PDA

View Full Version : Legendary Pokemon Discussion Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

bobandbill
19th September 2010, 11:53 AM
Discuss Black and White's Legendary Pokemon here! Make sures posts relate to that topic - don't go off-topic or your post will be deleted. Warnings/infractions can be given as well.

Link of known info on the Pokemon here:

http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/legendary.shtml

O Fortuna
19th September 2010, 12:18 PM
I for one am looking forward to adding Reshiram and Victini to my Ubers Drought team, and adding Voltros to my Ubers Drizzle team.

natie
19th September 2010, 12:18 PM
Serious question: are Birijion and Kyuremu's levels put to 42 on purpose?

lindsy95
19th September 2010, 12:36 PM
Kyuremi is level 75 IIRC.
-checks-
yeah its level 75.

natie
19th September 2010, 1:03 PM
Oops, sorry, I meant Kobaruon. Got a little confused right there.

koolhk
19th September 2010, 1:03 PM
Do the event Pokemon have in-game events?

Ash-kid
19th September 2010, 1:13 PM
To ba honest, my favorite legendary is Zekrom. I like its types, Dragon and Electric. I also pretty like its ability, TeraVoltage. If i'd to choose another legendary, it'll be Randorodu. I'd love to see a Ground/Flying pokemon, as a legendary.

Walcott
19th September 2010, 1:32 PM
To ba honest, my favorite legendary is Zekrom. I like its types, Dragon and Electric. I also pretty like its ability, TeraVoltage. If i'd to choose another legendary, it'll be Randorodu. I'd love to see a Ground/Flying pokemon, as a legendary.

Surprisingly I like him a lot. At first I liked Reshiram a lot more, but as I started liking White instead of Black, Zekrom began to grow on me.

I love Torneros. At least I think that's his name. The pure Flying-type is the one I'm talking about ^^ The others in that trio are pretty sweet too.

Pink Lapras
19th September 2010, 1:50 PM
I like Reshiram and Birijion the best. Reshiram because it's Dragon/Fire and looks awesome, and Birijion cause it also looks cool.

The ice dragon I like too.

Steelia
19th September 2010, 2:06 PM
With Genosect... people are saying it has 4 cassettes, yet all I've seen are three alternate colors aside from its original (lighter yellow, red, and blue). If it has 4 cassettes, where's its last coloration...? Unless one of those cassettes shares its color with its original base.

In any case, yeah, really liking Genosect. Reminds me a lot of Mewtwo; Team Rocket creating M2, and Team Plasma altering their own Pkmn to be more tech-based versus genetically tampered. Really cool. He'll definitely have a spot on my team some day... if the event isn't too far into the distant future.

ForeverFlame
19th September 2010, 3:18 PM
Cyurem looks like a crippled bird. I hope it gets a new Forme in the next game.

ForeverFlame
19th September 2010, 3:18 PM
Cyurem looks like a crippled bird. I hope it gets a new Forme in the next game.

lindsy95
19th September 2010, 3:33 PM
I honestly think it will.

Cornelius
19th September 2010, 3:34 PM
My favorite legendary Pokemon thus far are all of the dragon types. Between Reshiram and Zekrom, I like Zekrom's appearance just a tad more, but I think that they're both going to be badass Pokemon.

I also like Kyuremu, but I think this is because he's a dragon type, and since that's my favorite Pokemon type, I automatically like all dragon type Pokemon--even if they're like Altaria.

I'm not too fond of any of the other legendaries yet, but that might change once more information is known about them.

I also can't wait to see what mythology surrounds this group of legendaries.

Phantomnazo
19th September 2010, 3:59 PM
For some reason, I love genosect. Does anyone know what gis special move is?

Waldorf
19th September 2010, 4:03 PM
Anyone else think that Kyuremu looks like it's on its last leg? Half its face is melted off, its wings look like they're falling apart, it generally looks agonized. I'm guessing this might have something to do with the story, and, as others have said, that it'll get an alternate forme in the third game, Giratina-style.

Anyway, I've never been big on legendaries but I find this generation's legends to be much more agreeable than the last generation's. I like the three djinni, even if it's silly that they all look so similar, and I like the three Fighting legends solely because they're based on the Three Musketeers (and thank God that they're not roamers). Zekrom and Reshiram are also pretty alright for version legends, and Kyuremu is, well, it is what it is.

The ones I'm really excited about are Kerudio, Meloia and Genosekto because I actually like how they look, and I love how Genosekto is a Mewtwo parallel. I hope those events occur soon. (And I hope they're Wi-Fi events, as otherwise I'll have no chance of getting them.)

Yukichi
19th September 2010, 4:06 PM
Zekrom!

I haven't actually made it to him, yet, but hopefully will before the end of today.

Meloetta
19th September 2010, 4:13 PM
Learn the names people! Meloia, Kerudio, Kyuremu, and Genosect are wrong!

That being said, Meloetta is my favorite Pokemon. I love how she has a headset on. And her arms are shaped like song notes.

Phantomnazo
19th September 2010, 4:23 PM
Why can't people get the names straight?

http://www.Meloetta.com
http://www.Keldeo.com
http://www.Genesect.com
http://www.Kyurem.com

That being said, Meloetta is my favorite Pokemon. I love how she has a headset on. And her arms are shaped like song notes.

The names differ on what site you go to, like how gear is gear here, but its called giuru on a different site. Also, those links dont work for me.

I wonder what step form looks like.

Endless
19th September 2010, 4:27 PM
Why can't people get the names straight?

http://www.Meloetta.com
http://www.Keldeo.com
http://www.Genesect.com
http://www.Kyurem.com

Because different sites translate the names different, that's why.

I am not buying the Japanese games, but i think I like Genosect and Kyuremu most as of what I have seen.

Meloetta
19th September 2010, 4:28 PM
Thats because we had different Romanizations from site to site, but here are the links to there parked pages confirming their names.

I also have Meloetta's step form but I don't know if I can post it.

natie
19th September 2010, 4:34 PM
Er... what? Why would there be websites with the names of Pokémon? And why does that even matter to the correct romanisation of a Japanese name?

Endless
19th September 2010, 4:41 PM
Er... what? Why would there be websites with the names of Pokémon? And why does that even matter to the correct romanisation of a Japanese name?
yeah, I don't see how it matters either, and how can you be sure that it is GF/nintendo who have reserved those pages? Because i can't remember nintendo copyrighting any names yet.

Sabonea_Masukippa
19th September 2010, 5:05 PM
Those pages redirect to a known trade-mark registerer for GF. Those are the official names. Stop acting all snooty.

lindsy95
19th September 2010, 5:16 PM
Meh, I don't care. As long as people know what you're talking about is shouldn't matter.

Raikia
19th September 2010, 5:21 PM
Hmm. Has anyone noticed that at the bottom of Veekun's List of Pokemon, which includes those in B &W (http://stuff.veekun.com/bw-pokemon-names.txt), there seems to be a Pokemon named Tamago, all the way at the bottom. Is that a form, or a legendary? is it even legit?

lindsy95
19th September 2010, 5:24 PM
It means 'egg', it's egg data.

Mewtwo_soul
19th September 2010, 5:36 PM
With Genosect... people are saying it has 4 cassettes, yet all I've seen are three alternate colors aside from its original (lighter yellow, red, and blue). If it has 4 cassettes, where's its last coloration...? Unless one of those cassettes shares its color with its original base.

In any case, yeah, really liking Genosect. Reminds me a lot of Mewtwo; Team Rocket creating M2, and Team Plasma altering their own Pkmn to be more tech-based versus genetically tampered. Really cool. He'll definitely have a spot on my team some day... if the event isn't too far into the distant future.

The Team Rocket creation only happened in the anime not the games. (Where it is specific it was just random scientist no relation to Giovanni or TR at all)

However, I do like the mutation they've created in such a case regardless although my favorite this gen is Zekrom reminds me greatly of Thanatos.

Raikia
19th September 2010, 5:44 PM
It means 'egg', it's egg data.

Ah, thanks for clarification. I feel dumb now.

My favorite legendary so far is Kobaruon. he reminds me of Dialga, even sharing the Steel type. Terrakion and Viridion (sp) are also nice.

The Raijins look like ogres riding on clouds. Not my favorite Pokemon.

I initally hated Reshiram and loved Zekrom. Now I like them both. But Kyuremu is fugly. They ARE a trio - The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.

Kerudio is a My Little Pony Legendary; In fact, i was the first to name it as such.

Melodia is a little too human for my liking, but she's pretty cool. Especially with her Normal/Fighting form.

Genosect definitely has a spot on my legends team. He's cool. Plus, if you don't add him, you'll be assimilated :P

Pamizard
19th September 2010, 5:44 PM
I think some of the legendaries look interesting Zekrom and Victini are my favorites right now

TurtwigFan1
19th September 2010, 6:09 PM
I love Melodia (or whatever it is.) it's a cool concept. Plus, her step forme is just BADASS!

sexyrandal105
19th September 2010, 6:15 PM
Is it just me or do all of them look like horrible fan pokemon except Victini, Reshiram and Zekrom... Especially the genies. They're the same pokemon with a color change! How lazy...

Mewtwo_soul
19th September 2010, 6:33 PM
Is it just me or do all of them look like horrible fan pokemon except Victini, Reshiram and Zekrom... Especially the genies. They're the same pokemon with a color change! How lazy...

Have you ever played any other RPGs or general Breeder RPGs before? Most monsters in those games have the exact same copy all over the place with just a color change. At least in Pokemon they added slight changes to their designs. (It may be myth based at that, sounds familiar to an old folktale of identical genies.)

So it isn't lazy, as at least compared to almost every RPg and Breeder RPG in existence Pokemon has made the least amount of psuedo clones.

On that note: I think you were expecting too much, not that they look fan made.

Seraphina
19th September 2010, 6:36 PM
I must say..... but the genies are terrible. Honestly the white/black exclusives have the exact same stats but different type pffft wow. Landros the ground one has its attack and sp def changed around I think and its sp a. Ugh so terrible... why genies? I asked this question before but got no answer so Ill ask again. Is The water/fighting legend the pony the master of the 3 musketeer trio?

Meganium
19th September 2010, 6:38 PM
For Dragons I definately like Zekrom the best
Genies, Borutorosu
Beasts I like the big pudgy rock Terakion
I actually dig Genosect almost more than anything.

Mewtwo_soul
19th September 2010, 6:41 PM
I must say..... but the genies are terrible. Honestly the white/black exclusives have the exact same stats but different type pffft wow. Landros the ground one has its attack and sp def changed around I think and its sp a. Ugh so terrible... why genies? I asked this question before but got no answer so Ill ask again. Is The water/fighting legend the pony the master of the 3 musketeer trio?

Why genies? Because they're part of mythology. A common myth in most parts of the world. Pokemon was going to get to concepts of said myth sooner or later. On the stats: It isn't that different from other gens.

On the water Pony, nobody really knows, we are just assuming random tidbits of information at this point.

D*N
19th September 2010, 6:41 PM
Reshiram and Zekrom are both O.K
The third dragon is really ugly, but it might get another form.
The fighting trio is also not my favorite.
The rock one is the best of the three but their rather ugly.
The cloud's are super fugly, their one of the ugliest pokemon ever.
The little pony is O.k it will grow on me.
The little girl is nice, I like this one.
The genosect is also ugly, But yeh that's what It supposed to be, deoxys is also ugly so that doesn't matter.
The best one is of course Victini, super cute , and just overal nice.

Lucario At Service
19th September 2010, 6:46 PM
Genosekuto seems to be the Mewtwo of this generation (considering its background). But what i am interested in is which ancient Bug pokemon was it created from. We know that Mewtwo was created from Mew's DNA, but what Bug pokemon was modified to make "Genosekuto".

Also as Genosekuto is an event pokemon and that too the last one of the dex, it would take almost 3 years before we find out the official story behind its creation. But i wonder if its creation would be related to Team Rocket or vice verse i.e., Mewtwo was created using data from the modifications done too Genosekuto.

Seraphina
19th September 2010, 6:51 PM
Why genies? Because they're part of mythology. A common myth in most parts of the world. Pokemon was going to get to concepts of said myth sooner or later. On the stats: It isn't that different from other gens.

On the water Pony, nobody really knows, we are just assuming random tidbits of information at this point.

Well they could have made the 3 apocalypse pokemon or something like that. I find genies are not needed but oh well Ill get over it.

Endless
19th September 2010, 6:56 PM
Those pages redirect to a known trade-mark registerer for GF. Those are the official names. Stop acting all snooty.
If I acted snooty then I'm sorry, I was just sceptical because it didn't say anything about who that had reserved them as it didn't say anything about GF or pokemon on that site. And I still don't see the problem with what people call them as long as people understand you. But I' am not going to argue anymore and as i sad, if I seemed snooty then I'm sorry.

Mewtwo_soul
19th September 2010, 6:57 PM
Well they could have made the 3 apocalypse pokemon or something like that. I find genies are not needed but oh well Ill get over it.

Well that's kind of an argument of adding them when. Although if they were to add apocalypse (Depending on which myth/religion/etc.) it might not even be a trio.

Personally, I'm not a big fan of this specific trio, but then again, I'm not a fan of most of the trios.

Lorde
19th September 2010, 7:18 PM
Huh, I'm seeing a lot of love for the new Legendary trios even though, personally, I think they all look horrible. The first trio, the Fighting-type trio composed of those two Arceus look-alikes and that dog, just don't look anything like Fighting Pokemon to me at all so their type combination is just awkward. Then there's that other trio, the ones on the clouds; they look like triplets with almost exactly the same sprite. That's just laziness at this point.

Dr. Leggs
19th September 2010, 9:25 PM
I still really dislike the Fighting trio... Quadrupedal Fighting-types are just awkward, in my opinion, and they don't seem to have any storyline significance.

The Raijin trio is alright. I dislike the almost-copypasta designs, but they look a little better now that I know those things that are going around them are their tails.

Kyuremu is straight up hideous, but I feel like he'll grow on me in time.

Kerudio and Meroetta are not my favourites. Really not a fan.

Genosect is really cool, though, I love his typing and ability, and the Plasma tie-in. So not a huge fan of these legends overall, but some are cool.

Ungoliath
19th September 2010, 9:33 PM
I hate them all. UGLY!

Regular Pokemon FTW.

nikohesus
19th September 2010, 9:34 PM
Then there's that other trio, the ones on the clouds; they look like triplets with almost exactly the same sprite. That's just laziness at this point.

DIFFERENT ANIMATIONS PEOPLE!!!

When will you learn... Game Freak's not that lazy if they made these games... if the sprites are the same, it takes common sense to assume at least one of them would have a unique animation.

I hate them all. UGLY!

Regular Pokemon FTW.

This counts as spam in other places you know, go troll somewhere else.

Ungoliath
19th September 2010, 9:47 PM
This counts as spam in other places you know, go troll somewhere else.
It's only a short opinion, not trying to troll anyone here.

If you want a detailed reason...I would be repeating what others already said. But you're right about that I shouldn't post here if I don't like them. </biased thread>

Gaiash
19th September 2010, 9:53 PM

When will you learn... Game Freak's not that lazy if they made these games... if the sprites are the same, it takes common sense to assume at least one of them would have a unique animation.
Do you know if they have different animations? I haven't seen animated sprites of these three yet.

Though even if they do have different animations the design and stance are still lazy.

D*N
19th September 2010, 9:56 PM
I hate them all. UGLY!

Regular Pokemon FTW.

please explain.
I agree with you that there ugly, but If you don't explain it counts as spam.

PaddyCake
19th September 2010, 10:11 PM
Kyuremu might have fought both Zekrom and Reshiram and lost, that could explained its apperance and its stats. Does anyone know its pokedex entry?

btw I find Kyuremu both creepy and cute :3

Mewtwo_soul
19th September 2010, 10:17 PM
I don't see how Pokemon is being lazy when ALL RPGs repeat some monster multiple times. This is GF's true psuedo clones (even more so than Plusle/Minun) I'm still waiting for this explained.

Also nobody is being biased in this thread.

Gaiash
19th September 2010, 10:23 PM
I'm really hoping Kyuremu's movie comes fairly soon. It has an impressive design but you don't get a good look at it's face.

Charzard Tamer
19th September 2010, 10:26 PM
I have mixed feelings about this generation's legendaries. I do like them more than Gen IV. The designs seem better thought out, and there aren't as many. But I still think there are too many legendaries. 12 is a little much. I don't get why Gamefreak has been on legend overload the past two generations. Also, I do not like the Geenies. They are just recolorings of the same thing...I'd much rather have a line of regular Pokemon than those 3.

yba_990
19th September 2010, 10:35 PM
I have an interesting theory that the next game for this generation will portray the story of the geenie legendary trio, since they only come up in these game without any backstory ( just a theory ).

Ungoliath
19th September 2010, 10:41 PM
please explain.
I agree with you that there ugly, but If you don't explain it counts as spam.
I get the feeling that they're designed from one part the concept and then the typing, which I think it's crucial to the overall feeling. The Fighting Trio shows this as it bests. They hardly resemble ANY of the type they have. They don't look bad, but they just have something off on the overall concept that tights the three of them. With this I mean that there is always a clear design line in the trio and this time it's clearly not there. If we take them this Pokemon as separate and not legendaries, they probably would work out better (Except 638 which legs looks more fat than it should XD)

The Raijin were something I was interested at max. Mostly because I think it's a great possibilities to be exploited about the concept. The random split of colors on the skin of each one, the color used and floating nonsense design-wise that only adds noise to the overlook. 641 for example has the thing floating with an addition of a color that it's not anywhere to be found in the composition, which makes the element odd in comparison. The thin waist ended with a cloud is something that I find interesting weird, because it's natural that the brain completes the lines in a natural form and not breaking it, making an effect of cutted off legs rather than "They're made of clouds/they're hide in the cloud"

The rest is ok, but my phrase was just a tease because I HARDLY will EVER use Legendaries. They're always on everybody team, but that's my biased opinion.

To recognize, typing-wise they're all interesting, for sure.

Steelia
20th September 2010, 1:31 AM
Genosekuto seems to be the Mewtwo of this generation (considering its background). But what i am interested in is which ancient Bug pokemon was it created from. We know that Mewtwo was created from Mew's DNA, but what Bug pokemon was modified to make "Genosekuto".

Also as Genosekuto is an event pokemon and that too the last one of the dex, it would take almost 3 years before we find out the official story behind its creation. But i wonder if its creation would be related to Team Rocket or vice verse i.e., Mewtwo was created using data from the modifications done too Genosekuto.

Aww, man, if the movie remains true to its Pokedex (Genosect being altered by Team Plasma), I would love to see a face-off between it and Mewtwo. Rocket VS. Plasma; I'd pay to see that. *_*
...Of course, probably not gonna happen. Don't see service like that these days...

...In any case, afraid I'm on the same boat as many others; not very big on the genies at all. They're taking the longest time to sink in, even longer than the 3rd Gen Legends (had a really tough time accepting them, particularly ones like Rayquaza)... Doesn't help that they have the exact same starting poses, just making edits to similar body pieces. They don't even change their face glares. That's just... I thought Pokemon was above that. Look at Latias and Latios; had the Latis both been glaring, similarly-stanced Pkmn, I'm sure people would've gotten on them... but no. Latios is the meaner, fiercer one, while Latias is the cute-faced, playful-looking one. Just by their faces and pose changes alone, they look like totally different Pkmn, despite their many structure-similar similarities.
But the genies?....... You'd think Japan would pay more homage to such myths than nearly-carbon-copy Pkmn like that... Just keeps tickling at my funny bone. I'm sure eventually they'll stick, especially if the three of them appear in a movie or something, but for now... ack... it's a waste of Legendary space to me... and the Legendaries are what I look forward to most each generation... ):

That's my opinion on it, though. Eventually, I'm sure... Eventually.

Mewtwo_soul
20th September 2010, 1:39 AM
Just to clairfy Team Rocket only created Mewtwo in the anime/manga. >.>

Lorde
20th September 2010, 1:48 AM

Different animations? Really? Well if they were going to go ahead and give the trio a different animation, then they should have had the decency to give them each completely different sprites too lol. I'm just a bit sour that they went ahead and copypasted rather than made the sprites from scratch. I like my Legendary Pokemon to be unique and not almost exact copies of each other :<

BCVM22
20th September 2010, 1:51 AM
The genies are no more similar to each other than are the Birds of Kanto, the Beasts of Johto or the Golems of Hoenn. If the stationary sprites weren't posed identically, people wouldn't be keening nearly as loudly as they are.

Aquanova
20th September 2010, 1:59 AM
To be honest, I was expecting Kyuremu to be as epic if not more than Reshiram and Zekrom. Then I saw melkor's post that said it looked like a chicken, i laughed. When I saw Kyuremu, i was pretty dissapointed. It looks so puny next to Reshiram and Zekrom. It looks like a bird with no feathers, really hope for a new form in the 3rd game. Does it have good attacks and stats?

I kinda like Meloia. its interesting, and i want to see its other form.

Jessie Mulay
20th September 2010, 2:31 AM
http://www.pokecharms.com/games/images/6/66/BW_Fr_641.pnghttp://www.pokecharms.com/games/images/5/56/BW_Fr_642.pnghttp://www.pokecharms.com/games/images/c/cd/BW_Fr_645.png
Kinda look the same..

Varnani
20th September 2010, 2:39 AM
I still want to see Sugimori's official artwork of those legendaries, as I can barely understand some of them XD
Yet many of the type combinations seem rather cool, can't wait to play the game!

thanks for the info!

razz

LexSuicune
20th September 2010, 2:41 AM
The Raijin's are absolutely hideous lol.

I dig the fighting beasts far more. Raijin's have what I love to call a lazy design.

xsedr
20th September 2010, 2:49 AM
Originally I would have been a Team Zekrom man myself but Reshirim is really starting to grow on me. I don't really care which version I get as I know someone else will get the other so I can complete the Dex but I'm torn between the dragons. I also like the other legendaries though the genies were really a poor choice. The same model with minor tweaks, come on Gamefreak.

Jessie Mulay
20th September 2010, 2:53 AM
What are the Raijins?

Flaming Panda
20th September 2010, 2:58 AM
Id like to comment on the people hatin and dissin da rajins. What if they were meant to be similiar, like they were triplits or bros or something and each one was given a specific role to do? I like that idea.

zaza
20th September 2010, 3:03 AM
Why is it that we don't have a picture of Meloetta's step forme?

Mewtwo_soul
20th September 2010, 3:04 AM
I agree again with Flaming Panda. I'm certain those three are based off of the folk tale of the three identical genies. I mean they even match up (same number, etc.) I think it could be possible sense.

ForeverFlame
20th September 2010, 3:08 AM
I hope the Djinns have different sprites in the redux game. It's really tacky for them to have the same base. I seriously can't tell them apart by their designs - only by their colors. Once shinies get involved, I'm clueless.

Jessie Mulay
20th September 2010, 3:11 AM
What are the Rajins..?

Charzonsos
20th September 2010, 3:33 AM
What are the Rajins..?

The ones that are flying and on clouds. Kinda look like Genies

Chimchar15
20th September 2010, 3:37 AM
I love the Rajins and the musketeers they're both good. The only legendaries I have problems with are Meloia and Kerudio. Other than those two I'm good.

Lorde
20th September 2010, 3:44 AM
Kinda look the same..

I know, that's what I've been saying for a while now, but some people believe that because their animated sprites are a tad bit different, that it makes up for their similar base. I find them to be the ugliest Legendaries in a long time and I don't really think I'll ever use them in the games; I'll just catch them for PokeDex purposes. I wish there was a list of Legendaries with images around; not being able to tell them apart is ticking me off :x

WurmpleKing
20th September 2010, 4:20 AM
I don't think the Raijins are horrible however, I do think its pitiful that they all share the same sprite position. Latias and Latios for instance are both extremely similar, but at least their sprite positions are different, making it easier for people to accept. Really Gamefreak, is it to much to ask for different positions?

LexSuicune
20th September 2010, 4:23 AM
My favourite Legendaries as of right now are:

Kerudio
Reshiram
Meloia
Kyuremu

Varnani
20th September 2010, 4:28 AM
I don't think the Raijins look that bad, though the ring thing reminds me of a tentacle and that's just creepy :/

razz

TheSwram!
20th September 2010, 4:42 AM
Kyuremu Looks pretty ugly, like a featherless chicken or bird, and the Raijins look ugly and similar as well though I like the Genie idea.

Blastoise888
20th September 2010, 4:49 AM
I love all the Legendaries my favorites are:

Zekrom
Genosect
Torneros
The Musketeers

well still I love them all.

Mewtwo_soul
20th September 2010, 4:52 AM
I like the Ice/Dragon quite a bit. reminds me of a Pluto (Hades) based myth. Ice!=Death. This sort of fits how it looks sickly in parts of its design. Also looks like a mixture of a Wyvern/KOUM. dragon. Interesting to say the least.

Phantomnazo
20th September 2010, 5:56 AM
The ice/dragon reminds me of trex. They have a lot of similarities. I am really hoping he will have an alternate form in the 3rd game, maybe a full ice armor form?

marbig
20th September 2010, 6:58 AM
The genies are abysmal. Completely disgusting.

BCVM22
20th September 2010, 7:02 AM
The genies are abysmal. Completely disgusting.

You know what's even worse? The incessant, hyperbolic complaining about them.

Really, if you find them that abysmal, that disgusting, you are more than free to not buy a game. If they're not so terrible that they aren't going to force you into such a decision, and knowing that complaining will change absolutely nothing, then what's the point?

Not to single you out, and reply with "I have the right to voice my opinion!" if you want, but there it is.

Lishus13
20th September 2010, 7:03 AM
I think it's nice to give them all the same sprite. They obviously control similar...oh, how do I say this....they basically do the same thing, but with different weather, so I think it's cool to have them all in the same pose.

iamUNOWN
20th September 2010, 7:05 AM
victini looks like a little weak pokemon, but i guess its appearance will be very deceiving :P cant wait for the english version

Ememew
20th September 2010, 7:09 AM
Let me guess, BCVM22, you've seen waaay too many posts like that tonight, right? That particular post didn't seem to mention anything about the whole Gen being ruined by that trio.

marbig, there are Pokemon people will like and dislike every gen, but simply complaining and saying they're bad tends to provoke people. Try saying why you like or dislike something.
I'm curious, why are the genies "abysmal" in your opinion? Is it because they basically look like recolored copies of each other? I'm not to fond of that aspect either, but I'm holding out until I know more about them to make a judgment (they could have a pretty interesting story around them).

Many people judge something on first impressions. Give it time, then decide if you like them or not (if you still don't, that's OK too). Look for other Pokemon this Gen you DO like.

Ltrainer
20th September 2010, 7:15 AM
The trio genies are quite possibly the worst legendaries in my opinion. Even below the trio Regis, trio Pixies, and Heatran. lol.

The story and inspiration behind their designs are cool but I just dislike human-looking Pokemon in general. Mr. Mime and Jynx don't look too bad...The genies just look like someone's annoyed, drunk grandfather or something. XD

Another reason why I'm annoyed is that the typing is pretty cool as well. Our first pure flying type, ground/flying, electric/flying and they gave it to some ugly *** genies. They should of made it into some sort of flying mythical animal or something...Maybe a griffin, pegasus, and some other animal.

Lord_Kain
20th September 2010, 7:15 AM
^^
heatran is the best.

am i the only one who thinks the ice dragon is awesome? though it may just be because hes an ice dragon.

my favorites are in order: Zerkom, Kyuremu, Birijion.

BCVM22
20th September 2010, 7:17 AM
Let me guess, BCVM22, you've seen waaay too many posts like that tonight, right?

Search this subforum for "genies" and its various misspellings; it's like a torrent of ill-conceived whining and anger.

"They look too much alike!" Yeah, they do look alike... funny how it wasn't a problem when the birds, beasts, Regis and pixies all shared similar body structures and other features in the same way...

"The sprites are posed identically!" Yeah, they are... funny thing, though, is that the battle sprites animate thoroughly and constantly now. Their Pokédex sprites just happen to be posed the same. Imagine that... what is ostensibly meant to be an in-world reference would take three related Pokémon and pose them the same when referring to them.

On and on and on.

The genies just look like someone's annoyed.

Have a bunch of jaded teenagers complain about your looks and posit that you should have instead been some pansy-*** griffin or pegasus and see how you look after a while.

ishot_JT
20th September 2010, 7:27 AM
I found Meloetta alternate form, so pretty.

I still think she was inspired by lady gaga :D
http://i.imgur.com/YGGEr.png

Ememew
20th September 2010, 7:30 AM
Ltrainer, isn't a genie a "mythical" creature as well?

Something tells me that if one or two of the trio were a griffin or pegasus, there would be quite a few people complaining about them as well (wah, the pegasus's wings look too fluffy, I hate the griffin because it looks more like an eagle when it's supposed to look more like a lion, etc).

First impressions may stick with you a while, but still, give them time before deciding. First impressions are not always the best thing to go on.

EDIT: I think the introduction of a pure Flying type is pretty neat. At this point, I don't really care what Pokemon has that type (the fact that it's a legendary is cool, but I wouldn't care if it was the pidgeon).
It sets a new precedent that can be further explored in future Gens. (Still hoping they'll eventually make something the ??? type, but that's out of the picture this go around.)

BCVM22
20th September 2010, 7:31 AM
I still think she was inspired by lady gaga

Except for where she doesn't appear to be bat**** insane and the only thing they appear to have in common is that they're both singers.

ishot_JT
20th September 2010, 7:50 AM
I found the shiny sprites of all the legendary Isshu pokemon and they look way better, especially that my little pony pokemon.

http://veekun.com/dex/media/black-white/shiny/494.png
http://veekun.com/dex/media/black-white/shiny/639.png
http://veekun.com/dex/media/black-white/shiny/640.png
http://veekun.com/dex/media/black-white/shiny/648-red.png
http://veekun.com/dex/media/black-white/shiny/647.png

I hope I don't get banned T_T

ishot_JT
20th September 2010, 7:53 AM
Except for where she doesn't appear to be bat**** insane and the only thing they appear to have in common is that they're both singers.

Lmao well Meloetta is an event pokemon so she might appear on a future Pokemon movie. *crossing my fingers for an anime GaGa character*

shiny_arceus
20th September 2010, 7:56 AM

And I thought comparing the new pokemon to digimon was bad enough

Lord_Kain
20th September 2010, 7:58 AM
First impressions may stick with you a while, but still, give them time before deciding. First impressions are not always the best thing to go on.

this is true, when i first saw all the new pokemon a few days ago. i hated them, thought they were all completely retarded. but now i think most of them are awesome. the only ones i still dont like are the VERY dumb ones (garbage bags, lights, snowflake, ice cream, gears, etc.)

koolhk
20th September 2010, 8:06 AM
Do the event Pokemon have in-game events?

Mr. E Goods
20th September 2010, 8:09 AM
You know what's even worse? The incessant, hyperbolic complaining about them.

Really, if you find them that abysmal, that disgusting, you are more than free to not buy a game. If they're not so terrible that they aren't going to force you into such a decision, and knowing that complaining will change absolutely nothing, then what's the point?

Not to single you out, and reply with "I have the right to voice my opinion!" if you want, but there it is.

You are a very mean person BCVM22. I completely agree with Marbig. They are abysmal. Dont llash out at someone and be a smart ** by telling them not to buy the game.

BCVM22
20th September 2010, 8:37 AM
You are a very mean person BCVM22.

Untrue. I let people change lanes in front of me while driving and I hold doors open for old ladies.

I completely agree with Marbig. They are abysmal.

Okay. Good for you. And...?

Dont llash out at someone and be a smart ** by telling them not to buy the game.

Who's being a smartass? It's the truth. If something is that terrible, don't buy the game(s) - no one's forcing you. If it's not so terrible that it's not going to cause you to forego the game, then clearly it can't actually be that bad. And in any case, what real point whatsoever is there to complaining about it? Are they going to actually change the designs if someone complains? Right. So that people can "hear your opinion"? Lordy, I dunno what I'd do if I wasn't able to hear someone else level a poorly-conceived complaint about the dot art for three fictitious creatures in a children's video game.

Simple truth. Complaining, literally, does nothing. Why bother?

O Fortuna
20th September 2010, 8:40 AM
You are a very mean person BCVM22. I completely agree with Marbig. They are abysmal. Dont llash out at someone and be a smart ** by telling them not to buy the game.

He's hardly a mean person. He is just a somewhat blunt voice of reason amongst a huge amount of incessant, adolescent tantrums about certain Pokemon not meeting people's exact wishes.

When you've been around these boards as long as BCVM22 and I (and quite a few of us other older members), you tend to get a fair bit jaded after a while.

marbig
20th September 2010, 10:24 AM
Easy BCVM22, I'm not trying to start anything here. I'm just saying I really do not like three Pokemon out of these 150+. You're telling me I don't have to buy the games? Okay that's great, cheers. Reckon I'll get White though, since I'm looking forward to it very much and have more intelligence than to let a tiny tiny fraction of something ruin the entire thing for me. I just find these three to be ugly. As most of the Pokemon I dislike initially seem to grow on me eventually, it's likely that these will too at some point.
And here's the part you wanted me to say: I'm just sharing my opinion on a few of the legendary Pokemon. If that's not what I'm supposed to do here, then I'm sincerely sorry.

bobandbill
20th September 2010, 10:32 AM
That's the Pokemon fandom for you! =D

Shifting the topic away from people's opinions and whatnot and back to the legendary Pokemon... I'll admit the genies didn't interest me much when I first saw them, but I wouldn't mind knowing more on the role they serve in the game and whatnot - that has part to do with my likes/dislikes on the legendary Pokemon anyway. I actually like the fighting trio - different to what I expected when they were mentioned which intrigues me, and I like their look for the most part too.

The event legendaries I really quite like though, including the bug-cannon one and Meloetta. =)

Aquanova
20th September 2010, 2:24 PM

Wow i like it alot. Im not sure about the Gaga thing, but hey, Isshu is america.

*Jean Grey*
20th September 2010, 3:03 PM
I think I may have found a possible basis of Meloetta: the Leanan Sidhe. Its Pokedex entry could reference it a bit...

http://www.monstropedia.org/index.php?title=Leanan_Sidhe
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leanan_s&#237;dhe

Meloetta's Pokedex entry: The melodies it plays on its meroetta provided the inspiration for many famous works of music.

Yeah,kinda vague, but it's mainly the part of it being an inspiration to musicians and the like..not sure about Step Forme though...

Gligari
20th September 2010, 3:07 PM
Is Meruba or whatever the moth thing a legendary? Hes available late and at level 70.

*Jean Grey*
20th September 2010, 3:10 PM
Nope, it just has a high BST (550)

BladedInferno
20th September 2010, 3:28 PM

do you know where I can find the sprites thats shows the alternate colors for genosect?

LexSuicune
20th September 2010, 4:29 PM
Is Meruba or whatever the moth thing a legendary? Hes available late and at level 70.

I thought you could get Meraruba as an egg before the E4.

togekiss POWAAA
20th September 2010, 4:34 PM
reshiram is really kinda stupid looking, zekrom looks cool though

Chimchar15
20th September 2010, 4:57 PM
I thought you could get Meraruba as an egg before the E4.

You get get the egg a route 18 and it's evolved form at lv.70 somewhere else in the game. Although I'm not sure if you can get the egg before you beat the league.

Aquanova
20th September 2010, 5:00 PM
reshiram is really kinda stupid looking, zekrom looks cool though

what? no Reshiram is the best legendary

pickledArbok
20th September 2010, 5:09 PM

The first form reminds me of bewitched and the second one looks like its got a playboy bunny note on its hair, I actually like this legendary I wonder whats its story, too bad its an event legend.

togekiss POWAAA
20th September 2010, 5:09 PM
what? no Reshiram is the best legendary

admitedly his attacks are pretty good, but reshiram looks a bit stupid, kinda like an upside-down palkia

Isis-sama
20th September 2010, 5:16 PM
Reshiram doesn't look like an upside-down Palkia in the least . . . I like how it looks, and I think Zekrom looks good too.

togekiss POWAAA
20th September 2010, 5:20 PM
zekrom is cool, im probably gonna get black

pickledArbok
20th September 2010, 5:23 PM
zekrom is cool, im probably gonna get black

Zekrom's in white I think.

togekiss POWAAA
20th September 2010, 5:27 PM
huh? well thats odd, i thought he was in black

LexSuicune
20th September 2010, 5:36 PM
Zekrom's in White, Reshiram's in black.

Following the Ying/Yang symbolism.

togekiss POWAAA
20th September 2010, 5:37 PM
oh, i see, thats quite clever really

Ariaces
20th September 2010, 5:52 PM
I was thinking, since Zekrom is Yin doesn't that make him the nice one while Reshiram is the harsh one?

Also, I really prefer Mel's fighting form.

Chimchar15
20th September 2010, 5:55 PM
I was thinking, since Zekrom is Yin doesn't that make him the nice one while Reshiram is the harsh one?

Also, I really prefer Mel's fighting form.

Nope Yin= negative, dark, cold, feminine, Yang= positive, bright, warm, and masculine.

lolipiece
20th September 2010, 7:00 PM
nearly everyone assumes Yin is the more feminine one due to the fact that it sounds like a feminine word..

The_Boss_Giygas
20th September 2010, 7:09 PM
The genie trio I don't like, from a distance they look way too similar and they all have basically the same cloud and body shape. The regis all had differen body shapes, the trio birds had different wing,tail, and head shapes, the trio beast had way different face & head shapes as well as tail and all that.
Aside from design, the genie idea is cool.

Kyuremu
Looks very weak/fragile and damn ugly, the dragon ice type is cool though.

Genosekto
Now this legendary I like, in purple it reminds me of Shockwave from Transformers just move the cannon to his hand.

As many say, if you don't like something don't use it, but I barely go for legends anyways so it works out.

s2daam
20th September 2010, 7:11 PM
I love how Meloetta looks! I really wonder what the event pokemon's events are!

natie
20th September 2010, 7:29 PM
Am I the only person that thinks Kyuremu actually looks the best of all new Pokeymen? I mean, it's a light blue dragon, he's incredibly old (which means he must've witnessed many things, if not everything), and the 'broken' aspect is sweet! :3

Lorde
20th September 2010, 7:29 PM
To add more to my dislike of the cloud-riding trio, I just found out that Torunerosu or whatever it's name is and one of the other cloud-riding Pokemon are version exclusive Pokemon too. Meaning that we have to link up with the opposite version to get the other and get all three of them for the PokeDex. Just what we needed; more Legendary Pokemon that need to be obtained via trades. In related news, would anyone be so kind as to tell me the difference between all three members of this trio? Since they all look alike, I have a hard time telling each apart.

The_Boss_Giygas
20th September 2010, 7:44 PM
In related news, would anyone be so kind as to tell me the difference between all three members of this trio? Since they all look alike, I have a hard time telling each apart.

Design wise The color of their skin and the shape of their long tail thing is virtually the only main feature that sets them apart, if you pose them in the same way and show only a black silhouette of them you would not be able to tell the difference so much as opposed to earlier trios that had different body shapes and appendages and such. It's like the same person trying on different tails and maybe different hair styles that's it. As far as their stories I don't know.

Pamizard
20th September 2010, 7:49 PM
That purple insect legendary looks awesome i hope the event to get it won't be difficult to obtain

Lorde
20th September 2010, 7:55 PM
That purple insect legendary looks awesome i hope the event to get it won't be difficult to obtain

You mean that Geno insect thing? I don't think it'll be too common, unlike Meloia and that other horse-like event exclusive Legendary in Black and White. The Legendary bug is like Arceus and Arceus still hasn't been released via Wi-Fi, only via Wireless download. I think we can pretty much expect the same thing with this new Bug/Steel Legendary Pokemon :S

Ungoliath
20th September 2010, 8:01 PM
I like Melo-Gaga new form. Looks stylish.

LexSuicune
20th September 2010, 8:30 PM
Melo-Gaga? That HAS to be the dumbest thing i've ever heard.

Anyways, I'm actually looking forward seing these new legends' Sugimori artwork moreso than any other in previous gens.

Ariaces
20th September 2010, 8:45 PM
Nope Yin= negative, dark, cold, feminine, Yang= positive, bright, warm, and masculine.

Fair enough, it's just that some of the Yin character aspects, such as gentleness or patience may be considered part of a nicer character.

I still like how they chose the element types for the two, seeing as Yang is a sunny area so would easily be fire related, while Yin being darker could be cloud covered, which ties to storms clouds leading into electricity.

Shneak
20th September 2010, 8:50 PM
I honestly don't like any of the starters except for Zekrom, Reshiram and the pony, and even they aren't great. Both trios are boring and badly designed. The woman and the bug robot disappointed me, I thought they'd be better.

Ungoliath
20th September 2010, 8:50 PM
Melo-Gaga? That HAS to be the dumbest thing i've ever heard.

Anyways, I'm actually looking forward seing these new legends' Sugimori artwork moreso than any other in previous gens.
:(
But I should correct you, it's the dumbest thing you ever read.

Aether13
20th September 2010, 8:53 PM
I personally like all the new legendariesbut would you guys consider the beasts the trio or the genies?

Meganium
20th September 2010, 9:18 PM
Beasts, you can get them all in one game.

Missingno.Fan
20th September 2010, 9:28 PM
I really dislike the genies. They have no creativity and they don't even look like Pokemon. I like the other trio better. What should we call them? The Musketeer trio?

Lorde
20th September 2010, 9:33 PM
I really dislike the genies. They have no creativity and they don't even look like Pokemon. I like the other trio better. What should we call them? The Musketeer trio?

I just have a question; why is everyone calling them the Musketeer trio? I've heard that term used so often now and I just don't get it. Yeah there are three of those "things" in Isshu and they're a group, but the name itself isn't all that creative, like some of the previous names for trios. I don't like this trio very much either. They do look like Pokemon, they just feel cheap. Two look like Arceus which is cool but then the third member looks like a dog/bull. I mean, why not just give them all similar designs? Not exact copies like the genies but something similar, a common theme, etc.

pichu-is-super-cute
20th September 2010, 9:39 PM
Kyuremu is my new favourite Pokemon! It's design is shrouwded in a mysterious enveirenment ... LOVE IT!

Pucca_ness
20th September 2010, 10:02 PM
I dislike the genies and not too fond of the fighting trio either.

I was really excited at the prospect of a pure flying type and now i find out it's a) Ugly and b) exclusive to black. I'm getting white.

Perhaps they have been given the musketeer thing because they are all part fighting and all have a sword attack?

I think it is a lame name aswell.

I like the ice dragon =], it's one of the few dragon type pokemon that looks like a traditional fantasy dragon. Argue with me if you like i just ask that you compare traditional dragon illustrations from history/stories with most of the dragon type pokemon and see how similar or different they are.

My favourite is Zekrom definately =] so cool.

Flaming Panda
20th September 2010, 10:44 PM
I just have a question; why is everyone calling them the Musketeer trio? I've heard that term used so often now and I just don't get it. Yeah there are three of those "things" in Isshu and they're a group, but the name itself isn't all that creative, like some of the previous names for trios. I don't like this trio very much either. They do look like Pokemon, they just feel cheap. Two look like Arceus which is cool but then the third member looks like a dog/bull. I mean, why not just give them all similar designs? Not exact copies like the genies but something similar, a common theme, etc.

From what ive gathered from other posts, the horse trio,(i guess they are horses lol), are based off of the 3 musketeers.

FireEmblemAddict
20th September 2010, 10:45 PM
Honestly the only legendaries from this gen I like are Reshiram, grass/fighting horsey, and Melioa's Step Form

The rest leave me with a very disgusted face hahah

TR_Jessie
20th September 2010, 10:58 PM
I like Kyuremu a lot for some reason. I'm very excited about it!

I wish I could still see what the other pokemon look like, though. :(

Rixo
20th September 2010, 11:02 PM
http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/638.png http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/639.png http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/640.png: Personally, this trio does make sense to me as the "Three Musketeers", based on what I've read of why they were created and how each one of them is like a different character from the story. But, I do wonder why they were created as these type of creatures, and not something else. They could have been created in the image of another sort of animal. But overall, Im pretty content with them. Im sure their official art will give me a better outlook.

http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/641.png http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/642.png http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/645.png: I do have to say that it is annoying that they all pretty much have the same structure; body wise and whatnot. It would have been cooler to give each of them the same look, as they did, but simply give each one a different type of look at the same. Say make the Pure somewhat Pure looking, rather than it's current state. Make another fat, just to add the difference in appearance. And the last one normal sized. The rings/tails/whatever they are are cool, I suppose...

http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/643.png http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/644.png http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/646.png: I honestly feel like I've seen the chicken thing once before. I feel like I'd need a backstory to it or something because right now, I definitely hate it.

http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/647.png http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/648.png http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/649.png: This trip only appeals to me because someone brought up how they were based off of children's toys. Which I love. :]

Pokemon_Special_Fan
20th September 2010, 11:17 PM
I liked how Reshiram and Zekrom represented Yin and Yang. However, I'm curious on what the 3rd dragon is suppose to be. Something in between Yin and Yang?

In fact, I'm confused on the backstory for all the legendaries of this region. Probably because there's isn't much information on their backstory.

Mewtwo_soul
20th September 2010, 11:54 PM

Just because they are quad, doesn't mean they are like Arceus. Those things (aside from the Water/Fighting) don't even look similar to a horse/goat hybrid. Even then the first three of the trio look nothing like Arceus. Also, they're based on the three musketeers. It isn't really that bad of a concept and before argued "why quad instead of Bi or such a creature" there could be many reasonings for specific details.

Also, there are quite a few differences on the other trio. Hair, horns (one has one, one has two, one has three), tails/tentacle, color, and a few other differences. Just the main stance is the same. (along with concept)

lindsy95
21st September 2010, 12:01 AM
Kyuremu is probably gonna get a new form.

The three event legends are based off of toys? hey, it looks like they are I wonder, since Genosect has a realtion to plasma, do the others?

franticdude
21st September 2010, 12:57 AM
http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/646.png

I think this one is pretty cool,but I have a Little doubt...

is a 100% confirmed that kyuremu is the "third" legendary after Reshiram and Zekrom? or it's just an apart legendary?

BCVM22
21st September 2010, 1:07 AM
It's Dragon/Ice, while Reshiram and Zekrom are Dragon/Fire and Dragon/Electric, respectively. This is likely not a coincidence.

SergeiDragunov
21st September 2010, 1:10 AM
Kyuremu is probably gonna get a new form.

The three event legends are based off of toys? hey, it looks like they are I wonder, since Genosect has a realtion to plasma, do the others?

Genosect is not a toy. He's an ACTION FIGURE. XD

LexSuicune
21st September 2010, 1:11 AM
I noticed Genosect's laser beam's power battery thingy changes colors, perhaps an Arceus plate thingy?

nikohesus
21st September 2010, 1:16 AM
I noticed Genosect's laser beam's power battery thingy changes colors, perhaps an Arceus plate thingy?

There are actually hold items for it called batteries that change its type.

Anyways, I've figured out the mystery behind this toy trio. As we know, these monsters are based off toys and Genosect seems to be modified by Team Plasma.

Who remembers N's toy room? Eh? Apparently freeing pokemon isn't enough for Team Plasma... they've gotta create pokemon...

Penguin_Lover
21st September 2010, 1:17 AM
http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/646.png
I honestly feel like I've seen the chicken thing once before.

Maybe because it looks a bit like this bird over here,
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/emespr/emespr227.png

Anyways, I'm interested in the R@m's trio master. It looks like it's been melted. I'm looking forward to Pokemon Grey to see this Pokemon's back story.

Luxrayess
21st September 2010, 1:22 AM
Genosect is not a toy. He's an ACTION FIGURE. XD

Awesome. Sigged, especially since we were talking about this in the 5th Gen social group. XD

Vivian
21st September 2010, 1:25 AM
As for tornerus, boltorus and randorus, they are a trio, they have to be similar, but their tails, moustaches, hairs and horns are diferent. I thought that nintendo was lazy too when i first saw Uxie, mespirit and azelf, they have exactly the same the same body with faces with diferent color, hairs and eyes. But them, I realized that they were born of the same eggs, so, it makes sense that they are that similar.

SergeiDragunov
21st September 2010, 1:28 AM
Awesome. Sigged, especially since we were talking about this in the 5th Gen social group. XD

=D I feel special.

BCVM22
21st September 2010, 1:29 AM
To further the case of Kyuremu being the third counterpart to Reshiram and Zekrom, their respective movesets mirror each other but for the points at which they learn attacks of their respective types (Flamethrower/Thunderbolt/Ice Beam, Fire Blast/Thunder/Blizzard, etc) and if I'm not mistaken, the "-rem" at the end of its name matches up with "-ram" and "-rom" as well.

I would say that if there was any doubt, it should be long gone.

KingGold
21st September 2010, 1:30 AM
Zekrom is badass imo. <3 The third legendary dragon looks like a chicken covered in armor,lol. Skarmory reference much?

http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/646.png =/= http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/emespr/emespr227.png ??

Flaming Panda
21st September 2010, 1:36 AM
I was looking at the ice dragons wings when i noticed the tips. Those arnt icicles like i first thought. They look more like light bulbs, and no im not saying those are actual lightbulbs. This lead me to my theory of it. I have a feeling that team plazma actually captured it and tried to alter it by adding stuff to make it more powerfull, but in the end they failed miserably and decided to hide the abomination in that hall/cave place so they could keep their reputation as an organization that tries to help pokemon or whatever the hell they do. I think that a backstory like that could really give the 3rd game an amazing main story because you would have to stop a hypocritical organization.

lolipiece
21st September 2010, 1:36 AM
if anyone is wondering the musketeers are connected to Kerudio

here is some info about the event

In a nutshell, Kerudio comes out from its Pok&#233; Ball when taken to a certain forest where Kobaruron, Terakion, Birijion are waiting. Someone tells the story of the four warriors and the forest: Many years ago, a war took place between men, and the forest was burned down. This rendered Kerudio an orphan, and so the warrior trio took pity on it and became its foster parents. Apparently, Kerudio has been on its own for some time, and now that it meets its "parents" again, they wish to teach it new moves (it may just be one move, but I'm guessing that those moves are Metal Burst, Stone Edge and Leaf Blade). After that, Kerudio goes back to its Pok&#233; Ball and the warriors seem to depart.

lindsy95
21st September 2010, 1:39 AM
There are actually hold items for it called batteries that change its type.

Anyways, I've figured out the mystery behind this toy trio. As we know, these monsters are based off toys and Genosect seems to be modified by Team Plasma.

Who remembers N's toy room? Eh? Apparently freeing pokemon isn't enough for Team Plasma... they've gotta create pokemon...

I was wondering about that too, I ownder if there are any in-game events for the legends? (that are unlocked by wondercards ans somesuch, I mean)

BCVM22
21st September 2010, 1:41 AM
here is some info about the event.

And which member of the consortium of fansites currently dissecting Black and White is the source for this?

Jirachi Kidd
21st September 2010, 1:44 AM
I just noticed the 3rd dragon (Ice type) has little arms.. O_O
I thought his wings were his arms like Reshiram's are.

O Fortuna
21st September 2010, 1:57 AM
I seem to be one of the few people who fell in love with Kyurem upon first seeing it, and its shiny form is glorious. Perhaps it is my bias towards Ice types, but it is my favourite of the trio, and my favourite legendary of this generation.

Lorde
21st September 2010, 1:59 AM
I just noticed the 3rd dragon (Ice type) has little arms.. O_O
I thought his wings were his arms like Reshiram's are.

I just barely noticed that it had arms; I couldn't see them because they blend in to it's skin so easily haha. I still love that Dragon/Ice Legendary Pokemon but as usual, I forget it's name...

Just because they are quad, doesn't mean they are like Arceus. Those things (aside from the Water/Fighting) don't even look similar to a horse/goat hybrid. Even then the first three of the trio look nothing like Arceus. Also, they're based on the three musketeers. It isn't really that bad of a concept and before argued "why quad instead of Bi or such a creature" there could be many reasonings for specific details.

Also, there are quite a few differences on the other trio. Hair, horns (one has one, one has two, one has three), tails/tentacle, color, and a few other differences. Just the main stance is the same. (along with concept)

Two of the members of the first trio look like horses to me, which is why I said they look similar to Arceus. Mind you, I said they look similar, not that they have exactly the same characteristics or anything more. I don't see how two horse-like Pokemon and one bull-like Pokemon look anything like the three musketeers. Last time I checked, musketeers didn't walk on four legs, nor did they look remotely animalistic.

As for the other trio; I still cannot tell them apart without the images but Serebii and almost every other major sites have removed them...

LexSuicune
21st September 2010, 2:03 AM
I absolutely love Kyurem, reminds me of old school RPG's bosses :p

Jirachi Kidd
21st September 2010, 2:03 AM
I just barely noticed that it had arms; I couldn't see them because they blend in to it's skin so easily haha. I still love that Dragon/Ice Legendary Pokemon but as usual, I forget it's name...

Haha, same same. I just can't wait till me get the Sugimori Art to see all these pokemon up close and detailed :D

death_merch617
21st September 2010, 3:41 AM
um about the fighting trio, saying the water one is apart of it would make perfect since considering typing learning basicly the say moves,if the trio is like the musketters would only futher support it seeing there is actually four muskeeters. i think the dragon/ice will get a new form. i can see the back story be like it tryed to stop zekrom and reshram from fighting and got badly damaged

Blazenuva
21st September 2010, 3:50 AM
I can't say that I like the Dragon/Ice legendary, and normally I LOVE 3rd version creatures. Giratina's design was simply epic win and Rayquaza was amazing.

And for some reason, I get the feeling that this legendary looks almost fragile...., as if it is missing something. Perhaps its needs an item in order to unlock its true, powerful form (and give it a massive base stat boost).

Seraphina
21st September 2010, 4:08 AM
Kyuremu better have an alternate form. I feel like it is falling apart =[

Carlisle
21st September 2010, 4:18 AM
The legendaries this generation are....interesting.

Victini is awesome, and I LOVE Reshiram, Zekrom, and Kyuremu as well. Kyuremu looks very fragile, and I'm willing to be their will be a story on that. He'll probably get an alternate forme in the third game.

The event trio seems cool. I love Genosekuto and Meloia (both formes), but I'm not sure if I like Kerudio. It seems a bit silly, but I think I will learn to like it.

I am not impressed by the Fighting trio. I don't have a strong opinion on them one way or the other, but I really dislike the cow thing. The genie trio is just terrible.

Overall, 13 legendaries, four of which are event... seems like a good amount.

death_merch617
21st September 2010, 4:27 AM
um about the fighting trio, saying the water one is apart of it would make perfect since considering typing learning basicly the say moves,if the trio is like the musketters would only futher support it seeing there is actually four muskeeters. i think the dragon/ice will get a new form. i can see the back story be like it tryed to stop zekrom and reshram from fighting and got badly damaged

sorry forgot something

Lorde
21st September 2010, 6:14 PM

Is that the Dragon/Ice-types name? Kyuremu? I don't recall but I'll assume it is. I don't think it looks that bad. It's a little long-necked for my tastes but it's unique type combination more than makes up for that in the long run. I don't like that it has little arms but that too isn't such a big deal when you consider that it probably wouldn't need arms to attack anyway :p

natie
21st September 2010, 6:23 PM
Is that the Dragon/Ice-types name? Kyuremu? I don't recall but I'll assume it is. I don't think it looks that bad. It's a little long-necked for my tastes but it's unique type combination more than makes up for that in the long run. I don't like that it has little arms but that too isn't such a big deal when you consider that it probably wouldn't need arms to attack anyway :pWait... what? I'm pretty sure that only yesterday, you were complaining it looked like crap...

Flaming Panda
21st September 2010, 6:28 PM
Lololol. I'm loving how all my posts usually get ignored. Makes me sad...

Jk. Guess my theorys are stupid lol.

lolipiece
21st September 2010, 6:30 PM
And which member of the consortium of fansites currently dissecting Black and White is the source for this?

and now it's confirmed...

Lorde
21st September 2010, 6:31 PM
Wait... what? I'm pretty sure that only yesterday, you were complaining it looked like crap...

Not exactly:

I posted this yesterday, just a few posts above my previous one. As you can see, I really don't mind the Dragon/Ice type. I was just saying recently that I don't really much like it's little arms. That's all though. I admit that my mind changes often but this is one Pokemon I've been pretty consistent on :[

natie
21st September 2010, 6:59 PM
Alright, nevermind then, I'm an idiot.

Missingno.Fan
22nd September 2010, 12:14 AM
Yeah it's like a turtle without a shell

KuroiMawile
22nd September 2010, 1:26 AM
When I saw the flying pokemon listed (not the picture, just that a pure flying pokemon) I thought we'd be getting a 'rod' based pokemon:
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:d5vnLy5th2w4tM:http://www.pinkraygun.com/wp-content/uploads/dont%20judge%20me/Rods2.jpg&t=1

but genies are nice too, I guess. (I like that their hair is different and tail-tentacle).

Three musketeers +1, I think are fine, except the rock one; just seems too big.

Ra/e/om trio... I don't get it. If Ram is natural energy, rom is electrical/man-made energy, what could rem be?

Something about a pokemon with GENOCIDE in it's name makes me worried, but interested.

Dippamus
22nd September 2010, 1:37 AM
the fighting trio doesn't look good, but i am glad to see more defensively inclined fighting types even if there is a whole slew of new Psychic types around

as for the genies? crap imo, i love most of the 5th gen but i hope to never see that trio when i play ^ ^;

version mascots - Resh is absolutely beautifully made, even if its tail is a bit wonky, and Zekrom looks amazing, and from what i understand it glows blue or green in teh animated sprite???

event - water horse has way too much going on with it imo, though the little dancer is cute, i like the sheet music hair for sure - genesect's stat distribution i don't much care for, and its signature attack seems shockingly weak, but i love me some bug pokemon <3

MOST DEFINITELY glad to see that the fire moth isn't a legendary btw, i had my fingers crossed the whole time even though it evolved, thought it might have been a manaphy/phione kind of deal but WHEW

BCVM22
22nd September 2010, 1:52 AM
Ra/e/om trio... I don't get it. If Ram is natural energy, rom is electrical/man-made energy, what could rem be?

No one said they're supposed to be either of those. Reshiram is fire; Zekrom is thunder; Kyurem is ice. Simple as that. There's nothing to indicate them as being representative of "natural" or "manmade"; that was all just conjecture that was flying around during pre-release, much as is the case with...

Something about a pokemon with GENOCIDE in it's name makes me worried, but interested.

...this. There is equally nothing to indicate the "Geno-" comes from genocide. Are you forgetting what franchise this is?

KuroiMawile
22nd September 2010, 2:02 AM
Well that's why that 'if' is there. If it's as plain as fire, thunder, and ice, alright. To me, they'll be based of things like natural and man-made energy which makes it a tad more interesting, in my opinion.

BCVM22
22nd September 2010, 2:03 AM
An explanation that provides no role for Kyurem, soooooo... go with whatever you want, I suppose...

Espeonite
22nd September 2010, 2:56 AM
I like the dragon trio, very similar to DP thought.

Kyuurem is awesome, i think team plasma caught it and experimented with it and failed, causing it to look weak and fragile.

The three dogs/bull idk what to think.

The Genies are hideous and idc for them.

The Pony, Music Pokemon and Genosect are intriguing.
Plasma must have created these Melowhatever looks like a marionette and Pony looks like a toy, Genosect as we know was an old pokemon altered interesting stuff, more than gen 4.

FireEmblemAddict
22nd September 2010, 3:00 AM
Kyuurem really looks like a child's toy... which was it's design basis so that's okay and all, but I just can't bring myself to like it.

BCVM22
22nd September 2010, 3:08 AM
Plasma must have created these Melowhatever looks like a marionette and Pony looks like a toy, Genosect as we know was an old pokemon altered interesting stuff, more than gen 4.

Genosect is the only one said to have any connection to Team Plasma.

Kyuurem really looks like a child's toy...

I can understand this description for Kerudio, Melo-dancing-Poké-whatever and Genosect; where does it come from for Kyurem?

MaxMetal
22nd September 2010, 6:19 AM
...this. There is equally nothing to indicate the "Geno-" comes from genocide. Are you forgetting what franchise this is?

The same franchise that had team rocket kill a mother Marowak in front of the baby Cubone, Kuitaran eating what's inside Iront, Haunter licking a person and then they die a slow painful death and other things?

And yeah theres many things that indicate that Geno comes from genocide, starting with the Pokedex

# Genosect (649): 300,000,000 years ago it was feared as the ultimate hunter. Team Plasma modified it.

It is also known as the Palaeozoic Pokemon, furter indicating Genocide, due to the Palaeozoic Era, which ended with the ended with the largest mass extinction in Earth's history. His story also points to it.

Lorde
22nd September 2010, 6:29 AM
Geez, Genosect sounds like the Isshu region version of Mewtwo from the sound of it. It seems to have vicious tendencies like Mewtwo and it was modified by a villainous team, just like Mewtwo was. It might be interesting to have one on my team. I'm looking forward to seeing how it battles for myself but that probably won't happen for several years since Genosect is an event exclusive Pokemon like Kerudio and Meloia are...

Varnani
22nd September 2010, 6:32 AM
I can't say I like Kyuremu, it's... weird, at least sprite-wise.
I hope Sugimori's artwork comes out soon to have a better look at it.

razz

MaxMetal
22nd September 2010, 6:32 AM
Geez, Genosect sounds like the Isshu region version of Mewtwo from the sound of it. It seems to have vicious tendencies like Mewtwo and it was modified by a villainous team, just like Mewtwo was. It might be interesting to have one on my team. I'm looking forward to seeing how it battles for myself but that probably won't happen for several years since Genosect is an event exclusive Pokemon like Kerudio and Meloia are...

Yeah, alot of the story seem to indicate they are going with the "Mewtwo" route for Genosect, and I wouldn't be surprised with the 3rd Gen clarifying this in a future event. With the scientist reviving Genosect because they wanted to make it the most Powerful Pokemon ever, a direct nod to Mewtwo, I can see many ways this story can go, especially since N disapproved of Genosect being modified and revived in the 1st place.

MaxMetal
22nd September 2010, 6:34 AM
I can't say I like Kyuremu, it's... weird, at least sprite-wise.
I hope Sugimori's artwork comes out soon to have a better look at it.

razz

It looks old, fragile, and on it's last legs, but that alone screams for a story. I imagine that in the 3rd game, we will get more info about this Pokemon, especially since there has to be a logical reason why it looks like this. I'm pretty interested in Kyuremu because it really does look like there's more than meets the eye with this Dragon.

BCVM22
22nd September 2010, 6:41 AM
The same franchise that had team rocket kill a mother Marowak in front of the baby Cubone

Never shown, only referenced when playing through the 1st/3rd gen Kanto template and an artifact from over a decade ago.

Kuitaran eating what's inside Iront, Haunter licking a person and then they die a slow painful death and other things?

The Pokédex is littered with stuff of that nature that should only be taken half-seriously. Dusknoir pulls unsuspecting victims back to the spirit world, Metagross eating helpless victims with the giant mouth on its underside, etc etc. Take a number.

# Genosect (649): 300,000,000 years ago it was feared as the ultimate hunter. Team Plasma modified it.

Yes, and its White Version entry reads "An ancient Bug Pokemon that was altered by Team Plasma. The cannons on its back were made more powerful."

No mention of anything tremendously violent there, and it provides a much more mundane explanation for the classification of "Paleozoic Pokémon", that being the use of "Paleozoic" simply to indicate very very very (very) old. And that's putting aside the fact that the classifications are occasionally of questionable veracity, such as Cyndaquil being classified as the "Fire Mouse Pokémon" despite not being a mouse. The logical leap from "Paleozoic" to "genocide" is not only an absolutely colossal one, but one completely fabricated by the fans at present.

And finally, the transliteration and translation from Japanese to English is often more than ambiguous enough for "Geno-" to come from "gene" or something completely unrelated.

I'm not saying there's absolutely no chance of it being "the Genocide Pokémon", I'm saying that there are a number of far more mundane and far less out of place explanations for its classification and etymology. That the fans designate it "the Genocide Pokémon" because they enjoy seeing death implied in a Pokémon title doesn't automatically make it so, nor, in the interest of fairness, does me saying it isn't automatically make it not so.

Believe what you wish. If a Pokémon named for genocide and created for the sole purpose of killing everything sounds like the sort of thing you'd realistically see in a Pokémon title, I don't really know what to tell you.

MaxMetal
22nd September 2010, 6:53 AM
Never shown, only referenced when playing through the 1st/3rd gen Kanto template and an artifact from over a decade ago.

The Pok&#233;dex is littered with stuff of that nature that should only be taken half-seriously. Dusknoir pulls unsuspecting victims back to the spirit world, Metagross eating helpless victims with the giant mouth on its underside, etc etc. Take a number.

Further proving my statement correctly that this franchise isnt implied for kids only, seeing as we have a multitude of events for all ages, hence why the Pokemon Franchise sells amazingly aside from its metagame. You even in this game witness Team Plasma kick around a Mumma for its Dream Smoke, as well as other events in past games to show that this game can indeed get dark if it wants to.

Yes, and its White Version entry reads "An ancient Bug Pokemon that was altered by Team Plasma. The cannons on its back were made more powerful."

No mention of anything tremendously violent there, and it provides a much more mundane explanation for the classification of "Paleozoic Pok&#233;mon", that being the use of "Paleozoic" simply to indicate very very very (very) old. And that's putting aside the fact that the classifications are occasionally of questionable veracity, such as Cyndaquil being classified as the "Fire Mouse Pok&#233;mon" despite not being a mouse. The logical leap from "Paleozoic" to "genocide" is not only an absolutely colossal one, but one completely fabricated by the fans at present.

And finally, the transliteration and translation from Japanese to English is often more than ambiguous enough for "Geno-" to come from "gene" or something completely unrelated.

I'm not saying there's absolutely no chance of it being "the Genocide Pok&#233;mon", I'm saying that there are a number of far more mundane and far less out of place explanations for its classification and etymology. That the fans designate it "the Genocide Pok&#233;mon" because they enjoy seeing death implied in a Pok&#233;mon title doesn't automatically make it so, nor, in the interest of fairness, does me saying it isn't automatically make it not so.

Believe what you wish. If a Pok&#233;mon named for genocide and created for the sole purpose of killing everything sounds like the sort of thing you'd realistically see in a Pok&#233;mon title, I don't really know what to tell you.

False on both accounts, because as you can see here

"The effects of this catastrophe were so devastating that it took life on land 30 million years to recover"

Ironically. Genosect 300,000,000 years ago it was feared as the ultimate hunter, and as it being a hunter, it obviously has a violent streak, further proving my point correct. It doesn't just describe it as being" Very very old" because there would be no reason for Team Plasma, a team dedicated to liberate Pokemon, and in the end describes them as only wanting to control pokemon, would go after a "very very old" creature, for nothing.

BCVM22
22nd September 2010, 7:03 AM
Further proving my statement correctly that this franchise isnt implied for kids only

No, the franchise is very much for kids. Not that people of all ages can't and don't enjoy it, because neither is true, but the franchise is designed for and targeted at kids, specifically boys ages 6-11.

Furthermore, to continue the point, the Pok&#233;dex flavor text isn't written to be taken seriously, or at least not to be taken literally, it's written to provide a blurb representing how people see the Pok&#233;mon. Dialga's Pearl and Platinum entries, for example, mention that time moves/flows when Dialga was born/when its heart beats. Do you really believe we're supposed to take that literally? That time doesn't move unless a giant blue saurian creature's heart beats? Palkia's Platinum entry is similarly hyperbolic, stating that space becomes more stable with every breath Palkia takes. Do you really believe the very fabric of spacial reality would be torn asunder if Palkia decided to see how long it could hold its breath?

Ironically. Genosect 300,000,000 years ago it was feared as the ultimate hunter, and as it being a hunter, it obviously has a violent streak, further proving my point correct.

Yes, it says the bugger was a hunter. Which you have to imagine it would have been, ostensibly being a prehistoric creature, and a fearsome one at that. But what prompts the jump from "feared hunter" to "destroyer of worlds", exactly? No one looks at T-rexes and velociraptors and labels them instigators of genocide, do they?

It doesn't just describe it as being" Very very old" because there would be no reason for Team Plasma, a team dedicated to liberate Pokemon, and in the end describes them as only wanting to control pokemon, would go after a "very very old" creature, for nothing.

And yet there's your perfectly reasonable and mundane explanation. The Paleozoic era was 30 million years ago. Genosect is older than sin. There you go.

Again, the whole thing seems like a colossal leap in logic that people are making because they want it to be true.

At various times during the reign of the 4th generation, people arbitrarily labeled both Darkrai and Giratina as the masters of death and/or evil and Arceus as the "God" Pok&#233;mon. None of those were (or are) the case and all of them were the result of people throwing caution to the wind and making unfounded leaps in logic, connecting any number of unrelated points into one garbled case. You will forgive me terribly if I see this and can't help but simply label it as all of that, version 2.0.

MaxMetal
22nd September 2010, 7:16 AM
No, the franchise is very much for kids. Not that people of all ages can't and don't enjoy it, because neither is true, but the franchise is designed for and targeted at kids, specifically boys ages 6-11.

I guess thats why millions of people enter Poketourneys now and the metgame is so deep that people analyze specific IV/EVs and EV Train and furthermore, take it into deep Competitive Pokemon Play right? This game even directly nods to the Competitive scene itself, which is targeted at older audiences due to the fact that most kids do not understand the metagame in itself. Hence why this game is targeted for ALL ages, and much evidence clearly points to this, from Smogon, to Tourney Play, etc. Anyone can see this nowadays, its been like this since D/P/P introduced the Physical/Special split.

Furthermore, to continue the point, the Pok&#233;dex flavor text isn't written to be taken seriously, or at least not to be taken literally, it's written to provide a blurb representing how people see the Pok&#233;mon. Dialga's Pearl and Platinum entries, for example, mention that time moves/flows when Dialga was born/when its heart beats. Do you really believe we're supposed to take that literally? That time doesn't move unless a giant blue saurian creature's heart beats? Palkia's Platinum entry is similarly hyperbolic, stating that space becomes more stable with every breath Palkia takes. Do you really believe the very fabric of spacial reality would be torn asunder if Palkia decided to see how long it could hold its breath?

The Pokedex clearly states alot of things that are off the wall, but it is also dark as well. You're telling me that a soul stealing Pokemon is intended for children only? The pokedex as i stated has a wide variety of dark things, as well as the In game events as well. As I just stated, if it was intended for kids only, Team Plasma wouldnt of kicked Munna around like a soccerball. Pokemon has long since evolved from more than just a "childish story" now.

Yes, it says the bugger was a hunter. Which you have to imagine it would have been, ostensibly being a prehistoric creature, and a fearsome one at that. But what prompts the jump from "feared hunter" to "destroyer of worlds", exactly? No one looks at T-rexes and velociraptors and labels them instigators of genocide, do they?

I never siad it was the destroyer of worlds now did I? I clearly stated its a Genocide Pokemon due to its Pokedex, story, and data that was recovered. Nobody labels those dinosaurs as that because they weren't genocide creatures. Genosect was. Majorly different.

And yet there's your perfectly reasonable and mundane explanation. The Paleozoic era was 30 million years ago. Genosect is older than sin. There you go.

Except you left the part out that it weilds so much immense power that Team Plasma wanted to revive it for the purpose of liberating Pokemon, as clearly stated in his story with the scientist. Theres more to it than reviving an "old" Pokemon. By your logic, they could of just taken Omastaur and revived it, or any other fossil Poke. The fact that they chose Genosect due to its past of being a fierce hunter, with immense power 30 million years ago further proves my point correct.

Again, the whole thing seems like a colossal leap in logic that people are making because they want it to be true.

At various times during the reign of the 4th generation, people arbitrarily labeled both Darkrai and Giratina as the masters of death and/or evil and Arceus as the "God" Pok&#233;mon. None of those were (or are) the case and all of them were the result of people throwing caution to the wind and making unfounded leaps in logic, connecting any number of unrelated points into one garbled case. You will forgive me terribly if I see this and can't help but simply label it as all of that, version 2.0.

Except this isnt belief, so much as fact in its story alone. Darkrai and Giratina were never about death. Thats just fan speculation that got proven wrong. Giratina was bansished for its violent ways, thats it. That isnt what im stating. This is no fan speculation, since people have been recovered the data of it so far, and the Pokedex clearly states it as well as the Scientist that created him. Again, I don't know why you're bringing up fan speculation when the story is stated to be in the game as well as the Pokedex. Darkrai being evil is just a myth, seeing as its bad in the Mystery Dungeon games, which are non canon, and the D/P/P game, where its good, but uses its sleep ability as a defense mechanism.

Skydra
22nd September 2010, 7:21 AM
Has anyone noticed that the genie trio guys look like mutated Lakitus? They could have been made better, but it looks like we may have a cross-Nintendo-property reference there. Also, the tentacle can be compared to the fishing rod on a Fishin' Lakitu. Of course, if you know nothing about Mario, you have no idea what I'm talking about.

Once I get the games I'll be waiting with baited breath for the Genosekuta event. Awesome legendary, and they better release the event a year after the English release of BW at most, hopefully like half a year. Genocide in its name does make it ominius, but I don't think it's meant that way-It's probably a combination of gene and insect with an O thrown in.

Dragon/Ice one doesn't look quite right, so it should get a new forme in 3rd game.

Final comment...Rock/Fighting cow looks like ****. Nice way to end, don't you think?

MaxMetal
22nd September 2010, 7:26 AM
Has anyone noticed that the genie trio guys look like mutated Lakitus? They could have been made better, but it looks like we may have a cross-Nintendo-property reference there. Also, the tentacle can be compared to the fishing rod on a Fishin' Lakitu. Of course, if you know nothing about Mario, you have no idea what I'm talking about.

Once I get the games I'll be waiting with baited breath for the Genosekuta event. Awesome legendary, and they better release the event a year after the English release of BW at most, hopefully like half a year. Genocide in its name does make it ominius, but I don't think it's meant that way-It's probably a combination of gene and insect with an O thrown in.

Dragon/Ice one doesn't look quite right, so it should get a new forme in 3rd game.

Final comment...Rock/Fighting cow looks like ****. Nice way to end, don't you think?

Wouldn't be the 1st time we've seen aPokemon looking like a past Nintendo character (Nosepass's Evolution looking like Mario, Pokabus final form from LoZ, etc.) I actually like the way you described this, because in a way, they do remind me of it. I don't think it's uncreative per say for them to look alike, but I wish they did do more with them, although it is following the legend of the 3 Genies, so I can see why they went with the design.

BCVM22
22nd September 2010, 7:28 AM
I guess thats why millions of people enter Poketourneys now and the metgame is so deep that people analyze specific IV/EVs and EV Train and furthermore, take it into deep Competitive Pokemon Play right? This game even directly nods to the Competitive scene itself, which is targeted at older audiences due to the fact that most kids do not understand the metagame in itself. Hence why this game is targeted for ALL ages, and much evidence clearly points to this, from Smogon, to Tourney Play, etc. Anyone can see this nowadays, its been like this since D/P/P introduced the Physical/Special split.

Heard it all before. The advanced mechanics of EVs and IVs are in no way necessary for any part of the game that is mandatory. You can play 100 hours and never have to deal with any such thing. The competitive scene is created completely by the fans, who assign "tiers" dictating which Pokémon can and cannot be used. Smogon and whatever else have you are not official by any means.

I'm not saying they don't throw the older fans a bone every now and again, as is the case with the advanced mechanics, but the core of the games - what is essential and mandatory for progression through the game's story and a little bit thereafter - will never be anything harder or more difficult than a 7-year-old can handle on his own with enough skill, luck and perseverence.

The Pokedex clearly states alot of things that are off the wall, but it is also dark as well. You're telling me that a soul stealing Pokemon is intended for children only?

And again, you're telling me that we're really supposed to take such things as 100% gospel?

as well as the In game events as well. As I just stated, if it was intended for kids only, Team Plasma wouldnt of kicked Munna around like a soccerball. Pokemon has long since evolved from more than just a "childish story" now.

Sure hasn't. It has evolved, certainly, but it's still nothing that anyone would object to giving to a 7-year-old.

I never siad it was the destroyer of worlds now did I?

That's sort of implied, figuratively if not literally, if you're arguing that the bugger is a tool of mass genocide, is it not?

I clearly stated its a Genocide Pokemon due to its Pokedex, story, and data that was recovered.

No, you pointed out all of those and then tried to take those vague and unrelated materials and sew them together to label Genosect as being an instrument of mass murder.

Nobody labels those dinosaurs as that because they weren't genocide creatures. Genosect was.

According to what? Going by these Pokédex entries, which you say should be taken 100% at face value, Genosect was a feared hunter, revived and made stronger. They say nothing about it being a "genocide creature" - that's all you.

Except you left the part out that it weilds so much immense power that Team Plasma wanted to revive it for the purpose of liberating Pokemon, as clearly stated in his story with the scientist. Theres more to it than reviving an "old" Pokemon.

So it's going to liberate Pokémon by... killing... everything?

...wow, Team Plasma's chief muckity-mucks didn't really think this through, did they?

The fact that they chose Genosect due to its past of being a fierce hunter, with immense power 30 million years ago further proves my point correct.

Again, you're assuming that this bridge built of your leaps in logic is strong enough to be trod upon. You show me where and how "feared hunter" translates to "power immense enough to kill everything" and we'll talk.

Thats just fan speculation that got proven wrong.

Cough. Cough.

This is no fan speculation, since people have been recovered the data of it so far, and the Pokedex clearly states it as well as the Scientist that created him.

The Pokédex only states what we've discussed here. You continue to debate as if you have a piece of information from the text dump stating "oh yes, Genosect is absolutely the Genocide Pokémon, revived by Team Plasma so that it could commit mass murder."

If you have game-sourced information that we've not discussed here, do feel free to bring it to the table.

MaxMetal
22nd September 2010, 7:49 AM
Heard it all before. The advanced mechanics of EVs and IVs are in no way necessary for any part of the game that is mandatory. You can play 100 hours and never have to deal with any such thing. The competitive scene is created completely by the fans, who assign "tiers" dictating which Pok&#233;mon can and cannot be used. Smogon and whatever else have you are not official by any means.

I'm not saying they don't throw the older fans a bone every now and again, as is the case with the advanced mechanics, but the core of the games - what is essential and mandatory for progression through the game's story and a little bit thereafter - will never be anything harder or more difficult than a 7-year-old can handle on his own with enough skill, luck and perseverence.

You're pretty misinformed then, seeing as there is an Official US and Japan Tournament held every year, by the Official Pokemon Company, that plays by Smogons rules, directly thanking them for their contribution, so yes, it is official by the company itself when they throw tourneys and much alike, hence why the Metagame has been buffed every year. I now know you don't get into the game as deep as possible by that saying alone.

And again, you're telling me that we're really supposed to take such things as 100&#37; gospel?

Sure hasn't. It has evolved, certainly, but it's still nothing that anyone would object to giving to a 7-year-old.

When the facts and data have been shown by it, the same people who ripped the sprites, data, movelist from the game clearly show evidence of the story and such, yes. Hence why it is not fan speculation if it was ripped from the data itself.

Who said anything about objecting the game for a child? I said there are many dark things in the game that attract ALL ages. You're obviously putting words and your thoughts into a statement thats fact that the games have evolved to more than a child now.

That's sort of implied, figuratively if not literally, if you're arguing that the bugger is a tool of mass genocide, is it not?

No, you pointed out all of those and then tried to take those vague and unrelated materials and sew them together to label Genosect as being an instrument of mass murder.

It is not implied, since the bugger is from Earth, and Earth only, as I just stated many times with you. That's your thinking.

And like I said, the data in the game that was ripped doesn't lie.

According to what? Going by these Pok&#233;dex entries, which you say should be taken 100% at face value, Genosect was a feared hunter, revived and made stronger. They say nothing about it being a "genocide creature" - that's all you.

So it's going to liberate Pok&#233;mon by... killing... everything?

...wow, Team Plasma's chief muckity-mucks didn't really think this through, did they?

How doesn't it say it when its directly stated by the scientist who created it?

And the 2nd part, yes, thats exactly what happened, and if you even played the game, the chief even directly states that he wants to control Pokemon only, but when he got beat, he became irrational. Come on now, its right there, from the data itself. The chief became irate that his wholeplans were stopped, which leads to the Event Pokemon Genocide, ripped from the data itself.

Again, you're assuming that this bridge built of your leaps in logic is strong enough to be trod upon. You show me where and how "feared hunter" translates to "power immense enough to kill everything" and we'll talk.

How is it so when as i keep repeating to you, its ripped from the game data? Are you actually arguing over Pokemon Data facts?

As for your proof, Genocide is the systematic murder or destruction of a national, ethnic, racial, or religious group. Further proving my point correct.

Cough. Cough.

Taking shots is just further implying that you're running out of things to say. Please keep this discussion at a good level.

The Pok&#233;dex only states what we've discussed here. You continue to debate as if you have a piece of information from the text dump stating "oh yes, Genosect is absolutely the Genocide Pok&#233;mon, revived by Team Plasma so that it could commit mass murder."

If you have game-sourced information that we've not discussed here, do feel free to bring it to the table.

I've proven countless times to you of the data that was surfaced from the game itself, but you don't want to hear it because you're still fixated that Pokemon is marketed to "kids only" when The Pokemon Company literally throws a Tourney for both Japan and English, for serious players, battling by Smogons rules.

BCVM22
22nd September 2010, 8:04 AM
You're pretty misinformed then, seeing as there is an Official US and Japan Tournament held every year, by the Official Pokemon Company, that plays by Smogons rules, directly thanking them for their contribution, so yes, it is official by the company itself when they throw tourneys and much alike, hence why the Metagame has been buffed every year. I now know you don't get into the game as deep as possible by that saying alone.

You're saying that in a tournament, where there are in fact legitimate cases to be made about certain Pokémon being too overpowered, they impose restrictions on which Pokémon can and can't be used? If that doesn't prove your case, I don't know what does.

Do you really think it's arbitrary that Japanese television runs a sponsored show where the games are discussed and presented by wacky hosts wearing wacky outfits who shout and cavort when shown new material, accompanied by people in giant Pokémon suits?

When the facts and data have been shown by it, the same people who ripped the sprites, data, movelist from the game clearly show evidence of the story and such, yes. Hence why it is not fan speculation if it was ripped from the data itself.

Again, you continue to trumpet this as validation for your argument, but have yet to display it.

We've discussed Genosect's Pokédex entries from both versions. We've discussed the text of its future event, in which the Plasma scientist you talk to states his disgruntlement at his work being swept aside by N.

Again, if you have something we've not yet discussed, something that proves your case definitively, I'm all ears. Beyond that, we can continue to go in circles about how you believe all of this adds up to Team Plasma creating a Pokémon for the sole purpose of killing the entire human race. And we can do that, for as long as you like.

It is not implied, since the bugger is from Earth, and Earth only, as I just stated many times with you. That's your thinking.

And like I said, the data in the game that was ripped doesn't lie.

Data that you continue to discuss but not provide. See above.

How doesn't it say it when its directly stated by the scientist who created it?

And the 2nd part, yes, thats exactly what happened, and if you even played the game, the chief even directly states that he wants to control Pokemon only, but when he got beat, he became irrational.

Come on now, its right there, from the data itself. The chief became irate that his wholeplans were stopped, which leads to the Event Pokemon Genocide, ripped from the data itself.

You still don't get that you're making colossal leaps in logic, do you? That you see an organization reviving an ancient Pokémon and enhancing it... and that somehow leaps ahead to Team Plasma wanting to kill off the entire human population.

How is it so when as i keep repeating to you, its ripped from the game data? Are you actually arguing over Pokemon Data facts?

"Data facts". Right. We've been over this. I'm not repeating myself again.

As for your proof, Genocide is the systematic murder or destruction of a national, ethnic, racial, or religious group. Further proving my point correct.

You defined "genocide", yes. Which proves that you can use a dictionary. It certainly isn't proof of "feared hunter" somehow translating to "instrument of mass murder".

Taking shots is just further implying that you're running out of things to say. Please keep this discussion at a good level.

"Taking shots". You can try and play this card if you like, but I don't recommend it. My points here are all quite clear.

I've proven countless times to you of the data that was surfaced from the game itself, but you don't want to hear it because you're still fixated that Pokemon is marketed to "kids only" when The Pokemon Company literally throws a Tourney for both Japan and English, for serious players, battling by Smogons rules.

Again, go watch an episode of Pokémon Sunday. Tell me that's definitely a marketing tool for "all ages." Go note the programs during which commercials for the games appear. Go note the magazines in which ads for the games appear.

I have never once said that the games can't be enjoyed by all ages. What I have said, and rightfully so, is that the games are conceived, designed and marketed for kids, specifically boys ages 6-11, from the beginning and until the end. That older fans get something out of the games is always nice, but not a defining factor behind anything.

natie
22nd September 2010, 8:46 AM
It's Genesect, and the 'Gene' part comes from 'Genesis'.

Seems self-explanatory to me.

natie
22nd September 2010, 8:49 AM
It's Genesect, and the 'Gene' part comes from 'Genesis'.

Seems self-explanatory to me.

O Fortuna
22nd September 2010, 9:04 AM
MaxMetal, the onus is on you to prove Genosect's name is rooted in genocide. There is theory and hearsay and conjecture, but nothing concrete.

Clay Psyduck
22nd September 2010, 9:18 AM
The name is officially Genesect, now, as far as I know.

That makes it either from Genesis, which regards origin/creation/beginning. Since Genesect is from 300 million years ago, this makes sense.

Or simply, you know, gene. Like genes. Because Plasma modified its genes.

Being the new 'Mewtwo', it makes perfect sense for both of those.

http://i56.*******.com/21drlv6.gif

Based on Raijin/Fujin. Not sure who Landros is supposed to be, but the other two are so blatantly these two guys.

Has nothing to do with Lakitu, though if you don't know about these guys, I suppose it's kinda logical.

------------

On that note, someone was talking about how the Rom/Ram thing excludes Kyurem, but that's not that crazy (given that I don't believe there is a third person for Raijin/Fujin- unless I am mistaken).

And rem also stands for "reusable energy management".

So if you want to use RAM for natural energy, and ROM for man-made energy, REM could wind up being reusable energy. Though, I am not sure how Ice would play into that. Oh well. Just food for thought.

SoulSilverMstr411
22nd September 2010, 9:24 AM
I'm only intrested in Zekrom so far. Anyone know where I can see more gen 5 legendaries?

Clay Psyduck
22nd September 2010, 10:52 AM
I'm only intrested in Zekrom so far. Anyone know where I can see more gen 5 legendaries?

What exactly do you mean by 'see'? The sprites?

Veekun is your best bet.

O Fortuna
22nd September 2010, 12:00 PM
Wow. Meloetta's cry has made it my new favourite 5th gen legendary.

Chimchar15
22nd September 2010, 12:25 PM
Wow. Meloetta's cry has made it my new favourite 5th gen legendary.

Where did you hear it?

Mitja
22nd September 2010, 1:19 PM
Everyone noticed that Kyurem is no doubt related to Reshiram and Zekrom.
But then again everyone noticed that Kyurem is extremely lacking awesomeness, looking like a crappy broken dragon thing, which could no way be something we would wanna see on the third version cover.

If you check Kyurems info, you may notice that it is weaker than Reshiram and Zekrom

Reshiram 100 120 100 150 120 90 - 680
Zekrom 100 150 120 120 100 90 - 680
Kyurem 125 130 90 130 90 95 - 660

The BW main legends basically have the physical and special stats switched, with the attack always being higher than the defense, Kyurem has more HP and Speed, but equal attacks and defenses, which are also lower than the attacks.

If you go on and compare their learnsets:

Fire Fang - Thunder Fang - Icy Wind
Dragon Rage
Imprison
AncientPower
Flamethrower - Thunderbolt - Ice Beam
Dragonbreath
Slash
Extrasensory - Zen Headbutt - Scary Face
Cross Flame - Cross Thunder - Frozen World
Dragon Pulse - Dragon Claw - Dragon Pulse
Imprison
Crunch - Crunch - Endeavor
Fire Blast - Thunder - Blizzard
Outrage
Hyper Voice
Blue Flame - Lightning Strike - NOTHING

Kyurems mouth is frozen shut so no fang for it I guess LOL
On several occasions Zekrom has physical attacks where Rehsiram has special ones (Kyurem having one of them), this includes their basic signature moves and lv100 signature moves.
Kyurems basic sgnature mvoe however has a rather crappy Ice attack compared to the others ones,badass balls of elemental energy shooting across the DS screen XD

But let's check the list of new moves. http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/attacks.shtml
Near the end, there is 2 Ice type moves
Freeze Bolt - 140 phys. 90acc - can cause paralysis
Cold Flare - 140 spec. 90acc - can cause burn
No pokemon learns those moves in BW.

It should be obvious by now to anyone reading this, that those moves are Kyurems signature moves and the Bolt/Flare & paralysis/burn have everything to do with the Fire and Electric legends that are Reshiram and Zekrom.

The ingame backstory on those 2 legends is something like this:
Reshiram and Zekrom have split from one single dragon when the 2 kings of Isshu started to fight and were later sealed away into stones.

My assumption:
When the 2 split, Kyurem is what was left of the original dragon.
Then the third game will have a great looking full power Kyurem, with better stats and those 2 signature moves.
Maybe Team Plasma or N will merge Reshirams and Zekroms powers back to Kyurem or there will be some other similar ingame event going on at the story peak.

Can't wait to see how it will look like :)

The only negative part of this, is that the original Kyurem won't be usable on wifi, because it was not included in BWs data, like Origin Giratina wasn't on DP.

*Jean Grey*
22nd September 2010, 3:35 PM
Another thing strange about Kyurem is that its BST is only 660, while the other 2 have 680....will an alternate Forme possibly increase this?

FireEmblemAddict
22nd September 2010, 4:25 PM
Yeah I bet for the third version, Kyuremu will get a new, more complete form that is more attractive

Clay Psyduck
22nd September 2010, 4:57 PM
Yeah. That actually crossed my mind, but I never brought it up because I wasn't sure how to explain my idea.

I am pretty sure Kyurem is definitely part of whatever original dragon Zekrom/Reshiram once were, or perhaps it is the husk of the original dragon, having had the two parts split from it. I am definitely expecting it to get a new form, like Giratina, in Pokemon Gra/ey which will look more full of life and have a story all its own.

I have high hopes for Kyurem in the 3rd game.

The_Boss_Giygas
22nd September 2010, 5:15 PM
Where did you hear it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=886hBbVa48M

jerichob10
22nd September 2010, 6:04 PM
they look epic

Shinoth
22nd September 2010, 6:18 PM
They're all pretty cool, except for Zekrom. He is made of pure awesomeness with some epic win mixed in.

martinn94
22nd September 2010, 6:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=886hBbVa48M
They all sound so great! She sounds like a harp! Anyone know what her alternate form looks like?

Varnani
22nd September 2010, 6:55 PM
Anyone know what her alternate form looks like?
THIS (http://i54.*******.com/24d2aur.png) is her alternate form.
Their cries sound quite badass, thanks for the link!!

And thanks to Mitja for that info, very interesting indeed!

razz

Lorde
22nd September 2010, 6:58 PM
Speaking of Legendary Pokemon in Isshu, do we know if Meloia, Genosect, and that horse Pokemon are found ingame like Darkrai, Shaymin, and Arceus were? Or has Game Freak made them event exclusive in the extreme and removed them from the actual game until they're downloaded into it?

Glitter!
22nd September 2010, 7:09 PM
Just wanted to state that Meloetta is probably my favourite "cute legendary" Pokémon EVER. Oh. My. God. She's just too cute, and her cry is absolutely adorable.

I'll name mine Stefani, if I ever get one ♥
(Stefani is Lady GaGa's real name, and a beautiful name, I think)

Lorde
22nd September 2010, 7:13 PM
Just wanted to state that Meloetta is probably my favourite "cute legendary" Pokémon EVER. Oh. My. God. She's just too cute, and her cry is absolutely adorable.

I'll name mine Stefani, if I ever get one ♥
(Stefani is Lady GaGa's real name, and a beautiful name, I think)

Isn't it's name Meloia? I've seen it spelled in all sorts of ways including Meloetta but I'm not sure why that is. I'm assuming it's because there are different ways to Romanized the katakana. Anyway, I like it's first form, the form with the green hair just because she looks cuter like that, sort of like a taller Celebi even. But about the nickname thing; since she might not be obtainable in the actual games and might be given away via an event distribution, you won't be able to name her :<

LexSuicune
22nd September 2010, 7:18 PM
It does seem plausible for Kyuremu to go the Giratina route, wouldn't surprise me quite a bit.

Glitter!
22nd September 2010, 7:32 PM
But about the nickname thing; since she might not be obtainable in the actual games and might be given away via an event distribution, you won't be able to name her :<

Isn't her obtained by events, but catchable in-game in some hidden place, like Shaymin? D:

Lorde
22nd September 2010, 7:34 PM
Isn't her obtained by events, but catchable in-game in some hidden place, like Shaymin? D:

That's what I've been asking but nobody seems to know for sure at the moment. I'm pretty sure she's not found in the games like Shaymin was though; because if she were, we'd have known by now since people have been ripping text and data from the games or whatever. I was awaiting confirmation though, to see if I was right or wrong about her and the other two Legendaries :/

Glitter!
22nd September 2010, 7:48 PM
That's what I've been asking but nobody seems to know for sure at the moment. I'm pretty sure she's not found in the games like Shaymin was though; because if she were, we'd have known by now since people have been ripping text and data from the games or whatever. I was awaiting confirmation though, to see if I was right or wrong about her and the other two Legendaries :/

I think at least one of the Event Legends will have some sort of quest in-game, but that spot may be Genesect's, since it has all the backstory with Team Plasma, etc...
Too bad the legends I like the most this time are event-only D;
I don't like the Muskeeteers trio, nor the Raijin one. I do like the 3 dragons though.

Lorde
22nd September 2010, 7:58 PM
I don't like the Muskeeteers trio, nor the Raijin one. I do like the 3 dragons though.

I pretty much dislike those as well, as I've constantly stated. I'm slowly warming up the the first trio a bit, but only to certain members. I still have no idea where people get the whole "Musketeer" thing from though; they look like animals instead of people. The Raijin trio is just there to fill space in my opinion. Just something they came up with because they were getting too close to the deadline for submitting new Pokemon ideas it seems. I love the dragon trio though since they all look amazing. Reshiram is my favorite so far.

smashbro77
22nd September 2010, 8:02 PM
I actually like the musketeer trio except for the grass one and i also like the ginies. Im in a serious pickle though cuz i like resh more than zek but all of my other favorite version exclusives are in white :(

Glitter!
22nd September 2010, 8:07 PM
Anyone noticed how the last 3 Pok&#233;mon look like kid's toys?
(The little pony, Meloia and Genesect)

Clay Psyduck
22nd September 2010, 8:12 PM
I pretty much dislike those as well, as I've constantly stated. I'm slowly warming up the the first trio a bit, but only to certain members. I still have no idea where people get the whole "Musketeer" thing from though; they look like animals instead of people. The Raijin trio is just there to fill space in my opinion. Just something they came up with because they were getting too close to the deadline for submitting new Pokemon ideas it seems. I love the dragon trio though since they all look amazing. Reshiram is my favorite so far.

The Raijin trio is based on Fujin and Raijin. The sprites may have been something close to a deadline, but I highly doubt they were like "let's just randomly make pokemon based on a legendary group of demons-gone-gods to fill up space".

I dunno where the musketeer thing came from either, but the 3 are related to Keldeo (there are actually 4 musketeers despite being called "the three") and people said he was based on d'Artagnan, who was the leader of the 3 musketeers, Aramis, Athos and Porthos.

It also helps that they are all Fighting type and have ability Heart of Justice.

Kokoromori
22nd September 2010, 8:13 PM
I don't like the genies...
But it's probably because I'm scared of facial hair.

I also feel that there are too many legendaries...once again.

Glitter!
22nd September 2010, 8:21 PM
I wish Shinporah was a legendary. It seems to fit with the Dex Entries.

natie
22nd September 2010, 8:28 PM
Anyone noticed how the last 3 Pokémon look like kid's toys?
(The little pony, Meloia and Genesect)I can see how you think the first two look like toys, but Genesect? It looks much more like a lean mean fighting machine (ie Mewtwo) to me.

Glitter!
22nd September 2010, 8:34 PM
I can see how you think the first two look like toys, but Genesect? It looks much more like a lean mean fighting machine (ie Mewtwo) to me.

Yes, Genesect looks like a robot-action-figure-thing, little boys love to play with those.

PeachesDaPokemon
22nd September 2010, 9:07 PM
Genosect is the one im most interested-very curious to learn more about him.

Meganium
22nd September 2010, 10:05 PM
I didn't know Pokemon made My Little Ponies, see Kerudio.

Lorde
22nd September 2010, 10:09 PM
Yes, Genesect looks like a robot-action-figure-thing, little boys love to play with those.

I've only seen Genosect once before the images on the main site were removed but I do remember that it looked a lot like a toy robot of some sort. Then there's Kerudio before that and it looks like a My Little Pony figure and then there's also Meroetta who looks like a Bratz doll. You're right; they all do kind of look like toys you'd see kids playing with haha. I wonder if it was done on purpose?

Mitja
22nd September 2010, 10:18 PM
I prefer those cloud genies to 4th gen pixies :)
Those only had different haircuts (lol) and expressions on their face. Here theres the same stance but basically all the details are different.
And I wouldn't be surprised if they will differ even in the stance on a third version to BW. Not to mention they could have a plot there, if we assume there isn't any significant talk about them in BW already (at least that's how it seems to me)

One thing I dislike (and I rarely dislike anything a new generation brings), is the pure flying type. I mean, there's 3 of them, 2 have flying as their secodnary typing and an elemental main type, but one is just plain Flying? Alright, but it's not even the "boss" of the 3? x_x They should have simply given it some main type to go along with the Electric and Ground of the other 2.

Oh and I love the fighting trio :)
They remind me of my first legendary fanmade trio I came up with, who were quad, one green, one grey and one purple (grass, rock, psychic). I can't believe I was closer to what an actual new trio will some day look like, 8 years ago, when I started making fakemon, than now when I try doing it much more profesionally.

The fourth one of this trio (LOL) confuses me e_e
I expected it to be weaker or stronger (like Regigigas), not exactly perfectly equal to the main three. But hey, thats how gamefreak does this every single generation. Continue the pattern 50&#37;, 25% neutral change, 25% breaking the traditions ahhahaha :)

Missingno.Fan
22nd September 2010, 10:25 PM
One thing I dislike (and I rarely dislike anything a new generation brings), is the pure flying type. I mean, there's 3 of them, 2 have flying as their secodnary typing and an elemental main type, but one is just plain Flying? Alright, but it's not even the "boss" of the 3? x_x They should have simply given it some main type to go along with the Electric and Ground of the other 2.
I think that one is pure flying becuse it controls wind storms. The Electric/Flying controls thunderstorm and the Ground/Flying controls sandstorms.

O Fortuna
22nd September 2010, 10:41 PM
The only negative part of this, is that the original Kyurem won't be usable on wifi, because it was not included in BWs data, like Origin Giratina wasn't on DP.

It could go down the Origin Giratina route, but hopefully Nintendo will take the Speed Deoxys route instead. Speed Deoxys did not exist in the coding for any of the GBA games apart from Emerald. From my understanding, when facing Speed Deoxys in link battles, it would appear as its Normal Forme if the other player was playing on R/S/FR/LG. I am not sure if it retained Speed Forme stats, but I imagine it did. With any luck, any alternate form of Kyurem (and indeed, any other heretofore unknown form of a Pokemon) would be usable in a similar fashion.

TheAncient
22nd September 2010, 11:09 PM
I'm just wondering, why are all three genies doing the same pose? Isn't the whole pokemon thing about being special in ur own unique way?

O Fortuna
22nd September 2010, 11:16 PM
I'm just wondering, why are all three genies doing the same pose? Isn't the whole pokemon thing about being special in ur own unique way?

They have different sprite animations, different movesets, different typing and Landros has different stat distribution to the others. They are related, hence the similarities, but if they share a similar pose, it is not a big deal. I don't hear people going on about Charizard and Rhyhorn having the same cry.

Glitter!
23rd September 2010, 12:19 AM
Just to be sure, Urugamosu and it's pre-evo aren't legendaries, right?

Clay Psyduck
23rd September 2010, 12:38 AM
I can see how you think the first two look like toys, but Genesect? It looks much more like a lean mean fighting machine (ie Mewtwo) to me.

I don't know where the picture is, but someone in one of the topics posted a picture of a robot toy with a gun on its back in the same position as Genesect.

Not that crazy.

BCVM22
23rd September 2010, 1:13 AM
Just to be sure, Urugamosu and it's pre-evo aren't legendaries, right?

They are not.

LexSuicune
23rd September 2010, 1:47 AM
Well according to Black's Pokedex there IS a legend about Urgamoth :p

tessatogekiss
23rd September 2010, 2:26 AM
bijirion, zekrom and kyuremu are my favourites. i wonder why reshiram and zekrom are separating the rosu's...?

FireEmblemAddict
23rd September 2010, 2:31 AM
I still can't get into any of the legendaries other than Reshiram and the grass/fighting..thing, and Meloia =/
Not a good legendary generation for me

Lorde
23rd September 2010, 2:32 AM
Well according to Black's Pokedex there IS a legend about Urgamoth :p

Well to be fair, a few other Pokemon have had a "legend" that refers to them but not all of those Pokemon are classified as being Legendary. Personally though, I'm not quite sure what the criteria for being considered a Legendary Pokemon is; I just tend to follow the crowd and hope it sticks. That's what I've been doing for several of the new Isshu Legendary Pokemon despite the fact that most look like normal Pokemon :p

BCVM22
23rd September 2010, 2:35 AM
Personally though, I'm not quite sure what the criteria for being considered a Legendary Pokemon is

There aren't any, really, aside from not evolving, which is the only trait shared by all of them. Other than that, Legendaries are huddled towards the back of the Pok&#233;dex and labeled as such. Simple as that.

There's rarely any question as to which ones are Legendaries anyway.

despite the fact that most look like normal Pokemon :p

That's entirely you. There's no real way to "look" like a Legendary. Put Shaymin and its sky forme higher up in the 'Dex and designate sky forme as an evolution rather than a forme change and no one would have batted an eyelash. Conversely, you could easily swap Arcanine with, say, Entei and it would fit in almost as well.

R_N
23rd September 2010, 2:54 AM
They have different sprite animations, different movesets, different typing and Landros has different stat distribution to the others. They are related, hence the similarities, but if they share a similar pose, it is not a big deal. I don't hear people going on about Charizard and Rhyhorn having the same cry.

A cry is a bit different then poses. Even the pixies had different base poses.

Do you have video of them in motion? I'd like to see how much they vary.

O Fortuna
23rd September 2010, 4:21 AM
A cry is a bit different then poses. Even the pixies had different base poses.

This is true, but is essentially as pointless a complaint as complaining about the similarity of the sprites. They are entirely different Pokemon, so people complaining about the sprites are arguing about what is arguably one of the least important facets of the Pokemon.

Do you have video of them in motion? I'd like to see how much they vary.

I don't have a video, but they're around on YouTube.

Mister Melancholy
23rd September 2010, 4:29 AM
This is really just a silly thought, but I'm starting to correlate the dragon trio to global warming. Reshiram and Zekrom seem to represent the causes of the greenhouse effect, mainly from their secondary typings. Kyurem is, of course, the result of global warming (melting ice caps), which explains its "broken" appearance.

:P