PDA

View Full Version : My Custom Region

Save_Us_Y2A
12th November 2010, 1:41 PM
I recently almost finished my custom region.

Editions (Workname): Violet & Green
Regionname: TBA
Pokedex: 105 (57 New, 48 Old) Plus a 22 Pkmn Invasion-Dex (all old)

Biggest changes:
New type: Light
Updated Pkmn: Togekiss (Light/Flying), Ampharos (Electric/Light), Luxtra (Electric/Dark)
Updated Attacks: Flash (now a Light-Type move)

Story:
World is divided into several areas -> (roughly)
The world/region is unfertile and decaying in the most/middle part.
Top left region is a poisonous swamp.
Top right region are burial grounds.
Top middle region is a steel mountain with subterranean victory road ahead.
Victory road leads to island with the pokemon league.
Middle region is a desert.
Under the desert is an underwater cave with ruins. Player has to fulfill quest to create an oasis in the desert.
Southern of desert is a broad, ethnic forest.
Southern of forest is a region with several cities. Here the live is normal.
Middle left region are the survival fields.
Middle right region is a mysterious crystalline haze.
Right Chalyb Foothill is snowy.
Left Chalyb Foothill is rocky/volcanic.

Right from the beginning of the adventure, Poison & Ghost-Type Pkmn invade the southern cities.
You, your ally and your rival each go out on seperate ways to investigate this strange things and to make expeditions.

So, a rough version of the world map (with routes) is done. As well as the new pokemon (looks and attacks), storyline and gyms/league.

Now, I am not very good at spriting - so if anyone wants to make some sprites for the new pkmn or the world map, feel free to help me. ;) It would help me very much.

I have all my thoughts and the information in one Excel-Sheet. If you'd like to have a look at it, pm me with your email address.
Also, I created a sheet with the effective/uneffective type table with the new Light-Type.
And additionally, I have a sheet with all attacks (source Serebii.net) with some new and the whole Light-Type moves.

I'll post a list of the new pokemon later.

Angeltripper
12th November 2010, 1:46 PM
wow.....whats invasion pokemon?

Save_Us_Y2A
12th November 2010, 1:57 PM
Sorry, forgot to say: the invasion pokemon are poison- and ghost-types which wreak havoc in the world. ("Right from the beginning of the adventure, Poison & Ghost-Type Pkmn invade the southern cities.")

I didn't want to include them into the normal pokedex, so I created an invasion-dex for them. After the main story, when the player gets the national dex, they are listed in there.

Angeltripper
12th November 2010, 2:02 PM
cool, there should also be dark though.

Save_Us_Y2A
12th November 2010, 2:32 PM
I kinda needed the dark-type for some light/dark shenanigans. And my two cover-legends are also poison- and ghost-type hybrids.

tomthepom
12th November 2010, 4:09 PM
Nice sprites....

M4zz
13th November 2010, 3:16 AM
Nice sprites....

I know right? Great emphasis on the text, eh?

evolutionrex
13th November 2010, 3:28 AM
Save Us Y2a, this place is to show sprites. Since your Region is all theoretical with no art, then you might just wanna join the Fakemon Club.

tomthepom
13th November 2010, 4:25 AM
The shading is near perfect, except on that first fakemon lacks detail....

There is already an official Green Version, so you might want to change that since its very unimaginitive (sp?).
Also a Light type isn't original either, and the pokemon that you have changed the types of where perfectly ok before.

Innocent Bystander
13th November 2010, 4:45 AM
I have to agree wit h Tomthepom, the shading on these sprites is near impeccable, however you outlines need work; Try to smooth out the edges, and from what I can tell, there is little to no outline shading. Also, you should try using less dithering, it is almost completely un-needed on your smaller sprites. Oh, and one last thing, try using more vibrant colours, to really make your fakemon stand out.