PDA

View Full Version : Rate My Team....please? .__.

Blazin Havok
22nd November 2010, 5:13 PM
As typical in these threads, I'd love to get your feedback/opinions on this in-game team I have going for Pokemon Black.

Never been into the whole EV training thing so soz, gonna skip putting them in too much of a n00b to understand the basics of EV despite me playing pokemon all my life :P

Black Team:

Jalorda (Modest Nature) @ Miracle Seed
Ability: Overgrow
- Giga Drain
- Leech Seed
- Calm Mind
- Toxic

Kokoromori (Timid Nature) @ no item
Ability: Unaware
- Psychic
- Air Slash
- Future Sight
- Double Team

Waruvial (Jolly Nature) @ Black Glasses
Ability: Overconfident
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Brick Break

Desukaan (Calm Nature) @ Leftovers
Ability: Mummy
- Evil Eye
- Will-O-Wisp
- Curse
- Protect

Mamanbou (Careful Nature) @ Mystic Water
Ability: Hydration
- Healing Wish
- Wish
- Rain Dance
- Waterfall

Denchura (Modest Nature) @ Magnet
Ability: Tension
- Thunderbolt
- Big Buzz
- Energy Ball
- Volt Change

-------------------------

thats my team to date, probably some things you may not agree with but hell thats what Im here for feedback and opinions ;)
Think its a fine team, Im rather proud of it prob should of added a fire type but ah well I like what I got :P

thoughts?
thanks in advance peeps!

Aurath8
22nd November 2010, 10:06 PM
As typical in these threads, I'd love to get your feedback/opinions on this in-game team I have going for Pokemon Black.

Never been into the whole EV training thing so soz, gonna skip putting them in too much of a n00b to understand the basics of EV despite me playing pokemon all my life :P

Black Team:

Jalorda (Adamant Nature) @ Leftovers
Ability: Overgrow
- Leaf Blade
- Leech Seed
- Coil
- Toxic/Dragon Tail

Jalorda is better physical and is also good for your team. Leech Seed + Leftovers = win. Coil makes it better adding physical bulk. Toxic can support your team better but Dragon Tail gives you much needed coverage.

Kokoromori (Timid Nature) @ Life Orb
Ability: Unaware
- Psychic
- Air Slash
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball

Future Sight is useless next to Psychic. Shadow Ball for dem ghosts and Energy Ball for rocks.

Waruvial (Jolly Nature) @ Muscle Band
Ability: Overconfident
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Brick Break

Muscle Band far outclasses Black Glasses, boosting all attacks instead of just one.

Desukaan (Calm Nature) @ Leftovers
Ability: Mummy
- Evil Eye
- Will-O-Wisp
- Calm Mind
- Energy Ball

Curse on this guy defeats his purpose of being a wall. Calm Mind evens his defenses out while increasing his attacking possibility. Energy Ball to hit normal pokemon among others.

Mamanbou (Careful Nature) @ Mystic Water
Ability: Hydration
- Toxic
- Wish
- Light Screen
- Waterfall

No offence, but I find Mamanbou to be the worst fully evolved water type of the generation.
This is the best set I can think of, but seriously consider changing it.

Denchura (Timid) @ Life Orb
Ability: Compundeyes
- Thunder
- Big Buzz
- Energy Ball
- Volt Change

The big selling point of Denchy is 91% accurate Thunder with his ability compuneyes. Make use of it, and hold a Life Orb boosting the already broken power from 180 to 234. Anything not resisting electric can say goodbye to their hairdo.

-------------------------

thats my team to date, probably some things you may not agree with but hell thats what Im here for feedback and opinions ;)
Think its a fine team, Im rather proud of it prob should of added a fire type but ah well I like what I got :P

thoughts?
thanks in advance peeps!

A (fairly common) Ice weakness affects half your team but with only three different ice types until the national dex you should be fine, despite the Ice gym.
To be honest, Mamanbou is weak and has a movepool more limited than the chance of orange juice in soya milk tasting good, if your adamant on keeping it then skip this paragraph. Abagoura is the first thing that comes to my mind, it's still physical and has a good movepool backing up a good attack. It's defense is slightly worse than Mamanbou's because of it's low HP but makes up for it with Curse.
Burungeru has fantastic special defense and good enough movepool and array of supporting options. Hiyakkie appears early and complements your fast team, it's defense is bad compared to earlier mentions though.
Still a good team though, well done.

Blazin Havok
23rd November 2010, 2:30 AM
Lol, funny you mention Burungeru its one of my favourite pokemon in the game.
Ironically I thought why not have a go at Desukaan and Mamanbou do something different :P

will prob add Burungeru in and replace Desukaan and Mamanbou. I do have one in deposit its details are:

Burungeru (Modest Nature) @ ???/No Item atm
Ability: Curse Body
- Surf
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Evil Eye