PDA

View Full Version : best dragon pokemon???

glowingninetales
3rd December 2010, 6:44 AM
out of-
dragonite
salamence
garchomp
flygon
kingdra

post which one you think is the best dragon pokemon and why. i think dragonite might be the best, since its hard to defeat and has high attack

Primal Crusader V
3rd December 2010, 6:55 AM
Salamence. He's always been the top Aerial combat Dragon in my team and his Dragon Claw and Draco Meteor conquers all trainers and sends them to defeat. Salamence is just my right hand man in Platinum .

DuquÊ?
3rd December 2010, 6:02 PM
Despite I prefer garchomp as favorite dragon, my best fighter is dragonite. It simply can learn almost any attack and, despite its killer weak point (one ice beam and bye bye), a good dragonite with the right attacks can fight almost single handed against a whole team.

Sweep Freak
4th December 2010, 7:40 PM
No Dragon type is the best as they all have advantages over each other (except maybe flygon) but if you picked one, Garchomp.

jesusfreak94
5th December 2010, 1:20 AM
No Dragon type is the best as they all have advantages over each other (except maybe flygon) but if you picked one, Garchomp.

This. No one can really say that one Dragon is better than all of the others, as they all have their own niches that make them special.

Dragonite is set apart for being very bulky. Now, I know that Garchomp has very comparable bulk, but Dragonite does have Roost. Dragonite can capitalize on this bulk with its number of support options, such as Thunder Wave and Heal Bell. Dragonite also has a more impressive movepool than the other Dragons for the most part, with moves like Ice Beam and Thunderbolt, which few or none of the other Dragons have access to. He also has a powerful Fighting move (Superpower) to compliment his Dragon STAB, and powerful priority in Extremespeed.

Salamence is a top notch wall breaker, the best wall breaker of these Dragons as a matter of fact. It has amazing Base 135 Atk and 110 SpA stats, as well as a great Base 100 Spe. It has plenty of powerful moves, and Intimidate to help it survive longer. It is also the most impressive Dragon Dancer of the group, although Kindgra does rival it in the Rain.

Garchomp is a deadly physical sweeper, and is more effective at this than the others. It has a strong Base 130 Atk stat, but really makes it special is those extra 2 stat points in Spe, putting is at Base 102. This allows it to outpace the many Base 100s and lower and take them out. It has access to Swords Dance, which is unique amounst the Dragons. It also has two great STABs, Dragon and Ground, shared only by Flygon. As I mentioned before, Garchomp does have some impressive bulk, with physical bulk rivaling even that of Swampert. Slap on a Yache or Haban Berry, and this is one tough sucker to kill. And don't even get me started on Sand Veil and Sandstorm.

Kingdra is an even more impressive weather abuser than even Garchomp with Swift Swim. Once Rain is up, Kingdra is nearly unbeatable in speed. Kingdra also had arguably the best typing of the Dragons, giving it only one weakness (Dragon) and STABs resisted only by Empoleon and Shedinja. Kingdra has decent stats all across the board, great STABs, and even Dragon Dance to boost its power. It also can use its fairly strong bulk to use the notorious ChestoRest set to nab plenty of Dragon Dances, after which it happily sweeps your team.

Flygon may look badly outclassed by Garchomp, but it does have one niche that sets it apart: scout. Flygon has U-Turn to allow it to scout for the opponent's counters, and then it can come back later to revenge kill and possibly sweep. Flygon's excellent STABs allow it to do plenty of damage, and it does have a few moves that most of the other Dragons don't have, such as Thunderpunch.

Sorry about the big rant, but each Dragon does have its own abilities that make it different, so saying one is better than the others really isn't right. Now, as far as my personal favorite, I'd just have to say Dragonite. That's partially because I'm a big Dragonite fan, but also because I love how impressive his movepool is, and the fact that he is the only Dragon to get useful priority.

The_Boss_Giygas
5th December 2010, 1:35 AM
Kingdra is the best, it has 1 weakness and x4 resistance to water & Fire. Has even stats and an okay set of moves, plus it looks coolest.

pokebeast8
5th December 2010, 1:42 AM
Dragonite. No other dragon can beat the first fully evolved dragon and the first pseudo legendary.

deoxysdude94
5th December 2010, 1:50 AM
I'd have to say dragonite. As good as salamence is, dragonite has over all good stats, and good HP.

Thoril
4th January 2011, 6:25 PM
Garchomp Because in sand its crazy.

card986
7th January 2011, 8:08 PM
my favorite and in my opinion can do most damge would have to be kingdra cause i destroy with him. :P

pokechamp95
7th January 2011, 8:21 PM
id say salamence cause mine has gotten me out of tight battles *cough against a cress with 6 calm minds cough*

Icy Death
23rd January 2011, 8:25 PM
I guess Garchomp, but I like using Gabite better just because it's so awesome.

Zennyboiz
27th January 2011, 11:27 PM
I'd say either Nite or Kingdra.

silver wing 22
27th January 2011, 11:30 PM
to me garchomp is the best dragon type because in a battle it could defeate all other dragons

Typhlosionvsworld
27th January 2011, 11:31 PM
My Dragonite, Kingdra, and Altaria destroy
Dragonite: moveset

Rock Slide (curse you ice)
Earthquake (curse you rock)
Fly
Draco Meteor

Kindra: moveset

Waterfall
Hydro pump
Blizzard
Flash Cannon

Altaria: Moveset

Fire Blast
Draco Meteor
Fly
Dragon Dance

artbomber_97
29th January 2011, 5:58 AM
Of all those you listed, of course Garchomp is the best dragon. But this is a 3rd gen pokemon discussion, and Garchomp didn't even exist in 3rd gen. Lol.

LegitBreeder
25th February 2011, 4:57 PM
Dragonite, I love my dragonite :) We beat many garchomp together, all other dragons for that matter...

multi-scale
25th February 2011, 7:51 PM
Dragonite is the best. Good stats and a great DW ability. I'm totally biased, in case you haven't noticed.

Kenny Pkmn Trainer
25th February 2011, 7:57 PM
Dragonite. Always the first classic dragon!

KAC-N
3rd March 2011, 9:50 AM
Im going with Dragonite and Flygon. Just because theyre kewl!

Ausgirl
3rd March 2011, 10:17 AM
Salamence although I love all of them.

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)
3rd March 2011, 10:33 AM
garchomp is 2 fast it would wipe out a dragonite before dragonite even has a chance

blak
3rd March 2011, 10:59 AM
Dragons: I love them all, but Garchomp is currently my favourite.
However, my favourite pre-4th Gen Dragon would be Salamence. I also really like Flygon.

Grand~Kingdra
4th March 2011, 7:01 AM
Kingdra of courseWith either sp attack or regular attack he could pull off well, he does not have 4x weakness, he can ice beam oher dragons down easily, he is super fast with swift swim in the rain.
Garchomp is an uber, so of course he is best stat wise, but Kingdra has a nice movepool that could defeat garchomp without oo much hassle (just gotta watch out for outrage)

chanseychansey77
4th March 2011, 7:55 AM
Salamance is my favorite!

ShadowSplash
4th March 2011, 8:17 AM
Salamence has always seemed like the best because of its stats, and Garchomp too since it's always banned as Uber. But Dragonite will always be my favorite, with Flygon next. :x

LordVader2719
4th March 2011, 8:19 AM
Well, my Dragonite got her butt kicked by a Kingdra's Ice Beam, despite having a Yache Berry, so I'm gonna go with Kingdra.

locomo
4th March 2011, 8:21 AM
Altaria, design wise....

BuizelPidgeot
4th March 2011, 8:37 AM
Flygon, it is overall the best dragonotype out of theese.

Masteryoshimon
4th March 2011, 8:49 AM
Dragonite-
It can sweep all three ways
It has pretty good bulk, especially with it's DW ability
Incredibly movepool
One immunity
A good recovery move
And is pretty speedy to boot

TRAFATTACK
5th March 2011, 2:14 AM
Well I've loved Dragonite ever since I first saw Lance throw it out back when I was a little boy playing pokemon red, but I do have say that Kingdra types do provide resistances that other dragons don't. But I like Dragonite, so I'm going to say Dragonite is the best dragon, nay the best pokemon ever (I'm also biased, it's fun).

Bguy7
5th March 2011, 2:24 AM
I think that salamance is the best.

but of course none of them are better then the best dragon type ever......Giratina!

ProjectTitan313
5th March 2011, 2:29 AM
Dragonite. Tough, hits hard, Speed is good enough, learns tons of things, and its just so lovable. You know you'd give it a hug.

TeamToge
7th April 2011, 3:19 AM
My fav is dragonaire because it is just so majestic. :)

legendarypokemonmaster
8th April 2011, 1:05 AM
They are all cool! I think I'll say Garchomp for Gen 1-4, it is really good and has nearly unresisted STAB moves.

PokeMEN
13th April 2011, 9:02 PM
I'd have to say garchomp, its uber for a reason.

rykerr1
13th April 2011, 9:17 PM
I like Salamence the best. He just looks really scary, and has beastly attack with pretty decent speed. And he has a good movepool.

lunar22
14th April 2011, 12:46 AM
Garchomp is actually the best competitive battling-wise.

123fakestreet
14th April 2011, 12:52 AM

Amen to that. As a logical calculated and some say heartless battler I must say Garchomp has stolen the show.

orangezilla
14th April 2011, 12:56 AM
Garchomp fullstop

cookies kill you
14th April 2011, 12:57 AM
if used right Garchomp

meteor64
14th April 2011, 9:22 AM
What don't people understand about "older gens"?
Anyway, for sweeping potential, DDmence is best, alongside DDnite if pulled off correctly. Nite has special bulk over Mence, which too many people overlook without considering.
Flygons never worked for me, all it does is force switches, and Kingdra is far too easily walled by the likes of Blissey and Regice.

wascos1
14th April 2011, 10:27 AM
I have used all the dragons when I was designing my team. Multiscale Dragonite, Sword Dance Chomp, SS Kingdra, Flygon, and Salamence. Each is special in their own way, however the One Dragon who has made the difference in a critical battle has been my Salamence. Run a Naive Nature with 252 Spd and you'll outrun Garchomp (unless Chomp is Naive/Jolly). Most people I have seen using Chomp run an Adamant Nature Chomp, and that is what gives Mence the edge. Salamences Stats are just in the Right place, 135 Atk, 110 SAtk, 100 Spd, and the second most diverse movepool of all the dragons (Dragonite has the most diverse). Salamence can really destroy a team.

Abby Yoga
14th April 2011, 10:38 AM
Gonna choose garchomp with this set

"MEGACHOMP!!!"
Garchomp (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Veil
EVs: 255 Atk / 255 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
NOTE: Sandstorm needed :P

uberheracross
14th April 2011, 11:03 AM
Haxorus, has swords dance and a 147 base attack and is very fast so it bests them all

wascos1
14th April 2011, 5:24 PM
Haxorus, has swords dance and a 147 base attack and is very fast so it bests them all

Salamence and Garchomp are faster than Haxorus. Garchomp has a base 102 Speed and Salamence has a Base 100 while Haxorus has a Base 97 speed.

One thing I have to say is, it doesn't matter about how high their attacks are, the one to hit first with a Dragon Attack (Dragon -v- Dragon) is going to win, except now for maybe, Dragonite and Multiscale. Multiscale is pretty much the only reason Dragonite is still OU in the 5th gen because Mence and Chomp in the 4th made Dragonite look bad. Combine Dragonites Bulk with its ridiculous Attack, tag on Multiscale and Dragonite is a formidable opponent now...

Witchan
14th April 2011, 6:14 PM
I'd say Dragonite since it's heavily diversed than its other Dragon-type counterparts.

dawn 64
4th May 2011, 10:59 PM
You guys do realize all other dragons are chanceless in a battle against garchomp? It outspeeds and one hits all of them.

Larry
4th May 2011, 11:03 PM
Baton pass a Swords dance and 2 Speed Boosts to a Salamence is dirty.

CrobatOwns
4th May 2011, 11:03 PM
Haxorus adamant natured with choice scarf is beast :D

but overall Garchomp or Salamance is the best. Haxorus is up there too^^

MikeDanger
4th May 2011, 11:44 PM
garchomp is actually the top tier dragon in my opinion. not much can get past him

beshort123
4th May 2011, 11:47 PM

I disagree with this for the most part. True statistically speaking Garchomp has an upper hand, but if you love something enough you will find a way to make it work to your advantage. For instance someone could just get a really strong pokemon, in this case garchomp, and still lose to someone who got a pokemon that they really like. It is a known fact that you will work with something better if you like it, rather than taking the better thing.

weaviledarkrai
4th May 2011, 11:51 PM
Dragonite w/ Multiscale gets up DD's really easily with roost and looks awesome ;)

zapto369
4th May 2011, 11:54 PM
Although it pains me to admit it because I'm a big Salamence fan, I think that statistically speaking, Garchomp is a bit better.

BlazingCold
5th May 2011, 12:32 AM
Hydregion! Geez~

acetrainerdov
18th May 2011, 9:47 PM
gotta be garchomp

GU77
24th May 2011, 4:50 AM
Well, this is in the older gens forum, so I am going to go with Dragonite.
Undsiputedly the best Dragon type of 1st Gen. :p

But yeah, my answer would still be the Dragonite, because it is cool. I mean, it even has Nite in the name. That is like, the incorrect spelling of two words, and you can't tell which one it is. Vague and mysterious. And then it KOs you, or cures your team of status, or prepares to KO you by dancing around you, because Dragonite is so awesome it is allowed to dance, and the opponents can't do anything about it.

Oh, I am clearly not biased in any way with this though, especially since Dragonair is one of my all-time favourite poke'mon.

White_Stoner30
24th May 2011, 5:20 AM
Garchomp is the best in my opinion but DNite is pretty beast with multiscale but honestly garchomp is just better when used right Example: in a Sandstorm its ability Sand Veil activates

kaiser soze
24th May 2011, 6:50 AM
actually kingdra is the fastest now with drizzle + swift swim. and since its only weakness is dragon, it outspeeds pretty much anything its weak too. and this is why we cant have fun in OU with drizzle and swift swim (major buzzkill for things like ludicolo and kabutops).

garchomp was created too strong IMO. if they at least brought down his speed that would be nice (since 102 is better that sally or flygon, whose niche as a ground-dragon was stolen by chomp). I still like flygon beter though. whlie it doesnt have pseudolegendary stats, it does have many things garchomp doesnt, like levitate, u-turn, fly (better for in-game of course)

GU77
24th May 2011, 9:56 PM
Well, since Flygon generally uses a Scarf (or at least, did, I'm not that active in the 5th Gen discussion), it would be able to outspeed the others.

Thinking over my choice, while I still like Dragonite, Kingdra might actually be the better choice. In rain dance teams, (or with the new Drizzle Politoed, although apparently swift swim was banned with it in some environments?) Kingdra is probably the best, as it gets the Speed boost, and then can strike with either Dragon Pulse or Ice Beam (or Surf even), and dish out damage.

Then again, team support for Garchomp (for example, Tyranitar), could make it harder for Kingdra to work, and then Garchomp could KO it. (although it couldn't switch in safely, could it?).

Tbird
24th May 2011, 10:07 PM
Ever Dragon has their Niche. And who's better completely depends on the support from the team. None of them will work great if you don't provide them the right support.

Revenge Killing Goes to Garchomp
Sweeping goes to Salamence
Breaking Walls goes to Dragonite
Scouting goes to Flygon
Special Sweeping goes to Kingdra in the Rain.

If played right any one of them can tear an unprepared team to shreds.

TheEpicGoomba
24th May 2011, 10:09 PM
I will have to say Dragonite. He is the first classc dragon, Learns good move(Like all the others), and is very bulky yet has good attack power

GU77
25th May 2011, 1:32 AM
Ever(y) Dragon has their Niche. And who's better completely depends on the support from the team. None of them will work great if you don't provide them the right support.

Revenge Killing Goes to Garchomp
Sweeping goes to Salamence
Breaking Walls goes to Dragonite
Scouting goes to Flygon
Special Sweeping goes to Kingdra in the Rain.

Complete agreance (if that is a real word) with this.

Typhlosionvsworld
25th May 2011, 1:34 AM
Dragonite or Salamence, because they have high attack.
Dragonite has high defenses, while Salamence has high speed.

Mister_SGG
25th May 2011, 1:36 AM
I love all of them. Kingdra looks cool, and it's a seahorse. That adds up to awesome. Chomp and Mence... no explination required. Dragonite & Flygon have popularity problems when compared to Salamence & Garchomp.

kadabra spoon
23rd June 2011, 6:51 PM
Garchomp is the best
How many hammerhead sharks do you see on the land..??

Dlugazaba
29th June 2011, 11:56 PM
Well i think it is salamence it has very good speed and you can boost one of the attack stat. It can learn also powerful moves.

The speed alows you to avoid being destroyed by ice beam. [my tactic on dragonite since it is slow is to use ice beam it is *4. You can also do it with thunder waves then confuse rays]

noob21
9th July 2011, 11:41 PM
Its obvious that garchomp is the choice here. Its been ban in 4th gen and now 5th it has no counter's and can garuntee at least one kill. It isnt my favorite dragon pokemon out of the choices though.

fire_man
15th July 2011, 3:12 AM
Salamence. He is one of my favs and he is in a very high tier in Smogon. Garchomp is decent as well

.,.Justus.,.
11th September 2011, 4:52 PM
Mine is Garchomp

qwerty1111
15th September 2011, 3:08 AM
flygon or salamence

Gelatino95
15th September 2011, 3:30 AM
They each do different things. Flygon scouts and stuff, Garchomp sweeps with its speed and raw power, and Dragonite sweeps with its bulk and raw power.

Larry
15th September 2011, 3:59 AM
Dragonite with Choice Band Outrage
Kingdra with Swift Swim and Surf.

Shiny_Wooper
29th September 2011, 6:56 AM
hmm i would pick flygon

Gray™
29th September 2011, 12:28 PM
Ever Dragon has their Niche. And who's better completely depends on the support from the team. None of them will work great if you don't provide them the right support.I don't support mence.All I do is use DD and it does great.Same with all my dragons.

Revenge Killing Goes to GarchompLatios/Scarfed Haxorus(Older gen haxorus isn't in but you get the point)
Sweeping/Breaking Walls goes to Salamence(Salamence is the OG of Breaking Walls)
Breaking Walls goes to Dragonite^As I said before this goes to Mence
Scouting goes to Flygon
Special Sweeping goes to Kingdra in the Rain.Hydreigon(same gen thing) and the Lati twins.
Supporting goes to Altaria.(Why do you keep forgetting the one Dragon that rapes excadrill on sandstorm?.-.)

If I see just one more person saying garchomp is the best because its Uber I will kill someone.Garchomp isn't Uber because it's the best.It's uber because it got a haxy ability(funny thing smogon still wont ban rachi or toge but chomp gets a few misses and becomes uber).Its stopped by pokemons that a simple attack from another Dragon would kill.Example skar vs chomp=skar wins,skar vs mence=fire blast mence wins.
so yeah-_-

Vandslaux
29th September 2011, 2:25 PM
I'd say Dragonite, as Chomp's Uber, Flygon kinda sucks (meh stats), Kingdra can't use SS with Drizzle.

manifesto
29th September 2011, 2:27 PM
Personal preference goes to Flygon. For sweeping purposes I usually go Dragonite. It's such a cool Pokemon and Multiscale makes for some intense bulk for the opening attack (which is usually thunder wave for me.)

TheMaster
29th September 2011, 2:44 PM
If I see just one more person saying garchomp is the best because its Uber I will kill someone.Garchomp isn't Uber because it's the best.It's uber because it got a haxy ability(funny thing smogon still wont ban rachi or toge but chomp gets a few misses and becomes uber).Its stopped by pokemons that a simple attack from another Dragon would kill.Example skar vs chomp=skar wins,skar vs mence=fire blast mence wins.
so yeah-_-

I totally second this. The fact that garchomp is uber doesnt mean it is the best dragon out there. (smogon got somewhat stupid with the banhammer). Also Kingdra is banned along with Drizzle if swift swim is used reducing its potential by alot.

Vandslaux
29th September 2011, 11:02 PM
Nvm my post, as I realize this isn't the 5th gen discussion.

~Sam~
11th October 2011, 10:45 AM
dragonite and garchomp

nathandg0924
11th October 2011, 10:52 AM
I'll say Salamence, fast and powerful and can 1 hit KO alot of Pokemon with the right moves. Dragonite and Garchomp I guess are second

sleepy4ever
15th October 2011, 1:18 PM
I'll say Salamence, fast and powerful and can 1 hit KO alot of Pokemon with the right moves. Dragonite and Garchomp I guess are second

This is true but my favourite one would be Dragonite, it always has been but with new dragon types coming out all the time... Dragonite's place just seems to be fading away... but not to worry Dragonite, you'll always be part of my competitive team!

Thanks.

Simipour
15th October 2011, 1:40 PM
This is true but my favourite one would be Dragonite, it always has been but with new dragon types coming out all the time... Dragonite's place just seems to be fading away... but not to worry Dragonite, you'll always be part of my competitive team!

Thanks.

Dragonite's place was fading away. But now it's more popular than all dragon types within OU. Because Multiscale is win. Also salamence is an ugly midget(i'm taller than it...) whilst dragonite is cute and awesome :D

I know this is pre 5th gen but the convo is happening NOW. dragonite for the win regardless, i used him in gen 4 anyways. Things like extremespeed are really handy.

greatguy
22nd November 2011, 4:46 PM
Rayquaza. I love his looks and he's a good sweeper too. He wouldn't be my first choice to use in competitive battle, but I love him.

Does Gyarados count as a Dragon? Its Flying type should be made into a Dragon type, I think. To my knowledge, Gyarados cannot fly, unless that is somehow changed in an upcoming episode-though I doubt anyone here watches the anime, so no one would know....

Netz
22nd November 2011, 6:18 PM
Depends, out of all pokemon I guess Rayquaza but in OU i think it's Salamence.

ThisIsPatrick
22nd November 2011, 8:59 PM
Im going with Flygon because it smashed the e4 and champ on my ss

Disaster9200
22nd November 2011, 9:35 PM
Salamence.
Because I'm bias. lmao.

pbnj97
3rd December 2011, 12:52 AM
Garchomp cause it crushes everything

LordVader2719
3rd December 2011, 1:13 AM
I say Dragonite. It's a bulky sweeper, what more do you want? I haven't really used any other dragons, so my opinion's biased. I am planning to use Salamence and Gyarados (it's not a Dragon type, but it's still a dragon), though. We'll see if my opinion changes after I use them.

sAv1Or)
6th December 2011, 8:48 PM
My Ph.D. in Dragons qualifies me to say Dragonite. Definitely not because hes my favorite though :) Garchomp's sword dance is pretty swell though I must say

muslera86
6th December 2011, 8:51 PM
I can't really pick between Salamance and Dragonite. I think Salamance looks a lot cooler, with his beast wings, but my Dragonite knows stronger moves. I guess I'd have to go with Dragonite, and Salamance is a close second.

redcharzard
10th December 2011, 3:58 AM
for gen 4
1st Garchomp its the fastest and has massive power.
2nd Salamance highest speed and attack combination.
3rd Dragonite it has bulk and power.
4th Kingdra decent pokemon only one weakness
5th Flygon it has fallen in use since garchomp but its still good.

destructo
12th December 2011, 4:58 AM
Garchomp is the best dragon when i want to abuse hax with sand stream. Other times, Salamence is best becuase I threaten any switch that comes on with the mix set. In the current ou tier, bulky kingdra is the best as I can set up, then heal continously

-Nator-
12th December 2011, 5:03 AM
D-nite. Without a doubt.

melissa.g
9th February 2012, 4:33 AM
Probably Dragonite. He may look like a perky weirdo; however, he's actually extremely powerful.

Ash Ketchum!
17th February 2012, 3:41 PM
for gen 4
1st Garchomp its the fastest and has massive power.
2nd Salamance highest speed and attack combination.
3rd Dragonite it has bulk and power.
4th Kingdra decent pokemon only one weakness
5th Flygon it has fallen in use since garchomp but its still good.

^I agree with this

floatzel98
17th February 2012, 10:21 PM
You can't bump threads over 1 month old, so this will get locked.

Archaic
25th April 2012, 6:37 AM
I like Kingdra, but hes outclassed by Palkia now... :/ So I say Garchomp or Haxorus

Serebii!
25th April 2012, 9:21 AM
My favourite is Dragonite one of the Pokemon I used in Fire Red

tohapply
25th April 2012, 10:00 AM
I think dragonite is the best . it is strong .

Kingdra98
25th April 2012, 10:57 AM
I like dragonite the best but i believe garchomp is better.Garchomps really fast giving it an early advantage and i just love Dragon Claw.

Archaic
27th April 2012, 1:24 AM
Competitively it's Garchomp. But I like Dragonite. I stick with the origionals.

epicperson460
18th July 2012, 4:36 PM
hard one i would choose dragonite because his stats are good and are a total of 600 salemence is also good and rounds up to 600 but salemence has a higher attack by 1

DarkTitan837
21st July 2012, 12:53 AM
I say Garchomp due to its speed factor, and the fact it isn't effected by pesky Stealth Rock or Electric-Type attacks.

It also has a stellar Attack stat, and if you have it hold a Yache berry, it can take a hit from an Ice-type and then maul it the next turn with Fire Fang (after Swords Dance).

Shinluxray348
22nd July 2012, 4:24 AM
Garchomp is the best in my opinion. His speed is what sets him apart from the others.

☭Secret_Shocker☭
10th August 2012, 8:32 AM
Dragonite. It's got very good pros from a competitive standpoint, and the best is that it's got roost.

Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama
10th August 2012, 8:46 AM
Dragonite, Salamemce, or Garchomp. Good speed for Salamence and Garchomp too.

Jaguartail
20th August 2012, 2:07 AM
Salamence, due to his moves and stats.

CovertNinja
20th August 2012, 2:11 AM
Top 100 Pokemon by stats (http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/stat/all.shtml)
It says Dragonite is the best non-legendary

brendan25
20th August 2012, 2:14 AM
Salamence, Dragonite and Garchomp, they are my faves, and they are big!!! But hardly to raise. I got a salamence in my emerald, it was really hard to raise than my other Pokemons

Victini is cool
20th August 2012, 8:08 PM
Salamence is better than garchomp.

Ilan
20th August 2012, 8:31 PM
Top 100 Pokemon by stats (http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/stat/all.shtml)
It says Dragonite is the best non-legendary

It doesn't say that... it is just randomaly in this place it is top 100 by stats but all pseudo legendaries have base 600 stat.. and stat total=/= being the best take kyurem for example a base 660 salamence is so much better.

Fabulous Ampharos
26th August 2012, 7:45 PM
Dragonite is the best. Good stats and a great DW ability. I'm totally biased, in case you haven't noticed.

So true :3 Also, dragonite learns all the elemental punches.

Mr. Ribbles
26th August 2012, 8:13 PM
Dragonite. Cute'N'Derpy as said by a fellow forum member.

Chidori__O
26th August 2012, 8:18 PM
There is no best dragon type. They all have their ups and downs.

But the pre-evolved form of Hydrageon...it's the best Outrage user and I don't think most people know that.

Ilan
26th August 2012, 8:56 PM
There is no best dragon type. They all have their ups and downs.

But the pre-evolved form of Hydrageon...it's the best Outrage user and I don't think most people know that.

it is Zweilous it have the most powerful none bosted outrage outside of ubers but +1 OU dragons outrage are actually stronger.
I would say he is the best if he had dragon dance but it is too slow and frail and inaccurate.

Shego
28th August 2012, 9:01 AM
Most dragon type pokemon are amazing. Dragonite is great, but I like to go with Garchomp.

Swagsire
28th August 2012, 5:18 PM
I love too many! I'm still going garchomp though. All the way Qwaa ;195;

5221A
30th August 2012, 1:48 AM
Dragonite because of his bulk and movepoll. But Garchomp and Flygon are great too

Star Champion AJ
30th August 2012, 2:00 AM
http://media.pldh.net/pokemon/gen5/blackwhite_animated_front/330.gif
Flygon gets my vote.
Though it's outclassed by Salamence and Garchomp, Flygon has a few things the other Dragons won't have in years.
1: In a world where Earthquake and Stone Edge/Rock Slide are constantly spammed here and there, Flygon is the only Dragon-type (besides Vibrava) resisting the Quake Edge combo.
2: In a world where entry hazards are almost always present, Flygon has the highest entry hazard resistance among all Dragons (only takes minimal damage from Stealth Rock).
3: Unlike Dragonite, Altaria and Salamence, Flygon keeps its Ground immunity via Roost (but there's a big problem with that).

Skittles.
30th August 2012, 2:03 AM
I just like Kingdra the most, so that's what I'd say. No other reason though. lol.

Fabulous Ampharos
30th August 2012, 2:05 AM
Dragonite is the best :3

AGGRON GUY
5th January 2013, 9:09 AM
i really want it to be dragonite but we all know its garchomp.garchomp is bad butt and a cold blooded killer.awsome moves aswome look and awsome pokemon.if your going up aganist one your dead.

poketrainer4
6th January 2013, 6:08 AM
I do think that Salamence is the best dragon type pseudo-legendary pokemon because it was on of the most dominating forces of Generation 3. It has a base status total of 600 with its strongest status being attack. It is also one of the fastest flyers and can learn both Hyper Beam and Outrage(Move Tutor).

Pogaymon
16th January 2013, 2:05 PM
The real dispute is between Dragonite, Salamence and Garchomp as they're pseudo-legendaries.

Between them, I go with Dragonite because of the stats distribution.

Chingchar
16th January 2013, 3:13 PM
I'd say Salamence because of its ability (or is it just me that finds intimidate useful) and stats.

Pogaymon
16th January 2013, 3:42 PM
I'd say Salamence because of its ability (or is it just me that finds intimidate useful) and stats.

Oh yeah, its ability Intimidate is so useful, but it cannot cover Ice Beam or Blizzard, though.

Chingchar
16th January 2013, 3:48 PM
Oh yeah, its ability Intimidate is so useful, but it cannot cover Ice Beam or Blizzard, though.

'That' is a problem! But then again it can reduce the power of an ice punch which Dragonite or garchomp can't do.

The DragonKnight
17th January 2013, 2:35 AM
I think only two Dragon Type Pokemon are in the conversation for 'The Best Dragon Type'.

;149; vs ;373;

Dragonite, with Multiscale, can be really tough to stop, especially if it can recover itself to full health with either Roost or Rest + Chesto Berry. He is probably one of the best defensive Dragon Types if you want him to be, because of his move set and Stats. His wide move set makes it easier to cover weaknesses. He can cover his weaknesses against Rock Types with Earthquake, Aqua Tail, Dive, Waterfall, Super Power, Iron Tail, and other moves. He can cover his Ice weakness with Fire Punch, Super Power, Iron Tail, Stone Edge, Rock Slide, and other moves. Have a Dragonite with the move set of Dragon Dance, Earthquake, Rest, and Outrage with a Chesto Berry and Multiscale (plus Adamant Nature), he'd be tough to stop. Outside of Ice types, Stealth Rock and Hail/Sandstorm are the only things that'd concern a Multiscale Dragonite Trainer. If you start with Dragonite, Stealth Rocks shouldn't be an issue, but weather, there isn't much you can do, other than shorten your Dragon Dance charge ups. But, if this is a question for before Gen 5, he is not the choice for best Dragon. If he can have Multiscale, I'd choose him over any other non-Legendary Dragon Type.

Salamance is my second choice (first if you don't count Dragonite's Multiscale), because of his high power and speed. He doesn't even have to know Dragon Dance, because his Ability doesn't support it like Dragonite's does. He has high Attack and Special Attack, which makes it a good idea to have a Naughty Nature Salamance with a move set, along the lines of Draco Meteor, Earthquake, Outrage, and Stone Edge/Iron Tail. All of his moves take care of each of his weaknesses and all deal 100+ base power.

First post here... read around for a while before making an account.

Pogaymon
17th January 2013, 6:52 PM
'That' is a problem! But then again it can reduce the power of an ice punch which Dragonite or garchomp can't do.

And you forgot Avalanche! It's terrible!

Hilda
17th January 2013, 7:17 PM
Dragonite, it is the king dragon.

Prophet800
18th February 2013, 6:31 AM
Dragonite, Easily.

But my Hydreigon is hard to kill like Steven Seagal.

AnakBaé
18th February 2013, 6:47 AM
In 4th gen? Salamence. Before it gets banned from 4th gen OU, that can thing tear through anything but crocune, weavile & etc.
For personal favorite, its on my sig :I

UbersSuck20
24th April 2013, 9:09 PM
Garchomp, definitely.

In gen 4, noobs were fawning over it, and we discovered it was actually good. SD Garchomp was ridiculous, especially in sand. It was like this:

The foe's Garchomp used Swords Dance!
Go, Starmie!
Starmie used Ice Beam! Ice Beam misses! Garchomp beats the crap out of Starmie and then sweeps your team.

Or...
The foe's Garchomp used Swords Dance!
Go, Starmie!
Starmie used Ice Beam!
It's super effective!
The foe's Garchomp's Yache Berry weakens Ice Beam's power!
Garchomp takes 70% damage!
Garchomp beats the crap out of Starmie and then sweeps your team.

Weavile was pretty much the ONLY check to Garchomp if he was at 100% health.

Mr Dragon
24th April 2013, 9:18 PM
Dragonite. Multiscale just does so much to add to it's bulk.

Zearod
28th April 2013, 6:31 PM
I'd have to say Garchomp is out of the list for me because speed isn't enough really. And not to mention it's pretty abusive when using Sand Storm with Double Team. Salamence has it's draw backs being that it seriously lacks physical and special defense. All Salamence relies on are basically just attacks. But of all Dragon types, I'd go with Dragonite hands down. Known for high attack and above average stats along with being the very FIRST Pseudo Legendary Pokémon. And there is a video I watched on YouTube some guy made about Dragonite and it was pretty funny. So yes, Dragonite takes the cake on this one.

Falchy
28th April 2013, 6:46 PM
Arceus with a dragon plate. Lol Jk.

If you're including legendaries, it'd have to Rayquaza. I don't call him WRECKquaza for nothing.
If you're not including legendaries, probably Dragonite. He's quite possibly the best pseudo legendary in pokemon history.

Benjamin.C
5th May 2013, 4:12 AM
Dragonite. I only say this because I have a Dragonite in PMD:EoS and in SS, with maxed out stats, and epic moves.

•Cute Pokemon Lover•
5th May 2013, 4:25 AM
Garchomp looks cool and Dragonite since it's confusing to which type it's weak to if it flies and a dragon

☭Azimuth_055☣
7th May 2013, 5:11 PM
IMO, Dragonite is the best. That thing can tear apart almost everything.

Rezzuréct
25th July 2013, 12:50 PM
Hmm, that's hard... MoxieMence is beast, but Multiscale Dnite is a little more bulky, Kingdra is also good after +1 but walled by Ferrothorn. I'd go with Dragonite.