PDA

View Full Version : Mockshipping (Paul x Ursula) General Discussion

Victorian Rush
25th September 2010, 3:22 AM
Welcome to the..

Mockshipping General Discussion Thread!

Mockshipping is the term given to the belief that Paul (Shinji) and Ursula (Urara) are involved in a romantic relationship.
If you like Mockshipping, then this is the place for you.

★ The Rules! ★

1. All SPPF rules apply
2. No Bashing or Flaming - This will not be tolerated and will be reported to the mods.
3. No Double, Triple, etc posting - Yes, the forums does lag at times, but if you double or triple post, you will have to remove it immediately
4. Stay On Topic - This thread is only meant to be for Mockshipping. All posts should only be about Mockshipping and Mockshipping only
5. No One Liners - If your post only contains one line, it will be considered SPAM (Stupid Pointless Annoying Messages). Please explain more when posting.
6. Off Topic Limit - We shouldn't go off topic for any reason. Please limit this.
7. Respect Each Other - The key to a neat and clean discussion is respect. If you bash or flame someone, a warning will ensue.
8. If you post a fanart, please be sure to credit the artist or post a link
9. Use a Spoiler Tag if necessary.
10. Follow the Shippers Community Rules! (http://serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=348062)

Our Mockshipping Family

-~SkyHigh~ - Owner
-InevitableFate210 - Co-owner

-Espeon 114x
-Oceanus119
-Love in a Mist
-DigitalUpkeep
-ponyboycurtis
-The 4th KIRA
-Pearlmasterking
-DarkMagicianGirl17

Banners/Fanarts/Icons/Userbars

Banners:

Skiyomi:

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af308/prettypennylaw/Banners/mockshipping.png

Topics
Why do you support Mockshipping instead any of the other Paul and Ursula shippings?
How do you think Shinji and Urara's first meeting would play out?

How do you think Reggie would react to Paul and Ursula as a couple?

Where would Paul and Ursula go for their first date, and how would it go?

How do you think Ash and Dawn would both react to Paul and Ursula?

Since Thanksgiving is coming up, what do you think Shinji and Urara would do together?

If you could make anyone a Mockshipper, who would it be and why?

Would Ursula and Paul change at all, personality-wise, due to their relationship?

What sort of events would lead to Paul and Ursula's first kiss?

What would Ursula and Paul be thankful to each other for?

Now that some new Chronicles-esque episodes are airing in Japan, do you think Ursula and Paul may meet in one?

Updated! [05/31/2011: Added Banners!]

----------

So lets begin this thread with a new topic. Yes?

Why do you support Mockshipping instead any of the other Paul and Ursula shippings?

Well, the reason why I support Mockshipping is cause I think Ursula and Paul are perfect for each other. Ursula's the female version of Paul and I just honestly think that they're a perfect match for each other.

eryyy
25th September 2010, 5:03 AM
Oh yes, finally! I've been waiting for the day when someone would make a Mockshipping thread! Count me in, Ash!

Cause I can! xDD
LOL J/K!
I just love Mockshipping so much. Ever since Ursula was introduced in Another One Gabites The Dust, I immediately thought Ursula was the female version of Paul and they'd go great together. Like Ash, said, they're a perfect match for each other.
They really need to meet in the anime cause they really are perfect for each other.

InevitableFate 210
25th September 2010, 7:04 PM
Indeed, it's an indescribable pleasure to finally have a Mockshipping thread here. Cheers to you, Ash, for being the one to create it! 8D

Mockshipping is just one of those pairings where both characters involved just fit together so well.
As has been said, it's clear that Ursula is the female version of Paul. The way they act, as well as the way they treat their rivals; Dawn and Ash respectively, gives the impression of a perfect couple.
To be very brief: Mockshipping just works. Pairings like Againstshipping just don't have the special touch that Mock has.

Oceanus119
25th September 2010, 7:14 PM
Mockshipping?! Hell YEAH!!
I seriously love Mockshipping so much and I've been a big fan of it since Ursula debuted. Can I join please?!

They honestly go great together.
Yes, Ursula clearly is the female version of Paul. They both act similar to each other. Look at the way they mock Ash and Dawn and I can see where the name came from. xD. Honestly, they'd make a great couple and Mockshipping is so awesome!
Like Erin said, they really do need to meet in the anime cause they are perfect for each other.

Love in a Mist
25th September 2010, 7:59 PM
After being dared to write a Mockshipping fic, I suddenly find this pairing rather interesting. ;p

I'm going to have to politely disagree with everyone else, though - I don't see Paul & Ursula as being alike at all. They're both determined competitors, but... Ursula is ruled by her emotions, while Paul doesn't seem to display anything but occasional annoyance. Ursula cares far too much, particularly when it comes to how others view her. She wants to appear as in-control and threatening as possible, and often insults her opponents. Whereas Paul just wants to win; he's not worried about putting on any kind of facade for outsiders. He might insult people from time to time, but that's just him being his honest self, instead of purposefully confrontational.

But because of this I really think their personalities would play off each other well, and I'm intrigued by the possibilities~

DigitalUpkeep
25th September 2010, 9:59 PM
Honestly, I must say I like this ship, it's fun. I don't necessarily ship it, but it's amusing and believable nonetheless.

Figured I'd poke in here and say some things. :D. Oh, and @SkyHigh, I can tell what thread you got your inspiration from. xD.

I don't see Paul & Ursula as being alike at all. They're both determined competitors, but... Ursula is ruled by her emotions, while Paul doesn't seem to display anything but occasional annoyance.

Although I agree with you for the most part, Shinji does let his emotions get the best of him. Remember when he faced Jindai?

Here's another topic too:

It depends on the context of course, I doubt that Shinji would just talk to someone if they didn't address him at first or it was beneficial to him.

However! If they did get to talking, I could see them having a long complainfest before realizing how much they can relate to each other... xD

Victorian Rush
25th September 2010, 10:41 PM
Welcome Love in a Mist and Digital Upkeep. I added your names to the lists.

Now for the new topic:

Aha, good question. I was actually going to ask something similiar to that.
I don't really think they'd like each other at first. I don't knowI could definietly see them maybe arging a little bit but that's just me.
But after all while, they'd realize that they can relate to each other.

Love in a Mist
26th September 2010, 12:45 AM
Although I agree with you for the most part, Shinji does let his emotions get the best of him. Remember when he faced Jindai?

Very true. But then again, their relationship is a little on the complex side... (at least in my mind it is)

I feel like she would be complaining about something to whoever would listen, and he would overhear and give her some really blunt yet useful advice. And then they'd keep bumping into each other until eventually their conversations became more and more easygoing~
Maybe she'd even manage to make him smile. <3

Oceanus119
27th September 2010, 10:03 PM
Hey everyone, forgive me for not being active on here.

Very true. But then again, their relationship is a little on the complex side... (at least in my mind it is)

I have to agree with you on that.
Their relationship does seem to be a bit on the complex side but still, it's just such an awesome pairing.

To me, it depends on how the met, you know.
I really don't think they'd get along at first. Like it's been said, I definietly can see them arguing in their first meeting.
Then maybe after a while, they might just get along and realize that they can relate with each other about how they have rivals they just can't stand.

InevitableFate 210
2nd October 2010, 11:47 PM

It would be quite interesting, to say the least. Two persons who are exactly alike in the way they perceive potential competitors would definitely treat each other as they would with anyone. At first, of course.
Argument is inevitable. This has been said, and I agree with it, it would make little sense to have it any other way, and it's the ideal base for a pairing as unique as Mock to start off with.
But because of these very reasons, they may slowly but steadily realize their similarities to one another and grow close; whether because of their matching attitudes, or indirectly via the rivals they seem to perceive in basically the same manner.

eryyy
4th October 2010, 12:08 AM

Hmm, I've been wondering this myself.
IMO, an argument is avoidable. Ursula really does seem to treat Dawn very similar to how Paul treats Ash so maybe Ursula wouldn't want to admit first that she and Paul have a lot in common (i.e how they both have a rival who annoys them to no end) But definietly after a while they'd realize that they are alike, more then they'd like to admit, and they can relate to each other and then they'd get along.
That's how I see their first meeting playing out.

ponyboycurtis
5th October 2010, 2:10 AM
can i join? i support mockshipping

Victorian Rush
5th October 2010, 5:10 AM
can i join? i support mockshipping

Of course you can. i'll add you to the list right away.
But if you could, can you elaborate on your post more and explain why you support Mockshipping? One-line posts are against the rules and they really annoy me too.

I never did say anything about this:

Have to agree with you on that.
The kind of relationship Paul and Ursula would share does kind of seem to be a bit on the complex side.
But I still really think that they're more alike then they'd like to admit. But that's just me of course.

ponyboycurtis
5th October 2010, 6:32 AM
I support mockshipping because the have a lot in common., and I can only see paul and ursula hooking up with someone that they have a lot in common with. Paul and Ursula are both arrogant, cruel, harsh, and they both hate their rivals.

Lorde
5th October 2010, 6:46 AM
I'd like to join in please. I've always liked the idea of Ash and Dawn's rivals getting together to have a good time :]

Why do I support MockShipping? Because it's exciting. Both Paul and Ursula have such dynamic personalities that would clash with each other, causing all sorts of juicy drama and even some heated romance in between. I think Paul's cool demeanor coupled by Ursula's fiery personality would work well together since it would fuel their resolve to never give up on Pokemon battling and Pokemon Contests. I suppose you could say their stubbornness is the key trait in this pairing haha. I just think this pair has too much in common to ignore haha :3

Victorian Rush
5th October 2010, 7:03 AM
^ Of course you can join. It's always nice to meet another supporter of this pairing. Welcome, please do enjoy your time here 8D

I need to ask this cause I want to see what some other Mockshippers think:

I'll answer this later :)
forgive me, I just had to ask this.

ponyboycurtis
5th October 2010, 7:12 AM

He'd probaly be okay with them as a couple since they are compatible for each other. i don't think he'll be shocked if they became a couple, he may be a little suprised at the idea of Paul falling in love with someone.

Lorde
5th October 2010, 10:34 PM

He seems like a really calm, collected, and understanding kind of guy so I'd go ahead and say he'd be happy for Paul. Reggie seems to worry about Paul's cold attitude towards everything so maybe he'd see Ursula as a guide for Paul who could change him into someone with more compassion for all things including people and Pokemon. I don't think he'd shun Ursula away just because she and Paul aren't a likely pair in some people's eyes; I think he'd embrace Ursula as a member of the family haha.

eryyy
6th October 2010, 6:40 AM

Reggie seems to be the kind of guy who deeply cares about his family, if you ask me. I think at first, he'd probably be shocked with Paul's choice. But after getting to know Ursula a bit more and seeing how she & Paul are compatible, I think he'd be happy that Paul has a girlfriend. Not to mention, he seems to care about Paul's happiness and if he's happy with Ursula, then he'd be happy as well.
Well, that's how I think Reggie would react. I hope that this post is understandable o.O

ponyboycurtis
6th October 2010, 4:59 PM
here's the links to some mockshipping video i found on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZX12038tjY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6EUOfEkMRc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOGtQ3NCyJk (the actual fan video part doesn't start until 30 seconds into it)

JetshipperKekkaishi
7th October 2010, 1:44 AM
I always supported Mockshipping.I loved it so much .
I think Reggie would see a simlar attitude towards Paul and Ursula.Thinking that they have perfect chemistry.And Think that a girl that have the same tone as Paul.

Victorian Rush
7th October 2010, 3:10 AM
Welcome Pearlmasterking. I'll add your name to the list right away.

Apparently, my computer is being really mean now and it didn't seem to save my post before so I'm forced to retype this all :/

I think I'll answer my own topic now. Yes?

I'm siding with Erin on this. Reggie seems to be the kind of guy who cares about his family and doesn't really care who they're with. I think Reggie would be happy if Paul got a girlfriend and when he sees Ursula, he'd realize that she and Paul are perfect for each other and he'd be happy. I honestly don't think Reggie would care what kind of girl Paul decided to date. As long as Paul's happy, then so is he.
I'm just calling it the way I see it.

Lorde
11th October 2010, 11:01 PM
Working off of the previous topic of conversation:

Well I would think that the location would need to be both romantic and Pokemon-oriented since Ursula looks to be the romantic-type underneath it all and Paul seems to like Pokemon more than most other things haha. I think they'd head on over to the Lake Valor Lakefront where the Seven Stars Restaurant is located. They'd have a tag-team battle against some of the other couples there, to test their abilities as a team. Then they'd eat some fancy food while discussing their likes/dislikes with each other, their pasts, etc. After that, the date would end with both Paul and Ursula watching the sunset over Lake Valor.

Victorian Rush
22nd October 2010, 5:44 AM
Ahh, I'm not about to let this thread die.

Hmm, for their first date, I'd have to say The Seven Stars Restaurant.
I could definietly see the two of them heading over there to battle the owner and his girlfriend, of course, they'd both win. The food is supposed to be really good there too so it'd be the perfect place, if you ask me, and I know they would enjoy themselves, after chatting about their likes and dislikes and etc.

eryyy
30th October 2010, 1:47 AM

I'm gonna have to agree with Ash, on this one, I'm gonna say the Seven Stars Restaurant.
You guys know how they both seem to really into battling, I could definietly see them battling the owner and his girlfriend and then they'd eat a nice full course mean. Then maybe afterward, Paul would take Ursula to get some Ice Cream and while they're eating their Ice Cream, they'll take about stuff in general.
I definietly think Ursula would have a good time with Paul so she'd allow him to take her out again.
That's how I see their first date.

Victorian Rush
3rd November 2010, 8:35 PM
New topic?

I definietly see them as being shocked.
I mean, I bet the thought of Ursula and Paul together even crossed their mind.

Lorde
3rd November 2010, 11:54 PM

I think Ash would sort of be clueless as to why Paul and Ursula would be together for starters. Ash hasn't really ever shown a mature side to him and he has much to learn about love. I'm guessing he'd wonder why they would be together, but he wouldn't make a big deal about it since he'd assume they were just friends. Dawn on the other hand, would probably know exactly what was going on, and would take revenge against Ursula by mocking her about her attachment to Paul. You know, as payback for all the times Ursula had mocked her in the past :]

eryyy
4th November 2010, 10:15 PM

Ash is as oblivious as you can get, he'd definietly be clueless about the whole thing. I only see him wondering about why they're together. He wouldn't make a big deal about it though, definietly wouldn't.
Dawn would probably be in shock at the fact that her rival and Ash's rival are together but I don't see her really caring about it. It's Ursula & Paul's love, I doubt it bother her.

DarkMagicianGirl17
12th November 2010, 4:04 AM
Yes, a Mockshipping thread! I would love to join, I adore this shipping (maybe a little too much for my own good xD)

So, onto the topics!

Why do you support Mockshipping instead of any other Paul and Ursula ships?
Because Paul and Ursula might end up being very compatible. You've got a silent, cold "bad boy" and a hot-tempered, competitive "mean girl", and while they're both considered the "evil" rivals, they're also different in that she is far more vocal about her opinions than him and he's practically cruel while she's just trying to make people squirm. Still, they could bring out different, maybe even kind sides of each other and have a really good relationship.

I could probably see them just running into each other during their travels, but both are in a bad mood that day in my mind's eye. They just glare at each other because they're plain angry at the world and their rivals until Ursula asks, "What's that all about?" And Paul would just say, "I didn't do a thing," and she'd flip out on him and say, "You're just as annoying as Dawn," then Paul might remember Dawn (for once xD) and they'd just have this complaint-fest about their rivals. Then, they'd realize how much they actually have in common, what with hating Ash and Dawn and all.

I think Reggie would be happy that Paul’s happy. I see him as being worried about his brother, that he’s missing out on so much because he’s so focused on winning battles. He’d see Ursula as someone who can make Paul happy and has a personality to balance out Paul’s.

Where would Paul and Ursula go for their first date, and how would it go?Definitely somewhere they could show off their skills as Trainers—the Seven Stars Restaurant or maybe entering the Tag Battle Competition in Hearthome if it’s being held again. During the battle, they’d probably be their usual competitive selves, but also take notice of each other’s skills in battle. During their dinner, whether it’s at Seven Stars or someplace in Hearthome, they’d just get to know each other as people—their likes and dislikes, pasts, goals, stuff like that.

Ash would have an ROTFL-worthy look on his face and be like, “Paul can LOVE someone?” He’d be in utter shock.
Dawn, however, would think be surprised in the sense that Ursula, someone who act’s like she’s too good for everyone, has found romance. She’d probably ask Ursula some questions about it out of curiosity, but Ursula would just shoot back, “None of your business, Dee Dee.”

Since Thanksgiving is coming up, what do you think Shinji and Urara would do together?
I agree with them having a “double celebration”, but they would probably go to Ursula’s house first because I see Ursula’s parents as very well-to-do, prim and proper, slightly stuck-up people, like their daughter. They’d want to have an elaborate dinner on the very day of the holiday. Everyone would have to get dressed up, too, and Ursula’s parents would scrutinize their daughter’s boyfriend and ask him a ton of questions. However, Paul seems like he’d do well under this kind of pressure, and earn her parents’ respect by the end of the night. The next day, they’d go over to Paul’s house for a laid-back day and just eat leftovers with Reggie.

And thanks for the warm welcome (:

Teshub
12th November 2010, 5:23 AM
I see Paul and Ursula as an interesting counterpart to Ash and Dawn. Completely different personalities from the heroes of show but if they met they are likely to click easily. Paul would also be the clueless one but does favors to her, and Ursula telling Paul how such a great trainer he is.

ponyboycurtis
12th November 2010, 5:01 PM
am i the only mockshipper that doesn't support pearlshipping?

eryyy
12th November 2010, 6:13 PM
@ponyboycurtis:
I know this isn't my place to say this but..
One line posts are NOT allowed in this discussion and they're considered SPAM. It's stated in the rules. Next time, please at least elaborate on your post.

@DarkMagicianGirl17:
Welcome to this thread. It's always nice to meet another supporter of this awesome ship. I hope you enjoy your time here (:

I'm gonna bring up a topic so this post isn't filled with useless junk.

I'll answer this one later guys 8DD

Lorde
12th November 2010, 6:22 PM

Um, they'd go to Ursula's parent's house maybe? It would seem like the traditional place for Paul and Ursula to go for Thanksgiving. This is, assuming that they would celebrate the holiday to begin with haha. I can see them going to Ursula's parent's house since it would be Paul's chance to meet her parents. I bet he would hate that since he'd have to be on his best behavior but Ursula would probably convince him to go anyway. I could see Ursula's dad being protective of his little girl and asking Paul all sorts of awkward questions while Ursula's mom would fuss over Paul's clothes and hair. Then to end the night, Paul would have to carve the turkey which would be funny to see :3

ponyboycurtis
12th November 2010, 7:23 PM
ok sorry i have a bad habit of typing short posts. btw here's my answer for the newest question

they'll porbaly first spend it with Paul's family and then ursula's family the next day. also they would get to know each other's parents

Victorian Rush
12th November 2010, 7:45 PM
am i the only mockshipper that doesn't support pearlshipping?

Ok, that's kind of off topic. This thread is only meant to be for Mockshipping, not to ask if you're the only person who supports Mockshipping that doesn't support Pearlshipping.
I'm just giving you a warning, next time you won't be so lucky. DON'T LET IT HAPPEN AGAIN!

Welcome, DarkMagicianGirl17. I'll add you to the list of supporters. I hope you enjoy your time here :)

As for the new topic:

They'd probably do what my cousin and his wife do for Thanksgiving, have two separate time to celebrate it. One week, they'd celebrate it with one of their families and then on the actual holiday, they'd celebrate with the others family.
Oh, BTW, The 4th KIRA, I seriously love your answer about Paul having to carve the turkey. That would be like really interesting to see xDD

eryyy
16th November 2010, 5:22 AM
This thread will NOT die. I won't let it.

I'm siding with mostly everyone on this. They'd probably celebrate it on two different occasions.
My cousin, Steve, and his wife, Barbara, often tend to celebrate it with her family when the Canadians do and then they celebrate it with his. That is probably what Paul and Ursula would do.
I can also see Ursula's parents trying to get to know their daughters boyfriend a little bit and ask him all sort of questions, which embarrasses Paul a lot.
Oh, and like The 4th KIRA said, Paul carving the turkey = Priceless.
O.O That's it, I'm gonna write a one-shot with this subject, I just can't resist.

I also wanna bring up another topic:

If you could make anyone a Mockshipper, how would it be and why?

Yeah, I borrowed this from the Pokeshipping & Pearlshipping thread.

DarkMagicianGirl17
17th November 2010, 12:04 AM
I'm SO sorry for not being active ;_;

I'm gonna say...Ursula's Plusle and Minun. Before you laugh at me, I think it would be so adorable to see them teasing her about it. For example, after they met, Ursula could be sitting around with an infatuated look on her face and they'd jump around her, doing their little cheer dance. She seems to be good friends with them, so she'd understand they were saying something like, "Ursula's in love!" And she'd be like, "No I'm not!" And they'd just tease her about it, but make her realize her true feelings.

Yeah, I know, lame xD

So, how about another new topic?

Would Ursula and Paul change at all, personality-wise, due to their relationship?

I think Paul would actually become a bit funnier. I can see him tossing out witty one-liners whenever he's around Ursula, just to see her laugh. As for Ursula, I think she'd become a bit more gentle and romantic. She seems to me like she's really a hopeless romantic, but she hides it behind her harsh exterior. She'd finally have a chance to show that side of herself with Paul.

eryyy
20th November 2010, 8:59 PM
I gotta remain more active in this thread.

If you could make anyone a Mockshipper, how would it be and why?

I think it would have been awesome if Dawn had become a Mockshipper when Ursula first debuted in 'Another One Gabites The Dust' by saying that Ursula is a lot like Paul, personality wise.
Another one would have to be Ash. Yeah, I know. Ash is as dense as you can get but still. How interesting would it have been if he did?
Zoey also. She did meet Paul and Ursula so I personally loved it if she became a Mockshipper.

TBH, I don't think so.
Even if they do get together, I can't honestly see either one of them changing, personality-wise, just cause of their relationship. They're like so alike now as it is, I can't see their relationship changing either one of them.
Of course that's me for you though.

DarkMagicianGirl17
28th November 2010, 11:11 PM
I MUST keep this thread alive and healthy.

With yet another new topic!

I think it would be on one of their dates, right as Paul was walking her home. They could be having a petty fight or little argument, and Ursula could be blowing things a little out of proportion. Paul would kiss her right as she was telling him off for something. And maybe Ursula's parents would see and have their eyes pop out of their head xD

Oceanus119
30th November 2010, 8:18 PM
*pops in* Hello Mockshippers. Sorry about not being very active, I've been away. I had to go away for Thanksgiving and I just got back on Sunday.
I'm gonna try to remain more active in this thread since it seems I've missed out on a lot.

Ok, now it's time to answer the topics:

I have like seriously a lot of people in mind for this.
My first choice would have to be Dawn. I definietly think it would have been interesting if she did saw that Ursula has a similar personality and she become one when she first Ursula in 'Another One Gabites the Dust'
I'm gonna shock everyone by saying Ash. I mean, yeah, he's as dense as you can get but I don't honestly don't think he's as oblivious to love as everyone seems to think he is. It would have been interesting if he did become a Mockshipper.
Those are the only ones I can think of now. I'll be sure to add more if I think of any.

I'm gonna have to agree with Erin (Espeon 114x) on this one.
I don't really see how their relationship would change them. Both Paul and Ursula are alike like now as it is and I honestly just can't see them changing personality-wise, due to the relationship.

You know, I was actually thinking about this the other day.
I was thinking that maybe if Paul was walking Ursula home after a date. Ursula could maybe thank you for such a wonderful time and then they'd share a kiss, while Ursula's parents are watching from inside the house.
Ursula's mother would be like, "aww, how cute." while her father is like a typical normal father and he'd be extra-protective of her after seeing them kiss.

I know that Thanksgiving had just passed but since I wasn't here, I really want to ask this:

What would Ursula and Paul be thankful to each other for?

I think they'd be thankful for just having each other, you know what I mean?
Another thing I think they'd be thankful for is having people who care about them and having them around. They'd also be thankful to have a place to live.
That's all I can really think of right now.

Lorde
30th November 2010, 9:26 PM

I'm going to be generic and say that they'd kiss at some sort of holiday party. I think Ursula and Paul would meet there first and they'd both be sort of angry for having been dragged there by friends or whatever. They'd notice each other from across the room and Ursula, being the diva that she is, would begin to give Paul "the look". Paul however, being sort of serious, would misinterpret that as her just taunting him and he'd ignore her. Anyway, Paul would start to take more notice in Ursula as the night would go on. Then near the end, they'd start to talk and notice that both had much in common. Ursula would spot the mistletoe above then and she'd point it out to Paul. Paul would then kiss Ursula and they'd have a magical moment for a few seconds and I think they'd pick things up from there.

Victorian Rush
2nd December 2010, 2:02 AM

I'm gonna say maybe after a date or something. Maybe Paul is walking Ursula after one of their dates and maybe they had a fight and Ursula is upset with Paul. Paul could try to talk to her and apologize for doing what he did that made her angry. Ursula could argue with him a bit more and then Paul, annoyed by her yelling, would kiss her and it would be a magical moment for the two of them.

eryyy
2nd December 2010, 8:25 PM
Ahh, can't believe I didn't answer this.

I'm gonna agree with everyone else on this and say after a date.
Maybe Paul did something that kind of upset Ursula and she's angry with him so maybe Paul is walking Ursula home and she's basically giving him the cold shoulder. He tires to get Ursula to talk to him and she just refuses and then starts yelling so Paul kisses her. And then it would turn into something magical for the two of them and they're completely unaware that Ursula's parents are watching them.
I might as well just write a story with that idea cause I just can't resist.

New topic anyone?

Under what circumstances do you see Paul and Ursula getting together?

DarkMagicianGirl17
2nd December 2010, 11:13 PM
What would Paul and Ursula be thankful to each other for?

I think they'd each be thankful to the other for just being there for them. It seems to me both of them had never really had someone they could talk to and enjoy life with until they found the other. They'd be thankful to each other as a couple, but also as friends.

Maybe after a few dates and interesting conversations, they'd start to get to know each other better and see the other's good qualities. Maybe it would take a push from someone to get them together officially, though--maybe Reggie would start pestering Paul about Ursula and asking him all sorts of questions about their relationship, and make Paul realize his true feelings. Meanwhile, Dawn could say something a little rude but also shipper-ish to Ursula, like "You know, you're just as rude and mean as Paul. You'd be just perfect for each other," while rolling her eyes. Then they could both take some time to think about what the others have said before finally making it official.

Victorian Rush
6th December 2010, 3:55 AM
Hello Mockshippers. I need to be more active on here.

I really like your answer, DarkMagicianGirl17! :D
I definitely see Paul maybe asking Ursula to be his girlfriend after a couple of dates and he gets to know her better and he really likes her. I definitely see Reggie hassling Paul about his relationship with Paul and he maybe encourages him to ask Ursula to be his girlfriend.

Since the holidays are coming around, I need to ask this.

How do you think Paul and Ursula would celebrate the holidays together?

Lorde
6th December 2010, 4:37 AM

I'm guessing they'd hang out at Ursula's aunt's cabin in the snowy Mt. Coronet mountains or something. I could see them going there just to hang out for the holidays. Ursula would convince Paul that it would be a lonely place where nobody would bother them and he'd reluctantly go. While at the cabin, there would be a terrible blizzard and they'd be snowed in the cabin for a while. They'd have to spend the holidays in miserable conditions but at least they'd have each other. Ursula, being a crafty kind of person, would do whatever possible to get Paul to cuddle with her to keep her warm. Then I could see them drinking hot chocolate, telling stories, and exchanging small gifts to pass the time until the snow would melt or they were rescued. Whichever would come first.

Nice topic btw. It lets me be creative :p

eryyy
7th December 2010, 11:34 PM

I love these topics like so much. It's fun and it lets me be creative :D
I could definietly see Paul and Ursula doing something like me and my family do for the holidays. They'd probably celebrate the holidays on two separate occasions: one with Ursula's family and the other with Paul's.
Like with my family, we often tend to celebrate Christmas on both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. On Christmas Eve, we tend to go over to my aunts house and have dinner, open presents, and etc. Then on Christmas Day, my mom often tends to make dinner and we celebrate the holiday and my cousin's birthday (which happens to fall on Christmas) with my aunts, uncle, and cousins.
Paul and Ursula would probably do that same thing, or at least something similar. Celebrate the holidays with family and so on.

and I think I'm gonna answer my own topic now:

Maybe after a few dates and stuff and Paul and Ursula get to know each other a bit more with a little push from Reggie, Paul could finally see that he and Ursula are compatible with each other and they'd be great as a couple.
I'm gonna have to agree with DarkMagicianGirl17, it would be so awesome if Dawn saw that Ursula is the female version of Paul and kind tried to get them together.

DarkMagicianGirl17
7th December 2010, 11:59 PM
How do you think Paul and Ursula would celeberate the holdiays together?

I think I'll go with a combo of everyone's answers. These two would want to go to the mountain ski lodge, but Ursula's parents would probably flip out and be like, "You're only (insert however old you think Ursula and Paul are here) years old! You MUST be supervised!" And her parents would go with them. Reggie would tag along, too, just cause he seems to me like the guy who would want to spend Christmas with his family.

At the lodge, Paul and Ursula wouldn't get much alone time, seeing as Ursula's parents would be hovering over them 24/7, so everyone would probably do stuff like exchanging presents and (forced) singing of Christmas carols all together. However, someone might bring mistletoe and Paul and Ursula could be under the--*shot for cliche*

And thanks, ~SkyHigh~ and Espeon 114x :) I'm glad you like the products of my obsessive Mockshippy imagination xD

Lorde
22nd December 2010, 4:06 AM

Well, I recall saying that Paul and Ursula would kiss at some holiday party before. I'm going to say that Paul and Ursula would hook-up after dating a little bit. Ursula would call Paul and request a "date", to which Paul would agree (just to get her to stop calling him haha). They'd go on their "date" and things would seem pretty boring to Paul since Ursula would keep talking about her life and stuff. It would be pretty boring to Ursula too since Paul wouldn't contribute to the conversation. As the night would go on and things would look sort of hopeless between them, maybe they'd meet Ash and Dawn and those two would tease Paul and Ursula. Then both Paul and Ursula would lose their cool and would proceed to throw tons of insults at their rivals until both were knocked out. Then they'd realize that they did have stuff in common after all and with that, they'd both be more comfortable with each others company and they'd go on more dates until they were finally a steady couple.

DarkMagicianGirl17
2nd January 2011, 9:38 PM
Merry late Christmas and Happy New Year :)

New topic, anyone?

What are some special little moments in Paul and Ursula's relationship that you'd like to see?

I would like to see them get to know each other's Pokemon and talk battle with each other. They could help each other train for Contests and Gym battles and learn from each other's personal styles. Also, it would be sweet to see them teaming up to insult Ash and Dawn, like The 4th KIRA said.

eryyy
8th January 2011, 10:00 PM
Wow, it's been so long since I've posted here. :/

What are some special little moments in Paul and Ursula's relationship that you'd like to see?

Hmm, I've never really given much thought to this subject, TBH!
Well, maybe they could do like what Ash and Dawn do. They train with each other for their upcoming battle and contests and etc. I also had written a chapter in my fanfic, The Great Escape (which I've put on hold) that had Paul and Ursula as tag team partners and they both insulted Ash and Dawn. I would loved to have see something like that happen in the anime before DP ended.
That's all I can really think of now. Sorry :/

Lorde
13th January 2011, 4:54 AM

I would also love to see how Paul and Ursula's Pokemon would interact with each other. I mean let's face it: Paul has some big Pokemon. Ursula by comparison, has relatively small Pokemon. Even if you don't count their Pokemon's size, you have to remember that Paul's Pokemon specialize in battling and Ursula's specialize in Contests. I would just like to see how Paul would have his Pokemon get along with Ursula's, and vice versa. I'd also love to see them battle against each other or against other trainers as a team, but I figure that the latter wouldn't happen until all of their Pokemon were used to each other and their strengths/weaknesses. Haha, I guess I'm just interested in seeing their competitive side as a couple :p

DarkMagicianGirl17
10th February 2011, 10:09 PM
Something I've been curious about...

Now that some new Chronicles-esque episodes are airing in Japan, do you think Ursula and Paul may meet in one?

I'll answer later~

Lorde
10th February 2011, 11:50 PM

Oh geez, I really hope so! All this time, I've just been dying for Paul and Ursula to actually meet each other in the anime and these new special episodes might actually make that into a reality at long last! I would love for there to be a Paul and Ursula special in the anime so that we can see how they'd interact with each other. They both have such dynamic personalities, so you know that it would make for an interesting encounter lol. There doesn't necessarily have to be a Paul and Ursula special, though; so long as they meet each other at some point in the anime, I'll be happy. These new special episodes just open up a ton of possibilities :p

Victorian Rush
15th February 2011, 9:01 PM
I've been so bad on here. Sorry guys, I'm gonna try to remain active in here.

Good question. It's possible.
Like The 4th KIRA, I've also been dying to see Paul and Ursula meet each other in the anime.
But you know, that's really up to the writers. For all we know, they may have something planned.
I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

eryyy
24th February 2011, 3:52 AM

Honestly, no...
Believe me, I'd like nothing more then for Paul and Ursula to meet but I really don't think they will meet if they haven't met by now.
But you never know what will happen, the writers could be planning something. There really is no way to know that since we're not the writers.

Victorian Rush
26th February 2011, 10:22 PM
Hey guys, new topic anyone?
This is a holiday topic and I know I'm late but I wasn't exactly around on Valentines Day cause I was incredibly busy with school.
But things have slowed down here and I'm finally on.

What do you think Paul and Ursula would have done to celebrate Valentines Day together?

I'll answer this later :O

Lorde
27th February 2011, 1:28 AM
What do you think Paul and Ursula would have done to celebrate Valentines Day together?

Well, I bet Ursula would've been the one to bring up a topic, since Paul doesn't look like the romantic type haha. I'd say that Ursula would drag Paul to a Valentine's Day carnival on the beach. You know, the kind with all sorts of rides and cotton candy and stuff. I bet Paul would grudgingly ride the Ferris wheel and all of the other rides with Ursula, and that he wouldn't be much fun. Ursula would probably be depressed and then Paul would note that he had been a jerk to her on her special day. I bet he'd make up for it by taking her to the shore at night to watch the fireworks show. Then they'd kiss and just stare up at the sky and watch the heart-shaped fireworks :3

Victorian Rush
12th March 2011, 9:12 PM

I kind of have to agree with The 4th KIRA on this one, Paul doesn't seem to be the romantic type. Therefor, Ursula would be the one who says something like it's Valentines Day, we should do something together. We are in a relationship after all. Then maybe Paul would take her out for dinner. That's all I can see him doing.

New Topic:

If Paul and Ursula got together with other characters from the anime, would you still continue to support this pairing?

Of course!
I always supported this pairing even though they never met in the show and I'd still always continue to support it, no matter what.

Remmie
12th March 2011, 10:13 PM
It's an interesting couple that could work, but I have few reserves, also they haven't met yet but, oh well.

Lorde
13th March 2011, 10:42 PM
If Paul and Ursula got together with other characters from the anime, would you still continue to support this pairing?

Oh, interesting topic. Well, I ship tons of characters and most of them end up with other people, so I've gotten kind of used to seeing that. Well, I'd be really sad if Paul and Ursula ended up being with other characters, but I guess that would only help strengthen my resolve. Seeing them with other people would just make me want to see them together even more. I'm commited to MockShipping so much that even if Paul and Ursula were to be with other characters, I'd still support this pairing. Part of me would be happy for them, but the other part of me would still be rooting for them to hook-up lol.

eryyy
15th March 2011, 8:33 PM

I certainly do love this topic.
Yep, of course I would. I've been a big fan of Mockshipping before Another One Gabites the Dust aired in Japan. The preview is what kind of gave me the idea that Paul and Ursula would be perfect together and that made me support this pairing.
So Paul and Ursula could end up with two different characters and I would always continue to support this pairing, no matter what.

Victorian Rush
27th March 2011, 6:12 AM
It's an interesting couple that could work, but I have few reserves, also they haven't met yet but, oh well.

One-line posts are against the rules of this thread and they're considered SPAM. This is a discussion thread. Please elborate on your post a bit more and explain why you support this pairing.

New Topic anyone?

Paul and Ursula may be similiar but they also have their differences too. Do you think this might have an impact on their relationship?

Something that's been bugging me for a while so I decided to bring this up.
I'll answer this later. Bear with me here, Mockshippers. I just wanna see what you guys say.

Lorde
30th March 2011, 6:54 AM
Paul and Ursula may be similiar but they also have their differences too. Do you think this might have an impact on their relationship?

I'm sure that their personal differences would have some sort of impact on their relationship, but I don't think that it has to be a negative thing. In my experience, most pairings involve two people with totally different backgrounds, but many of those pairings still work since both partners have something unique to contribute to the relationship. If Paul and Ursula were exactly the same in every way then I think they'd get bored of each other and they wouldn't make such a great couple. It's those little differences between the two that makes MockShipping work, at least in my opinion.

eryyy
9th April 2011, 1:26 AM
This thread has been like so dead lately. Where did all the Mockshippers go? I mean really?

I've been meaning to answer this topic for a while now but I kept on forgetting.
I agree with The 4th KIRA on this, I'm sure their differences would have some kind of impact on their relationship but I don't think it have a drastic impact on their relationship.
I still am fully convinced Ursula is the female version of Paul but even if they were totally alike, they might end getting bored with each other. The differences are another reason of what makes a relationship work in my opinion.
So, in my opinion, their differences is what would play an important role in them maintaining a steady relationship.

Caseydia
15th August 2011, 12:04 AM

Uh, first of all they needed to meet so that we could actually answer this question. But to answer it, I have to say that Paul might be alittle too much for Usula even though she's harsh on Dawn. Ursula's not really mean but she likes to tease. I think the same thing is with Paul. After Ash opened his eyes abit wider, Paul might be able to get along with everyone now.

The only difference I can think of is that one is in battles and the other in Contests might impact their relationship. I can't think of anything else. Style and epicness is similar.

Skiyomi
15th August 2011, 12:32 AM
This topic was bumped after being inactive for over 30 days, so I'm going to close it.