PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Black and White General Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

R_N
6th March 2011, 3:50 AM
Darn you TPCI. You're so over protective of the little pokemon fans out there, even though I'm pretty sure these kids have heard way worse than those snippets of dialogue you removed!

They didn't remove the dialog?

m190049
6th March 2011, 3:57 AM
When people said the conversations were laced with innuendo I thought they'd, you know, be laced with innuendo.
Aside from the Hiker, these are pretty tame. Sweet, even; I even think it's cute that some of them are pretty clearly crushing big time on the player.
"Hey, hey, big bro! Can I sit on your lap?" (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FetishFuel)

Well when you consider the semi-popular Japanese fantasy of "~WinkWink~ on top of the Ferris Wheel"...

Korobooshi Kojiro
6th March 2011, 3:59 AM
Are we sure they're removed?

I don't remember them beginning to occur till later on, so maybe the person just hasn't unlocked them yet.

Shneak
6th March 2011, 4:01 AM
By the way... boy... you ever had a lover?
(They get off.)
Man, that thing was way more hot and humid than I was expecting!

Whoa.

R_N
6th March 2011, 4:08 AM
Are we sure they're removed?

I don't remember them beginning to occur till later on, so maybe the person just hasn't unlocked them yet.
Why are we saying they're removed? Because of the guy with the german version who hadn't beat Elesa yet? After reports of them "toning down" the conversations?

"Hey, hey, big bro! Can I sit on your lap?"

Well when you consider the semi-popular Japanese fantasy of "~WinkWink~ on top of the Ferris Wheel"...
Oh come on, that was the sweetest, innocent line of the bunch.

This entire escapade is so silly I am just having such a look on my face right now.

kogawolfman
6th March 2011, 4:30 AM
Darn you TPCI. You're so over protective of the little pokemon fans out there, even though I'm pretty sure these kids have heard way worse than those snippets of dialogue you removed!

Given Americans' aversion to anything sexual, they probably don't want to risk backlash from parents.

Cobalt_Latios
6th March 2011, 4:45 AM
Well i just bought my Black Version(U) a couple of hours ago, i'm really exited and i hope we can play with eachother when the other stores start to sell the game.
Here are some pictures:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v467/cantu/th_DSC00464.jpg (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v467/cantu/DSC00464.jpg) http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v467/cantu/th_DSC00465.jpg (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v467/cantu/DSC00465.jpg)

See ya.
Wait a second... Black DS cartridges? Does that mean that for White we'll have White DS cartridges?

...oh hold on a second. Didn't Heart Gold/Soul Silver also have black cartridges? *checks*

Okay, they do. OH! That's for the infrared isn't it? *realizes* the Pokewalker, I'd forgotten about how it communicates, oy...

/CL

R_N
6th March 2011, 4:47 AM
All DS carts are black. The Infrared carts are a little darker, I guess.

rocky505
6th March 2011, 4:50 AM
All DS carts are black. The Infrared carts are a little darker, I guess. Not really most of them are grey not black.

Adeku
6th March 2011, 4:51 AM
All DS carts are black. The Infrared carts are a little darker, I guess.

Yeah. On the commercials it talks about using infared to battle other people near you.

MetalFlygon08
6th March 2011, 5:10 AM
You know what? The seasons set the difficulty for your starter, Autumn is very rainy, makes Tepig Hard Mode, Snivy Medium Mode, and Oshawott Easy Mode.

R_N
6th March 2011, 5:13 AM
You know what? The seasons set the difficulty for your starter, Autumn is very rainy, makes Tepig Hard Mode, Snivy Medium Mode, and Oshawott Easy Mode.

Wait Autumn is rainy?
I would have thought Spring would be the rainy season.

Silent Conversation
6th March 2011, 5:21 AM
Spring and Autumn are both pretty rainy, but Spring's probably more rainy (I mean in real seasons, not game ones)

Dr. Leggs
6th March 2011, 5:22 AM
Question: Does the removal of sexually suggestive dialogue from the Japanese version really have any effect on your enjoyment of a Pokemon game?

BW202
6th March 2011, 5:23 AM
Question: Does the removal of sexually suggestive dialogue from the Japanese version really have any effect on your enjoyment of a Pokemon game?

Nah, I'm good with Elesa. It'll be a good laugh if it's still in though.

ManhattanTheStarr
6th March 2011, 5:25 AM
Oh, damn. I completely forgot about the seasons. xD
Even though I was extremely ecstatic about the feature when I first heard about it, it's now the last thing I pay attention to when it comes to the new features in B/W. :P

luxrayshock
6th March 2011, 5:35 AM
Can someone list what months go with what seasons, i can't remember.

R_N
6th March 2011, 5:40 AM
http://serebii.net/blackwhite/seasons.shtml

So we're in Autumn

luxrayshock
6th March 2011, 5:42 AM
cool thanks, I'm wanting a cubchoo and winter isn't too far away :P

Cobalt_Latios
6th March 2011, 5:44 AM
http://serebii.net/blackwhite/seasons.shtml

So we're in Autumn
Winter is in April, August and December? Are you telling me that when I'm playing in August... it's going to be Winter in Unova? Heh?

I thought for sure the games started in Spring, and then went the whole rotation...

Oh well.

/CL

Silent Conversation
6th March 2011, 5:46 AM
Winter is in April, August and December? Are you telling me that when I'm playing in August... it's going to be Winter in Unova? Heh?

Well, geologically it makes no sense, but game wise that makes a lot of sense. A season lasting three months would be no fun, so they have to change it every month. I guess it's just a stupid coincidence that August landed up in Winter... hey, Summer has February, so go figure.

Cobalt_Latios
6th March 2011, 5:49 AM
Well, geologically it makes no sense, but game wise that makes a lot of sense. A season lasting three months would be no fun, so they have to change it every month. I guess it's just a stupid coincidence that August landed up in Winter... hey, Summer has February, so go figure.
I knew that. I just wish it wasn't dependent on overall months, and simply started in Spring. Then do the whole rotation.

Oh well, I'm not going to worry about it though. I'll just be ticked playing in the Summer, and it's Winter in-game.

But... this is only in certain areas, right? Not all of Unova?

/CL

luxrayshock
6th March 2011, 5:49 AM

I thought this was a really good idea by GF. IF the seasons were 3 months, who would even care about them? The wait between each would be so long. I could care less if winter was in july haha

Silent Conversation
6th March 2011, 6:10 AM
I knew that. I just wish it wasn't dependent on overall months, and simply started in Spring. Then do the whole rotation.

The thing is, Winter has the biggest effect in the game (with a lot of area only accessed in Winter and some Pokemon you can only obtain in Winter) so I think if they started in Spring, then people would have to wait three months to get those effects.

Sapphire Kirby
6th March 2011, 6:50 AM
Multi-quoting is fun.

"Hey, hey, big bro! Can I sit on your lap?" (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FetishFuel)
...Thanks a lot for ruining a cute scene for me. I hope you are happy with yourself.

Not really, but Unova lacks in trainers that can be rebattled, so the more the merrier! Plus it means that the ferris wheel gets only used for one scene, which seems like a waste.

I didn't realize that seasons affected the weather as well. I just assumed the changes were only cosmetic barring winter snow slopes and winter Pokemon.

Plus, the north and south hemesphere have different weather from each other depending on the season. If each season lasted three months, one hemesphere's weather would be chossen over the other's. Austraila could get mad at having snow in december or America gould get mad at having snow in July. Just a thought.

Out of curiosity, am I the only one bummed that you can't get ribbons in B/W? Even without contest, they could have given out ribbons for defeating Alder or beating the Subway Masters. The Effort Ribbon could have been given out, as I heard there is still a person who checks if your EVs are maxed.

No on noticed me :(

Silent Conversation
6th March 2011, 6:54 AM
Plus, the north and south hemesphere have different weather from each other depending on the season. If each season lasted three months, one hemesphere's weather would be chossen over the other's. Austraila could get mad at having snow in december or America gould get mad at having snow in July. Just a thought.

The only thing is, there's no one place in the world where it will be Winter in April, August AND December. But we really have to forget the science behind the seasons in this game, as they're really only here to mix things up and unlock new features/aspects of the game.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
6th March 2011, 7:07 AM
Guys, Unova is in like a completely different world. Weather works differen there...

Sapphire Kirby
6th March 2011, 7:07 AM
The only thing is, there's no one place in the world where it will be Winter in April, August AND December. But we really have to forget the science behind the seasons in this game, as they're really only here to mix things up and unlock new features/aspects of the game.

I wasn't trying to say that the current season system was based off anywhere in the world, just that if seasons were based off somewhere, the N or S hemispheres might be a little upset that their game might not reflect their seasons accurately.

But you're right, there is no reason to try to worry about logic in Pokemon game :)

Chimchar15
6th March 2011, 7:12 AM
Wait what scenes were removed from the games?

R_N
6th March 2011, 7:16 AM
Wait what scenes were removed from the games?

At this time, none that we know of.

People seem to be jumping to conclusions about the Ferris Wheel stuff

Chimchar15
6th March 2011, 7:21 AM
At this time, none that we know of.

People seem to be jumping to conclusions about the Ferris Wheel stuff

Oh ok thanks. I heard stuff was being removed but that's good to know. Anyways I will being picking up the games today around noonish or maybe earlier depending on the situation.

Edit: Great turns out that it's going to rain tomorrow. This is heartgold all over again.

Blackjack the Titan
6th March 2011, 10:37 AM
Black and white is here!!!!!!!!!!

Hejiru
6th March 2011, 1:11 PM
Note, the person you go on the Ferris Wheel with depends on the season.
Listed is the gender of the person you're with, and the season it happens.

Ferris Wheel Dialogue

Ahhh, it's been sweltering day after day, and now I'm getting sleepy...
Hey, you there, you got a sec?
I'd like to take a ride on this Ferris wheel, buuut...
This one's a dual-rider, so I can't ride it all on my ownsome.
So, if it's okay with you, would you sit with me?
I can't give you much in return, but I'll fight you with this Pokémon I raised real good! [ Yes / No ]
[ No ]
Alright... I guess I'll let you off if you're worried. Well, I'll find somebody else!
Sorry, but thank you muchly anyway!
[ Yes ]
Huh? Seriously? Thank yooou! You seem like a good girl!
Alright, now to introduce you to my super-beloved Pokémon!
(Battle with Breakdancer Haruo, who has a Darumakka. "Owow... How is it you're so strong?")
Err... White, is it?
Wow! You're super awesome!
From the looks of you, I thought, man, she couldn't beat anybody I know!
I thought you were just kinda cute, but your Pokémon are stylin' too! Talk about rad!
Now, then...
Alright, let's get on this Ferris wheel already!
(They get on.)
...Risin' up, risin' up... Whoa, this is surprisingly speedy.
Oh! C'mere for a sec! C'mon - huh?... Aah... ... ...
... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...
(They get off.)
...Eh?
Am I alright?
Y-Yeah, I'm fine, just fine! It ain't nothin' at all!
... ... ...White, thank you muchly for today!
I used to think the Ferris wheel was just for little kids, but hoo-whee...
That view is just beautiful... It's just so... thrilling...
Yeah, I don't think it'd be such a bad idea to do this again from time to time!
If you want, let's ride again sometime! See ya, White!

Oh! If it isn't White!
U-Um, if it's alright, wanna play with me?
I mean, as in, a Pokémon battle... and then a ride on the Ferris wheel? [ Yes / No ]
[ No ]
Alright... Sorry, that was unreasonable of me.
Well, anytime you got time to spare, gimme a holler! See ya, White!
[ Yes ]
Huh? Yes? Seriously?! YESSS! Thank yooou!! You're so good to me!
Okay, I'm getting ahead of myself, but let's have a Pokémon battle!
(Same as the first battle.)
Aah! So sad!!
As ever, you really are pretty strong!
You think you could aim to be the Champion one of these days? If I were you, White, I wouldn't count that out as just some fantasy! I'm behind you all the way!
Now, then...
(They get on.)
(They get off.)
... ... ... ... ... ...
Oh, sorry, sorry... I was just thinking to myself.
There's something about it...
The time I spend playing with you seems to go by too fast, White! Time is short! Don't you think...?
Haha, well, don't you worry your little head about it!
Thank you muchly! Let's play again! Bye-bye, White!
These hot days just keep coming...
Hm? What's up...? Perhaps you had an interest in this Ferris wheel?
Unfortunately for you, this Ferris wheel is a two-rider, so you won't be able to ride it on your own.
... ... ...Right.
Would you battle with me? Should you win the battle, I shall allow you to ride the Ferris wheel with me.
How about it? Shall we battle? [ Yes / No ]
[ No ]
Is that so? Very well then...
[ Yes ]
Ah, I see...
If you are that captivated by the Ferris wheel, you and I must share similar interests.
Ah, but never mind that... As an Ace Trainer, I have no reason to lose.
(Battle with Ace Trainer Natsuki, who has a Kokoromori. "... ...What?")
... ...I'll be frank.
I could never have dreamed I would lose to you...
Heh, well, you can't judge a book by its cover...
Now then...
As I promised earlier, shall we board the Ferris wheel?
Truthfully, this will be my first time experiencing one.
(They get on.)
Ooof, this goes higher than I expected... Aieee, it's shaking more than I expected...
Hey, don't move! Do you want to make us fall?! I'm begging you, PLEASE don't move!!
Ah... I can't stand it... this is it for me. ...Can I... can I hold your hand?
(They get off.)
... ... ... ... ... ...
I myself didn't even know that I was so terrified of heights...
It was all your... well, maybe it was partially your fault... so you better be thankful!
However...
I want you to sincerely remember this deep in your heart.
In exchange, if you want to ride the Ferris wheel again at any cost, come do it with me.
I'll overcome my fear. That's what makes me a true ace...

Oh... it's you...
...Could you perhaps want to ride the Ferris wheel once more?
V-Very well... I know what you're thinking, but I shall overcome my fear today.
Fight with me, and if you win, I shall allow you to ride the Ferris wheel with me once again. So, will you? [ Yes / No ]
[ No ]
Really! Ah, that's a shame!
I was thinking today would be a good chance to overcome my weakness... aha, haha...
[ Yes ]
Ah, I see... Yes, a battle...?
Very well, so I must... Let us begin!
... ... ...S-So I must.
I'll overcome my fear and make the evolution to a true ace. It shall be a thing to remember!
And you'll be quite happy to be present! Aha! Hahaha...
(They get on.)
Ooof, this goes higher than I expected... Aieee, it's shaking more than I expected...
Hey, don't move! Do you want to make us fall?! I'm begging you, PLEASE don't move!!
(They get off.)
... ... ... ... ... ...
Is it just my imagination, or did I see you grinning a little?
...Oh, whatever.
It may not be soon, but I'll overcome my fear someday. Because I am an ace!
Excuse me for today, but whenever you've thought REALLY hard on it, and absolutely super-duper HAVE to ride the Ferris wheel again... tell me.
It's gotten pretty chilly... I guess it'll be flat-out cold soon...
Huh? Could you possibly want to take a ride on this?
But this Ferris wheel only has seats for two...
... ...Right, well.
Would you battle with me? So if you win, I'll ride together with you? [ Yes / No ]
[ No [
Ah, really?
Well, I should be around here for a while yet, so...
[ Yes ]
You made your decision quick... Or perhaps you're just that confident?
Well, I suppose I'll find out if we battle. Quickly, let's begin!
(Battle with Waitress Akira, who has a Kurumayu. "Oww... so uncool...")
I'm not even close to a match... Though I had at least a LITTLE confidence in my Pokémon battling... You're certainly impressive...
...Well, as promised, shall we board the Ferris wheel?
(They get on.)
... ... ... ... ... ... Well, you went through the trouble, so should we chat?
...I know, right! ... ...Yeesh! And then... ... Like, really...
...Since I liked him... I was always... ... ...just a bunch of lies!...
(They get off.)
Hoo! That was fun!! And talking with you helped me get a lot of things off my chest!
Fellow girls really ought to talk amongst each other!
I should be around here for a while yet!
So if you have the time later, please come by again!

Oh! It's you from before! You doing well?
If you have time, please, spend some of it with me!
Have a Pokémon battle? Ride the Ferris wheel? Have a chat? [ Yes / No ]
[ No ]
Huh? Oh... really...? Sorry, that WAS kinda unreasonable of me. Whenever you have the time, please come back again!
[ Yes ]
Oh! You sure?! Thank you! Something about being with you just makes me feel great!
Well, first, let's have a Pokémon battle!
Whew... I lost again!
Even your Pokémon are just too good for me to compete with.
They're so much slimmer and prettier than me... I sorta admire them, really!
Well, let's board the Ferris wheel already!
(They get on.)
(They get off.)
Aww, it's over already!
The time just seems to fly when I'm having fun with you!
I've not the type to have a whole lot of friends, so I really treasure a chance to discuss things like this!
Thanks for today! If you like, please come play with me again!
Hey... It's cold today...
Um, excuse me... Do you have some time?
I actually haven't gone outside in a long time...
I figured I'd come out all this way to get my Pokémon exercised...
And...
I kinda wanted to ride this Ferris wheel.
If it's okay with you, could you spend a little time with me? [ Yes / No ]
[ No ]
Okay... Sorry... It was a weird thing to hope for...
[ Yes ]
Huh... really, it's fine?
Thank you... You're a kind person.
Well, it's sudden, but could you help my Pokémon get some exercise?
(Battle with Rich Boy Fuyuta, who has a Hatooboo. "Hahhh, hahhh, hahhh, hahhh...")
Pant... wheeze...
It's been so long since I've gotten such a workout, so I'm getting a little tired...
But...
It was really fun!
My Pokémon got to stretch out, too, and it looks really happy!
Thanks for battling me!
...So...
Next up, the Ferris wheel?
I've... always sorta wanted to ride one of these.
(They get on.)
Wow, the town's getting smaller and smaller... It's so pretty... ... ...
Cough! ...Hack! Cough! Sorry... I'm getting a little chilly...
Huh...? Thank you... it's warm... You're such a... kind person...
(They get off.)
Thank you, Miss White...
And sorry for causing you such trouble...
...I just wasn't born with a very sturdy body.
As a result, I can't exactly go out whenever I please...
So I'm really glad I could play with you here today...
Thank you, Miss White. I'll be here when I'm feeling better, so I'd be overjoyed to play with you again...

Hey... Miss White... It's cold, but are you doing okay?
I'm feeling alright today, so I've come out once again...
If it's fine with you, Miss White, I'd be really glad if you could exercise my Pokémon and go on the Ferris wheel with me...
I mean, if you want... Would you spend some time with me? [ Yes / No ]
[ No ]
I see... You must be busy. If you have time, I'd be happy if you came back again...
[ Yes ]
Thank you... I'm so glad...
So...
Could you help exercise my Pokémon?
Pant... wheeze...
I still...
Can't strain myself too hard... but...
Getting some exercise...
Fighting with somebody... it's really fun...
My Pokémon seems really glad to meet you, too.
Thank you...
So...
Should we board the Ferris wheel now? Let's go... Miss White...
(They get on.)
(They get off.)
Sorry... I've caused you such trouble once again.
... ...But...
I had fun with you, Miss White, so I'm not feeling so bad.
Not to mention...
Playing with you just makes me so happy...
So if you want, I'd be glad if you could spend some more time with me... I'm really thankful for today... See you, Miss White...
It sure is nice having all these refreshingly warm days...
Oh! Hey, there! You there!
Do you have some time?
If it's okay with you, won't you... spend some time with me?
Um, I want you to battle me! Alright? [ Yes / No ]
[ No ]
Okay... I know it was sudden to spring that on you, anyway... sorry for the weird request!
[ Yes ]
Thanks! You've got a good attitude!
Alright, I know it's sudden, but let's have a Pokémon battle!
(Battle with Lass Miharu, who has a Gothimu. "Huh, it's over already? I lost in the blink of an eye...")
Wow! Black, huh? Your Pokémon are sooo strong!
Since you're such a reliable Trainer, Black, there's one more thing I'd like to ask of you...
Um, let's take a ride on the Ferris wheel, you and me!
You can't turn down a girl's request! Alright! Okay! Let's ride!
(They get on.)
Whoaaa... Oh man, it really IS high... Ah, I'm... I'm getting kinda scared...
Ooogh... I'm shaking... ... ... ...It's SO high, I'm SO scared... ...
Oh no... I can't take any more... Come... be beside me... okay?
(They get off.)
...U-Um, thank you!
I always kinda wanted to ride this Ferris wheel, but you need two people...
I figured if I went riding with a friend or something and freaked out, I'd get so embarrassed...
Not that doing it with you stopped me anyway!
I'm sorry! I shouldn't have even tried!
I guess I really am just hopeless when it comes to heights...
But...
Um... it was kinda fun... If you want, let's ride together again!

Oh! Black! You doing good? Hey! If you want, would you spend some time with me?
Let's have a Pokémon battle together, then go for a ride on the Ferris wheel!
Something tells me I won't get scared this time around! [ Yes / No ]
[ No ]
Oh, okay... That's so... kinda disappointing...
But I'm sure you must be busy, Black...
[ Yes ]
Teehee, I'm so happy! Thanks, Black!
Black, your Pokémon really are strong...! No matter how hard I tried, I don't think I could ever beat you!
Enough Pokémon battles! ...So let's get on the Ferris wheel already!
... ... ...
Aw, don't give me that look! I'll be fine! Really! I've got it this time!
At least, I should!
(They get on.)
(They get off.)
Ooogh... it was still scary...
But somehow...
Even though I was scared, since I was with you, Black...
Having you to look ahead at what frightened me, I kinda managed to enjoy it...
Teehee...
Well, if you have time for it, come by again, Black!
Whew! You there, boy! How 'bout this humidity, day after day!
Can't help but make the best of a summer like this! Eh?
So hey! How 'bout you take a ride on the Ferris wheel with me!
For free, of course! All I ask is you go up against my best Pokémon, boy! [ Yes / No ]
[ No ]
Aah! Shame, shame, boy!
A young bud like you oughta enjoy a sweltering summer season!
[ Yes ]
Really now! Boy! You've got promise, I tell you what!
Well, instead of a greeting, let's go headfirst into battle!
(Battle with Hiker Natsumi, who has a Gantoru. "Oho! Boy, boy! Your Pokémon are ripped!")
Whew, great! Boy! You and your Pokémon are splendid! Wonderful! Can't get enough of 'em!
So, now...
We've warmed up both our bodies and souls, so... let's head into the Ferris wheel!
Come along, boy!
(They get on.)
Ho ho... sure is humid... like a sauna, boy, I tell you what!
Ahhh, it's so hot... you're really sweatin', boy...
(They get off.)
But I think gotten to know you a little better, boy! Y'know?!
I'm planning on loitering around and about for a while longer!
Whenever you feel like improving your understanding, don't be shy, come by and holler! Right! Okay, see you again, boy!

Hey, you came, boy! Summertime doesn't last! Enjoying it?
If you're not enjoying quite enough, how 'bout you and I make a summer memory on the Ferris wheel! [ Yes / No ]
[ No ]
What! I say what, boy! Kind of a downer, you are!
How could you forget the time we spent together? Eh?
Our summer together doesn't have to wait 'til next year! Y'know? I'll stick around, so I hope you change your mind!
[ Yes ]
Really! Oh, really! Boy! I think we're gonna make some big progress in our relationship here!
Well, first, in place of a greeting, let's charge into a Pokémon battle!
Boy, your Pokémon sure are sturdy! They're fine, they are!
I believe there'll be a lot of growth and possibilities ahead of you, boy!
Well then, better get on with it...
Time for today's main dish! We're heading into the Ferris wheel!
Let's roll, boy! Come on!
(They get on.)
(They get off.)
Our shirts are soaked with sweat, but it tells the story of the time we passed, boy!
And with this, we've developed a deeper understanding!
Our summer vacation together will never end!
Well, see you again, boy!
It's autumn already... Summer went by so fast...
Ah... Hey, you there... Do you have time at the moment?
See this Ferris wheel here? The cars seat two, but I'm all alone at the moment. So I want to ride, but I can't.
Thus...
If you don't mind, I'd like to ask you something.
Would you ride on the Ferris wheel with a lady like myself...?
I can't give you much in return, but if you'll get along with me, how about a Pokémon battle? [ Yes / No ]
[ No ]
I see... Forget it, then... Sorry for bringing that up so suddenly...
[ Yes ]
Heehee, thanks... You're young, but you're so kind.
Well, let's get Pokémon battling! This lady will do her best!
(Battle with Secretary Chikaki, who has a Chillarmy. "Heehee... You're strong...")
Aww, I lost?! I tried hard, I swear!
Heehee, thanks anyway! There was something... really fun about it.
Well... Should we get on the Ferris wheel?
(They get on.)
What a fantastic view... ... ... ... ... But... ... ...
Sniff... Sniffle... ... ... ... ...Sorry. ...Can I stay by you?
Until we get off is fine... ... So, stay there... please... ...
(They get off.)
... ...Sorry.
When I gazed upon the landscape from the Ferris wheel, I remembered so many things...
But it's alright now...
Yeah...
I still haven't asked your name, have I?
Well? Do you want to tell me?
...Hm, Black, is it...
I'll be here a little longer, so I'd be glad if you came by to ride the Ferris wheel again.

Ah... it's you...
Um... Are you doing well...?
Um, er...
I won't mind if you aren't able to, but would you spend some more time with me?
The two of us...
Having a Pokémon battle... then riding the Ferris wheel... it makes me happy, so, uh... [ Yes / No ]
[ No ]
Ahaha... um, okay...
You do seem pretty busy... Sorry, I shouldn't have asked. Bye...
[ Yes ]
I'm so glad... thanks...
Well, so long as I'm being selfish, grant me one more thing.
Just this once, don't mind me... if I call you by your name...
... ...Well.
Black! Let us battle Pokémon!
Whew... That was fun...
You're really good at Pokémon, Black.
Battling me isn't even really satisfying, is it?
But, letting me be your opponent anyway...
You're so kind... I... misjudged you...
... ... ... ...
...Sorry.
Shouldn't we get on the Ferris wheel already? Hey! Go time! Black!
(They get on.)
(They get off.)
... ... ... ... ...
You've spoiled me again, Black...
I'm just this pitiful, middle-aged lady...
But you're Black...
No, it's alright... It's nothing...
Black! Thanks! I really had fun today!
I'd like to spend some time with you again!
Bye, Black!
Aww... it's cold, but at least it's nice when it's snowing...
Uh? What is it, big bro? You wanna ride?
Hmmmmm...
But big bro, you can't ride if you're all alone!
Riding this Ferris wheel on your own is nooooo good.
... ...Oh!
I just gots a great idea!
I'll be alone 'til daddy comes back...
So you wanna play Pokémon wit' me?
If you play wit' me, I'll ride on the Ferris wheel wit' you, big bro! [ Yes / No ]
[ No ]
Huhhh?! Aww, you're no fun! You're a big dumb party pooper, big bro!
[ Yes ]
Huh?! You WILL play! Eheh! I'm so happy!
Then let's play Pokémon!
(Battle wit' Kindergartener Fuyuka, who has a Yuniran. "Yays! Hooray! Awesome! Big bro's so strooong!!")
That was fun! Thankies!
I could just tell you were strong 'cause of how big you were, big bro!
But my daddy's Pokémon are reeeal strong too!
He's been busy at work lately, so he can't play wit' me much, but...
Today I got to play wit' big bro! Yaaay!
Okay, big bro, now let's get on the Ferris wheel together!
(They get on.)
Yay, yaaay! It's going rooound and rooound! Wheeeeee! We're getting so high up!
Whoooa! So high! It's SO high up! Ehehe! This is fun, big bro!
Hey, hey, big bro! Can I sit on your lap?
(They get off.)
Ahhh! That was fun! You had fun too, right, big bro?
It's been forever since I had that much fun! Even when daddy does come home, it's only to sleep... I can't go anywhere wit' him!
But I'll be sure to play lots here 'til daddy comes back! Let's play again, big bro!

Big bro Black!
Hey, hey, I've got lotsa time! You too, big bro? Then play wit' me!
Let's play Pokémons! And ride the Ferris wheel! [ Yes / No ]
[ No ]
Booo...
You're busy too, big bro? Adults are all so busy... So boring...
[ Yes ]
Eheh! Yay! Thankies, big bro Black!
Okay... so...
First things first! Let's play Pokémon!
Eheh! That was fun!
You're so strong, big bro Black! Maybe even better at Pokémon than daddy!
Okay, next things next! Ferris wheel! Ferris wheeeeel! Hurry, let's hurry!
(They get on.)
(They get off.)
Eheh! I had a lot of fun!
Right? Right? I know you had fun too, big bro!
Thanks for playing wit' me! I love you, big bro!
...I dunno about daddy lately, though.
Even when daddy's not there wit' me, I know it's 'cause he's working hard!
But still...
I don't like that he can't play wit' me! I wish he'd play more!
Big bro, make sure you come by and play again! See you! Bye-bye!
Hiker Natsumi scares me.

Well, based on what people were saying, I thought it'd be more innuendo-y. These seems pretty normal except one or two lines. I think people are just reading too much into it.

MagnetonNr1
6th March 2011, 1:12 PM
Seems like the Ferry's Wheel trainers weren't removed. At least in my verswion..

Hejiru
6th March 2011, 1:14 PM
Note, the person you go on the Ferris Wheel with depends on the season.
Listed is the gender of the person you're with, and the season it happens.

Ferris Wheel Dialogue

Ahhh, it's been sweltering day after day, and now I'm getting sleepy...
Hey, you there, you got a sec?
I'd like to take a ride on this Ferris wheel, buuut...
This one's a dual-rider, so I can't ride it all on my ownsome.
So, if it's okay with you, would you sit with me?
I can't give you much in return, but I'll fight you with this Pokémon I raised real good! [ Yes / No ]
[ No ]
Alright... I guess I'll let you off if you're worried. Well, I'll find somebody else!
Sorry, but thank you muchly anyway!
[ Yes ]
Huh? Seriously? Thank yooou! You seem like a good girl!
Alright, now to introduce you to my super-beloved Pokémon!
(Battle with Breakdancer Haruo, who has a Darumakka. "Owow... How is it you're so strong?")
Err... White, is it?
Wow! You're super awesome!
From the looks of you, I thought, man, she couldn't beat anybody I know!
I thought you were just kinda cute, but your Pokémon are stylin' too! Talk about rad!
Now, then...
(They get on.)
(They get off.)
...Eh?
Am I alright?
Y-Yeah, I'm fine, just fine! It ain't nothin' at all!
... ... ...White, thank you muchly for today!
I used to think the Ferris wheel was just for little kids, but hoo-whee...
That view is just beautiful... It's just so... thrilling...
Yeah, I don't think it'd be such a bad idea to do this again from time to time!
If you want, let's ride again sometime! See ya, White!

Oh! If it isn't White!
U-Um, if it's alright, wanna play with me?
I mean, as in, a Pokémon battle... and then a ride on the Ferris wheel? [ Yes / No ]
[ No ]
Alright... Sorry, that was unreasonable of me.
Well, anytime you got time to spare, gimme a holler! See ya, White!
[ Yes ]
Huh? Yes? Seriously?! YESSS! Thank yooou!! You're so good to me!
Okay, I'm getting ahead of myself, but let's have a Pokémon battle!
Aah! So sad!!
As ever, you really are pretty strong!
You think you could aim to be the Champion one of these days? If I were you, White, I wouldn't count that out as just some fantasy! I'm behind you all the way!
Now, then...
(They get on.)
(They get off.)
... ... ... ... ... ...
Oh, sorry, sorry... I was just thinking to myself.
There's something about it...
The time I spend playing with you seems to go by too fast, White! Time is short! Don't you think...?
Haha, well, don't you worry your little head about it!
Thank you muchly! Let's play again! Bye-bye, White!
These hot days just keep coming...
Hm? What's up...? Perhaps you had an interest in this Ferris wheel?
Unfortunately for you, this Ferris wheel is a two-rider, so you won't be able to ride it on your own.
... ... ...Right.
Would you battle with me? Should you win the battle, I shall allow you to ride the Ferris wheel with me.
How about it? Shall we battle? [ Yes / No ]
[ No ]
Is that so? Very well then...
[ Yes ]
Ah, I see...
If you are that captivated by the Ferris wheel, you and I must share similar interests.
Ah, but never mind that... As an Ace Trainer, I have no reason to lose.
(Battle with Ace Trainer Natsuki, who has a Kokoromori. "... ...What?")
... ...I'll be frank.
I could never have dreamed I would lose to you...
Heh, well, you can't judge a book by its cover...
Now then...
As I promised earlier, shall we board the Ferris wheel?
Truthfully, this will be my first time experiencing one.
(They get on.)
(They get off.)
... ... ... ... ... ...
I myself didn't even know that I was so terrified of heights...
It was all your... well, maybe it was partially your fault... so you better be thankful!
However...
I want you to sincerely remember this deep in your heart.
In exchange, if you want to ride the Ferris wheel again at any cost, come do it with me.
I'll overcome my fear. That's what makes me a true ace...

Oh... it's you...
...Could you perhaps want to ride the Ferris wheel once more?
V-Very well... I know what you're thinking, but I shall overcome my fear today.
Fight with me, and if you win, I shall allow you to ride the Ferris wheel with me once again. So, will you? [ Yes / No ]
[ No ]
Really! Ah, that's a shame!
I was thinking today would be a good chance to overcome my weakness... aha, haha...
[ Yes ]
Ah, I see... Yes, a battle...?
Very well, so I must... Let us begin!
... ... ...S-So I must.
I'll overcome my fear and make the evolution to a true ace. It shall be a thing to remember!
And you'll be quite happy to be present! Aha! Hahaha...
(They get on.)
(They get off.)
... ... ... ... ... ...
Is it just my imagination, or did I see you grinning a little?
...Oh, whatever.
It may not be soon, but I'll overcome my fear someday. Because I am an ace!
Excuse me for today, but whenever you've thought REALLY hard on it, and absolutely super-duper HAVE to ride the Ferris wheel again... tell me.
It's gotten pretty chilly... I guess it'll be flat-out cold soon...
Huh? Could you possibly want to take a ride on this?
But this Ferris wheel only has seats for two...
... ...Right, well.
Would you battle with me? So if you win, I'll ride together with you? [ Yes / No ]
[ No [
Ah, really?
Well, I should be around here for a while yet, so...
[ Yes ]
You made your decision quick... Or perhaps you're just that confident?
Well, I suppose I'll find out if we battle. Quickly, let's begin!
(Battle with Waitress Akira, who has a Kurumayu. "Oww... so uncool...")
I'm not even close to a match... Though I had at least a LITTLE confidence in my Pokémon battling... You're certainly impressive...
...Well, as promised, shall we board the Ferris wheel?
(They get on.)
(They get off.)
Hoo! That was fun!! And talking with you helped me get a lot of things off my chest!
Fellow girls really ought to talk amongst each other!
I should be around here for a while yet!
So if you have the time later, please come by again!

Oh! It's you from before! You doing well?
If you have time, please, spend some of it with me!
Have a Pokémon battle? Ride the Ferris wheel? Have a chat? [ Yes / No ]
[ No ]
Huh? Oh... really...? Sorry, that WAS kinda unreasonable of me. Whenever you have the time, please come back again!
[ Yes ]
Oh! You sure?! Thank you! Something about being with you just makes me feel great!
Well, first, let's have a Pokémon battle!
Whew... I lost again!
Even your Pokémon are just too good for me to compete with.
They're so much slimmer and prettier than me... I sorta admire them, really!
Well, let's board the Ferris wheel already!
(They get on.)
(They get off.)
Aww, it's over already!
The time just seems to fly when I'm having fun with you!
I've not the type to have a whole lot of friends, so I really treasure a chance to discuss things like this!
Thanks for today! If you like, please come play with me again!
Hey... It's cold today...
Um, excuse me... Do you have some time?
I actually haven't gone outside in a long time...
I figured I'd come out all this way to get my Pokémon exercised...
And...
I kinda wanted to ride this Ferris wheel.
If it's okay with you, could you spend a little time with me? [ Yes / No ]
[ No ]
Okay... Sorry... It was a weird thing to hope for...
[ Yes ]
Huh... really, it's fine?
Thank you... You're a kind person.
Well, it's sudden, but could you help my Pokémon get some exercise?
(Battle with Rich Boy Fuyuta, who has a Hatooboo. "Hahhh, hahhh, hahhh, hahhh...")
Pant... wheeze...
It's been so long since I've gotten such a workout, so I'm getting a little tired...
But...
It was really fun!
My Pokémon got to stretch out, too, and it looks really happy!
Thanks for battling me!
...So...
Next up, the Ferris wheel?
I've... always sorta wanted to ride one of these.
(They get on.)
(They get off.)
Thank you, Miss White...
And sorry for causing you such trouble...
...I just wasn't born with a very sturdy body.
As a result, I can't exactly go out whenever I please...
So I'm really glad I could play with you here today...
Thank you, Miss White. I'll be here when I'm feeling better, so I'd be overjoyed to play with you again...

Hey... Miss White... It's cold, but are you doing okay?
I'm feeling alright today, so I've come out once again...
If it's fine with you, Miss White, I'd be really glad if you could exercise my Pokémon and go on the Ferris wheel with me...
I mean, if you want... Would you spend some time with me? [ Yes / No ]
[ No ]
I see... You must be busy. If you have time, I'd be happy if you came back again...
[ Yes ]
Thank you... I'm so glad...
So...
Could you help exercise my Pokémon?
Pant... wheeze...
I still...
Can't strain myself too hard... but...
Getting some exercise...
Fighting with somebody... it's really fun...
My Pokémon seems really glad to meet you, too.
Thank you...
So...
Should we board the Ferris wheel now? Let's go... Miss White...
(They get on.)
(They get off.)
Sorry... I've caused you such trouble once again.
... ...But...
I had fun with you, Miss White, so I'm not feeling so bad.
Not to mention...
Playing with you just makes me so happy...
So if you want, I'd be glad if you could spend some more time with me... I'm really thankful for today... See you, Miss White...
It sure is nice having all these refreshingly warm days...
Oh! Hey, there! You there!
Do you have some time?
If it's okay with you, won't you... spend some time with me?
Um, I want you to battle me! Alright? [ Yes / No ]
[ No ]
Okay... I know it was sudden to spring that on you, anyway... sorry for the weird request!
[ Yes ]
Thanks! You've got a good attitude!
(Battle with Lass Miharu, who has a Gothimu. "Huh, it's over already? I lost in the blink of an eye...")
Wow! Black, huh? Your Pokémon are sooo strong!
Since you're such a reliable Trainer, Black, there's one more thing I'd like to ask of you...
Um, let's take a ride on the Ferris wheel, you and me!
You can't turn down a girl's request! Alright! Okay! Let's ride!
(They get on.)
(They get off.)
...U-Um, thank you!
I always kinda wanted to ride this Ferris wheel, but you need two people...
I figured if I went riding with a friend or something and freaked out, I'd get so embarrassed...
Not that doing it with you stopped me anyway!
I'm sorry! I shouldn't have even tried!
I guess I really am just hopeless when it comes to heights...
But...
Um... it was kinda fun... If you want, let's ride together again!

Oh! Black! You doing good? Hey! If you want, would you spend some time with me?
Let's have a Pokémon battle together, then go for a ride on the Ferris wheel!
Something tells me I won't get scared this time around! [ Yes / No ]
[ No ]
Oh, okay... That's so... kinda disappointing...
But I'm sure you must be busy, Black...
[ Yes ]
Teehee, I'm so happy! Thanks, Black!
Black, your Pokémon really are strong...! No matter how hard I tried, I don't think I could ever beat you!
Enough Pokémon battles! ...So let's get on the Ferris wheel already!
... ... ...
Aw, don't give me that look! I'll be fine! Really! I've got it this time!
At least, I should!
(They get on.)
(They get off.)
Ooogh... it was still scary...
But somehow...
Even though I was scared, since I was with you, Black...
Having you to look ahead at what frightened me, I kinda managed to enjoy it...
Teehee...
Well, if you have time for it, come by again, Black!
Whew! You there, boy! How 'bout this humidity, day after day!
Can't help but make the best of a summer like this! Eh?
So hey! How 'bout you take a ride on the Ferris wheel with me!
For free, of course! All I ask is you go up against my best Pokémon, boy! [ Yes / No ]
[ No ]
Aah! Shame, shame, boy!
A young bud like you oughta enjoy a sweltering summer season!
[ Yes ]
Really now! Boy! You've got promise, I tell you what!
Well, instead of a greeting, let's go headfirst into battle!
(Battle with Hiker Natsumi, who has a Gantoru. "Oho! Boy, boy! Your Pokémon are ripped!")
Whew, great! Boy! You and your Pokémon are splendid! Wonderful! Can't get enough of 'em!
So, now...
We've warmed up both our bodies and souls, so... let's head into the Ferris wheel!
Come along, boy!
(They get on.)
(They get off.)
But I think gotten to know you a little better, boy! Y'know?!
I'm planning on loitering around and about for a while longer!
Whenever you feel like improving your understanding, don't be shy, come by and holler! Right! Okay, see you again, boy!

Hey, you came, boy! Summertime doesn't last! Enjoying it?
If you're not enjoying quite enough, how 'bout you and I make a summer memory on the Ferris wheel! [ Yes / No ]
[ No ]
What! I say what, boy! Kind of a downer, you are!
How could you forget the time we spent together? Eh?
Our summer together doesn't have to wait 'til next year! Y'know? I'll stick around, so I hope you change your mind!
[ Yes ]
Really! Oh, really! Boy! I think we're gonna make some big progress in our relationship here!
Well, first, in place of a greeting, let's charge into a Pokémon battle!
Boy, your Pokémon sure are sturdy! They're fine, they are!
I believe there'll be a lot of growth and possibilities ahead of you, boy!
Well then, better get on with it...
Time for today's main dish! We're heading into the Ferris wheel!
Let's roll, boy! Come on!
(They get on.)
(They get off.)
Our shirts are soaked with sweat, but it tells the story of the time we passed, boy!
And with this, we've developed a deeper understanding!
Our summer vacation together will never end!
Well, see you again, boy!
It's autumn already... Summer went by so fast...
Ah... Hey, you there... Do you have time at the moment?
See this Ferris wheel here? The cars seat two, but I'm all alone at the moment. So I want to ride, but I can't.
Thus...
If you don't mind, I'd like to ask you something.
Would you ride on the Ferris wheel with a lady like myself...?
I can't give you much in return, but if you'll get along with me, how about a Pokémon battle? [ Yes / No ]
[ No ]
I see... Forget it, then... Sorry for bringing that up so suddenly...
[ Yes ]
Heehee, thanks... You're young, but you're so kind.
Well, let's get Pokémon battling! This lady will do her best!
(Battle with Secretary Chikaki, who has a Chillarmy. "Heehee... You're strong...")
Aww, I lost?! I tried hard, I swear!
Heehee, thanks anyway! There was something... really fun about it.
Well... Should we get on the Ferris wheel?
(They get on.)
(They get off.)
... ...Sorry.
When I gazed upon the landscape from the Ferris wheel, I remembered so many things...
But it's alright now...
Yeah...
I still haven't asked your name, have I?
Well? Do you want to tell me?
...Hm, Black, is it...
I'll be here a little longer, so I'd be glad if you came by to ride the Ferris wheel again.

Ah... it's you...
Um... Are you doing well...?
Um, er...
I won't mind if you aren't able to, but would you spend some more time with me?
The two of us...
Having a Pokémon battle... then riding the Ferris wheel... it makes me happy, so, uh... [ Yes / No ]
[ No ]
Ahaha... um, okay...
You do seem pretty busy... Sorry, I shouldn't have asked. Bye...
[ Yes ]
I'm so glad... thanks...
Well, so long as I'm being selfish, grant me one more thing.
Just this once, don't mind me... if I call you by your name...
... ...Well.
Black! Let us battle Pokémon!
Whew... That was fun...
You're really good at Pokémon, Black.
Battling me isn't even really satisfying, is it?
But, letting me be your opponent anyway...
You're so kind... I... misjudged you...
... ... ... ...
...Sorry.
Shouldn't we get on the Ferris wheel already? Hey! Go time! Black!
(They get on.)
(They get off.)
... ... ... ... ...
You've spoiled me again, Black...
I'm just this pitiful, middle-aged lady...
But you're Black...
No, it's alright... It's nothing...
Black! Thanks! I really had fun today!
I'd like to spend some time with you again!
Bye, Black!
Aww... it's cold, but at least it's nice when it's snowing...
Uh? What is it, big bro? You wanna ride?
Hmmmmm...
But big bro, you can't ride if you're all alone!
Riding this Ferris wheel on your own is nooooo good.
... ...Oh!
I just gots a great idea!
I'll be alone 'til daddy comes back...
So you wanna play Pokémon wit' me?
If you play wit' me, I'll ride on the Ferris wheel wit' you, big bro! [ Yes / No ]
[ No ]
Huhhh?! Aww, you're no fun! You're a big dumb party pooper, big bro!
[ Yes ]
Huh?! You WILL play! Eheh! I'm so happy!
Then let's play Pokémon!
(Battle wit' Kindergartener Fuyuka, who has a Yuniran. "Yays! Hooray! Awesome! Big bro's so strooong!!")
That was fun! Thankies!
I could just tell you were strong 'cause of how big you were, big bro!
But my daddy's Pokémon are reeeal strong too!
He's been busy at work lately, so he can't play wit' me much, but...
Today I got to play wit' big bro! Yaaay!
Okay, big bro, now let's get on the Ferris wheel together!
(They get on.)
(They get off.)
Ahhh! That was fun! You had fun too, right, big bro?
It's been forever since I had that much fun! Even when daddy does come home, it's only to sleep... I can't go anywhere wit' him!
But I'll be sure to play lots here 'til daddy comes back! Let's play again, big bro!

Big bro Black!
Hey, hey, I've got lotsa time! You too, big bro? Then play wit' me!
Let's play Pokémons! And ride the Ferris wheel! [ Yes / No ]
[ No ]
Booo...
You're busy too, big bro? Adults are all so busy... So boring...
[ Yes ]
Eheh! Yay! Thankies, big bro Black!
Okay... so...
First things first! Let's play Pokémon!
Eheh! That was fun!
You're so strong, big bro Black! Maybe even better at Pokémon than daddy!
Okay, next things next! Ferris wheel! Ferris wheeeeel! Hurry, let's hurry!
(They get on.)
(They get off.)
Eheh! I had a lot of fun!
Right? Right? I know you had fun too, big bro!
Thanks for playing wit' me! I love you, big bro!
...I dunno about daddy lately, though.
Even when daddy's not there wit' me, I know it's 'cause he's working hard!
But still...
I don't like that he can't play wit' me! I wish he'd play more!
Big bro, make sure you come by and play again! See you! Bye-bye!
Hiker Natsumi scares me.

Well, based on what people were saying, I thought it'd be more innuendo-y. These seems pretty normal except one or two lines. I think people are just reading too much into it.

R_N
6th March 2011, 6:40 PM
Seems like the Ferry's Wheel trainers weren't removed. At least in my verswion..

WOAH

NO

WAY

I am just so floored from this revelation I don't know what to do with myself

-Carnifex
6th March 2011, 6:53 PM
Not really, but Unova lacks in trainers that can be rebattled, so the more the merrier!

There are loads of trainers in the Stadiums that can be battled each day. At least 7-8 per stadium, which is basically 14 in both stadiums.

R_N
6th March 2011, 7:00 PM
There are loads of trainers in the Stadiums that can be battled each day. At least 7-8 per stadium, which is basically 14 in both stadiums.

And they get stronger over time (like in the 60s in post game?!), unlike the static Ferris Wheel trainers (who only change as the seasons pass anyway).

Maxim
6th March 2011, 8:16 PM
Anyone got the Target Art Folio?

Any arts we haven't seen?

Dr. Leggs
6th March 2011, 8:46 PM
Just noticed this; if you talk to the people in the house above the Pokemon Center in Accumula Town, with the piano & drums, the background music adds those instruments... A tiny little thing, but charming and creative nonetheless. ^_^

Chimchar15
6th March 2011, 8:49 PM
Just noticed this; if you talk to the people in the house above the Pokemon Center in Accumula Town, with the piano & drums, the background music adds those instruments... A tiny little thing, but charming and creative nonetheless. ^_^

Yep that was known but I can't wait to try it out in a few minutes. I still haven't started my game even though I got it like two hours ago. :p

R_N
6th March 2011, 9:47 PM
I just found the drum & piano
It made the song all the more wonderful. I loved that it stuck around even when you left the house.
I love this game.

Oh, right, I came in here to talk about Target's bonus. The art book?
Well it's not an art book, seems we all kind of glazed over the "art portfolio" print.
It's a bunch of official art on nice cardstock, and on the back of the cards talks a little bit about it. It's not much, just kind of gives a brief overview of the subject. It's kind of like a last minute hype-upper I guess.

All things considered, it's a nice little bonus. It's free with every copy of the game, so I can't complain.

.:Alex:.
6th March 2011, 9:47 PM
Yeah, the GameFreak sound designer mentions that there are several of these things hidden throughout the game. Although, I've yet to find any others.

Porygandrew
6th March 2011, 9:53 PM
Anyone got the Target Art Folio?

Any arts we haven't seen?

No.

10char.

Blazios
7th March 2011, 12:03 AM
Ha, I've just got the National Pokédex, and now there's a TV programme that teaches the Japanese names of Pokémon. Apparently Squirtle is Zenigame because its shell looks like old coins and Zeni is Japanese for old coins? Something like that.

myriada
7th March 2011, 12:11 AM
Yeah, the GameFreak sound designer mentions that there are several of these things hidden throughout the game. Although, I've yet to find any others.There's...
a flute player in Anville Town,
Rhythmic Clapping And Dancing in Icirrus City,
a Synthesizer or a String Instrument in Opelucid City,
and a musician quartet on the Village Bridge.

DaTreeko =3
7th March 2011, 2:35 AM
I like the instrument stuff they added :D
So far i've only heard the one in Accumla(sp?) Town.
I've heard the music for Village Bridge before, I prefer it without the singing.

Sapphire Kirby
7th March 2011, 2:50 AM

And they get stronger over time (like in the 60s in post game?!), unlike the static Ferris Wheel trainers (who only change as the seasons pass anyway).

I didn't mean lack as nothing; I meant lack as in a few. I was aware of the stadum trainers. I'll try to be more clear next time.

How do you guys feel about the Pokemon Storage and Bag Storage in these games? I hate how the Computer Box system in HG/SS were kept in B/W. The method was drag and drop, and I feel the system is cumbersome and you can only move one Pokemon at a time. I also don't like the how the storage spots for items were shrunk; i enjoy seperating my mail and Pokeballs from my other items. Plus, D/P method of having everything on a list isn't as easy to organize and manage than the HG/SS bags.

Sabonea_Masukippa
7th March 2011, 2:58 AM
How do you guys feel about the Pokemon Storage and Bag Storage in these games? I hate how the Computer Box system in HG/SS were kept in B/W. The method was drag and drop, and I feel the system is cumbersome and you can only move one Pokemon at a time. I also don't like the how the storage spots for items were shrunk; i enjoy seperating my mail and Pokeballs from my other items. Plus, D/P method of having everything on a list isn't as easy to organize and manage than the HG/SS bags.

I'm fine with the bag system, but the box system is my biggest complaint about the games. Especially the uselessness that is the 'battle box' system. Considering all that they rejigged in these games, I just wish they'd updated the box system. Jumping boxes takes to long, only being able to move one at a time. It just needs a refresh.

Cobalt_Latios
7th March 2011, 3:29 AM
I'm going to say this now, because in all the videos I've seen it was never shown mentioned or taken into account: saving.

First few times, I didn't take particular notice to it (oh cool, it's a book with a pencil "writing"). Then, I looked at the bottom screen and noticed that is shows me team (how nice). Looked below that, and saw, what is possibly the single best "thing we didn't know we actually needed", a "progress bar" indicating how far along the save is taking. It's such a minor little detail, but ever since the early days of 4th gen when you'd get "saving a lot of data..." and you had no clear way of knowing how long it would actually take to save, this little thing tells you how long it's actually taking, and when you do know it's finished saving.

So minor, but I can't believe how helpful it is.

/CL

ashgirl92
7th March 2011, 3:40 AM
I'm going to say this now, because in all the videos I've seen it was never shown mentioned or taken into account: saving.

First few times, I didn't take particular notice to it (oh cool, it's a book with a pencil "writing"). Then, I looked at the bottom screen and noticed that is shows me team (how nice). Looked below that, and saw, what is possibly the single best "thing we didn't know we actually needed", a "progress bar" indicating how far along the save is taking. It's such a minor little detail, but ever since the early days of 4th gen when you'd get "saving a lot of data..." and you had no clear way of knowing how long it would actually take to save, this little thing tells you how long it's actually taking, and when you do know it's finished saving.

So minor, but I can't believe how helpful it is.

/CL

I love the little details that they added this generation. The saving thing is cool, along with the cute stances some of the main characters do, the little musicians all around Unova, and when a foe puts your pokemon to sleep, the pokemon actually closes it's eyes! lol <-- At least, I think that closing eyes is a new one lol. It amazes me how little details like that can really make a game great : )

Cobalt_Latios
7th March 2011, 3:43 AM
I know a lot of people will already know this, but it just now occurred to actually mention it: the lower your opponents level is to your own, the less EXP you tend to get. If they're higher than you, you tend to get a lot more.

It does make level grinding harder, but at the same time, it's going to make EV training a bit simpler.

/CL

KYUREM
7th March 2011, 3:46 AM
Boo on that. I like to level grind, especially when im stuck on a gym. Although, now that i have a celebi, i doubt i'll need to grind with my gonna be Zoroark.

smashbro77
7th March 2011, 3:51 AM
I love the little details that they added this generation. The saving thing is cool, along with the cute stances some of the main characters do, the little musicians all around Unova, and when a foe puts your pokemon to sleep, the pokemon actually closes it's eyes! lol <-- At least, I think that closing eyes is a new one lol. It amazes me how little details like that can really make a game great : )

Yea i love that too and when u get frozen u turn blue and the sprite doesnt move its pretty awesome

KYUREM
7th March 2011, 3:52 AM
Little things can be big if you think about it, i can't wait to freeze people with Frozen World!

R_N
7th March 2011, 3:54 AM
If you have the patience to wait it out, Audino are basically giant bags of experience.

Cobalt_Latios
7th March 2011, 3:56 AM
If you have the patience to wait it out, Audino are basically giant bags of experience.
Encountered 3 by pure accident. Caught the first one I saw. Still think they're creepy.

edit: my luck appears to be very inconsistent it would seem.

/CL

hever
7th March 2011, 5:52 AM
Is it me, or are Pokemon this gen., hardly miss an attack.

Mario with Lasers
7th March 2011, 6:59 AM
I know a lot of people will already know this, but it just now occurred to actually mention it: the lower your opponents level is to your own, the less EXP you tend to get. If they're higher than you, you tend to get a lot more.

It does make level grinding harder, but at the same time, it's going to make EV training a bit simpler.

/CL

If a lv1 foreign pokémon holding a Lucky Egg beats a lv100 trainer Blissey, it will get 1,500,000++ EXP.

Tee hee.

myriada
7th March 2011, 7:35 AM
oh cool, it's a book with a pencil "writing"The book with a pencil writing is because saving is known as 'writing a report' in Japanese games.

R_N
7th March 2011, 7:57 AM
If a lv1 foreign pokémon holding a Lucky Egg beats a lv100 trainer Blissey, it will get 1,500,000++ EXP.

Tee hee.

Oh god

If RS remakes keep the record mixer and secret bases....
my goodness

Zhanton
7th March 2011, 7:59 AM
Oh god

If RS remakes keep the record mixer and secret bases....
my goodness

Lv 1 to Lv 100 in one battle o.O"

MetalFlygon08
7th March 2011, 8:07 AM
I'd like to confirm, Village Bridge keeps it's singer and crazy lyrics.

I'd also like to stress how much I hate random Wifi, it's a great idea on paper, but every prissy prick disconects when they will lose, "Oh Focus Blast missed? DC! Oh You had a focus sash? DC!" I've done 8 Random Wifi battles, and all but 1 were all DC'ed, the only one that got counted was one I lost, I stayed until the end. If you use a move with questionable accuracy, you have to take the risk it will miss, (Honestly, these people want pokemon to be rock paper scizzors, with the chance the rock might be packing scizzors, with no accuracy factors).

R_N
7th March 2011, 8:35 AM
I'd like to confirm, Village Bridge keeps it's singer and crazy lyrics.

I'd also like to stress how much I hate random Wifi, it's a great idea on paper, but every prissy prick disconects when they will lose, "Oh Focus Blast missed? DC! Oh You had a focus sash? DC!" I've done 8 Random Wifi battles, and all but 1 were all DC'ed, the only one that got counted was one I lost, I stayed until the end. If you use a move with questionable accuracy, you have to take the risk it will miss, (Honestly, these people want pokemon to be rock paper scizzors, with the chance the rock might be packing scizzors, with no accuracy factors).

Welcome to the world of online everything.

Chairman
7th March 2011, 8:39 AM
Lv 1 to Lv 100 in one battle o.O"

That would be pretty cool...

Will-powered Spriter
7th March 2011, 9:25 AM
Is it me, or are Pokemon this gen., hardly miss an attack.

I found quite the opposite, Hustle Darumaka misses almost constantly, and the 90% accuracy of Leaf Hurricane is a lie.

R_N
7th March 2011, 8:01 PM
Meanwhile everyone is critting me for no good reason ;-;

poke-lord
7th March 2011, 8:36 PM

Same. Future Sight has actually got a Crit every timke it has been used on me.

CaptainCombusken
7th March 2011, 9:44 PM
It's an interestign quirk this gen that if you get a Critical Hit Super-effective moves, the tex reads:
"It's Super-Effective!
It's a Critical Hit!"
instead of the other way round in other gens.

God I'm glad I'm doing this levelling thing. I'm seriously thinking about making Pansear rejoin my ranks from time to time... He's a great little Specai, attacker (Mine is anyway) which on my team is definitely needed. He's got Grass knot, Work Up, Flame Burst and Bite. Flame Burst has been the most useful move ever since I just got him to level 22. I was getting annoyed at having to use Work Up three times and then even then it taking two hits to knock out a Foe weak to the attack...
So yeah, useful. I'm thinking evolving him after he learns Fire Blast, or maybe Acrobatics. Fire Blast I can teach via TM if I need it. It's Acrobatics I really want.
My train all Pokemon to level 30 will take a while, but it's already going well. Purrloin and Pansear at the moment. I'm basically levelling up a stronger Pokemon and giving them the Lucky Egg and giving the much weaker Pokemon Exp. Share and never making them battle.

Gamefreak clearly favoured Panpour the most, then Pansage and then Pansear. I mean, the move each learns early on (Water Gun, Vine Whip and Incinerate), are 40, 35 and 30 in base power respectively. Then the moves they learn at level 22, Panpour and Pansage's are stronger, at 80 base Power (Scald and Seed Bomb), With Pansear's only being 70 Base Power (Flame Burst).
The only change in this pattern I can see is that at level 34, the other two's moves may not be as strong (Brine and Grass Knot) where Pansear's is very, very strong (Fire Blast).
So do you think Panpour and Pansage were more favoured as a Pokemon? Heck, even their Egg moves are Superior (they can learn more and particularly in Panpour's case are much stronger).

So, my questions to you:
What do you think of the Monekys? I really like them, but are they useful, even if only a little bit, past the first gym?
Do you think Gamefreak favoured a certain starter line (Tepig's) by making Panpour the strongest? or it a a coincidence?
And would any of you do the same as I'm doing to make sure the game goes slower/just for fun. My plan is, I'm on route 6 but before I go properly into Chargestone Cave, I'm levelling up all my Pokemon to a Minimum level of 30. That's all of the Pokemon I've caught so far. So would anyone else here even contemplate doing that before they've cleared the main storyline?

R_N
7th March 2011, 9:58 PM
Pansage has greater damage potential with Vine Whip (crits deal double damage) and Pansear's Incinerate is actually really useful for getting rid of berries.

bippacooleth
7th March 2011, 10:17 PM

The crit ratio must have gone up in this game, I swear. They're everywhere, and always securing the win for wild pokemon against my frail-as-hell Blitzle which is embarrassing for me! Dilemma

Wordy
7th March 2011, 10:24 PM
The problem is that the only important ingame trainer who actually attaches a berry to their Pokémon is Cheren with his Liepard, and so there are next to no berries to destroy in the first place. I like Simisear, but I jumped at the chance of getting Flame Burst over what was to be honest a very tedious affair against the creatures in the Pinwheel Forest with a base 30 move.

Panpour with Scald is probably one of the best early-game Water types, and it isn't really overshadowed as easily as the other two are- Darmanitan and Lilligant put Simisear and Simisage to shame- the traded Petilil for Black players has 21 IVs in everything but Special Attack, in which it has 31, and a Modest nature, whereas Hustle Fire Punch Darumaka is an ingame beast until evolution. And White players can custom pick a Petilil of their choosing for any utility, although admittedly the Black players get a really lucky trade.

Panpour has no early alternatives- Tympole? Seismitoad's 'jack of all trades, master of none' is pretty much the same and ingame a Pokémon with higher attacking stats is definitely favoured. Or possibly Tirtouga?

Meh, this is just how things turned out in the end what with placement and all. That turned into rather a lecture, but I don't really know. Panpour just got the best hand.

Dr. Leggs
7th March 2011, 11:06 PM
Heh? I've hardly encountered any crits so far, I thought it was interesting... XD

R_N
8th March 2011, 2:07 AM
Hah, neat, someone in Nimbasa town used the term "Shiny Pokemon"
Usually they refer to them as alternate color, or different colored.

Silent Conversation
8th March 2011, 2:57 AM
Hah, neat, someone in Nimbasa town used the term "Shiny Pokemon"
Usually they refer to them as alternate color, or different colored.

Really? Where in Nimbasa? I usually talk to most if not all the NPCs, so I guess I must have missed that one.

TsukiMirage
8th March 2011, 4:25 AM
It's pretty interesting that I have been able to land around 10 burns on my opponent's pokemon before I even got to the first gym. That's more then I have ever landed in all 5 previous games altogether.

Cobalt_Latios
8th March 2011, 5:11 AM
THIS!

Now, with all due respect, Heart Gold and Soul Silver were quite notorious for having some mileage of hax present (not too much, but enough to be noticeable).

However, in no gen prior to 5 has the critical hit ratio ever been this high. I swear, my opponents can land a critical hit with stuff like Air Cutter (Oh dear god! AIR CUTTER!), while I'm having a hard time landing a successful hit!

Razor Leaf from a Sewaddle in Burgh's gym would practically be 1 in every 4 shots be a critical hit. Earlier gens? I'd be lucky to see it a few times within the entire playthrough!

My Blitzle was getting all the crits on it, and now my Zorua gets them. Not even a well attempted shot at using Illusion is enough to fool the opponent! It just makes the criticals land harder!

Gamefreak clearly favoured Panpour the most, then Pansage and then Pansear. I mean, the move each learns early on (Water Gun, Vine Whip and Incinerate), are 40, 35 and 30 in base power respectively. Then the moves they learn at level 22, Panpour and Pansage's are stronger, at 80 base Power (Scald and Seed Bomb), With Pansear's only being 70 Base Power (Flame Burst).
The only change in this pattern I can see is that at level 34, the other two's moves may not be as strong (Brine and Grass Knot) where Pansear's is very, very strong (Fire Blast).
So do you think Panpour and Pansage were more favoured as a Pokemon? Heck, even their Egg moves are Superior (they can learn more and particularly in Panpour's case are much stronger).

So, my questions to you:
What do you think of the Monekys? I really like them, but are they useful, even if only a little bit, past the first gym?
Do you think Gamefreak favoured a certain starter line (Tepig's) by making Panpour the strongest? or it a a coincidence?
And would any of you do the same as I'm doing to make sure the game goes slower/just for fun. My plan is, I'm on route 6 but before I go properly into Chargestone Cave, I'm levelling up all my Pokemon to a Minimum level of 30. That's all of the Pokemon I've caught so far. So would anyone else here even contemplate doing that before they've cleared the main storyline?
To be completely honest, I very much dislike Panpour/Simipour's design, despite them having apparently good movesets and stats. I much prefer Pansage/Simisage, and Pansear/Simisear. I dunno why, I just do.

The crit ratio must have gone up in this game, I swear. They're everywhere, and always securing the win for wild pokemon against my frail-as-hell Blitzle which is embarrassing for me! Dilemma
Tell me about it! I deliberately ditched him for thinking it was a critical hit magnet. Next thing you know, my Zorua is suffering the exact same fate. It's rather unnerving.

One thing I am rather enjoying, and was very surprising with: Key Items. I remember seeing a video of someone that had the dowsing machine up, and wondered how they got it like that. Then I notice you can select more than 1. Then I notice, that upon hitting [Y], you're able to select from that list on the fly. Damn! I was not expecting that! That's my second biggest surprise, and a very welcome one at that!

edit: Just thought I'd mention this too. Those doctors that you encounter just before entering places like Pinwheel Forest or Desert Resort are a lifesaver. Figuratively, and Literally! It's made training in there so much easier.

On that note, has anyone else noticed the increase in "pokecenter" like areas?

/CL

R_N
8th March 2011, 5:26 AM
Really? Where in Nimbasa? I usually talk to most if not all the NPCs, so I guess I must have missed that one.

In the house that, I believe, gives you the Sun Stone

Dr. Leggs
8th March 2011, 5:32 AM
Cobalt_Latios, you do know that both of those moves have heightened crit ratios, right? ._____.

Cobalt_Latios
8th March 2011, 5:53 AM
Cobalt_Latios, you do know that both of those moves have heightened crit ratios, right? ._____.
Actually, no, I wasn't aware of that before... thanks for telling me though :/. A little late, but, hey, "better late than never".

Skyla is going to be pleasant...

/CL

Chimchar15
8th March 2011, 6:05 AM
Is anyone else loving how easy it is to jump between PC boxes?! Very, very nice. Also Castelia City at night is beautiful.

Cobalt_Latios
8th March 2011, 6:12 AM
Is anyone else loving how easy it is to jump between PC boxes?! Very, very nice. Also Castelia City at night is beautiful.
This was also a very nice surprise:

"Hmm... now how do I "move" it... oh! Well, that wasn't so difficult".

It's like they took the design from HGSS, said, "oops, this didn't quite work the way we thought it would", and then actually made it work.

Only complaint is that there's no feature to allow for multiple selections. Then again, because you can just drag and drop directly into the next one, it doesn't really take that long anyways.

GF, you have outdone yourself, kudos.

/CL

paddylad
8th March 2011, 6:31 AM
I reckon this is by far the best generation.

Best story. Best/most selection of new pokemon. I can't wait til I get my 2nd game so I can play through the story again!

There are still so many pokemon I haven't had a chance to train, I was so spoilt for choice playing through.

And I am so excited about the dream world. I just wish it was going to be made available sooner than the end of the month :S Still, it'll be worth it to get my paws on a drizzle Poliwag or shadow tag Litwick.

And reusable TMs? Best thing ever.

Cobalt_Latios
8th March 2011, 6:44 AM
I reckon this is by far the best generation.

Best story. Best/most selection of new pokemon. I can't wait til I get my 2nd game so I can play through the story again!
You forgot Best Music. Never has there been a generation where I felt pumped to enter a city. Or not been bored with hearing the same track for a battle theme.

But yes, this will probably be the first gen I do indeed get both versions.

And reusable TMs? Best thing ever.
And now it's not so much, "here's a once-in-a-lifetime-TM, good luck using it!", but rather, "yay, a new TM! Oh, uh, do I need to use this now? No? Alright, I'll wait for something better. Yes? Alright, let's see who can learn it".

Now the only difference is that HMs can be used outside of battle and are harder to forget.

Also, the Pokemon Center/Pokemart. I thought it would be odd, but it's surprisingly efficient.

/CL

R_N
8th March 2011, 6:46 AM
You're going to be waiting even longer for Shadow Tag Litwick

Chimchar15
8th March 2011, 7:24 AM
Also I should get this out now but when I was training on the outside part of Pinwheel Forest, I ran into a wild Sawk and it used Low Sweep on my Tranquill and the text said the move was super effective. This hasn't happened again though but that was odd.

Shine
8th March 2011, 7:37 AM
Also I should get this out now but when I was training on the outside part of Pinwheel Forest, I ran into a wild Sawk and it used Low Sweep on my Tranquill and the text said the move was super effective. This hasn't happened again though but that was odd.

did your Tranquill used Roost before that?

AlsCuppaTea
8th March 2011, 7:38 AM

Yeah I have the same random happenings and then sometimes at the start of the game I suddenly had an outburst of experience, like 350 or something when I hadn't even done the first badge, hey I'm not complaining :P

pokemon123456
8th March 2011, 7:41 AM
Has anyone noticed that this game subtly lets you know which natures boost which stats? If you look at your Pokemon's summary and it has a nature that raises one stat and lowers another, the text for the stat that's raised is a very light red while the text for the stat that's lowered is a very light blue. The neutral stats are white. Thought this was great.

Pink Lapras
8th March 2011, 7:49 AM
The PokeMart Center(TM) is very useful. Your healing and item needs in the one friendly place.

Easier to switch between PC boxes? We have needed that for a long team.

Re-usable TM's have been needed since the very beginning. Infinite experimentation FTW!

Shine
8th March 2011, 7:53 AM
Has anyone noticed that this game subtly lets you know which natures boost which stats? If you look at your Pokemon's summary and it has a nature that raises one stat and lowers another, the text for the stat that's raised is a very light red while the text for the stat that's lowered is a very light blue. The neutral stats are white. Thought this was great.

yeah, it has been like that since 4th Gen ;)

pokemon123456
8th March 2011, 7:58 AM
yeah, it has been like that since 4th Gen ;)

Really? I don't remember it from Diamond, so maybe it started with Platinum or HGSS, neither of which I bought. Either that or I'm not very observant.

Shine
8th March 2011, 8:25 AM
Well, I forgot about D/P/Pt as I rarely plays them nowadays (and can't be bothered to check now :p) but I'm very sure they are on HG/SS.

Kreis
8th March 2011, 8:27 AM
It started with HG/SS, DPPt did not have this feature.

yeminied
8th March 2011, 8:28 AM
Really? I don't remember it from Diamond, so maybe it started with Platinum or HGSS, neither of which I bought. Either that or I'm not very observant.

This first started in HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Pink Lapras
8th March 2011, 8:28 AM
I think he means that it's easier to tell in B/W.

Kreis
8th March 2011, 8:40 AM
I think he means that it's easier to tell in B/W.

But they both have the same feature. Red=beneficial, Blue=detrimental.

Pink Lapras
8th March 2011, 8:58 AM
One more thing I forgot to mention...

A Masuda Method egg now has a 1/1366 chance of hatching shiny. Good news for me if I start hatching for a shiny Snivy or similar awesome Pokemon.

R_N
8th March 2011, 9:00 AM
One more thing I forgot to mention...

A Masuda Method egg now has a 1/1366 chance of hatching shiny. Good news for me if I start hatching for a shiny Snivy or similar awesome Pokemon.

What did it have before?
And if it's lower (...uh...higher?), source?

Kreis
8th March 2011, 9:02 AM
What did it have before?
And if it's lower (...uh...higher?), source?

Before it was:
4/8192

Now it's:
6/8192

http://www.serebii.net/games/shiny.shtml

R_N
8th March 2011, 9:27 AM
Oh, neat.

Unrelated, but did you know that they limited the amount of numbers you can use in your Box names to 4?
Because they did and it annoys me.

myriada
8th March 2011, 9:35 AM
Oh, neat.

Unrelated, but did you know that they limited the amount of numbers you can use in your Box names to 4?
Because they did and it annoys me.It's not just box names, but anywhere you can type text afaik.

Zhanton
8th March 2011, 9:57 AM
Oh, neat.

Because they did and it annoys me.

Why would they do that?
Does this mean that you can still name boxes with more than 4 letters, or do you mean you can only name your boxes with 4 characters all up??

paddylad
8th March 2011, 10:35 AM
You're going to be waiting even longer for Shadow Tag Litwick

I know ;_;

Oh wwll, it'll just be all the sweeter when it does finally arrive.

Chandelure is probably my new favourite pokemon tbh.

myriada
8th March 2011, 11:16 AM
Why would they do that?
Does this mean that you can still name boxes with more than 4 letters, or do you mean you can only name your boxes with 4 characters all up??When entering text like the name of a box, only 4 of however many characters you're allowed can be numbers. You can use a mix of letters and numbers, for boxes a total of 8 characters I think, but no more than four numbers.

Zhanton
8th March 2011, 11:27 AM
When entering text like the name of a box, only 4 of however many characters you're allowed can be numbers. You can use a mix of letters and numbers, for boxes a total of 8 characters I think, but no more than four numbers.

I fail to see why they did that... =/

paddylad
8th March 2011, 12:12 PM
OMG. I randomly talked to some guy in the Castelia Pokemon Centre and he gave me a wide lens, a zoom lens and choice scarf because I've traded with more than 30 people :S

Blazios
8th March 2011, 12:24 PM
OMG. I randomly talked to some guy in the Castelia Pokemon Centre and he gave me a wide lens, a zoom lens and choice scarf because I've traded with more than 30 people :S

Yeah, you get a Master Ball for 50. (http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/hiuntrade.shtml#)

paddylad
8th March 2011, 12:28 PM
Yeah, you get a Master Ball for 50. (http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/hiuntrade.shtml#)

Ah right, didn't know that :o

I was just wishing I had a wide lens and choice scarf.

Now I can get another master ball I can go get Kyurem 8D

Missingno. Master
9th March 2011, 12:17 AM
Don't know if anyone knew this yet, but critical captures aren't 100% guaranteed. A Buizel just broke out of the Ultra Ball I threw that was going to be a critical capture. The other three times I experienced critical captures, I caught the Joltik, the Durant, and the Poliwhirl no problem.

Dr. Leggs
9th March 2011, 12:21 AM
Yeah, it was known that it's not guaranteed. Still very helpful, though.

Chaos Rush
9th March 2011, 2:39 AM
I'm not sure how many people are as observant as I am (one time before HG/SS was released I pointed out that East Sinnoh and West Sinnoh have different trees, and nobody else noticed that and I remember someone actually saying, "How could you notice such a trivial thing!?!?),

BUT, did anyone notice how battles run at 60 FPS? I hated how in Gen IV the entire game ran at 30 FPS, and the battle system in Gen IV was reaaaaally slow. Even though in B/W the overworld still runs at 30 FPS, I'm glad the battle system runs at 60, it looks far more smoother, and even though framerate might not have much to do with it, it's a lot faster too.

lindsy95
9th March 2011, 2:43 AM
How'd you figure out the FPS?

-knows little of technology-

Chaos Rush
9th March 2011, 2:49 AM
How'd you figure out the FPS?

-knows little of technology-
I don't know about you, but I can easily tell by looking at it. It's always the first thing I notice about games. Basically, if it looks reaaaaaally smooth, it's 60 FPS (like Super Mario Galaxy), and if looks choppy and bleh, it's 30 FPS (like Gen IV, Twilight Princess, Super Mario Sunshine).

Maverik
9th March 2011, 2:57 AM
Whoa, that is some amazing news.

yukamina
9th March 2011, 4:57 AM
I did notice battles move faster in BW, didn't know the mechanics, though.

Mario with Lasers
9th March 2011, 5:06 AM
I'm not sure how many people are as observant as I am (one time before HG/SS was released I pointed out that East Sinnoh and West Sinnoh have different trees, and nobody else noticed that and I remember someone actually saying, "How could you notice such a trivial thing!?!?),

BUT, did anyone notice how battles run at 60 FPS? I hated how in Gen IV the entire game ran at 30 FPS, and the battle system in Gen IV was reaaaaally slow. Even though in B/W the overworld still runs at 30 FPS, I'm glad the battle system runs at 60, it looks far more smoother, and even though framerate might not have much to do with it, it's a lot faster too.

Ah, I just knew there was something different in B/W battles and not related to the battle speed; it was the framerate, apparently.

MetalFlygon08
9th March 2011, 7:24 AM
Here's a little somthing cool, go somewhere with bikers (Cycleist work too), and stand still and watch them move, take note of their speed, now, hold B, notice anything about their speed?

9th March 2011, 10:42 AM
Yeah, it was known that they upped the FPS. They had to really. Gen IV battles are unbearably slow. Heck, I haven't even bothered to finish Platinum, because I get so bored.

But they also shortened the animations, the fade out, sped up the text, and removed the annoying "Bleep" sound when reading through text.

Hejiru
9th March 2011, 11:09 AM
Here's a little somthing cool, go somewhere with bikers (Cycleist work too), and stand still and watch them move, take note of their speed, now, hold B, notice anything about their speed?

I just did it; nothing seems to happen...

Chimchar15
9th March 2011, 12:03 PM
I have to say I'm really surprised I didn't here of this earlier but the new animation for flying to another town or city is amazing!!!

TsukiMirage
9th March 2011, 6:37 PM
I didn't notice this the first time, But I was shocked that when you put a pokemon to sleep, Their eyes stay closed til they wake up. That's a neat little addition.

MetalFlygon08
9th March 2011, 6:42 PM
I just did it; nothing seems to happen...

hrm, for me they seem to speed up just a little, at least, the cyclists east of Nimbasa do.

9th March 2011, 8:31 PM
Oh my god, they actually do! Brilliant find. Mind blown.

Ultimate Glalie
9th March 2011, 8:33 PM
I wonder if that was intentional on the programmers' part? Because I don't see any reason for them wanting to include it.

R_N
9th March 2011, 8:37 PM
I tried the bike trick around several people
It didn't work for me at all. I'm saying funny glitch

9th March 2011, 8:38 PM
Maybe it's a reference to all the "Hold B" lies that people still go on about.

Nah, that would be too clever.

Hejiru
9th March 2011, 9:48 PM
I'd be more inclined to think it's just an accidental programming oversight.

LexSuicune
9th March 2011, 9:51 PM

That's great to hear... Battles in Gen IV were somewhat slow.

MagnetonNr1
9th March 2011, 10:04 PM
I like how faster the text is now.
I'm sick of the text being so sluggish.
But now when I go back to playing e.g. Platinum, the text seems soooo slow now.

paddylad
9th March 2011, 11:02 PM

Oh my lord I know, I booted up Platinum to delete some HM moves off Pokemon and it felt ridiculously slow by comparison.

Silent Conversation
9th March 2011, 11:05 PM
Overall, I just love how much faster paced this game is. The text and the battles are minor but very pleasant changes. It's great to see these games finally appealing to the impatient people that make up our modern society.

Cobalt_Latios
10th March 2011, 5:36 AM
Yeah, it was known that they upped the FPS. They had to really. Gen IV battles are unbearably slow. Heck, I haven't even bothered to finish Platinum, because I get so bored.

But they also shortened the animations, the fade out, sped up the text, and removed the annoying "Bleep" sound when reading through text.
Also, when confused, instead of it saying "it hurt itself in confusion", it'll pan back to show the Pokemon hurting themselves instead. Camera over text, love that!

Also, there's a few individuals who do talk slower, but since one of them is elderly, it actually makes sense! That and even on fast text speed, N talks really fast.

Oh my lord I know, I booted up Platinum to delete some HM moves off Pokemon and it felt ridiculously slow by comparison.
Kind of reminds me when I got the gen IV games for the first time. Went back to Emerald. Whoa! What a difference.

Overall, I just love how much faster paced this game is. The text and the battles are minor but very pleasant changes. It's great to see these games finally appealing to the impatient people that make up our modern society.
I also like when how you're in a Sandstorm area, or an area with Weather effects they don't repeatedly tell you "the sandstorm is brewing", they have an indicator on the bottom screen showing you that a weather condition is in effect. Then it just indicates the Pokemon being hurt by it. Or heck, using Dig; right after the opponent misses, it immediately goes to you using it.

It's kind of like the battles are getting to the point as opposed to drawing it out and just "explaining it" to us. Probably because of how the battles are, it allows them to "show" it as opposed to using text to "explain" it.

Part of why the battles aren't nearly as bad.

Another mini tidbit I discovered: have a Pokemon that knows Flash and go into a cave that requires it (Mistralton for instance). Use then, then have the Pokemon that can use it be in the front of your party and go into a battle. Check the PP indicator and it should be half. Or, just look at the summary and it indicate as such. On that note, I'll have to test it with Dig as well.

/CL

Silent Conversation
10th March 2011, 5:40 AM
I also like when how you're in a Sandstorm area, or an area with Weather effects they don't repeatedly tell you "the sandstorm is brewing", they have an indicator on the bottom screen showing you that a weather condition is in effect.

I noticed this but just forgot to mention it. I love this minor change, mostly for two reasons. One, it's simply a lot less annoying. Two, I think that people are aware of something happening when they see it as a picture of graphic more than just text. And it came to the point where nobody even read the weather notifications anymore, so they became pointless. Here, it's not distracting at all, it's there if you want it, and it's more creative and less bland.

MetalFlygon08
10th March 2011, 5:47 AM
For the Weather, IMO it should show the animation at all times during the time it's out, just faded a little, I hate when it get's dark for the rain to start, then get's light again.

Cobalt_Latios
10th March 2011, 6:29 AM
Another thing I've noticed this generation that really helps you save money on potions and Pokemon center visits while training: rest houses and doctors/nurses.

I mean it, go into Desert Resort, there's a doctor you can battle. Beat him, and he'll restore your Pokemon. Before Pinwheel forest, there's a nurse. Same deal. The rest house on Route 4, as well as the one near Chargestone cave on Route 6, the one on Route 7, and the nurse in Celestial Tower. Considering how some of the Pokemon this gen can be a bit more fragile, and you also have to contend with the increased improbability of crits, this is a godsend for training!

/CL

Full Metal Artificer
10th March 2011, 8:41 AM
One thing I love is that the sprite quality of the Pokemon just seems to be a massive improvement over the previous gen. I'm not just talking about the animations, which are great, but they're just crisper and clearer and better looking in general.

Cheska
11th March 2011, 12:02 AM
One thing I love is that the sprite quality of the Pokemon just seems to be a massive improvement over the previous gen. I'm not just talking about the animations, which are great, but they're just crisper and clearer and better looking in general.

I agree for the most part, except for the close ups of your Pokemon when your battling :( They are so pixelated, but the rest of the graphical quality makes up for it.

Cobalt_Latios
11th March 2011, 3:53 AM
I agree for the most part, except for the close ups of your Pokemon when your battling :( They are so pixelated, but the rest of the graphical quality makes up for it.
Well, of course you're going to notice them being pixelated; they're constantly moving, so things are bound to "slip" as it were.

But hey, animation over looks, no?

/CL

Dr. Leggs
11th March 2011, 4:04 AM
It's just because the camera is zoomed in on them. They're not gonna make 700+ more high resolution backsprites for every Pokemon, are they?

R_N
11th March 2011, 5:45 AM
Oh neat
In Lacunosa town's Pokemon Center, there's a Psychic that will tell you the team you beat the gym leaders with. That's a neat touch.

Cobalt_Latios
11th March 2011, 5:59 AM
I've gotta say, out of all the improvements, TMs being re-usable is definitely one of the better ones. Now it's not so much, "hmm, which Pokemon could make the best use of this TM", and more, "What should I teach my Pokemon next?" The only issue is them being harder to find, but considering they're permanent once you get them, it's not such a big deal.

/CL

Chimchar15
11th March 2011, 6:09 AM
I love how the character sprites in game aren't as static as before. In the beginning of the game while Cheren was impatiently waiting for Bianca you could see him tapping his foot, or sometimes when you are talking to Bianca you see her pull down on her hat. Elesa has one of her arms on her hip, and N tends to shake his head at you from time to time. Nice little add-ons. My biggest compliment goes to whoever designed the gyms this time around. Like every gym is phenomenal! Seriously Clay's was amazing, and Skyla's was fun except for that part where you face slammed right into a wall. Lenora had a cool hidden staircase, and Byrcen's was really cool. Putting the ice gym in a cave was a great idea. The only gym I haven't seen yet is Opelucid's but if the last 7 gyms are any indication then I'm sure I'll love that one too.

Cobalt_Latios
11th March 2011, 6:15 AM
I love how the character sprites in game aren't as static as before. In the beginning of the game while Cheren was impatiently waiting for Bianca you could see him tapping his foot, or sometimes when you are talking to Bianca you see her pull down on her hat. Elesa has one of her arms on her hip, and N tends to shake his head at you from time to time. Nice little add-ons. My biggest compliment goes to whoever designed the gyms this time around. Like every gym is phenomenal! Seriously Clay's was amazing, and Skyla's was fun except for that part where you face slammed right into a wall. Lenora had a cool hidden staircase, and Byrcen's was really cool. Putting the ice gym in a cave was a great idea. The only gym I haven't seen yet is Opelucid's but if the last 7 gyms are any indication then I'm sure I'll love that one too.
I've seen video's of Opelucid; they definitely saved the best for last.

In terms of character motions, I think because of the way the sprites for the overworld characters are designed this time, it actually allows them for more "motion", as it were.

Also, I like the idea of the "Lucky Egg" being part of the main quest, as if the programmers knew we'd have a wide assortment of pokes by this point and decided we should have something to make the progress go a bit quicker. Big kudos there.

/CL

Roxas013
11th March 2011, 6:29 AM
im going crazy cuz ive had the game since yesterday but havent played it. i hate the way bianca looks cuz shes wearing a granny dress. Cheren kinda looks lik a smart college girl

HealyHQ
11th March 2011, 7:36 AM
. Cheren kinda looks lik a smart college girl

Cheren is a boy.

Roxas013
11th March 2011, 7:37 AM
i kno thats the problem

R_N
12th March 2011, 5:48 AM
More neat touches that have gone unnoticed. Remember how in DPt your badges could lose their shine and you could rub them back to a shiny luster?
Well it's back! And as your badges get "dirty" the leader portraits get duller, too.

Chimchar15
12th March 2011, 8:11 AM
Hey I know this is a minor detail but I think is pretty cool that in Black the Opelucid gym on the outside has the light dragon on the left and the black one on the right while in white is flipped.

Zhanton
12th March 2011, 8:39 AM
Some little changes that I've noticed so far.
~Now, when your attack misses, it doesn't say "[ATTACK] missed", but instead "[FOE] avoided the attack" or something.
~Before, when your Pokemon was forgetting a move, it would say something like "1...2...3...Poof!" Now it says: "1...2...3...Ta-da!"

Just really minor things that I picked up on hahaha :] I love the way you can actually see the main character's legs, sort of. He looks to be taller, and sort of floating haha ^.^

PokemonOwn
12th March 2011, 9:00 AM
I've gotta say, out of all the improvements, TMs being re-usable is definitely one of the better ones. Now it's not so much, "hmm, which Pokemon could make the best use of this TM", and more, "What should I teach my Pokemon next?" The only issue is them being harder to find, but considering they're permanent once you get them, it's not such a big deal.

/CL

I think it's awesome how the Seven Sages give you all of the good TM's after the games. :P

KickAsh
13th March 2011, 1:15 AM
It's such a relief. I've already taught Work Up to a Pokemon three times, and Scald twice.
And in the post-game, when the money attacks are found in TM form...I cannot wait. I am going to spam Flamethrower and Ice Beam. Woot.

I think it's awesome how the Seven Sages give you all of the good TM's after the games. :P
They give you stat-boosting moves...it's not really that awesome. In fact, one of them gives you Double Team. If anything, that's disappointing.
But speaking of the Seven Sages, does anyone else find them as cool as I do? I think they're awesome. I especially like how their names are colors in different languages (e.g. Gorm means "blue" in Welsh or something), plus they look cool.

Also, I like the idea of the "Lucky Egg" being part of the main quest, as if the programmers knew we'd have a wide assortment of pokes by this point and decided we should have something to make the progress go a bit quicker. Big kudos there.
Could not train Vanillite without the Lucky Egg. Seriously. First I abused the Exp.Share, and then abused the Lucky Egg. Vanillite barely gains any exp without the Lucky Egg, so it was definitely a blessing.

My biggest compliment goes to whoever designed the gyms this time around. Like every gym is phenomenal! Seriously Clay's was amazing, and Skyla's was fun except for that part where you face slammed right into a wall. Lenora had a cool hidden staircase, and Byrcen's was really cool.
^This. The gyms this gen are ASTOUNDING. First of all, it's great how they all look different from outside. That's a nice touch. But the interiors are the best part. Nacrene City Gym was so wonderfully bookish; Castelia City's was cool, with the insect/honey theme and Burgh's art on the walls; Elesa's roller coaster gym was fun (my only nitpick was that when the lids of the cars closed, it looked like they would decapitate the character); Clay's gym was cool, especially the room he was in, and Mistralton Gym's cannons were awesome. Great gyms this gen!

R_N
13th March 2011, 1:28 AM
I trained a Vanillite without the Lucky Egg and had zero problem with it gaining experience. Or even EXP Share

KickAsh
13th March 2011, 1:51 AM
I trained a Vanillite without the Lucky Egg and had zero problem with it gaining experience. Or even EXP Share
Really? Mine was a batch to train. Just makes me all the more bitter then...
EDIT: I only used an Exp Share because my Pokemon were all like level 37 and the Vanillite was level 20, and all the wild Pokemon were like level 32-ish.

mr.tyranitar
13th March 2011, 3:03 AM
That lucky egg was a huge help for me, beasted on training my pokemon team. The gym's were a bit fun also. im barely getting to the dragon gym so i'll have to see what it holds.

Edit: I'd also like to add how they have many more trainers in the most random spots :P. As well with the random trainers who battle you then they are willing to heal your pokemon anytime. Lots of good, helpful addons.

kuyoyo
13th March 2011, 3:04 AM
My biggest compliment goes to whoever designed the gyms this time around. Like every gym is phenomenal! Seriously Clay's was amazing, and Skyla's was fun except for that part where you face slammed right into a wall. Lenora had a cool hidden staircase, and Byrcen's was really cool. Putting the ice gym in a cave was a great idea. The only gym I haven't seen yet is Opelucid's but if the last 7 gyms are any indication then I'm sure I'll love that one too.

I've got to say, this is one of my favourite improvements of the games. The gym designs are just AWESOME. And each Gym building having an individual exterior is even better. Just awesome.

Pingouin7
13th March 2011, 5:48 AM

It's normal.
You know how NPC's turn around to face you if you run near them?

That's the same thing here, except GameFreak made the bikers/cyclists go faster.
That means someone is going to think they can run past them, but oops! The Biker/Cyclist already caught up to them!

Cobalt_Latios
13th March 2011, 6:23 AM
I really like how the did the Roaming Pokemon this time around. Instead of having to randomly guess where Thunderus/Tornadus is, you either notice that there's a storm on the Route your on, or you check the bulletin boards to find out where there is a storm. Makes finding them much easier.

And something I forgot to mention, but has been incredibly neat: Hot keys. Yes, it's doable. When you go to a certain menu in your items (berries, tms/hms, key items, misc.), you may have noticed a blank box next to it. When you "check" it, exit then hit the Y button; you'll notice that particular part of your bag is now quick selected. Very useful.

/CL

R_N
13th March 2011, 7:50 AM
OH man even more neat touches. So you know how Pokemon bounce around in the PokeTransfer? Well Diglett & Dugtrio never do! They just scoot across on the ground.

Valoo.
13th March 2011, 2:29 PM
different languages (e.g. Gorm means "blue" in Welsh or something), plus they look cool.

*Ahem*
Gorm is Irish for blue

Does anyone else find the Gyms very easy? The only one I had a problem with was Skyla. And even then I beat her on my first try

Sponge
13th March 2011, 4:43 PM
Anyone think it would have been great if in Unity Tower you also had the opportunity to battle each trainer you've traded with? (as a CPU opponent)

Maybe it could have taken a team from the battle box (or whatever was in their main team at the time of the trade if they had no battle box team)

MagnetonNr1
13th March 2011, 4:50 PM
Does anyone else find the Gyms very easy? The only one I had a problem with was Skyla. And even then I beat her on my first try
Yes - most gyms are (sadly) very easy. (except for a few)

Chimchar15
13th March 2011, 6:25 PM
Yes - most gyms are (sadly) very easy. (except for a few)

As I stated in other threads no gym leaders were easier than the Sinnoh gym leaders. Seriously they were just pathetic.

1ee7leader
13th March 2011, 7:22 PM
Why is there a random French Trainer on Route 11(?).

KickAsh
14th March 2011, 1:58 AM
As I stated in other threads no gym leaders were easier than the Sinnoh gym leaders. Seriously they were just pathetic.
And the Elite Four...the highest Pokemon on the first run-through (not counting N) is a measly level 50. The second time you face them is the real challenge.

Asmoday
14th March 2011, 2:01 AM
yea i noticed some people in this game dont even speak english lol

R_N
14th March 2011, 2:59 AM
And the Elite Four...the highest Pokemon on the first run-through (not counting N) is a measly level 50. The second time you face them is the real challenge.

You say "measly" but your Pokemon are probably going to be lower, even by the time you get to them. That's the thing about "low" levels, your Pokemon will still be comparable.

They can be tough, too, if you're not careful. Especially the final two fights.

Blueysicle
14th March 2011, 3:08 AM
You say "measly" but your Pokemon are probably going to be lower, even by the time you get to them. That's the thing about "low" levels, your Pokemon will still be comparable.

Yeah, unless you make it a point to level grind, you're Pokemon's levels are probably gonna be lower than the E4's; by the time I reached the Pokemon League my team was on average about Lv. 45.

N and Ghetsis can be a pain, especially if you underestimate them. N's Zoroark alone took out half of my team. But as much as I've heard horror stories over Ghetsis' Hydreigon, I managed to defeat that one in two Brick Breaks from my Scrafty who was four levels lower than it. Mainly because Hydreigon's Focus Blasts kept missing. :P

Xman96
14th March 2011, 3:12 AM
I realized how annoying Zoroark can be. It was illusioned as Klinklang, and I used a fire move on it. I was like O.o when it didn't knock it out. Then it became Zoroark. >.>

Cobalt_Latios
14th March 2011, 3:12 AM
I don't know... haven't fought them yet, but by the looks of things, they have all their "weaknesses" covered.

Which is what I'm partially doing some extra leveling up for.

I managed to get my Serperior to level 55. But I plan on getting it at least level 56-57 on purpose.

And that's basically what I'm getting myself ready for. Those final fights. Making sure I have a good roster that I can easily switch between E4 and well, "endgame".

N and Ghetsis can be a pain, especially if you underestimate them. N's Zoroark alone took out half of my team. But as much as I've heard horror stories over Ghetsis' Hydreigon, I managed to defeat that one in two Brick Breaks from my Scrafty who was four levels lower than it. Mainly because Hydreigon's Focus Blasts kept missing. :P
That's actually quite reassuring for me. I actually plan on sweeping most of Ghetsis's team with a Scrafty, but it ain't an ordinary one. Nope, this one has both Dragon Dance and Dragon Claw... although DC was a bonus. Really, once Cofagrigus starts it, I'm going to start using Dragon Dance, then proceed to start picking off most of his team this way.

Though, I am tempting to swap Brick Break with Hi Jump Kick. Mainly because my Scrafty keeps getting KOd by them from wild Scraggy.

Also, since seeing enough videos, I sort of know what to expect. So KlingKlang won't be a surprise to me.

/CL

Chaos Rush
14th March 2011, 3:14 AM
I do agree that the Gyms were ridiculously easy - they were easier than the pathetic leaders that HG/SS had! I beat the Elite Four today, and I thought they were reasonably challenging, and the final battle was actually really hard. Especially comparing it to previous "final bosses". This might have been my fault for not having any Ice moves, but that Lv54 blue and black three-headed dragon thing (sorry I haven't learned all the names yet) was insanely overpowered - it knocked out most of my entire team in one hit, and one Dragon Pulse took out more than half of my Zekrom's HP.

EDIT: Anyone else kinda wish the levels were higher? Low levels have always bugged me about G/S/C, and B/W's levels are almost as low. I mean, in R/G/B/Y the Champion goes up to Lv65, in R/S/E it's Lv58, in D/P it's Lv66, in Platinum it's Lv62, but in G/S/C it's only Lv50, and in B/W the "Champion" (the equivalent anyway) is only up to Lv54. (but the final boss was admittedly really hard. I restarted because I felt like I rushed the storyline, but the one trainer I faced after the E4 had a whopping Lv65 Gulpin, I felt suddenly underleveled).

red2000
14th March 2011, 3:20 AM
You want challenging, Route 15 post League, there's a pokemon trainer who's Altaria abuses Cotton Guard, it got the best of me the first time but I ended up Swords Dancing my Haxorus and Samurott to take it down

But the Elite 4 rematch and Cynthia are probably the hardest things in the game

Hopefully the 3rd version will have Gym Leader Rematches

KickAsh
14th March 2011, 3:21 AM

I've been grinding, though, so most of my team is already at level 50, and my Krookodile and Vanilluxe are at level 51. And I said measly because (level wise) in comparison to past Elite Fours, Unova's league really is that. In D/P, the lowest leveled Pokemon was 53. The lowest level was 3 levels higher than the Unova league's highest leveled. But I know they can be tough, that's why I'm still on my guard. It is the Elite Four, after all.

And yeah, I looked up Ghetsis' team on Bulbapedia awhile back, and he definitely seems like a threat. N does, too, although mostly because I don't think my Vanilluxe will be able to deal with Zekrom.

they were easier than the pathetic leaders that HG/SS had!
Yeah HG/SS was...not difficult, to say the least.

I don't know... haven't fought them yet, but by the looks of things, they have all their "weaknesses" covered.

Which is what I'm partially doing some extra leveling up for.
I see what you mean. Just for example, Marshall's team. His Throh Sawk, and Conkeldurr all know Stone Edge, and his Mienshao knows Rock Slide, so that pretty much eliminates any chance I have of using Victini against them. It also eliminates any chance of using a Flying-type. So yeah, it probably will be a tough fight.

Blueysicle
14th March 2011, 3:28 AM
Oddly enough, in my battle against him, N sent out his Zoroark as a Zoroark, not disguised as any of his other Pokemon. 0_o

That's actually quite reassuring for me. I actually plan on sweeping most of Ghetsis's team with a Scrafty, but it ain't an ordinary one. Nope, this one has both Dragon Dance and Dragon Claw... although DC was a bonus. Really, once Cofagrigus starts it, I'm going to start using Dragon Dance, then proceed to start picking off most of his team this way.

As much as my Scrafty is awesome, I have to admit I'm not sure how he would have fared against Hydreigon had those Focus Blasts connected. I might have simply gotten lucky, or maybe my Scrafty would have done alright regardless.

This might have been my fault for not having any Ice moves, but that Lv54 blue and black three-headed dragon thing (sorry I haven't learned all the names yet) was insanely overpowered

And the ironic thing is Ghetsis' Hydreigon is underleveled. Zweilous doesn't evolve into Hydreigon until Lv. 64.

Cobalt_Latios
14th March 2011, 5:28 AM
I do agree that the Gyms were ridiculously easy - they were easier than the pathetic leaders that HG/SS had!
Some of the gyms in Black and White can be challenging if you're team isn't set for it. As was the case for me. But yes, once your team is set for it, it's ridiculous. I am especially amazed that the last gym leader's level range isn't even in the mid 40's. Hell, I would have been happy with a level 46 Haxorus sweeping my team, if it meant something to give me a challenge!

I beat the Elite Four today, and I thought they were reasonably challenging, and the final battle was actually really hard. Especially comparing it to previous "final bosses". This might have been my fault for not having any Ice moves, but that Lv54 blue and black three-headed dragon thing (sorry I haven't learned all the names yet) was insanely overpowered - it knocked out most of my entire team in one hit, and one Dragon Pulse took out more than half of my Zekrom's HP.
Yeah, Ghetsis's Hydreigon tends to be considered hax for a whole bunch of different reasons. First being that it's at level 54 when it doesn't evolve to Hydreigon until 64. And, being of the Dark/Dragon typing means that it's quite resilient to most of what you probably used for the E4 in the first place. Assuming of course you didn't change your main team up all that much.

EDIT: Anyone else kinda wish the levels were higher? Low levels have always bugged me about G/S/C, and B/W's levels are almost as low. I mean, in R/G/B/Y the Champion goes up to Lv65
I'll be honest, first time playing Fire Red, it did actually irk me that E4 was a good 10 levels above what you fought as your last gym leader. I don't care if Victory Road was supposed to get you around there, what the hell is the idea with having the E4 start there?

in R/S/E it's Lv58
I think RSE got the levels right, IMO. They were well staggered and allowed for relative ease when taking on the E4. Although... the first guy isn't really that high to begin with, but at least it goes up in decent increments.

in D/P it's Lv66
Considering what happens there, and the massive gap between Eterna and Veilstone, that probably did something right there.

in Platinum it's Lv62,
Not sure about this one though.

but in G/S/C it's only Lv50
Considering there's 2 regions, that was part of the reason they had to stagger the levels a bit.

and in B/W the "Champion" (the equivalent anyway) is only up to Lv54. (but the final boss was admittedly really hard. I restarted because I felt like I rushed the storyline, but the one trainer I faced after the E4 had a whopping Lv65 Gulpin, I felt suddenly underleveled).
For the E4, part of why it is the way it is, is because you can choose the order you want to fight them in.

Haven't fought them yet, but I do plan on doing that very soon.

edit:

And yeah, I looked up Ghetsis' team on Bulbapedia awhile back, and he definitely seems like a threat. N does, too, although mostly because I don't think my Vanilluxe will be able to deal with Zekrom.
I have a Reshiram to deal with. I think I'll manage, I just gotta be very weary about Fire Type moves... unless of course I decide to use Chandelure against it. All things considered, that may happen.

I also have a Scrafty that could probably take it out with Dragon Claw, and a Haxorus, but I'd probably have to Dragon Dance at least once to be able to take him on properly. On that note, I'm getting myself an Elektross armed with Dragon Claw.

Yeah HG/SS was...not difficult, to say the least.
Only problem I had was with Chuck. And even then, it was because of my team layout. Claire was actually easy thanks to both my Gyarados (Ice Fang is a blessing), and my Lucario (sent over from Platinum, it learned Dragon Pulse in the nick of time).

I see what you mean. Just for example, Marshall's team. His Throh Sawk, and Conkeldurr all know Stone Edge, and his Mienshao knows Rock Slide, so that pretty much eliminates any chance I have of using Victini against them. It also eliminates any chance of using a Flying-type. So yeah, it probably will be a tough fight.
I'm not entirely that worried, mind you. Both my Sigilyph and Archeops can outspeed them, except perhaps Mienshao. But I have a Serperior armed with Aerial Ace that could come in handy for that.

As much as my Scrafty is awesome, I have to admit I'm not sure how he would have fared against Hydreigon had those Focus Blasts connected. I might have simply gotten lucky, or maybe my Scrafty would have done alright regardless.
Yeah, I seem to have had good luck with my Zoroark chucking out Focus Blast... so you may have just gotten lucky. Considering a Scraggy about 10 levels lower than my very own Scrafty can take it out using HJK, that does sort of bother me. And this is a Pokemon with surprisingly heavy Defenses.

/CL

Grei
14th March 2011, 5:30 AM
Though, I am tempting to swap Brick Break with Hi Jump Kick. Mainly because my Scrafty keeps getting KOd by them from wild Scraggy.

It's worth it. For the amount of times my Scrafty has missed and crashed (which is not very often), the ability to sweep entire teams with Hi Jump Kick and Bulk Up + Moxie boost makes it very much worth it. Hi Jump Kick doesn't miss that often, and when it does, if Scrafty isn't on the verge of fainting, HJK crashing will not make it automatically KO itself.

Cobalt_Latios
14th March 2011, 5:48 AM
It's worth it. For the amount of times my Scrafty has missed and crashed (which is not very often), the ability to sweep entire teams with Hi Jump Kick and Bulk Up + Moxie boost makes it very much worth it. Hi Jump Kick doesn't miss that often, and when it does, if Scrafty isn't on the verge of fainting, HJK crashing will not make it automatically KO itself.
Yeah, I have it on my other Scrafty. The one I'm currently using (the DD and DC one), doesn't have it, but I'll probably do so once I get my secondary training done. Also, my Scrafty has Shed Skin, and considering what I'm "making" it for, it shall serve it's purpose well.

But, I do have an Adamant Scraggy with Moxie... so I'll probably try that out and see how lethal it can be.

/CL

Chimchar15
14th March 2011, 6:12 AM

Wait I'm talking about SINNOH not Unova. The sinnoh gym leaders were the easiest of any Pokemon game. Their elite four was actually not to bad but still as a whole sucked.

Edit: For Marshal I just used my Simisage with Acrobatics to handle him. His Throh was the most annoying out of all his Pokemon.

Chibi_Muffin
14th March 2011, 6:46 PM
I beat Skyla this morning - literally in three hits, one per 'mon. I take that less to do with her being pathetic though as it is me being overleveled. XP Literally level 40-43. Yay Lucky Egg!

Funny thing I noticed. If you trade and in the trade you recieve a Pokémon with your OT (you're given one of yours, in other words), the message when you get it says 'Welcome Back!' Cute.

Speaking of which, I have a Shelmet to evolve...

KickAsh
14th March 2011, 7:54 PM
It probably would've done fine. Base 115 Sp.Def isn't exactly easy take down, although Scrafty's low HP ensures that there would definitely have been a struggle.

Note: My Scrafty has Shed Skin, and it definitely deserves some credit as a viable ability.

I have a Reshiram to deal with. I think I'll manage, I just gotta be very weary about Fire Type moves... unless of course I decide to use Chandelure against it. All things considered, that may happen.

Maybe Archeops/Carracosta would be a good choice?
Reshiram is weak to Rock, and both of those 'mons can deliver STAB Rock Slide and Stone Edge.
My plan is use Serperior's Coil+Dragon Tail. Serperior can outspeed Zekrom, so I think it might survive a hit or maybe two while it uses Coil, and then deliver a mighty Dragon Tail. If that doesn't work, I'll slap Rock Slide or Rock Tomb on Krookodile and pray.

I'm not entirely that worried, mind you. Both my Sigilyph and Archeops can outspeed them, except perhaps Mienshao. But I have a Serperior armed with Aerial Ace that could come in handy for that.
Victini, my resident Psychic-type, can outspeed his Throh, Sawk, and Conkeldurr, although I question how much damage its Zen Headbutt would do. Zen Headbutt isn't exactly the cream of the Psychic attack crop, although I guess I can hope for flinching and critical hits.

Aurath8
14th March 2011, 8:10 PM
EDIT: Anyone else kinda wish the levels were higher? Low levels have always bugged me about G/S/C, and B/W's levels are almost as low. I mean, in R/G/B/Y the Champion goes up to Lv65, in R/S/E it's Lv58, in D/P it's Lv66, in Platinum it's Lv62, but in G/S/C it's only Lv50, and in B/W the "Champion" (the equivalent anyway) is only up to Lv54. (but the final boss was admittedly really hard. I restarted because I felt like I rushed the storyline, but the one trainer I faced after the E4 had a whopping Lv65 Gulpin, I felt suddenly underleveled).

So you want to grind loads before the E4?

Zhanton
16th March 2011, 12:35 PM
Two things I hated lots and lots about BW, so far:
~The PC System. The whole moving Pokemon to your party is really really complicated and annoying.
~The map. I was moving around the map using the D-pad, but it kept moving a tiny bit and then reverting back to where I originally was. It's hard to explore the map using the D-pad.

Apart from these two flaws, the game is pretty good so far.

LexSuicune
17th March 2011, 3:11 AM
I'm sorry I'm out of the loop here, but is the DW fully functional yet for users outside Japan?

BCVM22
17th March 2011, 3:29 AM
Negative.

www.pokemon-gl.com

Sabonea_Masukippa
17th March 2011, 3:29 AM
^Not until March 30th. Maintenance is scheduled to begin shortly leading up to the 'reopening'.
Am hoping for new areas/games/all 5th gen mon to be available to be put to sleep, but pipe dream is pipe dream.

Grei
17th March 2011, 3:46 AM
EDIT: Anyone else kinda wish the levels were higher? Low levels have always bugged me about G/S/C, and B/W's levels are almost as low.

!?

How can you say that the levels in Unova are low? You can find numerous Pokemon in the 50s range in the tall grass, and pretty much every single trainer found in the eastern section of Unova (post-E4) has Pokemon with their levels in the 60s. We have never gotten so many trainers with such high levels post-game before. And you're saying the levels are as low as GSC's?

R_N
17th March 2011, 4:10 AM
!?

How can you say that the levels in Unova are low? You can find numerous Pokemon in the 50s range in the tall grass, and pretty much every single trainer found in the eastern section of Unova (post-E4) has Pokemon with their levels in the 60s. We have never gotten so many trainers with such high levels post-game before. And you're saying the levels are as low as GSC's?

And the levels certainly didn't feel low when going through, unlike GSC where it took ages to even get near the mid 40s until the jump to Lance's Dragonites. The level curve here is actually pretty good, and waaaay better balanced

rocky505
17th March 2011, 4:26 AM
And the levels certainly didn't feel low when going through, unlike GSC where it took ages to even get near the mid 40s until the jump to Lance's Dragonites. The level curve here is actually pretty good, and waaaay better balanced And we get Audino to easily raise our Pokemon. We couldn't do this with Chansey in GSC.

Chaos Rush
17th March 2011, 4:31 AM
!?

Well, I just restarted White, and I only faced one trainer in east Unova before restarting. He had Lv65 Pokemon, and that's why I wished the levels in the main story were higher, because before E4 I'm always over leveled, and suddenly I'm vastly underleveled O_O.

And the levels certainly didn't feel low when going through, unlike GSC where it took ages to even get near the mid 40s until the jump to Lance's Dragonites. The level curve here is actually pretty good, and waaaay better balanced
It's definitely better than GSC's lack of level progression between Gyms 5-7, but either way B/W's Gym Leaders were waaaaaaaaay too easy. They were easier than Johto's IMO. I was looking forward to having challenging fights, only to be disappointed. Often times I found that their levels were a bit low too, mine were always at least 2 levels above theirs (except the first two leaders). They could have easily made Drayden/Iris use a non-hax Haxorus at Lv48. (oh, and I OHKO'd all of Burgh's Pokemon. I've never done that in a Gym battle using a balanced team before.).

EDIT: Is there a topic anywhere to discuss the speculated third version? There's several things I'd like to discuss, such as Kyurem, the God Stone item, what Pokemon will be at Dragonspiral Tower, what Legendary would N use in the final battle, and if the level curve is adjusted so the Gym Leaders aren't pathetic anymore.

R_N
17th March 2011, 4:37 AM
I still say difficulty is relative. Some gyms gave me trouble, some I just smashed to pieces, but usually I was at or just before the level. I wasn't over leveled at the E4 either which was a fantastic surprise because usually I have to level like an additional 5 levels.
And I had a balanced team and everything.

Also I think that the post game was specifically done so it would be significantly higher. Everyone in the post game has 60-65 level Pokemon (usually with unevolved Pokemon but quite a few fully evolved) which adds some challenge and due to the new EXP mechanics you'll catch up before too long. So even if the main game had levels reaching I don't know 60 we'd probably get a post game of 70s and oh god I'm crying inside now

rocky505
17th March 2011, 4:39 AM
EDIT: Is there a topic anywhere to discuss the speculated third version? There's several things I'd like to discuss, such as Kyurem, the God Stone item, what Pokemon will be at Dragonspiral Tower, what Legendary would N use in the final battle, and if the level curve is adjusted so the Gym Leaders aren't pathetic anymore. http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=481715&page=4 THis should do.

Chaos Rush
So even if the main game had levels reaching I don't know 60 we'd probably get a post game of 70s and oh god I'm crying inside now
lol what's so bad about that? That would have been awesome! Lv75 Jigglypuff!

Grei
Well, I just restarted White, and I only faced one trainer in east Unova before restarting. He had Lv65 Pokemon, and that's why I wished the levels in the main story were higher, because before E4 I'm always over leveled, and suddenly I'm vastly underleveled O_O.

Surprisingly, though, Pokemon in the 50s range can beat those Level 60 trainers easily. I have yet to really be overpowered by anyone in eastern Unova and all of my Pokemon are Lvl. ~55.

It's definitely better than GSC's lack of level progression between Gyms 5-7, but either way B/W's Gym Leaders were waaaaaaaaay too easy. They were easier than Johto's IMO. I was looking forward to having challenging fights, only to be disappointed. Often times I found that their levels were a bit low too, mine were always at least 2 levels above theirs (except the first two leaders). They could have easily made Drayden/Iris use a non-hax Haxorus at Lv48. (oh, and I OHKO'd all of Burgh's Pokemon. I've never done that in a Gym battle using a balanced team before.).

Huh. A lot of people have been saying the Leaders were more difficult this time around (at least, compared to Sinnoh).

Though you could make the battles harder by just not leveling up your Pokemon that much. I do that and the game is much more enjoyable that way.

Cobalt_Latios
17th March 2011, 4:40 AM
I'm going to go out on a limb here with a hypothetical theory as to why some people think the levels are... "skewed", as it were.

I started playing with G/S/C, so I was okay with the leveling up (my leveling didn't go so well, and pretty much ended up like most people I'm come across). Once I got Sapphire as my first gen 3 game, I did notice the level hike a bit. I also noticed I didn't have nearly as much trouble with the regional E4 as I did in the previous gen. I was also a bit better with leveling up. Once Fire Red hit the scene, I'd gotten somewhat used to the leveling convention from Sapphire, and seeing as Fire Red was relatively similar, I was okay with it... until the E4, where the level spike was noticeable (cue me hacking in some rare candies to take on the E4... no joke!). Once Emerald came along, then Diamond, then Platinum, which all had relatively the same leveling convention, I'd gotten used to steady level increments from each area.

Then Heart Gold/Soul Silver comes into play, and I suddenly realized that G/S/C had really awkward leveling conventions. I actually had to double check to see if the original games were like this. Lo and behold, they were. The excuse, I guess, was that seeing as this is 2 regions as opposed to just 1, they had to pan it out somehow, so they had level 40-45 be the level cap before post game.

As for Black and White... they actually had a decent leveling increments. It was around the height, if only slightly above, that of HGSS, yet, it had the steady pace of levels around the same as RSE/DPPt (which I'm sure many of us got used to over time... would that also include RGBY/FRLG?). So, while the level cap may be somewhat under what it was for say... everything but 2nd gen, the levels for the wild Pokemon themselves went up at a reasonable pace. It says something when back in Soul Silver I was around gym 7 and fighting Pokemon in the level 15-18 region, while the route just after it had Pokemon at about level 25-27, while in B/W, you have normal grass being at about 30-35, and dark grass being about 36-38.

On that note, the dark grass was a clever idea. That way, if you feel you want to get more experience points quicker and want an easy way to do so, just go in. That and you can potentially level up 2 pokes at once. Really like it.

/CL

R_N
17th March 2011, 4:46 AM
lol what's so bad about that? That would have been awesome! Lv75 Jigglypuff!

Level 75 Abomasnow
Level 75 Hippowdon
Level 75 so on

oh god cynthia and morimoto and then there's the Riches family.....

Cobalt_Latios
17th March 2011, 5:03 AM
Level 75 Abomasnow
Level 75 Hippowdon
Level 75 so on

oh god cynthia and morimoto and then there's the Riches family.....
All at 75?? O_o; am very worried now ;_;...

/CL

Porygandrew
17th March 2011, 4:57 PM
I'm going to go out on a limb here with a hypothetical theory as to why some people think the levels are... "skewed", as it were.

I started playing with G/S/C, so I was okay with the leveling up (my leveling didn't go so well, and pretty much ended up like most people I'm come across). Once I got Sapphire as my first gen 3 game, I did notice the level hike a bit. I also noticed I didn't have nearly as much trouble with the regional E4 as I did in the previous gen. I was also a bit better with leveling up. Once Fire Red hit the scene, I'd gotten somewhat used to the leveling convention from Sapphire, and seeing as Fire Red was relatively similar, I was okay with it... until the E4, where the level spike was noticeable (cue me hacking in some rare candies to take on the E4... no joke!). Once Emerald came along, then Diamond, then Platinum, which all had relatively the same leveling convention, I'd gotten used to steady level increments from each area.

Then Heart Gold/Soul Silver comes into play, and I suddenly realized that G/S/C had really awkward leveling conventions. I actually had to double check to see if the original games were like this. Lo and behold, they were. The excuse, I guess, was that seeing as this is 2 regions as opposed to just 1, they had to pan it out somehow, so they had level 40-45 be the level cap before post game.

As for Black and White... they actually had a decent leveling increments. It was around the height, if only slightly above, that of HGSS, yet, it had the steady pace of levels around the same as RSE/DPPt (which I'm sure many of us got used to over time... would that also include RGBY/FRLG?). So, while the level cap may be somewhat under what it was for say... everything but 2nd gen, the levels for the wild Pokemon themselves went up at a reasonable pace. It says something when back in Soul Silver I was around gym 7 and fighting Pokemon in the level 15-18 region, while the route just after it had Pokemon at about level 25-27, while in B/W, you have normal grass being at about 30-35, and dark grass being about 36-38.

On that note, the dark grass was a clever idea. That way, if you feel you want to get more experience points quicker and want an easy way to do so, just go in. That and you can potentially level up 2 pokes at once. Really like it.

/CL

I think the problem with Gen 2 was that levels were reset for wild pokemon when you hit Kanto, and sometimes trainers? I can't remember. in B/W we essentially unlock the "other half of the map" like Gen 2, but the levels continue to increase instead of falling back down.

I have no problem with dark grass, but I found it much more convenient and quicker to make Audinos appear. I suppose if Audinos didn't have their Exp. gains, dark patches is the second-best option.

Zhanton
19th March 2011, 1:33 PM
Does anybody else think the TV Shows shown on the various TVs in houses are absolutely hilarious?
I was 'watching' an episode of The Move Show or something. They were interviewing Dr Technic Al'Machine. He was talking about the move Quiver Dance, explaining it's usefulness. Then he says something like this:
"But Quiver Dance has a very practical use. Say, for example, you were invited to a friend's birthday party, but forgot a gift. At the party, you could use Quiver Dance as a distraction, so it would be harder for your friend to hit you."
I was like LOL WHAT? HAHAHAHAHA
Another interesting interview was about the move Sky Drop or whatever it's English equivalent is. Dr Al'Machine was describing it's battle effect, then said something like:
"Sky Drop was a practical use: Showing off. You could use this move on yourself, then fly into the air. Just brace yourself for the landing!"
Of course, he said it in a more weird yet exciting way. The announcer would normally say "Ah, I see. Well I've learned alot." This time, he said:
"Er, that seems dangerous. Erm, well I've learned a lot."
HAHAHA!

TehBrawlGuy~
19th March 2011, 2:49 PM
Technic Al'machine is probably the funniest thing in BW. I watch the TV specifically to see his shows, no joke.

lindsy95
19th March 2011, 3:14 PM
Yeah, I actually want to watch tv now XD

Zhanton
20th March 2011, 6:16 AM
Technic Al'machine is probably the funniest thing in BW. I watch the TV specifically to see his shows, no joke.

Yup, that's exactly why I watch the TVs too! There was also one funny episode of the show regarding items, but I can't remember the details.

RedMage23
20th March 2011, 3:38 PM
I can't be the only one who thinks that the Poketch was a lot more practical than the C-Gear. I mean come on, the Poketch was practically the Android smart phone of the Pokemon World, and then they replace it with something that, albeit convenient and innovative, is a lot more incidental in its functionality.

LexSuicune
21st March 2011, 2:04 AM
I think they hit the nail in the head with HGSS, the Poketch, your Pokemon following you, they should've kept improving from there IMO, why change what's not broken.

Just evolve from there. eh.

R_N
21st March 2011, 2:08 AM
I didn't find the Poketch that great enough to warrant mourning its loss.
It was neat, but the only really useful parts was the happiness checker & clock

Cobalt_Latios
21st March 2011, 2:22 AM
I didn't find the Poketch that great enough to warrant mourning its loss.
It was neat, but the only really useful parts was the happiness checker & clock
The memo pad, and the step checker. But, yeah, there wasn't all that much.

/CL

Porygandrew
21st March 2011, 2:31 AM
I can't be the only one who thinks that the Poketch was a lot more practical than the C-Gear.

Never used the C-Gear until today (I don't think). So far it's been the most useless of any generation's Gadget and I never keep it on. There's more worth in reserving my DS's battery power than trying to use the C-Gear.

The X-Transceiver function has to be the most useless part of it, as well. At the very least, couldn't they allow you to contact Cheren, Bianca, Juniper, and your mom like the pokegear does? At least that way they can part some general knowledge or advice so it's not completely useless.

saturnling88
21st March 2011, 2:34 AM
Hey the C-Gear isn't that bad, my friend and I made a quick trade (IR) without even having to go to the pokemon center. It was pretty cool.

BCVM22
21st March 2011, 2:38 AM
Never used the C-Gear until today (I don't think). So far it's been the most useless of any generation's Gadget and I never keep it on. There's more worth in reserving my DS's battery power than trying to use the C-Gear.

The C-Gear serves an entirely different purpose than the Pokégear and Pokétch did, though.

Cobalt_Latios
21st March 2011, 5:05 AM
It's mainly for use with Wireless functionality and for trading. I tested out the trading... fastest it's ever been. Next to instant, really.

Of course, you need to have a friend with the game as well, but a friend's friend works just as well.

The X-Transceiver function has to be the most useless part of it, as well. At the very least, couldn't they allow you to contact Cheren, Bianca, Juniper, and your mom like the pokegear does?
Again, that's just some bonus stuff for the DSi/XL/3DS. In fact, the DSLite/i/XL has slot next the the headphone jack, that basically ended up as a microphone jack that went quite well with Diamond and Pearls Wireless connection and the ability to chat. You didn't have to use it, but it was there.

/CL

Grei
21st March 2011, 5:20 AM

The X-Transceiver function has to be the most useless part of it, as well. At the very least, couldn't they allow you to contact Cheren, Bianca, Juniper, and your mom like the pokegear does? At least that way they can part some general knowledge or advice so it's not completely useless.

(Is the C-Gear the name of the watch itself? Or is the name of the watch the XTransceiver, with the C-Gear being a program installed?)

Obviously the C-Gear is going to be useless if you compare it to the Poketch/PokeGear/PokeNav and found the Poketch/PokeGear/PokeNav to be more useful. The C-Gear/XTransceiver serves an entirely different purpose than the previous gadgets. That doesn't make it useless, though. I have Wi-Fi connection and I find it to be very useful. I think the PokeNav and PokeGear were generally useful more often than the C-Gear is, because they had good uses in-game. The Poketch was cool, and it had some nice features, but overall it was a little boring. C-Gear/XTransceiver just doesn't have those in-game features, but just because it's useless to some individuals doesn't make it useless in and of itself.

Mario with Lasers
21st March 2011, 5:35 AM
I couldn't care less about the C-Gear, but I wish we had the menu on the screen instead of the C-Gear when it's turned off. Nothing really gameplay-changing, I just can't see why they didn't make so, after HGSS and all.

Cobalt_Latios
21st March 2011, 6:23 AM
I couldn't care less about the C-Gear, but I wish we had the menu on the screen instead of the C-Gear when it's turned off. Nothing really gameplay-changing, I just can't see why they didn't make so, after HGSS and all.
At least it appears on the bottom screen when you hit the X button, but yeah, I see what you're getting at.

And heck, now that you can "hotkey" different item selections to the Y button... sometimes I just hit Y, scroll down to a specified one and go from there.

/CL

fireice
21st March 2011, 11:04 AM
am I the only one who liked the pokedex in Heartgold and soulsilver better.

The grid was much quicker and easier on the eyes

this long list in Black/White is so tedious to navigate in comparison

Hejiru
21st March 2011, 12:35 PM

No, I agree; the HGSS layout was very nifty.

(Is the C-Gear the name of the watch itself? Or is the name of the watch the XTransceiver, with the C-Gear being a program installed?)

Obviously the C-Gear is going to be useless if you compare it to the Poketch/PokeGear/PokeNav and found the Poketch/PokeGear/PokeNav to be more useful. The C-Gear/XTransceiver serves an entirely different purpose than the previous gadgets. That doesn't make it useless, though. I have Wi-Fi connection and I find it to be very useful. I think the PokeNav and PokeGear were generally useful more often than the C-Gear is, because they had good uses in-game. The Poketch was cool, and it had some nice features, but overall it was a little boring. C-Gear/XTransceiver just doesn't have those in-game features, but just because it's useless to some individuals doesn't make it useless in and of itself.

Isn't C-gear useless unless you have something next to you playing the game as well?

If you ask me, the Poketch was incredibly useful. I wish they'd bring it back. The Pokenav was pretty lame/useless.

RedMage23
23rd March 2011, 9:17 AM
If you ask me, the Poketch was incredibly useful. I wish they'd bring it back. The Pokenav was pretty lame/useless.

Exactly, the Pokenav was inferior to the Pokegear.

I also feel like Bebe perfected the Pokemon storage system. Amanita's seems like a step back (albeit a small step) from that.

Hejiru
23rd March 2011, 2:06 PM
The TV is really cool this gen. It has one show that tells you Pokemon's Japanese names and the meaning behind them.

MetalFlygon08
23rd March 2011, 3:57 PM

the Pokedex has a nifty scroller you can just drag down.

R_N
23rd March 2011, 5:00 PM
Exactly, the Pokenav was inferior to the Pokegear.

I also feel like Bebe perfected the Pokemon storage system. Amanita's seems like a step back (albeit a small step) from that.

I feel Amanita's is a step forward in certain regards (l/r shifting is back, you can move things around easier, you can now pick things up and shift them box by box by pushing them on the arrow), and the only real loss would be the lack of search by Marking (eh) and the ability to select multiple Pokemon at once (which isn't that bad once you get used to how the move system works)

help
24th March 2011, 7:58 AM
Is it just me or does that skeleton of the dragon look like dragonite? Also I know where to get this game for free!

BCVM22
24th March 2011, 8:05 AM
Is it just me or does that skeleton of the dragon look like dragonite?

That's supposed to be the point, yes.

Also I know where to get this game for free!

Not legally/legitimately, you don't.

LexSuicune
24th March 2011, 7:42 PM
the Pokedex has a nifty scroller you can just drag down.

I believe the Pokedex needs some major overhauling, the sheer quantity of Pokemon makes it a little bit tiresome to scroll down and I believe the search option is nice and all, but some optimizing in the mainframe of the device would be phenomenal.

Perhaps sliding grids or something. I dunno.

AmusedMilk
24th March 2011, 10:46 PM
I think they hit the nail in the head with HGSS, the Poketch, your Pokemon following you, they should've kept improving from there IMO, why change what's not broken.

So they bring it back in Gray, and everybody buys it.

lindsy95
24th March 2011, 11:01 PM
Haha, I can't wait to buy grey then.

PsychoIncarnate
24th March 2011, 11:41 PM
I miss the multi-functionality of the gear (Bottom touch screen) in Platinum.

I rarely use the C-gear, but I always used at least 1 app in platinum.

Whether it be the notepad for keeping track of ev's or the daycare center app for breeding to just messing around with the happiness meter since they are all floating around for some bizzare reason.

So they bring it back in Gray, and everybody buys it.

They aren't going to reintroduce following pokemon in Grey, mostly because of the theme of this game. Team Plasma's rants of pokemon trapped in their pokeballs.

The illusion would be ruined

Sabonea_Masukippa
25th March 2011, 12:23 AM
^Wait you mean there's a perfectly logical reason for why they did that?! What!? This is outrageous!! etc etc

And they can still bring it back in Grey, if they want, just after the main story (maybe Juniper or someone says 'Hey maybe TP had a point.' *let's out one of your Pokemon from their Pokeyballs*

Dr. Leggs
25th March 2011, 1:40 AM
I mean, Plasma didn't specifically focus on Pokemon being trapped inside of Pokeballs as opposed to them simply being possessed by the trainer. Following Pokemon doesn't really mess with that.

R_N
25th March 2011, 1:42 AM
I mean, Plasma didn't specifically focus on Pokemon being trapped inside of Pokeballs as opposed to them simply being possessed by the trainer. Following Pokemon doesn't really mess with that.

"POKEMON AND PEOPLE CAN'T BE FRIENDS AND LIVE TOGETHER"

*trainers blatantly letting their Pokemon out of their balls in a true show of friendship and being together*

rocky505
25th March 2011, 1:55 AM
So they bring it back in Gray, and everybody buys it. This will not happen in the 3rd game. The only chances of it returning are in the next remake games.

Grei
25th March 2011, 2:03 AM

Just evolve from there. eh.

HGSS did not have the Poketch.

They aren't going to reintroduce following pokemon in Grey, mostly because of the theme of this game. Team Plasma's rants of pokemon trapped in their pokeballs.

The illusion would be ruined

Actually, the presence of following Pokemon could create a more powerful visual effect, moreso than ruining any "illusion."

I mean, think of it. In Accumula Town, you see Ghetsis' speech amid a crowd of people with their Pokemon, who are outside their Pokeballs. Maybe you could see one or two of them "liberating" their Pokemon. By the time you see Ghetsis' speech in Opelucid City, the crowd has far fewer Pokemon hanging around, showing how Team Plasma has been impacting the Unova region.

And along the way, you could meet people who have already (or are considering) releasing their Pokemon. I think that would be really neat.

But even if they don't have following Pokemon, I hope overworld sprites for every 5th Gen Pokemon is programmed into Grey. That way, the Dream World could start to host Unovan Pokemon.

KickAsh
25th March 2011, 2:19 AM
And along the way, you could meet people who have already (or are considering) releasing their Pokemon. I think that would be really neat.
In Opelucid City, there was one man who said something along the lines of "I spent many long years training with my Pokemon, and we became close friends. But if releasing them would make them higher beings, what can I do but let them go?"
But still, that was only one guy. I agree, if more people said it, then the effect of Team Plasma would be more evident.

MetalFlygon08
25th March 2011, 6:01 AM
or at least letting the Player carry one outside makes sense, N even mentions how it will break his heart a little to have to seperate 2 with bonds like yours, but that there are more foolish trainers than caring ones.

TsukiMirage
25th March 2011, 6:33 AM
It would be visually better if they had the pokemon N's uses follow him instead of him using pokeballs.

yeminied
25th March 2011, 6:43 AM
As much as I would like following Pokémon to be in every game from now on I see following Pokémon as being a tradition for the remake games.

Professor Elm asked you to have Pokémon follow you to see if it influenced something and Professor Birch could ask you to have your Pokémon follow you so they could be in their natural environment more.

LexSuicune
27th March 2011, 5:43 PM
I wouldn't mind if it was only on remakes as long as they keep it in the games, I very much liked it.

mythdude123
28th March 2011, 3:00 AM
I doubt game freak will make a pokemon game with a better story than black and white. But they did surprise me with emerald. On a side note, I'm pretty sure there is not going to be a third game of black and white.

R_N
28th March 2011, 3:01 AM
I doubt game freak will make a pokemon game with a better story than black and white. But they did surprise me with emerald. On a side note, I'm pretty sure there is not going to be a third game of black and white.

Oh?
And what makes you say that?

mythdude123
28th March 2011, 3:07 AM
Well, for a pokemon grey, they'd have to somehow make kyurem the star. I don't know how that would be possible with N having Reshiram/Zekrom against you in black and white. The whole ending would be changed.And also, somewhere online i read that there wasn't going to be a pokemon grey.

Sabonea_Masukippa
28th March 2011, 3:13 AM
Well, for a pokemon grey, they'd have to somehow make kyurem the star. I don't know how that would be possible with N having Reshiram/Zekrom against you in black and white. The whole ending would be changed.

Kyurem, going by DP->Pt tradition, could be in for a new forme in the third game which could turn it into a 'star'. They could always surprise us and make Landorus or Cabalion the box legendary though.

Regardless, changing the plot/ending is not so much of an issue. They've done fairly significant changes in the last two third versions.

And also, somewhere online i read that there wasn't going to be a pokemon grey.

A comment by an employee of GF that was made while promoting BW and very possibly misunderstood or mistranslated. Also, Masuda, when learning of this, was surprised to the point of almost saying 'WTF?' (he was asked in an interview, video of which is available somewhere).

DestroyerOfWorlds
28th March 2011, 3:17 AM
Ummm.... "something you read online" isn't very reliable.

And I think I know what you mean, but think about it. It's Pokemon, it'll make $100,000,000 within a week of being released, money is still money, Nintendo is making Grey.

And as for the storyline issues, remember how R/S had version exclusive baddies? Remember how Emerald still happened?

mythdude123
28th March 2011, 3:17 AM
I'm just saying that i think there won't be a pokemon grey. They'll make a movie about kyurem and give an event where it has freeze shock and ice burn since no pokemon learns those moves like v-create. And victini is getting v-create as an event for a movie.

DestroyerOfWorlds
28th March 2011, 3:27 AM
...But Kyurem's signature moves ACTUALLY MAKE MORE SENSE AS PART OF A 3RD VERSION STORYLINE as opposed to Victini's signature move, which is just the sort of flashy supermove that would tie in nicely with a movie. Freeze Shock and Ice Burn are very close to an admission on the part of Gamefreak that there will be a Grey, they're already done with it, and they're going to stall for a couple years until they release it.

Sabonea_Masukippa
28th March 2011, 3:30 AM
^They're not 'done' by any stretch of the imagination. Although some elements may be worked on simultaneously (some plot elements, back story or formes, for example), the actual 'development' of the 3rd version always begins after the first two are released. They're not just 'sitting on their hands' waiting for 2 years to come up so they can release it.

mythdude123
28th March 2011, 4:00 AM
I just don't understand how they will make a pokemon grey with so many version exclusives. Emerald was easy with the team difference, they just added a team magma base

R_N
28th March 2011, 4:08 AM
I just don't understand how they will make a pokemon grey with so many version exclusives. Emerald was easy with the team difference, they just added a team magma base

There's tons of ways to handle, probably based around how they handle Kyurem's role.

mythdude123
28th March 2011, 5:06 AM
Well with the ying and yang thing going on with reshiram and zekrom, if they do make a pokemon grey, kyurem would have to be the remants of zekroms and reshirams once fused bodies. That is the only way Pokemon grey would work.

Sabonea_Masukippa
28th March 2011, 5:12 AM
^Which is one of the major theories behind Kyurem's appearance and history; that it is the remnants of the Dragon that the R@ms came from

cottageboy789
28th March 2011, 5:17 AM
^Which is one of the major theories behind Kyurem's appearance and history; that it is the remnants of the Dragon that the R@ms came from

That would explain it's deformed appearance, the asymmetricalness. THe different sized wings always confused me, but now they make sense.

DestroyerOfWorlds
28th March 2011, 5:20 AM
See, I thought that that bit about Kyurem being a shell of a greater being had already been confirmed.

LexSuicune
28th March 2011, 6:51 AM
I'm very interested in Kyurem's backstory, specially the bit about it being frozen since the olden days.

Grei
28th March 2011, 6:52 AM
See, I thought that that bit about Kyurem being a shell of a greater being had already been confirmed.

No. There is currently no "confirmed" explanation for why Kyurem is in the state that it is in. Any theory saying that Kyurem is a remnant of something or a de-powered version of something or the dragon companion to a lost third brother is just that--a theory.

All we know about it is what can be gathered from its Pokedex entries, and from the stories told in Lacunosa.