PDA

View Full Version : Oops! My thumb slipped!

Aurath8
28th October 2010, 6:01 PM
Accidentaly chose Mijumaru instead of Pokabu? No problem. Alternate team time!

Daikenki@life Orb
Hasty
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Grass Knot
-megahorn

Shanderra@Leftovers
Timid/Flash Fire
-Flamethrower
-Shadow Ball
-Energy Ball
-Calm Mind

Mebukijika@Choice Band
Jolly/Herbivore
-Wood Horn
-Jump Kick
-Wild Bolt
-Megahorn

Wargle@life Orb
Jolly/Encourage
-Brave Bird
-Superpower
-Shadow Claw
-Thrash

Denchura@Wise Glasse
Timid/Compuneyes
-Thunder
-Bug Buzz
-Energy Ball
-Volt Change

I ran out of options so Denchura stayed.

Waruvial@Muscle Band
Jolly
-Claw Sharpen
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-Crunch

Kerech
28th October 2010, 7:36 PM
Well for starters, you're pretty Rock weak here. Wargle wants Keen Eye with that set, since Encourage isn't helping you there. Waruvial wants Crunch > Trickery, Rock Slide > Brick Break, and Claw Sharpen > Outrage. Lazy rate, woohoo.

Moneyy
29th October 2010, 12:06 AM
I'm not very experienced at making teams, and this is the kind I would go with. I don't know if that's a good or bad thing.

Also, if you accidentally chose Mijumaru, you can just turn the game off and pick Pokabu next time.

ungulateman
29th October 2010, 6:51 AM
Money902 doesn't know what he's doiiiiiiiing

Kerech got everything.

PC+1

randomn00b
30th October 2010, 12:54 AM
From what I've heard, Life Orb recoil is negated if an Encourage user uses an Encourage boosted move. Rock Slide>Shadow Claw on Wargle to capitalize on that.

Moneyy
30th October 2010, 1:17 AM
Money902 doesn't know what he's doiiiiiiiing

Kerech got everything.

PC+1

...What?

Also, I already said I'm not good at making teams if that's what you're trying to say.

ungulateman
30th October 2010, 5:40 AM
The idea isn't that he actually messed up, it's just a theoretical team like half the population of IGTR ends up making instead of actually making said teams.

And your comment about "hurr soft reset" struck me as silly.

Before this expands into an argument, I didn't mean to insult you, I was just saying posting in a thread about how you can't rate anything is silly.

(Also the reason I didn't comment myself is because the OP posted a good team and Kerech already said anything important.)

Aurath8
30th October 2010, 11:42 AM
Well for starters, you're pretty Rock weak here. Wargle wants Keen Eye with that set, since Encourage isn't helping you there. Waruvial wants Crunch > Trickery, Rock Slide > Brick Break, and Claw Sharpen > Outrage. Lazy rate, woohoo.

I took the rock weakness into my thought process and all team members have a move supereffective against them. Rocks should be scared of this team
Encourage doesn't hurt any of my moves except Shadow Claw's crit rate, which I'll barely be using anyway.
And why no Outrage? I'd love to hit every pokemon neutrally except skarm and Bronzong with a powerful 120 power move.
Thanks for the rate though I'll update the OP now.
And @money902: I didn't accidentally choose mijumaru. I always make an alternate team with my second favorite starter and different pokemon.

Noctourniquet
30th October 2010, 12:13 PM
^ It's not important when you have QuakeEdge coverage which hits basically everything for neutral anyway.

I'd love to hit every pokemon neutrally except skarm and Bronzong with a powerful 120 power move.
Every other Steel except for Dialga says hi.

Aurath8
30th October 2010, 12:20 PM
@TBR I meant Outrage + Earthquake, but i suppose you have a point with QuakeSlide. Claw Sharpen it is then.

Moneyy
30th October 2010, 4:33 PM
The idea isn't that he actually messed up, it's just a theoretical team like half the population of IGTR ends up making instead of actually making said teams.

And your comment about "hurr soft reset" struck me as silly.

Before this expands into an argument, I didn't mean to insult you, I was just saying posting in a thread about how you can't rate anything is silly.

(Also the reason I didn't comment myself is because the OP posted a good team and Kerech already said anything important.)

Oh. I thought he really didn't know how to soft reset, because the title says "Oops my Thumb Slipped". Also, I thought I did kind of rate it, because I said it was good in my opinion. Maybe that doesn't count as rating. Kerech did really cover everything, so I agree with you that there was nothing left to post.