PDA

View Full Version : My first sprite mashup (ever)!

Professor-Layton
1st December 2010, 6:43 AM
Munapato
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v204/198405/Munapato.jpg

What do you think?

bobandbill
1st December 2010, 8:18 AM
Moved to the fan sprites section for you - fan art stuff goes in the fan art sections. =p

Iristle
1st December 2010, 5:42 PM
I like how you've composed it, however be careful with the file type; saving as .jpg ruins the quality.
Also, you may want to give the piece an overall colour scheme, such as from one pokemon in the splice. You don't have to do it but I think it makes the piece look better composed.

ShinySandshrew
3rd December 2010, 2:27 AM
Well, PL, you did a pretty good job splicing it! And I agree with Iristle. It might be nice to apply a color theme to it.

Keep practicin' and you too could make great sprites! (Ok, that was kinda corny...)

evolutionrex
3rd December 2010, 4:29 AM
i agree with Iristle and ShinySandshrew. no JPG images is the #1 rule in spriting.

noobiess
3rd December 2010, 10:59 PM
Yes, you should change it in png or something like that.
If this is your first sprite ever you are a natural! I love the sprite. The composition looks easy but so brilliant. Keep up the good work :)

Professor-Layton
4th December 2010, 5:32 AM
i agree with Iristle and ShinySandshrew. no JPG images is the #1 rule in spriting.

I didn't save it in JPG, PhotoBucket converted it to JPG when I uploaded it so I didn't really have a choice. I have the original saved in 24-bit Bitmap, which is the format that I find most helpful when doing art on MSpaint.

Thank you all for your comments, I have changed the color of the wings to purple and pink.

P.S. Is it just me, or is Serebii Forums moving shockingly fast today?

BynineB
5th December 2010, 2:52 AM
Save it in PNG format.

M4zz
12th December 2010, 8:19 AM
Do not argue this. PNG format is essential. Never save as anything else. Ever. Or the gnomes'll get ya. Any other format severly diminishes the quality. A colour-scheme would be nice, like a grey to go with the pink eye trails. Keep trying. If this is your first, great things can be expected of you.