PDA

View Full Version : What is/will be your team?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

bobandbill
19th September 2010, 11:26 AM
Post your future plans/current team here!

Please try and make it more than a simple 'oh it's a, b, c, d, e and f =D' post here - explaining why you choose certain Pokemon makes for interesting discussion, and you look cooler for doing just so as well!

You can also discuss other people's teams - but if you want help, please use the 5th gen Ingame RMT forum section (http://www.serebiiforums.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=30&f=212).

bippacooleth
19th September 2010, 11:36 AM
Daikenki - I always start with the water starter, and it looks amazing anyway :D
Probably one of the fossils, they're both just too cool ^^ most likely Aakeosu because I already have water covered, and it can (hopefully) fly
Mebukijka - literally probably one of my favourite pokemon ever. So awesome
Shanderaa - again such an epic pokemon, although if I could, I would leave it as the first evo, but I never don't fully evolve my team.
Electric is impossible - Denchura, Shibirudon or Zeburaika? I normally go for dual types if I can, but right now, I'm thinking Zeburaika as Shimima was the first pre release pokemon I liked on first seeing it.
Last space if completely open. I'm considering the three headed hydra, or the Dark/Fighting, but I could literally use any of them (minus the ice cream - hate, hate, hate)

EDIT: Dammit, I was going to use Leperasudu as well... so difficult D: I might just play through the game, and see where it takes me

Tyranitar trainer
19th September 2010, 11:37 AM
My team for Pokemon Black will be:
Emboaa - I love the design on this guy, best out of all the starter lines
Yannaki - How can you not love Elvis Monkey. Early on and good coverage
Zebraika - So much awesome. Brilliant design and good stats
Warubiaru - Why is it red? Still awesome though with good coverage and stats
HM Slave 1

Ash-kid
19th September 2010, 11:37 AM
My team:
Jaroda, Zeburaika, Gigaiasu, Gamageroge, Barujiina, Kuitaran.

I'll have a good types in my team, I think that with this team I can finally beat the Elite4 in the first time.

Pink Lapras
19th September 2010, 11:39 AM
My planned team:

Jaroda (quite speedy and might become my all-time fave pokemon, looks cool too)
Ononokusu (a dragon that can rival Giratina, Rayquaza, Reshiram and Zekrom? Sweet!)
Reshiram (a Dragon/Fire type, and overall looks much cooler than Zekrom)
Wargle (atm, just like the look of it)
Birijion (looks like a bulky Skymin, and looks cool overall)
Mamanbou (STILL holding on to the little hope I have left that it's a Luvdisc evo...)

~Dragon_Master~
19th September 2010, 11:42 AM
Mamanbou (STILL holding on to the little hope I have left that it's a Luvdisc evo...)

It's not a Luvdisc evolution; it has been said many times. You're just setting yourself up for a fall.

poke-lord
19th September 2010, 11:45 AM
the only ones i've chosen are

emboar-porkabu i have chosen this beast because I usually choose the fire starter and he gets undeserved hate

yanakki-bush head This guy is becaues I'm gonna get it for free so whynot

rankurusu-anoema I just love the blobby guy

unsure onthe rest and i'll just catch eveerything i see

Pink Lapras
19th September 2010, 11:47 AM
Well, good thing I have a back-up then.

Zebruaika, for the same reasons as Wargle. Or I could leave that slot open...

D*N
19th September 2010, 11:50 AM
planned team:

Jaroda: Gras snake stater, best starter, looks better then other two, speedy tank.
Denchura: Favorite gen5 pokemon, nice type electric/bug
Burunkeru: Ghostjelly is to cool to pass, best water pokemon from gen5, surfer

Then it becomes tricky:
Kenhorou: flyer for beginnning of the story
Wargle: awesome, gues it's not avaible early so replacing kenhorou in second half.
Shanderaa: Great fire pokemon, woot what a special attack!
Musharna: first thought of rankurusu, but this thing outclassed rankurusu!
Kojondo: To cool fighting pokemon to pass, only good fight pokemon, only one I like.

So have one pokemon to much.
but think Kojondo isn't that early in story so no problem.

Gorgonopsid Master
19th September 2010, 11:54 AM
Heres my team and their type

Emboar Fire/Fighting
Abagoora Water/Rock
Warubiaru Ground/Dark
Ononokusu Dragon
Shubarugo Bug/Steel
Shibirudon Electric

How did I make my team?

Well first of I wanted a team which is mostly bipedal monsters, some that LOOK like they can take a hit and certainly dish out one. My main focus was on power and the looks of there back sprites (since thats what I would mostly see). I also wanted balanced typing so my team wasnt too weak and for this I have made a structure for when creating teams so I have lots of resistances and some immunity's, these are my core types that make up the bulkiness of my team.

Steel
Dragon
Flying

You may notice that I do not have a flying type pokemon in my team, the reason I just dont like any of the bird pokemon, in Isshu, that I can find early-mid game. So what I did was add a pokemon with levitate to even it out.

2. Why those pokemon?

Well first lets start with my starter I guess, I chose Emboar. I know most of you will be thinking WTF? OMG its a crappy pokemon. Now when I first saw Emboar I thought it looked so retarded and was definately not for me. However the more I see it the more it seems to grow on me and the more the other starters seem to become more ugly. It was the inspiration to my team, simply because I mean well just look at it and you will see the reason.

Now onto Abagoora, its a pokemon based on the prehistoric turtle Archelon. I don't think they good have made a better pokemon to represent such a beast. I mean look at it it just looks beastly, and is definately my favourite "dinosaur" pokemon and one of my favourite pokemon.

Warubiaru, well what can I say about it? I mean its a crocodile it should be powerful and is it? Yes. I also like how its quite speedy not so sure about its dark typing but im glad they gave it ground and not water, as ground is an all-round good type both offensively and defensively. It looks really awsome and probably the best looking pokemon on my team IMO.

A noew my dragon, Ononokusu. If I am being honest here when I first saw Ononokusu I wasn't very impressed and I would much rather have had the other dragon, Sazando, in my team howvere, Ononokusu follows my teams pattern, its ABSURDLY strong and has mold breaker and its dragon typing. This all leads to a very nice pokemon.

Now both Shubarugo and Shibirudon are just pokemon I needed to make up the difference really, with their useful typing and abilitys and they are both quite cool pokemon though I am unsure how and where to get them so I may have to find some other pokemon to use.

CaptainCombusken
19th September 2010, 11:55 AM
Finally! We needed one of these.

My Team for White:

Pokemon Number One:
Nickname: Otto (Sounds like Otter + I like the name)
Species: Daikenki
Type: Water
Moveset: Hydro Pump, Megahorn, Blizzard, Aqua Tail/Surf
HMs?: I May keep it, because it's exactly the same Power and a Water move. I will need Surf throughout my adventure, and Daikenki is perfect for it.

Pokemon Number Two:
Nickname: Chiro (Chiroptera, the scientific name for Bats)
Species: Kokoromori
Type: Psychic/Flying
Moveset: Psychic, Psycho Shock, Air Slash, Energy Ball.
HMs?: I will use Chiro as my Flying Poke until I finish the game. Then I will get rid of it for a slightly better move (psycho Shock) and give another Flying Pokemon I have Fly.

Pokemon Number three:
Nickname: Pillar (Pillar of Strength + What he's holding)
Species: Roopushin
Type: Fighting
Moveset: Focus Punch, Superpower, Stone Edge, Rock Slide/Strength
HMs?: Strength, at least for a little while, anyway. May keep it, may lose it.

Pokemon Number four:
Nickname: Alistair (Ali, from Alligator)
Species: Warubiaru
Type: Ground/Dark
Moveset: Outrage, Earthquake, Crunch, Dragon Claw
HMs?: No.

Pokemon Number five:
Nickname: Dolly
Species: Hihidaruma (Daruma Mode, I changed my mind)
Type: Fire
Moveset: Overheat, Focus Blast, Belly Drum, Flare Blitz
HMs?: Nope.

Pokemon Number six:
Nickname: Arachne/Sparky
Species: Denchura
Type: Electric/Bug
Gender: Female/Male (Whichever I catch first, I really don't mind)
Moveset: Thunder, Discharge, Bug Buzz, Signal beam
HMs?: None.

LugiaSoul
19th September 2010, 12:17 PM
My future Pokemon Black team is in my signature.....

Might add in Kibago's final evolution.....

TurtwigFan1
19th September 2010, 12:29 PM
My team so far is:

Jaroda - I always pick the Grass-type and Smugleaf is too cool not to pick.
Abagohra - I love the look of it, and it's not something I'd normally use.
Warubiaru - It's just so badass.
Chandelar - I really like the whole concept with this evo line, and Hitomoshi is the cutest thing ever!
Kenhorou/Wargle - I always pick the early flyer, and this one's a nice choice, but Wargle is pretty cool too.
Rankurusu?: I might use this, but the 6th slot is still pretty open.

Lee-san
19th September 2010, 12:30 PM
Right now:

Futajimaru
Boappu
Shimama

all Level 20.

neo_senku
19th September 2010, 12:36 PM
Once I get the game my in game team to beat the story will be as follows:

Jaroda: I'm going with it for my starter pkmn as when the images of the starters were released, I thought Tsutarja was the coolest one. Also I've always wanted a snake Pokemon to train as Arbok and Seviper don't do it for me and my Steelix is an odd substitution for that.

Warubiaru: Alligators/ crocodiles are some of my favorite pkmn, so there was no way i was passing this one up. I can't wait to use it and Feraligatr in a double battle, coolness for the win.

Abagoora: I needed a water pkmn for my team. If I could have had the water starter and the grass starter, the water one would be here. But I like turtles so this one is just as good

Aakeosu or Wargle: I need a flying pkmn for my team. At first i was completlyy decided on Wargle but after seeing Aakeosu I'm not so sure. Both are pretty cool, but Aakeosu is the more powerful of the two.

Ononokusu: Dragons are my favorite type, and I had decided on kibago as soon as i saw it, once i speculated then confirmed that kibago evolved into this one i was completly sold on it.

Denchura or Lepurasudu: This is my wildcard spot for this team. I'm not sure Which one i will choose. Lerpurasudu is a cat and i love cats, but i already have a dark pkmn on my team. Denchura looks cool, but both of these pokemon have impressed me with their stats.

diehatsu
19th September 2010, 12:54 PM
look to my sig...they are awsome

i never have resons for my teams i just use the ones i like (despite being ice weak for most of it)

harryheart
19th September 2010, 12:56 PM
Well this region has some Pokemon that I absoloutely adore and think that they definitely look like Pokemon and there's others I detest and hate and think are detremental to Pokemon's health! But I have chosen this team from the preliminaries of my favourites but there is a likelihood that it'll change!

Pokabu - I adore fire types and I sort of hate Tstujara's final evo and the same with Mijumaru
http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/498.png

Meguroku - Just a must have
http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/551.png

Shikijika - Same this is a must have
http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/585.png

Koaruhii - There are a lot of birds to choose this region and it was a hard choice but this one nips it
http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/580.png

Boappu - Again fire type and this is now one of my Top 10 favs of all time now! It just really fits with Pokemon
http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/513.png

Otamaru - Reminds me so much of Poliwag and that is one of my Top 10 favs of all time as well so nostalgia for the win!
http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/535.png

coolminun
19th September 2010, 12:59 PM
Futachimaru- Water starter with very good stats (really unsure about evolving him. I dislike daikenki's design)

Warubiaru-Pimping crocodile with earthquake spiral.

Shiburudon- Electric eel with levetate= awwesome and no weakness. Plus, because it's an eel it might be able to learn water attacks and ice beam.

still unsure about the rest.

Munchy
19th September 2010, 1:03 PM
I'm thinking this:

Pokabu->Chaobuu->Emboar
Mamepato->Hatoopoo->Kenhorou
Koromori->Kokoromori
Gochimu->Gochimiru->Gochiruzeru
Meguroko->Warubiru->Warubiaru
Mamanbou

Need to think about abilities and moves and such still, team could probably change after that.

macka
19th September 2010, 1:03 PM
This is hopefully going to be my team for Black Version. I'm unsure of exactly how far into the game you can catch Meguroko and get the fossil though, so I might have to replace those. Anyway:

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/nikohesus/Pokemon/500.png
I'm torn between Emboar and Jaroda as the best looking starter, but decided to go with Emboar for more type coverage. I'll save Jaroda for White :)
http://www.majhost.com/gallery/nikohesus/Pokemon/521.png http://www.majhost.com/gallery/nikohesus/Pokemon/628.png
The token flying type. I like Kenhorou, but I'll hopefully be replacing him with Wargle depending on how far into the game he can be caught.
http://www.majhost.com/gallery/nikohesus/Pokemon/523.png
Great stats, great looking and he can be caught early on.
http://www.majhost.com/gallery/nikohesus/Pokemon/553.png
I'm a little hesitant about this guy. I loved Meguroko and I like his first evolution even more...but I just can't get past Warubiaru's penis shaped nose. Hopefully it isn't as noticeable in motion.
http://www.majhost.com/gallery/nikohesus/Pokemon/565.png
What an amazing design. Easily my favourite Pokemon of the fifth generation. He's also got some great stats and an excellent ability. Fantastic.

As for the last slot, I'm not sure. I think I'll just wait until I get the game (waiting for the American release) and just choose something while I play.

murkrowrob
19th September 2010, 1:05 PM
My future Pokemon Black team is in my signature.....

Might add in Kibago's final evolution.....

Can I ask where/how you got them there? Serebii took down all his pics and I tried pxp and after a day they were replaced with his logo.

My current team:

Daikenki: My starter. My friends are getting a starter each and we said, as a rule our first battle MUSt have or starter in our team... Plus, I needed a water type.

Desukan: I loved him since I first saw him, plus a great defence. May very well just be a stat inflicter with shadow ball...

Shanderaa: My only late-ish game thing. He's cute and reminds me of Drifblim (one of my favourite things ever). Plus, great SpAtk.

Doryuuzu: Most recent addition, I really like Doryuuzu and have done for a while, I just thought Warubiaru would be better. I tried to get dewcent synergy on a team including this guy and desukan, so this is the result.

Warubiaru: I <3 Meguroko. Most things switch into him when they are in danger becaus eof good defensive typing against ghosts/dark types.

Aakeosu: Originally intended Wargle to be my flyer, but seeig as he's SO late in the pokedex, I thought I'd get this guy earlier. (Damn, I'm gonna spend ages in the desert....). Also, great attack and speed, and ironically the 2nd best spAtk on the team, even if he's not going to be used specially. I was also considering denchura, but this guy outclasses it in every single stat, so....

After E4, I will consider:
Goruggo (He's cool.)
Kirikizan (Like the typing)
Wargle (Wanted one anyway)
Denchura (if I can bother with his not-so-great stats.)
Shiburodon (No weaknesses = happy me)
Gigigear
Nattorei
Baibaniri (I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice-cream :P (that may even be my new sig with a pic of this thing))
Gigaiasu (I claimed it)
and.... Dasutodasu (My 2nd fave this gen.... which is weird.)

Torpoleon
19th September 2010, 1:06 PM
Here is my Planned Pokémon White Team:

Daikenki- I'll be choosing Mijumaru, obviously. Daikenki also looks really cool and is sure to be pretty strong.
Hihidaruma(Normal Form)- I'll be picking Hihidaruma's Normal Form because its ability, Encourage, let's be not have any stats lowered from attacks like Hammer Arm and Hihidaruma(Normal Form) is better physically. I might do Special Form, if it can have good Special Generation V Moves as well though.
Mebukijika- It will be cool to see the form changes and because it covers Grass.
Kenhorou- I always choose the Regional Bird and Kenhorou seems cool!
Zeburaika- I like this Pokémon and I tend to have Electric Types as well.

I'm stuck on choosing a sixth member. I do have until Spring 2011, but if you can think of a GOOD reason for a sixth Pokémon you think I can have, don't hesitate to PM/VM me.

*Jean Grey*
19th September 2010, 1:11 PM
This was actually surprisingly easy for me.

-Sazando
-Zoroark
-Warubiaru
-Chandelar
-Doryuzu
-Kirikizan or Ononokusu or Leopardas or Deathkan (Gawd, I still cannot decide between these 4 >.<)

Yeah, many nice ones I really like. I'm surprised with myself, although my blatant bias is still ever present...now if Milotic or Tyranitar were catchable post game, that would be another story...

Edem
19th September 2010, 1:14 PM
I will have 5 TM slaves and only one favourite Pokemon.

anotherpromise
19th September 2010, 1:18 PM
Jaroda - I'll be honest. I saw Tsutaja, and thought "Stoner snake! ^^" From that point on, I HAD to have him. Plus I always choose the Grass starter. ALWAYS.

Leperasudu - Pokemon's Cheshire Cat. Only reason I want it.

Abagoora - It's a freaking fossil turtle! Does he come from a fossil? Or can you catch him? Hmm...

Emonga - IT'S A FREAKING FLYING SQUIRREL. Yes.

Ononokusu - I saw Kibago and loved him. I love Dragons. All of my teams since Pokemon Blue have included a Dragon or two. Thus, Fangblade here is a must.

Kojondo - It's a monk! It's a squirrel! It's a ferret! I don't know WHAT it is but it's epic.

LightingKimba
19th September 2010, 1:36 PM
http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/593/teamofstuff.png

Bit of cross-posting from a different forum, but...

Zebraika: He's a coolbeans Electric Zebra that learns a pretty decent Electric move. I like the thing a lot, honestly.

Leopardasu: She's a pretty kitty, that also has the Dark typing. She's coolbeans-looking, as well.

Mebukijika: ... Normal/Grass is a good typing. Honestly, this came more between whether or not I liked Buffalon a lot more, or not. Sadly, Afro Break's a cooler Double Edge (EXTREMELY cooler), while Mebukijika DOES cover Grass attacks, so... Yeah, I went with the deer. It looks pretty coolbeans, I think.

Burunkeru: Also known as the awesome jellyfish king. I like it as a Water type, has a sweet mustache and everything. Even if it's a chick, she sports the Miss Pac-Man look rather well. Really, the jellyfish's just an awesome, royal line.

Shanderaa: It can 2HKO Blissey with ease. ... It's just so cool. Really, I might use Baoyappu somehow to fill in the gap before I could get this coolbeans inanimate object of mass destruction and burning.

Kenhorou: He sports a nice mask, and really... He's my excuse for having a bird. I do LIKE it, and I really do like the fact that it can have Super Luck. For once, there's a fast 'mon with that ability. ... I really find it coolbeans.

... And there you go, my planned-out Isshu team in a nutshell. Watch me change 4/6 of it when I actually play the game. XP

Walcott
19th September 2010, 1:38 PM
I'm very unsure yet. I'd like to try to get all the Pokémon for once this time around. But more specifically, I know I'm starting with Tsutarja, and will end up getting Sazando. I've loved Tsutarja ever since it was shown however long ago. I think it's evolutions are also really cool too. As for Sazando, I've drooled over that species since I saw it. I never like the pseudo-legends, but this one appeals to me.

There are so many right now that I would love to own, so I think I'm going to have to wait a until I start playing through my game to really decide any kind of team.

Jack5544-_
19th September 2010, 1:40 PM
Abagoora, Denchura, Gigaiasu, Ononokusu, Gochiruzeru, Jaroda(Smuglord FTW).
Zoroark, the r@m's(Kyuremu too) and the fighting dogs are subtitutes.

bleeding-chocobo
19th September 2010, 1:41 PM
Daikenki (Water) -My starter and I need a water type
Kojondo (Fighting) - My favorite fighting type of Isshu. :)
Zororak (Dark) OR Leperadsudu (Dark) - A toss-up here. I might not even use these two..but, I figure a Dark type would be handy, so I might use:

Warubiaru (Ground/Dark)

Ononokusu (Dragon) - Orignally, was going to use Sazando, but decided against it. I'll use this one instead. Plus, I like Kibago.
Denchura (Bug/Electric) - My electric and bug type right there. Plus, he looks cute. <3
Shanderra (Ghost/Fire) - Need a fire type, plus he's part ghost, so yes.

Jack5544-_
19th September 2010, 1:41 PM
Abagoora, Denchura, Gigaiasu, Ononokusu, Gochiruzeru, Jaroda(Smuglord FTW).
Zoroark, the r@m's(Kyuremu too) and the fighting dogs are subtitutes.
Edit: Whoops, sorry :D

~-Overheat-~
19th September 2010, 1:49 PM
I'll decide on my team after i get their movesets, learn about version exclusives etc. But i've made a list of possible candidates.

Daikenki(I think Jalord looks better, but he has better offensive stats)
Doryuuzu(Looks complete bad***, specially in animation!)
Warubiaru(Looks a bit like the Cheetos cheetah, but he has good stats and i'm a fan of meguroko)
Archaos(The next Aerodactyl=Awesomeness)
Zoroark(I heard its available ingame. I must have it!)
Chandelar(145 special attack+formiddable defenses and good speed=legendary!)
Ononokusu(147 attack and 97 speed. Not to mention, it looks like a beast!)
Wargle(Awesome pokemon, good stats, flier)
Sazando(Its a Dark/Dragon, psudeo-legendary dragon. And its a special attacker unlike other psudeos!)
Reshiram(what can i say? One of my favourite legends!)
Zekrom(One of the coolest looking legends and definitely one of my faves!)
Zebraikka(I loved Shimama when it came out. Good stats)
Denchura(Bug/Electric is a cool typing)

I'll make a White team and a Black team. Ononokusu and Sazando will not be in the same team. So will Reshi and Zekrom(obviously).

Aurath8
19th September 2010, 2:00 PM
Emboar - Ganon - The best starter, period.
Denchura- Zook - It looks awesome and has a great typing.
Onokusu - Sawblade - Pure awesomeness. If I can be bothered for shininess the I'll call it nightblade.
Yanakki - Mr.T - The best of the monkeys with great moves to boot. As I'll choose Pokabu, this little guy will be given to be in the Abandoned watchamacallit so he'll be easy to find.
Hiyakki - Because the water types are terrible bar possibly the turtle, I'm forced to choose this or teach Surf to something else, maybe skip one altogether.
Ground type - Well something needs to be able to use Earthquake.

My planned team, don't believe my sig, i'm not choosing Sazando. Lvl 64 my ***!

terminoob
19th September 2010, 2:06 PM
*points to sig*

For those wondering [I know you aren't, but whatever], yes, I am going to SR over and over again for a shiny Baoppu.

Raikia
19th September 2010, 2:09 PM
As you can see, my White Team is in my signature.

If I do ever add my Black Team, it'll be the same, except Jaroda = Daikenki, Ononokusu = Sazando (yes, I know that it evolves at an amazingly high level), and Doryuuzu = Warubiaru.

In fact, I'mma get to work on putting my Black team in my sig now.

optimus prime
19th September 2010, 2:15 PM
At the moment:
http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/499.pnghttp://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/520.pnghttp://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/522.png

Final:
http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/500.pnghttp://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/521.pnghttp://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/523.png
http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/553.pnghttp://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/565.pnghttp://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/612.png

aggronFTW
19th September 2010, 2:24 PM
My team will be:

Daikenki (Breaking my tradition of always picking grass starter, smugleaf..... you let me down man....)

Kenhorou (A cool pokemon and I'm hoping you can get it before 1st gym, I always like to have 2 or 3 pokes before 1st gym)

Zeburaiki (I loved shimama and as soon as I saw it I knew I was going to be using it in my team)

Ononokusu (Always wanted to use a dragon type in a playthrough and I really like this guys design)

Baokki/Shandaraar (really dont know at this point, depends on when i can get candle ghost in the game

Mebukijika/ Waribiaru (both are incredible designs and i love them both, might just come down to a coinflip)

So thats my team, wish I knew how to post sprites up :(

pikadon92
19th September 2010, 2:35 PM
Must I post all 6 at once?

For starters, I'll choose the grass snake starter. It looks promised judjing from the stats. Otherwise, the water starter will do. I prefer infernape over the fire pig, so I'd rather not pick the fire starter.

I also like the ghost coffin pokemon as well as the ground/dark crocodile one.

I am still thinking it over though. I have no idea for the rest.

Politoed trainer
19th September 2010, 2:39 PM
Does anybody that needs to trade for evolution want to work with me? I just need to get my Roopushin. My planned team is in the sig. I think it's pretty balanced.

Politoed trainer
19th September 2010, 2:40 PM
Does anybody that needs to trade for evolution want to work with me? I just need to get my Roopushin. My planned team is in the sig. I think it's pretty balanced.

Raichu111092
19th September 2010, 2:40 PM
So far, it's looking like:

Daikenki. (I like Jaroda, but I think it'll work out better in competitive play than as my main Pokemon. 'Kenki's got great Attacking Stats, and I need a Surfer.)

Muurando. (I'm surprised no one's picked this guy yet. His Attack is crazy! Plus, he's a giant Yorkie! The novelty alone is a reason to pick him. Plus he'll be good for Strength.)

Leparasudu. (I love the concept of a black cat, and this guy's just awesome. Can't wait to teach it things like Dark Pulse.)

Bivanilla. (Oh, come on. Ice cream. It's awesome. Good Special Attack, too!)

Denchula (I love spiders, and an Electric one just takes the cake. Freakin' cute, too.)

Kokoromori. (Love this guy! Great speed, and decent Special Attack. Maybe he can learn Fly, too.)

KillerBuneary
19th September 2010, 2:43 PM
http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/612.png
Ononokusu: That attack is insane, it has good defense and speed, and Kibago, admit it, is quite cute.
http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/565.png
Abagoora: I love the high Attack and Defense, and it's my favorite fossil pokemon... ever.
http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/637.png
Urugamosu: Bug/Fire is a cool combination, and its Special Attack is excellent.
http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/604.png
Shibirudon: Quite possibly my favorite pokemon this gen. Electric + Levitate means no weaknesses, and it has very good, balanced stats. I'm going to have fun using this guy.
http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/609.png
Shanderaa: Yes yes, everyone has one. But hey, I'd take a chandelier over a refridgerator any day :P Plus, the dual typing makes for even more Sp. Attack fun!
http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/598.png
Nattorei: Maybe one of the most underrated pokemon in Isshu, at least in my opinion. It's got the best defense stats of any 5th gen pokemon (with the possible exception of Desukan), decent attack, and loads of resistances.

Bobbityboo
19th September 2010, 2:45 PM
http://www.majhost.com/gallery/nikohesus/Pokemon/497.png

Smugleaf is just too awesome. Plus, I'm not too keen on the other grass types.

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/nikohesus/Pokemon/530.png

I love this dude. When it's base pokemon was revealed I knew he would be in my team. Shame he's fairly difficult to get.

I needed a water type, and this guy fits the bill perfectly!

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/nikohesus/Pokemon/569.png

My favourite Pokemon of this generation. Screw Muk, this dude is my favourite Poison type EVER. I love him.

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/nikohesus/Pokemon/596.png ORhttp://www.majhost.com/gallery/nikohesus/Pokemon/614.png

I may change depending on whether Thunder is a TM and if so, can he use it. If thunder is a TM, Spiderman is on my team. Compoundeyes means 95% accuracy Thunders. The flying gym would be SO easy :P If my worst fear is realised, then he'd be replaced with the polar bear :)

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/nikohesus/Pokemon/635.png OR http://www.majhost.com/gallery/nikohesus/Pokemon/628.png

This guy is dependant on if he can learn Fly or not. If he can, he's on the team. If not, I'd replace him with Wargle.

The legendary trainer
19th September 2010, 2:48 PM
Well, when I do the game my team will be

Daikenki
Gigaiasu (maybe)
Shubarugo
Ononokusu (although he will become an Uber)
Urgamoth
Reshiram

swampertforever
19th September 2010, 2:51 PM
well... I have honestly had some conflicts in my planned team... so ill post all of them :)

Possible Pokemon Black Team

Starter: Jaroda/Daikenki - I always use the Water starter, but Hiyakki says otherwise with two water types, and Jaroda is honestly better than that stupid pig (fighting type failed him in my book
Musharna/Gochiruzeru: Both of these girls got my interest for a while, and im loving the designs
Zebraika: Shimama looks sooooo cool, and so does this zebra, but due to all the other cool pokemon, odds are he might not be used
Hiyakki/Mebukijika: They both look cool, but i dont want to type conflict with my starter, so it depends on the starter.
Warubiaru: He looks cool, and has an interesting type combo for my team
Hihidaruma: I wasnt quite sure i was gonna use this guy, but daruma mode made me think twice
Desukan/Shanderaa: Loved desukan since he was revealed, but shanderaa also took me by suprise
Gigigear: Just because
sorry for writing a load, its just all the pokemon look great, and i have a massive problem making teams

Also, Just wondering, when will the exclusive pokemon page be updated?

Chibi_Muffin
19th September 2010, 2:57 PM
At the moment, I'm thinking...

Jaroda: Well, I always put my starter in my team. ^_^

Hiyakki: I always use a Water type in a team, and there aren't many new ones that appeal to me. That, and the monkey will be available quite early on.

Shanderaa: It's a cute floating chandelier. It's quite quirky. It's also one of the few Fire types I like.

Chirachiino: I was gonna use whatever Chillarmy evolved into anyways.

Dentula: It's a cute bug, and I reckon it will learn some interesting Electric and Bug moves.

Rankurusu: It's so cute! ^_^ The high level doesn't even bother me, as I'm getting Black. Yay for extra EXP!

Gelu
19th September 2010, 2:58 PM
I'm thinking...
Emboar
Doryuzuu
Some Poison/Water/Grass type.

I generally only use three Pokemon.
And I'm OCD about the typing, but I could use either a grass or water type...
Or a poison type.
So I'm leaning on the mushroom (whose name evades me), but I'm still not too sure.

SergeiDragunov
19th September 2010, 2:58 PM
http://www.majhost.com/gallery/nikohesus/Pokemon/503.png
An awesome starter. Plus with a bit of a lack of good water types this gen (imo), he has to be in.

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/nikohesus/Pokemon/508.png
I was originally going to use Baffuron, but Muurando's line is available earlier and has a better movepool with very similar stats. And Yooterii is too cute to pass up.

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/nikohesus/Pokemon/523.png
Since I'm not packing a Grass type, I needed an Electric type to counter Water moves. Shimama is available early, so Zeburaika was a perfect choice.

Best Pokemon in the gen. Simply put, Doryuuzu or gtfo. *points to sig*

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/nikohesus/Pokemon/563.png
I always have either a Psychic, Ghost, or Dark type to pack Psychic and Shadow Ball. Desukan can more than likely learn Psychic by TM, and he's just an awesome Pokemon in general.

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/nikohesus/Pokemon/630.png
Well, I needed a Flying type, and my options were pretty slim. This here vulture has some decent typing, looks pretty cool, and has some nice stats to boot. The only problem is from what I can tell, it's pretty hard to get and it evolves super-late. If someone could clarify how exactly you get your hands on this thing, it'd be appreciated.

D*N
19th September 2010, 3:00 PM

Smugleaf is just too awesome. Plus, I'm not too keen on the other grass types.

I love this dude. When it's base pokemon was revealed I knew he would be in my team. Shame he's fairly difficult to get.

I needed a water type, and this guy fits the bill perfectly!

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/nikohesus/Pokemon/569.png

My favourite Pokemon of this generation. Screw Muk, this dude is my favourite Poison type EVER. I love him.

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/nikohesus/Pokemon/596.png ORhttp://www.majhost.com/gallery/nikohesus/Pokemon/614.png

I may change depending on whether Thunder is a TM and if so, can he use it. If thunder is a TM, Spiderman is on my team. Compoundeyes means 95% accuracy Thunders. The flying gym would be SO easy :P If my worst fear is realised, then he'd be replaced with the polar bear :)

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/nikohesus/Pokemon/635.png OR http://www.majhost.com/gallery/nikohesus/Pokemon/628.png

This guy is dependant on if he can learn Fly or not. If he can, he's on the team. If not, I'd replace him with Wargle.

How is the mole hard to get?
And thunder is a Tm.

Sponge
19th September 2010, 3:13 PM
My team will be:

1. Jaroda - Tsutaja was actually my least favourite starter at the beginning....but when I saw the final forms of Mijumaru and Pokabu it was Jaroda that I liked most.

2. Desukan - The second I saw it's backsprite I knew it would be on my team, and that still hasn't changed.

3. Rankurusu - Another pokemon I've wanted on my team since near the beginning

4. Swanna - I love the design of this pokemon, plus I'm going to need a Flyer and Surfer for my team.

Those 4 are the only pokemon I'm sure about. The ones I'm considering for the last two places:

Denchura (Bug/Electric)
Shiburidon (Electric)
Agirudaa (Bug)
Shanderaa (Ghost/Fire)
Dageki (Fighting)
Hihidaruma (Fire)
Baibanira (Ice)
Kojondo (Fighting)

So I have a good few options, I'd add the Fire/Bug but I heard you don't get that until really late....so I can't wait that long...

I have two slow pokemon, Desukan and Rankurusu so I didn't want any more slow pokemon.

PurplePoctopus
19th September 2010, 3:14 PM
Jaroda
Shanderaa/Musharna
Zeburaika
Wargle/hydra dragon
Dark Leopard dude
Ghost/Water jellyfish dude

I'm still trying to edit it down. :/

Gligari
19th September 2010, 3:18 PM
My team is in my sig but my pokemon this time around are going to have regular attacks
http://i829.photobucket.com/albums/zz214/Gligari/500.png
Emboar-"Charboar"
-Fire Punch/Nitro Charge
-Brick Break/Hammer Arm
-Earthquake
-?

http://i829.photobucket.com/albums/zz214/Gligari/512.png
Yannaki
-Leech Seed
-Seed Bomb
-Thunderpunch
-?

http://i829.photobucket.com/albums/zz214/Gligari/521.png
Kenhorou-"Peak"
-Roost
-Facade
-Arial Ace/Sky Attack
-?

http://i829.photobucket.com/albums/zz214/Gligari/565.png
Abagoora
-Curse
-Rock SLide
-Aqua Jet
-?

http://i829.photobucket.com/albums/zz214/Gligari/563.png
Desukan
-Shadow Ball
-Power Gem/Thunderbolt
-?/Calm Mind
-?

http://i829.photobucket.com/albums/zz214/Gligari/553.png
Warubiaru
-Crunch
-Earthquake
-Dragon Claw
-?

This is my team it isnt too planned out. Once I get more info it will be.

A.J.
19th September 2010, 3:26 PM
Since Black and White are supposed to be a "new start", I'm going to use a grass starter for the first time since RB.
And then, a Fire-type.
http://www.majhost.com/gallery/nikohesus/Pokemon/609.png
Then, round off the trio with a Water-type (with an excuse to spam Earthquake).
http://www.majhost.com/gallery/nikohesus/Pokemon/537.png
Next, the mandatory normal/flying.
http://www.majhost.com/gallery/nikohesus/Pokemon/521.png
Next, an excuse to spam Thunder.
http://www.majhost.com/gallery/nikohesus/Pokemon/596.png
Finally, round out the team with my favorite 5th-gen.
http://www.majhost.com/gallery/nikohesus/Pokemon/635.png

xsedr
19th September 2010, 3:27 PM
In my signature, also if any of these pokemon aren't in White please tell me so I don't buy the wrong version. Originally I was all Zekrom but Reshiram is really starting to grow on me. Also if I can't get the last 5 until really late in the game could you let me know.

I was thinking of maybe putting Zoroark in but I doubt I'll get the shiny beasts and celebi (I love having 4 game carts) unless they make it a wifi event. Oh well I'm sure alot of Zorua will be on the GTS, though the trades will be rediculous.

Icay4321
19th September 2010, 3:31 PM
Just a quick question, did Serebii have to alter the Stats (lol, palindrome) on the 5th Gen Pokemon list? I'd like to know, because I thought that some of these were better than they are currently listed... When I found out their true Stats, I'll be making my team...

Gligari
19th September 2010, 3:40 PM
Sorry Aj but I cant see your team.

D*N
19th September 2010, 3:41 PM
Just a quick question, did Serebii have to alter the Stats (lol, palindrome) on the 5th Gen Pokemon list? I'd like to know, because I thought that some of these were better than they are currently listed... When I found out their true Stats, I'll be making my team...

All stats are on main site.
And there is a help thread hea.

~Psycho~
19th September 2010, 3:42 PM
http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr224/ACWiiAdict/isshu-pokemon-3.jpg
Tsutarja is my second favourite starter, so its obvious that I'd use it's evo.
http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr224/ACWiiAdict/isshu-pokemon-48.jpg
I rarely use a bug type so I thought that I might use one this gen.
http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr224/ACWiiAdict/isshu-pokemon-20.jpg
I'll end up trading fire monkey on to Black from my copy of White.
http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr224/ACWiiAdict/isshu-pokemon-16.jpg
I just like the look of this 'mon.
http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr224/ACWiiAdict/isshu-pokemon-141.jpg
Looks powerful and cool.
http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr224/ACWiiAdict/isshu-pokemon-120.jpg
I just need an ice type...
May change if any of these are exclusive to White.

http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr224/ACWiiAdict/isshu-pokemon-9.jpg
My favourite starter, looks powerful too.
http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr224/ACWiiAdict/isshu-pokemon-92.jpg
I like a form changing pokemon.
http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr224/ACWiiAdict/isshu-pokemon-79.jpg
SOO CUTE!! Possible HM slave? If not it will still be on my team.
http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr224/ACWiiAdict/isshu-pokemon-73.jpg
It just looks cool.
http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr224/ACWiiAdict/isshu-pokemon-59.jpg
Who can resist a RED CROCODILE?!
http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr224/ACWiiAdict/isshu-pokemon-115.jpg
Looks powerful...okay I've run out of reasons!
May change if any of these are exclusive to Black.

There are so many pokemon I want to use! I'll probably catch loads of them and rotate my team every once in a while.

ForeverFlame
19th September 2010, 3:50 PM
Daikenki - I always go for the Water Starter first.

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/nikohesus/Pokemon/514.png
Baokki - I'll be needing this to take on the first gym, and to beat my rival's Jaroda.

Crocodick - I need a good Dark type, and this one can double as my Electric killer.

Denchura - Has the cutest pre-evolution ever. And it has Compoundeyes + Electric attacks. 95&#37; Thunder? Yes please!

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/nikohesus/Pokemon/567.png
Aakeosu - The ultimate glass cannon. But regular gameplay has Hyper Potions, so I don't have to worry about its awful ability.

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/nikohesus/Pokemon/576.png
Gothlolitower - I'm a Gardevoir fanboy, so I feel obliged to have her on my team.

Draknir
19th September 2010, 3:52 PM
Considering I'm going to have Two Blacks and Three Whites(What, can I not have in three languages despite the lack of need?), I have put very little thought into a planned team in all but the White that I pre-ordered, and is currently in Memphis, Tennessee(Which is on the border of the state I live in).

After a long debate about which starter I was going to use, I finally decided upon Mijumaru. Why? Because Tsutarja doesn't appeal to me now that it won't gain a second type, and Pokabu becomes the third Fire/Fighting Starter. Totally unneeded.

Basically, its a why not kind of thing. Its basically a spider that, if you try to squish it, will shock you. Also, its Tension Ability is pretty awesome.

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/nikohesus/Pokemon/623.png
Basically, it just looks cool.

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/nikohesus/Pokemon/494.png
I really like its typing and its ability.

Now there are Four possible Pokémon that shall be on my team, and I haven't really decided upon which two.

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/nikohesus/Pokemon/571.png
I've liked it since it was revealed. Not to mention, I have the ability to get it both ways.

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/nikohesus/Pokemon/644.png
This is basically the sole reason I got White over Black.

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/nikohesus/Pokemon/635.png
It is both my favorite types, so it is a very large possibility. My only problems is the fact it first evolves at Lv.50, and then again at Lv.64. I just think those are rather high.

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/nikohesus/Pokemon/526.png
It just looks cool, and it is this generation's Golem, which I have taken a liking to in the past few months.

Icay4321
19th September 2010, 3:54 PM
All stats are on main site.
And there is a help thread hea.

Wow, well, then welcome to Isshu, land of slow... I mean, really? Zeburaika, and effing Electric-Zebra Pokemon is slower than a Steel Mole... I'm surprised that it even exists, and wasn't devoured to distinction by Warubiaru. Ah, well.

Jaroduu- This is the only final evo that I like:/... so, yeah. (sorry! Mijumaru!)

Hihidaruma- I liked hm from the start, but I could've sworn that he was faster...

Hiyakki- Slow, but I'll get him for free... *shrugs*

Warubiaru- He's coool, and sadly, pretty fast, considering everybody else. Also, I love Meguroko!!^_^

Denchura- He's been one of my favorites since I saw the Sugimori Art, and he's really cool. Again, I could've sworn he was faster...

Wargle- He's looked cool since I saw him, and I need me a Flying uy.

Reshiram- I've liked him better than Zekrom, and I can't wait to use him.

EDIT: Btw, I know that the Stats have been changed, because Emonga had 103 for its Speed.

Wordy
19th September 2010, 3:57 PM
Firstly, if anybody wants to do an indepth moveset check etc. I've compiled everything in my sig so... no need to ask if anything learns a specific move!

My planned team:

Jaroda- My starter. I always like the defensive based starter more than the offensive-based ones, and this one is no exception. I like her stat spread and how it is a Speedy Tank, so to speak. Due to the lack of physical attackers on the rest of my team I've decided on Coil Around/Leaf Blade/Toxic/Leech Seed. I may change out Toxic for something else, like maybe Light Screen to raise special defenses.

Kokoromori- I adore this one. Despite the overall bad stats and less-than-stellar movepool, I still think that it has a niche as an annoyer and a first-turn Thunder Wave will irritate anyone, except if they train Grounds. It'll probably know Thunder Wave/Psychic/Air Slash/Psycho Shock for neat coverage and a STAB way to hit both defenses depending on which one is weaker. It may learn Calm Mind instead of Psycho Shock. There is also Charge Beam as an alternative Sp. Atk raiser

Swanna- I'll name mine 'Valkyrie' and use her in Musicals a lot. This one is a bit trickier to plan for, but it'll have a neutral nature and learn Surf, Fly, Roost and Ice Beam. I was debating Tailwind, but most of mine are pretty fast or use their low speed to their advantage, or possibly even that new Uber move, Boiling Water, with it's close to 1/3 chance of burning. So that is superduperawesome. Sheesh, Hiyappu? Who wants Hiyappu? There is also Windstorm, which is a bit of a signature move, so that may be used.

Shanderaa- Does anybody NOT want one of these? Clearly up for the best of Gen V awards, and on top of its design it is a BEAST- 145 Base Sp. Atk? Yes please! It offers great coverage with Flamethrower/Shadow Ball/Energy Ball/Pain Split, and fills a niche left in my Fire/Water/Grass triangle which isn't always filled. I was debating between this and Desukan for a while, but I'll use Desukan in Grey.

Rankurusu- The cute homunculus! I absolutely love him to bits. I would use Gochiruzeru, but she's an exclusive to Black, and Rankurusu is just as good, if not better. He has great Special Attack as well, so something like Psychic/Focus Blast/Shadow Ball/Flash Cannon would suit him really. And with Magic Guard he receives a Life Orb boost with none of the pain that comes with it! Talk about magical! It's a shame that Dustproof becomes redundant on him, though. Good on everybody else, just it was showcased on him in particular, so one would think.

Denchura- It was between this and Ononokusu, but this one's cute pre-evo just persuaded me in this direction. Bug and Electric together is a psychedelic combo that really shines, and with Compoundeyes Thunder becomes 91&#37; accurate, but that 0.09 won't be worrying me ingame. I quite like the sound of Thunder/Bug Buzz/Volt Change/Thunder Wave as an effective set, or maybe even Charge Beam for ingame to put a dent in anything.

Ciran
19th September 2010, 4:08 PM
I'm a little hesitant about this guy. I loved Meguroko and I like his first evolution even more...but I just can't get past Warubiaru's penis shaped nose. Hopefully it isn't as noticeable in motion.

Great, now I can't un-see it ><

Anyways, I was honestly disappointed with the new starters. I was surprised to find I was in the minority with this, but it is what it is. So because of such, I decided to make a team based on something I could (potentially) catch early on, so I could drop my starter ASAP, so I based my team around Chillarmy (which I'm hoping is the Rattata of B&W). Based on this I kind of decided on a rodent based team, which originally consisted of Pikachu, Cyndaquil, Chillarmy, Emonga, Rattata, and Sandshrew (all evolved when possible) but when I finally get White version it will probably change based on what I find.

charmanderandswampertguy
19th September 2010, 4:12 PM
my pokemon black team before E4 will be

emboar or daikenki
wargle
zebraika
mebukijika
abagora if i pick pokabu or warubiara if i pick mijurami
reshiram

after E4
emboar or daikenki
wargle
zebraika
mebukijika
abagora if i pick pokabu or warubiara if i pick mijurami
arcanine

i like pokabu but not sure about emboar dont like mijurami but like daikenki and im going to get my fav arcanine as a fire type at some point but ive not took the fire type since kanto and the daikenki seems to be the only decent water type so thats my team plan for black so far

terminoob
19th September 2010, 4:30 PM

Anyways, I was honestly disappointed with the new starters. I was surprised to find I was in the minority with this, but it is what it is. So because of such, I decided to make a team based on something I could (potentially) catch early on, so I could drop my starter ASAP, so I based my team around Chillarmy (which I'm hoping is the Rattata of B&W). Based on this I kind of decided on a rodent based team, which originally consisted of Pikachu, Cyndaquil, Chillarmy, Emonga, Rattata, and Sandshrew (all evolved when possible) but when I finally get White version it will probably change based on what I find.

...Of course you'll need to change it. You can't get old Pokemon pre-National Dex.

Aether13
19th September 2010, 4:50 PM
...Of course you'll need to change it. You can't get old Pokemon pre-National Dex.

Couldn't you just trade with someone who has the national dex?

Anyways only pokemon I know for sure that I'm going to have is Emboar.

ironknight42
19th September 2010, 4:54 PM
Jaroda: Cause its fast and not butt ugly and the higher defenses didn't hurt either

Kenhorou: I can catch it early on and it kills bugs for me so yeah...and it looks decent

Agagoora or Iwaparesu: Rock type...would rather have Agagoora but I it can't be acquire early or it is hard to get will take Iwaparesu

Warubiru: other than its penis shaped nose an awesome pokemon good stats and ground type and I just plain like it

Shiburudon: Levitate and electric helps against flying and water so can't hurt if it is to hard to catch or very late in game I may apt for something else like a Zubraika

Shanderaa: Ghost-Fire is good helps against the ice types that can beat on my team and psychics will get murdered by it and its 145 Sp. Atk

KnightofRawr
19th September 2010, 4:55 PM
I'm pretty much playing the game by ear at the moment but you can see my team in my signature. I'm not sure how far along I will stick with Chokoneko and I recently caught a Shimama which I will add to my signature once I be Aloe's gym.

Mijumaru - Blade
Chokoneko - Tiger
Boappu - Chari
Shimama - Shock

Haunter ゴースト
19th September 2010, 5:03 PM
My signature below will be my Pokemon White team, I put them all to their final evos as thats probably what i will do on the game but i might make another signature to go with it showing my favourites in gen V :)

martinn94
19th September 2010, 5:09 PM
Emboar- My favorite starter!
Pourtooga- I instantly loved it when I saw it, does anyone know if he's a fossil?
Mebukijika- He seems pretty cool! Not sure which season I'll keep it in yet.
Swanna/Kokoromori- I like both of them, Psychic and Water are my favorite types so I'm unsure.
Warubiaru- He looks awesome and strong!
Rankurusu- He's pretty cute and suprisingly strong as well!

Jirachi Kidd
19th September 2010, 5:19 PM
#514-Baokki This one is my favourite out of trio of monkeys.
#560-Zuruzukin 2nd favourite out of the generation. I love how its pre evos skin is just there as pants and a hoodie.
#576-Gochiruzeru Gothic sexy female, oh yeah.
#612-Onononkusu This pokemon is beast 'cause it evolves from Kibago which reminds of Larvitar.
#621-Kurimugan Best flyer i saw, and also, it is a dragon with a red head!
#625-Kirikizan All time favourite pokemon! I like this one a lot, it gave me a felling of Gallade, which is cool, 'cause i liked Gallade a lot.

Good team? yes, no? :D

Grei
19th September 2010, 5:20 PM
Please try and make it more than a simple 'oh it's a, b, c, d, e and f =D' post here - explaining why you choose certain Pokemon makes for interesting discussion, and you look cooler for doing just so as well!

Alright.

My team:
Jaroda, Zeburaika, Gigaiasu, Gamageroge, Barujiina, Kuitaran.

Sometimes I wonder about you, Ash-kid.

Anyway, I my team as it stands currently.

http://i51.*******.com/2po5rad.jpg
Mijumaru→Futachimaru→Daikenki

Mijumaru is my Starter, hands-down. Funny that the Starter I initially hated ended up being the one I loved the most. The samurai motif is amazing and even though it took a while to warm to the final form, I find it amazing.

http://i51.*******.com/2h3y801.jpghttp://i52.*******.com/de8leg.jpg
Shikijika→Mebukijika
Tsutarja→Janobii→Jaroda

I'm thinking of Shikijika. Ever since seeing it's evolution I've found it to be really cool. It's stats aren't awful and it's design is sweet.
However, I really like Tsutarja's line. If I didn't love Mijumaru's line so much I'd be starting with Tsutarja. Jaroda is really cool and the thought of a speedy tank is interesting to me. I don't think I've ever used one. Also, I may try to get a Tsutarja so I can utilize the Oath combination moves. Even if I end up trying to get Tsutarja, I'll likely train a Shikijika anyway (I don't care if I have two Grass-types on my team, Grass is the best type).

http://i54.*******.com/316umn5.jpghttp://i53.*******.com/15nsrhj.jpg
Darumakka→Hihidaruma
Kuitaran

Hihidaruma has always looked cool to me. After seeing his ability and his stats, I almost can't say no to using him. I mean, seriously. 140 base Attack AND the ability to use Superpower and Flare Blitz without stat reduction or recoil? The thing's a beast. However, as cool as the Daruma ability is, I don't think I'll use one of those. Encourage is too amazing.
At the same time, Kuitaran looks cool. It seems I may have to wait for the Victory Road to get one, though, and it's not especially powerful--it's one of those Stockpile Pokemon, which I have never liked. As cool as the concept is (a fire-breathing anteater to toast the Bug/Steel ants!) Hihidaruma's beating it out.

http://i51.*******.com/32zhla8.jpg
Washibon→Wargle

Simple: I'm choosing Wargle. Mamepato's cool--I've always wanted to use a dove Pokemon--but unless someone uses it and finds it to be as cool as Staraptor (and heck, even if someone says that), I won't use it. Wargle also has Encourage and is strong. I'd rather use the awesome eagle over the pigeon.

http://i52.*******.com/2lb2ukz.jpghttp://i52.*******.com/r1bdzn.jpghttp://i51.*******.com/2iha060.jpghttp://i54.*******.com/2n8oifa.jpg
http://i55.*******.com/2hgs9r5.jpghttp://i51.*******.com/2qlbwiv.jpghttp://i55.*******.com/2m672pk.jpghttp://i54.*******.com/k9dxt0.jpg
Meguroko→Warubiru→Warubiaru
Ishizumai→Iwaparesu
Dokkora→Dotekkotsu→Roopushin
Tabunne
Moguryuu→Doryuuzu
Kapurumo→Shubarago
Kojofuu→Kojondo
Porygon2→Porygon-Z

This is where it gets tricky. I initially had my sights set on Meguroku and Porygon-Z as my last two Pokemon. Meguroku's ability is neat and it's attacks are pretty sweet as well (as is it's typing). Porygon-Z is just a favorite of mine that I never really got to raise--I obtained a Lvl. 100 P-Z and found that I liked using it but I never really got to use it in-game.
However, in my Diamond run-through I used Blissey and found that having a healer is really helpful in times like the Elite Four. If Tabunne can't use Heal Pulse outside of battle, though, I doubt I'll consider it.
Ishizumai is a hermit crab. That's sweet. I've always wanted a hermit crab Pokemon and so I may use it even if there are stronger options.
Dokkora is really cool as well. Killer clowns, although weird in concept, are sweet and I think it'd make a good replacement for my Lucario from Diamond. If not him, maybe I'll go with Kojofuu for my Fighting-type, because that one is equally as cool.
Doryuuzu is neat, although I'm not sure if I'll use it, especially if I end up using Meguroku.
Shubarago just looks epic. The 4x Fire weakness sucks but that doesn't stop Scizor.

All in all I have some decisions to make. If I were to condense my choices into one team, I'd find these to be most likely:

-Daikenki
-Hihidaruma
-Mebukijika
-Wargle
-Warubiaru
-Iwaparesu/Kojondo

centipede2000
19th September 2010, 5:23 PM
Ok so I went a very unplanned way for my team... I caught what I felt like catching.
Right now my team is

Janobii (lvl 19)
Shimama (lvl 17)
Water monkey (lvl 17)
Koromori (lvl 10) <-- didnt bother to train that one yet... probably wont stay in my team
Dageki (the blue fighting dude) lvl 16

I'm not certain about the levels

Extreme Floatzel
19th September 2010, 5:25 PM
Jaroda-I always have the starter I like most on my team first play through any pokemon game, and jaroda is my favourite. he kinda looks like a banana being peeled

Abagoora-I absalutely love the design for this guy, he just looks amazing!

Zebruaika-I love electric pokemon and with the high attack and cool design I couldn't resist this guy.

Wargle-I really like this guy, although he looks a lot like a digimon.

Goruggo-I love this robot guy, he's so cool, I hope he's about ten feet tall because most likely this generation's gonna have a 3d game on a home consol and I always like to have a massive guy to stand out.

Onodo-I love this guy, I won't evolve him completely because I can't stand his evolution.

Most likely my team will end up differant from this on the actual game when I get it (about a week or two) as my team always ends up differant from the way I planned it on almost any game!

Nomytaker
19th September 2010, 5:29 PM
1.Jaroda. Will be my starter, coolest evo out of the starters. Sad that it's a mono type....but meh.

2.Zeburaika....ELECTRIC FREAKIN' ZEBRA!!!!! Enough said.....okay maybe not... Wanted a Zebra pokemon ever since I saw Girafarig in the original Silver games, after a long waiting game.... I have one. Electric typing is good since apart from Jolteon, I don't have many favourites. Also once again it's a Mono-type, when I saw it originally I was like "Please be "Dark/Electric"", but like shinx before it, they got screwed.

3.Warubiaru Another wanted pokemon for ages, and again ever since the days of Silver and seeing totodile. But with a better type combo IMO, Colour should have stayed the same...but meh.

4.Burunkeru. A ghost/water type....sign me up. Oh and getting a blue one over pink.

5.Denchura. So in eventually after 4 generations, I don't get one electric but two, and one which is part bug. Thanks GF you finally listened to my prayers.

6. Shanderaa. So another interesting Ghost combo here. Pairing up with a fire type....hmmm.

Of course this could all change in game playing. Since I like Wargle, the Power Ranger pokemon, Gothdoll, and many others.

Krake
19th September 2010, 5:38 PM
I will most likely change this, but:

Daikenki
Urugamosu/Kuitaran/Shanderaa
Goruggo/Warubiaru
Kojondo/Zuruzukin
Shibirudon/Dentura
Aakeosu/Wargle/Shinpora

So, except for my starter, I have no idea what my final team will be.

Laszdy
19th September 2010, 5:38 PM
Don't have any pics
1:Emboar,cause all the other starters sucks and this one doesn't and it's a fire pokemon
2:Abagora,nice design,good ability(solid rock)
3:Ononokusu:cool design,good moves and good stats
4:Goruggo:Awesome design,great moves and nice abililtys
5:Sazando:How uber can your types be dark and Dragon combined is awesome.The design could be better though
6:Urugamosu:This guy is bug and fire looks awesome great moves.moves looking great and super stats (with a beneficial nature)

Indatica
19th September 2010, 5:42 PM
Oh, I was waiting for a thread like this!

My way of choosing a team is to first look at the pokemon I like based on looks alone and then move on to take my favourite one from each type of pokemon, and then mix and match until I get what seems like a decent team. Only then do I look at stats and maybe do a little bit of tweaking - I preffer having a team I like and then spending an eternity at training rather than going for a brilliant team but full of ugly brutes I don't like. So this is what I've got so far:

Kojondo because I love her design, and my most recent SS team has a medicham, and he's gotten me quite attached to fighting types.
Swannaand Gigaiasu. Originally I had Aakeosu and Purotoga in my team, but once I realised that they were the fossil pokemon and you could only get one of them without trading, I opted for these two instead. I adore the designs of Gigaiasu's evolutution line, and with Swanna in my team I have covered all three types that the fossil pokemon had.
Shanderaa is part of my team for several reasons. First, that design is absolutely brilliant, I try to always have a fire type in my team and matching fire with the ghost type seems like an interesting idea and I want to try it out. And just look at that special attack!
Then there's Dentura. He's here really for two main reasons: firstly, he has to be the cutest bug pokemon design there is, and his typing is interesting as well. Plus, he reminds me of the light bugs in Twilight Princess.
Finally, Leopardas. I have a thing for feline pokemon, and her typing really appeals to me. Also, the fact that she (probably) evolves at such an early level compared to some of my other pokemon, she'll be useful during the beginning of the game.

Of course, all these are subject to change, especially when I've had a better look at the moves they can learn. And as a side note, my starter pokemon will be Tsutaja - I especially love the design of his final evolution.

Pamizard
19th September 2010, 5:42 PM
Right now on my japanese black i have Miju's final stage, Shimama's evo, The fighting lizard evo, Mamepato's final stage, the centepede final stage, and hihidaurma

I'm planning on my future English Black and White teams as of right now

Copley Hill Gym
19th September 2010, 5:43 PM
My team is as follows:

1. Daikenki
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff111/simierskiUK/503.png

Starter Pokemon and water type of the team. Generally for a first run through, you need a Pokemon that can use the water HMs (Surf/waterfall/dive), and also be quite tough on its own. The base stats are halfway decent, it'll be UU I am sure, not OU. For a first run through, gets my vote as a mixed sweeper (stab Surf and Waterfall for the special/physical split, whilst perhaps changing the last two moves to focus on powering up, or defending).

2. Zeburaika
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff111/simierskiUK/523h.png

Epic speed base stat for such a common Pokemon, found early on, and a decent attack stat to match. This is what Electivire could have been, I'm finding the base stats of this Pokemon to be overall better than the range that Electivire offers. For a first run through, I consider this Pokemon a must.

3. Mebukijika
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff111/simierskiUK/586.png

The Normal/Grass typing piqued my interest, as did its base stats. Overall, it's not going to win awards for high power or interest. But with an immunity to ghost Pokemon - which will figure highly in the metagame, I am sure - it'll prove an interesting matchup. Decent HP, Attack and Speed base stats means it fulfills a similar role to Zeburaika, in some ways, but with the focus on a greater range of attacks including, but not limited to, Stab Double Edge, Megahorn, Jump Kick, and, hopefully, a physical Grass move for extra Stab.

4. Aakeosu
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff111/simierskiUK/567.png

To put it simply: this Pokemon fulfills the hard hitting role of Aerodactyl, except with a better base stat spread, and from what I can see in the level up moves, a better movepool. U-Turn, Dragon Claw, Crunch and Rock Slide give a hard hitting, speedy sweeper with the ability to do some serious damage, whilst also offering a way of escaping potential K/Os with U-turn.

5. Gigigear
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff111/simierskiUK/601.png

Defensive wall of the team. To put it simply - awesome. The base stats on this thing have a great spread - minus special attack which will simply remain unused anyway. HP, Attack and Defense to be EV trained, possibly in a similar manner to Rampardos/Bastiodon as it has some semblance of moveset potential/usability similar to the two. The level up movesets are terrible - all special attacks! But I am confident that it will learn physical moves which will fulfill its potential.

6. Ononokusu
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff111/simierskiUK/612q.png

To put it simply - checking the Attack stat list on the website - this fella should be in every team. Huge attack stat, with high speed (only 5 slower than Garchomp), and the potential to rip apart teams with ease, with an incredible moveset that includes a OHKO move, and many very powerful physical attacks.

If you're not using this Pokemon, but are playing against him, fear him. Seriously. I've not played the game yet and I can guarantee this is going to be the Garchomp of this generation - overused, overpowered, and later by Smogon rules - Uber class.

MahBoi100
19th September 2010, 5:44 PM
1.Serperior:
http://i52.*******.com/de8leg.jpg
I always pick the grass-starter and this one has cool design plus the fact that great speed and defenses is win. I think that i will run a Leech Seed, Coil, Toxic/Protect, Leaf Storm set on a Perversity Serperior.

2.Chandelure:
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/e/e5/609.png
I like the fact that this pokemon is supposed to look like a chandelier and the combination between ghost and fire is just what i need. I pack Overheat, Energy Ball, Shadow Ball, Pain Split on my Flash Fire Chandelure and it will murder anything with its base 145 Sp Atk.

3.Klingklang:
http://www.pokepedia.fr/images/4/49/Sprite_5_n_601.png
This pokemon has mad attack and defence stats! This will be the physical wall of my team. I have Thunderbolt, Gear Change, Gear Grind, (This space is not decided yet, I'm currently using metal sound to amplify my low base Sp. Atk.).

4.Escavalier:
http://i51.*******.com/2qlbwiv.jpg
Offensive Forretress? SIGN ME UP! a Swords Danced STAB Megahorn should be able to rip apart anything that doesn't resist it. I have Swords Dance, Megahorn, Iron Head, Substitute on my Swarm Escavalier.

AzukanAsimbu
19th September 2010, 5:45 PM
i dnt want to see the pokemon cuz i want it to be a surprise but its soooooo tempting

Grei
19th September 2010, 5:48 PM
I'm pretty much playing the game by ear at the moment but you can see my team in my signature. I'm not sure how far along I will stick with Chokoneko and I recently caught a Shimama which I will add to my signature once I be Aloe's gym.

Mijumaru - Blade
Chokoneko - Tiger
Boappu - Chari
Shimama - Shock

This reminds me!

This Gen I'm going with a color theme for my nicknames. Before I would just nickname whatever I felt was fitting for the Pokemon, now I'm going to base it off of the predominant color in that Pokemon.

So...

Mijumaru: Blue
Hihidaruma: Red
Tsutarja: Green
Shikijika: Pink/Lime/Orange/Brown (depends on when I capture it, probably)
Wargle: Crimson (pending)
Meguroku: Brown/Bronze/Scarlet (second one based on it's final form)
Ishizumai: Grey/Orange (pending)
Dokkora: Pink (pending)
Tabunne: Pink
Doryuuzu: Indigo/Scarlet (a pun on the red scar in final form)
Shubarago: Silver/Cobalt
Kojondo: Pink
Porygon-Z: Z (this is the only one I wouldn't go with the color theme for)

terminoob
19th September 2010, 5:48 PM
Couldn't you just trade with someone who has the national dex?

Anyways only pokemon I know for sure that I'm going to have is Emboar.

...No.

You can't get old Pokemon pre-National Dex, bar the Crown Beasts or Eigakan Celebi, period.

Louispierce
19th September 2010, 5:52 PM
http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff225/louispierce/PokmonWhiteTeam.png

I have had a few people saying to me that it is a bad team choice as some of there stats aren't to good, but to be honest I just prefer to have a team of Pok&#233;mon I like rather than the most powerful team possible.

Roll
19th September 2010, 5:58 PM
Jaroda - Starter. In every single generation, I've always used the Grass starter, because I just love grass-types.

Doredia - Another grass-type. She's so pretty ^^ Like the Bellossom of this generation for me. She's definitely going to take a spot in my roster.

Mebukijika - Yes, another grass. I've always loved deers and stags (Although I prefer Mebukijika over Stantler in terms of appearance), and this one is no exception! Plus the fact it can change forms during seasons is amazing.

Birijion - Not surprisingly, another grass-type. It looks nice and I love how it's a fighting-type. Just like Breloom! Although it only has one stage. Plus it's ability seems interesting. (Justice Heart) Although it seems to be hard to catch, with just a catch rate of 3, so unfortunately, this probably won't make into my team...

Yanakki - I just have to have one of the wise monkeys. I like them all, but I can only have room for one. And... it's the grass-type, of course!

Shanderaa - It's a living chandelier. How better could that get? It's design is adorable. As many have noticed, it has a certain quality about it that makes it reminiscent of Drifblim. And yessss, Drifblim is my favorite poke from Gen IV. Note that this is the only non-grass type in my team. Looks like I'll be having a looot of trouble in-game, but I don't care~

I'll probably use Miruhoggu as my HMer this gen...

RedJemFlash90
19th September 2010, 5:59 PM
Mijumaru- I'm a water starter guy for the most part, and this thing is just awesome what can I say.
Rankurusu - As soon as I saw this thing I wanted it, I love its design
Doryuuzu- One of the baddest mofos out of these new pokemon. Its ground/steel typing is a plus.
Dentula- I couldn't go without a bug pokemon after seeing how much Gamefreak made awesome ones this gen.
Chandelar-I've wanted a fire/ghost this gen and i got it. Plus this thing has monstrous Special attack.

My last member I'm unsure of, but I'll probably get an idea of pokemon number 6 soon.

CaptainCombusken
19th September 2010, 6:00 PM
I'm posting my team again for two reasons. One, I didn't actually include any reasons for choosing them at all, and two, I kinda want this to also be a "Rate my team" thread. So yeah.

My Team for White:
Otto (Male)
Moveset: Hydro Pump, Megahorn, Blizzard, Surf
This Gen, I surprisingly didn't prefer the Fire starter. I always have in the past, with Water usually coming second followed by the-type-I-never-use-cos-I-can-use-water-and-electric-instead (Grass type). However, seeing as I LOVE otters (as in, they're my second favourite animal EVER) I obviously prefered Mijumaru. This only increased when I saw his Evolutions, even if my first reaction was disgust. I now have grown to love the design and it has a typical Water type's Moveset (Water, Water, Ice, Other type) making it perfect for my needs.

Chiro (Male)
http://www.majhost.com/gallery/nikohesus/Pokemon/528.png
Moveset: Psychic, Psycho Shock, Air Slash, Energy Ball.
As soon as I saw Koromori's design properly (in CoroCoro), I loved it. I loved its happy, cute look. Then, when I set eyes upon Kokoromori, its evolution, I was immediately sure that I was going to use it, especially considering its handy Typing. Chiro will be the second Pokemon for my final team that I catch, although I will be using Baoppu in the early stages of the game, if only to have that type advantage over Dento. While I am at this point, I may as well mention that I will be catching all the Pokemon available when they're available, and I'll keep the best ones in my team until my final team is available. For this reason, I am likely to have Shimama and Zeburaika in my team for a while due to Bachuru's unavailability close to the start of the game.
I have given Kokoromori Energy Ball for a very good reason. because of my dislike for Grass Pokemon, I am constantly in need in all my teams for a Pokemon to take out those pesky Water/Ground types that come up every gen since Swampert was created. Seeing as Kokoromori can learn this via TM, he is ideal for this role. Add onto that the fact that Earthquake cannot hit him and you have a good Moveset there.

Pillar (Male)
http://www.majhost.com/gallery/nikohesus/Pokemon/534.png
Moveset: Focus Punch, Superpower, Stone Edge, Strength
Every gen, I like to have a Fighting type. Fortunately, the past couple of gens I've had my Fire starter to do that job for me, but this Gen I cannot do that any more, so I am resorting to Dookora and its evos (Haha, RESORTING. HECK, I LOVE these guys!). With a good movepool with (to my pleasure) some nice Rock moves, this is going to be a good, solid Pokemon for my team. Plus, it's available early on! My third Pokemon for my final team that i will be able to catch.

Alistair (Male)
Moveset: Outrage, Earthquake, Trickery, Dragon Claw
Since I discovered the beats that is Hippowdon, I've decided that a Ground type is a necessity for me. Ground/Dark is a fantastic typing, especially seeing as it gives a potential for more Dark moves than Bite and Crunch. I loved Meguroko's design upon seeing it, and when I saw its evos, I was certain I wanted it. Serebii hasn't put this is Warubiaru's dex as it's a new an unconfirmed move as of yet, but Warubiaru learns Trickery at level 42. Trickery has a base power of 95 according to a post on Smogon ([M492]Trickery: Physical Dark PP: 15 Power: 95 / Accuracy: 100 Effect: The higher the Target's attack stat, the more damage it deals.), and when you consider in STAB and the fact that the stronger the attack of the foe, the stronger the move, this move makes for a devastator.
To my delight, I discovered my Dragon killer at this point. Warubiaru learns outrage at level 60, and can also learn Dragon Claw via TM. I was particularly happy about that when I saw it. outrage is a great move, I've Spammed it twice now in past games. In my Emerald, which I'm still trying to complete, I had a training disaster and got bored of it. So I brought in Rayquaza and Spammed the elite four with Outrage. I usually get until halfway through the Champion battle before dying.
The second time is much more recently, in HGSS. Kanghaskan this time. it wasn't so much of an ultimate Spam this time, due to the fact that my Kanghaskan was still at the same level as my other Pokemon, but when it came to Lance, I destroyed his Dragonites in quick succession with it. I won't get to pulverise Iris or the Elite four with this due to the fact that I won't be at level 60 when I get to them, but when I do get it, boy is there going to be some fun. Mind you, I still have dragon Claw to give to him before I get Outrage, hopefully it's available before Iris (Please please Please!).

Dolly (Female)
http://www.majhost.com/gallery/nikohesus/Pokemon/555.png
Moveset: Overheat, Focus Blast, Belly Drum, Flare Blitz
I actually much prefer Baokki's design to Hihidaruma. That's why I will diligently keep Baoppu in my team until I can be bothered to go fetch a Darumakka from the desert. But Baokki's woeful moveset has forced me into Hihidaruma. Mind you, don't get me wrong, I am a huge fan of Hihidaruma, and I am going to love using him so much! I will start with a normal Encourage Hihidaruma, but as soon as I complete the main game, I'm switching to a Daruma Mode one. That's the reason for having a non-attacking move, Belly Drum, in my Moveset (Shock horror!). Daruma Mode attack isn't great (Not great? It's awful), but I wanted two fire moves, so I decided to go for Belly Drum to maximize Flare Blitz' capability.

Arachne/Sparky (Female/Male [I haven't decided which I want yet :(]
Moveset: Thunder, Discharge, Bug Buzz, Signal beam
I seriously hope Bachuru is available early on, cos I love this Pokemon. Bug/Electric is such a great Typing, I'm glad they finally got off their ***es and made something interesting. This Gen is the one with the most Electric Pokemon with a secondary typing! It has a MAZZIVE FOUR! Whoa, steady on there! LOL, sorry, I'm slightly crazy. But I'm really excited about it. They've somehow manged the seemingly impossible task of making a Spider look cute. Both of them look cute, but Especially Bachuru. AWWW.....
Yeah, I'm rambling. But seriously, its moveset if really nice. This guy can take down quite a few Pokemon. And it can learn Thunder. I'm really pleased about this.

Firstly, I see no Penis nose. Just an Alligator's. You people need to GROW UP.
Secondly, I respect that you have no opinion, but a team without your starter is going to be real difficult for you... plus you are missing out on some good Pokemon with good Movesets.
Thirdly, I'd like to Point out that Chillarmy isn't available until after the first three gyms at least (as far as I've seen from videos people have posted)
Fourthly, I cannot tell if you are aware of this, but no previous gen Pokemon will be in these games.
Finally, Rodents, as a rule, have only ever been Electric or Normal. Cyndaquil doesn't count, it's based off a hedgehog anyway. That's restricting no far too much.

Grei
19th September 2010, 6:02 PM
...No.

You can't get old Pokemon pre-National Dex, bar the Crown Beasts or Eigakan Celebi, period.

I thought you just couldn't transfer Pokemon from Diamond/Pearl/Platinum/HeartGold/Soulsilver into the games until the National Dex. You're telling me (us) they've put a ban on all non-5th Gen Pokemon trading, even if it's between two copies of Black and White?

Why, then, are you allowed to transfer Pokemon from the Dream World into your game pre-National Dex?

PipBoy
19th September 2010, 6:11 PM
My team: take a look below; will get to the movesets when I find out which moves each has =)
When I see Hihidaruma's alternate psychic form, it may replace one of them.

Ciran
19th September 2010, 6:11 PM
...No.

Actually, you're wrong, you can't use the transfer machine to do it but the pokemon shifter allows you to, as per this page from the site this forum is for:

http://serebii.net/blackwhite/pokeshifter.shtml

Excerpt from such page:
Like the games in Generation IV, Pokémon Black & White have a feature which allows you to transfer Pokémon over from games of the previous generation. This is done in Black & White through the PokéShifter feature. In an as-of-yet undisclosed location of Isshu, there is a building similar to Pal Park of Sinnoh & Kanto where you can connect to past games for the Pokémon

Jirachi Kidd
19th September 2010, 6:12 PM
Is my team any good? take a look at it in my sig pleasee!

PipBoy
19th September 2010, 6:14 PM
Is my team any good? take a look at it in my sig pleasee!

Looking at the stats and types of your, team it is a very good combination excluding the fire monkey which looks like it was rushed when designed.

Pamizard
19th September 2010, 6:16 PM
Here is wat my future White team for English white will be

Mijumaru's last stage, hihidaurma, Zekrom, Ononokusu, Wargle, and The crocodile last stage

Black im still working on (for the english version)

Grei
19th September 2010, 6:20 PM
When I see Hihidaruma's alternate psychic form, it may replace one of them.

On Hihidaruma's Fire/Psychic forme:

Post-national Dex, you can awaken a bunch of 'Darumas' that are somewhere in Isshu (I think it's the desert). They are Hihidarumas in Daruma Forme. These Hihidarumas have an ability that makes them switch into Daruma Forme--which gains the Psychic secondary typing and flips the Attack and Special Attack stats--when their HP drops below half. It looks like this:
http://i51.*******.com/10sai6t.png
Normal Hihidarumas have the Encourage Ability (and thus do not change Forme), but these special Hihidarumas that you gain through an in-game event have the Daruma ability which allows them to change Forme. Hihidarumas from the Dream World also have the Daruma ability.

PipBoy
19th September 2010, 6:25 PM
On Hihidaruma's Fire/Psychic forme:

Post-national Dex, you can awaken a bunch of 'Darumas' that are somewhere in Isshu (I think it's the desert). They are Hihidarumas in Daruma Forme. These Hihidarumas have an ability that makes them switch into Daruma Forme--which gains the Psychic secondary typing and flips the Attack and Special Attack stats--when their HP drops below half. It looks like this:
http://i51.*******.com/10sai6t.png
Normal Hihidarumas have the Encourage Ability, but these special Hihidarumas that you gain through an in-game event have the Daruma ability which allows them to change Forme. Hihidarumas from the Dream World also have the Daruma ability.

Then one of these special 'Darumas' will almost certainly be on my team; that is much cooler than I thought =D Does it keep it's blue colour when it evolves?

Ciran
19th September 2010, 6:26 PM
Firstly, I see no Penis nose. Just an Alligator's. You people need to GROW UP.

Right, because a little immature humor is SUCH a bad thing.

Secondly, I respect that you have no opinion, but a team without your starter is going to be real difficult for you... plus you are missing out on some good Pokemon with good Movesets.

True, but I honestly don't choose my team based on power or move sets or stats. It may be a bad way to play, but it's always gotten me through the games and I really don't do much competitive play, anyways.

Thirdly, I'd like to Point out that Chillarmy isn't available until after the first three gyms at least (as far as I've seen from videos people have posted)
Fourthly, I cannot tell if you are aware of this, but no previous gen Pokemon will be in these games.

Alright, well this I unfortunately did not know...well my cousin will probably zoom through the first few gyms while I'm at work, so I can probably rely on him for one anyways...though then I run into the whole boosted XP/unable to control problem. Eh, if it comes to that, I'll just catch something else and use it until I can get one.

Finally, Rodents, as a rule, have only ever been Electric or Normal. Cyndaquil doesn't count, it's based off a hedgehog anyway. That's restricting no far too much.
Oh, I always figured he was a porcupine, which does fall withing the rodent family. Though the pokedex identifies Cyndaquil as a "fire mouse" pokemon and it's two evolutions as "volcano" pokemon, so with the basic being a mouse, it kind of qualifies it as a rodent in my book.

Tropios
19th September 2010, 6:27 PM
Firstly, I see no Penis nose. Just an Alligator's.
I do and many others too :p, has nothing with immaturity(<- such an overused term)

but i still think its pretty cool :)

im only sure about 3 pokes: mijumaru3, efuruun(the sheep) and hihidaruma
i cant decide on the others, so the moment will pick them.

i looove this gen :D

Dr. Leggs
19th September 2010, 6:27 PM
Team in my signature will probably be the main one.

Ranculus is just a fantastic, creative design, and he's got fair stats, so he's good.

Chandelar is Ghost, my favourite type, and has awesome stats (and his design is really cool).

Roopushin because I barely use Fighting-types, and I really like his design. He reminds me of a leaner, older Slaking for some reason.

Erufuun seems to be based off of the legend of the Barometz, which is one of my favourites, and seems to possibly be a better version of Jumpluff (Mischievous Heart is an awesome ability).

Gigaiath for some of the same reasons as Roopushin; I don't use Rock-types too much either, but this guy's design snagged me right away. Like a cooler, Rock-type Metagross. And his stats (and Sturdy) are pretty sweet.

I don't know why Shubarugo caught my attention, but I really like him, even if he does resemble a Digimon. The whole concept is just cool.

If, perchance, I get both versions, one might be a Psychic/Ghost team of Ranculus, Chandelar, Shinpora, Deathkarn, Oobemu and Gorugg.

But Black/White definitely break the record for number of Pokemon I want to use. My team isn't final; there are others I still really want to use, like:

-Daikenki (Only starter I really like)
-Yanakki (Elvis hair, aww yeah)
-Doryuuzu (Moles are awesome)
-Pendoraa (About time we got an epic Bug/Poison type)
-Doredia (Awesome Bellossom/Roserade fusion)
-Marakacchi (Silly little guy, I really like him)
-Iwaparesu (Interesting concept, cool design)
-Dosutadosu (Hilarious, but cool)
-Bivanilla (I have no Ice-types so far and I don't really like the others)
-Denchula (Awesome typing, and Compoundeyes <3)
-Shibirudon (Gotta love lampreys)
-Kirikizan (Kamen Rider, lolz)
-Ulgamoth (Mothra, anybody?)

So hopefully I'll raise all of them at some point.

Grei
19th September 2010, 6:28 PM
I personally won't use one because it won't be able to avoid recoil damage or stat reduction upon using a move like Flare Blitz or Superpower. I may raise one of each.

Another drawback to the Hihidarumas with the Daruma ability is that you can't get them until you have the National Dex (I think--of course, you could just trade with someone who has a Daruma Hihidaruma).

Meganium
I'm looking at the following:
Futachimaru
Denchura
Kenhorou
Zuruzukin
Tsunabear
Onnokusu

Jirachi Kidd
Looking at the stats and types of your, team it is a very good combination excluding the fire monkey which looks like it was rushed when designed.

I just put the fire monkey in there 'cause i like him out of the other 2 and i wanted to chose Miju as my starter. But, im not gunna use Miju in my team 'cause i hate his final evo.

PipBoy
19th September 2010, 6:30 PM
Then one of these special 'Darumas' will almost certainly be on my team; that is much cooler than I thought =D Does it keep it's blue colour when it evolves?

Scratch that, just read it over again, silly me.

PipBoy
19th September 2010, 6:31 PM

Scratch that, just read it over again, silly me.

PipBoy
19th September 2010, 6:33 PM
I just put the fire monkey in there 'cause i like him out of the other 2 and i wanted to chose Miju as my starter. But, im not gunna use Miju in my team 'cause i hate his final evo.

I personally like Miju's final type, but I never use starters after like the second gym, there is plenty more awesome looking and great statistic pokemon so dont force yourself to choose a monkey. =)

Politoed trainer
19th September 2010, 6:34 PM
My team is in my sig? You guys think it's good?

Jirachi Kidd
19th September 2010, 6:36 PM
I personally like Miju's final type, but I never use starters after like the second gym, there is plenty more awesome looking and great statistic pokemon so dont force yourself to choose a monkey. =)

Kay, i need a surfing pokemon though... i don't have one!

PipBoy
19th September 2010, 6:39 PM
I plan on also using the Turtle fossil alongside my final team, it's rock/water which IMO is a great typing and all my water pokemon know surf. But other surfing pokemon could be Water/Ghost jellyfish or the Swan would be great assets to any team.

Yes I do like mudkipz
19th September 2010, 6:40 PM
Asa gimmick team on Halloween I will use
Denchura
Desukan
Alien
Power ranger
Clown
And candle.

boota212
19th September 2010, 6:46 PM
My In-game (In no way will this be my competive team...unless these pokemon are better then I expect them to be) Pokemon White team (Also, they will all have nicknames...My nicknames just are a *bit* too lude though...):
http://pokemonblackandwhite.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/polarbear.png My first team member. I am a massive fan of Ice types and the fact that they made a Polar Bear is just great...AND HE HAS A BEARD. =D =D
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/2/23/530Doryuuzu.png My second team member, the ever popular mole pokemon. I really just enjoy him for his apperance....You really do have to enjoy him and his giant claws of doom.
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/5/5a/Rankurusu.png It's an udeveloped baby floating in lime jello, what's not to love about him? He's also a pychic type, which is always good.
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/7/77/Mijumaru_evolutions.jpgI can't believe I almost forgot my starter. As amazing as this may sound, this is my first ever water type starter...and I've been playing since the first generation. Emboar just was far too bland for me though, so, I had to choose the ninja otter, Daikenki. (I couldn't find a picture of him by himself. C'mon Nintendo, isn't a LITTLE copy right infringement okay?)
http://www.pokecharms.com/games/images/e/eb/BW_Fr_558.png My genral rule with pokemon is, the stupider it looks, the more I desire it. So when I saw this little fella, you can believe how happy I was.
http://www.pokecharms.com/games/images/2/20/BW_Fr_609.png My favorite fourth generation pokemon was Rotom (He was maniacal AND adorable, and I am not one for calling pokemon "cute.") and Shanderaa reminds me of him so much, I just had to place him on my team.
Also: While this may not be THE BEST way to pick a team, this is the way I've been choosing in-game teams since generation one. My mind frame is very simple when it comes to this. My competitive team is another story...Speaking of which, I may post that once I decide upon it.

BLADEDGE
19th September 2010, 6:47 PM
I'm Gonna go with a Well Balanced team for both Versions

Whay do you think?

DSRGBA
19th September 2010, 6:50 PM
Jaroda (Grass Starter) - Always went for the grass starter for each new region so that is not going to change.
Hiyakki (Water Monkey) - Quite like it and will help with the first gym a lot.
Hihidaruma (Fire daruma monkey) - Really wanted the psychic type version but it seems that I will not be able to get that till post-game. A shame because I have a few pure type pokemon already.
Tsunbeea (Ice polar bear) - 90&#37; sure I am getting this bear as Ice types are quite useful and looks like an ice type will be essential for the last gym.
Barujiina (Dark/Flying vulture) - My most preferred flying type but do not know If I can catch a Baruchai during the main quest. (Level 54 evolution 0_0)

Now where it gets tricky:

Denchura (Bug/Electric spider) or Shibirudon (Electric Eel) - Love both pokemon and their designs but I cannot decide between the addition of an extra typing to my team (which I need) or to have an electric type with levitate. Decisions,decisions.......

Anyway what do you think?

CaptainCombusken
19th September 2010, 6:50 PM
True, but I honestly don't choose my team based on power or move sets or stats. It may be a bad way to play, but it's always gotten me through the games and I really don't do much competitive play, anyways.

Oh, I always figured he was a porcupine, which does fall withing the rodent family. Though the pokedex identifies Cyndaquil as a "fire mouse" pokemon and it's two evolutions as "volcano" pokemon, so with the basic being a mouse, it kind of qualifies it as a rodent in my book.
I'm not a competitive battler either, but I still believe that stats and movepools are important.
Whether it's a rodent or not, you still need an even team in my eyes. Plus, you can't get Cyndaquil until quite far into the story.

You have two Dragon Pokemon which is unecessary. Get rid of one and add a water. Abagoora, the fossil turtle, would be great here. Swana would be better for you with your lack of a flying type.
Also, I notice you have two dark pokes. And nothing to defeat Water. Jus' sayin'.

Lorde
19th September 2010, 7:07 PM
My current team, although still in it's first stages, looks something like this. I plan on adding some new Pokemon over time though, probably after I beat the Elite Four and have a chance to capture older Pokemon again.

Current team:
Futachimaru level 23
Shimama level 19
Baoppu level 19
Koromori level 14
Mamepato level 20

Pandycoon
19th September 2010, 7:08 PM
My signature :D
Hope they're available early on.

Princess Milotic☆
19th September 2010, 7:13 PM
I need a good looking Fly pokemon, any old flying pokemon there?
Lol, i can go for a 2nd staraptor

Ciran
19th September 2010, 7:13 PM
I'm not a competitive battler either, but I still believe that stats and movepools are important.
Whether it's a rodent or not, you still need an even team in my eyes. Plus, you can't get Cyndaquil until quite far into the story.

Oh, they can be, I've just noticed that more often than not, they're not all that important. Also the rodent team is an eventual goal for me, most of the pokemon that other people are listing aren't available right out of the gate either, so I think it's fair to assume nobody expects to get their dream team right away and I'm no exception. Through a lot of the game I'll be using pokemon that I catch, and I'll just acquire the others as soon as I can, whenever that may be.

Kokoromori
19th September 2010, 7:14 PM
Because I can't quite remember the final evolutions, I want to have a team with:
Tsutaja, Koromori, Meguroku, Bachuru, Futsude, and Hitomoshi. <3

PipBoy
19th September 2010, 7:17 PM
Would you class the mole pokemon as a rodent?

mangaeyes
19th September 2010, 7:22 PM
Emboar http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/500.png
Even though his typing has been done twice before, I've never chosen the fire starter. It will be a nice change...plus its stats are pretty good!
Desukan http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/563.png
Simply because I love its design.
Swanna http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/581.png
My surfer and my flyer.
Gamageroge http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/537.png
I think I've always had a water-ground Pokemon on my in-game team - they make good waterfall climbers!
Kirikizan http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/625.png
Awesome typing, awesome design, awesome stats. Whats not to like?
Zeburaika http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/523.png
Hopefully it will be Luxray v2. because Luxray helped me out a lot in Diamond.

Tell me what you think about my team. None of them are legendary are they? I don't really want any legendary Pokemon because I hope to catch all of these early on in the game!

Grei
19th September 2010, 7:24 PM
I think I'm going to try to get Tsutarja and Shikijika through the Dream World. Their Dream World abilities are too amazing to pass up. Tsutarja, being a speedy tank, would have Perversity, which would allow him to sharply raise it's Special Attack upon using Leaf Storm. That's awesome.

As for Shikijika, Serene Grace is always a good ability to have. I'll just try to give it moves with secondary effects.

On the flipside, I won't use a Wargle, Hihidaruma, or Tabunne I find in the Dream World. Their DW abilities aren't nearly as helpful as their in-game ones.

Emboar http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/500.png
Even though his typing has been done twice before, I've never chosen the fire starter. It will be a nice change...plus its stats are pretty good!
Desukan http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/563.png
Simply because I love its design.
Swanna http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/581.png
My surfer and my flyer.
Gamageroge http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/537.png
I think I've always had a water-ground Pokemon on my in-game team - they make good waterfall climbers!
Kirikizan http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/625.png
Awesome typing, awesome design, awesome stats. Whats not to like?
Zeburaika http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/523.png
Hopefully it will be Luxray v2. because Luxray helped me out a lot in Diamond.

Tell me what you think about my team. None of them are legendary are they? I don't really want any legendary Pokemon because I hope to catch all of these early on in the game!

I think it's a very nice team. You have two Water-types and two Fighting-types but doubling up types isn't always a bad thing. I think it's pretty well-rounded overall. If you were willing to try and go with a different Fly-er, I would think Wargle or Kenhorou would both be good choices. In that case, Gamageroge would be your Surf-er and your Waterfall Climber. I only suggest that because of Swana's 4x weakness to Electricity--Wargle and Kenhorou are both Normal/Flying (so only 2x weakness) and are very strong Fly-ers.

Ungoliath
19th September 2010, 7:26 PM
It's hard to me say now who is In and Out, I need to try them out and see with which ones I'm comfortable with and who fits my overall team. That's why I'm gonna probably try every Pokemon as I did with the previous generation.

Seeing also that this generation has quite interesting ghosts (Which is my favorite type) I need to resolve my strategy and how I stand as trainer before other trainers. What is my insight on battle and how I can apply it with the Pokemon I like and can make work out this generation.

PD: Penises guys and gals? Really? You need Sex Education basics. That's not how a penis look like. It's how people draw them to show their fallic fixation.

Lorde
19th September 2010, 7:28 PM
The problem I have with building teams in the early stages of Black and White is the lack of diversity at the beginning of the games. All I'm really finding right now in Black, which I just restarted, are Minezumi, Yooterii, and Choroneko and by the time I reached Sanyou City, that's all I really had, and my Starter. You get a monkey near Sanyou City to help you defeat the Gym Leader at the Gym but there's such a lack of good Pokemon until after the first gym when Mamepato, Shimama, and Koromori finally appear :s

Treecko Girl
19th September 2010, 7:29 PM
I think I'll stick with my starter (Tsutarja, probably), and Kibago.
I've found that the fewer Pok&#233;mon on team, the better, no matter what anyone says.
I'll go up to six after I defeat the league.

Raichu111092
19th September 2010, 7:30 PM
Leparasudu. (I love the concept of a black cat, and this guy's just awesome. Can't wait to teach it things like Dark Pulse.)

Well, after looking at the new TM list, it would appear that Dark Pulse is no longer available as a TM.

So... why does this guy know Nasty Plot?

Shneak
19th September 2010, 7:46 PM
In my sig.

Might switch the deer for something else though, but basically everything is set in stone.

Ciran
19th September 2010, 7:48 PM
PD: Penises guys and gals? Really? You need Sex Education basics. That's not how a penis look like. It's how people draw them to show their fallic fixation.

And you need a psychology/philosophy class. Or an art class would suffice. Just because something doesn't look completely, 100% accurate doesn't mean it can't be derived or translated as such. The game this whole thread is about is a perfect example of this.

Suerte17
19th September 2010, 7:51 PM
Tsutarja/Mijumaru
Denchura
Wargle
Rankurusu/Shandaree (sp?)
Mamanbou (if I chose Tsutarja)/Another type
HM slave

I want to have Pokémon that I like on my team. I don't like a lot of the designs, so I want to use my favorites.

bleeding-chocobo
19th September 2010, 8:26 PM
Where's everyone getting the sprites for their teams that they're posting? :)

tinyhulk
19th September 2010, 8:31 PM
My Pokemon Black team is in my signature.
Those were easy choices.
As for my White team, I'm a little more indecisive.
Right now I'm thinking :
Emboar
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/b/be/500.png
Yanakki
http://www.pokecharms.com/games/images/9/9b/BW_Fr_512.png
Aakeosu
http://www.pokecharms.com/games/images/f/f5/BW_Fr_567.png
Baffuron
http://www.pokecharms.com/games/images/3/3b/BW_Fr_626.png
Warubiaru
http://www.pokecharms.com/games/images/9/9e/BW_Fr_553.png
Gamageroge (likely to change)
http://www.pokecharms.com/games/images/0/05/BW_Fr_537.png

any of these are subject to change and critique/suggestions on who to change are greatly appreciated.

Politoed trainer
19th September 2010, 8:32 PM
Where's everyone getting the sprites for their teams that they're posting? :)

Santa!~!

But in all seriousness go to pokejungle.net and you can take them from there. Just drag the sprite to the tab, and it'll be copy and pastable.

http://pokejungle.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/621.png

WHY HELLO THERE

bleeding-chocobo
19th September 2010, 8:34 PM
Santa!~!

But in all seriousness go to pokejungle.net and you can take them from there. Just drag the sprite to the tab, and it'll be copy and pastable.

WHY HELLO THERE

Okay. Thanks. :)

Gligari
19th September 2010, 8:36 PM
I'm posting my team again for two reasons. One, I didn't actually include any reasons for choosing them at all, and two, I kinda want this to also be a "Rate my team" thread. So yeah.

My Team for White:
Otto (Male)
Moveset: ?, Megahorn, Blizzard, Surf Surf and hydro is bad
This Gen, I surprisingly didn't prefer the Fire starter. I always have in the past, with Water usually coming second followed by the-type-I-never-use-cos-I-can-use-water-and-electric-instead (Grass type). However, seeing as I LOVE otters (as in, they're my second favourite animal EVER) I obviously prefered Mijumaru. This only increased when I saw his Evolutions, even if my first reaction was disgust. I now have grown to love the design and it has a typical Water type's Moveset (Water, Water, Ice, Other type) making it perfect for my needs.

Chiro (Male)
http://www.majhost.com/gallery/nikohesus/Pokemon/528.png
Moveset: Psychic, Psycho ShockProbably not this move if it isnt as good as psychic, Air Slash, Energy Ball.
As soon as I saw Koromori's design properly (in CoroCoro), I loved it. I loved its happy, cute look. Then, when I set eyes upon Kokoromori, its evolution, I was immediately sure that I was going to use it, especially considering its handy Typing. Chiro will be the second Pokemon for my final team that I catch, although I will be using Baoppu in the early stages of the game, if only to have that type advantage over Dento. While I am at this point, I may as well mention that I will be catching all the Pokemon available when they're available, and I'll keep the best ones in my team until my final team is available. For this reason, I am likely to have Shimama and Zeburaika in my team for a while due to Bachuru's unavailability close to the start of the game.
I have given Kokoromori Energy Ball for a very good reason. because of my dislike for Grass Pokemon, I am constantly in need in all my teams for a Pokemon to take out those pesky Water/Ground types that come up every gen since Swampert was created. Seeing as Kokoromori can learn this via TM, he is ideal for this role. Add onto that the fact that Earthquake cannot hit him and you have a good Moveset there.

Pillar (Male)
http://www.majhost.com/gallery/nikohesus/Pokemon/534.png
Moveset: An elemental punch if availabile, Brick Break, Stone Edge, Swords dance
Every gen, I like to have a Fighting type. Fortunately, the past couple of gens I've had my Fire starter to do that job for me, but this Gen I cannot do that any more, so I am resorting to Dookora and its evos (Haha, RESORTING. HECK, I LOVE these guys!). With a good movepool with (to my pleasure) some nice Rock moves, this is going to be a good, solid Pokemon for my team. Plus, it's available early on! My third Pokemon for my final team that i will be able to catch.

Alistair (Male)
Moveset: Outrage, Earthquake, trickery Crunch.
Since I discovered the beats that is Hippowdon, I've decided that a Ground type is a necessity for me. Ground/Dark is a fantastic typing, especially seeing as it gives a potential for more Dark moves than Bite and Crunch. I loved Meguroko's design upon seeing it, and when I saw its evos, I was certain I wanted it. Serebii hasn't put this is Warubiaru's dex as it's a new an unconfirmed move as of yet, but Warubiaru learns Trickery at level 42. Trickery has a base power of 95 according to a post on Smogon ([M492]Trickery: Physical Dark PP: 15 Power: 95 / Accuracy: 100 Effect: The higher the Target's attack stat, the more damage it deals.), and when you consider in STAB and the fact that the stronger the attack of the foe, the stronger the move, this move makes for a devastator.
To my delight, I discovered my Dragon killer at this point. Warubiaru learns outrage at level 60, and can also learn Dragon Claw via TM. I was particularly happy about that when I saw it. outrage is a great move, I've Spammed it twice now in past games. In my Emerald, which I'm still trying to complete, I had a training disaster and got bored of it. So I brought in Rayquaza and Spammed the elite four with Outrage. I usually get until halfway through the Champion battle before dying.
The second time is much more recently, in HGSS. Kanghaskan this time. it wasn't so much of an ultimate Spam this time, due to the fact that my Kanghaskan was still at the same level as my other Pokemon, but when it came to Lance, I destroyed his Dragonites in quick succession with it. I won't get to pulverise Iris or the Elite four with this due to the fact that I won't be at level 60 when I get to them, but when I do get it, boy is there going to be some fun. Mind you, I still have dragon Claw to give to him before I get Outrage, hopefully it's available before Iris (Please please Please!).

Dolly (Female)
http://www.majhost.com/gallery/nikohesus/Pokemon/555.png
Moveset: Flamethrower, Focus Blast, Swagger Psychic
I actually much prefer Baokki's design to Hihidaruma. That's why I will diligently keep Baoppu in my team until I can be bothered to go fetch a Darumakka from the desert. But Baokki's woeful moveset has forced me into Hihidaruma. Mind you, don't get me wrong, I am a huge fan of Hihidaruma, and I am going to love using him so much! I will start with a normal Encourage Hihidaruma, but as soon as I complete the main game, I'm switching to a Daruma Mode one. That's the reason for having a non-attacking move, Belly Drum, in my Moveset (Shock horror!). Daruma Mode attack isn't great (Not great? It's awful), but I wanted two fire moves, so I decided to go for Belly Drum to maximize Flare Blitz' capability.

Arachne/Sparky (Female/Male [I haven't decided which I want yet :(]
Moveset: Thunder, Thunder Wave, Bug Buzz, ?
Beleive me with bug buzz you wont use signal beam
I seriously hope Bachuru is available early on, cos I love this Pokemon. Bug/Electric is such a great Typing, I'm glad they finally got off their ***es and made something interesting. This Gen is the one with the most Electric Pokemon with a secondary typing! It has a MAZZIVE FOUR! Whoa, steady on there! LOL, sorry, I'm slightly crazy. But I'm really excited about it. They've somehow manged the seemingly impossible task of making a Spider look cute. Both of them look cute, but Especially Bachuru. AWWW.....
Yeah, I'm rambling. But seriously, its moveset if really nice. This guy can take down quite a few Pokemon. And it can learn Thunder. I'm really pleased about this.

Firstly, I see a nose. Just an Alligator's. You people need to GROW UP.

Hey I know this isnt a team rate but um if you dont mind me asking why did you choose these attacks? Your team needs this

PipBoy
19th September 2010, 8:54 PM
Please rate, criticize and suggest improvements on my team =)

Nacreous
19th September 2010, 8:54 PM
So...

Daikenki-the first starter that I really like

Hahakurimo-this is my favourite pkmn!I love its type,its design,its lvl up moves,its stats...awesome!

Kokoromori-cute...it doesn't have the best stats but at least it gets Calm Mind

For the rest...I'll have to think about it.I never use a full team so the rest will prob just be HM slaves>.>

bleeding-chocobo
19th September 2010, 8:55 PM
A re-post of my team.

http://pokejungle.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/503.png

My starter. Started off hating this guy, but then I grew to love him. He's got decent attack (although his Sp.Attk seems to be better, by 8 points.) So, I'm not sure what his moveset should be.

http://pokejungle.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/620.png

He looks amazing. Love his design, plus his movepool is pretty good too.

http://pokejungle.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/586.png

The Normal/Grass typing caught my interest. And he looks plain awesome on top of that. He's got a pretty good movepool, and he'll be a good grass type, I think.

http://pokejungle.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/604.png

This was pure awesome-ness. It's got Levitate, so that's cool. Plus, it looks flippin' awesome as hell.

http://pokejungle.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/637.png

Her typing is very creative, and her movepool is pretty good too. Totally using this one. Plus, I need a Fire-type on hand.

http://pokejungle.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/612.png

Orignally was going to use Sazando, but decided against it. I'm sticking with this guy, for sure.

So, what do you guys think? I might switch one of these out for a Flying-type Pokemon, since I don't have one in planning. :/

Nibbles4Ever
19th September 2010, 8:59 PM
I don't know their names but these are what might be in my team:

Grass starter
Ground crocadile
fossil turtle
pidgeon type pokemon you get early
electric zebra
dragon pokemon with a bone in it's mouth

PipBoy
19th September 2010, 9:00 PM
A re-post of my team.

http://pokejungle.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/503.png

My starter. Started off hating this guy, but then I grew to love him. He's got decent attack (although his Sp.Attk seems to be better, by 8 points.) So, I'm not sure what his moveset should be.

http://pokejungle.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/620.png

He looks amazing. Love his design, plus his movepool is pretty good too.

http://pokejungle.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/586.png

The Normal/Grass typing caught my interest. And he looks plain awesome on top of that. He's got a pretty good movepool, and he'll be a good grass type, I think.

http://pokejungle.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/604.png

This was pure awesome-ness. It's got Levitate, so that's cool. Plus, it looks flippin' awesome as hell.

http://pokejungle.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/637.png

Her typing is very creative, and her movepool is pretty good too. Totally using this one. Plus, I need a Fire-type on hand.

http://pokejungle.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/612.png

Orignally was going to use Sazando, but decided against it. I'm sticking with this guy, for sure.

So, what do you guys think? I might switch one of these out for a Flying-type Pokemon, since I don't have one in planning. :/
If you are adding a flying type, I personally would reccomend the vulture, it has a great typing, decent stats and I'm guessing it's movepool will turn out good; but the rest of your team is great although I don't like using starters throughout the game :/

Grei
19th September 2010, 9:01 PM
If you are adding a flying type, I personally would reccomend the vulture, it has a great typing, decent stats and I'm guessing it's movepool will turn out good; but the rest of your team is great although I don't like using starters throughout the game :/

I don't see why not; the Starters are always some of the strongest Pokemon in the game.

Ungoliath
19th September 2010, 9:05 PM
And you need a psychology/philosophy class. Or an art class would suffice. Just because something doesn't look completely, 100% accurate doesn't mean it can't be derived or translated as such. The game this whole thread is about is a perfect example of this.
Luckily for me, my psychology knowledge is what made me say what I said. Fallic Fixation is something common between youngster people just to prove some determinate point of their sexuality.
To say more about the topic, you can relate almost everything with sex or penises. That doesn't mean you have to relate with it anyway.

PipBoy
19th September 2010, 9:07 PM
I don't see why not; the Starters are always some of the strongest Pokemon in the game.

It's my own opinion, I don't mind other people using them, but I just dont like using Starters or over-used pokemon :/

bleeding-chocobo
19th September 2010, 9:08 PM

I'm keeping my Starter. I always do. But, yeah, I'll switch one of them out for a Flyer...not sure which, though.

thyler
19th September 2010, 9:17 PM
its so hard to choose what it will be

Ungoliath
19th September 2010, 9:19 PM
It's my own opinion, I don't mind other people using them, but I just dont like using Starters or over-used pokemon :/
I totally follow your logic. I tend to use my starter in game but never keeping it for my "formal" team.
OU is just plain boring.

Copley Hill Gym
19th September 2010, 9:24 PM
My team is as follows:

1. Daikenki
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff111/simierskiUK/503.png

Starter Pokemon and water type of the team. Generally for a first run through, you need a Pokemon that can use the water HMs (Surf/waterfall/dive), and also be quite tough on its own. The base stats are halfway decent, it'll be UU I am sure, not OU. For a first run through, gets my vote as a mixed sweeper (stab Surf and Waterfall for the special/physical split, whilst perhaps changing the last two moves to focus on powering up, or defending).

2. Zeburaika
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff111/simierskiUK/523h.png

Epic speed base stat for such a common Pokemon, found early on, and a decent attack stat to match. This is what Electivire could have been, I'm finding the base stats of this Pokemon to be overall better than the range that Electivire offers. For a first run through, I consider this Pokemon a must.

3. Mebukijika
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff111/simierskiUK/586.png

The Normal/Grass typing piqued my interest, as did its base stats. Overall, it's not going to win awards for high power or interest. But with an immunity to ghost Pokemon - which will figure highly in the metagame, I am sure - it'll prove an interesting matchup. Decent HP, Attack and Speed base stats means it fulfills a similar role to Zeburaika, in some ways, but with the focus on a greater range of attacks including, but not limited to, Stab Double Edge, Megahorn, Jump Kick, and, hopefully, a physical Grass move for extra Stab.

4. Aakeosu
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff111/simierskiUK/567.png

To put it simply: this Pokemon fulfills the hard hitting role of Aerodactyl, except with a better base stat spread, and from what I can see in the level up moves, a better movepool. U-Turn, Dragon Claw, Crunch and Rock Slide give a hard hitting, speedy sweeper with the ability to do some serious damage, whilst also offering a way of escaping potential K/Os with U-turn.

5. Gigigear
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff111/simierskiUK/601.png

Defensive wall of the team. To put it simply - awesome. The base stats on this thing have a great spread - minus special attack which will simply remain unused anyway. HP, Attack and Defense to be EV trained, possibly in a similar manner to Rampardos/Bastiodon as it has some semblance of moveset potential/usability similar to the two. The level up movesets are terrible - all special attacks! But I am confident that it will learn physical moves which will fulfill its potential.

6. Ononokusu
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff111/simierskiUK/612q.png

To put it simply - checking the Attack stat list on the website - this fella should be in every team. Huge attack stat, with high speed (only 5 slower than Garchomp), and the potential to rip apart teams with ease, with an incredible moveset that includes a OHKO move, and many very powerful physical attacks.

If you're not using this Pokemon, but are playing against him, fear him. Seriously. I've not played the game yet and I can guarantee this is going to be the Garchomp of this generation - overused, overpowered, and later by Smogon rules - Uber class.

If anyone would care to give me some feedback on my proposed team, I'd be most appreciative :)

PipBoy
19th September 2010, 9:24 PM
I totally follow your logic. I tend to use my starter in game but never keeping it for my "formal" team.
OU is just plain boring.
Exactly! My team in SS consisted of Ludicolo, Grumpig, Espeon, Umbreon, Gardevoir and Girafarig. I made good use of them all despite half of them being fairly weak, and using good tactics I won most games. I don't like OU pokemon simply because they are OU and when I play with my friends I ban Starters, OU pokemon and legends :p

Snuffz
19th September 2010, 9:25 PM
Kenouro/Wargle
Abagoora
Mebukijika
Tsunbeaa
Emboar/Kuitaran/Urugamosu (I'm a bit iffy on fire types this gen, but I like to have one)
Zoroark/Leperasudu (Depending on whether I can get a Zoroark)

bleeding-chocobo
19th September 2010, 9:27 PM
If anyone would care to give me some feedback on my proposed team, I'd be most appreciative :)

Your team looks pretty balanced to me.

The_Boss_Giygas
19th September 2010, 9:27 PM
I like spooky/creepy like pokemon, so this is my planned team.
http://www.majhost.com/gallery/nikohesus/Pokemon/545.png http://www.majhost.com/gallery/nikohesus/Pokemon/537.png http://www.majhost.com/gallery/nikohesus/Pokemon/561.png http://www.majhost.com/gallery/nikohesus/Pokemon/563.png http://www.majhost.com/gallery/nikohesus/Pokemon/598.png http://www.majhost.com/gallery/nikohesus/Pokemon/609.png
Creepy centipedes, ugly scary toads, mysterious object thing, undead egyptian mummies, Spiky tentacles, and a haunted mansion chandelier, it's halloween for us every day.
I'll have an HM slave seperate that I'll only bring along when I need it, but for main fights and by the time I get to the elite 4 this is what I'll use.

PipBoy
19th September 2010, 9:28 PM

I personally would swap gear for, Nattlei
( http://pokemon.marriland.com/black_white/pokedex/598/) It give you an extra type and there fora better movepool, it has better defence and sp. def than gear for defensive wall and it's physical attack is not too shabby either. But the rest of your team I have no criticism for, please share your criticizm with mine in my sig below.

D*N
19th September 2010, 9:28 PM

If I look at your signature, I guess there some pokemon on it that are going to be over-used.

PipBoy
19th September 2010, 9:31 PM
If I look at your signature, I guess there some pokemon on it that are going to be over-used.

At the moment my team is based purely on IMO the best looking pokemon and are subject to change once I see movepools and how much they are used etc.

D*N
19th September 2010, 9:33 PM
At the moment my team is based purely on IMO the best looking pokemon and are subject to change once I see movepools and how much they are used etc.

ok, so your trying it out.
That's good.
I'll just go with my favorites, overused or not. ( that's me)

davidxrawr
19th September 2010, 9:36 PM
Well my team is in my signature. Besides the starter, legendaries, and the fossil whats the best water or ice type?

PipBoy
19th September 2010, 9:39 PM
Well my team is in my signature. Besides the starter, legendaries, and the fossil whats the best water or ice type?

I think you listed most of them xD I'd have to say the Frog thing out of: Frog, Ghost/WaterJellyfish, Evil fish, Swana and Luvdisc wannabe.

Shiny Espeon0429
19th September 2010, 9:39 PM
Daikenki - (even though I hate it's moustache! I mean I wouldn't mind it if it weren't there, but it makes it look so stupid)
Denchura - looks awesome
Doryuuzu - AWESOME! END OF!
Waribiaru - Dark/Ground = Brilliant! Can't wait for this!

I always use new gen pokemon, so not sure on my final two pokemon, but may use a dragon.

EDIT:

2 Questions:

1. Does anyone know if Zorua is avaliable without the movie related pokemon? IE, in game?
2. Does anyone know when Nintendo will allow 5th gen images to be shown on the site? People keep mentioning pokemon and I can't see who they are talking about because no images are up on the site...

Ungoliath
19th September 2010, 9:43 PM
Exactly! My team in SS consisted of Ludicolo, Grumpig, Espeon, Umbreon, Gardevoir and Girafarig. I made good use of them all despite half of them being fairly weak, and using good tactics I won most games. I don't like OU pokemon simply because they are OU and when I play with my friends I ban Starters, OU pokemon and legends :p
You win love points for using Girafarig. Such a cool Pokemon. Grumpig too <3
I don't ban starters or OU, I just ban Legendaries with the only logic that if I were on Pokemon World I doubt there would be that many Legendaries roaming around in every other team and their neighbors and cousins.

And I lied when I said I was unsure about my Black and White Team. I DO know what Pokemon will be surely there.

Copley Hill Gym
19th September 2010, 9:45 PM
I personally would swap gear for, Nattlei
( http://pokemon.marriland.com/black_white/pokedex/598/) It give you an extra type and there fora better movepool, it has better defence and sp. def than gear for defensive wall and it's physical attack is not too shabby either. But the rest of your team I have no criticism for, please share your criticizm with mine in my sig below.

That's a very fair point Pipboy, I'll take another look at that Pokemon and come back to you on that.

I'll rate your team shortly, I'll update this post with my full response in due course :)

cottageboy789
19th September 2010, 9:47 PM
VIEW SIG

Any suggestions?

Beck
19th September 2010, 9:48 PM
Posting in this thread.

My tentative team is in my signature. There's quite a few others, however, that I'm thinking about swapping in. This is the first generation that I've had a tough time deciding exactly who will make the cut.

Johto King
19th September 2010, 9:49 PM
My team is posted below. After long consideration i finnally picked a batch that seem to work together. Great Type coverage.

Ungoliath
19th September 2010, 9:51 PM
Some of us have view signatures disabled. Care to post it within your post for further analysis and what movepool are you looking for?

D*N
19th September 2010, 9:53 PM
You win love points for using Girafarig. Such a cool Pokemon. Grumpig too <3
I don't ban starters or OU, I just ban Legendaries with the only logic that if I were on Pokemon World I doubt there would be that many Legendaries roaming around in every other team and their neighbors and cousins.

And I lied when I said I was unsure about my Black and White Team. I DO know what Pokemon will be surely there.

I also hate to use legends in your team.
That's so ehm...unnatural.

Johto King
19th September 2010, 9:53 PM
VIEW SIG

Any suggestions?

Zekrom? really? pretty good type coverage but, lose the fighting guy with the pillars in its hands.

Rerbren
19th September 2010, 9:56 PM
You can see my Black team in my signature, but my White team (I fully intend to get both versions) is as follows:
Emboar: I prefer Daikenki just a bit more, but Emboar is still awesome, and it gets you a Yanappu. Plus my friend is probably choosing Mijumaru.
Yanakki: Easily one of the coolest pokemon ever! I am really loving this gen's grass types.
Swana: This pokemon is not completely ideal, but I still like it alot. It will serve as both my flyer and, if it can learn it, surfer.
Doryuuzu: Ground is one of my favorite types and this pokemon is way too cool to refuse. I don't really like the fact that it is still vulnerable to fire, though.
Denchura: I usually don't go with an electric type on my team, but again, this one is too cool to refuse.
Desukan: I would have chosen Shanderaa, but I already have Emboar, so Desukan is my second choice.

cottageboy789
19th September 2010, 9:56 PM
Zekrom? really? pretty good type coverage but, lose the fighting guy with the pillars in its hands.

Yeah, i'll probably use Ononokosu before the E4. Who should I use instead?
I'm not a competitive battler at all.

Beck
19th September 2010, 9:58 PM
Some of us have view signatures disabled. Care to post it within your post for further analysis and what movepool are you looking for?

Sorry - I didn't even consider those who have view signatures disabled. Below is my tentative team, like said before. As for the pre-national part of the game (i.e. before the Elite Four), I choose my Pokemon soley on looks. The movepools will come, and I'll undoubtably change it up when I begin to battle competitively, and train with EVs and IVs.

http://pokejungle.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/503.pnghttp://pokejungle.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/521.pnghttp://pokejungle.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/526.pnghttp://pokejungle.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/534.pnghttp://pokejungle.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/579.pnghttp://pokejungle.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/612.png

D*N
19th September 2010, 9:58 PM
You can see my Black team in my signature, but my White team (I fully intend to get both versions) is as follows:
Emboar: I prefer Daikenki just a bit more, but Emboar is still awesome, and it gets you a Yanappu. Plus my friend is probably choosing Mijumaru.
Yanakki: Easily one of the coolest pokemon ever! I am really loving this gen's grass types.
Swana: This pokemon is not completely ideal, but I still like it alot. It will serve as both my flyer and, if it can learn it, surfer. I'm not getting my hopes up for surf because Pelepper couldn't learn it.
Doryuuzu: Ground is one of my favorite types and this pokemon is way to cool to refuse. I don't really like the fact that it is still vulnerable to fire, though.
Denchura: I usually don't go with an electric type on my team, but again, this one is too cool to refuse.
Desukan: I would have chosen Shanderaa, but I already have Emboar, so Desukan is my second choice.

pelipper could use surf.
And desukan feels bad that it's second choice:D.

bleeding-chocobo
19th September 2010, 10:01 PM
I changed my team around. :) It's in my sig. What do you think? I might change Shibirudon with Dechura, though. I also wanna add Shanderra in there somewhere...but then I'd have to give up a Pokemon. :p

PipBoy
19th September 2010, 10:02 PM
That's a very fair point Pipboy, I'll take another look at that Pokemon and come back to you on that.

I'll rate your team shortly, I'll update this post with my full response in due course :)

I dont want to criticize too much but I would also swap Your Zebra with Shibildon ( http://pokemon.marriland.com/black_white/pokedex/604/ ) It only loss is speed but it has better stats in everything else and has a better ability which avoids it being damaged by it's ONLY weakness, lightning rod on your Zebra is useless unless you plan to double battle all the time. But If you chose it for it's looks etc, stick with it =)

davidxrawr
19th September 2010, 10:02 PM
My team is posted below. After long consideration i finnally picked a batch that seem to work together. Great Type coverage.
EXCELLENT TEAM! (almost identical to mine XD) I suggest getting rid of polar bear since you can use Daikenki for ice type moves. Maybe add a flying type or electric type for those are useful as well =]

Wordy
19th September 2010, 10:08 PM
Rate please, peoples! Any queries, just holler/type.

Firstly, if anybody wants to do an indepth moveset check etc. I've compiled everything in my sig so... no need to ask if anything learns a specific move!

My planned team:

http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/497.png
Jaroda- My starter. I always like the defensive based starter more than the offensive-based ones, and this one is no exception. I like her stat spread and how it is a Speedy Tank, so to speak. Calm Mind/Light Screen/Toxic/Energy Ball will probably be my set of choice, even though it doesn't have the best coverage in the world, a 2x boosted STAB Energy Ball will still put a dent in anything, with them being unable to put a dent in me. I may change out Toxic for something else, like maybe Reflect to raise defenses.

http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/528.png
Kokoromori- I adore this one. Despite the overall average stats and less-than-stellar movepool, I still think that it has a niche as an annoyer and a first-turn Thunder Wave will irritate anyone, except if they train Grounds. It'll probably know Thunder Wave/Psychic/Air Slash/Psycho Shock for neat coverage and a STAB way to hit both defenses depending on which one is weaker. It may learn Calm Mind instead of Psycho Shock.

...But wait, guess what? The new Aiming Mark item allows Thunder Wave to hit Grounds and Psychic-type moves to hit Darks! Hurrah for new items!

http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/581.png
Swanna- Laaa. I'll name mine 'Valkyrie' and use her in Musicals a lot. This one is a bit trickier to plan for, but it'll have a neutral nature and learn Surf, Fly, Roost and Ice Beam. I was debating Tailwind, but most of mine are pretty fast or use their low speed to their advantage, or possibly even that new Uber move, Boiling Water, with it's close to 1/3 chance of burning. So that is superduperawesome. Sheesh, Hiyappu? Who wants Hiyappu?

http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/609.png
Shanderaa- Does anybody NOT want one of these? Clearly up for the best of Gen V awards, and on top of its design it is a BEAST- 145 Base Sp. Atk? Yes please! It offers great coverage with Flamethrower/Shadow Ball/Psychic/Pain Split, and fills a niche left in my Fire/Water/Grass triangle which isn't always filled. I was debating between this and Desukan for a while, but I'll use Desukan in Grey.

http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/579.png
Rankurusu- The cute homunculus! I absolutely love him to bits. I would use Gochiruzeru, but she's an exclusive to Black, and Rankurusu is just as good, if not better. He has great Special Attack as well, so something like Psychic/Focus Blast/Shadow Ball/Flash Cannon would suit him really. And with Magic Guard he receives a Life Orb boost with none of the pain that comes with it! Talk about magical!

http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/596.png
Denchura- It was between this and Ononokusu, but this one's cute pre-evo just persuaded me in this direction. Bug and Electric together is a psychedelic combo that erally shines, and a moveset such as Bug Buzz/Thunderbolt/Volt Change and Thunder Wave would mean that nobody would want to face this bad boy in a hurry.

Well, actually, seeing it all listed now I may use Ononokusu just in case I come up against this gen's equivalent of Blissey with tankish defenses. I can always use Denchura in Grey with Desukan, but then again Psycho Shock is technically a physical attack defensively, if not offensively, and Kokoromori's Sp. Atk certainly isn't shambolic.

BTW, movepools etc. can once again be seen below.

Ciran
19th September 2010, 10:10 PM
Luckily for me, my psychology knowledge is what made me say what I said. Fallic Fixation is something common between youngster people just to prove some determinate point of their sexuality.
To say more about the topic, you can relate almost everything with sex or penises. That doesn't mean you have to relate with it anyway.

Yes, I know what Phallic fixation is. I was referring to the fact that we don't need an accurate representation of something to derive a shape and relate it to a common origin. It's how we can see shapes in clouds and how we can relate abstract art to actual creatures.
In the same way you can look at the snout of that pokemon and see a phallus, even though it is not a completely accurate representation of what an actual specimen resembles.
On you third point, this is true, but then again you can relate anything to almost anything with enough logic and twisted thinking, so it's not a unique phenomenon.

bleeding-chocobo
19th September 2010, 10:14 PM
Rate please, peoples! Any queries, just holler/type.

BTW, movepools etc. can once again be seen below.

Looks pretty solid to me, Wordy. :] I think you picked the Pokemon well, although you do have two Flying-type Pokemon. Maybe replace Swanna with http://pokejungle.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/565.png That way you can have a Water-type and a Rock-type. Just a suggestion.

bleeding-chocobo
19th September 2010, 10:14 PM
Btw, can someone comment on my team? It's in my sig below. :]

Klever
19th September 2010, 10:28 PM
My teams are in my siggy below feel free to rate and criticize as needed!

Future Black and White Teams:
White: Emboar, Zekrom, Mebukijika, Shiny Ononokusu, Abagoora, Kenhorou
Black: Jaroda, Reshiram, Zeburaika, Jiheddo, Warubiaru, Wargle

Grey?!?: Daikenki, Dentura, Kyuremu, Zoroark, Doryuuzu, Hihidaruma

Thexwoed
19th September 2010, 10:37 PM
My team for pokemon white

Jaroda- i like pokabu and mijimaru but im not too fond of their evolutions
Gamageroge- Water/Ground=awesome
Warubiaru
Denchura- Easily my favorite 5th gen pokemon+ awesome type combo
Hihidaruma

For my flying i wanted to use Wargle, but i dont want to wait until the eighth gym for it..
guess i'll use Aakeosu or Kenhorou instead :[

Furaigaan
19th September 2010, 10:42 PM
I dunno if this has been asked before, but does it have to be a team of only Isshu exclusives?

Grei
19th September 2010, 10:44 PM
Btw, can someone comment on my team? It's in my sig below. :]

I think, for the most part, it's good. The only one I question is Aekeosu. It's stats are nice but it's ability hinders it--I think the stats are cut in half or something when the HP drops below half. That's quite a handicap for a Flying-type. I feel a better option may be Wargle. If you have a Flying type simply to use Fly, and if you're willing to raise a Meraruba to Lvl. 70, Urugamosu can use Fly and gives you a powerful Fire-type.

Ungoliath
19th September 2010, 10:48 PM
I also hate to use legends in your team.
That's so ehm...unnatural.
Completely.

I've a friend which team is made by 4 legendaries. And he feels like He is a good trainer. I don't want to hurt his feeling, but having them doesn't make him really a good trainer. It's just the easy way to play, the almight punch that kills everything and therefore there is nothing else to do...What kind of fun can you find without challenge? Why would someone want the most powerful monster?

I find that choices made for people with superiority complex, but that's only my Psycho-Pokemon theory :P

Yes, I know what Phallic fixation is. I was referring to the fact that we don't need an accurate representation of something to derive a shape and relate it to a common origin. It's how we can see shapes in clouds and how we can relate abstract art to actual creatures.
In the same way you can look at the snout of that pokemon and see a phallus, even though it is not a completely accurate representation of what an actual specimen resembles.
On you third point, this is true, but then again you can relate anything to almost anything with enough logic and twisted thinking, so it's not a unique phenomenon.
And that makes my point: Why talking about the Penis of everything? Warudile is awesome. Reducing him/her to ****-nose is...vulgar.

Sorry - I didn't even consider those who have view signatures disabled. Below is my tentative team, like said before. As for the pre-national part of the game (i.e. before the Elite Four), I choose my Pokemon soley on looks. The movepools will come, and I'll undoubtably change it up when I begin to battle competitively, and train with EVs and IVs.

http://pokejungle.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/503.pnghttp://pokejungle.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/521.pnghttp://pokejungle.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/526.pnghttp://pokejungle.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/534.pnghttp://pokejungle.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/579.pnghttp://pokejungle.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/612.png
Seems balanced. Although I would avoid Abomasnow :P

PipBoy
19th September 2010, 10:49 PM
Would like some comments on my team below, and any improvement suggestions please =)

PipBoy
19th September 2010, 10:51 PM
Would like some comments on my team below, and any improvement suggestions please =)

Flaming Panda
19th September 2010, 10:53 PM
VIEW SIG

Any suggestions?

Your screwed agianst any move ground related. Such as earthquake.

bleeding-chocobo
19th September 2010, 10:54 PM
I think, for the most part, it's good. The only one I question is Aekeosu. It's stats are nice but it's ability hinders it--I think the stats are cut in half or something when the HP drops below half. That's quite a handicap for a Flying-type. I feel a better option may be Wargle. If you have a Flying type simply to use Fly, and if you're willing to raise a Meraruba to Lvl. 70, Urugamosu can use Fly and gives you a powerful Fire-type.

Thank you for replying. ^^

Hmm...I think I'll go with Wargle, but i might lean towards Urugamosu only b/c it's a Fire-type Pokemon.

(And Meraruba evolves at level 59, according to PokeJungle. :])

Gaiash
19th September 2010, 10:56 PM
I dunno if this has been asked before, but does it have to be a team of only Isshu exclusives?
Of course not. However you won't have access to Pokemon from the past before the Elite Four unless you trade with another 5th gen game with access to them, download/transfer event Pokemon, hack the game or use cheats.

Copley Hill Gym
19th September 2010, 11:02 PM
Please share your criticizm with mine in my sig below.

Overall, my one criticism of the team is that it feels unbalanced. A large part of the team can be taken down by fighting and fire types, with steel/rock/dark types the most predominant. That said, the type matchups don't convey the full story. Each Pokemon certainly has some advantages in their overall makeup.

1. Yanakki

As far as mixed sweepers go, this seems to be a very potent grass type Pokemon. I've never seen a set of base stats with such a balance between special and physical attacks on a grass type, and with a decent speed stat the impulsion here is to either go for one or the other, and not both, of the two offensive types. HP comes alright at a not too unreasonable 260-354 range, although ideally I reckon you'd want to max out either special or physical attack, and speed, with the rest in HP. The use of a berry for upping speed or offense seems too good to pass up.

2. Hihidaruma

I note you want to use the Psychic mode Hihidrumma, so having checked the stats and how it works, my advice if you want it to work in Daruma mode, is to max EVs in special attack, and try to use other stalling moves prior to Belly drum, and run a mixed set using overheat and a physical attack move. That doesn't give you much room for error, however. Personally, I look at that attack stat and think that the normal HiHidaruma offers a better all round attacking option as a pure fire type - only misgiving is the obvious earthquake weakness.

3. Iwaparess

Great defense and attack, with an interesting typing that gives a good resistance of poison, but not immunity, and a weakness to steel and water types, both I am sure going to be popular this time around. Looking at the moveset, there's great potential here, I love it. Will be interesting to see what sort of moveset/EV spread you go with, mind.

4. Zulzkin

Fascinating Pokemon, with a weakness to its own type and several key resistances. Highly defensive, with some decent supporting moves.

5. Deskhan

6. Shubalgo

7. Kirikizan

None of these I have any real knowledge of, but a brief glance confirms they are all interesting - and, base stats wise - good choices for their specific (assumed, in my case) roles.

Overall, I like the team, lots of character and diversity amongst it :)

FireEmblemAddict
19th September 2010, 11:06 PM
As you can see in my sig, that's my team. I only use Pokemon that I like and I don't care if they're good in other people's eyes hahah.
Oh and note: Espeon will be from the dream world (I played that online mini game in order to get its download code)

And lastly, my team is subject to change (specifically Erufoon). I love that little bugger but I might replace it with something so as not to have 2 pure grass types on my team. We shall see.

tinyhulk
19th September 2010, 11:07 PM
My Pokemon Black team is in my signature.
Those were easy choices.
As for my White team, I'm a little more indecisive.
Right now I'm thinking :
Emboar
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/b/be/500.png
Yanakki
http://www.pokecharms.com/games/images/9/9b/BW_Fr_512.png
Aakeosu
http://www.pokecharms.com/games/images/f/f5/BW_Fr_567.png
Baffuron
http://www.pokecharms.com/games/images/3/3b/BW_Fr_626.png
Warubiaru
http://www.pokecharms.com/games/images/9/9e/BW_Fr_553.png
Gamageroge (likely to change)
http://www.pokecharms.com/games/images/0/05/BW_Fr_537.png

any of these are subject to change and critique/suggestions on who to change are greatly appreciated.
can anyone rate both of my teams? :D

Flaming Panda
19th September 2010, 11:09 PM

Im sure people would love to, but its kinda hard to do so with 7 pokemon in your sig.

Johto King
19th September 2010, 11:10 PM

I'd scratch the whole team excpet that coffin ghost pokemon. it has a weak spot for fighting type. plus the whole team itself looks hidious!

davidxrawr
19th September 2010, 11:20 PM
someone rate my team please :D (in signature)

I might replace my rock/flying as weak kneed might be a problem so here are requirements:
-I will be playing white version
-no legendaries
-must be able to use HM Fly
-no type repeats, but if anything a daul type with a type i dont have will do

TerraWolf
19th September 2010, 11:25 PM
Daikenki(WutiWutii)- I was stuck choosing between Wotter and Porkabu. I like to have Bi-pedal starters. Daikenki is Quad. I also didn't want to use a type combo that's been used for the 3rd time in 10 years, so I chose Wotter.
Kokoromori(MoMomi)- The Flyer. Nice type combo=Type coverage.
Ononokusu(BiriBiri)- My Dragon. My friend is choosing the Pseudo, so I chose this one.
Shanderaa(ShanShan)- I wanted one of the new ghost, and I wanted a constant fire, and that is how ShanShan was born.
Oobemu(Jonson)- Chose over the other many Psychic's. Liked his design.
Buffalon(Buffy)- I have a reckless and random personality, plus my friend chose Shikijinki.

Extra's
Baokki(Okiki)- My fire Monkey.
Zoroark(Jr.)- The Zoura received in Hiun. Only certain battles, probably a League champ.
Dentula(Denki)- Liked his design and Typing.
Zuruzukin(Zuzii)- Cool typing over all.

Furaigaan
19th September 2010, 11:28 PM
Lemme see...

Daikenki: It seems fairly balanced based on his stats, it also just looks cool, and I always choose the Water starter anyway.

Shanderaa: Ghost AND Fire Type? I like. As long a is doesn't just learn "ember" or "fire spin". The abundance of Bug and Steel type pokes in this game will be easy game.

Gothiselle: Even if I dislike Psychic Types, they ARE pretty flexible.

Tsunbeaa: I make sure to ALWAYS have an Ice Type to make short work of Dragon types. (even if Ononokusu and Sazando aren't 4x weak) Besides, It's a Polar Bear...

Zuruzukin: Not only does it look hilarious, but it seems to have a decent move pool AND is Dark/Fighting.

Ononokusu/Sazando: There is no way in hell I'm gonna get a Dragon to level 64 so in the meantime Axeface will have to do...

Grei
19th September 2010, 11:32 PM

In addition to what Gaiash said, I believe you can get Pokemon from the Dream World at any point in the game. It's unconfirmed, but I believe you can even get Dream World Pokemon prior to obtaining the National Dex. So if you're able to do that kind of thing, you can get non-Isshu Pokemon on your team.

But if you're referring to just in-game, yes, it's only 5th Gen Pokemon--that's all there is in Isshu. (Ignoring the ability to get non-5th Gen Pokemon via trading or hacking, of course.)

Thank you for replying. ^^

Hmm...I think I'll go with Wargle, but i might lean towards Urugamosu only b/c it's a Fire-type Pokemon.

(And Meraruba evolves at level 59, according to PokeJungle. :])

I'm torn between raising Meraruba myself. I'm pretty sure I'm going with Hihidaruma for my Fire-type, but I like Meraruba's and Urugamosu's designs better. The only drawback is the high level for evolving Meraruba. : /

And oops! I confused the level at which you encounter Urugamosu in-game with the level at which Meraruba evolves, my bad.

PipBoy
19th September 2010, 11:41 PM
I'd scratch the whole team excpet that coffin ghost pokemon. it has a weak spot for fighting type. plus the whole team itself looks hidious!

:o I love the look of my team!! I plan to use items and or moves that will counter my fighting weakness, as you can probably tell, my team usually consists of 4 defence powerhouses and 2 mixed sweepers. I am more of an indirect attacker using status affecting moves and moves like spikes, stealth rock or toxic spikes combined with roar and two stat raising moves. So for what I am using it for I think my team is perfect but I am open for criticism.

Ciran
19th September 2010, 11:41 PM
Completely.
And that makes my point: Why talking about the Penis of everything? Warudile is awesome. Reducing him/her to ****-nose is...vulgar.

I'm not quite sure how it makes your point O_o but alright, if you want to see it that way. All I was saying is that it was not unnatural or unexpected for someone to look at that and see it. I (nor a lot of people, I'm sure) am not reducing Warudile to simply that, there are a lot of jokes about pokemon that simply bring up one of it's features, and this just happens to be one of them. I like Warudile plenty and plan to use him myself and one point or another, but that does not mean we can't poke fun at something that arises.

PipBoy
19th September 2010, 11:42 PM

:o I love the look of my team!! I plan to use items and or moves that will counter my fighting weakness, as you can probably tell, my team usually consists of 4 defence powerhouses and 2 mixed sweepers. I am more of an indirect attacker using status affecting moves and moves like spikes, stealth rock or toxic spikes combined with roar and two stat raising moves. So for what I am using it for I think my team is perfect but I am open for criticism.

cottageboy789
19th September 2010, 11:50 PM
Is this better?
http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/500.pnghttp://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/630.pnghttp://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/612.pnghttp://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/604.pnghttp://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/565.pnghttp://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/512.png

Criticize harshly, i want your opinions

FireEmblemAddict
19th September 2010, 11:51 PM

I think your team is fine! In fact it's rather original too
An easy way to take care of your fighting weakness is to predict a fighting move against one of your 3 fighting-weak Pokemon and switch to Mr. Coffin.

deoxysdude94
19th September 2010, 11:54 PM
I don't know the Japanese names, as I'm from America. But my team would be the fire pig fully evolved, the ground and dark crocodile fully evolved, the electric zebra fully evolved, that pure dragon type that is the fully evolved form of Iris's Pokemon, Chillarmy(It's soooooo cute!!!!!!!!!) and that war eagle.

Furaigaan
19th September 2010, 11:54 PM
Lemme see...

Daikenki: It seems fairly balanced based on his stats, it also just looks cool, and I always choose the Water starter anyway.

Shanderaa: Ghost AND Fire Type? I like. As long a is doesn't just learn "ember" or "fire spin". The abundance of Bug and Steel type pokes in this game will be easy game.

Gothiselle: Even if I dislike Psychic Types, they ARE pretty flexible.

Tsunbeaa: I make sure to ALWAYS have an Ice Type to make short work of Dragon types. (even if Ononokusu and Sazando aren't 4x weak) Besides, It's a Polar Bear...

Zuruzukin: Not only does it look hilarious, but it seems to have a decent move pool AND is Dark/Fighting.

Ononokusu/Sazando: There is no way in hell I'm gonna get a Dragon to level 64 so in the meantime Axeface will have to do...
Crap, I need A flying type...

Pandycoon
19th September 2010, 11:55 PM
In my signature is my future Black Team.
I would love to get get feedback and help for it.
Any suggestion for a grass, fighting, or fire type ?

Klever
19th September 2010, 11:58 PM
anyone care to rate one of my two teams please? harsh criticism would be greatly accepted :P

bleeding-chocobo
19th September 2010, 11:59 PM
Is this better?
http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/500.pnghttp://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/630.pnghttp://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/612.pnghttp://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/604.pnghttp://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/565.pnghttp://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/512.png

Looks pretty solid to me. You've got all your Poke's weaknesses covered, imo. :]

cottageboy789
20th September 2010, 12:00 AM
In my signature is my future Black Team.
I would love to get get feedback and help for it.
Any suggestion for a grass, fighting, or fire type ?

Hihidaruma is a pretty good Fire-type, with his ridiculous Base Attack, and Nattorei is a good defensive pokemon for your grass type.

davidxrawr
20th September 2010, 12:02 AM
Is this better?

Excellent team BUT get rid of the vulture since its the preety far from an offensive type. As for the turtle I would change to an ice type (since ther arent many decent water types) just becuase its really frikken slow. But if you dont mind stick with it ",

Furaigaan
20th September 2010, 12:05 AM
BTW, I'm stupid and I'd like to know where I can find the individual sprites of the new pokes?

cottageboy789
20th September 2010, 12:05 AM
Who should I replace for the vulture? I might get my brother to trade me washibon, and I'm probably going to stick with the turtle just because I like having someone who knows surf with me at all times.

cottageboy789
20th September 2010, 12:06 AM
Who should I replace for the vulture? I might get my brother to trade me washibon, and I'm probably going to stick with the turtle just because I like having someone who knows surf with me at all times.

http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/index.php?position=front&color=normal

Front/Back Shiny/Normal, It has everything. Except Male/Female, but it's getting there.

Naruuchiha1313
20th September 2010, 12:11 AM
I really don't know, I'll probably have my shiny charzard from my HG, Had it since fire red, and it's not cheated for, one of my faves, then the others I really don't know, Tsutaja will be my starter.... and everything else is undecided, my team builds up over time, so no idea...

Aether13
20th September 2010, 12:12 AM
Okay so here is my future team for Pokemon Black.

Enbuoo
Onononksu
Roopushin
Pendoora
Gamageroge
Kenhorou

Any comments would be helpful :D

Furaigaan
20th September 2010, 12:14 AM
http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/index.php?position=front&color=normal

Front/Back Shiny/Normal, It has everything. Except Male/Female, but it's getting there.

http://www.serebiiforums.com/images/avatars/anime/smoochum.jpg

bleeding-chocobo
20th September 2010, 12:17 AM

You could always get an HM Slave for Surf, and use your turtle as a tank.

cottageboy789
20th September 2010, 12:17 AM
http://www.serebiiforums.com/images/avatars/anime/smoochum.jpg

Aw Shucks :redface:

cottageboy789
20th September 2010, 12:19 AM
True... I can sort of picture Muurando as a HM Slave, although i dunno if it woulod be able to learn surf.

bleeding-chocobo
20th September 2010, 12:21 AM
True... I can sort of picture Muurando as a HM Slave, although i dunno if it woulod be able to learn surf.

You could always trade over a Bibarel or something. :]

cottageboy789
20th September 2010, 12:24 AM
You could always trade over a Bibarel or something. :]

True, but I like going through the first time with all new pokemon.

Araleon
20th September 2010, 12:25 AM
My Future Black Team:

1. http://pokejungle.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/501.png -> http://pokejungle.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/502.png -> http://pokejungle.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/503.png

Mijumaru ->Futachimaru ->Daikenki

Reasons for this Pokemon? Mijumaru's line is my favorite Isshu line of Pokemon, my favorite Water starter, and one of my over-all favorite Pokemon lines. It's an awesome Otter/Sea Lion Samurai, which rocks. It gets my favorite Water move (Aqua Jet), and I just really love the design. Wotter Samurai FTW! Obviously I'll get it from Professor Araragi, and she(I treat starters like daemon from a certain book series genderwise) will be named Dai or Kari or. Probably Kari. All in all, I'm really happy with how Mijumaru's line turned out.

2. http://pokejungle.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/506.png -> http://pokejungle.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/507.png -> http://pokejungle.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/508.png

Yorterii -> Haderia -> Muurando

Yorterii is awesome! And so is Muurando! I tend to like early on Normal/Dark types (ie. Yorterii, Zigzagoon, Poochyena, Bidoof(I'm weird,I guess), etc) and Yorterii rocks. Plus, Muurando has decent stats and can learn Ice Fang! That'll take care of my Ice Type for this game. Plus, he looks epic. Yorterii and Mijumaru will make an awesome duo when I take on Dento, he'll take care of Yanappu for me, and I'll name him... Max or Pluto or... Alder. I think I'm gonna go with Alder.

3. http://pokejungle.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/522.png -> http://pokejungle.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/523.png

Shimama -> Zeburaika

Trust me when I say this slot didn't always belong to Shimama, the cool electric zebra. It's been Boakki, Kokoromori, Bainabira, among others, but then, today, I looked at it and was like, whoa! It rocks. It's just a really cool looking Pokemon, kinda reminds me of Rapidash, which was always available too late in Kanto for me. However, this black and white Pokemon is a nice addition to my team. Names? Dunno, I don't even know what gender for it yet.

4. http://pokejungle.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/607.png -> http://pokejungle.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/608.png -> http://pokejungle.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/609.png

Hitomoshi -> Ranpuraa -> Shanderaa

This thing... I don't understand... Why it took so long to make! A candle that's part Ghost? Epic win. Reminds me of my childhood with Digimon... (even though I'm not an adult and still play Pokemon...) Candlemon was cool. Now I have this awesome guy with wicked Special Attack. I'm looking forward to training it. As for nicknames? Again, it's gender is undecided. Only sad thing is I have to wat five badges to get it. Oh well.

5. http://pokejungle.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/624.png -> http://pokejungle.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/625.png

Komatana -> Kirikizan

This guy is pretty awesome, although, it's kinda surprsing he's not a Fighter. Maybe they didn't want him to be a Lucario copy? I don't think there's a way it could be a Lucario copy, though. It's types are cool, and he's based off of a Power Ranger! Haha, man, that brings back memories. I'll likely get a male. For a name? Hm... I'm thinking Red. Red the male Kirikizan it is. From the moment I saw Komatana, I knew I wanted to train it.

6. http://pokejungle.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/627.png -> http://pokejungle.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/628.png

Washibon -> Wargle

Dudes and dudettes, Washibon -> Wargle is one of my favorite bird lines ever. It's up there with Togepi -> Togetic -> Togekiss. I chose Black because this dude and Kirikizan are in it and not in White (apparently). He's just awesome, maybe it's because I'm studying US History right now, but I think he should've been the Pidgey of this region. I'm hoping I don't have to wait a long time to get him in the games... Nicknames? Well, I'm thinking John or George. John seem more likely (John Adams, John Hancock. And sounds better than George.)

So, to review my team:

1. Kari the Daikenki
2. Alder the Muraando
3. ??? the Zeburaika
4. ??? the Shanderaa
5. Red the Kirikizan
6. John the Wargle

So, what do you think?

EDIT: Forgot to give sprite credits. Credit for the sprites goes to Pokejungle.

Goruggo
20th September 2010, 12:25 AM
My team can be found in my signature, however I shall give reasons.

#503 - Daikenki - This just looks like a leader, plus it has nice attacking stats. Also the water type I'll need for surf and dive.

#601 - Gigigear - This reminds of Bronzong too much and I'm a major Bronzong fan. It also provides some needed electrical moves.

#609 - Shanderaa - I need a good fire type and it has a very high special attack stat.

#623 - Goruggo - I love this thing, it reminds me very much of a robot named Titanor from the 60's cartoon "Space Ghost".

#635 - Sazando - Probably the best non-uber pokemon in the game.

However I am looking for a special wall and I'm open to any suggestions for my 6th pokemon. Thanks for reading.

magikot
20th September 2010, 12:28 AM
I'm going to be making a Ghost Dark team on Black

Shanderaa
Burunkeru
Desukan/Goruggo
Sazando
Warubiaru
Kirikizan/Zoroark

My White team is still undecided. Though with so many bug types I might go monobug.

cottageboy789
20th September 2010, 12:29 AM
That was an extremely in-depth post. I see nothing wrong with your team.

Araleon
20th September 2010, 12:34 AM
^^ Kokoromori is a good addition, and apparently it doesn't actually evolve in the summer, there are people who are in Spring and had a Kokoromori at level 21 (I think).

It's a nice dual type, but you have Goruggo.

Uh... I'd suggest the Vulture, but you asked for one that evolves around 43. (Although,if the rumors are true, Wargle and Goruggo aren't in the same game...)

Jirachi Kidd
20th September 2010, 12:36 AM
My Future Team:
http://pokejungle.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/513.png>>>http://pokejungle.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/514.png
http://pokejungle.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/559.png>>>http://pokejungle.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/560.png
http://pokejungle.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/574.png>>>http://pokejungle.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/575.png>>>http://pokejungle.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/576.png
http://pokejungle.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/610.png>>>http://pokejungle.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/611.png>>>http://pokejungle.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/612.png
http://pokejungle.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/624.png>>>http://pokejungle.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/625.png

Does anyone know where to catch these pokemon?

davidxrawr
20th September 2010, 12:36 AM

wargle or kenhorou are great flying/normal types =]

Aether13
20th September 2010, 12:38 AM
So, to review my team:

1. Kari the Daikenki
2. Alder the Muraando
3. ??? the Zeburaika
4. ??? the Shanderaa
5. Red the Kirikizan
6. John the Wargle

Your team seems really good expect Muraando, if your just using it for Ice Fang I would take it off since Daikenki can probably learn an ice move. Maybe you could replace it for a grass pokemon to make your team a little more well rounded?

xsedr
20th September 2010, 12:42 AM
Jaroda: Let's face it, he has the worst offensive stats (my preferred style, hit hard, hit fast and you won't have to worry about taking a hit) but he's just so awesome. Not sure on his moveset yet, His attacks will be based on the nature he gets, though I won't restart for a good one.

Warubiaru (The killer croc): The sequel to hippowdon, with the dark type the old boy was missing. Earthquake, Outrage, Crunch, and an undecided move for his set. Preferably with Overconfidence.

Sazando (Mr. Hydra): I loved him from the start and never stopped. I love all dragon types and pseudo legendaries so he was a must. Dark Pulse, Dragon Pulse, Flamethrower (if he can learn it), and Psychic (same as prior). A set that gives him 2 STABs and covers all his weaknesses.

Wargle (The Eagle): Fearow from hell on steroids laced with Chuck Norris' blood and tears. Brave Bird, Crush Claw, Superpower, Fly/something better after elite four. Encourage ability for sure, Superpower without stat loss (if not somebody tell me so i don't end up making myself lose).

Shibiruden (No weakness eel): If you need an explanation for this guy ... you know the rest. Crunch, Crush Claw, need suggestions for the other moves.

Shanderaa (the Chandelier): Epic typing, awesome special attack. Flamethrower, Shadow Ball, need suggestions. Not sure on the nature, though probobly Flame Body.

Emperor Empoleon
20th September 2010, 12:42 AM
ATM, I only want to have

http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/503.pnghttp://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/549.pnghttp://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/508.png

I'll leave the rest up to chance :)

Goruggo
20th September 2010, 12:43 AM
^^ Kokoromori is a good addition, and apparently it doesn't actually evolve in the summer, there are people who are in Spring and had a Kokoromori at level 21 (I think).

It's a nice dual type, but you have Goruggo.

Uh... I'd suggest the Vulture, but you asked for one that evolves around 43. (Although,if the rumors are true, Wargle and Goruggo aren't in the same game...)

Thank you for telling me about these rumors regarding Wargle and Goruggo. I shall get rid of Wargle and look for a 6th pokemon.

Rerbren
20th September 2010, 12:50 AM
Swana: This pokemon is not completely ideal, but I still like it alot. It will serve as both my flyer and, if it can learn it, surfer.
Doryuuzu: Ground is one of my favorite types and this pokemon is way too cool to refuse. I don't really like the fact that it is still vulnerable to fire, though.

I would appreciate suggestions/criticism for both my White team above and my Black team below, please.

Grei
20th September 2010, 12:51 AM

Where the hell did you hear this rumor? I don't ever remember hearing about Goruggo being a Version-exclusive. It's possible Wargle is (although I think that rumor may have been debunked) but I have heard nothing about Goruggo.

bleeding-chocobo
20th September 2010, 12:52 AM
@Rerbren: Your teams look fine to me. :] You seem to cover all your weaknesses, imo.

Edit: Which version is Wargle in? Does anyone know?

Eldin
20th September 2010, 12:53 AM
Planned Pokemon Black Team

Slot 1:
Fire-Emboar: My starter. Unlike the majority of the Forum haha, I find Emboar to be a fantastic new Poke. Despite his lack of original typing, he looks like he'll be a major tank, in-game wise. Definetly a force to be reckoned with during normal gameplay. I've always wanted a boar Pokemon too, and Emboar does a pretty decent job haha.

Slot 2:
Grass-Mebukijika: Definetly the coolest new Grass Pokemon this generation! Decent Attack and Speed stats, especially for a Grass Pokemon. He's also definetly on my team for aesthetic purposes. I love the additions of seasons, so why not have a Pokemon that's constantly changing!?

Slot 3:
Water-Abagoora: Definitely another tank. I love the way he looks. Definetly a risk for this Generation, especially with the addition of so many new Grass types, but I'm willing ot risk it. I may also consider Basurao for this spot. Slot open to suggestions!

Slot 4:
Ghost-Desukan: Favorite Pokemon this Generation! He's got great Defenses, and a decent Attack Stat, especially for a Ghost. I can't wait to use him. He's absolutely staying on my team. Mummy also has the potential to be devastating if used correctly.

Slot 5:
Flying-Kenhorou/Wargle: I can't really make up my mind for these two. Wargle is definetly stronger, but I'd prefer to be a little more original, and not use him like everyone else. I also love Kenhorou's Male Forme, definetly looks cool. Kenhorou doesn't have many options for Physical attacks though, but with unbreakable TM's, that's not so much of an issue anymore. Feel free to add your input for these two!

Slot 6:
???-Warubiaru/Kirikizan/Baffuron: I can't pick between these three. Warubiaru is a powerhouse. Great typing, great abilities, and great movepool. He also looks amazing. Right now, I'm leaning towards him. Next is Kirikizan, Steel and Dark, 4x weakness to fighting, but he's got great Attack, and a really nice movepool. And finally, Buffalon; I've always loved Tauros, and Baffuron is even cooler. His movepool isn't the best, but he's got really well rounded Stats, and definetly has potential. Obviously input is needed for this slot :).

cottageboy789
That was an extremely in-depth post. I see nothing wrong with your team.

/Exiled/
Planned team in my signature, noticing a theme here? Yeah, I am obsessed with ghost types, and no I don't care if 4/6 of my team will have a weakness to dark and ghost.

The water/ghost because... Well, it's a ghost, and it's water. Not the best attacking stats, but with a modest nature, I'll have it be my surfer and what not.

Desuken, the sarcophagus... It's a freaking sarcophagus, and a good physical wall. I need it, I need it in my veins.

Shaderra, the Fire/Ghost... Dude, it's adorable, and it's a fire/ghost; monstrous 145 Sp. Attack, yes please.

Goruggo... I think, which is the Golem. It's a ghost/ground, ground is my second favorite type, need an attacker, enough said.

Kojondo, the fighting weasel. It has to be aesthetically, my favorite fighting pokemon to date, good stats and all.

Sazando, the Hydra thingy. Dark/Dragon, love the design, I am going to shark one or something and use it as my starter.

cottageboy789
20th September 2010, 12:56 AM
Wargle is in Black unfortunately for me, I get the Vulture.

EDIT: Here is a list of version-exclusives:
http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/6262/bwversionexclusive.jpg

Pandycoon
20th September 2010, 12:58 AM
Hihidaruma is a pretty good Fire-type, with his ridiculous Base Attack, and Nattorei is a good defensive pokemon for your grass type.

Thanks!
I actually like Nattorei. It has great defenses, just what my team is lacking. :D
But it's weak to fire, fortunately, I have Warubiaru and Daikenki!
And Hihidaruma sounds like fun, didn't want to use him, but you know, he's strong:)

boota212
20th September 2010, 1:01 AM
I decided to repost my team, since nobody commented on it last time. :( So, while this is an in-game team, not a competitive one, I still do appriciate so comment, weather negative (most likely to be said, because I picked this team by appearance alone...) or positive.

My In-game (In no way will this be my competive team...unless these pokemon are better then I expect them to be) Pokemon White team (Also, they will all have nicknames...My nicknames just are a *bit* too lude though...):
http://www.pokecharms.com/games/images/c/cc/BW_Fr_614.png My first team member. I am a massive fan of Ice types and the fact that they made a Polar Bear is just great...AND HE HAS A BEARD. =D =D
http://www.pokecharms.com/games/images/6/6a/Doryuuzu.png My second team member, the ever popular mole pokemon. I really just enjoy him for his apperance....You really do have to enjoy him and his giant claws of doom.
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/5/5a/Rankurusu.png It's an udeveloped baby floating in lime jello, what's not to love about him? He's also a pychic type, which is always good.
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/7/77/Mijumaru_evolutions.jpgI can't believe I almost forgot my starter. As amazing as this may sound, this is my first ever water type starter...and I've been playing since the first generation. Emboar just was far too bland for me though, so, I had to choose the ninja otter, Daikenki. (I couldn't find a picture of him by himself. C'mon Nintendo, isn't a LITTLE copy right infringement okay?)
http://www.pokecharms.com/games/images/e/eb/BW_Fr_558.png My genral rule with pokemon is, the stupider it looks, the more I desire it. So when I saw this little fella, you can believe how happy I was.
http://www.pokecharms.com/games/images/2/20/BW_Fr_609.png My favorite fourth generation pokemon was Rotom (He was maniacal AND adorable, and I am not one for calling pokemon "cute.") and Shanderaa reminds me of him so much, I just had to place him on my team.
Also: While this may not be THE BEST way to pick a team, this is the way I've been choosing in-game teams since generation one. My mind frame is very simple when it comes to this. My competitive team is another story...Speaking of which, I may post that once I decide upon it.
Credit for images: Bulbapedia and Pokecharms

Achernar
20th September 2010, 1:02 AM
Shandoora: Interesting combo, good special attack stat
Abagoora: I'm a fan of fossil pokemon, and I like this more than the archeopteryx
Denchura: Bug/Electric is an intereseting combo
Kojondo: Has better stats than roopushin
Kirikizan: Dark/Steel is something new, wanna try it
Sazando: Cool design

I'm not going to use any of the starters ever.

Grei
20th September 2010, 1:03 AM
I would appreciate suggestions/criticism for both my White team above and my Black team below, please.

I think it's well-rounded, however I wonder why so few people are considering Hihidaruma. Hihidaruma trumps Kuitaran in a number of areas, and Hihidaruma's in-game ability Encourage powers up attacks and negates all 2ndary effects--including the bad ones like recoil, recharge, and stat reduction. Hihidaruma's base Attack is a whopping 140.

So you have a Fire-type with base 140 attack and with access to powered-up moves like Flare Blitz, Giga Impact, and Superpower, without the negative effects of those moves. That's a beast right there. Kuitaran, on the other hand, either eats it's berries too soon or absorbs Fire-type attacks and can dish out decent Fire-type moves among being a Stockpile Pokemon. Hihidaruma beats it out in a number of ways.

BlackEbony126
20th September 2010, 1:05 AM
My current 1st level party that I want is: Mijumaru, Baoppu, Baby gothy-lolita thingy (cant remember the name...), and the knight-ish pokemon exclusive to black.
Need suggestions, current choices for last two are: Darumakki, Chillarmy, Shimama, and the ghost/ninja thingy

bleeding-chocobo
20th September 2010, 1:07 AM
I think it's well-rounded, however I wonder why so few people are considering Hihidaruma. Hihidaruma trumps Kuitaran in a number of areas, and Hihidaruma's in-game ability Encourage powers up attacks and negates all 2ndary effects--including the bad ones like recoil, recharge, and stat reduction. Hihidaruma's base Attack is a whopping 140.

So you have a Fire-type with base 140 attack and with access to powered-up moves like Flare Blitz, Giga Impact, and Superpower, without the negative effects of those moves. That's a beast right there. Kuitaran, on the other hand, either eats it's berries too soon or absorbs Fire-type attacks and can dish out decent Fire-type moves among being a Stockpile Pokemon. Hihidaruma beats it out in a number of ways.

I'd love to use Hihdaruma, but I'm not sure which Pokemon I should replace it with on my team. :/ Suggestions?

boota212
20th September 2010, 1:12 AM
I'd love to use Hihdaruma, but I'm not sure which Pokemon I should replace it with on my team. :/ Suggestions?

Well...If you were looking to put him on your Black team, I'd get rid of Onokusu, but that is just due to my strong dislike of him. Come on, be something diffrent, use...Hihdaruma. :D :D But, for a LEGITIMENT reason, I'd have to get rid of the deer pokemon who's name I can't recall.

cottageboy789
20th September 2010, 1:13 AM
My current 1st level party that I want is: Mijumaru, Baoppu, Baby gothy-lolita thingy (cant remember the name...), and the knight-ish pokemon exclusive to black.
Need suggestions, current choices for last two are: Darumakki, Chillarmy, Shimama, and the ghost/ninja thingy

I wouldn't take Darumakki just because you already have a fire-type. Chillarmy has pretty bad stats, but he could work. If you want an electric type, I would take Bachul (Denchura Pre-evo) or Shibishirasu (Eel). I'm not sure who you are talking about with the "ghost/ninja thingy". But I would also consider Washibon if you are playing Black.

bleeding-chocobo
20th September 2010, 1:14 AM
Well...If you were looking to put him on your Black team, I'd get rid of Onokusu, but that is just due to my strong dislike of him. Come on, be something diffrent, use...Hihdaruma. :D :D But, for a LEGITIMENT reason, I'd have to get rid of the deer pokemon who's name I can't recall.

I'm sticking with Ononokusu, actually. :) But, I might get rid of the deer Pokemon, not sure yet.

Shawn Yasumara
20th September 2010, 1:15 AM
My team for Black will be:

http://i917.photobucket.com/albums/ad19/ShawnYasumara/497.png?t=1284940052 http://i917.photobucket.com/albums/ad19/ShawnYasumara/526.png?t=1284940088 http://i917.photobucket.com/albums/ad19/ShawnYasumara/555-unblue.png?t=1284940251 http://i917.photobucket.com/albums/ad19/ShawnYasumara/563.png?t=1284940367 http://www.pokecharms.com/games/images/9/9d/BW_Fr_628.png http://i917.photobucket.com/albums/ad19/ShawnYasumara/635.png?t=1284940711

These six Pokemon are some of my favorites this Generation.Hopefully they won't be too difficult to obtain.

bleeding-chocobo
20th September 2010, 1:17 AM
Whoot, changed! :) Now, I think I'll keep this team officially for the US release.

AnonymousGuy
20th September 2010, 1:21 AM
In no paricular order:

http://pokejungle.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/612.pnghttp://pokejungle.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/500.pnghttp://pokejungle.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/637.pnghttp://pokejungle.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/604.pnghttp://pokejungle.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/537.png

Not carefully picked, as this team is definately bound to change after the Elite Four. Spiritomb, Charizard, and Choice Band Garchomp are going to potientially take the place of a few pokemon in this team soon after I'm finished with the game.

AnonymousGuy
20th September 2010, 1:22 AM
In no paricular order:

http://pokejungle.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/612.pnghttp://pokejungle.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/500.pnghttp://pokejungle.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/637.pnghttp://pokejungle.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/604.pnghttp://pokejungle.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/537.pnghttp://pokejungle.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/635.png

Not carefully picked, as this team is definately bound to change after the Elite Four. Spiritomb, Charizard, and Choice Band Garchomp are going to potientially take the place of a few pokemon in this team soon after I'm finished with the game.

AnonymousGuy
20th September 2010, 1:25 AM
Crappy computer making me triple post. Sorry guys. Didn't mean to spam. :/

boota212
20th September 2010, 1:25 AM
[QUOTE=bleeding-chocobo;11638438]
Whoot, changed! Now, I think I'll keep this team officially for the US release.

I can accept the keeping of the mega-dragon. As much as I may dislike it, I have to admit, he's all-around amazing. =/ =/

cottageboy789
20th September 2010, 1:30 AM
Okay, I know this is really off topic, but I just had to say it. Pokebeach has taken a rather humourous approach to letter he received. Actually it's now Pokerbeach :P
www.pokebeach.com