PDA

View Full Version : Walking on Sunshine!

Aurath8
1st January 2011, 6:01 PM
So here's a joint RMT me and TBR have been doing over the past few days. Enjoy/rate/try to rate/troll!

Ninetales@Leftovers
Timid/Drought
252 Spatk/252 Spd/4 Def
-Nasty plot
-Flamethrower
-Solarbeam
-Hidden Power(Ground)

Dragonite@Leftovers
Jolly/Multiscale, Inner Focus
72 HP/252 Atk/4 Def/180 Sod
-Dragon Dance
-Dragon Claw
-Fire Punch
-Roost

Rhyperior@Leftovers/Muscle Band
Adamant/Solid Rock
252 Atk/252 HP/4 Spd
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-Fire Punch
-Avalanche

Blissey@Leftovers
Calm/Natural Cure
24 HP/252 Def/232 Spdef
-Wish
-Toxic
-Protect
-Ice Beam

Shanderra@Choice Scarf
Modest/Flash Fire
184 Spd/252 Spatk/68 HP
-Flamethrower
-Solarbeam
-Shadow Ball
-Hidden Power(Ground)

Exeggutor@Lum Berry
Bold/Harvest
252 Def/252 HP/4 Spd
-Rest
-Calm Mind
-Solarbeam
-Psycho Shock

Shine
2nd January 2011, 8:46 AM
So where is the Sunny Day?

EDIT @ much later after aura's post below : oops, didn't noticed Ninetales has Drought :p

Aurath8
2nd January 2011, 10:25 AM
Ninetales@Leftovers
Timid/Drought
252 Spatk/252 Spd/4 Def
-Nasty plot
-Flamethrower
-Solarbeam
-Hidden Power(Ground)

10charlimit.

rocky505
2nd January 2011, 10:32 AM
I would put sunny day on someone just in case a T tar, Hippowdon, or politoad come in.

Noctourniquet
2nd January 2011, 1:28 PM
So where is the Sunny Day?

EDIT @ much later after aura's post below : oops, didn't noticed Ninetales has Drought :P

i'm so sorry but i lol'd

I would put sunny day on someone just in case a T tar, Hippowdon, or politoad come in.

You're not going to be seeing any of them in a B/W playthrough.

Besides, you can always switch out. Ninetales is often just coming in as a lead, setting up the sun, and getting out to let a more suitable party member do the job. It's rare that Sun won't be set up and even if it isn't, no Pokemon are rendered completely useless. Only Exeggutor will have difficulties.

YOOMTAH
2nd January 2011, 1:56 PM
I find it very hard to rate this team, because I don't understand what the goal is of using the Pokémon you are using. Can you post some explanations?

The movesets are just fine, there is nothing that can be improved if there is no function which has to be achieved.

I hope you understand this, especially since my english isn't the best, but pleas post some explanations. Then I will try to rate it.

Noctourniquet
2nd January 2011, 2:16 PM
Yeah it was kinda lazy of Aura not to post explanations, but then, I can't talk since I didn't post it because I was watching the football. x)

As I helped make this team, and I didn't write the OP, I'll do some brief ones now.

Ninetales

Is a straightforward special sweeper and Sun inducer. Everything is obvious except for HP[Ground], which kills Fires that otherwise wall a lot on this team.

Dragonite (btw Aurawarrior I'd say we should go with Multiscale because of Roost + Lefties)

Our physical sweeper. The EVs outspeed a Max Spe Base 130 after a single Dragon Dance, max Atk, dump into HP, and then removes weakness to residual damage by displacing 4 EVs from HP into Def. Roost because Draggy is bulky, Dragon Dance and Dragon Claw are obvious, and Fire Punch murders stuff in the Sun, as well as getting all the coverage we'll ever need alongside Dragon Claw.

Rhyperior

Loves the sun because it lessens the Water weakness and helps Fire Punch hit harder. QuakeEdge coverage and Double STAB. Avalanche because Rhyperior is slow and there is no real need for Megahorn when we have Fire Punch to take out Grass Types anyway.

Blissey

Is our supporter / Toxistaller. Her EVs allow her to hit the minimum Leftovers+1 recovery point and then work to meet maximum defensive potential. Ice Beam because we didn't need more Flamethrower or Solarbeam I guess.

Shandera

Is a massive troll. It gets us a very quick, very powerful, special attacker to come in, kill some stuff, and then gtfo. The moveset choice is identical to Ninetales', but with Shadow Ball as a second STAB. The EVs outspeed a Timid Starmie iirc.

Exeggutor

Is a godly tank. CM + Max Def + Max HP makes it hard enough to kill, but factor in Rest + instant Lum regeneration and you have an absolute monster. Two moveslots doesn't give us very much room for attacking so we just went for pseudo-mixed Double STAB.

Is that what you wanted?