PDA

View Full Version : A Night in the Nacrene City Museum! (673)

Serebii
23rd December 2010, 10:30 AM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/NextOn/673.jpgShippou City! Big Adventure at the Museum!

Ash & Co. have finally arrived in Shippou City and decide to visit the museum to get to the Gym. However, when they get to the museum, the doors promptly shut on their ownm. Failing to get out, they meet the director of the museum who lets them know that there are many strange things going on in the museum. Will Ash & Co. stop it?

Visit The Episode Guide (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/bestwishes/673.shtml)

Discuss

Ash-kid
23rd December 2010, 11:22 AM
So it seems like Team Rocket won't do anyting in this city. 10 seconds in a ep is really embarrassing.
Aloe's husband was wrong when he brought the Desumasu mask to the museum, and that's why the mask was doing troubles, until Aloe arrived and saved the day with Miruhog. Now it's the gym battle time.

Serebii
23rd December 2010, 11:22 AM
Bit of a shame we see Desukan's sarcophagus but no inhabitation of it :(

Serebii
23rd December 2010, 11:23 AM

Pepsi_Plunge
23rd December 2010, 11:25 AM
Yeah, not much of an eventfull episode but it was a nice Aloe, husband, Mirohogu/Deathmask introduction, fun enough.

Pepsi_Plunge
23rd December 2010, 11:33 AM
He captured Kurumiri that was on a Shikijika back I think.

Serebii
23rd December 2010, 11:35 AM
Please don't discuss the previews for future eps in this thread

Deicario
23rd December 2010, 11:36 AM
I enjoyed the episode enough.
Good to see the opening complete (especially since I missed the last few episodes) and the episode was interesting and easy ton understand, even in a different language or mute.
As Serebii said, I had high hopes of a Desukaan appearance following the sight of its sarcophagus but Desumas was good enough for me.
I also presumed that the possesion of Dento would be a more longer and important plot point but it was quite short.
All in all, a good fun episode to round off an awesome year of D/P and Best Wishes.

Beeblebrox
23rd December 2010, 11:44 AM
Bit of a shame about the lack of Desukan action, yeah- that would have made a nice climax to the episode.

Nicely done little pre-gym filler, with some excellent moments; Desumasu's mask crying was a nice touch, and Aloe looks decent. Judging by that trailer at the end, roll on 2011!

Locormus
23rd December 2010, 12:06 PM
So it seems like Team Rocket won't do anyting in this city. 10 seconds in a ep is really embarrassing.
Aloe's husband was wrong when he brought the Desumasu mask to the museum, and that's why the mask was doing troubles, until Aloe arrived and saved the day with Miruhog. Now it's the gym battle time.

Yes they will...

Kidashi explicitly showed a meteorite in the museum, along with the skeleton and fossil. Then we saw the Team Rocket scene with Flint reappearing and Jessie, James and Meowth having a flashback when they got the Meteorite Dummy...

It's TOO obvious that they're going to swap the fake for the real when Ash has his gym battle...

Anyway, for the episode 4/10. Horrible! It was 100% the Darumakka episode rebooted. The only thing that saved it was the appearance of Aloe. Who Kidashi apparently refers to as 'mamma' :S That's pretty big reference to Big Momma! :S

Anyway:
Ash and co arrive at Shippou City.
- Well haven't we seen this city already in the previous episode? No need to see the whole thing again...
Ash wants his gym battle, but the Museum is locked...
- How typical...
Scene with Kidashi getting chased by a Kabuto fossil...
- Yawn...
Kidashi breaks through the door, and says that he was chased by a fossil, but nothings there...
- Yawn...
Kidashi explains about the museum and how it suddenly became haunted: flashback. We see a small Will o' wisp following Kidashi when lights fall out.
- Yawn...
Police come to inspect the scene, yet find nothing.
- YAWN!
Iris and Dento want to help Kidashi out, Ash is frustrated since he wants his gym battle
- Oh god... He's officially a dunce..
The 'Mystery Inc' goes inside museum and get a tour: fossils, knights armory, a METEORITE, a Desukan coffin, with nothing in it, and a Dragonite skeleton, ow and a Desumasu mask.
- Interesting.. Not.. We've seen this things in the preview..
Team Rocket scene, Flint returns and tells them they're going to snatch the meteorite from the museum and swap it with a dummy that TR recently acquired.
- Interesting enough, nice to see their plot actually doing something criminal again, and rather then just only being mysterious.
Lights fall out in the museum, a possessed knight's armor comes walking in. A long and lengthy battle that goes absolutely nowhere ensues. Pikachu uses Quick Attack and Volt Tackle, Mijumaru uses Water Gun a couple of times and we see a shimmer of Desumasu.
- Not to exciting to watch.. The thing just keeps getting up again and it gets repetitive.
They go back to the desert exhibit and see that the Desumasu mask has tears.. and it begins to move..
- WTF...
Suddenly they hear footstamps, enter the Dragonite part 2! Somehow they expurge Desumasu and Kisashi opens the closed case where the mask was set in.
- Yawn, the Dragonite skeleton really doesn't do anything threatening.
The mask sets itself on Dento and he gets a deep voice and starts doesn't listen to Ash and does a Will o' Wisp.
- Could've been interesting, and I liked the lower voice thing, but lead nowhere since...
Aloe walks in, sends out Miruhoggu. Miruhoggu is a shining hog yes he is and suddenly Desumasu is a good pokemon...
- Oh brother.. Another misunderstood pokemon?? Doesn't that remind you of Darumakka much?
Apparently Kidashi put the Desumasu mask in the museum though it wasn't officially on his display list. By putting it behind glass, the Desumasu couldn't get to it. Ow did I say it lost it by momentarily falling asleep on a museum cart?
- Asspull! What the crap! Ash even said that he finds Desumasu cute! I don't need to be a translator to know what 'Desumasu' followed by 'kawaii' means...
Ash and co leave the museum but Ash gets to challenge the gym leader in the next episode.
- Like we didn't know this scene was going to happen
The group says goodbye to Desumasu as it flies of in the distance
- Oh brother...

Seriously, this episode is like a combination of the Darumakka and the Ishizumai episode put together. The misinterpreted pokemon who acts fiendishly at first and even explicitly pronounces anger, but is eventually a cute pokemon from the Darumakka episode, and the 'lost the thing that completes it' from the Ishizumai episode, being Ishizumai's rock, and Desumasu's mask.

In fact, I'll lower this episode to a 3/10. One big yawn fest that we've seen way too many times before. The only thing that were exciting to watch were the Team Rocket scene, Miruhoggu flashing everybody, and the preview for the upcoming episodes. The plot for this episode was horribly executed, it dragged on and on with nothing really happening.

Tyranitar Rules
23rd December 2010, 12:50 PM
I cant wait to see it...

RickHoenn
23rd December 2010, 2:26 PM
I couldn't watch this episode but just seeing the epi pictures and Aloe appearing makes it 11/10 for me! :D

playerking
23rd December 2010, 2:35 PM
I'm sorry but everyone else said Miruhog is using Flash i knew it was Illuminate, good to see Aloe appeared.

Blue3Mayfield
23rd December 2010, 2:59 PM
Did the opening change?

gliscor&yanmega
23rd December 2010, 3:23 PM
Did the opening change?

I haven't seen it yet but I'd say no since Chaoboo debuted last episode so it would be colored in this episode. Next episode will probably be the change in the opening.

As for the episode...was really hoping James would get Desumasu. But no it just wanted it mask.

The Team Rocket plot is slowly thickening. They may just steal the item in the next episode.

Aloe appeared and saved the day...kind of.

Desumasu left and was happy in the end I guess. Ash challenged Aloe to a gym battle in the end I think.

Overall, not really interesting for me. It had Desumasu which was nice. Aloe probably was cool too, haven't seen the video yet just pictures on serebii.

It was a nice episode but I really wish things went I how I thought they would.

Krizor
23rd December 2010, 3:46 PM
This was yet another sub-par BW episode that I did not enjoy.

I'm just glad Oshawott got an appearance, it's the only thing getting me through some of these episodes.

Lord Dialga
23rd December 2010, 3:58 PM
When are Team Plasma going to make their big debut? They've already passed up their first actual appearance in K-Town, and we're seeing no signs of their members anywhere in the city.

I just hope they don't push their appearances too later into the anime. Otherwise we can't anticipate it as much. :/

Brandon00151
23rd December 2010, 4:02 PM
Even though no one was in an actual battle I think it was cool that they used the Battle Pinch music.

gliscor&yanmega
23rd December 2010, 4:04 PM
When are Team Plasma going to make their big debut? They've already passed up their first actual appearance in K-Town, and we're seeing no signs of their members anywhere in the city.

I just hope they don't push their appearances too later into the anime. Otherwise we can't anticipate it as much. :/

Team Plasma has been reference to by Giovanni twice, not by name but as a "mysterious organization". They are set to appear though in the next month or so. So they are appearing soon.

Teshub
23rd December 2010, 5:25 PM
Something that I am getting bored of is Ash getting upset he cant get his gym battle in the beginning. How many times was that done already (including DP)? Same old intro, btw.

turtle twig
23rd December 2010, 8:05 PM
From the screenshots, I notice that Iris and Dent seem to argue a lot.

In short, I still don't like Iris, and see why she is there. She's not helping Ash along in anyway, and has too much of a superiority complex.

JennaJayfeather
23rd December 2010, 8:21 PM
Seems like a good episode from what I can tell from the screenshots lol. The only thing that bothered me was Dento's bow tie seemed a bit off in a way...it looked smaller than normal =/

_Taidow_
24th December 2010, 2:38 AM
Boring episode... I mean it.

JennaJayfeather
24th December 2010, 2:55 AM
Just watched it. I LOVE THIS EPISODE!!! I got a kick out of scared Kidachi scenes. Not to mention Iris seeming to be like a spirit finder person and Dento being all skeptical XDDDDD It was great.

garfield15
24th December 2010, 3:50 AM
I did not expect this to turn into a Iris vs. Dento episode in terms of "It's an evil spirit" vs. "No, we can explain it WITH SCIENCE!" I really enjoyed the moments of banter they had together. I also enjoyed "Mama" Aloe showing up as well as Miruhogg lighting up the place. Also, I enjoyed the TRio getting the mission to steal that meteorite. Looks like that'll come to a head either next episode or the one after that.

-Everything else was pretty boring though. The fact that we see Aloe for the first time and that Team Rocket get their next mission prevents the episode from being completely filler but man, this really did feel like the Hihidaruma episode. It literally had the exact same plot except with a Gym Leader and a possessed Dento. I guess coming after Bel's awesome introduction and the upcoming Gym Battle, there wasn't a big idea they could put in.

-Also, Yanappu just...disappeared or something after Bullet Seed.

-Glad to see Miju getting more screentime though (thought he was sending out Mamepato for a second)

-But man, that 2011 preview sure got me psyched for the future episodes!

Shneak
24th December 2010, 3:52 AM
Nobody has uploaded it yet.

Judging from the photos, it looks okay.

Juputoru
24th December 2010, 4:22 AM
Merry Dentmas to all, and to all a good night!

-As last episode showed, Shippou City is colorful as ****.
-The gym is closed. Of course. And as usual, Ash takes it upon himself to insist on getting in anyway.
-A scream is heard, and...the opening rolls in! It's the world's least impressive cliffhanger!
-Are my ears deceiving me, or is this an orchestral version of the BW League theme (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2gz4Z5p64c)?
-So the museum set up a new exhibit and strange things started happening shortly afterwards. Of course.
-Iris is quite serious about the situation. Dento is as laid back as ever. This...does not please Iris. And Ash just wants his damned gym battle(which both Iris and Dento seem to agree is unreasonable at the moment!).
-Iris immediately recognizes the Dragonite skeleton as a Dragonite! Apparently her dragon-village's knowledge doesn't stop at the dragons of Isshu.
-I just noticed that we're getting the damned Tower of Heaven music again. I like this track and all, but it's starting to feel like we're hearing it every other episode.
-The director guy mentions something about Deathkhan when talking about the sarcophagus. But apparently it's not a real Deathkhan coffin, since it looks all wooden on the inside.
-And now they're looking at the Deathmas mask. Looks like the episode is finally going to get interesting!
-Or not. Now they're at the GIANT LIBRARY FROM HELL which features as Aloe's gym puzzle in the games. (well, okay, it's only hellish if you can't read the language any of the questions are in, but still)
-Leave it to Ash to ruin the mood by getting hungry.
-Campout at the museum: Best idea ever, or bestest idea ever?
-Time for the weekly reminder that Ash's egg exists. Yawn.
-It's also time for the weekly 1 to 3 minutes of TR. Flint is back, and plans are discussed.
-Back at museumcamp, Iris wakes everyone up because a strange dark fog is rolling in. And one of the suits of armor is walking around on its own, but who cares about that?
-Halfway point already? Man, I had better see some Dentmas soon or heads are gonna roll.
-I'm not entirely sure what's being said here, other than the bit where Dento is calmly talking about poltergeists. Which I find hilarious, if only because he actually says "poltergeist" in English(/German).
-Seriously, I know Dento's supposed to be the unflappable one of the group, but he's being way too calm about this whole thing.
-Ash has Pikachu Volt Tackle the armor, which...puts itself back together! Having learned that Volt Tackling the armor does jack ****, Ash then has Pikachu...use Volt Tackle on the armor again. Great going, genius. But this time it actually makes some sort of will o' the wisp come out, so I guess he wasn't entirely stupid?
-Ash has Mijimaru put out the will-o-wisp with Watergun, which works...then the helmet of the armor starts chasing the museum guy around as Dento calmly explains something. Seriously Dento, show fear or surprise or something. You're freaking me out.
-Now the helmet's taken care of, which...made the sprinklers come on for a moment? What?
-Deathmas' mask is crying. SURELY THIS MUST MEAN SOMETHING.
-Now the mask is banging against the glass! And I know what that means...Dento's possession isn't really going to have much time spent on it at all, is it?
-Dento got possessed not because Deathmas smashed its mask out of the cage, but rather because Dento told the museum guy to open the exhibit? ...ah. Ahahah. Ahahahhaha. Ha?
-At least Dento got a suitably deep and creepy possession voice.
-There's talk about the mask, including a line from...Aloe!
-And now Aloe sends out Miruhog, the Crossing Guard Pokemon.
-It's official: The Dento possession plot was stupidly short.
-Now it's time for Ash to scan DEATHMAS, THE LITERALLY A HUMAN SOUL Pokemon. I'm not sure how it's a Pokemon despite literally being a human soul, but hey, I'm not a Gamefreak employee.
-Deathmas' voice is way too high-pitched for my tastes.
-Blah blah apologizing to Deathmas blah.

The episode itself was okay, but it feels wasted. So much more could have been done with the various Dento possession/museum haunting plots, but it all got resolved rather generically. Ah well, at least we got a flood of awesome Pixiv fanart for Dentmas. And isn't that all that really counts? no, not really, but I'll take whatever consolation prizes I can get

garfield15
24th December 2010, 4:37 AM
-Ash has Pikachu Volt Tackle the armor, which...puts itself back together! Having learned that Volt Tackling the armor does jack ****, Ash then has Pikachu...use Volt Tackle on the armor again. Great going, genius. But this time it actually makes some sort of will o' the wisp come out, so I guess he wasn't entirely stupid?
First one was Quick Attack. Second was Volt Tackle.

Teshub
24th December 2010, 5:05 AM
The animators know how to promote the episodes. I was interesting in knowing what would happen with Dento-Deathmask, but it played out like a boring mystery show. This is why I won't fall for the false hype in their episode previews that actually end up being mundane. At least I liked the little bit between Iris and Dento.

Crystal_Power
24th December 2010, 5:50 AM
So I see at the end of the episode Aloe doesn't have her apron one (yes instead of talking about the other things in the episode I choose Aloe and her Apron).

Anyway it looks like it was edited by the animators, looking at her body in those scenes it's like it's in the shape of where the apron used to be i.e she looks large. Oh, well it was nice to finally she her in the anime she's really cute, I can't wait to until the Gym Battle episode, which airs next year right?

Cazak
24th December 2010, 7:12 AM
I don't know if this is pointed out or not, but I can't but help noticing the similarity between this episode, and Night at the Museum. The episode wasn't too good though, but somewhat satisfactory for me.

CyberCubed
24th December 2010, 7:43 AM
I don't know what some of you were expecting, but this episode was pretty good.

The scenes of the armor/Dragonite skeleton attacking the group has never happened before in any previous arc, and Iris/Dento bickering is an interesting quirk.

It otherwise was a standard set-up ep for a Gym leader to debut. Much better than just seeing Aloe for no reason and TR stealing things from the museum like what would have happened in any previous arc.

garfield15
24th December 2010, 2:29 PM
It otherwise was a standard set-up ep for a Gym leader to debut. Much better than just seeing Aloe for no reason and TR stealing things from the museum like what would have happened in any previous arc.
True, in that sense, it was a little better than what would be the expected and played-out episode but, like I said, between Bel's intro and the upcoming Gym Battle, this episode felt somewhat lacking.

Cobalt_Latios
25th December 2010, 4:25 AM
I don't think it was possessed. It was empty. Just a mock-up for the exhibit.

Yes they will...

Kidashi explicitly showed a meteorite in the museum, along with the skeleton and fossil. Then we saw the Team Rocket scene with Flint reappearing and Jessie, James and Meowth having a flashback when they got the Meteorite Dummy...

It's TOO obvious that they're going to swap the fake for the real when Ash has his gym battle...

Anyway, for the episode 4/10. Horrible! It was 100% the Darumakka episode rebooted. The only thing that saved it was the appearance of Aloe. Who Kidashi apparently refers to as 'mamma' :S That's pretty big reference to Big Momma! :S

Anyway:
Ash and co arrive at Shippou City.
- Well haven't we seen this city already in the previous episode? No need to see the whole thing again...
Ash wants his gym battle, but the Museum is locked...
- How typical...
Scene with Kidashi getting chased by a Kabuto fossil...
- Yawn...
Kidashi breaks through the door, and says that he was chased by a fossil, but nothings there...
- Yawn...
Kidashi explains about the museum and how it suddenly became haunted: flashback. We see a small Will o' wisp following Kidashi when lights fall out.
- Yawn...
Police come to inspect the scene, yet find nothing.
- YAWN!
Iris and Dento want to help Kidashi out, Ash is frustrated since he wants his gym battle
- Oh god... He's officially a dunce..
The 'Mystery Inc' goes inside museum and get a tour: fossils, knights armory, a METEORITE, a Desukan coffin, with nothing in it, and a Dragonite skeleton, ow and a Desumasu mask.
- Interesting.. Not.. We've seen this things in the preview..
Team Rocket scene, Flint returns and tells them they're going to snatch the meteorite from the museum and swap it with a dummy that TR recently acquired.
- Interesting enough, nice to see their plot actually doing something criminal again, and rather then just only being mysterious.
Lights fall out in the museum, a possessed knight's armor comes walking in. A long and lengthy battle that goes absolutely nowhere ensues. Pikachu uses Quick Attack and Volt Tackle, Mijumaru uses Water Gun a couple of times and we see a shimmer of Desumasu.
- Not to exciting to watch.. The thing just keeps getting up again and it gets repetitive.
They go back to the desert exhibit and see that the Desumasu mask has tears.. and it begins to move..
- WTF...
Suddenly they hear footstamps, enter the Dragonite part 2! Somehow they expurge Desumasu and Kisashi opens the closed case where the mask was set in.
- Yawn, the Dragonite skeleton really doesn't do anything threatening.
The mask sets itself on Dento and he gets a deep voice and starts doesn't listen to Ash and does a Will o' Wisp.
- Could've been interesting, and I liked the lower voice thing, but lead nowhere since...
Aloe walks in, sends out Miruhoggu. Miruhoggu is a shining hog yes he is and suddenly Desumasu is a good pokemon...
- Oh brother.. Another misunderstood pokemon?? Doesn't that remind you of Darumakka much?
Apparently Kidashi put the Desumasu mask in the museum though it wasn't officially on his display list. By putting it behind glass, the Desumasu couldn't get to it. Ow did I say it lost it by momentarily falling asleep on a museum cart?
- Asspull! What the crap! Ash even said that he finds Desumasu cute! I don't need to be a translator to know what 'Desumasu' followed by 'kawaii' means...
Ash and co leave the museum but Ash gets to challenge the gym leader in the next episode.
- Like we didn't know this scene was going to happen
The group says goodbye to Desumasu as it flies of in the distance
- Oh brother...

Seriously, this episode is like a combination of the Darumakka and the Ishizumai episode put together. The misinterpreted pokemon who acts fiendishly at first and even explicitly pronounces anger, but is eventually a cute pokemon from the Darumakka episode, and the 'lost the thing that completes it' from the Ishizumai episode, being Ishizumai's rock, and Desumasu's mask.

In fact, I'll lower this episode to a 3/10. One big yawn fest that we've seen way too many times before. The only thing that were exciting to watch were the Team Rocket scene, Miruhoggu flashing everybody, and the preview for the upcoming episodes. The plot for this episode was horribly executed, it dragged on and on with nothing really happening.
Guess it would be better if we actually knew what was being said. But hey if you thought it was a snooze fest, that's fine.

I didn't mind, it seemed pretty amusing.

Though we're not supposed to talk about the preview... we DO see Team Plasma in the desert. So we're approaching that moment.

I did not expect this to turn into a Iris vs. Dento episode in terms of "It's an evil spirit" vs. "No, we can explain it WITH SCIENCE!" I really enjoyed the moments of banter they had together. I also enjoyed "Mama" Aloe showing up as well as Miruhogg lighting up the place. Also, I enjoyed the TRio getting the mission to steal that meteorite. Looks like that'll come to a head either next episode or the one after that.
So that's what the whole dispute between Iris and Denton was? sounds fun, I'll have to go back and watch it once the subs are available.

-But man, that 2011 preview sure got me psyched for the future episodes!
Team Plasma is all I needed to see.

-I just noticed that we're getting the damned Tower of Heaven music again. I like this track and all, but it's starting to feel like we're hearing it every other episode.
Agreed. In fact we started hearing the theme during that one segment in the lot of abandoned dreams episode. The Vipelierre episode had it 3 times... and from there it seems they like to use it every other episode. When they get to Dragon Spiral Tower, I'm going to laugh if they decide to use every other theme but ToH.

-Or not. Now they're at the GIANT LIBRARY FROM HELL which features as Aloe's gym puzzle in the games.
Funny, I had actually forgotten about that fact. Well, I did play for a short time to get my feet wet, but I'd sort of forgotten about the library. Which is rather an amusing thought seeing as the library is quite annoying if you don't understand Japanese... Oh... that's what you were referring to... oops.

-I'm not entirely sure what's being said here, other than the bit where Dento is calmly talking about poltergeists. Which I find hilarious, if only because he actually says "poltergeist" in English(/German).
I'll have to watch that again, that sounds kind of amusing.

Gotta say, it was a decent episode, not entirely sure what to expect, but I should have realized it wouldn't really be that amazing. Still it was cool to actually see the museum, library, Deathmas, and Aloe. I'll have to watch again with subs... if only to listen to the dispute between Iris and Denton regarding Supernatural explanations and rationnal explanations.

I'm beginning to notice something else; unless the episode involves a Gym Battle or a Rival Battle, Ash seems to play second fiddle for a good chunk of the episode. Has anyone else noticed this?

C_L

garfield15
25th December 2010, 6:30 AM
I'm beginning to notice something else; unless the episode involves a Gym Battle or a Rival Battle, Ash seems to play second fiddle for a good chunk of the episode. Has anyone else noticed this?

Yes. In fact, sometimes it feels like Satoshi isn't even there and Iris/Dento have more personality to offer

I actually don't think that's a bad thing at all honestly.

Firemaker
25th December 2010, 9:22 PM
It wasn't a bad episode, but I feel like it was over-hyped and stuck between two big episodes.

garfield15
26th December 2010, 2:45 AM
but I feel like it was over-hyped
Uh...how was it over-hyped?

kemal07
26th December 2010, 6:26 AM
Very cool episode imo. Love Desumasa.
One question though, was Desumasa's silhouette in the opening for this episode as I have never noticed it before.

Legendary Dreams
28th December 2010, 3:18 PM
This episode seems boring because it lacks much real action. And like others said, its between Bel and the Gym Battle, both which have plenty of action.

But its true that comparetively, this episode is improved when compared to gym leader intro episodes of the past.

Unova might the first region we see all gym battles unaffected by TR-caused commotions! (And even if they do, its grand-scale now)

Disappointed I didn't hear the battle music though, I wanted to ask which theme it was from. The soothing/creepy music fitted this episode's theme though (and yes, I realised, after reviewing past episodes, that Tower of Heaven is overplayed. Now what will they run in Tower of Heaven XD.)

Anyway, not related to this episode, but does anyone know the "battle action" music I heard (Last one I could remember was when Sunglasses used Stone Edge for the first time in that Garbage Bag / Egg episode)

Blaziryu
29th December 2010, 3:01 PM
This episode was meh. I was surprised that Kidachi is married to Aloe. I can tell that she's definitely the dominator in the bedroom since Kidachi seems like a wuss. Iris & Dent bickering was annoying.

DarkWobbuffet
29th December 2010, 4:59 PM
Uh...how was it over-hyped?

The trailers for the episodes seem to take the Micheal Bay movie approach, where they create hype with an interesting preview, only when we actually sit down and watch it it turns out to be lackluster or just plain horrible.

So is Ash supposed to be the hero anymore? In most of the episodes this arc he seems to just be the sidekick now, who tries to save the day, but winds up getting his butt handed to him only for an older character to come in and take care of the problem within seconds.

Oh gee, the big looming threat turns out to be a little guy who was just looking for something that belongs to him. How original. >_>'

gliscor&yanmega
29th December 2010, 8:55 PM
After re-watching it and everything. It was pretty enjoyable. Nothing happened much for the plot but it was funny and somewhat heart warming at the end.

I really enjoyed Dento's and Iris's back-and-forth on what was going on. Dento kept on trying to explain things scientifically and it gave me a few laughs. Iris thought it was a curse all along.

Kidachi is rather amusing too.

Desumasu's mask crying was kind of freaky, it almost felt like a real horror movie or something, of course probably would be more freaky if it was crying blood but then that wouldn't probably work for a kid's show and all.

Still wish Desumasu was James' and Team Rocket were doing their thing in this episode but oh well.

Sponge
30th December 2010, 12:07 AM
I really liked this episode, it was kinda creepy too. There were points I was starting to wonder if maybe it was getting too freaky for young children. The only thing that annoyed me was Dento's constant scientific reasoning....just admit it's a ghoulie already! Sheesh!

I had hoped Ash would catch a Desumasu during his adventure but it was not to be sadly. I hope Desukan appears later in an episode when they're at the desert and is a complete badass. :D

playerking
31st December 2010, 7:34 AM
@Blaziryu
We've known that for a while,

Anyway

Good points

- Desumasu turned out to be cute

- Aloe

- Kidachi being scared

- Iris and her senses

- I like Possessed Dento

Bad points

- Pretty dull

- Dento-masu (Dento when he was possessed) wasn’t for long

- Dento being in denial

7/10

If anyone can contact The 4th Kira, the person sent me a message, and i can't send the person one back if you can contact the person tell em this

"Ever heard of something called Pokebeach.com

I've been doing reviews since episode 3 of best wishes, i decided to put it on here because i like serebii as well, It's not exactly the same

I go straight into it, then my views are in brackets, and i do good and bad points, people like Juptorou and Sabonea do their dot point reviews, they are still reviews, if i want to do my reviews here as well, i can.

I'm not trying to annoy you, since i've become a frequent serebii-ite, i thought i could post my reviews here, if you don't want me to i wont.

Sorry, for the misunderstanding."

yuzke
31st December 2010, 10:11 AM
this episode was okey, kinda entertainment also team rocket are taking forever ... hope next year they get more time in the show ... HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE =)

Lorde
5th January 2011, 10:58 PM
Well I finally managed to watch the episode, and I noticed right away that Shippou City looked terrible. I mean, it was really colorful. In the games, the place looks pretty simple but the anime made it seem crazy. I'm wondering who it was that suggested that little change. Anyway, Ash seemed to want just one things: to challenge the Shippou City Gym. Dento knew exactly where the Gym was however (in the Shippou City museum), so he led the way. Funny, when I talked about Dento possibly knowing about the other Gym Leaders in Isshu, I got flamed. It looks like he knew something about the Gym after all, however. I wasn't surprised to see the Shippou City museum, closed off for the day when Ash and friends got there though. I mean, things like this always happen. Then someone screamed and we saw this really skinny man being chased by a flying Kabuto fossil. LOLWOTT? Well, at least you can't accuse the writers of being unoriginal. The skinny man burst through the museum door and told Ash and friends the story about the "flying fossil". Wooooooo! *wiggles fingers* Ash and friends, being the nosy little gossips that they are, went inside to investigate. They saw the fossil, but everything about it seemed normal. At some cafe, the skinny man discussed the new exhibit at the museum. He was apparently checking everything in there one night, but saw a strange ball of fire and he ran away. He returned the next day, and then the fossil chased him and he met Ash and friends. Iris talked about it being a curse, while Dento talked about wanting to solve the mystery using science. Ash wanted to battle the Gym Leader, but the guy told him that "Mama" was out on an errand. He then introduced himself as Kidachi: the Gym Leader's (Aloe's) husband. Um, those two are married? That's...interesting. Anyway, Kidachi gave Ash and friends a tour of the museum and we all learned more about the Kabuto fossil, Dragonite's skeleton, and a meteorite. How educational! Ash and friends then saw suits of armor, and then a weird sarcophagus. I was wondering what that was, but it looked a lot like a Desukan's sarcophagus. It was just a replica though. Ash then saw a mask and Kidachi said it was a Desumasu mask. Iris however, got this weird vibe from it. Creepy. Kidachi showed them the library, and then Dento requested that they stay there for the night to observe "supernatural stuff". Woooooooo! *wiggles fingers again* Kidachi agreed, and it looked like they were going to have a sleep over in the museum! I was half-expecting Ash and Dento to have a pillow fight, but that didn't happen. Aww. Meanwhile, Team Rocket appeared somewhere in Shippou City and Flint gave them their next mission: to swap the real meteorite at the museum with a fake. Wow, that's just bananas (B-A-N-A-N-A-S!).

Later that night, Iris woke Ash up because she felt a strange wind or something; I got the feeling that Iris was really superstitious. Then some weird purple fog rolled in and Kidachi looked scared beyond his wits. Then one of the suits of armor appeared and Dento tried to explain it scientifically. Lol. Pikachu attacked the suit of armor with Quick Attack , but it just put itself together again, like magic. Wooooooo! *wiggles fingers once more* Then that ball of fire that Kidachi talked about appeared again and it started chasing him. That's some crazy shiz right there. Ash sent out Mijumaru (finally, geez!) and it used Water Gun on the ball of fire while the suit of armor's head started chasing Kidachi. Pikachu's Iron Tail attack ended the issue though. Thank goodness. It started to rain and then Kidachi and the others heard this weird noise that made the hairs on the back of my neck, stand up straight. As Ash examined the Desumasu mask, be noticed that it was crying. I liked Dento's theory about the humidity in the air though haha. The mask started moving and then the Dragonite skeleton appeared! It started trying to punch through the display glass but Dento faaaabulously sent out his Yanappu and had it use Bullet Seed against it. It worked, but something fell out of the skeleton. Eww! Then Kidachi opened the display glass and that freaky Desumasu mask attached itself to Dento's face. Pfft, what next? Apparently, Dento was possessed and he attacked Ash and Iris. Iris tried talking to the mask, and it said that it was mad because it was "caged". So the mask tried to kill Ash and Iris, because it was stuck behind glass? Sure, that makes sense. Just then, Aloe appeared! Wow, she looked good. She asked Kidachi where he got the mask, and then Dento had the skeleton march forward. I liked seeing Aloe send out her Miruhoggu to use Illuminate and find the Desumasu; it's voice sounded eerie though. Aloe was able to guess what had happened to make Desumasu angry, and then it seemed that Kidachi apologized to the Desumasu for the misunderstanding involving the mask being placed in the museum. Personally, I thought that Desumasu should have apologized for trying to kill Ash and friends, but I'll take what I can get. Desumasu then forgave Kidachi's mistake and it disappeared into the morning sky. I really liked the music that played while it flew away. Anyway, Ash challenged Aloe to a Gym battle, and Aloe accepted Ash's challenge. Wow, that was one weird episode. I didn't really think that the plot of the episode was very entertaining, but I guess it did a good job of showcasing the Shippou City museum. I'm giving this episode a rating of 6.5/10, since it was just average. Stay faaaabulous~

Battra
6th January 2011, 7:08 AM
I a couple of laughs out of Iris & Dent arguing over it being a curse or just coincidences, but it in the end it looks like Iris was right, other than that it was your standard Ghost Pokemon terrorizing episode which we've seen done already. On another note looks like we finally managed to fill in all the Pokemon silhouettes in the opening animation.

Typhlosion Trainer
15th January 2011, 5:28 PM
An ok episode. Dento and Iris pretty much debating on whats goin on was somewhat funny.

G50
30th April 2011, 2:02 PM
This episode was ok... It was cool to see Desumasu and Miruhog for the 1st time. It was great to finally see the Illuminate ability put to use in the Anime. It was funny when Dent kept trying so hard to come up with scientific explainations for what was happening in the museum. It was interesting to see Dent be controlled by Desumasu's mask. It was cool to see Gym Leader Aloe for the 1st time. It was interesting to see possessed fossils and armor chasing the Gang around.

43/100

Torpoleon
7th May 2011, 3:48 PM
I thought it was a decent episode. Nice to see Ash & Co. finally arrive at Nacrene City. The Yamask thing was nice and the episode title is a nice pun. Cilan and Iris were pretty funny.
7/10

wind21
7th May 2011, 4:05 PM
So it's summer once again for me, so back to episode reviews. I haven't watched an episode in a few weeks (just kept an eye on the screenshots and read what others have written), so I don't want to jump to too many conclusions about anything.

This is a weird episode, but not so b/c of the ghostly happenings. I wasn't quite sure what to make of the "feud" b/w Iris and Cilan, whether it was just for comedic purposes, or there was a also a deeper meaning to it, relating to the subject matter. It became less and less funny as the argument b/c more and more heated, until Ash finally said, "Whatever" to one of Cilan's explanations-meaning, in the end, it really didn't matter whether the happenings were supernatural or science-related. Cilan eventually admitted as much that he was saying these explanations not based upon a careful inspection of what was going on around him, but b/c he just believed in science and was making up explanations to fit the situation (he eventually said that he didn't believe what he was saying anymore). I'm not a big fan of that sort of thing, and Ash himself isn't really that type of character (he's usually very honest, even if that means being stupidly honest at times); it's a little outside my realm of understanding to see that type of argument in this episode, and I guess I was a little happy that Ash and I were somewhat on the same page on that. I know that this sort of thing is common in kids shows, so I'm not criticizing the episode for seeing this sort of thing. But, on the flip side, I never understand why these things pop up in kids shows to begin with, so I'm not going to praise it.

Another thing that often shows up in kids shows is to make adults seem like cowards or real suck-ups. The museum guy is not someone you're likely to meet in real life, and he's the definition of a kid's show adult. I guess what was most interesting is that he's married to the gym leader lady, and the two must have quite an interesting relationship, just based on their differences in personality. You get the feeling the gym leader lady really runs things in that marriage. I hope you'll humor me on this one, but in one of my classes this past semester, my teacher was this really pretty, funny lady, but she wasn't married-and she wasn't the type of lady who would have objected to a marriage, I don't think, as she talked about some of her luck on dates. I had some fun with that (I've never been on a date myself), and called her my gf on facebook. When I told her about it at the end of the semester, she wasn't too thrilled. And really it wasn't the right thing to do. But I always meant to ask her why she wasn't married or didn't have any luck there (I actually did, but she didn't answer). Looking at the marriage that's in this episode, I wonder how realistic it is; it really might be, so that's fun to think about.

This episode didn't really make me laugh nor did it leave a lasting impression on me, but it did keep my interest. I have to admit that I'm skeptical how the pokemon had so much power, seemingly, but it was helpless to retrieve the mask on its own, and hence this misunderstood story. But it's still an okay episode.

the1stpkmnfan
7th May 2011, 4:11 PM
It's about time we make it to Nacrene City. Unfortunately, I only caught half of the episode this morning, and it was decent to say the least.

Apparently Cilan doesn't believe in ghosts, and has to make up physics theories to explain what he calls the truth in mischievous events.

However, after I red the Dex entries for Yamask, this episode was pretty sad on the Pokemon's part. Showing how much it cries when it looses its mask, or if it even looks at it occasionally. I always found Yamask an interesting Pokemon with a back story.

Lenora was pretty cool too, and her voice is plausible. I just expected something different.

MidnightMelody
7th May 2011, 6:31 PM
I like how they gave her a black women voice!

pampam88
7th May 2011, 6:58 PM
I love this episode! I've been looking forward to it since it was released in Japan. I love plots that incorperate mind control/brainwashing/etc. It might seem kinda weird, but I like it.

WaterDragon trainer
7th May 2011, 8:50 PM
This episode was pretty good. As much as I prefer fully evolved pokemon, Yamask is one of those rare exceptions for me and it was cool to see him on the show. I also like how Cilan kept poking holes in Iris' theories.

SmartD
7th May 2011, 9:32 PM
It's a good episode. I find funny that Iris challenges Cilan about supernatural stuff and he keeps trying to give logical explanations. Next episode will be a Gym Battle, I can't wait to see it.

Orton155
7th May 2011, 9:44 PM
I really like this episode, it was well constructed I thought and it was really interesting to watch. At first it was that common storyline when a man sees a ghost and no one else can see it no matter what the man tries to do but then the gang go camping (sounds like trouble). Oh I forgot and the Iris and Cilan fued/disagreement/just doing it to annoy each other has already begun. I really enjoyed the 'banter' between Iris and Cilan but I think Cilan held onto his scientific argument a bit too far and it just got annoying. Finally, Yamask a cute pokemon if I must say even though it is a ghost. I thought it was a good little story about it losing its mask and it would do anything to get it back.

I'll comment on lenora next week when we see more of her.

Overall, great episode :D

TheEpicGoomba
7th May 2011, 11:19 PM
I overall loved this episode. Great humour with Dent being a science nerd like me. Cool to see Yamask debut and Watchog,even though it looks completely freaky. 10/10

The Great Butler
7th May 2011, 11:26 PM
Great episode, even if Cilan got annoying with his increasingly ridiculous theories.

Lenora's apron was paint-edited out of every scene she was in.

Swampert_trainer
7th May 2011, 11:29 PM
Iris and Cilan were very entertaining in this episode. The episode didn't focus on Ash very much, but when it did all he seemed to talk about was a gym battle which was clearly not going to happen seeing as how the gym leader wasn't around. He really was acting like...well, a kid.

The episode was abover average for a pre-gym battle episode. Set this episode up in any of the previous seasons and it would have featured Team Rocket trying to steal something from the museum, only to be stopped by the gym leader and blasted off by Ash and Pikachu.

Irish should have caught Yamask. She needs a battler until Axew learns how to battle and Excadrill starts following commands.

8/10

lolipiece
8th May 2011, 1:11 AM
http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/41/bw014comparison.png

Oh, can't wait for the scene where she removes the apron in the next ep.

matt0044
8th May 2011, 1:17 AM

It'll probably be edited.

Hikari Paradise
8th May 2011, 1:17 AM
Haha Vizard Cilan was a total bada**. That alone made this episode for me.

Sapphire Kirby
8th May 2011, 2:58 AM
This was an enjoyable episode. Iris isn't as annoying as she usually is so that's a plus. Cilan and Iris debating was interesting, along with Cilan's rediculous Science theories; its like he's in denial. I wonder why no one noticed the Purple outline on the suit of armor, as that should be a dead (excuse the pun) give-away that a Pokemon was involved. I sort of wish that Yamask-Cilan happened longer though. Just picture Cilan flying around the room chasing everyone!

Interesting that Japan redrew Lynora for us; they must want to make sure she isn't the next Jynx (which she isn't, never will be, and never was). . I must say that Watchog's Illuminate ability looks odd. Can it turn itself into a lightbulb whenever it wants? I'd probably just let it use Flash, but whatever.

Both Lynora and Hawes had good voice actors in my book. I'm disappointed that Yamask didn't had Bayleaf's voice actor/actress though, as James' Yamask in Japan sounds a lot like Bayleaf's English voice actor. Despite this, Yamask's english voice is tollerable so I'll stop my complaining.

Overall I fine pre-gym episode. :562:

halloweenghost
8th May 2011, 3:58 AM

I'm sure they will just remove that part. Kinda weird to remove the apron though...

Kinda odd how sometime people can be skeptical, despite ghost types are known to exist..

MidnightMelody
8th May 2011, 4:03 AM
Who cares the apron is gone?

AuraChannelerChris
8th May 2011, 5:42 AM
Who cares the apron is gone?

I care because we could receive a scene like this in the next episode.

Lenora: Let's start! *Removes apron*

Iris: Hey, why were you wearing an apron just now?

Lenora: Was making some breakfast for my cutie-pie here before the battle. *winks*

Hawes: *Burps*

Also, the actual episode was brought to you by low-frequency waves.

ESPNfanatic35
8th May 2011, 7:12 AM
Funniest episode in a while mostly due to Iris and Cilan's supernatural vs. science debates. They wanted to figure out what was happening and prove each other wrong and Ash is just in the middle of the argument like "Dude, I just want my gym battle already." It's just too bad Cilan didn't start acting like Jim Carrey when he put on the mask lol. How interesting would that have been? Sssssssmokin'! Loved Lenora's VA by the way, very nice voice for her.

RickHoenn
8th May 2011, 8:30 AM

Wow I can't believe they actually removed it -__- lol

Vipsoccermaster
8th May 2011, 11:59 AM
This episode was okay, nothing too special about it. Cilan and Iris debating with each other was funny, as well. Now we're on to the gym match.

MidnightMelody
8th May 2011, 3:10 PM
Wow I can't believe they actually removed it -__- lol

It was removed due to Aunt Jemimah being a copyrighted figure. People get over it!

The Eleventh
8th May 2011, 4:10 PM
This episode was enjoyable, but not too special. The next episode should be great. It's good to see the whole trio conversing actively, and Iris and Cilan's debate was funny. There was about ten seconds of fantastic action when Watchog appeared, and even while Ash took out his Pokédex, nothing slowed down. The music was tense and the angle was constantly changing. Why can't it be like that all of the time?! Also, Lenora's dub voice is perfect! It's the best piece of voice casting since Iris and Cilan.

ESPNfanatic35
8th May 2011, 4:47 PM
It's good to see the whole trio conversing actively

That's what I liked best about this episode. I hate it when it's usually Ash conversing with the character of the day while Cilan and Iris just kind of stay back and say a couple of lines of observations now and then.

SmartD
8th May 2011, 6:15 PM

Even though I saw episode screencaps before watching the dub, I didn't notice this before. Not that I'm complaining like most people, but this is interesting.

#1treeckofan
8th May 2011, 6:19 PM
they pronounce cofagrigus weirdly lol

AuraChannelerChris
8th May 2011, 6:21 PM
They most likely removed the apron to match up with her updated Pokemon art. The first one had her wearing the apron, but after the games were released in Japan, her art got updated with her carrying it over her shoulder.

...Though it might not make the cut in the next episode.

Lorde
8th May 2011, 9:54 PM
Wow, they actually did edit Lenora in the anime huh? I heard people talking about the possibility, but I never thought that they'd actually do it. If someone hadn't posted that comparison, I honestly wouldn't have noticed a difference. I watched the last half of the dubbed episode, and I have to admit that I liked Cilan's voice while he was possessed. I also liked Lenora's voice since it sounded different from what we've heard before. Hawes had a terrible voice, IMO.

NorthernLord
8th May 2011, 11:25 PM
I loved the new episode, just as all the other ones.
Also, I just gotta love the NEW team rocket. They're no longer on that quest for pikachu in every single episode, and they're more "mysterious", professional and stealthy. It fits so well, after 600 episodes of them just repeating their motto, tries to catch pikachu, fails, and blasts off again.
(Although I didn't see any season 11,12 or 13 episodes, though)

matt0044
8th May 2011, 11:50 PM
I care because we could receive a scene like this in the next episode.

Lenora: Let's start! *Removes apron*

Iris: Hey, why were you wearing an apron just now?

Lenora: Was making some breakfast for my cutie-pie here before the battle. *winks*

Hawes: *Burps*

Also, the actual episode was brought to you by low-frequency waves.

That'd be pretty funny.

Robotic Wind
9th May 2011, 6:27 AM
I haven't seen the U.S. versiom yet but by looking at the comparision is Lenora darker in the english version?

ESPNfanatic35
9th May 2011, 7:23 AM
Hawes had a terrible voice, IMO.

I thought he kinda sounded like Shaggy from Scooby Doo especially with the way his voice would crack now and then. Funny also considering this was an episode about a ghost and haunted house (museum in this case.)

gliscor&yanmega
9th May 2011, 6:04 PM
Hawes has an interesting voice, sounds like I've heard it before but I can't find his voice actor on bulbapedia.

Lenora sounded nice.

Yamask and Watchog were fine as well.

I loved Cilan and Iris' back and forth.

I enjoyed it.

Trainer Orange
9th May 2011, 6:16 PM
This episode made me wish the in-game version of Nacrene City had brightly painted buildings. Guess I'll have to imagine them!

Orton155
10th May 2011, 12:19 AM
I tried to get a full shot of lenora if anyone was interested with and without her apron. I'm sure not many of you care but I did so I thought i'd share it with you.

Apoligies in advance for the size.

http://i54.*******.com/155qx4y.jpg http://i56.*******.com/2mo4if7.jpg

American--Pi
10th May 2011, 6:40 AM
http://i54.*******.com/155qx4y.jpg http://i56.*******.com/2mo4if7.jpg

Why would the dubbers remove the apron? I find it kind of pointless. After all, the Game Lenora has an apron.

Overall, nice little filler episode (it may be a filler, but it's cool and spooky). Hawes and Lenora both had nice voices (Lenora especially, and Hawes did indeed sound like Shaggy from Scooby-Doo).

My favorite part of the episode has to be Iris and Cilan debating, Science vs. Religion (sort of). Cilan is definitely starting to fill the Brock-shaped hole in the Pokemon Anime world. I like his character and love for logic and reasoning (which seem to be deteriorating in the Pokemon world... :().

Raptor_Crow
10th May 2011, 3:49 PM
The dub did not remove Lenora's apron. It was an edit done by the writers. No dubbing coming can do an edit that professional. Work on this episode started way before the change to Lenora's Sugimori artwork (in the new one she has her apron slung over her shoulder) was made. And by the time the new one appeared the episode was too far along for them to go back and make any changes. But they had time to edit it for the international releases and any future re-airings in Japan.

This is happened before with the Croagunk Festival episode in the Diamond and Pearl series. When this episode (and the other 2 episodes Lenora appears in) is rerun in Japan the version were Lenora doesn't have her apron will most likely be shown. It's kind of funny that anyone would think a dubbing company can do an edit of this scale- TPCI wouldn't be able to redraw and reanimate Lenora's body without it looking shoddy. Because it was a professional edit, I didn't even notice she was missing her apron until I saw it mentioned in the Bulbagarden forums.

Geekachu
10th May 2011, 4:40 PM
Yeah I quite liked this episode, and I mean, THANKS they're finally progressing past the silly fillers. I love Nacrene City, and I wish more of its cultured artistic aspect could transpire a bit more in the games. It was a cool episode, and Lenora was awesome. I can't wait for the next episode when we get to see the first proper battle in a while (well, I'm still waiting, all the previous ones have tended to be one way).

The only thing that annoyed me was Cilan blaming everything on high frequency waves and magnets. I understand in BW there's a theme of contrasts and accepting opposite opinions, but sometimes the writing becomes stupid.

AuraChannelerChris
11th May 2011, 12:45 AM
Yeah I quite liked this episode, and I mean, THANKS they're finally progressing past the silly fillers. I love Nacrene City, and I wish more of its cultured artistic aspect could transpire a bit more in the games. It was a cool episode, and Lenora was awesome. I can't wait for the next episode when we get to see the first proper battle in a while (well, I'm still waiting, all the previous ones have tended to be one way).

The only thing that annoyed me was Cilan blaming everything on high frequency waves and magnets. I understand in BW there's a theme of contrasts and accepting opposite opinions, but sometimes the writing becomes stupid.

Oooh, believe me. There was a hidden, good reason for Cilan to act like that. You'll have to wait to see what that reason is.

Ne0n-H!tch'd
11th May 2011, 7:48 AM
Damn! I wanted Lenora to sound like Wendy Williams!!!

_Taidow_
11th May 2011, 5:09 PM
Damn! I wanted Lenora to sound like Wendy Williams!!!

How you doing? lol

Notalwaysbalckanddwhite
12th May 2011, 12:52 AM
OMG i just posted about this on "Favorite pokemon" (dragonite, the skeleton) and i see the picure

JennaJayfeather
12th May 2011, 3:01 AM
Oooh, believe me. There was a hidden, good reason for Cilan to act like that. You'll have to wait to see what that reason is.

....but...it won't be as epic as it was in JP...:<

MidnightMelody
12th May 2011, 4:44 AM
How you doing? lol

OMG YES! That or Orprah

suopi
12th May 2011, 11:46 PM
When this episode (and the other 2 episodes Lenora appears in) is rerun in Japan the version were Lenora doesn't have her apron will most likely be shown.

Well at least rerun on Kids Station wasn't edited.

SphealsFTW
14th May 2011, 8:45 AM
As soon as I saw the coffin on the poster at the beginning of the episode, I knew what the ep was going to be about ;P.

Anyways, I really liked this episode. Yamask and Cofagrigus are probably my favorite ghost pokemon and I loved Yamask's voice :D. Cilan was kind of annoying at the beginning how he kept denying that ghosts exists... But I'm glad that Yamask was somewhat "happy" and not some evil spirit that's always sad and thinking about its past life.

Radlin
25th May 2011, 4:44 AM
After watching this episode, I noticed that Ash said that Yamask is such a cool Pokemon. I was like " If it's a cool Pokemon, then why don't you catch it dummy!"

JennaJayfeather
25th May 2011, 5:22 PM
After watching this episode, I noticed that Ash said that Yamask is such a cool Pokemon. I was like " If it's a cool Pokemon, then why don't you catch it dummy!"

X3 In Japanese he said it was a "cute Pokemon" XD

BurningSociety12345543210
25th May 2011, 10:08 PM
The episode was ok.

Rebeccag
27th May 2011, 9:38 PM
LOVED Clian and Iris talking about Science and religion and made me ship them even more. Lenora is kinda cool as well even though we didnt see her very much and I like how she and Hawes were married i like to see more adult relationships

AuraChannelerChris
28th May 2011, 7:03 PM
LOVED Clian and Iris talking about Science and religion and made me ship them even more. Lenora is kinda cool as well even though we didnt see her very much and I like how she and Hawes were married i like to see more adult relationships

Religion...in MY Pokemon?!

No, seriously. There was no religion involved in this ep.

menonabhi123
30th May 2011, 11:53 AM
the episode was good. the arguement between cilan and iris was annoying.the only thing cilan knows is high frequency and magnetic field!

31st May 2011, 2:42 AM
the episode was good. the arguement between cilan and iris was annoying.the only thing cilan knows is high frequency and magnetic field!

He could have easily been right.

kyogreblue3
1st June 2011, 12:08 AM
the episode was pretty good, although i kinda thought the Yamask mask taking control of Cilan was pretty freaky, since Cilan is, for a reason i haven't made up yet, my favorite Unova Gym Leader. and yeah, i thought the argument between Iris and Cilan was annoying, too.

pikachu+piplup
3rd June 2011, 7:42 AM
Personally, I don't get how just wearing an apron automatically make her a racist stereotype. And anyway, what difference would removing the apron do!!!!!!!??? Ah, well, let's be glad 4Kids didn't dub this. Otherwise, for sure, Lenora would be made white *shudders at the thought of that*.

Littlemyuu
11th June 2011, 9:20 PM
not one of my favorites but i liked it ^^

Lance The Champ
18th June 2011, 11:25 AM
Cilan was so irritating with his rational explanations... served him right when Yamask took control over him

Darkmagiciangirl
21st June 2011, 11:39 AM
Cilan was so irritating with his rational explanations... served him right when Yamask took control over him

Yip, that's gotta be the reason! Since there is ghost-type pokemon, the law of physics doesn't count..right?

usernames
12th April 2012, 9:19 PM
Try looking at the Mask removal part.(DUB!)
Unforgettable parts in my opinion:
Cilan was about to uhh..... you know..... ALRIGHT ALRIGT ALRIGHT SEE 4 URSELF
Ash was like"CILAN!Thank goodness, u ok?"
The other guy replies with"-I'm fine.....What happened?"
THEN THE REST GOES!!

ForgottenPearl
6th June 2012, 2:59 AM
This was a good episode, though nothing special. At first, I thought a Cofagrigus was obviously behind all this, but I was proven wrong when that tomb turned out just to be a replica of one. But it was a ghost Pokémon doing everything: that much was obvious.

Let’s see... I liked how eerie Iris looked when she was spouting off her theories. Oh, and Cilan... You think everything is reducible to science and logic in a world with ghost Pokémon, a world with creatures that can survive in airtight balls, etc... C’mon, dude, you were toast from the start. I liked all your excuses: yeah, yeah, the air conditioning was on the fritz... And you sure like big, science-y words... But it’s always the skeptic that gets screwed in ghost stories, so of course you got possessed by that creepy mask. Karma! Way to win that argument, Iris. But everyone was a Pokémon move expert when they identified how Yamask did everything.

I like Lenora and her husband. That’s an inter-race relationship, and she’s so much tougher than he is. ^_^

On a side note, I think they said something about Ash getting the Pokémon egg “several days ago.” If “several days” is two episodes ago, that makes it even weirder that Ash is still ten. Oh well, not like I expect much realism. And he didn’t say anything about meeting Kabuto and Dragonite in person—memory wiped.

Anyway, good episode, even if it was underwhelming when compared to the previous one.

wobbanut
3rd July 2012, 3:47 AM
Okay, possessed Cilan was a bit creepy, but otherwise it was a pretty good episode. And the anime debut of yamask, I'm glad James caught one later. I like when Cilan gave up trying to explain things scientifically anymore, and Ash's groans when Iris and Cilan told him he couldn't go to the gym yet. LOL

7/10

17th November 2012, 1:35 AM
Nice episode but it was a FILLER so it loses points for that. 7/10

PokemontrainerY
13th August 2013, 8:47 PM
This was an interesting episode, I liked how it was focused on ghosts. The arguement between Iris and Cilan was kinda funny at the beginning. LOL Cilan kept denying that ghosts exists and Iris kept saying that ghost exists. But later Cilan had to get possessed by Yamask xD. At least Yamask got it's mask back.

It's cool to see Lenora for the first time. I'm glad that Ash is going to challenge her in the next episode.

Arvis
9th February 2014, 9:51 PM
Interesting Episode. It was pretty cool seeing possesed Cilan. Also, I never really realized how interesting of a Pokemon Yamask is.