days...

kogawolfman
4th March 2011, 11:39 PM
Gamespot (http://www.gamespot.com/ds/rpg/pokemonds3/review.html?tag=topslot;thumb;4) gave it/them a 7.5.

Hejiru
5th March 2011, 1:58 AM
Gamespot (http://www.gamespot.com/ds/rpg/pokemonds3/review.html?tag=topslot;thumb;4) gave it/them a 7.5.

Those bastards.

IatosHaunted
5th March 2011, 2:00 AM

Yes, because SO many people still listen to what Gamespot thinks. this is why I never trust them any more. >.>

Blueysicle
5th March 2011, 2:01 AM
Gamespot gave it/them a 7.5.

Eight Point Eight (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/EightPointeight) in three, two, one...

Felix Thunderheart
5th March 2011, 2:06 AM
I find games with 6.0 rating fun some times and some games with 9.0 somethings suck. It all about people like what

Blazios
5th March 2011, 2:09 AM
I just noticed a little tidbit.

You know how Driftveil Drawbridge is supposed to look like Charizard's thigh and wings? Well one of the first NPCs in Driftveil says that the people of Driftveil also call the Driftveil Drawbridge the Charizard Bridge due to its elegant form.

ForeverFlame
5th March 2011, 2:21 AM
GameSpot Score 7.5
Critic Score 8.7
User Score 9.2

And the killer is the fact that the only "negative" about the game is the fact that it's the "same formula".

They have HGSS and Pt at 8.0. They're morons if they think that the Fifth Generation is inferior to the Fourth. The only thing that saved the Fourth Generation was HeartGold/SoulSilver, and they're tedious to play after a while due to the low, low levels (thanks to the fact that there are still two regions) and the old-fashioned story.

R_N
5th March 2011, 2:29 AM
People have been docking review points for being "the same formula" since 3rd gen. Best to just let it go at this point, most review scores barely matter at all (there's a number of "this game has a number of problems but other than that 9/10!" and such).

Missingno. Master
5th March 2011, 2:33 AM
Taking points off because the formula remains the same. It's ridiculous. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

GaZsTiC
5th March 2011, 2:33 AM
New COD game: "This is fantastic! These new maps and weapons are enough to keep me interested for a while! 10/10"

New Pokemon game: "Why don't they change this ****? It's always the same thing again and again. 8/10"

Drives. Me. Crazy.

Maverik
5th March 2011, 2:39 AM
Reviews don't mean ****, yet they still manage to instigate us.

Wonder what the point of reviews in the first place is.

(yes I do know, don't try to actually answer that)

ForeverFlame
5th March 2011, 2:49 AM
Gamespot feeds into Activision's hands. Sort of like how IGN feeds into Nintendo's hands, but still... I wish reviewers would stop mixing in their personal biases. The IGN review was especially bad for that. It sounded like a fan complaining about how Pokemon is ruined forever (even though they gave it a 9.0 due to contractual obligations).

The best thing about the Pokemon franchise is how review-proof it is. Look at Pokemon Battle Repetition and My Pokemon Storage Box. They sold like hot cakes despite being universally panned "expansion packs" to Diamond and Pearl.

Grei
5th March 2011, 3:00 AM
I thought we... knew about the United Tower? :/

And also, those scores mean nothing. If there's one thing I learned after playing games and reading reviews is that there's no use in stressing out over a particular person's opinion. What they like and dislike doesn't really tell you how you'll enjoy the game. Relying on reviews is rather stupid.

R_N
5th March 2011, 3:03 AM
I thought we... knew about the United Tower? :/

And also, those scores mean nothing. If there's one thing I learned after playing games and reading reviews is that there's no use in stressing out over a particular person's opinion. What they like and dislike doesn't really tell you how you'll enjoy the game. Relying on reviews is rather stupid.

We knew about it, but we had no idea what it was for.

Chairman
5th March 2011, 3:05 AM
Wow, a 9.0. I'm trying to not to get my hopes up too high for this game, because I find that when your hopes are too high, you only get disappointed, but it's kind of difficult not to be more excited after that. Two... more... days...

*cough* Black Ops *cough*

Grei
5th March 2011, 3:07 AM
We knew about it, but we had no idea what it was for.

Ah. Serebii's post on the main page made it sound like it was newly-discovered, which confused me.

Though I could have sworn what the United Tower is for is exactly what Serebii predicted it would be. :s

Shneak
5th March 2011, 3:10 AM
You know what would be a cool feature? If you could battle that person with the Pokemon you traded them. I don't know how that would work though.

R_N
5th March 2011, 3:12 AM
You know what would be a cool feature? If you could battle that person with the Pokemon you traded them. I don't know how that would work though.

It would probably have to record the team the trainer was currently using upon trading, I guess?

Blueysicle
5th March 2011, 3:15 AM
It would probably have to record the team the trainer was currently using upon trading, I guess?

Kind of like how the trainers in Secret Bases worked in R/S/E? But that was through mixing records, so I don't know if they could do that simultaneously with trading.

Shneak
5th March 2011, 3:15 AM

That could work too.

I mean, the trainer would use the Pokemon that you traded them in their exact same state as when you traded them. Same level, moves, etc.

It really serves no point, but it would be kind of neat.

Mario with Lasers
5th March 2011, 3:21 AM

I read the Unity Tower page with my mouth hanging open, as I could swear Serebii meant you could battle those trainers by visiting them.

Now I couldn't care less about it >:| I wanted a way to face a lv100 Blissey team, damnit.

Grei
5th March 2011, 3:34 AM
I read the Unity Tower page with my mouth hanging open, as I could swear Serebii meant you could battle those trainers by visiting them.

Now I couldn't care less about it >:| I wanted a way to face a lv100 Blissey team, damnit.

That is kind of off-putting. I don't see much use in the Unity Tower if all you can do is talk with people there. I mean, once you fill every floor, what else do you do with it? It feels as mundane as the Pokemon Musicals, even if trading is accomplishing something.

Cobalt_Latios
5th March 2011, 3:36 AM
So Gamesradar (http://www.gamesradar.com/ds/pokemon-black-white/review/pokemon-black-and-white-review/a-2011030319838142019/g-201004091000657031) and IGN (http://ds.ign.com/articles/115/1153589p1.html) gave their reviews on Pokemon Black and White today and both sites gave them a 9.0.
I was quite pleased with IGN's score... until I read the breakdown.

How the hell does "Graphics" get a 7.5, when they're the best we've seen in any Pokemon game yet?

Last month Nintendo Power also gave them a 9.0
Hey, I just got mine today :(.

But, I do like they're review. Bugs me that HG/SS got a 9.5, but hey, I'll chuck the extra .5 at nostalgia. ;).

Mmm... Didn't HS/SS get 9.5s?
Yep.

And the killer is the fact that the only "negative" about the game is the fact that it's the "same formula".
Actually... IGN was surprisingly lenient on that. They were more b!tching about the Pokemon designs themselves it seems.

They have HGSS and Pt at 8.0. They're morons if they think that the Fifth Generation is inferior to the Fourth. The only thing that saved the Fourth Generation was HeartGold/SoulSilver, and they're tedious to play after a while due to the low, low levels (thanks to the fact that there are still two regions) and the old-fashioned story.
Guess what HGSS has going for it though? Nostalgia. I still bought because I was excited to see my two first Pokemon games remade. I loved it!

I think I'll enjoy Black and White even more. It's just, that I think review scores are rather skewed in a bizarre way.

Taking points off because the formula remains the same. It's ridiculous. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
"But every other RPG changed their formula". And look at those ones now! They may have changed it, but it doesn't always mean it works out all that well. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't.

New COD game: "This is fantastic! These new maps and weapons are enough to keep me interested for a while! 10/10"

New Pokemon game: "Why don't they change this ****? It's always the same thing again and again. 8/10"

Drives. Me. Crazy.
Or...
"Bah, It's nothing like the first gen. that one will always be the best. Why can't they keep things like it used to be?"

In fact, I'll wait for Kotaku's review; at least that ones goes:

[paragraph for what the game's about, what you can expect from it]

What we Liked:
[Point A]
[Point B]
[Point C]
[extra if needed]

What we Didn't Like:
[Point A]
[Point B]
[extra if needed]

Ending Comments:
[Bottom Line]

No scores. Just the things you want to know about how good the game is, what kind of gameplay and such that it has to offer, and other little tidbits, while telling you the shortcomings in a explained and non-condescending notion. It's one of the big reasons I've switched over to them. And it's why I'm waiting for their review to see how much they liked it.

/CL

Shneak
5th March 2011, 3:41 AM
Yeah, I kind of had a sperg rant on there about how they give CoD: Black Ops a 9.0/10 when it's literally the same thing people play for, and a new one comes out every year.

A new Pokemon game with new Pokemon and new attacks and new features comes out, and it's recycled trash. There's even 2 new ways to battle.

R_N
5th March 2011, 3:44 AM
Yeah, I kind of had a sperg rant on there about how they give CoD: Black Ops a 9.0/10 when it's literally the same thing people play for, and a new one comes out every year.

A new Pokemon game with new Pokemon and new attacks and new features comes out, and it's recycled trash. There's even 2 new ways to battle.

2 new ways to battle that rarely show up in-game

Shneak
5th March 2011, 3:46 AM

They don't? Still, the Battle Subway and Online has it.

Maverik
5th March 2011, 3:49 AM

Multiplayer.

R_N
5th March 2011, 3:51 AM
They don't? Still, the Battle Subway and Online has it.
Serebii has a section on the site somewhere, it's like maybe half a dozen.
Subway only has Singles & Doubles

Shneak
5th March 2011, 3:56 AM
Serebii has a section on the site somewhere, it's like maybe half a dozen.
Subway only has Singles & Doubles

That sucks.

Mario with Lasers
5th March 2011, 3:59 AM
Yeah awesome guys, if Gamespot had given Black/White a 11/10, you'd all be fawning over it.

Reviews are "specialized opinions" and that's it. If you don't agree with them, fine, but calling them morons or bastards or whatever else just because you don't agree with the score is pathetic.

I'm late to the party and no one can stop me

ForeverFlame
5th March 2011, 5:00 AM
Gamefreak better improve on the Triple/Rotation Battles in Grey (and I think that the first gym should be closed like Viridian was, and you have to battle the trio at once for the fourth or fifth badge).

A triple battle against the Shadow Triad would be pretty sweet too.

DoubleJG3288
5th March 2011, 5:29 AM

I for one am hoping that changes somewhat drastically in the third installment. If anything, I would like to see a battle frontier facility (or something similar) that is all about triples and rotations.

R_N
5th March 2011, 5:32 AM
I for one am hoping that changes somewhat drastically in the third installment. If anything, I would like to see a battle frontier facility (or something similar) that is all about triples and rotations.

Ideally, Genius Sonority's next game will feature Double, Triple, and Rotation battles in full force, just like how Colosseum, XD, and PBR were largely Double-focused

Cobalt_Latios
5th March 2011, 5:36 AM
Ideally, Genius Sonority's next game will feature Double, Triple, and Rotation battles in full force, just like how Colosseum, XD, and PBR were largely Double-focused
Genius Sonority is pretty good in that respect... and yes, I'd like to see a full 3D battle sim to that degree. Curious to see how Triple battles would be done though...

edit: Oops, I meant rotation battles ><; my bad.

/CL

Blackjack the Titan
5th March 2011, 5:58 AM
I do believe that there will be a Battle Frontier and triple battles included to each facility for the third installment.
If they do include a Battle Frontier, I would love to see a Battle Hall. Did they replace the Battle Tower with the Subway? 'Cuz that would sukk. Another Arcade and Pyramid would be nice.
Gamefreak should really scrap the idea of the Battle Factory, or just replace it with something else.

Grei
5th March 2011, 6:06 AM
I do believe that there will be a Battle Frontier and triple battles included to each facility for the third installment.
If they do include a Battle Frontier, I would love to see a Battle Hall. Did they replace the Battle Tower with the Subway? 'Cuz that would sukk. Another Arcade and Pyramid would be nice.
Gamefreak should really scrap the idea of the Battle Factory, or just replace it with something else.

I dunno, I like the Battle Factory. It's nice getting to use Pokemon you wouldn't normally use, and it tests your ability as a trainer to adapt to unfamiliar Pokemon in the middle of battle. Sounds like a perfect battle facility to me.

I hope we get at least five facilities again, and that this time, they are more diverse. Sinnoh's/Johto's battle facilities all had the same mechanic: Battle a bunch of trainers consecutively. Emerald's BF was incredibly engaging and interesting and fun because, even though they all employed consecutive battling, the rules of each facility were very, very different from one another. 4th Gen only seemed to add in little gimmicks to each facility and kept them all roughly the same, and that made them boring.

R_N
5th March 2011, 6:22 AM

the Subway basically replaced the Tower, yes. They're effectively exactly the same

Rikudo Sennin
5th March 2011, 6:24 AM
I was quite pleased with IGN's score... until I read the breakdown.

How the hell does "Graphics" get a 7.5, when they're the best we've seen in any Pokemon game yet?

I think IGN's review is actually spot-on and unbiased, something I can't say for most people here. It gives it a lower score for the graphics because, let's face it, while greatly improved the back battle sprites are still a pixelated mess, and it deters from the overall polished look.
I've gotten used to it, but every now and then it really irks me, like the time I caught Kyurem and went to battle with him only to find out it looked hideous from the back, I could barely make out what it was.
They only look good when you're idle and the camera pans out, but that's not fun.

In fact, I'll wait for Kotaku's review; at least that ones goes:

[paragraph for what the game's about, what you can expect from it]

What we Liked:
[Point A]
[Point B]
[Point C]
[extra if needed]

What we Didn't Like:
[Point A]
[Point B]
[extra if needed]

Ending Comments:
[Bottom Line]

No scores. Just the things you want to know about how good the game is, what kind of gameplay and such that it has to offer, and other little tidbits, while telling you the shortcomings in a explained and non-condescending notion. It's one of the big reasons I've switched over to them. And it's why I'm waiting for their review to see how much they liked it.

/CL

How very wrong you are about Kotaku's review system. There WAS a time when they reviewed games like that, and I too thought it was the best way to review a game, but they stopped doing that.
They still don't give scores, but now they reviews are HORRIBLY scripted, like they're telling them what to say, and so conflictive that you don't know if a game is actually good or bad. They do praise good games, but there's no way to know since every review is pretty much the same, it's so conversational it's almost like it's a marketing strategy to get people to try out every game. Regardless, their reviews SUCK now, so I'd advise you to stay clear from them.
Besides, IGN gave the game a 9, that's pretty damn good for a pokemon game.

Chimchar15
5th March 2011, 6:33 AM
I always thought that a fun way to introduce triple battles in BW would be to have you, Cheren, and Bianca team up against Cilan, Chili, and Cress in the first gym battle. I know that's kind of a rough way to get introduced into gym battles and such but that idea has been on my mind since the games were released in Japan.

R_N
5th March 2011, 6:33 AM
I dunno, I like the Battle Factory. It's nice getting to use Pokemon you wouldn't normally use, and it tests your ability as a trainer to adapt to unfamiliar Pokemon in the middle of battle. Sounds like a perfect battle facility to me.

I hope we get at least five facilities again, and that this time, they are more diverse. Sinnoh's/Johto's battle facilities all had the same mechanic: Battle a bunch of trainers consecutively. Emerald's BF was incredibly engaging and interesting and fun because, even though they all employed consecutive battling, the rules of each facility were very, very different from one another. 4th Gen only seemed to add in little gimmicks to each facility and kept them all roughly the same, and that made them boring.

I hated the Emerald frontier...but I suppose I'd be willing to give it a fair shake if it was properly updated with the wonderful 4th gen conveniences

Also Emerald did basically the same "only add a gimmick" for several of the facilities.
Tower: Battle opponents consecutively
Dome: Battle opponents consecutively, but with only two Pokemon
Factory: Battle opponents consecutively but with Rentals and switching every round
Arena: Battle opponents consecutively but be judged on performance (dumb because ideally you want to hit the opponent as much as possible with taking as little damage yourself anyway, so deducting points because of Protect and friends is the only real change)
Palace: Battle opponents consecutively but you can't tell them what to do (DUMB DUMB DUMB DUMB DUMB)
Pike: Battle opponents consecutively, except sometimes you don't.

Pyramid is the only one that really deviated from this, being more like an extra dungeon for the game. Pike is a close second, and probably had the most variety. Both could, ideally, have you reach the end without fighting anything.

I always thought that a fun way to introduce triple battles in BW would be to have you, Cheren, and Bianca team up against Cilan, Chili, and Cress in the first gym battle. I know that's kind of a rough way to get introduced into gym battles and such but that idea has been on my mind since the games were released in Japan.

I was actually thinking about this earlier, and I think it would be quite the interesting choice. Three friends (and rivals) combining their strengths to get their first gym badge. Still gets the "HEY HEY DO YOU KNOW TYPE ADVANTAGES????" point across, while building character development for your rivals, and an introduction to one of the new battle styles. And this way, you're not at a major disadvantage of being limited to an off-type starter, an on-type monkey, 2 normals, and a dark.

But I'm not sure it'd be very fair to be at the mercy of two AI partners...

yeminied
5th March 2011, 6:48 AM

I have to disagree. Hoenn Battle Frontier seemed unprofessional. The Battle Pike and Pyramid weren't all about battling which isn't that the point of the Battle Frontier. Then there was the facility with Spencer where you couldn't choose your Pokemon's attacks. The whole place seemed sloppy with only two of the seven facilities being proper, professional facilities.

The Sinnoh and Johto Battle Frontier was much more professional with the facilities being purely about battling. The Battle Castle was unique with the Points system but not healing after the battle. The Battle Arcade was fun allowing you to change the tides of the battle making it more advantageous for you. Finally the last facility made you really think about the types of Pokemon you wanted to face.
All apart from the Battle Tower made you think about how you would conduct your seven(or ten) matches.

I really hope the Battle Subway is improved much like Diamond and Pearl to Platinum to include more facilities, especially a Battle Factory which will be really fun with the new Pokemon.

Chimchar15
5th March 2011, 6:50 AM
I hated the Emerald frontier...but I suppose I'd be willing to give it a fair shake if it was properly updated with the wonderful 4th gen conveniences

Also Emerald did basically the same "only add a gimmick" for several of the facilities.
Tower: Battle opponents consecutively
Dome: Battle opponents consecutively, but with only two Pokemon
Factory: Battle opponents consecutively but with Rentals and switching every round
Arena: Battle opponents consecutively but be judged on performance (dumb because ideally you want to hit the opponent as much as possible with taking as little damage yourself anyway, so deducting points because of Protect and friends is the only real change)
Palace: Battle opponents consecutively but you can't tell them what to do (DUMB DUMB DUMB DUMB DUMB)

Pyramid is the only one that really deviated from this, being more like an extra dungeon for the game. Pike is a close second, and probably had the most variety. Both could, ideally, have you reach the end without fighting anything.

I was actually thinking about this earlier, and I think it would be quite the interesting choice. Three friends (and rivals) combining their strengths to get their first gym badge. Still gets the "HEY HEY DO YOU KNOW TYPE ADVANTAGES????" point across, while building character development for your rivals, and an introduction to one of the new battle styles. And this way, you're not at a major disadvantage of being limited to an off-type starter, an on-type monkey, 2 normals, and a dark.

But I'm not sure it'd be very fair to be at the mercy of two AI partners...

Completely agree. This is the only thing I would fear out of that situation. I remember some of the team battle you had in D/P/Pt and while they were fun it was really frustrating at how incompetent the AI could be.

Chaos Rush
5th March 2011, 6:50 AM
Um, please excuse me if I'm late to the party, but I didn't find anything in this thread, so here goes:

So I was looking at the Pokemon Black/White thread at Sonic Retro, and some guy who apparently has a European copy posted this screenshot:
http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lhjudgiwUH1qaersco1_400.png
This is what happens when you catch a Pokemon in R/S/E/FR/LG, migrate it to D/P/Pt/HG/SS, then PokeTransfer it to B/W.

R_N
5th March 2011, 6:54 AM
Woah, that's actually a really cool touch.
3 years from RSEFRLG to DPtHGSS, then a number of years between then and BW.
I'm surprised they bothered with such a detail, actually!

Tyrannotaur
5th March 2011, 7:01 AM
Interesting. Maybe the Ruby and Sapphire remakes will be set in the future after the original games or something? But that's for another thread.

Also notice the Gardevior's name. I wonder if he named it like "Gardevior" or if it was originally "GARDEVIOR" and B/W changed the casing of the letters. Have we confirmed or denied if it does that yet?

-;248;

Mario with Lasers
5th March 2011, 7:01 AM
I'm telling you guys, we won't be getting R/S remakes, we'll be getting RSE sequels. I AM A WIZARD

I hated the Emerald frontier...

I never thought I'd live to this day.

Don't forget you couldn't switch out, so you had to take that into account to (oh boy I just lost my Zapdos to this Tyranitar OH GOD GYARADOS), specially against Greta (lol Shedinja)

It wasn't *difficult* to get how it worked but I never really bothered and oh god how I hated that place.

Curiously, those were the two I liked the most in Emerald's and missed the most in Sinnoh's... And their Brains were the Queen and King.

PLEASE MAKE A COMEBACK LUCY

Chaos Rush
5th March 2011, 7:03 AM
Interesting. Maybe the Ruby and Sapphire remakes will be set in the future after the original games or something? But that's for another thread.

Also notice the Gardevior's name. I wonder if he named it like "Gardevior" or if it was originally "GARDEVIOR" and B/W changed the casing of the letters. Have we confirmed or denied if it does that yet?

-;248;
I seriously doubt they'll make PokeTransfered Pokemon still have their name in CAPSLOL, so I'm assuming B/W changes the casing of the letters.

R_N
5th March 2011, 7:07 AM
I'm telling you guys, we aren't getting R/S remakes, we'll be getting RSE sequels. I AM A WIZARD

I never thought I'd live to this day.

IT WAS JUST SO uhgahlsd;alsj
The streaks took ages to get through, the BP output was terrible, the rules were ridiculous at times, there was no "flat level" feature so you pretty much needed everyone at level 100, most facilities were argleblarglhe

DPtHGSS bumped up the BP gain, reduced streaks to a more respectable rate, and the flat rule was bliss. I hear CO-op was nice, too. I thought the facilities overall were more fun, too, but eh

Don't forget you couldn't switch out, so you had to take that into account to (oh boy I just lost my Zapdos to this Tyranitar OH GOD GYARADOS), specially against Greta (lol Shedinja)

Battle Frontier: The only place where Shedinja makes you rage with hate.

It wasn't *difficult* to get how it worked but I never really bothered and oh god how I hated that place.
Because clearly the Frontier simply wasn't luck-based enough.

Curiously, those were the two I liked the most in Emerald's and missed the most in Sinnoh's... And their Brains were the Queen and King.

PLEASE MAKE A COMEBACK LUCY
Yeah, the Pike was actually pretty fun I thought. The most enjoyable of the bunch bar none, at least.

Serebii!
5th March 2011, 7:18 AM
What if you have a pokemon that is nicknamed with all capital letters?

Mario with Lasers
5th March 2011, 7:32 AM
IT WAS JUST SO uhgahlsd;alsj
The streaks took ages to get through, the BP output was terrible, the rules were ridiculous at times, there was no "flat level" feature so you pretty much needed everyone at level 100, most facilities were argleblarglhe

Couldn't you try it at level 50? I'm sure I didn't have to resort to cloning Rare Candies to have an usable team for the Pike...

DPtHGSS bumped up the BP gain, reduced streaks to a more respectable rate, and the flat rule was bliss. I hear CO-op was nice, too. I thought the facilities overall were more fun, too, but eh

I liked all the three new facilities (although Roulette could have been a *bit... more thought-out, I guess), I just felt the Frontier was too cramped in that Battle Area... that island was gigantic, couldn't they have made it better... Emerald's Frontier was awesome because it felt like Disneyland (lol), Sinnoh's looks like Akihabara.

Battle Frontier: The only place where Shedinja makes you rage with hate.

That, and in an Uber battle using Kyogre/Zekrom. Ergh.

R_N
5th March 2011, 7:50 AM
Couldn't you try it at level 50? I'm sure I didn't have to resort to cloning Rare Candies to have an usable team for the Pike...

But my team had a tendency to lean towards uneven levels

Really annoying.

Tyrannotaur
5th March 2011, 8:47 AM
What if you have a pokemon that is nicknamed with all capital letters?

I'd assume it would stay how it is. My guess is it only renames pokemon who don't have a nickname and would otherwise be all capital letters.

Of course I'm just taking a wild guess here.
-;248;

XD_LOL
5th March 2011, 9:13 AM
I'd assume it would stay how it is. My guess is it only renames pokemon who don't have a nickname and would otherwise be all capital letters.

Of course I'm just taking a wild guess here.
-;248;

Well I thought un-nicked named pokemon would decapitalise, but, i just used the relocator in Castelia City to transfer my wifi event Entei ... and its name is all in capitals... gutted

5th March 2011, 9:20 AM
How very wrong you are about Kotaku's review system. There WAS a time when they reviewed games like that, and I too thought it was the best way to review a game, but they stopped doing that.
They still don't give scores, but now they reviews are HORRIBLY scripted, like they're telling them what to say, and so conflictive that you don't know if a game is actually good or bad. They do praise good games, but there's no way to know since every review is pretty much the same, it's so conversational it's almost like it's a marketing strategy to get people to try out every game. Regardless, their reviews SUCK now, so I'd advise you to stay clear from them.
Does anyone still visit Kotaku since they butchered their site's design?

Maxim
5th March 2011, 10:48 AM
The NoA's new translators are taking their translation job way too seriously.

In Dreamyard there's a female Psychic named Mirai in Japanese. Her English name is... "Psychic Future".

God. Translating the names literally...

*facepalm at NoA*

I wonder if there's a trainer named Hikaru in the game. If yes, then I'm sure that his/her English name is Light.

Blackjack the Titan
5th March 2011, 1:11 PM
So when we add Sinnoh's three new facilities plus the two dungeon facilities (Pike and Pyramid) to the Subway and Factory, we could get a perfect Battle Frontier.
But what kind of Facility would you like to see in the next Battle Frontier? What style of battling would it be?
I made my vision of a new Battle Frontier, and it included a Subway. I was glad nintendo made some kind of facility involving trains, since the Tower is too basic.
I wanna see a Facility for little Pokémon battles. Level 5 max just like Sunny Park Colosseum. Mira from D/P/Pt could be its Brain.

lindsy95
5th March 2011, 1:19 PM
The NoA's new translators are taking their translation job way too seriously.

In Dreamyard there's a female Psychic named Mirai in Japanese. Her English name is... "Psychic Future".

God. Translating the names literally...

*facepalm at NoA*

I wonder if there's a trainer named Hikaru in the game. If yes, then I'm sure that his/her English name is Light.

I thought light was hikari?
-shrug- My mistake if I'm wrong...

Yeah, I read somewhere that they removed the freeis wheel trainers entireley (aside from N). Why didn't they just change the text?

Hejiru
5th March 2011, 1:44 PM
What is this removed ferris wheel material I keep hearing about?

Sabonea_Masukippa
5th March 2011, 1:44 PM
I'm telling you guys, we won't be getting R/S remakes, we'll be getting RSE sequels. I AM A WIZARD

I think you may turn out to be. ;)

Also, I've finally decided to not bother with an English copy of BW, since I've put so much work into my Japanese copy. Ah, 6 months extra of BW. :P

Missingno. Master
5th March 2011, 2:01 PM
I think you may turn out to be. ;)

...Is this based on a reasonable assumption, or do you know something we don't? Either way, remake or sequel, we all know we'll be revisiting the Hoenn region eventually. Nintendo loves their money, and remakes are a good way to haul in the cash.

So. The ferris wheel. Is it true they've toned down/eliminated the innuendos and double entendres?

Also, I remember Serebii reporting that an NPC revealed the Japanese official name of EVs to be Base Points. What would the English name be? Anyone know yet?

Sabonea_Masukippa
5th March 2011, 2:18 PM
...Is this based on a reasonable assumption, or do you know something we don't?

I wish I did know something, but at the moment it's based on something less than a hunch. Also, because as much as I love the Hoenn Region and Pokemon the story in Hoenn was... not handled well, imo, and I'd kinda like then to have another crack at it.

Hejiru
5th March 2011, 2:46 PM
So. The ferris wheel. Is it true they've toned down/eliminated the innuendos and double entendres?

What did the original say...?

Xman96
5th March 2011, 3:09 PM
What did the original say...?

I don't remeber specifics, but it was pretty bad. At least, it could definately be read that way, and you wouldn't even need a dirty mind.

Grey Wind
5th March 2011, 3:26 PM
^ A guy at the front said 'wanna play a game' didn't he?

Dr.Pikachu
5th March 2011, 3:38 PM
Is It Confirmed That We Will Be Able To Walk With Our Pokemon Yet?

Aurath8
5th March 2011, 3:54 PM

We cannot walk with our pokemon outside their pokeball like HGSS.

Dr.Pikachu
5th March 2011, 3:55 PM
We cannot walk with our pokemon outside their pokeball like HGSS.

But There Are Picture Of The Trainers Standing Beside Pokemon?

Maverik
5th March 2011, 4:05 PM
But There Are Picture Of The Trainers Standing Beside Pokemon?

That happens in every game.

bobandbill
5th March 2011, 4:08 PM
It's only really in the Dream World, and even then I don't believe they actually follow you. Some NPCs in the overworld have always had a pokemon by them.

bobandbill
5th March 2011, 4:09 PM
It's only really in the Dream World, and even then I don't believe they actually follow you. Some NPCs in the overworld have always had a pokemon by them.

Dr.Pikachu
5th March 2011, 4:14 PM
i didn't mean npcs i ment that there of pictures of the character your controlling next to your starter

Tyrannotaur
5th March 2011, 4:28 PM
i didn't mean npcs i ment that there of pictures of the character your controlling next to your starter

Where? I haven't seen anything like that. There are overworld sprites for most of the pokemon (I'm unsure about all the Unova ones) but those are for when you move something from Dreamworld. Walking with your pokemon was deconfirmed when the game came out in Japan. Hopefully in the 3rd game or if we get Ruby and Sapphire remakes, but for now no walking with your pokemon, sorry.

-;248;

KickAsh
5th March 2011, 4:41 PM

Yeah, I read somewhere that they removed the freeis wheel trainers entireley (aside from N). Why didn't they just change the text?

There were innuendos? Like what? I didn't hear about that.
And did they really remove the Ferris wheel trainers instead of changing the text?

I appear to be totally in the dark, sorry :/

We can't, and I'm pretty sure that was cleared up towards the beginning, sorry. If you really have seen screenshots of playable characters walking with their Pokemon, though, I'd like to know where you found them.

I wish I did know something, but at the moment it's based on something less than a hunch. Also, because as much as I love the Hoenn Region and Pokemon the story in Hoenn was... not handled well, imo, and I'd kinda like then to have another crack at it.
Interesting. I agree the story was not well done, but maybe instead of a direct sequel they just sort of re-do the same story and try to make it clearer/better in a remake. For me, the villainous teams were the worst part of Gen 3's story. Increasing the size of the ocean? That's dumb. If a remake was made, it would be cool to see Team Rocket in Hoenn, imo.

Dr. Leggs
5th March 2011, 4:48 PM
Unfortunately that's been removed. So sad :'c

But yes, could anybody confirm what they did with the Ferris Wheel dialogues?

CaptainCombusken
5th March 2011, 4:55 PM
Bianca has a Stutter... that's gonna annoy me now for the rest of the game.

Yep, I got the game earlier today! Chose Oshawott, and am literally just about to enter Striaton city for the first time after beating Bianca!

But that stutter...

Silent Conversation
5th March 2011, 4:57 PM
Bianca has a stutter? Well, that's a bit... random.

CaptainCombusken
5th March 2011, 5:05 PM
It appears every so often. I think it's just when she's a little unsure of herself, but it's still annoying...

EDIT: Not sure if this has already been mentioned, but instead of"It flinched!", when a Pokemon flinches, the text is:
"It flinched and couldn't move!" I like it. It's just a little nicer.
And Yes, I am going into this in detail.

Dr. Leggs
5th March 2011, 5:13 PM
Well, that's good. A little more explanation is always nice. :0

KickAsh
5th March 2011, 5:18 PM
Bianca has a stutter? Well, that's a bit... random.
It's probably because she has no self-confidence due to the WINNING parenting techniques employed by her father. It actually makes a lot of sense she has a stutter.

It appears every so often. I think it's just when she's a little unsure of herself, but it's still annoying...
It's not as if the text didn't move slow enough already.

luxrayshock
5th March 2011, 5:19 PM
It's probably because she has no self-confidence due to the WINNING parenting techniques employed by her father. It actually makes a lot of sense she has a stutter.

It's not as if the text didn't move slow enough already.

can't you speed up the text like in the old games?

CaptainCombusken
5th March 2011, 5:25 PM
The Striaton gym is really annoying, and that's just the trainers. Then monkeys' defence is woeful, and guess what? Most of the Pokemon used use physical moves. Grr...
Training for me then!

KickAsh
5th March 2011, 5:36 PM
Probably, I don't know though. But for me, the fast text is barely fast enough. So someone with a stutter will slow things down even more. But it's probably just me.

Blackjack the Titan
5th March 2011, 5:48 PM
They're probably gonna speed up the text in the third installment. Maybe they'll even add the "walk w/ your Pokémon" feature. Both would be great.
Who's Bianca's father?

KickAsh
5th March 2011, 5:54 PM
They're probably gonna speed up the text in the third installment. Maybe they'll even add the "walk w/ your Pokémon" feature. Both would be great.
Who's Bianca's father?
Don't think he gets a name, but he's an ***hole who is overprotective and doesn't give his daughter any credit. He doesn't let her go on her Pokemon journey because he's all like "There's no way you can do it, you suckkk". She stands up to him and goes anyway but then he FOLLOWS HER to Nimbasa City, where he demands she comes back home. It takes Elesa, a Gym Leader, to finally convince Bianca's father that Bianca is capable of taking care of herself.

Sponge
5th March 2011, 5:55 PM
It's odd how the Cilan in the anime seems so suave and sophisticated. While the in game Cilan seems like such a bumbling idiot...

KickAsh
5th March 2011, 5:59 PM
It's odd how the Cilan in the anime seems so suave and sophisticated. While the in game Cilan seems like such a bumbling idiot...
You know how the anime screws things up. They probably didn't want Ash to have an idiot as a traveling partner, because who would watch that?

TristaPaige
5th March 2011, 6:04 PM
Idk if it has been discussed already or not, but what are the gym leaders like in BW?

Sponge
5th March 2011, 6:05 PM
You know how the anime screws things up. They probably didn't want Ash to have an idiot as a traveling partner, because who would watch that?

People watch Ash and he's an idiot though. Imagine forgetting how to catch a pokemon.....

KickAsh
5th March 2011, 6:21 PM
People watch Ash and he's an idiot though. Imagine forgetting how to catch a pokemon.....
Well Ash is an endearing idiot. Cilan is just an idiot with an ego. It's the worst kind of idiot.

R_N
5th March 2011, 6:53 PM
I imagine Iris' personality was changed for the anime, too, right?

Seems to be a common theme. Brock became a fatherly breeeder (also a perv), Misty lost the vanity but became quite the loudmouth, Jasmine took a complete 180 in personality, Sabrina's creepiness was upped to 11, and I'm sure there's a few others I missed.

Grey Wind
5th March 2011, 7:15 PM
^ Not really. Iris is still kind've hyper in the games. She appoints herself as Bianca's bodygaurd =p

Xman96
5th March 2011, 7:17 PM
^ Not really. Iris is still kind've hyper in the games. She appoints herself as Bianca's bodygaurd =p

That sounds funny. Too bad thata I will have to wait to see that until my playthrough of white, which I am doing after Black.

5th March 2011, 7:50 PM

Of course you can. It's even faster than the previous games, if anything.

Where? I haven't seen anything like that. There are overworld sprites for most of the pokemon (I'm unsure about all the Unova ones) but those are for when you move something from Dreamworld. Walking with your pokemon was deconfirmed when the game came out in Japan. Hopefully in the 3rd game or if we get Ruby and Sapphire remakes, but for now no walking with your pokemon, sorry.
The HGSS overworld sprites have been carried over, but are mainly used for the Entralink forest I believe. Definitely no Unova Pokemon sprites.

There were innuendos? Like what? I didn't hear about that.
And did they really remove the Ferris wheel trainers instead of changing the text?
They had very sexually suggestive dialogue. I'm surprised they would actually include that in a Pokemon game in the first place to be honest. Not that I think it should have been edited/removed...

Dr. Leggs
5th March 2011, 8:05 PM
Japan's much more open with that stuff so I dunno if it had the same reaction there.

MagnetonNr1
5th March 2011, 8:13 PM
I can't seem to find any Ferry's Wheel trainers in my German version. I think they removed them...

lindsy95
5th March 2011, 8:17 PM
They could have very easily changed the text instead of removing them, though.

KickAsh
5th March 2011, 8:18 PM
They had very sexually suggestive dialogue. I'm surprised they would actually include that in a Pokemon game in the first place to be honest. Not that I think it should have been edited/removed...
Oh. O_o Strange, I guess Nintendo just wanted to mess with the millions of people who love their franchise. I would probably do the same.

Seems to be a common theme. Brock became a fatherly breeeder (also a perv), Misty lost the vanity but became quite the loudmouth, Jasmine took a complete 180 in personality, Sabrina's creepiness was upped to 11, and I'm sure there's a few others I missed.
Yeah in the games Brock is really boring and has a kind of baseless ego, but in the anime he's totally different. And Sabrina in the anime...oh my God that was horrifying. Saw her when I was like 5 and couldn't stay alone in a room for like 2 weeks.

Iris is still kind've hyper in the games. She appoints herself as Bianca's bodygaurd =p
Haha that does sound funny. Is she a know-it-all in the games? Because Miss Smartypants Iris from the anime is really annoying.

I can't seem to find any Ferry's Wheel trainers in my German version. I think they removed them...
Damn. I was hoping that just maybe GF would keep them. I was relying on those guys to help me train for Elesa or to just level up in general.

R_N
5th March 2011, 8:30 PM
MagnetonNr1, have you beat Elesa yet?

Seems you need to beat her (and I'm guessing wait another day) before the Ferris Wheel stuff happens.

Sapphire Kirby
5th March 2011, 8:33 PM
Yes TPCi, you sure are a group of geniuses. If you don't like something, its best to take out the entire feature rather than change a few lines of text. Because we all know how short 6 months can be. [/sarcasm]

Haha that does sound funny. Is she a know-it-all in the games? Because Miss Smartypants Iris from the anime is really annoying. I still wonder why people would find annoying hypocrites that are full of themselves to be funny and worthwhile characters.

They probably weren't removed, but you need to wait to fight them.

Probably like how RSE prevented rematches until you beat Norman, or how HGSS had you wait until you beat Clair. I thought their Pokemon stayed the same level in the rematch. Either way, I hope you are right.

MagnetonNr1
5th March 2011, 8:34 PM
MagnetonNr1, have you beat Elesa yet?

Seems you need to beat her (and I'm guessing wait another day) before the Ferris Wheel stuff happens.

Well... no, I haven't defeated her... but thanks... if that's true... :p

R_N
5th March 2011, 8:37 PM
Yes TPCi, you sure are a group of geniuses. If you don't like something, its best to take out the entire feature rather than change a few lines of text. Because we all know how short 6 months can be. [/sarcasm]

Pretty sure he was referring to them taking out the walking Pokemon feature.
Or the Innuendos, which would involve re-writing the lines of dialog anyway

Dr. Leggs
5th March 2011, 8:39 PM
I meant walking Pokemon, yeah. XD

R_N
5th March 2011, 8:41 PM
Well... no, I haven't defeated her... but thanks... if that's true... :p

There's always a catch to things you refight, always remember that!

Sapphire Kirby
5th March 2011, 8:46 PM
Sorry, I'll find a better quote for that, then. Thats what I get for skimming through text.

Out of curiosity, am I the only one bummed that you can't get ribbons in B/W? Even without contest, they could have given out ribbons for defeating Alder or beating the Subway Masters. The Effort Ribbon could have been given out, as I heard there is still a person who checks if your EVs are maxed.

Grey Wind
5th March 2011, 9:22 PM
@KickAsh - I dunno, really (I'm only at Castelia). She didn't do much except get lost in the big city. Although, after Bianca got her Munna back, she insisted on being shown around and pushes Bianca out the door =p (despite Bianca's protests)

KickAsh
5th March 2011, 9:51 PM
I dunno, really (I'm only at Castelia). She didn't do much except get lost in the big city. Although, after Bianca got her Munna back, she insisted on being shown around and pushes Bianca out the door =p (despite Bianca's protests)
Sigh. Yeah that really does sound like the Iris of the anime. Let me know what she says about the gym battle.

The Eleventh
5th March 2011, 11:34 PM

EDIT: Not sure if this has already been mentioned, but instead of"It flinched!", when a Pokemon flinches, the text is:
"It flinched and couldn't move!" I like it. It's just a little nicer.
And Yes, I am going into this in detail.

Also, when you forget a move, it says "1, 2, 3 and. . . Ta-da!" instead of "1, 2, 3 and. . . Poof!" It's much better. "Poof" made little sense.

KickAsh
5th March 2011, 11:36 PM
Also, when you forget a move, it says "1, 2, 3 and. . . Ta-da!" instead of "1, 2, 3 and. . . Poof!" It's much better. "Poof" made little sense.
I think "poof" was used because isn't that generally the noise used for when things disappear....?

Dr. Leggs
5th March 2011, 11:56 PM
Poof made perfect sense. As in, poofing out of existence; the general usage of the sound.

The Oncoming Storm
6th March 2011, 12:16 AM
Yeah will some one translate the ferris wheel inuendo. PLZ!!!

m190049
6th March 2011, 3:26 AM
Yeah will some one translate the ferris wheel inuendo. PLZ!!!
Note, the person you go on the Ferris Wheel with depends on the season.
Listed is the gender of the person you're with, and the season it happens.

Ferris Wheel Dialogue

Ahhh, it's been sweltering day after day, and now I'm getting sleepy...
Hey, you there, you got a sec?
I'd like to take a ride on this Ferris wheel, buuut...
This one's a dual-rider, so I can't ride it all on my ownsome.
So, if it's okay with you, would you sit with me?
I can't give you much in return, but I'll fight you with this Pokémon I raised real good! [ Yes / No ]
[ No ]
Alright... I guess I'll let you off if you're worried. Well, I'll find somebody else!
Sorry, but thank you muchly anyway!
[ Yes ]
Huh? Seriously? Thank yooou! You seem like a good girl!
Alright, now to introduce you to my super-beloved Pokémon!
(Battle with Breakdancer Haruo, who has a Darumakka. "Owow... How is it you're so strong?")
Err... White, is it?
Wow! You're super awesome!
From the looks of you, I thought, man, she couldn't beat anybody I know!
I thought you were just kinda cute, but your Pokémon are stylin' too! Talk about rad!
Now, then...
Alright, let's get on this Ferris wheel already!
(They get on.)
...Risin' up, risin' up... Whoa, this is surprisingly speedy.
Oh! C'mere for a sec! C'mon - huh?... Aah... ... ...
... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...
(They get off.)
...Eh?
Am I alright?
Y-Yeah, I'm fine, just fine! It ain't nothin' at all!
... ... ...White, thank you muchly for today!
I used to think the Ferris wheel was just for little kids, but hoo-whee...
That view is just beautiful... It's just so... thrilling...
Yeah, I don't think it'd be such a bad idea to do this again from time to time!
If you want, let's ride again sometime! See ya, White!

Oh! If it isn't White!
U-Um, if it's alright, wanna play with me?
I mean, as in, a Pokémon battle... and then a ride on the Ferris wheel? [ Yes / No ]
[ No ]
Alright... Sorry, that was unreasonable of me.
Well, anytime you got time to spare, gimme a holler! See ya, White!
[ Yes ]
Huh? Yes? Seriously?! YESSS! Thank yooou!! You're so good to me!
Okay, I'm getting ahead of myself, but let's have a Pokémon battle!
(Same as the first battle.)
Aah! So sad!!
As ever, you really are pretty strong!
You think you could aim to be the Champion one of these days? If I were you, White, I wouldn't count that out as just some fantasy! I'm behind you all the way!
Now, then...
Alright, let's get on this Ferris wheel already!
(They get on.)
...Risin' up, risin' up... Whoa, this is surprisingly speedy.
Oh! C'mere for a sec! C'mon - huh?... Aah... ... ...
... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...
(They get off.)
... ... ... ... ... ...
Oh, sorry, sorry... I was just thinking to myself.
There's something about it...
The time I spend playing with you seems to go by too fast, White! Time is short! Don't you think...?
Haha, well, don't you worry your little head about it!
Thank you muchly! Let's play again! Bye-bye, White!
These hot days just keep coming...
Hm? What's up...? Perhaps you had an interest in this Ferris wheel?
Unfortunately for you, this Ferris wheel is a two-rider, so you won't be able to ride it on your own.
... ... ...Right.
Would you battle with me? Should you win the battle, I shall allow you to ride the Ferris wheel with me.
How about it? Shall we battle? [ Yes / No ]
[ No ]
Is that so? Very well then...
[ Yes ]
Ah, I see...
If you are that captivated by the Ferris wheel, you and I must share similar interests.
Ah, but never mind that... As an Ace Trainer, I have no reason to lose.
(Battle with Ace Trainer Natsuki, who has a Kokoromori. "... ...What?")
... ...I'll be frank.
I could never have dreamed I would lose to you...
Heh, well, you can't judge a book by its cover...
Now then...
As I promised earlier, shall we board the Ferris wheel?
Truthfully, this will be my first time experiencing one.
(They get on.)
Ooof, this goes higher than I expected... Aieee, it's shaking more than I expected...
Hey, don't move! Do you want to make us fall?! I'm begging you, PLEASE don't move!!
Ah... I can't stand it... this is it for me. ...Can I... can I hold your hand?
(They get off.)
... ... ... ... ... ...
I myself didn't even know that I was so terrified of heights...
It was all your... well, maybe it was partially your fault... so you better be thankful!
However...
I want you to sincerely remember this deep in your heart.
In exchange, if you want to ride the Ferris wheel again at any cost, come do it with me.
I'll overcome my fear. That's what makes me a true ace...

Oh... it's you...
...Could you perhaps want to ride the Ferris wheel once more?
V-Very well... I know what you're thinking, but I shall overcome my fear today.
Fight with me, and if you win, I shall allow you to ride the Ferris wheel with me once again. So, will you? [ Yes / No ]
[ No ]
Really! Ah, that's a shame!
I was thinking today would be a good chance to overcome my weakness... aha, haha...
[ Yes ]
Ah, I see... Yes, a battle...?
Very well, so I must... Let us begin!
... ... ...S-So I must.
I'll overcome my fear and make the evolution to a true ace. It shall be a thing to remember!
And you'll be quite happy to be present! Aha! Hahaha...
(They get on.)
Ooof, this goes higher than I expected... Aieee, it's shaking more than I expected...
Hey, don't move! Do you want to make us fall?! I'm begging you, PLEASE don't move!!
Ah... I can't stand it... this is it for me. ...Can I... can I hold your hand?
(They get off.)
... ... ... ... ... ...
Is it just my imagination, or did I see you grinning a little?
...Oh, whatever.
It may not be soon, but I'll overcome my fear someday. Because I am an ace!
Excuse me for today, but whenever you've thought REALLY hard on it, and absolutely super-duper HAVE to ride the Ferris wheel again... tell me.
It's gotten pretty chilly... I guess it'll be flat-out cold soon...
Huh? Could you possibly want to take a ride on this?
But this Ferris wheel only has seats for two...
... ...Right, well.
Would you battle with me? So if you win, I'll ride together with you? [ Yes / No ]
[ No [
Ah, really?
Well, I should be around here for a while yet, so...
[ Yes ]
You made your decision quick... Or perhaps you're just that confident?
Well, I suppose I'll find out if we battle. Quickly, let's begin!
(Battle with Waitress Akira, who has a Kurumayu. "Oww... so uncool...")
I'm not even close to a match... Though I had at least a LITTLE confidence in my Pokémon battling... You're certainly impressive...
...Well, as promised, shall we board the Ferris wheel?
(They get on.)
... ... ... ... ... ... Well, you went through the trouble, so should we chat?
...I know, right! ... ...Yeesh! And then... ... Like, really...
...Since I liked him... I was always... ... ...just a bunch of lies!...
(They get off.)
Hoo! That was fun!! And talking with you helped me get a lot of things off my chest!
Fellow girls really ought to talk amongst each other!
I should be around here for a while yet!
So if you have the time later, please come by again!

Oh! It's you from before! You doing well?
If you have time, please, spend some of it with me!
Have a Pokémon battle? Ride the Ferris wheel? Have a chat? [ Yes / No ]
[ No ]
Huh? Oh... really...? Sorry, that WAS kinda unreasonable of me. Whenever you have the time, please come back again!
[ Yes ]
Oh! You sure?! Thank you! Something about being with you just makes me feel great!
Well, first, let's have a Pokémon battle!
Whew... I lost again!
Even your Pokémon are just too good for me to compete with.
They're so much slimmer and prettier than me... I sorta admire them, really!
Well, let's board the Ferris wheel already!
(They get on.)
... ... ... ... ... ... Well, you went through the trouble, so should we chat?
...I know, right! ... ...Yeesh! And then... ... Like, really...
...Since I liked him... I was always... ... ...just a bunch of lies!...
(They get off.)
Aww, it's over already!
The time just seems to fly when I'm having fun with you!
I've not the type to have a whole lot of friends, so I really treasure a chance to discuss things like this!
Thanks for today! If you like, please come play with me again!
Hey... It's cold today...
Um, excuse me... Do you have some time?
I actually haven't gone outside in a long time...
I figured I'd come out all this way to get my Pokémon exercised...
And...
I kinda wanted to ride this Ferris wheel.
If it's okay with you, could you spend a little time with me? [ Yes / No ]
[ No ]
Okay... Sorry... It was a weird thing to hope for...
[ Yes ]
Huh... really, it's fine?
Thank you... You're a kind person.
Well, it's sudden, but could you help my Pokémon get some exercise?
(Battle with Rich Boy Fuyuta, who has a Hatooboo. "Hahhh, hahhh, hahhh, hahhh...")
Pant... wheeze...
It's been so long since I've gotten such a workout, so I'm getting a little tired...
But...
It was really fun!
My Pokémon got to stretch out, too, and it looks really happy!
Thanks for battling me!
...So...
Next up, the Ferris wheel?
I've... always sorta wanted to ride one of these.
(They get on.)
Wow, the town's getting smaller and smaller... It's so pretty... ... ...
Cough! ...Hack! Cough! Sorry... I'm getting a little chilly...
Huh...? Thank you... it's warm... You're such a... kind person...
(They get off.)
Thank you, Miss White...
And sorry for causing you such trouble...
...I just wasn't born with a very sturdy body.
As a result, I can't exactly go out whenever I please...
So I'm really glad I could play with you here today...
Thank you, Miss White. I'll be here when I'm feeling better, so I'd be overjoyed to play with you again...

Hey... Miss White... It's cold, but are you doing okay?
I'm feeling alright today, so I've come out once again...
If it's fine with you, Miss White, I'd be really glad if you could exercise my Pokémon and go on the Ferris wheel with me...
I mean, if you want... Would you spend some time with me? [ Yes / No ]
[ No ]
I see... You must be busy. If you have time, I'd be happy if you came back again...
[ Yes ]
Thank you... I'm so glad...
So...
Could you help exercise my Pokémon?
Pant... wheeze...
I still...
Can't strain myself too hard... but...
Getting some exercise...
Fighting with somebody... it's really fun...
My Pokémon seems really glad to meet you, too.
Thank you...
So...
Should we board the Ferris wheel now? Let's go... Miss White...
(They get on.)
Wow, the town's getting smaller and smaller... It's so pretty... ... ...
Cough! ...Hack! Cough! Sorry... I'm getting a little chilly...
Huh...? Thank you... it's warm... You're such a... kind person...
(They get off.)
Sorry... I've caused you such trouble once again.
... ...But...
I had fun with you, Miss White, so I'm not feeling so bad.
Not to mention...
Playing with you just makes me so happy...
So if you want, I'd be glad if you could spend some more time with me... I'm really thankful for today... See you, Miss White...
It sure is nice having all these refreshingly warm days...
Oh! Hey, there! You there!
Do you have some time?
If it's okay with you, won't you... spend some time with me?
Um, I want you to battle me! Alright? [ Yes / No ]
[ No ]
Okay... I know it was sudden to spring that on you, anyway... sorry for the weird request!
[ Yes ]
Thanks! You've got a good attitude!
Alright, I know it's sudden, but let's have a Pokémon battle!
(Battle with Lass Miharu, who has a Gothimu. "Huh, it's over already? I lost in the blink of an eye...")
Wow! Black, huh? Your Pokémon are sooo strong!
Since you're such a reliable Trainer, Black, there's one more thing I'd like to ask of you...
Um, let's take a ride on the Ferris wheel, you and me!
You can't turn down a girl's request! Alright! Okay! Let's ride!
(They get on.)
Whoaaa... Oh man, it really IS high... Ah, I'm... I'm getting kinda scared...
Ooogh... I'm shaking... ... ... ...It's SO high, I'm SO scared... ...
Oh no... I can't take any more... Come... be beside me... okay?
(They get off.)
...U-Um, thank you!
I always kinda wanted to ride this Ferris wheel, but you need two people...
I figured if I went riding with a friend or something and freaked out, I'd get so embarrassed...
Not that doing it with you stopped me anyway!
I'm sorry! I shouldn't have even tried!
I guess I really am just hopeless when it comes to heights...
But...
Um... it was kinda fun... If you want, let's ride together again!

Oh! Black! You doing good? Hey! If you want, would you spend some time with me?
Let's have a Pokémon battle together, then go for a ride on the Ferris wheel!
Something tells me I won't get scared this time around! [ Yes / No ]
[ No ]
Oh, okay... That's so... kinda disappointing...
But I'm sure you must be busy, Black...
[ Yes ]
Teehee, I'm so happy! Thanks, Black!
Alright, I know it's sudden, but let's have a Pokémon battle!
Black, your Pokémon really are strong...! No matter how hard I tried, I don't think I could ever beat you!
Enough Pokémon battles! ...So let's get on the Ferris wheel already!
... ... ...
Aw, don't give me that look! I'll be fine! Really! I've got it this time!
At least, I should!
(They get on.)
Whoaaa... Oh man, it really IS high... Ah, I'm... I'm getting kinda scared...
Ooogh... I'm shaking... ... ... ...It's SO high, I'm SO scared... ...
Oh no... I can't take any more... Come... be beside me... okay?
(They get off.)
Ooogh... it was still scary...
But somehow...
Even though I was scared, since I was with you, Black...
Having you to look ahead at what frightened me, I kinda managed to enjoy it...
Teehee...
Well, if you have time for it, come by again, Black!
Whew! You there, boy! How 'bout this humidity, day after day!
Can't help but make the best of a summer like this! Eh?
So hey! How 'bout you take a ride on the Ferris wheel with me!
For free, of course! All I ask is you go up against my best Pokémon, boy! [ Yes / No ]
[ No ]
Aah! Shame, shame, boy!
A young bud like you oughta enjoy a sweltering summer season!
[ Yes ]
Really now! Boy! You've got promise, I tell you what!
Well, instead of a greeting, let's go headfirst into battle!
(Battle with Hiker Natsumi, who has a Gantoru. "Oho! Boy, boy! Your Pokémon are ripped!")
Whew, great! Boy! You and your Pokémon are splendid! Wonderful! Can't get enough of 'em!
So, now...
We've warmed up both our bodies and souls, so... let's head into the Ferris wheel!
Come along, boy!
(They get on.)
Ho ho... sure is humid... like a sauna, boy, I tell you what!
Ahhh, it's so hot... you're really sweatin', boy...
By the way... boy... you ever had a lover?
(They get off.)
Man, that thing was way more hot and humid than I was expecting!
But I think gotten to know you a little better, boy! Y'know?!
I'm planning on loitering around and about for a while longer!
Whenever you feel like improving your understanding, don't be shy, come by and holler! Right! Okay, see you again, boy!

Hey, you came, boy! Summertime doesn't last! Enjoying it?
If you're not enjoying quite enough, how 'bout you and I make a summer memory on the Ferris wheel! [ Yes / No ]
[ No ]
What! I say what, boy! Kind of a downer, you are!
How could you forget the time we spent together? Eh?
Our summer together doesn't have to wait 'til next year! Y'know? I'll stick around, so I hope you change your mind!
[ Yes ]
Really! Oh, really! Boy! I think we're gonna make some big progress in our relationship here!
Well, first, in place of a greeting, let's charge into a Pokémon battle!
Boy, your Pokémon sure are sturdy! They're fine, they are!
I believe there'll be a lot of growth and possibilities ahead of you, boy!
Well then, better get on with it...
Time for today's main dish! We're heading into the Ferris wheel!
Let's roll, boy! Come on!
(They get on.)
Ho ho... sure is humid... like a sauna, boy, I tell you what!
Ahhh, it's so hot... you're really sweatin', boy...
By the way... boy... you ever had a lover?
(They get off.)
Our shirts are soaked with sweat, but it tells the story of the time we passed, boy!
And with this, we've developed a deeper understanding!
Our summer vacation together will never end!
Well, see you again, boy!
It's autumn already... Summer went by so fast...
Ah... Hey, you there... Do you have time at the moment?
See this Ferris wheel here? The cars seat two, but I'm all alone at the moment. So I want to ride, but I can't.
Thus...
If you don't mind, I'd like to ask you something.
Would you ride on the Ferris wheel with a lady like myself...?
I can't give you much in return, but if you'll get along with me, how about a Pokémon battle? [ Yes / No ]
[ No ]
I see... Forget it, then... Sorry for bringing that up so suddenly...
[ Yes ]
Heehee, thanks... You're young, but you're so kind.
Well, let's get Pokémon battling! This lady will do her best!
(Battle with Secretary Chikaki, who has a Chillarmy. "Heehee... You're strong...")
Aww, I lost?! I tried hard, I swear!
Heehee, thanks anyway! There was something... really fun about it.
Well... Should we get on the Ferris wheel?
(They get on.)
What a fantastic view... ... ... ... ... But... ... ...
Sniff... Sniffle... ... ... ... ...Sorry. ...Can I stay by you?
Until we get off is fine... ... So, stay there... please... ...
(They get off.)
... ...Sorry.
When I gazed upon the landscape from the Ferris wheel, I remembered so many things...
But it's alright now...
Yeah...
I still haven't asked your name, have I?
Well? Do you want to tell me?
...Hm, Black, is it...
I'll be here a little longer, so I'd be glad if you came by to ride the Ferris wheel again.

Ah... it's you...
Um... Are you doing well...?
Um, er...
I won't mind if you aren't able to, but would you spend some more time with me?
The two of us...
Having a Pokémon battle... then riding the Ferris wheel... it makes me happy, so, uh... [ Yes / No ]
[ No ]
Ahaha... um, okay...
You do seem pretty busy... Sorry, I shouldn't have asked. Bye...
[ Yes ]
I'm so glad... thanks...
Well, so long as I'm being selfish, grant me one more thing.
Just this once, don't mind me... if I call you by your name...
... ...Well.
Black! Let us battle Pokémon!
Whew... That was fun...
You're really good at Pokémon, Black.
Battling me isn't even really satisfying, is it?
But, letting me be your opponent anyway...
You're so kind... I... misjudged you...
... ... ... ...
...Sorry.
Shouldn't we get on the Ferris wheel already? Hey! Go time! Black!
(They get on.)
What a fantastic view... ... ... ... ... But... ... ...
Sniff... Sniffle... ... ... ... ...Sorry. ...Can I stay by you?
Until we get off is fine... ... So, stay there... please... ...
(They get off.)
... ... ... ... ...
You've spoiled me again, Black...
I'm just this pitiful, middle-aged lady...
But you're Black...
No, it's alright... It's nothing...
Black! Thanks! I really had fun today!
I'd like to spend some time with you again!
Bye, Black!
Aww... it's cold, but at least it's nice when it's snowing...
Uh? What is it, big bro? You wanna ride?
Hmmmmm...
But big bro, you can't ride if you're all alone!
Riding this Ferris wheel on your own is nooooo good.
... ...Oh!
I just gots a great idea!
I'll be alone 'til daddy comes back...
So you wanna play Pokémon wit' me?
If you play wit' me, I'll ride on the Ferris wheel wit' you, big bro! [ Yes / No ]
[ No ]
Huhhh?! Aww, you're no fun! You're a big dumb party pooper, big bro!
[ Yes ]
Huh?! You WILL play! Eheh! I'm so happy!
Then let's play Pokémon!
(Battle wit' Kindergartener Fuyuka, who has a Yuniran. "Yays! Hooray! Awesome! Big bro's so strooong!!")
That was fun! Thankies!
I could just tell you were strong 'cause of how big you were, big bro!
But my daddy's Pokémon are reeeal strong too!
He's been busy at work lately, so he can't play wit' me much, but...
Today I got to play wit' big bro! Yaaay!
Okay, big bro, now let's get on the Ferris wheel together!
(They get on.)
Yay, yaaay! It's going rooound and rooound! Wheeeeee! We're getting so high up!
Whoooa! So high! It's SO high up! Ehehe! This is fun, big bro!
Hey, hey, big bro! Can I sit on your lap?
(They get off.)
Ahhh! That was fun! You had fun too, right, big bro?
It's been forever since I had that much fun! Even when daddy does come home, it's only to sleep... I can't go anywhere wit' him!
But I'll be sure to play lots here 'til daddy comes back! Let's play again, big bro!

Big bro Black!
Hey, hey, I've got lotsa time! You too, big bro? Then play wit' me!
Let's play Pokémons! And ride the Ferris wheel! [ Yes / No ]
[ No ]
Booo...
You're busy too, big bro? Adults are all so busy... So boring...
[ Yes ]
Eheh! Yay! Thankies, big bro Black!
Okay... so...
First things first! Let's play Pokémon!
Eheh! That was fun!
You're so strong, big bro Black! Maybe even better at Pokémon than daddy!
Okay, next things next! Ferris wheel! Ferris wheeeeel! Hurry, let's hurry!
(They get on.)
Yay, yaaay! It's going rooound and rooound! Wheeeeee! We're getting so high up!
Whoooa! So high! It's SO high up! Ehehe! This is fun, big bro!
Hey, hey, big bro! Can I sit on your lap?
(They get off.)
Eheh! I had a lot of fun!
Right? Right? I know you had fun too, big bro!
Thanks for playing wit' me! I love you, big bro!
...I dunno about daddy lately, though.
Even when daddy's not there wit' me, I know it's 'cause he's working hard!
But still...
I don't like that he can't play wit' me! I wish he'd play more!
Big bro, make sure you come by and play again! See you! Bye-bye!
Hiker Natsumi scares me.

Maverik
6th March 2011, 3:31 AM
God, that is just hilarious.

Iker
6th March 2011, 3:31 AM
Well i just bought my Black Version(U) a couple of hours ago, i'm really exited and i hope we can play with eachother when the other stores start to sell the game.
Here are some pictures:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v467/cantu/th_DSC00464.jpg (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v467/cantu/DSC00464.jpg) http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v467/cantu/th_DSC00465.jpg (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v467/cantu/DSC00465.jpg)

See ya.

R_N
6th March 2011, 3:38 AM
When people said the conversations were laced with innuendo I thought they'd, you know, be laced with innuendo.
Aside from the Hiker, these are pretty tame. Sweet, even; I even think it's cute that some of them are pretty clearly crushing big time on the player.

RequiemUltima
6th March 2011, 3:50 AM
Darn you TPCI. You're so over protective of the little pokemon fans out there, even though I'm pretty sure these kids have heard way worse than those snippets of dialogue you removed!