PDA

View Full Version : A Shout-Out to all of the Older School Gamers.

Soroft
4th November 2010, 3:10 AM
My first themed team, so I thought it apt to theme it after many of our childhood games. Or, teenage games for some of you. Thanks goes to TBR for helping me out with it, and making it enjoyable to craft up. ^^

Enjoy.

Hihidaruma @ Choice Scarf (Mario)
Adamant / Encourage
192 Hp / 252 Atk / 64 Spe
Flare Blitz
Earthquake
Rock Slide
U-Turn

It was a toss-up between Emboar and Hihidaruma, but I dislike Emboar's impossibility to survive too long, and Hihidaruma fit Mario well. QuakEdge, Fire Punch STAB, and U-Turn for the escaping. EVs allow the outspeeding of Starmie, and yeah.

Meloetta @ WiseGlasses (Zelda)
Timid / Serene Grace
252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 Hp
Shadow Ball
HP Fighting
Charge Beam
Hyper Voice

Meloetta fits Zelda perfectly, not mentioning the ability to transform into Sheik. Charge Beam boosting with Fighting and Ghost coverage, as well as the Normal STAB of Hyper Voice.

Zoroark @ Leftovers (Shadow)
Timid / Illusion
252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 Hp
Night Burst
HP Fighting
Flamethrower
Nasty Plot

Because we both like Sonic games, and he fits better than Sonic, he's representing the Sega franchise we know and love. Standardliness is fun.

Doredia @ Leftovers (Peach)
Timid / Own Tempo
64 Hp / 252 SpA / 192 Spe
Petal Dance
Butterfly Dance
HP Fire
Sleep Powder

Doredia seemed to look like she was wearing a dress, and seems to have the aura of Peach, so it works. Duo-Dancing + Own Tempo = Win, and HP Fire is for coverage. Sleep Powder is filler. The EVs aren't really specific other than the ability to survive a little and outspeed a lot.

Genosect @ Life Orb (Samus)
Timid / Download
252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 Hp
Bug Buzz
Flamethrower
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt

Genosect won purely because of this: it has a L4Z0Rz.

Wargle @ Leftovers (Dyna-Blade)
Jolly / Competitive Spirit
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Hp
Free Fall
Shadow Claw
Superpower
Return

Kirby is Ditto, and since it's 5th gen only, Wargle will represent Dyna-Blade. Smogon set ftw.

Have fun.

Aurath8
5th November 2010, 7:27 PM
Hmmm.
Put Flare Blitz over Fire Punch on hihi. Hihidaruma was never meant to survive.

Meloetta should me timid. It has enough power from 128 spatk, max EVs, Charge Beam and Wise Glasses anyway.

Sucker Punch could maybe go over Nasty Plot. Low defense means he can't setup easily, He shouldn't need attack investment or even Hasty/Naive because he only tends to use it when a pokemon is at fainting point. Change the item to a life Orb should you do.

Timid for Doredia, dancing is all you need. Substitute could aid setting up if put over Sleep Powder, as could Leech Seed.

Genosect is fine.

Bulk up and Superpower don't mix. Shadow Claw for pesky ghosts and fighting/ghost coverage.
And who the heck is Dyna-Blade? Sounds like a 2d platformer/shooter/slasher. Possibly 16 bit era.

ungulateman
6th November 2010, 5:47 AM
Dyna Blade is a Kirby boss which looks almost exactly like Wargle.

^ What he said, too lazy to rate.

Soroft
8th November 2010, 2:06 AM
Alright then. Edited, to fit the needs of the people.

Good to know somebody around here knows their Kirby. :D