PDA

View Full Version : ⓇⓃⒼ•ⓉⒺⒶⓂ

Noctourniquet
4th January 2011, 3:30 PM
Hi people. This is a team made using random.org's random number generator. As such, please do not make suggestions for Pokémon replacements. I quite like the idea so expect a few more.

Oh and I just discovered the 'special characters' palette.

Tsunbeaa (http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/614.shtml) @ Leftovers
Lonely Nature
Snow Cloak
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Avalanche
Yawn
Rock Slide
Focus Punch

# 614, Tsunbeaa. I quite like this thing, although it may just be my bias towards the Ice type. After a quick look through its movepool, I think that this can probably pull off a decent Focus Punch set. STAB Avalanche, Focus Punch because that's the point (derp) and Rock Slide for Fires. Whee.

Gallade (http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/475.shtml) @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
Steadfast
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Swords Dance
Ice Punch
Psycho Cut
Close Combat

# 457, Gallade. inb4 redundant. It's not really redundant alongside Tsunbeaa because, despite running Swords Dance, that's about all that they have in common. Gallade is a much faster, harder-hitting version. 80 Base Spe is usable, so I just maxed it and threw in Ice Punch to hit Flyers and foe some general coverage. Close Combat and Psycho Cut get pretty powerful Double STAB.

Desukan (http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/563.shtml) @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
Mummy
252 HP / 252 SpAtk / 4 Spe
Substitute
Shadow Ball
Calm Mind
Hidden Power [Fighting]

# 563, Desukan. A personal favourite set of mine this generation. With its incredible Base Defence stat, SubCMDesu will be extremely hard to kill after a SpDef boost or two. Max HP and SpAtk as no investment into Def is really needed, and Leftovers for steady Substitute recovery. As for the moveset, the two chosen moves provide both a solid STAB and great coverage together. Calm Mind and Substitute are pretty obvious.

Metagross (http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/376.shtml) @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
Clear Body
168 HP / 252 Atk / 88 Spe
Meteor Mash
Ice Punch
Earthquake
Agility

# 376, Metagross. Damn the RNG loves me. This is the bogstandard Agiligross which someone came up with ages ago. It may actually have been me, idk, doesn't matter. Ice Punch is in there to kill Ground types, and Earthquake hits Steels hard. Meteor Mash is a solid STAB, and Agility is just what makes the set work. The EV spread allows me to outspeed a Max Spe Aerodactyl after a single use of Agility.

Golduck (http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/055.shtml) @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
Swift Swim
4 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe
Surf
Ice Beam
Psycho Shock
Calm Mind

# 55, Golduck. Pretty meh to have two CMers on the same team, especially when Desukan is better, but the RNG threw it up so hey. Surf is a powerful STAB attack and Ice Beam has Grass covered. Psycho Shock makes Golduck into a pseudo-mixed attacker and gets acceptable coverage alongside the other two moves, I guess. Standard sweeper EVs and Nature.

Jirachi (http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/385.shtml) @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
Serene Grace
252 HP / 252 SpAtk / 4 Spe
Charge Beam
Psycho Shock
Energy Ball
Substitute

# 385, Jirachi. Yeah boi. I was pretty happy when the RNG threw this thing up. I haven't used CBRachi before, so I thought I might as well. Charge Beam + Serene Grace gets me a definite SpAtk boost. Psycho Shock is pseudo-mixed STAB, whilst Energy Ball covers Ground types which can give me trouble. Substitute is a great move that will help out with my setup.

So yeah, there you have it. Like I said earlier, no Pokémon replacements please. If you want to try improving synergy then change movesets to do so. Fire away.

[GS]
6th January 2011, 8:33 PM
You have Yawn twice on Tsunbeaa, one of which I assume
is supposed to be FP. Sub is a more reliable option over
Yawn IMO, but if it works for you go for it.

Everything else is fine, I see no major problems.

pc+1

Noctourniquet
6th January 2011, 8:39 PM
You have Yawn twice on Tsunbeaa, one of which I assume
is supposed to be FP.
no i'm teh haxx0r

yeah fixed

Sub is a more reliable option over
Yawn IMO, but if it works for you go for it.

Yeah I weighed them up against each other. Sub carries over from after beating other Pokémon, but Yawn lasts longer. It's a pretty tough choice. Idk right now. D:

Everything else is fine, I see no major problems.

pc+1

spam imma riport u

Ty man.

Soroft
7th January 2011, 4:28 AM
Atari called, they want their characters back.

Anyway, you're saying in your Gallade description that both him and Tsunbeaa are running Swords Dance. Fix it. /Grammar Nazi

Anywho, having both Jirachi AND Metagross on your team adds twice the weaknesses as only one of them, but w/e. The only other thing I can possibly see as a decent change would be to change Desukan's Hidden Power to Fire, since you don't have a Fire-type move anywhere in the entire team, but meh.

Next time, you should totally screw something up with the team so we actually have things to rate.

Noctourniquet
7th January 2011, 6:02 PM
Atari called, they want their characters back.

i don't geddit. ;-;

]Anyway, you're saying in your Gallade description that both him and Tsunbeaa are running Swords Dance. Fix it. /Grammar Nazi

tbh there are no grammar issues there, just the content is wrong. but fine. >:

]Anywho, having both Jirachi AND Metagross on your team adds twice the weaknesses as only one of them, but w/e.

indeed it does. blame the rng.

]The only other thing I can possibly see as a decent change would be to change Desukan's Hidden Power to Fire, since you don't have a Fire-type move anywhere in the entire team, but meh.

i see where you're coming from here but i don't see how it will be helpful. fire and fighting get fairly similar coverage. the only difference is that fighting does not cover bug (which is not of threat) but it does cover rock and dark. i'm leaving it on desukan for this reason; without hp[fighting], it has a hard time hitting dark types.

Next time, you should totally screw something up with the team so we actually have things to rate.

is that a complement? anyway i did make a few screw-ups initially but i think i fixed them all now.

thanks.

edit: lol @ how i forgot that my shift key exists.

BoxedLunch
7th January 2011, 7:52 PM
Anyway, you're saying in your Gallade description that both him and Tsunbeaa are running Swords Dance. Fix it. /Grammar Nazi
If you're a grammar Nazi, you should know that the correct sentence would be "both he and . . .," not "both him and . . .." It's a subject, so the pronoun should be in the nominative case. PWN~

Noctourniquet
7th January 2011, 8:00 PM
:rolleyes:

so my nice innocent team has turned into a nazifest. whoop-de-doo.

Typhlosionvsworld
7th January 2011, 8:15 PM
i see no major problems in your team
it looks decent
however, on tsunbea, focus opunsh often fails, so i suggest Ankle Sweep instead
battle away

Noctourniquet
7th January 2011, 8:35 PM
i see no major problems in your team
it looks decent
however, on tsunbea, focus opunsh often fails, so i suggest Ankle Sweep instead
battle away

Focus Punch doesn't really fail when the opponent is asleep from Yawn or can't hit me directly when behind Substitute. I'm still deciding on which I'm using, but whatever the case, Focus Punch is perfectly reliable on this set.

Thanks for the suggestion, though.