PDA

View Full Version : Yellow Team Remake

Chill92
27th December 2010, 4:33 AM
So one of my favoruite old Pokemon games was Yellow so I decided hey, what about bringing that team back, Gen V style? This is the team I used during the whole Yellow version and this is mostly a remake. Items I only put for Pikachu and Blastoise the rest I'm unsure of. No fan of Choice items. Anyway, appreciate if you could get this team rated, both Competitive play and normal play. I'm open for any suggestions

Pikachu
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/b/b2/Spr_5b_025_m.png

Nature: Lonely
Item: Lightball
Ability: Static
Moveset:
Volt tackle
Thunder Wave
Grass Knot
Hidden Power (Ice)

Though weak, it can hit hard and is more of a risk taker and revenge taker. Volt Tackle for it's strongest attack. Thunder Wave to support other members in case the opponent is too much. Grass knot to remove ground types, though some may be light, so I added HP ice to cover as well and for additional coverage

Charizard
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/e/e1/Spr_5b_006.png

Nature: Modest
Ability: Solar Power
Moveset:
Flamethrower
Dragon Pulse
Sunny Day
Solar Beam

The dream world ability activates when I get sunny day up and I have instant Solar Beam too. The only problem I have is Electric (Solar beam can damage rock but it can be a problem when I use the turn to set up sunny day). Dragon Pulse goes well with Flamethrower since dragon type resist fire and grass moves.

Venusaur
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/6/68/Spr_5b_003_m.png

Nature: Modest
Ability: Chlorophyll
Moveset:
Leaf Storm
Sludge Bomb
Hidden power (Rock)
Solar Beam ?

Leaf Storm is very strong, but it has a bad side effect. If it works tandem with Charixard setting up the sunny day, then I can use the solar beam instead. Also the ability is good for doubling the speed. Sludge Bomb gets STAB though is a poison move. HP rock to cover all Venusaur's weakness (except Psychic)

Blastoise
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/3/3d/Spr_5b_009.png

Nature: Bold
Ability: Rain Dish
Moveset:
Surf
Rain Dance
Rapid Spin
Blizzard

Since Stealth Rocks can damage my team, especially Charizard, I think Blatoise will be the rapid spinner of the team. Surf is weaker than Hydro Pump but is reliable and reasonable powerful. It gets a boost with Rain dance too and to cancel Charizards sunny day which can possibly hinder Surf's attack power. Also it's ability lets it regain HP, which can be great if it has Leftovers as an held item. Only problem is the opponent using Thunder... Blizzard to counter Grass types

Pidgeot
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/8/8a/Spr_5b_018.png

Nature: Lonely
Ability: Tangled feet
Moveset:
Brave Bird/Windstorm?
Return
Hidden Power (Ground)
U-Turn

Brave Bird is one of the strongest moves for Pidgeot, but I'm unsure about Windstorm. It's the same base power, but under rain Windstorm always hit, just like Thunder. So it works well with Blastoise. Suffers no recoil, but only useful with rain dance. HP ground to remove rock and electric so only ice is the real danger. U-turn to spy/flee and deal some little damage. Return is good STAB move to use with

Snorlax
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/4/40/Spr_5b_143.png

Nature: Adamant
Ability: Thick Fat
Moveset:
Body Slam
Earthquake
Crunch
Zen Headbutt

Body slam may be a little weaker than Return, but it has a chance of paralysing the opponent which is good for this slow guy. Earthquake is good type coverage. Crunch to deal with levitating psychics and ghosts. Zen Headbutt to fighting types that threaten it. Since Charizard's sunny day can help the oppoenent's fire pokemon, then Snorlax's thick fat is the best one to counter them (except Blastoise).

gyaradosuseddragonrage!
27th December 2010, 4:20 PM
Windstorm and HP Ground are terrible on Pidgeot. Just look at its Special Attack. Use Brave Bird and Roost in those slots, or maybe Steel Wing. Since your doing that, give Pidgeot an Adamant nature, no need to lower defence. For Pikachu, get rid of Thunder Wave because it's too frail to be using it. Also get rid of Grass Knot or HP Ice, take your pick, and give it Focus Punch with Substitute over T-Wave. For Snorlax, give it Rest and Sleep Talk if you want over Crunch and Zen Headbutt. If you are worried about levitating ghosts, use Fire Punch. Conflicting weather status is never good, so I suggest either getting rid of Blastoise for something else or getting rid of the weather moves. Just do it, you won't regret it.

Chill92
28th December 2010, 6:51 PM
Windstorm and HP Ground are terrible on Pidgeot. Just look at its Special Attack. Use Brave Bird and Roost in those slots, or maybe Steel Wing. Since your doing that, give Pidgeot an Adamant nature, no need to lower defence. For Pikachu, get rid of Thunder Wave because it's too frail to be using it. Also get rid of Grass Knot or HP Ice, take your pick, and give it Focus Punch with Substitute over T-Wave. For Snorlax, give it Rest and Sleep Talk if you want over Crunch and Zen Headbutt. If you are worried about levitating ghosts, use Fire Punch. Conflicting weather status is never good, so I suggest either getting rid of Blastoise for something else or getting rid of the weather moves. Just do it, you won't regret it.

Alright on Pidgeot. For Pikachu I will be picking Grass knot then. But no fan of Focus punch so I might use Brick Break instead. I had added the weather effects solely because of the new DW abilities to test it out, since the kanto trio can benefit from them. Blastoise having raindance can cancel the sunny day, so it can work. Appreciate the tips

Aurath8
28th December 2010, 7:24 PM
Rock Slide over Crunch on Snorlax. You gain much more coverage with Rock Slide which hits all Levitators.

Blastoise@Leftovers
Bold/Rain Dish
-Surf/Boiling Water
-Ice Beam
-Toxic
-Rapid Spin/Dragon Tail

It's not worth using Rain Dance if it benefits only one pokemon but since the sun hurts the power of Blastoise's best STAB it could find a slot somewhere. This set aims for support rather than attacking anyway, so just hope you don't need to attack or your opponent has Solarbeam.
Surf gets power when needed and is your best STAB move. Boiling Water could burn the opponent, which is always nice.
Ice Beam gives good coverage along with Surf and is much more reliable and accurate than Blizzard.
Toxic messes stuff up and breaks down walls, useful for opponents coming in on the switch and trolling the AI just before you faint.
Rapid Spin is very useful competitively for your team but is useless ingame. Dragon Tail gets some nice coverage and can phaze but leaves your team open to Stealth Rock.

Ditto123
28th December 2010, 8:39 PM
dont run sunny day and rain dance on the same team

thepangman
28th December 2010, 9:06 PM
Since most of your team is Sunny Day based, I would either remove Blastoise or change its moveset, so its moves aren't hampered by the sun. Surf would lose power and i think Blizzard loses accuracy. Ninetails could be a good option, since it has the Drought ability now. Other than that, I like!