PDA

View Full Version : Competitive Single Rates (5th Gen Standard OU) - READ FIRST POST

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

Pichu47
3rd August 2011, 4:55 PM
^this isn't the place to rate an entire team. If you want to do that go back one page to 5th gen rmt, then make a thread with your team.

James Bondage
3rd August 2011, 5:44 PM
Lol focus miss.

I would use timid (or naďve) because then you out speed starmie who would otherwise KO you and the latis who can OHKO if they have surf. Also I think that gets you past thunderus, he's base 115 right?

Lati twins and the genies are base 110, Timid/Naive does beat Starmie (base 115).

cheeselord
3rd August 2011, 5:52 PM
I thought the lati's were base 115 as well... I know that gengar and espeon are both 115 so out speeding them is useful.

ChaosBlizzard
3rd August 2011, 7:29 PM
Gengar is 110, Starmie is 115, genies are 111, Lati@s are 110, Espeon is 110. 111-129 is a bit of a dead-zone in terms of Speed. It seems like if you have Speed that is higher than 109, you're either 110, 130, or an Accelgor/Deoxys.

---

This is based off of a set an NPC ran that almost swept my going-through-the-game team. It might be effective in UU or possibly even OU.

Lilligant @ Leftovers
Nature: Modest
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 Special Attack / 252 Speed / 4 HP
- Teeter Dance
- Quiver Dance
- Petal Dance
- Hidden Power

I'm not sure what kind of Hidden Power would give you the most coverage, but this thing is scary when it gets set up. Lead off with Teeter Dance, and then set up Quiver Dance while your opponent is confused for as long as you can. You can then spam Petal Dance endlessly, and you can't ever confuse yourself when the move ends thanks to Own Tempo. Hidden Power would be for coverage, but I'm not sure what type would be best.

Kansas_Rocks!
4th August 2011, 12:16 AM
I was wondering if this is a good set for my terrakion.

Terrakion@Life Orb
Jolly Nature
EVs: 252 Atk/252Spd/4 HP
-Swords Dance
-EQ
-Rock Slide
-Sacred Sword

Standard swords dance sweeper. Swords Dance, obviously. Rock Slide for the flinch chance and being more accurate than Stone Edge. Sacred Sword for STAB. I like Sacred Sword over Close Combat because I don't like the defense drop after CC and that Sacred Sword will run at full power with reflect, acid armor, etc. EQ because its another strong physical move and i like the move.

I posted this yesterday but there was a dragonite argument that overshadowed it. Can someone please tell me what i could do better? Or maybe tell me that its so powerful it hurts your eyes to see it?

Pichu47
4th August 2011, 3:49 AM
Reuniclus@leftovers
Nature:Calm
EV's: 252 hp 252 sp. Def
Ability:Magic guard

-Snatch
-Thunder Wave
-Recover
-Psyshock

This is designed to be a lead. The opponent figures that I will use trick room and will taunt. I use snatch and taunt the opponent back. I can then wreak havoc by spreading thunder wave.

------------- Edit:

Bisharp@Dark Gem
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Defiant
EV's: 252 Atk 252 hp 4 def

-Sucker punch
-Swords dance
-Taunt
-Stealth rock

This poke is a revenge killer. He also provides useful support with stealth rock, and taunt to shut down walls. Swords dance powers up sucker punch.

cheeselord
4th August 2011, 12:02 PM
Nice reunius idea. On bishop try brick break over stealth rock for some much needed coverage.

Also ^^ the terakion looks fine, no changes.

Pingo
4th August 2011, 12:08 PM
I posted this yesterday but there was a dragonite argument that overshadowed it. Can someone please tell me what i could do better? Or maybe tell me that its so powerful it hurts your eyes to see it?I use these moves instead:

- rock polish
- swords dance
- stone edge
- close combat

this is better and more powerful if it successfully set up, but it's moves are in general more "risky" to use then yours. I guess it's a question of preference.

Dark Sharpedo
4th August 2011, 1:17 PM
With a Metagame full of Politoeds; Poliwrath dosent get close to the amount of attention that it should actually get, even though it has low base stats, if you use him properly, he can be a very big asset in battle.

One of the best Poliwrath sets is a SubPunch set.
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/062.gif
move 1: Substitute
move 2: Focus Punch
move 3: Waterfall
move 4: Bulk Up
item: Leftovers
ability: Water Absorb
nature: Adamant
evs: 132 HP / 252 Atk / 124 Spe

Comments: This set works very nicely if you allow Wrath to get into a Sub and trigger of some Bulk Ups, then hitting hard with either STAB Waterfall or STAB Focus Punch.
Also, with Lefties, you are able to refresh HP you lost when subbing in, which is nice because you will want enough power to sub again if the Sub fades out.
So all in all, this guy wont sweep, but he can cripple you after a few Bulk Ups, and if you allow him to do enough Bulk Ups, he could possibly sweep you.

D-World
4th August 2011, 2:17 PM
My RU supporter

Xatu @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP/ 4 Def/ 252 Spe
Nature: Timid
-Toxic
-Wish
-Protect
-Night Shade/ Tailwind/ Psychic

*Magic Bounce Xatu is not as good as Espeon in my opinion, but it's still very good, extremely good in RU, anyways. It gets to protect my whole team from harm with Magic Bounce to stop Status and Hazards. It also gets to throw around 167 HP wishes, making it my second wish passer on my team along with Gardevoir. I give it Toxic to be able to badly damage opposing walls and teams, and Protect acts as stall for Toxic and recovery for Wish.*

Kaizer2509
4th August 2011, 5:19 PM
Pretty standard scarf chomp, try fire blast somewhere.

what move should i replace with fire blast....

cheeselord
4th August 2011, 5:24 PM
Crunch .

jesusfreak94
4th August 2011, 9:19 PM
I posted this yesterday but there was a dragonite argument that overshadowed it. Can someone please tell me what i could do better? Or maybe tell me that its so powerful it hurts your eyes to see it?

Other than my own preference of Close Combat and Stone Edge over Sacred Sword and Rock Slide (that extra power really can matter), I'd consider either Rock Polish or HP Ice over Earthquake. Rock Polish gives you an extra boosting option against faster, frailer teams (where SD might fail), and Terrakion can afford to run only two offensive moves due to its excellent coverage and power. HP Ice, however, will allow Terrakion to destroy one of the few things standing in it's way: Gliscor. Even a Jolly Terrakion with no SpA investment will 2HKO 252/0 Gliscor with HP Ice when you have a Life Orb. Once you opponent's Gliscor is out of the way, Terrakion can have a field day with the opponent's team.

Dark Sharpedo
5th August 2011, 4:56 AM
Other than my own preference of Close Combat and Stone Edge over Sacred Sword and Rock Slide (that extra power really can matter), I'd consider either Rock Polish or HP Ice over Earthquake. Rock Polish gives you an extra boosting option against faster, frailer teams (where SD might fail), and Terrakion can afford to run only two offensive moves due to its excellent coverage and power. HP Ice, however, will allow Terrakion to destroy one of the few things standing in it's way: Gliscor. Even a Jolly Terrakion with no SpA investment will 2HKO 252/0 Gliscor with HP Ice when you have a Life Orb. Once you opponent's Gliscor is out of the way, Terrakion can have a field day with the opponent's team.
I wouldnt go with HP Ice on Terrakion, because Gliscor has one main pokemon that gets on his nerves, and that poke ends up synergizing very well with Terrakion; that Pokemon is Rotom-W. Hydro Pump with Choice Scarf will OHKO Gliscor nicely and it also takes Terrakions weakness to Ground, Water, yet does leave Grass, that is why I like to run Terrakion, Rotom-W, and a Defensive Meganium, in the sun, it works surprisingly nicely.

Eaglehawk
5th August 2011, 4:53 PM
Gengar is 110, Starmie is 115, genies are 111, Lati@s are 110, Espeon is 110. 111-129 is a bit of a dead-zone in terms of Speed. It seems like if you have Speed that is higher than 109, you're either 110, 130, or an Accelgor/Deoxys.

---

This is based off of a set an NPC ran that almost swept my going-through-the-game team. It might be effective in UU or possibly even OU.

Lilligant @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Special Attack / 252 Speed / 4 HP
- Teeter Dance
- Quiver Dance
- Petal Dance
- Hidden Power

I'm not sure what kind of Hidden Power would give you the most coverage, but this thing is scary when it gets set up. Lead off with Teeter Dance, and then set up Quiver Dance while your opponent is confused for as long as you can. You can then spam Petal Dance endlessly, and you can't ever confuse yourself when the move ends thanks to Own Tempo. Hidden Power would be for coverage, but I'm not sure what type would be best.
You're better off running Sleep Powder to incapacitate one of the opponent's pokemon, and also to get a free boost from Quiver Dance. As for the HP-typing, it's a choice between HP-Fire, HP-Ground, or HP-Fighting. Those all have decent coverage with Petal Dance, but they can't KO unless you have two QD boosts, though.
Your Reuniclus isn't that great of a lead, as it can't do what it needs to do fast enough.

With a Metagame full of Politoeds; Poliwrath dosent get close to the amount of attention that it should actually get, even though it has low base stats, if you use him properly, he can be a very big asset in battle.

One of the best Poliwrath sets is a SubPunch set.
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/062.gif
move 1: Substitute
move 2: Focus Punch
move 3: Waterfall
move 4: Bulk Up
item: Leftovers
ability: Water Absorb
nature: Adamant
evs: 132 HP / 252 Atk / 124 Spe

Comments: This set works very nicely if you allow Wrath to get into a Sub and trigger of some Bulk Ups, then hitting hard with either STAB Waterfall or STAB Focus Punch.
Also, with Lefties, you are able to refresh HP you lost when subbing in, which is nice because you will want enough power to sub again if the Sub fades out.
So all in all, this guy wont sweep, but he can cripple you after a few Bulk Ups, and if you allow him to do enough Bulk Ups, he could possibly sweep you.

It's not a bad set, and I can see you thought it out well, but I would make some suggestions.

I concede about the fact that Poliwrath doesn't have any good Fighting moves bar Focus Punch. Since you're under a sub, why not use Circle Throw. With Circle Throw being the fighting counterpart of Dragon Tail, you can phaze threats in and out, and with a boost from 1-2 Bulk Ups, it can do lots of damage while supporting your team through Phazing. However, your STAB combination makes it susceptible to WA Jellicent. Also, Salamence and Dragonite really resists this set, as Salamence can lower your attack just by switching in and Dragonite is bulky enough to survive just about anything you throw at it. So if you're going to use that set, make sure you can get rid of Jellicent and Flying/Dragon pokemon.

cheeselord
5th August 2011, 4:59 PM
Or just use it in UU or RU...

Lord Of Grapes
5th August 2011, 10:39 PM
Umm helooo. How's it goin'? here's a late-game sweeper for ya ;)

http://imgboot.com/images/aragornbird/254.gif
Sceptile(M) @ Grass Gem
Ev's: 252spd / 252atk / 4hp
Ability: Unburden
~Leaf Blade
~Earthquake
~Rock Slide
~Swords Dance

Basically I come in and Swords Dance if I know I can resist the opponents move, or use a gem boosted Leaf Blade which in turn will activate Unburden Doubling my speed to outspeed even sandstorm Excadrill. EQ and Rockslide give me that Edgequake type coverage.

jesusfreak94
5th August 2011, 10:58 PM
I wouldnt go with HP Ice on Terrakion, because Gliscor has one main pokemon that gets on his nerves, and that poke ends up synergizing very well with Terrakion; that Pokemon is Rotom-W. Hydro Pump with Choice Scarf will OHKO Gliscor nicely and it also takes Terrakions weakness to Ground, Water, yet does leave Grass, that is why I like to run Terrakion, Rotom-W, and a Defensive Meganium, in the sun, it works surprisingly nicely.

That can be said about any Pokemon. And besides, if you're going to switch out, so will Gliscor. Then when you send Terrakion back out, Gliscor will come back out, and you've gone full circle.

The deal with Terrakion is that he's so powerful and he gets such great coverage with just his two STABs. Terrakion actually has one moveslot leftover on the boosting sets that could be a number of things. If you're not running a second boosting move, HP Ice is an excellent option. By nailing Gliscor as it switches in, you can kill it on the second attack and tear through your opponent's team. Besides, unless your team really needs the coverage offered by one of Terrakion's other main offensive options, there's really not much else that you're going to be hitting hard with a coverage move that Terrakion's STABs won't already be hitting hard enough or that is really common enough to worry about.

cheeselord
5th August 2011, 11:27 PM
@grapes: fancy seeing you here ;), also regarding your set you need something that can hit steels... Try brick break somewhere.

Kansas_Rocks!
5th August 2011, 11:44 PM
Does anyone think that blaziken w/speed boost can pull off the protect sash set like this?

Blaziken@Focus Sash
Adamant Nature
Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spd, 4 HP
-Protect
-Fire Punch
-Hi Jump Kick
-Swords Dance

Pretty simple setup. Protect first turn, swords dance, protect. +2 Atk and +3 Spd can totally sweep just about anything. Fire Punch for fire STAB with no recoil like Flare Blitz, which would kill it if sash kicked in. Hi Jump Kick for its best fighting STAB move.

cheeselord
5th August 2011, 11:45 PM
Yup and that's why he's banned to ubers.

Lord Of Grapes
5th August 2011, 11:54 PM
@grapes: fancy seeing you here ;), also regarding your set you need something that can hit steels... Try brick break somewhere.

Ummm I'm sure I saw somewhere that Ground can SE Steels. Now where was it?... Oh yeah, the game

cheeselord
5th August 2011, 11:59 PM
XD, I totally read that too fast lol. For some reason I though you said return o_O, perhaps I need new glasses.

Good set though.

Lord Of Grapes
6th August 2011, 12:07 AM
XD, I totally read that too fast lol. For some reason I though you said return o_O, perhaps I need new glasses.

Good set though.

rofl thanks

heres another one ;)

http://imgboot.com/images/aragornbird/448.gif
Lucario @ Life Orb
Nature: Naive (+spd -Sdef)
Ev's: 252spd / 188atk / 64Satk / 4hp OR 252spd / 252atk / 4hp
Ability: Inner Focus
~ Swords Dance/Agility
~ Aura Sphere/Flash Cannon/Dragon Pulse/Dark Pulse/Drain Punch/Sky Uppercut
~ Extremespeed/Bullet Punch
~ Blaze Kick

Lucario has great stats in both attacking ranges so i decided to make him mixed but I want you opinion on this though. He has amazing statsgivingimmediate power even without a SD so I just SD/Agility whenever I have afree turn Slot 2 is what makes him mixed but I put some other options in incase I should change it. Slot 3 gives me some much needed priotityshould I not get an Agility in. Slot 4 gives me some much needed coverage.

oh and btw if you have a volcarona with QD, dual STABS, what should the last slot be?

cheeselord
6th August 2011, 12:13 AM
Hmm nice, I would use dark pulse for the second slot, extreme speed for the third and close combat/HJK for the third. Then maybe work up for the first. That's the one I'm unsure on...

Lord Of Grapes
6th August 2011, 12:38 AM
And what about Volcarona?

cheeselord
6th August 2011, 12:40 AM
Well mine has psychic.

Edit: HP rock, electric or iceis good though.

ChaosBlizzard
6th August 2011, 2:16 AM
http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon/479-m.png
Rotom-M @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Sp Atk / 252 Def / 4 Sp Def
-Leaf Storm
-Thunderbolt
-Hidden Power [Rock]
-Volt Switch / Trick

The end-all-be-all answer to bulky Water types. Hit a Water/Ground type with STAB Leaf Storm and anything else with Thunderbolt. Hidden Power [Rock] covers Rotom-M's Fire, Ice and Bug weaknesses. Finally, Volt Switch lets you get a favorable matchup or Trick lets you cripple walls. The 252 Defense EVs allow it to wall Swampert and Quagsire, but more Sp Def bulk could be useful. I guess that's why I want it rated though.

cheeselord
6th August 2011, 2:26 AM
Max HP instead or def and use bold nature, also definitely use trick over volt switch.

ChaosBlizzard
6th August 2011, 2:35 AM
Max HP instead or def and use bold nature, also definitely use trick over volt switch.

It's HP is so bad though. And why definitely Trick over VS?

cheeselord
6th August 2011, 2:40 AM
Because rotor isn't powerful enough to sweep, what it does best is taking out Walls and tricks helps it do that.

ChaosBlizzard
6th August 2011, 2:47 AM
Because rotor isn't powerful enough to sweep, what it does best is taking out Walls and tricks helps it do that.

I just realized, I was thinking of Pain Split for some reason. Yeah, Trick is definitely better, you're right.

Its HP is less than half its Def/SpDef. Should I max that instead of the defenses?

Xx_BS-TyKi_xX
6th August 2011, 2:47 AM
Here is mine :3
:637:
Volcarona @I don't really know what to use xD
Trait: Flame Body
Timid (+Speed / - Attack[I know everybody here knows that is just a thing that i like n.nU)
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Sp Atk / 252 Speed
» Quiver Dance
» Psychic
» Flamethrower
» HP Bug (Would be replace with Bug Buzz)
Also is currently Level 61 n.nU

Mayu808
6th August 2011, 3:15 AM
The only thong I see is the choice of fire move. Also use a life orb for extra damage but anyways, you could use fiery dance for the sp attack boost, or fire blast for sheer power. It's really your choice.

Xx_BS-TyKi_xX
6th August 2011, 3:25 AM
The only thong I see is the choice of fire move. Also use a life orb for extra damage but anyways, you could use fiery dance for the sp attack boost, or fire blast for sheer power. It's really your choice.

Ok so I'm gonna replace Flamethrower with Fiery Dance when she reaches Lv 100 and add a Life Orb n__n Thank you

SazandoraMASTER
6th August 2011, 5:26 AM
Zapdos
-Toxic
-Sky Drop
-Thunderbolt
-Roost
Item Attached: Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EV's and Nature:
EV's: 252 HP / 132 Def / 124 SpD
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)

Not sure if Sky Drop is banned ._. If it is, tell me and suggest another Toxic-Stalling set :3

ChaosBlizzard
6th August 2011, 5:41 AM
Yes, Sky Drop is banned. Everything else looks solid though. Why 132/124 for the defenses though? Why not just 128/128 if you're going to make them so close like that?

Cometk
6th August 2011, 7:15 AM
http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon/479-m.png
Rotom-M @ Choice Specs
EVs: 92 HP / 252 SpA / 164 Spe
- Leaf Storm
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire] / Thunderbolt
- Trick

252 SpA is obvious. 164 Spe let's you outspeed all the Pokémon that EV to outrun the Jolly Tyranitar mark. The rest can be thrown into HP for taking hits better. And yeah, what Cheeselord said, always EV in HP before going into other defenses, especially if you have a low HP base stat. Volt Switch is way better than Thunderbolt for a choice set since it let's you keep the momentum in favor of your side. The drop in power doesn't matter at all when they bring in their Virizion to take the Thunderbolt, so being able to switch out with impunity is greatly appreciated. Trick is really useful too for crippling walls that come in like Blissey and Ferrothorn. Not to mention Volt Switch works really well in tandem with Trick. Hidden Power Fire works for straight up killing Ferrothorn who hardwalls you otherwise, but you have Heatran on your team so after you Trick the Ferrothorn you could just Volt Switch out to him. Thunderbolt can also be used for cleaning up late in the game and for whatever other reason.

S k y
6th August 2011, 2:53 PM
So here's mine

http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon/392.png
Infernape (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Iron Fist
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge/ThunderPunch
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat

ChaosBlizzard
6th August 2011, 10:17 PM
252 SpA is obvious. 164 Spe let's you outspeed all the Pokémon that EV to outrun the Jolly Tyranitar mark. The rest can be thrown into HP for taking hits better.

Thanks, Cometk. I'll take your suggestion. Just one thing, Smogon's writeup says to run 144 Speed, but that assumes a Choice Scarf instead of Choice Specs. I ran the calculations and figured I should maybe go even higher than what you said and go to 88/168 in order to hit an even 250. How much Speed is really "necessary" on him, and how much is superfluous?

While I'm posting, here's one more set.

;059; Arcanine @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate/Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Attack / 252 Speed / 4 HP
-Flare Blitz
-Close Combat
-Extremespeed
-Morning Sun

Between the Life Orb and the recoil from Flare Blitz, he'd be 2HKOing himself, so Morning Sun is critical. Therefore, with Sun support, this is a proven effective sweeper and has been widely used. But I'm not running a sun team, so any Sun support would be coincidental. How well would this set function without Sun? Also, Intimidate or Flash Fire?

So here's mine

http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon/392.png
Infernape (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Iron Fist
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge/ThunderPunch
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat

The set looks solid except for the ability. It would only effect Thunderpunch, which you have as your second slash. Given how frail he is, Blaze would probably be better, as the Life Orb plus Flare Blitz recoil would bring you in that range pretty easily. I think Infernape is a little frail to be attempting to set up with either SD or Nasty Plot, but it's been proven effective, so go for it.

Ninja Dewott
6th August 2011, 10:22 PM
SD/NP infernape works very well if you can predict the switch

Pichu47
6th August 2011, 11:23 PM
Galvantula@Life Orb
Nature: timid
EV's: 252 spe 252 sp. Atk 4 hp
Ability: Compoundeyes

-Thunder Wave
-Thunder
-Bug Buzz
-Substitute/Energy Ball

This poke can Thunder wave to slow opponents and deal serious damage. Substitute is a great move and helps set up thunder wave. Energy ball owns water/ground types.

cheeselord
6th August 2011, 11:34 PM
Maybe HP ice for the last move.

Vandslaux
7th August 2011, 6:31 AM
Could somebody help me on my Rain Tank Swampert set? I just bred and RC'ed this to 100 on my SS, so feel free to suggest SR, as I still have access to it. The set takes advantage of Swampert's typing, his natural bulk, and his high base 110 Attack.
Swampert @Leftovers
Brave
Torrent
252 HP/252 Attack/4 Def
Waterfall
Earthquake
Hammer Arm/Stealth Rock
Avalanche/Stealth Rock

Takes hits and deals them.

pseudo pro
7th August 2011, 7:16 AM
Tirtouga @ Eviolite
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 98 Atk/160 Def/252 Spd
-Shell Smash
-Aqua Tail/Waterfall
-Stone Edge
-Earrthquake

With rain support, Shell Smash Tirtouga can actually be a threat even in OU. Waterfall is more accurate but Aqua Tail gives a bit more power (100% OHKO against Scarfed Tyranitar). Stone Edge is for a second STAB move while Earthquake is for coverage. The reason for 160 Def EVs is so Tirtouga can survive an Earthquake from an Adamant Excadrill.

ChaosBlizzard
7th August 2011, 8:11 AM
vandslaux: Looks solid, although Swampert is very outclassed this generation. That's probably about as good as Swampert is going to get, but Swampert isn't all that good anymore.

pseudo pro: Seems like Skill Link Cloyster still outclasses it. You're trying to make it bulky and defensive, and then break all those defenses so you can sweep. You should probably just pick one or the other; trying to overextend like that, expecially on a NFE Pokemon with Eviolite, will backfire more than it will work. Probably still usable, just not wise.

-----

Machamp @ Life Orb
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 Attack / 240 HP / 16 Special Defense
-Dynamicpunch
-Ice Punch
-Fire Punch
-Stone Edge

This varies from the traditional Dynamicpunch Lead Machamp in 3 ways. Number one, it uses Life Orb over Lum Berry; I have the Life Orb available to my team (no one else on the team has claimed it yet) and I'd rather have more power over getting out of status, but I can change it if the Lum Berry is critical. Number two, the 4 EVs put into Speed to outrun "max Speed Blissey" according to Smogon's writeup are put into Attack so it maxes out to 252; this seems like a small change to me, and I need him to have as much brute strength as possible to make up for his other shortcomings. Number three, Fire Punch over Payback; Dark and Fighting gives unresisted coverage, and Machamp certainly has the Speed to utilize Payback, but I've been wracking my brain for the last few days trying to come up with something to fill the last slot on my team, and a physical Pokemon with access to the type combination Fighting-Fire-Ice-Rock is what I determined I need.

James Bondage
7th August 2011, 9:25 AM
Machamp @ Life Orb
-Dynamicpunch
-Ice Punch
-Fire Punch
-Stone Edge

This varies from the traditional Dynamicpunch Lead Machamp in 3 ways. Number one, it uses Life Orb over Lum Berry; I have the Life Orb available to my team (no one else on the team has claimed it yet) and I'd rather have more power over getting out of status, but I can change it if the Lum Berry is critical. Number two, the 4 EVs put into Speed to outrun "max Speed Blissey" according to Smogon's writeup are put into Attack so it maxes out to 252; this seems like a small change to me, and I need him to have as much brute strength as possible to make up for his other shortcomings. Number three, Fire Punch over Payback; Dark and Fighting gives unresisted coverage, and Machamp certainly has the Speed to utilize Payback, but I've been wracking my brain for the last few days trying to come up with something to fill the last slot on my team, and a physical Pokemon with access to the type combination Fighting-Fire-Ice-Rock is what I determined I need.

This Generation as a lead, Machamp really does need Lumber Berry and Bullet Punch more than ever.

With Thundurous' and Tornadus' Prankster, Volcaron's Flame Bofy, and Breloom's Spore, Lum Berry pretty much has to be there.

Bullet Punch is one of Machamp's main niches as a lead. You will loose too many 2HKO's without it.

Also, you need to have a reliable 2nd attack for those Sub/Disable Gengar's that seem popular right now. If you really don't think you need Payback, you need Bullet Punch more than ever to not risk getting 2HKO'd.

ChaosBlizzard
7th August 2011, 9:59 AM
This Generation as a lead, Machamp really does need Lumber Berry and Bullet Punch more than ever.

With Thundurous' and Tornadus' Prankster, Volcaron's Flame Bofy, and Breloom's Spore, Lum Berry pretty much has to be there.

Bullet Punch is one of Machamp's main niches as a lead. You will loose too many 2HKO's without it.

Also, you need to have a reliable 2nd attack for those Sub/Disable Gengar's that seem popular right now. If you really don't think you need Payback, you need Bullet Punch more than ever to not risk getting 2HKO'd.

He wouldn't actually be a lead. That concept, while still necessary for a more centralized team, isn't really still viable with Team Preview. He just is a strong, physical Pokemon that can learn Fire Punch, Ice Punch, Stone Edge and a STAB'd Fighting move; he's filling a hole in a team because there's nothing else I need to put there, so I'm covering some weaknesses. I'd be fine with changing the item if you still think that's necessary, but I don't know where I'd fit Bullet Punch, as all four of the moves are pretty necessary. Also, if I got SubDisabled, I'd probably just switch; no reason to be pitting a Machamp against a Gengar in the first place.

D-World
7th August 2011, 1:08 PM
Meet the best Troll EVER!

Trollslass.

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/d/d5/Spr_5b_478.png
Froslass @ Brightpowder/ Lum Berry
Ability: Snow Cloak
EVs: 252 Spe/ 100 Def/ 158 Sp. Def
-Spite
-Thunder Wave
-Pain Split
-Blizzard/ Spikes/ Destiny Bond/ Substitute/ Toxic/ Confuse Ray/ Disable/ Taunt/ Double Team (for random battles)

*Froslass is Trolltastic! The Trolliest of Trolls with a side order of Troll. With Brightpowder and Snow Cloak, Froslass's base evasion is about the same as Stage 1, making it hard to hit. Now all it needs is a set of trolltastic moves! Well, let's start with Spite since it reduces the move last used by the opponent's PP by 4, which you usually know since Froslass has a base 110 Speed, which is very fast. If the opponent is faster, then cripple it with Thunder Wave, and if you're faster than it, Cripple it anyways, you're a Troll, goddammit! If you do eventually get hit, which you can probably take with your EVd Bulk, then use Pain Split to recover your lost HP and make your opponent lose theirs, double Trolltastic!

And now we come to the final move, the last slot that can be filled with endless possibilities of Trolliness. Blizzard can hurt alot in Hail, especially since it's STAB, Spikes makes a fun move to have and your opponent can't even Spin it away because of your perfect Troll typing. Destiny Bond is your option if you are subjected to dying, so you can take your opponent with you, like a good Troll should! Substitute blocks Status and deals with the occasional hit, it also allows more Pain Splitting. Toxic is very useful for Trolling around as it deals nicely with the opponent. Disable messes the opponent up badly. Taunt is to not get Taunted yourself, Confuse Ray acts as another Status that makes the opponent fume with rage when he hurts itself continuously (I find that it's very trolly since when the adversary doesn't hurt itself, it usually misses). Double Team is to ensure that the Trolling is perfect, but due to Evasion Clause it's not legal, but I use it in Random Matchup.*

I'm bumping this up since the only rate it got was a comment about how Brightpowder was banned, and I'm not even sure it is...

WinterChevalier
7th August 2011, 2:19 PM
If you're only using it for random match up, Brightpowder is fine. If it's by Smogon/PO's standards, than yes, it's banned. As for the moveset, I'd go with something along the lines of:

- ThunderWave
- Spikes
- Substitute
- Shadow Ball/Ice Beam/Blizzard

IMO, I prefer Ice Beam over SB and Blizzard, due to it hitting move things in the meta super effectively, and having more PP than Blizzard, which makes a difference against anything that wants to try and stall you in return. Also, if it's for Smogon tiers, I'd go with either Leftovers or Lum Berry as the item. Leftovers for obvious healing, and Lum for incase you get hit with a Toxic if they're lucky enough for you to be not subbed up and get it through your Snow Cloak hax. I think the EVs are fine as well~

Vandslaux
7th August 2011, 5:37 PM
As in, Quagsire>Swampy? I don't have access to DW Wooper atm. Also, Pert has the highest Attack of his Water/Ground brethren. Whiscash is rather slow, even after a DD, in this metagame, I have nothing to lure Water attacks for a Gastrodon, and Quagsire lacks power with a mediocre base 85 Attack. He's worse Specially, with a base 65 Sp. Atk.

James Bondage
7th August 2011, 5:47 PM
He wouldn't actually be a lead. That concept, while still necessary for a more centralized team, isn't really still viable with Team Preview. He just is a strong, physical Pokemon that can learn Fire Punch, Ice Punch, Stone Edge and a STAB'd Fighting move; he's filling a hole in a team because there's nothing else I need to put there, so I'm covering some weaknesses. I'd be fine with changing the item if you still think that's necessary, but I don't know where I'd fit Bullet Punch, as all four of the moves are pretty necessary. Also, if I got SubDisabled, I'd probably just switch; no reason to be pitting a Machamp against a Gengar in the first place.

Team viewer only makes suici4 leads less viable. I run a team woth Rotom-W, Jirachi, Tyranitar, and Deoxys-S, all of which use their lead sets from Gen 4, and they do fine. Even the one's that don't lead.

Bullet Punch should allow you to beat Gengar, even if Machamp and Gengar are in the lead positions, without needing Payback. Ice Punch and Stone Edge provide near equal coverage, aside from ground types. Machamp is so slow that alot of ground types can still outspeed, so you are risking getting Machamp KO'd if you stay in (and probably not get the OHKO anyways).

I'd loose Ice Punch in favor of Bullet Punch, unless you are afraid of Flygon in OU (Gliscor will beat you regaurdless).

Blayd
7th August 2011, 10:14 PM
How about this as a Weather counter?

Gastrodon holding Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
Nature: Impish
EVs: 252 HP, 128 Defense, 128 Special Defense
Moves:
1) Rain Dance
2) Recover
3) Toxic
4) Earthquake

This guy helps to counter weather. He walls and toxic stalls most pokemon commonly found in a rain team, with the exception of Ludicolo; against sun he'll set up rain and against sand he has EQ to deal with excadrill and rain to put the others out of action. Recover is for recovery.

cheeselord
7th August 2011, 11:10 PM
That's a good idea! Watch out for grass types in sun though.

archeopsdan
7th August 2011, 11:10 PM
once again ive gone looking into ramdom pokemon and ive found this

;124;@life orb/ choice items
Dry skin/fore warn, timid
252 Sp.atk, 252 Spd, 4 Hp
-ice beam
-psychic/ psyshock
-nasty plot/ energy ball/ focus blast/ shadow ball
-nasty plot/ energy ball/ focus blast/ shadow ball

a choice or life orb sweeper, ice beam and psychic/psyshock are for stab, then nasty plot if running life orb, other wise run any of them moves for added coverage ( suggest focus blast)

Blayd
7th August 2011, 11:32 PM
That's a good idea! Watch out for grass types in sun though.
My thoughts exactly. I need to watch out for Solarbeams!

jesusfreak94
7th August 2011, 11:40 PM

Moves:
1) Rain Dance
2) Recover
3) Toxic
4) Earthquake

This guy helps to counter weather. He walls and toxic stalls most pokemon commonly found in a rain team, with the exception of Ludicolo; against sun he'll set up rain and against sand he has EQ to deal with excadrill and rain to put the others out of action. Recover is for recovery.

Gastrodon actually makes an excellent Rain counter, but running Earth Power over Earthquake would make better use of Gastro's ability Storm Drain. I would also recommend Scald over Rain Dance, since many Sun abusers are Grass types that would kill Gastro before it had the chance to Rain Dance. In other words, Gastro's probably not going to be countering Sun any time soon. As for Sand, I'm not entirely sure that Gastro can take on a SD Excadrill without some serious physical defense investment. And with less special defense investment, Gastro will have problems taking on the mainly special Rain abusers. Gastro is much better used as a Rain abuser, since it can stop many Rain teams cold.

It's still a good Pokemon. I'm glad to see someone putting it to good use. ^_^

Doctor Quark
8th August 2011, 2:06 AM
I'm brand new to competitive Pokemon battling in general, and I just got started building a team. I have a tendency to use Pokemon that are my favorites rather than just those that excel in battle. I could really use some help.

Gardevoir(Serenade) @TwistedSpoon
Ability: Trace
Nature: Bold
EVs: 255 Special Attack, 255 Speed
Moves
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Calm Mind

I should start by pointing out: I know I overdid it on the EVs, but I don't really have any way of fixing that right now. I gave Serenade her current moveset to have a lot of coverage, but also to serve as a major damage dealer. I gave also gave her Calm Mind in case the opportunity to set up for a sweep were to present itself. I'm not certain if I'm taking this in the right direction or not. I also decided to use Gardevoir out of personal choice, but I don't know if Alakazam or another Psychic type would do the job better. Any suggestions?

ChaosBlizzard
8th August 2011, 2:10 AM
Gardevoir is typically used as either a Wish passer or a status platform, but she certainly can be used as a Calm Mind or Choice sweeper. The moveset and EVs you came up with are actually spot on for that role. Typically a Timid nature is better, but there's no way of fixing that now short of getting a new one. The only change I would suggest, short of completely repurposing her, would be to use a Life Orb instead of Twistedspoon. Twistedspoon will only give Psychic a 10% boost, and leave all her other moves out in the cold; Life Orb would give everything a 30% boost, at the cost of just a little HP each time you deal damage.

Gardevoir is my favorite Pokemon too. :)

Doctor Quark
8th August 2011, 2:16 AM
Gardevoir is typically used as either a Wish passer or a status platform, but she certainly can be used as a Calm Mind or Choice sweeper. The moveset and EVs you came up with are actually spot on for that role. Typically a Timid nature is better, but there's no way of fixing that now short of getting a new one. The only change I would suggest, short of completely repurposing her, would be to use a Life Orb instead of Twistedspoon. Twistedspoon will only give Psychic a 10% boost, and leave all her other moves out in the cold; Life Orb would give everything a 30% boost, at the cost of just a little HP each time you deal damage.

Gardevoir is my favorite Pokemon too. :)

Well, I feel good knowing that I'm mostly on-target. And thanks for the suggestion, although now I have to find a Life Orb before I can consider using one. Also, is it at all possible that the loss of HP due to the use of the Life Orb will compromise Gardevoir's defenses due to her relative frailty? Or does the increase in power more than compensate for that?

ChaosBlizzard
8th August 2011, 2:23 AM
Gardevoir actually isn't too terribly fragile. Her only real problems are her typing and her Defense, but she's fairly bulky on the Special Defensive side. If you use her carefully, she'll be fine.

Here's the thing though, you've already trained "Serenade" (cool name btw), and that can't be changed now. I'm trying to work within your existing framework. Gardevoir is a vastly superior Wish passer or status platform than she is sweeper. But if you're going to run her as a sweeper, then the Life Orb is the best way to go. Another option would be the Leftovers, which could help her while she sets up her Calm Minds, but at that point she's already half way to being a supporter anyway. My advise would be to not run her as a sweeper in the first place, but that would require you to get a whole new one and retrain it; if you want to use the one you've got, this is the route you should go.

Doctor Quark
8th August 2011, 2:28 AM
Alright then, thank you. I'll just work with what I've got, then, since I couldn't really imagine dropping Serenade to train a new Gardevoir. I really appreciate your suggestions, and hopefully I'll get used to the whole competitive battling thing soon. I might need to return to this board, soon.

D-World
8th August 2011, 10:17 AM
My new lead for the subway singles.

Druddigon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Atk/ 4 Def
-Dragon Tail
-Fire Fang
-Glare
-Substitute/ Hone Claws

*This may seem an odd set to you, but it works. Druddigon has some very nice base 90 defences, meaning it can survive a few hits and find the opponent's pokémon. This is very nice because my opponents in the subway seem to have a sort of mind and can figure out which pokémon will be the most annoying against my current pokémon. So Dragon Tail is there as a succesful means of forcing a switch. Fire Fang gives Druddigon perfect coverage and gets a Sheer Force boost, Glare is a good way to throw out Status whilst I'm forcing switches, Substitute means I don't have to fear losing too much damage through critical hits or status, and Hone Claws means I can get accurate hits with Dragon Tail and Glare aswell as boosting my attack.*

ChaosBlizzard
8th August 2011, 10:18 AM
http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon/107.png
Hitmonchan @ Life Orb
Nature: Adamant / Jolly
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Attack / 252 Speed / 4 Defense
-Mach Punch / Sky Uppercut / Hi Jump Kick
-Fire Punch
-Ice Punch
-Stone Edge

Let me explain a couple of things. First of all, Hitmonchan has typically fallen anywhere from UU to NU over the years; this Hitmonchan would be used on a generally speaking OU team, against other OU Pokemon. Secondly, he would be filling a small hole within the team that would require him to have moves of the types Fighting-Fire-Ice-Rock, hence the unusual moveset. He is specifically filling a niche, I'm not just throwing random moves together.

There are two things I'm unsure of. First is Adamant vs Jolly. Hitmonchan has slightly below average Speed, base 76. Not the slowest thing in the world, but not too fast either. Typically he boosts it with Agility, but this one gets no such luxury without cutting one of his moves. I'm not sure if the speed boost from Jolly would actually let him outspeed anything of significance, so please advise me on this point. Adamant gets him to 251 and Jolly gets him to 276. Second is his Fighting move. Mach Punch overcomes his speed problem, and is boosted by Iron Fist (base 48, up from 40), but isn't terribly strong; HJK, the holy grail of Fighting moves this generation, is very powerful, but is not boosted by Iron Fist, and if it misses, will pretty much cripple him; Sky Uppercut takes a middle of the road path, losing out on the priority of Mach Punch and the ridiculous strength of HJK, but also giving him more power than Mach Punch and no threat of recoil like HJK. Sky Uppercut would also get an Iron Fist boost, reaching a very respectable base power of 102, up from 85.

I'm not particularly looking for a critique of the set or a way to change it. I want to know, as is, if it would be viable, because honestly, if I were to change anything about it significantly, it wouldn't fill the hole in the team and I would just use something else entirely. I just want advise on Adamant vs Jolly, Mach Punch vs Sky Uppercut vs HJK, and I want to know if this fairly slow, typically UU Pokemon would be viable in OU.

spuds4ever
8th August 2011, 10:31 AM
I've been thinking about a defensive salamence. I was wondering if this would work.

Salamence @leftovers
Impish (-sp. atk +def) or Careful (-sp. atk +sp. def)
EVs: 252 HP 128 def 124 sp. def
Defog
Roost
Dragon claw
earthquake

Defog gets rid of spikes screens and SR. Roost makes him resistant to electric and only 2x weak to ice and no rock weakness as well as regaining health. Dragon claw for stab and earthquake for metals which aren't called Brozong or Skarmory. I was also considering swapping eq for dragon dance giving it potential to sweep.

D-World
8th August 2011, 10:43 AM
I've been thinking about a defensive salamence. I was wondering if this would work.

Salamence @leftovers
Impish (-sp. atk +def) or Careful (-sp. atk +sp. def)
EVs: 252 HP 128 def 124 sp. def
Defog
Roost
Dragon claw
earthquake

Defog gets rid of spikes screens and SR. Roost makes him resistant to electric and only 2x weak to ice and no rock weakness as well as regaining health. Dragon claw for stab and earthquake for metals which aren't called Brozong or Skarmory. I was also considering swapping eq for dragon dance giving it potential to sweep.

First of all, scratch Defog, I was fooled too, It only removes those things on your opponent's side, so basically your removing your own SR. The whole Roost thing is okay, but you have to keep in mind that it only lasts a turn, so for him to resist electric and not be weak to rock, you have to use Roost all the time. To be strictly honest. Salamence doesn't work as a defensive poké because so many things out there have tailored sets to check it.

Froslass @ Wise Glasses
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 Sp. Atk/ 252 Spe
Nature: Timid/ Modest
-Ice Beam
-Shadow Ball
-Thunderbolt
-Hidden Power [Fire]/ Hidden Power [Fighting]/ Thunder Wave

*Though a lot of people use Froslass as a Spikes Lead, which she does well, alot of people ignore her impressive sweeping capabilities. She gets Boltbeam, with STAB Ice Beam, Shadow Ball as another very nice STAB, and then she can play any card she wants in the end. HP Fire gets rid of Steels like Ferrothorn and Scizor very easily, but HP Fighting does too and gives Froslass the Ghost/Fighting combo.*

Mayu808
8th August 2011, 11:51 AM
Froslass @ Wise Glasses
Nature: Timid/ Modest
-Ice Beam
-Shadow Ball
-Thunderbolt
-Hidden Power [Fire]/ Hidden Power [Fighting]/ Thunder Wave

*Though a lot of people use Froslass as a Spikes Lead, which she does well, alot of people ignore her impressive sweeping capabilities. She gets Boltbeam, with STAB Ice Beam, Shadow Ball as another very nice STAB, and then she can play any card she wants in the end. HP Fire gets rid of Steels like Ferrothorn and Scizor very easily, but HP Fighting does too and gives Froslass the Ghost/Fighting combo.*

Hmm... Interesting, never saw a sweeper frosslas but hey, I like out of the ordinary pokes and sets. Anyways, two things. First, maybe try a life orb since she's so frail anyways iirc, or use a scarf or specs to make her either a revenger or a heavy hit seeper. Lastly, use Hp fighting, I've always enjoyed the whole fighting+ghost/dark type coverage.

cheeselord
8th August 2011, 11:53 AM
I think that froslass is begging for specs.

Mayu808
8th August 2011, 12:24 PM
http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon/107.png
Hitmonchan @ Life Orb
Nature: Adamant / Jolly
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Attack / 252 Speed / 4 Defense
-Mach Punch / Sky Uppercut / Hi Jump Kick
-Fire Punch
-Ice Punch
-Stone Edge

Let me explain a couple of things. First of all, Hitmonchan has typically fallen anywhere from UU to NU over the years; this Hitmonchan would be used on a generally speaking OU team, against other OU Pokemon. Secondly, he would be filling a small hole within the team that would require him to have moves of the types Fighting-Fire-Ice-Rock, hence the unusual moveset. He is specifically filling a niche, I'm not just throwing random moves together.

There are two things I'm unsure of. First is Adamant vs Jolly. Hitmonchan has slightly below average Speed, base 76. Not the slowest thing in the world, but not too fast either. Typically he boosts it with Agility, but this one gets no such luxury without cutting one of his moves. I'm not sure if the speed boost from Jolly would actually let him outspeed anything of significance, so please advise me on this point. Adamant gets him to 251 and Jolly gets him to 276. Second is his Fighting move. Mach Punch overcomes his speed problem, and is boosted by Iron Fist (base 48, up from 40), but isn't terribly strong; HJK, the holy grail of Fighting moves this generation, is very powerful, but is not boosted by Iron Fist, and if it misses, will pretty much cripple him; Sky Uppercut takes a middle of the road path, losing out on the priority of Mach Punch and the ridiculous strength of HJK, but also giving him more power than Mach Punch and no threat of recoil like HJK. Sky Uppercut would also get an Iron Fist boost, reaching a very respectable base power of 102, up from 85.

I'm not particularly looking for a critique of the set or a way to change it. I want to know, as is, if it would be viable, because honestly, if I were to change anything about it significantly, it wouldn't fill the hole in the team and I would just use something else entirely. I just want advise on Adamant vs Jolly, Mach Punch vs Sky Uppercut vs HJK, and I want to know if this fairly slow, typically UU Pokemon would be viable in OU.

I like to believe that every Pokemon can be used in a higher tier if played correctly. The set you have looks pretty good, and I can't believe I forgot this guys has the requirements for your teams needed moves. I'd just like to suggest maybe using a scarf as its speed is not really good. Then, you may want to run sky uppercut or Mach punch so that even if a ghost switches on those moves you won't lose half you're health. Otherwise, Mach punch is just a great idea all around for STAB priority boosted by iron fist. High jump kick is a good idea without the scarf since life orb deals you damage anyways, why nit take a little more risk for a better reward. Overall, I think Mach punch is the best option. Oh, and in regards to the nature, I think adamant could be better since he's so slow to behind with, but you could run jolly to atleast hit max speed and outspeed the few pokes slower then it. Otherwise, adamant.

rhaine
8th August 2011, 3:44 PM
Cofagrigus @ Leftovers
Ability: Mummy
Ev: 252 HP/100 Def/152 Sp. Def *I don't know if this one is good*
Nature: Calm(+sp. def - atk)/Bold(+def - atk)
Moveset:
Trick Room
Will o Wisp/Toxic
Shadow Ball/Hex
Hidden Power [Fighting]

Trick Room because its speed is really problematic. Will o Wisp has less accuracy compared to Toxic but will burn the opponent which affects their attacks (I think). Toxic can be a possible alternative for WoW. Hex increases damage if target has status problem that's why there is Wow and Toxic. Shadow Ball has more base power than Hex. HP [fighting] deals with Dark and Normal types

I don't think that this is good enough.
I'm open for suggestions to improve this :D

Ninja Dewott
8th August 2011, 4:02 PM
Cofagrigus @ Leftovers
Ability: Mummy
Ev: 252 HP/100 Def/152 Sp. Def *I don't know if this one is good*
Moveset:
Calm Mind
Will o Wisp
Hex
Toxic

Trick Room because its speed is really problematic. Will o Wisp has less accuracy compared to Toxic but will burn the opponent which affects their attacks (I think). Toxic can be a possible alternative for WoW. Hex increases damage if target has status problem that's why there is Wow and Toxic. Shadow Ball has more base power than Hex. HP [fighting] deals with Dark and Normal types
Calm mind lets you set up so you can easily wall phsyical attackers too (a bold nature would therefore be better, as defense is not getting a boost) and trick room is not really needed. Will-o-wisp and toxic give you the ability to inflict status on anything that isn't called Heatran. After that you should be able to land big hits with hex. Another change would be to replace will-o-wisp/toxic with something like energy ball, this would be better in the long run, after you've set up with Calm Mind because you'll have more coverage, but in the short term, the opponent will find it easier to wall you.

I don't think that this is good enough.
I'm open for suggestions to improve this :D
Changes and legnthy explanation are in bold :)

Vandslaux
8th August 2011, 4:57 PM
Who's a better HydraResting Wish passer: Vaporeon or Alomomola? Vaporeon has better defenses, but Alomomola has slightly beefier Wishes.

archeopsdan
8th August 2011, 5:00 PM
ive looked at ramdom pokemon and found this:

;210; @choice scarf or life orb
intimidate, jolly
252 Atk, 252 Spd, 4 Hp
-return
-earthquake
-outrage/brick break/stone edge/wild charge/crunch
-outrage/brick break/stone edge/wild charge/crunch
basically a sweeper/tanking pokemon which noone would see coming at them. return is stab, earthquake is obvious and the other moves provide coverage.

Vandslaux
8th August 2011, 5:11 PM
OK, I can't put Rest on Alomomola. Whenever I try, it says it can't learn Karate Chop and freezes up. How to fix?

EDIT: Turns out, it says that for the third move.

cheeselord
8th August 2011, 6:59 PM
You don't want rest and wish in the same set...

R4GEKILL!!!
8th August 2011, 7:49 PM
A Douchebag LC poke: Evolite Mantyke
Mantyke-Evolite
Relaxed-Water Absorb
252 HP, 252 DEF, 4 SP.D
-Toxic
-Protect
-Haze
-Supersonic/Swagger/Rest/Amnesia
It Switches in onto a water attack, and Toxic/Protects the enemy, pissing it off, and can haze away stat boosts. Supersonic is confusion, which is always annoying, but not too reliable. Swagger is good, but bad against physical attackers. Amnesia allows it to raise it's already insane SP.D to even higher levels. Rest is good healing, but unfortunately makes it open to a switch-in and get murdered by an electric move.

cheeselord
8th August 2011, 8:04 PM
You need some form of healing.

R4GEKILL!!!
8th August 2011, 8:08 PM
You need some form of healing.

Water Absorb???

cheeselord
8th August 2011, 9:06 PM
That works for switch ins but after you are in no one is going to use a water attack on you.

archeopsdan
9th August 2011, 1:31 AM
ive just found a new rain abuser, see what you think

;279;@leftovers
rain dish, calm
252 Hp, 252 Sp.def, 4 Spd
-roost
-hurricane
-stockpile
-ice beam/hydro pump/hidden power

so first of all its very defensivly built with max defensive stats availible, secondly roost is for more recovery, hurricane get 100& accuracy in rain as well as stab, stockpile is to increase bulkiness a hell of a lot. final move is a filler really depending on what your team needs.

cheeselord
9th August 2011, 2:05 AM
Pretty good idea. Does he get scald? If so that would be a good option for the last move.

Darkrai1117
9th August 2011, 9:16 AM
Yes he does get Scald via TM. And what Hidden Power is it?

D-World
9th August 2011, 11:24 AM
I don't know who to choose from for a phazer (for the subway)... any advice?

Poliwrath @ Muscle Band
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Atk/ 4 Spe
-Circle Throw
-Rest
-Sleep Talk
-Waterfall
*Poliwrath is quite a strong Phazer, because he gets access to ResTalk and STAB Circle Throw, one of the two damage dealing phazer attacks. Rest recovers all Poli's HP and Sleep Talk removes negative priority from Circle Throw. Waterfall is a powerful STAB that provides good coverage. The only big problem here is Water Absorb Jellicent, against which Poli is useless.*

Phazer 2
Lickilicky @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Atk/ 4 Sp.Def
-Dragon Tail
-Fire Punch
-Rest
-Sleep Talk
*Lickilicky has the advantage over Poliwrath because he gets Perfect coverage in the Subway since there's no Heatran. Though there's not much power in the moves, Lickilicky gets added Bulk. Dragon Tail phazes out other Pokés and Fire Punch for Steels and Burns.*

cheeselord
9th August 2011, 12:36 PM
If you max the speed on poliwrath and use swift swim (and possible have a politoed) then you can use speed talk which cancels priority and probably circle through before the opponent hits so you phaze and don't take a hit.

Eaglehawk
9th August 2011, 3:56 PM
Could somebody help me on my Rain Tank Swampert set? I just bred and RC'ed this to 100 on my SS, so feel free to suggest SR, as I still have access to it. The set takes advantage of Swampert's typing, his natural bulk, and his high base 110 Attack.
Swampert @Leftovers
RelaxedTorrent
232 HP/252 Attack/24 DefWaterfall
Earthquake
Hammer Arm/Stealth Rock/Toxic
Ice Beam/Stealth Rock

Takes hits and deals them.
Not that great set tbh. Better off using Swampy as a Wallbreaker.

vandslaux: Looks solid, although Swampert is very outclassed this generation. That's probably about as good as Swampert is going to get, but Swampert isn't all that good anymore.

pseudo pro: Seems like Skill Link Cloyster still outclasses it. You're trying to make it bulky and defensive, and then break all those defenses so you can sweep. You should probably just pick one or the other; trying to overextend like that, expecially on a NFE Pokemon with Eviolite, will backfire more than it will work. Probably still usable, just not wise.

-----

Machamp @ Life Orb
-Dynamicpunch
-Ice Punch
-Bullet Punch
-Stone Edge

Recommended change. Machamp as a lead is also outclassed by a lot.

Moves:
1) Surf
2) Recover
3) Toxic
4) Earth Power

ChaosBlizzard
10th August 2011, 8:57 AM
I definitely don't intend on actually running this and I know it is totally a gimmick, but I'm curious to know if this is actually viable anywhere.

Articuno @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure / Snow Cloak
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Defense / 80 Special Defense
- Substitute / Reflect / Ice Beam
- Roost
- Mind Reader
- Sheer Cold

I don't know if OHKO moves were re-banned this generation or not. If they weren't, Articuno is the only Pokemon that can learn an accuracy focusing move and a OHKO move, meaning he's the only thing that could pull this off. He also has decent bulk and a recovery move, so he very well could take at least one thing down with him with this. The only thing he's really missing would be something like Mean Look, as switching un-does the effects of Mind Reader.

In case you didn't pick up on it somehow, the strategy is to use Mind Reader to make Sheer Cold a sure-fire hit, and then Roost back your HP from setup. Substitute could lessen some of the big blows he would be taking from any of his 4 weaknesses, but would increase setup time. Reflect would up his Defenses, although it probably wouldn't be as useful as Substitute. Ice Beam keeps him from being Taunt bait, although if he was Taunted I guess he could spam Sheer Cold and hope for the best. At 30% accuracy, you've got just under a one-in-three chance without Mind Reader.

WinterChevalier
10th August 2011, 9:06 AM
Articuno @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure / Snow Cloak
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Defense / 80 Special Defense
- Substitute / Reflect / Ice Beam
- Roost
- Mind Reader
- Sheer Cold

OHKO moves, were in fact, rebanned again this generation. So this set is kinda worthless >_> The only place it would be even remotely viable is in random match up via wifi or ingame. But even then, if you use it in random wifi, expect to get nothing but disconnects >_>

archeopsdan
10th August 2011, 3:37 PM
ive looked at ramdom pokemon again and seen this which was a pokemon i used to love using in 2nd and 4th gen games

;181;@life orb
static, modest/timid
-agility
-thunderbolt
-focus blast
-hidden power ice/power gem
an agility sweeper with thunderbolt with stab, focus blast and hidden power ice or power gem as coverage moves.

secondly another pokemon all the way from 1st gen

;020;@life orb/ flame orb
guts, jolly
252 Atk, 252 Spd, 4 Hp
-swords dance
-return
-crunch
-revenge/flame charge
basically swords dance to setup, then return as stab, crunch for ghosts and either revenge or flame charge for better coverage/further boosting.

cheeselord
10th August 2011, 3:41 PM
Ummm, what is the first pokemon meant to be? It looks like a furret... I'm guessing it's meant to be ampharos...

I like the raticate though, nice set.

archeopsdan
10th August 2011, 3:49 PM
Ummm, what is the first pokemon meant to be? It looks like a furret... I'm guessing it's meant to be ampharos...

I like the raticate though, nice set.

cheers on the raticate about the first set it is ampharos but i accidently put the sprites of furret in instead, silly me due to me also looking at him.

cheeselord
10th August 2011, 3:51 PM
Lol I thought so.

archeopsdan
10th August 2011, 4:06 PM
well because im bored ive being looking further into ramdom pokemon and setup they could use:

I have orders
;416;@leftovers
modest/timid, pressure
252 Hp, 128 def, 128 Sp.def
-defend order
-heal order
-attack order
-toxic/power gem/hidden powernot sure which/substitute

orders for the win! defend order causes more bulk, heal order to heal, attack order is stab and highly damaging to prevent taunt bait. finally you can use toxic to stall, power gem as coverage or a hidden power to give coverage but im not sure on which type to use or even substitute for some sort of protection.

cheeselord
10th August 2011, 4:23 PM
Looks good, try bold or calm nature and use sub for the last move.

archeopsdan
10th August 2011, 4:32 PM
well cheers again but as im still bored waiting for my ps3 to do the system update ive looked at another really ramdom aka rubbish pokemon

;222;@leftovers/life orb
modest/quiet, regenerator
252 Sp.atk, 252 Spd, 4 Hp/252 Hp, 128 Sp.atk, 64 Def, 64 Sp.def
-recover
-power gem
-earth power
-ice beam
either a tank or trick room sweeper due to crap speed, recover for more health, power gem is stab, earth power gives huge coverage and ice beam nearly perfects it (i think)

cheeselord
10th August 2011, 4:48 PM
Try the trick room sweeper with quiet nature. Also try scald for one of the moves, I'm not sure which move to get rid of though.

archeopsdan
10th August 2011, 9:24 PM
what ive noticed during online play is how everyone loves thundurus which i can understand. hoxever i think it makes its friend tornadus feel left out so i trhought i might as well look at it myself.

:641:@life orb
prankster, modest
252 Sp.atk, 252 Spd, 4 hp
-taunt
-agility
-focus blast
-dark pulse
like its friend its gets taunt and a boosting move, however its agility and not nasty plot, oh well. focus blast and dark pulse get perfect coverage which could make this a great sweeper.

ChaosBlizzard
10th August 2011, 10:26 PM
;199; Slowking @ Leftovers
Nature: Calm
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 212 HP / 44 Sp Atk / 252 Sp Def
- Slack Off
- Nasty Plot
- Scald
- Ice Beam / Flamethrower / Psychic / Psyshock

I need a good special wall that can sponge Ice type attacks in particular, and Slowking stands out. Huge Sp Def, good HP, resistance to Ice, a recovery move and Regenerator seem to all be in line with what I need. I'm just unsure of the moveset. Slack Off and Scald are a given, but once he sponges the big Special Ice hit, it begs the question in my mind "now what?" I'm thinking about running Nasty Plot to give him a chance of fighting back, and then one of the four moves listed in the last slot. I'm not sure which one would be most beneficial. I can see Conkeldurr switching in to this and trying to hit me with Payback, so Psychic may be a useful secondary STAB, and would be better than Psyshock in this case. Any suggestions?

coolioness
10th August 2011, 10:35 PM
i run ice beam, you could do flame for ferrothorn and bugs, it just depends on what your trying to block

cheeselord
10th August 2011, 11:20 PM
I would run psyshock to take on special Walls (blissey Lols in your face and jelly resists your other moves). You can still hit most steels neutrally with scald anyway.

archeopsdan
11th August 2011, 12:23 AM
what ive noticed during online play is how everyone loves thundurus which i can understand. hoxever i think it makes its friend tornadus feel left out so i trhought i might as well look at it myself.

:641:@life orb
prankster, modest
252 Sp.atk, 252 Spd, 4 hp
-taunt
-agility
-focus blast
-dark pulse
like its friend its gets taunt and a boosting move, however its agility and not nasty plot, oh well. focus blast and dark pulse get perfect coverage which could make this a great sweeper.

can someone comment on this because im wondering weather to try it for po

also ive decided to look at the the three hitmon... pokemon:

;106;@leftovers/life orb
adamant, limber
252 Atk, 252 Hp, 4 Sp.def
-bulk up
-sucker punch
-mach punch
-bullet punch/ blaze kick/ stone edge

basically a priority setup sweeper, using bulk up to boost atk, mach punch is stab, sucker punch provides perfect coverage and priority and finally either more priority or a covering move (blaze kick for ferrothron etc and stone edge for flyings).

;107;@leftovers/life orb
adamant,iron fist
252 Hp, 252 Atk, 4 Sp.def
-bulk up
-mach punch
-ice punch
-thunder punch

mach punch is stab, bulk up sets up atk and def, ice punch and thunder punch provide perfect coverage with mach punch, also they all get the boost off iron fist ability

;237;@leftovers/life orb
adamant, technician
252 Hp, 252 Atk, 4 Sp.def
-bulk up
-mach punch
-sucker punch
-bullet punch/stone edge

basically the exact same setup as hitmonlee so i dont need to explain it.

ChaosBlizzard
11th August 2011, 3:33 AM
I would run psyshock to take on special Walls (blissey Lols in your face and jelly resists your other moves). You can still hit most steels neutrally with scald anyway.

Smogon is appearantly in the process of writing their analysis on him (http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3450992), but I don't quite follow the EV spread the author has (252 HP / 180 Def / 76 Sp. Def). It seems to me more Special Defense would be useful. His stats with that spread come out to 394 HP / 241 Def / 302 Sp. Def. Is this a good EV spread or is there a better one?

D-World
11th August 2011, 4:20 PM
Two Castform sets for Sun and Rain.

Castform @ Leftovers/ Wise Glasses.
Ability: Forecast
-Work Up
-Weather Ball
-Solarbeam
-Thunderbolt/ Ice Beam
*Castform is ridiculously weak, but fun to use. With base 70 stats all round, he has a sole use in Weather. In this sun version, Castform makes up for it's useless stats with STAB Weather Ball and Solarbeam, not to mention Work Up to make up it's crap stats. The last move acts as a filler: Thunderbolt gets rid of opposing Flyers and Waters, Ice beam gets rid of Grass and Ground, which beneficiate from the sunlight.*

Castform @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Forecast
-Weather Ball/ Hydro Pump
-Thunder
-Ice Beam
-Hidden Power [BUG]
*Choiceform is another fun variant of Castform, STAB Weather Ball is very nice, but STAB Hydro Pump trades power for accuracy and less PP, Thunder has perfect accuracy in Rain, Ice beam gives Pseudo Boltbeam coverage, and HP Bug gives perfect coverage.*

ShinyDoug
11th August 2011, 4:27 PM
Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Ability: Effect Spore
EVs: 252 Def, 252 SpD, 4 HP
Nature: Careful
- Spore
- Rage Powder
- Double Team
- ??? (Physical)

This guy is supposed to be able to draw attention to itself with Rage Powder, then spam Double Team to prevent any hits to either Pokemon. If all else fails, it will Spore the opponent and use its as-of-yet-unnamed Physical attack, which I would appreciate recommendations for. Basically just a Mon to annoy the living hell out of its opponents.

By the way, this is my new Shiny Amoonguss, so I'd appreciate it if you guys change anything EXCEPT its Nature.

Go crazy, and multiple opinions are very much appreciated.

cheeselord
11th August 2011, 5:24 PM
Well I suggest you clone it first then you can try multiple sets if the one your are using doesn't work for you. Also I would max HP instead of spdef.

Kansas_Rocks!
11th August 2011, 6:35 PM
Sometimes i use somewhat overlooked pokes, and today I figured why not try arcanine? I like its DW ability, and I just got one in a trade, so this is what it looks like. Please fix if needed. Also need an item

Arcanine@??????
Justified
Jolly Nature
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd/4 HP
-Flare Blitz
-ExtremeSpeed
-Crunch
-Close Combat

I love this Arcanine. It destroys. Flare Blitz for strong STAB, but the recoil can be deadly. ExtremeSpeed for the best priority in the game. Crunch over Wild Charge because it is kind of dangerous to run two moves with recoil in one set and I had no move that didn't give recoil that affects ghosts. I use CC for a strong nice coverage move.

cheeselord
11th August 2011, 6:44 PM
Meh flash fire is better...

Kansas_Rocks!
11th August 2011, 6:49 PM
Any other changes? Like to the moveset? I have access to morning sun.

cheeselord
11th August 2011, 6:56 PM
Nope, I use a mixed scarf set though with overheat instead of flare blitz and wild charge over extreme speed.

D-World
11th August 2011, 10:39 PM
I use this to counter sand teams, specifiacally mons like Tyranitar and Excadrill.

Weezing @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP/ 124 Def/ 132
-Clear Smog
-Flamethrower
-Pain Split
-Will-O-Wisp
*Weezing is so amazingly bulky, it's a shame he doesn't get access to good recovery (I'm forced to use Wish). With the EV spread he has, Weezing can take a Swords Danced Return from Excadrill and still be able to not die from Sandstorm damage the next turn. With Clear Smog, weezing can stop any non steel Pokémon from setting up, and if a Steel Pokémon comes, then Weezing can take it out with Flamethrower, and possibly Will-O-Wisp for the likes of Excadrill and Metagross, though you can use it for regular physical attackers too. As for Pain Split, it's a very risky recovery move, so I always pair Weezing with a powerful Wisher like Vaporeon.*

Speaking of Sand Teams, meet the future of Tanks:

Gigalith @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 252 HP/ 4 Atk/ 252 Sp. Def
-Curse
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake
-Substitute/ Explosion
*Sand Force Gigalith is the most destructive weather tank in history! Due to it's Rock typing, Gigalith's Special Defence is a whopping 393 in Sand, and after only one Curse, it's Defence and Attack are 444 and 460, respectively. This makes Gigalith a very bulky attacker, not to mention the Ability: Sand Force boosts the power of Ground, Rock and Steel moves by 33%, giving Earthquake 133 BP, and Stone Edge 199, factoring STAB, coupled with 460 Attack, Gigalith can take out almost anything that doesn't resist is and has enough Bulk to take the hits for it. The last move is a sort of filler. Substitute blocks Burn which is deadly for Gigalith, and it lets him use more Curses, whilst Explosion gets rid of almost anything with it's 250 Base Power, and it lets Gigalith finish tanking with a BANG.*

Blayd
11th August 2011, 10:56 PM
Since having Zangoose as my avatar since I joined, I realised that it's a fricking awesome looking pokemon. I realised it also had a good DW ability. So, I tried to make a good set for it.

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/335.gif
Zangoose @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Toxic Boost
Nature: Jolly
Evs: 252 Speed, 252 Att, 4 HP
Moves:
1) Protect
2) Swords Dance
3) Return
4) Night Slash

Protect allows toxic orb to activate for a 50% attack boost, after that I can sweep with STAB return or night slash for ghosts. Swords Dance is for extra boostage, but I wasn't sure if I should replace it with Close Combat so I'm not walled by steels.

Farfan
11th August 2011, 11:46 PM
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/335.gif
Zangoose @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Toxic Boost
Evs: 252 Speed, 252 Att, 4 HP
Moves:
1) Protect
2) Swords Dance
3) Return
4) Night Slash

Zangoose is my favorite pokemon. cool. Since Toxic Orb will bost by A LOT your attack, I recommend Close Combat > Sword Dance, since you're walled by a steel type.

cheeselord
12th August 2011, 12:01 AM
Indeed, however you are an easy KO for anyone packing a Mach punch so I would not advise using him in OU where everyone carries a conk or breloom.

speedbump07
12th August 2011, 12:02 AM
Hello, I'm having difficulty deciding on a moveset for my Scrafty, here's what I have currently:

Scrafty (F) @ Sitrus berry/?
Ability: Moxie
Ev's 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Def
Nature: Brave
Iv's: 31/31/31/16/31/0
-Drain Punch
-Ice Punch
-Crunch
-Fake Out/Bulk Up

My problem is, I don't know which I should have in the last slot, Fake Out or Bulk up.

Any suggestions?

cheeselord
12th August 2011, 12:17 AM
Bulk up definitely. Also max special defense instead of attack and use careful nature. Oh and lefties too.

Another possibility is to swap ice punch for rest and use shed skin.

ShinyDoug
12th August 2011, 12:27 AM
Well, cheeselord, I maxed SpD because his nature increases it... And I'm not capable of cloning.

Edit: guys, what's the best physical move on amoonguss?

speedbump07
12th August 2011, 12:41 AM
Bulk up definitely. Also max special defense instead of attack and use careful nature. Oh and lefties too.

Another possibility is to swap ice punch for rest and use shed skin.

Umm, I don't play Pokemon Online, so I'm afraid everything but the moveset is set in stone x_x sorry

So Bulk Up over Fake Out on this set, as it is?

Pichu47
12th August 2011, 1:06 AM
Bulk up is way better. Use it. Also, moxie isn't that good without Dragon Dance. Shed Skin+Rest is much better.

speedbump07
12th August 2011, 1:09 AM
Bulk up is way better. Use it. Also, moxie isn't that good without Dragon Dance. Shed Skin+Rest is much better.

Ehh, well, I got to make due with what I got ^^

It'll annillate trick room teams though.

BTW, any advice on the item?

cheeselord
12th August 2011, 1:21 AM
Lefties .

ChaosBlizzard
12th August 2011, 1:40 AM
...so I'm afraid everything but the moveset is set in stone x_x sorry

Ehh, well, I got to make due with what I got ^^

I've never understood this logic. Unless you've already trained it to 100, what is stopping you from breeding another one? It literally takes like 10 minutes from the time you leave the parents at the day care to the time you hatch the egg. It takes like, a day or so if you IV breed, and that assumes only moderate luck.

speedbump07
12th August 2011, 1:46 AM
I've never understood this logic. Unless you've already trained it to 100, what is stopping you from breeding another one? It literally takes like 10 minutes from the time you leave the parents at the day care to the time you hatch the egg. It takes like, a day or so if you IV breed, and that assumes only moderate luck.

Well, I've done just that, she's level 94 ^^; She's also shiny, so that adds to why I wanna keep her.

archeopsdan
12th August 2011, 2:46 AM
once again im looking at random pokemon and ive found another quiver dancer

;284;@life orb
timid, intimidate
-quiver dance
-bug buzz
-hidden power fighting
-shadow ball

basically quiver dance then sweep, bug buzz is stab and then shadow ball and hidden power fighting provide perfect coverage.

cheeselord
12th August 2011, 3:25 AM
It's as viable as any other quiver dancer (in low tiers of course).

ShinyDoug
12th August 2011, 3:31 AM
Hey guys, what's the best physical move for the aforementioned Amoonguss that nobody answered?

pokemario24
12th August 2011, 3:44 AM
I have one:

Audino @Flame Orb
Ability: Klutz
EVs: 252 HP/124 Def/124 SpD/4 Spe
-Fling
-Entrainment
-Attract
-Sweet Kiss
This is an irritation set. Simply begin with either Sweet Kiss or Attract to stall. Entrainment the foe unable to use its item. Fling to burn the foe.

cheeselord
12th August 2011, 11:11 AM
Well fling only works once and after you use is you are major taunt bait, also whimsicott lols in your face.

Edit: and magic bouncers.

D-World
12th August 2011, 1:05 PM
Hey guys, what's the best physical move for the aforementioned Amoonguss that nobody answered?

Tbh, Amoonguss has no viable physical moves at all, I would run Clear Smog on it, because it stops set up sweepers very well, even if it's special and has no BP.

I use this to counter sand teams, specifiacally mons like Tyranitar and Excadrill.

Weezing @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP/ 124 Def/ 132
-Clear Smog
-Flamethrower
-Pain Split
-Will-O-Wisp
*Weezing is so amazingly bulky, it's a shame he doesn't get access to good recovery (I'm forced to use Wish). With the EV spread he has, Weezing can take a Swords Danced Return from Excadrill and still be able to not die from Sandstorm damage the next turn. With Clear Smog, weezing can stop any non steel Pokémon from setting up, and if a Steel Pokémon comes, then Weezing can take it out with Flamethrower, and possibly Will-O-Wisp for the likes of Excadrill and Metagross, though you can use it for regular physical attackers too. As for Pain Split, it's a very risky recovery move, so I always pair Weezing with a powerful Wisher like Vaporeon.*

Speaking of Sand Teams, meet the future of Tanks:

Gigalith @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 252 HP/ 4 Atk/ 252 Sp. Def
-Curse
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake
-Substitute/ Explosion
*Sand Force Gigalith is the most destructive weather tank in history! Due to it's Rock typing, Gigalith's Special Defence is a whopping 393 in Sand, and after only one Curse, it's Defence and Attack are 444 and 460, respectively. This makes Gigalith a very bulky attacker, not to mention the Ability: Sand Force boosts the power of Ground, Rock and Steel moves by 33%, giving Earthquake 133 BP, and Stone Edge 199, factoring STAB, coupled with 460 Attack, Gigalith can take out almost anything that doesn't resist is and has enough Bulk to take the hits for it. The last move is a sort of filler. Substitute blocks Burn which is deadly for Gigalith, and it lets him use more Curses, whilst Explosion gets rid of almost anything with it's 250 Base Power, and it lets Gigalith finish tanking with a BANG.*

Bumping this since no rates :^^

archeopsdan
12th August 2011, 1:40 PM
both of these seem to be good ideas its just the lack of decent recovery that is the problem.

cheeselord
12th August 2011, 2:33 PM
Exactly, pain split is the best weezing gets and gigalith only gets rest.

D-World
12th August 2011, 5:05 PM
This is why I use a Wish Vaporeon, the standard set so I won't post it here.

But I did find a fun Tank!

Regirock @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Sp. Def
-Curse
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake
-Drain Punch
*Another Sand Tank. With an unboosted 436 Defense and 492 Special Defense in the Sand, Reigrock only needs something to boost his Attack stat and a Recovery move (someday it will get Recover, just check the pokédex entry). The only move Regirock can get that boosts it's attack stat is Curse, which isn't bad since it boost it's Defense aswell in exchange for lowering it's useless speed. And for recovery, we can go for Drain Punch. Now we have two movelots left. So we throw in STAB Stone Edge and Earthquake for Edgequake coverage.*

Now I know that Regirock doesn't get acceptable recovery either, but at least it's better than Gigalith is.

cheeselord
12th August 2011, 5:11 PM
Does clear body prevent your speed from being lowered by curse?

D-World
12th August 2011, 5:16 PM
Full explanations:

Clear Body prevents stat reduction caused by another Pokémon's move or Ability (but not stat increases, such as Swagger or Flatter). Stat reductions can only be caused on Pokémon with this Ability if they are self-inflicted, such as from moves like Superpower or Hammer Arm.

Clear Body does not prevent stat reduction as a side effect from paralysis or burning. Clear Body does not prevent stat losses caused by Heart Swap, Guard Swap, Power Swap, Guard Share and Power Share.

cheeselord
12th August 2011, 5:21 PM
Oh OK. So it prevents stuff like intimidate and charm.

D-World
12th August 2011, 5:34 PM
Yep, but Curse still does lower it's speed. But it's not as if it was going to outspeed anything anyway.

This reminded me of another Regi-Set I have.

Registeel @ Muscle Band/ Leftovers
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Sp. Def
Nature: Adamant/ Brave
-Substitute
-Curse
-Hammer Arm
-Shadow Claw
*This Registeel set inevitably wrecks anything in TR. Curse is the ultimate move for TR Registeel, boosting it's Attack to deal more Damage, boosting it's Defense to rival the EVed Special Defense for bulkiness, and lowering speed to make it faster (in TR). Now for the Moves: Hammer Arm is a very powerful attack that lowers Speed even more, and Shadow Claw gives Registeel perfect coverage.*

cheeselord
12th August 2011, 6:03 PM
I would max HP instead of spdef.

thejt
12th August 2011, 8:02 PM
Walrein (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Ice Body
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Toxic
- Blizzard
- Stockpile
- Substitute/Surf
My attempt at a Stallrein set. No clue what I'm doing, nor do I care. This is for a hail team. Any suggestions on how to effectively stall?

cheeselord
12th August 2011, 8:05 PM
Change stockpile to protect.

ChaosBlizzard
12th August 2011, 8:48 PM
;199; Slowking @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 180 Defense / 76 Special Defense
- Nasty Plot
- Slack Off
- Scald
- Psychic / Psyshock

I need a specially defensive wall that is either x0.5 or 0.25 resistant to Ice. I need either comments on this one, or suggestions for something better. With the given EV spread, Slowking can survive Conkeldurr's Payback (at full power), Latios' Draco Meteor, or even Thundurus' Thunderbolt. Nasty Plot is his big leg up on Slowbro, who is more physically defensive than specially defensive, and lets him hit hard even with no EV investment. Slack Off and Regenerator can keep him alive as long as I need. Scald gets STAB and can burn, helping his Defense, and Psychic also gets STAB and hits Conkeldurr and such. Psyshock is another option, but Psychic seems like it would help more in this case. Fighting types tend to be more physically defensive, and would be hurt more by Phychic.

archeopsdan
13th August 2011, 2:05 AM
i decided to see what i could do with another random pokemon so this time its:

;430;@life orb/leftovers
timid, super luck
252 Sp.atk, 252 spd, 4 Hp
-nasty plot
-dark pulse
-hidden power fighting
-roost/heat wave

a nasty plot sweeper using dark pulse as stab, hidden power fighting gives perfect coverage and heatwave for stronger hits on some or roost for recovery.

Pichu47
13th August 2011, 2:18 AM
@chaosblizzard That looks pretty good! I can't see any problem! Psychic would be better over Psychic in this case for more damage against conk.

------------------------------------------------------

I'm trying to think of a rain strategy for my event Raikou.

Raikou@Life Orb
Nature: Rash
EV's: 252 sp. atk 252 spe 4 hp
Ability: Pressure

1. Thunder
2. Weather Ball
3. Aura Sphere
4. Magnet Rise/Substitute/????

He is for a weather team. Thunder is 100% accurate, weather ball gets rain boosts, Aura Sphere nails tyranitar, The last slot i'm not sure about and i need some help with. Thanks!

Farfan
13th August 2011, 2:21 AM
^ Calm Mind for the last move. Magent Rise is okay too. You can't have Hidden Power Ice on it right? If you can then replace Weather Ball for it

ChaosBlizzard
13th August 2011, 2:34 AM
@chaosblizzard That looks pretty good! I can't see any problem! Psychic would be better over Psychic in this case for more damage against conk.

Really, you think Psychic would be better than Psychic? Because I was thinking Psychic might be the better choice...

Lol. Pichu, you always have funny things to say.

SazandoraMASTER
13th August 2011, 2:42 AM
http://www.poke-amph.com/black-white/sprites/large/078.png
Rapidash
-Flame Charge
-Flare Blitz
-Megahorn
-Wild Charge
Item Attached: Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
EV's and Nature:
EV's: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SpA)

http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon/237.png
Hitmontop
-Bulk Up
-Close Combat
-Sucker Punch
-Rest
Item Attached: Chesto Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EV's and Nature:
EV's: 252 HP / 252 HP / 4 Def
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SpA)

Pichu47
13th August 2011, 4:32 AM
Ambipom@Normal Gem
EV's: 252 spe 252 atk 4 hp
Ability: Techition

-Fake Out
-U-turn
-Taunt
Doubleslap/Acrobatics

He is an epic anti lead. Fake out with boosted power first turn. Taunt the second. You can then use u-turn to get outta there or use one if the two attacks.

cheeselord
13th August 2011, 12:15 PM
Double hit for the last move.

Also @sazandoramaster: rapidash looks fine but in hitmontol I would chance close combat to Mach punch and use technician. That way you beat excadrill. Also you put for the EVs, 252 HP, 252 HP. I assume one if those is meant to be 252 atk by it may be spdef which I would recomend.

pokemario24
13th August 2011, 9:53 PM
Scrafty @Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spe/4 HP
-Dragon Dance
-Hi Jump Kick
-ThunderPunch
-Crunch
Such an awesome DD physical sweeper. Just a few DD's and you can sweep anyway. Hi Jump Kick does really awesome with the power of life orb, STAB, and however many times you've used DD. Crunch gives it good coverage and STAB. ThunderPunch for enough more coverage.

ChaosBlizzard
13th August 2011, 9:54 PM
Typically Scrafty runs Ice Punch instead of Thunderpunch, but if you need an Electric type attack for whatever reason, I don't think that's a dealbreaker.

cheeselord
13th August 2011, 10:35 PM
It is good if your team struggles with gyarados, otherwise ice punch is better.

archeopsdan
13th August 2011, 10:40 PM
once again im here looking at random pokemon for interesting setups, so heres another

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y113/SZubuza/Human%20Pokemon/375.jpg
evolite, adamant, 252 Hp, 48 Def, 208 Sp.def, clear body
-rest
-sleep talk
-meteor mash
-earthquake

a slow and steady tank with good defenses and good typing, rest is recovery, sleep talk to allow attacking then meteor mash is stab and earthquake provides best coverage

cheeselord
13th August 2011, 10:51 PM
Why not, it's as viable as any.

Blayd
14th August 2011, 12:52 PM
Trick Room Team Scrafty?

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/560.gif
Scrafty @ Iron Ball
Nature: Brave
Evs: 252 Att, 200 HP, 56 Sp.Def
Moves:
1) Bulk Up
2) Fling
3) Drain Punch
4) Ice Punch

Bulk up to make scrafty really powerful and also able to shrug off any physical attack. Fling + STAB + Iron Ball does massive damage, and can make scrafty a little faster, should TR end. Drain Punch is additional STAB and Ice Punch is coverage.

cheeselord
14th August 2011, 2:02 PM
That's quite a good idea. Is there a particular reason why you aren't maxing the HP?

Jew Bagel
14th August 2011, 2:59 PM
I think it might be because he still wants some special bulk so that gay things like Reuniclus don't sweep him.

cheeselord
14th August 2011, 3:08 PM
But HP helps defend special hits.

pokemario24
14th August 2011, 9:25 PM
Here's a good one.

Liepard @Normal Gem
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 100 HP/156 Atk/126 Sp. Atk/126 Spe
Nature: Naive
-Fake Out
-Sucker Punch
-Taunt
-Hidden Power Fire
Begin with fake out for some free damage, and an increase in speed from unburden. Then you have much better chance than your opponent of turning the foe into taunt bait. Sucker Punch then has a better chance of not failing. HP Fire gives it the perfect coverage.

ladendar
14th August 2011, 9:55 PM
By the way guys, how do we kill a Blissey?

ChaosBlizzard
14th August 2011, 10:01 PM
By the way guys, how do we kill a Blissey?

Physical Fighting types or really really strong Special attacks. Smogon's writeup recommends Excadrill, Cobalion, Roobooshin (I'm sorry, I refuse to call him "Conkeldurr."), Jirachi and Espeon.

Pichu47
14th August 2011, 10:40 PM
@Mario, what's the point of super speed when you have priority moves?

cheeselord
14th August 2011, 10:43 PM
Roobushin sounds so much better. So does erufuun and ulgamoth. The Japanese names are all much better.

ChaosBlizzard
14th August 2011, 10:59 PM
No, "Conkeldurr" sounds better. "Roobushin" is just so much fun to say. XD

pokemario24
15th August 2011, 1:02 AM
@Mario, what's the point of super speed when you have priority moves?

To use Taunt to allow Sucker Punch to work more often. Also, to move first to use HP Fire on steel types. Otherwise, Sucker Punch is useless.

floatzel98
15th August 2011, 12:37 PM
hey guys, what do you think of this set. i just sort of mixed 2 sets together.
I've only used it once and it was okay, but what do you guys think

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 232 SDef / 24 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Drain Punch
- Body Slam
- Iron Head
- Fire Punch

cheeselord
15th August 2011, 12:58 PM
Max HP first!!!!!!

Sorry but I say this at least five times a day.

floatzel98
15th August 2011, 1:05 PM
so if i use max HP i would just be better off using the standard moveset

cheeselord
15th August 2011, 1:25 PM
No the moveset is fine but use max HP EVs instead of special defense.

floatzel98
15th August 2011, 1:31 PM
oh, yeah that would work okay.

cheeselord
15th August 2011, 1:49 PM
Or you may want to keep the speed and just chuck the spdef into HP instead of maxing it.

Edit: actually you could take out some attack and put it into spdef if you want it to be specially defensive.

floatzel98
15th August 2011, 1:51 PM
yeah i will try those, but the Hp and attack ev set seems to be working for me atm

Pichu47
15th August 2011, 11:04 PM
Epicnessssss! Sorry, but i can't use hp fire.

Magneton@Evolite
Ability: Magnet Pull
EV's: 252 hp 140 sp. def 114 sp. atk

1. Metal Sound
2. Discharge
3. Flash Cannon/Tri-attack/Magnet Rise
4. Flash Cannon/Tri-attack/Magnet Rise

He is bulky and very dangerous. use with extreme caution. I need help choosing the last moveslots.

pokemario24
16th August 2011, 12:02 AM
I have 2 good ones:

Exeggutor @Chesto Berry
Ability: Harvest
EVs: 252 Sp. Atk/252 Spe/4 HP
-Psyshock
-Energy Ball
-Hidden Power Ground
-Rest
This is an awesome set. Rest gives back all it's HP and and it recovers automatically by chesto berry every time. Energy Ball for STAB. Psyshock for Special Walls and STAB. Hidden Power for coverage.

Throh @Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk/128 Def/128 Sp. Def/4 HP
-Storm Throw
-Body Slam
-Payback
-Bulk Up
Throh is an awesome guts user with Storm Throw. It automatically gets a critical hit every turn. With the Guts Boost, Storm Throw can destroy anything. Body Slam for coverage damage and for at least paralysis. Payback to play on Throh's bad speed. Bulk Up to give it more bulk.

cheeselord
16th August 2011, 12:20 AM
Epicnessssss! Sorry, but i can't use hp fire.

Magneton@Evolite
Ability: Magnet Pull
EV's: 252 hp 140 sp. def 114 sp. atk

1. Metal Sound
2. Discharge
3. Flash Cannon/Tri-attack/Magnet Rise
4. Flash Cannon/Tri-attack/Magnet Rise

He is bulky and very dangerous. use with extreme caution. I need help choosing the last moveslots.

Your need charge beam and sub somewhere. That's the point of steel trapping; set up to +6 spatk and they can't hurt you XD.

nikki124
16th August 2011, 3:03 AM
I'm going to try to make my first Trick Room team. I was thinking...

Reuniclus (Psychic)
Gigalith (Rock)
Jellicent (Water/Ghost)
Escavalier (Bug/Steel)
Conkeldurr (Fighting)
Elektross (Electric

All will have natures that reduce speed and boost whatever it's best at haha. So what do you think of this team?

Witch of 'Cos
16th August 2011, 12:21 PM
Bronzong @ Macho Brace
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Trick Room
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]

This is not an original set, by any stretch, but I would like to ask people who have more experience playing 5th gen as to their opinions about the viability of using OTR Zong this gen. The basis is, you switch in to something rather speedy that can not do overly much to you (aka: -2 latios, deo-s, tyranitar) and set up a Trick Room. You now have four turns in which you can cause massive damage to a weakened team with a full power Gyro Ball, Earthquake for coverage, and HP Ice is there mainly for Gliscor, who can be a real *****.

floatzel98
16th August 2011, 2:00 PM
i have a question. is there any viable movesets with eviolite for nosepass to use

Ghosts of the Forums
16th August 2011, 5:21 PM
How does this lead jolteon set look?

http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon/135.png
Jolteon @Life Orb
Timid
Volt Absorb
252Sp.Atk, 252Spe, 4Hp
-Discharge
-Charge Beam
-Hidden Power(Ice)
-Stored Power/Filler
I opted for Discharge over Thunder bolt for the added chance of paralysis, with Charge Beam to boost my special attack, and HP Ice
for the boltbeam combo. I really don't know what to do with the last moveslot though, so any help would be appreciated.

pokemonjeff
16th August 2011, 5:22 PM
Ok ok. My newest set :

Quagsire@????? (Need help with this xD)
-Recover
-Curse
-EQ
-Waterfall?/Something else.

Ability : Water absorb

Evs in HP + Attack.

Thoughts?

Ghosts of the Forums
16th August 2011, 5:28 PM
@SazandoraMASTER

http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon/237.png
Hitmontop
-Bulk Up
-Close Combat
-Sucker Punch
-Rest
Item Attached: Chesto Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EV's and Nature:
EV's: 252 HP / 252 Sp.Def / 4 Def
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SpA)[/QUOTE]

Changes in bold. you had hp twice in the evs.

Ghosts of the Forums
16th August 2011, 5:32 PM
just testing

http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon/376.png

cheeselord
16th August 2011, 6:32 PM
How does this lead jolteon set look?

http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon/135.png
Jolteon @Life Orb
Timid
Volt Absorb
252Sp.Atk, 252Spe, 4Hp
-Discharge
-Charge Beam
-Hidden Power(Ice)
-Stored Power/Filler
I opted for Discharge over Thunder bolt for the added chance of paralysis, with Charge Beam to boost my special attack, and HP Ice
for the boltbeam combo. I really don't know what to do with the last moveslot though, so any help would be appreciated.

Shadow ball for the last move?

bugcatchersdream
16th August 2011, 7:33 PM
Chatot @ Metronome
Nature:Timid
Ability:Tangled Feet
Item: Metronome
EVs:4 HP, 252 SAtk, 252 Spe
-Nasty Plot
-Echoed Voice
-Chatter
-Heat Wave

This is a special sweeper Chatot designed for use in the lower tiers. The basic purpose of this set is to use Nasty Plot and then spam Echoed Voice like there's no tomorrow. With Metronome, Echoed Voice gets really powerful really quickly.
Chatter provides STAB, and Heat Wave kills Steels.

Ghosts of the Forums
16th August 2011, 7:57 PM
I'll try Shadow Ball, thanks for the advice.

cheeselord
16th August 2011, 9:36 PM
That's OK :).

PokeMaster366
17th August 2011, 2:53 PM
Blaziken @life orb/adament or jolly/speed boost
4 hp/252 attack/252 speed
-high jump kick
-flare blitz
-claw sharpen
-thunderpunch

trying to make a set for blaziken because of his new ability through dream world, flare blitz and high jump kick are STAB attacks, thunderpunch is for water and flying types, and claw sharpen is to increase attack and raise accuracy so that high jump kick won't miss and cause damage. I'm pretty much a competitive noob so please reply to this so that I can make it good.

You would be better off running a Focus Sash instead of a Life Orb so you can get something out of Speed Boost.

cheeselord
17th August 2011, 3:17 PM
^ about ten months late lol.

Also I'm thinking of using this on my team, I was planning on using a standard screens set but this may be better.

Also it may be standard but I've never seen it before.

Espeon @ leftovers
Timid, 252 spd, 252 HP, 4 def
magic bounce
• Work up
• Baton pass
• Sub
• Wish/Stored power

Pretty obvious what this set does. To start you switch in on taunt, encore, thunder wave or something like that to force the opponent to switch. Then you sub on the switch and set up as many work ups as you can. Then BP away to one of my offensive pokemon. It doesn't matter who I BP to though because pretty much everyone will get a boost. (my offensive pokemon are agility metagross, nasty plot lucario, life orb starmie and dragon dance scrafty, also mienshao but he's a lead so he may not last long enough to get BPed to). Also I have either stored power to do some damage or wish to help to heal who ever I BP to if they need it.

WeatherEffectRain
17th August 2011, 3:23 PM
Chatot
Nature:Timid
Ability:Tangled Feet
Item: Metronome/Life Orb
EVs:4 HP, 252 SAtk, 252 Spe
-Nasty Plot
-Echoed Voice/Hyper Voice
-Chatter/Hidden Power(Flying)/Hidden Power(Something To Hit Rocks Et Cetera)
-Heat Wave

This is a special sweeper Chatot designed for use in the lower tiers. The basic purpose of this set is to use Nasty Plot and then spam Echoed Voice like there's no tomorrow. With Metronome, Echoed Voice gets really powerful really quickly.
Chatter provides STAB, and Heat Wave kills Steels.
Just suggestions, but Metronome typically isn't worth it, and LO+Hyper Voice would typically be better. Hidden Power(Flying) is stronger than Chatter, but Normal is already a STAB, so you could for coverage with something like Hp(Water) or something. Heat Wave also has little uses due to the few Steels in... RU? Well, yeah. You could just mix the suggestions up or something.

MewTwoEx
17th August 2011, 3:45 PM
Metagross @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Def/252 Hp/4 Atk
- Hammer Arm/Brick Break
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Bullet Punch/Zen Headbutt

So I was in need of a physical Wall. I was going for Rhyperior because of its good HP stats but it had too many weaknesses. I stumbled across Metagross and I thought it could make a good wall. I put EV's into its already Monstrous Def and its lacking HP. Note: I am still a n00b at competitive battling and this is my first team that I am attempting. (I need all the advice I can get :D ) So hammer away

WeatherEffectRain
17th August 2011, 4:19 PM
Metagross @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP, 4 Atk, 252 SDef-ish
- Rest
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Sleep Talk

So I was in need of a physical Wall. I was going for Rhyperior because of its good HP stats but it had too many weaknesses. I stumbled across Metagross and I thought it could make a good wall. I put EV's into its already Monstrous Def and its lacking HP. Note: I am still a n00b at competitive battling and this is my first team that I am attempting. (I need all the advice I can get :D ) So hammer away

Metagross isn't typically a wall; he'd be better as a bulky attack, but whatever. You only need MM and EQ for moves, use Recovery for the others, being ResTalk. Also, his Defense is already titanic, so invest in SDef. He's played better as a tank; If you want a Physical Wall, try Ferrothorn or Vaporeon. Check Smogon here (http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80173) and here (http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83844) to see their Analysises.

pokemario24
17th August 2011, 6:24 PM
Beheeyem @Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 252 HP/252 Sp. Atk/4 Def
Nature: Quiet
-Psychic
-Thunderbolt
-Energy Ball
-Nasty Plot
Analytics powers Psychic up to 120 Power, so Psychic plus STAB, Life Orb, and Analytics with low speed, can destroy anything with 100% accuracy anytime in battle. Thunderbolt for coverage and 125 Power and 100% Accuracy. Energy Ball with 110 Power and 100% Accuracy is also for coverage. Nasty Plot will make Beheeyem a huge threat to anything.

cheeselord
17th August 2011, 6:45 PM
Use that in trick room and you're on to a winner.

MewTwoEx
17th August 2011, 6:49 PM
Metagross isn't typically a wall; he'd be better as a bulky attack, but whatever. You only need MM and EQ for moves, use Recovery for the others, being ResTalk. Also, his Defense is already titanic, so invest in SDef. He's played better as a tank; If you want a Physical Wall, try Ferrothorn or Vaporeon. Check Smogon here (http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80173) and here (http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83844) to see their Analysises.

Sorry i meant tank*, not physical wall. Thanks ill try that ;)

ChaosBlizzard
17th August 2011, 9:00 PM
Espeon @ leftovers
Timid, 252 spd, 252 HP, 4 def
magic bounce
• Work up
• Baton pass
• Sub
• Wish/Stored power

All that time rating other people's crappy sets and poor cheeselord gets ignored. So sad. :(

Looks pretty solid, bud. Better than Umbreon now for sure. Since Magic Bounce keeps you safe from Taunt, you don't even really need an attacking move, do you? So just go for Wish in that case. If Magic Bounce doesn't shield you from Taunt like I'm thinking, go for Psychic over Stored Power. It will be the much more reliable option, because you'll get Taunted before you get enough boosts to make it worth it.

cheeselord
17th August 2011, 9:02 PM
No it does block taunt, I'll go with wish then. I was leaning towards that anyway. Do you think it's better than the standard screens set?

pokemario24
17th August 2011, 9:03 PM
Use that in trick room and you're on to a winner.

This only works if it moves last, so TR ruins it's ability.

ChaosBlizzard
17th August 2011, 9:15 PM
No it does block taunt, I'll go with wish then. I was leaning towards that anyway. Do you think it's better than the standard screens set?

They would do completely different things. I would imagine both are viable, but they attempt such different things that they're not really comparable.

cheeselord
17th August 2011, 9:35 PM
This only works if it moves last, so TR ruins it's ability.

Oh, in that case he needs recover.

Nikator
17th August 2011, 10:23 PM
I've just bred this:

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/thumb/2/28/597Ferroseed.png/158px-597Ferroseed.png
Ferroseed http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c294/mrmalice/male.png | OT:Nikator
Relaxed | Iron Barbs | Hatched 8/26/11 | Route 3 | Leftovers/Rocky Helmet
Leech Seed | Stealth Rock | Gyro Ball | Toxic/Power Whip (Can't decide?)
31/31/31/31/31/0

Could anyone help me with the moveset and more importantly the EV's. It's for general use and then maybe a sandstorm team. I don't know whether to spread over Hp/Def/Sdef or just two, i'm new to this!

archeopsdan
18th August 2011, 12:00 AM
id suggest:

ferrothorn@leftovers
relaxed, iron barbs
252 Hp, 252 Sp.def
-curse
-gyro ball
-leech seed
-stealh rock

with the iv's etc that you have(brilliant as they are) and the egg moves you have recieved that should work really well, i think.

Farfan
18th August 2011, 1:31 AM
I've just bred this:

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/thumb/2/28/597Ferroseed.png/158px-597Ferroseed.png
Ferroseed http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c294/mrmalice/male.png | OT:Nikator
Relaxed | Iron Barbs | Hatched 8/26/11 | Route 3 | Leftovers/Rocky Helmet
Leech Seed | Stealth Rock | Gyro Ball | Toxic/Power Whip (Can't decide?)
31/31/31/31/31/0

Could anyone help me with the moveset and more importantly the EV's. It's for general use and then maybe a sandstorm team. I don't know whether to spread over Hp/Def/Sdef or just two, i'm new to this!

Nice Ferroseed!
I suggest: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SpD EVs, Leech Seed, Stealth Rock, Gyro Ball/Thunder Wave / Power Whip, Gyro Ball / Thunder Wave / Power Whip.

ChaosBlizzard
18th August 2011, 2:52 AM
Got two sets, and I just need a suggestion on one thing per set.

Infernape @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
- Fire Punch / Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

I've been trying out this Infernape, and it seems to be at a want for more power. I'm not totally convinced yet, but I'm thinking running Flare Blitz over Fire Punch may be better. I don't want it 2HKOing itself from recoil though.

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Special Attack / 4 Special Defense
- Fire Blast / Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Dragon Pulse
- Stealth Rock

This Heatran carries a heavy support burden for the team she is on, and mostly walls and checks threats to the rest of the team, in addition to setting Stealth Rock up. I replaced Flamethrower a while back with Fire Blast because she needed more power, but I'm a sucker for signiture moves, and the trapping effects of Magma Storm could be useful against slower enemies choice locked into Ground type moves or what have you. Is Magma Storm viable over Fire Blast?

cheeselord
18th August 2011, 3:16 AM
I like the heatran. Magma storm is a good idea but isn't often used...

Infernape is pretty standard though. Use flare blitz.

ChaosBlizzard
18th August 2011, 3:35 AM
I like the heatran. Magma storm is a good idea but isn't often used...

Thanks. "Isn't often used" as in "just crazy/obscure enough to work" or as in "not used for good reason?" Lol.

Drizzle_Me_This!
18th August 2011, 7:17 AM
Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 252HP/4S.Atk/252S.Def
Nature: Bold (-Atk/+Def)
- Rest
- Acid Armor
- Scald
- Ice Beam

First off, I run a Rain team. Vaporeon is my wall. I run him with max Special Defence so I can Acid Armor for great Defence. With max HP, I can fret less with it as I don't have to worry until it gets down to the nitty gritty. Once there I can Rest and gail all health without any downtime because of Hydration. Because of that, I also have no worry of Toxic which increases my walling ability. Scald of course is there for the Burn. He can really outwall any wall I've put him up against, including Ferrothorn.

Ice Beam I'm a little iffy about. Sure it's good for Dragons and grass, but with all my battling Dragons are taken out by other teamates as Ice Beam/Punch is on half my team. Also, I rarely see grass on the battlefield. Also, the only wall I have issue with is Jellicent. So, for a bit better coverage I've been considering Shadow Ball.

cheeselord
18th August 2011, 2:22 PM
^ standard.

Also @chaosblizzard: it would be a bit of a gimmick (less power, etc...) but it could still work. Try it and see how it goes. You can always teach it fire blast after.

MewTwoEx
18th August 2011, 3:24 PM
Hey I was just wondering if I should go with a Jolly or Adamant Nature with my Salamence.

Salamence @ Life Orb
EV Spread: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4Def

Dragon Dance
Outrage
Earthquake
move 4?

Thanks

floatzel98
18th August 2011, 3:27 PM
maybe naive and change move 4 to fireblast

MewTwoEx
18th August 2011, 3:40 PM
maybe naive and change move 4 to fireblast

Is fireblast only for ice coverage? Won't Stone Edge be better?

floatzel98
18th August 2011, 4:00 PM
yeah, i guess you could just go jolly with that

cheeselord
18th August 2011, 6:03 PM
Fire blast is for steels...

Pichu47
18th August 2011, 6:13 PM
Naive and fire blast is best.

ChaosBlizzard
18th August 2011, 7:07 PM
Also @chaosblizzard: it would be a bit of a gimmick (less power, etc...) but it could still work. Try it and see how it goes. You can always teach it fire blast after.

Fire Blast and Magma Storm are exactly the same in every way, exception Magma Storm trades %10 less accuracy for 4-5 turn trapping effects.

MewTwoEx
18th August 2011, 7:37 PM
Fire blast is for steels...

Ah ok Ill try that then thanks

cheeselord
18th August 2011, 8:05 PM
Fire Blast and Magma Storm are exactly the same in every way, exception Magma Storm trades %10 less accuracy for 4-5 turn trapping effects.

Definitely go for it then.

BugZ
18th August 2011, 11:10 PM
;497;
Serperior@Big Root
Contrary
Leaf Storm
Giga Drain
Gastro Acid
Iron Tail

Very standard Serperior Contrary set with the essential Leaf Storm to double your Sp. Atk stat after every use, and Giga Drain to recover a lot of HP with Big Root as the item and Serperior's Sp. Atk raised to astronomical levels. Gastro Acid is there to ruin any pokemon with abilities that would try to counter you. Iron Tail is a physical move but can be use in situations such as a Special wall trying to take you down.

WeatherEffectRain
18th August 2011, 11:15 PM
Okay, so I was thinking of using Alomomola for a DrizzleTeam. With Hydration, it's 165 HP stat is quite appealing, so I'd like to try it out. My thoughts for a set be this;

Almolomoma
Item: Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP, ???, ???
-Rest
-Aqua Jet
-Aqua Ring/Toxic/Waterfall/Substitute/Whatever Else

I'm a bit stuck here. I know Rest is a given, and Aqua Jet backed by it's middling Attack and Rain, as well as STAB make it actually hit pretty hard.

Then, I have a few thoughts for the last two slots; Aqua Ring seems like a good idea, I mean, you'll be staying in a bit, and you'll be able to heal off quite a bit of damage. You've also got Toxic to hit other walls besides Ferrothorn with an ailment, Waterfall for alternate STAB, Substitute to block Toxic and the like, and other options like Protect or whatever.

I've also got a dilemma with the EVs; I'll max out HP for sure, but the Defences I have trouble thinking about. Does his middling Defence and low SDef mean I'll invest ONLY in SDef, or should I invest in both because his Defence is low? Does his HP buffer his Defence enough? Meh.

Any help would be appretiative.

cheeselord
18th August 2011, 11:33 PM
;497;
Serperior@Big Root
Contrary
Leaf Storm
Giga Drain
Gastro Acid
Iron Tail

Very standard Serperior Contrary set with the essential Leaf Storm to double your Sp. Atk stat after every use, and Giga Drain to recover a lot of HP with Big Root as the item and Serperior's Sp. Atk raised to astronomical levels. Gastro Acid is there to ruin any pokemon with abilities that would try to counter you. Iron Tail is a physical move but can be use in situations such as a Special wall trying to take you down.

With contrary iron tail has a chance of lowering your defence... Not a good move. Also you are I capable if hitting steels. I would use HP fire over iron tail and glare over gastro acid for some nice paralysis support.

Jew Bagel
19th August 2011, 12:16 AM
Okay, so I was thinking of using Alomomola for a DrizzleTeam. With Hydration, it's 165 HP stat is quite appealing, so I'd like to try it out. My thoughts for a set be this;

Almolomoma
EVs: 252 HP, ???, ???
-Rest
-Aqua Jet

I'm a bit stuck here. I know Rest is a given, and Aqua Jet backed by it's middling Attack and Rain, as well as STAB make it actually hit pretty hard.

Then, I have a few thoughts for the last two slots; Aqua Ring seems like a good idea, I mean, you'll be staying in a bit, and you'll be able to heal off quite a bit of damage. You've also got Toxic to hit other walls besides Ferrothorn with an ailment, Waterfall for alternate STAB, Substitute to block Toxic and the like, and other options like Protect or whatever.

I've also got a dilemma with the EVs; I'll max out HP for sure, but the Defences I have trouble thinking about. Does his middling Defence and low SDef mean I'll invest ONLY in SDef, or should I invest in both because his Defence is low? Does his HP buffer his Defence enough? Meh.

Any help would be appretiative.

I would say that Aqua Ring, plus Shell Smash. If you are opposed to Shell Smash, then I think Waterfall would be good, for initial damage.

cheeselord
19th August 2011, 12:26 AM
Use scald for your attacking move.

WeatherEffectRain
19th August 2011, 1:52 PM
40 SAtk and 75 Atk? Gah... I'd rather just go for better damage, I'm not in that much need to sacrifice damage for walling.

@Darkness Master: Alomomola doesn't learn Shell Smash...

Is there even an actual Standard for Alomomola, or is this just guessing?

pokemonjeff
19th August 2011, 6:50 PM
Ok. Someone please rate this and let me know how it looks :

Medicham@life orb
Pure power
Adamant

Moveset :
-drain punch
-ice punch
-thunderpunch
-High jump kick

Evs in attack + Speed.

ChaosBlizzard
20th August 2011, 7:18 AM
Mamoswine @ Life Orb
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Ice Shard

Thick Fat Mamoswine outclasses her non-DW sisters in almost every way. However, since it was already released as a male-only event Pokemon, and Nintendo seems to like not retconning their event Pokemon ever (I'm looking at you, Celebi), I am assuming that it will never exist as a DW female. As such, Snow Cloak is the only real option over Oblivious, since Attract is a lesser paralysis and Mamoswine learns no contact moves of note that would open her up to Cute Charm users. However, do you think my assessment of the situation that it will likely never be released is accurate?

The moveset and item is pretty standard and really the only way to run Mamoswine. I'm most interested in knowing what you think of the EVs and nature. Should I go for something bulkier off her 110 HP stat? Or do I need as much Speed as possible off her base 80 Speed stat? And if that's the case, Jolly over Adamant?

MewTwoEx
20th August 2011, 10:38 AM
Watsup guys/girls. I was thinking of using Tyranitar as a SR lead, but I was wondering if it would be very damaging to a non-sandstorm team? (My Lucario and Metagross are unaffected)

Also, what moves and ev spread should it have as a lead? Thanks

floatzel98
20th August 2011, 11:26 AM
no it should matter. put a reuniclus on your team or something. for your Ttar use

Tyranitar@Leftovers
252HP/180SpA/76Sdef
Sassy
-Stealth rock
-crunch
-fireblast
-ice beam

cheeselord
20th August 2011, 11:34 AM
That may work well with CB.

Xx_BS-TyKi_xX
20th August 2011, 9:22 PM
Well People I'm trying to train Bisharp but I don't know exactly how to do it so if you can help me with that please >-<

All can be changed
Bisharp @Life Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Attack / 102 Defense / 116 SpDef
Moves:
» Taunt
» Sucker Punch
» Swords Dance
» Filler (I don't know what to use)
- I would say is standard but I don't know how's a standard Bisharp xD Ok the EVs I gave it is to keep alive the most Max HP and 102 Defense and 116 Sp Defense It would be 303/230/174 if I have 0 IVs on everything (well I don't want to get 0 Ivs on thath Stats is just to show how it would be); And the moves, works in a so simple way; First I Taunt my Oponent, so I can do Sucker Punch as I want, Swords Dance is to power up a minum amount of 291 on Atack; Defiant is the best ability so I can get a +2 Atack everytime my Oponent lower any stat of mine =3 And yes I Need a move for the 4th Slot :/ I don't know what would work on Bisharp

archeopsdan
20th August 2011, 10:20 PM
Well People I'm trying to train Bisharp but I don't know exactly how to do it so if you can help me with that please >-<

All can be changed
Bisharp @Life Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Attack / 102 Defense / 116 SpDef
Moves:
» Taunt
» Sucker Punch
» Swords Dance
» Filler (I don't know what to use)
- I would say is standard but I don't know how's a standard Bisharp xD Ok the EVs I gave it is to keep alive the most Max HP and 102 Defense and 116 Sp Defense It would be 303/230/174 if I have 0 IVs on everything (well I don't want to get 0 Ivs on thath Stats is just to show how it would be); And the moves, works in a so simple way; First I Taunt my Oponent, so I can do Sucker Punch as I want, Swords Dance is to power up a minum amount of 291 on Atack; Defiant is the best ability so I can get a +2 Atack everytime my Oponent lower any stat of mine =3 And yes I Need a move for the 4th Slot :/ I don't know what would work on Bisharp

first of al change some EV's to speed unless its for trick room because otherwise you will never outrun anything, secondy use brick break as a filler to get perfect coverage with sucker punch and generaly he doesnt have that much survivability so i tend to use 252 Hp, 252 Spd, 4 Hp(swords dance makes him dead powerful), but also i tend to use iron head over taunt but fair idea, its just will he survive there attacks.

Xx_BS-TyKi_xX
20th August 2011, 11:25 PM
first of al change some EV's to speed unless its for trick room because otherwise you will never outrun anything, secondy use brick break as a filler to get perfect coverage with sucker punch and generaly he doesnt have that much survivability so i tend to use 252 Hp, 252 Spd, 4 Hp(swords dance makes him dead powerful), but also i tend to use iron head over taunt but fair idea, its just will he survive there attacks.

Ok I would change the EVs to 252 HP / 252 Speed and add Brick Break to have coverage : DD Thnx

Pichu47
20th August 2011, 11:40 PM
^No, don't use speed when he has priority. 252 atk 252 hp is fine.

TM0verlord
21st August 2011, 7:31 AM
Sawsbuck @ Life Orb
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 6 HP/ 252 Attack/ 252 Speed
- Swords Dance
- Nature Power
- Horn Leach
- Double Edge/Return

This Sawsbuck is meant to be my mid-to- late sweeper of my UU team. I come in on a predicted Grass move and Sawsbuck gets +1 atack when a Grass attack aims at it. Then If i predict correctly and the opponen switches, I use Swords Dance to get up to +3 attack and begin my Sweep. Horn Leach is the only Physical Grass STAB attack it gets and it has a nice side effect of heal HP for Sawsbuck. Nature Power turns into Earthquake on WiFi and that brings a lot of Super effective coverage and coverage in general. Now I have 2 options. Return is the safer mover, but it lacks a little power that Double Edge already has. Double Edge has more base power than return, but it has the nasty recoil side effect, combined with a life orb, makes Sawsbuck sort of frail.

The only Pokemon that could cause trouble for this are Eviolite Dusclops, Defensive Tangrowth, priority moves, Crobat, and maybe Escavalier if its invested EVs into HP and Defense.

Thoughts on this set?

ChaosBlizzard
21st August 2011, 8:20 AM
^^That looks really solid, especially if it is for UU. My only suggestion would be to try and fit Jump Kick in there somewhere. It could either replace Nature Power so you could hit Steel types who resist Ground or have an Air Balloon, or it could be your filler move for slot 4.

- - - - - - - - - -

Bumping for no rates. I only have a limited amount of time I could train this thing, so I need to decide if I want to attempt it pretty soon.

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Ice Shard

Thick Fat Mamoswine outclasses her non-DW sisters in almost every way. However, since it was already released as a male-only event Pokemon, and Nintendo seems to like not retconning their event Pokemon ever (I'm looking at you, Celebi), I am assuming that it will never exist as a DW female. As such, Snow Cloak is the only real option over Oblivious, since Attract is a lesser paralysis and Mamoswine learns no contact moves of note that would open her up to Cute Charm users. However, do you think my assessment of the situation that it will likely never be released is accurate?

The moveset and item is pretty standard and really the only way to run Mamoswine. I'm most interested in knowing what you think of the EVs and nature. Should I go for something bulkier off her 110 HP stat? Or do I need as much Speed as possible off her base 80 Speed stat? And if that's the case, Jolly over Adamant?

floatzel98
21st August 2011, 8:29 AM
i say keep adamant nature as you have a priority move and need as much power as you can get.

What would be the best set to use on a piloswine w/evo

i'm thinking of using a tauros with sheerforce, but i don't know what moves to use. heres what i have so far.

Tauros@life orb
SheerForce
252Att/4Def/252Spe
Jolly
-Rock climb
-Bulldoze?
-Zen Headbutt?
-Rockslide?

I don't know what moves to use so can someone help me

pokemario24
21st August 2011, 7:54 PM
i say keep adamant nature as you have a priority move and need as much power as you can get.

What would be the best set to use on a piloswine w/evo

i'm thinking of using a tauros with sheerforce, but i don't know what moves to use. heres what i have so far.

Tauros@life orb
SheerForce
252Att/4HP/252Spe
Jolly
-Rock climb
-Earthquake
-Zen Headbutt?
-Rockslide?

I don't know what moves to use so can someone help me

You should go with Earthquake instead of Bulldoze, as Bulldoze with the power of Sheer Force won't be any better than Earthquake. Otherwise, it's good enough.

Lord Of Grapes
21st August 2011, 11:36 PM
Hello I'm looking for a bit of help on this guy:

Hitmontop @ Lefties?
Ev's: 252hp / 188SDef / 64atk / 4def
Nature: ?????
Ability: Technician
~ Rapid Spin
~ Brick Break/Bulk Up
~ Mach Punch
~ Pursuit/Bulk Up

This is designed to be destroyer of all things annoying like Hazards and screens. I don't know weather I could put Bulk up insted of BB to stop ghosts from walling me. I also need help with the nature.

Rezzuréct
22nd August 2011, 3:08 AM
How about this set??

Conkeldurr (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Guts
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 SDef
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Payback

darkrai's_shadow
22nd August 2011, 3:27 AM
How about this set??

Conkeldurr (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Guts
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 SDef
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Payback

switch leftovers with flame orb, unless you predict a status condition, that way you activate guts

dragontamer98
22nd August 2011, 7:49 AM
Hello I'm looking for a bit of help on this guy:

Hitmontop @ Lefties?
Ev's: 252hp / 188 Def / 64atk / 4SpDef
My suggestion is to have more EVs in Top's inferior Defence stat, as you're set isn't packing Intimidate to weaken physical attackers.
Ability: Technician
~ Rapid Spin
~ Bulk Up
~ Mach Punch
~ Pursuit/ Sucker Punch

Unless you really absolutely CANNOT stand screens, go with Brick break, otherwise, most bulky ghosts wall you. You might want to consider Forseight, as it lets you use Rapid Spin and your STABbed Fighting attacks against Ghost-types who would otherwise be immune.

This is designed to be destroyer of all things annoying like Hazards and screens. I don't know weather I could put Bulk up insted of BB to stop ghosts from walling me. I also need help with the nature.

Comments in Bold.
Oh I also took out the color. Aha, sorry! ;P
~DT.

ChaosBlizzard
22nd August 2011, 8:11 AM
^^Your suggestion about Foresight is a very valid one. That's kind of Hitmontop's niche as a Rapid Spinner.

Rezzuréct
22nd August 2011, 11:22 AM
Well thanks for the comment~

================================================== ======================================

Dialga @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 248 SAtk / 12 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast

That is my Lead on Wifi Uber.. I'm ladder on 824 now

WeatherEffectRain
22nd August 2011, 1:26 PM
Anyways...

Okay I'd been working around with Alomomola on PO for a bit more, and I've found that this set is going farely well, but I can't decide on a couple things.

Alomomola
EVs: 252 HP, 120 Atk, 136 SDef
-Rest
-Aqua Ring/Protect
-Aqua Jet
-Toxic

This is the set I'm running after a bit of playtesting; The EVs given are my current thoughts for smacking common threats, which has been working out, but I'm not sure if these are the best EVs, while still being able to fight back.

Aqua Ring or Protect is then my second. With Aqua Ring, I can take down quite a few more threats, although my Ludicolo sets up Leech Seed alot anyway. That's why I'm also thinking about Protect; for one thing, it stalls for Toxic damage, heals Lefties and if Leech Seed is up stall the crap out of Pokemon.

tl;dr: I need help with the EVs, and I'm not sure on Aqua Ring/Protect.

Xenevix
22nd August 2011, 2:45 PM
Anyways...

Okay I'd been working around with Alomomola on PO for a bit more, and I've found that this set is going farely well, but I can't decide on a couple things.

Alomomola
EVs: 252 HP, 120 Atk, 136 SDef
-Rest
-Aqua Ring/Protect
-Aqua Jet
-Toxic

This is the set I'm running after a bit of playtesting; The EVs given are my current thoughts for smacking common threats, which has been working out, but I'm not sure if these are the best EVs, while still being able to fight back.

Aqua Ring or Protect is then my second. With Aqua Ring, I can take down quite a few more threats, although my Ludicolo sets up Leech Seed alot anyway. That's why I'm also thinking about Protect; for one thing, it stalls for Toxic damage, heals Lefties and if Leech Seed is up stall the crap out of Pokemon.

tl;dr: I need help with the EVs, and I'm not sure on Aqua Ring/Protect.

I think that rest in this set may be a dangerous move; if your opponent has some kind of set up sweeper coming and you need to use rest either say good-bye to your Alomomola or let him sweep you. I think that maybe you should go with the -Atk +SpDef nature (I forget what it is.) And instead of Aqua Jet teach it Surf. It'll be easier to attack that way.

Anyway,

Durant @ ?Item?
Nature: Adamant or Jolly?
Ability: Hustle
Hone Claws
X-Scissor
Iron Head
Stone Edge
EVs +252 Atk +252 Spd +4 Def

I would use this set for a fast lead so I can assess the opponents strengths. It's fast and strong enough to take on walls and with Hone Claws Stone Edge becomes more realistic so it can take care of it's own one weakness, Fire.

For the Nature I'm leaning more towards Jolly because I'd rather have my Durant be super fast than super strong but is that the best? And for the Item I was thinking maybe Life Orb, Focus Sash, a gem, or a King's Rock to increase Iron Head's flinch rate. What do you guys think?

archeopsdan
22nd August 2011, 3:08 PM
I think that rest in this set may be a dangerous move; if your opponent has some kind of set up sweeper coming and you need to use rest either say good-bye to your Alomomola or let him sweep you. I think that maybe you should go with the -Atk +SpDef nature (I forget what it is.) And instead of Aqua Jet teach it Surf. It'll be easier to attack that way.

Anyway,

Durant @ ?Item?
Nature: Adamant or Jolly?
Ability: Hustle
Hone Claws
X-Scissor
Iron Head
Stone Edge
EVs +252 Atk +252 Spd +4 Def

I would use this set for a fast lead so I can assess the opponents strengths. It's fast and strong enough to take on walls and with Hone Claws Stone Edge becomes more realistic so it can take care of it's own one weakness, Fire.

For the Nature I'm leaning more towards Jolly because I'd rather have my Durant be super fast than super strong but is that the best? And for the Item I was thinking maybe Life Orb, Focus Sash, a gem, or a King's Rock to increase Iron Head's flinch rate. What do you guys think?

personally i say go with jolly and either a focus sash or a life orb so that you can survive or deal more damage. jolly gives you a much needed speed boost to get past some threats and i would put the 4 IV's in Sp.def as that is where it is weak, but other than that, good

PokemonTrainerKaden
22nd August 2011, 8:17 PM
Shuckle (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Power Split
- Earthquake
- Substitute
- Stealth Rock

The ultimate substitute stall. With over 600 S. Def it really is hard to beat. I gave him Power Split to make up for his extrememly low attack. Stealth Rock is on there because it helps with lowering the opponents HP over time with only one move.

Lord Of Grapes
22nd August 2011, 10:11 PM
Comments in Bold.
Oh I also took out the color. Aha, sorry! ;P
~DT.

np and thanks.

MewTwoEx
22nd August 2011, 10:16 PM
Its me again. Just wondering if Ferrothorn can make a good SR lead? Thanks

Psycho Cut
22nd August 2011, 10:20 PM
Shuckle (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Power Split
- Earthquake
- Substitute
- Stealth Rock

The ultimate substitute stall. With over 600 S. Def it really is hard to beat. I gave him Power Split to make up for his extrememly low attack. Stealth Rock is on there because it helps with lowering the opponents HP over time with only one move.
Best go with toxic somewhere, even after power split, his attack isn't going to be high enough to do decent damage. It's still worth keeping power split though, just to lower the opponent's power. I'd also consider rest in there too

Aizle Syracuse
22nd August 2011, 11:08 PM
Hello ~ ^.^ I've been thinking about getting myself a copy of Black or White (because everybody makes it sound like so much fun and its Wi-fi is actually compatible with my router configuration! ='D) and I'm wondering... how well would this set function for a Chandelure special sweeper? OwO
http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon/609.png
Chandelure ♂
Modest (+SpA/-Atk)
* Flash Fire
@ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 SpA/252 Spe/4 HP
-Shadow Ball
-Flamethrower/Fire Blast
-Energy Ball
-Hidden Power (Ground)

This would be my first time trying to create a set for anything that's not 4th generation- although I'm not particularly proficient at that either, to tell the truth. ^ ^; I hope it's not too horrible. >w< Anywho, I would probably use this fellow to hop in on a predicted Fire/Fighting type move (probably aimed at Lucario, one of his teammates-to-be) and begin his sweep from there. =3 Shadow Ball is present for STAB and the chance of lowering the opponent's Special Defense, Flamethrower for more STAB and a potential boost off his ability, and Energy Ball for coverage. ^.^ I have no idea what to put in the last slot though... o.o; I was thinking Hex perhaps since the Umbreon who would be on his team will know Toxic... but I do already have one strong Ghost-type move. >w< Any suggestions? =D

The EVs are meant to (of course) maximize Special Attack in addition to taking advantage of Chandelure's reasonable defenses. ^w^ I am curious though... as to wether or not those defensive EVs would be better used in the Speed department. o.o

darkrai's_shadow
22nd August 2011, 11:28 PM
do will o wisp or something like that, and then switch shadow ball with hex, and if you want to be more defensive, make it max hp instead, much more bulkier that way, and switch flame thrower to either fire blast or, if you want to try and get it, heat wave

Aizle Syracuse
22nd August 2011, 11:36 PM
do will o wisp or something like that, and then switch shadow ball with hex, and if you want to be more defensive, make it max hp instead, much more bulkier that way, and switch flame thrower to either fire blast or, if you want to try and get it, heat wave

Ah, alright ~ ^w^ I was just afraid of the Accuracy difference... I know 85% is still pretty high, but I've had things miss with it on occasion and that's just about frustrating. D:

At any rate, I'm curious- would Will-o-Wisp really be necessary with Umbreon running around Toxic-ing everything to death? X'D And the Choice Specs... I'm not sure how I could run Wisp effectively with those. o.o

Thank you for the input though; I'll be sure to put it to use! ^.^

WeatherEffectRain
22nd August 2011, 11:41 PM

HydraRest on Rain Team is a yes. I really do not understand why everyone is against it; just save Alomomola until after threats have been taken care of. And his SAtk is 40. His Atk is 75. Skrew Surf; Aqua Jet is the way to go :/

Anyone used Alomomola? I'm sorry but I must ask...

165HP 75Atk 80Def 40SAtk 45SDef 65Spd

^These stats. Just making sure it's known.

darkrai's_shadow
22nd August 2011, 11:44 PM
Ah, alright ~ ^w^ I was just afraid of the Accuracy difference... I know 95% is still pretty high, but I've had things miss with it on occasion and that's just about frustrating. D:

At any rate, I'm curious- would Will-o-Wisp really be necessary with Umbreon running around Toxic-ing everything to death? X'D And the Choice Specs... I'm not sure how I could run Wisp effectively with those. o.o

Thank you for the input though; I'll be sure to put it to use! ^.^

oh, right, you had choice specs, well, i guess its not necessary if your running specs, so maybe you can try out hp ground or something like that, that way you can hit stuff like heatran

Aizle Syracuse
22nd August 2011, 11:48 PM
oh, right, you had choice specs, well, i guess its not necessary if your running specs, so maybe you can try out hp ground or something like that, that way you can hit stuff like heatran

Oh, that's a brilliant idea; thank you! =D I think I'll try that ~