PDA

View Full Version : Dream BW 3 Starter team

Chill92
9th December 2010, 10:52 AM
So for both competetive play and mostly normal play, I have decided to build this team with the 3 starters and 3 other pokemon

Kenhorou
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/e/ec/521.png
Nature: Impish (+Defense, -SpAttack)
Ability: Super luck
Moves:
U-turn
Tailwind
Return
Aeiral ace

Mostly works like a spy for the team, and supporting my team with a speed boost with tailwind. If it survives the first turn after setting the move I use U-turn to switch for Waruvial in case I'm facing an electric type etc

Jalorda
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/4/47/Spr_5b_497.png
Nature: Modest (+SpAttack, -Attack)
Ability: Antagonist
Moves:
Leaf Storm
Hidden power (rock)
Dragon tail
Swagger

Leaf storm gets even stronger with this ability and I have hidden power to counter any other pokemon type that threatens the grass type (except poison). Swagger will reduce the attack of my opponents instead with it's ability. Dragon tail to remove nuisances like Steel types etc

Enbuoh
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/b/be/500.png
Nature: Any neutral nature
Ability: Reckless
Moves:
Hammer arm
Flare Blitz
Wild Tempo
Head Smash

Hammer arm as good STAB move and since it's a slow the speed loss is not that great. Kenhorou may also set up a tail wind before. It's other moves becomes even stronger with the reckless ability. Wild tempo for water types, Head Smash for flying types and Flare Blitz being the strongest out of all moves

Daienki
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/9/99/503.png
Nature: Any neutral
Ability: Torrent
Moves:
Aqua Tail
Megahorn
Ice Beam
Sword Dance

By setting Sword Dance, I can raise the attack of Waterfall, a reliable strong STAB move and Megahorn for covering grass types. Ice Beam, well covers a lot of types (grass too so I have two choices).

Waruvial
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/e/ef/553.png
Nature: Adamant (+Attack, -SpAttack)
Ability: Overconfident
Moves:
Foul Play/Trickery (translation)
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Hone Claws

Both Trickery and Earthquake gets good STAB. Stone Edge to cover Ice and Bug. Not only does Hone Claws make it's moves stronger, but it helps the accuracy of Stone Edge too. Great ability too

Ononokus
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/9/9a/612.png
Ability: Mold Breaker
Moves:
Dragon Dance
Dragon Claw
Brick Break
Toxic

Dragon dance to set up for dragon claw and brick break. Brick Break to damage ice types and also because Steel types resist Dragon moves. Toxic for any annoying enemy

I am open for any suggestions for new movesets and natures, but I would like to keep the same pokemon in the team. Also I suck at items, and I am completly clueless on using them, so it would be great if you could add them :D

jolteonjak
9th December 2010, 3:02 PM
Kenhorou
Nature: Impish (+Defense, -SpAttack)
Ability: Super luck
Moves:
U-turn
Tailwind
Return
Aeiral ace

Mostly works like a spy for the team, and supporting my team with a speed boost with tailwind. If it survives the first turn after setting the move I use U-turn to switch for Waruvial in case I'm facing an electric type etc

I'm not positive, but if you want to scout maybe run Jolly instead of Impish.

Jalorda
Nature: Modest (+SpAttack, -Attack)
Ability: Antagonist
Moves:
Leaf Storm
Hidden power (rock)
Dragon tail
Swagger

Leaf storm gets even stronger with this ability and I have hidden power to counter any other pokemon type that threatens the grass type (except poison). Swagger will reduce the attack of my opponents instead with it's ability. Dragon tail to remove nuisances like Steel types etc

Personally I hate the move Dragon Tail, but Jalorda is actually kinda bulky to work it (if a Grass type could ever be bulky). Does Swagger really lower attack with that ability? This ability sounds a little broken to me, but wev. If not, I'd put Toxic here. It can be used better here than the dragon.

Enbuoh
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Reckless
Moves:
Hammer arm
Flare Blitz
Wild Tempo
Head Smash

Hammer arm as good STAB move and since it's a slow the speed loss is not that great. Kenhorou may also set up a tail wind before. It's other moves becomes even stronger with the reckless ability. Wild tempo for water types, Head Smash for flying types and Flare Blitz being the strongest out of all moves

First things first, Adamant over neutral. Most of your attacks are physical. Enbuoh has no use for its SpAtk. Speaking of attacks what the hell is Wild Tempo? Sounds like you meant Wild Bolt since you say it's for Water Types. With all the recoil you're taking, Piggy really needs Leftovers and/or Wish support

Daienki
Nature: Lonely/Naughty
Ability: Torrent
Moves:
Waterfall/Aqua Tail
Megahorn
Ice Beam
Sword Dance

By setting Sword Dance, I can raise the attack of Waterfall, a reliable strong STAB move and Megahorn for covering grass types. Ice Beam, well covers a lot of types (grass too so I have two choices).

Hmm...you have a few choices for nature here, but NO neutral. I'm suggesting Lonely or Naughty. You listed Aqua Tail, but you mention Waterfall. Personally I like Waterfall better, but I guess it's your choice ultimately. Otherwise, it seems fairly standard. For an item I'd suggest Choice Scarf

Waruvial
Ability: Overconfident
Moves:
Foul Play/Trickery (translation)
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Hone Claws

Both Trickery and Earthquake gets good STAB. Stone Edge to cover Ice and Bug. Not only does Hone Claws make it's moves stronger, but it helps the accuracy of Stone Edge too. Great ability too.

Looks great. Crunch is an option over Foul Play too, and I think most would suggest instead. I think if you do use Hone Claws, you should change to Crunch since Hone Claws will mess with Foul Play. Not too sure. If so, there's always Outrage you can use over Hone Claws.

Ononokus
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/9/9a/612.png
Ability: Mold Breaker
Moves:
Dragon Dance
Dragon Claw
Brick Break
Earthquake

Dragon dance to set up for dragon claw and brick break. Brick Break to damage ice types and also because Steel types resist Dragon moves. Toxic for any annoying enemy.

Drop Toxic for Earthquake. Strange that this is one of the only Dragons (not with a water typing) that cannot learn Flamethrower, Fire Blast, or Overheat. But it can learn Incinerate! WOOT! Also consider Outrage over Dragon Claw. If you're a user of Dream World (or whatever that is), grow lots of Lum or Persim Berries.

I am open for any suggestions for new movesets and natures, but I would like to keep the same pokemon in the team. Also I suck at items, and I am completly clueless on using them, so it would be great if you could add them :D

Nice team, check the bold.

Chill92
9th December 2010, 6:26 PM
Nice team, check the bold.

Thanks man!

To be trueful, I'm a bit unsure what to do with Kenhorou. But the extra speed nature is useful yea

I thought for Jalorda the Dragon tail would be good for removing nuisances like Steel types (Hidden power and Leaf Storm won't be good against them). Toxic may be better if since I have no one from my team has stealth rock/variation moves which I can abuse with Dragon tail. From What I heard of it's ability antagonist, all moves not only affect it, but the opponents too. For example if Jalorda uses Leer on the target, the defense will rise instead, but if the target uses swagger, it will lower my attack, so it can be used against me too. (But in this case attack reduction wont mean much since it's a majorly special attacker)

Of course Adamant nature for Enbouh! What was I thinking, I was figuring something was wrong. And yea I meant Wild Bolt :P. Leftovers sounds good

So Daineki's defense are good enough then for it's nature? I mixed Waterfall with Aqua tail, actually meant Aqua tail, since it's stronger. But waterfall is more accurate and causes flinching, so I may pick it instead

Hone claws won't affect Foul Play for Waruvial? Then Crunch is better I guess. Outrage is good, but the confused status can mess things up if I don't have a berry to heal the status. Outrage is good combo with overconfident though

Earthquake? Fair enough, it covers a lot of types. Outrage is definitly better than dragon claw if I have lum/persim berries so I will switch that. Recieves STAB comapred to Waruvial

Noctourniquet
9th December 2010, 6:52 PM
Outrage is good combo with overconfident though

Actually, no. Except for a reported glitch with Hihidaruma (where its ability was negating Life Orb's effect if held when Flare Blitz was used), Overconfident only boosts the power of moves which have positive side-effects. Outrage will not gain a power increase, neither will its confusion backlash be removed.

Earthquake? Fair enough, it covers a lot of types. Outrage is definitly better than dragon claw if I have lum/persim berries so I will switch that. Recieves STAB comapred to Waruvial

You mean you're willing to get through another berry or switch out after every 2 or 3 turns of Outrage? From my experience, it seems that Berries are rather awkward and troublesome to get in BW. I wouldn't recommend this, and so I'm seconding Dragon Claw.