PDA

View Full Version : Spriter of the Year Tournament 2010

noobiess
28th November 2010, 1:59 PM
SYT 2010
http://www.iaza.com/work/101214C/iaza13085463491900.png

An ambitious spriter, an expert in art looking for a new challenge
or just discovered the magical world of pixels?
Everybody can have a place in this tournament.

Welcome, this is the Spriter of the Year Tournament 2010 or the SYT 2010
With a little tutorial of each round, every spriter has the opportunity
to participate without any problem.
The explosion of new talent will give this tournament a great push
in the back which will lead into surprisingly beautiful entries and extremely strong new competition.
That in combination with a lot of experienced artist,
this tournament will be certainly end in a heated battle
for the title of Spriter of the Year.

So how do I enter?

Got the spriting-vibes? Better participate soon then. You can just post it on this thread, it’s that easy.
But that isn’t all. Of course you have to send an entry too.
This you can do by PMing me with the entry, so you don’t have to post it in the thread.
If your mind isn’t where it supposed to be and you posted your entry in the thread, you can just delete the post and send the entry to me.
I will personally check whether you have kept it to the rules, wich you can find below and I will contact you as soon as possible if you didn’t. You can just send your new entry back to me and I’ll take care of it.

Don’t have much time or accidently deleted your entry?
Don’t worry, if you send your entry too late, you name will be in the poll but there will be no entry visible until you send it.
Make sure that if you are too late with your entry the first round, you say you’ll participate the tournament on the thread itself so that I know you’re participating.

How does this tournament work?

There are several round wherein you always have to send one sprite to me.
The amount of round will depend of the amount of participants.
After each round there will be a poll findable on the ‘fan sprite’ department where you can vote.
A few participants with the lowest votes of their poll will be eliminated from the tournament.

It would be a big shame when you just figured out how to make a nice sprite and then get eliminated. Or when you really find the next theme really funny but the round before you got didn’t make it.
Or maybe you just had a rough week and you didn’t really feel like you got eliminated justly, then there is a solution for it.
You can send an entry for a round after you got eliminated! What?! Then you just can wait till the finale and then enter?!
No unfortunately you can’t. You can get try ONCE more to get back in the tournament by sending an entry for the round after you get eliminated or the round after that.
Your entry will be in the poll, like every other entry but it will have a small disadvantage.
If you enter the round after you got eliminated, your actual votes will only be 75% of the votes you got in the poll. If you wait one more round, it will be 50%.
If you manage to get enough votes, even with this little disadvantage you are back in the race!

So, if you are capable of surviving it to the finals there will be one last round.
The participant with the most votes wins the poll and the title of Spriter of the Year.
This last poll will probably be around the beginning of January.
But don’t worry, I’ll take it easy on the holidays so everybody can enjoy them.

Voting system

There will be several polls after the deadline is reached. The participants with the least voted of each poll will be eliminated.
The amount of participants who get eliminated will be said in the poll itself.

The amount of votes you can give, will also be findable in the poll.
You can not vote for yourself. (watch out, this rules recenlty changed)
All there is left to say is, please vote fair, not tactical.

Ground rules

Some small rules so this don’t get to hectically.
First of all, there will be no copying others work. You can use the official sprites at all time, which are easily findable on bulbapedia.
Second of all, there will no saying foul or vulgar words on the thread or the polls and respect the other people.
And at last, you have to stick to the rules of the theme.
Please keep it clean.

So what can you actually win?

Well, you get the incredible title Spriter of the Year.
There also would be a trophy for every contestant. This of course is only in sprite-form so you can brag a little with your friends by putting it on your signature.
The top 3 of course will get a much bigger one, so more reason to give it your all.
The trophy will personally be given when the contest if finished.

Themes

Each round has a theme that you can find here.
Your entry is invalid when you don’t follow the rules said in the theme.
For the deadlines, I usualy use a date (day/month) and your entry has to be in before that day ends.
For every round there will be a little tutorial findable on this thread.
Round1
Deadline: 06/12
Size: 96*96 pixels
Recolor a Pokémon by using the colors of a Pokémon where the numbers are a anagram.
So for example, recolor bulbasaur (nr 001) with the colors of voltorb (nr 100)
Glows are allowed. animation aren't. You can anly use sprites from the 4th or 5th generation (you don't really have to choosep okémon from this generation, just the sprites)
You can't use the shiny colors of the pokemon to recolor the other.

Round 2
Deadline: 11/12
Size: 96*96
Usable sprites: You can only use 4/5th gen sprites (not the pokémon themselve, but the sprites)
Take a dual-typed pokémon and fuse if with 2 pokémon that each have one type of the dual typed pokémon. The other pokémon pokémon also can be dual typed, they just need one type of the other pokemon.
Animations and shiny colors aren't allowed.
For example: fuse giratina (ghost/dragon) with froslass(ghost (/ice)) and Ononokuso (Dragon)

Round 3
Deadline: 22/12
Size: 96*96
Theme: take a single-standed pokemon (so it doesn't have any evolutions of prevolutions) and revamp it into the style of the 5th gen. You have to revamp the gold/silver/crystal sprite (and you can use the second frame of the crystal-anymation.)
You can use a pokémon who still was a sigle-standed pokemon in the second gen (for example gligar)
For example: revamp a articuno
Extra: you can't use shiny colors, animations or glows
Round 4
deadline: 02/01
size: 192*96 (you can choose in wich dimention you take 192 pixels)
theme: take a evolution line of 2 pokemon and scratch a repose of them both. You may let them interact with each other.
For example: a scratched repose of spoink and grumpig
Extra: use the style of 4/5th gen, you can use shiny colors and glows but you can't make an animation

round5
deadline: 09/01
size: 96*96
theme: scratch a sprite of a fakemon (an invented pokemon of your own) that is the cute ledgendary (like mew,celebi,jirachi,...) It doesn't have to have a specific typing.
Extra: you can't use glows but you can (don't have to) make an animation. This animation can have a maximum of 10 images. It has to be 4/5th gen style.

Round6 (semifinals):
deadline: 16/01
Theme: take an existing sprite and remove everything except the outlining. Then refill it with a whole new concept. (if the concept is'nt clear, check the tutorial)
Example: take the lineart of a voltob and refill it as jigglypuff lookes from above (the refill doesn't have to be a real pokemon but it has to be somewhat pokémon-related)
Extra: no glows and animations allowed

Round7 (FINALS):
deadline: 23/01
Theme:
Limited color-challenge. You can only use 5 colors (diffrent shades also count as diffrent colors)(black and white included).
With this limited amount of colors you can do anything you want, as long as is has something related with smeargle.
So let your imagination go wild and have fun with it.
Extra:
It doesn't have to be a repose of smeargle, you can anything you like, for example make a huge smeargle-head or an fake evolution of smeargle...
Glows are allowed, but mind that they also count as a color.
Animations are also allowed as long as the total amount of colors you have used stays below the amount of colors you can use.
(for example: when your first image has 3 colors and your second 4 (with 2 colors matching with the previous image) this counts as (3+2=)5 colors

Tutorials

Get you sprite on the net and making it transparent
- Open your image and make the background in 1 color that you didn’t use in the rest of your sprite (preferably light green or yellow)
- Save it in PNG
- Go to iaza.com
- Upload your file and click on transparent
- Click on the background color and upload the transparent sprite
- Copy the link of your image
- Click on if you Pm me (or if you want to put it into a post)
- Copy the link there
- (preview the post to see if you didn’t miss any spot with the background)
- If there are any problems, just Pm me

Round1
recolor (http://www.iaza.com/work/101128C/iaza18005450432600.png)
Glow (http://www.iaza.com/work/101204C/iaza18005411829600.png)
Making your backgorund white without removing outlines of your sprite (http://www.iaza.com/work/101204C/iaza18005447168500.png)

Round2
Fusion (http://www.iaza.com/work/101206C/iaza18005471207200.png)
Lineart (http://www.iaza.com/work/101209C/iaza17133048534600.png)
Shading (http://www.iaza.com/work/101210C/iaza12438022693900.png)

Round3
Revamp (http://www.iaza.com/work/101212C/iaza18005421048400.png)

Round4
Repose (http://www.iaza.com/work/101224C/iaza18005473032500.png)

[/B]round5[/B]
fakemon (http://iaza.com/work/110101C/iaza18005446707300.png)
animations:
- make diffrent sprites with the same size (the placement on the sprite on the image is important, so don't make 1 sprite completely left and the other one right because then your animation will be shaky)
- make them transparent and save them as a file, soemwhere that is easy reachable
- now go back to iaza and load the first transparized sprite
- click on frame animation and add your other transparized sprites
- select how many time you want your animation to repeat and how fast it should go
- copy the link and place it where you want

[/B]round6[/B]
inner redo (http://iaza.com/work/110110C/iaza18005468588400.png)

Ones without any losts:
Northern Lights
Cynder
Aragonbird

People who used their call-backentry:
Fourthbeat
DarthVader317

Eliminated Participants who are able to do their call back-entry:
wait 1 round:
none

Wait 2 rounds:
none

Eliminated:
^^yochini^^
Noobiess
Light Venusaur
pokégirlforever
Critical0
Proby3
Zozo1999
Todoserugi
Sirhoney
Soulfang
Metalflygon08
Server_crash
Pokemon_exceeder
Chubbs
-Riaga-
Allaboutthecute
Lh_dreamer
Charizard009
GoldenOza
Spherical Ice
Cobaph
Starmmyt
Timmay
Ex....
Lucario9
Hejthenerd
Pokémonmazter3001
V4lover
.Brightside.
sucuine lover
Extreme floatzel
Innocent Bystander
Epwna is a sceptile
Shadow Wolf 10
Reaperneku

So that was it,
Hopefully you will enjoy it very much
Good luck!

In this world, everybody is one pixel,
Let’s gather together and make some beautiful art!

Will-powered Spriter
28th November 2010, 2:26 PM
I trust this is approved by a mod, because you haven't said so.

If it is, I'll try enter. I've neglected spriting a bit recently, so I ought to try to get back into it.

Epwna is a Sceptile
28th November 2010, 3:43 PM
I'm definately in. This is a good chance to improve my spriting and see if I'm good enough.

Lucario9
28th November 2010, 4:02 PM
I'll enter, I love recolors, and I want to see how good of a spriter I am.

V4LOVER
28th November 2010, 4:07 PM
I'm in. I haven't sprited much recently, and would love to use this as an opportunity to do so.

CaptainCombusken
28th November 2010, 5:05 PM
Definitely in. This is going to be fun...

Ehm... question about Round 1.
Are we allowed to use the shiny colours or only base colours from the Pokemon we're recoloring to?

noobiess
28th November 2010, 5:24 PM
Only the origial color will be allowed to use. Otherwhise it won't be really clear wich pokémon you used...

suicune lover
28th November 2010, 6:01 PM
I might as well enter too.

Zozo1999
28th November 2010, 6:19 PM
Ill be entering!!

I'm PMing you my ntry right now

ReaperNeku
28th November 2010, 6:32 PM
sweet, will enter for sure

V4LOVER
28th November 2010, 7:06 PM
I entered!

Hope it works ;P

FourthBeat
28th November 2010, 8:52 PM
Absolutely entering (: Very interesting idea with the eliminated contestants still entering, should make for some upsets!

Light Venusaur
28th November 2010, 9:36 PM
I'll join also.

M4zz
28th November 2010, 9:59 PM
I'm in. I'll PM you my entry later today.

allaboutthecute
28th November 2010, 11:06 PM
...Has this contest been approved?

Zozo1999
28th November 2010, 11:57 PM
When is the Round One Poll Going Up?

Todoserugi
29th November 2010, 12:09 AM
Im in. ill send my entry soon.

M4zz
29th November 2010, 12:32 AM
When is the Round One Poll Going Up?

Around December 5/6. On the first post, Noobiess states the deadline is to be on December 5th, so one can make a logical assumtion that the polls will be up around there.

MetalFlygon08
29th November 2010, 3:18 AM
I'll join too.

give me a minute.

charizard009
29th November 2010, 3:29 AM
I'm going to join!!!

Starrmyt
29th November 2010, 4:48 AM
I'm in! :D

i'll PM my entry tomorrow

^^Yoshinichi^^
29th November 2010, 5:42 AM
Consider me an entrant. I've never won the WSC, so I'd like to see how far I come in this.

Shadow Wolf 10
29th November 2010, 6:55 AM
Yeah i'll join too, it'd be nice to see how well I'll do against everyone else.

Innocent Bystander
29th November 2010, 7:35 AM
Count me in. Just one question, can we animate?

Ex...
29th November 2010, 5:02 PM
I'll join this tournament

noobiess
29th November 2010, 7:45 PM
Ok a general anouncement:
Added some rules of the 1st post so it became more clear:
- animations aren't allowed
- glow are allowed

I'll upload the tutorial for making a glow soon.
If you want to add a glow to your send entry, you can just resend you entry to me with the glow

Ps: Thanx for the massive signup for now :) hopefully there will be many more to come.

Good luck too you all

Sweet May
3rd December 2010, 6:41 AM
Reopened and stickied. Enjoy. c:

allaboutthecute
3rd December 2010, 7:30 AM
Now that i know this is approved, i'm definitely entering! I'll try to PM my entry as soon as i can.

noobiess
3rd December 2010, 9:39 AM
I'm terribly sorry for the temperatly closing of this tournament.
I was a little overexcided and too soon with posting this thread, I guess. But it's all good now. But some rules are changed:

- you can't vote for yourself on the polls
- for this round, you must use 4/5th gen sprites and you can't use the shiny colors of the pokemon.

Hopefully this all didn't scare some of the participants away so we still could have a fun nice tournament :)
Good luck to you all :)

timmay
3rd December 2010, 10:35 AM
im in! im kinda newish to spriting though..

Epwna is a Sceptile
3rd December 2010, 1:03 PM
Ahh man!!! Now I have to make a new sprite.

Extreme Floatzel
3rd December 2010, 1:15 PM
I'll join in :D

sounds fun.

DarthVader317
3rd December 2010, 5:32 PM
I'll join. I'll send my entry in a bit.

CaptainCombusken
3rd December 2010, 6:46 PM
This is good. We're getting a really good amount of people joining!
Just to check, my entry is still good?

GoldenOza
3rd December 2010, 7:00 PM
I'm gonna participate!

Northern Lights
3rd December 2010, 7:00 PM
I'm be joining, sending my entry now.

Lucario9
3rd December 2010, 8:44 PM
When you say 4th and 5th gen, do you mean the actual sprites or the pokemon?

noobiess
3rd December 2010, 9:10 PM
I mean the sprites, not the pokemon, so you can use for example voltorb... but it has to be the sprite of the 4/5 th gen

SoulFang
3rd December 2010, 9:15 PM
definetley entering. btw, so lets say i used pokemon #150, would i recolor it with pokemon #015?

SirHoney
3rd December 2010, 9:32 PM
I shall enter!

So if I choose to recolour a Noctowl (164), then I would have to recolour it in Moltes' colours? Or perhaps Vespiquen?

Chubbs
3rd December 2010, 9:42 PM
I know you already have my entry from when I pm'd you on Smogon, but i'm going to post here anyway.

noobiess
3rd December 2010, 9:46 PM
Yes, you can choose,

for example nr 150 can be recolored in 105,015 or 051. So you still have alot of choise :)

I also uploaded 2 tutorials,
one of adding the glow and one of making your blackground white without removing outlining (just because with the B/W sprites, you might have some problems with that)
Hopefully they are clear

I also changed the deadline to one day later (because I won't be able to make the polls that day, so I better can give you all a day extra then :p )

allaboutthecute
3rd December 2010, 10:55 PM
I'll be entering! I'll PM my entry soon.

Epwna is a Sceptile
4th December 2010, 12:55 AM
I mean the sprites, not the pokemon, so you can use for example voltorb... but it has to be the sprite of the 4/5 th gen

Oh...... never mind than.

Lh_Dreamer
4th December 2010, 11:30 AM
I'm in. I send my entry now.

.Bright Side.
4th December 2010, 3:58 PM
I'll play.

Chubbs
4th December 2010, 4:24 PM
A small question here, first, can we change the entries after they are in? Second, can we do complex recolours, like adding the markings of the pokemon whose colour you are borrowing?

noobiess
4th December 2010, 5:06 PM
yes you can make patterns with the colors, and you can remake your entry too

Chubbs
4th December 2010, 7:34 PM
I think that my current entry will have to do, as I cant be bothered to remake it.

Cynder
4th December 2010, 7:54 PM
Just checking if you got my entry, 'cos my internet spazzed up half way throught sending the PM :/

Spherical Ice
5th December 2010, 3:21 PM
Sounds interesting. I'm in.

noobiess
5th December 2010, 5:54 PM
Hi,
I already made the tuturial for the next round, a fusion.
There are still 2 more to come, I'll make them as soon as possible.
I also put the theme of the next round, because everybody is able to make his second entry already anyway.

So for the ones who didn't get their entry ready, Pm them soon becausem onday the gates are closing :p

ps: cynder, I got your entry

Northern Lights
5th December 2010, 7:26 PM
^ You should send a PM in reply to people entries so that they know you got them, for instance I assume you got mine, but you havn't replied.

noobiess
5th December 2010, 8:50 PM
Well, if you are shure you Pm'ed it to me, I've got it. But I'll change the rule then, if you want me to send a note back that I got your entry, please say so when you're Pming the entry. I'll send a note back as soon as possible then.

altariaking
5th December 2010, 9:35 PM
Just to let you know, randomly going around trolling forums to advertise a sprite tournament is not cool. Kthxbai.

Extreme Floatzel
5th December 2010, 10:23 PM
I sent my entry :)

Lucario9
8th December 2010, 4:14 AM
I'll be entering the next round

CaptainCombusken
8th December 2010, 8:07 PM
Sending entry for round two now.

Boy am I proud of this one. I'll be happy no matter what happens.

noobiess
8th December 2010, 11:29 PM
Hi,
You all can send your entries for next round.

I'm terribly sorry for the few mistakes in the polls, but this also is my first time make such huge polls :p I will check the entries more next time.

Also update the front post with the tutorial for the line art. The one for shaidngs will be next.

timmay
9th December 2010, 1:30 AM
for the fusion, does the base have to be the multityped one? eg giratina in your example, or could it of had frosslass as the base, if you know what i mean?

noobiess
9th December 2010, 10:12 AM
No, it doens't matter. You can choose wich pokémon you want to use as base.

edit:
I just updated the tutorials, the shading-tutorial is now available too

pokegirlforever
9th December 2010, 5:42 PM
Are we allowed to enter this round if we didn't realise this was on and didn't enter in the first round? because it says in how does this tournament work:Quote-Or maybe you just had a rough week and you didn’t really feel like you got eliminated justly, then there is a solution for it.
You can send an entry for a round after you got eliminated! What?! Then you just can wait till the finale and then enter?!
No unfortunately you can’t. You can get try ONCE more to get back in the tournament by sending an entry for the round after you get eliminated or the round after that.
So would I be able to join?

noobiess
10th December 2010, 9:13 PM
hi,
just wanted to say I still need alto of entries, so get your entry done as soon as possible :)
I also will announce the next round this sunday when the polls are up.

Good luck too you all

M4zz
11th December 2010, 1:20 AM
Entry in. Good luck everyone.

ReaperNeku
11th December 2010, 6:36 AM
sent mine in~

Northern Lights
11th December 2010, 12:59 PM
Entry sent in. =]

pokegirlforever
11th December 2010, 2:47 PM
I've sent in my entry.

Critical0
11th December 2010, 3:57 PM
Am I allowed to enter in this round, Or do I have to have entered in round one to be eligible?

noobiess
11th December 2010, 4:43 PM
hi,
I updated the theme for the next round, with a matching tuturial.

Hopefully everybody will get his entry in on time, because I still need alot of them.

edit: Northern lights, I didn't receive any entry. I also let critical0 pokegirlforever in the tournament, but the already have to do the call-back-entry (75% of the votes) since metalflygon didn't reply or anything and soulfang said he quitted..

ROUND1 IS FINISHED

Here are the contestants:
bold~winner of the poll
bold + underlined ~ winner of this round
underlined~didn't get enough votes (--> so call-back-entry next orund, or the orund thereafter)

Northern Lights
Cobaph
Cynder
ReaperNeku
,Brightside.
V4lover
Epwna is a sceptile
Lucario9
Pokemon_exceeder
Pokemazter3001
^^yochini^^
sucuine lover
Proby3
Fourthbeat
timmay
Extreme Floatzel
Hejthenerd
DarthVader317
Chubbs
Shadow Wolf 10
Riaga
Allaboutthecute
Lh_dreamer
Charizard009
Innocent Bystander
Server_Crash
GoldenOza
Sperical Ice
Aragonbird
Starmytt
Soulfang
Metalflygon08
Ex…
Zozo1999
Noobiess
Light Venusaur
SirHoney
Todoserugi

Critical0
11th December 2010, 5:46 PM
Sent my entry in.

Northern Lights
11th December 2010, 5:59 PM
Oh wow I won? Thanks everyone. =]

Sent my entry again. Must of had a bad connection.

Lucario9
11th December 2010, 6:53 PM
Mine might be a little late. I've been super busy this week.

EDIT: Entry sent, I'm quite proud of it.

EDIT 2: Entry for Round 3 sent. It's my best (and only) Revamp.

EDIT 3: Missed the non-evolving part, so I sent my new entry. It's too bad since my other one was better.

Ex...
11th December 2010, 8:26 PM
Entry Sent in
:x

noobiess
12th December 2010, 10:58 AM
Hi,

I'm going to make the poll half a day later because I still miss too many entries!
Please get your entries in...

I do'nt know whether there was some bad communication or people just forgot, so to be shure I'll list the needed entries here:

V4lover
Zozo1999
pokemon_exceeder
Pokemazter3001 (not legal entry)
^^yochini^^
todoserugi
chubbs
cynder
riaga
Lh_dreamer
Charizard009
server crash
GoldneOza
Sperical Ice
Light venusaur
Cobaph
Aragonbird
Sirhoney
hejthenerd
Starmytt

As you can seee, I really miss too many netries too make the polls now.
I've send too all of them a Pm that they have to send in their entry as soon as possible.

edit:
got
hejthenerd
server_crash
spherical ice
..still a few to go

noobiess
12th December 2010, 6:23 PM
hi,
since still not enough people entered, I just going to wait another day....
So monday evening I'll make the poll, hopefully you then had time to make an entry.

V4LOVER
12th December 2010, 7:33 PM
Entered mine.

M4zz
12th December 2010, 7:58 PM
Re-entered mine. Sorry about that, error on my part.

noobiess
13th December 2010, 7:16 PM
hi,
I made the banner :)
Hopefully it's clear that the tail is part of the 'r' of 'year'... :p

Anyway, I'm going to make the polls tomorrow because I'm not going to have time tonight. And it gives people a little bit more time to make their entry...

I don't think alot of people going to get their entry ready, so I'll see what I do when I make the polls. I'll try to be as just as possible...

CaptainCombusken
13th December 2010, 7:47 PM
Can I suggest something? From now on, give everyone a week for each round. It's what WSC do, and that's always worked well. That was, if someone can't get on the computer today or is slow at spriting and likes to take their time, then they have a fair amount of time to do so.

The banner is OK, but you haven't put "the" after "of" and it is NOT clear that the tail is part of the "r". Pus, I can't figure out what is going on on the right.

Cynder
13th December 2010, 8:32 PM
Just wondered if we can use the intro sprites? (The actual sized sprites, not the overly large ones like the suicune mugshot in crystal)

noobiess
13th December 2010, 10:20 PM
I'll change the banner when I got time :p

Yes you can use those sprites if you want, cynder.

I also try to give each round one week preparation time. I just start counting when the polls are up. But since this week is much easier then round 3, I guess I put the deadline on saterday in stead of sunday.

I'm also going to show the deadline on the polls themselves because I noticed alot of the participant just didn't see the deadline...

noobiess
14th December 2010, 10:00 AM
Hi,
I have put the polls up,
I'm going to make some few adjustments to them later (put more info in it and stuff) but now I don't really have the time for it...

Hopefully many peopel will enter this time :)

V4LOVER
14th December 2010, 1:07 PM
K, I'll make my entry soon.

DarthVader317
14th December 2010, 5:14 PM
Quick question about the polls: Is it 3 for each topic (3 in poll 1, 3 in poll 2, etc) for a total of 12 votes or is it 3 across the topics, for a total of 3 votes?

noobiess
14th December 2010, 10:45 PM
you can vote 3 times on each poll... so in total 12 votes

Lucario9
14th December 2010, 10:58 PM
Is there any way that you can post the next theme? I'm pretty busy so I'd like to get it done ahead of time.

M4zz
15th December 2010, 12:19 AM
I'd really appreciate if you fix my entry for round two. You posted the wrong one.

FourthBeat
15th December 2010, 12:45 AM
Maybe you could just post your proper entry in the thread below until Noobiess gets around to it, just so people who are going to vote can see what is supposed to be there?

Lucario, the next theme (due on the 19th!) is posted on the first page already, and has been for a few days.

Lucario9
15th December 2010, 1:29 AM
Lucario, the next theme (due on the 19th!) is posted on the first page already, and has been for a few days.

I know, the one after that!

noobiess
15th December 2010, 11:23 AM
Ok,I'll make the theme for the new round already... But I'm changing the deadline of this round so peopel have more time. Also fixed you entry, pokemonmazter.

Epwna is a Sceptile
15th December 2010, 1:11 PM
Got in my Round three entry! First real, not just recolor revamp, so it should be interesting.

.Bright Side.
15th December 2010, 1:13 PM
Can we splice for round four as opposed to scratch?

noobiess
15th December 2010, 2:04 PM
Can we splice for round four as opposed to scratch?

No you have to start from scratch...

timmay
15th December 2010, 7:46 PM
will there be a tutorial for scratching? i have never scratched before

timmay
15th December 2010, 7:49 PM

SoulFang
15th December 2010, 8:26 PM
hey, when can we submit entries for round 3? i just finished making mine and it looks awesome!

V4LOVER
16th December 2010, 2:03 AM
Sent round three. SoulFang, you can now.

noobiess
17th December 2010, 9:59 PM
hey, when can we submit entries for round 3? i just finished making mine and it looks awesome!

Yes you can (thanx for aswering V4lover)

yes there will be, one for reposing (starting from scratch for round 4) and another one but that will be after round 4

My computer actually has a virus, so I can't come on the net for a while. But I only use it in the week, so in the weekend I always will be able to be on the forum. I'm really trying to fix it so hopefully it will be fixed by thusday. If it doesn't, next week will be a big problem.
I will try then to find another pc to work on, but that might not work.
If I doesn't work, the round 4's polls will be up in the weekend, so you know you just have to wait till the weekend to see the polls.

So hopefully the virus will be killed :p

noobiess
18th December 2010, 9:46 PM
Hi,
I updated the first post with a list of the participants to let them see who is already eliminated and stuff like that...

Since critical0 already is eliminated and already made a sprite I thought it was a nice idea to post his entry here, for the effort he put into this sprite:
http://www.iaza.com/work/101219C/iaza18005458857700.gif

Here are also the winners of this week:
NorthernLights
Cynder
Epwna is sceptile
Extreme floatzel
Shadowwolf10

Northern lights is again the winner of this week!

Congrats to all the winners :)

Also here is al ist of all the people who didn't get their entry in for the next round.I just wanted to make shure everybody who already made his/her sprite, have send it to me with succes. I also want to encourage the others to get their entry in on time :)
Pokemon_exceeder
Zozo1999
Sucuine lover
Todoseguri
extreme_floatzel
Chubbs
-Riaga-
Allabouthtecute
Lh-Dreamer
Charizald009
Innocent Bystander
GoldenOza
Spherical Ice
Cobaph
Aragonbird
Sirhoney
Starmmyt
Shadowwolf10
Soulfang
Metalflygon08

Zozo1999
18th December 2010, 9:57 PM
I won't be participating in the contest anymore. I'm too busy. Sorry! :(

suicune lover
18th December 2010, 10:13 PM
I thought the deadline for this round was the 22nd? Mines on it's way :s

noobiess
18th December 2010, 10:34 PM
yes, the deadline is 22th. so you still have plenty of time :)

Ex...
19th December 2010, 5:49 PM
I submitted my entry to the 3rd round yesterday, you received? .-.

Epwna is a Sceptile
19th December 2010, 6:27 PM
Wait, I tied for second place this round? Compared to Cynder's amazing sprite? Wow, I actually thought I'd get eliminated at first! And great job to everyone else, especially NorthernLights.

Cynder
20th December 2010, 11:47 AM
Woah, I came second? There were loads of sprites that were better than mine! I was surprised aragornbird and reaperneku didn't at least come third.. Ah well, I got lucky I suppose ^_^

And Epwna is a sceptile, thanks for that but your sprite was exactly where it deserved to be! (It was great!)

Epwna is a Sceptile
21st December 2010, 10:32 PM
Thanks Cynder, but in my opinion yours was better.

Also, noobiess, for round four can we animate/glow?

Edit: Never Mind about the last part.

suicune lover
22nd December 2010, 11:28 PM
Question: Can we use split evolutions? Like, Eevee/Espeon, or Clampearl/Huntail?

noobiess
23rd December 2010, 11:35 AM
Question: Can we use split evolutions? Like, Eevee/Espeon, or Clampearl/Huntail?

yes you can.

And as you probably noticed, the polls for round3 are up. I also wanted to say the tutorial for next round is comming...

noobiess
23rd December 2010, 4:39 PM
Hi, I uploaded the tutorial for next round

Good luck too you all for the polls :)

Cynder
28th December 2010, 6:45 PM
Just wondering when the next round's theme is up? I like to start in advance :P

noobiess
28th December 2010, 8:34 PM
If you mean with the next round, round4, it's already up and you can find it on the first post.
For round 5, I'll probably post it this week...

M4zz
29th December 2010, 1:27 AM
I've got my 4th round entry in. Sorry it wasn't in sooner. I reposed from HGSS.

noobiess
29th December 2010, 11:08 AM
I've got my 4th round entry in. Sorry it wasn't in sooner. I reposed from HGSS.

Don't worry, you are one of the first.

For the others, I just wanted to say that you don't have much time left to make your entries so get then send to me as soon as possible.

I also wanted to say that I added soulfangs entry on poll2, so you can still can vote for him (or change your vote) if you want.

Northern Lights
30th December 2010, 9:58 PM
^ sorry I havn't been able to work on my Round 4 entry yet, been ill then busy with Revision etc, hopefully be able to work something either tomorrow or on the first.

noobiess
31st December 2010, 3:06 PM
hohoho, santa claus braught 2 news tutorials (for fakemon and aniamtion)
Also the next theme is there :)

M4zz
1st January 2011, 2:38 PM
Is it cool if the dimensions aren't perfect? Being if we need to add more vertically and remove some horizontally?

noobiess
1st January 2011, 2:53 PM
Is it cool if the dimensions aren't perfect? Being if we need to add more vertically and remove some horizontally?
Yeah, that's fine for me.

Happy newyear everyone :)

Here are the winners of round3:
Shadowwolf10 (yanma)
Fourthbeat (delibird)
DarthVader317 (sneasel)

Shadowwolf10 managed to knock off Nothernlight of the trone of winner of the week! Congrats to you all, the overall quality was prety good :)

To see where all the participants stand, check the first post....

So that was it, hopefully I receive alot of more entries for next round :)

Epwna is a Sceptile
1st January 2011, 3:50 PM
Noobiess, I'm not trying to be rude, but I shouldn't be eliminated. I had 4 votes. Server Crash had 5, but it was his callback, so only 75% of votes counted. 75% of 5 is 3.75, which is less then 4.

noobiess
1st January 2011, 9:40 PM
Noobiess, I'm not trying to be rude, but I shouldn't be eliminated. I had 4 votes. Server Crash had 5, but it was his callback, so only 75% of votes counted. 75% of 5 is 3.75, which is less then 4.

Oh, I'm terribly sorry. I didn't see that. I fixed it right away :)
thanx for saying!

noobiess
2nd January 2011, 11:42 AM
Last day to get your entry in!!

Northern Lights
2nd January 2011, 2:32 PM
Yey, I didn't get last, I havn't done many revamps or reposes for that matter, congrats Shadowwolf!

-Raiga-
3rd January 2011, 5:54 AM
Admittedly, I didn't really read the rules over too much, but I was wondering if there is anyway I'm still elgible to enter.

Basically I got bored with a few of the themes and haven't entered since round two, so can enter round 5 with like 25% of my votes counting or something?

noobiess
3rd January 2011, 11:18 AM
-Riaga- You still can enter round 4, but only if you Pm me the entry before the polls are over. You'll get -50% of your votes. But you can only wait 2 rounds so you can't wait another round.

For the rest, I'm going to put up the polls in the afternoon. Hopefully I'll still get soem entries because some still didn't enter

noobiess
4th January 2011, 11:11 AM
Hi,

I've putted up the polls. As you can see there aren't much entries...
But there isn't much I can do so hopefully I will receive some entries during the week.
Otherwhise all the ones who made an entry go further.

I also added pokemazters entry in the polls...

SoulFang
4th January 2011, 10:59 PM
guess im out of the competition for missing 3 events, i was going to enter round 4, but when i got home from my trip, the computer wasnt working. but, oh well. it was fun entering!

Northern Lights
9th January 2011, 12:56 PM
Will PM a cutesy Legendary sprite by the end of today =]

noobiess
9th January 2011, 7:36 PM
Hi,
I made the deadline for the next round 1 day longer..

Also edited the first post for the result of the previous round. Alot of them are now eliminated, but some of them still are standing.

The winners of this week are aragonbird, cynder and Northern Ligths and Pokemazter3001. The total winner was aragonbird with his wonderful image of milotic and feebas

So hopefully I still get some entries :)

M4zz
9th January 2011, 9:46 PM
So this means I'm back in the running?

noobiess
9th January 2011, 9:54 PM
yes pokemazter :)

Oh I also wanted to say that I uploaded the new tutorial, even though it's more of bunch of tips and tricks.

also to epwna is sceptile: you are probably wondering why you didn't get enough votes for the previous round. Well, some votes where invalid because they voted for more then one participant.

M4zz
10th January 2011, 1:36 AM
Ohh. This next round is gonna be fun. Good luck everyone!

Northern Lights
10th January 2011, 7:15 PM
Is Round 6 like a complete reskin? As in, leave the structure and lines from the previous mon, but give it new skin and filling using a nother pokemon?

Does this mean we can't add any extra lines to this sprite, we can only use lines available from the bas sprite?

noobiess
11th January 2011, 11:14 AM
Is Round 6 like a complete reskin? As in, leave the structure and lines from the previous mon, but give it new skin and filling using a nother pokemon?

Does this mean we can't add any extra lines to this sprite, we can only use lines available from the bas sprite?

Well you can add lines, as long as they are within the sprite. So you can change the inner lines, but not the outer lines.
I hope it's clear.And if it isn't, you can look to the tutorial. I added some inner lines there, but save the original out lines.

Alos wanted to say that I added the polls for round5. I'm glad alot of you entered :) Good luck :)

noobiess
16th January 2011, 11:18 AM
Hi,
the polls are over so I updated the first post:
winners of this week are: Darthvader317 and Northern Lights with the same amout of votes

For the next round, I still need a few entries, so make shure you get your entrie there on time.

I also noticed that some for the next ound are eliminated but still made an entry for the next round,
and because they have put some effort in it, I posted them here:
Lucario9: http://www.iaza.com/work/110112C/iaza12644389472600.gif
Pokemazter3001: http://www.iaza.com/work/110110C/iaza16171423051900.gif
hejthenerd: http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/015/c/b/pokemon_tournement_round_6_by_hejthenerd-d378jvj.png

M4zz
16th January 2011, 11:27 AM
Good luck remaining entrants, it sure was fun! AragornBird, good luck to you too.

Lucario9
16th January 2011, 5:27 PM
Good luck to everyone else! Let the best spriter win!

aragornbird
17th January 2011, 3:21 AM
Sent mine in.

Btw, can people try to spell my name correctly? It's not that hard. :\

;144;

noobiess
17th January 2011, 10:35 PM
Sent mine in.

Btw, can people try to spell my name correctly? It's not that hard. :\

;144;

I also got that alot :p people always say noobies in sted of noobiess...

Ok, I posted the polls for round 6 and the theme for round 7: the finals! (know I was al ittle late with posting the polls, but that wa because I had an exam today :p)
So have fun with it...

The voting system of the finals is a bit diffrent: the one with the most votes wins... But the call-back entries still count but they still have to loose 25% of their votes then.

ps: I also made the trophee for the winner :) hope he/she likes it :)

Zozo1999
18th January 2011, 12:04 AM
*Even though I'm eliminated* Round six must hae been fun!! I love the idea

PS: I get called Zoro1999 a lot :/

noobiess
24th January 2011, 11:19 AM
I'm going to post the poll tomorrow since I don't have much time today + I don't have all the entries yet...

I still need cynder's (and maybe darthvader's and fourtbeat's if they want)

Cynder
24th January 2011, 9:30 PM
Meh. Just thought I'd let 'ya know that I'm not entering this round because I'm happy being 3rd/4th/5th with no losses. Plus, I think that someone else would deserve to win because I think I kinda weaseled my way around the last theme and Northern Lights or Aragornbird deserves to win. And on the off chance that I did win I wouldn't have deserved it, I mean I'm actually surprised I made it this far!

So yeah, I suppose you could say I forfit. xD

Northern Lights
24th January 2011, 9:33 PM
Meh. Just thought I'd let 'ya know that I'm not entering this round because I'm happy being 3rd/4th/5th with no losses. Plus, I think that someone else would deserve to win because I think I kinda weaseled my way around the last theme and Northern Lights or Aragornbird deserves to win. And on the off chance that I did win I wouldn't have deserved it, I mean I'm actually surprised I made it this far!

So yeah, I suppose you could say I forfit. xD

Aww why? I was looking forward to having you and competing with everyone in the last round too =], but I guess if you don't want to or your busy that's fair enough ^^

noobiess
25th January 2011, 11:56 AM
Bummer Cynder :(
But if you change your mind, just send yuor entry to me and I'll add it to the poll
same for Darthvader and fourthbeat....

Good luck to aragornbird and northern lights :) May the best sprite win

ps: forgot to mention the winners of previous round;
Both Northern lights and cynder won because they both had the same amount of votes :)

noobiess
1st February 2011, 1:49 PM
Hi,

After a month and a half of intestiv spriting we finally got ourselves a winner:
ARAGORNBIRD
:D

As promised, the are some trophees to devide:

To the absolute winner:
Aragornbird
http://www.iaza.com/work/110202C/iaza12542893265300.gif

For the second and third place:
Cynder & Northern lights
http://www.iaza.com/work/110202C/iaza12542849839400.gifhttp://www.iaza.com/work/110202C/iaza12542827559800.gif

For 4-8th place:
Fourthbeart,Hejthenerd,Darthvader317,Pokemazter300 1,lucario9
http://www.iaza.com/work/110202C/iaza12542863890000.gifhttp://www.iaza.com/work/110202C/iaza12542814344900.gifhttp://www.iaza.com/work/110202C/iaza12542826984000.gifhttp://www.iaza.com/work/110202C/iaza12542876769000.gifhttp://www.iaza.com/work/110202C/iaza12542898426500.gif

and for all the other contestants:
http://www.iaza.com/work/110202C/iaza12542889199400.gif

So, hopefully you all enjoyed it very much, because despite the huge amount of effort I put into this, I'm really happy I made this tournament.
And hopefully it could create some new rising spriters :)

I'm also really going to try to do this next year too,
of course with some adjustments of the rules (so that not every polls has the famous ~no entry~'s :p)
so it will become much more organised next year.
So hopefully I see you next year :)

Northern Lights
1st February 2011, 6:05 PM
Congrats Aragornbird, you deserve it =]

oooh, yey, i get a trophy too ^^

Cynder
1st February 2011, 8:05 PM
Thanks for the great trophy! I'm really happy I got third, well done Aragornbird and Northern lights!

Lucario9
1st February 2011, 8:38 PM
Congrats guys! Can't wait until next year (when hopefully I'll be a much better scratch spriter XD)

I think you forgot to post my name with the 4-8th trophies.

noobiess
2nd February 2011, 2:20 PM
Congrats guys! Can't wait until next year (when hopefully I'll be a much better scratch spriter XD)

I think you forgot to post my name with the 4-8th trophies.

sorry. I added you to the list :p

CaptainCombusken
2nd February 2011, 4:48 PM
Question: How do ya do the names on the trophies? I'd like to put mine on one of the "other" ones.

Well done everyone, great competition. Congrats aragornbird, you are extremely talented, as is anyone who got into the Semifinals.

And I WILL be back next year!

noobiess
2nd February 2011, 5:58 PM
Well, actually I just use the text-tool (symbol: a big A) :p

But I don't worry, I'll make it for you :)
here you go:
http://www.iaza.com/work/110203C/iaza12542874074800.gif

DarthVader317
2nd February 2011, 6:34 PM
Congrats Aragornbird, and good competition to everyone else. It was fun.

M4zz
4th February 2011, 12:48 AM
Seventh place. Not bad for there being over 30 competitors to begin with. This was fun Noobiess. Hope we can maintain it.

level99love
21st February 2011, 4:05 PM
Congrats, Aragornbird, great job!

MugoUrth
26th February 2011, 8:16 PM
This might be a dumb question, but. ... Where can I see the entries?

Miss Alexis
26th February 2011, 9:07 PM
Congrats to aragonbird! :)

noobiess
26th February 2011, 9:32 PM
This might be a dumb question, but. ... Where can I see the entries?

Well the tournament is actually doen XD
But next year there will be a new one, somewhere around december

MugoUrth
26th February 2011, 9:40 PM
Well the tournament is actually doen XD
But next year there will be a new one, somewhere around december

Yeah, that didn't answer my question.

Northern Lights
26th February 2011, 9:44 PM
Yeah, that didn't answer my question.

Actually it did.
The tournament is over, therefore you can't see the entries as they were all PM'd then voted on in Polls.

MugoUrth
26th February 2011, 9:49 PM
And there's no where we can see the entries?

Northern Lights
26th February 2011, 9:55 PM
And there's no where we can see the entries?

No, unless you want to contact ALL the participants just to see each of their entries, if they even still keep them.

MugoUrth
26th February 2011, 9:59 PM
How Inconvenient.

Northern Lights
26th February 2011, 10:01 PM
How Inconvenient.

It's called tough luck. Deal with it.
The polls were open for ages, it's not our fault that you only just noticed this was here.

MugoUrth
26th February 2011, 10:09 PM
You don't have to be so rude about it.

M4zz
26th February 2011, 10:14 PM

NL isn't being rude. Sorry if she does sound rude, but she isnt meaning to, trust me. I cant send any of my entries. did you try using the page selection tool on the bottom of the subforum and checking each individual page?

Northern Lights
26th February 2011, 11:22 PM

Actually, I wasn't the one appearing to be rude, I never mean to be rude to people i've never met, you were appearing quite impertinent yourself.
I gave you a solution and you basically said it wasn't good enough and shoved it back in my face.

Shouldn't this thread be closed if it's over anyway?

noobiess
27th February 2011, 11:04 AM
Yeah, NL, I ask sweet may to do so, otherwhise people will keep posting in this thread :p

Mugourth, you can look up the polls but going to my profile and then look to all the threads I made. Normally you'll see all the polls there but I can't promise you all the entries will be visible because with iaza all the images only last 90 days or soemthing like that....

M4zz
27th February 2011, 11:25 AM
60. They changed it again.

Sweet May
28th February 2011, 7:10 AM
I've been places. D: Any way closing this tournament! Thank you noobiess for hosting it and thank you all for participating. :p

UNTIL NEXT TIME~!