PDA

View Full Version : My Future White Team!

Charizard Lord
8th November 2010, 5:50 AM
My, it's certainly been a while since I've posted a RMT! I'm very excited for the Fifth Generation though, so here's the in-game team that I've devised to conquer Isshu! I realize that it's kind of reliant on brute force, as opposed to strategy, but it's not meant to be comperetive. Meh. Anyway, comments and constructive criticism are appreciated...

Daikenki
Nature: Modest
Trait: Torrent
Moves:
Surf
Ice Beam
Grass Knot
Encore

Mijumaru is my favorite of the Gen. V starters, and here's what I plan to do with its evolved form. I'd like to run a Specially-focused set, and these are Daikenki's moves that stood out to me. Surf, Ice Beam, and Grass Knot have near perfect type coverage, while Encore is there for support/stalling.

Mebukijika
Nature: Jolly
Trait: Herbivorous
Moves:
Wood Horn
Jump Kick
Double-Edge
Megahorn

Easily the best Grass Type Isshu has to offer. Its STAB moves, Wood Horn and Double Edge, complement eachother perfectly, as Mebukijika is able to gain back some of that recoil damage on its own. Meanwhile, Jump Kick hurts troublesome Steel Types, and Megahorn has good backup coverage.

Shandera
Nature: Timid
Trait: Flash Fire
Moves:
Flamethrower
Shadow Ball
Energy Ball
Confuse Ray

For starters, it has the best Special Attack of all non-legendary Pokemon. Its other stats are also solid, and its STAB moves, plus Energy Ball, give great coverage. Confuse Ray is there for the occasional stall. I plan to replace it with Calm Mind after the main storyline. No need to say much, but it's my favorite Fire-Type of Isshu. :)

Warubiaru
Trait: Overconfidence
Moves:
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Trickery
Dragon Claw

A fantastic physical sweeper with phenominal type coverage, and two of the best abilities in the game. Earthquake and Stone, needless to say, work great in-tandem, while Trickery and Dragon Claw pick off a few other bothersome kinds of Pokemon.

Kenhorou
Trait: Super Luck
Moves:
Fly
Quick Attack
U-Turn
Roost

Gotta have the regional bird! I don't like it quite as much as I did Staraptor, but it's still a solid Flying Type, and with a good ability to boot. Fly and Quick Attack are there for STAB, while U-Turn scouts. Roost is free recovery, so why not?

Zeburaika
Trait: Motor Drive
Moves:
Wild Bolt
Nitro Charge
Thunder Wave
Return

Aside from its shallow physical movepool, I really like this Electric Type! Wild Bolt and Nitro Charge have great coverage, especially when supported by Return. Thunder Wave is for paralysis, which is ever so useful in-game. It also has some great abilities, giving it stat boosts when it's hit by an Electric move.

Aurath8
8th November 2010, 8:16 PM
Wild Bolt over Double Edge on Mebukijika, for flying types and water/flying types.
Claw Sharpen over Dragon Claw. You already have QuakeSlide coverage so Dragon Claw will only be of use for the few dragons. Claw Sharpen raises attack and gives Rock Slide perfect accuracy. Warubiaru is frail though, Thunder Fang gets rid of waters.
Ice types troll half your team but a simple switch or Mebu's Jump Kick sorts out the very few Ice types in the game.

srullic
12th November 2010, 3:21 PM
wow. when i first played BW (without knowing anything about the pkmn) i had EXACTLY these pokemon (well desert freaky bird instead of yours). creepy.
i can tell it's a good team, nothing to change (how did u get flamethrower on shandera? i remember searching pre-E4 and i didnt find any)

srullic
12th November 2010, 3:22 PM
wow. when i first played BW (without knowing anything about the pkmn) i had EXACTLY these pokemon (well desert freaky bird instead of yours). creepy.
i can tell it's a good team, nothing to change (how did u get flamethrower on shandera? i remember searching pre-E4 and i didnt find any)