PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon White RMT (future)

murkrowrob
3rd January 2011, 12:12 PM
http://www.arkeis.com/images/animations/503.gif
Daikenki (Jolly) @Muscle Band
Torrent
-Swords Dance
-Waterfall
-Megahorn
-Return

http://www.arkeis.com/images/animations/581.gif
Swanna (Modest) @Whatever
Keen Eye
-Fly
-Air slash
-Surf
-Ice Beam

http://www.arkeis.com/images/animations/553.gif
Warubiaru (Adamant) @Choice Band
Moxie
-Earthquake
-Crunch
-Outrage
-Stone Edge

http://www.arkeis.com/images/animations/579.gif
Rankurusu (Modest) @Leftovers/Life orb (whatever I can get hold of)
Magic Guard
-Thunder Wave
-Psychic
-Shadow Ball
-Focus Blast

http://www.arkeis.com/images/animations/555.gif
Darmanitan (Jolly) @Life orb
Sheer Force
-Superpower
-Flare blitz
-U-Turn
-Earthquake

http://www.arkeis.com/images/animations/549.gifORhttp://www.arkeis.com/images/animations/571.gif
This depends on when or if we get the celebi/legendary beast event in europe. If before or very early into the release of black and white, I'll get zoroark.

Doredia (Modest) @Whatever
Own Tempo
-Butterfly dance
-Petal Dance
-Sleep Powder
-HP (Fire/rock)

OR

Zoroark (Rash - Timid if I can breed early enough) @Focus Sash
Illusion
-Nasty Plot
-Night Burst
-Flamethrower
-Focus Blast

Tsumiki
3rd January 2011, 12:54 PM
Cut is almost useless in 5th gen due to the general lack of Cut trees ingame. You should run Return+Swords Dance on Slots 1+4. Lefties or Muscle Band should be it's held item. It could also run Jolly>Adamant, seeing as you'll be running Swords Dance.

Swanna wants Air Slash over Dive/Fly, your choice. Either way, Life Orb, I suppose. Mild is the prefered nature imo.

Waruvial look fine, Outrage/Dragon Claw on Slot 3. Choice Band/Scarf is best here.

Rankurusu wants Shadow Ball>Recover, but that's just my opinon. Focus Blast>Energy Ball anyday. Lefties to support CM setup.

It's Doredia, not Doreida ;). It wants Hidden Power [Rock] to cover it's weaknesses. Lefties, again,to support setup. Zoroark, on the other hand, looks fine. Lefties or Wise Glasses work here.

My first rate in forever, so excuse slip ups.

murkrowrob
3rd January 2011, 1:48 PM
Thanks. How useful are dive and strength in-game, though? I am trying to avoid the choice items and life orb purely for ease of battling.

Updated first post.

Aurath8
3rd January 2011, 9:45 PM
You only use Dive in one post-game location. Strength gets you about ten insignificant items during the game but is never necessary.
Therefore: Outrage >>>>>>> Strength and Air Slash >>>>>>> Dive.

Also for Hihidaruma, choose a Jolly nature and make it hold a Life Orb. Life Orb recoil is negated by Sheer Force and so is the Flare Blitz recoil. With the world's strongest Flare Blitz you can afford to boost your speed a little.

ASB
4th January 2011, 5:40 AM
Yeah, I'd agree that Hihidaruma should stay Jolly. Many powerful pokemon in this generation have been given stats in the high 90s and low 100s (Ononokusu, Urugamosu, Sazandora, and perhaps even Kojondo come to mind), so you'll want some extra speed.

Btw, have you thought about your EV spreads yet, or are you just going to wing it?

murkrowrob
4th January 2011, 10:28 AM
EV-wise, I'm probably just going to wing it, especially with the starter as it's somewhat hard considering the trainers that could appear before a decent training place in one stat.
Jolly Hihidaruma, Outrage and Air Slash get to stay on Warubiaru and Swanna.

Updated first post

Noctourniquet
4th January 2011, 12:45 PM
Eh. I'd personally say to run Psycho Shock > Psychic on Rankurusu. It gets you am essentially mixed attacker. I actually think it works better to run Thunder Wave > Calm Mind and Life Orb > Leftovers. Rankurusu is so slow that it'll have a pretty hard time setting up when it can never get the first hit in. Thunder Wave solves the speed problem while Life Orb makes it a far more powerful instant attacker, not to mention that its ability prevents Life Orb recoil.

Make Swanna Timid or Modest. When you have Air Slash, you have very little use for Fly and should be only using it as a field move. No point in hindering yourself with a mixed nature for a move you don't need to be using in battles anyway.

Doredia wants Sleep Powder > Leech Seed. It will have a very hard time setting up without disabling the opponent for a while.

Whether or not you can get a Zoroark, it should be Timid. You don't need a Modest Nature and Nasty Plot.

Also for Hihidaruma, choose a Jolly nature and make it hold a Life Orb. Life Orb recoil is negated by Sheer Force and so is the Flare Blitz recoil. With the world's strongest Flare Blitz you can afford to boost your speed a little.

murkrowrob, I'm thinking you may have missed this important little point here.

murkrowrob
4th January 2011, 1:09 PM
I'll keep psychic even if it is purely to counter roopushin.

Does life orb actually get negated by sheer force? I thought that only the secondary effect of the attacks was negated. oh well, I'll just replace the orb if it doesn't work.

Thanks for the help :D Updated first post

Aurath8
4th January 2011, 1:39 PM
To be honest I'm only sure that all recoil is negated when you use Flare Blitz + Life orb + Sheer Force but I do think this applies to other moves.

murkrowrob
4th January 2011, 8:23 PM
Just tested the Hihidaruma @Life Orb and Flare Blitz and you're right about th life orb but I still got recoil off of flare blitz

Shine
5th January 2011, 3:38 AM
you might be using the Daruma Mode one?

EDIT : or it's a misunderstanding, and it's just the Life Orb recoil that's gets negated, because apparently Psychic + Life Orb on Encourage Pokemon = no Life Orb recoil.
Even if only the LO recoil that gets negated, Flare Blitz is still a ridiculously powerful STAB for Hihidaruma. If you really wants no recoil at all, Fire Punch is powerful enough and good to be used.

murkrowrob
5th January 2011, 4:58 PM
Considering Fire Punch, depending on how much I can OHKO with flare blitz and whatever decent countersthere are.

lost
18th February 2011, 5:16 PM
i think it is a very good, well thought out team!
go for Doridia for the main game because you cannot get Zoroark untill after the main game when you can trade from other generations! :)

P.S. can you tell me where i can get the MOVING pokemon spirites for posting my team? thanks!

Lord Zoroark
19th February 2011, 7:44 AM
You know, I'd give that Swanna

-Rain Dance

-Hurricane
--Benefits with 100% acuracy from Rain Dance, Swanna's Special Attack Stat (it's best attacking stat), excellent base power, and that 30% chance of confusing the opponent. Not to mention that healthy helping of STAB.

-Surf
--Good base power which takes advantage of Swanna's Special Attack, boosted by Rain Dance (extra 50% boost, to be precise), screws the entire battlefield, and gets that wonderful little blessing from STAB.

-Air Slash
--Good base power, takes advatage of Swanna's Special Attack, and it might make 'em flinch, too. Don't get me started on STAB.

Hope it helps. ;490;