PDA

View Full Version : My awesome 5th gen team

Raikou_fan
8th October 2010, 12:19 AM
My first thought when I put together this team was that I want ALL of them to be 5th gen pkmn. I'm not going to be sending anything from past gens to use in my team. I think this group has good type coverage, and not too many shared weaknesses.

Daikenki- The only starter that really appealed to me, and it's probly one of my favorite water types from this gen.
Nature: Timid
Ability:Shell Armor
-Surf
-Ice beam
-Boiling water
-Grass knot/Megahorn

Shanderaa- Possibly one of my favorite ghost types from any gen, and it has a massive sp.atk stat. I think it should be able to handle the many fighting types that came with this gen, along with all the new bug, and steel types. I would like to fit energy ball on this set somehow, but idk what the best way to do it is...
Ability: Shadow Tag
-Psychic
-Bursting Flame/Flamethrower/Purgatory
-Shadow ball
-Pain split/Calm Mind

Warubiaru- It was kind of a toss up bewteen Warubiaru and Doryuzuu, but I ended up deciding on Warubiaru just cuz I like how Warubiaru looks. Also, from what I've heard, Warubiaru is pretty much a beast in battle.
Ability: Overconfidence
Nature: Adamant
-Earthquake
-Crunch
-Stone Edge
-Fire fang

Ononokusu- In my opinion, probably the best dragon in this gen. It's stats are all great, and it learns dragon dance. This thing has the potential to be a real monster.
Ability:Mold Breaker
-Dragon Dance
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-Outrage/Dragon Claw

Denchura- Has great typing, and it's the first bug type that I've really ever considered using. Also, 100% thunder just makes it a beast.
Ability: Compound eyes
-Thunder
-Energy Ball
-Bug buzz
-Agility/Volt Change

Mebukijika- Here I was torn between Mebukijika and Doreida. I decided on Mebukijika for its more diverse movepool and ghost immunity.
Ability: Adamant/Jolly???
Ability: Herbivore
-Megahorn
-Jump Kick
-Wood horn
-Thunder wave/Wild bolt

As you can see, there are a few moveslots I'm not sure about. Also, I'm not really good at EV planning, and I haven't really tried to work that out a whole lot yet anyway. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Please RMT!!! =]

Crypsis
8th October 2010, 9:34 AM
Am I just unable to do math correctly? Why does everyone keep saying Denchura will be able to use Thunder with 100% accuracy? Compoundeyes raises accuracy by 30%. Thunder hits 70% of the time, barring Rain Dance. 70 * 1.3 = 91. Not 100. Right?

Shine
8th October 2010, 10:05 AM
Yes, you are correct, it is 91%.

For Shanderaa, IMO replace Psychic with Energy Ball.
Psychic's coverage isn't that good, and it doesn't gain STAB due to Shanderaa being Fire/Ghost.

For Daikenki, choose between Surf or Boiling Water, not both. And since you already have Ice Beam, I don't think you'll need Megahorn (not to mention it's Timid) so keep Grass Knot. And try checking it's Hidden Power ;)

Aurath8
8th October 2010, 7:29 PM
My first thought when I put together this team was that I want ALL of them to be 5th gen pkmn. I'm not going to be sending anything from past gens to use in my team. I think this group has good type coverage, and not too many shared weaknesses.

Daikenki- The only starter that really appealed to me, and it's probly one of my favorite water types from this gen.
Ability:Shell Armor
-Surf/Boiling Water
-Ice beam
-Hidden Power(Ground)
-Grass knot

Surf or Boiling Water not both. Hidden Power(Ground) sorts out electrics and hits steels harder.

Shanderaa- Possibly one of my favorite ghost types from any gen, and it has a massive sp.atk stat. I think it should be able to handle the many fighting types that came with this gen, along with all the new bug, and steel types. I would like to fit energy ball on this set somehow, but idk what the best way to do it is...
Ability: Shadow Tag
-Energy Ball
-Flamethrower
-Shadow ball
-Pain split/Calm Mind

Energy Ball means it covers all weaknesses except dark. Calm Mind > Pain Split

Warubiaru- It was kind of a toss up bewteen Warubiaru and Doryuzuu, but I ended up deciding on Warubiaru just cuz I like how Warubiaru looks. Also, from what I've heard, Warubiaru is pretty much a beast in battle.
Ability: Overconfidence
-Earthquake
-Crunch
-Stone Edge
-Outrage

Outrage over Fire Fang. You will get coverage of a Arceus holding six plates.

Ononokusu- In my opinion, probably the best dragon in this gen. It's stats are all great, and it learns dragon dance. This thing has the potential to be a real monster.
Ability:Mold Breaker
-Dragon Dance
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-Outrage/Dragon Claw

Fine.

Denchura- Has great typing, and it's the first bug type that I've really ever considered using. Also, 100% thunder just makes it a beast.
Ability: Compound eyes
-Thunder
-Energy Ball
-Bug buzz
-Agility/Volt Change/Thunder Wave

Fine.

Mebukijika- Here I was torn between Mebukijika and Doreida. I decided on Mebukijika for its more diverse movepool and ghost immunity.
Ability: Adamant/Jolly???
Ability: Herbivore
-Megahorn
-Jump Kick
-Wood horn
-Thunder wave/Wild bolt

Fine.
As you can see, there are a few moveslots I'm not sure about. Also, I'm not really good at EV planning, and I haven't really tried to work that out a whole lot yet anyway. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Please RMT!!! =]

Overall a good team with only an Ice weakness to worry about. Even then all three have something to combat them. Comments in Bold

Raikou_fan
8th October 2010, 11:52 PM
Thank you all! I had thought about some of the things you all had mentioned, but I wasn't really sure on them.

On daikenki, the only reason I had boiling water was for double/triple battles. I'll probably use surf over boiling water, and HP ground is a good idea. Then on Shanderaa, the only reason I had Psychic was to cover fighting types, but I guess Shanderaa can probably wall them pretty well anyway, so I guess I don't need it. I will probably still go with fire fang over outrage on warubiaru. It's not as strong, but it covers all of warubiarus weaknesses better. On Denchura, even if Thunder isn't 100%, 91% is still pretty good for something with 120 base power.

Thank you all again!