PDA

View Full Version : Jack-'s Sprites!

Jack-
25th September 2010, 9:23 PM
First post in the forums.. Oh dear.

Well, after finding this sight, I've been going through, using tutorials and I've produced my first work. Compared to what is possible it is not the best, but I'm still learning.

My next attempt will be a "Scratch-Sprite" or even a Fusion. I'll post them hear so I can get feedback from the people who it actually matters to.

Unfortunatly, I'm stuck with the Windows 7 version of Microsoft Paint. So my created will be poor. But if you know of any way of getting the old one. That would be great help.

So here's my first sprite, in the "Shadow" sense: Shadow Flareon

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad48/Jack-/Pokemon/Flareon_Shadow.png

UmbreonKit333
25th September 2010, 9:34 PM
first off, what did you rezise with? did you use stretch and skew or cntrl and numpad plus? with Ctrl and pressing + on the numpad, you can make things bigger and smaller without it looking err chunky. Also, were you able to color the red spots? If you werent, you could use a color to color it in.Other than that, I like it

Jack-
25th September 2010, 10:18 PM
I realised that after putting it up. I'm going to refer back to the orignal sprite size before doing that to try and make it as good as possible.

Two more things, again using the tutorials here: I made a Zubar, with wings & tail of a Charizard, then colour it in white. Got to the eyes then completely ruined it :-(

As for now, I'm trying to make an animation battle using normal pokemon. I've only managed 1 of however many segments.

Serris
3rd October 2010, 6:43 PM
A few words of advice:

~ Don't resize sprite. It can make sprites look very bad. This is a prime example.
~ Recolour everything.

Anywho. It's ok. If you hadn't resized, and remembered to recolour the outline with the darker shade, then it would've looked much better. But at least you have a sense of good colour choice.

Keep working.

Jack-
23rd October 2010, 11:35 AM
Thanks for the advice.

I'm now attempting one as I type this, I only play Pokemon Sapphire, trying to complete my pokedex at the moment So ^.^