PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Black and White General Discussion

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

bobandbill
19th September 2010, 12:13 PM
Discuss anything about the Black and White games not covered by any other specific thread (character discussion, The Isshu Region discussion thread, etc).

Warning - do not spam, or argue, or post off-topic, etc - basically standard rules apply. Warnings/infractions may be given if they are broken here.

Discuss away!

~Hot~as~Ice~
19th September 2010, 3:07 PM
Do we have a complete list of version exclusives yet? This game has taken a while to leak completely.

Meloetta
19th September 2010, 5:24 PM
Meloetta, Keldeo, Kyurem, and Genesect are confirmed names of the legends.

du1387
19th September 2010, 5:34 PM
Do we have a complete list of version exclusives yet? This game has taken a while to leak completely.

We have everything pre-national dex.

Beck
19th September 2010, 6:01 PM
We have everything pre-national dex.

We don't know all of the version exclusives, though. There's a fair few who could go either way.

du1387
19th September 2010, 6:07 PM
^^^ I thought we knew... oh well. lol. What pokemon could go either way?

Electric
19th September 2010, 6:10 PM
Meloetta, Keldeo, Kyurem, and Genesect are confirmed names of the legends.

Why would there be websites named after them? I never understood that.

Also like how every Pokemon (almost) got a new ability, but I don't understand the Slip Through one.

xmikeyxlikesitx
19th September 2010, 6:50 PM

Also like how every Pokemon (almost) got a new ability, but I don't understand the Slip Through one.

I'm pretty sure Slip Through allows you to basically ignore Reflect and Light Screen.

Why?
No idea.

Wordy
19th September 2010, 6:58 PM
Correct! Slip Through acts as if Reflect and Light Screen are never there, meaning that the ability user's attacks are only impeded by direct stat boosts and drops. It's Erufuun exclusive ingame, but a lot of Dream Worlders can have this ability.

Grei
19th September 2010, 7:08 PM

It's a way of trademarking the name.

I think Slip Through means you attack regardless of if the opponent is using Protect or Detect (maybe it even extends to being able to attack through moves like Reflect and Light Screen without having your attack strength lowered). EDIT: Ninja'd. So do Protect and Detect still work, then?

Anyway, my understanding of the version-exclusives:

Black
Monmen
Goichuzeru
Wargle
Reshiram
(Shaga--is that his name?)
Black City

White
Churine
Ranculus
Vuljina
Zekrom
Iris
White Forest

There may be more. I know that Torunerosu and Boruterosu are version exclusive Legendaries, although I don't know which Legendary goes in which version.

xmikeyxlikesitx
19th September 2010, 7:17 PM
It's a way of trademarking the name.

I think Slip Through means you attack regardless of if the opponent is using Protect or Detect (maybe it even extends to being able to attack through moves like Reflect and Light Screen without having your attack strength lowered). EDIT: Ninja'd. So do Protect and Detect still work, then?

Anyway, my understanding of the version-exclusives:

Black
Monmen
Goichuzeru
Wargle
Reshiram
Black City

White
Churine
Ranculus
Vuljina
Zekrom
Iris
White Forest

There may be more. I know that Torunerosu and Boruterosu are version exclusive Legendaries, although I don't know which Legendary goes in which version.

I believe that Torunerosu is Black exclusive, while Boruterosu is White exclusive.

Does anyone know if Kurumiru and Fushide are version exclusive?

With Rankurusu and Barujina, I'd be über happy if Fushide was available in White. I haven't gotten that far, yet.

Shadow-charizard
19th September 2010, 7:45 PM
Black
Monmen
Goichuzeru
Wargle
Reshiram
Black City

White
Churine
Ranculus
Vuljina
Zekrom
Iris
White Forest

Torunerosu is black only, but wargle i think isn't because giancarlopa is doing a walkthrough and he has wargle and zekrom

Grei
19th September 2010, 8:00 PM
That's good to hear. Now I can get Wargle no matter which version I decide (I was going to go with Black anyway).

So... people have been able to get Dream World Pokemon before getting the National Dex, right? Transferring Dream World Pokemon is allowed while you still have the Regional Dex, correct? Or has anyone actually been able to use the Dream World yet?

CaptainCombusken
19th September 2010, 8:15 PM
I believe that Torunerosu is Black exclusive, while Boruterosu is White exclusive.

Does anyone know if Kurumiru and Fushide are version exclusive?

With Rankurusu and Barujina, I'd be über happy if Fushide was available in White. I haven't gotten that far, yet.

Kurumiru is Black, Futsude in White. I thought that was officially revealed?

Bannana Tim
19th September 2010, 8:18 PM
Have we gotten screenshots of any full in-game towns or routes yet?

Ungoliath
19th September 2010, 8:33 PM
So it's white to me. The dark maiden is not as cool as Rankurusu and Churine evo is simply awesome.

R_N
19th September 2010, 8:38 PM
Kurumiru is Black, Futsude in White. I thought that was officially revealed?

Uh, no? You're probably thinking of Monmen & Churine.
The Futsude hasn't even been officially revealed.

Slimslamer
19th September 2010, 8:43 PM
Is it just me, or is Mischievous Heart seriously one of the most amazing abilities out there?

Also I'm torn, I love Rankurusu and Gorugozu, but Erufunn alone is almost enough to make me consider black...

Ungoliath
19th September 2010, 9:03 PM
Is it just me, or is Mischievous Heart seriously one of the most amazing abilities out there?
And Sableye has it. :C ;302;
I'm soooooooooooooooo happy with that. And also learns a new attack that has more power if the enemy has more attack (Which is probably 97% of the time :P) and new TM's that can average the stats of Attack and Defense status.

Ohhhh, how much I love strategy.

Slimslamer
19th September 2010, 9:34 PM
And Sableye has it. :C ;302;
I'm soooooooooooooooo happy with that. And also learns a new attack that has more power if the enemy has more attack (Which is probably 97% of the time :P) and new TM's that can average the stats of Attack and Defense status.

Ohhhh, how much I love strategy.

My one worry is that it doesn't look like poor ole' erufunn gets much in the way of stat-boosters outside of growth. I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised, but it seems like such a waste of a great pokemon/ability. (here's to hoping she learns Calm Mind or Bulk up, because if she does... she will be a monster)

Also, yeah, the stats listed keep changing, now Agirudaan is listed with 145 speed again. Also, he has Unburden, and 100 Special attack, and a movepool boasting Bug Buzz and recover. <3 ninja clams.

Lorde
19th September 2010, 9:39 PM
Have we gotten screenshots of any full in-game towns or routes yet?

Um no, I don't think so. In fact, our best bet when it comes to full images of the Isshu towns and routes would be via some sort of guidebook scan as was the case with full images from Diamond and Pearl back in 2006. I think we can expect the same thing this time for Black and White so I'd say wait a few weeks :p

Ungoliath
19th September 2010, 9:55 PM
My one worry is that it doesn't look like poor ole' erufunn gets much in the way of stat-boosters outside of growth. I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised, but it seems like such a waste of a great pokemon/ability. (here's to hoping she learns Calm Mind or Bulk up, because if she does... she will be a monster)

Also, yeah, the stats listed keep changing, now Agirudaan is listed with 145 speed again. Also, he has Unburden, and 100 Special attack, and a movepool boasting Bug Buzz and recover. <3 ninja clams.
No worries, there is plenty TM's that works under Stat Changes. Which makes me wonder if there is any list yet of who learns what TM.

And well, I guess we will have to wait a few days until we can fully trust the Pokedex of the websites. And yeah, lately I'm a fond of that Pokemon and Shubarugo. And I never, ever liked Bug Pokemon.

Wordy
19th September 2010, 10:06 PM
No worries, there is plenty TM's that works under Stat Changes. Which makes me wonder if there is any list yet of who learns what TM.

And well, I guess we will have to wait a few days until we can fully trust the Pokedex of the websites. And yeah, lately I'm a fond of that Pokemon and Shubarugo. And I never, ever liked Bug Pokemon.

List of who learns what TM in my sig under TMs and HMs. Link here (http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2992559&postcount=1).

Ungoliath
19th September 2010, 10:16 PM
List of who learns what TM in my sig under TMs and HMs. Link here (http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2992559&postcount=1).
Love you!

And in the same time, it's a completely SHAME that it doesn't learn Power Share and Guard Share. But oh well, I'll see how I use that move alongside a Baton Passer.

Slimslamer
19th September 2010, 11:15 PM

Erufunn literally gets nothing... this is so dissapointing.

Edit: What does 'Troll' do?

Wordy
19th September 2010, 11:23 PM
Once again, sig.

Linky (http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2998109&postcount=29)

[M496]Troll: Special Normal PP: 15 Power: 60 / Accuracy: 100 Effect: Raises Base Power the more Pokemon you have with the attack.

Rainbowdashtheawesome
19th September 2010, 11:26 PM
Edit: What does 'Troll' do?

This:
"You suck! Pokemon sucks! Everything I find anything wrong with at all sucks! This is the worst gen ever! I hate you all!"

Edit: Oh, you meant the move, not the person...

Slimslamer
19th September 2010, 11:31 PM
Once again, sig.

Ahh, thanks. Well, now I'm curious about how Troll works. Does it raise Erufunn's attack or special attack or both, and is the raise permanent? Can you stack trolls?

Also, is there any chance of a move tutor in B/W that could teach poor Erufunn anything that could raise her defense? Her defensive stats aren't terrible, but her HP really does her in. There's a decent amount of strategy to be had with her movepool, but nothing that would be a legitimate threat. I fear she might be relegate to the position of just another NU-caliber grass type. (Note that I don't play competitivly, citing tiers is just a convient way to cite strength)

warnerbroman
19th September 2010, 11:50 PM
New pokeball? think someone by now went to the store and purchased some.

Ungoliath
20th September 2010, 12:20 AM
Troll is interesting. So if my 6 Pokemon has Troll I wonder how much I gain to base attack . Or if it's only Pokemon in battle.

lindsy95
20th September 2010, 12:26 AM
Once again, sig.

Thats... a real move? seriously? It better keep that name for english release :>

Slimslamer
20th September 2010, 12:58 AM
YES! Erufunn gets Cotton Guard, which sharply raises defense. This is almost perfect! Lets just see what troll does, because it may just be a dealmaker!

Edit: Btw, what does 'Growth' do, does it raise Attack and Special Attack or what?
edit 2: I just wish Erufunn had Calm mind, calm mind erufunn would have massacred.

MegaTravis
20th September 2010, 3:26 AM
So what is the GTS like in these games?

hiou2
20th September 2010, 3:36 AM
So what is the GTS like in these games?

well I heard from one source they had some minor differences apart from the obvious fact that its located in the Pokemon centre now, but Im not sure what else is new.... you still have to see the pokemon before you can ask for it

zaza
20th September 2010, 4:01 AM
Would someone possibly be able to explain the Dream World/ Pokemon Global Link? As in, are pokemon such as Lugia and other rarer pokemon available through it? When in the game are we able to access the Global Link? Any info on this would be awesome...

Hejiru
20th September 2010, 4:43 AM
Does BW have foreign dex entries? Because I remember people saying we might be able to get some English names that way.

BCVM22
20th September 2010, 4:57 AM
Because I remember people saying we might be able to get some English names that way.

You can't access what likely doesn't exist yet, unless you believe that all 156 official English names were decided upon months ago, early enough for them to be included in these games despite them not releasing internationally for another six months.

You see the unlikelihood here, I'm sure.

ForeverFlame
20th September 2010, 5:02 AM
Does BW have foreign dex entries? Because I remember people saying we might be able to get some English names that way.

I don't think so, for that very same reason.

DP only had foreign entries for certain Pokemon because not every region was localized yet, but Platinum and HGSS rectified it thankfully.

Chimchar15
20th September 2010, 6:09 PM
One thing that I like about these games are the fact that you don't need a gym badge to use an HM. Also the fact that you only really need Fly and Surf to get through the main game. At least that's what people are saying.

du1387
20th September 2010, 7:06 PM
Any confirmation on new forms we're getting? I know hihidaruma (or however you spell it) has that fire/psychic form, and the bird has a separate form, but anything else?

~Dragon_Master~
20th September 2010, 7:41 PM
I did a count of the number of each type, if anyone's interested. This is not including alternate forms by the way.

Bug: 19
Dark: 16
Dragon: 10
Electric: 11
Fighting: 15
Fire: 14
Flying: 18
Ghost: 9
Grass: 20
Ground: 11
Ice: 7
Normal: 17
Poison: 7
Psychic: 15
Rock: 10
Steel: 12
Water: 17

And here are the new type combinations, not including swapped ones, e.g fire/flying instead of flying/fire.

Bug/Electric
Bug/Fire
Ground/Dark
Dark/Fighting
Dark/Steel
Dark/Dragon
Dragon/Fire
Dragon/Electric
Dragon/Ice
Ground/Electric
Rock/Fighting
Ghost/Fire
Psychic/Fire
Water/Ghost
Normal/Grass
Grass/Steel
Flying

warnerbroman
20th September 2010, 7:47 PM
Aianto, Aianto,..I just got it!

Aianto: A.I ant! that means it a bug that's may be a pest that eats everything and it's predator is the fire anteater.

Maxim
20th September 2010, 7:47 PM
They say that Subway Master's name is Nobori. He battles the player after 49 wins (7 streaks) and his Pokemon are Doryuzu, Shandera and Ononokusu.

Sauce (http://ameblo.jp/s-tkay/entry-10653768738.html).

Auraninja
21st September 2010, 5:34 AM
I have an inquiry.

What happens if you didn't catch all the Pokemon in the Pokeshifter and the time is up?

Red
21st September 2010, 6:47 AM
Can anyone confirm whether or not there is a Game Corner?

esme905
21st September 2010, 7:09 AM
I have been dying to find out if you really can have your pokemon walk with you like HG/SS.

I am not kidding I have been trying to google the answer to this question for about 2 weeks now. I thought I had the answer when I read on a wiki page that you could CHOOSE to have them walk with you if you wanted, but once the game came out I tried searching for confirmation and the only thread I found that spoke of it said you could Not.

Somebody pleaseeeee let me know ....

Rerbren
21st September 2010, 7:17 AM
You cannot walk with them. It sucks.

lolipiece
21st September 2010, 7:18 AM
I have been dying to find out if you really can have your pokemon walk with you like HG/SS.

I am not kidding I have been trying to google the answer to this question for about 2 weeks now. I thought I had the answer when I read on a wiki page that you could CHOOSE to have them walk with you if you wanted, but once the game came out I tried searching for confirmation and the only thread I found that spoke of it said you could Not.

Somebody pleaseeeee let me know ....

no you cannot

esme905
21st September 2010, 7:19 AM
oOo

that's horrible.

Thank you for letting me know. I'm gonna go sulk now.

MetalFlygon08
21st September 2010, 7:25 AM
anyone know what all the trainer classes are?

I'm assuming the double ones with sports enthusists are boys-Pep Rally, and Girls-Cheerleaders, I'm most interested in the rich looking olderman, and the man and woman in trenchcoats.

Varnani
21st September 2010, 7:29 AM
wow, 20 grass types???
that seems like a lot :o
but then again, many types aren't far behind.

thanks for the info!

razz

The_Boss_Giygas
21st September 2010, 7:40 AM
Can you attach Items to pokemon from DP and transfer them over to B&W through the pokeshifter, then take the items from your transfered pokemon???

kogawolfman
21st September 2010, 11:04 PM
Can you attach Items to pokemon from DP and transfer them over to B&W through the pokeshifter, then take the items from your transfered pokemon???

Nope. You can't have items attached when transferring Pokemon.

Clay Psyduck
21st September 2010, 11:45 PM
Any confirmation on new forms we're getting? I know hihidaruma (or however you spell it) has that fire/psychic form, and the bird has a separate form, but anything else?

The bird actually does NOT have a separate form. It's just the male/female difference. The male has the funky pink mask thing and the female is normal.

Likewise, the jellyfish (both) have female versions that have their own new sprites.

Form/forme-wise (other than Hihidaruma):
- Basurao (the green fish) has a red and blue form. The only real difference is that one can get RECKLESS and the other can get ROCK HEAD as an ability. At least, that's what I got from Veekun.
- Meloetta (the girl event legendary) has a Voice form (normal) and Step form (after it learns a move)

Shikijika and its evolution (the deer) have different forms for the different seasons, but it doesn't change anything other than sprite, and you can't keep it as one form (so you can't have one for each season), it just changes.

Genesect doesn't really have new forms, so much as it has alternate sprites like Arceus for when you change the type of it's special move.

KuroiMawile
22nd September 2010, 2:33 AM
request on a picture of the gender difference for the water/ghost octo?

Lorde
22nd September 2010, 2:35 AM
You cannot walk with them. It sucks.

I'm actually glad that the features allowing you to walk with Pokemon wasn't added to Pokemon Black and White. It just feels better to travel alone without a Pokemon following you, at least that's how I see it. It was only ever added to make the GSC remakes look lively and not completely dull. We don't need it in Black and White because there are already tons of new things to do.

TheAncient
22nd September 2010, 4:02 AM
Umm...I bit off topic, but ima wait patiently for the us release. And on that note, I've been doing some research, and I want to ask, is this a good team?
Daikeni-final water starter
Nattorei-grass steel pokemon
Shanderaa-chandlier pokemon
Sazando-three headed dragon
and....
Rankurusu-psychic body pokemon

TheAncient
22nd September 2010, 4:13 AM
Umm...off topic. I've been doing some research, and I'm wonderin, is this a good team?

Daikeni -final water starter
Nattorei -grass/steel pokemon
Shanderaa -chandelier pokemon
Sazanlo-three headed dragon
and...
Rankurusu -psychic body pokemon

redshift71388
22nd September 2010, 4:56 AM
Are there any new Poké Balls in these games? Additionally, do Kurt's Poké Balls reappear?

Exodd
22nd September 2010, 1:44 PM
request on a picture of the gender difference for the water/ghost octo?

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/nikohesus/Pokemon/592.pnghttp://www.majhost.com/gallery/nikohesus/Pokemon/female/592.pnghttp://www.majhost.com/gallery/nikohesus/Pokemon/593.pnghttp://www.majhost.com/gallery/nikohesus/Pokemon/female/593.png

e9310103838
22nd September 2010, 2:03 PM
Well......

Why doesn't have the Subway Master data anywhere?

They are like Frontier Brains, aren't they? ;165;

Chimchar15
22nd September 2010, 2:06 PM
I did a count of the number of each type, if anyone's interested. This is not including alternate forms by the way.

Bug: 19
Dark: 16
Dragon: 10
Electric: 11
Fighting: 15
Fire: 14
Flying: 18
Ghost: 9
Grass: 20
Ground: 11
Ice: 7
Normal: 17
Poison: 7
Psychic: 15
Rock: 10
Steel: 12
Water: 17

And here are the new type combinations, not including swapped ones, e.g fire/flying instead of flying/fire.

Bug/Electric
Bug/Fire
Ground/Dark
Dark/Fighting
Dark/Steel
Dark/Dragon
Dragon/Fire
Dragon/Electric
Dragon/Ice
Ground/Electric
Rock/Fighting
Ghost/Fire
Psychic/Fire
Water/Ghost
Normal/Grass
Grass/Steel
Flying

Fire has 15 new Pokemon:
Victini
Pokabu
Chaobuu
Enbuoo
Baoppu
Baokki
Darumakka
Hihidaruma
Hitomoshi
Ranpuraa
Shanderaa
Kuitaran
Meraruba
Urugamosu
Reshiram

Also I only count 18 bugs.

Charzonsos
22nd September 2010, 3:33 PM
Question
Are you put in the Hall of Fame after beating Elite Four the first time where N interrupt before you fight the champion, or do you have to beat it again after beating the game?

FireEmblemAddict
22nd September 2010, 5:17 PM
Wow its really surprising how the water type is not the most common in this generation, as it has been in past generations. I'm glad!

~Dragon_Master~
22nd September 2010, 5:47 PM
@Chimchar Everyone makes mistakes ;P

LexSuicune
22nd September 2010, 6:48 PM
Do we have a battle frontier in Isshu?

Clay Psyduck
22nd September 2010, 7:07 PM
I sat down and counted the amount of pokemon for each type (double types obviously counted twice) for each generation for comparison.

I counted both Shaymins, all 17 Arceus, all 3 Wormadam in 4th gen (because they all change types, while Pokemon like Giratina do not), I counted the Rotom forms towards 5th gen (because that was when they got their new types; However, I count their electric half towards 4th gen) and I counted Magnemite's steel type in 2nd gen (since it wasn't in 1st gen).

Type: G1/ G2 / G3 / G4 / G5

Bug: 12 / 10 / 14 / 12 / 18
Dark: 0 / 6 / 10 / 8 / 16
Dragon: 3 / 1 / 9 / 7 / 10
Electric: 9 / 8 / 4 / 12 / 11
Fighting: 8 / 3 / 7 / 8 / 16
Fire: 12 / 10 / 6 / 6 / 17
Flying: 19 / 19 / 12 / 16 / 19
Ghost: 3 / 1 / 6 / 9 / 9
Grass: 14 / 10 / 17 / 16 / 21
Ground: 14 / 10 / 13 / 12 / 11
Ice: 5 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8
Normal: 24 / 20 / 18 / 18 / 18
Poison: 33 / 4 / 5 / 9 / 7
Psychic: 14 / 10 / 20 / 10 / 16
Rock: 11 / 7 / 12 / 8 / 10
Steel: 0 / 6 / 9 / 12 / 12
Water: 32 / 18 / 28 / 15 / 18

EDIT: I updated Normal, Fighting, Fire and Psychic because of Meloetta's and Hihidaruma's alternate formes.

Also, the top 3 most common for each gen are as follows:
1st Gen: Poison, Water, Normal
2nd Gen: Normal, Flying, Water
3rd Gen: Water, Normal, Grass
4th Gen: Normal, Grass/Flying, Water
5th Gen: Grass, Water/Normal/Bug, Dark/Fighting/Psychic

The 3 LEAST common types for each gen are:
1st Gen (excluding Steel and Dark): Dragon/Ghost, Ice, Fighting
2nd Gen: Dragon/Ghost, Fighting, Poison
3rd Gen: Electric, Poison, Ice/Ghost/Fire
4th Gen: Fire, Dragon/Ice, Dark/Fighting/Rock
5th Gen: Poison, Ice, Ghost

If someone wants to correct me if I am wrong, by all means. It got hard to keep track.

Rhonin the wizard
22nd September 2010, 7:35 PM
I guess this is the right place to post this.

Sales for Pokemon Black/White have been announced, Enterbrain (http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/09/21/pokemon_black_white_sales/) has them at 2,637,285 units, while Media Crate (http://www.4gamer.net/games/117/G011794/20100922048/) says 2,557,779 units. These numbers are just for 2 days.

This makes Pokemon Black/White have the biggest opening in Japan.

Here are first week numbers of past games for comparison, numbers from Enterbrain.
[PS1] Final Fantasy VIII (Square) - 2.504.044
[NDS] Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies (Square Enix) - 2.343.440
[PS2] Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King (Square Enix) - 2.236.881
[PS1] Final Fantasy VII (Square) - 2.034.879
[PS1] Final Fantasy IX (Square) - 1.954.421

[NGB] Pokemon Red / Green / Blue (Nintendo) - 140.074
[NGB] Pokemon Yellow (Nintendo) - 851.091
[NGB] Pokemon Gold / Silver (Nintendo) - 1.425.768
[NGB] Pokemon Crystal (Nintendo) - 707.580
[GBA] Pokemon Ruby / Sapphire (Pokemon Co.) - 1.245.003
[GBA] Pokemon Fire Red / Leaf Green (Pokemon Co.) - 955.337
[GBA] Pokemon Emerald (Pokemon Co.) - 643.987
[NDS] Pokemon Diamond / Pearl (Pokemon Co.) - 1.586.360
[NDS] Pokemon Platinum (Pokemon Co.) - 967.675
[NDS] Pokemon Heart Gold / Soul Silver (Pokemon Co.) - 1.408.980
[NDS] Pokemon Black / White (Pokemon Co.) - 2.637.285

Lee-san
22nd September 2010, 7:46 PM
Crazy..just crazy.
Crazy awesome that is ;)

Slowemperor
22nd September 2010, 9:39 PM
Is it just me or pokemon are evolving at higher levels? I mean, Stages 2 usually appeared at 30ish, now is at 40ish and higher, with Stage 1 coming on the 30ish and beyond... The starters keep the patern but the rest...
I might be looking at the wrong samples but when I checked my option for an hipotetical team this was the idea i got. Might it be because leveling is faster (in means of gyms, like there is a higher difference between gym leaders)?

Serebii Hopefull
22nd September 2010, 9:53 PM
I can't believe that the bull pokemon and the pink fish thing arent evolutions of tuaros or luvdisc. And how come maggyo (is it right name?) is a ground and eletric type pokemon yet it is a flat or mud fish how come it isn't a water type pokemon???!!!! God nintendo have messed up a little this time. Thank God there are some good pokemon go.

BCVM22
22nd September 2010, 10:13 PM
It's Ground because it hides in the dirt at the bottom of a body of water, Electric because it'll put a hurtin' on you if you step on it. Sometimes the types have to be used to get the important parts of the concept across instead of an automatic "fish = Water".

And no, Nintendo hasn't screwed anything up. See if you can figure out why.

Auraninja
22nd September 2010, 11:35 PM
It's Ground because it hides in the dirt at the bottom of a body of water, Electric because it'll put a hurtin' on you if you step on it. Sometimes the types have to be used to get the important parts of the concept across instead of an automatic "fish = Water".

And no, Nintendo hasn't screwed anything up. See if you can figure out why.
Well, it is in the Water 1 breeding group. I find that a little weird, since fish are typically in the Water 2 group, but some fish have found themselves in Water 1 as opposed to Water 2, so I'm definitely not complaining about it now.

But you have to give this person some credit. At least they didn't say the whole franchise is dead.

Edit: I guess while I'm at it, I'll ask again. What happens if time is up in the Pokemon catching mini-game that allows you to transport Pokemon?

Lorde
22nd September 2010, 11:40 PM
This makes Pokemon Black/White have the biggest opening in Japan.

Amazing. I just took a look at all the numbers and I'm seriously amazed that so many units have been sold so far. It means that the marketing people at Nintendo did a great job promoting these latest games and these numbers show that their hard work finally paid off. I'm just glad that Pokemon Black and White have already broken so many records despite both just being a few days old :p

Ophie
23rd September 2010, 12:29 AM
I find it kind of funny that at GameFAQs, there's always an uproar when Pok&#233;mon sales numbers come in shortly after a game gets released or Pikachu advances even one round in their summer voting tournaments. How many Pok&#233;mon games have to achieve blockbuster status for those guys to see the pattern?

Ememew
23rd September 2010, 12:44 AM
Non-Water fish isn't that weird, is it?
There are non-Flying birds (Torchic, Piplup), so why shouldn't there be non-Water fish?

To me, at least, a non-Water fish seems a little more inventive than a water one. Plus, you can't just rely on one move (Thunderbolt, for example) to kill everything you bump into while surfing. Just requires a little extra moveset forethought before you take to the high seas.

nikohesus
23rd September 2010, 12:56 AM
Guys, Kyremu is the third legendary, correct?

I did some research, kuromu is the japanese name for chrome. Geru is the japanese name for gray. Kyremu also has chrome and grey elements.

Perhaps the third version could be chrome or gray?

Ophie
23rd September 2010, 1:26 AM
Non-Water fish isn't that weird, is it?
There are non-Flying birds (Torchic, Piplup), so why shouldn't there be non-Water fish?

To me, at least, a non-Water fish seems a little more inventive than a water one. Plus, you can't just rely on one move (Thunderbolt, for example) to kill everything you bump into while surfing. Just requires a little extra moveset forethought before you take to the high seas.

Will there be anything resistant to Grass while Surfing? The halibut will be quite the bump if you're trying to tear through with Electric Pokémon, but it is still total fodder for Grass-types.

That lamprey has no weakness though, and it appears to be pretty strong.

nikohesus
23rd September 2010, 1:29 AM
That lamprey has no weakness though, and it appears to be pretty strong.

Any move or ability that prevents abilities from being used will take care of the lamprey, it only has levitate. Although I suspect it becoming OU- fast.

ForeverFlame
23rd September 2010, 1:54 AM
Derpfish is Electric/Ground because Gamefreak wants to troll people who think they can get away with always using Electric attacks on fish.

Grei
23rd September 2010, 3:04 AM
I don't believe Game Freak has trademarked the name 'Pokemon Chrome'. Unless they do so the 3rd game will probably be 'Grey'.

BCVM22
23rd September 2010, 3:15 AM
I don't believe Game Freak has trademarked the name 'Pokemon Chrome'.

Believing that we are privy to every name Game Freak and Nintendo have trademarked, and conversely, believing that every future Pokémon title until the end of time will get a name from the block of titles we know they did trademark, is a gargantuan error in logic.

Chrome is as legitimate a possibility as is Grey, just as is most every title within reason. People had convinced themselves that Sinnoh III would be titled "Opal"; how did that work out?

FireEmblemAddict
23rd September 2010, 3:36 AM
Good point, its too early and pointless to speculate

Chimchar15
23rd September 2010, 4:47 AM
You know the one thing I love most about these games is? The gyms. I love everything about the gyms and gym leaders. I love how the gyms finally look different on the outside and on the inside. I love how the gyms aren't just gyms but are others things as well like a restaurant or a museum. I love how the gym leaders are more involved with the game's storyline. I love how the gym leaders bring a little bit more of a challenge. I love the diversity between them and their badges. I even love the elite four, their rooms actually look like effort was put into them and their characters. I love how you can fight them in any order you choose. This generation definitely has my favorite league EVER. The funny part is that I have only seen pictures of this stuff. (Before serebii's pictures were taken down of course)

ruinenmaniac
23rd September 2010, 4:59 AM
sorry if this was already answered, but i used the search many times and also used google but cannot find an answer, so:

is there anything special with the 2 different box forms of black/white (1 with glowing tail, 1 without)

you can also pm me the answer if you want.

thanks ;049;

LexSuicune
23rd September 2010, 5:08 AM
IF there is a third game, when do you guys think it will be hitting japan going by previous games references?

R_N
23rd September 2010, 5:11 AM
IF there is a third game, when do you guys think it will be hitting japan going by previous games references?

There will always be a third game.

Platinum came out ~2 years after DP. So probably then. If RSE remakes come first (assuming they're made this gen, of course. They probably will be, but not as definitively as the 3rd version), then 3rd version will probably be a year after if Emerald is any indication.

LexSuicune
23rd September 2010, 5:13 AM
2 years D:... lol I was planing on playing the third game in english in order to skip B&W but that's not a choice if it's gonna be so late in Japan, in America it will be by 2013 D: XDD NO

I will get Pokemon White.

Chimchar15
23rd September 2010, 5:17 AM
2 years D:... lol I was planing on playing the third game in english in order to skip B&W but that's not a choice if it's gonna be so late in Japan, in America it will be by 2013 D: XDD NO

I will get Pokemon White.

Yeah buddy the 3rd game always comes out at least 2 years after. It would just be too soon if it cam out only a year after the main games.

CyndaquilRules
23rd September 2010, 5:20 AM
Just think, in a few more generations, there will be over 1,000 pokemon to choose from..

R_N
23rd September 2010, 5:39 AM
Just think, in a few more generations, there will be over 1,000 pokemon to choose from..

Assuming the next four generations give at minimum 100 Pokemon each, we won't break the 1000 marker until 2026

MetalFlygon08
23rd September 2010, 5:48 AM
it took us from what? 1995 to break 600 didn't it?

R_N
23rd September 2010, 5:55 AM
it took us from what? 1995 to break 600 didn't it?

Yeah. The only generations that didn't have a 4 year gap was 1st -> 2nd, having a 3 year gap instead (2 year in the US)

Varnani
23rd September 2010, 6:49 AM
600 already!! jeez, it's incredible how pok&#233;mon has been there since such a long time in my life. Just thinking about it, it first came out when i was 5! lol and now i'm about to hit 21 soon.

razz

ParaChomp
23rd September 2010, 10:20 PM
Found a video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWOEowMhG0I) of the opening cinematic posted on YouTube by IGN.

They are an official organization and I take no credit for this video and I would ask moderators to please remove this message if what I am doing is wrong.

jakovu
23rd September 2010, 10:33 PM
There are non-Flying birds (Torchic, Piplup).

Yes, but just like "fish doesn't mean "water", "bird" doesn't mean "flying". Torchic and Piplup are based off of birds that can't fly.

Kingudora
23rd September 2010, 10:45 PM
Yes, but just like "fish doesn't mean "water", "bird" doesn't mean "flying". Torchic and Piplup are based off of birds that can't fly.
Is Doduo based off of a flying bird?

lindsy95
23rd September 2010, 10:47 PM
No... but it can still fly.

Hejiru
23rd September 2010, 10:56 PM
Has anyone translated the Pokemon classifications yet? I'd love to know. (You know, like Victini is the "Victory Pokemon")

Thanks.

Chimchar15
23rd September 2010, 10:56 PM
Yeah. The only generations that didn't have a 4 year gap was 1st -> 2nd, having a 3 year gap instead (2 year in the US)

Also 2nd gen ->3rd gen. 2nd gen started in 1999 in Japan and 3rd gen started in 2002 in Japan. In America it was 2000 -> 2003.

Clay Psyduck
23rd September 2010, 11:18 PM
The only way the 3rd game won't be Grey/Gray is if they pull a GSC/DPPt, where Crystal goes with Diamond/Pearl and Platinum goes with Gold/Silver (as far as logical groupings).

So if it was something like "Chrome", then that means down the line, there will probably be a Grey/Gray, but it will likely go with two things that would be better associated with Chrome.

As for getting to 1,000 Pokemon, let's look at it this way (using Japanese release years):
- 151 (1996)
- 251 (1999)
- 386 (2002)
- 493 (2006)
- 649 (2010)

With an average of 130 Pokemon every 3ish years, we should be at 1000 within 3 more generations (Gen 8) by around 2020.

This is, of course, just a guesstimation.

Also, if a 3rd game were to release, it would be at least 2 years later, as is the norm (except Crystal, which was only one year). If we get RSEmakes, those would probably come the year AFTER the 3rd game (like HGSS after Platinum; though Emerald was out the same year as FRLG in Japan).

LexSuicune
24th September 2010, 12:01 AM
I don't think we'll get that many lol, completing such Pokedex would be a hideous task.

ForeverFlame
24th September 2010, 12:11 AM
In my opinion, Gen VI will be another small generation like the second and fourth generations. I'm predicting right now that there will be 102 new Pokemon, and twenty of them will be new evolutions and pre-evolutions (mostly to Gen IV and V Pokemon).

But we're still on track to hit 1000 by Gen VIII. The National Dex will be a nightmare by that time.

Clay Psyduck
24th September 2010, 12:25 AM
In my opinion, Gen VI will be another small generation like the second and fourth generations. I'm predicting right now that there will be 102 new Pokemon, and twenty of them will be new evolutions and pre-evolutions (mostly to Gen IV and V Pokemon).

But we're still on track to hit 1000 by Gen VIII. The National Dex will be a nightmare by that time.

Yeah, it's so weird how we're going to go from a completely new generation, to what will probably be the equivalent to Gen 2 for Gen 6.

I don't even know what's going to happen. Or how I plan to complete a Pokedex with 700-800 Pokemon in it.

R_N
24th September 2010, 12:42 AM
To be fair, they haven't done the "GOTTA CATCH EM ALL" tagline since gen 3, so getting all the Pokemon hasn't really been relavent to anyone but people who really, really want 100&#37; completion.

Like me. I will probably collect 1000 Pokemon 3 times in Gen 7 D:

AZX612
24th September 2010, 3:19 AM
1000? Wow, watch the last Pokemon be either

1: Worse than Magikarp
2: Every hackers dream with like, 1000 of every Stat, IV, EV, and PP for moves and can learn every single move ever.

And If Nintendo just wants to play a horrible prank on Hackers to teach them a lesson,

3: A Pokemon that will crash the Game.

Clay Psyduck
24th September 2010, 7:54 AM
The Pokemon I caught last in Diamond was either Gliscor or Heatran. I forget. I think Heatran. Because I made a big deal over how much I hated it.

In HeartGold, I have purposely not caught Rattata or Raticate yet, but have 260+ Pokemon.

Gold/Silver18
24th September 2010, 8:49 PM
Can someone please describe the concept of the Dream World for me?

Will basically every non-legendary Kanto/Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh Pokemon be obtainable?

Thanks

Toonpenguin
24th September 2010, 9:10 PM
Is it confirmed as if you can use a english 4th gen game with the Japaense black and white and be able to use the pokeshifter?

ForeverFlame
24th September 2010, 9:18 PM
Can someone please describe the concept of the Dream World for me?

Will basically every non-legendary Kanto/Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh Pokemon be obtainable?

Thanks

Every KJHS Pokemon will be available, including Legendaries. I'm a bit confused myself, but basically the Dream World is a game on the computer that you can play. You can grow berries, trade items, and encounter Pokemon from all five generations. The majority of those Pokemon have brand-new abilities, and some of them are quite game-breaking.

Gold/Silver18
24th September 2010, 9:29 PM
Every KJHS Pokemon will be available, including Legendaries. I'm a bit confused myself, but basically the Dream World is a game on the computer that you can play. You can grow berries, trade items, and encounter Pokemon from all five generations. The majority of those Pokemon have brand-new abilities, and some of them are quite game-breaking.

Thanks for the response.

I'm just a bit confused about Dream World, because I'm reading different things. I've read that all Pokemon would be obtainable, but then I've read others say that certain Pokemon will only be available in wi-fi events within the dream world..or something to that effect..

So we'll actually be able to obtain legendary Pokemon such as Mew, Celebi etc..? Unfortunately, I doubt that.

R_N
24th September 2010, 9:43 PM
You can, indeed, obtain those event legendaries. However, most of the rarer ones will probably be "unlocked" via special codes ala the starters & eevees.

Also the dream world stuff can only be done once a day.

Gold/Silver18
24th September 2010, 10:02 PM
You can, indeed, obtain those event legendaries. However, most of the rarer ones will probably be "unlocked" via special codes ala the starters & eevees.

Very cool. So every day there will be a random number of Kanto/Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh Pokemon that will be obtainable in this Dream World?

And also, this may be a stupid question..but is Dream World also going to be available in the North American version of the games? I would assume so, but just making sure.

Thanks!

NoDice
24th September 2010, 10:04 PM

Speaking of the Dream World... any word on when thats going back online?

Also, you can only catch one Pokemon per day? wtf? Can you at least SR it to get a good nature...? >_>

Aurath8
25th September 2010, 12:03 AM
Despite a lot of items from the 4th gen appearing in Isshu, I still think it's a bad move. No cloning! T_T
And if TM renumbering is a problem then ban TMs only.

The0d0re
25th September 2010, 12:13 AM
Despite a lot of items from the 4th gen appearing in Isshu, I still think it's a bad move. No cloning! T_T
And if TM renumbering is a problem then ban TMs only.

i like your sig

Marbi Z
25th September 2010, 12:20 AM
It's a real pity that you can't transfer Pokemon from previous games until you get the National Dex guess they want you to try the newer Pokemon first. I really wanted to transfer my Buneary, Ralts, and Vulpix and play through the whole game with them. And evolve them of course!

R_N
25th September 2010, 12:43 AM
It's a real pity that you can't transfer Pokemon from previous games until you get the National Dex guess they want you to try the newer Pokemon first. I really wanted to transfer my Buneary, Ralts, and Vulpix and play through the whole game with them. And evolve them of course!
This is why they let the Pokeshifter only be post National dex

Speaking of the Dream World... any word on when thats going back online?

Also, you can only catch one Pokemon per day? wtf? Can you at least SR it to get a good nature...? >_>

No, I said you can only go to the Dream World once a day.
That =/= catching only one Pokemon.

Umbreon9
25th September 2010, 12:54 AM
Not exactly sure if this belongs here, but...

:club:
LUXRAY GETS WILD BOLT??!
Yes! Guess who I'm going to transfer to Pokemon Black?
;403; ;404; ;405;
Too bad I have to wait forever for it to release here AND I'll have to get the national dex... T_T

Suerte17
25th September 2010, 2:18 AM
I haven't found any information about this anywhere. Are Black and White confirmed have a Game Corner? If so, does it contain the slot machines like normal?

Jason Cage
25th September 2010, 4:58 AM
sorry for seeming lazy, but:

when does the game come out in the US? next year?

CyndaquilRules
25th September 2010, 5:04 AM
sorry for seeming lazy, but:

when does the game come out in the US? next year?

At some point in 2011.

BCVM22
25th September 2010, 5:18 AM
"Spring 2011"

Somewhere between mid-March and mid-April.

Stop asking, kids, the answer isn't going to change.

Rakurai
25th September 2010, 11:49 AM
There's not a whole lot of information about this feature on the net yet from what I've noticed, so I figured I'd share some. I've been messing around with it, thanks to my brother owning an import copy as well, and so far, I'm really impressed with how useful a lot of the power-ups you can get from it are, and it's fun in its own, simple way.

You initially start off with six missions, and upon completing them all, are given a new set with a stricter time limit for completion. Completing the missions gives you "derudama", which can be exchanged for temporary power-ups. You start off gaining them three to six at a time, which gradually increases to 6 to 12 once you complete enough mission sets. You can also find derudama by examining a Pokemon Center entrance while on a mission, though seemingly only once a day per center.

Completing missions also increases your "Black" and "White" levels, which determine what power-ups you can purchase. These levels are represented by the gradual growth of a coiling black and white tree in the center of the area.

So far, the missions I've seen are:

Selling an item to another player for slightly higher then the market price (They need initiate the conversation, and it doesn't appear to use your stock)

Hiding an item in a location, where it can then be found via the Dowsing Machine (You're given a route/city, and a specific spot that it needs to be hidden at, and it also doesn't take from your item stock, as I placed an item I didn't actually own).

Having a battle with another player (It auto-scales your Pokemon to the levels mentioned in the description for the mission.).

Examining a player while they're in a battle to provide them with a recovery power-up (Also occasionally grants the player a healing item after the battle).

Having the player talk to you for a power-up.

Talking to the player to give them a power-up.

All of these missions are done in the guise of a Pokemon or NPC.

Aurath8
25th September 2010, 12:34 PM
I like the power up idea. It's like the Hoenn flutes but 10 times more helpful.
Ones given by other players seem awesome. Store discount FTW!

Gold/Silver18
25th September 2010, 7:29 PM
Is it me or is Black sort of getting the shaft here? All of the Pokemon listed are exclusive to White because of the forest?

http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/versioncity.shtml

Far&Wide
25th September 2010, 7:33 PM
I was rather disappointed in the lack of new evos for old pokemon. The only one I really see is luvdisc. Hoping that when pokemon gray (just sayin, what’s the third one gonna be called?) comes out they might expand on old pokemon. Seems far'fetched but since these two games were supposed to be more of a new beginning, maybe when old pokemon get introduced to the new region they will have new evolutions.

Far&Wide
25th September 2010, 7:37 PM
Is it me or is Black sort of getting the shaft here? All of the Pokemon listed are exclusive to White because of the forest?

http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/versioncity.shtml

Well I guess now that they are in your pokedex you can trade for them online and not have to worry about raising them?

Glue
25th September 2010, 7:53 PM
Well I guess now that they are in your pokedex you can trade for them online and not have to worry about raising them?

Well I would want to get all of their evolutions, this is why White is better, better legend, better exclusives, better city.....etc.

R_N
25th September 2010, 8:05 PM
Well I would want to get all of their evolutions, this is why White is better, better legend, better exclusives, better city.....etc.

Black sells evolutionary items and other goodies like that.

Aurath8
25th September 2010, 10:08 PM
We now have exactly what Black City sells. Heart Scales + ALL Evolutionary Stones>>>>>>>>>catchable pokemon. Not forgetting you can dream world most pokemon anyway.

BCVM22
25th September 2010, 10:37 PM
Seems far'fetched but since these two games were supposed to be more of a new beginning, maybe when old pokemon get introduced to the new region they will have new evolutions.

You will see no actual Pokémon in the eventual Isshu 3 that you do not see in Black and White.

Every generation people somehow get it in their minds that this is feasible and plausible and every generation I marvel at how thought processes work sometimes.

Isis-sama
25th September 2010, 10:47 PM
I've noticed that the Pokedex entries for Aaken and Aakeosu (from White) are up on Bulbapedia. Could someone please translate them into English for me or give me a link to a place where they've been translated? Aaken and Aakeosu are my favorite Pokemon from this generation and I'd really like to know what it says. Thank you very much.

BCVM22
25th September 2010, 10:48 PM
Pokebeach has had translated entries for both versions for some time now.

Isis-sama
25th September 2010, 10:51 PM
Ahh, thank you. I've been too busy doing other things to check the site much for a few days now, so I'm behind on some of the info.

Hejiru
25th September 2010, 10:53 PM
I've noticed that the Pokedex entries for Aaken and Aakeosu (from White) are up on Bulbapedia. Could someone please translate them into English for me or give me a link to a place where they've been translated? Aaken and Aakeosu are my favorite Pokemon from this generation and I'd really like to know what it says. Thank you very much.

Well, Pokebeach translated all of the Pokedex entries almost a week ago.
The ones from Black (http://pokebeach.com/2010/09/pokemon-black-pokedex-entries)
The ones from White (http://pokebeach.com/2010/09/pokemon-black-and-white-pokedex-entries)

R_N
25th September 2010, 10:56 PM
You will see no actual Pokémon in the eventual Isshu 3 that you do not see in Black and White.

Every generation people somehow get it in their minds that this is feasible and plausible and every generation I marvel at how thought processes work sometimes.

Now, new forms......

Far&Wide
25th September 2010, 11:14 PM

Its a weird thought process but Im really disappointed the lack of old pokemon being present in this new generation. I know they have a whole restart kind of thing going on but I feel they didnt give anything to fans of past generations.

R_N
25th September 2010, 11:25 PM
Its a weird thought process but Im really disappointed the lack of old pokemon being present in this new generation. I know they have a whole restart kind of thing going on but I feel they didnt give anything to fans of past generations.

New moves & New abilities

Mewtwo_soul
25th September 2010, 11:59 PM
They gave plenty to fans of past generations. The fact this is the only breeder RPg that still has older Pokemon past the first two games is pleasing to the older fan base enough. Why do people equate older Pokemon=Pleasing older fan base?

BynineB
26th September 2010, 12:15 AM
Genosect's theme...

Dennis.

You cannot unhear it.

R_N
26th September 2010, 12:24 AM
It's not his theme >:|

BynineB
26th September 2010, 12:26 AM
Deeeeeeh-nis.

Deeeeeeh-nis.

DEEEEEEH-NIS

DEEEEEEH-NIS

and if it isn't whatever I'm still calling mine dennis.

Bueno~
26th September 2010, 3:30 AM
It looks more like Hades than Denis to me =P

Ricey
26th September 2010, 3:52 AM
Hey, I just ran into a wild Munna, and after it's cry a bar went under it's name, but went back.

Just wondering what that is?

Exodd
26th September 2010, 4:50 AM
Hey, I just ran into a wild Munna, and after it's cry a bar went under it's name, but went back.

Just wondering what that is?

I think that bar is to show when a Pokemon uses an ability.

natie
26th September 2010, 12:17 PM
I think that bar is to show when a Pokemon uses an ability.Yeah, whenever a Pokémon's ability is activated, the name of the ability shows up for a couple of seconds, then fades away again. IMO it's much better than how that usually happened, with yet another text box popping up every time, which made hunting for certain Pokémon with certain abilities pretty long-winded. Oh well.

Hejiru
27th September 2010, 12:44 AM
What is this?!

Confirmed Random WiFi battles do not allow moves learned exclusively in generations before the 5th, including 4th gen\3rd gen move tutors. Pal Pad battles still do, though.
Source (http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3020537&postcount=438)

Godammit, Gamefreak. >_<

MetalFlygon08
27th September 2010, 1:04 AM
dos that mean no stealth rock on Pokemon that can't learn it in 5th Gen? (a blessing in disguise?)

R_N
27th September 2010, 2:08 AM
It's just random wi-fi. It's not like its banned on friend battles.

Random Wi-Fi also bans box legends, event legends, and Mewtwo.

PearlDex
27th September 2010, 2:44 AM
DOUBLE POST

Sorry

PearlDex
27th September 2010, 2:46 AM
Restrictions, restrictions. Makes it easier for people like me to play. I'm not going to take home any trophies but I use Latios. I hate when I go into battle against Dialga, Palkia, Groudon, Kyogre, Darkrai, and Mewtwo, all with crazy moves they can't actually learn. Restrictions might bother you guys but it decreases the odds of hacking. I don't raise the legends, anyway. Catch them and display them like trophies.

Rakurai
27th September 2010, 6:40 AM
Link to my first High Link post. (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=11653814&postcount=124)

It seems like completing a mission causes you to gain a level in the color of the version you're assisting, while finishing a set of six missions grants you six levels in the color of your version. Upon reaching level 30 Black and White, my trainer card changed colors (To purple from green, though it's now red after beating the game), but my level continues to incease

I also believe I've obtained all of the possible power-ups from the High Link feature now, as I'm no longer seeing any that have yet to be unlocked (Requires a Black and White level of 30, though they continue to increase beyond that).

The power-ups all come in three levels of effectiveness, last for three minutes (Save for the recovery ones, which just work instantly), and can be activated via the triangle icon on the screen you reach by touching that notched bar at the bottom of your C-Gear.

The power-ups given to you by other players come in S and Max versions, which give the same bonus as the level 3 version of the power-up, but last 30 minutes and a hour respectively.

The power-ups are:

Encounter rate increased. Costs 2, 3, and 4 derudama.

Encounter rate decreased. Costs 2, 3, and 4 derudama.

Egg hatching speed increased. Costs 3, 4, and 5 derudama.

Rate of happiness gain increased. Costs 2, 3, and 4 derudama.

HP restoration for your lead/active Pokemon. Costs 2, 3, and 4 derudama. (If a player gives you this power-up while you're in a battle, it'll take effect at the end of the current turn.)

PP restoration for your lead/active Pokemon. Costs 2, 3, and 4 derudama. (See the above for details.)

Experience increased. Costs 2, 3, and 4 derudama. (Seems to be 25%, 50%, and 100% bonus EXP)

Experience decreased. Costs 2, 3, and 4 derudama.

Item prices in stores decreased. Costs 3, 4, and 5 derudama. (10%, 25%, and 50% for each rank, respectively.)

Money rewards increased. Costs 2, 3, and 4 derudama.

Capture rate increased. Costs 4, 5, and 6 derudama.

As a last random thing, I've turned into quite a few different Pokemon while doing my missions, all of which use the HG/SS sprites. They include Torchic, Gible, Miltank, Raichu, Jigglypuff, Machop, and Mankey. Makes me wonder just how many of them there are...

Ophie
27th September 2010, 9:34 AM
What is this?!

Source (http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3020537&postcount=438)

Godammit, Gamefreak. >_<

There seems to be other reports on that topic of random battles containing moves from 3rd and 4th generation games. So this concept of Pokémon having entry barred for knowing moves not learnable in Black/White is in question.

I do hope it's true though. The less I see of Stealth Rock, the better.

guitalex
27th September 2010, 6:29 PM
I have Black and I have the vulture Baruchai/Barujiina, not Wargle. I think that's a mistake.

Ekans786
27th September 2010, 7:58 PM
For some reason I dont feel satisfied from the changes.

Rakurai
28th September 2010, 1:22 PM
I've become aware of a daily event that might have slipped past Serebii. South of the Yaguruma Forest entrance, there's a hill with two fighters on it, along with a multitude of small rocks, and one seemingly ordinary large rock. However, if you examine the rock with a fighting Pokemon in your party, you'll be given the option to let the Pokemon hit it, and doing so will earn you a Star Shard. Might not seem like a big deal, but there's a businessman up in Kanawa Town (In the daytime hours, I believe), who will trade you a PP Up for one of those an infinite amount of times.

I also noticed that post E4, there's a Team Plasma member at the Hodomoe City marketplace that sells all of the incenses that are used to breed the baby forms of Pokemon.

ForeverFlame
28th September 2010, 1:35 PM
Dennis song is Geechisu's theme.

Wargle is found in Pokemon White.

Satoshi_poketo monsta
28th September 2010, 10:26 PM
Can somebody tell me how many Event there is on BW? I heard a lot about these Eeveelution, Starters, and stuff.

BCVM22
29th September 2010, 12:13 AM
You could look it up instead of requesting people regurgitate what is pretty basic information just for you.

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/

What you ask isn't particularly deep or difficult to find.

Glitter!
29th September 2010, 3:45 AM
Does anyone know if there are more areas to dive in, with seaweed and wild Pok&#233;mon, just like Hoenn, or if it's just the Ruins?

MetalFlygon08
29th September 2010, 3:48 AM
well, it's unoficial speculation, but I think they brought Dive back for compatability with the imenent R/S remakes, so we don't pull a DPt to HGSS changing up the HM's again.

Glitter!
29th September 2010, 3:50 AM
well, it's unoficial speculation, but I think they brought Dive back for compatability with the imenent R/S remakes, so we don't pull a DPt to HGSS changing up the HM's again.

Yes, but I want to know if there are more dive-able areas in Isshu, other than the Ruins. And I also think it has something to do with R/S remakes.

Hejiru
29th September 2010, 2:17 PM

Having the Dive HM has nothing to do with RS remake compatability. Changing HMs means nothing. HGSS and DPPt didn't have the same HMs.

Besides, if you want to go that route, BW dosen't have Flash and Rock Smash HMs.

R_N
29th September 2010, 5:50 PM
And for that we should be eternally grateful

Chimchar15
29th September 2010, 6:21 PM
Thank goodness. Also I heard that HMs are used as much in these games Is that true?

Grei
30th September 2010, 1:45 AM
Thank goodness. Also I heard that HMs are used as much in these games Is that true?

I think you mean "are not", because yeah, they aren't. Dive, Waterfall, and Strength aren't needed to complete the main storyline, only Surf and Cut are (and that's hardly an issue because Cut is only needed earlier on, while Surf is strong enough to be a regular battle move instead of a move strictly for clearing obstacles). Fly is never necessary but always helpful.

So yeah. The HMs are still there but they aren't needed for the most part, barring the sidequests and extras.

Yes, but I want to know if there are more dive-able areas in Isshu, other than the Ruins. And I also think it has something to do with R/S remakes.

This question still hasn't been answered, and I'd also like to know if there are any seaweed areas you can Dive to in Isshu, or if it's just for the Ruins.

Rakurai
30th September 2010, 2:04 AM
This question still hasn't been answered, and I'd also like to know if there are any seaweed areas you can Dive to in Isshu, or if it's just for the Ruins.

It's only for the ruins. I've explored every single route, but I haven't seen anything.

Grei
30th September 2010, 2:07 AM
It's only for the ruins. I've explored every single route, but I haven't seen anything.

That's kind of boring. Ah well. I'm happy Diving is back regardless. It and Secret Bases were the two things I missed the most from 3rd Gen.

Thanks for answering!

Rakurai
30th September 2010, 2:09 AM
At least we get the house in the Dream World to decorate.

I'm curious about how we'll go about obtaining furniture for that, since I noticed an interior designer in Shippou City that says they lack inspiration.

Lorde
30th September 2010, 2:10 AM

Gosh darn it! They could've gone ahead and added seaweed and other areas for aquatic Pokemon to appear in. When I heard that Dive would once again be featured, this time in Pokemon Black and White, I assumed we would find Pokemon like Chobomaki and Maggyo in the sea or at least older Pokemon from the National Dex. The lack of Pokemon in the deep sea areas is just depressing. Hopefully, the Ruins make up for it.

Rakurai
30th September 2010, 2:15 AM
Hopefully, the Ruins make up for it.

The only thing to find there is all of the Arceus plates, and I think around two million worth of items to sell (Which I burned through surprisingly quickly).

There's also those cryptic writings on the walls, but I haven't a clue as to how to translate them.

LexSuicune
30th September 2010, 2:47 AM
Maybe you can acess to Kerudio in those underwater ruins with an event item?

Lorde
30th September 2010, 2:49 AM
Maybe you can acess to Kerudio in those underwater ruins with an event item?

No. Kerudio isn't available in the games, otherwise we'd have known about it by now. Kerudio, Meloetta, and Genesect are event distribution-only Pokemon.

R_N
30th September 2010, 2:51 AM
No. Kerudio isn't available in the games, otherwise we'd have known about it by now. Kerudio, Meloetta, and Genesect are event distribution-only Pokemon.

What's more, their events don't appear to be of the "Get an item, go to a place, catch these duders" and more "Get this Pokemon, go to this place, get a move/item

SkyArrowBridge22
30th September 2010, 12:22 PM
Hey, I don't know if this has already been asked, but what happened to the Battle Subway as a means of transportation? I remember Serebii saying something about this.

SkyArrowBridge22
30th September 2010, 12:23 PM
Hey, I don't know if this has already been asked, but what happened to the Battle Subway as a means of transportation? I remember Serebii saying something about this.

BlazingTrainer
30th September 2010, 2:36 PM
How early can you trade between black and white? I plan to have all three in my game.

StrongBad456
30th September 2010, 3:10 PM
How early can you trade between black and white? I plan to have all three in my game.

You can trade when you get the C-gear, which you get after you beat the first gym and help Makomo get dream smoke.

davidxrawr
30th September 2010, 5:52 PM
what is this about ruby and sapphire remakes? If this happens for gen V (but i doubt it wont will =p) that would be amazing :D What I loved in that generation was the bases and the contests ", Oh and also the amazing pokemon, go weather trio and eon duo!!!

RedMage23
30th September 2010, 7:31 PM
what is this about ruby and sapphire remakes? If this happens for gen V (but i doubt it wont will =p) that would be amazing :D What I loved in that generation was the bases and the contests ", Oh and also the amazing pokemon, go weather trio and eon duo!!!

People assume that because RGB and GSC were remade, RSE will too.

7 tyranitars
30th September 2010, 8:12 PM
hmm idk if it has been said before but did you all notice that a lot of pokemons evolve at higher levels then usualy?

Rakurai
30th September 2010, 9:14 PM
hmm idk if it has been said before but did you all notice that a lot of pokemons evolve at higher levels then usualy?

I'd have to presume it's because overall, you seem to get considerably more EXP then in the previous games. This is the first game I've been able to use more then three Pokemon (Five in my case) without having them fall behind the levels of the trainers (They actually exceeded them all the way up until the Elite 4), and without any grinding.

Lorde
30th September 2010, 9:18 PM

It's been said before, but I've never gotten a definite answer as to why that is; only assumptions. I just tend to go along with it and pretend it's no big deal despite the fact that it'll be bugging me to no end. I'm also assuming this change was done to make it harder to obtain the final forms of certain Pokemon. You know, more of a challenge for players of Pokemon Black and White. It'll definitely keep people busy eitherway.

7 tyranitars
30th September 2010, 9:29 PM
I'd have to presume it's because overall, you seem to get considerably more EXP then in the previous games. This is the first game I've been able to use more then three Pokemon (Five in my case) without having them fall behind the levels of the trainers (They actually exceeded them all the way up until the Elite 4), and without any grinding

oh well I don't have the games yet so I couldn't now about the exp you get but it is good to know. thanks :)

It's been said before, but I've never gotten a definite answer as to why that is; only assumptions. I just tend to go along with it and pretend it's no big deal despite the fact that it'll be bugging me to no end. I'm also assuming this change was done to make it harder to obtain the final forms of certain Pokemon. You know, more of a challenge for players of Pokemon Black and White. It'll definitely keep people busy eitherway.

well I like it that they evolve later that I;m not at gym 6 and I'm trough my evos :X

Endless
30th September 2010, 9:45 PM
I'd have to presume it's because overall, you seem to get considerably more EXP then in the previous games. This is the first game I've been able to use more then three Pokemon (Five in my case) without having them fall behind the levels of the trainers (They actually exceeded them all the way up until the Elite 4), and without any grinding.
It still annoys me that Shibishirasu evolves at level 39 and until then it's strongest attack is Spark with a 55 base attack stat.

LexSuicune
30th September 2010, 10:36 PM
Shibshirasu is the electric eel?

Ophie
1st October 2010, 6:26 AM
Yeah. Technically, the lamprey.

Glue
2nd October 2010, 2:32 PM
Yeah. Technically, the lamprey.
I love the lamprey thing, probably my favorite pokemon of this generation... or is it the chandelier? All of them are so creative!

Grei
2nd October 2010, 4:28 PM
People assume that because RGB and GSC were remade, RSE will too.

You say that like it's not a justified assumption. People have already found random data in the games that relates to RS data, like certain items and such. Besides that, RS is... what? 9 years old? That's longer than the gap between Red and Green and FireRed and LeafGreen.

RedMage23
2nd October 2010, 6:01 PM
You say that like it's not a justified assumption. People have already found random data in the games that relates to RS data, like certain items and such. Besides that, RS is... what? 9 years old? That's longer than the gap between Red and Green and FireRed and LeafGreen.

Maybe it's the way you interpreted my "tone", but I completely agree with you. I believe that the remakes will be made too.

I've had to do some grinding, but not nearly as much as I had to do in FireRed for example.

GonbeTR
2nd October 2010, 6:03 PM
As Pokemon Black and White take their name from Reshiram and Zekrom which are White and Black. In addition, reshiram derives from "shiroi" which is white in japanese, and zekrom from "kuroi" which is black in japanese.

We know that Kuremu, the ice dragon is the third character of the dragon trio of BW, along with fire dragon Reshiram, and electric dragon zekrom.

Kuremu is grey colored. And its name sound like "chrome" in french, and "chromium" in english.
And chrome is actually a grey metal.
So it is highly probable that the third game will be called Pokemon Chrome.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/08/Chromium_crystals_and_1cm3_cube.jpg/220px-Chromium_crystals_and_1cm3_cube.jpg
Chromium metal

Kyuremu
http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon/646.png

davidxrawr
2nd October 2010, 6:24 PM
^ you might be right =]

BCVM22
2nd October 2010, 10:34 PM

It's a good theory. It does not make it "highly probable". There's a difference.

Giratina shares part of its name and its color scheme with girasol, a type of opal. Everyone was positive that Sinnoh 3 would be titled "Pokémon Opal". How'd that work out...?

Again, I'm not saying it isn't a good theory, but being a good theory does not make it "highly probable".

RedMage23
2nd October 2010, 10:42 PM
It's just as likely as Pokemon Grey, I think.

ForeverFlame
2nd October 2010, 11:05 PM
I'm also going with Pokemon Chrome, mostly because I hate the name Pokemon Gray with a passion.

There's in-game data for a silver orb that most likely represents Kyurem, so the third game will probably be something silvery.

nikohesus
2nd October 2010, 11:12 PM
I posted that theory a while ago, but anyways I completely agree.

R_N
2nd October 2010, 11:14 PM
I'm also going with Pokemon Chrome, mostly because I hate the name Pokemon Gray with a passion.

There's in-game data for a silver orb that most likely represents Kyurem, so the third game will probably be something silvery.

3rd game to be called God Version CONFIRMED

Endless
2nd October 2010, 11:47 PM
3rd game to be called God Version CONFIRMED
God Stone FTW, but I really like Chrome better.

Ophie
3rd October 2010, 8:05 AM
It's a good theory. It does not make it "highly probable". There's a difference.

Giratina shares part of its name and its color scheme with girasol, a type of opal. Everyone was positive that Sinnoh 3 would be titled "Pokémon Opal". How'd that work out...?

Again, I'm not saying it isn't a good theory, but being a good theory does not make it "highly probable".

On the other hand, Giratina's name has more in common with the Japanese word for platinum, which is "puratina," than "girasol."

I just wanted to point that out, since the rumors of the third version being Pokémon Chrome comes from about the same level of substantiation as the 4th-generation third version being Pokémon Opal.

In other words, there is no way of knowing yet.

Grei
3rd October 2010, 4:57 PM
Maybe it's the way you interpreted my "tone", but I completely agree with you. I believe that the remakes will be made too.

I've had to do some grinding, but not nearly as much as I had to do in FireRed for example.

It was my own interpretation, my apologies for possibly sounding mean. :0

As Pokemon Black and White take their name from Reshiram and Zekrom which are White and Black. In addition, reshiram derives from "shiroi" which is white in japanese, and zekrom from "kuroi" which is black in japanese.

We know that Kuremu, the ice dragon is the third character of the dragon trio of BW, along with fire dragon Reshiram, and electric dragon zekrom.

Kuremu is grey colored. And its name sound like "chrome" in french, and "chromium" in english.
And chrome is actually a grey metal.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/08/Chromium_crystals_and_1cm3_cube.jpg/220px-Chromium_crystals_and_1cm3_cube.jpg
Chromium metal

Kyuremu
http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon/646.png

I'd prefer this over Pokemon Grey. I think either one is possible--I mean, Grey would match the simplicity of the Black and White names, but it's not as if Platinum was some rare gemstone like Diamond or Pearl. Chrome sounds cooler but Grey is similar to Black/White.

lindsy95
3rd October 2010, 5:11 PM
They can do anything really.

Chrome and grey both sound cool, maybe there could be more disscussion of it in the speculation thread?

RedMage23
3rd October 2010, 5:12 PM
Well, Yellow followed its predecessors perfectly. Emerald pretty much followed its predecessors. Platinum and Crystal did not follow. It's kind of a crap shoot.

LexSuicune
3rd October 2010, 7:08 PM
Xromium definitely sounds better than Pokemon gray lol

MetalFlygon08
3rd October 2010, 8:15 PM
It will be Pokemon 'Almost Black But is Mixed With Enough White to Create a Light Black or Dark White' Version

B/W/ABBMWEWCLBDW

will be the number 1 selling pokemon games to date.

ForeverFlame
3rd October 2010, 8:49 PM
They could call it Pokemon **** Version and it would still sell 3 million copies on its first day.

Endless
14th October 2010, 10:35 PM
Of some reason, I did not find out what you got if you pre-ordered the games. As it was no figures this time, was it only the gamebox(I am pretty sure this is the wrong word, but I am talking about the ting the game card is in) with the legendaries tails being active or was it someting more/else?

Magmar's Fury
14th October 2010, 11:39 PM
Yea i like the name chrome better but will more than likely be Grey eithe way i hope it has a different storyline compared to black and white.

Lorde
14th October 2010, 11:48 PM
I just heard that Black and White can hold about 16 Wonder Cards, compared to just 3 as was the case in Generation 4. That's great news I suppose. It means that players won't have to decide between deleting an old Wonder Card and getting a new one. Believe it or not, some people still feel attached to them so hopefully this'll even things out. It'll be interesting as more Wi-Fi events are released. Kumashun's event is next so I personally can't wait :3

Sakrey
15th October 2010, 11:53 AM
It seems that the official japanese complete illustrated guide for Pokémon Black & White is to be released on the 20th of November.

http://www.pokemon-sp.jp/news-sp/2010/10/1015_01.html?a001=news#cont_anc3

A bit more than 1 month and we're going to get all Sugimori's 5th gen pokémon artworks. :)

Lorde
15th October 2010, 8:01 PM
It seems that the official japanese complete illustrated guide for Pok&#233;mon Black & White is to be released on the 20th of November.

http://www.pokemon-sp.jp/news-sp/2010/10/1015_01.html?a001=news#cont_anc3

A bit more than 1 month and we're going to get all Sugimori's 5th gen pok&#233;mon artworks. :)

I knew it! I heard it would be released in November, but I didn't have a source yet until now. Looks like it takes a while for the Japanese to get their videogame guides, which is a shame. Had this been released in September, we'd all have had the official artwork for most of the Pokemon and it would be so much easier to appreciate their designs. I can see Aken's Ken Sugimori artwork on the cover of the guide, and the artwork of other new Pokemon too. Looks good, I might buy the guide just for the artwork.

R_N
15th October 2010, 8:09 PM
Oh hey there's Crimgon!

...and he's covered by a giant yellow bar

He just can not catch a single break.

Hejiru
15th October 2010, 9:47 PM
Oh hey there's Crimgon!

...and he's covered by a giant yellow bar

He just can not catch a single break.

It's ok Crimgon, I still love you. <3

Besides, looks like Ranculus, Gigaiath, and Zebraika all have the problem, only worse. Besides, everyone on the cover we saw the art of in that CoroCoro that just came out.

EDIT: Oh wait, no, Shinporah is there. Nevermind.

R_N
15th October 2010, 11:25 PM
It's ok Crimgon, I still love you. <3

Besides, looks like Ranculus, Gigaiath, and Zebraika all have the problem, only worse. Besides, everyone on the cover we saw the art of in that CoroCoro that just came out.

EDIT: Oh wait, no, Shinporah is there. Nevermind.

Gigaiath & Rankurusu (I'm well aware it's pronounced Ranculus, but it's so dang fun to say Ran -kur -usu) were all featured predominantly in previous CoroCoros. Rankurursu

Zebraika is more noticeable for being a Shimama evo

lindsy95
15th October 2010, 11:28 PM
It's Ran-Ku-Ru-su, not Ran-kur-usu

-shot-

So, all the art in the next month? coolio. Can't wait!

Hejiru
16th October 2010, 12:21 AM
Well we've got about 55&#37; of the Sugimori art now. Though I'd like the official site to update with it, so we can get hi-res/transparent images.

R_N
16th October 2010, 2:38 AM
It's Ran-Ku-Ru-su, not Ran-kur-usu

-shot-

So, all the art in the next month? coolio. Can't wait!
Oh, wait, yeah that's how I pronounce it

I like the u sounds
it's fun to say for whatever reason

Vincenzo Hikari
16th October 2010, 7:37 AM
Wow, all new Pok&#232;mons in Sugimori Style are Awesome!

I Think in the second Guide With Reshiram and Zekrom in the front there is a code to get
one of The Hoenn Starters.

Ophie
16th October 2010, 10:49 AM
Oh, wait, yeah that's how I pronounce it

I like the u sounds
it's fun to say for whatever reason

The u's in Japanese are pronounced very quickly and, in foreign words, are used to denote that there's no vowel there at all. An exception is if there's a vowel lengthener after it.

For example, Zekrom's name in Japanese would be transliterated as "zekuromu." You'd pronounce it as if the u's weren't there. On the other hand, Pikachu's name would be transliterated as "pikachyuu." Two u's means you pronounce it as normal.

R_N
16th October 2010, 7:31 PM
The u's in Japanese are pronounced very quickly and, in foreign words, are used to denote that there's no vowel there at all. An exception is if there's a vowel lengthener after it.

For example, Zekrom's name in Japanese would be transliterated as "zekuromu." You'd pronounce it as if the u's weren't there. On the other hand, Pikachu's name would be transliterated as "pikachyuu." Two u's means you pronounce it as normal.

Remember that brief conversation we had about keeping the vowels between translations?

This is why it came up

Ophie
16th October 2010, 10:02 PM
Oh, I see what was meant.

TheAncient
21st October 2010, 12:28 AM
Many words in Japanese are pronounced differently than they're written in English. Just like stomach. It's not pronounced STO-MACH, it's pronounced STU-MEC. Each language has different rules.

saikkussu
21st October 2010, 2:32 AM
I heard that the Liberty Island Victini can't be shiny ... Is this true? I really want to go for a legit shiny of Victini.

arceus7
21st October 2010, 2:37 AM
tHAT IS NOT TRUE

Rakurai
21st October 2010, 2:46 AM
I've heard that rumor, too.

Kind of hard to know whether it's true or false, though.

Mario with Lasers
21st October 2010, 3:03 AM
I'm positive that Victini can be shiny, as it's a stationary pok&#233;mon.

It would be impossible only if it were a Mystery Gift pok&#233;mon. And even then, it *could* be shiny, but then it would have a fixed nature.

Lorde
21st October 2010, 3:11 AM
I heard that the Liberty Island Victini can't be shiny ... Is this true? I really want to go for a legit shiny of Victini.

I don't think it's true, but it could be possible for Game Freak to set a Pokemon to be non-Shiny. If they can make a Pokemon be Shiny all the time, then it must be possible to do the reverse. The only issue there is that Victini has a Shiny sprite, so there must be a way of obtaining a Shiny version. Otherwise, that sprite is a waste of space.

arceus7
21st October 2010, 3:23 AM
you can battle victini multiple times

MetalFlygon08
21st October 2010, 5:12 AM
I don't think it's true, but it could be possible for Game Freak to set a Pokemon to be non-Shiny. If they can make a Pokemon be Shiny all the time, then it must be possible to do the reverse. The only issue there is that Victini has a Shiny sprite, so there must be a way of obtaining a Shiny version. Otherwise, that sprite is a waste of space.

Well arceus has a ??? sprite pallate despite being unobtainable. So it's likely crash-fail-safe if you can't get it shiny. and it's easy to set an OW encounter to not be shiny (in PPRE I'm pretty sure you leave it (pokemon's number) 50(level) 0(non-shiny).

Lorde
21st October 2010, 6:18 AM
Well arceus has a ??? sprite pallate despite being unobtainable. So it's likely crash-fail-safe if you can't get it shiny. and it's easy to set an OW encounter to not be shiny (in PPRE I'm pretty sure you leave it (pokemon's number) 50(level) 0(non-shiny).

Oh I totally forgot about that sprite. I guess the Shiny Victini sprite is just there for similar reasons then. I've never really understood how a single sprite would prevent a crash though; it might be worth looking in to. I'm still fairly sure that Victini can be Shiny. I mean, why prevent it from being Shiny in the first place? I'd be more than willing to test it out by soft-reseting for one, but I already captured mine :c

BCVM22
21st October 2010, 6:32 AM
I've never really understood how a single sprite would prevent a crash though; it might be worth looking in to.

What needs looking into? In a game like Pokémon, programmers have to account for every possibility, even if it is 100% impossible for those outcomes to occur in normal gameplay.

As pointed out, it's the same reason Arceus has a ???-type sprite, despite the fact that there's no plate of that type (nor will there ever be, anyone who wants to try and tell me "maybe they can give it out as an event item!" will be flogged mercilessly) and Arceus can't be made to take that type in any normal gameplay: because for official purposes, debugging a game often takes programmers into nooks and crannies that normal gameplay never will and for unofficial purposes, so that the game doesn't explode when people hack in and do whatever it is that they do.

saikkussu
21st October 2010, 7:09 AM
Well thanks for the Debate <3 i'mma try for that shiny victini and if i do catch it I will be sure to let this club know. But a week tops though- if I can't get a shiny by soft resetting for a week straight- then its never going to be shiny.

Mario with Lasers
21st October 2010, 2:15 PM
Well thanks for the Debate <3 i'mma try for that shiny victini and if i do catch it I will be sure to let this club know. But a week tops though- if I can't get a shiny by soft resetting for a week straight- then its never going to be shiny.

But that's not how testing works >__>

The best method to know whether or not Victini can be shiny is by looking into the RNG algorithms. But, as I've said already, it most likely can be shiny, just as every single other stationary pokémon.

moonlightning
8th November 2010, 9:32 AM
It's a real shame that the 1.5x defence boost to ice types was just a rumour... I was making a hail stall time, Walrien would have defied all logic.

What about that strange place you can't legitimately get to yet, the tower?

myriada
8th November 2010, 9:50 AM
I just heard that Black and White can hold about 16 Wonder Cards, compared to just 3 as was the case in Generation 4. That's great news I suppose. It means that players won't have to decide between deleting an old Wonder Card and getting a new one. Believe it or not, some people still feel attached to them so hopefully this'll even things out. It'll be interesting as more Wi-Fi events are released. Kumashun's event is next so I personally can't wait :312 to be exact. Oh, and Kumasyun's event is available now.

Of some reason, I did not find out what you got if you pre-ordered the games. As it was no figures this time, was it only the gamebox(I am pretty sure this is the wrong word, but I am talking about the ting the game card is in) with the legendaries tails being active or was it someting more/else?You got SounDrops which play Zekrom/Reshiram's cries.

Lorde
8th November 2010, 6:19 PM
12 to be exact. Oh, and Kumasyun's event is available now.

Yeah there are 12 slots. I posted that there were 16 on the 14th, but I fixed that on the 17th by asking a friend about the slots and I then posted saying there were 12 of those discovered, here (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=11715836&postcount=4242). Serebii confirmed that there were 12 a few days later I think. It doesn't matter in my case though, as I'll never get more than a few Wonder Cards haha. I only have 1 so far and it's for the Liberty Ticket. I still need to collect the Kumashun so thanks for reminding me.

Also, I found something interesting regarding those underwater ruins near Sazanami Town:

As is typical of Game Freak, the secrets of the ruins are written down in ancient script (this time in cuneiform) found on walls. Some fans at 2ch decoded the characters, and it turned out that almost all of characters are meant to be substituted with the alphabet letters, which is to say that the messages are essentially written in English (unlike the Unown text in Johto and Sinnoh, which was written in romaji in the Japanese versions; similarly, the braille in Hoenn and the Sevii Islands was code for hiragana characters).

This page has the decoded text (in English) as well as the Japanese translation. The text is as follows:

Quote:
Listen to King's words.
Primes lead to truth.
King is brave.
King never loses hope.
King is kind.
King has a dream.
King is adventurous.
King accepts all.
King turns 2nd corner.
King turns 3rd corner.
King turns 5th corner.
King turns 7th corner.
Have the heart of King.
Here we praise King.
King's light shines.
King moves his people.
King acts with love.
King fought hatred.
No king gets lost.
Go on, brave king.

Life is gratitude.
Eating is receiving life.
Good or evil isn't all.
Do not be barbaric.
One must not waste.
All is precious.
Wars create tears.

King talks to all beings.
Saved all from waves.
King is hope for all.
Think act with love.

King defeated ③ alone.
④ joined King in a day.
King called ⑤ beings.
King is hope and future.
The great King ⑥.

The first two paragraphs seem rather extraneous and full of so-called words of wisdom, not unlike some of the braille text in Generation III. I think that Game Freak were just being pompous by referencing prime numbers, of which 2, 3, 5 and 7 are examples.

The last paragraphs are a mystery. ③, ④, ⑤ and ⑥ denote characters that aren't interchangeable with alphabet letters, possibly representing three or four Pok&#233;mon. In fact, the order of ③ and ④ is reversed between Black and White, suggesting that they either pertain to Reshiram and Zekrom (as the wiki suggests) or to Tornelos and Voltolos. Now, the king is said to have defeated Reshiram/Zekrom and befriended its counterpart, whereas the legend told in the main story asserts that the two Dragons were split from the same Pok&#233;mon (by the twin heroes that had founded Isshu together with that Pok&#233;mon). Unless Game Freak wanted to compound the Dragons' origin story, the story told in the ruins would seem to be in reference to the Genie trio. But then, what would that mean? That Landlos is actually a human in disguise, and this is what makes it different from its counterparts? The trio lack any sort of established backstory that would either support or rule out this possibility.

If we do interpret the text as referencing Reshiram and Zekrom, then the problem lies in that the king is said to have defeated Reshiram/Zekrom and befriended its counterpart, whereas the legend told in the main story asserts that the two Dragons were split from the same Pok&#233;mon (by the twin heroes that had founded Isshu together with that Pok&#233;mon). Considering that the items in the ruins date back 3000 years, that would almost certainly mean that Reshiram and Zekrom started out as a pair only to be merged at some point, and then they were split again by the twin heroes. This renders the theory somewhat cumbersome, but it still has its merits.

On the one hand, the mythology in the main story is fairly straightforward as it can be understood as a reference to the founding fathers of the US (and also to the civil war, seeing as Isshu was also destroyed in a war at one point by the sons of the twin heroes). On the other hand, we have these underwater ruins, whose story is told through an odd script which few players will bother to decode. It is possible that Game Freak created this ambiguity in preparation for the third version, since Black and White's plot as-is doesn't leave much room for Kyurem. Perhaps Kyurem had nothing to do with the founding of Isshu, but it used to be the king of the civilization that had lived there before. Perhaps some event made the king turn into a Pok&#233;mon, as well as causing Reshiram and Zekrom to co-exist as one being. This would mean that ③ is Reshiram/Zekrom and ④ is the other one, with ⑤ being their combined entity and ⑥ being a humanoid Kyurem.

In the third version, Kyurem might wish to battle N due to the latter taking the former's position. It is possible that the king sacrificed himself so that Reshiram and Zekrom could be as one, and so it would pain Kyurem to see the two split again. The only problem I could see is this: Would Kyurem be able to revert its form to that of the original king? We don't actually know that the king was ever an ordinary person, but even if that were the case, I could still see Kyurem having a more majestic form which it would gain by holding the Ancient Crown (the last item found in the ruins) in the third version. Granted, the item is already accessible in Black and White and has no such effect, but the NPC who buys the item implies that there is more to the crown than meets the eye.

In summary, it seems that much like the Solaceon Ruins foreshadowed HGSS and the Sinjoh Ruins event ("All lives touch other lives to create something anew and alive."), the Underwater Ruins hint at Black and White's third version. The finer details are tentative (the Japanese wiki proposes different theories from mine), but this gives us more to discuss than Rayquaza and Giratina ever did.

Marbi Z
30th November 2010, 2:24 AM
After reading about about the Global Battle Union on a recent Serebii news article I got the wonderful news that the Random Match feature in Pokemon Black and White has BANNED ALMOST ALL LENENDARIES!!! I was so happy to learn about this! It really made my day! Anyone who has read the article and seen the list of banned Pokemon knows that this is a victory for all NON LEGENDARY Pokemon users! Thats right! The Pokemon company agrees with us! We are the Majority and you LEGENDARY USERS are the cult. HAIL NINTENDO!! And like always... Real Trainers DON`T USE LEGENDARIES!!!

Marbi Z
30th November 2010, 2:27 AM
After reading about about the Global Battle Union on a recent Serebii news article I got the wonderful news that the Random Match feature in Pokemon Black and White has BANNED ALMOST ALL LENENDARIES!!! I was so happy to learn about this! It really made my day! Anyone who has read the article and seen the list of banned Pokemon knows that this is a victory for all NON LEGENDARY Pokemon users! Thats right! The Pokemon company agrees with us! We are the Majority and you LEGENDARY USERS are the cult. HAIL NINTENDO!! And like always... Real Trainers DON`T USE LEGENDARIES!!!

Sponge
30th November 2010, 10:03 AM

Has it not always been like this though? With things like the battle frontier legendaries were banned.

Game Freak aren't fools, they know that Legendaries have unfair advantages.....that's one of the things that makes them legendary.

Ophie
30th November 2010, 12:19 PM
Well, the ones with really high stats and the Event Pok&#233;mon anyway. The former is because of the unfair advantage in battle; the latter is to restrict battling to Pok&#233;mon that all players have a chance to obtain.

Took me a few years to figure out why Phione was banned from the Battle Tower and Battle Frontier...

gemini-saga
30th November 2010, 10:49 PM
http://rpgland.com/my-pokemans/pokemon-black-and-white-scans-interview-in-nintendo-dream/

New Nintendo Dream Scans

Sorry if it was posted Already ^^'

Varnani
1st December 2010, 1:00 AM
Uhh have any other names in English been revealed yet? (I'm sorry, I just started vacations today, don't know where I'm standing in the Pok&#233;World lol

razz

R_N
1st December 2010, 1:07 AM
Oh my goodness that is a whole bunch of interview

Mario with Lasers
1st December 2010, 4:36 AM

...We have 48 legendaries (47 without Phione). 25 (24 without Phione...) are banned. 13 are banned for being "too goddamn strong holy hell help meeee", which means having a BST, Base Stat Total, higher than 600: 660 for Kyurem, 670 for Kyogre and Groudon, 680 for Mewtwo, Lugia, Ho-oh and Rayquaza, 685 for Reshiram and Zekrom, 720 for Arceus. The other 12 (including Phione), on the other hand, are banned for being event-only.

This, my friend, is exactly the banlist for the Battle Tower, Frontier and Subway since, well, ever? Game Freak simply does not care AT ALL for this legendary title, as they have allowed lol Articuno with its awesome 580 BST, Latios with its 600 BST and awesome typing, stats, ability and movepool and Regigigas with 670 BST but lol Slow Start as its ability. Not only that, but since Gen I, they always create a 3-line evolutionary (which means they aren't legendary!) family whom the final evolution has a BST of... 600. You know, that's higher than the BST of TWENTY (nineteen without Phione) legendaries, and the same of 15 other legendaries.

Why can't I use Latios if you use Garchomp? Just because Latios is an one-off pokémon, is at the end of the Pokédex and has omg been the star of a Pokémon movie? What if Slaking (its BST is 670) didn't have Truant as its only ability, would you see no problem with allowing it? Or would you call it a legendary if Game Freak banned it? Really, being legendary or not matters zilch on it being acceptable. There's more to a pokémon than it meets the eye.

Also, real trainers use Lanturn!

Lorde
1st December 2010, 4:36 AM
New Nintendo Dream Scans

That stuff looks so interesting and it's at times like these that I wish I could read Japanese. I saw some of the images though, and I can deduce that there will be a segment talking about the instrument characters like the piano girl and the drum boy from Karakusa Town and the acordeon guy from Shippou City. That might be interesting once it's translated. It also seems like we might get some more information on why Black City and White Forest change from time to time. I hope they can elaborate on why they made both areas so nightmarish.

Uhh have any other names in English been revealed yet? (I'm sorry, I just started vacations today, don't know where I'm standing in the PokéWorld lol

razz

No new names have been announced. You can bet that any update would be added to the main site though.

Sabonea_Masukippa
1st December 2010, 4:59 AM
http://rpgland.com/my-pokemans/pokemon-black-and-white-scans-interview-in-nintendo-dream/

New Nintendo Dream Scans

I posted this in the New Pokemon thread too, but meh. Rest of the character stuff is mostly translated on Pokejungle and the rest of the interview appears to be about the music, might get to that when I get home from work.

The starters are designed to not look strong in their first stages for the people beginning the games for the first time.
Tepig was designed first, then Snivy, then Oshawott.
Tepig was born out of the idea to have a pig shoot fire from its nose because it would be cute.
They always spend a lot of time worrying about the water type. If they get the base animal wrong then it can look weird. Same with the grass-type, and they give the example of a dog suddenly sprouting leaves being strange.
They wanted a reptile for the grass-type this time and because they already had a lizard of sorts (Treecko), they decided on a snake. Because to make it a true snake might be a little off-putting, they gave Snivy cute arms and legs, hoping that if they gradually made it more snake-like no one would be scared of it too much. Of course Jarlorda has his arms still, behind his back, making him look all high and mighty.
Oshawott was the hardest. They decided on an otter early on, but couldn’t figure out what it would evolve into. After seeing a sea-lion show and seeing how powerful their legs were they decided to use them as a base. Daikenki’s design was finished first and then Oshawott’s, by retro-fit.
Snivy was designed to be the cool one, Tepig, the funny one and Mijumaru the serious one.
Nageki and Dageki were designed by Sugimori. He’d had the idea for a Judo Pokemon that used throwing attacks (because that was a style of Fighting Pokemon they hadn’t done before) during DP’s development, but it wasn’t used so he redid it this time and it became Nageki. Dageki was born from the need for a counterpart to Nageki and used karate as the base.
Tabunne was born from an order to design a cute Pokemon, one that could fill Chansey’s position in the games (and also the anime - Sugimori mentions being worried about the Pokemon Nurse Joy would have since Isshu was to be all new Pokemon).
Sugimori describes Chillarmy as having the position of Clefairy from RBG. Masuda asked for a Pokemon that nearly everyone would think was cute, so they asked the guy who designed Pikachu. He describes Chillaccino as not becoming much bigger but more gorgeous in evolution.
For Victini, Masuda asked for a Pokemon of good fortune. From the start he wanted something that looked like people could get power from it and had a V-shape in it’s design.
Zorua and Zoroark were being designed (he says the ‘the thing that would become Zorua and Zoroark’) just as there was talk of using a dark-type in the 13th movie and they were selected because they suited a movie well. In terms of design, he says a point to notice is that Zoroark’s mane replaces his tail.
Mamepato and Minezumi are the Pidgey and Rattata. This bit’s hard to read but: it talks about all the heart shapes used in Mamepato’s family’s designs (a play on ‘hato’ pigeon and haato ‘heart-shaped’) like Mamepato’s chest and the male Kenhorou’s mask. Because they didn’t think a pigeon just getting bigger would look very strong, Mamepato is based off a pigeon (hato), Hatohboh is based off a turtledove (Kijibato) and Kenhorou is based off of a green pheasant, or a Japanese pheasant (Kiji).
Musharna was designed after one of the designers, who hadn’t come up with anything, was asked to desgin something, so he decided on a Baku that had dream smoke coming out of its head. It was pure coincidence that there’s the ‘dream’ features in the game and when they were asked to design a ‘dream’ Pokemon they already had one. Munna was born from the need for a pre-evo for Musharna.
Emonga is designed to be the Pikachu of the gen, like Pichu, Plusle, Minun and Pachirisu before it. It is the only Pokemon who’s ‘order’ allowed it to just be cute, other Pokemon cannot just be cute and get included. They thought of giving it a second type and decided to make it flying-type because of the Flying Pikachu.
Yanappu, Baoppu and Hiyappu were designed based on the knowledge that the first gym would be grass/fire/water, that the gym would be a restaurant and the leaders would be waiters. So the designer thought ‘what if the leader’s used a Pokemon that could cook?’ A different designer did the evolutions. They gave them personalities, like the starters. This part is hard to read too, so there is more, but I can’t make it out and don’t want to guess to much.
Yabukuron was designed because they wanted to a pollution related Pokemon included, especially since there’s a big city involved in the plot, and they thought the problem of garbage was what most people would think of when they thought of pollution. The original idea was a torn garbage bag.
The idea for a Pokemon with a runny nose that’s turned into a icicle was an idea bought up by one of the designers for a long time and they used it this time because the design finally worked. Also, because of the animations this time, they could get the idea across easier. Sugimori says that this is a new take on the Pokemon who drip or drool, like Gloom and laughs.
Symbolar’s original design was much more striking, but Sugimori sat down with the designer and made it more Pokemon-esque, although he still thinks it’s got a lot of impact.
Dokkorar was based on an idea for a Pokemon who worked at a construction site. It’s holding a bit of timber and they did wonder if it was ok for it to do so, but then the RBG Pokemon held stuff like spring onions and spoons and they thought the animation of this would be interesting. Its legs are based on knickerbockers. Dotekkotsu is supposed to be a young, powerful warrior, while Roobushin is a slightly aged veteran.
Kaburumo is based off a bug that eats snails (Chobomaki), but rather than have them eat each other, they thought why not trade them. They wanted Kaburumo’s evo to be slow and the realised that if they gave it Chobomaki’s shell to wear in evolution that would work.

Ophie
1st December 2010, 9:00 AM
Heh, I thought the coincidence was going to be that Inception came out during production of this game, which has a lot in common with Musharna. Of course, I first read, "Musharna was designed after one of the designers," so I thought someone on the team physically resembles it.

gemini-saga
1st December 2010, 11:13 AM
THanks for the Translation o/

Rakurai
1st December 2010, 11:57 AM
Hooray for an official answer to the question of whether or not Jalorda has arms.

It was still bugging me in the back of my mind.

LexSuicune
1st December 2010, 7:54 PM
Thanks so much for the translation!