PDA

View Full Version : Unova Stall

Double-O-Nothing
28th December 2010, 12:25 AM
My attempt at a Stall team for two reasons. One, because defensive pokemon are my favorite and two, because people think Stall can't still be good this generation.

Dasotodasu@Focus Sash Ability:Breakable Armor
252HP/252SPE Nature:Jolly
Toxic Spikes/Spikes/Gunk Shot/Explosion
Dasotodasu isn't really much of a defensive pokemon but it and Pendora were the only two good Toxic Spikers and by personal preference I chose Dasotodasu. With Focus Sash he always gets Toxic Spikes up once and with Breakable Armor, usually the necessary second time. Then he can set Spikes if he can manahe but probably not.

Iwaparesu@Leftovers Ability:Sturdy
252HP/252DEF Nature:Impish
Stealth Rock/Spikes/XScissor/StoneEdge
Iwaparersu is my physical wall and is usually necessary to get Stealth Rock and Spikes up when Dasotodasu cannot. Always at least gets Stealth Rock thanks to Sturdy. X Scissor and Stone Edge for STAB.

Burungeru@Leftovers Ability:Water Absorb
252HP/252SP.DEF Nature:Calm
BoilingWater/Recover/ShadowBall/IceBeam
Burungeru is my special wall. He can also spread burn around with Boiling Water to make Stall even more effective.

Zuruzukin@Leftovers Ability:Shed Skin
252HP/252SP.DEF Nature:Adamant
DrainPunch/Rest/BulkUp/PayBack
Zuruzukin is my mixed wall. Drain Punch and Rest for recovery and Shed Skin to cure sleep. Normal Bulk Up set. Packs a punch and is defensive. So far my most effective team member.

Barujina@Leftovers Ability: Dust Proof
252HP/126DEF/126SP.DEF Nature:Careful
Whirlwind/Roost/BraveBird/??????
Barujina is also a mixed wall but mainly used for Whirlwind to spread damage around by Spikes and Toxic Spikes and Stealth Rock. Roost for recovery. Not sure what to use as a last move.

Nattorei@Rugged Helmet Ability:Steel Thorns
252HP/168SP.DEF/84DEF Nature:Sassy
Spikes/LeechSeed/GyroBall/PowerWhip
Nattorei is arguably the best wall in Black and White. Leech Seed for another form of damage, Gyro Ball and Power Whip for STAB. Spikes because sometimes Dasotodasu and Iwaperesu SOMETIMES don't get Spikes out.

Spyfox4989
28th December 2010, 4:51 AM
I really like this...

Double-O-Nothing
28th December 2010, 5:38 AM
Anyhting you particularly like about it? I have another Stall team but with all different generation pokemon instead of just Unova. But I thought in the spirit of Black and White I'd use an all Unova team for a while first. Any changes or a suggestion of Barujina's last move?

Double-O-Nothing
28th December 2010, 5:40 AM
Anyhting you particularly like about it? I have another Stall team but with all different generation pokemon instead of just Unova. But I thought in the spirit of Black and White I'd use an all Unova team for a while first. Any changes or a suggestion of Barujina's last move?

Sweep Freak
28th December 2010, 4:09 PM
Stall isn't a perfectly viable strategy when playing in-game, but besides that, here we go:

The team is very good. I don't see much about it, in fact this looks like a competitive team.

Double-O-Nothing
28th December 2010, 4:29 PM
Well the main reasons I posted here instead of competitive is that I wasn't exactly sure this was good enough to be used in competitive play. It is also an ingame team though, they do all have moves for getting through the game but I get your point how Spikes and such aren't useful in game except in some cases. Those are mostly for battling friends, I never really thought of competitive play.