PDA

View Full Version : Plans for Pokémon Black! ^^

D-World
12th December 2010, 6:19 PM
So here it is, (merry christmas), after a few changes and modifications, this is the team i came up with that will be my pride and (hopefully) it will make me win, have fun and don't hesitate to be harsh ^^

PS: Since this is in-game, i don't do EVs, otherwise it's all good.

Edit: All modifications will be put in Bold, so people can see where changes were made.

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/9/99/503.png
Daikenki (Adamant) @Life Orb
Ability: Torrent
-Waterfall
-Megahorn
-Swords Dance
-Return

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/3/39/637.png
Ulgamoth (Timid) @Leftovers
Ability: Flame Body
-Flamethrower
-Bug Buzz
-Butterfly Dance
-Substitute

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/a/a2/512.png
Yanakkie (Jolly) @Choice Band
Ability: Gluttony/Overgrow
-Seed Bomb
-Rock Slide
-Crunch
-Brick Break

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/4/41/Spr_5b_596_s.png
Denchura (Timid) @Wise Glasses
Ability: Compoundeyes
-Thunder
-Energy Ball
-Bug Buzz
-Thunder Wave

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/3/39/Spr_5b_561.png
Shinpora (Timid) @Shell Bell
Ability: Tinted Lens (if possible) - Magic Guard
-Psychic
-Air Slash
-Ice Beam
-Calm Mind

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/0/0c/Spr_5b_620.png
Kojondo (Jolly) @Life Orb
Ability: Regeneration
-Hi Jump Kick
-U-Turn
-Stone Edge
-Fake Out

Thanks for rating, and that's basically all I can say. ^^

Charizardfan900
12th December 2010, 7:46 PM
Good Team

Only thing I think you could improve on is your Shinpora. I suggest you get rid of air slash and get shadow ball instead too get rid of that ghost weakness plus it takes down other Psychic types.

Aurath8
12th December 2010, 7:55 PM
Return over Poison Jab on Kojondo. U-turn covers all the grass types you'll encounter.

I suggest Wise Glasses on Denchura because it doesn't hit too many types for SE damage.

I would use a Choice Band on that Yanakkie and have a Jolly nature.

Flamethrower > Heat Wave for perfect accuracy.

Megahorn > X-scossor on Daikenki for power.

A flying weakness affects three members but Yanakkie and Kojondo will be fine because of their rock moves.

D-World
12th December 2010, 8:07 PM
@Charizardfan900: Air Slash is a good STAB and I like the 30% Flinch.

@Aurawarrior8: If i give Wise Glasses to Denchura, what do I give to Shinpora? I was possibly thinking the Bull's Eye to stop Dark types?

Aurath8
12th December 2010, 8:55 PM
Well you could give a life Orb to Denchy so Shinpora keeps its Glasses.

And I hope you kow how difficult it is to find Yanappu with Daikenki as your starter. You have a 10% chance in the shaking grass in any forest of finding yanappu. It's not impossible but I'd like to make you aware.

D-World
13th December 2010, 10:07 AM
yeah, i realise that finding the right Yanappu will be tough, but it's possible, same will be for raising my Ulgamoth (and it learns Bug Buzz at level 70 so it might not get that...) ^^

As for the life orb, maybe I could give it to Kojondo for to better exploite the use of U-Turn/Regeneration

I'm giving Zoom Lens to Daikenki because of Megahorn, Dragon Tail and Aqua Tail's lower accuracy, then i thought i could do the same to Ulgamoth (with Wide Lens), but then give him Heat Wave back.
Putting Reversal on Kojondo since I'm definitely keeping Life Orb on it: it would be quite nasty to attack, lose life, then do a massive blow, then get it all back.

BuizelPidgeot
13th December 2010, 10:47 AM
When i get white im gonna complet my pokedex :D

ungulateman
13th December 2010, 11:30 AM
When i get white im gonna complet my pokedex :D

How about you stop spamming the thread and go back to General Pokemon Discussion or wherever you came to spam stuff from? Honestly.

I'd use Hurricane or Gale (whatever it's called) over Psychic on Urugamosu.

Fake Out might be useful over Reversal on Kojondo for free damage. By the time you're weak enough for Reversal to do much damage, Life Orb recoil will kill you.

D-World
13th December 2010, 1:59 PM
Fake Out might be useful over Reversal on Kojondo for free damage. By the time you're weak enough for Reversal to do much damage, Life Orb recoil will kill you.

True, and Fake out could be good, and it pairs with U-Turn, so yeah.

I'd use Hurricane or Gale (whatever it's called) over Psychic on Urugamosu.

Ulgamoth learns Gale at level 90, which isn't very probable since this is in-game, but if learnt it at a much lower level, I'd have it.

Cross_Thunder_Zekrom
13th December 2010, 7:47 PM
i like the idea for Kojondo's U-turn and fake out combo while using life orb, and Kojondo will return and come back to the field in full health after switching with a pokemon when you defeat the opponent's pokemon but the switch of u-turn may get your switched pokemon to suffer little or lot of damage though. I could say that by the end of the whole battle, Kojondo may come out the healthiest pokemon among your team.

ungulateman
14th December 2010, 1:29 AM
i like the idea for Kojondo's U-turn and fake out combo while using life orb, and Kojondo will return and come back to the field in full health after switching with a pokemon when you defeat the opponent's pokemon but the switch of u-turn may get your switched pokemon to suffer little or lot of damage though. I could say that by the end of the whole battle, Kojondo may come out the healthiest pokemon among your team.

Why?

Why is this thread just some lightning rod for retarded Serebii users to come say worthless stuff and not contribute?

You're crushing my faith in humanity here, IGTR. Stop.

Utahraptor
16th December 2010, 10:34 PM
For Kojondo, might I suggest Drain Punch? It may be a good recovery move for you, especially with life orb attached. Plus, if I recall correctly, it does a good amount of damage.

Cross_Thunder_Zekrom
17th December 2010, 8:10 AM
why compliments are not contribute? it seem you consider it as an insult? odd...

D-World
17th December 2010, 1:57 PM
For Kojondo, might I suggest Drain Punch? It may be a good recovery move for you, especially with life orb attached. Plus, if I recall correctly, it does a good amount of damage.

I have Regeneration ond U-Turn for life orb recovery, but I had the idea too.

@Cross_Thunder_Zekrom: The threads are for people to help the teams and see how they can be perfected, posters are meant to suggest ideas for making the pokémon better, at least i think ^^

Noctourniquet
17th December 2010, 3:22 PM
why compliments are not contribute? it seem you consider it as an insult? odd...

@Cross_Thunder_Zekrom: The threads are for people to help the teams and see how they can be perfected, posters are meant to suggest ideas for making the pokémon better, at least i think ^^

Question answered. If you want to complement the team then do so at the start or the end of your rate. Complements are not contributions because they don't actually add anything to the team.

Ulgamoth gains nothing from Psychic; neither Poison nor Fighting are of threat to it. Give Substitute a shot. When you get round to it, Fire Dance > Flamethrower, as use of the former means you only need to use Butterfly Dance once to sweep easily.

Running Waterfall on Daikenki instead of Aqua Tail grants you field utility and a more reliable move. I'd say to go with that.

kedlu
17th December 2010, 4:03 PM
Yeah, like Utahraptor suggested, Drain Punch would be good on Kojondo. Problem is, I wouldn't know which move to get rid of for it. Drain Punch would heal Kojondo more than Regeneration, so that's why I think it's a good choice.

Noctourniquet
17th December 2010, 5:35 PM
Drain Punch would heal Kojondo more than Regeneration
Yeah, and Rest heals Electrode more than Explosion. Just because a move does something well doesn't necessarily make it worthwhile. Kojondo is made to hit hard and then gtfo, therefore attempting to add bulk to it is pointless when you have a move as ridiculously powerful as Hi Jump Kick to abuse. Go with what the Pokémon does well, not what it can do.

D-World
23rd December 2010, 1:39 PM
Running Waterfall on Daikenki instead of Aqua Tail grants you field utility and a more reliable move. I'd say to go with that.

Waterfall grants more accuracy for less power, but Daikenki 's Zoom lens helps with that (and with Megahorn and Dragon Tail), so I don't think so.

Noctourniquet
23rd December 2010, 2:38 PM
^ Fair enough. I was looking at the OP ( which you should be keeping updated rather than posting your team several times). Although I'd recommend following my suggestions and using the Muscle Band or Life Orb if you want more power. Leftovers is fine too to help the setup.

Also, Return > Dragon Tail. It's more powerful, gets good neutral coverage alongside Water, does not give negative priority, and you don't need to force switches much in-game anyway.

D-World
23rd December 2010, 3:34 PM
If I run Waterfall and Life Orb, then waterfall has 156 BP, which is definately more powerful than Aqua Tail at 135, but puts a small disadvantage.

Waterfall and Muscle Band is 132, which is less, so probably not, so it's either this:

Daikenki (Adamant) @Zoom Lens
-Aqua Tail
-Megahorn
-Swords Dance
-Return

or this:

Daikenki (Adamant) @Life Orb
-Waterfall
-Megahorn
-Swords Dance
-Return

I'm not sure about this, but I don't know

Aurath8
23rd December 2010, 3:49 PM
I'd choose the second set of the two you've posted, D-World. The flinch rate, accuracy and field use rank Waterfall higher than Aqua tail in general.

D-World
27th December 2010, 6:03 PM
Okay then, they both seem ok to me, but since Waterfall has flinching rates, that'll do.

Decided to put updates on the OP so no one gets confused

How about HP grass on Ulgamoth? I targets Rock, Ground and Water types, all which are threatening to it, so is that a good idea?