PDA

View Full Version : Official Black & White Help thread (Ask your questions here)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95

bobandbill
19th September 2010, 12:21 PM
As the games are out and people are already asking questions about what's where and so forth, you can have a Help thread to ask those questions in!

Please keep the posts to the topic of answering/asking questions please. Also have patience with questions as sometimes posts get missed - you are allowed to re-post questions if a significant amount of time has passed without an answer (unless you'd be double posting which isn't allowed =p).

Useful site links:

B&W Pokedex - for level-up moves and evolutions (when and how). (http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/)
Gym Leader Info - levels + Pokes. (http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/gyms.shtml)
Elite Four Info - levels + Pokes. (http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/elitefour.shtml)
Other B&W stuff found here. (http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/)

DarkPrince
19th September 2010, 12:26 PM
Can anyone help me and tell me what to do in Aloe's Gym?
Im stuck in the Library

P.S. Woohoo 1st post! xD

mitchman_93
19th September 2010, 12:33 PM
Im stuck in the Library

P.S. Woohoo 1st post! xD
Pokejungle has it. But I'll post it:

Aloe’s Gym puzzle is kinda tough if you don’t read Japanese. Go the first shelf on the left, select the first option, then click the screens. Next shelf to go to is the second on the left (directly behind the first) and select the first option. After that’s done go up to the girl at the last shelf on the left and she will battle you. After she will step aside and you can read the book (first option) then go to the first shelf on the right, select first option. After that go to the girl on the right and she’ll battle you… beat her and she’ll step aside and the shelf will slide open to reveal a staircase to Aloe!

Dezmond
19th September 2010, 12:35 PM
Im stuck in the Library

P.S. Woohoo 1st post! xD

Basically you have to read the books in order to get the attention of the two trainers who are also reading.
You know you have done it right when the trainer faces away from the bookshelves. Then you only have to talk to them and use one of 2 options, I hit the first option both times and they were good but it could be different.
Someone who can speak Japanese might be able to clarify it but it isn't that hard once you notice the trainers facing away from the bookshelves.

Now my question. When does Meguroko evolve into Warubiru? Mine Meguroko is at lvl 25 and hasn't evolved yet. Is it by level or another method? Thanks D*N

Thanks in advance,

D*N
19th September 2010, 12:42 PM
Basically you have to read the books in order to get the attention of the two trainers who are also reading.
You know you have done it right when the trainer faces away from the bookshelves. Then you only have to talk to them and use one of 2 options, I hit the first option both times and they were good but it could be different.
Someone who can speak Japanese might be able to clarify it but it isn't that hard once you notice the trainers facing away from the bookshelves.

Now my question. When does Meguroko evolve into Warubiru? Mine Meguroko is at lvl 25 and hasn't evolved yet. Is it by level or another method?

Thanks in advance,

meguroko lv 29.

Achernar
19th September 2010, 12:44 PM
I wanna ask if you can challenge Belle as the pokemon league champion just like what earlier reports said?

what happens to her and Cheren after the end of the game?

BladedInferno
19th September 2010, 12:53 PM
which version has the turtle pokemon? or no one know's yet?

D*N
19th September 2010, 12:54 PM
which version has the turtle pokemon? or no one know's yet?

It isn't version exclusive, You can choose between the two fossils.

D*N
19th September 2010, 12:55 PM
I wanna ask if you can challenge Belle as the pokemon league champion just like what earlier reports said?

what happens to her and Cheren after the end of the game?

That's what nobody knows at the moment since serebii haven't found out yet.

-Salamence-
19th September 2010, 12:56 PM
i wanted to teach my pokemon some new moves. but i not reffering to the TM.
someone has all the new attacks list? I saw slowkingsley posted but i want a list of the new moves also with their names.

Padfootismine
19th September 2010, 1:02 PM
When is the earliest time one can get a Sun Stone and a Fire Stone? An can you get two fire stones/sun stones? :)

Magician_Ruwla
19th September 2010, 1:05 PM
Can someone help me?

I have a Koromori and Kurumayu and they both are supposed to evolve in Summer time.. It's summer in my game, leveled them up in Summer but.. they won't evolve! Help please!

I'm really confused.. Serebii says happiness for Kurumayu, but other sites say summertime..

BladedInferno
19th September 2010, 1:08 PM
It isn't version exclusive, You can choose between the two fossils.

oh thats good. is they any word on what pokemon are exclusive to what version yet?

poke-lord
19th September 2010, 1:12 PM
has the shiny rate ben lowered

sam_h12
19th September 2010, 1:18 PM
Can someone help me?

I have a Koromori and Kurumayu and they both are supposed to evolve in Summer time.. It's summer in my game, leveled them up in Summer but.. they won't evolve! Help please!

I'm really confused.. Serebii says happiness for Kurumayu, but other sites say summertime..

i saw somewhere that it's LV__ DURING summer for both of them. smogon forums, check there. think koromori is lv20something...? sorry.

my question: where's the 1st place i can get a leaf stone for my pathetic yanappu?!

natie
19th September 2010, 1:25 PM
has the shiny rate ben loweredNo.

10chara

Lee-san
19th September 2010, 1:33 PM
When is the earliest time one can get a Sun Stone and a Fire Stone? An can you get two fire stones/sun stones? :)

Seconding that question..I'm in dire need of a Fire Stone.

optimus prime
19th September 2010, 1:36 PM
Where can you find Kibago and at what level evolved shimama?

sam_h12
19th September 2010, 1:39 PM
guys can we make a rule - don't ask for help unless you can help a previous post
sound fair?

Lee-san
19th September 2010, 1:45 PM
Where can you find Kibago and at what level evolved shimama?

Shimama evolves at level 27 I think..might be 28 or 29 though.

optimus prime
19th September 2010, 1:46 PM
guys can we make a rule - don't ask for help unless you can help a previous post
sound fair?

But if you don't know the answer from the post?

sam_h12
if you need to know when something evolves check www.serebii.net/pokedex-bx

guys can we make a rule - don't ask for help unless you can help a previous poster?
does that sound fair?

Evil Kitten
That would mean that people wouldn't be able to ask for help if they need it as more than likely they won't be able to help others if they can't help themselves in what they are asking.

optimus prime
19th September 2010, 1:49 PM
if you need to know when something evolves check www.serebii.net/pokedex-bx

guys can we make a rule - don't ask for help unless you can help a previous poster?
does that sound fair?

Shimama evolve level doesn't stand there.

thomas477
19th September 2010, 1:53 PM
For those with the Japanese versions, is the text set as Japanese script (ie Hiragana/Katakana) or can you change it to Romaji? I ask because im considering importing it and my Hiragana and Katakana isn't what it used to be.

Thanks

StrongBad456
19th September 2010, 1:56 PM
For those with the Japanese versions, is the text set as Japanese script (ie Hiragana/Katakana) or can you change it to Romaji? I ask because im considering importing it and my Hiragana and Katakana isn't what it used to be.

Thanks

No, I'm about 100% sure they wouldn't put an option for Romaji. Just Hiragana, Katakana, and a new option for Kanji.

thomas477
19th September 2010, 1:59 PM
No, I'm about 100% sure they wouldn't put an option for Romaji. Just Hiragana, Katakana, and a new option for Kanji.

ok thank you, so there wouldnt be any kanji in it unless i optioned to use it, just hiragana and katakana?

txdaan
19th September 2010, 2:00 PM
I'm pretty sure Shimama evolves at Lv.27, although mine is only Lv.22.

How early can one find Moguryuu?

Lee-san
19th September 2010, 2:03 PM
Okay, I can answer my own question :D
Right as you enter Hiun city, go down immediately - you'll be at some small dock. Talk to the scientist there - he'll give you one of the three elemental stones, the Fire Stone is the middle option.

natie
19th September 2010, 2:06 PM
ok thank you, so there wouldnt be any kanji in it unless i optioned to use it, just hiragana and katakana?Only kanji I've seen so far is the kanji when the game tells you what season it is.

Then again, it says the English name of the season right below so it shouldn't be much of a problem.

D*N
19th September 2010, 2:10 PM
oh thats good. is they any word on what pokemon are exclusive to what version yet?
yes, someone posted a link, but it wasn't confirmed yet.
We know that the cotton balls are version exclusive but you can get one with trading in-game, then reshiram and zekrom, rakurusu line and gothic dol line, ........rest need to be confirmed yet.

i saw somewhere that it's LV__ DURING summer for both of them. smogon forums, check there. think koromori is lv20something...? sorry.

my question: where's the 1st place i can get a leaf stone for my pathetic yanappu?!
koromori-> level up in summer ( no level 20 needed).
Leafstone should be in Hiun City were someone give you it depending on with monkey you have, so In your case leaf stone.

Seconding that question..I'm in dire need of a Fire Stone.
Same as above: Hiun city.

sound fair?

Why? that sucks.
If you have a question but don't know the questions others are posting to it just doesn't make sense.
I don't have questions, I only help people.

D*N
19th September 2010, 2:11 PM
I'm pretty sure Shimama evolves at Lv.27, although mine is only Lv.22.

How early can one find Moguryuu?

In the first cave you come across.
I gues it's between sanyou and shippou.

D*N
19th September 2010, 2:12 PM
Shimama evolve level doesn't stand there.

it's level 27. Look here for all:
http://pokejungle.net/bw-pages/evolution-data/

sorry for double posting couldn't have all quotes in one though.

aclover
19th September 2010, 2:19 PM
how early on can you find the baby electric spider?

thomas477
19th September 2010, 2:24 PM
Only kanji I've seen so far is the kanji when the game tells you what season it is.

Then again, it says the English name of the season right below so it shouldn't be much of a problem.

Cheers mate.

natie
19th September 2010, 2:27 PM
how early on can you find the baby electric spider?In the cave where you fight N. (I completely forgot what it's called)

It'll be at level 20 or so.

bobandbill
19th September 2010, 2:30 PM
does that sound fair? As said this wouldn't work too well as often people just want a quick answer to a one-off question. =/ Nothing wrong with only asking for help (as long as the user makes a basic attempt to look for the answer first).

Btw couple of links tossed in the first post including the bw-pokedex on the site already. =p No doubt sometime later an FAQ will also be made but for now this'll have to do - early days for the new gen after.

Espeon POWER!
19th September 2010, 2:34 PM
Okay, I can answer my own question :D
Right as you enter Hiun city, go down immediately - you'll be at some small dock. Talk to the scientist there - he'll give you one of the three elemental stones, the Fire Stone is the middle option.

I can confirm this since I got leaf stone from him, luckily though since I was speeding through his text and it was too late and I answered his question before I could see it fully, this means leaf stone is first option.

optimus prime
19th September 2010, 2:34 PM
Now my other question:
Where can you find kibago?

sam_h12
19th September 2010, 2:39 PM
does anyone know how exactly the exp distribution works in this game? it's weird...

aclover
19th September 2010, 2:42 PM
In the cave where you fight N. (I completely forgot what it's called)

It'll be at level 20 or so.
what the electro magnetic one? thanks!

nicknick88
19th September 2010, 2:43 PM
this is probably a dumb question, but why aren't there any pokemon pictures in bw pokedex

natie
19th September 2010, 2:43 PM
does anyone know how exactly the exp distribution works in this game? it's weird...You get experience for winning a battle.

@aclover: yeah.

@nicknick88: Serebii was told to remove them.

optimus prime
19th September 2010, 2:45 PM
does anyone know how exactly the exp distribution works in this game? it's weird...
If you fight a lvl 6 koromori with a level 10 pokabu or so you get more exp. than you fight with a level 20 pokabu.

What I mean with that: how higher the pokemon from you is how lesser exp. you get from a centain pokemon.

growlithe_master
19th September 2010, 2:58 PM
this is probably a dumb question, but why aren't there any pokemon pictures in bw pokedex

pokebeach received a letter from nintendo telling them to remove all images. they said they would also make rounds to other pokemon sites, and it seems serebii was next. however, judging from the fact that we're allowed to keep images from other games, i'm assuming they'll allow the pictures once the game has been out for a while and there is nothing to hide. but for the time being, nintendo has decided to be a huge group of a**holes and demanded that all pictures be taken down.

SergeiDragunov
19th September 2010, 3:43 PM
pokebeach received a letter from nintendo telling them to remove all images. they said they would also make rounds to other pokemon sites, and it seems serebii was next. however, judging from the fact that we're allowed to keep images from other games, i'm assuming they'll allow the pictures once the game has been out for a while and there is nothing to hide. but for the time being, nintendo has decided to be a huge group of a**holes and demanded that all pictures be taken down.

Yeah. I don't even see how Nintendo even has a leg to stand on here. The games are out, it's not like we're leaking top-secret information. Ah whatever.

On-topic: Am I right in saying that Reshiram/Zekrom are found AFTER the E4?

optimus prime
19th September 2010, 3:45 PM
Now my other question:
Where can you find kibago?

Nobody? :(

@ SergeiDragunov: Yea you find it if you want chalenge the champion.

StrongBad456
19th September 2010, 3:47 PM
Yeah. I don't even see how Nintendo even has a leg to stand on here. The games are out, it's not like we're leaking top-secret information. Ah whatever.

Yes, you get Reshiram/Zekrom after you beat the Elite 4.

D*N
19th September 2010, 3:54 PM

Read the spoilers on the main site and you know when en why:D.

Nobody? :(

@ SergeiDragunov: Yea you find it if you want chalenge the champion.

Sorry I don't think anybody should know that.
I know some pokemon found early from pokebeach but I think Kibago is a little father away, and not that easy to get.
My feelings say you can get it by the last city with the dragon gym.

TheNoob
19th September 2010, 3:54 PM
Will the grassmonkey learn any new moves if i evolve him by using the stone?
He is lvl 28.

D*N
19th September 2010, 3:57 PM
Will the grassmonkey learn any new moves if i evolve him by using the stone?
He is lvl 28.

nothing, you need to learn grasmonkey first all his moves and then evolve it, or use the move relearner.
Can find it in link from first post, so first look there before you ask.

poke-lord
19th September 2010, 3:57 PM
no he wont

-Salamence-
19th September 2010, 3:59 PM
what are the names of the 91 new moves?

SergeiDragunov
19th September 2010, 4:00 PM
When can I get my hands on Moguryuu? Early?

poke-lord
19th September 2010, 4:01 PM
i think they are in the first cave and are more likely to appear on a moving pice of ground

Jack5544-_
19th September 2010, 4:02 PM
In White, when I press start on the title screen, it closes up on Zekrom's face and I hear the cry, but five seconds later it resumes with the normal title screen animation. Why is that exactly?

crezz
19th September 2010, 4:02 PM
where do i revive the fossils? I NEED MAH CHICKEN!!! D:

D*N
19th September 2010, 4:05 PM
where do i revive the fossils? I NEED MAH CHICKEN!!! D:

Try to talk to people in the museum, I think that's your best bet.

Jack5544-_
19th September 2010, 4:07 PM
In White, when I press start, It closes up on Zekrom's face but then it just resumes with the normal title screen animation. Why is this?
Edit: Dang :)

D*N
19th September 2010, 4:09 PM
i think they are in the first cave and are more likely to appear on a moving pice of ground
that's right.

In White, when I press start on the title screen, it closes up on Zekrom's face and I hear the cry, but five seconds later it resumes with the normal title screen animation. Why is that exactly?

Because it is the way it is.
Don't ask something that's stupid.

SergeiDragunov
19th September 2010, 4:10 PM
A moving piece of ground? Are those just certain stationary parts of the cave like tall grass in the field, or do they randomly appear?

Jack5544-_
19th September 2010, 4:11 PM
So how do you start the game? BTW, I thought this was the HELP thread.

-Salamence-
that's right.

and you know what are the new 91 moves and their names?

poke-lord
it's like tabunne where a certain piece of grass shakes

SergeiDragunov
19th September 2010, 4:13 PM
Well, it looks like I'll be spending quite some time looking for old Moggy. Oh well, Doryuuzu's worth it.

crezz
19th September 2010, 4:13 PM
hmmm.. does'nt seem to be in the museum, i'm open to other suggestions? :(

EDIT: found it! ;D
you have to talk to the right receptionist :p

D*N
19th September 2010, 4:15 PM
So how do you start the game? BTW, I thought this was the HELP thread.
I don't get it, Just push on the button and your game get's started.

and you know what are the new 91 moves and their names?

sorry I don't, slowkingsly has a list but I don't know where.

D*N
19th September 2010, 4:16 PM
Oh and the person that was looking for a Kibago:
It's in the Fu kiyose cave.

Espeon POWER!
19th September 2010, 4:17 PM
If anyone wants a confirmation on Psychic bat's evo time, it doesn't require summer to evolve mine just evolved at 21 in spring very much to my surprise indeed.
I guess this means it does take the happiness method serebii has listed.

Sauron
19th September 2010, 4:29 PM
Well,as I dont understand japanese. I am planning to play the game only using 2 pokemons. The first Pokemon is the Fire Starter(i think pokabu), so I was wondering if anyone could suggest another pokemon which is quite strong ,has good moves and found quite early in the game. As this is in japanese I dont want to care about and stat except the attacks. And also can you give it location. Thanks in advance

Geist
19th September 2010, 4:34 PM
So, just reached the desert where the fossils are supposed to be, but there's only two holes in the ruin, both of them leading to the same place.
My question: can I actually get those yet or do I have to wait till later, because I can find absolutely no way deeper into these ruins yet.
I'm at 3 badges at the moment, so is it too early for me or am I just blind?

D*N
19th September 2010, 4:34 PM
Well,as I dont understand japanese. I am planning to play the game only using 2 pokemons. The first Pokemon is the Fire Starter(i think pokabu), so I was wondering if anyone could suggest another pokemon which is quite strong ,has good moves and found quite early in the game. As this is in japanese I dont want to care about and stat except the attacks. And also can you give it location. Thanks in advance

Try Shimana, It's on route 3, evolution on level 27, electric pokemon, good stats, good movepool.

SergeiDragunov
19th September 2010, 4:42 PM

Try Yooterii's line. It's found within the first 3 routes, and its final form has decent stats and a diverse movepool, learning all Elemental Fangs, Crunch, and if you're going with only 2 Pokemon, diversity is key.

Sauron
19th September 2010, 4:55 PM
thnx guys I see both and choose

LightLag
19th September 2010, 5:03 PM
Okay so I signed up here to get some help.
I went on wifi this morning or whatever and got myself the Liberty Ticket.
I saved in the middle of my E4 challange, so I did all that, finished the game and got the National Pokedex. I went to Hiun City and there are only two boats there. One is on the far left pier, and one is in the middle pier. I talk to the pair of them but they don't let me on.

Advice? D:

crezz
19th September 2010, 5:04 PM
i need some advice on the ability weak-kneed. does it only halve att and sp. att stat?

D*N
19th September 2010, 5:10 PM
people stuck with the fossils:
BACKTRACK back to the resort desert dungeon thing. WALK(don't run) along the outside of the sand trap to avoid being sucked in. talk to the backpack girl to get a fossil.
first choice is the turtle purotooga. second choice is bird akeen.
take the fossil to the first gym(after getting fly is easiest) and talk to the girl at the right counter. she will bring back your pokemon. have an empty slot. it will be at level 25

Tyranitar trainer
19th September 2010, 5:11 PM
What level should I evolve my Hiyapuu? It's 26 at the moment

@Crezz: I think it cuts all stats except HP

Geist
19th September 2010, 5:11 PM
Awesome, thank you, going to do that right now.

D*N
19th September 2010, 5:12 PM
What level should I evolve my Hiyapuu? It's 26 at the moment

@Crezz: I think it cuts all stats except HP

evolve with water stone.

Odori
19th September 2010, 5:14 PM
Where do you find Shikijika? :/

D*N
19th September 2010, 5:14 PM
someone was searching all new moves hea?
here it is: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2992731&postcount=52

TheNoob
19th September 2010, 5:15 PM
What are all the HM's i cant finde it anywhere here.

D*N
19th September 2010, 5:16 PM
Where do you find Shikijika? :/

The route after the 4th gym city( electric one).

D*N
19th September 2010, 5:17 PM
What are all the HM's i cant finde it anywhere here.

Hm's are Dive, Cut, Strentgh, Waterfall, Surf and Fly.
Cut is avaible after first gym ( Makoma gives you it).

You get Fly from Belle ( so can't miss it)
And Surf from Adeku ( also can't miss).
Dive and Waterfall are after elite 4 ( according to serebii).

LightLag
19th September 2010, 5:21 PM
Okay so I signed up here to get some help.
I went on wifi this morning or whatever and got myself the Liberty Ticket.
I saved in the middle of my E4 challange, so I did all that, finished the game and got the National Pokedex. I went to Hiun City and there are only two boats there. One is on the far left pier, and one is in the middle pier. I talk to the pair of them but they don't let me on.

Advice? D:

Lol D: Quoting because it got burried under the rush of posts.;492-s;

Tyranitar trainer
19th September 2010, 5:25 PM
evolve with water stone.

No, I mean't what level should I evolve it with the water stone

Odori
19th September 2010, 5:26 PM
1. Where is the move relearner?
2. Where do you catch the following pokemon: Hitomoshi, moguryuu, monozu, komatana

Also: Thanks! I just got to that area and will begin my search for that elusive deer. Is it rare? (Also, is it on the same route as the ice cream pokemon or the poke-shroom?)

edit: NM, caught one. It's on the route with the pokeshroom

TheNoob
19th September 2010, 5:27 PM

Dive and Waterfall are after elite 4 ( according to serebii).

What are the exact numbers for each HM?

natie

Dive and Waterfall are after elite 4 ( according to serebii).Only 6 HM's, huh?

StrongBad456
Lol D: Quoting because it got burried under the rush of posts.;492-s;

Sorry to ask you a stupid question but did you pick up the ticket at the Pokemon Center? If you've done that, just try talking to everyone at the harbor.

D*N

doesn't matter, what you want.
But the last move it learns is crunch at level 43.
So I'll take level 43.

D*N
19th September 2010, 5:29 PM
1. Where is the move relearner?
2. Where do you catch the following pokemon: Hitomoshi, moguryuu, monozu, komatana

Also: Thanks! I just got to that area and will begin my search for that elusive deer. Is it rare? (Also, is it on the same route as the ice cream pokemon or the poke-shroom?)
the mole is in the first cave between sanyou and shippou, only in some moving area. dark pile or something.

Only 6 HM's, huh?

yes, look at the main site.
I hear people already complaining that there's no rock smash but that one is a tm now.

Wordy
19th September 2010, 5:31 PM

I would recommend (depending on whether you want it to be physical or special based) evolving it at Lv. 23, when it learns that new attack named Boiling Water with its 1/3 burn chance. Alternatively, its last STAB move is Brine at Lv. 34.

Everything's in my sig, so no need to worry.

D*N
19th September 2010, 5:33 PM
What are the exact numbers for each HM?

hm2 is surf and hm3 is fly, rest is unknown at the moment.
Gonna slow down, because of all the double posting, I may get infracted.

Thank you Wordy, Im just gonna say: See wordy';s signature!

natie
19th September 2010, 5:43 PM
I hear people already complaining that there's no rock smash but that one is a tm now.Actually, I don't see the need to make a difference between TMs and HMs now, as you can both use them as much as you want (only you can sell/buy TMs, but I don't think many people really do that).

Espeon POWER!
19th September 2010, 6:03 PM

Well it stops learning moves when it evolves and IIRC level 43 is it's last move so I would say evolve it then.

giant
19th September 2010, 6:11 PM
I just unlocked the Transfer Machine in Hiun City.
My friend recently sent me the Crown City Raikou, Entei, and Suicine to my English Diamond version, but I'm having trouble sending them over to White version.
If anyone is curious what I did, I used the DS download play from Diamond version, White version transfer machine option, and the beasts are not holding any items.

Is there something I still have to do? Thanks.

Odori
19th September 2010, 6:26 PM
How -do- you unlock the transfer machine? Where is it? How does it work? ect.

crezz
19th September 2010, 6:30 PM
ummm.... i would kinda like to know where the heart scale dude is? :p

angel4u185
19th September 2010, 6:32 PM
Where do you find Bachuru?

Grei
19th September 2010, 6:38 PM
Alright, two questions:

1. At what point is the GTS available? Is it after the first badge, like in DPPt?

2. Does Tabunne's Healing Pulse work like Softboiled, where it can be used outside of battle to heal your party members? Or does it only work in-battle?

StrongBad456
19th September 2010, 6:43 PM
I just unlocked the Transfer Machine in Hiun City.
My friend recently sent me the Crown City Raikou, Entei, and Suicine to my English Diamond version, but I'm having trouble sending them over to White version.
If anyone is curious what I did, I used the DS download play from Diamond version, White version transfer machine option, and the beasts are not holding any items.

Is there something I still have to do? Thanks.

You're trying to send them over from the English version of Diamond right? I've heard that you'd need the Japanese version of Diamond/Pearl/Platinum or HG/SS to use the Pokeshifter and Transfer Machine in the Japanese version of B/W. It was the same with the Pal Park in Gen 4 and needing Japanese Gen 3 games to use it in the Japanese version of Gen 4 games.

Dragotar911
19th September 2010, 7:01 PM
I heard there is a Vs. Seeker in this game. If so, at what point do you get it?

And where do you find the dark/dragon Hydra, basic stage?

Wordy
19th September 2010, 7:03 PM
Hydra basic stage is in Victory Road. Around Lv. 38.

Pamizard
19th September 2010, 7:06 PM
Whats the next HM u get after cut and where do you get it. I think i skipped getting it since i just beat the 4th gym

Dragotar911
19th September 2010, 7:07 PM
Also, can anybody trade with me to evolve my Dekkototsu to Roopushin?

And also inform me on the translations of what the wifi receptionist says so I can pick the right options?

EDIT:

Here Pamizard

Whats the next HM u get after cut and where do you get it. I think i skipped getting it since i just beat the 4th gym

Don't worry about it, the next one is fly and you should have it given to you soon by Belle after a rival battle when leaving the city to the left exit.

Grei
19th September 2010, 7:10 PM
Alright, two questions:

1. At what point is the GTS available? Is it after the first badge, like in DPPt?

2. Does Tabunne's Healing Pulse work like Softboiled, where it can be used outside of battle to heal your party members? Or does it only work in-battle?

Call me impatient.

Dragotar911
19th September 2010, 7:12 PM
Call me impatient.

Not sure about the Healing Pulse, but I'm pretty sure you can use GTS after helping Makomo and saving Munna.

Grei
19th September 2010, 7:16 PM
Not sure about the Healing Pulse, but I'm pretty sure you can use GTS after helping Makomo and saving Munna.

Thank you very much!

Beck
19th September 2010, 7:16 PM
Kenhorou, Mamepato's final evolution has two forms, correct? Is its form dependent on its gender, or another condition? The first sprite Serebii posted looked like a male version, without the pink, but the other form, below, has these pink ribbon-like streamers around its eyes, as well as a green under belly.

Female?
http://www.majhost.com/gallery/nikohesus/Pokemon/521.png

Dragotar911
19th September 2010, 7:23 PM
Kenhorou, Mamepato's final evolution has two forms, correct? Is its form dependent on its gender, or another condition? The first sprite Serebii posted looked like a male version, without the pink, but the other form, below, has these pink ribbon-like streamers around its eyes, as well as a green under belly.

Female?
http://www.majhost.com/gallery/nikohesus/Pokemon/521.png

Male.

Is there VS Seeker in this game (not recorder, the one for rematches).

And scratch that part about trading for Dokketotsu, I've chosen to use Kojuufuu instead, better speed.

D*N
19th September 2010, 7:32 PM
Ì think I have also some question's about locations of pokemon:
- Anyone who encounterd the pre-evo from wargle?
With route? were exacly? And it isn't version exclusive?
- Same for Shanderaa's basic, when? were?

Grei
19th September 2010, 7:32 PM
I'm confused about the Dream World now...

You can transfer any Pokemon from the Dream World to BW pre-National Dex, right? Like, you could get a Turtwig or an Aerodactyl or a Miltank in Black and White through the Dream World before you get the National Dex, correct?

There seems to be a lot of confusion on this, and now I'm not so sure of it.

Henkdevries
19th September 2010, 7:33 PM
What do you have to do after you get your 7th badge? I've already been to some tower where N flies away with Reshiram, but now I'm stuck. I can't go to route 8 , there are builders blocking the path. What to do now, I can't find N.

StrongBad456
19th September 2010, 7:47 PM
What do you have to do after you get your 7th badge? I've already been to some tower where N flies away with Reshiram, but now I'm stuck. I can't go to route 8 , there are builders blocking the path. What to do now, I can't find N.

According to Pokebeach, you have to go to the Ancient Castle on Route 4. To reach the castle, you have to travel through the desert.

D*N
19th September 2010, 7:47 PM

You need to go to the desert:
from pokebeach ( lezen van beneden naar boven)( omdat ik weet dat je nederlands bent)
Ryokushi, one of the Seven Sages is waiting in the lower levels. He tells you to proceed through the quicksand to meet Geechisu. Although you've been invited, you still have to battle grunts to make it there.
A girl in the cave has 2 fossils; she offers you one. The Carapace Fossil becomes Purotoga and the Wing Fossil becomes Archen.
To traverse the Ancient Castle, you need to hop in quicksand pits to access lower levels. There are many trainers here, as well as Pokemon like Meguroc and Deathmas.
To reach the Ancient Castle you need to pass through the Resort Desert. It has pits of sand that are difficult to move through, much like the bogs that were present in Diamond and Pearl. Cheren is waiting for you at the entrance to the castle. He says that Adeku is already inside, and the two of you should follow.
We need to catch Zekrom now, since it's the only Pokemon that can stop Reshiram and defeat N! Cherem leaves with Adeku, while you head to the Ancient Castle on Route 4 at Belle's suggestion.

Nutter t.KK
19th September 2010, 7:48 PM
Can "Notchie" Aka Spiky Ear Pichu go to Isshu?

Henkdevries
19th September 2010, 7:57 PM
You need to go to the desert:
from pokebeach ( lezen van beneden naar boven)( omdat ik weet dat je nederlands bent)
Ryokushi, one of the Seven Sages is waiting in the lower levels. He tells you to proceed through the quicksand to meet Geechisu. Although you've been invited, you still have to battle grunts to make it there.
A girl in the cave has 2 fossils; she offers you one. The Carapace Fossil becomes Purotoga and the Wing Fossil becomes Archen.
To traverse the Ancient Castle, you need to hop in quicksand pits to access lower levels. There are many trainers here, as well as Pokemon like Meguroc and Deathmas.
To reach the Ancient Castle you need to pass through the Resort Desert. It has pits of sand that are difficult to move through, much like the bogs that were present in Diamond and Pearl. Cheren is waiting for you at the entrance to the castle. He says that Adeku is already inside, and the two of you should follow.
We need to catch Zekrom now, since it's the only Pokemon that can stop Reshiram and defeat N! Cherem leaves with Adeku, while you head to the Ancient Castle on Route 4 at Belle's suggestion.

Thanks (dankjewel) , I was stuck for several minutes ;P, I knew I had to chase down N, but I didn't know where he was....

D*N
19th September 2010, 8:00 PM
For people searching Tm's and Hm's there on the main site now!

Pepsi_Plunge
19th September 2010, 8:01 PM
Can "Notchie" Aka Spiky Ear Pichu go to Isshu?

Nope, yes he became oficially useless, you cant even keep him in your colection anymore :(.

Lorde
19th September 2010, 8:04 PM
Where do I obtain the C-Gear? I heard it's obtained by Makomo but where is she?

D*N
19th September 2010, 8:06 PM

After the gym, you get cut, then go to the dreams area thing.
Fight TP then go to her home.

StrongBad456
19th September 2010, 8:08 PM

You get the C-gear after you beat the first gym.

D*N
19th September 2010, 8:08 PM
Ě think I have also some question's about locations of pokemon:
- Anyone who encounterd the pre-evo from wargle?
With route? were exacly? And it isn't version exclusive?

helping a lot of people, but still waiting for my own questions to be answered.:D

Lorde
19th September 2010, 8:09 PM
After the gym, you get cut, then go to the dreams area thing.
Fight TP then go to her home.

Ok I've fought Team Plasma and done that but where exactly is her home? Back in the first town where you start the game or where exactly? :p

Dragotar911
19th September 2010, 8:10 PM

Before the 6th gym, when you have to go this cemetary tower to get the gym leader.

Ok I've fought Team Plasma and done that but where exactly is her home? Back in the first town where you start the game or where exactly? :p

The town where the first gym is. It's a building to the right I think, the top floor.

I heard there is a Vs. Seeker in this game. If so, at what point do you get it?

PLEASE?!

LightLag
19th September 2010, 8:13 PM
I ran into Wargle's pre-evo outside the city with the 8th gym.

Uh, this will probably be harder- Serebii listed P2 Lab as a TM location. Any idea on what P2 lab is?

D*N
19th September 2010, 8:14 PM

sanyou city....... ( forget what I said before :D)

Tyranitar trainer
19th September 2010, 8:27 PM
Where do you find Bachuru?

Floatie Rock cave

giant
19th September 2010, 8:29 PM
[QUOTE=Dragotar911;11636643]
And also inform me on the translations of what the wifi receptionist says so I can pick the right options?

Do you mean the Wi-fi Club in the Pokemon Center 2nd floor? You can't enter there until you have at least 1 friend code from someone.

The options given in the Wi-fi Club when you go in is this:
1) Voice Chat
2) Live-Caster
3) Battle:
a) Type of Battle: (Single, Double, Triple, Rotation Battle)
b) Battle Rule: (Anything Goes (I think that's what it's called), Flat Battle)
c) Miracle Shooter (On or off) I think...
d) Confirm
e) Rules
f) Cancel
4) Trade
5) Cancel

StrongBad456: Thanks. It does seem reasonable why it won't work.

Leyniar
19th September 2010, 8:34 PM
Hey, does anyone know where Furiijio is found? It's the strange round Ice Pokemon, in the Pokedex he is after the polar bears.

Thanks Beforehand!

Lorde
19th September 2010, 8:34 PM
Thanks for the quick help! I have another question though, this time in regards to an item. I heard that the VS Seeker is found in Black and White too. If this is true, where might we get this item in the games?

Grei
19th September 2010, 8:36 PM
I'm confused about the Dream World now...

You can transfer any Pokemon from the Dream World to BW pre-National Dex, right? Like, you could get a Turtwig or an Aerodactyl or a Miltank in Black and White through the Dream World before you get the National Dex, correct?

There seems to be a lot of confusion on this, and now I'm not so sure of it.

Was this ignored because nobody knew the answer, or...?

If we just don't know yet, then that's fine. I just want to be able to get Dream World Pokemon on my team for my run-through. ;_;

EverChanger
19th September 2010, 9:03 PM
OK, I think I have made a discovery. I have been playing the [censored] of Black while waiting for my actual copy to arrive in the mail. I haven't been poisoned while walking. At all. Anywhere. I may be experiencing some glitch, or maybe not, so can someone confirm this?

Grei
19th September 2010, 9:10 PM
OK, I think I have made a discovery. I have been playing the [censored] of Black while waiting for my actual copy to arrive in the mail. I haven't been poisoned while walking. At all. Anywhere. I may be experiencing some glitch, or maybe not, so can someone confirm this?

Nope, it's new this Gen--you don't take Poison damage while you're walking anymore, only in-battle.

Was this ignored because nobody knew the answer, or...?

If we just don't know yet, then that's fine. I just want to be able to get Dream World Pokemon on my team for my run-through. ;_;

Dragotar911
19th September 2010, 9:13 PM
Grei, I don't think any of us really know, but I'm 95% sure that you can't bring in anything that isn't an Isshu pokemon pre-national.

Lorde
19th September 2010, 9:14 PM
Nope, it's new this Gen--you don't take Poison damage while you're walking anymore, only in-battle.

Huh. So then does the Poisoned condition wear-off after the battle then, if we no longer suffer damage while walking? Or does it remain and only affect the Pokemon when it enters into another battle?

EverChanger
19th September 2010, 9:22 PM
Huh. So then does the Poisoned condition wear-off after the battle then, if we no longer suffer damage while walking? Or does it remain and only affect the Pokemon when it enters into another battle?

It remains, it just does nothing until the next battle.

Dragotar911
19th September 2010, 9:23 PM

It doesn't wear off. It carries on into the next battle.

AND IS THERE A VS. SEEKER?!?!

hiou2
19th September 2010, 9:32 PM
I was just wondering if you can change seasons through time travelling on the DS's clock? if so, has anyone found out what differences it pokemon appearance rates exist in the different seasons?

Also, where do you get the Goth pokemon's baby-form?

natie
19th September 2010, 9:44 PM
I was just wondering if you can change seasons through time travelling on the DS's clock?Not possible AFAIK.

Dragotar911
19th September 2010, 9:44 PM
I was just wondering if you can change seasons through time travelling on the DS's clock? if so, has anyone found out what differences it pokemon appearance rates exist in the different seasons?

Also, where do you get the Goth pokemon's baby-form?

Goth pokemon baby form I think is found west of the city of the 4th gym. You can't manipulate the calender for seasons. You have to wait.

Lorde
19th September 2010, 9:49 PM
Huh. I just got to the Day Care Center on Route 3 I believe, but the Day Care woman will only accept one Pokemon. Does she accept two later on, after we've defeated the Elite Four or something? Because I'd hate for breeding to disappear.

Also, how early on in the games can we expect to find an elemental stone to evolve our monkeys?

natie
19th September 2010, 9:53 PM
You'll get some elemental stones quite early on in the game (can't remember when exactly though).

I don't know about the Day Care lady either.

Grei
19th September 2010, 9:57 PM
Not possible AFAIK.

We saw a screenshot of someone talking around during the summer, though. At least, I thought we did.

I'm pretty sure there is a way to toggle the seasons, it's just that Serebii hasn't yet.

D*N
19th September 2010, 9:58 PM
Goth pokemon baby form I think is found west of the city of the 4th gym. You can't manipulate the calender for seasons. You have to wait.
There was someone who did it, But can't remember how at the moment.

Huh. I just got to the Day Care Center on Route 3 I believe, but the Day Care woman will only accept one Pokemon. Does she accept two later on, after we've defeated the Elite Four or something? Because I'd hate for breeding to disappear.

Also, how early on in the games can we expect to find an elemental stone to evolve our monkeys?

Hiun city dock.

Bucephalus
19th September 2010, 10:08 PM
How do you get the Bicycle and Vs. Seeker?

D*N
19th September 2010, 10:10 PM

Bicycle = going to 4th gym town, beat team plasma-> save biker man and get the bike from him.

Vs. seeker is questioned much, but nobody knows at the moment.

natie
Some guys give them to you (the VS Seeker early on, the Bike in the 4th Gym's city).

Tyranitar trainer

Bicycle is in Raimon City (The one with ferris wheel). Dunno about the V.S seeker, sorry

sam_h12
19th September 2010, 10:14 PM

a guy with a koromori avatar did it. he changed the date and time so it was 23:59 on the last day of the month and then walked in a building and walked out and apparently it changed...? (at 00:00 though i guess)

D*N
19th September 2010, 10:15 PM
Some guys give them to you (the VS Seeker early on, the Bike in the 4th Gym's city).

don't think this is accurate....
I'm sure it's the 4th gym's city.

I see you already fixed it:D.

Lorde
19th September 2010, 10:38 PM
Ok looks like I gotta wait until Hiun City to evolve my Baoppu then.

I have an important question in regards to the Zorua/Celebi event. I've read the stuff on the main site but as always, it makes little sense to me. My main question in regards to the event is; could we just transfer the Celebi via the PokeShifter and still have the event activated? Or is it exclusive to the Transfer Machine?

Dragotar911
19th September 2010, 10:40 PM
don't think this is accurate....
I'm sure it's the 4th gym's city.

I see you already fixed it:D.

Nope. That's the VS RECORDER, which records battles.

We want to know about the Vs. SEEKER, for rematches and training.

venra77
19th September 2010, 10:40 PM
Can you get all three of the monkeys or just the ones weak to your stater

Dragotar911
19th September 2010, 10:45 PM
Can you get all three of the monkeys or just the ones weak to your stater

In the forest west of Shippou City (the one with Aloe/2nd gym), you may see some shaky grass. There's a chance that the pokemon encountered will be a monkey.

I know from personal experience, I got Baoappu. When I went to the forest I ran into some shaking grass, and Hiyappu was there.

alteredegoX
19th September 2010, 10:45 PM
can somebody please show me a pic of the Transfer option on the main menu? I want to transfer my Celebi and event Raikou over, but can't tell which icon on the main menu I need to choose.

shadow wolf
19th September 2010, 10:46 PM
Only the one weak to your starter unfortunately.

D*N
19th September 2010, 10:48 PM
Nope. That's the VS RECORDER, which records battles.

We want to know about the Vs. SEEKER, for rematches and training.
i didn't say something about that, guess you quoted the wrong person.

In the forest west of Shippou City (the one with Aloe/2nd gym), you may see some shaky grass. There's a chance that the pokemon encountered will be a monkey.

I know from personal experience, I got Baoappu. When I went to the forest I ran into some shaking grass, and Hiyappu was there.

That's a great discovery!

Espeon POWER!
19th September 2010, 10:48 PM
EDIT:

Here Pamizard

Don't worry about it, the next one is fly and you should have it given to you soon by Belle after a rival battle when leaving the city to the left exit.
No it's not, you can get strength in the 4th gym town, a man gives it you in one of the houses.

Shiny Espeon0429
19th September 2010, 10:49 PM
2 Questions:

1. Does anyone know if Zorua is avaliable without the movie related pokemon? IE, in game?
2. Does anyone know when Nintendo will allow 5th gen images to be shown on the site? People keep mentioning pokemon and I can't see who they are talking about because no images are up on the site...

Yuko
Does anyone know where the Sun Stone item is found in B/W?

D*N
No it's not, you can get strength in the 4th gym town, a man gives it you in one of the houses.

don't worry, that post was before serebii updated the site.
Everything is now on the main site, so no more questions about that:D.

D*N
19th September 2010, 10:50 PM
2 Questions:

1. Does anyone know if Zorua is avaliable without the movie related pokemon? IE, in game?
2. Does anyone know when Nintendo will allow 5th gen images to be shown on the site? People keep mentioning pokemon and I can't see who they are talking about because no images are up on the site...

1. Zorua= event only
2. No not known

Dragotar911
19th September 2010, 10:51 PM
i didn't say something about that, guess you quoted the wrong person.

That's a great discovery!

I thought you were talking about the Vs. Seeker. NVM

And yes, I was surprised! It's always the shaky grass that has the rare pokemon, but I didn't expect to see water monkey there.

EDIT:

I also want to point out that blue beetle bug and knight armor clam bug are not exclusives. They can both be found in either game. Same with ghost golem and dark/steel ranger.

Pokeaholic
19th September 2010, 11:10 PM
I have 2 Questions :
1 .can you walk with your pokemon like back in HG/SS ?
2. Is There is a V.S Seeker ?

Missingno. Master
19th September 2010, 11:14 PM
I have 2 Questions :
1 .can you walk with your pokemon like back in HG/SS ?
2. Is There is a V.S Seeker ?

1: Unfortunately, no.

2: People are saying so, but nobody seems to know how to get it.

Rainbowdashtheawesome
19th September 2010, 11:15 PM
If I received an event Celebi and/or one or more of the event beasts (one which had not yet been used to activate the events) in a trade, would they be able to activate the event(s) in the American games when they come out? I know they will be available in events in America (either in-person or over WiFi) by the time the games come out, but I wish I could get my hands on one as soon as possible. Would such a thing work, or would I need an English version of the event Pokemon to unlock the events in the American games?

Pokeaholic
19th September 2010, 11:18 PM
1: Unfortunately, no.

2: People are saying so, but nobody seems to know how to get it.

Thank you so much .

Thexwoed
19th September 2010, 11:26 PM
does anyone know where in the game wargle's pre-evo is found?

Tyranitar trainer
19th September 2010, 11:29 PM
does anyone know where in the game wargle's pre-evo is found?

I believe it's on the route to the route the the 8th gym city

Odori
19th September 2010, 11:32 PM
How/where/when can I get one of the fossil pokemon? :)

Padfootismine
19th September 2010, 11:39 PM
I asked this before, but that was pages ago. xD

Where can you find a Sun Stone to evolve Churine or Monmen?

Dragotar911
20th September 2010, 12:00 AM
I asked this before, but that was pages ago. xD

Where can you find a Sun Stone to evolve Churine or Monmen?

We don't exactly know, so forgive us if we're not responding. The best bet is to fully explore cities and areas, talk to every NPC and ESPECIALLY use the dowsing machine (the item detector).

How/where/when can I get one of the fossil pokemon? :)

The earliest is before the 4th gym. When exiting the desert above Hiun, take the left exit towards a castle, rather than the right exit towards the city with the 4th gym. Go across the sandstorming desert north. Inside the ruins with the blue statues (actually Hihidaruma daruma mode), take a left, but walk one step at a time to avoid falling into the sandpits. There's a girl with a backpack who will give you an option to pick a fossil.

The first option is the turtle.
The second in the archeopteryx.

Then take the fossils back to Shippou city (2nd gym), go to the museum, and talk to the receptionist on the right, and then she'll revive it.

the green gardian
20th September 2010, 12:19 AM
A girl has just vanished on the new cycling road Am i supposed to do anything? D:

Teebird
20th September 2010, 12:35 AM
Can someone tell me where to go in Hiun City? I just saw Cheren and the Gym Leader leave somewhere, then I tried going through the desert but a guy always stops me. I'd appreciate any help. :)

Dragotar911
20th September 2010, 12:39 AM
Can someone tell me where to go in Hiun City? I just saw Cheren and the Gym Leader leave somewhere, then I tried going through the desert but a guy always stops me. I'd appreciate any help. :)

Likely, they're on one of the docks.

My question, where and when do you get a lucky egg?

alteredegoX
20th September 2010, 12:41 AM

they're on the furthest to the left pier if you go down, I beleive, I know it's one of them anyway

Thexwoed
20th September 2010, 1:06 AM
Where do you find Otamaru? (tadpole thing)

Dragotar911
20th September 2010, 1:50 AM
Where do you find Otamaru? (tadpole thing)

Otamaru can be found on the route south west of shippou city, right before the forest, in the grass.

Jirachi Kidd
20th September 2010, 1:53 AM
Where can i catch Komatana, Zuruggu, Gochimu, or Kurimugan?

Lorde
20th September 2010, 1:53 AM
Otamaru can be found on the route south west of shippou city, right before the forest, in the grass.

Well I have a question that relates to this too. According to the Isshu Dex, Hiyappu, Baoppu, and Yanappu are also found in that general area but I haven't found any yet. Are they just very rare or do I have to do something extra to find them?

StrongBad456
20th September 2010, 2:01 AM
Well I have a question that relates to this too. According to the Isshu Dex, Hiyappu, Baoppu, and Yanappu are also found in that general area but I haven't found any yet. Are they just very rare or do I have to do something extra to find them?

From what I've read on Gamefaqs, when you see a piece of grass shaking there, there's a small chance you'll encounter one of the monkeys. They're rare though.

Lorde
20th September 2010, 2:13 AM
From what I've read on Gamefaqs, when you see a piece of grass shaking there, there's a small chance you'll encounter one of the monkeys. They're rare though.

Is that what the shaking grass patch means in Black and White then? Rare Pokemon? Because I've come across these patches of grass three times so far and I've only found one type of Pokemon; Tabunne. In one case, I found one of these patches in the same route that the monkeys are in and it was a Tabunne again. I guess it means that the monkeys are going to be super hard to get then, since there are other rare Pokemon there. Thanks anyway :]

MrKip
20th September 2010, 2:23 AM
Hey i was just wondering where to get all the pokemon i am about to list and if any are exclusive to one game
#529-530 Moguryuu/Doryuzuu - The mole dude(s)
#564-565 Purotooga/Abagoora - Turtle thing(s)
#577-578-579 Yuniran/Daburan/Rankurusu Green Jello
#595-596 Bachuru/Denchura - Spider Guy(s)
#613-614 Kumashun/Tsunbeaa - Polar bear(s)
#619-620 Kojofuu/Kojondo Epic fighting Pokemon

Also is any one els having problems being able to see the pictures of the 5th gen pokemon on serebii
If you haveanswers to anything on here some how contact me MSN Kipp_link@hotmail.com or e-mail the same hotmail or Kipp Link is my gamer tag

Jirachi Kidd
20th September 2010, 2:28 AM
Also is any one els having problems being able to see the pictures of the 5th gen pokemon on serebii
If you haveanswers to anything on here some how contact me MSN Kipp_link@hotmail.com or e-mail the same hotmail or Kipp Link is my gamer tag

You can't see them because Serebii and other Pokemon fan sites had to take down there 5th generation stuff because Nintendo "said" so...

Mr. Joker
20th September 2010, 2:28 AM
Quick Question- A number of my friends have preordered BW, and they don't have Japanese DS', will BW work on an American DS?

Jirachi Kidd
20th September 2010, 2:29 AM
Quick Question- A number of my friends have preordered BW, and they don't have Japanese DS', will BW work on an American DS?

It will only work with the Nintendo DS and DS Lite. It won't work with the DSI/DSI XL.

Mr. Joker
20th September 2010, 2:31 AM
It will only work with the Nintendo DS and DS Lite. It won't work with the DSI/DSI XL.

That explains it. Thank you~

Jirachi Kidd
20th September 2010, 2:33 AM
That explains it. Thank you~

Your Welcome :)
Still waiting for somone to answer my question...

lilboiibubblez
20th September 2010, 2:38 AM
Is there a way to know what season you're in?

Lorde
20th September 2010, 2:41 AM
Is there a way to know what season you're in?

Everytime you start the game, it tells you what season you're in, in both Japanese and English on the screen.

Exorc
20th September 2010, 2:52 AM
May someone please explain what all is known about the underwater cuneiform symbols?

lilboiibubblez
20th September 2010, 2:53 AM
Everytime you start the game, it tells you what season you're in, in both Japanese and English on the screen.

Ahh, I see. Thankyou very much.

SamGoldfield
20th September 2010, 2:55 AM
How do I get Kyerumu? I'm in the Great Hall, but the path to it is blocked off. It's currently Spring in-game, and I have everything except Zekrom and the event legends.

Also, Serebii or whoever it may concern, LVL. 70 Bug/Fire comes holding a Sun Stone.

Sailor Saturn
20th September 2010, 3:04 AM
If I received an event Celebi and/or one or more of the event beasts (one which had not yet been used to activate the events) in a trade, would they be able to activate the event(s) in the American games when they come out? I know they will be available in events in America (either in-person or over WiFi) by the time the games come out, but I wish I could get my hands on one as soon as possible. Would such a thing work, or would I need an English version of the event Pokemon to unlock the events in the American games?

I think it's possible. My Japanese Event Celebi unlocked the time travel event on my American Heart Gold, and my Japanese Groudon along with my American Kyoger unlocked the Jade Orb and Rayquaza.

Grei
20th September 2010, 3:07 AM

Doesn't every game start in Spring anyway? Or is it random?

*crosses fingers for randomized seasons*

Lorde
20th September 2010, 3:10 AM
Doesn't every game start in Spring anyway? Or is it random?

*crosses fingers for randomized seasons*

I can't confirm whether all games start in spring, but I thought the person was asking how to tell what the current season is in general and not just in the beginning of the games lol.

EDIT: And about the Celebi/Beasts question quoted above, yes, a Japanese version of the Pokemon should still work in an English Black or White game.

Dragotar911
20th September 2010, 3:16 AM
Where can i catch Komatana, Zuruggu, Gochimu, or Kurimugan?

Komatana is caught in the area left of the 8th gym city. Zuruggu is caught in rizodo desert above hiun. Gochimu is caught in the route left of the 4th gym city. Kurimugan - not sure yet. I'll get back to you on that.

Hey i was just wondering where to get all the pokemon i am about to list and if any are exclusive to one game
#529-530 Moguryuu/Doryuzuu - The mole dude(s)
#564-565 Purotooga/Abagoora - Turtle thing(s)
#577-578-579 Yuniran/Daburan/Rankurusu Green Jello
#595-596 Bachuru/Denchura - Spider Guy(s)
#613-614 Kumashun/Tsunbeaa - Polar bear(s)
#619-620 Kojofuu/Kojondo Epic fighting Pokemon

Moguryuu is found in various caves. Dust will pile up and you will hear digging sounds, and you approach that dust cloud, encountering moguryuu. Purotooga is a fossil, you can go back one page to hear me explain. Not sure about Yuniran, since I have black. Bachura is found in an electric cave before the 6th gym. Kumashun is found in the mining areas in a route after the 6th gym city. Kojofuu is found in the grass above the area of the 7th gym city.

hiou2
20th September 2010, 3:41 AM
whats the deal with the pokemon global link website? Its not loading to the actual page and instead it says something in japanese.
can someone translate?

Jirachi Kidd
20th September 2010, 3:43 AM
Komatana is caught in the area left of the 8th gym city. Zuruggu is caught in rizodo desert above hiun. Gochimu is caught in the route left of the 4th gym city. Kurimugan - not sure yet. I'll get back to you on that.

THANK YOU! im happy now :D

Draknir
20th September 2010, 3:57 AM
When you fight N after obtaining Reshiram/Zekrom, do you have to use them? Or can you opt not to?

Also, when do your Pokémon begin to level up(E.g when does the tutorial finish)?

Silver_Seoul
20th September 2010, 4:02 AM
When you fight N after obtaining Reshiram/Zekrom, do you have to use them? Or can you opt not to?

Also, when do your Pokémon begin to level up(E.g when does the tutorial finish)?

You don't have to use the dragon but I think it's automatically sent out no matter what position it's on in your team.

And actually, there is no "tutorial experience cap," that was a rom glitch. So if you use a rom then your Pokemon don't gain experience. But we're not allowed to discuss roms so...

angel4u185
20th September 2010, 4:03 AM
Entei- o.o As far as I know, there is no tutorial...you should level up as soon as you beat the first rival right after getting your starter.

Where do you find Kibango?

erekwashere15
20th September 2010, 4:05 AM
Any word on the Safari Zone?

Konaru
20th September 2010, 4:07 AM
Can someone tell me where to find a sunstone? Thanks

Silver_Seoul
20th September 2010, 4:09 AM
Can someone tell me where to find a sunstone? Thanks

As of yet no one knows, I believe only the Water, Fire and Leaf stones have been located.

ForeverFlame
20th September 2010, 4:11 AM

1. You are forced to use Reshiram/Zekrom, even if you didn't catch it.

2. Stop using a ROM.

Draknir
20th September 2010, 4:24 AM
2. Stop using a ROM.
I haven't even played it yet, and it wouldn't be a ROM when I do. I was merely asking because this:

You don't actually level up at the start of the game. Starter remains at Level 5 til the end of the tutorial bit

Lorde
20th September 2010, 4:29 AM
I haven't even played it yet, and it wouldn't be a ROM when I do. I was merely asking because this:

Yeah, there is no tutorial. Serebii was just having some issues with something else. I have the game so I can confirm that there aren't any pesky tutorials that restrict experience gain.

Dragotar911
20th September 2010, 4:45 AM
As of yet no one knows, I believe only the Water, Fire and Leaf stones have been located.

I happen to have a sunstone. :/ Forgot where I found it though. But there is one, I can assure you.

Any word on the Safari Zone?

Not yet. I don't think there is one.

Entei- o.o As far as I know, there is no tutorial...you should level up as soon as you beat the first rival right after getting your starter.

Where do you find Kibango?

Kibago is found in a dark cave reachable by surf on route 6. After the 5th gym. It's not that rare so it should be easy to find.

o_0
20th September 2010, 4:49 AM
I'm just wondering where Darumakka and Koaruhii are? Thanks :)

anotherpromise
20th September 2010, 4:52 AM
Regarding Abagoora, does he come from a fossil? Or can you catch him or his Prevo?

Also, where are Emonga, Kojofuu and Kibago caught and when?

And Choroneko is caught early on, correct?

Politoed trainer
20th September 2010, 4:55 AM
Where do you find the electric lamprey? Before which gym?

Dragotar911
20th September 2010, 4:57 AM
I'm just wondering where Darumakka and Koaruhii are? Thanks :)

Darumakka is located in the desert above hiun. Koaruhii is found on the bridge to the left of the 4th gym city (with the ferris wheel). You will see shadows on the bridge, and hear feather sounds. Approach the shadow to encounter it.

Regarding Abagoora, does he come from a fossil? Or can you catch him or his Prevo?

Also, where are Emonga, Kojofuu and Kibago caught and when?

And Choroneko is caught early on, correct?

Choroneko can be caught on route 2, yes. I just sent you a PM from when you posted in the discussion thread and provided the other locations.

Rainbowdashtheawesome
20th September 2010, 5:04 AM
Is that what the shaking grass patch means in Black and White then? Rare Pokemon? Because I've come across these patches of grass three times so far and I've only found one type of Pokemon; Tabunne. In one case, I found one of these patches in the same route that the monkeys are in and it was a Tabunne again. I guess it means that the monkeys are going to be super hard to get then, since there are other rare Pokemon there. Thanks anyway :]

REALLY?!?
Serebii said that Tabunne was "very very rare," and yet you've already found FOUR of them?!? Either you are unbelievably lucky or Serebii was exaggerating (or Serebii is very unlucky).
I hope it's the first one; that would be a great relief for me.

urugamosu57
20th September 2010, 5:04 AM
where do u find shibishirasu the pre-evo of the electric eel pokemon, also where do you find meguroko the ground/dark crocodile, and does anyone know if you can get the fire/bug type meraruba, the one you get as an egg, before you fight the elite four.

Kh2playa
20th September 2010, 5:31 AM
I need to evolve Gantoru, but I have to trade can someone help me with that?

LexSuicune
20th September 2010, 5:33 AM
I would guess Tabunne is as rare as Chansey was in R/B/Y

hatsune
20th September 2010, 5:33 AM
does anyone know where to find a dusk stone?

Izak
20th September 2010, 5:38 AM
I have been looking for acekard 2i file cheats that I can just put in my directory that would give me the following cheats for:

File name: Pokemon White.nds

Pokemon Modifier
Inf Rare candies
Zorua/Zoroark events

I've been looking for hours for a simple file that I can download that I could just paste into the cheats directory, and have them work, but so far, no such luck. I came to serebii, since I know that if It's pokemon related, and you wanna know, you gotta go to serebii. If someone can help, thank you!

Izak
20th September 2010, 5:40 AM
On your way to victory road, I think it's route 10, there is a guy hiding behind some trees. Talk to him, and he will give you a dusk stone. I'm guessing you want to evolve your lanpura into a shandera, right?

Dragotar911
20th September 2010, 5:45 AM
where do u find shibishirasu the pre-evo of the electric eel pokemon, also where do you find meguroko the ground/dark crocodile, and does anyone know if you can get the fire/bug type meraruba, the one you get as an egg, before you fight the elite four.

You find it in the electric cave before the 6th gym. It's rare though.

I would guess Tabunne is as rare as Chansey was in R/B/Y

Tabunne is actually much easier to find. Shaky grass is something you see every once in a while, and unlike chansey, tabunne is pretty much found on every route.

BladedInferno
what location do you get the electric spider?
Im also guessing 5th gen pokemon cant go to hg/ss/DPPLT right?

willyboy07
whats the deal with the pokemon global link website? Its not loading to the actual page and instead it says something in japanese.
can someone translate?

they took it down for awhile to upgrade it cause of high traffic issues

hatsune
20th September 2010, 5:46 AM

in the cave after route 6

ArchangelUnmei
20th September 2010, 5:47 AM
Does anyone know yet if IVs and EVs work the same as in previous gens, or have they changed them significantly?

donovantxeevee
Is there a level 50 Flat rule on random battles?

HaruLatz
I'll be getting my Pokémon Black tomorrow, and I was wondering if anyone knew if Wargle is in Black or White? I'd like to know beforehand because if it's in White only, I'll have to get a different flying Pokémon.

Also, one more thing I'd like to know ahead of time: where do you revive fossils in this game? I'd rather not be wandering around aimlessly for a while when I get those fossils.

Dragotar911
20th September 2010, 5:48 AM

Electric cave before 6th gym city. Quite common.

I have been looking for acekard 2i file cheats that I can just put in my directory that would give me the following cheats for:

File name: Pokemon White.nds

Pokemon Modifier
Inf Rare candies
Zorua/Zoroark events

I've been looking for hours for a simple file that I can download that I could just paste into the cheats directory, and have them work, but so far, no such luck. I came to serebii, since I know that if It's pokemon related, and you wanna know, you gotta go to serebii. If someone can help, thank you!

We're not supposed to discuss ROMs.

@Harulatz
Wargle is Pokemon Black.

urugamosu57
20th September 2010, 5:50 AM
Dragotar911

do you mean shibishirasu or meguroko

Dragotar911
20th September 2010, 5:51 AM
You find it in the electric cave before the 6th gym. It's rare though.

do you mean shibishirasu or meguroko

Shibishirasu. Meguroko is very commonly found in the dessert about Hiun.

urugamosu57
20th September 2010, 6:11 AM
does anyone know if you can get the fire/bug type meraruba, the one you get as an egg, before you fight the elite four.

KajiXScarlet
20th September 2010, 6:31 AM
Besides my Gardevoir, Can I find my team in both Black and White??
http://i1181.photobucket.com/albums/x432/KajiXScarlet/Pokemon/isshuuu.png

Plus, does anyone know the Pokemon Version Exclusives. It will help me decide what Version to get. Thank You <3

BladedInferno
20th September 2010, 6:45 AM
is genosect an event pokemon?

Dragotar911
20th September 2010, 6:46 AM
Besides my Gardevoir, Can I find my team in both Black and White??
http://i1181.photobucket.com/albums/x432/KajiXScarlet/Pokemon/isshuuu.png

Plus, does anyone know the Pokemon Version Exclusives. It will help me decide what Version to get. Thank You <3

So far, version exclusives include vulture and wargle, gothiselle and ranculus, zekrom and reshiram, monmen and churine.

They can all be found in both. Gigaiasu needs to trade to be evolved though, just saying.

@bladedinferno: yes.

KajiXScarlet
20th September 2010, 7:00 AM
ohhhhhhh shoot, well thats alright lol. Thanks Alots <33

realarcastform
20th September 2010, 7:20 AM
I'll be getting my Pokémon Black tomorrow, and I was wondering if anyone knew if Wargle is in Black or White? I'd like to know beforehand because if it's in White only, I'll have to get a different flying Pokémon.

Also, one more thing I'd like to know ahead of time: where do you revive fossils in this game? I'd rather not be wandering around aimlessly for a while when I get those fossils.

Same place where fought Aloe.
Where did you find the fossil?
Being without a guide bites.

realarcastform
20th September 2010, 7:26 AM
does anyone know if you can get the fire/bug type meraruba, the one you get as an egg, before you fight the elite four.

Route 18 it's a gift.

LexSuicune
20th September 2010, 7:35 AM
Route 18 it's a gift.

Before the E4 as an egg? SWEET

BladedInferno
20th September 2010, 8:01 AM
can I nickname a pokemon with 10 letter's in it?

catgowoof
20th September 2010, 8:07 AM
can I nickname a pokemon with 10 letter's in it?

If you mean in English, the maximum is 5 letters.

BladedInferno
20th September 2010, 8:10 AM
If you mean in English, the maximum is 5 letters.
there goes my chances naming zerkrom its name *sighs*. thank you for the respond though

Lishus13
20th September 2010, 8:10 AM
It says I can find the little fuchsia centipede on the Route to the left of Aloe's town, but I have not run in to it. Are there any special things (i.e. only at Night, only in Summer, etc) that I need to fulfill to find it?

Leyniar
20th September 2010, 8:21 AM
Hey, does anyone know where Furiijio is found? It's the strange round Ice Pokemon, in the Pokedex he is after the polar bears.

Thanks Beforehand!

Does anyone know the asnwer to this? Please let me know.

D*N
20th September 2010, 9:17 AM
So far, version exclusives include vulture and wargle, gothiselle and ranculus, zekrom and reshiram, monmen and churine.

They can all be found in both. Gigaiasu needs to trade to be evolved though, just saying.

@bladedinferno: yes.
Version exclusives are not confirmed yet.
Wargle is seen in both versions.
And churine and monmen are avaible as in game trade.

Same place where fought Aloe.
Where did you find the fossil?
Being without a guide bites.

First look one page before your pos( maybe two) there have been people asking the same thing, and the answer is there also tree times.
In the dessert as gift when team plasma tries to steal it.

D*N
20th September 2010, 9:20 AM
It says I can find the little fuchsia centipede on the Route to the left of Aloe's town, but I have not run in to it. Are there any special things (i.e. only at Night, only in Summer, etc) that I need to fulfill to find it?
I've heard that in one version the centipede is more common found than kurumiri and vice versa.
So I gues you find a lot of kurimiru's?
Then it's not really common but keep searching!

Does anyone know the asnwer to this? Please let me know.

If your searching your best bet would be the freezer containers or around the 7th gym city ( since that one is ice).
Try it out!

BladedInferno
20th September 2010, 9:34 AM
Version exclusives are not confirmed yet.
Wargle is seen in both versions.
And churine and monmen are avaible as in game trade.

im actually confuse now. who said wargle is exclusive to black?

Dragonfirenightmare
20th September 2010, 10:31 AM
For the life of me I can't get to Ice Dragon, I get to the forest part and its a dead end. Anyone got an answer?