PDA

View Full Version : A Sandile Gusher of Change (662)

Serebii
30th September 2010, 11:24 AM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/NextOn/662.jpgOshawott! Meguroko! Critical Moment!!

After learning that the first Isshu gym is in Sanyou City, Ash & Iris decide to head there. However, on their ways, they find a trainer called Dan and learn of the sand baths there. In addition to that, the Mijumaru from Araragi's Lab appears and wants to join Ash, but before capture is possible, Meguroko starts attacking and kidnaps Pikachu & Oshawott. Will Ash get them back?

Visit The Episode Guide (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/shinou/662.shtml)

Discuss

SoulSilverMstr411
30th September 2010, 11:38 AM
And so the fillers begin. 4 more years to go!

KibaLG8
30th September 2010, 11:40 AM
And so the fillers begin. 4 more years to go!

HA I suggest you look up the definition of filler. This clearly isn't a filler, since Mijumaru will likely be captured here.

Lee-san
30th September 2010, 11:49 AM
Anyone found a good site to watch it? BSS doesn't work :/

KibaLG8
30th September 2010, 11:51 AM

What's BSS? I have Keyhole but I dont know how to use it.:(

Ash-kid
30th September 2010, 12:02 PM
Looks like Ash and Iris are trying to walk faster than the other, it's pretty funny I have to say. Reminds me something from the past.

Grassmen
30th September 2010, 12:05 PM
Mijumaru is awesome :P
Pikachu tried to Thunderbolt it because Mijumaru pushed it off Ash's shoulder, but it deflected it with its shell, hurting Ash instead!

And it just got hurt by the pokeball :P

Kopilas_ante
30th September 2010, 12:08 PM

OMG i love your white team line up :P, how do you make oe of those i want one....???

tidus
30th September 2010, 12:11 PM
found it funny when team rocket fell into the whole
ash and pickachu enjoying sand resting thing
funny when kigabo goes into

Chimchar15
30th September 2010, 12:14 PM
I found it surprising that Ash fell into a hole and it wasn't because of Team Rocket. I was seriously expecting them to pop out.

tidus
30th September 2010, 12:15 PM
i thought pickachu's tail was going to make the crocidile poke snezze for a min

Paul Ketchum
30th September 2010, 12:18 PM
So it looks like Ash and Iris's relationship will be somewhat of a competitive one...interesting.

That adds to my theory that Ash will battle her for his 8th badge.

tidus
30th September 2010, 12:20 PM
crocidile pole lol
how did all that water start

Devastator2000
30th September 2010, 12:21 PM
I can't wait to see what will happen next. Also, Australia is getting 'Diamond and pearl: GD' or something under those words in a week on Cartoon Network. Is that and old series, or the ones you guys have been talking about?

adyniz
30th September 2010, 12:24 PM
Now, please don't tell me that Megurok is going to follow satoshi and then he will catch it similar to miju. 0_0

Pepsi_Plunge
30th September 2010, 12:24 PM
Nicce fun episode, after wacthing the episode I was really wanting someone to catch Meguroko(Iris) the thing looked pretty fun.

I also liked Team Rocket kept the more serious tone I really though they would be the same as usual in this episode lets hope it keeps like this.

Lol doubtfull Meguroko did appear laughing at the end bu it would be kinda lamme to put two pokemons following the group in a row if he does follow them I hope Iris gets it instead even if someone bonded with it, it was Ash

Ash-kid
30th September 2010, 12:25 PM
Very nice episode. I loved how Iris helped to Ash with the Meguroko bridge they built to help the pokemon(Shikijika and Minezumi) from the hot gasers.
Mijumaru is now Ash's finally, it's great to see that too.

tidus
30th September 2010, 12:27 PM
wow Mijumaru is really strong to deflect that water
funny when they were all straight up to the sky
meguroko will that one be coming back from the end seemed like it would
the glass' look pretty funny

Lanturn88
The Meguroku is the new Jigglypuff.. woot.. Although I would have to say if someone was going to capture it.. I'd love for James to catch it. In all honestly I hope he does.

Anyways, I'm glad team rocket is still being shown in a way that they're taking their job seriously enough, I'm really happy with this season.. I'd honestly have to say it compares to the original Series, and it seems like thats what they're aiming for :D

Grassmen
Now, please don't tell me that Megurok is going to follow satoshi and then he will catch it similar to miju. 0_0
It sure looked like it, didn't it...

tidus
30th September 2010, 12:30 PM
anyone saw the trailer couple minutes ago with the fire starter does ash catch it seems like following his orders and meowth in some kind of black paint

Paul Ketchum
30th September 2010, 12:30 PM
Does this episode really qualify as a "capture" episode since Ash was pretty much given Mijumaru by Prof. Araragi?

Chimchar15
30th September 2010, 12:31 PM
What I want to know is how does Team Rocket jump so high? I mean yeah it's animated but still. Also pretty good episode, Ash got Mijumaru but there was no deep bonding at the end of the episode moment it was just caught.

An00bis
30th September 2010, 12:36 PM
This episode was totally hard to follow between audio failure and the Plot being kind of confusing towards the end. Honestly there was enough material here to fill two episodes (the Otter's capture and a Crocodile Filler) but they meshed it together. The first part was resolved a little less then ten minutes in with the rest revolving around ... whatever those Pokemon were doing.

SHOW START.

- Ash and Iris are having some type of ... leading problem ...
- An argument in the works is broken up by the appearance of a certain Otter.

Opening. The only " reveal " was Koromori.

- It walks right up and starts hugging Ash.
- Then Iris starts hugging the Otter. Otter does not want.
- It just wants Ash. So much takes initiative in sitting on Pikachu's perch.
- For some (newbie) reason Ash doesn't seem to register it wants to go with him right away.
- Pikachu is irritated by it (in general) and tries to shock it. Otter deflects with its infinitely useful shell.
- Okay. Now Ash gets it, but the Pokeball doesn't work for some reason.
- In particular, it fails because the Otter's already owned by the Professor.
- Easy fix. They go get the Pokeball transferred to them in town. (It's caught by Ash at this point)
- Now when Ash goes to give it the good news it's gone. Great.
- They go to look for it ... but fall in a hole.
- Immediately they think its Team Rocket, but ...
- Team Rocket seems to be running late, and falls into a hole.
- Again, then land on their feet.
- At the bottom of the hole TR finds the Ground Crocodile Pokemon-thing. Its wild but it has sunglasses?
- A boy (CoTD) saves Ash and Iris and tell him that the Pokemon of the Day dug the hole.
- It digs lots of holes, apparently.
- The CotD runs a business with therapeutic sand that's disturbed by these critters.
- Ash tries to lure them out by using the facilities.
- It sorts of works, but only because Team Rocket tip it off that some Pokemon are there.

BREAK

- And now we're back. The Crocodile grabs Kibago (who is freed) and then Pikachu / Otter who are taken away.
- Then Team Rocket grabs Pikachu/Otter/Crocodile as expected and runs.
- Their getaway is stopped by the Crocodile's friends.
- Team Rocket escape unharmed. Again.
- Okay. Now I'm lost. Here's what I think is happening.
- The Crocodiles have a group of Pokemon already that they're herding away ...
- ... to safety. The mountain's about to blow.
- The herded Pokemon are accidentally trapped and need to be saved.
- The wild Crocodiles form a bridge across since the water's too hot to swim in.
- Ash helps the trapped Pokemon across.
- Then the Otter / Iris save Ash who's the last one left.
- The day is saved. Who'd have guessed?
- Uh oh. It looks like we got another tag-along (the Crocodile's Leader)

Oak's Lecture: The Isshu Starters

Chimchar15
30th September 2010, 12:38 PM
Does anyone else feel that the starter Pokemon from Araragi's lab are really strong for starter Pokemon?

Pepsi_Plunge
30th September 2010, 12:42 PM
The Meguroku is the new Jigglypuff.. woot.. Although I would have to say if someone was going to capture it.. I'd love for James to catch it. In all honestly I hope he does.

Anyways, I'm glad team rocket is still being shown in a way that they're taking their job seriously enough, I'm really happy with this season.. I'd honestly have to say it compares to the original Series, and it seems like thats what they're aiming for :D

He saw them doing "bad stuff" he wouldnt want to join Team Rocket atleast i doubt it.

Locormus
30th September 2010, 12:43 PM
So it looks like Ash and Iris's relationship will be somewhat of a competitive one...interesting.

That adds to my theory that Ash will battle her for his 8th badge.

She actually saved Ash from fatality! That's more then Dawn ever did! The crying Marry Sue of the series! xD I still see them as friends up at this point, but the bond the two have is different then what Ash and Dawn had, and it's for the better.

Ash-Misty: Misty was basically teaching Ash most of the time (as Ash was a rookie)
Ash-May: Ash was teaching May (as May had no prior example)
Ash-Dawn: Ash was teaching Dawn (helping her through periods of depression)
Ash-Iris: Iris tells Ash stuff, but Ash is stronger.

Ash-Iris is probably the most equal bond we have yet seen.

I can't wait to see what will happen next. Also, Australia is getting 'Diamond and pearl: GD' or something under those words in a week on Cartoon Network. Is that and old series, or the ones you guys have been talking about?

Australia is getting Galactic Battles.. That is the series after Ash gets to Canalave... This is the second series after that.

Pokemon Diamond and Pearl
PK DP: Battle Dimension
PK DP: Galactic Battles
PK DP: Sinnoh Victors
Pokemon Best Wishes

So you're a good two years away from where this episode takes place..

Ash-kid
30th September 2010, 12:45 PM
Does anyone else feel that the starter Pokemon from Araragi's lab are really strong for starter Pokemon?

They're VERY strong starters. Mijumaru and Tsutarja were strong compared to other starters from the past. Maybe it's just a sign that their evos are even stronger.
I think it's actually the first time Ash got a real starter pokemon from a professor lab.

Kopilas_ante
30th September 2010, 12:46 PM
gaaah where can i watch this episode???!!!!!

Mayfan
30th September 2010, 12:48 PM
So Ash gets his Mijumaru. All is right in the world now.

-Meguroco = cutest voice. Ever. Except Kibago's.
-Awwww (referring to miju in the sand bath)
-Hehe, gotta love Iris's face when Kibago pops up in the sand bath ("Even Kibago...")
-What! Team Rocket fell into a pitfall that's not THEIR OWN!
-LOVE the hand-grab scene.
-Miju is caught officially.... yay!
-Hee hee, leaning tower of Meguroco...

9/10

Locormus
30th September 2010, 12:59 PM
They're VERY strong starters. Mijumaru and Tsutarja were strong compared to other starters from the past. Maybe it's just a sign that their evos are even stronger.
I think it's actually the first time Ash got a real starter pokemon from a professor lab.

This is true..

Charmander, Bulbasaur, Squirtle were either abandoned by trainers, or wild. So Charmander and Squirtle might have been starter pokemon at one point.

Chikorita, Cyndaquil and Totodile were all wild.

Treecko was wild

Turtwig and Chimchar were wild.. Well, Chimchar was trainer owned, but we know that it was wild prior to that.

Mijumaru is Ash's second pokemon to be given to him from a Professor, after Pikachu of course, but the first regular Starter.. Much in the same vein as May's Squirtle if you'd ask me.

Hyper Tails
30th September 2010, 1:10 PM
anyone saw the trailer couple minutes ago with the fire starter does ash catch it seems like following his orders and meowth in some kind of black paint

It was hard to tell whether it was listening to Ash or Iris. Also, a Janoby was seen rolling in front of Ash during a battle, but that doesn't mean it was his either.

Locormus
30th September 2010, 1:16 PM
It was hard to tell whether it was listening to Ash or Iris. Also, a Janoby was seen rolling in front of Ash during a battle, but that doesn't mean it was his either.

It wasn't hard to tell, it just wasn't possible at all, we just saw Pokabu using a move.. Anyway, we saw Iris pinching Pokabu's cheeks, like she did with Pikachu.. Then we see Ash hunching forward in the street as if 'hunting' or stealthely approaching something...

Meowth was in disguise as an Umbreon, but this is not the place to talk about this.

I only fell in at the halfway point, but this episode, the latter half, was just so confusing that I really didn't like it.. I liked the whole bridge thing, but visually I wasn't very impressed.. I still think that Meguroko is a dull pokemon..

Iris saving Ash was a nice touch though.. Puts her ahead of Dawn already..

Chimchar15
30th September 2010, 1:20 PM
It wasn't hard to tell, it just wasn't possible at all, we just saw Pokabu using a move.. Anyway, we saw Iris pinching Pokabu's cheeks, like she did with Pikachu.. Then we see Ash hunching forward in the street as if 'hunting' or stealthely approaching something...

Meowth was in disguise as an Umbreon, but this is not the place to talk about this.

I only fell in at the halfway point, but this episode, the latter half, was just so confusing that I really didn't like it.. I liked the whole bridge thing, but visually I wasn't very impressed.. I still think that Meguroko is a dull pokemon..

Iris saving Ash was a nice touch though.. Puts her ahead of Dawn already..

Yeah it was somewhat confusing but hopefully when we get translations for this episode we'll understand it better.

Hyper Tails
30th September 2010, 1:22 PM
Something I did wonder: Is this Mijumaru a female that has a crush on Ash like Chikorita? Or just a male that really likes him? Is there any distinct difference to be able to tell with Mijumaru?

RageKaiser
30th September 2010, 2:09 PM
That episode wasn't as good as the last two, I must say. But i'm happy Mijumaru is finally Ash's. I wasn't very happy with the music at all (Yes I know, music isn't everything, but it's important to me)

3 episodes in a row without a TR blastoff, are they done for good? I wonder how long it'll last.

tidus
30th September 2010, 2:50 PM
i really like the change in the look of the nurses for this region. glad Ash finally got Mijumaru.
ur right Gregguru this is 3rd epi with no blast off i'm guessing for this season the uniform is not the only thing that is different.
2nd half epi confused me too did anyone else have trouble streaming it mine kept breaking up so couldn't really tell what was going on sometimes.
really liked the preview for the next epi didn't know that was supposed to be a umbreon wonder how many people he can fool.

Almighty Zard
30th September 2010, 3:01 PM
I kinda have to say that after seeing this episode, mijumaru wasn't really captured more so returned to it's ball from falling into the boiling hot water after using water gun to block an impromptu spout of water. Still Ash got it in an intresting mannor at least.

I liked how the croc's formed a bridge by biting each others tails for Ash and the pokemon to cross, I also found it funny that Iris saved Ash (normally Ash is the one doing the saving.) and that in the end they were in the new hot spring at the same time (kids will be kids i suppose cause last time I saw hotsprings in the anime they had a barrier set up for the boys and girls, or the writers don't care anymore I guess.)

Depsite the seriousness of TR they kinda took off quite quickly when all the other croc's showed up, I know thier trying to be serious but at the same time that's cowardly on thier part, you think they would at least put up a fight and then retreat.

I don't like the way the episode ended though, the glasses croc reappeared in a rather foreshadowing way :( I really hope that's not the case.

Koh
30th September 2010, 3:02 PM
I just watched it. It was pretty decent. Why did they use the evolution music as "tension" music though? Up next: Cute Li'l POKABU!

Pepsi_Plunge
30th September 2010, 3:11 PM
I kinda have to say that after seeing this episode, mijumaru wasn't really captured more so returned to it's ball from falling into the boiling hot water after using water gun to block an impromptu spout of water. Still Ash got it in an intresting mannor at least.

I liked how the croc's formed a bridge by biting each others tails for Ash and the pokemon to cross, I also found it funny that Iris saved Ash (normally Ash is the one doing the saving.) and that in the end they were in the new hot spring at the same time (kids will be kids i suppose cause last time I saw hotsprings in the anime they had a barrier set up for the boys and girls, or the writers don't care anymore I guess.)

Depsite the seriousness of TR they kinda took off quite quickly when all the other croc's showed up, I know thier trying to be serious but at the same time that's cowardly on thier part, you think they would at least put up a fight and then retreat.

I don't like the way the episode ended though, the glasses croc reappeared in a rather foreshadowing way :( I really hope that's not the case.

That usually in those Hot springs were you go naked... they werent naked obviously.

TicoPokemonMaster
30th September 2010, 3:40 PM
I liked this episode but like some have said this could have been split into two episodes.
Meguroko is now one of my favorite isshu pokemon. I also never understood the second half of the episode. I thought that the megurokos were forcing the pokemon to go near the gysers. Plus this has to be anime logic: the mamepatos could have clearly flown away but instead the are incapable of flight.

I could help to think that Team Rocket was sliping back into their old ways throught this whole episode especially have the meguroko dug a hole and sunk their bulldozer.

ShinyCharyZard
30th September 2010, 3:52 PM
Well Ash caught Mijumaru... as expected.

I can't help but laugh at the people who think Meguroko snickering at the end means its gonna follow in Jigglypuff's footsteps... I'd just like to point out that the Evil Togepi in Sinnoh never appeared again after it glared at the screen at the end of its episode.

Also, i know it probably wasn't intentional on the writers behalf and i dunno if anyone else actually noticed, but when the land where the wild Pokemon were stood split, the water running around it formed Team Aqua's symbol. Not sure why i noticed this, but it made me smile. Take a look (http://serebii.net/anime/pictures/bestwishes/662ps9.shtml)

Cobalt_Latios
30th September 2010, 5:40 PM
Also, i know it probably wasn't intentional on the writers behalf and i dunno if anyone else actually noticed, but when the land where the wild Pokemon were stood split, the water running around it formed Team Aqua's symbol. Not sure why i noticed this, but it made me smile. Take a look (http://serebii.net/anime/pictures/bestwishes/662ps9.shtml)
That is simply way too convenient.

I have to say, Meguroko, as expected, is pretty cool. I'm glad that Ash finally gets Mijumaru, and the whole "cannot caught what has already been caught" schtick has been maintained. Not sure why Ash had forgotten about that...

Also, I hadn't known that meguroko could act like army ants.

Overall, a very... "simple" capture episode, but overall it was decent.

C_L

Locormus
30th September 2010, 5:54 PM

Well, you have to consider that they only have Meowth and Koromori.. Koromori has nothing against Ground/Dark and Meowth isn't going to handle that many pokemon..

I liked this episode but like some have said this could have been split into two episodes.

Meguroko is now one of my favorite isshu pokemon. I also never understood the second half of the episode. I thought that the megurokos were forcing the pokemon to go near the gysers. Plus this has to be anime logic: the mamepatos could have clearly flown away but instead the are incapable of flight.

I could help to think that Team Rocket was sliping back into their old ways throught this whole episode especially have the meguroko dug a hole and sunk their bulldozer.

The Meguroku probably acknowledged their scary appearance and knew that their help would only scare the cute pokemon, so they abducted pokemon from trainers, hoping their trainers would come after them, see the ordeal and help the pokemon.. As the Meguroku knew (with their ground pokepower...) that the mountain was going to blow up..

That's what I think..

Well Ash caught Mijumaru... as expected.

I can't help but laugh at the people who think Meguroko snickering at the end means its gonna follow in Jigglypuff's footsteps... I'd just like to point out that the Evil Togepi in Sinnoh never appeared again after it glared at the screen at the end of its episode.

That's a very very quick observation you made! Lol.. Yeah, the Meguroku.. I wonder what it's going to do.. Stick with the good guys... Now that I look at it.. Iris' team wouldn't be too bad if she had:

- Kibago
- Pokabu
- Meguroku

Not that I don't want Ash to get Pokabu, but this is just a nice group of three! xD

Shego
30th September 2010, 5:57 PM
Well. It appears that Team Rocket didn't get blast off this time. I miss the old "Team Rocket blasting off". I can't believe that Ash forgetten that Mijumaru has already been owned. Iris is kind of simialir to Misty in many ways.

TicoPokemonMaster
30th September 2010, 6:29 PM
locormus thanks for clearing that up now that i think about your point is probably what the intention that the megurokos were going for.

Shego, I think that Ash didn't know where mijumaru came from. in the last episode he was stumped to see that a random mijumaru came to help him. It wasn't until his pokeball fail that it probably clicked that mijumaru was the one that came from Professor A ( can't spell her name).

Candy-Sama
30th September 2010, 7:27 PM
Quite a good episode. I agree that its was a bit fast-paced, but then again, would we really want to watch two episodes of Meguroko causing trouble at a hotel?

Anyway, the Meguroko bridge was nice, Mijumaru was adorable and those Mamepato were stupid for not just flying away. And Meguroko gets its very own evil laugh at the end.

9Tales
30th September 2010, 7:40 PM
And again the TR Trio manages to avoid a Blast Off. If they're not careful, I'm gonna start thinking they're actually competent now.

TheNewGuy
30th September 2010, 7:53 PM
Cool ep, but to me the "cuteness" of Mijumaru confirms one thing for me: it will not evolve.

Doesn't help that we're seeing Futachimaru in the next ep, either. I thought it'd be Ash's starter powerhouse (ie, the new Charizard/Sceptile/Infernape) but it seems like it'll be more like a second Pikachu or, god forbid, a Piplup clone. Unless the writers spring a surprise and turn Mijumaru into some kind of coming-of-age story where it learns not to be so...cute and matures into one of Ash's more reliable team members, and becomes the fully-evolved water starter, the name of which escapes me.

Yeah, decent ep though. Team Rocket keeping their stylish overcoats and general new-found badassery is awesome.

TsukiMirage
30th September 2010, 8:06 PM
A simple but decent episode. The Meguroko were quite interesting and I'm glad to see Team Rocket is still working effectively. That's a good sign, I had though they would have return to being a joke by now. As thought, Mijumaru was caught, Though I didn't think Ash would have needed to receive it's pokeball to do so. The interaction between Ash and Iris was nice and I can't wait to see where it goes.

Almighty Zard
30th September 2010, 8:14 PM
Well, you have to consider that they only have Meowth and Koromori.. Koromori has nothing against Ground/Dark and Meowth isn't going to handle that many pokemon

Koromori has Air Slash, and it's not like the crocs could've attacked it well unless they just conviently knew rock moves.

Call it what you will but to me they chickened out just to avoid the pain.

Cool ep, but to me the "cuteness" of Mijumaru confirms one thing for me: it will not evolve.

This isn't the best place to discuss this but I disagree, Ash has gotten pokemon before that seemed cute at first but still ended up evolving. Besides if it was as cute as Piplup or Torchic, they would've given it to Iris(do not use the "But she's a dragon trainer" excuse because Misty and Brock both caught pokemon that didn't follow thier primary types as well.) instead for the "girl with cute starter" factor and even May's Torchic evolved eventually.

I just really hope the croc at the end don't follow the group.

Rikudo Sennin
30th September 2010, 8:52 PM
I'm loving Mijumaru even more! that thing is just too cute/funny.

For the people that are saying that the episode was too fast-paced - it was, but not to the point were it was sloppy; it was highly enjoyable - they DID say that Best wishes would be more fast-paced than the previous sagas...which I think is a good thing. I hope he doesn't catch Pokabu the next episode tough, he'll be down to a party of 4 pokemon in 4 episodes...That and I don't want to sit around for another 4 years to watch this end, I'll be out of College by then :O

And I don't think meguroko is going to follow the group. I think that speculation came from the discussion BEFORE this episode aired, when people thought ash was going to capture it. It doesn't really fit in with ash, if you ask me.

And like TicoPokemonMaster said (PURA VIDA BTW xDDD) Ash didn't know that Mijumaru was the same one from Araragi's lab, not even when he saved them the first time. I'm really glad he's part of the team, I'm sure it'll be one of Ash's powerhouses this gen.

TheNewGuy
30th September 2010, 8:55 PM
Mijumaru is different though, I think you'll agree. The whole "pushing Pikachu off the shoulder" thing etc... I dunno, it doesn't strike me as something that will evolve. Seems like it will be a fan favourite in its current form. Like, Chimchar was cute, but it was always going to evolve.

RickHoenn
30th September 2010, 9:51 PM
Ash captured the adorable Mijumaru, I love that little thing, it's just so cute! xD

Mayfan
30th September 2010, 10:57 PM
Mijumaru's utter cuteness is making me not want it to evolve.

uber gon
1st October 2010, 12:18 AM
Wonder if Mijumaru's evos will keep their cuteness? That would be hilarious.

Gaiash
1st October 2010, 12:23 AM
Wonder if Mijumaru's evos will keep their cuteness? That would be hilarious.
Futachimaru could but Daikenki wouldn't be able to pull it off. If Mijumaru evolves I don't see it evolving past Futachimaru.

Blitz Lucario
1st October 2010, 1:01 AM
Well I had a good feeling that Mijumaru would be caught in this episode. But the Meguroko at the end makes me wonder. Is it going start stalking the group and if it does it makes you wonder who will catch it.

BlueDragonfangirl
1st October 2010, 1:01 AM
I'm so glad Ash caught Mijumaru, its my favorite starter, it has tons of personality and its adorable. I'm liking all the AshxIris interaction, love how Ash was all "Your following me!" And than Iris switched it to that he's following him bahaha fun. Over all we are off to a good start, can't wait for episode four.

thunderblade12
1st October 2010, 1:09 AM

Doesn't help that we're seeing Futachimaru in the next ep, either. I thought it'd be Ash's starter powerhouse (ie, the new Charizard/Sceptile/Infernape) but it seems like it'll be more like a second Pikachu or, god forbid, a Piplup clone. Unless the writers spring a surprise and turn Mijumaru into some kind of coming-of-age story where it learns not to be so...cute and matures into one of Ash's more reliable team members, and becomes the fully-evolved water starter, the name of which escapes me.

Yeah, decent ep though. Team Rocket keeping their stylish overcoats and general new-found badassery is awesome.

Charmander and Chimchar were cute but they evolved. And we seen Grovyl, Torterra, and Monferno prior to the evolution into them. A main character owning Torterra didn't stop Ash from getting one either. Another rival of Ash's also had a Sceptile.

One thing I really didn't like about this episode is that it had literally zero action. So far we're only aware two of Mijumaru's moves in three of it's episodes. Meguroku didn't do anything but Bite and Dig and we still don't even know any of Kibago's moves. Only one episode after their capture and we haven't seen Koromori or Mamepato yet. Hope that isn't a sign for what's to come.

TicoPokemonMaster
1st October 2010, 1:42 AM

I think you can recall a certain johto grass starter who was 'cute" and knock pikachu off of Ash as well. that little grass starter evolved(bayleef). Like someone else said maybe it will just evolve into a Futachimaru. At least he would have an evolved water starter.

uber gon
1st October 2010, 2:08 AM
Futachimaru could but Daikenki wouldn't be able to pull it off. If Mijumaru evolves I don't see it evolving past Futachimaru.

No it's definitely evolving. Same for the bird.

TicoPokemonMaster
1st October 2010, 2:26 AM

in your opinion come league time Ash's team will be Pikachu, Mamepato, Mijumaru, add three other unevolved pokemon. way to be optemistic.

Gaiash
1st October 2010, 2:51 AM
No at the moment we have no way of knowing and there are several reasons why they would keep it as Mijumaru. The main reason is that it is marketable. Like I said if it evolves I don't see it going past Futachimaru.

Also why bring up Mamepato? I never said anything about it's chances of evolving.

Cobalt_Latios
1st October 2010, 3:49 AM
One thing I really didn't like about this episode is that it had literally zero action. So far we're only aware two of Mijumaru's moves in three of it's episodes. Meguroku didn't do anything but Bite and Dig and we still don't even know any of Kibago's moves. Only one episode after their capture and we haven't seen Koromori or Mamepato yet. Hope that isn't a sign for what's to come.
Judging by the title of the next episode, I'm thinking we'll probably see some more of Mijumaru's attacks... and an appearance of Mamepato.

I'd say, it's still pretty damn early.

C_L

9Tales
1st October 2010, 5:31 AM
Anyone else sense a new Chikorita? Mijumaru seems very fond of Ash.

Super-Staff
1st October 2010, 5:38 AM
I don't want Meguroku as a recurring pokemon. ): I liked it, but I'm not so sure if it would work as well as with the past ones.

Lorde
1st October 2010, 9:33 AM
Well I thought I'd go ahead and write a quick review of this new Best Wishes episode while I have time off to focus more on the new Pokemon Best Wishes anime series lol. Well it was certainly interesting to see Ash and Iris trying to out-walk each other at the start of the episode; if only they all did this to begin with, we'd have gotten to all the cities and towns in the anime so much faster. Anyway, my cute little stalker Pokemon Mijumaru comes out from it's hiding place to greet Ash which I thought was really cute. Our lovable anime writers thought kids had forgotten the events of the previous episode, so naturally we got a flashback of previous events. I guess it's just how things happen in this anime eh?

Ash scanned it in his new Isshu Dex which is what Ash does, though I still have no idea why that thing displays the Pokemon's body from like 50 different angles (exaggeration). Ash recalled having met Mijumaru before and Mijumaru seems to have been feeling in the mood for a hug which seems to have surprised Ash and made Pikachu a bit upset. Hey, that's Pikachu's bread and butter you're effing with! Pikachu then said something in it's own language and I laughed at how utterly cute it sounded. Though Iris thought another Pokemon was utterly cute; Mijumaru. Or should that be "otterly" cute? Well either way, she seemed very fond of the little stalker and tried babying it but it didn't like her as much as he liked Ash. It then pushed Pikachu off of Ash's shoulder? Whoa!

I was shocked, and so was Ash apparently when Pikachu's Thunderbolt bounded off Mijumaru's shell and hit him haha. Ash then decided to capture Mijumaru since that's apparently what Mijumaru wanted in the first place, but the Pokeball didn't work since Mijumaru already belonged to Professor Araragi. I loved Mijumaru's face when it hit him in the head though haha. So Ash and Iris went to 7-Eleven to get it's Pokeball from Araragi-hakase via videophone since she wanted Ash to have Mijumaru I assume. Mijumaru went missing so Ash and Iris went to look for it but they fall in a pit. Something about this made me think of Team Rocket but it was actually made by Meguroko, thanks to generic character-of-the-day boy's explaination. Before we get more of an explaination though, Team Rocket also falls for a pit trap haha. Ironic.

We finally get to know more about the character of the day kid and Ash once again scans a Pokemon in his Isshu Dex; this time it was Meguroko, this episode's key Pokemon. The character of the day boy took Ash and friends to his mansion-like house where his family apparently ran a spa of some sort, yet it was trashed ironically. In a flashback, we saw that it was those pesky Meguroko who ruined the spa resort with their holes and stuff; typical Filler story basically. Ash then took the oppurtunity to take a sandbath which was kind of a jerk-move on his part; how was that helping poor generic COTD kid? Team Rocket went back to stalking Ash and Pikachu from afar as usual, at least they're consistent though. Ash then remembered his main problem at the time; finding the missing Mijumaru!

However it didn't take long as Mijumaru was also taking a sandbath. I thought it looked freaking adorable with it's shell on it's forehead; I love this Water Pokemon! After the commericial break, that main Meguroko, the one with glass, came out of the sand and snatched Kibago with it's teeth. Hahaha! What? It almost looked like Meguroko was going to eat it too. Anyway Ash wanted to play the hero and attack it with an Electric move but Iris was worried about Kibago and the move wouldn't have worked on Ground-type Meguroko anyway. Everyone tried to save Kibago, but when they did, that effing Meguroko took Pikachu's arm and Mijumaru's foot in it's mouth! God I hate that thing, hope it dies. Anyway, here's what I don't get; Team Rocket trapped Meguroko with a magnet. How is that even possible when Meguroko isn't made of metal?

All ridiculousness and illogical crap aside, I love Team Rocket's new motto and wish it had been used back in DP since it screams awesomeness haha. I their attempt to get away with Pikachu, Team Rocket tossed a smoke bomb at Ash and Iris which looked a lot more like an active grenade to me. Kind of iffy. Just as Team Rocket plans their next move, all the wild Meguroko come and attempt to bury Team Rocket's machine which seems like the obvious thing for them to do. I loved the Isshu Gym Leader music that played at that point though! Meguroko then dropped off Pikachu and Mijumaru at some rocky area with wild nervous-looking Shikijika, Minezumi, and Mamepato. Hot water geysers start appearing everywhere and I'm here freaking out and the suddeness of it all lol. That hot water started creeping close to the Pokemon yet those Meguroko kept leading the others there for some reason.

Character of the day kid comes up with some sort of theory, but Ash is more interested in Pikachu and Mijumaru to care much. The geysers go crazy and create a sea of hot water, trapping the wild Isshu Pokemon on a rock in the middle. I laughed when Ash burned his foot trying to help them though, I'm just mean. The wild Meguroko surprised me when they started getting into all sorts of groovy positions and they built a bridge for the wild Pokemon to use in order to cross the hot water (why couldn't the Mamepato just fly?). I guess they were good afterall. Ash helped convince the shy wild Isshu Pokemon to cross the Meguroko bridge and he even assisted in helping them all cross over safetly. I was just laughing out loud when that one geyser went straight at Ash even though they usually erupt upwards, not at an angle.

Mijumaru does a great thing though and protects Ash from the boiling hot water of the geyser by using it's own Water-type attack against it. However, I was shocked when Mijumaru fell towards the boiling hot water below. No!! Thankfully, Ash returned Mijumaru into Professor Araragi's Pokeball, therefore saving it from certain doom via getting boiled alive and officially capturing the little stalker. Thank God, I can breathe easily now. Then right when Ash almost falls in himself, Iris saves him and it looked seriously cute. A Shipping moment maybe? Anyway when things are over and done with, we find Ash, Iris, Pikachu, and Mijumaru in one of the hot springs at the spa. Fanservice maybe? Anyway, it all ends with yet another sappy moment, though that Meguroko with glasses ruined things with it's creepy laugh. I still have NO idea what the heck was up with that one. Anyway, interesting third episode. Not fun exactly, but better than expected to say the least. I'm a fan. 8/10.

Pink Lapras
1st October 2010, 10:10 AM
A shipping moment? There were tons of shipping moment, and that's just looking at the pics. AshxIris or AshxDawn... who to choose...

Cazak
1st October 2010, 10:12 AM
Just saw the episode pictures, and this was a decent episode from what I can make out, but Mijumaru is more like Bayleef than I thought. I'd like to see when they meet each other.

SoulSilverMstr411
1st October 2010, 10:17 AM
I hope Ash obtains pokemon at a much slower rate than recent years. I don't want him to have a full party before we even reach the third gym. This would mean more speculation as to what his Grass, Fire and "Other" types will be.

Cazak
1st October 2010, 1:15 PM
Ash could also have reserves. I particularly like him to fill out his even, and then Oak, release, send for training, whatever, just to see him with more poke'mon. Although, I won't want it to hurt the quality though i.e not give him so many poke'mon that he can't handle, or more importantly that the writers can't handle when it comes to the league(especially if it means using previous generation poke'mon).

gliscor&yanmega
1st October 2010, 2:39 PM
Nice episode. I'm glad I got to see my favorite 5th gen Pokemon early on in the show, now hopefully it will show up more and be on the main cast just so I can see it more.

Team Rocket still haven't blasted off yet. I hope it stays that way, it was nice at first but now they have gotten really serious, changing it would be a waste in my opinion.

Ash gets Mijumaru, not a surprise. It was funny how when he tried to catch it it failed since it already belonged to someone(Araragi in this case), I think I mentioned something about that before Best Wishes aired, how there was no red light when the ball was thrown meaning it was already owned(Same thing happened to Pokabu in one of the previews we had a month or so ago).

Meguroko at the end was funny. I hope it does follow Ash and show up time to time, eventually leading to a capture.

Cazak
1st October 2010, 5:11 PM
Ash will probably catch Pokabu or Tsujarata(with the pig being more likely) at first, and to have Meguroko follow so long, I just can't see that.

Shneak
1st October 2010, 10:13 PM
Did Iris attack Meguroko when it had Kibago in it's mouth? She was totally wrestling it.

Lee-san
1st October 2010, 11:32 PM
Hm, to be honest, I was a bit disappointed with this episode. The plot was pretty weak and we didn't see Kibago do anything again..on the plus side, Team Rocket didn't "blast off again" either and Mijumaru was amazing as always.

Magical Needle Smash
1st October 2010, 11:52 PM
I think it was a bit odd that the pigeon was nowhere to be seen this episode. When the group set off to look for Mijumaru would have been the best time to bring it out to search from the sky. It was just captured in the last episode, and it's already being ignored.

The new music for this series is still great, but in the effort to keep things new and fresh, I hope they don't decide to pass over older material too much. There's a great variety of older music that's still amazing.

TurtwigFan1
1st October 2010, 11:57 PM
It was an OK episode, what with the Mijumaru capture. But the plot seemed a bit off IMO, when I actually understand it I'm sure it'll be much better but there you go. Nice to see TR being all professional again, I loved it when they jumped out the hole and were all smooth and secret agent-y ;)

Lee-san
2nd October 2010, 12:50 AM
I think it was a bit odd that the pigeon was nowhere to be seen this episode. When the group set off to look for Mijumaru would have been the best time to bring it out to search from the sky. It was just captured in the last episode, and it's already being ignored.

The new music for this series is still great, but in the effort to keep things new and fresh, I hope they don't decide to pass over older material too much. There's a great variety of older music that's still amazing.

Speaking of Mamepato..

WHY DIDN'T THOSE "TRAPPED" WITH THE OTHER POKEMON AT THE END JUST FLY AWAY?

Seriously, that made no sense at all.

_Taidow_
2nd October 2010, 12:53 AM
Where was Mamepato in all of this?

And speaking of mamepato, why didn't the Mamepato just fly away since the beginning?

Miju is awesome. I love it.

EDIT: WOAH! I got Ninja'd by three minutes!

Lorde
2nd October 2010, 1:00 AM
Speaking of Mamepato..

So then I'm not alone, yay!:

The wild Meguroko surprised me when they started getting into all sorts of groovy positions and they built a bridge for the wild Pokemon to use in order to cross the hot water (why couldn't the Mamepato just fly?).

I asked this too, though nobody bothered answering since it seems kind of obvious that this is an anime, therefore, it is a piece of fiction. I asked it rhetorically since I knew the writers just had the Mamepato there for show and that they hadn't really planned to do much else with them. It was just convenient for the writers to add Mamepato since we'd seen them before. Better than adding some other Pokemon.

Gaiash
2nd October 2010, 2:56 AM
Speaking of Mamepato..

I thought the same thing. I was trying to think if maybe the dialogue might have said something like their wings being damaged or something but then when everyone else started crossing they flew off anyway.

CyberCubed
2nd October 2010, 7:41 AM
Meh episode to be honest. Next week should be better.

Pink Lapras
2nd October 2010, 7:52 AM
Plenty of AshxIris moments though. I'm hoping this becomes canon. Ash and Iris accusing each other of following each other is pretty funny.

Raichu:)
2nd October 2010, 9:34 AM
hey does anyone know where to watch an english subbed version of this ep.

thebluemarc
2nd October 2010, 1:19 PM
I don't get why Megurou needed to "kidnap" Pikachu and Mijumaru. Can someone explain it to me?

Cazak
2nd October 2010, 1:59 PM
I don't get why Megurou needed to "kidnap" Pikachu and Mijumaru. Can someone explain it to me?

Yeah. I have the same question. Why did it bring the two to the pack, and then release them?

pokemonloverXD
2nd October 2010, 4:50 PM
Ok ep to me, it was kinda hard to understand still it was nice. I really love Mijumaru in this ep, it was just so cute ^^

Desecrator
3rd October 2010, 2:22 AM
Of course Mijumaru will evolve - just like stunning couture diva Chikorita did. Because of it's marketable cuteness it should take quite some time though. I'm just frustrated that Ash had to catch that fugly bird. It's my least favourite early-routes bird pokemon ever. -_-"

Snegy
3rd October 2010, 2:26 AM
Even though Iris does not have the notorial personality she very much needed to set her apart from the other girls and make this series even better, I like where the writers are going with the "traveling with Ash for no obvious reason" thing. At the start of the episode, Ash's actually asking her why is she following him, to what she replies he's the one following her! Eventually, though, she confirms she figured Ash didn't know the region enough to walk around alone and she decided to go with him... She complains he can't even thank her. Also, if anyone's interested, she confirms she's a pokémon trainer later on.

The start of the episode was very awesome. Mijumaru really is a great pokémon and the whole showing up outta the blue and begging to be Ash's really was cool. Too bad it followed with that Meguroko storyline. That's what should be avoided nowadays in the anime.

Meguroko dragged Miju and Pika because it wanted to warn everybody about the upcoming events, showing the pokémon they were trying to save. Ash later said it attacked Kibago because it wanted to alert about the upcoming problem, too.

Anyways, overral it was a nice episode and I like how they're managing Team Rocket and Iris. Let's see what's up next!

Juputoru
4th October 2010, 4:23 AM
-Haha Ash is actually asking why the hell Iris is following him.
-And now they're trying to walk faster than each other! I know this level of aggressiveness won't last long, but it'll be hilarious until it dies and gets replaced with "Iris and Ash are best buds 4ever ^_^"
-Iris calling Ash a kid is going to be her schtick, isn't it?
-Hey, it's Stalkermaru! And the OP!
-I still can't get over TR's balloon not being a Meowth anymore. It just feels so...wrong. Even in flashbacks.
-Iris thinks Mijimaru is cute. I agree!
-Haha, Miji bumped Pikachu off Ash's shoulder.
-Pikachu does not approve of letting Miji into the team. Bah, who cares about that rat's opinion.
-Ash finally figures out that Miji is the one from Araragi's. Luckily for him, Araragi doesn't mind letting Miji travel with him. Like anyone couldn't see THAT one coming.
-Megurkoko's kind of an *******. But Pokemon are never assholes for no reason(aside from that one Teddiursa in Johto and that one Togepi in DP)...
-Ash, taking your clothes off and burying yourself in sand is not how you help characters of the day. Have you forgotten EVERYTHING from the past four generations?
-Here comes Meguroko! Cue the Jaws theme!
-How the hell is Meguroko being held up by that...thing...TR's using?
-TR's gone, the Meguroko let Miji and Pikachu free in front of a group of...random wild POkemon? That look worried? Oh god this is totally another "HUMANS BUILDING THINGS DESTROYS POKEMON TERRITORY, WHICH MAKES THE POKEMON SAD" episode, isn't it?
-Or geisers are erupting everywhere and everyone has to get out now. Either one works.
-Brilliant idea Ash. Running into the BOILING HOT WATER is sure to turn out well.
-brb writing my congressmen to get him to fund goddamn alligator bridges in my area.
-...you know, why are the Mamepato so worried? I mean, they have wings! They can fly away!
-Everything's settled except for one pressing question...just where did that one wild Meguroko get a pair of glasses?
-Oak just won't go away, will he? Now he has a Pokemon Live Caster bit(and it's EXACTLY that, mind you - it's said in hilarious Engrish when the segment starts). Come on, let Araragi do it or something! I'm sick of Oak!

ShadowDragon16
6th October 2010, 4:43 AM
I was wondering about that one Meguroko with the sunglasses. Team Rocket ran into it in the hole it dug, next thing its behind them. Could James have caught it off screen?

thebluemarc
7th October 2010, 12:04 AM
If James caught it off-screen, do you think the megoroku would attack the TR mecha?

jolteonjak
7th October 2010, 4:12 PM
Finally saw the episode. Agreed, that it was kinda meh, but Mijumaru more than makes up for it with its squishiness-quality!

arceus7
7th October 2010, 6:18 PM
I watched it at gogoanime, with subs, lol at how mijumaru showed it liked ash and deflected the electricity with his shell and hit ash. Lol at iris being a noob as well, how about serebii posting a link instead of the stupid episode pictures

gliscor&yanmega
7th October 2010, 9:27 PM

Well the sub of it explained that Meguroko was trying to warn people to move out of the area because of the hot spring. So maybe it took Pikachu and Mijumaru so Ash and the other would follow, thus keeping them out of danger. It is rather hard if you don't understand the language or you're not watching it with subs.

I was wondering about that one Meguroko with the sunglasses. Team Rocket ran into it in the hole it dug, next thing its behind them. Could James have caught it off screen?

I don't see how you drew that conclusion. If it was caught wouldn't it have went with James? And it didn't seem like James, Jessie, or Meowth understood why the thing followed them(At less that's what the sub says).

Sponge
7th October 2010, 10:38 PM
I came here to post this but it seems like others have had the same idea...

I just watched this episode and I'm confused as to why the Mamepato didn't just fly away? O.o

On another note, it seems to me like Ash's Mamepato is just another flier pokemon for the inevitable sky searching....:/

Cazak
10th October 2010, 2:26 PM
Also, if anyone's interested, she confirms she's a pokémon trainer later on.

I wonder if she'll do gyms(although she is a gym leader).

Krizor
12th October 2010, 6:54 PM
Mijumaru's capture was very different, I like how they didn't completely disregard the rule that you can't capture an already captured Pokemon and Ash had to obtain it in the proper manner.

Other than that, this episode was pretty boring.

Cazak
13th October 2010, 4:14 PM
I agree. Mijumaru was the only thing that kept the plot interesting(for like 10 mins), otherwise it was kind of boring.

Battra
2nd November 2010, 10:43 PM
Hmm do I sense Mijumaru being the new Chikorita for Ash on his journey through Isshu. Grats to Ash for getting his first Isshu starter that brings his count up to 3, also this makes his 3rd Water Pokemon starter, which he hasn't has since Johto. Interesting seeing this episode it's alot like the 1st appearance of the Squirtle Squad, wonder if the Meguroko is going to be joining Ashes team by the way it appeared at the end.

G50
19th February 2011, 12:58 PM
This episode was very cool. It was great to see Ash catch Mijumaru at the end. Meguroko is a really cool Pokemon, it was cool seeing the group of Meguroko clamp together to form a bridge and help the stranded Pokemon get accross. It was odd seeing the Mamepeto being scared to cross at 1st even though they could've just flown over in the 1st place. It was funny seeing Mijumaru join Ash in the sandbaths the 1st time. It was funny when Mijumaru deflected Pikachu's thunderbolt to hurt Ash instead.

It was odd to see when Mijumaru got hurt by the Pokeball.

70/100

-----

Edit - CN's re-airing remembered to show WTP!

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)
19th February 2011, 2:39 PM
good episode but wheres whose that pokemon?

Electric
19th February 2011, 3:34 PM
I just saw this on Cartoon Network, and it was pretty cool (except it was a filler episode, but not as worse as DP) but Ash did get Oshawott which was pretty cool. Overall, I like the dub so far.

There was no Who's that Pokemon, for some reason.

lolipiece
19th February 2011, 3:34 PM
Who's that Pokemon?

What happened CN?

the1stpkmnfan
19th February 2011, 3:35 PM
Good episode. The interaction between Ash and Iris is really growing on me, and far better for a good start.

After today's episode, Oshawott continues to be a bundle of precious. Now I wish I had my own.

Sandile was pretty cool too, I've been waiting to see it in the anime showcase. The glasses one is really interesting too. Hope Ash catches someday soon.

The sand springs was also a good one; it was pretty funny Ash/Pikachu/Axew all enjoyed the sand relaxation when they were suppose to be finding Oshawott. Then they see Oshawott is relaxing in the sand too. xD Oh, so precious.

And this was strange, no "Who's that Pokemon?"?

SmartD
19th February 2011, 3:36 PM
It was a good episode. Ash gets Oshawott's Pokeball and the sunglasses Sandile appears. There was no Who's that Pokemon today for some reason, but maybe they'll do some from time to time.

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)
19th February 2011, 3:37 PM
I BET YOU CN THOSE BASTARDS HAVE CUTTED IT OUT!!!!

1 REASON' they got told of by tcpi that they cutted out the zoroark movie if this is true there might be a station switch :D

Performance
19th February 2011, 3:38 PM
Hmm... fine episode, the dub is going well so far. I liked it.
There were no huge surprises to me in this one, other than Ash getting Oshawott, which was no surprise, but still something.
I'm glad to see Sandile in the anime, pretty cool, dub voice was fine.
The leader must have been really strong to hold up that whole tower, though.

Overall, good episode.

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)
19th February 2011, 3:42 PM
here is my anger about wtp

1. tcpi wanted it there to promote the games
2. cartoon network once again disobeyed tcpi rulz and took it off
3. TCPI ARE GONNA RAGE AT CN' so they should
4. ash will turn his hat backwards and **** is gunna start

lolipiece
19th February 2011, 3:47 PM
I BET YOU CN THOSE BASTARDS HAVE CUTTED IT OUT!!!!

1 REASON' they got told of by tcpi that they cutted out the zoroark movie if this is true there might be a station switch :D

Calm down!

You have no idea what happened so stop blowing it out of proportion

Not even CN would cut something that's 5 seconds long

deoxysdude94
19th February 2011, 3:49 PM
Pretty good episode. I like how oshawott finally joined them. I liked the bridge of sandile, that was pretty creative. I think there is a hint sandile might be in a later episode, judging by the ending.

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)
19th February 2011, 3:51 PM
Calm down!

You have no idea what happened so stop blowing it out of proportion

Not even CN would cut something that's 5 seconds long

its actually 10 seconds and they managed to cut out 15 mins of the zoroark movie for commercials and cheap ratings for adventure time!!!

i swear it better not be cn or the whole pokemon crew will be flipping there hat backwards

Torpoleon
19th February 2011, 3:56 PM
Man, just shut the **** up. Who's that Pokémon isn't that important.

With the episode, I like that Ash gets Oshawott. Ash & Iris interacting a lot throughout the episode is nice and I liked the whole Sandile thing. I don't know why the Pidove were panicking because they could (and did) fly away.
9/10

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)
19th February 2011, 3:58 PM
Man, just shut the **** up. Who's that Pokémon isn't that important.

With the episode, I like that Ash gets Oshawott. Ash & Iris interacting a lot throughout the episode is nice and I liked the whole Sandile thing. I don't know why the Pidove were panicking because they could (and did) fly away.
9/10

wtp gave everyone nostalgic vibes like no other so many people enjoyed it even for a small 10 second segment and reported so EPIC FAIL!

Mr.Munchlax
19th February 2011, 4:00 PM
2. cartoon network once again disobeyed tcpi rulz and took it off
3. TCPI ARE GONNA RAGE AT CN' so they should

What are you talking about? I know they took out WTP but what do you mean disobey?

Also, I really liked how they made Sandile's voice sound like the Japanese version

Torpoleon
19th February 2011, 4:02 PM
wtp gave everyone nostalgic vibes like no other so many people enjoyed it even for a small 10 second segment and reported so EPIC FAIL!
All you are doing is simply complaining over a ten (fifteen?) second thing. As if the series being like Kanto wasn't enough. Man, just shut up. You're as rude as could be and I can't stand it any longer.

I don't think that "Who's that Pokémon?" is important, but it would be cool if it is brought back in future airings. Maybe TPCi just wanted it for the first two airings since they started the series?

I'm hoping that Oshawott doesn't turn into Squirtle & Totodile by not evolving. Now Ash has three Pokémon. Pretty cool. Would have been nice to see Ash's Pidove here for no particular reason but just to show up.

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)
19th February 2011, 4:02 PM
What are you talking about? I know they took out WTP but what do you mean disobey?

cartoon network took out the first 15 mins of the zoroark movie without tcpi permission and got into trouble for that' and was told not to do it again

and now they took out the reason why the opening was so short wtp one of tcpi main efforts to promote the new games

cn are so stuffed now ahahaha

The Eleventh
19th February 2011, 4:04 PM

Jeez. You're over-reacting to EVERYTHING. You just made up some random speculation about CN "disobeying" TPCi. You've made absolutely no sense, and have reported someone because of your own stupidity. Time to report you, I think.

tmega90
19th February 2011, 4:05 PM
This was another great episode. Oshawott was awesome once again. I liked how Ash and Iris were trying to run faster than each other and arguing over who was following who. Iris was cool and funny in this episode. Sandile was cool and it was very cool of him and his group to try and save the Pokemon and everyone. I am glad Ash got Oshawott. I like how Iris saved Ash, that was very cool! I was sad when there was not Whos That Pokemon. Hopefully next episode will have it. I thought this was an awesome episode. This is such an awesome season. I can't wait until next week.

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)
19th February 2011, 4:06 PM
Jeez. You're over-reacting to EVERYTHING. You just made up some random speculation about CN "disobeying" TPCi. You've made absolutely no sense, and have reported someone because of your own stupidity. Time to report you, I think.

i doubt there is a report for being right''

and cn did actually disobey cn '' if they didn't why did tcpi contacted them saying there not happy?

YOU SIR MAKE NO SENCE

The Eleventh
19th February 2011, 4:09 PM
i doubt there is a report for being right''

and cn did actually disobey cn '' if they didn't why did tcpi contacted them saying there not happy?

YOU SIR MAKE NO SENCE

Sorry, I can't understand anything you're saying. You're using too many tenses in the one sentence. You've made a stupid assumption with no evidence. Now, tell me where you're making sense.

Torpoleon
19th February 2011, 4:10 PM
I don't believe my post (if you are talking about mine) was reported since there isn't anything breaking the rules in it.

I don't really know if this is a spoiler since the end of BW003 did show SS (that's what fans call Sunglasses Sandile, dub only viewers) looking at Ash, or whatever. Basically, SS is a recurring Pokémon, just like Hippopotas and they are both Ground Types. I don't think Ash will catch SS. The writers probably love Ground Type Pokémon.

Mr.Munchlax
19th February 2011, 4:10 PM
cartoon network took out the first 15 mins of the zoroark movie without tcpi permission and got into trouble for that' and was told not to do it again

and now they took out the reason why the opening was so short wtp one of tcpi main efforts to promote the new games

cn are so stuffed now ahahaha

I had no idea they took the 15 minutes of the Zoroak movie out without permission. When did people start saying out? And if that was the reason WTP was taken out, what channel would the pokemon show be on now?

The Eleventh
19th February 2011, 4:13 PM
I had no idea they took the 15 minutes of the Zoroak movie out without permission. When did people start saying out? And if that was the reason WTP was taken out, what channel would the pokemon show be on now?

I hardly think they took it out "without permission". That user has no evidence to show that they did.

I don't believe my post (if you are talking about mine) was reported since there isn't anything breaking the rules in it.

I'm pretty sure (P.O.K.E.M.O.N.) reported your post. Exactly, there was nothing wrong with it. That's why I reported them.

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)
19th February 2011, 4:15 PM
http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/TPCi_not_happy_about_Cartoon_Network_movie_cut

look at this!! bud

Torpoleon
19th February 2011, 4:18 PM
WE KNOW YOU ****ING CRAZY LUNATIC!

Just shut the **** up already!! We are all sick of you!!!

If you reported my post, you'll be in a heap of trouble by the way since all you post is DUMB MEANINGLESS SPAM!

I think Oshawott showing affection like how it did with its face would leave you to believe it is female, right? We'll have to see about that......

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)
19th February 2011, 4:20 PM
I hardly think they took it out "without permission". That user has no evidence to show that they did.

I'm pretty sure (P.O.K.E.M.O.N.) reported your post. Exactly, there was nothing wrong with it. That's why I reported them.

WE KNOW YOU ****ING CRAZY LUNATIC!

Just shut the **** up already!! We are all sick of you!!!

If you reported my post, you'll be in a heap of trouble by the way since all you post is DUMB MEANINGLESS SPAM!

I think Oshawott showing affection like how it did with its face would leave you to believe it is female, right? We'll have to see about that......

i reported you cause you told me to shut the f up?

Mr.Munchlax
19th February 2011, 4:29 PM
Let's just change the subject:

I really liked how they made Sandile's voice sound like the Japanese version

I just thought I'd bring this up again ^. I know Sandile's voice didn't sound exactly like the Japanese one, but it was very similar in my opinion

Endoplasmic Reticulum
19th February 2011, 5:55 PM
Aww, one of the things I liked and respected about the new Anime was the return of Who's That Pokemon. But if it was only in the first two episodes, I'm incredibly disappointed...

Short Wing
19th February 2011, 6:37 PM
Awww, Oshawott is adorably awesome! I'm happy that Ash finally caught him, but it would have been interesting if it was stalking them for a while longer and jumping in to save them. It was definitely an interesting capture, with Ash already having its pokeball and saving it from being burnt by returning it.
So, this is the Sunglasses Sandile that pops up now and again, he's pretty cool, at least I think he's more interesting than Hippopotas. - I wonder where he got those sunglasses, maybe at the Hotsprings' resort gift shop?

AuraChannelerChris
19th February 2011, 6:42 PM
Did anybody notice the sound problem when Oshawott's flashback ended? There was a Poke Ball-Being-Opened sound after it.

Asrialys
19th February 2011, 6:45 PM
Oshawott's awesome. Leave it to the water starters to bring the entertainment.

And a new stalker has appeared...

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)
19th February 2011, 6:45 PM
Did anybody notice the sound problem when Oshawott's flashback ended? There was a Poke Ball-Being-Opened sound after it.

i noticed that lol

Adrexus
19th February 2011, 6:49 PM
I haven't watched the anime in a while but i'm glad I got back into it. Sandile kind of reminds me of the Squirtle with sunglasses from way back when. The scene with the pokemon surrounded by boiling water was neat to see. Although I wonder why the Pidoves wouldn't fly back first? Maybe its the whole "can't leave anyone behind" mentality that pokemon have.

Good episode though, can't wait until Ash gets Scraggy, that'll be interesting.

rocky505
19th February 2011, 6:57 PM
Okay I saw a problem with the episode. Why on earth could the pidove not fly off the small island surrounded by boiling water near the end? That was stupid.

AuraChannelerChris
19th February 2011, 7:03 PM
Okay I saw a problem with the episode. Why on earth could the pidove not fly off the small island surrounded by boiling water near the end? That was stupid.

Those Pidove better not be a Ground/Flying type with a big preference on ground.

Allelujah
19th February 2011, 7:36 PM

Don't be silly, a pokemon without a trainer couldn't possibly learn fly ... it's a HM.
(Just kidding)

Perhaps the pidove didn't want to leave anyone behind or they really wanted to be someone's dinner? Nice episode and I hope we'll see a lot of that blue samurai otter.

The Eleventh
19th February 2011, 8:12 PM
I haven't seen the episode yet, but perhaps it was too hot to fly across the water.

FunPika
19th February 2011, 8:51 PM
Aww, one of the things I liked and respected about the new Anime was the return of Who's That Pokemon. But if it was only in the first two episodes, I'm incredibly disappointed...

Assuming that Cartoon Network didn't pull this (http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/TPCi_not_happy_about_Cartoon_Network_movie_cut) off again. Or do it fairly and get permission to cut out WTP for moar advertising.

the1stpkmnfan
19th February 2011, 9:07 PM

Oh yeah! I noticed that, too. I didn't believe it was legit, so I thought I was going crazy lol.

And yet, Team Rocket's motto is still not getting my appeal. :/ It's like their saying too much in each of their lines, and it feels off when Meowth doesn't fully say "Meowth, now that's a name!" At least it almost rhymes with James, and their motto hardly has any rhythm at all.

Cobalt_Latios
19th February 2011, 9:10 PM
Oh yeah! I noticed that, too. I didn't believe it was legit, so I thought I was going crazy lol.

And yet, Team Rocket's motto is still not getting my appeal. :/ It's like their saying too much in each of their lines, and it feels off when Meowth doesn't fully say "Meowth, now that's a name!" At least it almost rhymes with James, and their motto hardly has any rhythm at all.
It's not like we'll be hearing it that often anyways...

oops.

/CL

Ψosiden
19th February 2011, 9:26 PM
I haven't seen the episode yet, but perhaps it was too hot to fly across the water.

This might work, but what really bugged me was they didn't walk across the bridge, they just flew off.

<Insight into a Pidove's mind>
OH thank god there's a bridge, now I can fly away safely :)

WisherWisherWish
19th February 2011, 9:38 PM
Directed towards (P.O.K.E.M.O.N), I couldn't care less if they ever use that silly eyecatch again. It's doesn't affect the story at all, you just guess what the silhoette is. So calm down and get over it.

My reason they even cut that silly thing out is because after the first two, 4Kids might of had copyright to "Who's That Pokemon?" and made it so TPCi couldn't use it anymore.
But I hardly care on the matter.

The episode was good, even though it was a filler and I do hope this Sandile becomes a more recurring character in future episodes.

Emperor Empoleon
19th February 2011, 9:47 PM
I like how the new Team Rocket Motto references Reshiram & Zekrom. Thats pretty cool..

This might work, but what really bugged me was they didn't walk across the bridge, they just flew off
I lol'd when that happened XD

And whoever Oshawott's VA is, I love their work :3

Allelujah
19th February 2011, 9:53 PM
Directed towards (P.O.K.E.M.O.N), I couldn't care less if they ever use that silly eyecatch again. It's doesn't affect the story at all, you just guess what the silhoette is. So calm down and get over it.

My reason they even cut that silly thing out is because after the first two, 4Kids might of had copyright to "Who's That Pokemon?" and made it so TPCi couldn't use it anymore.

The episode was good, even though it was a filler and I do hope this Sandile becomes a more recurring character in future episodes.

How can it be a filler if Ash gets a new pokemon? He did "get/catch" samurai otter at the beginning of this episode.

_Taidow_
19th February 2011, 10:01 PM
Great dub episode. I don't get all the complaining.

Orton155
19th February 2011, 10:48 PM
I quite enjoyed this episode Sandile was an interesting character but I would have liked a little bit more personality from it but unfortunately I saw that in the last two seconds of the episode when it giggled. Maybe I will see it again and it can develop its personality a bit more for the audience.

I'm glad oshawott has found Ash, seems a good pokemon for him and I expect we will see Oshawott knocking Pikachu off his perch (see what I did there? Probably not because I don't like it either). Looking forward to see Oshawott more seems like fun when it is around.

Overall good episode, but it wasn't as good as the opening episodes.

uncutpokemon
19th February 2011, 11:05 PM
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i222/uncutpokemon/who.jpg
Who's that Pokemon?

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i222/uncutpokemon/who2.jpg
It's Sandile!

any questions?

Cobalt_Latios
19th February 2011, 11:24 PM
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i222/uncutpokemon/who.jpg
Who's that Pokemon?

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i222/uncutpokemon/who2.jpg
It's Sandile!

any questions?
Well played good sir, well played! :D.

edit: Is it just me, or did Ted Lewis do the voice of that kid's dad? It sure sounded like him. Although, I doubt it...

Also, I noticed that early on Team Rocket were still trying to get Pikachu... I guess it changes once they get to the Dreamyard.

/CL

Lorde
19th February 2011, 11:52 PM
There were several issues with the sound in this episode. First off, the title card was missing a tiny piece of music (the sound of the Pokedex turning on). I also noticed that little error after Oshawott's flashback. I thought that maybe something was wrong on my end, but it seems that others have noticed. The biggest sound issue was Oshawott's voice. I mean really, what the heck? I thought that I'd get used to its dub voice by the third episode, but it sounded worse than it did in the previous two episodes (probably because it talked a lot more in this one). Its voice just makes my ears bleed. Every other voice is fine, even Meowth's (which I usually can't stand). It's just Oshawott's voice that bugs me to death. Anyway, apart from the sound issues, the dub of this episode was pretty good. Not as great as the first two episodes, but it was still decent. Oh and yes, Ted did voice Dan's father.

AuraChannelerChris
20th February 2011, 12:14 AM
While Black & White started off very nice, CN is trying TCPi's patience. Now that's a company that has a nice control of its own merchandise.

MidnightMelody
20th February 2011, 1:18 AM

Ash caught Oshawott

Sandile starts stalking Ash

Its not filler!

gliscor&yanmega
20th February 2011, 1:26 AM
The episode was good, even though it was a filler
It wasn't a filler. Ash got Oshawott.

When a character(That isn't a "character of the day") catches a Pokemon the episode is not a filler no matter what. And when a recurring character appears(In this case Juniper) appears it's also not a filler.

I like Sandile's dub voice, sounds good just like it's Japanese one. The episode had some good humor moments. Team Rocket is awesome.

Mr.Munchlax
20th February 2011, 1:35 AM
I just realized the guy who dubbed Dan was the guy who dubbed Roland from the Bertha episode "An Elite Meet & Greet"

Profesco
20th February 2011, 1:46 AM
I like Oshawott's voice well enough, but it's so breathy and cute that it's actually hard to hear. It's a little too quiet, I think. Maybe, as Oshawott starts displaying more of its apparent bravado, its voice will strengthen as well.

Also, Oshawott is tiny! He looks so little standing on the ground near Ash and Iris! X3

tmega90
20th February 2011, 1:57 AM
I like how Oshawott's shell is called a Scal Chop. It is like a Scallop.

lolipiece
20th February 2011, 2:25 AM
I like how Oshawott's shell is called a Scal Chop. It is like a Scallop.

Also known as Hotachi (Scallop Sword) in the Japanese version

I wonder what they'll call Samurott's Ashigatana (Sea Lion Katana)

American--Pi
20th February 2011, 3:09 AM
Parts I LOLed at:

-The beginning of the episode, when Ash and Iris were trying to overtake each other.
- Ash trying to catch Oshawott; the Pokeball bouncing off Oshawott's head was funny.
- Ash relaxing in the hot sand instead of finding Oshawott; man, that is SO Ash Ketchum.
- Ash trying to wade across the hot water to rescue the Pokemon. Come on, Ash, do you have ANY common sense?
- The Sandile making a bridge; it's so cute how they bite on each other. ;)

Parts I groaned at:

- No more "Who's That Pokemon". :(
- The Pidove being stuck. Really? They can fly, you know.
- Iris saving Ash. No, I'm not an anti-Negaishipper but HOW DID IRIS GET THERE SO FAST? She just appeared out of nowhere.

Overall, this episode was nice and fun. I like how Team Rocket retreated instead of picking the worse option, blasting off. It's also strange how Oshawott's Pokeball arrived for Ash so quickly... but oh well. ;)

garfield15
20th February 2011, 3:30 AM
but HOW DID IRIS GET THERE SO FAST? She just appeared out of nowhere.

Actually, I think you'll see this more later, but Iris is really athletic

AuraChannelerChris
20th February 2011, 4:25 AM

She's a wild girl of the jungle with an affinity to Dragon-type Pokemon.

-She swings with vines.
-She has Rapunzel hair with an adorable cute critter living inside of it.
-She wears clothes that really don't start any crazy perverted fanart.
-She ain't got no bike.
-She jumps high.
-Ash gets an apple, Pikachu gets one, IRIS GETS ALL.
-She's hyper a few times.

BlueDragonfangirl
20th February 2011, 4:51 AM
I've been really enjoying this series, Iris has been a fun character and Ash/Iris relationship is really fun. I liked seeing them fight over who's stalking whoXD

Shneak
20th February 2011, 5:10 AM
Mediocre episode, but I didn't like the japanese one anyway.

Liking the relationship between Ash and Iris. Her competitiveness with him is a breath of fresh air from Dawn.

vipsoccermaster
20th February 2011, 5:56 AM
Just watched this. It was still weird that Oshawott followed Ash here, and then Ash caught it near the end. It was pretty funny when Sandile screwed Team Rocket.

Cobalt_Latios
20th February 2011, 6:39 AM
No kidding. Opelucid city must train dragons... and ninjas!

/CL

Elxar
20th February 2011, 8:05 AM
-Ash-Iris reminds of Ash-Misty relationship only a notch lower.
-Worst Team Rocket Motto ever (no rhymes?)
-Oshawott's voice is not that cute and needs getting used too

MidnightMelody
20th February 2011, 1:34 PM
-Worst Team Rocket Motto ever (no rhymes?)

Really now? Really? They only started rhymed in the Pusa dub. sure at times they rhymed in the original dub but Pusa killed in. However there doing a great job with keeping this new series a direct version of the Japanese.

Nacreous
20th February 2011, 1:45 PM
Worst episode ever!

Dax
20th February 2011, 4:20 PM
So far, what I enjoy the most about the dub is Iris' voice. Clean, fitting and not annoying. I find it to be the best so far. Really enjoyed how it's not overdone like previous girls.

The episode was nothing fantastic. I find Oshawott's voice to be good yet for some reason I just want it to say Mijumaru.

Angry Ancestor
20th February 2011, 4:22 PM
Pretty enjoyable episode. I really like Iris a lot better than Dawn so far.

munchlaxboy
20th February 2011, 4:24 PM
-Oshawott's voice is not that cute and needs getting used too

I actually find it to be quite adorable.

"Oshawaaaa..."

WaterDragon trainer
20th February 2011, 5:27 PM
This episode was good. I'm a bit surprised that when Ash and Iris fell in a pit, he didn't assume that it might have been Team Rocket as I had assumed. I must admit that Sandile are cool pokemon and I felt that Ash should have caught one.

The Eleventh
20th February 2011, 5:52 PM
This episode was alright, but it wasn't too exciting. Iris made up for up it, though, and so did the music. I love the new TR and their motto. Was all (or most) of the Japanese music kept like it was in BW001 and BW002?

Zalman
20th February 2011, 7:06 PM
Why didn't the trapped Pidove just fly away? That made no sense to me.

AuraChannelerChris
20th February 2011, 7:08 PM
Worst episode ever!

Prove your nonsensical comment's reason.

BlackReshiram
20th February 2011, 7:37 PM
I thought this episode was quite good. I think Iris will prove to be a funny and helpful partner on Ash's journey through Unova. Oshawott was really cute too ^.^

Nacreous
20th February 2011, 7:42 PM
Prove your nonsensical comment's reason.

It was just incredibly dull>.>

_Nene_xX
20th February 2011, 7:42 PM
was there a whos that pokemon ?? i missed it :(

The Eleventh
20th February 2011, 8:36 PM
was there a whos that pokemon ?? i missed it :(

No, unfortunately, there wasn't a "Who's That Pokémon". I hope it wasn't a one-off event for the first two episodes.

AuraChannelerChris
20th February 2011, 8:41 PM
It was just incredibly dull>.>

Need moar description or else you actually liked the episode.

Satoshi's girl
20th February 2011, 9:47 PM
:D was a really amazing episode x was pretty good ^^ and im so looking forward to ep 5 <3

R_N
20th February 2011, 10:05 PM
No, unfortunately, there wasn't a "Who's That Pokémon". I hope it wasn't a one-off event for the first two episodes.

Possible that CN might have cut it for one reason or another, like they cut the opening sequence for the Zoroark movie.

garfield15
21st February 2011, 12:52 AM
It's pretty much said in the underground of the net that CN is the one who cut the WTP.

uncutpokemon
21st February 2011, 1:04 AM
But is there an official confirmation of it?

Robotic Wind
21st February 2011, 1:07 AM
I do find it strange that it was brought back in episodes one and two and then removed the following week.

Brumrha
21st February 2011, 2:10 AM
*sigh* I'm getting lazier & lazier each passing day...

The first episode of this saga had a hell of a way to start a new generation: with Zekrom's silouette inside a dark storm.

But this is when our usual Hum-drum Melodrama comes along: in a sandy resort, seemingly under assault from a pack of Sandiles. But as time passes, their were geysers erupting every-damn-where in a spectacular fashion.

Before we knew it, the sand resort transforms into a hot spa. Everything else is just another day in the office...

& the TR harassments still hasn't ceased!

Robotic Wind
21st February 2011, 2:24 AM
Yea, this episode isn't really my favorite. I think episodes 6,10,11 and 17 are the best and 20 is shaping up to be pretty good aswell.

CyberCubed
21st February 2011, 3:07 AM
This was the worst third episode of any saga.

DP3 had the first Ash Vs. Paul battle.

AG3 had Ash Vs. Norman at Petalburg Gym.

The third Hoenn and Sinnoh eps were MUCH better than this one. I'll take a major Ash battle over a bunch of Sandile anyday.

gliscor&yanmega
21st February 2011, 4:02 AM

The third Hoenn and Sinnoh eps were MUCH better than this one. I'll take a major Ash battle over a bunch of Sandile anyday.

Ash vs Norman was a major battle? I don't remember Ash being able to do much of anything in their first battle.

I don't see why you're judging the episode based on past episodes, it's not meant for that and just makes it seem like you're trying to find the smallest way to complain about the episode.

CyberCubed
21st February 2011, 4:34 AM
Ash vs Norman was a major battle? I don't remember Ash being able to do much of anything in their first battle.

Pikachu Vs. Vigoroth was still a major battle at the time, even if it wasn't treated as an official match.

Likewise the ep introduces Max, May's family, and pretty much kick starts what Hoenn was about.

Anyway, I was just comparing because this third episode was rather lame. Even going back, further, Johto's third ep was the capture of Heracross. Kanto's was capture of Caterpie.

Robotic Wind
21st February 2011, 4:36 AM
Unova's was the capture of Oshawott and begin Sandile to follow them. This episode, no matter how boring can be classified as a major episode.

Battra
21st February 2011, 5:25 AM
Has anyone ever clocked how fast Ash is throwing those Pokeballs? I wonder how many Pokemon have suffered concussions or severe brain damage cause Ash is chucking those things at Pokemon head's. Weird that "Who's that Pokemon" was left out have to see if future airings also leave it out. Looks like we got are new Jigglypuff/Snubull in Sandile hopefully it won't end up getting overused like the last two.

AuraChannelerChris
21st February 2011, 5:26 AM
Pikachu Vs. Vigoroth was still a major battle at the time, even if it wasn't treated as an official match.

Likewise the ep introduces Max, May's family, and pretty much kick starts what Hoenn was about.

Anyway, I was just comparing because this third episode was rather lame. Even going back, further, Johto's third ep was the capture of Heracross. Kanto's was capture of Caterpie.

Basically, you're one of those action-y kind of guys who dislike watching this kind of episode rather than one with real battles.

gliscor&yanmega
21st February 2011, 11:39 AM

Well that's just your opinion on it being lame, for me I enjoyed it. Sure seems like lots of other did as well.

Orton155
21st February 2011, 12:15 PM

I don't think thats fair on the B/W saga because you are comparing it to previous sagas. At least have the respect for the saga and comment on the episode as an item on its own.

Cobalt_Latios
22nd February 2011, 4:27 AM
I don't think thats fair on the B/W saga because you are comparing it to previous sagas. At least have the respect for the saga and comment on the episode as an item on its own.
Most, if not all people, will do that here on the forums every few topics. CC's is just a bit more blunt and to the point. Although, this was a sort of "slow" episode in some regards, it was nonetheless a decent one.

Just watch, it'll get better.

/CL

garfield15
22nd February 2011, 7:33 PM
I'll be fair in saying episode 3 is not the strongest indicator of the eventual future Best Wishes episodes since it's sorta bland and predictable. That said, I didn't really hate it.

CyberCubed
22nd February 2011, 9:21 PM
I'll be fair in saying episode 3 is not the strongest indicator of the eventual future Best Wishes episodes since it's sorta bland and predictable. That said, I didn't really hate it.

Without the capture, this ep is rather on par with the fillers of Johto.

Orton155
22nd February 2011, 10:54 PM
Most, if not all people, will do that here on the forums every few topics. CC's is just a bit more blunt and to the point. Although, this was a sort of "slow" episode in some regards, it was nonetheless a decent one.

Just watch, it'll get better.

/CL

Thats not the point I was trying to get across. What I was trying to say is that the episode should not be solely compared to previous sagas which was the case with CC's post. I think the episode should be given some credit on its own, or in some cases no credit if it may be.

I totally agree that it is inevitable that there will be comparison to other sagas I do it, but I think the episode should be commented without comparision even if its just a little bit.

RickHoenn
23rd February 2011, 2:57 AM
Without the capture, this ep is rather on par with the fillers of Johto.

Not all filllers of Johto were bad, there were some neat episodes, don't generalize.

Mr.Munchlax
23rd February 2011, 5:58 AM
Not all filllers of Johto were bad, there were some neat episodes, don't generalize.

Yeah, and now that there aren't as many fillers anymore, I'm actually starting to miss them & enjoy them

Cobalt_Latios
23rd February 2011, 6:56 AM
Thats not the point I was trying to get across. What I was trying to say is that the episode should not be solely compared to previous sagas which was the case with CC's post. I think the episode should be given some credit on its own, or in some cases no credit if it may be.
Makes sense. I guess I was trying to juggle two different opinions at once, and didn't really know which to go with.

I totally agree that it is inevitable that there will be comparison to other sagas I do it, but I think the episode should be commented without comparision even if its just a little bit.
Fair enough.

/CL

Powerage
23rd February 2011, 5:32 PM
Really now? Really? They only started rhymed in the Pusa dub. sure at times they rhymed in the original dub but Pusa killed in. However there doing a great job with keeping this new series a direct version of the Japanese.

Wait, are you serious? Team Rocket always rhymed in the original dub.

Prepare for trouble
And make it double
To protect the world from devastation
To unite all people within our nation
To denounce the evils of truth and love
To extend our reach to he stars above
Jesse, James (only part that doesn't rhyme)
Team Rocket, blasts off at the speed of light
Surrendr now, or prepare to fight
Meowth, that's right.

The whole motto in the original dub was a rhyme after rhyme.

Mr.Munchlax
23rd February 2011, 5:50 PM
Wait, are you serious? Team Rocket always rhymed in the original dub.

Prepare for trouble
And make it double
To protect the world from devastation
To unite all people within our nation
To denounce the evils of truth and love
To extend our reach to he stars above
Jesse, James (only part that doesn't rhyme)
Team Rocket, blasts off at the speed of light
Surrendr now, or prepare to fight
Meowth, that's right.

The whole motto in the original dub was a rhyme after rhyme.

I think AuraMaster's talking about them rhyming outside of the motto, for example:

Four Roads Diverged in a Pokemon Port: "What a Way to Beat the Heat! Cool & Calm & Rich!"

Or any of those other cheers they did after a boss fantasy

Battling a Thaw in Relations: "Infernape's Up! So Are We! A Happier Team You'll Never See!! Help the Twerp, Make the Bad Guy Slurp (or whatever that last word was)!!"

FlyAsADunsparce
25th February 2011, 3:56 PM
WOW

Just saw the Dutch Dub Version of this episode on DisneyXD Netherlands.

The Dutch voices seem to fit more than the English ones.

The strange thing was that the Dutch version did have ''Who's that Pokémon'' this episode, it was Sandile...

IatosHaunted
25th February 2011, 4:02 PM
I just watched the episode, and I don't know whether to laugh or be pissed that sandile stole the squirtle squad motif.

FlyAsADunsparce
25th February 2011, 4:06 PM
I do wonder why the Dutch version did have ''who's that pokémon'' in this episode, when the American didn't have one. Maybe Cartoon Network just messed up?

travisjb90
25th February 2011, 7:00 PM
This was another great episode. Oshawott was awesome once again. I liked how Ash and Iris were trying to run faster than each other and arguing over who was following who. Iris was cool and funny in this episode. Sandile was cool and it was very cool of him and his group to try and save the Pokemon and everyone. I am glad Ash got Oshawott. I like how Iris saved Ash, that was very cool! I was sad when there was not Whos That Pokemon. Hopefully next episode will have it. I thought this was an awesome episode. This is such an awesome season. I can't wait until next episode.

Mr.Munchlax
25th February 2011, 7:47 PM
I do wonder why the Dutch version did have ''who's that pokémon'' in this episode, when the American didn't have one. Maybe Cartoon Network just messed up?

I guess (P.O.K.E.M.O.N.) was right.

Rebeccag
26th February 2011, 1:06 AM
Enjoyed the episode liking the friendship of Ash And Iris. Glad that Ash got Oshawott and its quite cute as well. Loving Sandlle and liked how it saved the other pokemon as well. Liked the use of hot springs being used again as well and Dan wasnt that annoying really I found him quite cool.

Littlemyuu
26th February 2011, 1:20 PM
saw this ep yesterday, i really liked it...Oshawott is so cute

Lance The Champ
10th March 2011, 1:56 PM
Good to see Oshawott joining Ash's Unova team

hawkmbl
30th April 2011, 7:06 PM
I am surprised this is one of the very few fillers in Black and White. It's good to see the writers changing their motives.

I was really hoping Ash would catch the sandile with glasses though, it would be like the squirtle squad squirtle he caught in the first season, though it's still good he got Oshawott though.

_Taidow_
30th April 2011, 9:46 PM
I am surprised this is one of the very few fillers in Black and White. It's good to see the writers changing their motives.

I was really hoping Ash would catch the sandile with glasses though, it would be like the squirtle squad squirtle he caught in the first season, though it's still good he got Oshawott though.

How is it filler if Ash recieved/caught Oshawott in this episode?

The sandwich
1st May 2011, 9:53 PM
I am surprised this is one of the very few fillers in Black and White.

It's not a filler.

BurningSociety12345543210
2nd May 2011, 2:57 AM
Ash captured Oshawott. The episode isn't filler.

TheEpicGoomba
7th May 2011, 11:40 PM
I liked this episode. I'm glad Ash caught Oshawott. Sunglasses Sandile makes his debut he is one of my more favorite Pokemon. 7.5/10

Sert908
9th May 2011, 12:15 PM
Squirtle squad much?

TurtwigFan1
14th May 2011, 12:37 PM
Enjoyed this episode, the Sandile were awesome! I thought the COD (Dan was it?) had a weird voice but that might just be me. Really glad to see Oshawott joining Ash's team, I love that Pokémon!

25th May 2011, 10:50 PM
Squirtle squad much?

What would a Squirtle be doing in Unova? :)

Rainbowdashtheawesome
18th June 2011, 6:03 PM
What would a Squirtle be doing in Unova? :)

He's saying that it's just like the Squirtle Squad because it is a group of troublesome wild Pokemon of the same species all being led by one wearing sunglasses.

What I don't get in this episode is just why was Sandile magnetic? TR was able to pick up Sandile with that magnetic crane thing even though Sandile isn't a Steel-type or holding any metal (except maybe the screws holding the sunglasses together).

Mythicalzoe
20th July 2011, 1:03 AM
This episode made me love Sandile that is all

23rd September 2011, 11:40 PM
He's saying that it's just like the Squirtle Squad because it is a group of troublesome wild Pokemon of the same species all being led by one wearing sunglasses.

It's not really like the Squirtle Squad, because Sandile doesn't want Ash to capture him.

---------

Oshawott sort of reminded me of Pachirisu in this episode......also Ash trying to swim in boiling water? I didn't think he was THAT dumb. O_o Nice to see SG Sandile (Pikachu's rival) for the first time even though it never appeared in many episodes...... 6/10

ForgottenPearl
29th March 2012, 7:01 PM
Cool episode. Like other people, I was having flashbacks to earlier episodes. Iris and Ash bickering brought back fond memories of Misty, Oshawott's capture failing sorta reminded me of Charmander, and the Squirtle Squad glasses, of course. Not the exact same or anything, but it did tickle my nostalgia bone.

I thought it was super funny when Ash got zapped due to Oshawott's dodge at the beginning. ^_^ I enjoyed the episode overall, though I thought Sandile's voice could have been better. It seemed kinda off... Can't say why. :/

wobbanut
19th June 2012, 4:54 AM
Yay, the capture of Oshawott. I love that little guy. :D It's funny that it's the first time Ash didn't get the grass starter first, and his first lab pokemon since Pikachu. Plus, we get the debut of the sandile that Ash is about to catch in current U.S. episodes.

7/10

16th November 2012, 7:11 PM
This was way better than the boring episode before it. Ash catches Oshawott and meets Sandile. Also Iris wasn't as annoying as usual here. She made herself useful at least.

PokemontrainerY
22nd January 2014, 10:50 AM
This episode picked up where the previous episode left off. It started out good, but got boring after a while. I liked how Ash and Iris were trying to walk faster than each other, but Iris randomly starting to follow him seemed odd to me.

Anyway, it appears Iris wasn't the only one who followed Ash, that Oshawott from the previous episode did too. I didn't find Oshawott's shenanigas funny at all, he shouldn't have pushed Pikachu off of Ash's shoulder like that.

Later they found out that the Osawott is the same Oshawott from Prof. Juniper's lab. After understanding the situation Prof. Juniper trasfered Oshawott's pokéball to Ash, and also told him about Oshawott's tendency to wander off. Before Ash could return Oshawott into its Pokéball, the otter Pokemon was already gone. Thus making Ash and Iris search for the Pokémon.

The rest of the episode was dull, it was pretty much a "misunderstood Pokémon who's causin trouble for a reason" episode. It's weird how Sandile caught both Pikachu and Oshawott in its jaw, and they DIDN'T DO A THING! Geez, Pikachu could've easily escape by Iron Tail-ing that grumpy ground type Sandile, but No, Pikachu had to go with Sadile for the plot's sake. Iris and the others followed Sadile and found out their territory. Now Ash is gonna ..... run into Boiling hot water?? Ugh, the writers not only regressed Ash's skills, but his personality too. The Sandile making a bridge in order to help the wild Pokémon escape was cool, but it's weird how the Pidove were just sitting on the rock instead of flying away. Did they forget that they could fly? Oh well, at least Sandile started following Ash in this episode.

Overall it was an OK episode. Aside from a few funny moments, most of the episode was dull. Even though this episode wasn't that good, the dub was great. I'm glad TPCI kept all of the original Japanese music in this episode too, they should do this more often for dubbing the recent episode. Too bad CN cut the "Who's That Pokémon" segment for their stupid commercials, I hope it won't happen again.

Exeggudork
4th February 2014, 2:34 AM
Not a super exciting episode. But still fair. The scene with Iris and Ash bickering and trying to out speed each other was funny. Oh and at least Ash finally caught that freaking Oshawott after it stalked him for like..a few days.